PDA

View Full Version : White or Black? (and Why?)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Grei
10th February 2011, 1:48 AM
Alright, so I'm sure many of you have your minds set on one specific version of the new Pokemon games, Pokemon White and Pokemon Black. I'm also sure that many of you, like myself, are torn on which version to get, and are weighing the merits of either version.

So, here's the thread to discuss it! Vote in the poll: Will you choose White? Will you choose Black? Are you going to skip the choosing process and just get both, or are you going to abstain from purchasing these games, instead opting for an anticipated 3rd installment?

After voting, be sure to post saying what you chose! These posts must be more than a simple one-word response. Nobody wants to read that!

Elaborate!! Say why you're picking Black, or why you like White more. There are plenty of reasons--exclusive Pokemon, cover legendary, battles, locations...

To start off the thread, I'm undecided! I'm leaning more towards Black at the moment. Rotation Battles sound cooler to me than Triple Battles, and I like the high-tech locations more than the natural ones.

EDIT: Since people seem to be confusing this rather regularly...

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to WHITE:

Zekrom
Rufflet, Braviary
Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus
Petilil, Lilligant
Thundurus (blue genie, Electric/Flying)

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to BLACK:

Reshiram
Vullaby, Mandibuzz
Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle
Cottonee, Whimsicott
Tornadus (green genie, Pure Flying)

Pokemon that are NOT version-exclusive:

Tirtouga, Carracosta (the sea turtle)
Archeos, Archetops (the fossil bird)
Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede (the centipede line)
Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny (the silkworm)
Golett, Golurk (the clay doll-robot things)
Pawniard, Bisharp (the Power Rangers)

None of those last six Pokemon are version-exclusive, contrary to popular belief. Only three lines are version-exclusive per game, with two version-exclusive Legendaries as well.

Not that anyone reads the first post anymore, but I figured this should be here.

bleeding-chocobo
10th February 2011, 2:11 AM
I can't decide. I'm leaning towards Black atm, just b/c it has Rotation Battles, Black City and (my favorite) Reshiram. ^^ I love that new Pokemon.

However, if I get White Version, I get access to White Forest, and some really nice version exclusives. But, I figure I can always trade with someone if I want a Pokemon that isn't in my version.

I've still got time to decide, but like I said, leaning towards Black. :]

rocky505
10th February 2011, 2:15 AM
White, because I got Black back in September and most of my planned team is only on White. I will be buying my fixing to be 7 year old Nephew Black for his birthday though. I am also choosing white so I can finally complete me Unova dex without trading over Wi-Fi and GTS.

Cobalt_Latios
10th February 2011, 2:21 AM
White, because of Zekrom. Initially, I had thought Black had Zekrom, but seeing as it's the opposite, I voted for it. And, well, White has Iris as the gym leader in Soryuu city (sorry, I don't remember the English name at this time). And White Forest sounds like it has a lot of Pokemon to choose from.

Normally, I'd be concerned with version exclusives, but seeing as that in itself is mildly rectified with the GTS anyways, I ain't too worried.

Other than that, that's my reasoning.

/CL

Porgon-XYZ
10th February 2011, 2:22 AM
White because I like Zekrom for his looks and typing and there are a few pokemon exclusivly on white that I like better than white.

Dr. Leggs
10th February 2011, 2:38 AM
White, for the version exclusives ('specially Paras/ect, Solosis line and Zekrom) and the White Forest will help me more in fulfilling my Pokedex. I hope to pick up Black at some point though, because the atmosphere and Rotation Battles are really appealing.

Missingno.Fan
10th February 2011, 2:38 AM
I am going to get Black. I greatly prefer Reshiram over Zekrom. I am thinking about getting White once I beat Black.

MegaUnlimited
10th February 2011, 2:39 AM
I'm getting White, primarily because of Zekrom. Paralysis is worth more to me than burn, electric type covers more typically used opponents than fire (for me at least), and any Pokemon who can't learn Thunder to support the Kyogre on my uber team, gets a stern look and a thumbs down. Any other version exclusives should be easy enough to trade for via GTS, but it's the legendary that'll be tough, so 90% of my decision is based on that.

Lorde
10th February 2011, 2:40 AM
I'm going to be getting Black version, but mostly because I already have the Japanese White version. I do like some of the version exclusive Pokemon that are found in Black version (like Gochiruzeru's line and Reshiram), but I'm not too happy about the others. I think I'll enjoy Black City a bit more since you can apparently battle more trainers there. Pokemon Black's version of Souryuu City also seems to have cooler music, so maybe I'll enjoy that as well.

Kirbx
10th February 2011, 2:46 AM
Black because everyone else wants white because of the black thing and I like to be different. Also it has like this dark town with "Black Town" sounds a lot more interesting then eco freindly "white town."

Dattebayo
10th February 2011, 2:54 AM
I'm getting both copies for the bonuses if you've pre-ordered them, which I did.

AzukanAsimbu
10th February 2011, 3:00 AM
Zekrom. and what are the bonuses for preordering

GalladeX
10th February 2011, 3:00 AM
White, for two three reasons.

1) Colour. White is my favourite colour. It just seems very prestine and sterile, which I like.

2) ZEKROM! An awesome, sleek design, coupled with a cool typing, coupled with a badass name, paired with a general badass feel. In comparison, Reshiram feels overly angelic and awkward.

3) Iris. :3

Ivix_Kuroshu
10th February 2011, 3:14 AM
Black. Reshiram is awesome and Black City looks pretty cool. I'll definitely be getting White at some point, though.

Yellow Aura
10th February 2011, 3:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with White, because I like the legendary Black Pokemon thing more than the other, and a few of the version exclusives to
White are some of my new favorites and will probably become part of my White team. But it was not an entirely easy choice. I do like the city locations in Black more than the forests in White. After 15 years, I think we've all seen enough forests. But still, I'm picking White.

BLUE-MEW
10th February 2011, 3:40 AM
why no both option??? that wa u can get both legends and all exclusives

MetalFlygon08
10th February 2011, 3:44 AM
White...

I like white's last gym city, as well as Rufflet and Solosis.

Sammekins
10th February 2011, 3:53 AM
White for the sea turtle.

Juputoru
10th February 2011, 3:59 AM
I'm getting both, because...
1)I have the money for them, so why not?
2)The only gen where I haven't gotten all three main games was Gen 3.
3)White was goddamned awesome when I played through it in Japanese, so I won't mind playing through the same game twice more(with some alterations in the case of Black), only in a language I can actually understand!
4)There are version exclusives I like in each one. White has WARGLE **** YEAH, Black has the goth chick line, and I like both Reshiram and Zekrom, so...
5)Black City will be awesome since I can actually buy most of the evo stones(why is this not a standard feature by now?). White Forest...uh...er...well, the rest of White is still fun!

Dr. Leggs
10th February 2011, 4:04 AM

Archen and Tirtouga are not version exclusives.

AscendingFire
10th February 2011, 4:09 AM
I'll be getting White for the following reasons:

1. Zekrom - Possibly the beastliest Pokemon ever.
2. Braviary - Another one of the beastliest Pokemon ever.
3. Reuniclus - Love it, it's just so cool. That's why I'll be using one on my main team.
4. White Forest - Packed with some pretty good Pokemon, including Ralts, which evolves into one of my favorite Pokemon: Gallade.

Pansy :]
10th February 2011, 4:10 AM
Am i the only person that is going to wait until the third installment?!?!?!? it will probably be out within a year and a half, and then theres no worrying over version exclusives.

Pikawho?
10th February 2011, 4:17 AM
^A friend of mine is waiting for game 3 to come out as well. You're not alone. lol

Anyways, I'm getting Black. The deciding factor was the main legendary. That thing looks so cool. That's really the only basis for choosing this version. Fortunately, my friend who usually picks the opposite version, would rather have White so things work out yet again this time around.

Dr. Leggs
10th February 2011, 4:31 AM
Am i the only person that is going to wait until the third installment?!?!?!? it will probably be out within a year and a half, and then theres no worrying over version exclusives.

Third versions always have their own version exclusives.

10th February 2011, 4:39 AM
Third versions always have their own version exclusives.

Yes, but they also tend to have factors from both games in them... ie. palkia and dialga in platinum, and groudon and kyogre in emerald.

No. 1 Machop Fan
10th February 2011, 4:40 AM
I'm getting White because it has 2 exclusive Pokemon that I like: Reuniclus and (more importantly :p) Machop.

