PDA

View Full Version : What Ash shipping?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DittoDude
22nd February 2011, 2:20 AM
I prefer Pokeshipping.

Vycksta
22nd February 2011, 2:45 AM
A reason as to why would have been :awesome:, but I'll keep this open. Unless people start a war.

omniouswind
22nd February 2011, 7:00 AM
I prefer Pokeshipping, just because its classic and junk. I prefer Dawn and May with other people. Negaishipping comes in second place though; I'm liking their interactions so far, because they're a bit reminiscent of him and Misty.

EzzPeon
22nd February 2011, 7:58 AM
I will go for Negaishipping. It's yaycake cute how they interact.
Good old Pokéshipping comes second.

DittoDude
22nd February 2011, 10:10 PM
I would like to point out that there are no major Misty shippings other than Pokeshipping, but May has Drew, and Dawn has Kenny and Barry, and Iris kinda has Trip

Victorian Rush
22nd February 2011, 11:02 PM
I would like to point out that there are no major Misty shippings other than Pokeshipping, but May has Drew, and Dawn has Kenny and Barry, and Iris kinda has Trip

If Twinleaf is a major Dawn shipping and Flavescent is a major Iris shipping, then Egoshipping is a major Misty shipping. Just saying.

I voted for Pearlshipping.
I prefer May with Drew, Misty with Tracey, and Iris with Cilan (is that his name? I'm used to calling him Dento) so that just kind of leaves Dawn.
Plus, Ash and Dawn were so close during the DP saga and Pearl was the first shipping I ever truly supported, how could I not pick it? It's so cute and IMO, Ash and Dawn are made for each other.
So yeah, for me, it's Pearlshipping for me.

Angry Ancestor
22nd February 2011, 11:03 PM
Advance. I feel like Ash and May would be a perfect couple.

Lord Zant
22nd February 2011, 11:06 PM
^This guy knows where it's at. I voted Advance too.

CyberCubed
22nd February 2011, 11:11 PM
I would like to point out that there are no major Misty shippings other than Pokeshipping,

Orangeshipping was a very popular alternate ship for Misty back when Advanced Generation was airing.

Most of the specials have Tracey visiting Misty at the Gym.

Lorde
22nd February 2011, 11:18 PM
I voted for PokeShipping. Apart from being nostalgic, I really enjoyed the chemistry between Ash and Misty. They always teased each other and they say that when two people tease each other constantly, it means that they actually have deep feelings for one another. There were some other minor hints as well, though I rather not list them all haha. Anyway, I've tried giving the other Shippings a chance and I found them all to be very interesting. However, there is only enough room in my heart for one Shipping, and PokeShipping has taken that place.

-beautifly-
22nd February 2011, 11:35 PM
I think Negaishipping is cute!! :D So is Pearl and Poke, I like May with Drew so I don't support Advanceshipping.

swampert55
23rd February 2011, 2:18 AM
I'll take Advance, please. Besides being very cute, Ash and May have the best dynamics out of all main characters. I kind of sympathise with the Pokeshippers, however, as Misty's been gone so long. I despise Drew so I don't support Contestshipping.

JennaJayfeather
23rd February 2011, 2:20 AM
I voted for PokeShipping (ironic coz of my sig-- or used to be sig XD). I like May with Drew, Dawn with Paul/Barry (not sure yet) and Iris with Dento.

blondekid15
23rd February 2011, 3:57 AM
I voted for Pokeshipping, I'm in love with it. May and Drew are perfect together and I'm in between pairing Dawn with Kenny or Paul (I know Ikari isn't that hinted at but I can't help it, lol) Oh, and I'm loving Wishfulshipping ^^

JetshipperKekkaishi
23rd February 2011, 5:26 AM
Pearlshipping for me.May and Drew work for me.Misty and Gary click together and Iris and Dento are awesome together.Poke and Negai are cute too.But if I had to chose it would be Pearlshipping.I never seen a close relationship like that ever in the Pokemon series. :)

Chaos Emperor
23rd February 2011, 5:36 AM
Pokeshipping FTW!

Nostalgic Hybrid
24th February 2011, 1:55 AM

If Penguinshipping and Twinleafshipping are major Dawn ships, then Orangeshipping is a major Misty ship.
And I wasn't aware that Iris and Trip have had enough interaction to be remotely considered a rival to Negai.

eryyy
24th February 2011, 3:41 AM

If you can consider Penguinshipping and Twinleafshipping major Dawn-shippings and FlavescentShipping a major Iris-shipping, then Orangeshipping and Egoshipping are major Misty-shippings. Just saying.

I voted for Pearlshipping.
First of all, they look super cute together. Dawn wore a cheerleading outfit for some of Ash's gym battles; neither Misty or May went to such lengths to cheer him on, I can't count the number of times they've high fived and there's High Touch, which is just the ultimate Pearlshipping hint, IMO.
I also really really think May and Drew belong together and I also really love Wishfulshipping and Orangeshipping as well.
So yeah, IMO, Ash and Dawn belong together.

floracat
24th February 2011, 4:02 AM
I'm a Negai shipper. I'm one of those people who'll change ships as time goes on. I got into Pokemon at the end of the Advanced Generation series. At that time, I was an Advanceshipper, or at least I think I was. At that time, I was 9, I didn't know about shippings, I didn't see too many Pokemon episodes, and I got into it right as it was ending. The only reason I was an Advanceshipper is because I saw this thing on Youtube about Advanceshipping. And again, I didn't know too much about Pokemon. Now, after alot of debating and thought, I'm now a Contestshipper. I moved after the 4th generation came out, and with all the change, I lost interest in Pokemon. I got MAJORLY interested a few years later, and then I learned more about Pokemon, and got obsessed. Then, I accidentally stumbled on the Anime Shipping list on bulbapedia, and I learned about Pearlshipping. Seeing all their hints, I decided to look at some of those episodes and got hooked. But now, DAWN LEFT!!! I lost faith in Pearlshipping . So now, I'm a Negiashipper!!!!! They're so cute together, and they've great hints for only 20 episodes together. I'm a major Negaishipper now, and I [I]HOPE I won't change when the series is over. Hope, but I probably will. As for Misty, I don't even ship her with any body. Misty's gone, shame.

BlueDragonfangirl
24th February 2011, 5:05 AM
It was a hard choice, between Negai and Pearlshipping but I choose Negaishipping they are so cute together, just love there interaction.

MasterKenobi
24th February 2011, 5:07 AM
In the end this is really just going to end up being a war.

I'd go with whatever Ship is Ash and Misty. I don't have much knowledge behind the names so, whichever that is.

blondekid15
24th February 2011, 5:09 AM
In the end this is really just going to end up being a war.

I'd go with whatever Ship is Ash and Misty. I don't have much knowledge behind the names so, whichever that is.

Hopefully not, I mean we can all respect each other regardless of what shipping we like.

And that would be Pokeshipping ^^

roseiere
24th February 2011, 5:19 AM
For me, it's only ever been Pokeshipping, and that's just always been a fact.
I literally watched Pokemon from the first day it came out, every single day until Misty left. I didn't even know what 'shipping' was until a few years ago. For me, Ash and Misty was synonymous with TK and Kari from Digimon, or Fred and Daphne from Scooby Doo. I just never questioned why I liked them, it just seemed so natural to me.
I'm not going to deny that I'm sentimental. Because I always accepted the fact that I like Pokeshipping, I've never been able to see Ash in a relationship with any one else. I absolutely refuse to start shipping wars though. I accepted a long time ago that shipping is based on interpretation and personal preference, and not every one has the same mindset I do.
I realized one reason why I liked Ash and Misty so much after watching a few AG and DP episodes this summer. Besides the fact that I see their friendship as such a natural thing, Misty's always been Ash's rival. It's a different relationship between May or Dawn with Ash, in my opinion. Ash seems more like a mentor to the two, while Misty and Ash more or less started out on the same level and grew together.

Miss Alexis
24th February 2011, 6:21 AM
so far im not too sure i mean all the ships named out all seem to have a click with other people other than ash, i beleive that it may be a lil too soon for me to decide, but for now ill stick with pokeshipping

PokeL
24th February 2011, 6:24 AM
I'm a Pokeshipper. Always was, always will.

Misty and Ash just have this special kind of 'magic' between them. When I was 6 I already knew that they belonge. And if a 6 year old can figure such things out it means sth ;)
However, the other thing why I support Pokeshipping may be that it has the most hints. Say whatever you want guys, but it's true. You needen't be a Pokeshipper to admit that.
Also Misty is my favorite Pokegirl. She's just special. And she reminds me of myself.

The other thing is I can't imagine Orangeshipping. I dun dislike Tracy but to me they just don't fit. And Ego has Crack. May has Drew (and Contest is just as obvious as Poke), Dawn has either Paul, Kenny, Yun (prefere that name ;)) or Conway (that ship might be not that popular but I like it =pp) and well.. Iris has Dento.

Besides I love Pokeshipping I think Advance is kinda cute. Though to me they're more like best friends but if it doesn't end Poke I'd rather see Advance then anything else.
And I like a few Ash-ships with sidecharacters, too, just like Alto, Ability or Morpheus.

No flamers, my opinion only =p

mew151
24th February 2011, 6:27 AM
I chose Pearlshipping simply because of the way they seem comfortable with one another. One is depressed while the other also feels his/her depression and wanted to be there with one another. They support each other in many ways and it felt natural to me in the relationship the 2 have for one another. The issue obviously is the handling should have increased, but oh well.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy
24th February 2011, 10:08 AM
I support any Ash's ships, that doesn't matter to what Ash is being shipped with.^^Although I ship any of Ash and female lead shippings.. I prefer Pokeshipping, since I grew up with the original season and it became my OTP. (any of his ships are really good too btw..)

Vycksta
24th February 2011, 7:57 PM
In the end this is really just going to end up being a war.Dunno what thread you're reading then cause every post in here so far has been pretty damn decent.

Witchan
24th February 2011, 8:00 PM
I'm not into paiings anymore, but I'll choose Pokeshipping at least.

xDiceyshipping
24th February 2011, 8:23 PM
Pokeshipping, no doubt. (:
I think Pokeshipping is the shipping with the most hints, and when I was little I thought Misty was his girlfriend. I think I started believing that after the episode Ash wanted to capture a ghost-pokemon. I just love that eppi. ^^' Misty cares a lot about him, even though she doesn't like showing it. ;o When the second season started, I was a little bit of a Orangeshipper too. But that faded away.. xD
May has Drew. How can you not love a boy that's giving you roses? xD
Dawn is the girl that needs topick between Paul, Barry or Kenny. I think she likes all 3 boys. Or at least, they like her. 8D
And I just dislike Iris.. She is irritating me. So I stopped watching after the 3th episode. I can't judge, but after I saw some AMV's I think she looks cute with Dento. But, like I said, I can't judge on that one.. xD\

iLoveDratinis
24th February 2011, 8:29 PM
screw it, give him a harem.

Pokemon Master Sean!
24th February 2011, 8:42 PM
Pokeshipping because the most hints and signs came between them two. The degree of the signs where also much more of an impact for a close relationship, than the small signs post-Original series. May and Ash just seems like a huge no-no, there is nothing really between them. Dawn seems more like a student to Ash. Misty and Ash just had that connection which I can't really rationalise, it's down to interpretation anyway. I also quite enjoy the idea of Ash and Misty together, she was my favourite out of Ash's companions.

Lord Zant
24th February 2011, 8:58 PM
screw it, give him a harem.

