PDA

View Full Version : Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt! (385)

Serebii
23rd December 2004, 11:32 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/385.jpgLet it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt!

On their way to the next town, Ash & Co. find a mischevious Snorunt who keeps stealing things and freezing things such as Ash's Badge Case and Ash himself. However Team Rocket has their eyes on this Snorunt. Can Ash protect it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/385.shtml)

Discuss

The Big Al
23rd December 2004, 1:11 PM
That Snorunt is so cute but so annoying. I don't know whether to hug it or melt it.

I still love the offical Team Rocket parkas. I wonder those were in "Snow Way Out".

ChaosMage
23rd December 2004, 4:56 PM
What happened? How was Snorunt caught? Did any of Ash's pokemon get much needed airtime?

Alakazam
23rd December 2004, 4:57 PM
I knew it. It was caught Squirtle-like! What a guess...

Looking forward to pics.

JazzJazz
23rd December 2004, 8:58 PM
How was Snorunt caught?

Apparently it was another lame "joining" of the team rather than a capture... damn. Why can't you get all friendly with the pokemon in the games and just have them decide to jump in a pokeball?

.Bambi.
23rd December 2004, 9:24 PM
Apparently it was another lame "joining" of the team rather than a capture... damn. Why can't you get all friendly with the pokemon in the games and just have them decide to jump in a pokeball?
Haha! Jump in a PokeBall *laughs* Anywhays this is a let down...even though it was expected. Why must Ash "befriend" pokemon into his team? It ruins the entire hub of Pokemon! CATCHING and Training! Why can't the writers understand that? (not to mention the whole sunset on a hill scene where the group is walking and is then followed by _____ and then Ash says "Hey! Would you like to join our team? *giggles*" is TOTALLY OU to the MAX!) I can understand Torkoal being captured like that because its a delicate and emotional Pokemon but Snorunt? It seemeed to be fiesty, ruthless, and mischevious!!! GUHHHH! *waits for epi pics*

Geodude
23rd December 2004, 9:50 PM
People very quickly forget that Ash captured Treecko, Corphish, and Taillow via the "traditional" method. -_-

Golden Darkness
23rd December 2004, 10:16 PM
Well, technically Ash got friendly with Treeko before catching it(ie battle Treeko to prove his worth).

Same thing happened here.

PDL
23rd December 2004, 10:35 PM
they wouldn't have Ash come across a wild pokemon who didn't want a trainer, and then have Ash kidnap said pokemon would they?

Blaziken's Emberz
23rd December 2004, 10:39 PM
Well, an Ice-type on Ash's team makes his team half-vulnerable to Rock-types! Yay! Why is it that whenever Ash gets a team of six Pokémon, his team is always half-vulnerable to some type! Why?

: PMD :

Murgatroyd
23rd December 2004, 11:09 PM
I just wrote up this point-by-point summary of the episode. I've only watched it once so far, and wrote this from memory, so there may be errors or omissions.

-Satoshi-tachi arrive at the local Pokemon Center shortly before a blizzard is expected to start.
-While they're talking to Joy, a Yukiwarashi comes in. Joy tells them it's a bit of a trickster, and frequently borrows things from visitors. At this point, they notice that it's holding Satoshi's badge case.
-Joy tells Satoshi not to worry, that it always returns things before long. Satoshi is not inclined to wait, and has Pikachu and Heigani chase it down.
-When they have it cornered, Satoshi demands that it return his badges. It returns one badge, and uses Double Team to get away with the rest.
-Meanwhile, TR is trudging through the snow outside, very hungry, as they haven't eaten for a day. Musashi has just collapsed in the snow, when Kojirou spots the Pokemon Center. The thought of the food inside is enough to get Musashi moving again.
-Satoshi-tachi and Joy are searching the Pokemon Center for Yukawarashi, when they find another badge lying on the floor. Satoshi doesn't like the idea that it's returning his badges one at a time. Suddenly, Heigani charges off, and the others, suspecting that it has somehow sensed Yukiwarashi, follow.
-They end up in the kitchen. Satoshi looks around, sees nothing, and shouts something along the lines of "We know you're hiding in here somewhere! Come out and give my badges back!"
-Very confused as to how he knew they were there, Team Rocket comes out from behind some boxes, food in hand (and in mouth). They deny any involvement with his badges, and say they weren't even doing anything wrong. All they did was sneak in and take food without permission. For some reason, Haruka and Joy are offended by this.
-At about this time, Yukiwarashi comes out from behind another stack of boxes, and everyone's attention is off Team Rocket. Musashi and Kojirou don't like being ignored, and start shouting to get attention. They succeed, and when Joy yells at them about stealing the Center's food, Yukiwarashi suddenly becomes very serious and attacks them. Working together, Pikachu and Yukiwarashi defeat Team Rocket, Pikachu sends them flying, and Yukiwarashi opens a window to let them out.
-Satoshi thanks Yukiwarashi for its help, and again asks for his badges back. It gets the case out, starts handing it over... then freezes Satoshi with Icy Wind and hops out the window. Satoshi breaks free from the ice and follows it. The others, realizing that the storm is going to start soon, set out to bring him back.
-Satoshi catches up with Yukiwarashi at the edge of a steep hill, where it dances around a bit to taunt him. As is usual in such situations, the ice at the edge crumbles under its foot, and it ends up sliding out of control down the hill. Satoshi goes into his usual Rescue Mode, catches up with it, and when they're about to slide into a large rock, maneuvers them so that he takes the full impact on his back, protecting Yukiwarashi. Satoshi is knocked out, and Yukiwarashi is unable to wake him.
-The storm has started. Takeshi, Haruka, and Masato return to the Pokemon Center without Satoshi.
-Satoshi wakes up to find himself in a snow cave with Yukiwarashi. He thanks it for saving him, and it gives him an apple. They share it, and Satoshi says something about how worried the others must be. Yukiwarashi gives him a couple more apples, then takes his hat and walks off into the storm.
-At the Pokemon Center, it delivers the hat to the others. As soon as the storm is over, they ask it to lead them to Satoshi, and set off on snowmobiles.
-They find Satoshi right where Yukiwarashi left him, and there is the usual reunion. As Satoshi once again asks Yukiwarashi to give his badges back, a giant hand comes out of nowhere and grabs both Yukiwarashi and Pikachu. It is, of course, Team Rocket.
-Pikachu and Yukiwarashi are caught in boxes. Pikachu tries to escape with an electric attack, and as usual, fails. Musashi laughs, saying "Of course we made it strong against electricity". Yukiwarashi tries to escape with Icy Wind, and Kojirou laughs, saying "Of course we made it strong against... wait a minute...". Yukiwarashi breaks out of the box. It uses Icy Wind against TR, but Musashi yells at Sounansu to "Do something!", and it uses what appears to be Mirror Coat. TR manages to escape in the balloon with their Pikachu-in-a-box.
-Musashi and Kojirou are not very disappointed that their plan half failed. After all, they got Pikachu. They're not quite so happy when they find the twerps and Joy following them on the snowmobiles (following one of the usual Convenient Paths™ through the woods). TR manages to speed up, but Joy knows a way to catch up. This method apparently involves leaving the path, going through the woods at high speed, then going off a jump just as the balloon goes by. At the top of their trajectory, Satoshi throws Yukiwarashi at the balloon.
-Yukiwarashi freezes Musashi, Kojirou, Nyasu, Sounansu, and the balloon itself, then jumps out with Pikachu-in-a-box before the balloon crashes down. Satoshi soon gets Pikachu out of the box, and with Pikachu and Yukiwarashi, defeats TR and their pokemon, and sends them blasting off.
-Yukiwarashi is *still* reluctant to return the badges. One of the group speculates that it doesn't want to, because it likes Satoshi and if it gave them back, he'd leave, and it wouldn't be able to play with him any more. Satoshi tries to solve the dilemma by inviting Yukiwarashi to come with him. Yukiwarashi responds with an unmistakable "you wanna fight?" motion. It may like him, but it isn't about to be captured without seeing if he's strong enough first.
-Satoshi battles it with Pikachu. After a long fight, he wins, the last attack knocking the badge case away from Yukiwarashi. Satoshi throws a Monster Ball, beep beep beep, and he's caught it.
-The final scene is back at the Pokemon Center, with Yukiwarashi being introduced to all the group's pokemon. Heigani gets a little too close and acts a little to aggressive, and gets frozen. Haruka has Wakashamo thaw Heigani with a Fire Spin, and Satoshi sits down for a little talk with Yukiwarashi about acceptable behavior.