Serperior is King
10th February 2011, 4:43 AM
Im going for White version purely on the fact it has Braviary, Reuniclus and Zekrom, as well as Iris being the final gym leader :)

Dr. Leggs
10th February 2011, 4:47 AM
Yes, but they also tend to have factors from both games in them... ie. palkia and dialga in platinum, and groudon and kyogre in emerald.

While omitting various other Pokemon.

Is it really worth waiting eighteen months or possibly more just to have the two box legendaries...?

pokeotaku
10th February 2011, 4:55 AM
I'm buying both games since I collect all the versions, but Black will be my main game. I'm gonna choose Oshawott, so I assume Reshiram will be easier to fight and such with a water starter so I won't need to use a master ball. =P Also, I think Reshiram is cooler since it's like "the first wyvern pokemon" and such. x)

luxrayshock
10th February 2011, 5:03 AM
I'll be buying white for a few reasons. zekrom is one, i like it better than reshiram, and the version exclusives are cooler (in my opinion) than those of black. I find braviary better than mandibuzz

kogawolfman
10th February 2011, 5:03 AM
I'm getting White Version because I like almost all the version exclusives better than those on Black. I like Reshiram better than Zekrom, but oh well. Plus, I'm a hippy, so I like the White Forest and appearance of the last gym-city better.

benwsf
10th February 2011, 5:09 AM
I'm getting Black for Whimsicott.

Tyrannotaur
10th February 2011, 5:12 AM
I am getting both as per usual, but originally Black was going to be my main version. However after some reasearch I decided that White would be my main version. This is mainly because of version exclusives. Braviary is a pokemon I wanted to use since I first saw it. Reuniclus and Zekrom as well are pokemon I am interested in. White forest too appeals to me more so than Black city.
I prefer Drayden over Iris personally. Drayden just seems like a more satisfying opponent to me, probably why Ill use my Black for youtube videos, so theres another reason to use White as my main game.

-;248;

pokeotaku
10th February 2011, 5:13 AM
I agree. Torterra's are awesome. x)

Noir Lait
10th February 2011, 5:14 AM
I'm getting White because my very vocal little sister fell in love with Reshiram and refuses to get White instead. I'm okay with getting White, since I like the version exclusives better. I'll miss Black City and Reshiram, but I can always get him in the third version (and look over my sister's shoulder for the version differences).

Chimchar15
10th February 2011, 5:43 AM
It's all about Black version to me. As Grei said high tech places are more appealing to me especially since a lot of locations and cities were more natural. Also I think Drayden is a lot cooler than Iris and of course Reshiram. I have been waiting for a Fire/Dragon type combo since gen 1. Also Black City and Opelucid City in Pokemon Black look amazing. All in all I'm glad that I pre-ordered Black version.

10th February 2011, 5:44 AM
While omitting various other Pokemon.

Is it really worth waiting eighteen months or possibly more just to have the two box legendaries...?

well, when your being paid less then five dollers a month from your parents, as they don't like to pay you much for baby sitting, so your forced to pretty much get one or the other... yes, it is.

Kur0nue
10th February 2011, 5:49 AM
White has better version exclusives including Zekrom, Wargle and Uniran. Plus, Black City isn't all that great.

EarthKeeper
10th February 2011, 5:53 AM
white for the simple fact of (sorry i have no names) the legendary pokemon obtainable on the box. that and white forrest xD

Chimchar15
10th February 2011, 6:22 AM
I am getting both as per usual, but originally Black was going to be my main version. However after some reasearch I decided that White would be my main version. This is mainly because of version exclusives. Braviary is a pokemon I wanted to use since I first saw it. Reuniclus and Zekrom as well are pokemon I am interested in. White forest too appeals to me more so than Black city.
I prefer Drayden over Iris personally. Drayden just seems like a more satisfying opponent to me, probably why Ill use my Black for youtube videos, so theres another reason to use White as my main game.

-;248;

Just so you know Drayden is the 8th gym leader of Pokemon Black while Iris is the 8th leader in White.

KuroiMawile
10th February 2011, 6:36 AM
I can't really decide, but I'm leaning more to white for White Forest and Reuniclus. I would've chosen black for Mandibuzz and Whismicott, but in-game trade for a pretty good Erufuun and my cousin's getting Black.

I honestly don't use legendaries enough to be the deciding factor. (though pure flying is a good draw)

The Oncoming Storm
10th February 2011, 6:40 AM
Both so I can have one to restart when I get bored. I also can afford em'. I won't be restarting white because it'll have my amazing team.

AmpharosFanatic
10th February 2011, 6:54 AM
Let me begin by saying that I look forward to getting the game on March 6 and that this will be my first day one Pokemon game buy since I got both Gold and Silver the day that they came out! Also, I know very little about either of these games specifically.

With that said, I plan on getting Black Version for one simple reason: Reshiram

After looking at the version exclusives I actually like the looks/designs of the pokemon exclusive to White Version over Black....except Zekrom. I mean Zekrom looks okay to me, but it doesn't even look alive, it looks like a robot. Which is okay, but Reshiram looks like a powerful legendary beast!!!

Also, it sounds like Black City has more trainers while White Forest has more pokemon if I'm correct and I'd prefer battling the trainers to make my team more powerful. I can always trade for the pokemon I still need anyway, including Zekrom.

Sponge
10th February 2011, 7:06 AM
I'm getting Pokemon White, it has most things I prefer. Zekrom, exclusive pokemon, natural locations and also I can catch more pokemon in White Forest.

Plus it has Reuniclus and it's going to be in my team :3

Wanizaru
10th February 2011, 7:23 AM
I'm gonna get Black mostly for Reshiram, but I also like the hightech places and rotation battles.

Altaria Mist
10th February 2011, 7:31 AM
White for White Forest (Pokedex over PokeMart), Reuniclus, Liligant and the guaranteed Modest Cottonee that you get in a trade, Blue Basculin, and Braviary, plus the aesthetic designs suit me better. I like Reshiram more than Zekrom but I still prefer White.

Dragard
10th February 2011, 7:35 AM
I'm going with Black Version because Black is my favorite color. Exclusives can be obtained via trade, so that doesn't bother me at all.

KKInu
10th February 2011, 8:45 AM
I'm getting both (as well as the third version, up until gen IV I always got every game, and this time I'm getting back to my old habits), but I'm having difficulties with deciding which one I want for my main game. I like Reshiram more than Zekrom, but other than that, I like White's exclusive's more. I also am more of a nature lover than a technology lover, so White would suit me better, but Black has Black city, which has all those tough trainers that I can battle, and I'm lazy when it comes to leveling up -_-'..... Hmmm..... I DON'T KNOWWW!!!!

skittle 286
10th February 2011, 9:14 AM
i like white better because the pokemon you find in it is much better!

~ Z ~
10th February 2011, 9:25 AM
I was going to be one of the cool kids and get Black, but now I'm planning on to get White, because:
- Access to Rufflet and Braviary
- IG battles end sometime anyway, so I'm more happy to find more cathable things
- White forest looks cooler in my taste and seems to have...something more
- You can get pretty much same items in white forest too, but FREE
- Bagon, Trapinch, Seedot, Lotad, Slakoth, etc. etc.
- N deserves the Dragon/Fire type
- More historical look is better with me, than the all modern lookish places

SoulSilverMstr411
10th February 2011, 10:37 AM
White. Purley for Mightyena, Reuniclus, Braviary and Zekrom. This is the first time I've felt that the "Second version's" exclusives are better or at least on-par with those in the "First version".

Aqua Ring
10th February 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm going to get Black because I like the version exclusives more, especially Gothitelle and Whimsicott. I'll miss Braviary, but my friend is getting White so we can trade.

tmega90
10th February 2011, 11:21 AM
I am choosing White Version. I want White Version because Zekrom is my favorite out of the two Dragons. I am also choosing it because I like the version exclusive Pokemon, I want to battle Iris and because I want to go to the White Forest. One more reason I am getting White is because my brother is getting Black and we always get opposite versions.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
10th February 2011, 2:20 PM
White. I like white better since it has better Unova exclusives. Lilligant, Reuniclus, and Wargle are all better than their counterparts imo. Also I am going to use Lilligant and it's not my fancy to use traded pokemon.

Endless
10th February 2011, 2:40 PM
White, 4 reasons:
1. Zekrom, Braviary, Reuniculus and Thundurus is cooler than their counterparts.
2. I like tha abillity to catch pokemon in White Forreset. I can get EXp, other ways.
3. I like the natural feeling.
4. My two other pokemon playing friends are getting Black.

