PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Ducklett Trio! (679)

Serebii
24th February 2011, 10:03 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/679.jpgPikachu VS Sandile VS Ducklett!

While training his Scraggy, Ash & co. are quickly attacked by the Sandile they befriended near Nuvema Town. Ash is eager to accept the challenge of the Sandile, but before too long, three Ducklett appear and steal both Ash's hat and the Sandile's sunglasses. Will Ash get his hat and the sunglasses back and will Ash manage to calm the Sandile?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/bestwishes/679.shtml)

Discuss

Dreamcoat
24th February 2011, 10:07 AM
Gotta admit, love the Duckletts. Really makes this episode worth something for me with their comic timing.

playerking
24th February 2011, 10:25 AM
The Koauhie will definitely make this a nice humorous episode. What with that one blowing a Vuvuzela.

Again I ask, how do you get KeyHole tv, to work on the mac, because I can't find the channel.

13_luckynumber
24th February 2011, 10:31 AM
If Pikachu learns Electro ball, what move did he forget ?

Dreamcoat
24th February 2011, 10:55 AM
If Pikachu learns Electro ball, what move did he forget ?
Once again, PKMN in the animé DOESN'T forget moves. That only happens in the games.

Grassmen
24th February 2011, 10:58 AM
Ok, Pikachu doesn't FORGET moves, but I wonder which (if any) of its current moves will be seen less regularly. Pikachu might regularly use 5 moves, or one will stop being used so often.

Also, I don't think we've seen an evolution in the BW series yet. Seeing as Sandile may be evolving this episode, we might get to see the new evolution animation.

playerking
24th February 2011, 10:59 AM
Ok, Pikachu doesn't FORGET moves, but I wonder which (if any) of its current moves will be seen less regularly. Pikachu might regularly use 5 moves, or one will stop being used so often.

Also, I don't think we've seen an evolution in the BW series yet. Seeing as Sandile may be evolving this episode, we might get to see the new evolution animation.

In Kibago's dream, it was the same, so I think it'll remain the same, if SM, does evolve here.

Ash-kid
24th February 2011, 11:00 AM
Scraggy vs Axew is the first battle. Reminds of BW17 0_0
Iris is about to use Excadrill!

Grassmen
24th February 2011, 11:03 AM
Is Iris going to use Excadrill??
...And did the music with the pokedex change?

playerking
24th February 2011, 11:03 AM
Yay, training for Zuruggu, and it's against Kibago, nonetheless.

Grassmen
24th February 2011, 11:06 AM
Look, a scene from the scans months ago!
And worst cameo from Excadrill ever :P

playerking
24th February 2011, 11:09 AM
What scene and yes, Doryuzu, I'm happy, so I'm guessing it didn't battle.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:09 AM
Nice almost all the team pokemons appear already, poor Meguroko he loses his bravery and confidence when he loses glasses :( poor thing, hes crying for help, he was even scared of Kormoris.

The ducks are awesome btw.

Grassmen
24th February 2011, 11:10 AM
Loving all the music in this episode, it's great. And the Ducklett are great.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:14 AM
Urgh I know he won't be caught here, but this episode is giving me the Ishizumai vibe so mcuh, I so want Meguroko to be caught, he is working with Satoshi saving him and Pikachu already.

OMG this ducks are devils, they just tricked them, oh Im giving the glasses back, nah water gun to the face.

playerking
24th February 2011, 11:15 AM
Meguroko is being nice, that's nice to see, I hope it keeps it up.

Ash-kid
24th February 2011, 11:17 AM
Wow, Sandile has Stone Edge, used it against the Duckletts.
And the Electro Ball & Thunderbolt- Blasted off them.

Sandile evolved, Pikachu blasted it off. A funny end.

Grassmen
24th February 2011, 11:17 AM
Electro Ball!

Dreamcoat
24th February 2011, 11:18 AM
Hm, guess the yellow rat DID learn Electro Ball :D

1rkhachatryan
Wow, Sandile has Stone Edge, used it against the Duckletts.

It always had stone edge

Pepsi_Plunge
HAHAHGAHA omg, I'm crying here, Zuruguu was going to headbutt Meguroko as soon as he saw him, Mijumaru stopped him, hahaha so ****ing funny, Zuruggu is great.

This ducks are fantastic too, they just got sent flying, haha ****ing awesome episode.

playerking
24th February 2011, 11:20 AM
There's your lesson for today, don't mess with Pikachu, so Waruvile hasn't appeared yet?

team rocket4ever
24th February 2011, 11:21 AM
Is team rocket back or not ؟

Grassmen
24th February 2011, 11:22 AM
Sandile is evolving. And woah at the new animation!

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:22 AM
Meguroko asked for a battle after the episode against Pikachu and evolved.

New animation looks great, Waruvial was sent flying...

After this episode I really want to see it be caught, more then before, his glasses issues can be good to development of he character, his personality is diferent enough from the rest of the team and the moveset looks cool too, even though he only spams stone edge and dig.

Awesome episode.

playerking
24th February 2011, 11:23 AM
Really? What does it look like, aaww, I was hoping it wouldn't evolve.

Dreamcoat
24th February 2011, 11:23 AM
Ahaha, Sandile looks badass after evolving with those sunglasses XD

Ash-kid
24th February 2011, 11:25 AM
Now Krokorok will keep following them. It's strange really, Ash should've captured it and end this problem.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:25 AM
Really? What does it look like, aaww, I was hoping it wouldn't evolve.

He is still interested in Satoshi he wants to beat him and Pikachu and he didn't, dont worry he will appear again.

The animation is nice, they are covered in a blue light and mold as usual, it was nice.

Indeed Ash-kid this episode made me want it to be caught even more but like I predicted he won't get caught here, since we didn't get any spoil of it, he might be caught in the next episode they meet, from 30-35 I would hope.

playerking
24th February 2011, 11:26 AM
Sunglasses Waruvile/ Sunglasses Krokorok, doesn't have the same ring to it, anyway, it seems like now that it evolved, it's not a weakling, like in episode 12.

Grassmen
24th February 2011, 11:26 AM
This was a brilliant episode, even if I am a bit disappointed Ash didn't catch Krokorok (or a Ducklett :p )

Serebii
24th February 2011, 11:27 AM
People, stop asking where to see the episode. It's against the rules and I don't want to start infracting. Keep discussion in this topic to the contents of the episode

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:29 AM
Sunglasses Waruvile/ Sunglasses Krokorok, doesn't have the same ring to it, anyway, it seems like now that it evolved, it's not a weakling, like in episode 12.

Oh he looks classy and a lot cooler evolved XD.

Even though I doubted he would be caught, I got a little hope at the end, I was imagining Pikachu winning and Satoshi catching it but it was blasted off again instead.

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 11:30 AM
Oh he looks classy and a lot cooler evolved XD.

Even though I doubted he would be caught, I got a little hope at the end, I was imagining Pikachu winning and Satoshi catching it but it was blasted off again instead.

Wait pikachu blasted off waruvile??

Dreamcoat
24th February 2011, 11:31 AM
Gotta admit, something that made me LOL a bit was watching all of the Ducklett team up against poor Sandile.

Even in the world of PKMN you'll find bullies..

dman_dustin
24th February 2011, 11:34 AM
Weren't Snivy's, Tepig's, and Sewaddle supposed to be in this episode or did I miss something? I thought their VA's were listed?

I love Scraggy, that was so awesome seeing Scraggy give Ash his hat in the end.

And new evolution animation, is new epic evolution animation.

Rather disappointed though none of Ash's Pokemon evolved first, instead we get some wild Pokemon.

Edit: I have to admit, Sandile maybe Krokorok, has "feelings" towards Ash and Pikachu, during the course I was sure there was going to be a capture, but it evolved and blasted off.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:42 AM
Gotta admit, something that made me LOL a bit was watching all of the Ducklett team up against poor Sandile.

Even in the world of PKMN you'll find bullies..

:( and the thing without his glasses losing the confidence was just heartbreaking haha.

Man this episode was comedy gold, we got good stuff, from Meguroko/Zuruggu/Mijumaru/Ducks, then we got adventure and we get a battle and an evolution, really complete episode with a little of everything.

Yeah dman and I was yesterday telling a guy on the episode thread, that the manga is always right haha XD, well Satoshi was sending them out but he fell on the hole, the manga didn't focus on Meguroko either and he appeared during the whole episode.

Once again I doubted Meguroko would be caught in this episode but actually after watching it, I kind really felt bad it wasn't caught... I really hope it is in the future.

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 11:42 AM
I don't suppose that anyone has a pic of waruvile do they??

Almighty Zard
24th February 2011, 11:43 AM
Rather disappointed though none of Ash's Pokemon evolved first, instead we get some wild Pokemon.

Edit: I have to admit, Sandile maybe Krokorok, has "feelings" towards Ash and Pikachu, during the course I was sure there was going to be a capture, but it evolved and blasted off.

That right there is another reason why I would prefer Ash not to get the thing but this isn't the place to discuss that.

So the ducks knew Ice Beam as well as Scald? That's a pretty tough combo to go against no matter who you are.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:46 AM
That right there is another reason why I would prefer Ash not to get the thing but this isn't the place to discuss that.

So the ducks knew Ice Beam as well as Scald? That's a pretty tough combo to go against no matter who you are.

Yes you don't like it and its a ground type and you are tired of them :P and its also a dark type and he has one already, no need to post them zard we knowz it mate :D.

Cheers, just joking around.

Almighty Zard
24th February 2011, 11:49 AM
Yes you don't like it and its a ground type and you are tired of them :P and its also a dark type and he has one already, no need to post them zard we knowz it mate :D.

Cheers, just joking around.

*palms head.* That's not the only reason why...

Think about it, if Ash had caught it, it would've been a slap in the face to his other pokemon he's caught up to this point because none of them have evolved, not even Pidove or Sewaddle who I believe are going to be the first possible ones to go for it.

Again I don't want to diverge from the topic.

So, did the croc keep it's shades after evolving?

playerking
24th February 2011, 11:52 AM

Think about it, if Ash had caught it, it would've been a slap in the face to his other pokemon he's caught up to this point because none of them have evolved, not even Pidove or Sewaddle who I believe are going to be the first possible ones to go for it.

I believe it did yes, so the evolving animation looks blue, like the out of the Pokeball, blue, or a completely different looking blue colour?

Serebii
24th February 2011, 11:53 AM

Yeah it did. Sunglasses Krokorok ftw

Brandon00151
24th February 2011, 11:53 AM
Looks like Team Rocket Sandile Krokorok is Blasting off again!

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 11:54 AM
Does anybody have a picture of waruvile?? Does it still have the glasses on??

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:55 AM
Does anybody have a picture of waruvile?? Does it still have the glasses on??

It does, no there are no pics yet, wait a little Filb should have them soon and Serebii later.

Edit: oh fak why do I post, Lucario you are evil sir.

Lucario At Service
24th February 2011, 11:55 AM
I don't suppose that anyone has a pic of waruvile do they??

Here are a few pics of Waruvile/Krokorok

http://i54.*******.com/2liafx4.jpg
http://i53.*******.com/2zjhqo5.jpg
http://i54.*******.com/2l6cr9.jpg

Edit:- Sorry, i didn't find any pic of it getting blasted off or its moment of evolving.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 11:56 AM
I believe it did yes, so the evolving animation looks blue, like the out of the Pokeball, blue, or a completely different looking blue colour?

Yes out of the pokeball blue, it looked the same atleast to me, the stream is not that good as usual.

dman_dustin
24th February 2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah dman and I was yesterday telling a guy on the episode thread, that the manga is always right haha XD, well Satoshi was sending them out but he fell on the hole, the manga didn't focus on Meguroko either and he appeared during the whole episode.