I could get behind that.

pearlshipping is win
24th February 2011, 10:13 PM
If my name for some reason does not speak for itself I am a pearshipper. While it may not have the most hints, in my opinion, it has the most powerful hints. They have always done everything in sunch with eath other. The high fives were cute, the cheerleading, and the ice cream date are my favorites. I also loved Lyra for trying but I digress.

Palamon
25th February 2011, 7:24 PM
I like Negai shipping. Iris and Ash would make a better couple than anyone else. Pokeshipping is a close second.

travisjb90
25th February 2011, 8:14 PM
I like Negaishipping. I think that Ash and Iris go good together. I felt this way when they met each other. They seem like they will have a cool relationship.

Alliance
26th February 2011, 4:31 AM
I say Pearlshipping, but only because I haven't gotten around to watching any other series but D/P Galactic battles.
The way that Dawn cheers for Ash, how Ash cheers for Dawn, it just fits to me. They just seem a perfect couple.
Advanceshipping comes close. I personally adore May, not sure why, but I do. She and Ash seem a sweet couple in the two movies I've seen them together.

DittoDude
26th February 2011, 2:00 PM
Pearlshipping is my second favorite, but I despise Advanceshipping.

Negaishipping is too new to judge.

TurtwigFan1
26th February 2011, 2:09 PM
PokéShipping, definitely. They had the best chemistry ever and it was really sad to see Misty go. Second would be PearlShipping or AdvanceShipping. Not too keen on NegaiShipping as of yet.

EzzPeon
26th February 2011, 2:09 PM
^ Double post withing 1 minute? Slow down dude.

The only ship of these who doesn't really affect me, is advanceshipping. Just because
I like may and drew together, haha.

Negaishipping is the one I voted for.
Pokeshipping comes second.

Pokemon Master Sean!
26th February 2011, 2:30 PM
PokéShipping, definitely. They had the best chemistry ever and it was really sad to see Misty go. Second would be PearlShipping or AdvanceShipping. Not too keen on NegaiShipping as of yet.

I think I actually cried a little when Misty left.

Flame Mistress
26th February 2011, 2:47 PM
I'm a definite pokeshipper, because Ash and Misty seem to be the perfect couple, as they are both hot-headed and that. Second place goes to pearlshipping, and I prefer May with Drew and Iris with Cilan.

Trainer_Kay
26th February 2011, 8:53 PM
Pokeshipping would be my first choice, due to the fact that I have been watching the show since the beginning and have always pictured them together. They just seem perfect for each other. I'd like to go on with the many reasons why I support Pokeshipping, but i"ll keep it simple for now.

Since Misty isn't on the show anymore (though I am one of those few who will always hope that she makes a return) Negaishipping is my second choice. Iris reminds me of Misty and it seems like the writers gave her some of the old characteristics for nostalgic purposes.

RocketTwurpSLR
26th February 2011, 9:16 PM
ash and misty definatly
they had the best chemistry
ash is more mature round may,dawn and iris
ash was a show off in the original seris and it kinda died after misty left, but when she came back for a episode it returned for a while

they are realy flirty around each other even if they didnt know it , they over argue like a normal couple

and they realy care for each other you can tell ash realy misses her and you can tell how much she loves him.

im sick of people saying they ship ash with the other girls and they never watched the original seris, i mean how can you say they love ash if you havnt wached season 1-5. you realy dont know how much you've missed!

my 10yr old cousin said to me once that ash loves dawn and i was like "he does'nt" an i know for a fact he's only watched the dp saga and a few movies

i think its down to who ash loves at the end of the day--and i think he loves misty!

Oceanus119
26th February 2011, 10:35 PM
For me, it's none of the pairings listed. I'm a big fan of PokeSilverShipping, which is Ash/Lyra.
But if had to choose from the pairings listed on the poll, I'd say Pearl. Ash and Dawn had the best chemistry out of all of the girls he traveled and they were just so close. If PokeSilver didn't happen, my next choice would definitely be Pearl.
I prefer May with Drew, Iris with Cilian, and Misty with Tracey. Plus, I only see Pokeshipping as a brother/sister relation and Advance as a student/teacher relationship.

blondekid15
27th February 2011, 1:18 AM
Plus, I only see Pokeshipping as a brother/sister relation and Advance as a student/teacher relationship.

I can see Pokeshipping being a sort of sibling relationship with the way they argue, but whenever I think of that I remember how Ash looked at Misty during the Ghost At Maiden's Peak episode when she's in her kimono and I think, "I don't think my brother would look at me like that" lol xD I find it to be a relationship where Misty's waiting for Ash to realize she likes him but he's too stupid to figure it out

EifieChan
27th February 2011, 8:33 PM
I think Pokeshipping is best for Satoshi. Kasumi helped him more than any other girl he's traveled with. Iris is just rude Hakura was more of a ibling relationship. the way they always bickered was different from the way Kasumi did it. Hikari, well, she and Satoshi are friends, through and through. They could never be any more than that. Ikarishipping Forever

Remmie
1st March 2011, 3:28 PM
I say negaishipping too.

Oceanus119
2nd March 2011, 1:56 AM
I can see Pokeshipping being a sort of sibling relationship with the way they argue, but whenever I think of that I remember how Ash looked at Misty during the Ghost At Maiden's Peak episode when she's in her kimono and I think, "I don't think my brother would look at me like that" lol xD I find it to be a relationship where Misty's waiting for Ash to realize she likes him but he's too stupid to figure it out

I can see what you mean by that. If my brother ever looked at me like that, I'd shoot him. lol xDD sorry, I just had to say that.

But I just honestly can't see them as anything other then friends. That's just me for you though.

blondekid15
2nd March 2011, 2:28 AM
I can see what you mean by that. If my brother ever looked at me like that, I'd shoot him. lol xDD sorry, I just had to say that.

But I just honestly can't see them as anything other then friends. That's just me for you though.

Haha yeah I would too xD

That's fine, that's your opinion ^^ As for me i think it's a classic waiting love story since Ash is just...way too stupid, lol. although other shippers could say that with a different girl, I just think the AshxMisty pairing has a lot of potential that never happened :( Oh well, I can always just re-watch the first 2 seasons and I'll be a happy pokeshipper xD

Minryu
2nd March 2011, 11:58 PM
I was a definite Pokeshipper... But something about Iris really strikes me. She and Ash just seem to have a great love/hate just like he and Misty used to have. If I remember correctly she's also blushed a few times around Ash. It's going to be fun watching both Ash and Iris mature as this series goes on. When I first saw Iris' design I didn't like her too much, but watching her in the anime has made her my favorite female to date.

Encyclopika
4th March 2011, 5:31 PM
Of them all, I chose Pokeshipping...however! Now that I've been through so much in the series, I'm not so keen on Ash shippings in general. He is oblivious to the notion of romance, and it's just no fun to ship him because his canon reactions are far from what a shipper'd like to see. Fanfics of Ash ships aren't any fun to read either for the same reason.
The only shipping I like here is Pokeshipping because the fanart is still cute. But given the circumstances in canon, Ash is more into Pikachu than any of the girls. XD

Ren the Ryoko
4th March 2011, 5:51 PM
Pallet. Simply Pallet. What can I say? I'm a sucker for it.

As far as gen 5 goes: CafeMocha. Ash/Dento already has awesome fan art.

Felix Thunderheart
5th March 2011, 12:40 AM
I am not going to vote but so far I like Ash and May and Ash and Dawn.

I don't know about negaishipping right now. But I like Ash and Dawn the most right now.

Tokyo Oranges
7th March 2011, 3:21 AM
I simply adore Pokeshipping. Though... Negai shipping is worming its way in as a close second. I love interaction between Ash & Iris, It reminds me a lot of Ash & Misty... If those two were ever to meet... I could see a decent rivalry between the two... whilst ash is perfectly oblivious, as always ;D

Kirthey
7th March 2011, 4:01 AM
Negaishipping, I guess. I hope we get more interaction between the two in the future.

Teshub
9th March 2011, 4:35 PM
Pokeshipping was going to get most votes because the majority of the users here are oldschool type fans who saw the OS first hand, so nostalgia memories are imprinted on them. Even so, Pearlshipping is holding steady considering it doesnt have the nostalgia factor and its not on the current series.

BlueDragonfangirl
11th March 2011, 12:55 AM
I like how many Negaishippers we have here, tons and we are still just in the beginingXD

Mylotic
11th March 2011, 6:32 AM
Pokeshipping is the real and the best. Anyone who Pearlships usually never has watched seasons 1-5. As far as advancedshippers you know good and well it was all about May and Drew through the entire series. He was always gifting her with roses. She almost confessed feelings for him and him for her. He was always trying to save her and she always blushed later on in there relationship when there was interaction. Drew and May are going to marry...seriously.

Back to Pearl -I really really love Dawn but I feel like Dawn and Ash are friends. Ash actually showed reciprocal feelings for Misty especially at the end of the Johto league. He was brokenhearted when they split as oppose to when he left Dawn in twinleaf town and was like ok on to the next. My second place ship and I never thought there would ever be one is Negaishipping. I agree that in some ways Iris is reminiscent of Misty just a little though. Misty was a firecracker true to her red hair. She was a fierce competitor and very outspoken...Iris not so much. However I'm all over this Negaiship. I really like it. It can't replace my Pokeship but I welcome it as a distant 2nd.

Nostalgic Hybrid
11th March 2011, 8:53 AM
I like how many Negaishippers we have here, tons and we are still just in the beginingXD

No one wants to belong to a dead community. Ever since Dawn left, the Pearlshipping forums have been practically dead and those people have been appearing in the Negaishipping thread. Not saying that they only like the ship because it's currently airing, but that's what I'm seeing.
And since Pokeshipping is the most popular apparently, older fans would probably be more likely support and follow it compared to Pearl/Advance due to its similarities.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy
11th March 2011, 9:10 AM
Pokeshipping was going to get most votes because the majority of the users here are oldschool type fans who saw the OS first hand,

yes, but In my case,I used to become a shipper when AG came.It still depends on how or what the shippers' like to a shipping.:)
I also love Negai, but Pokeshipping is still my OTP.

SoulSilverMstr411
11th March 2011, 10:49 AM
Negaishipping?

blondekid15
11th March 2011, 9:37 PM
yes, but In my case,I used to become a shipper when AG came.It still depends on how or what the shippers' like to a shipping.:)
I also love Negai, but Pokeshipping is still my OTP.

Mhmm, and I didn't grow up with Pokemon but when I started watching it when i was 13 i absolutely fell in love with Pokeshipping, it really just depends on people's opinions ^^

Flame Mistress
15th March 2011, 9:56 PM
I don't know why, but I like Pokeshipping (and no, I'm not an oldie, I first got into pokemon when 4th gen came out). I have absolutely no idea how I came to support Pokeshipping.

One ship I absolutely HATE is Advanceshipping. Ash and May... well, it's not the most pleasant idea for me. No offence to Advanceshippers.

As for Negaishipping, I like Wishfulshipping more, and Dawn, um, this might sound weird, but I decided to pair her up with Brock after seeing them crazydancing to distract the psyduck.

Mister Melancholy
17th March 2011, 6:13 AM
Honestly, I ship Ash with practically everyone, my favourites being Palletshipping, Comashipping, Imaginationshipping, Collideshipping, and Dopplegangershipping. Though, if I had to choose from the poll choices, I'd say Pearlshipping. I find their friendship sweet and very endearing. ♥

katnissplant
17th March 2011, 3:18 PM
Hmmm, I've watched Pokemon from the start and I've never been a Pokeshipper. It's tolerable but I don't love it.

