PDA

View Full Version : A Connoisseurs Revenge! (678)

Serebii
17th February 2011, 9:18 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/678.jpgSommelier Showdown! Dwebble vs Dewott!!

Heading to Castelia City, Ash & Co. learn of another Pokémon Sommelier nearby, who shows the bond of trainer and Pokémon. Ash is eager to see what she says about him and his Pokéon. However, when Cilan disagrees, the sommelier challenges him. Will Cilan be able to win and who is the correct Sommelier?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/bestwishes/678.shtml)

Discuss

KibaLG8
17th February 2011, 9:56 AM
Just out of curiosity... does it start at 6pm or 7pm? Because where I live right now its 1:56am and last time, everyone was already inputting info about episode around 2:30am while before it was around 3am...=/

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 10:07 AM
^The eps on now, if you haven't figured it out. (Tends to start at 7PM each week, or just before)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
17th February 2011, 10:11 AM
well i just lost my stream' just great!! anyone got any other sites?? send pm

ps it's looking to be a great episode :3

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 10:13 AM
So, Cabernet lost to Cilan a year ago in a gym battle and wants revenge, although she's been back to the gym to re-challenge him (but he was already travelling with Ash), so she has the badge. Now she just wants revenge. iit also seems that Cilan gave her and her Oshawott a bad 'tasting' result.

Oh, and you insult Pikachu, you get thunder slapped.

Four classes of Sommelier - S,A,B, and C. Cilan is an A, Cabernet is a C, the lowest class.

Ash-kid
17th February 2011, 10:14 AM
Cabernet lost with Oshawott. I guess it had evolved into Dewott. First battle Dwebble vs Dewott, Dwebble and Pansage win!

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 10:18 AM
Dwebble wins with Shell Break and Scissor Cross against Dewott.

Out come Sawsbuck and Pansage. Pansage wiins with Solar Beam.

playerking
17th February 2011, 10:21 AM
I expected Ishizumai to win, or at least draw, so Cabinet, was actually in a gym battle, interesting, now lets see if Yanappu will win.

And so far it seems like a filler, with all this information.

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 10:24 AM
^I'd say the odd's of Cabernet being a reccuring character is very high, so possibly no filler.

Pepsi_Plunge
17th February 2011, 10:25 AM
Haha cool episode, its raping time for Dent, he just destroyed the girl, she had it coming after acting like an *** by saying none of Satoshi pokemons were compatible with him even Pikachu, atleast thats what I got from the episode.

I liked that Dent tried to teach her a lesson but she seems to not have learned it and looks like she will be back, will need Sabonea translation to confirm.

Edit: Did it already XD.

Nice enjoyable episode, Dent is really becoming awesome as episodes go by :D.

Ofc its not a filler, theres Dent development even showing stuff from his past, related to Cabernet but from his past.

playerking
17th February 2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah i hope she is, that's what I thought, but we'll have to see. So Ash showed all of his Pokemon to Cabinet, what did it say, for Oshawott?

Pepsi_Plunge
17th February 2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah i hope she is, that's what I thought, but we'll have to see. So Ash showed all of his Pokemon to Cabinet, what did it say, for Oshawott?

She bashed them all from my understanding.

playerking
17th February 2011, 10:29 AM
That beyo--. So judging by what you said, Dento won both battles, that kind of sucks.

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 10:30 AM
She just insulted them all, didn't take detailed notes. When I rewatch in HQ later, I'llbe able to tell you more :)

EDIT: She's a C-class trainer with lots of arrogance and not much skill, betach needed to be schooled so she can come back in 10-20 eps and put up a big fight.
Also, who's betting Iris gets a rival in Ep 27? :P

Adz
17th February 2011, 10:39 AM
She just insulted them all, didn't take detailed notes. When I rewatch in HQ later, I'llbe able to tell you more :)

EDIT: She's a C-class trainer with lots of arrogance and not much skill, betach needed to be schooled so she can come back in 10-20 eps and put up a big fight.

If Iris gets a rival....THIS will be the best series EVER! But i think i'd love to see a bigger rivalry forming between Iris and Ash so that if she dies end up having to face him for his 8th badge, it will be the climax of their rivalry! i'm loving this "season" so far! Dento OWNED!! Plus Sawsbuck looked so damn awesome!

dman_dustin
17th February 2011, 10:40 AM
Ash's Pokemon attacking Cabarnet after she said "nasty" things about them = awesome.

The battle was okay, I just didn't like how one sided it was. Cilan could've at least slightly struggled or shown some sort of concern that he could've been in danger of losing.

Pepsi_Plunge
17th February 2011, 10:41 AM
That beyo--. So judging by what you said, Dento won both battles, that kind of sucks.

It kinda fits, she was acting like a jerk and was completelly destroyed, Dent even toyed with her.

Like Sabonea said she is a C rank so she must be pretty bad right now, more full of herself then anything it seems.

Mr.Munchlax
17th February 2011, 11:50 AM
. . . so Cabinet, was actually in a gym battle, interesting,. . .

I wonder if this means we'll also see Cabarnet face off against Ash in the Unova League

The only thing I don't get is that Cilan's a really nice guy. Why would he do something like Gary or Trip would do & Toy with Cabarnet like that? I know that she was acting like a b**** but still

playerking
17th February 2011, 12:24 PM
Wait how exactly did Dento toy with her? If so I'm sure it wasn't that bad, if so, Cabinet does seem like an annoying person, and she disputed the close relationships with Ash's pokemon, but for Snivy i can understand, they haven't really shown any liking towards each other that much, same goes for the bird.

Mr.Munchlax
17th February 2011, 12:51 PM
Wait how exactly did Dento toy with her? If so I'm sure it wasn't that bad, if so, Cabinet does seem like an annoying person, and she disputed the close relationships with Ash's pokemon, but for Snivy i can understand, they haven't really shown any liking towards each other that much, same goes for the bird.

Well, it's just that I read from other posts on this thread how he toyed with her & then I started to believed them when I saw pictures like this in the filb recap:
http://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw/019/285.jpghttp://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw/019/287.jpghttp://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw/019/327.jpg

Chimchar15
17th February 2011, 1:03 PM
I don't know why people are complaining. It's about time they give a main character who completely owns their rival. Seriously if we're not getting it from Ash or the girl then why not Cilan?

playerking
17th February 2011, 1:05 PM
I don't know why people are complaining. It's about time they give a main character who completely owns their rival. Seriously if we're not getting it from Ash or the girl then why not Cilan?

Well he beat her before, so to keep a strong rivalry and an even one, Cabinet should of won.

And wow, Dento kind of seems like an --- in those photos.

Chimchar15
17th February 2011, 1:21 PM
Well he beat her before, so to keep a strong rivalry and an even one, Cabinet should of won.

And wow, Dento kind of seems like an --- in those photos.

Once again we don't need an even rivalry. Seriously why must a main character always be reduced to either getting owned by his/her rival or at most being even with them? Cilan had to beat her as he was teaching her a lesson. Having him lose just to keep the rivalry even would have defeated that purpose.

Teshub
17th February 2011, 1:27 PM
For Cilan this was a lackluster episode but somewhat amusing. I didn't like the girl's design, looked like her hair was made of chewed gum.

jolteonjak
17th February 2011, 1:54 PM
So it sounds like Pokabu was sent to Juniper's?

RickHoenn
17th February 2011, 1:59 PM
Once again we don't need an even rivalry. Seriously why must a main character always be reduced to either getting owned by his/her rival or at most being even with them? Cilan had to beat her as he was teaching her a lesson. Having him lose just to keep the rivalry even would have defeated that purpose.

This!

I'm happy Cilan schooled her, she's just full of himself and its so incompetent, she deserved it!!!

But like always with every little thing there are complains -_-

Hopefully this gurl becomes a recurring rival and Cilan teach her some gud lessons! Not every rival has to beat the main characters. And I hope Iris has a rival too. :p

Foxeaf
17th February 2011, 2:04 PM
She doesn't have to be a rival, just a reoccurring character would be nice.

Cilan has been really showing his darker side lately, huh? xDD

But I can't really have a say in this- I still want to watch this episode!

Eternal Darkness
17th February 2011, 2:14 PM
Seems pretty ffunny, but haven't seen it yet.

Chill92
17th February 2011, 2:18 PM
Can only find pics. Anyway seems like a great episode. Cabernet losing makes sense considering she has a lower status than Cilan. Cilan kicking *** is something everyone would love to see. She deserves it too, dissing all of Ash's pokemon (even Pikachu like wtf?) I wonder if Cilan is ever gonna face a class S Somelier?

pokefandt
17th February 2011, 2:19 PM
"It's tasting time" in this episode apparently meant "It's clobbering time". Man Cilan was awesome in this episode he actually got a major battle this early in this series, guess the comparisons to you know who stop for right now.

Well Cabernet at least tried but it was pretty dang obvious she was outmatched.

gliscor&yanmega
17th February 2011, 2:30 PM
So, Cabernet lost to Cilan a year ago in a gym battle and wants revenge, although she's been back to the gym to re-challenge him (but he was already travelling with Ash), so she has the badge. Now she just wants revenge. iit also seems that Cilan gave her and her Oshawott a bad 'tasting' result.

Four classes of Sommelier - S,A,B, and C. Cilan is an A, Cabernet is a C, the lowest class.

So Cilan is in class A of Sommelier, good for him. Maybe he'll get to class S by the end of Best Wishes. Poor Cabernet...oh well, don't care for her much anyways.

Cilan won the battle 2-0, he's just too good.

It looked like Cabernet gave all of Ash's Pokemon on hand a bad tasting result...no wonder she's in the lowest class.