Pokeballs
23rd December 2004, 11:29 PM
Lol i think it sounds like a great episode, thanks for the sypnopsis Murgatroyd ^^

Glad there was a battle capture after making it seem like a befriending capture :p

Edit: now that i think about it, if the Baboach episode had been shown, it would've been exactly one year since Torkoal was captured.

nice touch with the TM next to the convenient paths part, btw :D

V Faction
23rd December 2004, 11:39 PM
Ah, sounds like a grand episode.

"Acceptable behavior." Ha, I hope that doesn't last long.

Nameless
23rd December 2004, 11:57 PM
Well, technically Ash got friendly with Treeko before catching it(ie battle Treeko to prove his worth).

Same thing happened here.

Isn't that still leaning on the traditional method? Ash still has to battle to capture them. It's not like how Charmander and Squirtle joined the team, all they did was jump into the ball so that's different.

PDL
23rd December 2004, 11:59 PM
I like the little guy's personality quite a bit :D

the bit about Team Rocket coming out of hiding sounds priceless as well

Team Rocket's Lugia
24th December 2004, 12:03 AM
Eyecatch Pics, anyone???
I really hate befriend captures, and I agree with everyone else, it defeats the purpose on pokemon

Goin' Graveler
24th December 2004, 12:07 AM
Another cheeky little Pokemon. Kinda reminds me of Squirtle/Corphish when first caught.

PDL
24th December 2004, 12:09 AM
well, what other sort of way of obtaining a pokemon would you want?

if they wanted a "traditional" capture, as to the pokemon just appearing out of nowhere, as Ash coming across it, and the pokemon being captured against it's will...

they won't do that because it would be simlair to a kidnapping and the Ash's relationship with the pokemon would probably be tainted because of it

or you could have the pokemon just be on the team and have no personality what so ever. Something which is something that the Advanced seasons have avoided at all costs.

.Bambi.
24th December 2004, 12:30 AM
Oh! So they actually do have a fight? Then thats fine, actually GREAT! This episode sounds awesome and I cannot wait for pics...Snorunt sounds priceless! And Geodude, no, I did not forget about Ash catching his first 3 Pokemon the traditional way. Like I posted before, I thought Snorunt, being fiesty and tricky would WANT to battle Ash to be captured (and it did just that...how CUTE!) But everyone was saying that it was one of those sunset on a hill "wana come with us?" captures (if you can call it a capture that is)

Hales
24th December 2004, 1:09 AM
Okay I adore Snorunt, I'll add him to be my third favourite Pokemon, because well he's totally cute!

I'm glad Ash battled Snorunt... and why oh why does Ash seem to freak out his friends by going missing? ;)

Juputoru
24th December 2004, 2:01 AM
Yes, they should know by now that NOTHING will stop, hurt, or kill Ash. Nothing. Neither sustaining a back injury, nor being Flamethrowered, electricuted, or frozen, nor falling form great heights, nor being turned to stone, nor anything else will do him harm. He...is...IMMORTAL!

(not really(all the characters are like that), but I just had to do that :D)

-Protecting Snorunt...by taking an impact on his back. Smart, if your goal is to be paralyzed.
-"acceptable behavior." Hehe. The wording of that makes it sound much funnier than it most likely actually is.
-Returning one badge in response to Ash demanding his badges back. Nice.
-"borrows" things from visitors? Suuure, Joy. It just "borrows" them...
-Snorunt "delivering" Ash's hat to his friends so that they know he's OK...shouldn't that make them worry MORE?(1:He's out in the cold with nothing covering his head(unless his jacket has a hood...) 2:How would they know that Ash was with his hat when Snorunt took it? For all they knew, it could have found his hat in the middle of nowhere with Ash nowhere to be seen) Or am I missing something?

ŁańkaŃ
24th December 2004, 2:23 AM
Yea..finaly...a funny type...which totally intrests me...YES

Thriller
24th December 2004, 3:18 AM
you guys wanna know something? He acts like a mix between Charizard and Corphish.

spacefissure
24th December 2004, 5:09 AM
You mean he's half disobediant and half angry a lot of the time?

Torkoal Stu
24th December 2004, 9:14 AM
this ep loks so cool and i know it was just aired but here are 2 dub title ideas

-the snorunt in the family!- (pun on the words the runt in the family)

-let it snorunt- (pun on the words let it snow)

DragoKnight
24th December 2004, 1:23 PM
Ash captured Snorunt. If you look at the episode pictures it shows Pikachu in a battle with it. Snorunt didn't just hop in a Pokeball like Charmander did.

sCiZoR
24th December 2004, 4:10 PM
The battle between Snorout VS Pikachu went like this:

Snorout backed off from the group and started doing a Muhammad Ali-type boxing stance, signaling to Ash that it wanted to battle. Ash, of course, decided to use Pikachu, calling it to use Iron Tail against Snorout. Being the tricky ice-type it is, Snorout does into a Double Team to evade being hit, putting Pikachu into distress. That's made even worse when Snorout starts running in and out of the Double Team DURING the attack to try and hit Pikachu. Ash gets an idea and has Pikachu use Iron Tail to douse snow all over the Double Teaming Snorout, making the faux copies disappear. Pikachu's coat shines as it flies in for a Quick Attack, knocking Snorout to the ground (and the Badge Case from its body). Ash throws a Monster Ball to try and catch it and the rest is history.

Yo, this episode was a lot better than what I had hoped it to be. The ending scene where Ash introduced Snorout to all the other Pokemon in their group was a nice touch. Real funny how when Corphish tried to make friends and Snorout froze it with Icy Wind. Personally, I think Snorout is a fast Pokemon. I mean if a Pokemon can still attack while in the middle of using a Double Team attack, you have to admit that that's one fast creature. I'm glad it's going to make an appearance in the next episode, too. I want to see it use some other cool attacks.

Nameless
24th December 2004, 5:42 PM
Ouch poor Corpfish, gets frozen, then gets fried by Combuskten.

ghost master
24th December 2004, 6:05 PM
acceptable behavior LOL
hopefully we wont have a similar episode as the sableye one with Ash teaching corphish a lesson. I hope he tries a different way at least.
team rocket coming out of hiding scene with TR trying to figure out how he knew they were was funny
frozen wobbufet looks interesting and once again poor corphish gets the short end of the stick
Merry Christmahannukwanzakuh!