I ship Ash with everyone under the sun so really it's hard for me to choose. But probably the one that I ship the most is Advanceshipping.

I'm very what's the word? Liberal with my shippings.

Suicune Fan
17th March 2011, 5:21 PM
For me it's a tie b/w Negai and Advance.

I love Advance b/c of their chemistry and Negai cause it's active and already has many cute hints.
Pokeshipping is heavily one-sided and Pearl is nothing more than a sibling relationship for me. But that's just me

blondekid15
17th March 2011, 9:17 PM
Pokeshipping is heavily one-sided and Pearl is nothing more than a sibling relationship for me. But that's just me

I have to say, pokeshipping (although most hints are from misty, yes) does have quite a few ash hints and those are quite strong (e.x. he blushed, same reaction as misty, when TR said that him and misty were ditching brock and eloping, he got jealous whenever misty was romantically interested in another male and vice versa, etc.) Pearl, i have to say i do like the supporting each other but i see them as friends, not even siblings, just friends.

Espeonic
17th March 2011, 11:23 PM
I chose PokéShipping. I just like the chemistry between Ash and Misty the most. I'm pretty neutral to Advance and Pearl. As for NegaiShipping, even though it's still kind of early for me to say much for that ship, I'm neutral towards it, as well, but Iris seems to have the most similar chemistry with Ash that Misty had with him.

Crystalmew9
17th March 2011, 11:35 PM
I say Advancedshipping because May is my favorite female character in my favorite Pokemon region, and Ash and May've been through a lot together, but the relationship that would turn the most out well would be Pokeshipping.

Why?

Simply because Ash has been with Misty the longest (through two regions), so he'd probably develop the most bondage with her. Plus, she was, like, the first Trainer he met (not counting Gary), in the first episode of his adventure.

Kakujitsu
18th March 2011, 12:00 AM
Pokeshipping ^_^ But Negaishipping works too.
As for May and Dawn, I prefer them with Drew and Paul.

UDI
18th March 2011, 12:38 AM
pearlshipping

ash and dawn is the best couple

little_hen
18th March 2011, 12:42 AM
pearlshipping. (:

Super-Staff
18th March 2011, 1:18 AM
Pearlshipping FTW!
I prefer May with Drew, Misty with Tracey, and Iris with Cilian (is that his name? I'm used to calling him Dento) so that just kind of leaves Dawn.

Those are my favorite pairings for those characters, actually. :) Although, for Ash, I do like him with May as well.

As for Dawn, I do like her with Paul or Barry, pretty much.

Chaos_Umbreon
18th March 2011, 4:36 AM
My personal prefference is Advanceshipping as I find that they had a nice dynamic and their personalities seemed to compliment each other, Contestshipping isn't a problem as I didn't like Drew's attitude.

In terms of Misty, I'm more of an Orangeshipper as all they were showing on TV for a while was the Orange Islands Season and it sort of grew on me.

As for Dawn I never saw much, the most I saw was Conway stalking her but I haven't seen the end of DP as I lost interest just before Snowpoint City so I wouldn't know anything after that.

I can't have much of an oppinion on Iris as I haven't seen any of the B & W Season.

This is just my oppinion, along with what I think of Drew, which is nothing good.

JennaJayfeather
19th March 2011, 5:39 AM
I don't know why, but I like Pokeshipping (and no, I'm not an oldie, I first got into pokemon when 4th gen came out). I have absolutely no idea how I came to support Pokeshipping.

One ship I absolutely HATE is Advanceshipping. Ash and May... well, it's not the most pleasant idea for me. No offence to Advanceshippers.

As for Negaishipping, I like Wishfulshipping more, and Dawn, um, this might sound weird, but I decided to pair her up with Brock after seeing them crazydancing to distract the psyduck.

:D Wow that's actually pretty cool IMO (it amused me very much) especially after Dawn and Brock got bashed for never interacting throughout DP

pickgoldies
23rd March 2011, 11:18 PM
I prefer Pearlshipping. I was never into any sorts of Pokemon shippings until I watched DP and I saw that Ash and Dawn were a really good team together. ^_^ I think they'd be cute together. <3

Tadashi
23rd March 2011, 11:42 PM
I was going to run in here and shout "NONE!" but... after a split-second of hard thinking, I'm going to go the nostalgic route and say Misty.

Everyone and their dog was a Pokéshipper back in the day, and, even though it's far from being my favorite pairing today, it still holds a spot in my heart. Misty has always been my favorite female, because I can relate to her the easiest, and there's always been something about the other 3 that bugs me. Heck, even Team Rocket was supportive of them. You could say it was played up on purpose, especially concerning the dub, but, really, I liked their chemistry very much, and Misty's influence still pops up from time to time, even now.

CyberCubed
24th March 2011, 12:27 AM
Misty's influence? The character hasn't appeared in an episode since way back in 2005 and over two generations ago. Unless you mean a brief lure appearance from back in 2007.

I am going to say no shipping at this point. Misty may never appear in an episode ever again and the other girls all have their supporting ships. I think Takeshi Shudo said he gave up on shipping mid Johto.

ponyboycurtis
25th March 2011, 2:21 AM
i ship ash with may,iris, wendy, and sakura

Graham Aker
26th March 2011, 4:38 PM
Jesus, Misty is massacring this poll.

I am going to say no shipping at this point. Misty may never appear in an episode ever again and the other girls all have their supporting ships. I think Takeshi Shudo said he gave up on shipping mid Johto.

He might have given up shipping, but it was certaintly a big point in May's storyline after he left.

Dawn has a supporting ship since when? She seemed platonic with everyone. Though, they tried to force some crap with Kenny at the very last minute.

I don't really ship Ash with anyone, or ship much in general. But, I can admit when a pairing looks nice. Ash, and all the main girls individually have their own charms I suppose.

CyberCubed
26th March 2011, 4:51 PM
He might have given up shipping, but it was certaintly a big point in May's storyline after he left.

Shudo was the main writer of the original series, he said he gave up on shipping early into Johto because he didn't want the anime to be about love.

This is why Pokeshipping hints came to a halt during the Johto days, and barely appeared at all besides a few episodes.

As for May's storyline, the Contests were easily to put a romance subplot into since they were aimed at girls.

blondekid15
26th March 2011, 7:22 PM
Shudo was the main writer of the original series, he said he gave up on shipping early into Johto because he didn't want the anime to be about love.

This is why Pokeshipping hints came to a halt during the Johto days, and barely appeared at all besides a few episodes.

As for May's storyline, the Contests were easily to put a romance subplot into since they were aimed at girls.

That makes sense now, lol, i was gonna say earlier that it wouldnt make any sense if shipping was supposed to be gone entirely and then they have this guy who constantly gives may roses and they're blushing about each other all the time...so yeah that makes sense now xD

Burnt Flower
27th March 2011, 1:22 AM
Pokeshipping, definitely. I've been a Pokeshipper for 11 years and that won't change even if Misty never appears on the show again.

Wuster
2nd April 2011, 5:57 AM
Advanceshipping- Ash and May learned quite a bit from each other, and the Manaphy Movie was PURE advanceshipping (Luvdisc scene, when Ash puts May into the capsule), and Ash and May, no matter how much they fight, always seem to make up. Misty bullies Ash a lot, she seems to fall more into the older sister category, Dawn into the "Best Friend, Sister" category. May seems to be the only different one, and Iris looks a lot like Misty- constantly bagging on Ash's decisions, ect..I always found pairing Dawn with an OC was the way to go, and I despise ContestShipping, and IkariShipping, so all the better! (No offence)

Hikari Paradise
2nd April 2011, 7:19 AM
Had to go with pokeshipping because Ash and Misty just felt so close. Dawn also seemed to have a close bond with Ash but not quite like Misty did. As for May, it just seemed to me that she forgot Ash was there half the time, and she was obviously more into Drew. For now it's too early to tell what kind of relationship Ash will have with Iris so no opinion on that. Pokeshipping FTW.

rioT6296
2nd April 2011, 4:41 PM
I went with Pearlshipping. I don't know, I just feel like there was something special between Dawn and Ash that wasn't in the other girls' relationships with him.
Idk, it's just my opinion.

Yuppirox
5th April 2011, 8:13 AM
Pearlshipping. (:

Even though it didn't go far with the romance, I still find it to be the most simple, cute and inspirational of all the other Ash centered ships. It's their bond I value the most.

Poke and Negai are fun with the bickering, and Advance didn't really have much going for it other than the few hints here and there (besides, May had Drew).

I'm generally OK with all Ash ships, but Pearl seems so...right. (:

Satoshi
5th April 2011, 8:37 AM
SatoKasu.

Pretty much the only TachiShipping I ever supported in the anime. Kasumi's a cute tsundere and Satoshi looks like Red. I foresee perfectly bred babies. Now make them.

Ashton Nauran
5th April 2011, 10:47 AM
I'm on the fence on all Ash/Satoshi ships. So, I'm kinda in need of informed recommendation.

Should I really choose one and get with a fandom to make up my mind? Or should I just continue going back and forth every time a new female companion appears, never to settle on anything?

Each have their particular, strong pros and cons...

PokeShipping: Pro - First to travel together, have saved each others lives at one point or another.
Con - First male/female dynamic in the series, giving the writers excuse to work them over as much as they could with the short amount of time they thought they had until the series' original end.

AdvanceShipping: Pro - First female to need Ash/Satoshi in her journey development, both the first to go through a region collecting badges/ribbons in their respective competitions.
Con - Their time as student-teacher (the strongest bond they shared) would have eventually ended, and the (first) rival ship is strongest in terms of overall support and evidence.

PearlShipping: Pro - Both have very similar personalities in their determination and aspirations, both have shared and gained several competitive skills in learning from each other.
Con - A rival ship has been made near-canon (in dub), and their final goodbye was not as strong as it could've been.

NegaiShipping, however, has barely begun. Comparisons have been made between Iris and Misty/Kasumi, but that could be counted as a pro or con. That's a matter of opinion.

...Someone wanna help me? Before this thing may be taken down...

Graham Aker
5th April 2011, 11:25 PM
PearlShipping: Pro - Both have very similar personalities in their determination and aspirations, both have shared and gained several competitive skills in learning from each other.
Con - A rival ship has been made near-canon (in dub), and their final goodbye was not as strong as it could've been.

What rival ship has been made "near Cannon"? I hope you're not referring to Kenny. Just because in the dub she called him handsome ( or cool, in the jap version.) doesn't mean she is suddenly in love with him or anything. It's pretty one-sided on Kenny's part. Unless proven otherwise. All we have to go on is her "cool" comment. People call others "cool" all the time, so I don't really see any signs of her being interested in him. Most of his appearances she seemed annoyed, or just friendly with him. Dawn didn't have a romantic interest in him, or anybody else really.

At any rate, May has been shown to be interested in Drew. Misty did show a interest in Ash, but it didn't amount to anything in the 13+ years of this show. Iris, is really too soon to tell.

Satoshi
5th April 2011, 11:47 PM
Everyone pretty much compliments each other with the word kakkoii in the Japanese version. It really doesn't mean anything. Guys do it with each other, people do it to their Pokemon.

And lol, someone edited my post even though I was just joking. Wouldn't purposely offend fellow shippers of my anime OTP. >_>

blondekid15
6th April 2011, 12:33 AM
Kasumi's a cute tsundere and Satoshi looks like Red. I foresee perfectly bred babies. Now make them.