I can't see why the manga drastically lied like that. It gave us expectations, that didn't end up happening.

I mean sure the Cyndaquil evolving was slightly different too, but even so, all those Pokemon still showed up, even if they weren't chased.

Again, what about their VA's? Were they voicing the ducklett instead? I can't see how conveniently Megumi Hayashibara, who ever voices Nyarth/Sewaddle, and Tepig's VA voicing them all at the same time, it's just rather cheap.

I'm disappointed, I wanted to see all of Ash's Pokemon, damn you Manga.

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 11:58 AM
Here are a few pics of Waruvile/Krokorok

http://i54.*******.com/2liafx4.jpg
http://i53.*******.com/2zjhqo5.jpg
http://i54.*******.com/2l6cr9.jpg

Sweet thanks man!! DAMN!!! Waruvile looks spool epic!!!! Stupid ash you could of had that on your team lol

How the hell did pikachu send that croc that's like twice its size flying. Iron tail right??

dman_dustin
24th February 2011, 12:04 PM
How the hell did pikachu send that croc that's like twice its size flying. Iron tail right??

Pikachu's Electro Ball attack hit stone edge causing it to fly back at Krokorok, causing it to 'blast off.'

Brandon00151
24th February 2011, 12:06 PM
Sweet thanks man!! DAMN!!! Waruvile looks spool epic!!!! Stupid ash you could of had that on your team lol

Electra Ball sent stone edge flying back at it.

sunyshore.com
24th February 2011, 12:08 PM
http://sunyshore.com/other_art_bw.shtml

put these back up. tons of fun :D

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 12:10 PM
Next time it appears I seriously hope it kicks pikachu's *** then ash catches it.

Lucario At Service
24th February 2011, 12:18 PM
Here are a few more pics from the episode,

http://i55.*******.com/5xilp1.jpg http://i54.*******.com/1rymh3.jpg http://i54.*******.com/jph1dc.jpg
http://i55.*******.com/k3lsmr.jpg http://i52.*******.com/yexix.jpg http://i56.*******.com/30sxc9w.jpg
http://i56.*******.com/2psn72w.jpg http://i55.*******.com/jqol21.jpg http://i54.*******.com/2yyse45.jpg

After seeing the blast-off/flying away pics of the Ducklett's, i get the feeling that they might re-appear again in one of the future episodes.

A.J.
24th February 2011, 1:49 PM
I really like how Team Rocket's old slapstick antics have been re-animated into the pokemon.

The Duckletts were absolutely hilarious.

Serebii
24th February 2011, 1:52 PM
Pics are up on the site. Image of the new evolution effect

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/679/DP343.jpg

Maxim
24th February 2011, 2:12 PM
Other than the fact that the sketches of this episode were found long before its airing, there is literally NOTHING interesting in this episode. Obvious filler is obvious.

And Sandile's evolution isn't anything big, as it doesn't belong to anyone. And it never will. This evolution has crossed out the possibility of Ash catching him.

Also, I don't like the new evolution effect at all.

Ash-kid
24th February 2011, 2:14 PM
Other than the fact that the sketches of this episode were found long before its airing, there is literally NOTHING interesting in this episode. Obvious filler is obvious.

And Sandile's evolution isn't anything big, as it doesn't belong to anyone. And it never will. This evolution has crossed out the possibility of Ash catching him.

It's not a filler, Pikachu learned a new move.

And stop bashing everything. If you don't like this show, don't watch it.

JavierEA
24th February 2011, 2:15 PM
@Maxim: Electro Ball says hi!

Maxim
24th February 2011, 2:16 PM
It's not a filler, Pikachu learned a new move.

And stop bashing everything. If you don't like this show, don't watch it.

What the hell did I bash?

I'm just saying that the episode was meaningless plot-wise, that's all.

What's with all that Maxim-hate here lately?

playerking
24th February 2011, 2:16 PM

1. Pikachu learned a new move. Did you actually watch this episode, fully?

2. It could still happen, it blasting off, means it will come back, so it could still be captured.

3. That's your opinion, most of us like it, and I think it looks awesome.

Mr.Munchlax
24th February 2011, 2:34 PM
I really liked this episode because I liked the new animation for evolution, but I also disliked it because I think Pikachu forgot how to use Volt Tackle in order to learn Electro Ball

Pokemon_Rulez
24th February 2011, 2:38 PM
I'm glad excadrill finally made another apearence after 11 episodes

Maxim
24th February 2011, 2:47 PM
1. Pikachu learned a new move. Did you actually watch this episode, fully?

I don't give a flying crap about new moves. It's still filler to me.

There is no official definition of a filler, so let me use my own one.

2. It could still happen, it blasting off, means it will come back, so it could still be captured.

Be real. The times when Ash was catching evolved Pokemon are long over.

3. That's your opinion, most of us like it, and I think it looks awesome.

And that's your opinion too.

Really, people are being so annoying with this "that's your opinion" lately. Yes, it is my opinion, indeed. And I think I've got my right to share it with others.

I DIDN'T like the new animation. Got a problem with it? I don't have to lurve everything that you do.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 3:08 PM

Man you are a bad poster, your posts are 90% bad, really bad not just bad but this one is complete ****.

1- Zuruggu, Kibago training
2- Pikachu learns a new move
3- Meguroko is a character from the show not a filler pokemon, is heavylly involved in the plot and evolves.

I probably can find more stuff but I have more to do, since Im answering without you deserving an answer.

It is one of the best episodes of BW for most people I'm sure, it was one of the most complete episodes we got, with a little of everything only lacking perhaps a capture.

Stop posting bad poster, once again no its not a matter of opinion, you can't have that opinion after seeing the episode, unless you have the mindset to whine about stuff for no reason from the get-go.

I took the time to see if you were using sarcams/irony and you aren't so if you want to justify the crap you just wrote, don't use that argument.

Bad bad poster, anyway another friend for my ignore list guys :D.

Oh and btw people who usually tell me to calm down after my bashing posts, I never get worked up about it, I have more to do than get angry at dumb people in the internet, Im being brutally honest.

Wadeledge
24th February 2011, 3:09 PM
The merchandise for the new movie(s) shows a Krokorok with Ash's other Pokemon, he'll get captured. (Also shows a Swadloon)

playerking
24th February 2011, 3:11 PM
I don't give a flying crap about new moves. It's still filler to me.

There is no official definition of a filler, so let me use my own one.

Be real. The times when Ash was catching evolved Pokemon are long over.

And that's your opinion too.

Really, people are being so annoying with this "that's your opinion" lately. Yes, it is my opinion, indeed. And I think I've got my right to share it with others.

I DIDN'T like the new animation. Got a problem with it? I don't have to lurve everything that you do.

Fine, fillers are different to some people but I'm sure most of us can agree that fillers are when something important doesn't happen.

The times when Ash captures evolved Pokemon are over? Just like the time when he captures the 3 regions starters in that region is over. Oh, wait a second.

Face it, it's not impossible, the writers making Pikachu join Team Rocket forever, is impossible.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 3:12 PM
Fine, fillers are different to some people but I'm sure most of us can agree that fillers are when something important doesn't happen.

The times when Ash captures evolved Pokemon are over? Just like the time when he captures the 3 regions starters in that region is over. Oh, wait a second.

Face it, it's not impossible, the writers making Pikachu join Team Rocket forever, is impossible.

No a filler is a filler, he can't make a definition for himself, he is just being a whiner.

playerking
24th February 2011, 3:15 PM
No a filler is a filler, he can't make a definition for himself, he is just being a whiner.

I know it wasn't a filler. He's just being Pessimistic, and frankly, I'd prefer Cybercubed over this any day. Who won in the Kibago/Zuruggu battle anyway?

Define.
24th February 2011, 3:35 PM
Please explain to us your definition of "filler" then.

While it doesnt have an official term the general consesus is that a filler is a pointless episode which dont advance the plot and are their to "fill" a season hence the name. An episode where Pikachu learns a new move, we see zuruguu train and we see a recurring character evolve.

I really dont see how thats a filler in any way possible.................

Also if the writers want to make ash catch an evolved pokemon they can do it theyre the WRITERS. Nothings impossible

playerking
24th February 2011, 3:40 PM
Please explain to us your definition of "filler" then.

While it doesnt have an official term the general consesus is that a filler is a pointless episode which dont advance the plot and are their to "fill" a season hence the name. An episode where Pikachu learns a new move, we see zuruguu train and we see a recurring character evolve.

I really dont see how thats a filler in any way possible.................

Also if the writers want to make ash catch an evolved pokemon they can do it theyre the WRITERS. Nothings impossible

Two of the team members Pokemon, battled, battling = making them stronger, so they got battle development. A recurring Pokemon, that follows the group, evolves and Pikachu learns a new move, which maybe useful in the future. So yeah, with the fandom's term of filler, meaning an episode that is there, but nothing really important happens, this is not a filler. The closes filler we had was about 12 episodes ago.

Venomfang
24th February 2011, 3:55 PM
Fun episode, pika learned a new move.

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 4:25 PM

http://i55.*******.com/5xilp1.jpg http://i54.*******.com/1rymh3.jpg http://i54.*******.com/jph1dc.jpg
http://i55.*******.com/k3lsmr.jpg http://i52.*******.com/yexix.jpg http://i56.*******.com/30sxc9w.jpg
http://i56.*******.com/2psn72w.jpg http://i55.*******.com/jqol21.jpg http://i54.*******.com/2yyse45.jpg

After seeing the blast-off/flying away pics of the Ducklett's, i get the feeling that they might re-appear again in one of the future episodes.

Ya I get the feeling they will reappear again too and hopefully dento.catches one of them.

Nacreous
24th February 2011, 4:52 PM
They made Pikachu's face a little more like in the games>.>It's rounder.I think it's cute^^

uber gon
24th February 2011, 5:02 PM
So there's this move and whatever move is used against Plasma. Well at least this makes up for Pikachu not learning any moves in D/P.

Thriller
24th February 2011, 5:09 PM
Wow, poor Crookodile, as soon as it evolves, it goes blasting off.

And those Ducklett are perhaps the most awesome things in the entire Pokemon world.

Teshub
24th February 2011, 5:11 PM
The episode was boring, but people are coming up with meager bits to justify the episode such as pikachu learning a new move or seeing a pokemon evolve. Either way, the story as lacking and that is the basis of all episodes.

Thriller
24th February 2011, 5:15 PM
This was clearly meant to be a jokey episode, what with Huey, Dewey & Louie stealing various stuffs and their slapstick routines. And Crookodile will most likely be appearing once again since it evolved.

Maxim
24th February 2011, 5:18 PM
Man you are a bad poster

Oh, yeah, a "bad poster" is someone whom Pepsi_Plunge disagrees with.

I probably can find more stuff but I have more to do, since Im answering without you deserving an answer.

Oh my God! You're answering me despite the fact that I don't deserve it? You're so generous! I feel so honored!

It is one of the best episodes of BW for most people I'm sure, it was one of the most complete episodes we got, with a little of everything only lacking perhaps a capture.

Random filler Pokemon steal Ash's hat. So complete, so exciting! And so unprecedented!

Stop posting bad poster, once again no its not a matter of opinion, you can't have that opinion after seeing the episode, unless you have the mindset to whine about stuff for no reason from the get-go.

God.

Bad bad poster, anyway another friend for my ignore list guys :D.

Hey look! I care!

Nothing is impossible. Some things are unlikely, though!

Okay, maybe the episode wasn't filler. This depends on whether that Krokorok returns or not. It's possible that he blasted off forever, y'know.

Moves have NO PLOT MEANING, though. They don't make the episode less filler.

Ya I get the feeling they will reappear again too and hopefully dento.catches one of them.

God. Why are you torturing me?

