PDA

View Full Version : Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Wulava
22nd February 2011, 11:54 AM
To stop the constant creation of threads like this, I shall make an official one.
As the title asks, which among the Unova starters will you be journeying with?

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/icon/495.png #495. Snivy. [More info here (http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/495.shtml).]
:: Type: Grass
:: Ability: Overgrow/Perversity (Dream World)
:: Evolution Chain: Snivy >> Servine (Lv17) >> Serperior (Lv36)
:: Base Stats: HP (45), Attack (45), Defense (55), Sp. Attack (45), Sp. Defense (55), Speed (63)

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/icon/498.png #498. Tepig. [More info here (http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/498.shtml).]
:: Type: Fire
:: Ability: Blaze/Thick Fat (Dream World)
:: Evolution Chain: Tepig >> Pignite (Lv17) >> Emboar (Lv36)
:: Base Stats: HP (65), Attack (63), Defense (45), Sp. Attack (45), Sp. Defense (45), Speed (45)

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/icon/501.png #501. Oshawott. [More info here (http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/501.shtml).]
:: Type: Water
:: Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor (Dream World)
:: Evolution Chain: Oshawott >> Dewott (Lv17) >> Samurott (Lv36)
:: Base Stats: HP (55), Attack (55), Defense (45), Sp. Attack (63), Sp. Defense (45), Speed (45)

You can share your reasons as to why you'd pick it.
And feel free to share what its nickname gonna be.

Ledyba
22nd February 2011, 11:56 AM
For black, Oshawott, because I always choose the Water starter on my first run. And for white, Tepig, because my friend chooses Snivy. That way we have all 3 starters.

Ausgirl
22nd February 2011, 11:58 AM
I'm gonna choose Oshawott although I will also be using Snivy and Tepig.

Poke_Mania97
22nd February 2011, 12:00 PM
i think i will go with snivy and oshawott in black and tepig in white

Aurath8
22nd February 2011, 12:27 PM
Tepig. So far I have always chosen the Fire starter, and the other two have much worse movepools. It also means I dont need to find a space for a fighting type. (I need a solid fighting type in all of my teams as I had a terrible experience in HG when my only fighting moves were Focus Blast on Typhlosion and Ampharos and really struggled because my team was bad in general.)
He is also the best starter when it comes to gyms doing great against the second, third and seventh gyms, while Snivy is good in one gym and Dewott is good in one too.
So yeah, suitable typing, more effective at gyms, better movepool and I like his design better.

Soriana
22nd February 2011, 12:30 PM
Snivy all the way. I'm usually a Water-type person, but Snivy just appeals to me so much. I love snakes, and nature, and the color green, and... yeah.

It shall be male, and its nickname shall be Jeremy.

SneaselClaw
22nd February 2011, 12:32 PM
Oshawott, it's got my favourite final evolution of the 3 and the last time I chose the water starter was in Silver.

tmega90
22nd February 2011, 12:36 PM
I am picking Oshawott! Oshawott is my favorite out of the starters. It is just so awesome! I really like Samurott so I can't wait to have my own. It is an awesome water type and I havn't chose a water starter on my first time before. I want to have an awesome adventure with my Oshawott. I am going to name mine Aqua.

radek123
22nd February 2011, 12:39 PM
I think Tepig cause it have a great atack and hp stat in it last evolution and great movepool

The Eleventh
22nd February 2011, 12:48 PM
I'm picking Oshawott, because it appeals to me more than the others do. I usually pick the water starter. It shall be nicknamed Triton. My second choice would be Tepig, however.

Shien
22nd February 2011, 1:08 PM
I'll pick Snivy in my white version. Just because I like the last form of that Pokémon.
And there's another reason. I wanted to choose Snivy or Oshawott in my japanese black version. I chose Oshawott. So now I want to see the adventure with Snivy.
Oshawott is a good choice too. I learned him TM (like surf and cascade).

I don't like Tepig final form... So it is why I don't hesitate between Snivy and Tepig

Shadow XD001
22nd February 2011, 1:14 PM
Tepig. I like the Fire Type Starters from all Generations (even though I like the Treecko Line better than the Torchic Line) Also, my brother is choosing Oshawott, and we could get each other Starter's Data in our PokeDex. Hopefully one of my friends will choose Snivy.

rocky505
22nd February 2011, 1:25 PM
I chose Oshawott on my Japan Black. So I will go with Tepig for my White. I won't pick Snivy due to it's Awful movepool.

Riversong
22nd February 2011, 2:05 PM
Oshawott, though it seems to be the most popular starter. Oh well. I like water types, and the final evo has really grown on me.

Next would be Snivy. I don't like Tepig's evo line.

LeviNifty
22nd February 2011, 2:07 PM
Probably gunna pick Smugleaf since I love the design for the 1st and 2nd evo and its stats arent bad but I dont like its last evo much so i might just not evolve it on its second stage =p

Endless
22nd February 2011, 2:09 PM
Oshawott.
I liked it from the start and did never think it was a rip-off of Piplup(luckely people stopped that). I think it looks both cute and cool. Water is also my favorite type among Fire/Grass/Water. I also love the evolutions and I don't care if Samurott doesn't lokk that much like Oshawott and Dewott. It is also a good mixed sweeper and is one of the best water types of Unova.

GraveDancer
22nd February 2011, 2:13 PM
May we have an undecided option for the poll?
I think my friend will be choosing Snivy or possibly Oshawott and so I will pick the two opposites, although i still think i may just box them as even though i will not complain, I do not like these starters as much, usually it's easy for me but not at all this time. There is also that many other awesome pokemon of the same types as the starters as to not need them.
etc.
Tepig line < Chandellure and Volcarona
Oshawott line < Caracossta, Seismitoad and Jellicent
Snivy line < Lilligant, Sawsbuck, Ferrothorn
(all of the above are in my opinion, others may certainly vary)
There are just way too many other awesome pokemon that i like more-so.

MagnetonNr1
22nd February 2011, 2:24 PM
I will pick Oshawott, because when I first play a Pokémon game, I usually go with the Water starter. Plus I don't like any of the other Water Pokémon in Unova.

iltwbtsiodfau
22nd February 2011, 2:24 PM
I will probably choose snivy in white and oshawott in black. im kinda really wanting a fire type starter though since i never played through hg ss with cyndaquil but i strongly dislike tepigs evolutions so im not sure that ill pick tepig

DaTreeko =3
22nd February 2011, 2:27 PM
I'm getting an Oshawott for Black and choosing Snivy for the 3rd version. :P
I'm picking Oshawott because I plan to have a fir and grass type on my final team, and there really isn't alot of water types.(from what i've seen)
Snivy is because I want a Panpour. I love them Panpour. Plus, I've really liked snakes.
And Serperier(sp?) is so elegant, every time I think about it, I imagine it is some King or Butler for some fancy people or Pokemon. At first I was all liek, "OMG SNAKE! IT'S A SNAKE! SNAKKKKKEE! Gamefreak, I had the feeling you and me shared similar thoughts!"
(I had a perfect idea of a snake starter, and *poof* It's there!)

Torpoleon
22nd February 2011, 2:38 PM
I'm picking Oshawott in Pokémon White Version I usually pick the Water Type Starter Pokémon and Oshawott and its evolved forms look cool! I'll be naming it Samurai because of Samurott.

bushie
22nd February 2011, 2:43 PM
;460;the water starter is always the best totodile`s the best inn johto and squirtle`s in kanto so water is always the best

deoxysdude94
22nd February 2011, 2:45 PM
Snivy in black, because it's awesome. In white, I'll do oshawott, and trade it over to black. Then I'll do the same for Tepig. I think I'll make my white experimental.

CommanderCarr
22nd February 2011, 2:52 PM
Snivy all the way because well he just looks amazing and Serperior? o dont even get me started on him. lol

ddrox
22nd February 2011, 2:53 PM
Tepig = pig + fighting = pwns most
(exceptions include darkrai and zekrom

Night_Walker
22nd February 2011, 2:54 PM
Snivy for sure in the White game I will be buying.
Oshawott if I get Black or any eventual third version.

I generally go with a Grass starter in one version (sometimes for early type advantage, eg Bulbasaur, and sometimes just for looks). In Snivy's case I think its mostly a looks thing cause it's the line that I think looks the coolest, although it's got some competition in Oshawott.

AwesomeSauce117
22nd February 2011, 3:03 PM
Well I have my team set so i'm choosing Tepig. I need the fighting type and Emboar looks cooler than Serperior and Samurott IMO. Although i'm gonna try and get an Oshawott on GTS for a Tepig egg.

Dattebayo
22nd February 2011, 3:12 PM
Black: Tepig, so I can keep my Trick Room team

White: Oshawott, One of the few decent water types in B&W that I like

johno1995
22nd February 2011, 3:23 PM
I'm choosing Oshawott for my first game in White and Tepig for my first game in Black.

I love all three starters, but there are a lot of viable grass types I can use in the game (Leavanny and Maractus are two of my favorite Grass-types ever), and I will eventually use Snivy in a future restart of one of my games (I can't even count how many times I've restarted my game on Diamond, Platinum, and HeartGold...).