Lol, yes, Kasumi is an adorable tsundere, and Satoshi is so dense it makes the couple all the cuter (the fact that one won't admit their feelings and the other is oblivious to it makes the couple happening all the more desirable). Although Red is a flirt in the manga, right?

Anyways, I just wish Satoshi and Kasumi ended up together, they were the cliche best friends who would get together at the end of the series, since there was only supposed to be one season and movie, and at that point Kasumi was Satoshi's only love interest...After that their hints only increased in the 2nd season which could lead to the belief that they were still going to have them end up together but then as someone said before, one of the writers gave up on shipping during the Jhoto series, unfortunately :(

Satoshi
6th April 2011, 12:41 AM
Lol, yes, Kasumi is an adorable tsundere, and Satoshi is so dense it makes the couple all the cuter (the fact that one won't admit their feelings and the other is oblivious to it makes the couple happening all the more desirable). Although Red is a flirt in the manga, right? Red's Electric Tale of Pikachu counterpart, Satoshi, is a sort of a flirt, but Red from Pokemon Special is more similar to Satoshi from the anime when it comes to love. He has two girls on him (arguably three, which includes Kasumi, Yellow, and maybe Blue) and he doesn't do anything about it. He's not as oblivious to love as Satoshi is, but he's just as incompetent and uncaring as Satoshi. Heck, Manga PokeShipping is pretty much the same as PokeShipping, only Kasumi's feelings for Red are stated outright internally and she doesn't get angry at Red like she does with Satoshi in the anime (since her manga counterpart isn't a tsundere).

However, Red from the games is too cool to flirt with girls. They flirt with him.

Anyways, I just wish Satoshi and Kasumi ended up together, they were the cliche best friends who would get together at the end of the series, since there was only supposed to be one season and movie, and at that point Kasumi was Satoshi's only love interest...After that their hints only increased in the 2nd season which could lead to the belief that they were still going to have them end up together but then as someone said before, one of the writers gave up on shipping during the Jhoto series, unfortunately :(Well, at least people won't be disappointed when another ship comes true and the one they prefer doesn't. :P I think it works out better that way.

The first movie thing is debatable, but it does seem that way from the trailer, depending on how you view it.

Hoennmaster1
6th April 2011, 7:01 PM
Advanceshipping.

May and Ash are the best!

MidnightMelody
10th April 2011, 9:04 PM
What do we call AshXJessie?

SnowyPiplup
10th April 2011, 9:29 PM
Advanceshipping. I hate Dawn and Iris, and Misty and Ash seem to cliche for some reason.

ADVluv4life
20th April 2011, 6:51 AM
ADV all the way!!!! I have loved this pairing ever since I saw the first episode with May in it. They just click for me, I really don't know why.

This is coming from a girl who grew up thinking Ash and Misty would make the best couple (before I knew shippings existed). But when I watched the AG I just love their little moments.

Ash and May look perfect for each other and the teacher/student relationship was also a great add. Ash actually knew more then someone at the beginning of a journey- and could use that knowledge to help them. The fact that he helped change May's total opinion about Pokemon pushed this pair on me too.

I DISLIKE with a PASSION Contestshiupping- Drew just seems too harsh, if I was in May's position I would hate it if he insulted me on a back-to-back basis then handed me a rose. It doesn't make up for anything that would have come out of his mouth minutes/hours/days before or after I get that rose.

I can support Poke/Pearl/Negai because I can see how these pairings are represented- I mean there isn't much I can argue with anyway, I DO NOT want any fights. But on ther other hand- like other people, clearly, I don't take other shipping hints as seriosuly (a few maybe, but not a lot at all)

That's it...I didn't need this much info in here...I don't think...but anyway, that's my opinion.

Vycksta
20th April 2011, 8:02 PM
What do we call AshXJessie?Redshipping.

Next time use What's This Ship Called, please.

bulber
5th May 2011, 3:57 AM
POKESHIPPING of course!

Ash and Misty, together forever.

Anyway I also beleive in

Contestshipping (May and Drew)

WishfulShipping (Iris and Cilan)

and whatever Dawn and Kenny are.

JetshipperKekkaishi
5th May 2011, 5:27 AM
Most of you guys chose Pokeshipping cause it the first shipping appear in the anime.To tell the truth I love each one of the Ash ships.I really don't want to take sides even if I'm a Major Pearlshipper. Each Ash ships is differnet so the relationship between Ash and the girls are different in their own way. Ash treat each one different then each other.So it makes no sense to say that Ash has a crush on someone. I love the Ash ships.To me each of the Ash ships have their own poteniel of happen but Pokemon is a kids show so I don't see any Ash pairing happening.

Suerte17
7th May 2011, 12:45 AM
I haven't kept up with the anime since the Advanced days, but from what I've seen of the newer episodes, I'd have to say that I like Ash with Iris more than the others. All I remember of his interactions with Misty is a bunch of yelling. I don't remember very much chemistry between them aside from a few moments. I didn't see much between him and May/Dawn, either, but the latter may be because I didn't watch too many episodes of the DP series.

However, when he met Iris, they seemed to have kind of an easygoing friendship going on between them aside from the teasing. It was a nice change of pace from the typical love-hate relationships he had with the others.

All of this in my opinion, of course. No offense to anyone else. ^^

draya the dark master
22nd May 2011, 12:19 AM
misty was ash's original bum buddy... so its pokeshipping FTW!!!

Gazmof
23rd May 2011, 5:48 AM
I've always been an Advanceshipper, and that's what got me into the whole shipping fandom. Even after all these years it's still my OTP, and I don't think that will ever change. There's just something about Ash and May's chemistry that I love and never found him sharing with any other girl throughout the series. I haven't seen BW so I can't comment on Iris, but overall I think I mainly support Ash with May because it seemed like they just clicked straight away more so than any other couple they make the most sense to me. They would just make a fantastic couple.

QueenZoroark
23rd May 2011, 8:32 PM
I don't mean to bash or anything, but it says 'Ash shippings' so why are there only four on the list? And why only with girls? A lot of people like the other Ash pairings, and Advance, Pearl, poke, and Negai aren't the only ones. My biggest Ash pairing is Comashipping, but I do admit I still have a little love for PokeShipping, considering I love Misty and it's almost canon. The other girls...Iris and May are okay, but Dawn...I'm not gonna say anything about her here.

Again, I don't mean to be rude, I don't mean to bash, but the list should be bigger.

Sgeckledorf Spoongeblorb
23rd May 2011, 8:54 PM
Pikatheftshipping (Ash x Hunter J) is pretty beast.

Money-obsessed, soulless bounty-hunter-serial-killer on naďve little boy action is where it's at!

Everyone knows a desire to mercilessly kill someone on sight in the most painful way possible is a form of repressing one's true love!

Đămon Howe
26th May 2011, 5:00 AM
Advanceshipping; for a simple reason, I can't stand seeing May with anyone else. It's above all my favorite ship.

I really don't like pokeshipping, but if I had to choose, it'd be my second choice.

Pearlshipping...it's alright, but Dawn is just way too ditzy. At least Misty has a pure heart AND a head on her shoulders.

Not even getting onto the other one...negaishipping? Ash should be too old by now, she should be too young.

BlueDragonfangirl
26th May 2011, 8:02 AM
Advanceshipping; for a simple reason, I can't stand seeing May with anyone else. It's above all my favorite ship.

I really don't like pokeshipping, but if I had to choose, it'd be my second choice.

Pearlshipping...it's alright, but Dawn is just way too ditzy. At least Misty has a pure heart AND a head on her shoulders.

Not even getting onto the other one...negaishipping? Ash should be too old by now, she should be too young.

Well Ash isn't too old at all, he's been confirmed to be 10 in the new series. So age is not a problem for Negaishipping, I'm kind of confused about your Misty pure heart comment but meh.

Simon Alexander
26th May 2011, 8:19 AM
Pfft, I can't see Ash with anyone other than Paul. Ash OTP right thurr. Though I do like the imagery of Palletshipping, I don't think the relationship itself would go well. I feel like Ash still has a lot of resentment towards Gary still, even though they're friends now. With Paul, however, Ash seems pretty forgiving and their dynamic is just better.

Yeah, Ash only likes boys in my mind, so what?

Đămon Howe
26th May 2011, 2:56 PM
Well Ash isn't too old at all, he's been confirmed to be 10 in the new series. So age is not a problem for Negaishipping, I'm kind of confused about your Misty pure heart comment but meh.

....I find it weird regardless how he's been 10 for 11 years....but eh, whatever. Iris has WAY to much hair on her head for it to be healthy.

Misty, while having a fiery temper, has shown throughout her part as a main character to really have a deep and loving heart (first movie when she shouted after Ash apparently died, 2nd movie where she settled her differences to save Ash...I'm sure there's others). That's more or less what I meant, was too tired to explain myself.

Lord Zant
26th May 2011, 6:44 PM
Advanceshipping is in second place? Dang! Everybody that voted for it should really start frequenting the thread

To add to reasons against Iris, I don't really like her attitude or the way it affects Ash. She brings him down into childish squabbles all to frequently in my opinion.

Ideally I would ship her with Gary... I think he'd be able to handle her personality better.

Flamle
26th May 2011, 7:02 PM
Perhaps it's just me being a die-hard Season 1 fan, but I've always been a firm supporter of PokeShipping.

Aegon
26th May 2011, 7:17 PM
Advanceshipping is in second place? Dang! Everybody that voted for it should really start frequenting the thread

To add to reasons against Iris, I don't really like her attitude or the way it affects Ash. She brings him down into childish squabbles all to frequently in my opinion.

Ideally I would ship her with Gary... I think he'd be able to handle her personality better.
Yeah, that's the reason I don't like NegaiShipping. She doesn't seem to make him a better person, while Dawn did, so I voted for PearlShipping. I think Ash and Dawn have a good chemistry.

couplesupporter
28th May 2011, 3:40 AM
I really like Pearlshipping but I like NegaiShipping too. Both Iris and Ash have this personality that seems to click

catzeye
28th May 2011, 4:08 AM
I chose Pearlshipping, I really enjoyed that shipping throughout the Diamond and Pearl saga.

I honestly respect Pokeshipping but it's just not my cup of tea. I prefer Orangeshipping.
Advanceshipping is cute but I'm a diehard Contestshipper.
With Iris I love Wishfulshipping.

However Comashipping is still my OTP for Ash. Hehe...don't ask.

thewookie1
28th May 2011, 6:11 AM
Ash is shipping Royal Caribbean

I like Pearlshipping, Contestshipping, Orangeshipping

The rest I don't mind except for the same gender ones and Ikarishipping which to me makes no sense

Araleon
10th June 2011, 5:21 AM
I've been a Pokeshipper since before I knew what shipping was. It might be nostalgia, and I've played with Advanceshipping in my head, but in the end it always comes back to Pokeshipping.

Elision
19th June 2011, 8:11 PM
I voted for Negaishipping because Ash and Iris have this connection of somesort and their the trio have had probably the most chemistry throughout the show. I would choose Pearlshipping as my second choice because I found out about ships at the beggining of DP.