No Team Rocket again...how I miss them so.

I have only seen the episode pictures on serebii so far but it looks like a nice episode, Cilan gets some focus which I like.

Although, waiting three weeks for this really was worth it for myself. I wish something big and shocking happened. Oh well, it still seems like a nice episode.

playerking
17th February 2011, 2:32 PM

There's hardly ever been a even rivalry, heck, probably never, Paul won more matches against Ash, Barry and Ash only had one battle, the 2nd one finished before they could declare a winner(Monferno landed away from the field.

So yeah, unless Ash has an even rivalry with Shooti, or his possible rival belle, this should be, should've been a even rivalry, so yeah, she should of won.

Venomfang
17th February 2011, 2:49 PM
Great episode. Cilan being ruthless was an interesting twist.

pokefandt
17th February 2011, 3:21 PM
Ughh, i've only seen the screencaps, does anyone know where I can watch this, its not even on youtube yet?

RickHoenn
17th February 2011, 3:26 PM
There's hardly ever been a even rivalry, heck, probably never, Paul won more matches against Ash, Barry and Ash only had one battle, the 2nd one finished before they could declare a winner(Monferno landed away from the field.

So yeah, unless Ash has an even rivalry with Shooti, or his possible rival belle, this should be, should've been a even rivalry, so yeah, she should of won.

This doesn't make sense (?)

Why Cilan needed to lose in the first place? he's a sommelier A and Cabernet is a C. Cilan is more skilled than her in "tasting" and battling.

Porygandrew
17th February 2011, 3:44 PM

....Sap Sipper / Herbivore means nothing? Wow, I thought this season was going to be different.

Sawsbuck is an awesome pokemon to have against Cilan. To have sawsbuck lose that easily and that hackedly is really stupid. glad I stopped watching.

Nostalgic Hybrid
17th February 2011, 3:54 PM
....Sap Sipper / Herbivore means nothing? Wow, I thought this season was going to be different.

Sawsbuck has more than one ability.

Seiryu
17th February 2011, 4:02 PM
I wonder if this means we'll also see Cabarnet face off against Ash in the Unova League

The only thing I don't get is that Cilan's a really nice guy. Why would he do something like Gary or Trip would do & Toy with Cabarnet like that? I know that she was acting like a b**** but stillTo be fair, he did the same with Ash in their gym battle. Seems that's just how he treats people to whom he's giving a poor "tasting" evaluation. Ash managed to subvert his expectations by unexpectedly syncing with his pokemon--made him eat his words. Cabernet...didn't. (Also: Trip toys with his opponents now? News to me)

Sawsbuck is an awesome pokemon to have against Cilan. To have sawsbuck lose that easily and that hackedly is really stupid. glad I stopped watching.

Because Sap Sipper is totally Sawsbuck's only possible ability, right? And being evolved automatically means a monster must be strong, right? (Hint: it's not, and it doesn't)

There was nothing "hacked" about this match. All it means is that Dent's monsters are stronger and Dent himself is a more skilled battler. So perhaps you should consider not jumping to conclusions in order to justify your apparent dislike of the show, eh?

freekhenstra
17th February 2011, 4:02 PM

Not all Sawsbuck have that ability.
It could have Chlorophyll, or maybe even Serene Grace.

gliscor&yanmega
17th February 2011, 4:07 PM

Like others have said, Sap Sipper isn't Sawsbuck's only ability. Also, this season is different from past ones, they are always different to some degree.

And like others have said, Sawsbuck doesn't win battles automatically just because, it has to be strong enough as well have it's trainer be able to call the right moves. Cilan is a gym leader so he's good at battle right off the back, plus his Pokemon are fairly strong as is.

So nothing was wrong with it, you just personally don't like it, which would be your opinion over a fact.

minredd
17th February 2011, 4:16 PM

Nope, Tepig was there and getting tested. It looks like Pidove got the boot, since everyone else was there. Though you could find out that Snivy, Tepig and Scraggy stay by looking at the movie posters.

uber gon
17th February 2011, 4:32 PM
Would've been nice to see Sawsbuck with the Herbivore ability.

Chimchar15
17th February 2011, 5:05 PM

Ash had a rivalry with Gary, Paul, and currently with Trip. All who he lost before finally defeating at the league and it looks to be going the same way for Trip. You also seem to forget that both May and Dawn had rivalries as well. While they handled a few of their rivals better than Ash did his ( Harley and Ursala) it was pretty much the same thing. Cilan didn't need to lose. Why just to have an even rivalry? Once again why must a main character only either lose or stay even with their rivals? I'm glad we have Cilan who is showing his rival what's what. There was absolutely no I repeat no reason for him to lose.

XXD17
17th February 2011, 5:26 PM
I'm just very interested with the Cabernet's pokemons' attacks...
Dewott knows water gun, water pulse, shell blade and a scratching move...is it fury cutter? I don't know Japanese.
Sawsbuck knows horn leech, megahorn and a kicking move...is it double kick?

Grassmen
17th February 2011, 7:01 PM
It might not be right, but bulbapedia says Dwebble's ability is Sturdy, and I'm not sure we knew that before. Maybe this was shown when Dwebble didn't faint from Water Pulse?

pokefandt
17th February 2011, 7:02 PM
I have a question what exactly is a pokemon sommelier? Since I speak no Japanese whatsoever I have no idea what they are saying on the show without subtitles.

Champion Jared 14
17th February 2011, 7:11 PM
Cilan is quite a skilled battler...He swept through that ignorant child like so easily! People stop complaining, this girl was immature, bitter over her loss, and was going about her revenge against Cilan totally wrong. He had to beat her to teach her a lesson, and I'm glad she did. Great episode. The humor was there, her dissing Ash's pokemon was kinda funny and they attacked her, a bit too much talking before the battle, but the battle was good.

8/10

dman_dustin
17th February 2011, 7:12 PM
To those who say Cilan should've lost, but do we really need some other underdog character on the main cast?

Isn't a bit more realistic that at least one of the main characters is "superior" to a trainer in the world, can beat them flat out without really trying, only to have him/her lose at the end of the series?

Yes, I did say it was too one-sided, but perhaps because I find it hard to believe that Cabaret is THAT weak, I mean Cilan lost to Ash's Oshawott, how did his skill raise to pretty much E4 level? So I would've liked to see some of Cilan's Pokemon taking damage, well I guess technically they did but they didn't seem all that affected. Cabaret losing easily to Cilan, makes me think if they didn't screw Ash over, he would beat Cabaret with near OHKO's. So maybe that's why I had trouble believing Cilan's sudden strength. If he's that powerful. then Ash should really train against Cilan, until Cilan can't beat Ash at all. Ash would then kick Trip's butt for sure if that happened.

VoltTacklingPika
17th February 2011, 7:30 PM
I don't think it was a case of Cabaret being a weak trainer. I believe she was just too confident and reckless in the battle and let Cilan get under her skin a bit too much. Cilan himself had a similar problem against Ash, did he not? If I recall right, he thought the battle was pretty much over and was actually surprised Ash won in the end.

Misty Lover17
17th February 2011, 7:45 PM
I have to agree. Dewott still somehow put up a good fight but Sawsbuck's battle pretty sucks.

Though, I must say I'm glad to see him get a victory. Cilan seems to have a very lovely personality. :)

magicallypuzzled
17th February 2011, 7:49 PM
cilan is sooo evil in this episodes it's amusing also i really liked all of ash's pokemon attacking that arrogant little girl.

As some people were saying you don't always see a pokemon like say snivy showing a fondness for ash but she was clearly ticked at something that girl was saying which probably had to do with her not being fit for ash.

garfield15
17th February 2011, 7:59 PM
Oh, man if I wasn't already thinking of Dento as my favorite character, this already cemented it. Normally, Dento's a nice guy, but when it comes to Sommeliering, he's completely reverts into Light Yagami mode.

-So we learned a lot about Sommeliers today. One is that a boy is Sommelier and a girl is Sommeliere like a Patissier. Another is that there are apparently Rankings to become an official Sommelier so I'd assume in order for Dento to become a full Sommelier, he'd have to get to Rank S. I'm curious to see how or if he will do that.

-Okay so Cabernet was a pretty fun character. I didn't like how stuck-up she was but I did like how outgoing she was. However, I laughed too hard when they all just attacked her like that. Oh Kurumiru. Your String Shot is always funny.

-Commercial from Dento: Pokemon Best Wishes....has been brought to you...BY THE FOLLOWING SPONSERS! (I can imagine him posing while doing this)

-"BONJOUR! TASTING TIME, S'IL VOU PLAIT!"
"Hm...It's...TASTING TIME!" *sparkle off*
I was honestly totally okay with the battle being one-sided because 1) Cabernet did trick and mess with Satoshi for the first part of the episode so she totally deserved it, 2) she lied about her Class and 3) Dento is above her in Class and completely outsmarted her.

-Yeah, given the way that episode ended, I'm sure she'll be back. In any case, we learned about Sommeliering so it wasn't going to be a filler anyway.

(How many fabulous poses was he striking today?)

Rentaline99
17th February 2011, 8:09 PM
Finally.
A protagonist that's not a loser.

ShinyVaati
17th February 2011, 8:15 PM
Cabernet is definitely an interesting girl, I'll say that much. Very animated, almost reminds of a Barry. Can't help but feel bad for her though, she seems to fail at life at the moment.

But Cilan was all sorts of awesome in this episode. Focused and confident, and he had some hilarious facial expressions. It also seems to take a lot to get his spirits down, or he really just doesn't care for Cabernet's taunting. But I loved him here, I hope we get more episodes focused around him. Oh, and Cress and Chili got a cameo! That made me smile. I love that gym leader trio.

