PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Chimchar15
9th March 2011, 12:09 PM
OK so I decided to make a poll on who people think was the hardest Unova gym leader and why. For me it was Clay. Krokorok and Palpitoad were easy wins but Excadrill destroyed me twice before I managed to beat Clay. Anyone else had a gym leader who was a pain?

D-World
9th March 2011, 12:28 PM
Lenora's watchog destroyed my team at least eight times before i won (critical his overgrow leaf tornado ftw)

Rockstar95
9th March 2011, 12:29 PM
obviously lenora

Discharge
9th March 2011, 12:31 PM
Solo'ed Lenora with my Dewott. Was pretty easy imo. Used a xdef or two at the beginning and started building up fury cutters.

First gym on the other hand... Took at least five tries.

Oathkeeper X Oblivion
9th March 2011, 12:47 PM
So far I have one shotted every gym, but I see Iris being hardest because of dragon types >.<

Ultimate Glalie
9th March 2011, 12:49 PM
I would say that Cilan/Chili/Cress were the hardest Leaders to beat, mostly because I didn't want to use the gift monkey for the battle. I suppose it would have been quite easy if I had used it, though. Anyway, my vote still goes to them.

Charazemma
9th March 2011, 12:53 PM
lenora (i still want to call her aloe) only one that took more than 1 go. Bug guy was easiest.

cjo
9th March 2011, 12:58 PM
I've only challenged 3 gyms, but the hardest was probably Cilan, he took out 2 of my guys but the monkey saved me.

I don't know why people are saying Lenora was the hardest, I beat her in one go. But maybe it's because I caught a Sawk before trying :)

M0TTO
9th March 2011, 1:40 PM
Clay was the hardest for me. I had to reset, because once Excadrill came out, it kept getting crits on everything I had for some reason. I also had no potions. Every other gym leader was fairly easy for me.

Rakurai
9th March 2011, 1:43 PM
Lenora was a pain on my first playthrough of B/W, due to a mix of my Pokemon being somewhat underleveled, as well the AI being smart enough to keep using Retaliate for STAB.

Flinchtastic!
9th March 2011, 2:00 PM
Elesa gave me a good bit of trouble. That is until my cute little Crustle (named Debbie) learned rock throw ;)

SneaselClaw
9th March 2011, 2:09 PM
Elesa gave me the most trouble out of my 5 gym battles so far. Boldore handled the Emolga twins pretty well, but I had nothing that could deal massive damage to Zebstrika. Leavanny would have done well if it weren't for Flame Charge.... doh!

elorasheppard
9th March 2011, 2:13 PM
I wouldnt say any were easy (except Burgh but his Leavanny was annoying) perhaps because I didnt grind any gyms beforehand like I usually do.

But Iris was the hardest. Just because all my types were not very effective against her. Ended up using my Zeburaikas stomp over and over again til I won.

Icing Sugar
9th March 2011, 2:15 PM
Lenora was the hardest for me. If I hadn't Throh she'd destroyed me xD

eatingleg4peanut
9th March 2011, 2:27 PM
I just beat gym 7 last night so I cant speak for the 8th gym.

Elesa was by far the hardest and to be honest the only gym that was a challenge(I had no type advantage or super effective moves). Had to use alot of super potions, but had no paralyze heal so that was annoying.

CommanderCarr
9th March 2011, 2:29 PM
Chili was a pain in the butt. everytime his hp would get low he would "pickup" an oran berry and be perfectly fine it really pissed me off cuz i couldnt get any training done cuz for some reason the audino thing wasnt working =/

The Opulucid City gym was a pain in my *** too. the gym leader wasnt that bad but all those damn trainers GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! lol

Juunanagou
9th March 2011, 3:01 PM
Elesa was the hardest for me did every other gym in 1 try. But Elesa took me about 4 resets before I won.

Assassin
9th March 2011, 3:08 PM
I can't honestly say I remember any of them giving me too much trouble. Probably Iris, just because I was a smidge underleveled at the time.

RiseOfZekrom
9th March 2011, 4:29 PM
Skyla was the only one I actually lost to.