I never liked Pokeshipping or Advancedshipping even though I started watching Pokemon at the end of the generation II and I think that the advanced generation was also showing then aswell, I liked that generation, mainly because it had the best theme songs. Hehe *Looks sly*

Breeder Drew
30th June 2011, 3:51 PM
I've always prefered Advanceshipping. IMO Ash and May had the best interactions out of all the characters. That and they just look cute together.

kyogreblue3
1st July 2011, 9:58 PM
I voted for NegaiShipping. Sure, PokeShipping is an okay shipping, too, but when I was picking between the two I accidentally voted for NegaiShipping while I was still thinking about which one was better :D. AdvanceShipping is a no for me because I'm a ContestShipper. and PearlShipping . . . no comment.

Samantha Sparks
4th July 2011, 1:52 PM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO IMAGINATIONSHIPPING!
Bah, its not that Popular anyways. Bianca is a lil' too old for Ash anyways...

I vote, Pearlshipping.

Flying Raichu
4th July 2011, 1:56 PM
My vote goes for PearlShipping. Ash and Dawn are already very close.
Of course, none of these ships will ever happen anyway.

Vulpixi_Misa
5th July 2011, 3:28 AM
I was such a die hard romantic when I was a kid, so I always read Pokeshipping fics and stuff. My cousin and I would talk about it from time to time, the Pokeship hints.

But I wasn't really serious about ships until later on and Advanceshipping became my Pokemon OTP involving Satoshi. (Which is odd since I was all over Hoennshipping since May came in, but I guess the games never involve me with the fandom much.) I think I fell in love with how mature Ash had become and how he was teaching May, even though he doesn't do Contests. Also, can anyone say movie 9?

I know Contestshipping is the big thing but I'm lame and I actually haven't watched a lot of episodes with Drew, probably because I don't like the guy too much. I'd rather ship her with Dawn before I would ship May with Drew.

And Comashipping of course, if anyone could tell by my signature. Also, Collide and Kodak are kind of cute too. >x>

sceptile33
5th July 2011, 7:32 AM
I don't watch the anime anymore, but I will always be fond of Advanceshipping.
I guess it's because I watched 3rd generation the most in the anime, and I think Drew is a jerk.

Empoleon144
6th July 2011, 1:56 AM
Pearlshipping FTW!
I prefer May with Drew, Misty with Tracey, and Iris with Cilian (is that his name? I'm used to calling him Dento) so that just kind of leaves Dawn. Plus, Ash and Dawn were so close during the DP saga and Pearl was the first shipping I ever truly supported, how could I not love it? It's so cute and IMO, Ash and Dawn are perfect for each other.
So yeah, for me, it's Pearlshipping for me.

Exactly the same here,

KaitxKidnap
6th July 2011, 2:34 AM
I have to say, even though I'm not a huge fan of Sinnoh, Dawn is super cute. Pearlshipping all the way.

Shooti
14th July 2011, 5:22 AM
In order for me, it goes something like this:

1.Pikashipping(unromantically)
2.Advanceshipping(romantically)
3.Negaishipping(romantically)
4.Palletshipping(unromantically)
5.Comashipping(unromantically)
6.Pokeshipping(romantically)
7.Imaginationshipping(unromantically)
8.Collideshipping(unromantically)
9.Abilityshipping(romantically)
10.Bouldershipping(unromantically)
11.Pokeshilvershipping(romantically)
12.Altoshipping(unromantically)

I ship Ash just too much....Satoshi is very shippable:D

Eternal Draconic
18th July 2011, 9:46 PM
I vote POKESHIPPING.

that ship has a better chance of becoming canon then any other.

arbiter7x
19th July 2011, 8:03 AM
yeah, Pokeshippping, based on their interactions in the first season, which is by far the one with most storyline and plot

Secret Mew
19th July 2011, 10:29 AM
I think we all know that Pokeshipping is near enough canon. With the endless hints between Misty and him in the tv series aswell as the romantic songs where Misty actually tells Ash that she loves him (Mistys Song and we can't forget Under The Mistletoe!) and even the fact he still carries her lure! I mean, c'mon! It's just so sweet. Hence why it got my vote. I think the only reason that not much romance was seen between the two was the same reason for not involving those two songs in the tv series (though it's all there on the official CDs) which would be... HELLO! 4Kids!!

CyberCubed
19th July 2011, 4:45 PM
aswell as the romantic songs where Misty actually tells Ash that she loves him (Mistys Song and we can't forget Under The Mistletoe!)

These are two dub creations of 4kids from back in 1999, which really have no bearing on what the Japanese writers do with the anime. This is the same 4kids who said that Arbok evolves into Seviper, so its not like all those dub alterations 4kids did all those years ago effect the Japanese anime at all. Not to mention that ridiculous Pokemon Live movie where it was implied Giovanni was Ash's father...yeah.

There's not much reason to put stock into dub creations, they don't really have anything to do with the Japanese writers.

Eternal Draconic
20th July 2011, 1:14 AM
^ Actually, I think there may have been a japan only song, that also supported it.

eryyy
20th July 2011, 1:28 AM
^ Actually, I think there may have been a japan only song, that also supported it.

As far as I know, there aren't any Japanese PokeShipping songs. Only dub songs.

JetshipperKekkaishi
20th July 2011, 7:01 AM

Sorry but there aren't any japanese Pokeshipping songs. Only dub. And Far as I know Spanish dub. Never a Japanese one. As Far as I know to my knowledge.

nikkissippi121
21st July 2011, 6:41 PM
Out of those, AdvanceShipping. But BoulderShipping is my favorite! ♥

Shooti
23rd July 2011, 5:40 AM
As far as I know, there aren't any Japanese PokeShipping songs. Only English ones.

I've seen some Pokeshippers claiming that the Pokemon movie 2000 ending song called "Toi Et Moi" is the Japanese song referring to SatoKasu, but this is debatable.

Vulpixi_Misa
23rd July 2011, 6:52 PM
I've seen some Pokeshippers claiming that the Pokemon movie 2000 ending song called "Toi Et Moi" is the Japanese song referring to SatoKasu, but this is debatable.

If Pokeshippers want to talk like that, then Sowelu's "Mamoru Beki Mono" in movie 9 is SatoHaru's song. I'm just saying. ._.

Question though, out of the male Satoshi shippings, why is CafeMocha so popular? I would think it was sort of like a Bouldershipping equivalent but Bouldershipping was never as popular. I think CafeMocha has more fans than Negai!

gohan5
23rd July 2011, 8:25 PM
If Pokeshippers want to talk like that, then Sowelu's "Mamoru Beki Mono" in movie 9 is SatoHaru's song. I'm just saying. ._.

Question though, out of the male Satoshi shippings, why is CafeMocha so popular? I would think it was sort of like a Bouldershipping equivalent but Bouldershipping was never as popular. I think CafeMocha has more fans than Negai!

Well that has to do mostly with Cilan's popularity. Cilan in my opinion has already exceeded Brock's popularity and Best Wishes is still new. Cilan fits the bishounen apperance that has gained many fans. Brock had a likeability factor but I'm not sure he was a bishounen. Add that with Ash who also may be considered somewhat of a "bishie" and you've got a pretty popular male shipping. I agree it's interesting considering this has never happened before with CafeMocha arguably being more popular than Negai, Wishful, or even BestWishesShipping (AshxIrisxCilan).

UDI
23rd July 2011, 8:59 PM
pearlshipping of course

super riolu31
25th July 2011, 6:33 AM
Advancedshipping all the way. Who doesnt like the way May looks with ash?

vodor
29th July 2011, 3:40 PM
;334;Pokeshipping probably gonna be a cannon,;334;
There 2 reason I feel that way
;025;1)Ash haven't got a Official Same Aged Female Rival, nither Main or Proper Rival
I mean, Haven't u find it werid, It already pass almost 14 year & only female rival Ash got Is Bianca who happen to be older then Ash
Bianca suppose to be 10 like Ash but for some unknown reason Writer make her older,
Plus Just Name me A Preteen Female Pokemon Battler Ash Met who is experience & Strong as Ash & his other Rival:509:
The only Name U gonna find is Macy Who appear at the Sliver Conference
;133;All the other Preteen Female Pokemon Battler Ash Met Ether just Started their Journey Or gonna start their Journey:509:
All the other Strong female pokemon Trainer are happen to be a Gym leader, Coordinator, or Pursueing some other goal Like Iris & Misty
:635:If I were a girl I would accuse the writer for being unfair for not bring a preteen female pokemon battler strong as Ash's other rival:635:
The Way Writer prevent Ash From Having Female rival make me think they must be affraid of the fact that a relation between Ash & Rival might be too Good for them to resist and It might gain over whelming popularity
That Might be the reason for Writer to avoid Bring a female rival
;334;Another reason would be that Writer planning on bring A preteen Girl as Ash Rival on Ash's Final pokemon journey
;025;2)Amomg 4 girl directly fall for Ash in TV Series ,Misty is the only cute one & other 3 aren't cute at all;025;
This is Strange too,I mean Why haven't the writer make any other cute girl beside Misty Directly fall for Ash
In The Summer Camp the artist Create A lot of cute girl who played minor role But girl who played a Major role in their & Fall for Ash called Angie, Writer make her so boyish And so unattractive, I mean She not even look Femine Why;492;
It's the same with Macy, Anabel. Among all 3 of them only Anabel Look a little Pretty but she's no match for Misty. Movie girl does count cause they doesn't appear on tv show.
Even Other girl who fall for Drew happen to Be 100 time Prettier Then Anabel, Angie & Macy. Plus She happen to be a Match for Misty on look's term
;492;In other Word The Writer unwilling to have any cute girl beside Misty fall for Ash.If they have to do it then they make sure the girl doesn't look cute at all:635:
Dawn & May,both their feeling still a fannon, No matter how many shipper disagree in it Truth is Truth;275;
In Iris's case, we don't know if she fall for plus there no sureity that Iris better looking then Misty or just as cute as her
This are the Reason
:635:Anyway, If this is True Then I am Disgusted With the Writer:635:,
I mean, If He Want Misty to be the true Heroin then Improve her, Don't hold other cute girl falling for Ash for this reason;334;
I mean make Misty fight for Ash Rather then hand him in over to Misty like he is a piece of Candy :509:
Even Misty fan's will be disgusted in this cause it is some way of Insulting Misty ;460;

Shooti
29th July 2011, 5:50 PM
;334;Pokeshipping probably gonna be a cannon,;334;
There 2 reason I feel that way
;025;1)Ash haven't got a Official Same Aged Female Rival, nither Main or Proper Rival
I mean, Haven't u find it werid, It already pass almost 14 year & only female rival Ash got Is Bianca who happen to be older then Ash
Bianca suppose to be 10 like Ash but for some unknown reason Writer make her older,
Plus Just Name me A Preteen Female Pokemon Battler Ash Met who is experience & Strong as Ash & his other Rival:509:
The only Name U gonna find is Macy Who appear at the Sliver Conference
;133;All the other Preteen Female Pokemon Battler Ash Met Ether just Started their Journey Or gonna start their Journey:509:
All the other Strong female pokemon Trainer are happen to be a Gym leader, Coordinator, or Pursueing some other goal Like Iris & Misty
:635:If I were a girl I would accuse the writer for being unfair for not bring a preteen female pokemon battler strong as Ash's other rival:635:
The Way Writer prevent Ash From Having Female rival make me think they must be affraid of the fact that a relation between Ash & Rival might be too Good for them to resist and It might gain over whelming popularity
That Might be the reason for Writer to avoid Bring a female rival
;334;Another reason would be that Writer planning on bring A preteen Girl as Ash Rival on Ash's Final pokemon journey
;025;2)Amomg 4 girl directly fall for Ash in TV Series ,Misty is the only cute one & other 3 aren't cute at all;025;
This is Strange too,I mean Why haven't the writer make any other cute girl beside Misty Directly fall for Ash
In The Summer Camp the artist Create A lot of cute girl who played minor role But girl who played a Major role in their & Fall for Ash called Angie, Writer make her so boyish And so unattractive, I mean She not even look Femine Why;492;
It's the same with Macy, Anabel. Among all 3 of them only Anabel Look a little Pretty but she's no match for Misty. Movie girl does count cause they doesn't appear on tv show.
Even Other girl who fall for Drew happen to Be 100 time Prettier Then Anabel, Angie & Macy. Plus She happen to be a Match for Misty on look's term
;492;In other Word The Writer unwilling to have any cute girl beside Misty fall for Ash.If they have to do it then they make sure the girl doesn't look cute at all:635:
Dawn & May,both their feeling still a fannon, No matter how many shipper disagree in it Truth is Truth;275;
In Iris's case, we don't know if she fall for plus there no sureity that Iris better looking then Misty or just as cute as her
This are the Reason
:635:Anyway, If this is True Then I am Disgusted With the Writer:635:,
I mean, If He Want Misty to be the true Heroin then Improve her, Don't hold other cute girl falling for Ash for this reason;334;
I mean make Misty fight for Ash Rather then hand him in over to Misty like he is a piece of Candy :509:
Even Misty fan's will be disgusted in this cause it is some way of Insulting Misty ;460;

