PDA

View Full Version : Question About Trading Old Pokémon to B/W

Flyers108
5th February 2011, 8:21 PM
Of course I know that no old Pokémon can be caught in Unova before beating the Elite Four, but can I trade a Dratini Egg from my Japanese version of Black to my English version of White when they come out? Will the game be able to tell that it's not a Gen V Pokémon?

Serebii
5th February 2011, 9:00 PM
Yeah that should be feasible. The game does allow for trading of non-Unova Pokémon to and from other Black & White games prior to receiving the National Dex

Flyers108
5th February 2011, 9:02 PM
Oh really? That's awesome. I assumed that they blocked the actual Pokémon itself so I thought the Egg would work better. Thanks for the answer.

Nightlingbolt
5th February 2011, 10:28 PM
A bit late to the party, but there is a Help Thread at the top of the board.

UStrainer40137
10th February 2011, 9:22 PM
You should be able to. Problems like that only happened in Generation III.

KingMinun
10th February 2011, 9:28 PM
I asked this question before way back when BW came out. And as you can see in my signiture, it'll be great to have old pokemon to explore Unova with. :)

Tyranitar Tyler
14th February 2011, 4:27 AM
sweet that means i can have tranitar and blastiose on my pkmn black team.

i was also wondeing about this

KYUREM
20th February 2011, 3:47 PM
Awesome.
So this means i can have a charizard and an Arcues on white.
Sweeet!

Matthewop
21st February 2011, 7:48 AM
sweet... ^&^

Kenny Pkmn Trainer
23rd February 2011, 5:40 PM
Good to know , Thanks and cheers!

xxDUNE
25th February 2011, 4:14 PM
Didn't want to make a new thread to ask this so..

I know for transferring Pokemon from older games using the transfer stuff in the game you need 2 DS systems. Is there any other way to do this?
I don't have 2 DS's (why would I?) and no close friends have one that I could borrow. I want to transfer the WIN2011 Celebi over to get Zorua, plus all my old ones but it doesn't look like I can which is really disappointing.

blaze boy
25th February 2011, 4:20 PM
you would be better off asking the question here. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467057&page=226)

xxDUNE
25th February 2011, 4:40 PM
K thanks, will do.

Protomanx8
25th February 2011, 4:45 PM
I have a question this might be a stupid one but I was wondering how soon you will be able to trade Pokemon into B/W I am really hoping to lvl a charmander and squirtle as well as one of the new starters for the game.

If any one has any idea that would be great i have been searching the forums but no luck.

Blackbomber72
27th February 2011, 4:06 AM
I have a question this might be a stupid one but I was wondering how soon you will be able to trade Pokemon into B/W I am really hoping to lvl a charmander and squirtle as well as one of the new starters for the game.

If any one has any idea that would be great i have been searching the forums but no luck.

Look what Serebii said:

Yeah that should be feasible. The game does allow for trading of non-Unova Pokémon to and from other Black & White games prior to receiving the National Dex

I like Serebii appearances, it has some kind of magic attached to it

myriada
27th February 2011, 4:29 AM

If any one has any idea that would be great i have been searching the forums but no luck.You can trade between copies of BW immediately after obtaining the first badge and the C-Gear I believe, if you mean to trade Charmander and Squirtle over from DPPtHGSS, you need to have played past the end credits after beating the Elite Four.

IatosHaunted
27th February 2011, 4:38 AM
That should work fine. It worked in D/P/Pt/HG/SS, so why not now?

ManhattanTheStarr
27th February 2011, 5:05 AM
Perfect~ Now I can use a Meditite on my team whenever the third version is released. >:3

Marbi Z
27th February 2011, 8:45 PM

That's good to hear! Espcially when the 3rd version comes out.

Yoshi12
28th February 2011, 5:47 AM
I don't like how you can't transfer the Pokemon holding items or knowing HMs. That kind of sucks for my flying Raichu. I also don't like how I can't transfer Ash's Pikachu with the light ball. I have an idea of how to get one though. If there's a trainer that has a Pikachu, I could try using thief on it. If I'm lucky, it might have a light ball.

luxrayshock
28th February 2011, 8:41 AM
Does anyone know the phrase for the transfer machine in the english game yet?

