PDA

View Full Version : Rate my deck PLEASE

Chief Nightly
6th January 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm kinda new to tcg and this is one of my first decks. Please point out how i can improve it and where i can get cards to improve it. PLEASE rate it aswell.

ENERGY
14 fight
10 dark
1 rescue

POKEMON
3x riolu
1x lucario (the one with bulk up and magnum punch)
1x hitmonlee (with kick and high jump kick)
1x whishcash sp lv50 elite 4's pokemon
1x phanphy
1x donphan lv48
2x cacnea
1x cacturne lvl36
2x stunky
1x skuntank (stun gas and fury swipes)
2x eevee
1x umbreon (moonlight fang and quick blow)
3x larvitar
2x pupitar
1x tyranitar (from tyranitar deck)

TRAINERS
1x switch
2x pokemon communicators
1x energy exchanger
1x pokemon circulator
1x moo moo milk
1x full heal

SUPPORTERS
2x engineer's adjustments
1x interviewer's questions
1x professor elms training method
1x fisherman

This deck concentrates on getting a few prize cards at the start with pokemon like lucario and skuntank and while the quick-to-get-going pokemon are out there, tyranitar is preparing in the backround. i get 2 pupitars out and ready and attach a rescue energy to 1 of them and evolve that one into tyranitar. So when tyranitar dies, thanks to rescue energy, he comes back to torment the enemy again.

P.S. I'm also looking for a name for the deck, any ideas?

ven?
9th January 2011, 2:10 AM
can people please post decks as 2-2 lucario, idc what basic you use, that doesn't mean anything.

suggestions drop the engineer's for collector's, drawing 3 cards you don't know or getting three basic's you need., drop the switch for warp point as this helps for disrupting your opponent's deck, drop full heal for switch (at this point it can seem like a contradiction but benched pokemon cannot be effected by special condition's so in this case switch would be more useful). another idea is to clean up your line's a 3-2-1 line is not solid it's very flimsy as you won't be drawing the stage 2 or 1 card that you need, so solidify your line's by putting in an equivilent amount like this 1-1-1 or 2-1-2 (these are example's). also take out 8 fighting and 5 dark add in two rossane's reaserch (if this is modified collector and or call energy) and a bunch of rare candy and broken time space for fast evolution for your evolution cards, and finaly flower shop lady so you have the chance to use your cards again.

Chief Nightly
10th January 2011, 7:29 PM
Thanks for the advice ven. Just a few things I dont understand. First, swaping full heal with a switch, what if i dont have any pokemon on my bench that are ready to come out (eg. i only have pupitar on my bench) and they die. I wud have to start evolving all over again. And the other thing, whats the point of a rare candy, because you cant evolve again that turn, or does it let you evolve a basic into a stage 2?
apart from that, great advice, thanks. = )

SkittyOnWailord
11th January 2011, 10:30 AM
And the other thing, whats the point of a rare candy, because you cant evolve again that turn, or does it let you evolve a basic into a stage 2?

Rare Candy does let you evolve from a basic to a stage 2.

ven?
11th January 2011, 7:56 PM
Rare Candy does let you evolve from a basic to a stage 2.

What she said, and you can evolve as many pokemon as you can during you're turn as well, and believe it or not rare candy is the best thing you can add in you're deck (until rotation when the rule's become gay).

Out of a 60 card deck you have 14 basic, so 1/4 of you're deck is made up of basic's, not to mention I also suggested pokemon collector for this exact reason, collector let's you go through you're deck for up to 3 basic pokemon, increasing the playability of using switch (also it would come in handy for other reason's as well, Tyranitar has huge retreat and massive setup, what if he get's hammered and you want to keep him out of play for a few turn's, switch and or warp point).

Chief Nightly
11th January 2011, 8:24 PM
Thanks guys. I have a friend hu prob has sum of does cards, so ill try nd trade with him.

theInnosint
11th January 2011, 8:33 PM
Yo! Chief Nightly, you know my decks? They have alot of SP Pokemon which means basic Pokemon are at their most powerful straight away and can get a few quick kills from the start cos they're powerful and quick to set up so I would recommend getting rid of an evolution line or 2 and replace with a few SP Pokemon?

SkittyOnWailord
17th January 2011, 3:00 PM
What she said

I'm a guy.

Yo! Chief Nightly, you know my decks? They have alot of SP Pokemon which means basic Pokemon are at their most powerful straight away and can get a few quick kills from the start cos they're powerful and quick to set up so I would recommend getting rid of an evolution line or 2 and replace with a few SP Pokemon?

The problem with that is there are no good dark SPs. And very few good fighting ones. Apart from that, it seems like an alright idea. Maybe a fighting Crogunk G if he can get one?