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 5:23 PM

Oh my God! You're answering me despite the fact that I don't deserve it? You're so generous! I feel so honored!

Random filler Pokemon steal Ash's hat. So complete, so exciting! And so unprecedented!

God.

Hey look! I care!

Okay, maybe the episode wasn't filler. This depends on whether that Krokorok returns or not. It's possible that he blasted off forever, y'know.

Seriously what is your problem?? The birds can appear again and you have no idea if they will or not so get over yourself.

pokefandt
24th February 2011, 5:34 PM

God.

Hey look! I care!

Are you being a troll? If not you are being a massive clout, dear god if you don't like this episode, leave and let the people who like this episode enjoy this thread.

RickHoenn
24th February 2011, 5:36 PM

Moves have no plot meaning? this is news to me, then you will skip the episodes with pokemon learning moves and you are not going to wonder when they learned them? :>

In the games move plays a huge part in the plot, that's something important, how in the anime don't?

Venomfang
24th February 2011, 5:47 PM
The episode was boring, but people are coming up with meager bits to justify the episode such as pikachu learning a new move or seeing a pokemon evolve. Either way, the story as lacking and that is the basis of all episodes.

If this is the basis for all episodes then why do you watch the show?

Thriller
24th February 2011, 5:47 PM
Guys, Sandile is now Crookodile.... A recurring character evolves. So this episode is non-filler.

Venomfang
24th February 2011, 5:50 PM
Why are we fighting about if the episode was filler or non filler?

It really doesn't matter.

Maxim
24th February 2011, 5:51 PM
Seriously what is your problem?? The birds can appear again and you have no idea if they will or not so get over yourself.

So can countless other Pokemon of the day.

You're just grasping at straws to continue this idiotic capture speculation.

Come on, Ash & Co. can't catch goddamn everything that moves.

The episode is over, the Duckletts flew off. It's really common sense to think that those are gone forever and not gonna be caught by anyone. Pokemon of the Day are even less likely to reappear than Characters of the Day.

How can I not be "overly negative" when this fandom has no idea when to stop fanwanking? Come on, speculating capture even AFTER the episode's airing? How isn't this madness?

DOWN: Oh, I still care...

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 5:52 PM
Well I had you in the ignore list already but they did a favor of quoting you, so unfortunatly I saw the post.

No I don't call anyone dumb or bad poster because I disagree with them, I call them bad poster because they make **** posts, biased and put no though in them, an idiot basicly.

I disagree with many people in the forum, I don't have a problem or call them stupid though, I like posters that I disagree with either, like dman and zard.

Putting you back in the ignore list and lets leave it at that.

Sarefan
24th February 2011, 5:56 PM
Hooray for Flame War ;201-j;

IMHO, just with looking at the pictures here on Serebii, this episode is far from filler. This is a Pokémon Filler:
Random Guy is in trouble. Ash & the gang randomly shows up and descide to help. They solve the problem, say thanks, goodbye and stuff, and they will never meet again.
And I have a feeling that those Ducklets will return in one way or another, since they "Blasted Off" ( I think ..) Seems like a pretty cool eppie ^^ can't wait for the Dub.

R_N
24th February 2011, 5:56 PM
I just saw the episode pictures, did Scraggy make a point to give Ash his hat back?

Awwww he really does like him!

Misty Lover17
24th February 2011, 6:11 PM
Yay, I've been waiting a long time for a new move for Pikachu.

Plus it wouldn't look good for Pikachu to have more than 5 moves in the show, so they might drop Quick Attack for Electro Ball. I'd rather stick to the idea that Quick Attack is the move that got dropped and not Volt Tackle.

1rkhachatryan
24th February 2011, 6:18 PM
So can countless other Pokemon of the day.

You're just grasping at straws to continue this idiotic capture speculation.

Come on, Ash & Co. can't catch goddamn everything that moves.

The episode is over, the Duckletts flew off. It's really common sense to think that those are gone forever and not gonna be caught by anyone. Pokemon of the Day are even less likely to reappear than Characters of the Day.

How can I not be "overly negative" when this fandom has no idea when to stop fanwanking? Come on, speculating capture even AFTER the episode's airing? How isn't this madness?

DOWN: Oh, I still care...

If you don't like the fandom then get the hell out of here. Ya its not idiotic when im not the only one who wants it to happen. Alot of people here want dent to catch a koerhie(more specifically swanna).

Lucario At Service
24th February 2011, 6:24 PM
Plus it wouldn't look good for Pikachu to have more than 5 moves in the show, so they might drop Quick Attack for Electro Ball. I'd rather stick to the idea that Quick Attack is the move that got dropped and not Volt Tackle.

Dwebble also has 5 moves, that doesn't create any problem.

Also "Quick Attack" & "Iron Tail" are his main offensive moves against pokemons who are immune to its electric attacks (as also shown in today's episode), so both of them won't be replaced.

Another fact is that Pikachu used "Thunderbolt", "Quick Attack" & "Iron Tail" after it used "Electro Ball" in today's episode, so those 3 aren't going to be dropped.

The only move it didn't use was "Volt Tackle", so does that mean Pikachu dropped "Volt Tackle" in favour of "Electro Ball", i think not.

In short, none of Pikachu's moves would be dropped.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 6:57 PM
I just saw the episode pictures, did Scraggy make a point to give Ash his hat back?

Awwww he really does like him!

Yeah Zuruggu had some cool moments, droping his pants and Kibago laughing at him and he makes his no teeth WTF face :P, when he group met back with Satoshi, Pikachu and Meguroko, everyone starts talking and he procedes to heabutt Meguroko wich Mijumaru saved the day by pulling him back and the hat, when they recover the stuff he goes get the egg and gives it to Satoshi :D.

Arcamenel
24th February 2011, 7:00 PM

Also "Quick Attack" & "Iron Tail" are his main offensive moves against pokemons who are immune to its electric attacks (as also shown in today's episode), so both of them won't be replaced.

Another fact is that Pikachu used "Thunderbolt", "Quick Attack" & "Iron Tail" after it used "Electro Ball" in today's episode, so those 3 aren't going to be dropped.

The only move it didn't use was "Volt Tackle", so does that mean Pikachu dropped "Volt Tackle" in favour of "Electro Ball", i think not.

In short, none of Pikachu's moves would be dropped.

I'd love for Pikachu to keep volt tackle but I got the impression that he couldn't use it anymore. From the pictures it seemed as though ash told pikachu to use volt tackle but it didn't work and in the process of trying to do it electro ball was produced. I think someone said in the spoilers post that electro ball had the possibility to be stronger than volt tackle without the recoil damage so I don't think pikachu losing that move isn't possible. But then pikachu could just know 5 moves too so it could go either way.

Robotic Wind
24th February 2011, 7:09 PM
Man, All Maxim is doing is stating his ideas. so, what if he acts like it fact. By argueing your point then your doing nothing but, making your point as fact in which there is no factat all. Plus putting people on your ignore list just because you disagree? Maxim is only going insane because y'all are treating him in a horrible manner.

I do have to agree with Maxim though. I think these Ducklett have a good enough chance at reappearing as the Psyduck in Shinoh, or the Magnemite in "Sparks Fly for Magnemite" Plus,if Dento ends up with a Swanna it doesn't haveto be one of these Ducklett.

I haven't seen it yet but, I might watch it tonight or whenever it's subbed. It'd seemed pretty good from the pics though.

Encyclopika
24th February 2011, 7:17 PM
Whether it ended or not, I do not want to see anymore fighting in this thread.
I could care less who started or what it was about, but the flaming needs to stop promptly. If you don't like the episode, gtfo. If you don't like what someone has posted, block 'em, ignore 'em, do what you must. But be civil.

It's like you people thrive on the thought of a heated argument gone awry. -.-

Lucario At Service
24th February 2011, 7:24 PM
I'd love for Pikachu to keep volt tackle but I got the impression that he couldn't use it anymore. From the pictures it seemed as though ash told pikachu to use volt tackle but it didn't work and in the process of trying to do it electro ball was produced.

Well the thing that happened was, because Pikachu was trapped in that umbrella while trying to use "Thunderbolt", it was again overloaded with power because of which it couldn't use its "Thunderbolt" again until it used "Electro Ball" (which released it of the excess power in the process).

As i have seen the episode, i can confrim that Ash never ordered Pikachu to use "Volt Tackle" in the entire episode.

Brandon00151
24th February 2011, 7:27 PM
I like how people are saying Ash's "days of catching evolved pokemon" are over just because he hasn't done it since Johto and saying that Ash won't catch Krokorok because it evolved before ash could catch it while it was a Sandile. Also how is this a filler? We got Axew and Scraggy training,Pikachu learning a new move, and the first Evolution of a pokemon in Best Wishes

dman_dustin
24th February 2011, 7:46 PM

I just can't agree with that because in-game, Pokemon can learn new moves upon levelling up, so depending on the Pokemon, and the experience it receives: It can learn at most 5 moves during a single battle (for a full battle) + the 4 moves it may already know.

Dwebble may have used five moves during the capture episode, but Dwebble didn't even use 4 moves in the battle against Cabarnet. We still don't what happened with Slash, or even dig.

KibaLG8
24th February 2011, 8:23 PM
I love the animation for this episode.... its funny.... I forget who it was but the Animator was the same one for DP156.... The Grandma Wilma & Gible Episode.^__^

firepokemontrainer
24th February 2011, 8:25 PM
I like how people are saying Ash's "days of catching evolved pokemon" are over just because he hasn't done it since Johto and saying that Ash won't catch Krokorok because it evolved before ash could catch it while it was a Sandile. Also how is this a filler? We got Axew and Scraggy training,Pikachu learning a new move, and the first Evolution of a pokemon in Best Wishes

I think some are thinking of a filler as something that doesn't push a character's development along. We seen them at least trying to get Axew and Scraggy stronger, so that's some development, even if Axew is still creating powerful sneezes. There's also Pikachu learning a new electric move, it's first since Volt Tackle in the battle frontier episodes.

Even if it's a filler in some people's eyes, it was rather entertaining. The Ducklett were just very Mischievous pokemon who liked to take stuff, possibly from unsuspecting trainers. I thought it was quite hilarious when one shot Oshawott with Scald twice and he threw his Scalchop on the ground, only to realize it's not such a good idea. I liked the entire episode to be honest.

KibaLG8
24th February 2011, 8:28 PM
I was hoping they would someday remix the Rival Battle theme from BW & they did it this episode!!! HELL YEA! Only halfway done with the episode and its pretty hilarious...

Also, what is up with Oshawott? Everytime he got hit by Boiling Water, it tossed its shell into the ground, realized it tossed it and picks it up.... a running gag perhaps? It was pretty funny.

pokefandt
24th February 2011, 8:32 PM
I was hoping they would someday remix the Rival Battle theme from BW & they did it this episode!!! HELL YEA! Only halfway done with the episode and its pretty hilarious...

They did, huh how was it, the remix I mean? I This episode was pretty fun and had the added bonus of pikachu learning a new move for the first time since 2005 or 2006. Its like 50/50 chance of seeing those Duckletts again for me. They seemed too funny to just be one off characters.

We'll definately be seeing Krokorok/Warubiru again. It be nuts for the writers not too, I say in another 10 or so episodes.

deathseer
24th February 2011, 8:35 PM
Aside from Pikachu learning Electro Ball, did Ash try to teach Zuruggu any sort of actual attacks?

Also, I hate to be THAT guy, but although Megaruco wasn't caught (or it's evolution), it does seem likely that he will still get it. It's got a good powerful move (Stone Edge), a desire to battle Ash, and of course fits into his general battle style. All it needs is some training and it becomes another reserve. And we all know how much Ash loves his Ground types (Donphan, Torterra, Gible, Gliscor).

