PDA

View Full Version : My Ingame Team B4 E4

FlashFusion
2nd March 2011, 6:46 PM
I want to make one final team before I get Pokemon Black. I probably won't breed for attacks but egg moves can be suggested. I don't know which items that are good to be held so suggestions on that are needed. I don't breed for IVs or EVs. I also don't want any DW abilities. Also, please don't suggest any moves they learn over LV 54. Sorry that there are so many conditions but I don't want to waste too much time on one single Pokemon.

1. Samurott
Ability: Torrent
Nature: ? (I need some natures suggested)
Moves
Waterfall
X-Scissor
Return/Retaliate
Swords Dance

I can't decide if I should use power or accuracy. Return because its my starter. Surf/Aqua Tail is for STAB and X-Scissor is for coverage. Swords Dance is for raising the power my moves.

2. Haxorus
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Moves
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide
Bulldoze

No EQ because it is pre E4. This set basically explains itself apart from the no EQ.

3. Braviary
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Moves
Fly
Crush Claw
Rock Slide
Hone Claws

This Braviary, along with Reuniclus is going to be traded from my brother's Pokemon White. Fly is for STAB and getting around Unova. Crush Claw is also STAB and will never miss thanks to Hone Claws. Rock Slide is for type coverage.

4. Reuniclus
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
Moves
Psyshock
Reflect
Energy Ball/Flash Cannon
Light Screen
This Reuniclus is built to set up and then attack. Psyshock is for Physical Damage and STAB. Energy Ball is you can get it before the E4 or Flash Cannon if you can't since they're the same apart from type.

5. Zebstrika
Ability: Lightningrod
Nature: RashMoves
ThunderBolt
Flame Charge
Return
Thunder Wave

Zebstrika is the coolest Electric type in Gen V. This one is mixed. ThunderBolt is for STAB. Flame Charge is for coverage and speed raising. Return because its gotten early in the game. Thunder Wave is for paralysis.

6. Chandelure
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid/Modest
Moves
Shadow Ball
Burst Flame
Energy Ball
Hidden Power(Any type apart from grass, fire, poison
or ghost)

Shadow Ball and Burst Flame for STAB. Energy Ball for pesky rock types and water types. Its also my fire type.

OR

6. Simisear
Ability: Gluttony
Nature: Lonely/Mild/Hasty
Moves
Burst Flame
Brick Break
SolarBeam
Rock Slide

The Simisear is my other fire choice. It is mixed. You probably already get my choices of moves.

Anyway you'll notice my team has 1 or 2 mixed, 3 physical, and 1 or 2 special. Please rate this team and write suggestions and opinions for it.

Aurath8
2nd March 2011, 7:07 PM
1. Samurott
Nature: Adamant
Moves
Waterfall
X-Scissor
Return
Swords Dance

Waterfall can be found once you get Surf actually. It has better accuracy than Aqua Tail so use that. Since your boosting it's better to go with the more reliable X-scissor. Return beats Retaliate everywhere. You use the first turn for Swords dance anyway.

2. Haxorus
Moves
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide
Level Ground

Level Ground(akaBulldoze) is better for pre-E4.

3. Golurk
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves
Fly
Earthquake
Shadow Punch
Hammer Arm

Adamant because he doesn't need raised defence or the need to raise his awful speed. Hammer Arm is learned by Golett at lvl 50. Just a little warning there.

4. Reuniclus
Moves
Psyshock
Reflect
Shadow Ball
Light Screen

Before the E4 it cant get Calm Mind, its only offensive setup move. Because you have reflect you might as well use Light Screen for defensive support. I prefer Shadow Ball for covering the ghost weakness.

5. Zebstrika
Nature:
Moves
ThunderBolt
Flame Charge
Return
Thunder Wave

Return > Pretty much any other pphysical normal move. Flash wont make Zebstrika stay any longer. The AI can simply Hax you if you do so. Thunder Wave is the only other pre-E4 option I can find for it though. Use a Mild/Rash nature. It's always better to boost one of the offences than completly waste the nature.

6. Vanilluxe
Ability: Ice Body
Nature: Modest/Calm
Moves
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Acid Armor
Mirror Coat

Mirro Coats damage is based of the HP damage caused to you. After a Liight Screen you will cause very little damage. Again a limited movepool forces me to suggest something somewhat unsatisfactory. Acid Armor could boost defence acting as a pseudo-physical wall or something...

FlashFusion
2nd March 2011, 7:40 PM
1. Samurott
Moves
Waterfall
X-Scissor
Return
Swords Dance

Waterfall can be found once you get Surf actually. It has better accuracy than Aqua Tail so use that. Since your boosting it's better to go with the more reliable X-scissor. Return beats Retaliate everywhere. You use the first turn for Swords dance anyway.

2. Haxorus
Moves
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Rock Slide
Level Ground

Level Ground(akaBulldoze) is better for pre-E4.

3. Golurk
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves
Fly
Earthquake
Shadow Punch
Hammer Arm

Adamant because he doesn't need raised defence or the need to raise his awful speed. Hammer Arm is learned by Golett at lvl 50. Just a little warning there.

4. Reuniclus
Moves
Psyshock
Reflect
Shadow Ball
Light Screen

Before the E4 it cant get Calm Mind, its only offensive setup move. Because you have reflect you might as well use Light Screen for defensive support. I prefer Shadow Ball for covering the ghost weakness.

5. Zebstrika
Nature:
Moves
ThunderBolt
Flame Charge
Return
Thunder Wave

Return > Pretty much any other pphysical normal move. Flash wont make Zebstrika stay any longer. The AI can simply Hax you if you do so. Thunder Wave is the only other pre-E4 option I can find for it though. Use a Mild/Rash nature. It's always better to boost one of the offences than completly waste the nature.

6. Vanilluxe
Ability: Ice Body
Nature: Modest/Calm
Moves
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Acid Armor
Mirror Coat

Mirro Coats damage is based of the HP damage caused to you. After a Liight Screen you will cause very little damage. Again a limited movepool forces me to suggest something somewhat unsatisfactory. Acid Armor could boost defence acting as a pseudo-physical wall or something...

Thanks AuraWarrior.
I changed my team to what you said.

benwsf
3rd March 2011, 12:29 AM
Chandelure @WiseGlasses
Modest Nature
Flash Fire
-Calm Mind
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
3rd March 2011, 12:42 AM
As an alternative:

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
252 SpA/200 HP/58 Spe
Modest/Flash Fire
~ Flamethrower
~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball
~ Hidden Power Fighting/Hidden Power Ground/Psychic (filler, only use if you can't breed for HP as Psychic is a dead weight move on Chandelure)

FlashFusion
3rd March 2011, 6:33 AM
As an alternative:

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
252 SpA/200 HP/58 Spe
Modest/Flash Fire
~ Flamethrower
~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball
~ Hidden Power Fighting/Hidden Power Ground/Psychic (filler, only use if you can't breed for HP as Psychic is a dead weight move on Chandelure)

Thanks but you cant get flamethrower b4 the e4

FlashFusion
3rd March 2011, 6:34 AM
Chandelure @WiseGlasses
Modest Nature
Flash Fire
-Calm Mind
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

You cant get calm mind or flamethrower before the elite 4

Shine
3rd March 2011, 11:57 AM
Energy Ball is also after E4 iirc.

Chandelure in terms of moveset is pretty much a post-E4 material.