I also liked that they went a little more in depth about what a Pokemon Sommelier is. There's a whole organization and ranking system! Glad they gave it this background information instead of just making it some kind of obscure term to give Cilan an excuse for a goal. Again, I hope they keep going somewhere with this.

The battle was alright, it was nice to see them settle a dispute by battling, which they should do more often. But there was a bit too much talking going on. Cilan also owned the match, but at this point it was meant to be that way.

Also have to wonder how they're going to dub "It's tasting time!" When I thought it was just Cilan's phrase, I didn't think much of it, but since all sommeliers seem to say this, I have to ponder on it.

Anyway, entertaining episode, passes in my book.

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 8:37 PM
It might not be right, but bulbapedia says Dwebble's ability is Sturdy, and I'm not sure we knew that before. Maybe this was shown when Dwebble didn't faint from Water Pulse?

Oh yeah, they did say that. At one point she was sure she'd knocked Dwebble out, but because of Sturdy she hadn't I didn't realise we didn't already know that otherwise I would have mentioned it sooner...:P

Shneak
17th February 2011, 9:09 PM
Cilan's a pretty good battler, even if he only was the first gym leader.

Photos make it look good. I'll watch later.

Firemaker
17th February 2011, 9:31 PM
Oh, man if I wasn't already thinking of Dento as my favorite character, this already cemented it. Normally, Dento's a nice guy, but when it comes to Sommeliering, he's completely reverts into Light Yagami mode.
I disagree. Although his personality is different as a sommelier, he seems to be more passionate about it than cruel or evil.

garfield15
17th February 2011, 10:11 PM
Exactly. It's all serious business and passion for the art.

Sabonea_Masukippa
17th February 2011, 10:13 PM
Ok, a year ago Cabernet looses to Cilan and gets a negative 'tasting' (although she is clearly not remembering things exactly as they happened in the flash back).

One year on, she is doing black-market tastings in the back of a department store as a C-class sommelier (the proper one is seen, but not heard from), gives unnecessarily negative comments to Ash's team, accuses Cilan of running away from her when she went to re-challenege the gym (really, he was just traveling with Ash), shows off her badge 'nernerner' and then says she just wants revenge. You can't have a character like that and not let her be schooled. She's probably going to have to prove herself over the length of the series as a trainer and a sommelier.

Also, did anyone notice that Cilan was using Ash's strategy by not type- matching Dewott with Pansage and going with Dwebble instead? She even questions him on it, the same way he questioned Ash's choices in the gym battle.

gliscor&yanmega
17th February 2011, 10:59 PM
Also, did anyone notice that Cilan was using Ash's strategy by not type- matching Dewott with Pansage and going with Dwebble instead? She even questions him on it, the same way he questioned Ash's choices in the gym battle.

Saw that mentioned somewhere. I'm not sure if Cilan was doing that intentionally though, probably was. Maybe Cilan learned something from Ash back during their battle, that type doesn't always matter.

Mr.Munchlax
17th February 2011, 11:32 PM
I just saw the episode on Youtube. Man I wish I knew what they were saying

Aquadon
18th February 2011, 12:55 AM
Jus throwing it out there; it didn't appear like there was anything "fabulous" about Cilan in this episode.

garfield15
18th February 2011, 1:15 AM
Jus throwing it out there; it didn't appear like there was anything "fabulous" about Cilan in this episode.
You cannot be serious.

Do you want me to count all the sparkle moments/fabulous poses? Cause there was like four of them.

Magi of all
18th February 2011, 2:17 AM
Yay Dwebble, it actually gets to do something an win battles

All I have to say about this episode is that I love the picture of Cilan being all evil and Pansage grinning like a psycho. Made my day right there

Shneak
18th February 2011, 2:46 AM
Good episode. Some character and battle development for Cilan. I think we might be seeing Cabaret again. She has a 'unique' design for being a COTD. She's obviously a Unova league trainer. And she might want to battle Cilan again.

Cilan is definitely dominating Iris as a side-character. If he gets a good dub voice (I don't like his Japanese voice) then he'll be great. 9/10.

firepokemontrainer
18th February 2011, 3:04 AM
If Cabernet does appear again (which seems likely based on her attitude), then we can count her as Cilan's rival. Although she only has one badge, I take it as a good sign that she could also be a rival to Ash. (just as Nando was a dual rival to both Ash and Dawn during Diamond & Pearl.)

Overall, I thought it was an entertaining episode.

JennaJayfeather
18th February 2011, 3:11 AM
Good episode. Some character and battle development for Cilan. I think we might be seeing Cabaret again. She has a 'unique' design for being a COTD. She's obviously a Unova league trainer. And she might want to battle Cilan again.

Cilan is definitely dominating Iris as a side-character. If he gets a good dub voice (I don't like his Japanese voice) then he'll be great. 9/10.

...:o ...I respect your opinion and stuff...but you brave person. Watch out for Miyano's hardcore fans.

Juputoru
18th February 2011, 3:15 AM
-Today's opening scene is...a very sparkly Pokemon-related building! Which means that fabulosity sommeliers must be afoot!
-Everyone is WAY too excited to be in a generic store. (disclaimer: Store may actually be special but I can't really tell)
-Iris is instantly drawn to the jewelery, and some saleslady tries to sell her a Dragon Jewel(I think that's one of those "raises the power of a certain attack type slightly" gems from BW?). Zzz.
-Ash, meanwhile, notices a huge line, which is apparently for...a sommelier something-or-other. Of course.
-Oh god Dento is launching into an explaination involving pyramid diagrams and aaaaah.
-Apparently there's a bunch of different Sommelier classes, ranging from C to S(oh those wacky Japanese and their insistance on making S the best). Dento, of course, is A class. Can't have him be at the top already, but he's not a scrub.
-Are fancy suits part of the sommelier uniform or what?
-WHY DO SO MANY RANDOM BYSTANDERS HAVE SHIJIKAJA.
-Ash gets lured out of line to a shady booth nobody else seems to notice. Oy vey.
-It's Cabernet! And just to get this out of my system at last: I never thought she was a guy. It baffled me when other people thought she was a guy. She really doesn't look like a guy. At best, she looks androgyneous. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.
-Cabernet's catchphrase is..."BONJOUR, TASTING TIME!" Pfft, what a hack. Everyone knows that this fancy occupation that uses lots of tasting terms and has a name taken from wine stuff isn't french at ALL.
-Why does Cabernet(and that random other sommelier from earlier) use "marriage" as a term to describe the relationship between Pokemon and trainer? It's creepy.
-Cabernet says a bunch of crap about how much Ash/Kurumiru's bond sucks, but Ash asks something she never thought of along the way. "Why?"
-Haha, she's totally just throwing out snap judgments and not even thinking any of this stuff through.
-Kurumiru used string shot on Cabernet! Juputoru liked the little bug even more than she did in its first episode!
-Now it's time for the next victim...Tsutarja! And...is Cabernet about to LITERALLY taste it?
-She was! But Tsutarja won't stand for that ****, so it vine whips her away.
-Pokabu time! Surely Cabernet can't offend such a sweet little Pokemon, can sh...
-Oh wait, she just did.
-Mijumaru pops out on its own, of course. And awww, it's being all cute and snuggling Cabernet's leg. Surely now she'll see that Mijumaru is a good Poke...
-Nope. A water gun is doled out as punishment.
-Last but not least is Zuruggu. I predict that it'll end up headbutting her in 10 seconds or so.
-Called it!
-Oh wait, she never really went over Pikachu, did she? And yep, it shocks her.
-Cabernet is hilarious in how determined she is in her wrongness.
-Dento and Iris are back! Now the real fun is going to start!
-Dento knows Cabernet though...something about the Sanyo Gym?...and Cabernet is out for revenge!
-Oh my GOD, the Scaryass Dento version of events(totally distorted by Cabernet, of course).
-Cabernet then went to sommelier school, and...holy ****, fancy suits with ties ARE the standard outfit of sommeliers!
-But Cabernet's revenge is foiled by the fact that Dento kind of ran off with Ash's group before she got there. (although she did apparently battle one of Dento's brother, since she shows off her Tri Badge in the next scene...)
-Haha, Cabernet is only a C class sommelier. SCRUB.
-I'm not entirely sure what Dento said, but it sounds like C Classes are just supposed to be assistants to A Classes?
-Dento then proceeds to diss Cabernet's skills in the most gentlemanly way possible, and THEN he goes off on an educational speech about tasting and bonds and blah blah blah. Cabernet is not amused.
-I love how Dento really doesn't seem to be fazed by this random girl who randomly went on the warpath against him. Not that he's fazed by much of ANYTHING, but...
-Dento's "POCKET MONSTERS IS SPONSERED BY..." voice clip is amazingly dramatic!
-After the break...Iris has the perfect 8| face. Don't worry girl, I'm sure you'll get an episode to yourself eventually!
-Cabernet sends out Futachimaru, and Dento sends out...Ishizumai. Oh lord, he's trying to pull an Ash.
-BONJOUR, TASTING TIME SI VOU PLAIT! (or, to be more accurate: BONJOUR! CABERNET WILL BE HILARIOUSLY WRONG AGAIN! time)
-IT'S...TASTING TIME! This is turning into the most wonderfully sparkly battle ever.
-And...now Ash is getting dragged into this!
-Dento's turning more dramatic with every passing second. I love it!
-AND NOW HE'S BRAGGING ABOUT BEING AN A CLASS AND LIGHTNING IS IN THE BACKGROUND AND AND AND
-Way to deflate the wave of awesomely dramatic drama, Iris.
-Dento starts out the battle with...just Protect. Twice. Cabernet naturally sees this as a sign of weakness.
-I love Water Pulse's new animation just as much now as I did back in the Shooty
episode.
-Cabernet is shocked that Water Pulse didn't immediately annihilite Ishizumai. SCRUB.
-Ah, Dento's plan has become clear! Futachimaru's getting worn out already, while Ishizumai hasn't expended much energy at all!
-Now it's down to Shell Blade VS X-Scissor, and...Futachimaru is down! SCRUB.
-Dento gives another speech, but...Cabernet still isn't giving up. Now it's time for Sawsbuck! (don't ask why I randomly use the English name NOW. Just don't(it's because its JP name is too hard to spell and also I'm more used to Sawsbuck already))
-...did Dento just call Yanappu "my vintage"? That's great.
-HOLY **** DENTO'S LEERY >BD FACE.
-God, I wish the "two attacks cross! Both Pokemon stay standing for 10 seconds, then one falls!" trope would just die already.
-Sunset falls, Dento tries to compliment Cabernet's potential, but...she's still pissed at him! Please let this be an ongoing rivalry pleasepleaseplease.
-I still love how Dento is ever-polite in the face of Cabernet's ranting. It even gives her pause for a minute...before she goes back to ranting.

