PDA

View Full Version : Future White Team

samramz94
20th January 2011, 5:01 AM
This is my team for White, both up to and after the E4. So far, my team is only 4 pokemon, but I am having trouble deciding on ones that would go well with the others. I may even save the last two slots (most likely at least one) for HM slaves.

When making this team, I started with Abagoura and Shandera because they are two of my favorites of this generation. Then I added Jalorda, because I like to use my starter, and I already have a water and a fire type. Then I added Shibirudon, but I am willing to remove it for something better.

I am kind of a noob at natures and EVs, so I looked at sets from Smogon's forums. If you think something is better, please tell me. I also based my move sets off of those, but I altered some for myself.

My Team:

http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/blackwhite/497.png
Serperior (Careful) @ ?
Overgrow
EVs: 236 HP ; 188 Special Defense ; 20 Attack ; 64 Def
-Coil
-Leaf Blade
-Toxic
-Dragon Tail

I was going for support with Toxic, and Dragon Tail is for Pokemon, like steel types, who resist it. Coil to raise attack for Leaf Blade and Dragon Tail and Accuracy for Toxic and Dragon Tail

http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/blackwhite/565.png
Abagoura (Impish) @ Leftovers
Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP ; 180 Attack ; 116 Special Defense
-Curse
-Aqua Jet
-Rock Slide (maybe change to Stone Edge after E4)
-Crunch Earthquake

Physical tank. I prefer Rock Slide in-game because I don't really need a ton of power, and I don't want to use a TM.

http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/blackwhite/609.png
Shandera (Bold) @ ?
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP ; 252 Defense ; 4 Speed
-Pain Split
-Calm Mind
-Flamethrower/Overheat
-Shadow Ball

Special tank (I guess). In this case, I'm stuck between Flamethrower, a much better and more reliable attack, and Overheat, which doesn't require a TM; however, I will most likely just use Flamethrower. I think Shandera is worth it. (Shandera is definitely worth it when TMs are reusable) :)

http://www.pokestadium.com/pokemon/sprites/handheld/blackwhite/604.png
Eelektross (Adamant) @ (Something good for physical moves)
Levitate
EVs: 92 HP ; 252 Attack ; 164 Speed
-Wild Bolt
-Brick Break
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch

Physical attacker. I like Shibirudon because of its lack of weaknesses and because I think it goes well with the rest of my team, but I know there may be better alternatives.

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/571.png
Zoroark (Timid) @ Wise Glasses/Bulb
Illusion
EVs: 4 HP ; 252 Special Attack ; 252 Speed
-Nasty Plot
-Night Burst
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower

I think Zoroark would be pretty fun to use. I will most likely use Shandera for the illusion, because it resists fighting and bug. I was also thinking that since Shandera is fire type, I could give Zoroark the Bulb so that if I got hit by water attack, I would get a Sp. Attack boost.

Any help, whether an addition to the team or just a move change, will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Zhanton
20th January 2011, 1:06 PM
I'd just like to point out that, although you are concerned about wasting TMs on many Pokemon, you should know that TMs can be used unlimitedly now, so you don't need to worry about wasting a TM.

Having said that, I'll leave the real rating to the real raters :P

Aurath8
20th January 2011, 6:50 PM
See my sig. Chooze moar pokeeze. Bann da Black/White HM *****z!

*ahem*
Earthquake > Crunch on Abagoura. It covers Electric and Steel, both types that give you grief.

No Overheat on Shanderra. It conflicts with Calm mind.

I'll leave natures n' items to other raters.

samramz94
20th January 2011, 10:01 PM
Oh, I didn't realize I could reuse TMs. In that case, I'll definitely use Flamethrower and most likely Stone Edge.

Also, Aurawarrior8, what do you mean only 1 HM is used? Even if I only NEED to use one, won't I still WANT to use all of them? Or are some completely useless?

Aurath8
21st January 2011, 6:18 PM
Here we go again...

Cut is used about twice through unova, the first time is just after gym 1 and is the one required use and their might be a second one somewhere.

Strength is used about 8 times to get insignificant items or skip a very short amount of walking.

Surf is used on Route 17 and 18 where you can find the TM for T-bolt and the Waterfall HM. It is also used on Route 8 and the underground water hole to get Ankle Sweep and Focus Blast.

Fly is... Fly.

Waterfall is used post-nat. dex to find a sage who will give you a stat changing TM(I'm unsure on which it is)

Dive is used in another post-nat.dex location to get some Arceus plates and some items that can be sold for a LOT of money and that's it.

They should really put this in the tweam building basics guide or something. I've said it dozens of times and even sigged it to every one of my 960 or so posts that cover a lot of the forum but still this happens. *grumbles in the corner*

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
22nd January 2011, 6:47 AM
May I also comment that Surf and Waterfall are good moves on the hands/paws/arms/psychic powers/legs/places of the right Pokemon.

Joerus
22nd January 2011, 5:02 PM
You might come up against some opponents who use Gravity. And while that's up, 3/4s of that team will be weak to ground! You have your starter to take care of that, but I might suggest a different water or fire-type.

;257; Later.

Aurath8
22nd January 2011, 5:28 PM
You might come up against some opponents who use Gravity. And while that's up, 3/4s of that team will be weak to ground! You have your starter to take care of that, but I might suggest a different water or fire-type.

;257; Later.

Lol, at the AI: 1. Using Gravity/anything that disables Shibi's Levitate and 2. Then using a Ground move. Only Probopass, Dusknoir and Arceus have a reason to do this since the AI doesn't care for tutors or breeding and probably not Heart Scale relearners either.

Abagoura is a water type and gets Solid Rock AND has huge defence anyway while Shanderra can learn Energy Ball. So they don't mind Grounds to much anyway.

samramz94
12th February 2011, 5:10 PM
Thanks for all the advice!

I have made some updates to my team, including adding Zoroark.

I could also still use some advice on items.