Despite liking all three starters, my favorite is Oshawott, so that's where my vote goes. :D

Elxar
22nd February 2011, 3:26 PM
I'll pick Oshwott but could possibly get Snivy and Tepig via Trade. Ever since Yellow I make all the starters + BIrd my main team and rotate the 6th slot.

Chibi_Muffin
22nd February 2011, 3:27 PM
Snivy, since it's cute. And a grass type. And a snake. It's evolution looks wonderful. Basically, it's my kind of Pokémon.

My brother's going with Oshawott. Galileo and Poseidon shall... do... something.

Angry Ancestor
22nd February 2011, 3:35 PM
I'm still not a hundred percent sure! D: I was planning to pick Snivy, but the choice is still so hard. I might end up choosing Tepig instead! And I like Oshawott too! D:

Ohshi
22nd February 2011, 3:38 PM
Snivy because everyone I know is picking Oshawott.

Nibbles4Ever
22nd February 2011, 3:41 PM
I'm going with Oshawot because it's stronger than snivy and tepigs first evolution is way to ugly. My best friend is also going with oshawot so we can pick our ultimate water otter together hopefully ^^

Poke_Mania97
22nd February 2011, 3:43 PM
And Serperier(sp?) is so elegant, every time I think about it, I imagine it is some King or Butler for some fancy people or Pokemon. At first I was all liek, "OMG SNAKE! IT'S A SNAKE! SNAKKKKKEE! Gamefreak, I had the feeling you and me shared similar thoughts!"
(I had a perfect idea of a snake starter, and *poof* It's there!)

Lol metal gear solid! i might call my snivy solid snake or THE King.

Oshawott i will call Samurai, Warrior or something along those lines

Torterra62
22nd February 2011, 3:58 PM
Start with Oshawott in white. Ill also SR in black for a shiny snivy and trade him from black to white.

Dr. Leggs
22nd February 2011, 4:01 PM
Oshawott, as I'm a Water-type fan and neither Snivy nor Tepig particularly appeal to me. But I'm not really gonna use Oshawott a whole lot, I rarely use the starters anyway.

bloodghoul
22nd February 2011, 4:22 PM
Gen 1 - Kanto = Charmander
Gen 2 - Johto = Cyndaquil
Gen 3 - Hoenn = Torchic
Gen 4 - Sinnoh = Chimchar
Gen 5 - Unova = ????????

Hmmmm, I wonder which will I choose, TEPIG!!
I have always chosen the Fire Starter and that will never change!!

fixthe_fernback
22nd February 2011, 4:30 PM
Usually I pick the fire type, but I am sooooo sick of the Fire-Fighting double type, that this time I think I'm getting Oshawott. However, two of my cousins are getting the game too, one is already choosing Snivy, and I need to convince the other to get Tepig XD

Dragonitor
22nd February 2011, 4:39 PM
I will choose Oshawott because I like it and I like Samurott a lot. My second choice would be Snivy. I just don't like Tepig and his evolutions. Besides that I like the other Grass and Fire Pokemon more than the starters (Lilligant and Leavanny-Candelure, Victini, Simisear, Heatmor and Volcarona). And this is why I choose Oshawott as starter :D

Iron Beast
22nd February 2011, 5:05 PM
snivy.

i love most of the grass starters. plus snivy is so laughable w/ its proud stuck up atitude. it reminds me of piplup a bit.

DSRGBA
22nd February 2011, 5:18 PM
I usually choose grass starters for a new region;

Gold: Chikorita
Ruby: Treecko
Leaf Green: Bulbasaur
Pearl: Turtwig
Platinum: Chimchar
Soul Silver: Cyndaquil
Black: Snivy

So I choose grass starters for regions I haven't previously visited and fire-types for the remakes. Also, Snivy has a great design.

Yuphie
22nd February 2011, 5:21 PM
Currently undecided. I like Snivy but there are so many grass Pokémon i like more, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Sawsbuck, so i think Snivy is ruled out. Same with Oshawott, there are a few water Pokémon i would like to try out more than i would like to have him. However, i really do not like Tepig evolutions so.., i'll probably end up with Oshawott/Snivy to start then just switch him/her out when i can catch a water/grass Pokémon i want to use.

UnovaSwampert
22nd February 2011, 6:33 PM
Oshawott, though it seems to be the most popular starter. Oh well. I like water types, and the final evo has really grown on me.

Next would be Snivy. I don't like Tepig's evo line.

I agree completely with this statement.

Liquid Luck
22nd February 2011, 6:38 PM
I'm definitely picking Oshawott just because when I first saw him, I thought he was the ugliest starter I'd ever seen, but he's grown on me and now I think he's adorable, and the fact that I've almost always picked the Fire Starter, I wanna switch it up a bit this generation. Oh, and I love the look of him and his evo's and I think that I could get the best party with him and Pansear.

Anyways, I'm picking Oshawaott, and his name shall be Oscar :)

gliscor&yanmega
22nd February 2011, 6:46 PM
White-Oshawott. Surprisingly it's my favorite out of the three(Which has always been the Fire type), although they are pretty much near the same level for me(In terms of liking them) Oshawott is just a little higher. Also, I want a Water type with me and I think Oshawott is the best for that job.

Black-I'll use Snivy and Tepig just for the sake of experiencing them. I don't know which I'll start with first though. I'll also play with no Starter after I'm done with Snivy and Tepig.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer
22nd February 2011, 6:53 PM
Oshawatt because its the best out of the 3 clearly.

Also his mustages ownz the big and the green snake.

minredd
22nd February 2011, 6:54 PM
Wow, I'm surprised Oshawott got so popular. I remember when everyone was complaining about how fugly it was XD

For me, I'll be playing Pokemon White(for Zekrom)and have a Snivy/Servine/Serperior as my starter. The reasoning? I like reptiles, a lot. The rest of my team is going to be all reptiles as well, since I found a way to spread the HM's amongst them(thank you HM learning fossil turtle!).

king_anteros
22nd February 2011, 7:13 PM
I'm going with Snivy in Black (which will be the main one I play through), and Tepig in White. Snivy has been my favorite ever since they first revealed the starters, and I have a thing for grass types. Plus, I came up with the perfect nickname for her. I also really liked Tepig, but hated its evolutions... However, they grew on me, and now I'm excited to have one.

jabs4
22nd February 2011, 7:19 PM
No clue. Snivy looks pretty cool and I like Oshawott's final evolution. Tepig's line just seems a bit ironic. A pig that's a fire type. Makes me want to put a pig on a spit right now. =-o

Generic User Name
22nd February 2011, 7:21 PM
Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome! I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
Reshiram
Victini
Ho-Oh
Magmortar
Typhlosion

hever
22nd February 2011, 7:33 PM
Snivy, because I like the brattish attitude it exudes.

AmusedMilk
22nd February 2011, 7:34 PM
Tepig. I'm gonna call it: Manbearpig.

And he evolves into Ganon.

Arceus, The Original One
22nd February 2011, 7:45 PM
I'm going to choose Oshawott, as I really like it's design and it's evo's design :)

Sponge
22nd February 2011, 8:01 PM
I'll be choosing Oshawott.

If the third game comes out I'll probably pick Snivy for it...

Wow, I'm surprised Oshawott got so popular. I remember when everyone was complaining about how fugly it was XD

It was probably mostly due to Samurott that his popularity grew so much.....but I like to think Oshawott has also grown on people by it's own merit.

pokeotaku
22nd February 2011, 8:05 PM
Oshawott. I love the Water starters (except Piplup) and I love the Fire starters. I only choose grass if it's Turtwig (and I like Bulbasaur, but I prefer Squirtle or Charmander).

Anyways, I'll choose Oshawott for my main run in Black, then I'll choose Snivy for White. I was originally gonna get Tepig for White, but then I realized that the eventual 3rd version would probably feature the Ice/Dragon so Tepig would be good for that game. x)

gliscor&yanmega
22nd February 2011, 8:09 PM
Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome! I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
Reshiram
Victini
Ho-Oh
Magmortar
Typhlosion

People have different tastes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing.

pokeotaku
22nd February 2011, 8:09 PM
I'll be choosing Oshawott.

If the third game comes out I'll probably pick Snivy for it...

It was probably mostly due to Samurott that his popularity grew so much.....but I like to think Oshawott has also grown on people by it's own merit.

Yea, I remember Tepig being my favorite of the 3, but then Oshawott grew on me because it just did. And I also love his whole "Samurai theme" going on.

Snivy reminded me of Treecko, who is really cool but I was never fond of because I liked Swampert and Blaziken more.

And again, Tepig used to be my favorite that was announced, but I was slightly discouraged when finding out that he was another dual type Fire/Fighting and when finding out that he was a slow fire/fighting type. I'm kind of tired of the repeated trend with fire starters. Three in a row seems a bit much.