I lot of off topic matter is included in your post. Quite frankly some of the matter you posted may also be considered as offensive material directed towards certain characters. Forgive me if I misunderstood you English.

bigtukker
31st July 2011, 5:04 PM
Advanced or Negai Shipping

Buchou
2nd August 2011, 9:11 PM
Gonna go with Pokeshipping. Oh the nostalgia.

JPS97
2nd August 2011, 9:23 PM
Going to be Advance for me. Misty is just mean to Ash and Dawn is ok. Iris is meh. The thing that really won me over was movie 9...contestshippers hated that movie i'm sure.
-JPS97

Turtlestarf
2nd August 2011, 9:28 PM
I go with Advance Shipping. I just think May is a better choice for Ash. Don't know why, just do.

Xashlei
7th August 2011, 8:18 AM
I can't seem to ship Ash with anyone other than Misty, sorry. I can't support Advance since May I think is better with Drew, nor Pearl because I think Dawn would be more of a friend than lover. No opinion on Negai.

fish95
7th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Pokeshipping

Reason being among a few more

He cried when Misty left he didn't show too much emotion when May and Dawn left, even when Brock left for the second and third time he didn't cry

Flame Mistress
7th August 2011, 12:32 PM
Pokeshipping, defo. I can't stand anything else, except for Pearlshipping, which was my Ash shipping before I found out about Misty (I'm a 4th gen starter...). So yeah.

PrismaticPrincessAnna
8th August 2011, 1:04 AM
I prefer Ash with Misty 4ever :3 nya~

wdcwomen
23rd August 2011, 9:31 PM
Personally, Advance FTW! But, Poke comes in a very, very, very close second.

As for why I support Advance, it's mostly because I think the first Pokemon episode I ever watched had May in it. They seem to have more of a connection.

But, I also ship May and Steven...

Pokegirl Fan~
23rd August 2011, 9:35 PM
I loke both Pearlshipping and Pokeshipping.

Wolfgirl44
23rd August 2011, 9:51 PM
I like Pokeshipping best, because yay, my childhood.

Soiherdyouliekme
24th August 2011, 7:09 PM
AdvanceShipping for me, although I'd be okay with PearlShipping.

Meowth City
24th August 2011, 7:37 PM
Definitely Pokeshipping. Ash and Misty are my favourite characters in the show, and this shipping is what got me into shippings in the first place.

Tericarax
24th August 2011, 9:26 PM
Thanks the bugs. I wrote a great one, but everything was deleted. uu
So...I'll just write another. *sigh*

Satoshi and Kasumi have, to me, the best relation in the whole anime. As said before, they usually tease each other (and also get in arguments), and it is usually said that this is a way of showing deeps feelings for each other.
When Kasumi left, Satoshi cried, but not for Hiruka nor Hikari, wich proves that his relationship with Kasumi was special, strongest (after all, they travelled together for a loong time).

Another clue I could give would be...My brain. As usual with any - normal - being, the brain gives orders, and the body follows. When I think of Satoshi and Kasumi (not kissing, since they are only kids, and love is...Oh, I don't have much time and I'm tired, to be short, love = instinct of reproduction), my brain is okay. But when I might just even consider the idea of another shipping...Well, you see what a magnetic storm is? Now, imagine it in your head. Awfull, isn'it?
But I'm out the thread.

Another "proof" would be the video that was the first trailer of the movie Mewtwo strikes back, where in the end, there seems to be Kasumi with her daughter, and speaking of her father, Satoshi. But since it never appeared, this is not cannon.

If any shipping was to become cannon, it would be this one, in my opinion; nostalgia apart, seriously. And what nostalgia might I speak of? In my youth, it was Advanced Gen, not Kanto (you don't know how I'm frustrated of this)!

In four words like in two hundred and sixty-nine: Pokeshipping FMB

FMB: For My Brain.

I mean no offense to anyone. I'm just trying to show you my thinkings.

~Kari~
1st September 2011, 10:11 PM
Pokeshipping, Ash and Misty look cute together!
I don't like Pearlshipping, Dawn should be with Paul

McIntyre
2nd September 2011, 4:05 PM
I'm gonna have to go with good old Pokeshipping. Yes, she can be annoying. But Misty just grew on me after a while and I've never really changed my shipping for any characters. I also prefer May and Dawn with other characters. As for Iris...I just don't like her.

SouthParkPikachu
2nd September 2011, 4:20 PM
Pokeshipping.

SapphireRaichu
8th September 2011, 3:54 AM
Pokeshipping is my choice

DexHolderBlue
8th September 2011, 3:59 AM
I've gotta go with Advanceshipping. I always did think Ash and May were fit for each other and look nice together.

Marbi Z
19th September 2011, 3:29 AM
Assuming Pokeshipping means what I think it means I'll go with that.

~Lati~
20th September 2011, 9:25 AM
May I pick none? If so, then Altoshipping all the way.

Zoruagible
23rd September 2011, 2:31 AM
Out of these, i'd choose Pokeshipping

MuffinPaula
23rd September 2011, 2:38 AM
I gotta go with Pokeshipping. Since pretty much she was the 1st girl to travel with Ash until everyone else decided to jump in.....also I think they were cute. Notice the pattern in greatest to least XDD

xEryChan
23rd September 2011, 7:08 PM
I gotta go with Pearlshipping for this. I've been a fan of the anime since it first debuted (I'm 25 people) and I just love Ash and Dawn together.
My next choice would have to be good old Pokeshipping. I grew up watching the original series and I just loved the interactions Ash and Misty had

Meowth City
24th September 2011, 2:54 PM
I gotta go with Pokeshipping. Since pretty much she was the 1st girl to travel with Ash until everyone else decided to jump in.....also I think they were cute. Notice the pattern in greatest to least XDD
Yeah, I noticed that pattern. I, too, am a Pokeshipper but I don't mind any of the other girls. But, if Ash had to date another girl then I would want him with someone else outside of the group. I tend to ship May with Drew, Dawn with Kenny or Cynthia, and I'm not sure about Iris yet.

CyberCubed
25th September 2011, 7:14 AM
. But, if Ash had to date another girl then I would want him with someone else outside of the group.

Agreed, I don't know why this poll is just about the main girls.

There are plenty of other people Ash is shipped with, like Angie and Anabel, Macy or Melody, Latias/Bianca, or even one-off characters. Not to mention with Gary or Paul too.

There is also always usually at least one filler character per season that likes Ash.....back in DP it was Angie...I am waiting to see who it is in BW,

muslera86
28th September 2011, 1:47 PM
Pokeshipping, and ive felt that way since season 1!
May would have been my second choice, but I think she belongs with Drew~

Lumineon457
1st October 2011, 3:51 AM
May I pick none? If so, then Altoshipping all the way.

;380; Yes. Definitely. Although, I used to be a BanShipper (Erika) for no reason whatsoever, until I saw Pokémon Heroes. I just never was a PokéShipper. I guess I'm a rebel.

♠Blood Bountou♠
4th October 2011, 5:56 AM
Pokéshipping. Despite Advanceshipping being the first ship I actively shipped, Misty's return at the beginning of the Battle Frontier reminded me of all the interaction she had with Ash in the past and all of my memories of "the good ol' days" when I had yet to reach the double digits.

I have nothing against the other shippings listed, I actually enjoy all of them. Pokéshipping is just the one I like the most and is my default pairing for Ash and for Misty.

razorrozar7
11th October 2011, 10:18 PM
I always felt like Ash and May had a better dynamic as a couple than Ash and Misty. Never even considered any of the other ships.

Speedy_Fox_IV
13th October 2011, 5:52 AM
For me I see some the hints from all the ships here (Excpt for Negai, Best Wishes Isn't out here in Australia yet) but the only one that captured my intrest was Advanceshipping. However I can see where everyone else is coming from. Also Some said earlier in the thread to just give Ash a harem. I give this idea my full support.

Nauran
13th October 2011, 8:09 AM
Question: How much evidence can you reinforce your choice with?

'They look good/cute/nice together' or anything to that extent does not count.

TouyaXHaremPerson
14th October 2011, 7:32 AM
I enjoy Pearlshipping a lot more than anything. I say Gymshipping for Misty and Hoennshipping for May,As for Iris,Souryuushipping or HilbertxIris FTW!!!

Zino
14th October 2011, 7:58 AM
Grrr, why isn't Comashipping an opinion?!

Well, I guess I voted Pokeshipping, since it is my Ash/girl otp (Advance or Negai aren't bad either, but I rather see Advance more like one-sided crush to teacher and Negai is lagging of hints which makes me see them only as friends atm) and Misty was so crushing to Ash.

But Ash/Paul is my most beloved shipping and not just because they "look good together" or because I love both characters. I like their relationship's development and dynamics. And I'm pretty sure no matter how hard Paul tried he just couldn't picture Ash as a loser anymore after hearing he had won the Battle Frontier and beaten Brandon. BD

Minteh
15th October 2011, 11:39 PM
Well I voted for Advanceshipping. It's not that I don't like any of the others or anything it's just Advanceshipping was the one I've always liked and preferred. I do understand what everyone's saying about Pokeshipping but I've never really seen that as much of a ship to be honest.

EliteLugia
7th February 2012, 6:51 AM
I have to say, this really brings a smile to my face. After all the hate advshipping has gone through the past few years. It finally gets the respect it deserves and now its second in the poll!