The only thing I do not like is Iris, Drayden looks alot more badass

StrongBad456
10th February 2011, 2:56 PM
Well I imported White when the games first came out in Japan and after I finished with it, I imported Black too but I never got past the 2nd Gym. I was gonna go with White first when the American version comes out but since I never got Reshiram and other version exclusive Pokemon from Black, I'm gonna go with that version when they come to America.

Mister_SGG
10th February 2011, 2:57 PM
White is like, pro. Better Legendary,
better exclusives, and White Forest
is ownage.

Ultimate Glalie
10th February 2011, 4:21 PM
Although I prefer Reshiram to Zekrom, I like every one of the other White exclusives more than their Black counterparts. So I voted for White.

Zalman
10th February 2011, 4:22 PM
Black, because I prefer high-tech places.

wolf king
10th February 2011, 4:24 PM
i voted the wrong one somehow :p :o :o
im getting white ,because i prefer the version exclusives for it ,but i might wait for the 3rd installment instead ,i can't decide yet :)

alfredo3001
10th February 2011, 4:30 PM
White,Because my cousin told me that Zekrom was an angel send to protect earth from reshiram.And who doesn´t love Lighting strike?

Xman96
10th February 2011, 4:47 PM
I am getting both. Originally I was just going to get Black, but decided that I wanted to have a game that I could replay over and over again without having to lose all of my awesome pokemon. I like Black because of Reshiram and because of the tech theme. However, I really like all of White's exclusives, so I am torn on which one to have as my main. I am leaning toward Black because of Black City.

Nibbles4Ever
10th February 2011, 5:04 PM
I voted for Black because thats the version I'm going to play first but I'm buying both versions. I can say however that I'm playing Black first because I like Reshiram more and love monmen's( don't know it's english name) evolution more as well.

ShinyVaati
10th February 2011, 5:08 PM
I'm getting Black because I really want Reshiram, I like it a whole lot more than Zekrom. Only thing that's killing me about this is that all the other version exclusives I like are in White (Reuniclus, Braviary, ect). My friend is getting White, so I just trade with him though.

I also like the look of Black City over White Forest, so I'm excited to see that with my own game.

Aurath8
10th February 2011, 5:16 PM
I prefer White because:
-I havent seen the epic 3D cutscenes should you be playing White yet.
-I'd love to be able to find wild Porygon, Togepi, Trapinch, Bagon and Happiny.
-White exclusives are all better except Shroomish in Black.
-Apparently you can find evo stones in White Forest.
-I also dont need infinite evo stones.
-Elite 4 rematches and Nimbassa Sports domes>Black City trainers for exp. points.
-I live somewhere between suburban and urban lifestyles. White's rural feel will be a welcome change.
-Triples>Rotation battles.
-I should be able to do most things I missed in Black in the third game anyway.

Tyrannotaur
10th February 2011, 5:18 PM
Just so you know Drayden is the 8th gym leader of Pokemon Black while Iris is the 8th leader in White.

Yeah I know. I said I was making white my main game (the game I don't restart ever) because Drayden is a cooler leader and thus I'd rather battle him for my Youtube videos and then again when I restart that game.

-;248;

The Eleventh
10th February 2011, 5:19 PM
I'll be choosing Pokémon White, because I prefer Zekrom. That's about it really, as I don't care so much about the version-exclusive places.

Poke_Mania97
10th February 2011, 5:22 PM
i like both.

Dr. Leggs
10th February 2011, 5:50 PM
White,Because my cousin told me that Zekrom was an angel send to protect earth from reshiram.

Well, that isn't true.

abraxas
10th February 2011, 5:56 PM
Pre-ordered both version, but I'm pretty set on going with Black, and there's no real reason for it. =\

megaman12
10th February 2011, 5:56 PM
I'm getting white because of zekrom and the other cool version exclusive pokes.

Kurloz Makara
10th February 2011, 6:53 PM
I'm getting Black first, 'cause I like the Goth line and you get to fight Drayden in Black, right? Then maybe sometime after my birthday I'll get White 'cause I also like Braviary and I also like White Forest. :D

SHIFTER01
10th February 2011, 6:56 PM
going with white here. Lilligant is just amazing, Zekrom is far cooler, and white forest seems overall more useful to me.

;136; Dude

alfredo3001
10th February 2011, 7:01 PM
Well, that isn't true.
And?If I want to belive it I will.When i catch it,His will be Angel.

Toge Tamer
10th February 2011, 7:33 PM
I'm getting Black. I imported White, so. :V

SneaselClaw
10th February 2011, 7:34 PM
I'm getting White first, mostly for Zekrom and the other exclusive Pokemon. But I've always preferred the natural elements in Pokemon, rather than Industrial. So can't wait to go to White Forest.

I'll probably pick up Black at some point later though

Nightlingbolt
10th February 2011, 7:43 PM
I was originally going to get White alone (that doesn't sound wrong at all) because I wanted a Lilligant, but then I got back into Random Doom (Pokemon comic series on deviantArt), which caused a Seismitoad character to form in my mind, which would totally conflict with the Lilligant. I still plan on playing White first, but I added Black to my pre-order so I could trade over a female of the starter I didn't pick (Tepig or Oshawott) for breeding purposes come the post-game, then playing Black as the girl and starting with Snivy.

Yummy_boi
10th February 2011, 8:34 PM
I'm getting White, but only because I HAVE to battle Iris. Everything else is irrelevant. Although, I really would prefer Baruchai and the Goth Line AND the Black City, but whatever. I'll forfeit it all for Iris !

SoulSilverMstr411
10th February 2011, 8:48 PM
Those of you planning to get the third version should concider the follwing. If it's anything like Emerald and Platinum... IT MAY NOT BE OUT FOR ANOTHER TWO YEARS!

Can you wait that long to experiance Gen V? 'Cos I sure can't!

SharpedoSteve
10th February 2011, 9:17 PM
I will be getting both like all ways, but i prefer White due to the exclusives (bar Whimsicott) so White will be my main version.

deoxysdude94
10th February 2011, 9:23 PM
I'm gonna get both, but my main game will be black. I like the more futuristic aspects of it. I will use white to get the other starters, and the pokemon not available in black. I will work on completing the national dex after the elite 4. I've finished it in soul silver, so I must finish it in black now.

Ghost Dialga
10th February 2011, 9:27 PM
I am going to get Black. Bit of a challenge deciding that too. White has all the exclusives I want; Zekrom, Braviary, and Thundurus. But I really prefer Black over White when it comes to color. I'd also much rather have Black City over White Forest, I always have a hard time finding people to Battle.

SmartD
10th February 2011, 9:31 PM
I'm getting Pokemon White because it has Zekrom. I like Zekrom because it looks more like a Dinosaur/Dragon than Reshiram. Also it has Braviary and I'm planning to use it on my team.

lucario beast
10th February 2011, 9:34 PM
i like white more for zekrom but im buying both

Sharpedo_14
10th February 2011, 9:44 PM
I will be getting White mostly for the version exclusives. Zekrom may just be my new favorite pokemon and Braviary is also pretty sweet. Plus I like the idea behind White Forest.

The Head Honchkrow
10th February 2011, 9:52 PM
I'll be getting White at first 'cause Zekrom and Reuniclus are better blahblahblah, but I'll get Black eventually anyway.

~The Head Honchkrow~

DaAuraWolf
10th February 2011, 9:57 PM
I`ll be getting both of the games but will lean toward White version to be play-throughed first.The main reason for this is that I like Zekrom and the fact that I always go through the second one of the pair versions since I first got Sapphire.The other lesser reason is that I want to have the chance to fight against both gym leaders in the Best Wishes series that are Ash`s travel buds.

bulber
10th February 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm picking White when it comes out and naming the protagonist (guy) Blake, meaning dark.

Then I'll ask/hint/accedentally drop pictures from magazines on friend's feet/beg for Black come time for my birthday and Christmas. I'll have a girl named Alba (Latin for white)

Randomness
10th February 2011, 10:32 PM
I've been trying to decide for some time now. I want black cuz I like Reshiram for some reason, and black is a cool colour. It also has black city and trainers to battle.
I want white because I like the colour itself better, and white forest seems pretty cool. Zekrom is also electric+dragon, my two fav types. AAARGH

Shadow XD001
10th February 2011, 10:37 PM
I'm getting Black. My brother is getting White, so I have Version-Exclusives, and whatnot covered, and I just like Black overall, but still I have exclusives covered (even though White would technically be my brothers)

Torrentr
10th February 2011, 10:48 PM
I'm getting White this time around, as I'd imported a Japanese copy of Black in October. The guaranteed battles in Black City are nice, but I'd rather have the ability to catch various Pokemon in White Forest. Besides, Nimbassa (Raimon) City has plenty of daily battles in its sports domes.