Zephyrr
9th March 2011, 4:47 PM
after clearing all 8 across 4 saves, and using all three starters. the only gym leader i found consistently hard was elesa, electric to sort out oshawatt, and flying for snivy/tepig. as well as flame charge on the zebra.
the first gym is made trivial by the gift monkey
the second by the lvl 17+ throh/sawk in the nearby grass
the third can be a pain for water/grass starter. but bad movepools and low stats on his pokemon make him ok
fourth is a pain, as stated
fifth is fairly 'meh' never fought him and come out thinking he was exceptionally hard, or easy
sixth was a pain with snivy, but trivial with tepig (and rollout), or slash with oshawott
seventh was a pain with snivy (again) but fairly 'meh' with osha, trivial with tepig
i always had a haxorus in my team by the time i got to the eigth gym, so was very trivial too.

the only recurring theme was how snivy has not one gym where he is super effective against all pokemon (he's weak to 5 or 6 out of 8)
while tepig is strong vs 5 or 6 with the right moveset.

this surprised me, as they normally give the grass starter the type advantage to make up for the less then impressive movepool and stats

gliscor&yanmega
9th March 2011, 5:00 PM
I've only done 5 gyms so far.

Cilan-Was rather easy for me.
Lenora-Easy one again.
Burgh-Easy.
Elesa-Easy.
Clay-Easy.

But for the most part my Pokemon were much higher leveled them theirs.

EDIT: So I don't really know who was the hardest so far, I guess maybe Burgh.

AmpharosFanatic
9th March 2011, 5:04 PM
Elesa's the Electric gym right? She was REALLY tough. I was using my Pignite's fighting moves in that gym, but her blasted flying electric type destroyed me, so I got in a slug match with her using my Zebstrika. The battle took FOREVER!!!!

MagnetonNr1
9th March 2011, 5:11 PM
For me it was Elesa. She kept annoying me with that Electric-Switch-Out-Attack and she always paralyzed me.

gliscor&yanmega
9th March 2011, 5:13 PM
Krokorok was very helpful against Elesa, being immune to Electric attacks made her pretty much useless. Krokorok basically took out each Pokemon with one or two hits. I've seen Lenora and Elesa being mentioned by people to be really tough, too bad for those two they didn't get a chance to show their battling style against me.

Lorde
9th March 2011, 5:31 PM
I went with Lenora. Her Herdier is pretty difficult to take down and then she has that Watchog with all sorts of tough moves. I forget exactly how I ended up defeating her in the Japanese games, but I recall losing several Pokemon to her Watchog. Lenora is like Generation 5's Whitney :x

Weaver_8
9th March 2011, 5:38 PM
My hardest battle was the first one, I did defeat Cress in my first battle with him but he took out almost all my Pokemon. Not wanting to win like that I reset the game and went training like crazy. Lenora I suppose places second as hardest due in part of her actually knocking out my Musharna Cait-Sith ;_;

The one that gave me some worry was Elesa. She kept paralyzing all my Pokemon but we pulled through without a hitch. :) Same can be said for Brycen, he worried me but we were able to pull through. Not sure about the last gym leader Iris though, haven't gotten to her yet. Well here's hoping it will go well.

EzzPeon
9th March 2011, 5:42 PM
I'm battling Clay now, it's going okay. Not as easy as the others though.

The only gym I had to reset for was Elesa. Just because I did not have my Exadrill then.

Overkill™
9th March 2011, 5:44 PM
Atm beatd all gym leaders in 1 go, only the 8th to go. Clay was the only one who almost defeated me.

UStrainer40137
9th March 2011, 5:46 PM
My goodness Elesa was annoying in my JP white. Even with a set of crown beasts and the movie Celebi, she was still a pain. In my US copy, I didn't take any chances, (Disobedient Lv100 Reshiram FTW!).

If anyone asks, I rushed my US copy straight to Kyurem (took 10hrs 52mins), as we all know I'm trying to SR for a shiny one and I want to get it done ASAPP.
ASAPP = As soon as physically possible

Pyrax
9th March 2011, 5:54 PM
For me, it was Elesa and her two Emolgas. >>
Even with a Krokorok, it still took me 3 tries to beat her.