Space Skitty
24th December 2004, 6:54 PM
Thanks, Murgatroyd! This episode sounds good! Snorunt sounds like it'll be an interesting addition to Ash's team. Poor Corphish is getting mocked again! The pictures were also nice. All that snow! I wish it'd snow here... This was a good episode for Christmas.

Geodude
24th December 2004, 7:11 PM
So Snorunt's attack was Icy Wind for sure, eh?

Cyndaquil
24th December 2004, 7:14 PM
I thought It'd be Blizzard, coz Icy Wind doesn't freeze :/

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th December 2004, 7:17 PM
Few Questions

1. What does Snorunt soud like? Does it have a annoying high-pitch laugh?

2. Did the Intro change at all, like is Snorunt seen at the beginnign when all of Ash's Pokemon Attack. (If it doesn't, maybe they will change it next episode. Because it would sort of spoil the episode if we saw he got Snorunt.)

3. So what seems to be Snorunt's main attack? Is it icy Wind?

JazzJazz
24th December 2004, 7:50 PM
Ash captured Snorunt. If you look at the episode pictures it shows Pikachu in a battle with it. Snorunt didn't just hop in a Pokeball like Charmander did.

I understand that now, Serebii said in another thread that it "joined" the group through friendship... perhaps I misinterpretted the information, oh well... it's clear now.

Gravy
24th December 2004, 8:07 PM
I thought It'd be Blizzard, coz Icy Wind doesn't freeze :/
Would make sense that an Ice attack of any type could have the ability to freeze something over if you ask me~ It doesn't have to follow the game exactly.

JazzJazz
24th December 2004, 8:40 PM
Would make sense that an Ice attack of any type could have the ability to freeze something over if you ask me~ It doesn't have to follow the game exactly.

Very true, the anime often adds little tweaks and effects to moves that aren't found in the games.

Geodude
24th December 2004, 8:41 PM
And it certainly wasn't Blizzard, since it looks nothing like when Skitty does it.

JazzJazz
24th December 2004, 9:01 PM
And it certainly wasn't Blizzard, since it looks nothing like when Skitty does it.

Hasn't the anime represented the same move in different ways before?

ChronoAzn
24th December 2004, 9:43 PM
Great episode, I thought it was funny when Snorunt came out of the Pokeball and was doing a Russian dance.

Geodude
25th December 2004, 7:14 AM
Hasn't the anime represented the same move in different ways before?
Not this drastically, unless a twist was intentionally put on the attack, such as Charizard's "aerial Submission attack".

We'll need Murg or Edward Elric or someone to confirm this.

This was a good episode for Christmas.
Just FYI, for those of you who celebrate Christmas...Meowth and Chimecho wore Santa hats in the motto, and Meowth rode in a sleigh.

Sharpshooter
25th December 2004, 8:41 AM
Snorunt seems a bit sneaky, I'm not actually a big fan of any of Ash's Hoenn Pokémon as of yet. I'll reconsider that statement though with Snorunt, it has a funny smile, reminds me a bit like Mutley out of Wacky Races lol. Should be good to watch.

Juputoru
25th December 2004, 3:43 PM
Not this drastically, unless a twist was intentionally put on the attack, such as Charizard's "aerial Submission attack".

Dragon Rage has seen two drastic variations(from a ball of flame to a ball of glowing yellow energy with some sparks coming out of it). Ember has been shown as flames that surround the opponent then come in on it(unless they mis-identified that attack in the Koga ep. in Kanto...), Charmander waving its tail so that the embers from its flame hit the foe, and as small ovals of red energy. Those are the two main examples that come to mind...

Geodude
25th December 2004, 6:44 PM
You're right...I forgot about those.

JazzJazz
25th December 2004, 8:17 PM
Hasn't hyper beam been shown as both orange and blue beams of light before as well?

frednmethod
26th December 2004, 12:18 AM
I just saw the episode and I especailly liked the part when Snorunt was being introduced to everyone; Grovyle standing expressionless, Torkoal crying...

Also, what did May say to Team Rocket while they were in their balloon, that made them suddenly depressed? I wanna know.

Chris
26th December 2004, 3:23 AM
Wow. This wasn't a bad episode at all. Not only did Satoshi befriend Yukiwarashi, but it even wanted a battle before being captured. Anyone notice they're now begining to use them computers to animate attacks and such now? Sabonea and Yukiwarashi had a white glow and small sparkle the moment they came out of their Monster Balls like you'd see in the more recent games, Sonansu's Counter was COMPLETELY redone (unless that was Mirror Coat, Musashi didn't specify what attack to use) to show it have a glassy effect instead of glowing red, and Sabonea's Pin Missile next episode fires off like homing missiles. XD I found it odd that they started using a different style for Bubblebeam earlier. Seems they're redoing more and more attacks and making the anime alot more stylish.

I'll post up Eyecatcher pics in a moment and I'll post Yukiwarashi's voice in my voice thread.

V Faction
26th December 2004, 5:20 PM
Thanks for the correction before, "Ed", and...

(unless that was Mirror Coat, Musashi didn't specify what attack to use)
From your descriptions, I'm leaning towards Mirror Coat. That makes a lot more sense, especially if there was a glassy effect.

Factory Head Noland
26th December 2004, 9:19 PM
I'm just about to see this episodes (32% as I speak). I've seen the screenshots and it looks like a really great episode and many people are saying it's good so I can't wait!

PM me if you want the website.

Chris
26th December 2004, 10:52 PM
I'm just about to see this episodes (32% as I speak). I've seen the screenshots and it looks like a really great episode and many people are saying it's good so I can't wait!

PM me if you want the website.
If you're referring to a website with screens, that's fine and dandy. But if you're talking about a site with links to download episodes, you're gonna have to stop right there. >_>

Here are the screens for the eyecatchers from this week's episode:
http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher.jpg http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher2.jpg
http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher3.jpg http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher4.jpg

Pokemon Fan
26th December 2004, 11:43 PM
About Snorunt's attack:

It was most definately Icy Wind (or perhaps Powder Snow, I forget if Snorunt learns that), and consisted of various-sized blasts of sparkling icy energy. Unlike the Ice Beam or Blizzard attacks it didn't do much to damage the opponent, whoever was hit with it was just briefly covered in ice before shaking it off (except Corphish). In the games Icy Wind just slows the opponent down and does minor damage, and it seemed to be the same here (though it didn't look like the Icy Wind used by an Azumarill in Johto).

Even the way it froze things was different from Ice Beam and Blizzard. Instead of encasing the foe in large block of ice, it basically coated them with a snow-cone like covering that simply immobilized them for a time.

I like Snorunt's personality and can't wait to see what will happen next with it. It's a rather unique creature, most similar to Corphish but without the temper and with a more mischevous than giddy personality. It also seems to have a set of attacks quite different from any Pokemon Ash has had before, and I'm curious how Ash will use it in battle beyond the Double Team/Headbutt combo it used on Pikachu. It's a little strange, all this time Ash has never had a Pokemon with the common attack Double Team but now he has two! *imagines a double battle with Snorunt and Swellow as they fill the field with mirror images*

Was I the only one touched by little Snorunt not wanting to give all of Ash's badges back because it didn't want Ash to leave? *sniffs* That would have made the episode but Snorunt than wanting Ash to prove his worthiness beyond any doubt by defeating it made it even better. I am not against no-battle captures as they capture the essense of Pokemon (befriending and building bonds with the creatures as you train), but well-done battle-captures (where the Pokemona nd trainer mutually decide to battle with capture on the line) are even better. Who would have thought the writers could do so much with a Pokemon that seems so limited and plain as a character due to its body design?