Besides, White has more version exclusives that appeal to me--Petilil, Braviary, Reuniclus--and I had more fun with triple battles than rotation.

Neo781
11th February 2011, 12:10 AM
I'm getting Black because my cousin and I always have the opposite ones. He always gets the one with coolest looking Pokemon on the cover.

I like Black City better b/c I prefer more battles than more pokemon
Reshiram reminds me of a heavenly dragon which I prefer over the more demon like dragon in Zekrom.
I think that Drayden is more of a Gym Leader than Iris.
I don't have to worry about version exclusives.

Aquarelle
11th February 2011, 12:23 AM
I will get White in English, since I already have Japanese Black and I like to own one of every main game.

CaptainBrain
11th February 2011, 12:26 AM
I will be getting White. I always get the secondary game in each set (starting with Sapphire). I've always liked the secondary game better for some reason. No real reason other than that. My younger brother will be getting Black.

Excadrill
11th February 2011, 12:33 AM
White. I don't care about legends, but Gothitelle and Whimsicott don't have as much appeal as Reuniclus and Lilligant. I also care more about obtaining pokemon than battling CPUs.

Tyranitar Tyler
11th February 2011, 12:40 AM
I couldnt decide till i was at eb games pre ordering it... i changed my mind and the owner of eb kinda giggled that i was having trouble deciding, but i whent with POKEMON WHITE because the spirit for whatever that new black pokemon is looks better (IMO) then the new white pokemon.

Adeku
11th February 2011, 12:57 AM
I had enough money so I went ahead and preordered both Pokemon Black and White. :D

Aggron459
11th February 2011, 12:59 AM
I like the pokemon in White more, but for some reason, I wanna play Black first.

PokemonMaster113
11th February 2011, 1:04 AM
Im getting both black and white

Ausgirl
11th February 2011, 1:08 AM
I like Resharim the best so I'm gonna get Pokemon Black.

vipsoccermaster
11th February 2011, 1:08 AM
I would want to pre-order both, but I'll have to see about that. However, I'm leaning towards White for exclusives and stuff. I personally prefer White over Black.

The Oncoming Storm
11th February 2011, 1:46 AM
Why is white considered the second one in this gen. I think its first I mean zek is in the pokedex before resh.

ShinyVaati
11th February 2011, 2:45 AM
Why is white considered the second one in this gen. I think its first I mean zek is in the pokedex before resh.

No it's not... Reshiram is #643 (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/643.shtml), Zekrom is #644 (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/644.shtml).

7420Cola
11th February 2011, 2:46 AM
Reshiram looks like a beast

The Oncoming Storm
11th February 2011, 5:34 AM
Dang I havent looked in four months. I should've checked.

Mighty Arceus493
11th February 2011, 9:18 AM
lol. So many people are getting White because Zekrom looks better.

DracoMaster121
11th February 2011, 10:04 AM
White because I want a Braviary.

Sir DJ
11th February 2011, 10:18 AM
Getting black, not because of the pokémon (cause i'll just trade for the others), but solely because i like black city more

s2daam
11th February 2011, 10:20 AM
I'm gonna be buying both.. but I will probably buy White first...then Black a few weeks/months later :D

Zhanton
11th February 2011, 11:21 AM
White, for many reasons:
-White Forest
-My brother and I always get one of each pair, eg I got Diamond, he got Pearl. As soon as the games were revealed I decided to get White and he Black.

However, I prefer Reshiram over Zekrom and Gothitelle over Reuniclus. Doredia and Erufuun are both favourites anyway :]

But yeah. I'm getting White. I seriously hate Zekrom.

Kairuleon
11th February 2011, 1:16 PM
I am getting white version. It has nothing to do with preferance.

My little Bro's birthday is on March the 5th, Black and White is released here on the 4th, so I told my Bro as its so close to his birthday he can pick which version he wants and ill get the other. He chose Black so I am getting White.

ZgonDuck
11th February 2011, 2:09 PM
I'll wait on the 3rd Version, since I know it'll have Black City, White Forest, Gray Cinderblock, a Battle Frontier, a ton of Move Tutors and other crap they purposely withheld from Black and White.

dinnydevil
11th February 2011, 2:18 PM
Still can't pick between the two, might swing for White 'cause of how awesome Zekrom looks in battle when it starts flashing blue. There again I can still see that on Black when I battle N...

o_0
11th February 2011, 2:34 PM
Why do so many people like Zekrom over Reshiram? I think Zekrom is a little ugly and over-hyped to be honest. I find Reshiram more elegant and mystical looking. White does have the better wild version exclusive Pokemon. Mandibuzz' battle sprite is also very ugly. I don't mind Gothitelle, though. Overall, it's Reshiram that makes me want to buy Black more than White. And I don't even use legendary Pokemon competitively.

dinnydevil
11th February 2011, 2:39 PM
Why do so many people like Zekrom over Reshiram? I think Zekrom is a little ugly and over-hyped to be honest. I find Reshiram more elegant and mystical looking.

Probably just cause it looks dark and evil (like it's meant to) and it appeals to more people. I like Reshiram too don't get me wrong with it's regal look. One thing that puts me off though is it's wing-like arms.

SasakiThePikachu
11th February 2011, 2:53 PM
I'm going to get all of them eventually, because I always do, but I'm getting Black first because it has Gothitelle and Mandibuzz native, and apart from simply liking them better than Reuniclus and Braviary, I always tend to prefer the girly pokes -^^-

And Reshiram is so much cooler than Zekrom.

I am however in LOVE with Lilygant, so yeah...getting White at some point too.

Suerte17
11th February 2011, 3:48 PM
I'm getting White because my sister already claimed Black and I always pick the opposite version from her. I also prefer the version exclusives as well as White Forest and the ability to battle Iris. The only thing that I'm going to miss is the ability to buy the evolutionary stones, but the other factors outweigh that.

I probably won't be buying the third version (at least not until quite a bit of time after it's released) since it'll most likely be for the 3DS, and I can't really shell out $250 for a new system because I'm saving for college (university to Brits) right now.

Flowing Ice
11th February 2011, 8:26 PM
I'm choosing Black simply because black is a cooler shade to me..Plus if you were to call it a color, it's one of my faves. It doesn't really matter fro mthere. I'll likely get the 3rd Version if it's made as a 3DS exclusive.

tmega90
11th February 2011, 8:52 PM
I am also choosing white because I like the version exclusive Pokemon that are in it.

MagnetonNr1
11th February 2011, 8:57 PM
I will buy the Black Version.. just because

1) I like Reshiram better
2) The city where you get the last gym badge looks awesome
3) Black City is nice.

gliscor&yanmega
11th February 2011, 9:43 PM
I was just going to get White since it has Zekrom, but then I decided not to long ago to just get both just so I can experiment on Black.

I may get the third game too, depending what changes it will offer, probably gym rematches; which I would like, but there should probably be something else.

But I'm getting at less White for sure and most likely Black.

tmega90
11th February 2011, 9:58 PM
Another reason I want white is because I like how it is more natural.

NomadSPG
11th February 2011, 10:02 PM
Name of a game.
Black City.
Gothitelle
Shiny Reshiram looks cool

omegahealer
11th February 2011, 10:14 PM
going to get both versions, but white will be my maingame (have japanese black already too). It's always a cheaper deal on release and after half a year i always want to restart but never get myself to deleting my save file :p

Master of Fossils
12th February 2011, 1:04 AM
I'm getting white pretty much because of Zekrom and Reuniclus. IMO Zekrom > Reshiram and Reuniclus may be my favorite of the generation so that's pretty much self explanitory.

ForeverFlame
12th February 2011, 1:29 AM
Black, because it has a prettier box art. That's legitimately my reason.

Lucario0708
12th February 2011, 2:12 AM
white, i hate the look of reshiram, and i would prefer triple battles over rotation

Zekrom is a badass black dragon, just like how palkia was better than dialga, because both dialga and reshiram just look plain weird and awkward

GaZsTiC
12th February 2011, 2:15 AM
Black, because it has a prettier box art. That's legitimately my reason.

Whatever floats your boat.

(Your sig is the scariest thing ever.)

