PDA

View Full Version : In dire need of help!!

warriorathlete21
4th March 2011, 1:01 AM
Hi everyone.
I am new to this board and I have played all of the games since Red and Blue version came out. And this is the first time I've really had this type of a problem. (Sorry to make an entire thread out of this but i really need help) The game comes out in a few days and I thought I had my entire team figured out but recently I've become more skeptical about my choices and now I'm back to square one and I don't know who to pick. (This happened because my friend who also plays the games is picking Oshawott and that was my first choice but now I'm gonna have to go with someone else.) I need help with my team.

I've narrowed it down to 14 choices and it could go either way depending on which starter I decide on. I need some suggestions as on who to choose and even some move lists would be very helpful as well.

Possible Choices:

Starters:
Serperior-Love its evo stages and I admire it's more defensive. However, I'm not fond of it's movepool and I'm not sure how well it would match up against the E4.
Emboar-Has grown on me some. Not a fan of its evo stages but it's final form isn't absolutely horrible. Has a good movepool and I think would help me against the E4.
Unfezent
Gigalith-Love it's 3rd stage and learns some decent moves. Not very fond of just strictly ground types, I feel they are harder to train and battle with because they have so many weaknesses.
Zebstrika
Simisear-Need a fire type if I decide to pick Serperior. Not very fond of how it looks, but it can learn some good moves.
Zoroark-Absolutely love it.
Galvantula
Elektros
Haxorus
Druddigon
Mandibuzz
Volcarona
Hydreigon

I'll take all the help I can get.
Thanks everyone!

Lucario0708
4th March 2011, 1:23 AM
you should post in the correct format

bye bye thread

randomn00b
4th March 2011, 1:34 AM
you should post in the correct format

bye bye thread

You should consider being helpful and saying something more productive than "LOL PC +1."

From what I've heard, Emboar is very nice. It gets Scald, Wild Charge, Head Smash, and a fire move of your choice. All in all it gets exceptional coverage.

Gigalith is not a ground type. I'm going to assume that you meant Rock. Gigalith is good in the beginning but dies out later when everything outruns it.

I'd say Emboar/Eelektross/Zoroark from the list you've mentioned provide the best in-game core. From there, consider adding something that can take Fighting attacks and possibly a Psychic type to synergize well with Zoroark's ability.

Utahraptor
4th March 2011, 1:36 AM
Going to the 5th Gen discussion board can help you get an idea as to what people think about certain Pokemon. Once you have a rough idea, come back here to post the team with movesets. Unless you do this, and follow the format set by the mods, the thread will be closed.

That being said, cue mod in 3...2...1...

Lucario0708
4th March 2011, 1:36 AM
i'm stating the obvious, and following the rules, and i said post in the correct format to HELP

randomn00b
4th March 2011, 1:37 AM
i'm stating the obvious, and following the rules, and i said post in the correct format to HELP

I'm aware of the rules. You can inform someone that they posted something in an incorrect format and still be of some use.

Lucario0708
4th March 2011, 1:41 AM
thats what i said

Utahraptor
4th March 2011, 1:44 AM

Yeah, but this guy just seems to be in the wrong forum, and sending him to the right place might be a little more helpful than just a "format plz" comment. Even directing them to a place where they can find the format is more helpful, since quite a few of the newbies don't know where it is.

warriorathlete21
4th March 2011, 3:58 AM
Sorry guys, had no idea.lol