Though, we got some converts here in the poll.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
7th February 2012, 7:41 AM
ash and may look like a better couple, but i will have to say pokeshipping, on the fact that i think misty liked ash

Joltik-Kid
7th February 2012, 8:13 AM
I voted for PokeShipping (ironic coz of my sig-- or used to be sig XD). I like May with Drew, Dawn with Paul/Barry (not sure yet) and Iris with Dento.
You disappoint me >.<

Pearlshipping all the way baby. Not only did Dawn and Ash connect the best, Dawn half the time went out of her way to support Ash. In fact, Ash was pretty supportive of her contest as well, actually sticking around to watch them unlike the few times he ditched May's performances (Training Swellow, catching Aipom; though he did check in time to time) Anyway, it's still the only one I support and their the only two to my knowledge to get a commercial in Japan

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
7th February 2012, 9:03 AM
You disappoint me >.<

Pearlshipping all the way baby. Not only did Dawn and Ash connect the best, Dawn half the time went out of her way to support Ash. In fact, Ash was pretty supportive of her contest as well, actually sticking around to watch them unlike the few times he ditched May's performances (Training Swellow, catching Aipom; though he did check in time to time) Anyway, it's still the only one I support and their the only two to my knowledge to get a commercial in Japan

ash and dawn only seemed friends, plus the luvdisk scene in movie 9 with ash and may already overwrites pearlshipping all together

2rsa
7th February 2012, 10:43 AM
Of course almost all of these shippings are cute but Ash and May got closer in the Manaphy movie so i'm going with Advance shipping.
-Misty always liked ash but ash looks at her like a friend.
-Dawn isn't even interested in ash unlike misty.
-Ires looks like a good friend but who knows.best wishes just started so things may happen.
-Ash and May were so cute in the movie.i also like may and drew but ash only looks good with may to me.

Blessed
7th February 2012, 1:54 PM
I voted POKESHIPPING!!! They have such cute hints in the original version.

If Twinleaf is a major Dawn shipping and Flavescent is a major Iris shipping, then Egoshipping is a major Misty shipping. Just saying. .

Cavalier can go again'st Ego because GARY MET DAWN TOO. Just sayin

KingMinun
7th February 2012, 5:05 PM
ash and dawn only seemed friends, plus the luvdisk scene in movie 9 with ash and may already overwrites pearlshipping all together

Not really, considering Ash and Dawn both saw Luvdisc in the Phione episodes.

lokoduro
7th February 2012, 5:31 PM
Voted for Pearl.
-Kasumi liked Satoshi,just like Kengo liked Hikari.Both got in the end "good friends" sendoffs.
-Haruka maybe liked Satoshi in the beginning,but then came Drew.
-Iris,well...I can´t say for sure,sometimes she seems like Kasumi in her behavior with Satoshi,but I don´t think she will be more than just a friend.Besides she doesn´t really help at all,I think Kasumi will always be his best friend(not more than that).
Hikari and Satoshi friendship was unique,and pretty developed for "10 year old clueless about love" Satoshi.
Like the thread said,it´s Satoshi shipping so I picked the one,in my opinion,that had most Satoshi´s "mature side" involvement

CyberCubed
8th February 2012, 3:58 AM
I wonder why each new female character gets less votes than the previous one. With Iris in last and Dawn in second last. Although I gather for May its simply because Contestshipping was so popular.

Joltik-Kid
8th February 2012, 4:38 AM
I wonder why each new female character gets less votes than the previous one. With Iris in last and Dawn in second last. Although I gather for May its simply because Contestshipping was so popular.
Nostalgia ruins things you know... that's why Misty is the most popular. Honestly, I liked Dawn's and May's kindness over Misty's and Iris's more or less nagging. Pearlshipping is my #1 with Advanceshipping being my #2

Kameinu
8th February 2012, 4:44 AM

Frankly while I don't give a damn about who Ash ends up with. His interactions with Misty where the most amusing. And you know how interactions and friendly affection is blown up in proportion by the shippers. =/

There's just more bait for Pokeshippers than any of the other main Ash ships. D=

Masonicon
8th February 2012, 4:48 AM
Pokeshipping is For the Epic Win

Blessed
8th February 2012, 4:59 AM
I LOVE Poke, Conest & Penguin/Twinleaf

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae155/amparker2012/natsume%20and%20mikan/pokeshipping/satokasu.jpghttp://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l488/lone24/tumblr_lptjp0u6331qhuk9xo1_500.pnghttp://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l488/lone24/pokelook.png

adrenaline
8th February 2012, 6:48 AM
Honestly, if it's done in the right way, any one can work. That being said, I adore Pokeshipping.

CyberCubed
8th February 2012, 6:54 AM
Honestly, if it's done in the right way, any one can work.

You can say that for any pairing in existence though. Good writers can make any pairing likeable, as seen in the wide range of fanfiction out there for dozens of different ships.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
8th February 2012, 7:22 AM
i think everyone should be able to agree that may and ash looked like a better couple, but since may didn't have feelings for ash and misty did that overwrites everything

lokoduro
8th February 2012, 4:51 PM
@(P.O.K.E.M.O.N):I agree,it made more sense with Haruka and Hikari than with Kasumi and Iris.Honestly I don´t like that "girls shout at and provoke the boy every second".

Kimmosaur
8th February 2012, 10:17 PM
Pokeshipping all the way for me.
I like their chemistry together and they have all around solid hints. A lot of them too.
Advancingshipping for me is alright, though I prefer Contest. Ash and May are very alike, but they sorta have more of a good friends/teacher student relation going on IMO.
Dawn, she can go either with Kenny or Paul for all I care. Her and Ash DO have a close relationship, I'll admit. But I find them like a little sister and big brother. But the ship does have some nice hints. Prefer Penguin however ..
I have really looked into Negai yet, but I've seen some videos. And read an article. I think her relation with Dento would work out better. It might also be because I'm a bit biased considering Iris and Misty are pretty similar .. Still I can't judge this one.

EDIT;; To those who say the Luvdisc hint, I want to state that I've read an entry in the Pokedex before, and as far as I'm concerned it stated that is a COUPLE witnesses swimming Luvdisc then they are blessed with eternal love. Ash and May/Dawn aren't an offical, confirmed, couple. Count the hint if you wish, but that just means it counts for both pairings. Erm, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just stating that I remember ..&I don't mean any trouble ..

Joltik-Kid
10th February 2012, 6:09 AM
I understand why Pokeshipping is popular, but to this day...I still don't see anything special :/

Blessed
10th February 2012, 8:04 AM
Maybe because you don't like Misty? you've mentioned it before & That's YOUR opinion! which doesn't apply to everyone else.

Schade
12th February 2012, 4:25 PM
What? No Palletshipping? Disgrace

JetshipperKekkaishi
13th February 2012, 7:51 AM
Everyone is titled to opinion,Shipping meant to be fun not to be taken serious. I mean I see no problem with All Ash shipping. I respect them all. I don't like the Yaoi ones but I respect them. I enjoy Pearlshipping the most,but I enjoy Pokeshipping,Advanceshipping,Negaishipping just the same. Stick with the shipping you feel more comfortable with. It would make you happier even if no one like your shipping. I love shipping and I support shipping for fun. So when it comes to Ash,he is dense to know love.

MischeivousSorceress
13th February 2012, 9:09 AM
As my personal favourite, I would have to go with Pokeshipping. Simply because Pokemon was the first anime I watched, and Misty was such a feisty character.

I thought Ash and Misty were quite entertaining in the early days - *loved* Misty's mallet.

xFurret<3x
13th February 2012, 12:30 PM
pokeshipping.
misty and ash are cutest together, and i like different shippings for the other girls.

Flame Mistress
13th February 2012, 12:37 PM
I changed my mind, damn. >.< PearlShipping. Stupid Darkrai Movie...

AquaMilotic
13th February 2012, 7:04 PM
PokeShipping. Misty never followed Ash for her bike, she just used it as an excuse to stalk the boy she fell in love with. And Ash is definitely in love with Misty as well. Some people, like Brock, are open about it when they are in love. However, people like Misty try to hide and deny it when it comes up in conversations. Misty is in love with Ash, but denies it.

I'm a biased Original Series addict, but even when looking at this objectively, Ash and Misty clearly have a relationship.

Blessed
13th February 2012, 7:48 PM
The Polls speak for themselves!!! ;)

GirlsILikeThem
13th February 2012, 9:19 PM
What terrible choices! Ash doesn't need to be with any of those girls. I don't mind Ash with May, except that May's taken, so...and anyway, I prefer May with Dawn.

ASH should go with Georgia the Dragon Buster. There is no better girl in the world for him.

vespiqueen
18th February 2012, 6:43 PM
Okay, I don't even know how I'm supposed to choose! :/
I ship Ash with people more than any other character. His main character status just makes me want to put him with everyone since he meets so many people.

Pokeshipping - My first real ship ever, out of any show. I was so young, but even I knew they belonged together. :') I know a lot of people don't like the way Misty treated Ash but since they're supposedly ten, I thought it was fitting. I knew so many little girls who did the whole 'hate the one you love' act because they didn't know any better.
I don't think I'll ever be able to fully let go of this ship. :/

Advanceshipping - I never really supported this ship. I was still young and a die-hard Pokeshipping when the Advanced series first debuted. Although May became my favorite character quickly, I still couldn't get myself to support Advanceshipping. Then Drew came along, and I fell in love with Contestshipping.

Pearlshipping - THEY WOULD JUST BE SO DANG CUTE TOGETHER. I just feel like they're so alike and they would look good together. (which I know sounds weird since they're cartoon characters) I've actually tied this ship with Pokeshipping as my favorite Ash ship.

Negaishipping - I like Iris a lot and she kind of reminds me of Misty, but I like her better than Misty. I like the bickering with Ash, I just think it's cute. I'm not a huge follower of this ship but that's mainly because I don't really follow Best Wishes..

I don't really know what ship to choose, so....I'm picking Negai because it has the least amount of votes. :/

TeamRocketGrunt
18th February 2012, 6:53 PM
I do not ship anything with ash.I ship Rocketshipping and the shipping with Misty and Gary I forgot the name

blackterminator3
20th February 2012, 10:47 AM
Advanceshipping, I always felt that May and Ash shared a closer bound then any of the other ladies.

☭Secret_Shocker☭
20th February 2012, 11:10 AM
Pearlshipping, because Dawn is my favorite of all his female travelling companions.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
20th February 2012, 12:14 PM
this list is correct

1. pokeshipping
2. advancehsipping
3. pearlshipping
4. nagaishipping

this list is 100% correct

Caseydia
27th February 2012, 8:49 PM
There is so many ships but I like the ships for the rival girls or the one shot character girls.

ChloboShoka
27th February 2012, 11:27 PM
I do not ship anything with ash.I ship Rocketshipping and the shipping with Misty and Gary I forgot the name

I think the name you're looking for is egoshipping.

Out of the list, I prefer Advanceshipping but I also like the other four too. Pallet and Pika aren't so bad either.

Caseydia
2nd March 2012, 1:18 AM
Hey dude, do I have to pick the ships that are on your list or can we alteast have some variety here?

AquaMilotic
2nd March 2012, 1:39 AM
Hey dude, do I have to pick the ships that are on your list or can we alteast have some variety here?

Yes, I agree, maybe an "other" option in the poll, for people who ship Ash with another person than one of the four PokeGirls (Misty, May, Dawn, Iris) would have been nice. Those four are the main shippings, but this way, there is no room for other shippings than these four. I am a PokeShipper, but this is unfair to people who don't ship Ash with one of the main girls, but do support an Ash shipping.

Do you support Ash x Casey? Is that why you want a shipping not on the list?

Caseydia
2nd March 2012, 2:35 PM
Yes, I agree, maybe an "other" option in the poll, for people who ship Ash with another person than one of the four PokeGirls (Misty, May, Dawn, Iris) would have been nice. Those four are the main shippings, but this way, there is no room for other shippings than these four. I am a PokeShipper, but this is unfair to people who don't ship Ash with one of the main girls, but do support an Ash shipping.

Do you support Ash x Casey? Is that why you want a shipping not on the list?