Just checked, it seems Snorunt learns both Icy Wind AND Powder Snow. But I still think it was most likely Icy Wind. The level-up moves are in order: Powder Snow, Leer, Double Team, Bite, Icy Wind, Headbutt, Protect, Crunch, Ice Beam, Hail, Blizzard. For Egg moves all it gets is Spikes and Block, but the TM moves are nicely varied, including things like Safeguard, Water Pulse and Shadow Ball, so there is quite a bit the writers could have Ash's Snorunt do.

Chris
26th December 2004, 11:54 PM
It was indeed Icy Wind. Masato's pointed out that it used Kogoeru Kaze, which is Icy Wind. Plus it makes more sense since the attack was icy, rather than snowy and would have covered Satoshi and the Rocket Gang in snow rather than ice had it been using Powder Snow.

Factory Head Noland
27th December 2004, 12:58 AM
I knew it! I said that it was Icy Wind from last weeks preview and many people didn't believe me...look who's laughing now!! Ha-ha-ha (j/k lol).
I just rushed through this episode to see if there is the Advanced Adventure tune in and guess what...? IT IS!! It makes the episode a legend! I'm gonna watch it in full later on.

Heracross
27th December 2004, 5:39 PM
This was a really good episode. Yukiwarashi was quite an interesting and mischevious little pokémon. Heigani was also really funny in this episode, especially at the end when May's Combusken tried to thaw him out of the ice and ended up knocking him out.XD I really can't find anything bad to say about this one, it was great.

Ninetalesuk
4th January 2005, 10:36 AM
This was a really good episode. Yukiwarashi was quite an interesting and mischevious little pokémon. Heigani was also really funny in this episode, especially at the end when May's Combusken tried to thaw him out of the ice and ended up knocking him out.XD I really can't find anything bad to say about this one, it was great.

I wonder what Snorunt's dub voice is gonna be like...

Sharpshooter
4th January 2005, 11:05 AM
I wonder what Snorunt's dub voice is gonna be like...

Probably end up sounding like a cat or something. "Hey Snorunt gimme back my badge's!" "Meeeoooow".

The thing about Ash now is he's beginning to have Pokémon with a bit of personality, with the likes of Treecko, Corphish and now Snorunt in his squad, which has to be said is a bit different from any other region he's been invovled in. Snorunt looks the best of the bunch though.

Ninetalesuk
4th January 2005, 11:09 AM
Probably end up sounding like a cat or something. "Hey Snorunt gimme back my badge's!" "Meeeoooow".

The thing about Ash now is he's beginning to have Pokémon with a bit of personality, with the likes of Treecko, Corphish and now Snorunt in his squad, which has to be said is a bit different from any other region he's been invovled in. Snorunt looks the best of the bunch though.

Yep... Ash's second Ice Pokemon, even though Lapras was part Water and part Ice...

The only elements Ash hasn't caught are Dark, Psychic, Dragon, Steel and Rock (Larvitar doesn't count as Ash didn't actually CAUGHT, he was just babysitting it). Considering his way of training, I'm sure he'll catch every Pokemon in about 2 or 3 hundred years or so... Give or take.

Pokemon Fan
5th January 2005, 1:40 AM
Considering his way of training, I'm sure he'll catch every Pokemon in about 2 or 3 hundred years or so... Give or take.
Though you do realize he doesn't want to capture every species of Pokemon right? He doesn't even want as many as Gary. His style has become "quality over quantity" as he puts it, not as though it would be possible for anyone in the anime to really "catch'em all."

sCiZoR
5th January 2005, 2:54 AM
Anyone notice they're now begining to use them computers to animate attacks and such now?

These changes started back when they added the 8th intro into the anime, when Corphish used a multi-colored Bubblebeam.

Also, listen real carefully next time anyone throws a Pokeball. It makes a cool-sounding noise while its spinning, right before the Pokemon beams out. I thought that was an interesting addition. Wonder why all these little innovations are being added.

Gravy
5th January 2005, 1:20 PM
Also, listen real carefully next time anyone throws a Pokeball. It makes a cool-sounding noise while its spinning, right before the Pokemon beams out. I thought that was an interesting addition.
Oh, they're still using that sound effect are they? I'm a little surprised at that actually. Considering it was introduced during the recent Mawile episode in which quite a few odd sound effects where used, I'd just assumed it was going to be exclusive to that episode only.
*shrugs* Still, it is nice that they've decided on keeping it~

For the record, I hope they do continue this trend of changing the appearence of attacks. Personally I find many of them have just looked too similar or just plain crappy >.>;

Geodude
9th January 2005, 8:16 AM
The only elements Ash hasn't caught are Dark, Psychic, Dragon, Steel and Rock (Larvitar doesn't count as Ash didn't actually CAUGHT, he was just babysitting it).

And Noctowl, even though it's not a Psychic-type, will probably serve in that capacity for a while since it does specialize in Psychic-type moves. So Ash does have a Psychic type, sort of.

Dogasu
16th January 2005, 12:50 AM
I just got around to seeing this episode, and wow...Satoshi slamming his back against that rock looked PAINFUL. He should have had some sort of back injury for a while after that, yet he was able to ride a jet ski in the air later in the episode with no problem at all.

Factory Head Noland
16th January 2005, 3:11 PM
I just thought of a cool dub title for this episode..."That's Snow Business!"

Geodude
16th January 2005, 9:23 PM
yet he was able to ride a jet ski in the air later in the episode with no problem at all.

You mean a snowmobile. :p

GoldenNoctowl77
24th January 2005, 2:55 AM
Just to let you all know I have completed the guide for this ep and it should be up tomorrow morning :)

Blaziken Trainer
24th January 2005, 2:57 AM
Yey! Finally!

Jay star
10th November 2005, 1:31 AM
ok i am fairly sure and i cant hold in how excited i am about it but i think in england on monday on toonami is this episode and i loved snorunt since before ash had one i caught it on my sapphire and loved it and whe nash caught one i was soo happy so i need to make sure that the episode after absol-ute disaster is catch snorunt right ? cos welll i CANT miss it if it is
^_^

meganium5000
14th November 2005, 11:59 PM
I Am The Best

Dr. Sun
27th November 2005, 4:22 AM
Haha! Jump in a PokeBall *laughs* Anywhays this is a let down...even though it was expected. Why must Ash "befriend" pokemon into his team? It ruins the entire hub of Pokemon! CATCHING and Training! Why can't the writers understand that? (not to mention the whole sunset on a hill scene where the group is walking and is then followed by _____ and then Ash says "Hey! Would you like to join our team? *giggles*" is TOTALLY OU to the MAX!) I can understand Torkoal being captured like that because its a delicate and emotional Pokemon but Snorunt? It seemeed to be fiesty, ruthless, and mischevious!!! GUHHHH! *waits for epi pics*

That's not entirely fair. Ash attacked Pidgeotto, Krabby, Muk, Snorlax and Primeape, and caught them all in the traditional way. And they all (sooner or later) became friends with him. He also picked fights with Chikorita and Totodile, and would have caught them in similar ways, if circumstances hadn't messed up the capture.

stu770
11th December 2005, 11:59 AM
when will this come out in the uk

shining-Celebi
21st December 2005, 12:11 AM
I thought up a dub title: "Let it Snorunt"
The pun: "Let it Snow"
I think it's a good title, what do you think?