AmbipomMaster
12th February 2011, 2:19 AM
I choosing White because I'm hoping to get Flygon and Salamence and Slaking and etc. through White Forest. Zekrom also influenced me as well. Another reason is Braviary. I don't know why they're worrying over Whimsicott/Lilligant because you can trade for the corresponding Grass type in some town (Nacrene City?) But I like the feel of a natural look because it's more modernized than any other region any other way.

flygonabsol99
12th February 2011, 3:07 AM
Definetly white.
1) It has more pokemon, And the version exclusives (like reniculus and braviary) are a million times better. (In my opinion)
2)Reshiram is ugly
3)Rotation battles seem like an annoying fossil fighter battle
I might get black though, when I feel bored with white.

wearjo
12th February 2011, 3:08 AM
(Your sig is the scariest thing ever.)

I agree :D it's the scariest cute thing i've eva seen ;)

jwla
12th February 2011, 3:57 AM
Black, because I did my original play through on White in Japanese. I will pick up an American White, as well. Just because I like Zekrom better.

Night_Walker
12th February 2011, 4:53 AM
I'm getting White.

I prefer the new version exclusive Pokemon in White over those in Black.

battle171
12th February 2011, 4:58 AM
Black, mainly because I don't really care for verison exclusives (the first 493 pokemon down, about 150 to go), though the main reason would be the pure flying legendary, thats it. Will get the thrid verison for sure, that i know

Serebii!
12th February 2011, 5:13 AM
I'll be choosing Pokemon White because Zekrom is awesome and I like the version exclusives and I White forest seems pretty cool

kaiser soze
12th February 2011, 6:38 AM
I preordered black, mostly just because. reshiram's ice and water neutrality intrigue me. but probably get both, unless "grey" comes out fast enough

SatanJr
12th February 2011, 8:18 AM
Black, because white wont have a bike.

wearjo
12th February 2011, 9:25 AM

ur kiddin me!!!

~Shiny Blue Moon~
12th February 2011, 12:12 PM

that can't be right could it? why would white not have a bike?

anyways i'd probably get both but black would be my main game coz black's my favourite colour plus i reckon blacks version exclusives suit me best too. And i just love the Black City, sounds epic!! :p

Ultra 101
12th February 2011, 12:27 PM
I'm getting White because:
I prefer Zekrom, Thundurus, Braviary, Lilligant and Reuniclus.
I prefer White Forest because I want to be able to catch Pokémon rather than get cheap EXP (and I get a massive satisfaction from grinding).
Iris is cooler (just think: a little girl having a Haxorus).
Triple Battles are better than Rotation Battles.

I will, however, also get the third version because I always get one of the first two versions, the third version and the remake (Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen; Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver).

Rose Storm
12th February 2011, 12:42 PM
Black for me. I prefer White's exclusives, but the fact that I like Reshiram 10x better than Zekrom means that seeing Reshiram appear on the title screen, it being the version legendary and all, makes Black far better for me. Plus, the futuristic theme in some of the places fits my personality better. <3

Shien
12th February 2011, 12:53 PM
I'll take White. Just beacause I have already the japanese Black version.
I prefer Black but to discover the white forest and other changes, I'll take white.

bleeding-chocobo
12th February 2011, 1:33 PM
I've decided I'm getting Black. I like the high-tech places more than the natural look, and besides, Black has Reshiram and the Houndour/doom line, which I love as well. Even though White has some exclusives I want, I can always trade.

So, Black for me. :]

mychemro
12th February 2011, 1:53 PM
White
I would normally I would get both for version exclusives, but with the addition of WPA for a DSi I can now go online with White and get all I need from the GTS also Zekrom is awsome!

Chibi_Muffin
12th February 2011, 1:57 PM
Black, since I prefer Reshiram. I can get Whimsicott and Mandibuzz fairly easily too. Of course, I need a Reuniclus... but my brother is getting White, so we've promised to trade a Cottonee for a Solosis.

DucksGoMooful
12th February 2011, 2:00 PM
My sig says it all, but White, because I prefer some of the exclusives, like Zekrom and that green blob dude.

pokefan1995
12th February 2011, 2:12 PM
Im getting White cause there are pokemon in it that i want on my team! Like Lilligant and Braviary

Valoo.
12th February 2011, 2:50 PM
White. I love Braviary, Zekrom and Reuniclus and I like the 'rural' feel better.

Rocketeer
12th February 2011, 3:54 PM
Can't decide! I guess I'll pick the opposite of whatever my friend choses.

Blackbomber72
12th February 2011, 3:59 PM
BLACK has Reshiram
and the future
that´s all I need.

Metagross Guy
12th February 2011, 4:36 PM
Hahaha I'm gonna guess that most of you who chose White Version was because of the same reason i did, Zekrom!

Pokénaut
12th February 2011, 4:42 PM
Pokemon Black all the way! I like Reshiram better it looks more natural then old Zekrom. I can always trade my cousin for stuff :D

Blitz Lucario
12th February 2011, 5:52 PM
I plan on getting White Version first. Mostly because I like more of the Pokemon that are exclusive to it. Braviary and Zekrom rule!

TraverseTown
12th February 2011, 9:08 PM
I'm getting White, which is weird because I like Reshiram better than Zekrom. However, everything else White has I like better. However, I'll probably end up with both at some point.

Krake
12th February 2011, 10:04 PM
I'll probably get both at some point, but I'll be getting White first because there are more Pokemon that I like in that one, whereas Black only has the Cottonee line.

I'm not basing my choice on White Forest or Black City seeing as it does not have that much impact in the story.

Witchan
12th February 2011, 10:11 PM
I'm going for pokemon White since you get to challenge Iris in a pokemon battle.

Lucario770
12th February 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm picking White because I prefer Zekrom over Reshiram. I also tink that a forest area should be pretty cool, over a city area.

DaTreeko =3
12th February 2011, 10:52 PM
I'm getting Black :)
I love Whismicott and Mandibuzz, but I wouls prefer Zekrom because it looks a *bit* better than Reshiram. I also like the feeling to Black City.
I would get White, but I have zero friends to trade with and I don't have WiFi.

ChanceTheLance
12th February 2011, 11:03 PM
I'm Going to get Black because I like the more modern stuff like Black City I can fight against trainers and level up my Pokemon. Plus Reshiram is cool since he is a dragon fire type

Klutzybear
13th February 2011, 12:00 AM
I'm gonna choose neither and wait for the third game. :P

Seriously, I'm not gonna spend fifty bucks buying one version of the game, then find out six months later Pokemon Grey or whatever is going to come with even BETTER stuff that combine both games with some of the old gen pokemon again.

Had this happen when I found out about Pokemon Platinum. Now my diamond version doesn't seem all that special to me. >:I

Nope. I'm just gonna wait this one out and choose the middle ground.

Dr. Pepper
13th February 2011, 12:04 AM
White mainly because Zekrom's the Legendary in it. Plus it has the exclusives that I prefer. Yet Black has Drayden as the 8th gym leader, which made me lean a little towards it but I've already pre-ordered it soo...

Esterk
13th February 2011, 12:39 AM
Seriously, I have no idea what I'll be choosing.

Black has Reshiram which I want because of his typing and because I think he is better than Zekrom. But on the other hand, White has awesome version exclusives like the Thunder/Flying genie and Reuniclus.

And then there's Black city and White Forest both of which are really great. On one hand, there are more trainers to battle in Black and shops to buy things from but White has more pokemon to catch!

I'm leaning more towards White but I cannot not have Black! And I can only have one because I'm pretty much out of money after buying this and the 3DS. So I guess when I go to buy them, I'll decide what to get on the spot.

Jb
13th February 2011, 1:39 AM
I'm getting Black, the cover apeals to me.

Heldigunner1
13th February 2011, 1:52 AM
I'm getting both. I will most likely play Black, while my brother plays White.
I like the exclusives in white more. But I get tried of the nature theme.

ashgirl92
13th February 2011, 3:59 AM

Please say this is not true. I was leaning to buy White... but I do need a bike. Is there a specific reason why White wouldn't have a bike?

Grei
13th February 2011, 4:11 AM
Please say this is not true. I was leaning to buy White... but I do need a bike. Is there a specific reason why White wouldn't have a bike?

Um, no. This isn't true, the bike isn't version-exclusive.

Thinking logically, it doesn't even make sense that they would put a beneficial key item in one version of the game, while leaving the other game without an equally-beneficial key item.

RedDragon96
13th February 2011, 4:21 AM
I pre-ordered both Pokemon White and Black, but I am going to give one to my brother.. I am thinking of giving him White, and Keeping Black, because i like more of the pokemon on Black and Can just trade my Brother the pokemon he wants on Black, for the Ones i want on White.

shellshocker107
13th February 2011, 4:25 AM
I'm getting white for sure but I don't know if my parents will want to buy me black and I'm getting white because I like the forest better than the city even if the black city does have a lot of trainers

The Oncoming Storm
13th February 2011, 4:27 AM
I'm gonna choose neither and wait for the third game. :P

Seriously, I'm not gonna spend fifty bucks buying one version of the game, then find out six months later Pokemon Grey or whatever is going to come with even BETTER stuff that combine both games with some of the old gen pokemon again.