Hilarious episode. The extra details on how being a Sommelier works were nice - it shows that the writers actually put some thought into Dento's quest rather than simply going "well he judges trainer/Pokemon bonds kthxbye". I also liked how Dento's veil of civility started cracking a bit during the battle - just LOOK at this damned smugface and dramatic lightning-background scenes! And of course, Cabernet hits my weak spot for completely ****ing insane rivals(see also: Harley, Ursula).

Also, RE: The one-sided battle. I really didn't mind since the whole point of the episode is that Cabernet doesn't really know what she's doing and still didn't know what she was doing even though she went through all that sommelier training after her first loss to Dento. And if this becomes a rivalry, I'd assume that not all their battles will be this simple, so...

garfield15
18th February 2011, 3:15 AM
...:o ...I respect your opinion and stuff...but you brave person. Watch out for Miyano's hardcore fans.

Hardcore fan reporting. I'm not even mad. Just sad. (and annoyed :P)

Cobalt_Latios
18th February 2011, 3:24 AM
Oh my lord, what a hilarious episode! So glad I decided to watch it.

Anyhow, unlike my previous forays with multiquote abuse being early, I'll exchange that for a bullet mode format up here instead.

Here we go!

- So it begins inside of a Pokémart... wait, Castelia city? They're not even there yet...
- Ash mentions something about "berries" being available for purchase... import perhaps?
- Iris likes jewelery... that's new.
- So... Pokemon Sommelier is kind of like a more legit and "non-future sight" version of Fortune Telling. At least they're dressed nice.
- Yes Ash, follow the suspicious looking hand behind a lesser "blue" curtain... wait... :rolleyes:.
- Ash, why would go for... oh screw it, you'd be stupid enough to do this anyways.
- Cabarnet's hair just doesn't look right. Reminds me of jelly for some reason... it's probably the lighting.
- She just sniffed Pikachu... Ash, use some of your common sense (what's left of it) and GET OUT!
- So now she thinks he wants her to "test" Pikachu... well, it's not.
- So, Sewaddle is first.
- "Tasting Time"! What the hell is a pseudo "magical girl" thing doing in my Pokemon?!
- Is it bad that I didn't realize that was a pokedex? I swear that design is going to take some getting used to...
- OBJECTION! It's super effective (ouch... :/)
- Haha, it seems Ash is calling shenanigans on her "sommelier skills".
- Yeah, that didn't go well...
- Yeah! Go Sewaddle.
- Ash, you really are not a very bright individual. Battles maybe, but... you lack "common" sense.
- Snivy! Yay, you weren't Junipere'd!
- Sniffing again? This may not end well.
- "Tasting Time" taken to it's literal end. Yeah... this will not end well.
- Smuglass just slapped yo tongue! Hahaha!
- Haha, I think Ash is slowly starting to get that she's a fraud.
- Tepig? Nope, so you're still here.
- You know, it took me a while, but Tepig is actually pretty cute. (sidenote: maybe I'll consider him for my second playthrough, if I buy Black)
- Okay 3 times in a row. YOU'RE NOT LEGIT! TAKE A FREAKIN' HINT!!
- Oshawott? that just leaves Pidove and Scraggy. I vote Pidove.
- He wants to show her his love :).
- Wow, she's not amused by this at all. Ouch, you're cold.
- Water Gun, in the face!!
- 4x fail. Okay Ash, you can leave now...
- Ugh....
- Okay Scraggy. Pidove, you've been Junipere'd.
- C'mon, HEADBUTT! HEADBUTT!!!
- Yeah, she's not takin' to him.
- HEADBUTT!! Hell yeah!
- Oh, stop it you! We all know you ain't got no Sommelier skills. 5 out of 6? Fail!
- I think she gets it...
- Or not. Now it's Pika's turn.
- Pika. was. not. amused. Yeah, this was obviously going to happen.
- Objection! OVERRULED.
- AHH! It's! You!
- So, Cilan knows her too? Hmm....
- Well, she may not be the most "accomplished" Sommelier there is, but she sure would make a fine Ace Attorney. :D.
- She's quite bitter about something.
- Oh yes, very melodramatic. No one is going to believe that. ...hey, doesn't evil Cilan kind look a tad like Kodai? Or not, looks pretty similar though. Evil Pansage just looks hilarious.
- So... she took some sort of test to prove she could beat Cilan, or rematch him... did she pass?
- Oh, I get it now, she challenged Striaton gym, lost, took it very harshly, and now wants revenge on Cilan? Grudge much?
- Hahaha! Oh god. Because Cilan went with Ash on his Sommelier Journey, she was unable to battle him! But think about it this way; if she was just another challenger, then that would mean the writers actually put into account what would happen if such a leader actually left! I am quite impressed.
- Demonic Cabarnet is just hysterical.
- Wait... I thought Cilan beat her, how does she have the Striaton city gym badge?
- She's all happy, but Ash says something that completely brings her back to reality... what was that all about?
- So now something along the lines of, "I know a way we could settle this dispute once and for all..."
- Pokemon League theme... again. Wow, and here I thought Celestial Tower was getting abused...
- Screw Sommelier, she could very well be a better Attorney. She's got the outfit and the appropriate pose. Not to mention, she has the best attitude for it, lol! not suggesting anything about other well known and very popular Attorneys elsewhere
- So now they decide to battle.
- Iris... "why, just why...". Her expression is that of someone who is just not getting this at all. XD.
- So she just sent out Dewott. And now Cilan is referencing this to when he fought against Ash's Oshawott.
- And now we have Dwebble.
- And now we have the episode namesake.
- She sure seems happy. Okay, those actions do not belong here! edit: HOW THE HELL DID I NOT CATCH THAT!!! I feel ashamed for not noticing a French sentence. Damn you Cabarnet, DAMN YOU!!
- Thank you captain obvious, we are perfectly well aware that Dwebble is rock/bug and therefore not good against your Dewott. Clearly you have the advantage... not.
- Yeah, you just can't out-pose the master!
- Something about Ash, and about "tasting time"... I have no idea what was just said here.
- You know, you point far better than anything. Just admit it, the path of the Sommelier is just not for you!
- Ash wants Cilan to do something for him? I have no clue. It really does sound like Ash wants Cilan to prove something to Cabarnet... but I just don't know.
- What did he just say?!
- Cilan: "Let's. Get. Dangerous!"
- Ash: "I'm screwed..."
- Okay, now the battle starts.
- Okay, seriously, Withdraw does not work like that!. Then again, if water did hit a rock like that... that could happen, I guess.
- Okay, there we got. Withdraw does work like that.
- So. It was the trainer theme here. Wow, they're actually using the right music in the right situations. Nice.
- Water Pulse? This can't be good.
- Okay, since when does Water Pulse do that? Unless... it acts differently when out of water.
- Wait, how did it survive that? (reads down) Sturdy?! Okay, yeah, that makes sense.
- Wow... that Dewott has some terrible Stamina...
- Shell Break + X Scissor. Dammit, I love this bug :D.
- Shell Blade... Dammit, Oshawott, evolve soon! Dual wielding is the best thing ever, haven't you heard?
- Wow... OHKO! Then again, Shell Break cranks up your attack, X Scissor is pretty damn strong, STAB, and Dwebble has a high Attack. Nevermind.
- Well, that didn't last long.
- So, how are they going to finish this off then? I mean, the main point of this episode is through...
- Hehehe, Cilan is lecturing her about something. I think maybe something to do about type advantage or such.
- She's about to have an epiphany- oh never mind, she's even more p!ssed now.
- Wait, what?!
- Sawsbuck?! That's completely out of left field! I call shenanigans!
- Wait... is this Spring or Autumn Sawsbuck?
- And now, Cilan uses Pansage... hold on, isn't Sawsbuck part grass too?
- Haha! Not he's taunting her. This is hilarious :D.
- Wait a sec, what did Sawsbuck just use? Take-Down?
- Pansage used dig... well, we all know how this is going to end.
- And now it's stalled! Where could that little broco-monkey be??
- He said something that cued forth that epic guitar riff. Problem is, I still don't know what theme it's a remix of.
- Cabarnet, you're in trouble now!
- Yes, that's right, confuse it by digging in random spo- oh, and by using Bullet Seed. Not sure how that's going to be that effective...
- Right Side, Left Side... Arse side! Ouch!
- Oh god! :D. Cilan's expression is just perfect for this. "I'm so gonna slap you silly!" My god, this is just hysterical XD.
- Megahorn! Oh boy, bringing out the big sword, are we?
- Crap, Pansage is done fo- wait, Cilan planned this (complete with Eye Sparkle?!)?!
- And now he's about to finish this with... Solarbeam. Saw that coming
- Kame-hameha!! BOOM!
- Cilan seems to be so sure he's won. I bet he did.
- You're not fainted until Cilan says so! See?
- Okay, you've been defeated. Just admit that your not cut out to be a Sommelier and no one will think less of you. (except maybe... well, the internet)
- Not sure what was said between Ash and Iris there... oh well.
- Wow, she's really bitter.
- OBJECTION!
- Ooookay. I have no idea what just happened there.
- And now they're off to Skyarrow Bridge! Yay!