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 12:33 AM
I can't wait for this. Ash finally catches another pokemon. He barely ever catches more pokemon. His last was Torkoal in early advanced challenge.Too bad we saw little of Snorunt before it evolved then left

DSRGBA
5th January 2006, 9:21 AM
wow episode dub is called: let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt

Rex Kamex
14th January 2006, 3:11 PM
Well what do you know. Ash sings today's dub title. That was unexpected.

FlamingRuby
14th January 2006, 3:13 PM
Is he on key? Anyone have some audio of it?

V Faction
14th January 2006, 3:20 PM
The first two Let it snow's are fine, but then the last line sorta droops off...
Surprising in any case.

Kanadian Kyuubi
14th January 2006, 3:22 PM
Sounded more like Max singing actually.

Rex Kamex
14th January 2006, 3:26 PM
Sounded more like Max singing actually.

Not really. That was Ash though.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
14th January 2006, 3:32 PM
It was kinda cool that Ash sang the title. Overall, the only thing that bothered me was TR trying to steal Pikachu
Huey and Riley Freeman: Again?
Me: Again!

Overall, 9/10

Momoko Lover
14th January 2006, 3:37 PM
I thought this episode was good, but I thought Snorunt's voice would sound sort of like Smoochum's, but I think this one sounds better.

V Faction
14th January 2006, 3:38 PM
Talk about nailing a voice! Wonderful Snorunt.

Well, nothing bad to say about this episode. The TC was good, Ash FINALLY has his new Pokemon, and TR makes more jokes about their run-out usefulness. By far the only bad part was Jessie not refering to Mirror Coat by name, but I guess bad experiences in the past lead to that.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
14th January 2006, 3:39 PM
Wow, that was unexpected 0_0. Interesting idea, though, having Ash sing the title.

At first, Snorunt's voice sounded too strange for me, but now it seems really fitting. I guess it just grew on me, like Grovyle and Swellow. Good thing, too, because I love Snorunt :D

Icy Wind doesn't freeze, that's something 4Kids overlooked. Should've been Powder Snow. In theory, it makes sense to have Icy Wind freeze, but Powder Snow makes sense and it actually can happen.

If they got the Trainer's Choice wrong today, I would've LMAO. This had t be the easiest one yet.

I loved May's attack on TR, and their stung reactions ^_^

At least Snorunt didn't just join Ash. He actually had to fight it to get it, which is how it should always be.

I can see how Ash and Snorunt developed that bond. There was some rather poignant moments in this episode.

Nurse Joy's voice.....was really off in this episode. I dunno if I'm just noticing it for the first time, or if it was actually messed up in this episode, but whatever the case, it's different than what I remembered.

OMG, the Snorunt vs. Pikachu battle in the end was excellent =D

Oh yeah, and the new Mirror Coat owns. So much cooler than Wobbuffet's old one(not that the old one was bad, just that this one is better).

Overall rating:
8.7 out of 10
Pretty good capture episode. Snorunt has a great personality, and I'm glad that, of all Pokémon, it got to be Ash's newest Team Member.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Geki
14th January 2006, 3:44 PM
I liked the episode, I have been wanting to see Ash capture Snorunt for a while now. I didn't like how Ash sang the title since it made it feel too much like a Christmas episode, and it's already way past Christmas. Chimecho in a Santa Hat was cool, and also Wobbuffet in earmuffs. I liked Snorunt's voice, it grew on me from the beginning of the episode.

9/10

Encyclopika
14th January 2006, 3:46 PM
The title reading made me LOL. XP
At first, I didn't like Snorunt's voice, but after a few mintues, I liked it. It just wasn't what I expected, but meh, it's not bad.
Icy Wind doesn't freeze, but it didn't make any bad impression on me. Since this isn't the game, we shouldn't be so hard on what they do. Oh well.
Ash caught Snorunt - that's great! ^^ I love Snorunt and can't wait to see it a lot more. ^^

My Overall score - 9.3/10 - it was pretty good. I liked it a lot. ^^

V Faction
14th January 2006, 3:49 PM
Icy Wind doesn't freeze, that's something 4Kids overlooked. Should've been Powder Snow. In theory, it makes sense to have Icy Wind freeze, but Powder Snow makes sense and it actually can happen.
Huh? How is this a fault of 4Kids?

Icy Wind does freeze. You just saw it do so in the episode! Okay, it's not a chunk of ice like we're used to, but that's part of its charm. As I'm sure you are aware of, Icy Wind slows down opponent's Speed. This is a fantastic way to 'slow' them down by having a coat of ice chill the target over.

But here's the interesting thing. In future episodes, Snorunt's Icy Wind DOES manage to freeze opponents! I'm talkin' full blown ice chunck style, like from Ice Beam and Blizzard. So... it's a matter of original artistic error. Their minds can't be made up. So in essence, 4Kids! can't be wrong nor can they be right.

If you wanted a more game-related relationship (and I don't blame you for wanting so), the fault really falls back to homebase.

Nurse Joy's voice.....was really off in this episode. I dunno if I'm just noticing it for the first time, or if it was actually messed up in this episode, but whatever the case, it's different than what I remembered.
As I'm sure most people will have pointed out before me due to my slow typing of this post, Joy has a new voice and has had one for quite some time. It's not a perfect replica but it is all we have and I'd say she does a fine job.

CyberCubed
14th January 2006, 3:49 PM
And so Ash finally completes his Hoenn roster. It's amazing that it took all the way till late Hoenn to finally have a full team of 6. Snorunt is a wonderful addition however, and provides to be quite a powerful asset later on.

And yay for Ash being aggressive again. He sounded pissed off throughout most of the episode, which I'm happy about. He still has his naive "Let's make friends" side to him that was more prevalent back in Kanto and the Orange Islands, but now he's a lot less forgiving and a lot more aggressive.

May's joke about Team Rocket saying, "That's why nobody likes you!" was hilarious. :D

It was also finally nice to have another episode with snow in it. When was the last time before this episode that we had snow on the ground?

V Faction
14th January 2006, 3:56 PM
And yay for Ash being aggressive again. He sounded pissed off throughout most of the episode, which I'm happy about. He still has his naive "Let's make friends" side to him that was more prevalent back in Kanto and the Orange Islands, but now he's a lot less forgiving and a lot more aggressive.
Now you KNOW that changes at the drop of a hat! =P

When was the last time before this episode that we had snow on the ground?
Snow Way Out!? =P

EDIT: =P

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
14th January 2006, 3:58 PM
1. I think there was also the Articuno trilogy in mid-Johto where there was snow on the ground
2. I too enjoyed "That's why nobody likes you!"

Atari
14th January 2006, 3:59 PM
Yip! The world's top most famous quotes:
1.''Last one there's a rotton Exeggcute!'' by Ash/Satoshi
2.''Se ya later, Feraligatr!'' by Team Rocket.

I can see how Ash and Snorunt developed that bond. There was some rather poignant moments in this episode.
How did you see the bond? Although Ash seemed really nice and forgiving(sp?), Snorunt seemed really annoying. Ash sometimes has the weirdo personality for choosing his bonds.

1 Shot question - I know Picachu and friends always blast Team Rocket out into the sky, but why would they do it to them for just eating food? It's nothing that they couldn't work for, but I'm starting to wonder it Ash enjoys making them feel pain. Yep, it's been that way for, what, over 500+ episodes? Quote me on that later ~ :p.

