PDA

View Full Version : Halp Meh!

Mr. Marowak
15th January 2011, 6:15 PM
You see, for Pokemon black, i'M rethinking my battle strategies. Why do iNEED your help? One, iAM extremely n00b at creating strategies. 2, iCan't win any battle against other people... ever. 3, iAM sure you've got good insight.

KK, here goes! Either rate the already-made team members, or fill-in the blanks for a new one.

Marowak/ Quirky LightningRod @thick club
Physical Sweeper/Trick-Roommate (already taken care of)
Bonemerang
Fire Punch (PAWNCH!!!)
Rock Slide
Outrage

Rankurusu: Calm Overcoat @ leftovers
Trick-Roomer/Supporter (already taken care of)
Trick Room
Toxic
Light Screen
Psychic
Side note: Credit to Aurawarrior8
THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN!!!

Drapion
Quirky Nature
(Moves and items your decision)
Side note: 250 speed, attack, def. and sp.def stats great, no sp attack potential

Kingdra
Probably special attacker or something like that
Calm @ Grip Claw
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Whirlpool
Signal Beam (should it be ice beam?)
Side note: All stats over HP: 305 everything else: 220+

Typhlosion
Rash @ miracle seed
Blaze (duh)
Eruption
Shadow claw
Brick break
Hidden power Grass
Side note: Sp. atk higher than regular atk, but not by much. Help with this set plz

Tropius
Hasty @ Razor Claw
Chlorophyll
Leaf Blade
Fly (does it need a better flying move???)
Steel Wing
Dragon Dance
Side note: Rather Slow. Perhaps a Sunny Day or trick-roommate (for double/triple battles with marowak and rankurusu) would help. so, help!

Please accept any credit doled out.

Aurath8
15th January 2011, 6:36 PM
You see, for Pokemon black, i'M rethinking my battle strategies. Why do iNEED your help? One, iAM extremely n00b at creating strategies. 2, iCan't win any battle against other people... ever. 3, iAM sure you've got good insight.

KK, here goes! Either rate the already-made team members, or fill-in the blanks for a new one.

Marowak/ Quirky LightningRod @thick club
Physical Sweeper/Trick-Roommate (already taken care of)
Bonemerang
Fire Punch (PAWNCH!!!)
Rock Slide
Thunder Punch

Rankurusu: Calm Overcoat @ leftovers
Trick-Roomer/Supporter
Trick Room
Toxic
Light Screen
Psychic
Side note: Credit to Aurawarrior8
THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN!!!

Drapion
Quirky Nature
(Moves and items your decision)
Side note: 250 speed, attack, def. and sp.def stats great, no sp attack potential

Kingdra
Probably special attacker or something like that
Timid @ Choice Specs
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Draco Meteor
Ice Beam
Side note: All stats over HP: 305 everything else: 220+

Typhlosion
Rash @ Life Orb
Blaze (duh)
Eruption
Flamethrower/Shadow Claw
Brick break
Hidden power Grass
Side note: Sp. atk higher than regular atk, but not by much. Help with this set plz

Tropius
Hasty @ Muscle Band
Chlorophyll
Leaf Blade
Fly
Earthquake
Curse
Side note: Rather Slow. Perhaps a Sunny Day or trick-roommate (for double/triple battles with marowak and rankurusu) would help. so, help!

Please accept any credit doled out.

I'll take that credit please, regular £10 top-up...oh wait. My phone's on contract, never mind.

Mr. Marowak
15th January 2011, 8:40 PM
I'll take that credit please, regular £10 top-up...oh wait. My phone's on contract, never mind.

Really? Well, get ready for this! You have one more phone than me! So ha! Extremely blatant Pokemon will laugh at you now!

;295; -Ha ha! ;297;-LOL! ;105;-wait. isn't the joke on me?

Dusknoirdude23
15th January 2011, 10:50 PM
If you are going to stick with Drapion, I would say get Cross Poison and Crunch if possible, otherwise you don't have many dark options without breeding, but there is Poison Jab TM and Payback TM. Maybe Toxic Spikes/Toxic to get some poison happening, and Ice Fang to cover the ground type weakness (Drapion's one and only!).
As for item, Balloon might be a smart idea with Drapion's ground type weakness, but that's really up to you to pick.

Mr. Marowak
15th January 2011, 11:55 PM
If you are going to stick with Drapion, I would say get Cross Poison and Crunch if possible, otherwise you don't have many dark options without breeding, but there is Poison Jab TM and Payback TM. Maybe Toxic Spikes/Toxic to get some poison happening, and Ice Fang to cover the ground type weakness (Drapion's one and only!).
As for item, Balloon might be a smart idea with Drapion's ground type weakness, but that's really up to you to pick.

