PDA

View Full Version : A fakedex of average proportions

bluemage14
26th February 2011, 9:03 AM
Closed For Now

Northern Lights
26th February 2011, 9:45 AM
Not bad.

The shading seems to be alright and the lineart looks clean, so to start off your doing well, but at the moment they're quite simple shapes, so I can't judge at your spriting ability all that much.

bluemage14
26th February 2011, 6:42 PM
Alright, well thank you Northern. I will attempt to use less basic shapes in my next couple sprites. I'm going to attempt to fix up this dragon eevee sprite that I made quite some time ago.

I was actually wondering, what program is best used to do animations? I really want to see if I could attempt animating some of my sprites.

Fused
26th February 2011, 7:02 PM
I was actually wondering, what program is best used to do animations? I really want to see if I could attempt animating some of my sprites.

I personally use GIMP, which is a free graphics editor. However, others have said that they use www.iaza.com, which offers free graphics editing. So really, it's your pick, but there are really many programs out there that you could animate with.

As for your sprites, the one problem that sticks out to me is the Rotom sprite. The black stripe on the Pokeball doesn't seem very spherical. It seems to be more diagnonal, which doesn't work well on a round shape.

bluemage14
26th February 2011, 10:18 PM
I personally use GIMP, which is a free graphics editor. However, others have said that they use www.iaza.com, which offers free graphics editing. So really, it's your pick, but there are really many programs out there that you could animate with.

As for your sprites, the one problem that sticks out to me is the Rotom sprite. The black stripe on the Pokeball doesn't seem very spherical. It seems to be more diagnonal, which doesn't work well on a round shape.

Thank you Fused! Hopefully I will at least learn to do something with animations!

I'll work on making the line a little less diagonal and maybe less prominent. (You see, I noticed it's rather obnoxiously large. Hehe -.-")

---

In recent news...
I have updated the Dugking sprite from

Obviously the changes are subtle, but I feel they made a world of difference! I changed the shading of the whole body (particularly the horn) and then repositioned the horn and eye! I just enjoy Dugking way to much!

As of now I'm focusing on the Rotom Sprite,and finishing a new sprite. Hopefully you all will enjoy it! : )

Asmoday
27th February 2011, 8:11 AM
Nice idea for the pokeball rotom sprite :)
And the Dugking is pretty cool especially the way its shading it really stands out and looks more like a pokemon sprite

bluemage14
28th February 2011, 8:14 PM
Nice idea for the pokeball rotom sprite :)
And the Dugking is pretty cool especially the way its shading it really stands out and looks more like a pokemon sprite

Thank you :)

Guy's the first starter is here, but I feel it's unfinished...anybody have idea's to spice it up?

It's also lacking a name. Sorry this is just a fail of a post. -.-"

munchlaxboy
28th February 2011, 8:23 PM
Dugking is flippin' awesome. You should give them all base stats, too!

For Dugking, I'd do:

HP: 90
Atk: 120
Def: 80
SpAtk: 40
SpDef: 60
Speed: 90
TOTAL: 480

EzzPeon
28th February 2011, 8:24 PM
I totally love that starter =]

I'm not sure about a name though.
Also, I like the rotom forme, but the left part of the pokéball line (not sure how to describe it) looks a bit like a stripe while it should be more rounding.

bluemage14
28th February 2011, 11:16 PM
Dugking is flippin' awesome. You should give them all base stats, too!

For Dugking, I'd do:

HP: 90
Atk: 120
Def: 80
SpAtk: 40
SpDef: 60
Speed: 90
TOTAL: 480

Well thank you sir, Dugking is absolutely one of my favorites!

Oh goodness thank you I didn't even think to so such a thing! Well I shall consider making stats for all of them, but I've never done them before so they may be a little wacky.

How did you come up with those stats anyways?

I totally love that starter =]

I'm not sure about a name though.
Also, I like the rotom forme, but the left part of the pokéball line (not sure how to describe it) looks a bit like a stripe while it should be more rounding.

Aww yay! I think it came out precious, just as cute as any starter should be!

I started thinking about names and came up with two.

Fuegoat (Fuego+Goat)
Ramby (Ram+Baby)

I like Ramby better, I really just think the name Fuegoat is hysterical! : D

Current News...

I updated the first post, and edited the Rotom sprite

Once again subtle changes but I think it helped.

I'm also currently accepting ideas for a grass and water starter. : )

4Loko
28th February 2011, 11:21 PM
Dugking :cool:

Fused
1st March 2011, 1:02 AM
Thank you :)

Guy's the first starter is here, but I feel it's unfinished...anybody have idea's to spice it up?

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/pieguy1414/FireStarterSerebii2.png

It's also lacking a name. Sorry this is just a fail of a post. -.-"

It looks fine. Fairly basic. I think you should maybe give some definition to the wool (like the shading on Mareep's wool.) Also, maybe make the tail and horns a tad big bigger, because it really isn't that the sprite lacks unique pizzazz, but it really just lacks detail. Of course, it's hard to make smaller sprites detailed because you don't want to overcrowd the sprite. But just try to add a little more detail tot he sprite, and maybe make it a little bit larger to allow these details, but not too much larger.

Well thank you sir, Dugking is absolutely one of my favorites!

Oh goodness thank you I didn't even think to so such a thing! Well I shall consider making stats for all of them, but I've never done them before so they may be a little wacky.

How did you come up with those stats anyways?

Aww yay! I think it came out precious, just as cute as any starter should be!

I started thinking about names and came up with two.

Fuegoat (Fuego+Goat)
Ramby (Ram+Baby)

I like Ramby better, I really just think the name Fuegoat is hysterical! : D

Current News...