Yeah but I wished they had "other" as an option too. I have a thing for Comashipping and Ash x Burgundy.

UnbelievableUrsula
3rd March 2012, 12:36 AM
I liked Advanceshipping for a long time now. It's my fifth year anniversary!

Caseydia
10th March 2012, 4:38 AM
I still have a thing for Kissshipping. I know that since it's a movie relavance, it's not as popular but I loved it. I wish it was canon.

Yuppirox
12th March 2012, 6:05 AM
I still have a thing for Kissshipping. I know that since it's a movie relavance, it's not as popular but I loved it. I wish it was canon.

Wait, is Kissshipping Ash x Bianca (movie) or Ash x Latias? *forgot*

...Anyway, Ash x Latias, aside from Pikashipping, is probably the only Ash x Pokemon shipping I actually support. (Maybe Ash x Infernape too, but only a little.)

RWB
12th March 2012, 2:06 PM
ASH should go with Georgia the Dragon Buster. There is no better girl in the world for him.

To be fair, she's the best choice for everyone.

Synthesia
12th March 2012, 2:50 PM
Either Iris and Ash (forgot the name), or Pokeshipping.
Somehow I like it when they disagree.

AquaMilotic
12th March 2012, 6:37 PM
The Polls speak for themselves!!! ;)

They definitely do! We are proud to be PokeShippers, and apparently, most people who voted on this poll are!

Except for Misty.

Yeah but I wished they had "other" as an option too. I have a thing for Comashipping and Ash x Burgundy.

There is another Ash shipping than PokeShipping I partially support. I don't know the name of it: one-sided Bayleef x Ash shipping. Bayleef is obviously in love with Ash. Ash loves Bayleef as a friend and as his Pokemon, but isn't actually in love with Bayleef. Ash's only girlfriend is Misty.

Flame Mistress
12th March 2012, 6:49 PM
Or Ash's girlfriend could be May/Dawn/Iris/etc. Ash shippings aren't just limited to PokéShipping nowadays. Go to Japan and everyone will ship Ash with Dawn.

Calamity™
13th March 2012, 12:28 AM
Definitely Pokéshipping. Ash and Misty had something going on, even if we only saw subtle hints! The other girls don't compare in the slightest!

CyberCubed
13th March 2012, 12:32 AM
Definitely Pokéshipping. Ash and Misty had something going on, even if we only saw subtle hints! The other girls don't compare in the slightest!

Compare in what way?

Calamity™
13th March 2012, 12:35 AM
Compare in what way?

Personality and likability. And being a good match for Ash. It is just an opinion of course. (:

CyberCubed
13th March 2012, 12:45 AM
Personality and likability. And being a good match for Ash. It is just an opinion of course. (:

That doesn't really make any sense to me, what does personality and likability have to do with Misty over the others? There is more to shipping than that, and of course it's your opinion on the matter.

UnbelievableUrsula
13th March 2012, 8:14 PM
Cyber, if you don't like the shipping above you, just pick one that you like, that way it won't bother you so much.

I used to like Advanceshipping but Contestshipping got in the way too much that it turned me off. So I pick Ash x Ursula. Hehe.

Flame Mistress
17th March 2012, 5:16 PM
Well, Calamity was basically saying "OMG, Ash TOTALLY belongs with Misty, screw all the other girls", so yeah.

I don't only look at hints and personality when it comes to shipping. I also judge on the fanbase's attitude, how their relationship is portrayed, what fan work about them are like, and so on. I'm VERY picky when it comes to these things, more than I ever need to be. |D For example, I won't ship ships where every fan thinks that ____Shipping is the best shipping ever and all other shillings involving one of the characters on that ship should die. kinda the reason why I stopped shipping *****Shipping...

JennaJayfeather
17th March 2012, 5:51 PM
Well, Calamity was basically saying "OMG, Ash TOTALLY belongs with Misty, screw all the other girls", so yeah.

Eh I don't think they were saying it quite like that. ^^;

I don't only look at hints and personality when it comes to shipping. I also judge on the fanbase's attitude, how their relationship is portrayed, what fan work about them are like, and so on. I'm VERY picky when it comes to these things, more than I ever need to be. |D For example, I won't ship ships where every fan thinks that ____Shipping is the best shipping ever and all other shillings involving one of the characters on that ship should die. kinda the reason why I stopped shipping *****Shipping...

I agree with this. They are more things than hints really, it's also how it's portrayed in the fandom and this can be with fanart, the shipper's behavior, songs they use for AMVs--it's all different for each ship. I grew up with Pokeshipping so I still have it in my heart...but somehow with some of the fandom being impolite (I guess xD) about it *not saying anyone here* makes me flinch away from it a bit. I have a feeling I'd like it much more if I was isolated from the fandom. ^^; However, there are many Pokeshippers that I really respect/admire.

Though, I have to say after talking to Joltik-kid, and lokoduro Pearlshipping is growing on me ;>///< I still like Pokeshipping though, it seems to be something I hold onto...so I guess you could say I like Pearlshipping and Pokeshipping equally as of right now.

I've read this before from some other people and I agree with. I don't really see Ash being much of a romantic, and I think that's what sort of clicks an "off" button in my head. (Ash x males/Pokemon/hat/Mt. Silver doesn't count because they are crack ships and meant to be lulzy) So what I'm saying is I don't think I'll ever find an Ash ship that will truly be my "one and only" XD I could honestly see him be single and live with Pikachu...and when he's an old man he'll tell a little boy about the "good ol' days."

Flame Mistress
17th March 2012, 9:12 PM
Eh I don't think they were saying it quite like that. ^^;

I agree with this. They are more things than hints really, it's also how it's portrayed in the fandom and this can be with fanart, the shipper's behavior, songs they use for AMVs--it's all different for each ship. I grew up with Pokeshipping so I still have it in my heart...but somehow with some of the fandom being impolite (I guess xD) about it *not saying anyone here* makes me flinch away from it a bit. I have a feeling I'd like it much more if I was isolated from the fandom. ^^; However, there are many Pokeshippers that I really respect/admire.

Though, I have to say after talking to Joltik-kid, and lokoduro Pearlshipping is growing on me ;>///< I still like Pokeshipping though, it seems to be something I hold onto...so I guess you could say I like Pearlshipping and Pokeshipping equally as of right now.

I've read this before from some other people and I agree with. I don't really see Ash being much of a romantic, and I think that's what sort of clicks an "off" button in my head. (Ash x males/Pokemon/hat/Mt. Silver doesn't count because they are crack ships and meant to be lulzy) So what I'm saying is I don't think I'll ever find an Ash ship that will truly be my "one and only" XD I could honestly see him be single and live with Pikachu...and when he's an old man he'll tell a little boy about the "good ol' days."I almost think that that could really happen.

ALMOST

Anyway, it's fine to ship two ships equally, I guess. A short while back I shipped PokeShipping and PearlShipping equally, until I drifted away from PokeShipping... So there.

gohan5
17th March 2012, 9:29 PM
I almost think that that could really happen.

ALMOST

Anyway, it's fine to ship two ships equally, I guess. A short while back I shipped PokeShipping and PearlShipping equally, until I drifted away from PokeShipping... So there.

Sure it's okay, I ship Ash with all the girls in this list. Maybe not equally, but you get the idea :P

Foxyvulpixie
17th March 2012, 9:44 PM
I kind of like all of them, but for my favorite I'd go with Poke'shipping. I love Ash and Misty ♥

MastersOfMonsters
18th March 2012, 12:08 PM
Hmm... the only Shipping i really know of (and care about) is Cafémockashipping (which i probably spelled wrong). What happend to the Ash X Dento Threads? :(

UnbelievableUrsula
18th March 2012, 2:42 PM
Advancedshipping is the only one I perfer out of the list there. I miss May and Ash bonding and working together.

JetshipperKekkaishi
18th March 2012, 4:56 PM
I ship Ash with any girl but I highly love Pearlshipping more. I see no problem with Ash shipping. They are equal in the own way.Even the crack Ash shipping is great in it's own way. I enjoy Othelloshipping(Ash x Hilda) lately.

TheSirPeras
19th March 2012, 11:21 PM
Pokeshipping, because its the original :)

Caseydia
20th March 2012, 3:39 PM
I miss Kissshipping back in the old days. I wish Melody was not a movie character maybe then we would have seen her appear more like Sakura or the others did.

Calamity™
25th March 2012, 10:57 PM
Ash x Brock shipping foreverrrrrrrr! Best Pokémon related couple ever in my opinion!

Pokemonpal7
25th March 2012, 11:11 PM
Advanceshipping!
Ash and May all the way!

Does anyone else get the feeling Pokeshipping is just getting nostalgia votes?
Down with Pukehair/Bushboy

wobbanut
26th March 2012, 12:05 AM
I prefer Ash and Angie (from the summer camp episodes).

Flame Mistress
26th March 2012, 11:13 PM
Oh I used to LOVE Ash x Angie. It put me off PearlShipping. And of course, it all went downhill from there~ lawljk

Don't care if Poké is winning thanks to nostalgia. PearlShipping ftw~

lokoduro
26th March 2012, 11:54 PM
@FlameMistress: :D same thinking.
I won't lose myself to nostalgia or teasing=love.

ChloboShoka
26th March 2012, 11:59 PM
Palletshipping = absolute classic! Their interactions are funny and they clearly inspire each other, especially in the original series.

Caseydia
28th March 2012, 2:40 AM
I miss advanced shipping for some reason. But I just feel that it has been floating away. If only there was more interaction between Ash and May when she came to the Wallace Cup.

Blessed
29th March 2012, 1:11 AM
PokeShipping ftw.

UnbelievableUrsula
29th March 2012, 2:11 AM
Pearlshipping is some what attractive to me. I think Pokeshipping in next on my list.

AquaMilotic
29th March 2012, 6:10 PM
PokeShipping ftw.

I totally agree!

It's also very unfair that people say PokeShipping is just supported because of nostalgia... We are PokeShippers because of the many hints and because we believe it's cute. Sure, nostalgia could play a role for some people, but there are also cuteness and hints. And that makes me a PokeShipper.

Flame Mistress
29th March 2012, 9:09 PM
I totally agree!

It's also very unfair that people say PokeShipping is just supported because of nostalgia... We are PokeShippers because of the many hints and because we believe it's cute. Sure, nostalgia could play a role for some people, but there are also cuteness and hints. And that makes me a PokeShipper.
That is true. I mean, I hadn't even born when the anime was created, and I still used to support (or still do support, depends on your views) PokeShipping. But as ships get older, they tend to get more... negative... views, I think. Maybe it's because nostalgia itself is usually frowned upon these days, people are pestering each other to move on in their lives. But there're always some people who refuse to let go of the past, eh? =)

To think about it, that'll be the rest of us in a few years' time.

lokoduro
29th March 2012, 11:11 PM
It is not the liking(because of nostalgia)that really matters.It is the opposite.The hating(because of nostalgia)is what really annoys...why is Poke>Advanced>Pearl>Negai in the poll?I mean Negai has some things,and it is the only "updating" shipping.
Nostalgic feelings are normal,I still remember the old days of OS and Kasumi and Satoshi together(traveling together)...it is just that....BW is still good,and there are cool shippings there too.

Blessed
29th March 2012, 11:12 PM
I totally agree!

Thanks, & yes I am aware. Just ignore those people who say that because they sure don't influence me. And you're absolutely right, nostalgia isn't just a major role that plays with Pokeshipping, It's also hints, cuteness, fanart, pictures & fanfiction!