Well, I must say, that was absolutely hysterical! Cabarnet sure makes for a hyperactive Attor- Sommelier. Oh boy, can't wait for next episode :D.

Hahaha, that was awesome.

Sawsbuck sort of came out of left field. At it actually was slightly longer than Dwebble vs. Dewott. Why the hell do Japanese titles have to be so inaccurate. I know the dub will have a more suitable title.

I say she's better as an Attorney, not as a Sommelier. Can't find the life of me figure out why...

What makes you say that? The number, I mean, seems kind of random.

Ash's Pokemon attacking Cabarnet after she said "nasty" things about them = awesome.
She never really caught on either... kind of funny though.

Twas Pidove.

Nope, Tepig was there and getting tested. It looks like Pidove got the boot, since everyone else was there. Though you could find out that Snivy, Tepig and Scraggy stay by looking at the movie posters.
Ninja'd. :/.

-"BONJOUR! TASTING TIME, S'IL VOU PLAIT!"
"Hm...It's...TASTING TIME!" *sparkle off*
Replace "bonjour" with "salut" and it will work even better. Trust me on this.

I was honestly totally okay with the battle being one-sided because 1) Cabernet did trick and mess with Satoshi for the first part of the episode so she totally deserved it, 2) she lied about her Class and 3) Dento is above her in Class and completely outsmarted her.

-Yeah, given the way that episode ended, I'm sure she'll be back. In any case, we learned about Sommeliering so it wasn't going to be a filler anyway.

(How many fabulous poses was he striking today?)
Yeah, she totally deserved what she got. You don't insult Ash's squad without gettin' it.

OH! So that's what they were talking about! I thought Cilan was just making a bet of some sort towards Ash or something. Your explanation makes a lot more sense.

I just saw the episode on Youtube. Man I wish I knew what they were saying
Well... I sort of had a 1/8 subbed episode... didn't last long.

edit: Wow, that took longer than I thought it would...

edit3: Okay, upon reading Juputoru's post... there's a lot of wine references here.

edit4: Completely forgot to post this: this is the 3rd episode of BW that was devoid of TR. My god.

/CL

Moltanic
18th February 2011, 4:04 AM
The only thing I don't get is that Cilan's a really nice guy. Why would he do something like Gary or Trip would do & Toy with Cabarnet like that? I know that she was acting like a b**** but still

The battle was okay, I just didn't like how one sided it was. Cilan could've at least slightly struggled or shown some sort of concern that he could've been in danger of losing. Cilan was not battling Cabarnet just to torment her, he was trying to teach her a lesson about arrogance and maturity.

Cabarnet lost to Cilan in battle once back when she was still a rookie trainer and instead of handling her defeat graciously and realizing she needed to improve, instead she decides to hold a petty grudge. Flash forward one year and in addition to winning the Striaton City gym badge, she's also become a C Class sommelier. Although this is huge step up for her from the year before, she's let her success go to her head and still holds a petty grudge.

Cilan won his battle to prove to her that she still has a long way to go if she wants to be as skilled a sommelier as she thinks she is. It doesn't seem like this has really sunk in however because she acts like a sore loser. Which gives her a reason to make a return appearance in a future episode.

_Taidow_
18th February 2011, 6:09 AM
I loved this episode.
Cilan is my second favorite of Ash's companions! Brock will always be number 1.

I laughed when she got attacked by Ash's pokemon. If Pidove was there I wonder how she would have attacked Carbernet.

I have a feeling like she will be both Ash's rival and Cilan's rival.

She will constantly battle Cilan during the journey. Also she may battle Ash in the Unova league. She may be to Ash what Harley was to May and Ursula to Dawn.

playerking
18th February 2011, 6:40 AM
This doesn't make sense (?)

Why Cilan needed to lose in the first place? he's a sommelier A and Cabernet is a C. Cilan is more skilled than her in "tasting" and battling.

Uh yes it does.

We've never had an even rivalry, well we don't know how Ash's rivalry against shooti and his possible rival belle will go. So yeah, Cabinet could of one, despite this sommelier rating system, she beat one of his brothers, and Dento isn't better than his brothers, so she could of won.

There was absolutely no I repeat no reason for him to lose.

Opinion.

Cabinet could of won, harley and may wasn't an even rivalry, may and drew was not an even rivalry, Ash's rivalry against gary and paul was not an even rivalry, so yeah, there was, and i repeat, WAS a possibility that cabinet could of won.

Sabonea_Masukippa
18th February 2011, 6:56 AM
^From an in-universe pov, there may have been a chance (although her arrogance and desire for revenge probably cost her), from a writing point of view, you wouldn't introduce a character like that and have her beat Cilan, it sends the wrong message.

Champion Jared 14
18th February 2011, 7:07 AM
Yeah, a trainer as cocky and vengeful as her winning against one of the main heroes in Cilan would definitely send the wrong message.

Animefan145
18th February 2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, even when Ash loses to his rivals (which is mostly every time except the League), while the rivals are jerks, they're all competent. Well, Ash losing to Paul for four years was annoying, but it was leading up to something. Although starting Unova off with another Pikachu defeat didn't help. But anyway, Cabernet was just a jerk and talking big (and so is probably closer to some of the older Coordinator rivals).

Wow, this episode was hilarious. Its great having a character so... energetic. Heck, she probably had more expressions in five minutes (specifically the recap of her "revenge" scheme) than Ash has in five episodes. No idea what they're saying, of course, but I can guess from the flashbacks, expressions and what everyone else has said in this thread.

Oh sure, insult all the Pokemon, yeah, they're not happy. And then Cilan walks in and she gets even angrier. Her "memory" of evil Cilan is ridiculous, but oh so funny, especially with the mwa-ha-ha. And instead of simply training for a rematch, maturing, etc., no, she has to go into the same career as Cilan to try and show him up. And after all of that, turns out he left in the meantime. Huh, she still got the badge though, she could make a nice rival for Ash too (as long as Ash doesn't have to lose to her too often).

And then it comes down to a battle of course. Even better nice to see Cilan dominating it, after all of Ash's defeats outside of Gyms and the League, its nice to see a main character winning. Too bad all of his advice is still just bouncing off her thick skull. Oh well, until she comes around, she'll make a great recurring character, just hope she doesn't stoop to cheating or something to get her revenge on Cilan, especially with TR (huh, almost miss them these days) no longer the pathetic villains of the show.

Still don't care too much about the Sommelier thing, but still, adding a rival, especially one as memorable as this, makes for fun episodes, and was mostly worth the long break between episodes.

Mr.Munchlax
18th February 2011, 12:02 PM
Cilan was not battling Cabarnet just to torment her, he was trying to teach her a lesson about arrogance and maturity.

Cabarnet lost to Cilan in battle once back when she was still a rookie trainer and instead of handling her defeat graciously and realizing she needed to improve, instead she decides to hold a petty grudge. Flash forward one year and in addition to winning the Striaton City gym badge, she's also become a C Class sommelier. Although this is huge step up for her from the year before, she's let her success go to her head and still holds a petty grudge.

Cilan's won his battle to prove to her that she still has a long way to go if she wants to be as skilled a sommelier as she thinks she is. It doesn't seem like this has really sunk in however because she acts like a sore loser. Which gives her a reason to make a return appearance in a future episode.

Oh, now I get it. Thanks.

Also, did anyone else wonder about why there's an S rank that's higher than an A rank? I remember the same thing was in the first season of Zoids. The Blitz Team were in Class A and at the season finale they bumped up to Class S

RageKaiser
18th February 2011, 12:05 PM
Oh, now I get it. Thanks.

Also, did anyone else wonder about why there's an S rank that's higher than an A rank? I remember the same thing was in the first season of Zoids. The Blitz Team were in Class A and at the season finale they bumped up to Class S

S class usually is Higher than A class.

_Taidow_
18th February 2011, 7:31 PM
S Ranks are higher than A Ranks in Sonic games also. It was nothing strange to me.

gliscor&yanmega
18th February 2011, 8:50 PM
Yah S seems to always be higher then A in games I've played, but I have no idea why. I'm sure there is a reason behind it, if not then I find it pretty odd.

Juputoru
18th February 2011, 10:37 PM
the C<B<A<S thing seems to be a Japan thing. Don't ask me why. It just is.

Champion Jared 14
19th February 2011, 12:45 AM
OMG, that sly expression that Dento gave Cabinet/Cabaret, or whatever kitchen or household item name she had, was priceless, and I just LOVE the way he throws a pokeball!!

Ememew
19th February 2011, 1:16 AM
I'm not sure why "S" is the highest, but I would GUESS it comes from "super" or "superior" or something like that that implies it's surpassed even "A" rank. Just a guess.