But like I said in my previous post, I'll use Tepig in the eventual 3rd game cuz of the ice dragon pokemon who is sure to be the main legendary, and because I like Tepig over Snivy.

shellshocker107
22nd February 2011, 8:12 PM
I'm chooing Snivy I just think it looks so cool as fr its nickname I haven't chosen that yet

Sponge
22nd February 2011, 8:16 PM
It was sort of funny for me because when the starter silhouettes were first revealed (so we didn't really know what they looked like except for shape), my ranking of the starters was:

1. Snivy
2. Oshawott
3. Tepig

Then when what the starters actually looked were revealed it changed to:

1. Oshawott
2. Tepig
3. Snivy

and then after first learning their evolutions:

1. Snivy
2. Oshawott
3. Tepig

However Samurott grew on me a lot...it was mostly due to the shocking difference that made me uneasy about him....but I really like him now so it's strongly this:

1. Oshawott
2. Snivy
3. Tepig

I don't remember my preference of starters ever jumping around so much as with this gen. :S

Chimchar15
22nd February 2011, 8:22 PM
People have different tastes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing.

I don't think he meant that seriously. Anyways I have to go with Osha...Sni...TEPIG!!!!! Yeah I said it Tepig, Tepig was really popular until the whole fire/fighting thing why is why a lot of people aren't choosing. Seriously Emboar looks amazing and has a great movepool.

Sponge
22nd February 2011, 8:26 PM
I bet another reason that Oshawott has become more popular is because he is absolutely amazing in the anime. I think people thought he'd be too much like Piplup....but he's different. I love how he'll get all buzzed up for a battle...then see this big creature looming over him and push Pikachu out on to the field. Anime Oshawott has a great personality.

I bet it was also because Oshawott in the anime was shown to be quite a happy pokemon, whereas when they were first revealed everyone thought Oshawott was depressed.

ZelOfLight
22nd February 2011, 8:30 PM
I love a good challenge, so I'm going with the grass type Snivy. Grass types just appeal to me, I don't know why. But in my other game I'm probably going with Oshawott. Sorry, Tepig, but you're really not a starter I'd ever choose. :)

Zelda007
22nd February 2011, 8:37 PM
I'm going with Tepig. While I actually had to decide between all three starters (it's normally a clear decision), I was drawn to Emboar's design the most. Also, I can nickname him Ganonpork, and that's a huge plus in my book.

Psychic Silver
22nd February 2011, 8:45 PM
Oshawott,I have always picked fire starters in all the game sI have played but Tepig and its evolutions look horrible,Oshawott on the other hand looks cool and for some reason he reminds me of the epicness of squirtle.

Sharpedo_14
22nd February 2011, 8:47 PM
I shall pick Snivy. I think it is the best starter. He may not have the best movepool but I can overcome that easy. Plus his final form is awesome. Plus it is fast and has pretty decent defenses. Also I may soft reset for a shiny one because they are amazing looking.

Ace Trainer Alex
22nd February 2011, 9:49 PM
I always go with the grass starter. Only rarely have I gone with something else. So Snivy it is.

Wallaroo42
22nd February 2011, 9:57 PM
Tepig!

Because I love it's design. And Emboar's design. I like all the starters this time around but the little piggy pretty much had me sold since the beginning and nothing has been able to defer me, not even the awkward stat spread (why no defense emboar? :C)

Flaming beard FTW

vikingsteve
22nd February 2011, 10:02 PM
Snivy. Higher speed... and I want to test out the combo I have in mind for Serperior (juggling with Dragon Tail/Wring Out)

I can't believe Vine Whip only has 15 uses. It used to be 10... how is 15 better?!

Cobalt_Latios
22nd February 2011, 10:09 PM
Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome!
I think it looks awesome too... I'm just turned off by the fact that it hardly gets any Fighting type moves. I mean, sure, it does get them, but they're not in the most "easiest" way to obtain.

I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
Reshiram
Victini
Ho-Oh
Magmortar
Typhlosion
The lack of Chandelure disturbs me. To each their own I guess.

As for me, I choosing Snivy, as I have an affinity towards the more reptilian group (only exception being with Cyndaquil). That, and despite it's supposedly "limited" movepool, it's mainly a grass type with draconic aspects, and it can use those well enough. And I'm most likely going to be using Serperior in White.

If I do eventually get Black (which I plan on doing this summer), I'll likely be picking Oshawott, since it too has grown on me, and Samurott just looks awesome. Not sure about it's moveset, but hey, I'm not all that worried.

/CL

Lorde
22nd February 2011, 10:09 PM
Oshawott all the way baby! I just have a soft spot for little Oshawott, so I'm going to be choosing it as my Starter Pokemon in Pokemon Black. I was planning on using something else, but I figure that Oshawott will ultimately be the better choice. I used to think that Oshawott was otterly ridiculous, but after seeing it in action in the anime, I know that it's a great Pokemon to have around.

Angry Ancestor
22nd February 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm happy for Oshawott. I remember the age where everyone, and I mean everyone, hated "Wotter." Look at him now. :)

RoninOtterai
22nd February 2011, 10:14 PM
take a guess as to who my starter was and will be agaiin in english....Like a poster above me, daikenki reminds me of when i first saw blastoise and told myself i must have him. He is like the antithesis of blastoise. mammal/reptile, warm/cold blooded, dual canons of epicness/dual swords of epicness, clean shaved look/ manly bearded look....etc.

bleeding-chocobo
22nd February 2011, 10:18 PM
I'll be choosing Oshawott during my first playthrough in Black. :) I love his design, and his final evo is just amazing. I'll have to think up a good nickname for mine. I very rarely choose the water starter, but I love this guy, so he'll be journeying with me through Unova.

Then, when I start over I'll go with Tepig, then Snivy. (I always end up using each starter at one point).

Chaos Emperor
22nd February 2011, 10:20 PM
Tepig. I always choose the fire starter.

river-wolf
22nd February 2011, 10:21 PM
Whoa, I'm surprised so many people are choosing Oshawott. I thought Snivy was going to be the most popular starter.

Anyway, I'm choosing Oshawott, at least for the first go round. I seem to always either love the fire type or water type starters, and since I'm not a huge fan of Tepig's evolutions, I'm going with Oshawott. Although, since I'm likely getting Black version as well, I'll probaby choose Snivy for that one. I must say, out of all the Pokemon games so far, I think it will be my favorite grass starter. Both it and Oshawott have EPIC looking final evolutions!

shady56
22nd February 2011, 10:21 PM
i would like to have all three but its oshawott for me i always chose the grass and fire starters everytime i started out and i think its final evolution just drawn me in and it has a good movepool to me

Mister_SGG
22nd February 2011, 10:22 PM
I pre ordered White, and I'm picking Oshawott.

I'll eventually buy Black, and then it's Tepig, despite Fire-Fighting- getting old.

vikingsteve
22nd February 2011, 10:25 PM
It's just too bad none of the starters' final forms look badass. I mean, Samurott is the closest one to badass, but he's got nothing on Typhlosion, Charizard, or Blaziken. I'd probably have picked Tepig if Emboar didn't have the Fighting type with weak movesets (and bad speed... Fire type with bad speed = no no)

Missingno.Fan
22nd February 2011, 10:26 PM
I am going to take Snivy on my Black. I would have taken Tepig but I don't like the looks of it's evolved forms. I usually go for fire or grass types.

ShinyShelgon
22nd February 2011, 10:40 PM
Oshawott because I always choose the water type!
Plus Samurott just looks incredible - can't wait for it to make it's first appearance in the anime!

Kichōna
22nd February 2011, 10:58 PM
Oshawott baby! Allllll the way! ;)

First off, its absolutely ADORABLE. Second, I LOVE all the evolutions. Third, its a water type and lastly, just because I think Oshawott and I make a great team <3

I like Tepig's first evolution (He looks soooo Kichōna!!! :D), but the rest, heh heh... just not for me. ^^'

And Snivy...well, I WAS considering the little devil for my starter at first but after watching the new Black&White T.V. series, no offense to Snivy lovers/choosers but I just wanted to slap him bonkers! He seemed so cocky and...and stubborn!

But now I know, (after CAREFUL observation) that Oshawott is mine <3 I shall name her Kasumi or Isora! Isora is the name of the Japanese god of the seashore and Kasumi is a female Japanese name meaning "mist" or "fog"

KickAsh
22nd February 2011, 11:06 PM
Tepig because it's undeniably adorable, and I love its evolutions. Also, Emboar's low Speed and Defense suck, but its movepool (Boiling Water, Wild Bolt), design, interesting possible sets, and great Attack are awesome. Second play through is a toss-up, but will probably be all about Oshawott.

Myrrh
22nd February 2011, 11:20 PM
I'm choosing snivy because I am going to soft reset for a female and snivy's egg moves interested me the most out of the three. Also because my sister is choosing tepig and I always choose the fire starter, but I didn't want us to start out with the same one.

CaptainBrain
22nd February 2011, 11:54 PM
I'm choosing Snivy. I typically pick the water starter, but Snivy's 'attitude' and evolution chain won me over.

Beck
23rd February 2011, 12:06 AM
Oshawott.

Traditionally I've always started with the Water starter. I'm not a huge fan of Grass Pokemon and am a little upset with Tepig's Fire/Fighting evolutions. I'll admit, something different would have been nice. I won't be at loss without Tepig's Fighting type, either. BW has quite a few Fighting types that I'm more than impressed with.