KibaLG8
24th February 2011, 8:41 PM
They did, huh how was it, the remix I mean? I This episode was pretty fun and had the added bonus of pikachu learning a new move for the first time since 2005 or 2006. Its like 50/50 chance of seeing those Duckletts again for me. They seemed too funny to just be one off characters.

We'll definately be seeing Krokorok/Warubiru again. It be nuts for the writers not too, I say in another 10 or so episodes.

I liked it....:D It started off with some wierd beat... and I was like what the heck is this? Then I listened carefully & I jumped out of my seat.haha They played it twice as well... When Sandile evolved, I think they did an instrumental version of the BW opening.

kemal07
24th February 2011, 9:17 PM
Loved the episode. But God I wish Ash just caught it or it joined him as it's going to get annoying reading alot of people predicting Ash is going to catch Krokorok every episode it is set to appear in.

pokefandt
24th February 2011, 9:55 PM
Thank you again Kiba for linking me to the episode. Man those birds were annoying and pretty well coordinated too. Wow, Warubiru voice is much deeper that Sandile. I didn't think it would deepen that much. I really do hope ash catches it in the future.

Shneak
24th February 2011, 9:57 PM
The writers are doing a really good job at preventing fillers. I guess Pikachu learned Electro Ball over Volt Tackle? Or got a 5th attack.

I'll watch this later. It looks decent.

Pepsi_Plunge
24th February 2011, 10:06 PM

Also, what is up with Oshawott? Everytime he got hit by Boiling Water, it tossed its shell into the ground, realized it tossed it and picks it up.... a running gag perhaps? It was pretty funny.

Boiling water = shell gets hot, he threw it away then picked it up, it was just hot :P.

Brandon00151
24th February 2011, 10:20 PM
The new Evolution animation http://i.imgur.com/KhPbw.gif

Gaiash
24th February 2011, 10:21 PM
I guess Pikachu learned Electro Ball over Volt Tackle? Or got a 5th attack.
5th attack. From what I've seen Pokemon don't always forget moves to learn new ones unless they're seen an upgrade of said move. However even though it knows five attacks it'll be limited to four per battle.

Porygandrew
24th February 2011, 10:27 PM
The new Evolution animation http://i.imgur.com/KhPbw.gif

OMG THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Though it helps Sandile and Waruvile are pretty similar. I'd wait until they show some evolution that has a larger disparity such as kaburumo into shubarugo or ... actually there really isn't that much evolution disparity this gen except for maybe futachimaru into daikenki.

ShinyShelgon
24th February 2011, 10:36 PM
can anybody tell me where I can watch the episode online? It's usually on youtube by now but I can't seem to find it! hmph.

Gaiash
24th February 2011, 10:48 PM
can anybody tell me where I can watch the episode online? It's usually on youtube by now but I can't seem to find it! hmph.
We can't. Site rules. Since it is technically illegal the site has the rule the avoid any legal issues. My only suggestion is to look for it yourself.

uncutpokemon
24th February 2011, 10:54 PM
Not gonna say were, but I will say it's up now if you look around ;)

The Eleventh
24th February 2011, 10:56 PM
Oh, yeah, a "bad poster" is someone whom Pepsi_Plunge disagrees with. Yeah, add me to that list, too.

God.

Hey look! I care!

God, why are your posts so negative? This episode was not a filler. Pikachu learned a new move, and SS evolved. Try watching every other episode from now on, with no knowledge of this episode. It's not a filler, major events happened.

VoltTacklingPika
24th February 2011, 11:13 PM
Whether it was filler or not, I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed that episode. The random comedy provided by the Ducklett trio made me laugh out loud numerous times. I also enjoyed the music in this episode, three tracks in particular. I don't think these have been used before this episode. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. The rival theme from the Black and White games was used twice.

2. The theme called "Emotion" (not sure if that is its official name) was used briefly. This is the "sad" theme from the games.

3. An instrumental of the opening theme for Best Wishes was used after Sandile evolved.

All in all, a very entertaining episode with enough plot significance to not make it 100% filler.

ShinyShelgon
24th February 2011, 11:13 PM
Oops! Sorry for breaking the rules! Found it myself anyway!

It's a pretty sweet episode. It's nice to see excadrill again, even if it did nothing. I'm also liking pika's new move - even if I don't think it deserved that win at the end! :)

EDIT: oh and how funny is it when scraggy goes up to sandile to headbutt it and oshawott has to hold him back? haha

_Taidow_
24th February 2011, 11:29 PM
I loved this episode!

Training
~ Ash's Scraggy vs Iris' Axew. These two are perfect rivals for each other. I laughed when Cilan covered his food once Iris commanded Axew to use Dragon Sneeze.
~ Oh, Oshawott came out, and that gave Ash the idea to send out Tepig, Snivy, and Sewaddle out also.
~ The ground swallowed Ash and Pikachu, and left the three pokeballs behind.

Separation
~ Ash and Pikachu slide down a tunnel, made by the Sunglassed Sandile.
~ A Ducklett steals Cilan's kitchen utensil. It was hilarious how Mijumaru's shell reflected the Scald onto Iris. Where's the ninja moves you had in the Trubbish and Bianca episodes? HUH?
~ Iris, Axew, Scraggy, and Oshawott chase down Huey. Cilan and Pansage check out the hole.
~ Back with Ash, Pikachu and Sandile... Sandile wants a battle, they accept. Okay, Ash has encountered Sandile in "A Sandile Gusher of Change" and in the Trubbish episode... shouldn't you have known it was a ground type by now?
~ Dewey steals Sandile's glasses, and it becomes a-scared.
~ Then Louie steals Ash's hat. They chase them down.
~ They battle the Huey, Dewey and Louie... these birds are real as..jerks.
~ Pikachu gets caught inside an umbrella when using Thunderbolt.
~ REMATCH!
~ Pikachu learns Electro Ball! They send the Duckletts flying.
~ Its still hilarious seeing Oshawott ragequit after attempting to dodge Scald but having to block it with its scalchop.

Reunion Conclusion
~ They reunite its battle time again!
~ It was hilarious seeing Scraggy about to Headbutt Sandile but was stopped by Oshawott before he could. lol
~ Pikachu has Quick Attack, Thunderbolt (used prior to the battle), Iron Tail, and Electro Ball.
~ Sandile has Bite, Dig, and Stone Edge.
~ First Unova evolution seen! Sandile evolves into Krokodile.
~ Krokodile gets sent blasting off via a collision of Stone Edge and Electro Ball.

Great funny episode! 9/10!

garfield15
25th February 2011, 12:12 AM
Well, that was fun.

-The animation was noticibly different this week, but I liked it a lot. It seemed...rounder and led to more dynamic moments. I mean, Pikachu was making some really awesome faces in this episode. I hope that it comes back in a future episode because I would love to see this kind of animation like for a big important battle.

-Now, we had this episode begin with Iris' Kibago vs. Satoshi's Zuruggu. I'm glad they didn't forget this. Unfortunately, they both still suck pretty hard at actual battling. Oh well, keep trying Kiba.

-The Koaruhie were completely hilarious. I hope they come back. My favorite moment was both times of them blasting Mijumaru in the face and then he throws down his shell, but then picks it up. Awwwwww...

-For all these episodes, I was seriously wondering "Why does Meguroco want to fight so badly? I mean, is he just being a total dick or what." So yeah, it wanted to evolve. Kind of a shock. I liked the new evolving evolution though it actually growing into Waruvile was...kinda weird to be honest.

-Loved the part where Zuruggu tried to headbutt Meguroco and Mijumaru pulled him away. It's little things like that that I especially appreciate like when Tsutarja pulled Miju away from the Denchura.

-I was annoyed we didn't see all of Satoshi's mons in this episode like the manga said. However, yay, ElecBall. I don't think I'm supposed to think this, but I love how he makes it with his tail inb4 NOOOO! HE FORGOT VOLT TACKLE

Funny episode today.

did Ash try to teach Zuruggu any sort of actual attacks?
At least it was battling

ShinyVaati
25th February 2011, 12:19 AM
This episode was much better than I was expecting it to be. The Koaruhie triplets were so cute and funny! And I thought it was adorable how Sandile acted when its sunglasses got taken away.

Also, did this episode have a new animator? The style was noticeably different. Mostly the heads and eyes were rounder and the lines were darker. I liked it though, it was very fluid for the most part. Evolution animation was nice to see, it looked like it came straight out of the game.

There was lots of new music in this as well. Title card's changed to something I can't put my finger on, the rival battle music was (finally) used, and the game's opening sequence music got a remix (not sure if this was used before.) There have been others in there too. And Best Wishes! got an instrumental version.

Excadrill got out for about 10 seconds... I really hope it starts appearing more.

Juputoru
25th February 2011, 12:24 AM
-Kibago VS Scraggy is as hilariously underdramatic as always.
-Ahahaha, Dento scrambling to protect the food & tableware as Kibago charges up Dragon Sneeze.
-...Kibago actually sneezed while trying to use its attack!
-Duck!
-Ash is about to send out all his Pokes, but...the earth suddenly swallows him! Oh dear!
-And now the hole sealed itself before Iris & Dento could figure out WTF. That's what happens when you piss off earth spirits, Ash.
-Dento sends out Yanappu to dig down, and...Iris is going to send out Doryuuzu! As serious as she's intending to be, she's kind of ruining the effect with that zoomed-in super serious expression shot.
-Oh, of course this is all Sunglasses Meguroko's fault.
-Falling that far down from the side of a cliff must hurt like hell.
-Why is this thing so damned obsessed with battling Pikachu, anyway?
-Iris sends out Doryuuzu! Which...still refuses to listen. To the point where the music dies a painful death.
-Duck! With Dento's food cover thing on its head!
-Dento proceeds to value his food cover thing over Ash's wellbeing. I'm surprised at you, Dento! I thought you were a respectable gentleman.
-The Ducklett fires a watergun at Dento, who dodges it. The attack proceeds to hit Mijumaru, but it deflects it at Iris, who is not pleased. Then Mijumaru stops guarding, and...was that actually Boiling Water? Mijumaru's face is BURNT.
-Aw, Mijumaru had the cutest little tantrum ever. It even tossed down its shell before running to pick it back up. :3
-That laugh...that duck is an *******!
-Mijumaru chases after Ducklett because it's angry, Scraggy follows because it likes fighting ****, and Kibago follows because EVERYONE IS RUNNING TO DO STUFF! YAAAAY!
-Back to Pikachu VS Shadescroc! And...there's the tired old "ELECTRIC MOVES DON'T WORK! GASP!"
-Then another duck wanders into the middle of the battle. Damned ducks.
-Shadescroc shoves the duck out of the way, then threatens it by opening its mouth reaaaally wiiiidde, then...the duck just pokes its head into Shadescroc's mouth. What?
-And now it made Shadescroc sneeze and lose its shades! These ducks are jerks!
-Aw, Meguroko is so timid without its glasses.
-Ash and croc go searching for the duck, then...FLOCK OF KOROMORI OUT OF NOWHERE!
-Oh god, another duck is watching them now. Lemme guess, this is the one that's gonna steal Ash's hat.
-Yep! Damned jerk ducks.
-Did those ducks just high five each other? I think they did!
-Those Duckletts are giving me a strong urge to cook roast duck...
-Scalding Ash's face, then freezing him solid? That's just uncalled for, Jerk Duck Trio.
-The BGM is the Battle Subway music! I approve!
-Pikachu gets trapped under an umbrella, and...shocks itself?!
-Meanwhile...Iris is swinging on a vine to catch up with Kibago/Mijumaru/Scraggy! And she's not happy with them!
-Back at Ash...Pikachu is still kinda overloaded on electricity. Hm.
-Now Ash is trying to resolve the situation...without...fighting? What show am I watching?!
-And the damned ducks fake him out. JERKS.
-Finally, the fighting breaks down into a comic dust cloud brawl. (KILL THE DAMNED ******* DUCKS ALREADY)
-And now Pikachu FINALLY has a new move! It's...Electro Ball!
-Just in time for Dento and Iris to finally find Ash again. Way to pull your own weight, guys!
-Everyone seems kind of helpless to stop the ducks, but I have a solution! Get a hunting rifle & something to roast the ducks on, and...oh, or Pikachu can just Thunderbolt them.
-Team Douchebag Ducks is blasting off agaaaaaiiin! well, not quite.
-I'm not sure why, but there's something cute about Zuruggu giving Ash his hat back.
-...they healed Meguroko at the Pokemon Center too? Even though it's a wild Pokemon? They can do that?!
-Ahahaha, Dento and Iris look so confused about Meguroko challenging Pikachu.
-Iris is worried that Pikachu only has like two moves that are effective against ground types, but Dento blathers on about spice and stuff. I'm sure he thinks he's being very deep.
-Pikachu has some trouble against Dig. Dento feels it's necessary to comment on Dig's spice & the battle's taste.
-Meguroko is smug, and it starts glowing, and...wait, glowing? No.
-Or should I say: Yes! It's evolving!
-OH MY GOD WARUVILE SOUNDS AWESOME. (although its entire line in the games basically sounds like guitars, so...)
-The instrumental version of Best Wishes used here also sounds awesome.
-Stone Edge VS Electro Ball ends up with...Waruvile blasting off! Well okay then!