And yay for Ash being aggressive again. He sounded ****** off throughout most of the episode, which I'm happy about. He still has his naive "Let's make friends" side to him that was more prevalent back in Kanto and the Orange Islands, but now he's a lot less forgiving and a lot more aggressive.
Yeah, I was kind of glad. And you know at the end of the ep. he through Snorunt? If he hadn't made the bond, I betcha he would have thrown Snorunt down the 40+ feet :D. ~Don't quote me on that.

WaterDragon trainer
14th January 2006, 4:00 PM
I thought this episode was good. I thought Snorunt was cute. There were 4 funny parts in this episode.
1. When May told TR that no one likes them and they get all depressed
2. When Snorunt starts freezing everybody
3. Torkoal crying when Snorunt is introduced to everyone's pokemon
4. When Snorunt goes to save Pikachu from TR and starts freezing up them and their entire balloon
I was only a little disappointed that TR never had a boss fantasy for Snorunt (seeing in as how they have a boss fantasy for every new pokemon they see).

The Big Al
14th January 2006, 4:20 PM
Aside from the title screen this was a great episode dubbed. Snorunt's voice wasn't what I excpected but it was still all good. The mink reference in the motto was funny as 4Kids goofed and made reference to non Pokemon animals. All in all, a fine episode and the dub was just as good.

ghost master
14th January 2006, 4:29 PM
This episode was great. As funny and good as I remember. Although May's definition of cute is pretty wide apparently. Snorunt's voice is good. The way the pronounce Snorunts name was different than I pronounce it but, that happens a couple times like rayquaza. Anyway fun episode and if I recall snorunt is going to be a fun guy in the upcoming filler.

CoolTrainerTerry
14th January 2006, 5:09 PM
-Ash...singing..the..title!
-Snorunt just playing. Blah, blah, blah.
-Ash's badges are stolen, again. What is this, the 10th time.
-Ash sounded so ticked off.
-I liked how it tossed up a badge and froze it with Icy Wind.
-I liked how they were looking for Snorunt, and found Team Rocket.
-Team Rocket got frozen, shweet.
-Snorunt has a caring side, awww.
-They got Trainer's Choice RIGHT!
-Snorunt was smart taking Ash's hat and finding the group.
-Come on, a touching moment, yet again, getting screwed up by Team Rocket.
-James: Make it double 'cause I'm wearing mink.
-James: They were guaranteed to never fade.
Meowth: And they did keep their color quite nicely.
-May: Well that explains why everyone hates you three.
-Nurse Joy just happens to know a shortcut.
-What were the snowmobiles modeled after?
-Ash caught a Snorunt! Finally!
Good eppy, all in all.

Thriller
14th January 2006, 5:33 PM
Aah Snorunt, what can I say?

All I can say is that this Snorunt is very special. You should see why by... April or May.

Raito
14th January 2006, 5:37 PM
Good eppy.
Hilarious Snorunt.
BAD TITLE. Will never listen to that song for a while!(because of that and it's not Christmas :p)
Overall:8.5/10
They did well with this one.

Medea
14th January 2006, 7:09 PM
*singing*

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It...Snorunt!

I had to laugh at Ash singing the name of the title. Haha! But as for the rest of the episode, it was an okay episode. Nothing more. Although I have to say, that Snorunt is a cuttie but such a little pain-in-the-neck.

Tazzler
14th January 2006, 7:10 PM
Okay episode. Too many puns, though.

S.Suikun
14th January 2006, 7:17 PM
That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show. Thank God he didn't sing "Machoke Machoke Man" back in Johto.

jolteonjak
14th January 2006, 7:29 PM
Thank God he didn't sing "Machoke Machoke Man" back in Johto.

He didn't?

asia_catdog_blue
14th January 2006, 7:37 PM
That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show. Thank God he didn't sing "Machoke Machoke Man" back in Johto.
MACHOKE MACHOKE MAN!
I want to be a MACHOKE MAN!
It would sould like that, right? Oh, & I thought Ash had 5 Pokemon. Snorunt must love being a sneak.

Akane
14th January 2006, 7:55 PM
I thought this epsiode was great! Snorunt is soo cute. ^^And it helped out Ash too. Yeah it was mischevious, but it was doing it all for fun. XD I been waiting for Ash to get another Pokemon. ^^

10/10

Lil Brother
14th January 2006, 7:59 PM
That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show.Eh, it was funny because it was so random and unexpected. Especially when Veronica Taylor slipped over the last part. XD

And anyone else notice when the Kids WB site said before this aired? "Catch Snorunt this Saturday on Pokemon AdvancedBattle!" or something. I guess they wanted to keep the tradition of spoiling the capture, eh?

CyberCubed
14th January 2006, 8:25 PM
I dunno, I found Ash singing in "Me, Myself and Time" to be much scarier than this.

ハルカ and ゴンベ
14th January 2006, 8:39 PM
I'll post up Eyecatcher pics in a moment and I'll post Yukiwarashi's voice in my voice thread.

One question Ed...where is your voice thread?

Anyway I found this episode quite enjoyable...but...I HATE Yukiwarashi's voice...it just seemed really annoying to me...I need to get that voice thread so I can compare.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
14th January 2006, 10:21 PM
Huh? How is this a fault of 4Kids?

Eh, perhaps I misspoke. I meant that they could've called it Powder Snow for the sake of matching the description of the attack in question. But it doesn't matter now anyway, the episode's aired.

As I'm sure most people will have pointed out before me due to my slow typing of this post, Joy has a new voice and has had one for quite some time. It's not a perfect replica but it is all we have and I'd say she does a fine job.

Yeah, I know she has a new voice, I just never really noticed until today 0_0 Perhaps it's not the voice, but the tone.....Meh, I dunno.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Lil Brother
14th January 2006, 10:29 PM
Eh, perhaps I misspoke. I meant that they could've called it Powder Snow for the sake of matching the description of the attack in question. But it doesn't matter now anyway, the episode's aired.Yes, 4Kids's changes should be encouraged. >.> They're supposed to be keeping it as close to the original. I see what you mean, but it's wise of 4Kids not to change things like that. That and the fact that they honestly don't even care probably.

Kamex
14th January 2006, 10:34 PM
Cool episode, although it's pretty obvious the sole reason Ash and the group came into randomly snowy territory was to meet Snorunt.

Looks like they got Veronica Taylor REALLY voice acting with today's title read. They probably wanted to make sure the reference to the song was obvious.

Snorunt was a refreshing character-playful-I guess. But I'd appreciate Ash actually catching a Pokemon because it seemed useful. >_> I mean, how about catching a tough Pokemon in the beginning of the episode, then bonding with it for the rest of the episode?

Even though Joy's voice is obviously different, I've already grown used to it (I know this because I don't think twice when I hear her voice, unlike poor James' wrecked voice).

TC was pretty good. Confuse and confound with Pikachu-related Pokemon.

Meowth didn't have a fantasy today. :/ I personally find that unsatisfying (that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I do enjoy Meowth's fantasies).

Black Marauder
15th January 2006, 12:03 AM
Overall a good episode.

Dark Cacturne
15th January 2006, 12:49 PM
It seems to be a great episode: specially when ash's pokémon are chasing snorunt...That's the funny part.
And snorunt keep smiling!!!

ChaosMage
15th January 2006, 3:06 PM
Wow, this is only like... six months away in England. Rough guess?