Had this happen when I found out about Pokemon Platinum. Now my diamond version doesn't seem all that special to me. >:I

Nope. I'm just gonna wait this one out and choose the middle ground.

I hope u have extreme patience then cause u prolly got two years to wait for the third installment. And fifty bucks come on. Im paying 38.65$ american dollars for over 200 hrs of fun. Thats like less then 20˘ an hr.

ashgirl92
13th February 2011, 4:28 AM
Um, no. This isn't true, the bike isn't version-exclusive.

Thinking logically, it doesn't even make sense that they would put a beneficial key item in one version of the game, while leaving the other game without an equally-beneficial key item.

I thought so, but you never know. Thanks though. Puts my mind at ease to know that that isn't true. : )

Adrexus
13th February 2011, 4:30 AM
Well, since I am planing on having Reuniclus in my team, then White it is. Also I want to keep alive a tradition of mine since 2nd generation. That is, even numbered generations I get the first game first and and odd numbered generations I get the second game first. It goes like this: Yellow, Gold, Saphire, Diamond and then White.

Grand~Kingdra
13th February 2011, 4:54 AM
"Black Town" sounds a lot more interesting then eco freindly "white town."

lol, couldnt help myself XD

I would probably prefer black because of black city, all the availabl items and the trainers (rematchable?) And I can send pokemon in white forest over from hg. however, i could really use those timer balls stolen from wild pokemon...

Grei
13th February 2011, 4:57 AM
I think I decided. I'm getting White.

There's literally nothing in Black besides Drayden and Rotation Battles that I really want. The high-tech appearance of Black City is neat, but from videos it looks awfully barren, unlike White Forest's more inviting appearance. Buying items and getting more experience is nice, but finding items on the ground works just fine and I doubt I'll have that much of a problem getting experience.

Black doesn't have a single version exclusive that I want. I don't want Whimsicott, I want Lilligant; I don't want Gothitelle, I want Reuniclus; I don't want Mandibuzz, I want Braviary. I like Reshiram and all, and Houndoom, Honckrow, and Breloom are cool, but overall the White-exclusive Pokemon beat out the Black-exclusive ones.

And while I love Rotation Battles and dislike Triple Battles, I'll just battle Rotation Battles over Wi-Fi if I ever want them.

White overall just looks better. I'll go with White.

Kreis
13th February 2011, 5:04 AM
I think I decided. I'm getting White.

There's literally nothing in Black besides Drayden and Rotation Battles that I really want. The high-tech appearance of Black City is neat, but from videos it looks awfully barren, unlike White Forest's more inviting appearance. Buying items and getting more experience is nice, but finding items on the ground works just fine and I doubt I'll have that much of a problem getting experience.

Black doesn't have a single version exclusive that I want. I don't want Whimsicott, I want Lilligant; I don't want Gothitelle, I want Reuniclus; I don't want Mandibuzz, I want Braviary. I like Reshiram and all, and Houndoom, Honckrow, and Breloom are cool, but overall the White-exclusive Pokemon beat out the Black-exclusive ones.

And while I love Rotation Battles and dislike Triple Battles, I'll just battle Rotation Battles over Wi-Fi if I ever want them.

White overall just looks better. I'll go with White.

I'm buying both, but I'm still having a hard deciding which will be my main game. But everything you want is basically what I want, so I think you pretty much convinced me to choose White as my main game. However, I'm disappointed that I won't encounter Reshiram right away. Not really a fan of Zekrom at all.

crazysteve1001
13th February 2011, 5:12 AM
Im getting White because i like the black legendary more (still dont remember the differences in the names)

Grei
13th February 2011, 5:20 AM
I'm buying both, but I'm still having a hard deciding which will be my main game. But everything you want is basically what I want, so I think you pretty much convinced me to choose White as my main game. However, I'm disappointed that I won't encounter Reshiram right away. Not really a fan of Zekrom at all.

I prefer Reshiram to Zekrom, but quite frankly I don't use Legendaries ever. The only time I have (besides the occasional for-fun usage) was with Suicune in Crystal and Heart Gold. That's it.

In White, I can see myself using Terrakion or Landorus. But other than that? Probably not.

iLoveDratinis
13th February 2011, 5:33 AM
im getting white because i like forest and i have a strong desire to get a liligant for some reason.

Ampharos_Spark
13th February 2011, 5:33 AM
Like others, I’m going to get White Version since I like Zekrom more than Reshiram. Plus I like the version exclusives better in White, with the exception of Petilil and Liligant. I’ll also get the 3rd version when it comes out. I would get both like I did for RS and HGSS but I can't afford to get both right now.

ChanceTheLance
13th February 2011, 6:28 AM
I'm getting Black since I like Reshiram seems cooler type wise and in Black Souryuu has Drayden as the gym leader plus the city reminds of TRON Legacy with the lights on the ground while in white is is more of a village.Also Drayden kinda looks like Chuck Norris.

Ace Trainer Alex
13th February 2011, 6:41 AM
White Version. I want my Machop/Machoke, and I can only get it in White Forest (unless I trade it).

Jolteon91
13th February 2011, 6:48 AM
I'm getting both, will play White first simply because I prefer Zekrom (who is a combination of my two favourite types) over Reshiram.

Zennyboiz
13th February 2011, 7:05 AM
White, due to the redundance of Black City, the awesomeness of White Forst and the exclusives.

Charizardfan900
13th February 2011, 1:50 PM
I would get white because
1. I like Zekrom over Reshiram
2. I like White Forest
3. White has cooler exclusives.

But Black dose have some cool things as well
1. More Rotation Battles
2. Black City
3.Drayden

jammiedodger
13th February 2011, 1:58 PM
Can someone tell me off-hand which is the 'secondary' version this generation? White or Black?

I've always got the secondary version each gen (blue, silver, etc) and I'd like to keep up the tradition.

Whichever it is, that's the one I'll get.

kaialone
13th February 2011, 2:00 PM
Im gonna get Black,becaue me and my siblings have a deal.Whenever we cant decide,we make sure atleast one of us gets the one the others dont want so we have both in our household. When I got Diamond my sister got Pearl and when my siblings both got Soulsilver I got Heartgold,and now my siblings get White and I get Black

ashgirl92
13th February 2011, 2:30 PM
Can someone tell me off-hand which is the 'secondary' version this generation? White or Black?

I've always got the secondary version each gen (blue, silver, etc) and I'd like to keep up the tradition.

I am almost positive that the secondary version is White.

GaZsTiC
13th February 2011, 3:08 PM

The secondary version is White as Reshiram (the mascot of Black) comes before Zekrom (the mascot of White) in the Pokedex.

jwla
13th February 2011, 3:25 PM
I think I've changed my decision on which to get (first, at least, I may buy the other). I was originally going to get Black because I played through White once and because I wanted Whimsicott. However, I remembered I can trade for (and if I am not happy with it--breed a new) Cottonee. And I like Zekrom a LOT better than Reshiram.

Enoch
13th February 2011, 3:29 PM
Because I like Zekrom :D

Legendary Dreams
13th February 2011, 4:01 PM
White.

1) I want Zekrom (Generator > Turbine as tails for me)
2) I want Reuniclus and Braviary.
3) White Forest > Black City for me. Black City's art is nicer, but I prefer an additional forest compared to an additional city in my game.

Nice to hear that pretty much everything I wanted is in one version, so not much heartbreaks over choosing.

TurtwigFan1
13th February 2011, 4:04 PM
I'm getting both, simply because I just can't decide.

I love the technological aspect of Black but Zekrom in White is a bit cooler. Plus I bought both Diamond and Pearl so why not keep up with tradition, eh?

jammiedodger
13th February 2011, 4:12 PM
Thanks for the information guys. I guessed that it was White, but wasn't sure.

I haven't been keeping that up to date with all the info and it sounds like there is more differences between the two than I was expecting.

Gaiash
13th February 2011, 4:39 PM
I'll be getting both due to the fact they both offer me something I want but I'll be using White most. I do plan to beat the Elite Four on White before Black and then transfer some older Pokemon over and use them on the rest of Black.

:-D
13th February 2011, 5:04 PM
I prefer Black because of Reshiram and the Black City. The version exclusive pokemon might not be as good,but I don't really like any of the version exclusive pokemon anyway.

