PDA

View Full Version : Please Rate My Team? :D

Dr.Pikachu
5th March 2011, 4:53 AM
Before I Start I'd Like To Point Out The I Realize My Lack Of A Starter, I Don't Really Like Any Of Them, Except For Emboar But I Don't Like It's Moveset. :O

Also, I'm Sorry I'm Breaking The Rule Of Having To Play The Game Before Posting, But I Only Have To Wait 1 More Day!! :D

This Is Just My Planned Team.

Beartic
Item: NeverMeltIce
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Icicle Crash, Sheer Cold, Ice Beam, Slash

Eelektross
Item:Magnet
Ability:Levitate (No Weakness ;D)
Moves:Wild Charge, Discharge, Thunderbolt, Thrash

Darmanitan
Item:Charcoal
Ability:Zen Mode
Moves:Fire Fang, Hammer Arm, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower

Gothitelle
Item:Twisted Spoon
Ability: Frisk
Moves: Psycho Shock, Psychic, Flatter, Faint Attack

Excadrill
Item: Soft Sand
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Slash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Drill Run

Jellicent ♂
Item: Mystic Water
Ability: I Cannot Decide Between Cursed Body And Water Absorb
Moves: Shadow Ball, Brine, Hydro Pump, Bubble Beam

Thank In Advance For The Help Suggest Anything You Want, Even Pokemon Changes. I Never Really Put Much Thought Into My Teams So I Am Proud Of This Setup But Please Suggest What I Could Improve On.

Shine
5th March 2011, 5:08 AM
Darmanitan
Jolly Nature, Sheer Force ability (Zen Mode sucks, period)
~Fire Punch/Flare Blitz (if you don't mind the recoil)
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break

You don't need 3 Fire moves.
Also, Zen Mode is bad because it needs Darmanitan to be at less than 50% HP, and it needs a moveset that is divided into 2 parts, which each part being useless before/after Zen Mode activates.

Eelektross
Mild/Rash Nature
~Thunderbolt
~Flamethrower
~Dragon Claw
~Acrobatics

it must have no hold item, since it has Acro.

Aurath8
5th March 2011, 2:46 PM
Weird that you reject Emboar when it probably has the best movepool of the Gen V starters. Anyway:

Beartic
Adamant/Snow Cloak
-Icicle Crash
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Hone Claws

OHKO moves suck. By the time it actually might hit you've either run out of PP or fainted.
Icicle Crash is your one and only STAB. Rock Slide covers Fire types. Brick Break hits the Steel types that resist your other moves.
Hone Claws increases your attack and boosts Icicle Crash and Rock slide's accuracy to 100%.

Excadrill
Jolly/Sand Rush
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-scissor
-Swords Dance

Earhthquake is more powerful and accurate than Drill Run. No need for Drill Run then. X-scissor hits any Grass types that resist Earthquake as well as the many Psychics and Darks you encounter through the region. Swords Dance doubles your attack after one use, meaning pretty much anything you touch will be KOed. Use Sand Rush as you already boost attack.

Jellicent
Water Absorb/Modest
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp

Water Absorb beats Cursed Body as immunities are always much more useful.
I dont know why you always have 2-3 STABs of the same type on each pokemon, but stop doing it. Surf finds a balance between power, accuracy and PP. Ice Beam covers Grass types. Will-o-Wisp makes you an amazing wall taking little damage from both attacking stats. Toxic wears down pokemon with high defence though.

Dr.Pikachu
5th March 2011, 3:29 PM
Thanks For All The Advice Guys. I Have One Question, Whats A STAB Move?

snakebit
5th March 2011, 4:54 PM
STAB
Same
type
attack
bounes

Wildfyre
5th March 2011, 4:58 PM
STAB example:

NOT STAB: Infernape uses thunderpunch! Infernape is Fire Fighting, Thunderpunch is electric.

STAB: Infernape uses Mach Punch! Infernape Fire Fighting, Mach Punch Fighting. Since it used a move of his same type, it does more damage.

benwsf
5th March 2011, 7:22 PM
Beartic @NeverMeltIce
Hardy Nature
Snow Veil
-Stone Edge
-Brine/Blizzard/Dive
-Hone Claws
-Icicle Crash
Hone Claws boost accuracy and attack, making Stone Edge, Blizzard and Icicle Crash much better moves, and Brine or Dive covers 3/4 of Beartic's weaknesses. Some people don't like Dive, but it does more base damage than Brine does. Surf could work too.