PDA

View Full Version : A poison-confusion themed deck that I need help fine-tuning

DaneKevinCook
23rd February 2011, 8:34 AM
Hey I just started playing the Pokemon TCG for about 2 or 3 months now and this is the most successful deck I've built so far. It's moderately fast and I can usually find Pokemon pretty fast early on with the help of the many trainers and one reliable Uxie.

POKEMON: 20
Stage 2: 2
1 : Crobat (Prime), UL-84
1 : Crobat, UL-14
Stage 1: 6
2 : Muk, PL-57
1 : Golbat, UL-30
2 : Espeon, UD-2
1 : Xatu, UL-11
Basic: 12
2 : Eevee, RR-59
1 : Azelf, LA-19
2 : Zubat, UL-70
1 : Uxie, LA-43
2 : Natu, UL-55
3 : Grimer, PL-75
1 : Skuntank G, PL-94

TRAINERS: 20
Trainers: 12
1 : Rare Candy, UL-82
1 : Poke Radar, LA-133
3 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98
2 : Switch, GS-102
2 : Super Scoop Up, UL-83
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
2 : Dusk Ball, MD-80
Pokemon Tools: 1
1 : Expert Belt, AR-87
Supporters: 6
1 : Underground Expedition, RR-97
1 : Professor Oak's New Theory, GS-101
1 : Cynthia's Feelings, LA-131
1 : Seeker, TM-88
2 : Bebe's Search, MT-109
Stadiums: 1
1 : Burned Tower, UD-71

ENERGY: 20
Special Energy: 6
2 : Call Energy, MD-92
1 : Warp Energy, SF-95
2 : Rescue Energy, TM-90
1 : Double Colorless Energy, GS-103
Basic Energy: 14
14 : Psychic Energy, GS-119

Basically the strategy revolves around getting an e-belted Muk out in front, poisoning it (whether it be by my own attack or the Skuntank G/Staduim combo) and stalling/recovering long enough to build a couple Espeons on my bench then using a switch or warp energy to rescue Muk and then use Solar Suggestion to snipe/heal with damage counters and/or confuse and force retreats and continue to move damage counters around finishing off the game.

Believe it or not, I find myself poisoning Espeon with Skuntank G so I can always have damage counters to move around. The Crobat Prime is there for his free retreat + high HP so I can snipe AND have someone to build damage counters up on. The Skuntank, Uxie and Azelf are there for help and the Natu + Xatu are for pesky energy-builders that revenge kill from the bench (but I plan on switching them out).

So what do you think I should tech into this thing? I was thinking about maybe a Giratina/Giratina Lvl X. Or a Mewtwo/Mewtwo Lvl just because I think this deck lacks heavy-hitters that I need to counter bulky legends or whatever.

Keep in mind, I pretty much only play at leagues and against my friends so I don't plan on entering into a City or some sort of Championship with this deck. I have never even seen a LuxChomp or LostGar (and I go to two leagues a week) so I'm not concerned with countering anything like that. I just wanna see if I can substitute any cards to make the damage counter + poisoning technique a little more potent.

Thanks for reading!

ven?
23rd February 2011, 10:39 AM
If you're going to tech psychic just go uxie x it's better then adding in mewtwo or giratina. Take skuntank g out, you don't need it. If you have issue's drawing energy add interviewer's question's, toss for energy or dusk ball, drop Expedition for another bebe's search, drop oaks theory for a collector, drop ssu for seeker's (you have switch and most of what you have has 0 retreat so seeker drop it).

Maybe it's good that you're not in an area with luxchomp but at the same time it's kinda bad. The reason why I say it's bad is because it tells me that you're used to a more laid back style of pokemon, not the fast paced stylings of various garchomp c builds. The suggestion's I have made are made for both laid back and competitive play (as I have to deal with both each week) to increase the playability of you're deck, even if you're adding in specific counter's for specific deck's It all come's down to speed, thats what truely wins in the end.

DaneKevinCook
23rd February 2011, 9:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions man, I'm teching in most of the things you said right now.

I won't be switching in an Uxie Lvl X right now though mainly because I don't own one at the moment and also because I don't think dropping Skuntank would be a good idea. He's come in very useful many times because poisoning both opponents every turn can be very disruptive to my opponents (since Espeon uses those damage counters to attack and Muk simply heals off of it). If I find that Skuntank G doesn't consistently do his job then I may switch him out for an Uxie Lvl X if I find one.

I'll let you know how this deck goes this weekend. I'm still open for more suggestions though, if anyone else wants to chime in. :-)

Thanks again!

DaneKevinCook
23rd February 2011, 9:45 PM
This is what the decklist is now, after recommended modifications (with my own prefs taken into consideration of course).

POKEMON: 20
Stage 2: 2
1 : Crobat (Prime), UL-84
1 : Crobat, UL-14
Stage 1: 6
2 : Muk, PL-57
2 : Espeon, UD-2
1 : Golbat, UL-30
1 : Xatu, UL-11
Basic: 12
2 : Natu, UL-55
2 : Eevee, RR-59