Pretty funny episode, even if I wanted to murder those damned Ducklett. The new pieces of music used were also pretty great.

Kustem
25th February 2011, 12:48 AM
-i love how scraggy gives the hat to ash, was idont know cute,
-evolucion animation was just awesome, and i want to see oshawott´one more now.
-and i dont know if is just me, but a saw something different in pikachu`s draw, its head is more,,, oval than round. like dreamworld`s pikachu,,,(maybe is just me).

TsukiMirage
25th February 2011, 1:06 AM
Great episode. I love that we saw Axew and Scraggy being trained and at least Iris remembered she has Excadrill. Some good built up.

Lee-san
25th February 2011, 2:23 AM
Wow, that was a really great episode.
Koaruhie was entertaining, Pikachu finally learned a new move (although it seems at the cost of Volt Tackle) and Megurocco evolved.

Poke Master 7
25th February 2011, 4:19 AM
I've gotta say, now that we've seen how much Ash interracted with Sandile through the episode helping it to get its glasses back and how it does seem to like Ash, now I'm really gonna be disappointed if Ash doesn't catch it sometime before the end of the region. Stop teasing us so writers!

Lorde
25th February 2011, 4:58 AM
I finally got around to watching this episode. I thought it was decent enough. I remember looking at the sketches for this episode a while ago, and things looked like they were going to be hilarious. Sadly, the plot was pretty mediocre. Anyway, the episode started out with Ash's Scraggy and Iris's Axew getting ready to battle. I guess both Ash and Iris still wanted to train their Pokemon a bit more or something. I liked that neither Scraggy nor Axew were any good at battling. Sure, Scraggy's Headbutt attack managed to hit Axew, but it was pretty weak. I was surprised that Iris had Axew use Dragon Rage, though. I also noticed that it charges up like Draco Meteor; I guess I'm slow. I wasn't surprised that it backfired, but Axew looked cute when it did. Anyway, Cilan told them that the food was done and then I saw them: the eyes of the Devil! Or maybe they were the eyes of a Ducklett. Same thing, really. Oshawott then came out to eat! Suddenly, BAM! Ash and Pikachu fell into a deep tunnel. I was thinking that Team Rocket made it, but I should've known better. The entrance collapsed and Cilan sent out Pansage to help and Iris was gonna use Excadrill. Lol. I was mad that the title card music changed, however. I'm gonna rage about that for weeks to come, so be prepared! Anyway, the Sandile with sunglasses appeared to have been the one who dug that tunnel. What the heck is its problem? It appeared that Sandile wanted to battle Pikachu or something. It was funny to note that instead of looking for his friends, Ash decided to battle that crazy Sandile. Because you know, truck friendship. Anyway, back at the camp, Iris sent out Excadrill but it still didn't listen to her. When will it learn to help its trainer? Just as Cilan ordered Pansage to help out, Cilan noticed that a soul-less bird Pokemon (AKA Ducklett) was stealing his bowl! What is it with Pokemon taking Cilan's bowls all the time? First Minccino, now Ducklett? What I absolutely LOVED was when Cilan ran after it and the Ducklett used a Water-type attack, which just bounced off of Oshawott's shell and onto Iris's face! That was so awesome! Oshawott swallowed some of the water, and it appeared that the attack was Scald. I felt so mad that Oshawott had been burned; I just wanted to rip that Ducklett to pieces! I wanted to light those pieces on fire and then dance around the burning pyre! Anyway, Oshawott got over its burn and that hellish Ducklett laughed and I thought it was possessed by the Devil or something; that was creepy! Iris and the Pokemon went after Ducklett while Cilan went somewhere else; he probably went to reapply his mascara or something. Back at the forest, Pikachu attacked Sandile with Thunderbolt, despite Sandile being a Ground-type and taking no damage from that attack. HAHAHAHA! Suddenly, another Ducklett appeared and Ash scanned it in his Pokedex. Ducklett then started poking its head inside of Sandile's mouth, and I laughed at how gross that was. ThroatShipping, anyone? There was this "what the truck" moment when Ducklett tickled Sandile's nose and then took possession of its sunglasses when it sneezed. Then it trolled Sandile and pushed it away with Scald. What a jerk! Ash, Pikachu, and Sandile went looking for that Hell bird, but Sandile seemed to be afraid of everything. I guess those sunglasses made it brave or something. Oh come on, Sandile. No matter black, white or beige, chola or orient made, you're on the right track, baby, you were born to be brave! Anyway, Ducklett flew out of a tree and stole Ash's hat (which happens in every other episode, so it's a gag now). I loved hearing that remix of the rival battle theme, though. That was awesome, and I wanted Cheren to appear and challenge Ash or something. Anyway, Ash ran after the Ducklett and there turned out to be 2 of them!

Pikachu attacked them with Thunderbolt, and they fell. Ash was going to get the items back, but the Ducklett with the bowl appeared and attacked him. I laughed when Ash got hit with Scald and Ice Beam, since he deserved it for having Pikachu use an Electric move on a Ground-type earlier. Sandile saved Ash from the ice though, and I thought that was supa kawaii! Ash chased the Ducklett to their nest, but they tossed out a ton of random stuff and Ash had to run. Lol. Some random stuff happened, Pikachu got stuck inside a parasol, and Ash and the Pokemon fled. Back at the other side of the forest, the other Pokemon and Iris were seen and Cilan arrived, apparently, by climbing out of Sandile's tunnel. Haha. Back at a lake, the Ducklett were playing with stuff. Ash tried to talk to them and it looked like one of them was going to return the sunglasses, but it was just trolling and it attacked Ash and the Pokemon with Scald, again. Geez, those birds kept trolling. I bet they were related to Tobias. Anyway, Pikachu tried to use Thunderbolt but it didn't work. Problem, Pikachu? Apparently, the parasol from earlier affected its electric powers. Pfft. Really, writers? That's the best you could come up with? It was just like the whole Zekrom BS that we got in episode one of BW. Whatever. Sandile decided to fight and it used Stone Edge against the Ducklett. They dodged that, and used Ice Beam. Sandile managed to dodge as well, though. Pikachu helped with Iron Tail, but the Ducklett out-smarted it and attacked Sandile. How sad. Ash got involved, and I laughed at the chaotic melee. Then, out of nowhere, Pikachu charged up a new attack: Elecball! It used Elecball to send the wild Ducklett trio flying. I thought that was random, but at least the Ducklett were gone (and hopefully, dead). Anyway, Iris and Cilan finally arrived and I laughed as Scraggy attempted to use Headbutt on Sandile. Thank God that Oshawott was there to pull it away! I yelled "what the truck?!" when I saw those Ducklett return. I mean seriously, I almost punched the cat because I was so upset that things weren't over. The Ducklett attacked Ash and friends with Scald and Ice Beam, and Oshawott got burned again. How annoying! Pikachu used Thunderbolt and the Ducklett went off flying again. Yay. Everyone got their items back and Ash and friends were later seen at a Pokemon Center, where Pikachu and Sandile were healed by Nurse Joy. I was expecting things to get back to normal after that, but Ash still had one last thing to do: battle Sandile. I had to wonder why they were going to battle, but I just went with it. Sandile used Stone Edge, which hit Pikachu. Pikachu got up and used Quick Attack on Sandile after that, which proved to be rather effective. Sandile used Dig as Pikachu used Iron Tail, and then Pikachu got attacked by Sandile. You know, the usual stuff. Just as Sandile was going to finish off the match, it freaking evolved into Krokorok! I liked the new evolution animation, but I was stunned to see Sandile evolve. Ash scanned it into his Pokedex and then the Krokorok started using Stone Edge again. Pikachu managed to use Elecball to blast through the barrage of rocks and it sent those same rocks back to Krokorok. There was an explosion and Krokorok was blasted into the sky, just like those Ducklett from earlier. Iris and Cilan then congratulated Ash and Pikachu for beating Krokorok, and they all left to Castelia City. Well, that sure was anti-climactic. I hated that things just ended with Sandile fighting Pikachu and I disliked that Pikachu learned yet another Electric-type move, but thing could've been a whole lot worse. I do hope those Ducklett burn in Hell for all eternity, though. This episode gets a 6/10. Stay faaaabulous~

Emperor Empoleon
25th February 2011, 5:13 AM
- I'm definetly getting a Sandile now..

- Love the animation

- Pikachu using ElectroBall was cool :3

- Instrumental version of Best Wishes! FTW

- So has this guy replaced the old Team Rocket? Digging hole traps and blasting off and what not..

Cobalt_Latios
25th February 2011, 5:16 AM
http://sunyshore.com/other_art_bw.shtml

put these back up. tons of fun :D
It's always neat to check out the behind the scenes stuff.

Considering the lack of TR these days, I wouldn't mind that.

I really like how Team Rocket's old slapstick antics have been re-animated into the pokemon.

The Duckletts were absolutely hilarious.
Some of their expressions were flat-out hilarious. Yeah, the lack of any facial expression change only made it funnier :).

They made Pikachu's face a little more like in the games>.>It's rounder.I think it's cute^^
Yeah, the animation in here... it seems awfully familiar...

So there's this move and whatever move is used against Plasma. Well at least this makes up for Pikachu not learning any moves in D/P.
No kidding. I was actually hoping it would learn Feint in D/P, but no dice. I like Elec-ball though. Nice change of style too.

Which were they?

I love the animation for this episode.... its funny.... I forget who it was but the Animator was the same one for DP156.... The Grandma Wilma & Gible Episode.^__^
I KNEW IT LOOKED FAMILIAR!! :D.

-The BGM is the Battle Subway music! I approve!
Was wondering what that was...

Hahaha! What a great episode. I totally love animation in this! Seeing as it's the the same person who provided us with the Gible episode, this was just a ball! Normally I'd do my bullet style course for the episode, but Juputoru beat me to it, and quite frankly, most of what I had to say was pretty much there anyways.

The ducklett trio were total trolls; and using Scald just made it worse... and they were packing Ice Beam. That's just unfair. Although the hysterical antics and their facial expressions made them a riot just the same.

Sandile evolving was a surprise, but so was Pikachu learning Elec-Ball. My god, why did it take so long for the rate to learn a new move? Or is it only going to be learning new Electric attacks?