Pre-Elite Four I'm not as concerned about movepools as I am their looks and learning about them.

locomo
23rd February 2011, 12:12 AM
Snivy! So I can get SERPERIOR!

Face it guys, hes superiror ;D

Needs a Deoxys
23rd February 2011, 12:29 AM
I really don't know. It's probably between Snivy and Oshawott because I like their lines better. Tepig's not bad however. I usually pick the fire type though and I almost never pick the water type, so I'm not sure.

I'm leaning toward Oshawott in White and Snivy in Black but I'm subject to change my mind at any second. I guess Tepig won't completely be left out, as I'll pick it when Pokemon Gray comes out (Yes I'm calling it).

kogawolfman
23rd February 2011, 12:59 AM
Oshawott, because it has always appealed to me since it was revealed. And then its voice in the anime is adorable and tugs at my heartstrings.

I find it extremely interesting though, that there was an enormous amount of hate for Oshawott the first few months (or more) after it was revealed and almost everyone wanted to pick Snivy; and now the poll results obviously depict something quite different.

Aquarelle
23rd February 2011, 1:30 AM
On my Japanese Black, I chose Snivy because I knew my sister wouldn't (doesn't really like grass starters), and because I don't want to use Snivy whenever I get White in English. :p

Whenever I get White, I will most likely be using Tepig. This is because I know my sister likes Oshawott the best, so she'll be chosing that if she gets the game. This leaves me with Tepig, so that we'll have all the starters bewteen us.

Haxorusfan
23rd February 2011, 1:48 AM
Oshawot!!!!! Love his move set and he looks awesome!!!!!! http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/bw/sprites/front/shiny/503_daikenki_front_shiny.png

PokeFandom
23rd February 2011, 1:53 AM
I'm choosing Snivy. I always choose the water starter each gen. I'm shaking it up and choosing grass. Not sure on a nickname though.

Raikou_fan
23rd February 2011, 2:11 AM
I'm definately going for Oshawott! Out of the three, it's the one that appealed to me most, and I almost always pick the water starter first anyway. Also, I think it's the one that will be most useful in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Snivy or Tepig. I actually like them both. With Snivy, I couldn't make it fit my team very well. However, I would like to build a team around a perversity Jalorda(or whatever the English name is) at some point. Maybe I'll do that for Grey. As for Tepig, I just kind of resent Emboar for being ANOTHER fire/fighting type. I actually think I would enjoy using it, I just can't stand the thought of using ANOTHER fire/fighting starter.

Mindo
23rd February 2011, 2:40 AM
I plan on ignoring my starter and training a Pidove instead. Though I am thinking of picking Mijumaru so my rival won't be using any ice-type moves against me. Then again, Emboar learns rock type moves... I'm still undecided! I'll decide once I get the game.

Ophie
23rd February 2011, 3:13 AM
I'm going to pick Tepig because this is the starter I suspect will be the least popular. So far, it looks like I'm right.

I went to the mall tour at the Westfield Santa Anita last weekend, and Oshawott turned out to be the most popular starter there. They were sold out of Oshawott plushes first, and they were almost out of Oshawott styli.

luxrayshock
23rd February 2011, 3:22 AM
I had a tough time choosing between snivy and oshawott. I think I'll go with snivy because i want to use only 1 water poke on my ingame team and I'd rather it now be my starter.

Qymaen
23rd February 2011, 3:28 AM
Tsutarja- the Bulbasaur snake ;001;

KKInu
23rd February 2011, 3:56 AM
Tepig in one version, likely my main one, and Oshawott in the other for SURE. Last gen was the only gen where I failed to follow my pattern of picking the fire starter and I would like to go back to my old pattern. Plus I really like Tepig and he's currently the underdog now.

I'm picking Oshawott in the other version almost for the sole purpose of getting to battle Cilan, though I'm quite fond of the Daikenki line in general.

I like Snivy, but I'll likely wait til' the third version to pick one. I love grass types but for some reason I often fail to pick the grass starters

Ememew
23rd February 2011, 4:11 AM
Tepig in the first game I start. I try to rotate the types I start with, and I've done Grass (Turtwig) and Water (Totodile) recently, so next up is Fire. Since I'm getting both games, my other starter will be Snivy or Oshawott, but I haven't decided which one yet.

The Oncoming Storm
23rd February 2011, 4:52 AM
Im going to start by using oshawott in white cause its bad as all hell. And then try the other two on mah black.

hever
23rd February 2011, 4:56 AM
I'm going to start with Snivy in black because it's more bad than all hell. But my brother will probably start out with Tepig because it's his DS. I'm mad. >:(

Bguy7
23rd February 2011, 5:02 AM
I am going to choose tepig (i like pokubu better)

The reason I want him is mostly becouse I dont want the other ones. at first i wanted snivy but I cant help my self from thinking that it will be like sceptile. (a starter that looks powerful but isn't all that good.) And whenever I look at oshowatt I see piplup (shivers) so that leaves tepig. also I like fire starters. (except chimchar)

hever
23rd February 2011, 5:04 AM
I am going to choose tepig (i like pokubu better)

The reason I want him is mostly becouse I dont want the other ones. at first i wanted snivy but I cant help my self from thinking that it will be like sceptile. (a starter that looks powerful but isn't all that good.) And whenever I look at oshowatt I see piplup (shivers) so that leaves tepig. also I like fire starters. (except chimchar)

It's Pokabu. :)
And I was going to choose Tepig but was dismayed that his final evo's typing was that of fire starters of generations prior.

flash041891
23rd February 2011, 5:11 AM
I was planning on getting all three but my cousin decided that me him and my brother get different ones.
So I decided to get Oshawott. He is my favorite of the three and I've gotten the water starter the past two generations.

illucio
23rd February 2011, 5:18 AM
I originally started with Snivy in my Pokemon White, but I originally intended to pick Oshawott but my friend refused otherwise... Snivy, and Oshawott are just awesome. I can't decide between them, I had someone decide for me. XD
I'm most likely picking up Oshawott when I get my black, but that's only because the friend who picked snivy is getting a snivy so we are just going to have one of us keep restarting our game to get all starters each.

Chairman
23rd February 2011, 5:41 AM
Usually for me I never go with fire......

And BW will be no exception. IMHO Emboar is one of the worst pokemon I have ever seen, and it kinda sucks becuase tepig looks pretty cool.
I will be choosing oshawott because it's final evo looks really cool, serperior isn't bad either, maybe I will use it for a second playthrough

ShadowSplash
23rd February 2011, 5:44 AM
Tsutarja, because it's actually somewhat cute, plus it's grass.. Even if it's final evolution is meh. Pokabu and Mijumaru are really cute too, but their final evolutions are terrible.

icelord0626
23rd February 2011, 5:44 AM
I'm getting both so what I'll do is get Oshawatt in Black(primary) then one starter in White, trade it to Black, then restart White. Get the other starter in White and then trade it to Black. I always do this.

SHIFTER01
23rd February 2011, 5:47 AM
Snivy for me. the other starters aren't really cool enough to merit starting a game with either imo, but I'll probably end up trading in a Tepig just for the hell of it.

;136; Dude

Zhanton
23rd February 2011, 5:53 AM
I remember the day the starters were revealed. Snivy looked weird but likeable, Tepig looked odd with its ears but it was still cute. Oshawott? My reaction was: "What in the world is that thing?!? ITS SO ADORABLE!"
And I decided to use it from that moment on.

Funny, Oshawott copped a lot of hate when revealed, as did Daikenki when it was leaked. Which is the most popular starter this gen? The little Water type!

DarkPikachu606
23rd February 2011, 5:55 AM
on black im gonna go with tepig because i like the design. white im gonna choose snivy

Clubinhand
23rd February 2011, 7:30 AM
I usually enjoy playing the grass pokemon In game more as I feel there harder to build there move sets effectively in an interesting manner to make In game some what challenging otherwise I find myself just playing a hyper aggressive team which I feel gets boring in game. But this time I'm going to try the water dude cause well Emboar doesn't look interesting since its the 3rd fighting/fire type in a row and the worst one yet. Plus I despise perversity its a dumb ability that turns his move set into spam leaf storm which gets boring to play with immediately.

I may still play snivy but I will never use him in dream world and convert to leaf storm spam its way to boring.

Poke_Mania97
23rd February 2011, 11:29 AM
my friend said he was gonna pick snivy, and he really ticks me off, so im gonna get oshawott now! you may think im crazy, but trust me, i know how to beat the weakness' of my pokemon

ShyniHunter
23rd February 2011, 12:56 PM
Oshawott! :'D A second choice will be Tepig.

ryluke1204
23rd February 2011, 1:02 PM
i will choose tepig cose his stats are good i recall my best time playing pokemon when i choose a fire-type starter

SingleSyllable
23rd February 2011, 1:19 PM
I am getting all three, but my favourite is Oshawott because he looks the best throughout most of his evolutions; I am not feeling the starters this generation around.