Crystal Clair
16th January 2006, 4:41 PM
That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show
Am I the only one who doesn't think Ash sings that bad? Or maybe I'm used to it cuz I like to sing a lot like Ash.
May's attitude was pretty pmsy, then again I'm beginning to hate her again so basically it's another excuse to pack my bags and head out of the May fanbase. (or at least warm up the car)
I really like it when they dress full with the jackets. It's so cute and charming! I hope the next region will be cold enough for Ash to start wearing full sleeves. 8D
That'd be my dream come true, other than having Misty return. Cuz I have a clothed fetish. Now you know why I like hiker Clair so much. ^_~
disclaimer: I dont hate May enough yet to quit all her clubs, it may just be temporary (or just her annoying fanbase getting to me)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
16th January 2006, 4:42 PM
You are not alone-I think Ash's singing was great too

ハルカ and ゴンベ
16th January 2006, 7:04 PM
You are not alone-I think Ash's singing was great too

Yeah. Satoshi's singing wasn't ALL bad...I just wasn't expecting it.

Joe_Pokemon20000
17th January 2006, 3:45 AM
Forget this. My new "Let it Snow" song is Permanent until I'm banned. Let it snow, let it snow, let it sno-runt----- LET IT SNO-RUNT LET-IT-SNOR-RUNT! Let the Snorunts begin! All made courtesy of Satoshi. Rating of this stupid episode: 29. Who's idea of this title was it?

Geki
19th January 2006, 4:05 PM
It was 4Kids idea for the title since they make all their dub titles.

Serebii
19th January 2006, 4:07 PM
Could you please focus on the episode and not the delivery of the damned title?

wobbanut
21st January 2006, 1:53 PM
I finally watched my tape of this episode. Too bad that my local station changed times on me without warning and I missed the absol episode the other week. :( Here's hoping for reruns or DVDs.

Anyway, I liked this episode. I didn't like snorunt at first, but he grew on me as the episode wore on (including the voice). Chimecho in a Santa hat was absolutely adorable. :D :D :D I loved seeing Wobbuffet kick butt again, and the new animation for his attacks was awesome. Also, the funniest part of the whole episode had to be Ash demanding snorunt show himself in the kitchen, and Team Rocket pops out looking scared. LOL

8.5/10 for me.

~Silver Aura~
22nd January 2006, 12:42 PM
i've just watched this episode around an hour1/2 ago it was cool and i live in the UK so i didn't expect it to air i love snorunt and i actully have one on my games

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
22nd January 2006, 4:32 PM
I did not expect toonami to air this ep today......

but they did! but I didn't like it that much

Lupin
22nd January 2006, 9:16 PM
I did not expect toonami to air this ep today......

but they did! but I didn't like it that much

I know what you mean, I put it on just to see which episode it was (about 5 mins after it started so I think I missed Ash singing) and I was pretty surprised to see Snorunt.

Overall I loved this episode. Snorunts voice was just so cute, and the way it bonded with Ash was great. I also loved how Snorunt made Ash battle it rather then simply join his team, works a lot better that way.

Kanto Trio
23rd January 2006, 1:58 AM
This episode was a good one. I was laughing when Snorunt froze Ash. I also found it to be adorable. I did find Ash to be a bit childish when Snorunt took Ash's badge case even when it was only playing with Ash. My favorite part would of course be the part where Ash catches Snorunt since aSh finally catches another Pokemon.

Overall, this gets a 9/10.

Sike Saner
23rd January 2006, 3:33 AM
VERY CUTE...Everything about Snorunt, from its voice to its behavior throughout the episode, made me smile. Love the little guy already (but admittingly I can't wait for it to evolve - y'know, because...yeah. ^^)

One question though...Exactly WHERE did it REALLY have those apples tucked away?...XP

Infinite Master Sceptile
23rd January 2006, 8:06 AM
Gaah! SO CUTE! I wuvs Snorunt. It's so cute when it giggles in maniacal glee.

Lupin
24th January 2006, 10:18 AM
One question though...Exactly WHERE did it REALLY have those apples tucked away?...XP

In pockets on the inside on its coat

jindahouse
25th January 2006, 4:06 PM
i dont no ;372; he always has n I wish i dint live in england pokemon advanced battle hasn't even been shown in england yet we always last and with the games

jindahouse
25th January 2006, 4:07 PM
soz i ment;361;

Lupin
26th January 2006, 3:02 PM
Use the edit button, don't double post

Torkoal Stu
26th January 2006, 3:04 PM
It has on toonami (unless you don't have that then no it hasn't). Plus yeah Lupin's right don't double post.

And I missed this episode anyway ;_;

ChaosMage
28th January 2006, 6:59 PM
I've seen this at last, and it's fantastic! Snorunt has grown on me in its first two episodes, and it's a shame that its time with Ash will be cut short in both forms.

Aptenodytes
30th January 2006, 2:07 AM
Ash's singing was scary o.O I thought it was a very cool episode (and i mean cool XD) and it was great that Ash finally got a new pokemon after like 20 episodes! Snorunt (i pronounced it wrong for soo long, i thought it was snor-unt) was so cool! He reminds me of Victreebel except for Ash! 10/10 definintly!

Blazikens#1Fan
3rd February 2006, 1:51 AM
:confused: Snorunt... the annoying ice cream cone, without the ice cream:rolleyes: . I thought that Snorunt freezing Ash(Hooray!) and Corphish was funny, but not as funny a SpongeBob!

Silent Conversation
4th February 2006, 4:59 PM
Snorunt is a very cool pokemon and I'm glad Ash caught it, but I have to agree with everybody else: Ash should've caught Snorunt by a battle NOT by befriending it

ハルカ and ゴンベ
6th February 2006, 12:29 AM
Snorunt is a very cool pokemon and I'm glad Ash caught it, but I have to agree with everybody else: Ash should've caught Snorunt by a battle NOT by befriending it
Well he DID technically battle it...>_> It may have been a PATHETIC excuse for a Pokemon Battle But he battled it..or was that pikachuu Iron tail, Quick attack, Thunder + the throwing of a pokeball thing just a dream?

stu770
25th February 2006, 10:13 AM
does anyone know when they are going to start showing advanced battle again in the united kingdom

Torkoal Stu
25th February 2006, 1:31 PM
does anyone know when they are going to start showing advanced battle again in the united kingdom
They show random repeats on Toonami and Cartoon Network, but new episods no clue.

:/

Blizzard
1st April 2006, 7:01 PM
Snowy's voice was weird, but good, and Ash singing the title was priceless!

ChaosMage
2nd April 2006, 10:00 AM
Who else here agrees that Snorunt should have been caught months before?

♥Princess Ketchum♥
2nd April 2006, 10:03 AM
I Loved this episode xD but i felt sorry for ash when he got hurt

10/10

wobbanut
3rd April 2006, 11:35 PM
Who else here agrees that Snorunt should have been caught months before?

Yeah, I know, he should have been introduced earlier on the show and gone longer before he evolved. He was absolutely adorable as a snorunt, and didn't get enough screen time before he evolved. Now he's stuck at Professor Oak's on top of everything else.

I'm afraid of snorunt/glalie being stuck in the same black hole of forgotten pokemon that Shellder, Weepinbell/Victreebel II, and Primeape are in.

ChaosMage
4th April 2006, 10:58 PM
I'm afraid of snorunt/glalie being stuck in the same black hole of forgotten pokemon that Shellder, Weepinbell/Victreebel II, and Primeape are in.

I think Muk, Kingler and Tauros are better examples. Shellder and Weepinbell II were plot devices, and taming Primeape was a character device for Ash. They had no other purpose. Stop wishing they did.

CyberCubed
4th April 2006, 11:01 PM
The writers always remember Ash's Oak Pokemon, so Glalie has as much chance as the other reserves to show up again.

