PDA

View Full Version : Black & White Collector's strat. guide. Does it include Dreamworld codes like Japan?

Dark()Shinobi
6th March 2011, 12:50 AM
The title pretty much sums up my question. I decided for this game I was going to go back to the old ways of playing without a guide. Doing so with SS kind of took away from the mystery of finding stuff out for myself thus why I stopped using it.

But the new guide sounds so appealing! I know I can get all the info I ever really need from here at Serebii or other internet portals, but I've heard there are exclusive codes, at least in the japanese editions, that allow you to net older starter Poke's via dreamworld with special abilities.

Can anyone confirm that the english edition has this? I'm from Australia, and B&W comes out here in 4 days and I am so PUMPED!!!;366;

R_N
6th March 2011, 1:52 AM
Going to guess a rousing "No" considering there's been nothing advertising the fact

bobandbill
6th March 2011, 1:53 AM
In addition this thread might as well also serve as a guide discussion seeing one will likely occur sooner or later anyway.

Grei
6th March 2011, 2:19 AM
I suppose we'll be able to tell you by tomorrow. I'm getting the guide, as I'm sure many others are.

noodlestrudels
6th March 2011, 2:22 AM
I`m not getting the guide, it ruins the WONDERS OF DISCOVERYYYY.

*draws rainbow over head like spongebob*

kogawolfman
6th March 2011, 2:41 AM
I want the collector's edition guide, but I want to see what's inside it.
If it just has a special cover, I can live without.

Thundercat2
6th March 2011, 2:44 AM
I'm not getting it. I was EXTREAMLY dissappointed with the SS/HG guide. They spilt it into 2 volumes when they should have kept in 1. The day care is in Johto, so why isn't there a breeding guide in vol 1? What the.....?

.Mac
6th March 2011, 2:50 AM
Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular edition and the collectors edition? Is the Collector edition really worth the extra $10?

pokedon
6th March 2011, 3:52 AM
I'm not getting it. I was EXTREAMLY dissappointed with the SS/HG guide. They spilt it into 2 volumes when they should have kept in 1. The day care is in Johto, so why isn't there a breeding guide in vol 1? What the.....?

wasn't the diamond/pearl guide the same way?

Adeku
6th March 2011, 3:54 AM
I suppose we'll be able to tell you by tomorrow. I'm getting the guide, as I'm sure many others are.

I'm getting the collectors guide as well. I doubt they will have DW codes tbh, but I could be wrong.

Cobalt_Latios
6th March 2011, 4:46 AM
wasn't the diamond/pearl guide the same way?
It was. Platinum, on the other hand....

I intend to buy this tomorrow from amazon, then, in April, I'll pick up the Unova pokedex guide. That should cover me well enough.

/CL

captainpost
6th March 2011, 4:55 AM
Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular edition and the collectors edition? Is the Collector edition really worth the extra $10?

The collecters Edition is hard cover with special removable lenticular cover art along with the walkthrough and the Unova pokedex.

The regular only comes with the walkthrough. yes that means the regular doesn't come with a pokedex. at least from what all the descriptions say.

and the pokedex for all 649 pokemon will be out in mid april. so they are sort of doing 2 guides again.

1: regular without unova pokedex/collectors with unova pokedex at release.
2: pokedex guide a month later.

so go with the collectors if you can.

MasterKenobi
6th March 2011, 5:20 AM
The collector's edition is only really worth it because it's one of the only Hardcover editions of a Pokemon guide.

They are going to be coming out with a Second guide for the National Dex and post-game playthrough which is also worth a whole lot more than the first one. They've been doing two guides since Diamond and Pearl, and it's not about to stop. I find the that the first one isn't even worth the price they make you pay once Volume two comes out and it's four times as big for the same price.

Tyrannotaur
6th March 2011, 6:09 AM
I get guides for art, Collecting purposes and for when I'm too lazy to go online.
They have their worth, though the internet outclasses them in a lot of ways.

-;248;

Stardust .
6th March 2011, 9:27 AM
There's 3 different books coming out, so I'm wondering, is it worth getting them all? The Guide 1&2 and the Collectors edition?

myriada
6th March 2011, 4:05 PM
Would've liked to get the collector's edition, but of course Europe doesn't get it, so I got the ordinary European guide instead.

travisjb90
6th March 2011, 4:16 PM
I got the Collectors Edition guide. It is really cool! So much useful info!

The Eleventh
6th March 2011, 5:39 PM
Amazon's dispatched Volume 1 of the guide, so it should come on Wednesday. I wanted to purchase the Collector's Edition, but Amazon.co.uk didn't have it available for pre-order.

aclover
6th March 2011, 8:15 PM
i got my guide on release on friday. not any codes from ehat i read,,, :(

Sakrey
6th March 2011, 8:55 PM
If I recall right, the code for the Hoenn starters were in the guide book which provided info after beating the Elite Four, meaning the one with post-game info. And that would be the Volume 2.
So mayhaps we can hope that they will include the code for the american/european/australian release of the volume 2 ?

Edit: Oh well. Too bad then.

BCVM22
6th March 2011, 8:59 PM
So mayhaps we can hope that they will include the code for the american/european/australian release of the volume 2 ?

They've already solicited that volume of the guide with no mention of anything of the sort.

DoubleJG3288
6th March 2011, 11:38 PM
The collector's guide looked mighty tempting, but I couldn't justify a $30 purchase for a mere guide. I love getting my guides, but I will more than likely be waiting until the dex guide launches in April.

myriada
6th March 2011, 11:41 PM
If I recall right, the code for the Hoenn starters were in the guide book which provided info after beating the Elite Four, meaning the one with post-game info. And that would be the Volume 2.