Believe it or not, it actually has both Cross Poison and Crunch right now. Currently, it's on SS. So for now, it will have to wait. It's got X-Scissor now too. Will it and Ice Fang make for a good combo? I mean, iHAVE one physical sweeper already. Are there other options? I doubt it can learn Baton Pass...

Dusknoirdude23
16th January 2011, 12:42 AM
Well, X-Scissor is a handy extra move for the critical bonus, but it only adds dark to your super effective list, as grass and psychic are already covered by poison and dark. The dark type on its own won't cause you too much trouble, but it does give you an extra angle on some dual types. However, using X-Scissor and Ice Fang along with Crunch and Cross Poison does remove the space for any status move you may want to use. As I said, it's up to you in the end, as it is your Drapion. Hope this helps.

Bronzong#1
16th January 2011, 1:06 AM
hmm if it is black and white you can make tropius an epic stall wall give it you need a better flying movelike air slash which can make the opponent flinch and hit non ajacent opponents in triple battles and dump steel wing because it isnt a very good move and if you have it replace it with grass knot which is stabbed, which means a power boost and i dont understand dragon dance i know it raises attack but it also raises speed which is bad in a trick room team

Shine
16th January 2011, 1:25 AM
IMO, Trick Room team would work well only if all the other team members are slow too.
Drapion has 95 Base Speed - not exactly slow.
Typhlosion has even more, it's at 100.

Also, Nature-wise, a Hasty Tropius is useless due to it having only 51 Base Speed, not to mention you want a Trick Room-based strategy, so if Tropius has Chlorophyll and you give it Sunny Day, the end result would be Tropius gets to attack last, because now it's faster.

Bronzong#1
16th January 2011, 1:36 AM
yeah your team is split 2: 4 ratio of slow vs fast so trick room may not be the best strategy for your team

Aurath8
16th January 2011, 10:42 AM
*facepalm* I shoulda seen that Trick Room error. You could Scarf Marowak and maybe give Reuniclus another status move like Thunder Wave to help the Marowak and Tropius speed problems.

Mr. Marowak
16th January 2011, 3:16 PM
Thanks for all of the replies, everyone! I'll take each into consideration.

Mr. Marowak
16th January 2011, 3:22 PM
*facepalm* I shoulda seen that Trick Room error. You could Scarf Marowak and maybe give Reuniclus another status move like Thunder Wave to help the Marowak and Tropius speed problems.

iMiGHT do that, but iWAS taking Flash Cannon or Acid Armor into consideration. Hmm... paralysis, Steel-Type coverage or stupidly high defense in 3 turns or less?
Hmm...

I GOT IT!
(this is if trick room was kept)
Give the flying Fruit-o-Saurus Swords dance. More attack, no speed, Trick-Roommate of butt-keekingness!!!

Or better yet!
Tropius@big root
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade/Giga drain/Grass Knot
Roost
Toxic/Earthquake/Curse

Whaddya think?

Aurath8
16th January 2011, 4:56 PM
iMiGHT do that, but iWAS taking Flash Cannon or Acid Armor into consideration. Hmm... paralysis, Steel-Type coverage or stupidly high defense in 3 turns or less?

Tropius@Leftovers
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
Curse/Dragon Dance

Whaddya think?

Steel Type coverage is pretty bad and Rock or Ice don't threaten your team that badly. Thunder Wave does help the speed problem a lot though and doesn't sacrifice the sweeping possibility of other members. Acid Armor only needs to be used once for great defence but is more suited to a wall than a Supporter. I'd stick with T-Wave.

Mr. Marowak
16th January 2011, 8:36 PM
Steel Type coverage is pretty bad and Rock or Ice don't threaten your team that badly. Thunder Wave does help the speed problem a lot though and doesn't sacrifice the sweeping possibility of other members. Acid Armor only needs to be used once for great defence but is more suited to a wall than a Supporter. I'd stick with T-Wave.

True. So, what yer saying is that Reuniclus's summary should be...
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Calm / Overcoat
Psychic
Toxic
Thunder Wave
Light Screen

...is that right?

PS iFIGURED out what 2 do 4 TROPIUS.

Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Roost
Earthquake

is it good 4 a defensive and is there any move in Unova that would suit it better?

MORE PS: Anyone have Wise Glasses they're willing to lo-- uh... give to me?