Xer
13th February 2011, 5:07 PM
I'll be getting White first, just because I find Zekrom and the other version exclusives much more appealing than those of Black. I may or may not buy Black after I beat White. My sister will be getting Black, so I could always get some version exclusives and access to Black City from her.

UnovaSwampert
13th February 2011, 6:08 PM
White, because Zekrom is better than Reshiram.

ashgirl92
13th February 2011, 6:17 PM
I think I am getting White. I couldn't decide for a bit, but I think I have now. I do like Zekrom, but in all honestly, I really don't use Legendaries all that much. I like the version exclusives better, and I think White Forest will be fun. I like the nature theme better, and if I do get bored I can always get Black later on if I choose.

UnovaSwampert
13th February 2011, 6:19 PM
I think I am getting White. I couldn't decide for a bit, but I think I have now. I do like Zekrom, but in all honestly, I really don't use Legendaries all that much. I like the version exclusives better, and I think White Forest will be fun. I like the nature theme better, and if I do get bored I can always get Black later on if I choose.

Right, I agree with getting Black once I get bored with White. In all honesty, I'd rather see Black City more than White Forest, but Zekrom is the tipping point.

13th February 2011, 6:45 PM
one of the main reasons I'm probably not going to get White is because EVERYONE is getting White. it is overused.

Daimona
13th February 2011, 7:15 PM
Ever since I first heard the new names I leaned towards black and then when Reshiram was revealed as it's mascot it was a sealed deal. It suits me better anyway since I care a lot more about Black city than White forest.

That being said I think the version exclusives (besides Reshiram) in white are nicer, and I will definitely get that version as well later on.

kusari
13th February 2011, 7:16 PM
Both.

White reasons
- cooler exclusives
- Iris ftw
- White Forest

Black reasons
- Gothitelle
- The battles in Black City

Reasons for both
- Easy Milotic
- The Chobomaki evolutions
- Erefuun & Doredia evolution
- Complete Pokedex without Wifi
- Full Rai trio

Torpoleon
13th February 2011, 7:52 PM
I'm picking Pokémon White Version. People typically say Black/White and not White/Black and same with Diamond/Pearl, Red/Blue, FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver. Also, I kind of like Zekrom more than Reshiram. Another reason is because White Forest is where you catch Wild Pokémon which can help for the National Poké Dex. Black City has battling, but there are A LOT of other places where you can battle high-leveled trainers.

luxrayshock
13th February 2011, 7:53 PM
Buying both just makes completing the pokedex and getting all legendaries way easier and it gives you both experiences! I'm definatly getting both

UnovaSwampert
13th February 2011, 8:15 PM
one of the main reasons I'm probably not going to get White is because EVERYONE is getting White. it is overused.

You see, I always get the minority game. I got LeafGreen, Blue, Sapphire, Silver, Pearl, and Soulsilver. I'm not sure if they are the underused game, but they felt like it to me.

I'm still going to get White, and then get Black a few weeks later.

Psychic Silver
13th February 2011, 8:31 PM
White,I like the version exclusives,and my friend is getting black.Im looking forward to battling him.

Grei
13th February 2011, 8:37 PM
I'm not sure why people would purposely avoid getting the more popular version simply because it's the one that more people are buying. More people are buying that version for a reason, after all.

UnovaSwampert
13th February 2011, 8:46 PM
Grei, I think it's because people like to be difficult.

Besides that, I'll get all 3. Black, White, Gray/Chrome/Crimson.

Venusaur Master
13th February 2011, 8:52 PM
Im going for white, mainly because of Zekrom (like the design and prefer electric types over fire) and the exclusives in it.

13th February 2011, 9:01 PM
You see, I always get the minority game. I got LeafGreen, Blue, Sapphire, Silver, Pearl, and Soulsilver. I'm not sure if they are the underused game, but they felt like it to me.

I'm still going to get White, and then get Black a few weeks later.

Most of those games were the "underused" games excluding silver and soulsilver (those actually sold more than Gold and heart gold i'm pretty sure) and I'm not saying that people should base which game they buy off of the underused one. I'm just getting white because I prefer the black city and Reshiram, and I don't like any of the version exclusive pokemon anyway. :D

UnovaSwampert
13th February 2011, 9:02 PM
Most of those games were the "underused" games excluding silver and soulsilver (those actually sold more than Gold and heart gold i'm pretty sure) and I'm not saying that people should base which game they buy off of the underused one. I'm just getting white because I prefer the black city and Reshiram, and I don't like any of the version exclusive pokemon anyway. :D

No, you should base it on what game you want, not based on sales.

13th February 2011, 9:07 PM
No, you should base it on what game you want, not based on sales.

That's what I said...

Araleon
13th February 2011, 9:08 PM
I'm picking White for one reason, and one reason only: Rufflet/Braviary.

Braviary is one of my favorite birds ever, so I want it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I'll get one early on. We'll see.

ASB
13th February 2011, 9:10 PM
I'm certainly getting White, and probably Grey as well. White has White Forest, which is much better than Black City. Even though Reshiram is cooler, the ability to catch a bunch of pokeymanz that aren't normally in the game is cool. I'm going to get grey when it comes out too, as it will probably have a large battle frontier and a bunch of new features like other third-installment games.

UnovaSwampert
13th February 2011, 9:11 PM
That's what I said...

Oh.

/zekrom10char

Alexa500
13th February 2011, 9:16 PM

HAHAHA. Leafgreen, Blue, Silver, and Soulsilver were the majority-owned games among their counterparts.

Anyway, I'm getting White because I wanted to get it before the cover art/legendary exclusive was designated because I like both legendaries equally, and I want Reuniclus REALLY BADLY. I'll get black later to explore the other exclusive areas, but in general I love exploring in the games to I think I'll enjoy the forest and its huge trees. (:

halloweenghost
13th February 2011, 9:57 PM
I'm choosing Black, I like Reshiram better, plus I also wanted to go to black city over white forest

The Eleventh
13th February 2011, 10:06 PM
I usually buy the second version too - LeafGreen, Soul Silver, White.

vikingsteve
13th February 2011, 11:01 PM
White version. I'll be buying my sister Black version.

White version for me because there are apparently more pokemon in White than Black...

I'll likely buy the next version after Black and White if I like them. It's been a while since I actually played too, but my sister is kind of interested, so I figure I'll give it a shot. Last time I played was 2003, LOL

jmfpokemon
13th February 2011, 11:50 PM
I am getting Black only because me and my nephew always try to get the opposite color of the games... and he wants to get white for the legendary :)

MonkeyX
13th February 2011, 11:59 PM
white, zekrom looks epic

Kokoromori
13th February 2011, 11:59 PM
White
I already have Black. D:

Emperor Empoleon
14th February 2011, 12:02 AM
I'm torn between the two

I like Reshiram more than Zekrom, and I want to experience Black City's battles over White Forest's wild Pokemon. BUT White version have the Braviary, Liligant, AND Reuniclus that I really want (although I guess I could always just do that in-game trade for Liligant ^^; )

Not sure..I've still got a few weeks to decide though >D

LegendaryHero
14th February 2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah, i'm definitely going to get White.

It was a tough choice.. Black and White are my favorite colors. I like both Zekrom more, but I like technology themes more.

I ended up choosing White, because I figure "which would I rather see, everytime I boot up the game?"

Monochromatic
14th February 2011, 12:25 AM
I'm getting both, but I prefer White, and no, it has nothing to do with Zekrom/Reshiram.

Reuniclus and Lilligant are exclusive to White. And I love 'em.

LordVader2719
14th February 2011, 12:34 AM
I'm getting Black, simply because I like Reshiram more.

crystalzapdos
14th February 2011, 12:43 AM
I'm getting White, so I can use a Braviary. I also like Zerkrom better.

Ace of Shades
14th February 2011, 12:43 AM
I'm getting Black, White, and possible Third Installment because there are so many awesome pokes and I want to use them all.

neo_senku
14th February 2011, 12:53 AM
I'll be picking up white, because as soon as i saw wargle i fell in love with it. Also i want zekrom as well. I'll also get the 3rd version when it comes out

Larry
14th February 2011, 12:53 AM
I was originally going to get Black for Black City but I'm getting White because of Zekrom.

EarthKeeper
14th February 2011, 1:19 AM

good man. i agree

illucio
14th February 2011, 1:59 AM
Here's the thing for me, I like white better in general. (White forest, ancient look, the pokemon in the game, ect.) But I dislike the legendary Zekrom, I prefer Resham. >.> Why did they do the yin yang thing remind me.. Pisses me off.

