PDA

View Full Version : Which starter is best? I'm indecisive

legend_hunter-x0
17th January 2011, 12:43 PM
I'm getting ready for black and white for hit aussie shores. In earlier times i would have already picked out a starter, however I'm unable to decide between two of them.

Snivy. Snivy is a decent starter and as Jalord has some great speed , however its other stats are quite depressing plus with spending two generations each on the other two types i might go with a grass type.

Oshawott. Oshawott is a high balanced fighter which is carried through to Daikenki but i dont get the whole otter to seal change.

If people are concerned, I did give Tepig a shake of the sauce bottle, while it looks cool, it is too much of a glass cannon

Noctourniquet
17th January 2011, 1:50 PM
Hi, welcome to SPPf. Firstly, this thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=469356) is a more appropriate place to ask such questions.

Anyway, I don't believe in a 'best' starter because they all fir differently into different teams. That said, Oshawott / Daikenki is the most versatile and reliable imo so if you were to pick one of the three independently from the rest of your team, I'd say that one.

chanseychansey77
17th January 2011, 7:08 PM
I say Jarlorda, for Leech Seed, speed, Coil, and Dragon Tail.

Daikenki is fine, though.

My opinion, anyway.

Spyfox4989
17th January 2011, 8:41 PM
I think Daikenki is the best. It only has two weaknesses which you can cover with moves like Ice Beam, Megahorn, and Dig, and has the ability to be really physical or really special. He has decent defenses and can set up with a Substitute-Swords Dance matching (which is what I did) and phys sweep away.

But to be honest I love Emboar for type coverage with (Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Brick Break, and Stone Edge) with a Quiet nature.

And let's see... Jalorda sucks... lol

Good luck choosing.