Edit: Oh well. Too bad then.Nope. They were in the guide that relates to Volume 1, Volume 1 even says it's adapted from the Pokémon Black and Pokémon White Official Complete Adventure Clear Guide.

Nibbles4Ever
6th March 2011, 11:43 PM
I bought it on amazon for 16.99 =D No shipping because I also got a black and white ds case for 9.99 ^^

DoubleJG3288
6th March 2011, 11:48 PM
I found this description on barnesandnoble's website: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Pokemon-Black-Version-Pokemon-White-Version-Volume-2/Pokemon-Company-International/e/9780307890634/?itm=1&USRI=pokemon

It says that the 2nd guide will only have a Unova dex. Can anyone confirm if the collector's edition only has the Unova pokemon dex or if it has all 600+ pokemon?

Nibbles4Ever
6th March 2011, 11:54 PM
I found this description on barnesandnoble's website: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Pokemon-Black-Version-Pokemon-White-Version-Volume-2/Pokemon-Company-International/e/9780307890634/?itm=1&USRI=pokemon

It says that the 2nd guide will only have a Unova dex. Can anyone confirm if the collector's edition only has the Unova pokemon dex or if it has all 600+ pokemon?

I'm pretty sure the one coming out in april will have the full pokedex.

Darkmaster Rannon
6th March 2011, 11:58 PM
Can anyone confirm if the collector's edition only has the Unova pokemon dex or if it has all 600+ pokemon?

Having the Collectors edition in front of me, looks like it's only the Unova dex.

PsyduckTM
7th March 2011, 12:00 AM

I just picked up the collectors ed. It is the same as the regular guide except for the hardcover/art and it only has the Unova pokedex. ....I hate the 2 guide trend they started :(

MasterKenobi
7th March 2011, 12:01 AM

The usual way that Prima does the Pokemon game guides -

Guide 1: Introduction, Main-game Walkthrough, Local Pokedex, Side-game features (ie Contests), Wireless connection (WiFi), New Battle moves info, Contest moves information, In-game items etc.

Guide 2: In-depth National Pokedex with ALL Pokemon, Post-game guide, Guide to completing Pokedex, Capture Guide, Item/Move/Contest Lists.

For the Diamond and Pearl guides compare 300 pages for Guide 1 against 500 pages for Guide 2.

Definitely worth it for the second guide, not so much the first.

The "Collectors Edition" is just going to be a hardback of the first guide. A first of it's kind...

BCVM22
7th March 2011, 12:07 AM
I hate the 2 guide trend they started :(

Is it really that bad?

Think of it this way: HG/SS was two regions and thus two quests, with a national Pokédex some 493 Pokémon large. Black and White are only one region, but that national Pokédex is now up to 649. Even if they were only going to release one guide, it would still be double-sized and they would charge more for it than either of the current single volumes costs; that's basic publishing economics, where page count has a considerable hand in dictating retail cost as set by the publisher.

Yes, it's a little annoying to have to buy two guides at $15-$20 each a few months apart, but it's either that or buying a huge single guide that could easily cost as much as the game itself does. At least this way you do, theoretically, have a choice to only buy one guide and decide to use an Internet resource or just wing it on the material for which you didn't buy the guide.

Thundercat2
7th March 2011, 6:34 PM
I've changed my mind. I bought the Collector's Edition. Practically got it for FREE with the 20$ credit that Amazon gave me. I bought both of the games and got the 10$ credit for each of them.

Amazon's description says the Collector's Edition has a full walk through. We'll see I'll post later when I get my book.

Alfani
7th March 2011, 6:40 PM
The Collectors Guide is Volumes 1&2 all in one book. No need to buy two when you can have it all in one with an awesome poster. >>

undrhil
7th March 2011, 7:18 PM
The Collector's Guide doesn't include the full 600+ Pokedex. It is only the Unova Pokedex.

I am hoping that they put out a hardcover Collector's Edition of Volume 2, as well, so I can have a matching set. :)

DoubleJG3288
8th March 2011, 12:28 AM
The guide collector in me just couldn't say no. Especially because I got it for $18 ;366;

PsyduckTM
9th March 2011, 5:43 AM
I love Pokemon:025ball:

Kreis
9th March 2011, 5:47 AM
I love Pokemon:025ball:

I never would've guessed.

Lorde
9th March 2011, 4:34 PM
I've already decided on buying both volumes of the Collector's Guide. I know how to get through both games quite easily, but I've always liked to have a guide on hand, just in case. I also like having the Ken Sugimori artwork in front of me for when I'm drawing Pokemon, so the guides are essential items. Also, I just like collecting guides, so I couldn't refuse.

Nibbles4Ever
10th March 2011, 7:18 PM
I bought it on amazon on sunday but it still hasn't shipped yet DX

mvaporeon
20th March 2011, 1:18 PM

Has pokedex in collectors

superkal388
20th March 2011, 11:21 PM
well considering volume 1 already has the post game walkthrough, i doubt itll be in volume 2, on top of that, volume 2 is only advertised as having the unova dex, but surely there must be more to it than that...

CanyonVR
21st March 2011, 8:19 PM
well considering volume 1 already has the post game walkthrough, i doubt itll be in volume 2, on top of that, volume 2 is only advertised as having the unova dex, but surely there must be more to it than that...

I don't think Vol. 1 or the Collector's Ed. have a POST game walk through.

BCVM22
21st March 2011, 11:37 PM
Volume 1 has a full walkthrough and maps of the post-Elite Four routes, towns and dungeons, a full profile of the Elite Four rebattle, full profiles of the elite trainers you'll gain access to, and most if not all of the other material that becomes available to you once you complete the story.

KingOmega
3rd June 2011, 12:52 PM
there are DW codes in the stradegy pokedex

Grei
3rd June 2011, 4:49 PM
there are DW codes in the stradegy pokedex

Are there really?