Also, did anyone notice that the evolution theme was playing during most of the battle between Sandile and Pikachu?

Oshawott getting shot with Scald was hilarious.

Overall, a nice little comedy bought... and I realized that this is the third consecutive Team Rocket-less episode. Oh well, they'll have that 3 parter to make up for their absence :D.

edit: Wait a sec... 3 ducks, playing pranks and being surprisingly organized... no, that's way to easy a reference. I will not acknowledge it...

/CL

Dax
25th February 2011, 5:45 AM
I thought this episode was fantastic.

-Amazing battle between Kibago and Zuruggu. Not because it was intense, it was just so INTENTIONALLY bad that it was good. Just seeing Ash and Iris' expression knowing their pokemon are extremely weak was hilarious; not to mention; Kibago laughing at pants on the ground was amazing.

-The Ducklett trio should definitely return to Best Wishes. Their lack of expression, the way they pronounced their name like they were laughing and the blasting off were fantastic.

-Mijumaru oh Mijumaru. The Boiling Water hitting him in the face ----> throwing shell on the floor mad---> picking it up and smiling was adorable as well as funny.

- It's been a while, two sagas since Pikachu gets a new move. I don't like Electra Ball but at least he got something.

- Waruvile looks really cool but I don't like the pokemon, at least not the personality.

Grei
25th February 2011, 5:57 AM
What!? You mean... Sandile WASN'T captured here? That's impossible! Lots of merchandise said ASh would be with a SANDILE! Not a Krokorok, but a Sandile! That was completely fool-proof evidence! It was so fool-proof that anyone who thought otherwise was automatically deemed wrong, since thy couldn't know how the Episode would turn out!

Thank God. I'm happy that dumb croc wasn't captured. Since there's no merchandise showing Ash with Krokorok, only Ash with Sandile--which can't happen at this point--hopefully the speculation can die and certain people can stop being hung up on it.

CyberCubed
25th February 2011, 6:03 AM
Thank God. I'm happy that dumb croc wasn't captured. Since there's no merchandise showing Ash with Krokorok, only Ash with Sandile--which can't happen at this point--hopefully the speculation can die and certain people can stop being hung up on it.

You do realize Ash can still capture the crocodile even though its now evolved, right?

Don't rule anything out.

1rkhachatryan
25th February 2011, 6:22 AM
What!? You mean... Sandile WASN'T captured here? That's impossible! Lots of merchandise said ASh would be with a SANDILE! Not a Krokorok, but a Sandile! That was completely fool-proof evidence! It was so fool-proof that anyone who thought otherwise was automatically deemed wrong, since thy couldn't know how the Episode would turn out!

Wow sarcastic much??? And by the way there is merch with waruvile, lunchbox. And I guess most people were right in saying that the merch was just advertising sunglasses meguruko and the lunchbox its evolution. But you are crazy if you think ash can't capture it still and even more crazy if you think he is getting the ghost robot just saying.

Legendary Dreams
25th February 2011, 1:41 PM
I loved and hated this episode.

This episode just ruined my initial image of Duckletts. I spent every scene (barring the first few) saying STOP LAUGHING LIKE BANSHEES.

In Arceus' name should they never return. But the way they flew off was reminiscent of how team rocket escaped at the Dreamyard, doesn't bode well.

Sandile, I mean Krokorok, on the other hand... I hope to see him again (And we will anyway, he's already back for like the 2nd time). Neat to see his confidence stemmed from the Sunglasses. He overcame it to some degree in this episode. When he evolves again, I think he would have overcome it compeletely (Pun is Waruvial's eye patterns are already that of Sunglasses).

If those Ducklett come back as well, I'd say if Ash meets N and N whines about Ash keeping his pokemon in Pokeballs, he can just proudly show Pikachu, Krokorok and Team Ducklett to shut N up XD.

I now get the "Ash'll never catch Sandile/Krokorok/Waruvial but he is technically a rival and Ash's 7th Pokemon rolled into one".

Team Rocket got rolled to be real crooks, Duckletts to replace them, and Sandile-Line to be the Jigglypuff of BW. BW is turning out to be better than I thought. Now they need to get rid of that Banshee laugh... I don't want to hear it everytime those ducks come back. ARGH.

BM14murph
25th February 2011, 1:56 PM
All i can say was epic episode

We got to see Excadrill again :)....even if it was only in it's hibernating form
Amazing new evolution sequence debuted
Pikachu learned a new move

The only bad thing IMO was that Ash didn't catch Krokorok

Pepsi_Plunge
25th February 2011, 2:58 PM

Grei most people didn't think he was going to get captured here, just like me, only seeing the episode I got that impression, like me most people said he wouldn't be caught here either.

So theres still a possibility and after seeing the episode regardless of evolution, wtv. Do you not want it to be caught? this was an episode like Ishizumai episode were it screams basicly, capture me ,capture me.

Grei it always made sense for it to be caught and still does now, even more after all the bonding, helping eachother,etc.

I don't like Satoshi capturing evolved pokemons, since I like seeing the evolutions happening and the development of the pokemon but this capture makes sense any way you look at it, so obviously I still want it to be caught even if its evolved.

No one acted like you said, besides at the start when there was the calender and the thingy with Satoshi team and Meguroko, that was at the start before Kurumiru and Zuruggu where caught, that was even before Tsutarja was caught I believe.

Oh but hey, Waruvial is coming out in a lot of merchandizing .

Basicly people were proven wrong about them not bonding, I am actually right even though he wasn't caught but like I said, I was saying he wouldn't be caught in this episode so its all fun and games :D.

Chill92
25th February 2011, 3:46 PM
Hie hie hie! The ducklett's were awesome, I really liked them as jerks :D
It would be awesome if one of them could join as one of the main cast pokemon, but I doubt that would happen. I doubt we will even see them again just because they got "blasted off". In that case that Scolipede from episode 8 would return with that logic, which I see unlikely.

Now Sandile, or should I say Krokorok, will definitly return later and didn't expect it to get captured this episode anyway. It would be ironic if Ash caught is as a Krookodile after he got his eigth badge lol

I don't have much to say about Electro ball, a non-electric attack would be better but meh.

Black&White
25th February 2011, 4:19 PM
I really liked the episode, but I wish Ash caught Sandile/Krokorok. The Ducklett's were funny, and Electro Ball was cool. It's funny because Pikachu learns Electro Ball at level 18, but he's learned Thunder which is learned at level 50.

Grei
25th February 2011, 4:20 PM
You do realize Ash can still capture the crocodile even though its now evolved, right?

Don't rule anything out.

I really like it when you read my posts, Cyber. It really makes you seem like an intelligent human being. Really, it does.

I clearly said that all evidence for Ash + Sandile relied on Ash catching Sandile. That cannot happen anymore, which rules out pretty much all evidence regarding Krokorok. Krokorok can still be caught, yes, but at this point it's only about as likely as the speculated Cubchoo or Golett captures.

Wow sarcastic much??? And by the way there is merch with waruvile, lunchbox. And I guess most people were right in saying that the merch was just advertising sunglasses meguruko and the lunchbox its evolution. But you are crazy if you think ash can't capture it still and even more crazy if you think he is getting the ghost robot just saying.

God damn, I really love when you read my posts, too! It's even better when you do! :|

As I debunked already, the lunchbox clearly shows random Pokemon. If you want to say Krokorok is there because of its anime appearance, then fine--but that's not evidence for Ash getting it. It's very clear that Krok is important in the anime, but you can't use its importance as justification for the lousy "Ash will capture it" argument.

As I said above, I don't think Ash cannot capture it, but really now--how much evidence is there saying Ash will get Krokorok? Rule out all evidence and look only at the evidence that's left--not the old stuff or one's old emotions or inclinations. We have: the lunchbox. Whoopee. That's absolutely nothing.

Grei most people didn't think he was going to get captured here, just like me, only seeing the episode I got that impression, like me most people said he wouldn't be caught here either.

So theres still a possibility and after seeing the episode regardless of evolution, wtv. Do you not want it to be caught? this was an episode like Ishizumai episode were it screams basicly, capture me ,capture me.

Well, clearly it wasn't, because Ash didn't catch Krokorok.

It seems to me that Krokorok wants Ash as a type of rival, not to be caught.

But if people want to think Ash will catch Krokorok, they'll have to provide better evidence than the broken-record phrase "it's on the merchandise!!!1" because that no longer aids Krokorok's case. I can see Krokorok getting captured simply because it's been following Ash, but that's no definitive case--it's opinion-based, and it competes with a lot of conflicting opinions that aren't any more invalid than the Krokorok one.

Grei it always made sense for it to be caught and still does now, even more after all the bonding, helping eachother,etc.

I don't like Satoshi capturing evolved pokemons, since I like seeing the evolutions happening and the development of the pokemon but this capture makes sense any way you look at it, so obviously I still want it to be caught even if its evolved.

It only made sense if you thought, "hey, Ash would be good with Sandile." Thing is, nobody did that. Pretty much everyone was basing their argument on merchandise and stuff. At least, those who were most avid about Ash getting Krokorok did.

No one acted like you said,

Oh, somebody definitely did. I'm not sure how you would know either way (since I was the one arguing with him), but I'm definitely responding to that person in this message.

besides at the start when there was the calender and the thingy with Satoshi team and Meguroko, that was at the start before Kurumiru and Zuruggu where caught, that was even before Tsutarja was caught I believe.

You would think if merchandise of Sandile appeared before Scraggy and Sewaddle, Sandile would join Ash's team first. Yet, it didn't. Quite the opposite, actually.

Some people are too set in their ways to see logic and persevere in their beliefs even when it makes no sense to do so. These people have made it such a headache for me, personally, so that's why I, personally, am against Ash getting Krokorok.

Well, that, and the fact that there's no evidence for it anymore.

Oh but hey, Waruvial is coming out in a lot of merchandizing .

A lunchbox.
And that's it. We have a whopping total of: a lunchbox.

If you can come up with other pieces of merchandise where it appears, then post it, please. Because the lunchbox is, as I stated above, not feasible in the slightest as evidence for Ash getting Krokorok.

I mean, duh. Krokorok is an important Pokemon, of course it's going to be on merchandise which features the entire main cast's Pokemon. That doesn't mean it's any more likely in getting captured.

johno1995
25th February 2011, 4:34 PM
Lol, I loved this episode. Poor Ash has gotten his *** handed to him a lot this season... I think he's been electrocuted, frozen, just hurt in general more so far in the beginning of BW than he ever was in AG or DP by the end of their runs. :p

I loved the Ducklett, I'd rather them be recurring Pokemon more than Sandile/Krokorok, tbh, it's kinda boring :\ This episode made it a little funner, but I'm not sure if I'd like to see it continue following Ash now that it's a Krokorok. I'm glad he didn't catch it though, it would've been too predictable.

He has enough Pokemon to balance on his team, I think it'd be best to wait until Sewaddle and Pidove get more development/evolve all the way before Ash catches a new Pokemon. Overall, a fun episode, probably one of my favorites so far. :D

kemal07
25th February 2011, 8:26 PM
Was Excadrill just ignoring Iris when she sent it out or was it sleeping?

snivy trainer
25th February 2011, 8:27 PM
Did anyone read any synopsis on that episode? Sandile evolves into a waruvile(great, a reaccuring waruvile, clever nintendo pokemon creators) and yes, pikachu learns electro ball. I reckon either thunderbolt or quick attack will go off pikas main anime moveset. Ducklett does look awsome and the fact that sandile got scared...real freaky. Waruvile looks great and makes me want one for my game!

Shneak
25th February 2011, 9:47 PM
Pikachu used Quick Attack and Thunderbolt after Electro Ball, so no.