Pokemon Black has Resham, and.. Well, Black city is neat. More trainers to battle, so I like that. But I prefer catching Pokemon in white forest. The pokemon in this version exclusive I hate. (Nothing trading with a friend can't fix though.)

I wish they would of kept the legendaries to their respective colored versions. Would of made me a lot happier, but oh well. I might as well get both games or wait for grey to come out. :/ (Don't deny it you know it's coming out)

Grei
14th February 2011, 2:22 AM
good man. i agree

Except that the sea turtle (Tirtouga line) is not version exclusive. You can get it in either version.

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to White:

Solosis line
Rufflet line
Petilil line
Zekrom
Thundorus

5th Gen Pokemon exclusive to Black

Goth line
Vullaby line
Cottonee line
Reshiram
Tornadus

The fossils are not version-exclusive.

Ememew
14th February 2011, 2:29 AM
Petilil and Cottenee are version exclusives? Isn't there an in-game trade for the opposite version's one?

Anyway, I've always gotten both versions in the past and see no need to stop now. Especially since few people play around here that I know of so I'll be able to trade/Entralink between my own games. Which poll answer is "both," anyway? "Can't decide?"

Grei
14th February 2011, 2:34 AM
Petilil and Cottenee are version exclusives? Isn't there an in-game trade for the opposite version's one?

Anyway, I've always gotten both versions in the past and see no need to stop now. Especially since few people play around here that I know of so I'll be able to trade/Entralink between my own games. Which poll answer is "both," anyway? "Can't decide?"

Yes there is, but they're still considered "version exclusives" since you can only get one of them in the wild, depending on your game.

And normally, this trade would have justified me wanting to get Black, but the trade only gets you a Chlorophyll Petilil. An Own Tempo Petilil is better, since it won't experience confusion when it uses Petal Dance.

Tyrannotaur
14th February 2011, 3:21 AM
Yes there is, but they're still considered "version exclusives" since you can only get one of them in the wild, depending on your game.

And normally, this trade would have justified me wanting to get Black, but the trade only gets you a Chlorophyll Petilil. An Own Tempo Petilil is better, since it won't experience confusion when it uses Petal Dance.

You can't breed it/trade for one?

-;248;

Echoing Song
14th February 2011, 6:29 AM
Black because I prefer Reshiram's design over Zekrom's

Also, because I have always picked the "second" version over the "first" (blue, silver, sapphire) I decided to pick the "first" this time.

greenboot1228
14th February 2011, 7:00 AM
most def pokemon white! i love jelly ball and amercian eagle! epiclicious just like zekrom :D and i want to battle both cilan and iris first time i play the fifth gen :D

Ophie
14th February 2011, 11:52 AM
Hmm, I've already pre-ordered the White version. I predicted it would be the less popular version overall. The factors for this is who will kids prefer between Reshiram and Zekrom (I cannot tell for sure this time around, unlike previous versions and their exclusives), whether kids prefer the color black or white (I'm leaning towards black because it's edgier), and whether people would prefer Black City or White Forest (I would presume Black City due to the White Forest's Pokémon being available in prior games).

Looking at this poll, I'll be wrong for the Serebii Forums. I'll have to wait until the games come out to know for sure which is more popular in the general public.

The reason why I go for the less popular version is a likelier chance of getting version exclusives over the GTS, plain and simple.

UStrainer40137
14th February 2011, 6:12 PM
I got a JPN copy of White, and sticking to White for US release.
Reasons: I like White's exclusives better, can't forget Zekrom (It looks like it can and will KILL you), and there's White forest (more pokemon for me).

D-World
14th February 2011, 6:26 PM
I'm getting Black. I'm no racist.

Just joking, guys, people who buy White aren't racist.

The Eleventh
14th February 2011, 6:49 PM
I'm getting Black. I'm no racist.

Just joking, guys, people who buy White aren't racist.

That reminds me of when my friend was asking me what version I was getting, and there were other people around. I was like, "Not now, wait until we get downstairs and there's no-one around". He said, "Don't worry, they'll just think you're racist". I'm getting White, so you can imagine how bad that sounded.

-cheap-
15th February 2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah, i'm definitely going to get White.

It was a tough choice.. Black and White are my favorite colors. I like both Zekrom more, but I like technology themes more.

I ended up choosing White, because I figure "which would I rather see, everytime I boot up the game?"

Technology theme? I haven't really been keeping up on the stories or Pokemon of B/W cause I want everything to be fresh, but do their stories have different themes? I know Sapphire and Ruby's themes were pretty much exact opposite, but there wasn't too many differences between the two. Is it more varied between games now or no?

SourMilk
15th February 2011, 12:32 AM
At first I was bent on getting Black, purely for Reshiram's amazing artwork, and Black City's training possibilities. Then I decided I was doing a Nuzlocke during my first playthrough.. White Forest is better for that, as I can get one more Pokemon.

Another reason for the change of heart would have to be that my friend's getting Black anyway, so I can just trade for Pokemon like Houndour and Shroomish.

I'll just catch myself a Petilil to trade in-game. Mischievous Heart is a broken Ability on a Pokemon like Whimsicott.

Kuraikarasu
15th February 2011, 12:45 AM
I chose White mainly due to the fact that BRAVIARY RULEZ and that in white forest you can actually catch pokemon instead of just battling them.
plus who doesn't love this face...http://arkeis.com/images/animations/644.gif

~;198;

Felix Thunderheart
15th February 2011, 1:07 AM
I'm white and I getting black. putting that sorry joke aside.

I getting both, but have my male file on black with my team and with my real name. I used white to play as a female. I also like black City and I love to battle with People. I also like the Pokemon on the fornt of the black.

Anyone said you're raciest because the game you pick, they are raciest themself. Pick one you like the most. Also if they have a 3rd game I bothing 2 of them.

ashgirl92
15th February 2011, 1:27 AM
Technology theme? I haven't really been keeping up on the stories or Pokemon of B/W cause I want everything to be fresh, but do their stories have different themes? I know Sapphire and Ruby's themes were pretty much exact opposite, but there wasn't too many differences between the two. Is it more varied between games now or no?

Yeah, they are more different this time around. Besides version exclusives, Black has Black City, where you can battle a lot of good trainers, and get some good items. White has White Forest where you can get serveral pokemon from the other regions at lvl 5. Black has more of a tech theme, where as White has a nature theme. Hope that helps : )

Grei
15th February 2011, 1:37 AM
and I getting black

Heh heh

As ashgirl said, the games diverge a little more this time as opposed to previous generations with version-specific locations. Black has Black City--a dark, industrial place that has trainer battles and evolutionary items for sale--and the city which holds the final Gym (Opelucid City) is sleek and technologically advanced. A man named Drayden is the Gym Leader here.

White has White Forest where Black City would be, and it's a huge forest where wild Pokemon and items can be found. In White, Opelucid City takes on a more ancient appearance (it still resembles a city, but with stone where there would be steel). In White, Iris is the Leader in Opelucid City.

But for the stories... they're for the most part the same, from what I understand. It's only the locations themselves that are different between versions. Team Plasma doesn't act any differently, I believe. The only characters that I know change roles (excluding some trainers which offer either Rotation Battles in Black or Triple Battles in White) are Iris and Drayden, as the one that you don't challenge does something different in the game.

AlexKZ
15th February 2011, 1:37 AM
I'll be getting Pokemon Black. I think it has much more appealing exclusives than White.

7420Cola
15th February 2011, 1:41 AM
Reshiram looks awesome

Felix Thunderheart
15th February 2011, 1:45 AM
Heh heh

As ashgirl said, the games diverge a little more this time as opposed to previous generations with version-specific locations. Black has Black City--a dark, industrial place that has trainer battles and evolutionary items for sale--and the city which holds the final Gym (Opelucid City) is sleek and technologically advanced. A man named Drayden is the Gym Leader here.

White has White Forest where Black City would be, and it's a huge forest where wild Pokemon and items can be found. In White, Opelucid City takes on a more ancient appearance (it still resembles a city, but with stone where there would be steel). In White, Iris is the Leader in Opelucid City.

But for the stories... they're for the most part the same, from what I understand. It's only the locations themselves that are different between versions. Team Plasma doesn't act any differently, I believe. The only characters that I know change roles (excluding some trainers which offer either Rotation Battles in Black or Triple Battles in White) are Iris and Drayden, as the one that you don't challenge does something different in the game.

Triple and Rotation battles is not in bot games for the NPC?