JamWiy
23rd February 2011, 1:25 PM
I'll be choosing Oshawott for White because I like the designs of the evo's and in Black, I'll be choosing Tepig because I always like the fire starter and I always pick fire starters since FireRed and Leafgreen.

Rocketeer
23rd February 2011, 2:20 PM
Snivy. I always use Grass or Water starters and that final evolution looks just too badass.
But I know my friend is gonna pick Tepig, so I'll train an awesome water Pokémon to beat that.

Valoo.
23rd February 2011, 2:52 PM
Oshawott because I love otters and none of the other water types appeal to me.

SnugNBouncy
23rd February 2011, 5:15 PM
No surprises with the results of this poll...
I'm pretty torn between the starters. Snivy isn't a particularly bad starter, I don't know how much I like Serperior though... Just looks a little awkward to me.
Tepig I would take just because it is pretty obviously under appreciated. I wasn't a fan of Emboar but lately I'm getting more accustomed to its design.
Unfortunately, I will probably end up taking the ever popular Oshawott. It's evolution line is just too aesthetically pleasing to pass up and, compared to the other starters, it's really uncontested.

Green Blockhead
23rd February 2011, 5:26 PM
It's Snivy for me.

Serperior looks like Reptilicus. Reptilicus is only a small thing, I bet none of you will have ever heard of the monster.

Similarity:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/GuardianSoul_love/Jalorda.png

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/thumb/6/6c/Reptilicus.jpg/300px-Reptilicus.jpg

Nomytaker
23rd February 2011, 5:27 PM
Snivy on Black (only starter I liked when they were shown.

Oshawott on White (will not be evolving it past Dewott, recently started watching the Anime, and he's quite cool.)

Iceberg
23rd February 2011, 6:04 PM
It is a tough choice. I think that Snivy and its evolutions look really great. And it will be interesting to see a fast defensive pokemon.

On the other hand, Oshawott and its evolutions look pretty cool, and has all around decent stats.

I think Tepig and its evolutions are ugly. I just feel that the Fire/Fighting starter has run dry. I was good with Blaziken.

Overall I will probably pick Oshawott because it has a good movepool, great stats, and looks pretty awesome.

poke-lord
23rd February 2011, 6:07 PM
Stuck between Tepig and Oshawott.

Tepig will be called: Emboar
Oshawott: Oswald

Palamon
23rd February 2011, 6:09 PM
I'm going to choose Oshawatt in White, and Shiny in Black.

If they make a third version, I'll choose Tepig. :)

snivy123
23rd February 2011, 6:20 PM
i dont know probably snivy;493;:surfpika:;249-d;;306;;488;;245;;492-s;;377;;munchlax;;330;:172bros::meowthbal;381;;483 ;:club:;470;;manyula;;181;:025ball:;471;;201-j;

Arcamenel
23rd February 2011, 6:22 PM
I'm definitely gonna get Oshawott on white. It's friggin adorable and Dewott looks BA. In Black I will probably get Snivy because it's my second favorite of the starters. I will get Tepig in Grey if/when it comes out.

snivy123
23rd February 2011, 6:27 PM
i would choose snivy;251;because its cool

WhiteForest
23rd February 2011, 6:34 PM
I am going to choose snivy, but cannot think of a nickname. Any suggestions? By the way, I am new and am not sure if my signature is too large or not. (if so I will edit it) thanks!

Lorde
23rd February 2011, 6:37 PM
Funny, Oshawott copped a lot of hate when revealed, as did Daikenki when it was leaked. Which is the most popular starter this gen? The little Water type!

I find it ironic as well. In fact, I'm almost tempted to re-read the old B/W threads to see exactly which members found Oshawott to be ugly/bland/whatever. It would be interesting to see how many of them have changed their minds haha. Anyway, I'd just like to clarify that I am not choosing Oshawott because I want to "follow the crowd" or anything similar. I liked Oshawott since the first day I saw it. I then fell in love with the little critter a few weeks later when I finally got to see it in action.

Vodka Haze
23rd February 2011, 6:41 PM
Snivy, just because it is a snake and I also want to nickname him "SMUGLEAF" :P

tmega90
23rd February 2011, 7:11 PM
My brother is going to be choosing Tepig. That is is favorite starter from Black and White.

willypiggy
23rd February 2011, 7:16 PM
I really can't decide! I'm not too fond of the new starters but I think I will most likely go for Tepig or Oshawott, I don't want to get the same as my girlfriend so we can trade since we don't have wireless at the moment.

Monster_Breeder
23rd February 2011, 9:12 PM
Snivy, it's sleak, looks like a snake (which I love!), plus it's evolutions are quite awesome. It's essentially a defensive speed demon...odd...but I'll play with it. :)

Sklobington
23rd February 2011, 9:21 PM
Tepig because it has the best movepool

yeminied
23rd February 2011, 9:32 PM
I'm really not sure.

It definitely won't be Tepig, not because I don't like it but just because I prefer the other two more.

Snivy is my favourite but I'll be getting White first as my replay game and Black later as my main game. I would like to get Snivy for my main game.

I don't particularly like Samurott a whole lot but it's starting to grow on me.

Well, Snivy will be the one I choose first, most likely. I really don't know but that one's my favourite at this point.

Juxta-Me
23rd February 2011, 9:45 PM
I'll be going with Snivy, mainly because I for some reason always choose the grass starter. Plus I like how it and it's Evo's look over Oshawott and Tepig's Evos.

Klutzybear
24th February 2011, 12:07 AM
Tepig! :3

I love that cute little thing. For some reason, it reminds me of Ryoga from Ranma 1/2. I don't know why, maybe it's because of that Ranma marathon I ran through a few months ago? >__>

I HATE it's evolutions though. Way too ugly for me. So I'll never evolve it.

At least he'll learn some good movesets early on. :3

Nmy
24th February 2011, 12:13 AM
Snivy cause i said so.

Grei
24th February 2011, 12:22 AM
Here's my take.

I love each starter, probably too much. ^_^ ALL of them have their perks. When they were first revealed, Tepig was the one I loved the most. I was sure I would pick the Fire Starter this time around. Tepig's evos are awesome, even if I didn't think so when they were first revealed. Its movepool is vast and its stats are good enough. Problem is, its slow. While I don't mind slow starters (hell, my favorite starter and Pokemon is Torterra), I prefer that they are defense-oriented if they are slow. Emboar is a powerful attacker with mediocre to poor defenses, and is slow at that. While I like the design, Emboar's not he starter for me right now.

Snivy wasn't ever anything special to me, at first. I thought of it as a Treecko-esque Pokemon and so he wasn't too interesting to me. After seeing its evolutions, I really grew to like it. Serperior is awesome! Also, its defensive, which I like. I adored Altaria because its Defense and Sp. Def were higher than its Atk and Sp. Atk, which were both equally mediocre. I loved that it was versatile with attack options, while still not being an attacker on its own. That's why I love Serperior (beyond his awesome design). Thing is... its movepool is so barren that I feel compelled moreso by Lilligant (who can abuse Petal Dance really well, making up for her barren movepool). While I see no problem in using Snivy as a Starter in-game, I would much rather wait until the 3rd version to use one. Specifically, I want to wait and see if a Dream World event (maybe an egg event?) will occur that releases the Unova Starters with their dream world abilities. If I can, I'd like to use Snivy with Perversity, rather than in-game with Overgrow. For that reason, I'm not picking Snivy.

I pick Oshawott. Oshawott screams awesome and became my favorite Starter after I was initially disgusted by it when it was first revealed. And while I hated Samurott, it's become another starter favorite. The sword aspect is awesome and its attack-oriented stats are great (without making its other stats really awful like Emboar does).

bushie
24th February 2011, 12:53 AM
is anyone else warming up to tepig.at first i said it blows but now hmm

BW202
24th February 2011, 1:28 AM
I like all of this generation's starters equal (like Hoenn's who are the best to me). At first I really liked Tepig and Snivy the best but not so much Oshawott. Now that I've seen the anime, I've grown to adore Oshawott and I like them all equal. I'm going with Snivy because I want a little challenge and he is actually a tiny bit more liked by me. Btw why are people hating on Emboar? I can understand if you're a girl, but he's so bulky and masculine, it gives him a sort of swagger.

lucario beast
24th February 2011, 1:30 AM
white tepig
black oshawott

RainbowBob
24th February 2011, 1:34 AM
Oshowott :D Water is the easiest one to start with :D

Asmoday
24th February 2011, 1:43 AM
Not many people want to chose the fire type this gen
ive always have and will continue to stick with fire as my starter
and that would be tepig!

4Loko
24th February 2011, 1:53 AM
Everytime a new pokemon game comes I used to go with a grass type but since treeko failed me on sapphire I went with Piplup on pearl and at the end of the game that useless penguin failed me too so im gonna go with a fire type this time around Tepig it is.