This episode was much better than I thought it would be. It was funny and the animation was good. The music was different and fresh too.

My favorite moments are when Oshawott threw his shell down onto the ground after it was boiled and picked it up again and when Scraggy went to headbutt Sandile and Oshawott pulled him back. I laughed so hard. I love Scraggy.

Gaiash
25th February 2011, 9:49 PM
I reckon either thunderbolt or quick attack will go off pikas main anime moveset.
1. Thunderbolt is too iconic a move for Pikachu to be forgotten
2. Thunderbolt, Quick Attack and Iron Tail were all used since learning Electro Ball
3. Even if it isn't used as much now Pikachu will still be able to use Volt Tackle in the future

playerking
26th February 2011, 2:48 AM
A lunchbox.
And that's it. We have a whopping total of: a lunchbox.

If you can come up with other pieces of merchandise where it appears, then post it, please.

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/auc-m1toys/cabinet/y-201104-68.jpg

Now only seeing the pictures for this episode, and reading the summaries here, it seems Meguroko and Ash had a close bond with the croc in this episode, I just hope he catches it later, or he sees it a lot.

And seeing Waruvile in the episode, it looks awesome. And just by pictures, I like the evolution animation change.

Addydo
26th February 2011, 6:55 AM
I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode! Loved the new evolution method (2 thumbs up, freakin sick), Scraggy was funny as hell, and so were the 3 Ducklett! :) Can't wait to see the dubbed version too!

cauldronmaster
26th February 2011, 10:50 PM
I have a feeling that Volt Tackle was forgotten to make room for Wild Bolt later on.

While Wild Bolt is technically a weaker variant in the games, it could be much more powerful than Volt Tackle in the anime, as is the case with Leaf Storm and Grass Mixer.

MidnightScott
27th February 2011, 10:40 PM
Scraggy was so cute when it handed Ash his hat back. I think I'll have one on my team this time.

gliscor&yanmega
28th February 2011, 3:53 PM
Favorite episode of Best Wishes so far.

It had:
-Sandile, the sunglasses Sandile made it a plus
-Tons have funny moments
-Sandile
-Duckletts laugh was awesome
-Sandile
-New music
-Sandile
-Pikachu got a new move
-Sandile
-First evolution of Best Wishes, which is awesome how it's done now
-Did I mention Sandile?
-And to top it all off it had Krokorok

No Team Rocket sadly.

Pretty much no bad points in the episode for me at all, most if not all were great moments. Too bad Ash didn't just get Krokorok here but I guess I can wait for it to get caught later possibly.

Blazicken
1st March 2011, 9:17 PM
I actiually enjoyed this episode.
Though I just knew ash was going to use TB on sandile, it did't really bother me.
The Ducklets were pretty entertaining (and might return for plot-humor's sake)
Krokorok will obviously follow ash for rematches. (perhaps even a capture)
We were shown the new evolution-animation which I prefer over the old one
& Pikachu learned a new move, everybody got their wish.

d4rk_tailed
2nd March 2011, 5:07 AM
There are those moments in the show that just make you like Pokemon that, from concept art, you never thought you would have ended up liking because their design looks flawed, and what the heck, after watching the ep, I suddenly like Scraggy and Ducklett. Dodgy subliminal advertising if ever I saw some.

Amazing episode. But Pikachu needs to man up a bit, how long does it take to charge up a Thunderbolt and cane 3 ducks?

gliscor&yanmega
3rd March 2011, 3:51 PM
Seems at the end of the episode Ash comments on how Krokorok will be back. So it most likely isn't down with yet. That's good, even if it doesn't get captured I'd like to see it often through out the show.

THa pkmn masta
3rd March 2011, 3:53 PM
Pikachu ftw ^.^

Locormus
8th March 2011, 2:28 AM
Seems at the end of the episode Ash comments on how Krokorok will be back. So it most likely isn't down with yet. That's good, even if it doesn't get captured I'd like to see it often through out the show.

So that's even more backup for the notion of it eventually being caught.

I think this is a good thing that the writers are doing. They're establishing a pokemon already, when Ash's underdeveloped team is too crowded for another member, yet they still manage to develop a 'possible future' team member of his at the same time.

gliscor&yanmega
8th March 2011, 5:21 PM
So that's even more backup for the notion of it eventually being caught.

I think this is a good thing that the writers are doing. They're establishing a pokemon already, when Ash's underdeveloped team is too crowded for another member, yet they still manage to develop a 'possible future' team member of his at the same time.

Even if it isn't caught, I'd be fine with it being a recurring Pokemon and battling against and with Ash from time to time.

But I think writers sometimes use recurring Pokemon as a way to see what the Pokemon would look like with Ash and that. This way they can just add the Pokemon to the team if they want, and if not then they can write the Pokemon off the show.

This episode clearly showed some teamwork between Ash & Pikachu and Sandile, and I can't help but assume Sandile likes Ash and Pikachu more now that it was helped by them and got to battle them.

So long as Krokorok doesn't just disappear I can't see anything going wrong with it being in the anime as a Pikachu rival or as Ash's Pokemon.

I do hope it gets caught though.

BlazingCold
12th March 2011, 7:15 PM
How do you get those sprites that move and are big...?

Mr155555
24th March 2011, 10:15 AM
Was Excadrill just ignoring Iris when she sent it out or was it sleeping?

I Think Excadrill Was Disobeying Iris

johno1995
25th March 2011, 3:56 AM
I rewatched this episode, as it is my favorite BW episode and wanted to see it again, and I realized one of the things I didn't notice about this episode at first, was how good the animation was.

It was really fluid and the way everything was drawn and animated had a cool style to it. Some of the best animation - if not the best - in the series imo... It looked really good.

jscholfield
25th March 2011, 10:31 AM
scraggy was so funny when it went to headbutt sandile

Littlemyuu
25th March 2011, 11:22 PM
Scraggy is so cute ^^ he 3 Duckett's are also really cute =D

Hikari Paradise
3rd April 2011, 10:08 PM
Those ducklett scare the s*** outta me. Their large beady eyes just stare into your soul.

G50
30th April 2011, 2:53 PM
This episode was alright. It was cool to see Koaruhie for the 1st time. The 3 Koaruhie were such troublemakers! They stole items from the gang and kept attacking them when Ash kept trying to get the items back. Meguroco lost its glasses, and then was so timid and upset because it really loved those glasses. Koaruhie attacking harming Meguroco over and over again. It was great to see Pikachu learn Electro Ball, that attack was able to finally blast off the 3 Koaruhie. The Meguroco vs Pikachu battle was very cool. Meguroco ends up evolving into Waruville in such a cool animated way. Then Pikachu uses Electro Ball and Waruville used Stone Edge which clashed, blasting off Waruville. The gang was able to get their things back. It was cool to see what the Scald attack looks like.

61/100

Silent Chaos
5th May 2011, 12:57 PM
OMG!!!I love those Duckletts...They are so epic!!!!

TheEpicGoomba
7th May 2011, 11:36 PM
I loved this episode.The 3 Ducklett's were so cute,trouble makers,had an epic laugh and were epic themselved. Glad to see the return of Sandile and for it to evolve into Krokorok. It was so timid without it's glasses. Finaly Pikachu learnes a new move after about I dunno 4 years maybe-_- it was electro ball 9/10

SphealsFTW
15th May 2011, 3:56 AM
The episode was okay. I found the Duckletts really, really annoying >3<. Sandile seemed kind of cute without the glasses o3o. That all changed once it evolved... D: I don't like the way it's evolved form looks plus the voice of it is very strange.

Cartoonami
3rd June 2011, 6:24 AM
I'll be perpetually disappointed if the dub exorcises the new title card music that debuts in this eppy.

Otherwise, I did see this when it aired in Japan, and it's a good one. 'Liked seeing Ash interact with the persistant Sandlile. Oh, and the Ducklett were amusing too. The animation truly heightened the episode's enjoyment.

The sandwich
10th June 2011, 6:03 PM
Those ducklett scare the s*** outta me. Their large beady eyes just stare into your soul.

Umm.....you're scared of Ducklett?

Baby.

G4Pokefan
18th June 2011, 3:44 PM
Guess I'm the first to comment on today's ep. It was a decent one though. Pikachu learning Electro Ball and Sandile evolving were unexpected to me.

SmartD
18th June 2011, 4:02 PM
It was a good episode. Pikachu learns Electro Ball and Sandile evolves into Krokorok. Ash's hat was stolen, but he got it back in the end. Can't wait for the next episode.

Torpoleon
18th June 2011, 4:16 PM
Very awesome episode. Scraggy VS Axew at the beginning was cool. Seeing Sunglasses Sandile again is something I liked. Nice new evolution effect and SS evolving into SK was awesome. When Krokorok talks, it kind of sounds like Broly saying "Kakarot!" in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (probably other Dragon Ball things as well). I also liked that Pikachu learned Electro Ball. Overall, an awesome episode.
10/10

Asrialys
18th June 2011, 6:23 PM
Oshawott was so amazing this episode. Dawn's Piplup and Oshawott need to meet.

AuraChannelerChris
18th June 2011, 6:47 PM
Oshawott was so amazing this episode. Dawn's Piplup and Oshawott need to meet.

Yes, so that Oshawott can kill Piplup. I couldn't agree more with you!

Anyway, I didn't notice the evolution animation had changed. I personally think it's very nice. As for the Duckletts, they were really bratty, and how the hell didn't the first Thunderbolt knock them out? Unless the stuff they were wearing protected them in some sort of crazy way...

WaterDragon trainer
18th June 2011, 6:51 PM
This episode was pretty good. Not much to say besides the fact that it was cool to see a pre-evolved form of one of my favorite Unova pokemon (Krokorok).

Ne0n-H!tch'd
18th June 2011, 7:54 PM
These 3 Ducklett remind me of those 3 Murkrow in that Johto episode... "All That Glitters"
In fact the whole episode was like a deja vu to it.
In "All That Glitters", The 3 Murkrow took Ash's badges.
In "Dancing With The Ducklett Trio", The 3 Ducklett Take Ash's hat and his friends stuff.
It was good but unoriginal.

the1stpkmnfan
18th June 2011, 8:30 PM
Those three Ducklett were totally trolling. XD They're so adorable. They even played Team Rocket's role when they blast off again.

The whole episode was very amusing, good one at that. Oshawott probably took the spot again for reacting to Scald. Cute thing. <3

Scraggy trying to Headbutt Sandile was pretty funny too.

It was shocking (get it?) to me when Pikachu learned Electro Ball. A very cool move though; I loved the animation from it. I guess this means Volt Tackle is exiting stage left from Pikachu's movepool. Considering it only used Quick Attack/Thunderbolt/Iron Tail all in this episode too.

Sandile evolving wasn't a surprise (considering I found out already), but the evolution animation was amazing. :o I hope to see more from the team soon. Hope to see Krokork sometime in the future at least.

NeohopeSTF
19th June 2011, 12:10 AM
What move did Ash erase so Pikachu could do electro ball?

BurningSociety12345543210
19th June 2011, 1:01 AM
What move did Ash erase so Pikachu could do electro ball?

I think it was Splash.

Yuppirox
19th June 2011, 1:44 AM
Those Duckletts... I liked their Japanese laughter more. It sounded more silly. But other than that, the episode was well done. Sandile evolving into Krokorok was animated quite nicely, and Krokorok with sunglasses was pure win. XD

MidnightMelody
19th June 2011, 1:53 AM
They Ducklett were asses

Vipsoccermaster
19th June 2011, 6:28 AM
Fine episode. Sandile followed them to battle Pikachu, and the three Duckletts just decide to be annoying so that they steal things. A bit unoriginal, but fairly good. Pikachu learning Electro Ball was nice, as well.