Satski
9th March 2011, 5:59 PM
Lenora took forever for me to finally beat! Herdier was cake, but her Watchdog throttled me time and time again. I think I finally beat her on my fifth try. Elesa took three tries , so she was the second hardest for me. All the others were cake!

NANA26
9th March 2011, 6:00 PM
i only had a problem with dento, but the other gyms were easy

i went through the first two gyms with the water starter, then i got darmantion(baby) and used him on the 3rd gym, no one of the bugs stood a chance. all the gyms have been easy because of him. I'm on skyla gym now, and I know I will have no problem with the 8th gym since it's ice. I also picked me up a litwick and im leveling it up. I will also pick up a pokemon off of victory road. i work better with only 4 pokemons.

Chimchar15
9th March 2011, 6:01 PM
Yes I can't lie Elesa was annoying but luckily my Dwebble knew Stealth Rock.

Azalraku
9th March 2011, 6:15 PM
Lenora, hands down. First, I love that she's a normal user. not many players or gym leaders go with that type. The AI played like a champ versus my team. I retired twice before accepting my placement. I won in the end, but I'd lost 4 guys each time through. Can you really say you won when the leader takes on a team of 6 with just 2? That's just impressive.

Especially considering how the game holds your hand through the first gym, with just giving you a free poke to trump your starter's weaknesses. Seriously, not even a haphazard trade for a low-level patrat or something? geez. Of course, I do like how in doing that, the game makes players focus more on all the types, rather than leveling up 2-3 ubers through story mode.

I'm not the kind of guy that sits outside town spending 5 hours power leveling my starter, and I despise using things like dire hit or X defend so early in the game, (though i love that my lilipup is picking up full heals every 5 minutes). No, I'm the kind of guy who is kleptomaniacal enough to grab every friggin poke i come across, level them up to current par, and get them all ready for my hardcore breeding sessions.

xsedr
9th March 2011, 6:35 PM
Elesa.
The Set Up: It's an electric gym, but don't worry we'll give you the tm for dig and a good ground type before hand, it's just too bad her first two pokemon are immune to ground moves.
Static, constant switching and her overpowered Zebra made it annoying if you weren't overleveled.

M0TTO
9th March 2011, 7:20 PM
I'm surprised at how many people had trouble with Elesa. I swept her with my Zebstrika. Motor Drive prevents her Volt Switch spam and gives Zebstrika speed, and Electric does neutral damage to her Emolga. Then, I Flame Charged her Zebstrika, giving me the win.

abraxas
9th March 2011, 7:27 PM
Man, Lenora gave me a run for my money with her evil Watchog. It refused to take a hit, it kept me asleep, it stole the souls of my Pokemon. It was rough. =(

Dasdardly
9th March 2011, 7:42 PM
Elesa was pretty easy for me; used Sandile with Rock Tomb then dug her zebra; three shots, three kills. Wasn't even overleveled. Lenora beat me once. I just wasn't ready. *shakes head*

Nebbio
9th March 2011, 7:48 PM
I like Clay because his town has awesome music.:)

The Eleventh
9th March 2011, 8:19 PM
The hardest for me has been Cilan, but Elesa was an absolutely pain with Volt Switch. I've yet to challenge the last four Gym Leaders. Lenora wasn't too difficult for me (the same can't be said for my brother), and Burgh was pretty simple.

paddylad
9th March 2011, 8:56 PM
I found Lenora the most difficult. STAB Takedown? OUCH.

I had a Timburr and I still had difficulty.

Clay was a bit underwhelming. The flying gym was a let down (seriously, not a good type for a gym).

Iris would have been beastly had it not been for my Fraxure dragon dancing her to oblivion. I reckon I would have had to have trained Cryogenal or Beartic to take her down otherwise.

gurrfydipz
9th March 2011, 9:03 PM
Elesa, but that's because I just wanted to defeat her with my Dewott :P
Lenora's definitely second.