I updated the first post, and edited the Rotom sprite
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/pieguy1414/RotomPokeballFormeSerebii-1.png to --->http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/pieguy1414/RotomPokeballFormeSerebii2.png

Once again subtle changes but I think it helped.

I'm also currently accepting ideas for a grass and water starter. : )

The right side (our left) stripe is fine. But the other stripe, to our right, still looks like it doesn't curve with the rest of the body. Look at the coloring on Voltorb and Electrode to understand how it should curve, because I don't really know how to articulate it in words.

Alliance
1st March 2011, 6:03 AM
....Male Guppi colors.... Me like :D

The starter is fire? No offense intended, but it doesn't seem firey to me. The color does, but when I think ram, which is what I assume it is based on, I think electric.
Perhaps do what Fused says. A way to pizzaz up the sprite a bit could be giving it a unique wool patterning. Or making the tail shaped like a small flame.

For a Water starter, they tend to be amphibious or usually found around water, from what I understand, what with Crocodiles and Turtles. Maybe it could be a fish of some kind.... I'm not very helpful, am I? :P

For a grass starter, for some reason a lemur, or some sort of tree climbing creature comes to mind. It could start of small, then get larger, before ending up a Grass-Ground type in it's final stage! With Rock Climb! I dunno...

Tonberry_King
1st March 2011, 4:36 PM
Dugking is wicked awesome. Great job. Also, while the Pokeball Rotom does have a little err in the stripe, I still like it more than any of Rotom's other formes. So, you're clearly doing something right.

As for the starter, I think one place that fan sprites fall short is that most people's starters are tiny and frail. If you look at the starters without their evolved forms, they could almost hold their own. They have a unique design already, while most fan sprites start off simple so that they can grow larger. I'd say make the final stage first, and then the basic stage. Then you're free to make the middle one match the transition between the two. As for the fire starter you have now, it's done well, but it's very plain and tame. You have to go wild with it, if you will. ;D Do something drastic.

bluemage14
4th March 2011, 8:55 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys! After much back and forth commentary in my head(and some hairs pulled out) I finally have finalized the Fire Starter Sprite!

Here it is, The adorable Ramby!

Hopefully the changes are more noticable, but if you fail to see them they are as follows!
-I changed the tail to a flame
-The horns have grown
-It now has two thick oval stripes on it's back. (I tried 1 and it was still rather boring, then I tried 3 and it was too many.)
-I also made the nostrils more noticeable and it's head larger, but that's not as important. :)

So thoughts?

SneaselClaw
4th March 2011, 10:06 AM
Ramby looks awesome, so much like a real sprite. The changes you've made give more options for detail on it's evolutions too

Tonberry_King
4th March 2011, 7:49 PM
That is a genuine tenfold increase. I feel there's still room for improvement, but considering that it's the only flaw I pointed out, I should note that it is of quality now. Great job.

Alliance
5th March 2011, 5:14 AM
Amazing improvement! Now Ramby really does seem like a Fire Type. And alot awesomer than the original :D
Really can't wait for the Water and Grass starters! (Maybe MY ideas can contribute :P)

Tamaku
10th March 2011, 8:07 PM
Maybe a bit of smoke coming out of the nostrils?
Looks good, especially the stripes.

EzzPeon
10th March 2011, 8:40 PM
The new starter is awesome! The tail and the stripes look great.
It definetly improved.

I'll be curious to see what evolution it will get ^_^

bluemage14
14th March 2011, 7:32 AM
I run this thread don't I?.....OH MY GOD I'M SO BEHIND!

I apologize to all of you for not responding faster. I (like many others) have been caught up in the Pokemon Black and White hype, and have had no time to create any new sprites. Luckily for you guys, I will be on spring break next week so I'll be relaxing and letting my creative juices flow. I really want to finish the Fire line, and start up my Water and Grass Starters by the end of March.

Alright now that you know the current plan, is there anything any of you would like to request me to sprite?

Grovyl
14th March 2011, 8:04 AM
The newer Ramby looks so much better! Also, all your concepts look pretty good!

I run this thread don't I?.....OH MY GOD I'M SO BEHIND!

I apologize to all of you for not responding faster. I (like many others) have been caught up in the Pokemon Black and White hype, and have had no time to create any new sprites. Luckily for you guys, I will be on spring break next week so I'll be relaxing and letting my creative juices flow. I really want to finish the Fire line, and start up my Water and Grass Starters by the end of March.

Alright now that you know the current plan, is there anything any of you would like to request me to sprite?

That's the same reason I'm getting dragged behind on my spriting xD.

Tonberry_King
14th March 2011, 2:41 PM
Requests? How about...an alternate evolution for Trapinch that stays a pure ground-type antlion?

o.o I've always wanted to see one done.

bluemage14
14th March 2011, 8:54 PM
"The newer Ramby looks so much better! Also, all your concepts look pretty good!"

That's the same reason I'm getting dragged behind on my spriting xD.

It's just so good! It might be turning into my favorite game!

Requests? How about...an alternate evolution for Trapinch that stays a pure ground-type antlion?

o.o I've always wanted to see one done.

Oh my! Thats brilliant! I'll get working on it right away! Thank you King! I can see it now...OMG ITS GONNA LOOK SO SCARY!

Tonberry_King
24th August 2011, 3:20 PM
D=

I was really excited to see it done. May I ask why you closed your shop?

Pokefreak258
28th August 2011, 11:52 PM
lol, im on my friends computer so when i get home later ill post my ''mutants'' as i like to call them.