Sakrey
28th February 2011, 8:52 AM
I don't like how you can't transfer the Pokemon holding items or knowing HMs. That kind of sucks for my flying Raichu. I also don't like how I can't transfer Ash's Pikachu with the light ball. I have an idea of how to get one though. If there's a trainer that has a Pikachu, I could try using thief on it. If I'm lucky, it might have a light ball.

Thief does no longer steal item permanently in BW. You will have to find another way around.

Does anyone know the phrase for the transfer machine in the english game yet?
A hint of what they could be: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12026174&postcount=4585

Tonberry_King
4th March 2011, 1:23 AM
Thief does no longer steal item permanently in BW. You will have to find another way around.[/URL]

That is the single most disappointing thing I've heard about these games (which have almost exclusively been stuff that's awesome).

XD_LOL
5th March 2011, 9:20 AM
Hi, I just used the relocator in Castelia City to transfer my wifi event Entei ... and its name is all in capitals ? I thought anything un-nicknamed/cherish balled would no longer be in capitals .... has this happened to everyone else too

pkmnlover25
5th March 2011, 6:31 PM
Does it have to be an egg?

Skorbycky
5th March 2011, 7:43 PM
Forgive me that I am writing off topic - what pokemon can be caught in Unova after defeating the Elite Four?

PKMNseb
5th March 2011, 10:50 PM
Ok so here is my question.

I pick up a copy of Pokemon White.

I get a Charmander in Heart Gold.

Can I trade the Charmander over to Pokemon White as soon as I get the first badge?

BCVM22
5th March 2011, 10:52 PM
No. What would be the challenge if you could import any Pokémon you wanted from Generation IV as soon as you wanted?

The Poké Transfer isn't available until you get the National 'Dex, post-Elite Four, just like Pal Park.

PKMNseb
5th March 2011, 10:53 PM
No. What would be the challenge if you could import any Pokémon you wanted from Generation IV as soon as you wanted?

The Poké Transfer isn't available until you get the National 'Dex, post-Elite Four, just like Pal Park.

I just want to play through Pokemon White with my favorite pokemon. D:

BCVM22
5th March 2011, 10:57 PM
Your sole option for that would be seeing if there's anyone around here with a Generation IV game and a completed Black/White game who would be willing to take your Charmander in their Generation IV game, import it ahead to their Black/White game and then trade it back to you, which I do believe can be done.

R_N
5th March 2011, 11:00 PM
Your sole option for that would be seeing if there's anyone around here with a Generation IV game and a completed Black/White game who would be willing to take your Charmander in their Generation IV game, import it ahead to their Black/White game and then trade it back to you, which I do believe can be done.

Talk about a march through time

*ba dum pish*

TotallySnivy
6th March 2011, 1:22 AM
So I Can't Ash's Pikachu?
I'll never get to the Elite 4 :(
But Why NOT PIKACHU!He's in every region.
and I wish I could use Pidgey because I think Pidove is Ugly :[

Lady_Isabelle
7th March 2011, 5:11 PM
Hello everyone!

I have a question that maybe has been answerd already. If you have two Nintendo DS, and the games pokemon Black and pokemon Soul silver, can you trade pokemon between them in the pokecenter?

I usually play with action replay codes, but with pokemon Black and White, this is not possible, for whatever reason it may be...

So I was now planning on borroing a Nintendo DS from someone els, catch some cool pokemon with my pokemon soul silver on it using those codes, and then trade these pokemon with pokemon black on my own nintendo. I know of palpark and so, but I was wondering if I could be able to trade in the beginning of the game (at the pokecenter).

So my question is, could this be possible? I remember someting of this, and than the number of your pokemon is ??? untill you get the national dex...

Many thanks for an answer!! Greetings and lots of fun playing!

BCVM22
8th March 2011, 12:33 AM
I have a question that maybe has been answerd already.

Countless times.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/poketransfer.shtml

Lady_Isabelle
8th March 2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, that`s exactly what I`m not talking about. I know about poketransfer and pal park. But transfering your pokemon when you have already completed the game, what is the point of that? I want to know if it is possible in the early start of the game, via the pokemoncenter trade with other trainers.