Raikaria
9th March 2011, 9:09 PM
1s Gym: Use your monkey
2nd Gym: Use the Fighting-types
3rd Gym: Use a Tranquil
4th Gym: NOTHING at this point in the game can handle her - Easily the hardest
5th Gym: Use Lilligant. Destroys this gym. Maractus can do so too.
6th Gym: You know chargestone Cave? Everything there takes this Gym like a cake.
7th Gym: LOL, why is every eldery male who houses an Ice-typed 7th Gym easy?
8th Gym: Klang or Ecaviler work wonders, as does your own Haxouros. Iris/Drayden AI fail anyway... too many DDs, not to mention their movesets.

smartie
9th March 2011, 9:15 PM
For me Elesa was the hardest, but that was mainly because I had to do all of it with Medusa, my Snivy. Tranquill and Panpour just got auto-killed by her electric moves and timburr got killed, not sure why.

Palkia98
9th March 2011, 9:17 PM
Elesa, took me at least 20 tries until i could win

superyellowduck
9th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Cilan was easy - Pansear on lv 15 really helped.
Lenora was challenging - if I didn't have Throh and Timburr, I would of had to reset about 4 times...
Burgh was easy as I had Victini :)
Elesa was difficult.
Clay was easy - Levanny, Dewott, Deerling and Vanillite were extremely capable.
Skyla was mediocre.
Brycen was easy with the pokemon I had.
Iris was alright - Blizzard helped loads.

Gameboy69
9th March 2011, 10:38 PM
I can honestly say I never lost a single Gym Leader battle in Pokemon Black. I found them all surprisingly easy.

Rinne
9th March 2011, 10:42 PM
Burgh. My team was Dewott, Herdier, Petilil and Sandile at the time, which meant that three of my four Pokemon were weak against Leavanny, who always seemed to get a critical hit with Razor Leaf. It was a bit easier when I started with Dewott against Whirlipede instead of Sandile, but still. Never have Bug-types been so annoying. D:<

Something~Kinda~Ooooh
9th March 2011, 10:52 PM
Elesa was really hard. My Pokemon had nothing that was effective against her Emolga's which is what made all the difference. I could have done with Rock Slide or something.

Araleon
9th March 2011, 11:00 PM
Cilan was hard! I lost to him the first time I challenged him. He got in a few Work Ups, and right as Timon (my Patrat) was going to defeat it, Cilan healed it.

I knew I was screwed.

So, I lost to Work Up-Vine Whips.

The second time, I stalled Pansage with Nala (my Oshawott, now a Dewott) and he never got to use Work Up. He used Vine Whip until she fainted, and by that time he was on yellow HP, so when Timon came out it was easy.

That's the only gym I've challenged so far...

Foreseeable trouble causing Gyms:

-Elesa: I was thinking about my team, and what it's gonna be around her Gym... I think it'll be Dewott, Watchog, and Rufflet... Oy vey. The only other Pokemon I can conceive of having is maybe Vannilite... So, yeah, I think Elesa's gonna be the hardest battle. Maybe I'll teach Timon Dig...

Other than that, my team should be able to handle the other Gyms. I'm thinking Lenora will be fun, not too hard. I'll have a Vanilluxe and Druddigon for Iris. So, yeah. I think Cilan and Elesa will wind up being my two picks when I vote.

Tamaku
9th March 2011, 11:04 PM
Well, when I played the japanese version, i had my pokemon at like, level 30 for the first gym.
I had no idea about Panpour. XD

But now, in teh english version, 2nd gym.
She destroyed me several times DX
Then I got a Timburr and named it Chuck.
You know what it's named after.
Pft.

~Tamaku~

Aesir
9th March 2011, 11:33 PM
The only Gym Leader I had any real issue with was Cress, since I wasn't able to level up very well before that gym

bones090
9th March 2011, 11:36 PM
Most simply Cress, although Lenora was quite hard too :/

Kylesico912
9th March 2011, 11:37 PM
Elesa.
First battle she destroyed my entire team with volt-switch and acrobatics.
second battle is the same but nearly one because of a bad move.
third battle so close. same result
forth finally one with luck.
Lenora took me 3 times compaired to her one but at that time I only had a Purrloin, Dewott and Pidove.