Yay! Finally the fact that one of Ash's traveling companions is a Gym Leader actually matters outside of their own Gym town!

EDIT: "Evil Cilan" looks awesome . . .

JennaJayfeather
19th February 2011, 2:25 AM
S is also the highest rank when capturing a Pokemon in Ranger XD

Cotaman
19th February 2011, 3:07 AM
S is always the best rank, I don't see anything wrong with that.

dman_dustin
19th February 2011, 5:49 AM
Yeah I'm also used to the ranking of S being superior to A class.

The, C, B, A, S ranking system is almost very similar to the whole: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum ranking.

I mean ignore anything you know about Platinum for a moment, and one would assume it makes no sense for something random like Platinum to be ahead of Gold (something that because of lack of knowledge at the time, caught my attention), but I never knew why, so I just accepted. Curiosity got the better of me, and I found out Platinum is actually worth more than Gold, so then it clicked.

The S rank being the highest is pretty similar, in that it likely means Superb meaning top of the class, you succeeded in doing better than A. Sure maybe the whole F, D, C, B, A report card gets you confused, but if I remember correctly, S's are used in Kindergarten (or maybe higher, can't remember the grading system they used in Elementary School) as they rank your skills in certain areas of learning. So I'm used to S's being the highest grade possible, though I can see how the whole school grading system in the later years can get you confused.

EvolutionMaster000
19th February 2011, 11:20 AM
i wonder if Cabaret will be a recuring character

Banana Knight Arthur
19th February 2011, 6:37 PM
I for one can appreciate Dento's skillful victory, we have enough underdogs, that we can afford a clean, strategic battler.

So far Dento vs. Cabernet is my top battle this season.

Looking forward to Ash developing new strategies also, shame he's always reset to zero each region.

AuraChannelerChris
19th February 2011, 11:17 PM
This episodes gives Cilan more character development (or more like face development). We're getting to the golden episode of his debut.

Caseydia
26th February 2011, 4:23 PM
Everyone wants Ash to have all of the rivals but he already has two. I hope Cilan keeps Cabernet as his rival.

randomspot555
28th February 2011, 7:52 PM
Looking forward to Ash developing new strategies also, shame he's always reset to zero each region.

His "reset" pretty much ended by episode 6 or 7.

It's good that they expanded on what a Sommelier actually is, because without knowing the context, it sounds like Dent/Cilan is just spouting a bunch of BS. Very interesting battle.

Still a bit annoyed that Solarbeam is so quick nowadays, but that's just the game mechanics nerd inside of me.

Chill92
1st March 2011, 1:09 AM
So apparently Ash's Sewaddle has the Swarm ability, being confirmed by Cabernet

arceus7
9th March 2011, 9:24 PM
dento was fricking scary in that episode

streetlightdsb
11th March 2011, 11:34 AM
It was nice to see a main character being the dominant rival in this for once. Also Dwebble continues to be awesome.

I've also seen the S A B C ranking in Advance Wars if that means anything to anyone :p

G50
30th April 2011, 1:40 PM
This episode was alright. It was great to see Mebukijika for the 1st time, in its Spring Form. It was cool to see Futachumaru again. Cabernet was a really bad Sommelier and a stubborn one as well. It was funny when Tsutarja, Kurumiru, Mijumaru, Pikachu, Zuruggu and Pokabu all attack Cabernet when she was insulting them. It was cool to find out that Kurumiru's ability was Swarm. Dent battled Cabernet really well. Ishizumai used its Sturdy ability to hang on, and then be able to take down Futachumaru. Yanappu did very well against her Mebukijika, easily taking it down with Solarbeam. Dent was very scary the way he was talking to her.

69/100

TheEpicGoomba
8th May 2011, 11:04 AM
This episode was quite enjoyable. It was funny to see al of Ash's Pokemon attack her when they insulted them. We found out Swadloon's ability is Swarm. It was cool to see Cilian battle her. It was cool to see Dewott and Sawsbuck. 7.5/10

Lorde
8th May 2011, 9:07 PM
I gotta admit that I wasn’t very excited for this episode when the previews for it were shown. It looked like Cilan was getting a rival, but she didn’t look too interesting. I’m super glad that I gave this episode a chance, though. That Cabernet chick is totally insane. Like, Charles Manson insane. She makes Harley and Ursula look like angels by comparison. I did like that she’s also a Pokemon Connoisseur, though. That makes things a whole lot interesting. I also loved that she started out with an Oshawott. I mean, it is the world’s best Pokemon, after all. Cabernet does have good taste. The actual battle between Cilan and Cabernet was decent enough. Dewott was really cool and Sawsbuck was an unexpected surprise. Overall, I’m glad we have another interesting rival. I give this episode a 9/10.

SphealsFTW
15th May 2011, 2:30 AM
The episode was average ;P.
That Cabernet girl was very annoying.... but at least she cared about her Pokemon :).
Dento was very epic in battling... his Dwebble was good (I almost forgot that he had caught that cute little Dwebble).

Shego
19th May 2011, 4:10 AM
What a creep. I'm glad that Cilan defeated this Cabernet in Ash's defense. Who does she think she is? That C-Rank connoisseur doesn't even realized Pikachu have an extremely strong bond with Ash through all those years since his Kanto days. His other unova pokemon gets stronger every challenge they faced. She's has no right to talk to them like that. About Cilan having dark personality, its kind of scares me. But anyway, I'm glad that Cilan schooled Cabernet about bringing out the best in pokemon. And if he haven't won, then it could be the end of Ash and Pikachu. What was she thinking of doing something like that such destroying the love between Ash and his pokemon? If Cabernet challenge Ash, then it will be an instant game over for her. Especially up against not only caring,and determinated but also a pretty much of an advanced and strong trainer who travelled through five regions (Kanto,Orange Islands,Johto,Hoenn,and Sinnoh). Back on topic, Cilan now have a new rival who have such arrogance like Paul,Ursula,and Trip. Don't count Gary, he used to be but he changed for the better.

BurningSociety12345543210
25th May 2011, 9:55 PM
Cabernet was annoying and creepy. That's all.

Caseydia
28th May 2011, 4:55 PM
Why do everybody have a problem with the girl rivals in this show? You do realize that girls are more emotional than boys and that's how they really act in real life if you come across a few of them. Get over it.

The sandwich
31st May 2011, 4:04 PM
Why do everybody have a problem with the girl rivals in this show?

I don't. I just don't like Cabernet. XD

AuraChannelerChris
5th June 2011, 8:17 PM
I'm eager to see Evil Cilan next Saturday.

matt0044
11th June 2011, 2:28 PM
So how do you spell Cabernet's English name? Burgende or something like that?

As for the name itself, I find it pretty funny. It's not bad but it does sound ridiculous. Is it French?

1rkhachatryan
11th June 2011, 2:30 PM

As for the name itself, I find it pretty funny. It's not bad but it does sound ridiculous. Is it French?

Lol her names burgende?? Like the color??

fubufubu
11th June 2011, 2:31 PM

burgundy....basically a shade of red (as in burgundy wine perhaps?)

JennaJayfeather
11th June 2011, 2:33 PM
Hmmm I guess Cabernet's dub parents expected her to be a red head XD

matt0044
11th June 2011, 2:34 PM
burgundy....basically a shade of red (as in burgundy wine perhaps?)

Ah, thanks. So it's Burgundy.

Also, Cilan's JPN catchphrase "It's Tasting Time" is now "It's Evaluating Time" in the dub. It's basically the same thing since they're evaluating Pokrmon.

ehh123
11th June 2011, 2:34 PM
It is just me or was she voiced by Lisa Ortiz?

JennaJayfeather
11th June 2011, 2:35 PM
Ah, thanks. So it's Burgundy.

Also, Cilan's JPN catchphrase "It's Tasting Time" is now "It's Evaluating Time" in the dub. It's basically the same thing since they're evaluating Pokrmon.

>.< Make up your mind dubberz!!! D= Stop making "Tasting Time" into "Whatever Cilan feels like saying Time"

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite
11th June 2011, 2:42 PM
Not the best episode so far... wish someone on Cilan's team fainted. He seemed too strong and I felt it was an unfair match. It also should have done more on the consultation even if it's cutting the Dragon Gem scene, but then Iris would have almost NO screen time. And they got ride of Pidove. Man, there have been better. Such a letdown. Only see it to continue a straight view of the series;149;:513:. :515:

My Pokemon sign::547:

SmartD
11th June 2011, 2:45 PM
It's a good episode. Interesting how the dub named Cabernet Burgundy to keep the wine theme. Funny how Burgundy gets bashed from Ash's Pokemon attacks when she insulted them. Also funny when Ash was part of Burgundy's bet. Of course, Cilan won the battle. Can't wait for the next episode.

HydroSwampert
11th June 2011, 2:53 PM
Wow! This was a pretty good Episode! I escpecially like the parts where Ash's Pokemon used moves on Burgendy when she insulted them and when Ash was included in the bet! I wasn't expecting Cilan to win as easily as he did, but he did! I really liked the Episode and I can't wait for the next Episodes!

matt0044
11th June 2011, 2:54 PM
>.< Make up your mind dubberz!!! D= Stop making "Tasting Time" into "Whatever Cilan feels like saying Time"

It's probably to fit the dialogue with the mouth flaps and because TPCi runs the dub and not us.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite
11th June 2011, 2:59 PM
This was a total letdown. Cilan seemed too vague. And creepy. I mean, Sawsbuck didn't even make a hit. Blech. The best was uh, uh... I dunno.

JennaJayfeather
11th June 2011, 3:04 PM
This was a total letdown. Cilan seemed too vague. And creepy. I mean, Sawsbuck didn't even make a hit. Blech. The best was uh, uh... I dunno.