Felix Thunderheart
24th February 2011, 2:01 AM
Shivy on my main file and Tepig or Oshawott on my female file. For my female file it all in what my friend pick for his female file. Me and my friend getting both games. My main file is black and his white. He going get Oshawott, because he start off with water pokemon. With me it just random. I like Shiny so I going with it with my black, With my friend Black, he don't know, and with my white it not going be same as both is his games.

antuzd
24th February 2011, 2:09 AM
im getting tepig
my bro is getting snivy
and my friend is getting oshawott so in the end we'll all have all 3

Tyrannotaur
24th February 2011, 2:09 AM
Tepig is who I choose when they revealed the starters. I saw him and said "Fire Pig, awesome!. Using that." So I'm going to keep my word to myself and use him. I'm not thrilled about him being fire/fighting but I hear he is still a great pokemon.

Snivy will be my secondary game's choice.

-;248;

Dragonshock
24th February 2011, 2:36 AM
Definitely Tepig.

Snivy lacks power and Oshawott lacks something special. Tepig has a good performance at the gyms and an interesting movepool.

pokeaussie37
24th February 2011, 2:40 AM
I will use all of them on at least one playthrough, but I will probably pick Smugleaf first, Oshawott a close second, and Tepig third. At least with starter's you're always assured of a good Pokemon, and no matter which one you pick it's not going to help you with the first gym.

ayeeprill
24th February 2011, 3:02 AM
I can't decide between Snivy and Oshawatt!

Snivy is so..snooty and fierce, whereas Oshawott is adorable and its final form is epic.

cdbat88
24th February 2011, 4:33 AM
well i start with tepig always like having a fire pokemon as my starter. also if i get both version i would pick oshwatt cuz he wicked cool in the show and cool pokemon in general

XDLugia
24th February 2011, 4:36 AM
I'm gonna go with Snivy.

Reasons:
A) I always pick the reptile. Lol.
B) Oshawott looks too similar to Piplup.
C) Fire/Fighting starters are getting REEEAAAALLL old.

IatosHaunted
24th February 2011, 4:48 AM
Snivy. It's my favorite of the first-forms, and it and Oshawott are tied for my favorite second- and third-forms. Couldn't care less about Tepig. -.-

Thundercat2
24th February 2011, 7:43 AM
Snivy for both. I like it's final evolution. Handsome snake/dragon with cat ears LOL.

Relinquicide
24th February 2011, 8:43 AM
Oshawott - Final form looks cool, and I almost never pick the water type.

Tepig - I don't like the look of it, and the type is NOT original.

Snivy - always pick the grass type, so not picking grass for a change.

TR4eva
24th February 2011, 11:49 AM
I'm going to choose Snivy because it looks awesome and I like snakes :)
Plus, I seem to always choose the grass starter (apart from with Platinum because I chose Piplup as the female character is Dawn.)

LostMetagross
24th February 2011, 12:17 PM
For Pokémon white, Bacon the Tepig. His final form is EPICISHNESS I mean come on now. His sholders are on FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Anydays.
For Pokémon black, Herbie the Snivy. Eversince I chose turtwig i've beeen liking grass types. His movepool is pretty bad, maybe but hes nice a speedy and im choosing a pretty slow team sooooooooooooo. Hes mine!
Oshawott.. I was ganna trade so i could have all three but oshawott is just... lacking somthing. I dunno... so no Oshawott.

Bulbatordile
24th February 2011, 12:31 PM
I'll be picking Oshawott. I like all its stages, particularly Samurott. Its one of my favourite 5th gen water pokemon and my favourite water starter since Mudkip.

tailsxcream fan
24th February 2011, 3:17 PM
Tepig whats not to like? he's the cutest starter and the best fire since Charmander. The downside his evolution's are terrible and put me off evolving it so I'm not going to. Snivy has the best one's.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
24th February 2011, 3:45 PM
Oshawott. Tepig's final evolution is so ugly, Snivy's final is a carbon copy of Milotic, and Oshawott's final is a NARWHALS NARWHALS SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN! Also, Oshawott has the best movepool and stats. And gives you the ability to use Darmanitan, the best Fire type in the game (apart from Reshiram, but I'm playing White.)

Timmetje01
24th February 2011, 5:09 PM
Probably Oshawott, I don't like Tepig's last evolution.
Also I like a pokemon with steady (Spec.)Attack/(Spec.)Defense stats.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
24th February 2011, 5:42 PM
Tepig. It's not appriciated enough.

Suerte17
24th February 2011, 6:45 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding between Oshawott and Snivy. I've thought Oshawott was adorable since day one, and its final evolution is cool (samurai otter with a sword = awesome) and has good base stats. As for Snivy, I adore Serperior's design, but its base stat distribution is odd and kind of useless, in my opinion. I may end up picking Oshawott, though, since I never start the first runthrough with a Water starter (with the exception of in LeafGreen) and I prefer Lilligant over Serperior.

ChosenDev
24th February 2011, 7:23 PM
I'm really torn between Snivy and Oshawott. Can't decide... any good reasons to choose one over the other?

Nibbles4Ever
24th February 2011, 8:55 PM
I'm really torn between Snivy and Oshawott. Can't decide... any good reasons to choose one over the other?

Snivy's final evo is the fastest out of all of them but also has the lowest base attack so I would go with Oshawot, it has higher base attack.

vikingsteve
24th February 2011, 9:27 PM
Tepig whats not to like? he's the cutest starter and the best fire since Charmander. The downside his evolution's are terrible and put me off evolving it so I'm not going to. Snivy has the best one's.

Them's fightin' words.

HankTank
24th February 2011, 9:52 PM
water on white, then grass on black, then fire on next play through. just how i do..

DucksGoMooful
24th February 2011, 10:10 PM
On White (which I'm getting first), Snivy. Why? Because he is the coolest-looking.
If I get Black, I will probably pick Tepig, because I like the fire type.

Mrs Mime
24th February 2011, 10:23 PM
Snivy... maybe.

Kiseki
24th February 2011, 10:45 PM
I will be choosing Snivy because I tend to stick with the grass-types nowadays.

Ophie
25th February 2011, 12:20 AM

Word up on that!

In addition, it's most advantageous to pick the least popular starter because that one will be the highest in demand. People who aim to collect all three will have a harder time getting the least popular starter unless they pick that starter with the same idea.

greenboot1228
25th February 2011, 1:12 AM
oshawott because its precious and its final evo is just epic :D but if i get the other version too then i'll get snivy and tepig for 3rd game, but oshawott is epic!!!!! i dont like his or his evo's names tho so imma name it something cool like hubert cummberdale or just josh lol

Burakoru
25th February 2011, 2:14 AM
Snivy, it's awesome and I love a good snake grass type. I'm gonna name it Zim.

Mindo
25th February 2011, 3:12 AM
I find it ironic as well. In fact, I'm almost tempted to re-read the old B/W threads to see exactly which members found Oshawott to be ugly/bland/whatever. It would be interesting to see how many of them have changed their minds haha. Anyway, I'd just like to clarify that I am not choosing Oshawott because I want to "follow the crowd" or anything similar. I liked Oshawott since the first day I saw it. I then fell in love with the little critter a few weeks later when I finally got to see it in action.

I'm starting to lean this way, since my first thought of Oshawott was that it was a kitten. I really don't like pigs, and my friend claimed Snivy for herself. I've only loved Oshawott more and more the more I see him in the manga.

Squibelala
25th February 2011, 3:48 AM
I am going to pick Snivy for White and Oshawott for Black. I just love snakes, everything about them is so cool. I also love the grass starters, so Snivy fits in perfectly there. I am going to pick Oshawott for Black because I love his third evolution. SEA UNICORN!

DestroyerOfWorlds
25th February 2011, 4:29 AM
Oshawott because I kinda think waiting for a DW Serperior is worth it if I can spam Leaf Storm, and Emboar is... well... probably the worst Pokemon of its type in Gen. V (Worst fire type, horribly outclassed in terms of Fighting types..... the list goes on.)

Weaver_8
25th February 2011, 4:38 AM

Amen sister! Tepig demands respect! Yes I shall be getting him for my white walkthrough. To tell the truth I even love Emboar and Pignite, I don't really mind them being the THIRD FIRE/FIGHTING starters in the series. Honestly though if the next gen has another fire fighting combo that is a starter I will go into coma from hitting my head on my computer monitor.

Tyrannotaur
25th February 2011, 5:03 AM

Word up on that!

In addition, it's most advantageous to pick the least popular starter because that one will be the highest in demand. People who aim to collect all three will have a harder time getting the least popular starter unless they pick that starter with the same idea.

Amen sister! Tepig demands respect! Yes I shall be getting him for my white walkthrough. To tell the truth I even love Emboar and Pignite, I don't really mind them being the THIRD FIRE/FIGHTING starters in the series. Honestly though if the next gen has another fire fighting combo that is a starter I will go into coma from hitting my head on my computer monitor.

I agree. Tepig users unite! He needs more love. And he helps with Lenora and her Watchog, so that's cool. Just because he is the same type combo is no real reason to overlook him. Personally I love his design. If you don't thats cool too however.
-;248;

BW202
25th February 2011, 5:17 AM
I agree, Tepig's design is really cool. I didn't expect a fire type to be based on a pig, it's interesting.

Btw, HankTank change your sig! That scene can still bring a tear to my eye :'(

Josiah
25th February 2011, 5:20 AM
Oshawatt. I'm sick of Fire/Fighting types and I've never been terribly fond of pure Grass types. Also, it's a samurai otter.