D.A.Shark92
8th March 2011, 3:52 PM
Ok people I have question thats in desperate need of answering!! I missed the celebi at my local Gamestop :( However I performed a trade with Someone last night who told he had gotten 2 of the Event Celebi(He has both Diamond & HeartGold). I gave him my lv. 70 Celebi for his lv.50 event celebi however when I got it I noticed there was a difference its 2nd page says this:
"Lonely Nature
Mar. 7,2011
Fullmoon Island
Egg Obtained
Mar. 7, 2011
Mystery Zone
Egg apparently hatched.
Fateful Encounter
Somewhat Vain" What does this mean? Does it mean the Celebi he sent will not be able to unlock Zorua when I transfer it to Black & White??:(

Gligari
8th March 2011, 4:00 PM
Ok people I have question thats in desperate need of answering!! I missed the celebi at my local Gamestop :( However I performed a trade with Someone last night who told he had gotten 2 of the Event Celebi(He has both Diamond & HeartGold). I gave him my lv. 70 Celebi for his lv.50 event celebi however when I got it I noticed there was a difference its 2nd page says this:
"Lonely Nature
Mar. 7,2011
Fullmoon Island
Egg Obtained
Mar. 7, 2011
Mystery Zone
Egg apparently hatched.
Fateful Encounter
Somewhat Vain" What does this mean? Does it mean the Celebi he sent will not be able to unlock Zorua when I transfer it to Black & White??:(
Thats dirrent than what mine said. It seams all that happened was you lost out on your own lv 70 celebi. that person screwed you and well you cant get the event pokemon unless you went to the event.

D.A.Shark92
8th March 2011, 4:05 PM
Thats dirrent than what mine said. It seams all that happened was you lost out on your own lv 70 celebi. that person screwed you and well you cant get the event pokemon unless you went to the event.

Noooooooooo:'''''''''''''''''(((((((((

Lady_Isabelle
8th March 2011, 4:13 PM
Can I ask you how you made the trade? Was it via a pokemoncenter? Does that mean you can trade via the pokemoncenter between Soul silver and pokemon Black??

D.A.Shark92
8th March 2011, 4:15 PM
Can I ask you how you made the trade? Was it via a pokemoncenter? Does that mean you can trade via the pokemoncenter between Soul silver and pokemon Black??

No it was between his copy of HeartGold & My copy of diamond we both haven't gotten B & W yet

paddylad
8th March 2011, 4:16 PM

No you can't. You can either use the Poke Shift or a special feature called the Relocator.

The Relocator is unlockable in Castelia City and enables you to transfer the 3 shiny beasts and the most recent event Celebi from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver to your Pokemon Black/White game. It does not work with any other Pokemon.

DarthUr
8th March 2011, 6:34 PM
the relocator sucks
i just wanted to trade one beast over.
because that's all you can use
it sucked all 5 over

FerreTrip
8th March 2011, 8:59 PM
Plus, I gave them some items to hold, and it said that they'd go in my bag, right? Well, I gave one of 'em a TM for Dig. Nope, don't got it. Or at least I dunno where it went.

Edit: I think they meant they'll go back to the bag in the game they're coming from.

GabrielLongNeck
9th March 2011, 2:23 AM
Im looking for someone to trade with! I have a numel I want to use in my Pokemon Black game. I am looking for someone who has beat the game and is able to use the transfer machine.

My Plan: http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/a...Numelsmall.png

Anyone willing to help? It would make my day.

BCVM22
9th March 2011, 3:44 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220

You also posted the URL of "your plan" incorrectly.

BlazikenBlitz
9th March 2011, 4:44 AM
Are you able to get pokemon from the Gen. 3 games onto Pokemon Black in any way?
(Counting that I haven't beat the game on d/p/pt/hg/ss)

BCVM22
9th March 2011, 5:55 AM
By using Generation IV as the intermediary.

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/palpark.shtml
http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/palpark.shtml

ehero1316
19th May 2011, 5:23 PM
Question...I have a raichu and pikachu that know surf..can i get them over to Black or White with the move intact?