(Speaking as a Dento fan here)
This episode was awesome though :3 I didn't watch the dub, but I really liked it. I didn't like Cabernet too much >.> she was sort of creepy with wanting to defeat Dento so much...she deserved to lose. I liked how Dento's personality changes when he battles, it sort of makes him seem a lot tougher than he appears like Ruby :p

seth656
11th June 2011, 3:04 PM
episode rating: 6.2 not terrible for a filler I guess, but still don't watch it unless you are watching the whole series straight through,
Important events: none, well i guess we find out ash switched out pidove for sewaddle but thats about it
Other notes: I have a couple thoughts
1. where's team rocket? this is there biggest absence in the history of the show
2. honestly is there something wrong with ash in black and white he seems cheesier espcially when he was included in the bet(which was somewhat funny)
3. Cilan definatly said oshowtt wrong
SEE YA NEXT WEEK!

JennaJayfeather
11th June 2011, 3:17 PM
episode rating: 6.2 not terrible for a filler

It's not a filler =/ Cabernet comes back

jscholfield
11th June 2011, 3:37 PM
and two ablitys were reviled

11th June 2011, 4:01 PM
and two ablitys were reviled

And we know Dwebble is still alive

American--Pi
11th June 2011, 6:36 PM
And we know Dwebble is still alive

Ha. It was pretty nice to see Dwebble and Snivy; good thing they're still making appearances.

Anyways, this episode was pretty good for a filler; MUCH better than Trubbish Squad and even Night at the Nacrene City Museum. But since Burgundy is a female, shouldn't the episode be called "A Connoisuesse's (sp?) Revenge"? :p

:D I like how Burgundy kept getting hit by Ash's Pokemon's attacks. Also Burgundy seemed to get more character development than other COTD's; I liked that too.

I hope she becomes Cilan's long-term rival... but I doubt that will happen. :(

Janovy
11th June 2011, 6:42 PM
This episode wasn't a filler, it's as simple as that. :)

Littlemyuu
11th June 2011, 7:58 PM
I like thi depisode, as long as Dwebble is in it =D

Asrialys
11th June 2011, 8:00 PM
Laughed at Burgundy's comment to Scraggy.

Torpoleon
11th June 2011, 8:01 PM
Pretty cool episode. It was nice learning about Connoisseurs. Burgundy is a good enough name and her checking out Ash's Pokémon was pretty funny. I wonder if Burgundy becomes Cilan's rival. Seeing a Dragon Gem was pretty interesting. Overall, I thought this was a decent episode. Cilan VS Burgundy was also pretty cool and it is a good thing Cilan won.
8.5/10

Mr.Munchlax
11th June 2011, 8:07 PM
To be honest, I was expecting that change Burgundy's English name because of how Cabernet is related to wine. It's the same reason why they changed the term from pokemon sommiler to pokemon conniseur

the1stpkmnfan
11th June 2011, 8:14 PM
I can hardly call the recent episodes of BW as fillers. These episodes are getting really good. :D Today's episode was very enjoyable.

Burgundy reminds me a lot like Ursula from DP. I hope to see more of her unlike how much Ursula was shown poorly of.

Plus, I was amused by how Burgundy was attacked by Ash's Pokemon when she criticized them. She insulted Sewaddle, tried to lick Snivy, said Tepig's face is too happy, denied a leg huggle from Oshawott and no comment wise for Scraggy. If only Pidove was here, too. xD I bet she would peck the hair out of Burgundy's head.

But she does talk like trainers today, competitive wise. Who want perfect natures, move sets and abilities. Although Ash doesn't roll that way and goes for his own strategies.

Good episode no doubt. Plus, I hope someday Cilan will reach Connoisseur Rank S in the series. Doubt Burgundy will, but at least from Rank C to Rank A if she's that committed.

AuraChannelerChris
11th June 2011, 8:18 PM
Too bad Burgundy was true that Ash wasn't going to finish the Unova League. (-o-)

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite
11th June 2011, 8:21 PM
You knows that HOW? Mebbe this'll be Ash's lucky 2-years or so.

Ash knows he's down the drain without Pidove? You need a flying type, pure and simple..;351-r;

AuraChannelerChris
11th June 2011, 8:29 PM
You knows that HOW? Mebbe this'll be Ash's lucky 2-years or so.

"Mebbe" because Ash only wins the leagues nobody else cares about (Orange Islands, Battle Frontier). The day he wins a main league will be the day we get a free Arceus.

Asrialys
11th June 2011, 8:31 PM
Ash knows he's down the drain without Pidove? You need a flying type, pure and simple..;351-r;
Well, without Team Rocket pestering him, a Flying-type seems a little less relevant. lol Sad way of looking at it.

Mr.Munchlax
11th June 2011, 8:39 PM
I just figured out!!! Burgundy's VA is the same person who did the voice for Daniella, the kindergarten teacher from "Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!!"

But she does talk like trainers today, competitive wise. Who want perfect natures, move sets and abilities. Although Ash doesn't roll that way and goes for his own strategies.

Amen to that. I personally want to try to train my pokemon the same way Ash does, & only worry about natures whenever I think of a personality for them

American--Pi
11th June 2011, 8:44 PM
To be honest, I was expecting that change Burgundy's English name because of how Cabernet is related to wine. It's the same reason why they changed the term from pokemon sommiler to pokemon conniseur

XP so THAT'S what a "sommelier" is, a connoisseur? When I saw the Japanese title I was like, "What is a sommelier?"

Battlestar
11th June 2011, 8:45 PM
I saw it this morining it was okay. But i made me relized just how much the pokemon anime style has changed! lol

_Taidow_
11th June 2011, 9:50 PM
Burgundy is an interesting change from Cabernet.

I like how they stay true to the dub. Now it seems that "Its time for the battle to be served!!" was a mistake by the dubbers. I like "It's Evaluating Time!" better.

Mr.Munchlax
11th June 2011, 9:53 PM
XP so THAT'S what a "sommelier" is, a connoisseur? When I saw the Japanese title I was like, "What is a sommelier?"

Well, a sommelier is a connoisseur that only deals with wine, whereas a connoisseur can specialize with any kind of food and beverage

Shego
11th June 2011, 10:51 PM
Burgundy. Who does she think she is? Dissing Ash and his pokemon relationship like that is unacceptable. I mean his pikachu is at the very high level and his friendship with Ash is like extremely high. How could she not knowing that he's pretty much of experienced trainer who traveled more than one region and few of his pokemon defeated a couple of legendary pokemon. For instance, Charizard crushed Articuno, Pikachu beaten Regice and Latios, and most of all, Sceptile defeated Darkrai in the Sinnoh League after he defeated his rival and enemy who happened to be cruel and more arrogant than she is. As for his unova pokemon, he just caught them. Anyway, I'm glad that Cilan schooled Burgundy. But haven't seen the last of her yet. And if Ash has to duel Burgundy in the Unova League(if she keeps getting gym badges), then he would KOed her instantly.

WaterDragon trainer
12th June 2011, 12:03 AM
This episode was good. I must say that Burgundy is in my Top 5 Worst pokemon characters ever. It was awesome to see Cilan beat her easily.

MidnightMelody
12th June 2011, 12:03 AM
I think I heard Lisa Ortiz

Eternal Draconic
12th June 2011, 3:01 AM
"And now for the taste test!" :D

Shego
12th June 2011, 3:09 AM
Now that I've seen the episode clearly, Burgundy has become a new rival for Cilan,and quite a new enemy for Ash. Don't you agree?

Asrialys
12th June 2011, 3:22 AM
Now that I've seen the episode clearly, Burgundy has become a new rival for Cilan,and quite a new enemy for Ash. Don't you agree?
I don't think her and Ash will have anymore to do with each other except for Ash just getting annoyed. Burgundy's focus is on Cilan now.

Shego
12th June 2011, 3:26 AM
I don't think her and Ash will have anymore to do with each other except for Ash just getting annoyed. Burgundy's focus is on Cilan now.

Yes I agree on Burgundy's rivalry with Cilan. But she got one Gym Badge. Let's hear it for Cilan for saving his new friend's relationship with his pokemon.

Sapphire Kirby
12th June 2011, 4:04 AM
This was a fantastic episode, one of the best Unova episodes in my oppinion. Burgundy is a funny, angry character and she's one of my new favorites! She thinks she is all that and refuses advise from others - my kind of rival! TPCi did a good job with giving Burgundy a name that keeps the wine theme present with Cabernet, so props to them!

Burgundy was quite... blunt in her evaluation of Ash's Pokemon, but she does have a point about Oshawott thriving for attention. She might not be skilled enough to run her own Connoisseur shop, but she has a few skills. She also right about Ash's unruly Pokemon - one comment and they all attack her! Funny as it was, I thought at least Pikachu was mature enough to take an insult. Remember kiddies, when someone makes fun of you be sure to react with violence!

I'm a bit dissapointed in Cilan's dark side, as it didn't look too dark. He acted a bit too sure of himself and placed all of Ash's Pokemon (minus Pidove) in risk, but he didn't act too different compared to normal. I wanted Evil Cilan!

As for the battle, It was one of the most interesting yet in BW. Cilan's statigies were quite effective, so I hope Ash took notes. If this is Cilan's true battle power, then Ash's win over him at the gym looks even more plot-powered than before. Also, I like the doubled meaning TPCi snuck in with Cilan's comment about attacking Swasbuck from the front and behind.