EnGallade
25th February 2011, 5:29 AM
So choosing Oshawott i can not say no to the little otter besides i like Dewott and Samurott ^^

Serebii!
25th February 2011, 5:52 AM
When I get Pokemon White i'll be choosing Oshawott because it looks the best

undrhil
25th February 2011, 6:20 AM
I'll be choosing Oshawatt. I picked Squirtle in FireRed (and way back in Blue on the GB.) I picked Mudkip in Ruby and Emerald (except for my current playthrough, wherein I am training a Treecko.) I picked Piplup in Diamond.

When I played Silver (and SoulSilver), I picked Chikorita, just because I thought the thing was cute. Ok? You happy? IT WAS CUTE! :: Deep breath, deep breath ::

When I played Platinum, I picked Turtwig, cause I was going to form a new "Turtle Squad" and have all the Pokemon that are based on various Turtles. Well, there's a new Turtle in this game, so I'll probably transfer that team over from Platinum to my White game so I can fulfill my goal! :)

Sorry. Where were we? Oh yes, who would we pick for our starter. Right. Well, I think I've said enough here.

AmpharosFanatic
25th February 2011, 6:25 AM
Not only am I going with Tepig, but I plan, for the first time ever, to give my starting pokemon a nickname! Tepig will be not so cleverly known as P-Chan, in honor of Ranma 1/2, a favorite of mine....

I just wish I didn't have to evolve him/her as I actually prefer the look of Tepig's first form to its others by a lot.

Kaasuti
25th February 2011, 9:02 AM
I'm picking Tepig. I've picked the fire types ever since the start of Pokemon. I generally don't like the other starters. I do think Oshawott may be the exception though.

Satoshi 91
25th February 2011, 9:40 AM
I really want to have all 3, which I did for Red and FireRed as I liked all 3 starters in that gen. But because you have to beat the first gym before you can trade, I'll have to pick one. I can't decide between Tepig and Oshawott..

Arch
25th February 2011, 10:16 AM
Snivy because of its speed and high defenses plus i can just up its attacks with a protein and such tepig is not very good looking and im tired of the fire/fighting oshawatt does look good but i usually pick grass starters over water

Dragard
25th February 2011, 10:38 AM
I hate going with the most popular choice, but regardless, I'm going with Oshawott. A freaking samurai otter? Hell yeah. Also, Samurrot has two swords and can stand on two legs. A dual wielding sea-lion? =D

Zhanton
25th February 2011, 10:40 AM
Snivy because of its speed and high defenses plus i can just up its attacks with a protein and such
You do realise you can raise the Attack of any Pokemon with a Protein...?

NorthernLord
25th February 2011, 11:02 AM
This is going to be a really hard decision to make.
One the one hand I don't want to go mainstream, chosing Oswahott. Therefore I decided I'll go for tepig. But on the other hand I'm sick of fire/fight pokemon. First a fire-fighter-chicken, then a fire-fighter-monkey AND NOW A FIRE-FIGHTER PIG?!? If they had kept out the "fighting" part, then I'd be okay with it.
And I won't be chosing Snivy, cause I don't like snakes... Also I'm doing a playthrough with chikorita in HG right now, so I want something else than grass pokemon....

:(

Poke_Mania97
25th February 2011, 11:07 AM
i thought oshawott was ugly and a cheap ripoff of piplup. then it grew on me, especially in the anime. hes so cute now. ah man his eyes and how he says 'osha'

Snivy is also awseome, but i hope my mate can trade me one of his. i also have a fear of snakes.

tepig- looks cute, but dont like pignite and emboar.

wicked_craig
25th February 2011, 6:49 PM
I'll be choosing Oshawott. I always choose the water type for the starter. I like the look of Snivy and Tepig is quite cool but I can't stand its evolutions.

Kenny Pkmn Trainer
25th February 2011, 6:54 PM
Oshawott teh best(like his final form)! yay! The Unicorn Overseas vs The Lava Piggy!

UnovaSwampert
25th February 2011, 6:57 PM
Oshawott because of Samurott.

:025n172:

EzzPeon
25th February 2011, 7:03 PM
Snivy. Ech, just because I like it and I allways choose the grass one.
Oshawott is also great, and so is its evolution. I guess I will choose Oshawott on the 3rd version.

Absol Wings
25th February 2011, 7:15 PM
Tepig of course. Emboar's so freaking cool! :D :D :D :D
I also like Jaroda, but not his two pre-evos. And I just hate the whole Oshawott line :P

Squibelala
25th February 2011, 7:20 PM
I hate going with the most popular choice, but regardless, I'm going with Oshawott. A freaking samurai otter? Hell yeah. Also, Samurrot has two swords and can stand on two legs. A dual wielding sea-lion? =D

Sea Lion? I believe you mean sea unicorn XD

AmpharosUltimatum
25th February 2011, 8:50 PM
I do believe I will be picking Snivy.

I discussed this with a friend of mine, and he told me that Snivy has really poor attack stat, but that doesn't bother me. I just like him. I don't like the designs for Tepig and Oshawott, nor do I like the designs for their evolutions. Just Snivy's. I like him and all his evolved forms.

aggronFTW
25th February 2011, 9:09 PM
Snivy in black, oshawott in White, then trade everything of value to black and play through white again with tepig.

I always playthrough with every starter at least once.

Ace of Shades
25th February 2011, 9:12 PM
Oshawott (named Rai from samurai) cause otters are awesome.

CaptainCombusken
25th February 2011, 9:36 PM
Otto the Oshawott! Cos he's quite cute which I love, cos he's an Otter which is my favourite animal (tied with squirrels, they really should make a better squirrel Pokemon. A Fire/Electric Pachirisu evo please!) and because what he evolves into is absolutely awesome, both forms. He's base don Samurai.
Plus he is a Mixed attacker which is always useful.

That's for White and For Gray when I get it. I'm thinking of getting Black, and if I do I'm getting Emboar. Fire/Fighting types are my two favourite types. even though I know many people are getting bored, I'm not, I could juts lap 'em up like there's no tomorrow. That wads my dilemma this gen. I really love Otters, but Tepig also seemed pretty cool and I'd always used the Fire Type before. I was slightly wary when I picked Oshawott for definite. But then I saw Darmantian so I was sorted. Tepig could either be for Black, or my replay of Pokemon White which is likely to happen.

Poke_Mania97
25th February 2011, 9:44 PM
Im gonna get oshawott then ask my friend for a snivy

Ememew
25th February 2011, 9:51 PM
Figured out what I'm going to name my Tepig in White: Hogwarts!

Still deciding between Snivy and Oshawott for Black . . .

marioman223
25th February 2011, 10:00 PM
Tepig because Emboar is a powerhouse.

BlazingTrainer
25th February 2011, 10:39 PM
I might just go for all three to be honest, but thinking more along the lines of Snivy or the water starter. Tepig is cute, but looks like a disappointment in its final evolution. Good move pool though...just too damn slow!

Grassmaster411
25th February 2011, 10:41 PM
can you guys help me out? i cant decide on which starter to use.

Professor Poke
25th February 2011, 10:46 PM
Might pick Oshawott, so I can then use the grass reindeer later instead of Serperior.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
25th February 2011, 10:57 PM
None. I find the other Pokemon this gen to be much more interesting. First Gen where my first playthrough won't be using a starter.

Serperior - Generic, typical mono grass.Very lacking movepool. Lacking attack and special attack. I would only use it if it had perversity. What a shame, I love how the first two forms look.

Emboar - Lacking stats, but at least has a somewhat decent movepool compared to the other starters. But being a Fire/Fighting just kills it, I've already used those in the past as starters at some point.

Samurott - Generic, typical mono water type starter. I want diversity.

Grei
25th February 2011, 11:05 PM
can you guys help me out? i cant decide on which starter to use.

The Snivy line is the fastest; its highest stat is its Speed stat. It also has higher defense and special defense stats, while its attack and defense stats are lower. That means this Pokemon is better at taking hits than at dealing lots of damage, which makes it reliable. Its movepool isn't too huge, but it learns some good moves that get STAB, which make him very usable in-game. Choose Snivy if you like speed and reliability.

The Tepig line has more HP than the other two starters, as well as a higher physical attack stat. Its defense and speed stats are lower, and that makes it a little fragile. However, its attack is high, and its movepool is very diverse (Emboar can learn attacks from 13 different types). Plus, its higher HP will allow it to stay in longer than other low-defense Pokemon like itself. Choose Tepig if you value high attack stats and a wide range of attacks to choose from.

The Oshawott line is overall more balanced. Its got nearly-equal attack and special attack stats, and its defense and speed stats are above Tepig's but below Snivy's. Oshawott's movepool is also pretty diverse (almost as diverse as Emboar's--it can learn attacks of 10 different types), so he's got some good options, which make up for it not having sky-high attack and sp. atk stats. Choose the Oshawott line if you enjoy balance and flexibility.

For more info on all three:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snivy_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tepig_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Oshawott_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Grassmaster411
25th February 2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks grei, i think im going with oshawott after hearing this.