Geodude
6th April 2006, 3:05 AM
That's completely ridiculous, considering the obvious points the others have brought up. Might wanna think things through a little more before posting something that's only going to make people point out the obvious.

wobbanut
6th April 2006, 5:05 PM
Think of it this way: Ask a person who's watched Pokemon from the very beginning to name every pokemon each regular on the show has had, whether for one episode or 200. How many people will list every Ash pokemon except Primeape? How many people will list every Jessie pokemon but omit Shellder? How many people will automatically remember James's magickarp, but forget the second weepinbell/victreebel? Not only that, how many people will even remember he had two weepinbells, since we didn't see victreebel I until after it was evolved?

Ask people in a year if they can name every Hoenn pokemon Ash has had, and see if they even remember snorunt/glalie. That will tell you something.

CyberCubed
6th April 2006, 7:26 PM
They will remember Glalie. The 3 most popular Hoenn Pokemon are Grovyle, Swellow and Corphish...but it's not like people won't remember he has a Torkoal and Glalie too.

People remembered Phanpy, and that thing was barely used back in Johto. They'll remember Glalie.

ChaosMage
7th April 2006, 8:14 AM
Glalie will be remembered because he was such a shock to us all (and I remember not being impressed at first), evolved as a centurian (i.e. a pokemon has now evolved every hundredth episode since "Current Events") during the Grand Festival and went on to dominate the league. Snorunt/Glalie will be remembered for the exact same reason as Kingler.

HoennMaster
7th April 2006, 9:24 PM
I'll remember Glalie as it is one of my favorite pokemon

Ashy Boy
13th July 2006, 1:44 PM
Great episode. I kinda liked Snorunt as it was really cheeky. I really liked when May shot down Team Rocket big time.

Pacman
28th November 2006, 6:14 PM
A OK episode. Snorunt is cool.

Battra
4th January 2007, 10:37 PM
Ah what a great episode to introduce Snorunt and Ash catching his 6th Pokemon. Snorunt is defiantly mischievous Pokemon for Ashes team, infact I do believe this is his first Ice Pokemon that he's had. It was funny at the end when Corphish went to shake Snorunt's hand and got a douse of Icey Wind then a douse of Fire Spin, luckily Nurse Joy was their to heal it. Now that Ashes team is six strong he has a better chance at getting his sixth badge and a better chance in the Hoen League.

Dragodynamite
23rd January 2007, 6:00 PM
Finally that episode was here in norway I have always looking forward to this episode. and I loved it Snorunt was so cute of course my favorite pokemon together with Grumpig and Glalie not being a ground type.

penngrade6
16th April 2007, 2:02 PM
The dub title was really horrible, it gave me nightmares. But I loved the episode. Snorunt was so cute, I loved it's personality.

Wynaut?
16th April 2007, 2:07 PM
Yeah, could've done without Ash singing the title ;) But otherwise an entertaining and enjoyable episode.

csisps_26
18th October 2008, 1:49 PM
Aww... how sweet... Snorunt built an igloo and gave apples to Ash 'cuz Ash saved Snorunt! I like this episode... Snorunt was mischievious and stole his badge case ^^... Poor Corphish, he got frozen(right?!)? ^^

TurtwigFan1
18th October 2008, 2:55 PM
I liked this episode and Glalie will be remembered, I know I do!

Tadashi
20th October 2008, 5:17 AM
This was a pretty decent episode. That Snorunt is pretty funny, chilling Ash out all the time ;D

And he caught a Snorunt... yay! ... Why? XD

HoennMaster
20th October 2008, 7:44 AM
Because Snorunt rocks!

Igottapoo
13th January 2009, 11:13 AM
The dub title was...odd. But it was a good capture and a good episode. That mischeivous little Snorunt. I'm glad Ash finally got another Ice Type.

(s.i.e)
5th March 2009, 2:21 PM
the snorunt was indeed very mischevious but luckely only for fun, good episode i must say that 8/10

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 5:24 PM
I love Snorunt, it's a really cute Pokemon.

It's a shame we never got to see it's full potential.

Littlemyuu
3rd April 2009, 2:46 PM
Snorunt is the best! i love this episode...
snowrunt steal Ash's badges etc ^^

Surfer_Dude
25th October 2009, 8:32 AM
Yay! Ash got snorunt which means glalie! Snorunt is really cool and really mischevious!

Ash-kid
15th December 2009, 8:51 AM
Snorunt was cute, but little mean..

i loved that Ash was friend with it, although Snorunt was mean to him in the start.

Lorde
17th December 2009, 6:32 PM
Yeah, could've done without Ash singing the title ;) But otherwise an entertaining and enjoyable episode.

WHAT?! That was so cool, am I the only one who liked the fact that he sang the title card?

Anyway, it was great. Though why there was snow in a warm region like Hoenn, I'll never know :p

Loved that Ash caught Snorunt, though I wish it wouldn't have evolved. Glalie is ugly. 6/10

DaAuraWolf
1st February 2010, 2:41 PM
I like the Snorunt in this episode.It was also nice to see Ash catch it.Snorunt is one of my favorite Pokemon.

10/10

Willow's Tara
16th May 2010, 10:03 AM
Not a bad episode, I liked that Ash captured Snorunt (And later evolved, I liked Glalie too). TR being ignored lol "I think they have forgotten about us" yes because you are getting tiring.

G50
9th March 2011, 1:38 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing a Snorunt for the 1st time. It was cool that Ash was able to catch the Snowrunt. Snorunt was definitely a very sneaky Pokemon. It was cool seeing Ash and Snorunt becoming friends and being alone together throughout the episode, it definitely gave them a chance to bond.

24/100

Jnmisty
30th January 2012, 9:11 AM
This is one of my favorite episodes in the series. Is it just me or does Ash like getting lost in a snowstorm to find and or rescue a pokemon.
Snow way out: Ash's : Pikachu: Kanto
Chickorita's rescue: chickorita: Johto
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snorunt: snorunt: Hoenn

Snorunt gave the two apples to Ash to eat to regain his strength/ energy.

Vernikova
7th August 2012, 7:20 PM
That Snorunt was pretty badass until it decided to get captured by Ash (and evolving for that matter). Ash overreacting even though he was assured by Joy that Snorunt would give them back to him wasn't funny in the slightest. It was simply annoying.

RealRaymon
7th August 2012, 7:22 PM
That Snorunt was pretty badass until it decided to get captured by Ash (and evolving for that matter). Ash overreacting even though he was assured by Joy that Snorunt would give them back to him wasn't funny in the slightest. It was simply annoying.
It was annoying, but how would you react is you were Ash?)

Vernikova
8th August 2012, 8:42 PM
If I were Ash, or I were in that situation? Because I sure as hell would've listened to the lady who knew about the Pokemon more than I did.

PokemontrainerY
30th September 2013, 7:12 AM
This was a good episode. It's funny when Brock immdiately grabbed the pretty Nurse Joy's hand and began hitting on her, only to get frozen by a wild Snorunt. That Snorunt sure was annoying, I didn't like it when Snorunt stole Ash badges and ran off.
It's funny When May told Team Rocket that nobody likes them and they get depressed. Nice to see May carrying Ash's hat after he got lost, Ash and Snorunt's bonding moments were nice as well. I'm glad Ash caught the Snorunt by battling it, I think it's a good addition to his Hoenn Pokémon team.

The dub title for this episode is lame, 4kids should've came up with a better title that this pun title. Ash singing the title in that voice.... was lame as well.