Overall, I had a great 22 minutes watching this episode. With all of BW's changes and TR's serious role, I only watched BW out of obligation (and to see if Ash ever uses Pidove/Tranquil - poor bird), but Burgundy adds a new spice to this dish that makes me want to order seconds. I can't wait for her return!

---

Burgundy. Who does she think she is? Dissing Ash and his pokemon relationship like that is unacceptable. I mean his pikachu is at the very high level and his friendship with Ash is like extremely high.

Remember, Burgundy is only a C-rank Connoisseur and shouldn't run her own stand according to her Connoisseur handbook. Her dissing Ash's Pokemon was to show off both her inexperience in the profession and her abrasive personality.

How could she not knowing that he's pretty much of experienced trainer who traveled more than one region and few of his pokemon defeated a couple of legendary pokemon. For instance, Charizard crushed Articuno, Pikachu beaten Regice and Latios, and most of all, Sceptile defeated Darkrai in the Sinnoh League after he defeated his rival and enemy who happened to be cruel and more arrogant than she is. As for his unova pokemon, he just caught them.

She might not know about Ash because the Unova region is far away from the regions Ash made all of his accomplishments. Plus, not a lot of people reconize Ash and his accomplishments anyway and BW doesn't reference Ash's past achievements.

Anyway, I'm glad that Cilan schooled Burgundy. But haven't seen the last of her yet. And if Ash has to duel Burgundy in the Unova League(if she keeps getting gym badges), then he would KOed her instantly.

She's pretty focused on getting revenge on Cilan by being a better Connoisseur, so I don't think she'll be earning badges anytime soon. And if she does, there is always room for her to improve.

Shneak
12th June 2011, 5:04 AM
I liked this episode a lot more than the raw. Burgundy is a cool character, and I can't wait to see her come back. I hope we get to see more battles from Cilan. His whole persona changes.

Ne0n-H!tch'd
12th June 2011, 7:26 AM
This was a great plotted episode.

It gave me a lot of what I wanted.

I wanted some background or spotlight on Cilan. I wanted the Connoisseur theme to be delved into more. I wanted more humor. This had it all.

The only thing I was like "OMG and WTF?" about was Burgundy's damn cameltoe...
Why is the camera right up on it? No pervertness here but the animators could've cleared that out or angled somewhere else.

But other than that, this was good! Now, where in the world is Team Rocket?

vipsoccermaster
12th June 2011, 7:49 AM
Fine episode. Burgundy was sort of annoying, though. Didn't like how she insulted Ash's Pokemon, even though she's in the C-Class. The battle between her and Cilan was okay, as well.

Orton155
12th June 2011, 10:41 AM
Welcome to Spring in the Unova region (Thankyou sawsbuck for the confirmation) and this was a great episode. The consutation with Burgandy was very funny, she definately got her own consultation from Ash's Pokemon. The battle was also fine for me. Burgandy was an arrogant girl who let her anger get the better of her and for Cilan to win so easily was just a way to being crashing back down to Earth. Unfortunately, it didn't work and her ego wouldn't allow her to thank cilan for her compliment.

Geekachu
12th June 2011, 12:34 PM
At first I thought this may be just another dull filler episode, but I was delightfully surprised. Firstly I really liked the setting of the large Poke mart, and I was also delighted with the battle. It was good to see Cilan's Dwebble again, especially it using its Shell Smash and X-Scissor combination, which could see it become a really strong Pokemon. One of my favourite parts was seeing Sawsbuck which I think was a good Pokemon to include in the battle. There were also a few parts of the episode that made me laugh too, intentional or not :)

This is also left nicely open for Burgundy to return as Cilan's enemy. All in all, a really good episode.

~Light
12th June 2011, 4:58 PM
I really didn't like this episode.

That girl annoyed me

Remmie
12th June 2011, 6:46 PM
Am I the only one who like Burgundy? I find her quite interesting. I can't wait to see her again in episode 41.

VictiniRaiden
12th June 2011, 10:25 PM
Evaluation time :3

10char

AmusedMilk
13th June 2011, 4:11 AM
Ash:MAN I HATE THIS LINE
Burgundy:How about you come over here?
Ash:SEEMS LEGIT

There were a lot of moments in this episode that made me say 'that's what she said.'

dazzaburb
13th June 2011, 6:05 PM
[QUOTE]Am I the only one who like Burgundy? I find her quite interesting. I can't wait to see her again in episode 41./QUOTE] Is she set to appear in episode 41 for sure? I hope she does.

gliscor&yanmega
13th June 2011, 7:17 PM
Burgundy's name is fitting for her. Her voice as well...it was pretty annoying fits perfectly for her personality. Despite being annoying and stuff, I enjoy her character. And her French was interesting to hear.

Sawsbuck has an ok voice to me, didn't stand out much to me though with everything else going on.

I enjoyed Cilan's dramatic parts, and Burgundy's vision of Cilan being evil to her.

The episode I liked overall, enjoyed watching it again.

DittoDude
14th June 2011, 1:46 PM
"Because this day, is my revenge day!" LOL

Battra
14th June 2011, 6:14 PM
Ok episode Burgundy did come off as a little annoying to me especially with her pushiness on Ash to replace his team, after all his Pokemon attacked her. I did like the dress she was wearing in the flashback it was very cute.

catzeye
15th June 2011, 3:30 PM
Burgundy's name is fitting for her. Her voice as well...it was pretty annoying fits perfectly for her personality. Despite being annoying and stuff, I enjoy her character. And her French was interesting to hear.

This. She is supposed to be annoying and that makes her funny.

Anyways I enjoyed this episode. Cilan looked pretty awesome being somewhat evil. Ash's Pokemon attacking Burgundy was quite amusing.

I can't wait to see her again.

Trainer Orange
15th June 2011, 10:17 PM
This. She is supposed to be annoying and that makes her funny.

Not my brand of humor at all, doh! Rough episode to slog through.

Sabertooth1000000000
20th June 2011, 7:28 AM
This was an amazing episode. Seriously, I can actually call myself a fan of Cilan now.

Lance The Champ
20th June 2011, 6:13 PM
Nice episode Cilan battled well but it was funny that Ash's pokemon were at stake because of that battle...

Darkmagiciangirl
21st June 2011, 10:29 AM
It seems Cilan put into practice Ash's type-disadvantage strategy, however he executed it perfectly, putting that Dewott in it's place.
*Sigh* It seems Nintendo likes the 'crazy types'. I mean I feel sorry for Ash's Pokemon, but not as much as that Burgundy! Hopefully she'll put her crazy in a box, stash it away and never open it again...~*^^

_Taidow_
22nd June 2011, 8:03 AM
After watching it again, I could''t help but picture Sonic the Hedgehog and Amy Rose talking instead of Cilan and Caberbet.

fubufubu
25th June 2011, 2:05 PM
okay.....seeing as how no one ELSE made the joke....I will! at one point in the episode....."Cilan used leer!"

Rebeccag
27th June 2011, 3:11 PM
OMG she was nuts. Glad Clian put her in her place im liking Clian more and more and glad he got an episode to himself. Hope Burnangy never comes back though however she prob will as shes Clians rival.
I did laugh though when Clian put Ashs pokemon up and Ashs face

Locormus
12th July 2011, 11:52 PM
So I'd guess that Burgundy's Sawsbuck doesn't have Sap Sipper then? Okay, weird.. It would've won if it did..

13th July 2011, 1:01 AM
So I'd guess that Burgundy's Sawsbuck doesn't have Sap Sipper then? Okay, weird.. It would've won if it did..

How is it weird? The awesomeness of the battle would have been ruined if Sawsbuck had Sap Sipper and won.

matthewm9
13th July 2011, 5:22 AM
one of my favs

CliveKoopa
2nd September 2011, 6:16 PM
This episode was really funny. Burgundy was a right b***h and her telling Ash that he needs to change his entire party was hilarious. The Cilan fantasy where she made out that him and Pansage were evil was amusing too.

Vernikova
16th June 2012, 5:28 PM
Pokemon episode marathon? Okay.

Burgundy got stomped by Cilan. Stomp episodes are usually pretty good to watch. I could do without all of the bad food puns that those two kept throwing around. This is, ideally, how Ash should be treating his rivals at this point in his battling career but whatever. At least we get to see it from one of the protagonists this time around. Cocky Cilan is probably one of the better characters in this series.

wobbanut
10th July 2012, 1:18 AM
I don't know, I go between liking Burgundy and being indifferent about her. It's something new to have the third member of Team Twerp have a rival. I think the closest previous one was Brock and.... Blaine, I think his name was?... back in "Pokemon Fashion Flash", and that was just one episode. And it was more of a romantic rival! To have an actual ongoing rival for the third member of the troupe is definitely new. Burgundy can be a little annoying, but she's funny too, especially when she rants and raves. :) I definitely like her better than Iris's main foe Georgia, who's joined Ursula on my hated rivals list. I especially liked Ursula's imagined criticism Cilan gave her. LOL

7/10

17th November 2012, 12:58 AM
Burgundy would have been a good character if the writers didn't constantly do the same thing with her. Make her appear at a random tournament, screaming for revenge and then get destroyed and leave, then oh well on to the next revenge plan.........and the next failure.

Basically, if you watched this episode, you just watched everything the writers are willing to do with this bland character.

Fruty Sheep
31st March 2013, 6:55 PM
Haha cool episode, its raping time for Dent, he just destroyed the girl.

Raping time?

Exeggudork
20th February 2014, 2:23 AM
At least Burgundy is a character that has some logic. Like ew who would use a swarm sewaddle, the recommendation she made for Ash made sense.

Also, it would have been funny if it turned out that her Sawsbuck had Sap Sipper.