Pkmaster678
26th February 2011, 12:18 AM
I love how the Snivy line looks and I like the sped and leaf blade.

Gupkyn
26th February 2011, 12:31 AM
Definitely Snivy. I love Serperior's regal design & I love fast tanks.

Adrexus
26th February 2011, 12:34 AM
I'll be using Tepig, I love its appeal and I want to keep up the tradition of alternating starter types every generation. (Next gen it will be the water starter) Plus Emboar's movepool is pretty good too. Just wish it had close combat though.

startmirca
26th February 2011, 12:40 AM
Snivy . His final form is my favorite Grass-type Pokemon .

Even if Oshawott is winning this , it doesn't change the fact that Snivy is STILL the most popular.

Dan The Poke Man
26th February 2011, 1:01 AM
1st Choice: Snivy. He's just really appealing to me, and his animation makes me lol.

2nd Choice: Oshawott. Samurott is definitley one of the coolest Pokemon introduced in 5th gen, and overall, Oshawott is just plain cute.

Tepig is meh 'cause for one, he does that Fire/Fighting evo crap, which I'm so against now. Two, he doesn't seem all that cool to me.

Astral Shadow
26th February 2011, 1:15 AM
White Choice: Oshawott cause he's cute
Black Choices: Snivy on my first run through then Tepig

Bombadil
26th February 2011, 1:52 AM
I'll be starting with Tepig. I just like fire-types, and the fire starters typically appeal to me more than the others. The one noticeable exception is torchic; I couldn't stand the little fire chicken. Other than that, it's fire all the way!

AscendingFire
26th February 2011, 1:55 AM
I'm gonna pick Tepig and name him Ganon.

Meganium
26th February 2011, 2:02 AM
While I don't like most of the fire types, I'm not a big fan of the grass types either so I'm going with Snivy. I like fast pokemon too.

Primal Crusader V
26th February 2011, 2:03 AM
I always (and am) like being the rogue in these types of choices. If Oshowatt is the highest chosen, I will chose Tepig. Second reason is because I never chose a Fire Starter in any Pokemon games. Tepig has a pretty sweet moveset and I rave the last Evolutionary form. Oshowatt and Snivy are both really great starters! For me, it's going to be Tepig this time. I'll nickname it, "Catastrophe". Or maybe, "E. Honda" from Street Fighter

mikeynicaj
26th February 2011, 2:23 AM
For my pokemon black team im going to have to take snivy. i say that because i said i would take the silhouette of him. I also think snivy is a cool pokemon and will be helpful on the way!!!!!!!!

oiabm
26th February 2011, 4:53 AM
Snivy. So much love will be had for him. Serperior looks like a total beast as well. Emboar's just kind of... eh-looking. Although, Samurott looks pretty amazing too. I might just end up finding friends to trade me eggs of their starter to have all three. I typically run through the game with three starters and an electric and flying type, then a filler in the last section.

But all of these new Pokémon look so useable in-game, I might just have to train several teams of Pokémon to be able to use them all. I haven't been this genuinely excited for the length of a game since... SoulSilver. Even though I never really did much with it.

StreetzFC
26th February 2011, 5:11 AM
Oshawott, I've always started my 1st run through a new game with the water type.

xxDUNE
26th February 2011, 5:23 AM
I really don't know who to pick. There are so many different Pokemon I want to use, but I also want to have a balanced team. I like Snivy's line the best, but its stats aren't very good compared to the others. There aren't any other fire or grass Pokemon that I actually like this gen, which makes it even harder trying to fill those spots in.

Fortunato
26th February 2011, 5:28 AM
im picking oshawott jsut cause i love the final form its pretty epic i also like snivy but tepig to me is just fail because its the third fire/fighting line made though i love the fact that it and infernape are based off of characters from the same story

Mighty Arceus493
26th February 2011, 6:15 AM
I'm choosing Snivy because it can learn two awesome moves- Leaf Tornado and Leaf Blade. If there will be a third installment, then I will choose Oshawott. I also want to battle Chilli as well. I think Oshawott suits Bianca and Tepig suits Cheren.

Pikamiki
26th February 2011, 11:10 AM
I'm picking Oshawott because it's final form is really really cool and it has better overall stats than the other two :)

flawlessazn
26th February 2011, 12:00 PM
I don't know who to pick!!

Tepig - Final evolution is very slow in terms of speed.

Oshawott - I have other water pokemon I want in my team.

Snivy - Final evolution doesn't have high attack points.

Viictor
26th February 2011, 12:26 PM
Oshawott. I love the happy smile of him :)
He's also a hero in the anime. He punched Pikachu away, and that made me laugh :D

TheletterN
26th February 2011, 12:54 PM
I think I'll probably pick Snivy for white and and Oshawott for black.

I'll choose Snivy because I've always been a fan of the grass type starters and he looks somewhat decently cool and I'll choose Oshawott because the final evolved form looks really cool compared to the others.

My birthday happens to be tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get some money to reserve myself a copy of white, possibly both black and white ^_^

wearjo
26th February 2011, 1:27 PM
well... i'm gunna choose wutever but im gunna ev train all starters but not evolve them :) cute and tank :D

Dragoniteftw
26th February 2011, 1:35 PM
I always go for fire, but the final evolution looks dumb
so grass or water it is :)

(still have no idea what the names are)

Bombadil
26th February 2011, 1:36 PM
I'm gonna pick Tepig and name him Ganon.

Haha! Love this. Makes me glad I chose tepig too.

Sarefan
26th February 2011, 1:47 PM
Oshawott :) Always started with the Water poke in every game (in my first run that is) And also because Samurott is awesome too ^^ And some good stats and a nice movepool.

SneaselClaw
26th February 2011, 2:09 PM
I played Black and White at my local Celebi event today, and now I'm well and truly confused as to which one I should choose.
I used Snivy first, who I wasn't even considering, and now I know I want him as my grass type.
Oshawott's always been my favourite of the three, but it's losing it's charm on me, same way Piplup did. But it's still a valid choice.
And Tepig's been growing on me now, I know Emboar isn't the most adventurous typing after the past generations, but the little pig is too cute.

So, I'm honestly considering leaving it to fate now and just choosing my starter at random.

Spade616
26th February 2011, 2:17 PM
snivy cuz he has the highest speed, and combined with an offensive nature, could be a very good addition to my wifi team. plus he looks classy as hell. :p

the pig has low speed and defenses so no. although i kinda like samurott as well.

Grei
26th February 2011, 2:21 PM
I don't know who to pick!!

Tepig - Final evolution is very slow in terms of speed.

Oshawott - I have other water pokemon I want in my team.

Snivy - Final evolution doesn't have high attack points.

Well... Emboar will still be good in-game. It's speed won't completely kill it's usefulness. Plus, it's movepool can cover a large amount of types.

Samurott is a good choice. If you want other Water-types, though, you can always just have two Water-types. A doubled type is not a bad thing.

Serperior will be good in-game regardless. It's lower attack can be remedied if you just play him right.

Venusaur Master
26th February 2011, 5:35 PM
Im going for Oshawott in White, the way it and its evolutions use their shells like samurai really excites me. Plus its final evolution although the odd one out its like this general (military), unicorn, otter combo thats strange but intresting. I usually go for water or grass types so if I get Black then Snivy.

UnovaSwampert
26th February 2011, 5:40 PM
Oshawott in White, Tepig in Black. Snivy in Gray/Chrome/Crimson.

Dawn_Hero
26th February 2011, 6:43 PM
Y'know, I was originally going to go with Snivy, but after thinking about it for a while, Oshawott's the guy for me. His looks start to grow on you after a while, and his final evolution looks pretty decent. Plus, he's pretty strong and would make a great water-type for my team. c: I just love him. <3 Hahahah.

smashbro77
26th February 2011, 7:20 PM
im picking tepig because it is a known fact that fire is the best type ever

Dragoniteftw
26th February 2011, 7:23 PM
I find it funny that pokemon are now name after internet speakz

'TEH pig' hahaha

XGlaceX
26th February 2011, 8:27 PM
Snivy, of course the last evolution remebers me a grass version of Milotic and that's truly majestic...

NorthernLord
26th February 2011, 8:29 PM
I decided to go for tepig as he is obviously the most under appreciated starter.

ZeroTrouble
26th February 2011, 8:30 PM
I'm going for Snivy. Loved it ever since it was first revealed.

ChoDiaz
26th February 2011, 8:43 PM
For White, I'm going for Snivy. Snivy is awesome.
Then for Black, I'm going to trade over Tepig, restart and play with Oshawott. Tepig and the evos, being Fire/Fighting, just don't spark any interest. Been there, done that.

Skydra
26th February 2011, 8:52 PM
Snivy and Oshawott in Black and White respectively.

I really dislike Emboar, which is a downer because Tepig looks great. Oh well, I guess when Grey comes along I'll try it out, or maybe in a restart of Black (I'll get both, and use White as my base of operations and Black for Pokemon and items, other playthroughs and such).

Wailord_2
26th February 2011, 8:57 PM
Snivy in white and OShawott in whatever the third game is.