_Taidow_
19th June 2011, 7:08 AM
Those Ducklett still annoy me. Oshawott was still adorable as always though.

Geekachu
19th June 2011, 1:29 PM
I really, really enjoyed this episode, even moreso than last weeks one. So in short:

•I really liked the Ducklett trio. I always prefer it when the feature Pokemon of the episode isn't sad, and it's up to Ash and co. to help it. But I found them really funny
•Obviously, Oshawott being in the episode again was great, he definitely is my favourite. I loved how cute he was when he'd get annoyed from being burned, throw his shell on the floor out of anger, and then pick it up to make sure it's okay
•Sandile! I think this episode made me really like Sandile, and I really want it to go on Ash's team already T.T But it was nice to see a personality change for it. Sandile's evolution was another great bonus
•Albeit short, the appearance of Iris' Excadrill was nice
•Pikachu learning a new move too was awesome, although I think I'll miss Volt Tackle

A few minor things I disliked:
•Iris calling Ash a kid. It's a really small point, but it's so annoying when she calls him that- she's not exactly brilliant herself with Axew and Excadrill -.-
•I did feel that Krokorok's exit was a bit swift and weak
•And the whole umbrella preventing Pikachu from using electric type attacks for a bit was a bit weird

Overall though, a really great episode, and I hope they keep the quality up :D

Orton155
19th June 2011, 2:36 PM
This was an excellent, fantastic, brilliant (I'll stop with the hyperbally now) Episode. It doesn't really matter how much I beat around the bush but for me Pikachu stole the episode but sandile and the ducklett were good too. Speaking of sandile we found out that he is a pokemon that takes his confidence from behind his sunglasses. This could introduce an interesting flavour if Ash catches him even though to me he is virtually caught anyway with these battles with Pikachu being it's training.

The ducklett were really funny. When they kept teasing the trio of Ash, Pikachu and Sandile I didn't expect them to do the water gun trick more than once. The mini battles were awesome too when the ducklett colaborated together before engaging an attack.

And now for my star. Pikachu deserved this episode to shine and he got it :D. When he shocked the ducklett the first time it reminded me of the pikachu we all love and basically turned them into crispy duck (and before I forget, these ducklett remind me of the old team rocket). When Pikachu failed at using thunderbolt I thought that Zekrom was at work again but then I realise that the umbrella/parasol would have caused pikachu to overload but why didn't he get sick when this happened because from previous experiences when pikachu overloads he must discharge before he heals. However, he does this a little differently by discharging through the new move electro ball which works well with pikachu's speed but possibly at the expense of volt tackle. I hope we don't lose this move forever because it has been a trademark for pikachu for 5 ish years so I will miss it if it is completely replaced.

Anyway, good episode, lets hope for more to come.

Battra
19th June 2011, 6:38 PM
Very fun episode, loved the 3 Stooges reference in the last scene with the Ducklett's. Well at least Sandile/Krokorok following the gang around to get a rematch against Pikachu is better than what they did with Jigglypuff & Snubbull. Also loved the little touch in making Sandile more timid with the sunglasses off, little personality touches like that really help make episodes better. Grats to Pikachu for learning a new move.

Kingdra4ever
19th June 2011, 10:10 PM
I love this episode because:
~of Oshawott's cuteness
~It was quite a humorous episode like the when the Ducks were doing a blast off and then they went like this:
Ducklett 1: Ducklett
Ducklett 2: Ducklett
Ducklett 3: Ducklett
All 3: Ducklett
But they still are anoying

Things I hated:
~ I've never seen a pokemon more annoying than Ducklett.

I'm givin' this episode 8/10

munnafn22
20th June 2011, 2:30 AM
Ok I saw the episode and I noticed that ashes face and hos friends faces were round even pikachu's face was different and it looked weird. Has anyone else noticed that?

gliscor&yanmega
20th June 2011, 6:02 PM
Ducklett voices were perfect for them in my eyes. Sounded a little weird at first but I got use to it.

Krokorok was awesome, voice, appearance, everything. Glad to hear what it's name is pronounced like in the anime, since I wasn't really sure how it would be pronounced. When I heard it's name in the anime I though of Kakarot(Goku from Dragon Ball Z), sounded similar to me.

I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Lance The Champ
20th June 2011, 7:08 PM
Fantastic that Pikachu has learned electro ball but does that mean it has forgotten volt tackle.. the most powerful electric attack?

halloweenghost
20th June 2011, 10:26 PM
So pikachu learns a new move. been sometime,..since battle frontier where he learned volt tackle.

I think it would be nice to see the ducklette trio again but I have a feeling we will not.

Cool to see Sandile evolve! lol

Marbi Z
21st June 2011, 12:54 AM
I loved the ending where the ducklet trio shouted ( ducklet! Ducklet!! DUCKLET!!! ) Liked it so much I rewound the tape 5 times just to see it!

Darkmagiciangirl
21st June 2011, 10:50 AM
Pikachu learning Electro Ball was a very nice touch, however which move did pikachu lose? Volt tackle? Or are they allowed more than four moves? -_-"
The ducklett trio was annoying in a fun way, like fired winged soldiers rebelling! ^.^

Kibagos
21st June 2011, 5:15 PM
Pikachu lost Quick Attack not Volt Tackle.

gliscor&yanmega
21st June 2011, 6:23 PM
Pikachu lost Quick Attack not Volt Tackle.

That wasn't stated in the episode, plus I'm pretty sure it used Quick Attack in the battle.

The show has never acknowledge lost of moves, they just seem to vanish and no one realizes it.

If a move has been forgotten and never to be remember again(Which I personally find ridiculous), it would be Volt Tackle.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
22nd June 2011, 4:19 PM
Very fun episode, loved the 3 Stooges reference in the last scene with the Ducklett's.

You know, if you ask me I think they were giving a shout-out to Disney here by having Ash face-off against Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

American--Pi
23rd June 2011, 5:37 AM
I had to watch this episode in low-quality online because I had an eye-doctor appointment. >:-(

But seriously, I liked Ducklett better BEFORE this episode. Did they really have to be portrayed as thieves? They're the cute kind of thieves though; and yes, I love the ending where they sing. "ducklett! Ducklett! DUCKLETT!" :D

The evolution scene is really epic; they made it look like the evolution scene in the games... without the Pokemon breaking up into little pieces. That part spooked me when I first saw it in Pokemon Black...

Overall a cute little filler, but I miss Team Rocket. At least Ducklett AND Krokorok blasted off TR-style in this episode. ;)

23rd June 2011, 7:52 PM
Fantastic that Pikachu has learned electro ball but does that mean it has forgotten volt tackle.. the most powerful electric attack?

Yes, Pikachu can't use Volt Tackle anymore, but Electro Ball can be stronger than Volt Tackle if it's used properly......

Rebeccag
27th June 2011, 4:09 PM
OMG the ducklett were nuts reminded me of the squrtle squad kinda. Glad to see Sandle though and good to see it evolve as well ^_^. Also glad to see Pikachu learn a new move as well

The Eleventh
27th June 2011, 11:29 PM
This is my favourite episode of Black and White. It was such a fun watch. There were trolling Duckletts (that laugh; their pure stupidity), Pikachu learned a new move, and Sunglasses Sandile evolved! Oshawott was hilarious. I loved when he pulled Scraggy away from Sandile. :P The background music was great, too; I particularly liked the Rival Theme from Black and White and the music that was used in the preview for Team Rocket VS Team Plasma.

FireTypeLover
27th June 2011, 11:37 PM
Yes, Pikachu can't use Volt Tackle anymore, but Electro Ball can be stronger than Volt Tackle if it's used properly......

I thought Pikachu used Volt Tackle after he learned Electro Ball...eh, I should refresh my memory of that episode.

Anyways, that is correct what you said about Electro Ball being stronger than Volt Tackle in certain cirumstances. It may be pretty hard to use it properly though.

OshyHikari
28th August 2011, 3:05 PM
I really, really enjoyed this episode, even moreso than last weeks one. So in short:

•I really liked the Ducklett trio. I always prefer it when the feature Pokemon of the episode isn't sad, and it's up to Ash and co. to help it. But I found them really funny
•Obviously, Oshawott being in the episode again was great, he definitely is my favourite. I loved how cute he was when he'd get annoyed from being burned, throw his shell on the floor out of anger, and then pick it up to make sure it's okay
•Sandile! I think this episode made me really like Sandile, and I really want it to go on Ash's team already T.T But it was nice to see a personality change for it. Sandile's evolution was another great bonus
•Albeit short, the appearance of Iris' Excadrill was nice
•Pikachu learning a new move too was awesome, although I think I'll miss Volt Tackle

A few minor things I disliked:
•Iris calling Ash a kid. It's a really small point, but it's so annoying when she calls him that- she's not exactly brilliant herself with Axew and Excadrill -.-
•I did feel that Krokorok's exit was a bit swift and weak
•And the whole umbrella preventing Pikachu from using electric type attacks for a bit was a bit weird

Overall though, a really great episode, and I hope they keep the quality up :D

I'd have to say, this is one of Oshy's best appearances so far!

Have you even noticed the new-look evolving animation?

May we remember Volt Tackle cos it make Pikachu, well... Pikachu.

Electro Ball was mainly used to showcase new moves introduced in Unova.

Aurath8
25th September 2011, 2:18 PM
Just to clear a few things up.
Pikachu did not forget Thunderbolt, Quick Attack or Iron Tail as all three moves were shown after Pika learned Electro Ball. Unless we get Pikachu having with 5 moves, Volt Tackle must've been forgotten. Let's also not forget that every time Pikachu has used Volt Tackle this season it's ended badly for him.
Anyway, as for the episode, it was great. We had a little Axew vs. Sraggy at the beginning, a recurring wild pokemon in SG Sandile(which is never been done before I think). We got a cameo from Excadrill even if it was unspectacular and short. Ducklett trio were annoying but, as Ash said, it's because of them that Pikachu learned Electro Ball which is its first new move in almost 5 years. We got an evolution from SG Sandile and a blast off(don't pretend you didn't enjoy watching something blown towards the horizon again).
On the whole this episode was great, it packed in a lot of references to other episodes no matter how small(like Cilan's fetish for his silverware), we have recurring wild pokemon,Pikachu gets a new move and we have a fresh, more dynamic animation style.

pokeguru
4th December 2011, 4:34 AM
Ugh, don't those three nephews of Donald Duck (I mean Ducklett) have better things to do than steal people's things.

BTW. Ash should have caught Sandile earlier.

Ash Ketchum!
12th April 2012, 2:08 AM
The episode is okay, I didn't like Pikachu losing Volt Tackle for Electro Ball.

wobbanut
10th July 2012, 2:21 AM
Ugh, I hate this episode. Hate it hate it hate it. One, those duckletts are highly annoying. And two, this is basically a remake of season four's "All That Glitters", which was made better by James and his bottlecaps. No such luck here.

2/10

17th November 2012, 2:04 AM
This episode was boring. At least we saw more of Sandile's personality which was great because I started to like him. That's another thing I hated about the Trubbish episode. Sandile showed up, only to be blasted away by a poison type. How embarassing.

It took Iris forever to send out Excadrill again.

Ladies and Gentlemen, HER OWN PACE

PokemontrainerY
17th August 2013, 1:57 PM
This episode was okay. Pikachu learning Electro Ball was cool, but him forgetting Volt Tackle was disappointing. Volt Tackle was a more cooler move than Electro Ball in my opinion
Those Duckletts were really annoying in this episodes, at least Pikachu sent them flying like Team Rocket .... they deserved it for stealing Ash's hat and Sandile's sunglasses.
I liked how Sandile evolved into Krokodile in this episode, but only to be blasted off after getting hit by it's own Stone Edge attack.