PDA

View Full Version : Please rate my Pokemon White team

Cking030
24th January 2011, 8:32 AM
Hey! This is my very first post on Serebii Forums, so bear with me if I seem like I'm doing things oddly.

Okay, here's the team that I plan on using in game. I used both the English and Japanese names just in case.

Samurott/Daikenki – Torrent
Aqua Tail/ Waterfall
Megahorn
Aqua Jet
Sword’s Dance

I'll probably replace this guy later on in the game when I get Zekrom or Terrakion, but until then, this set should do quite well. Samurott isn't known for it's amazingly large movepool, so I just put SD in there for tight situations where it might be needed.

Reuniclus/Rankurusu – Magic Guard
Psychic
Psycho Shock
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Reuniclus.......yeah.....this one should hit hard no matter what. I'll probably give him the life orb when I get one. I'm running both Psychic and Psycho shock for the obvious reason that it allows me to do massive damage to pokes with low defense or sp. defense. focus blast is for type coverage, and shadow ball is there for filler, honestly.

Jellicent/Burungeru – Water Absorb
Surf
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Recover

Ah, the ever-bulky water type. I really like this one's type pairing, which allows me to fire off STAB surfs and shadow balls. ice beam is there to take care of grass and (god-forbid) dragons. Recover is there to heal in-battle so as not to waste money buying as many potions.

Galvantula/Denchura – Compoundeyes
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Volt Change
Thunder Wave

Galvantula's ability makes it obvious to run Thunder. BB is there because of it's strong STAB Compatibility. volt change is there in case I need to switch out. Thunder wave is more for filler, but might come in handy when capturing the legendaries, since I don't have a sleeper on my team.

Haxorus/Ononokusu – Mold Breaker
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Haxorus will pretty much be used as a Garchomp clone. although earthquake is no longer STAB, it still hurts tremendously and is needed on my team. brick break takes care of ice if I ever need it to, and SD again is jsut there if it's needed at some point.

Chandelure/Shandera – Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Calm Mind

Chandelure is my fire type because of its awesome strength and typing. while I do already have two other pokemon using Shadow Ball, I still felt it's power made it necessary. Energy ball is for Waters and is there since I don't have a grass type on my team. Calm Mind allows me to power up if needed.

That's it! Let me know what you think.

wearjo
24th January 2011, 8:40 AM
Hey! This is my very first post on Serebii Forums, so bear with me if I seem like I'm doing things oddly.

Okay, here's the team that I plan on using in game. I used both the English and Japanese names just in case.

Samurott/Daikenki – Torrent
Aqua Tail/ Waterfall
Megahorn
Aqua Jet
Sword’s Dance

I'll probably replace this guy later on in the game when I get Zekrom or Terrakion, but until then, this set should do quite well. Samurott isn't known for it's amazingly large movepool, so I just put SD in there for tight situations where it might be needed.

Reuniclus/Rankurusu – Magic Guard
Psychic
Psycho Shock
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Reuniclus.......yeah.....this one should hit hard no matter what. I'll probably give him the life orb when I get one. I'm running both Psychic and Psycho shock for the obvious reason that it allows me to do massive damage to pokes with low defense or sp. defense. focus blast is for type coverage, and shadow ball is there for filler, honestly.

Jellicent/Burungeru – Water Absorb
Surf
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Recover

Ah, the ever-bulky water type. I really like this one's type pairing, which allows me to fire off STAB surfs and shadow balls. ice beam is there to take care of grass and (god-forbid) dragons. Recover is there to heal in-battle so as not to waste money buying as many potions.

Galvantula/Denchura – Compoundeyes
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Volt Change
Thunder Wave

Galvantula's ability makes it obvious to run Thunder. BB is there because of it's strong STAB Compatibility. volt change is there in case I need to switch out. Thunder wave is more for filler, but might come in handy when capturing the legendaries, since I don't have a sleeper on my team.

Haxorus/Ononokusu – Mold Breaker
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Haxorus will pretty much be used as a Garchomp clone. although earthquake is no longer STAB, it still hurts tremendously and is needed on my team. brick break takes care of ice if I ever need it to, and SD again is jsut there if it's needed at some point.

Chandelure/Shandera – Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Calm Mind

Chandelure is my fire type because of its awesome strength and typing. while I do already have two other pokemon using Shadow Ball, I still felt it's power made it necessary. Energy ball is for Waters and is there since I don't have a grass type on my team. Calm Mind allows me to power up if needed.

That's it! Let me know what you think.

I'll only comment on ur Reuniclus because i have to go soon... I think u should replace psychoshock with energy ball so that you have 2 grass type moves in ur team

Cking030
24th January 2011, 9:09 AM
@Wearjo actually, now that I look back at my team, would it maybe be smarter to replace shadow ball, instead? I already have that two other times on my team, and Psycho shock could be needed at some point.

Aurath8
24th January 2011, 7:00 PM
Energy Ball over Thunder Wave on Denchura as Rock and Ground types wall it well and can hit back with SE Rock attacks. Energy Ball takes care of them.

Dragon Dance instead of Ononokusu's Swords Dance. You're not fast enough to pull of an SD set like 'Chomp and SD gives you about 800 attack. Over. Kill. Dragon Dance gives you a still awesome 600ish attack and a load of speed to and makes you a much more effective sweeper.

I think Rankurusu would benefit from Toxic/Thunder Wave over Psychic. Psycho Shock gives you a Pseodo-mixed set to hit special-walls and two other members have Energy Ball already.

I don't see any other faults;it's a good team.

W00t! 1,001 posts!

Cking030
24th January 2011, 7:51 PM
Thanks! those are some great changes. I'll run thunder wave over psychic on reuniclus and energy ball over thunder wave on denchura. And i'll def switch to DD

Zekrio
17th October 2011, 12:22 PM
Oh, and can you decide good moves, items, EVs, and pokemon for me?Here is my team:

Salamence
Item:???
EV:252atk
252spd
6df
Nature:adamant
Characteristics:likes to run
Moves:Brick Break, Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake

Starmie
EV:???
Nature:???
Characteristics:???
Moves:???

Ferrothorn

Volcarona

Gyarados:

Porygon2

Yeah, I know that's a lot of blank but would be appreciated if someone would help. PM me if you have suggestions. Thanks

Shine
17th October 2011, 12:30 PM
First, this is a thread from January.

Second, the rules stated that you must post your team in your own thread :)