Charizard86
10th March 2011, 12:05 AM
I really didn't gind any of the gym leaders themselves hard at all. I felt this time round the game was balanced enough to make each leader just as easy as the last, with the right kind of pokemone by your side.

I guess in that case it comes down to gyms, with would make Elesa 's the hardest due to my team not being the greastest against Electrics at that point, especially against a certain flying squirrel. Also having to defeat EVERY trainer in Drayden's without a chance to heal nearly took me out, with just 17 HP on my final pokemone before I was able to heal for the final battle.

Icing Sugar
10th March 2011, 12:06 AM
4th Gym: NOTHING at this point in the game can handle her - Easily the hardest

-Elesa: I was thinking about my team, and what it's gonna be around her Gym... I think it'll be Dewott, Watchog, and Rufflet... Oy vey. The only other Pokemon I can conceive of having is maybe Vannilite... So, yeah, I think Elesa's gonna be the hardest battle. Maybe I'll teach Timon Dig...
You can beat her pretty easily with a ground type with rock type moves, like sandile's evo or excadrill. Anyway I ended up beating her with darumakka instead of krokorok xD

blackness777
10th March 2011, 12:16 AM
Well, I guess I was smart to catch a Vanillite at Cold Storage and a Litwick at the Tower, because my Vanillish DEMOLISHED Skyla and the Drayden in one try each. Litwick also killed Brycen's pokemon with pretty much one fire move.

Other than that, Lenora gave me the most trouble because I had no fighting type pokemon/moves, and I think I tried 7 times before I looked in my Strategy Guide to get the TM from the battle girl.

P.S. Don't use Munna when fighting a Patrat/Watchog. Ever.
P.S.S. Lucky Eggs are the best invention ever imo.

BlackMagic
10th March 2011, 12:45 AM
I haven't gotten to Nimbasa City yet, but is Elisa seriously that hard?

Lenora was the hardest so far, even though she wasn't THAT hard to beat. She was just a pain in the butt. Her Herdier took out Blitzle and Pansage in one hit each, leaving my Pignite to demolish her, wiiith the help of a few Super Potions.

M0TTO
10th March 2011, 12:57 AM
I haven't gotten to Nimbasa City yet, but is Elisa seriously that hard?

From what I can see, she's difficult to beat if you have nothing to stop Emolga from Volt Switching. You shouldn't have a problem if your Blitzle has Motor Drive, just make sure you have something to handle her Zebstrika. My Blitzle is definitely is the reason why that gym was so simple for me.

RICH
10th March 2011, 1:01 AM
i think elesa was the worst because ground moves couldnt hit 2/3 of her team and i didnt have a rock type

MadHatter_93
10th March 2011, 1:13 AM
I'm yet to lose a single battle on this game. Most of the gyms I've found relatively easy. I just battle every trainer possible and train on Audino's every now and again. As a result I've been the same level or higher than the Gym leaders every time, so naturally a super-effective pokemon of the same level (I usually have two or even three with super-effective moves) can take them out with ease.

However Clay was my toughest. His last pokemon's Bulldoze OHKO'd three of my pokemon after my first got it down to the red. Finished it off eventually though. I was quite excited when I got the TM but it only has 60 power. :( His pokemon must've had a great Attack rating.

KickAsh
10th March 2011, 1:26 AM
Lenora was hardest for me. Her Herdier used Take Down and OHKO'd all three members of my team a dozen times. Once Snivy evolved into Servine, though, I got lucky with two critical hit Leaf Tornadoes and took down Herdier. After that, Watchog was easy.

noobers
10th March 2011, 1:59 AM
Lenora was the one I had the most trouble with, and I took up a Throh just to beat the gym. My Pansear was useless against her.

Paradoxe
10th March 2011, 2:07 AM
Lenora, her Herdier KO'd all 6 of team with Take Down T_T.
But then I took a Sawk and it plowed through both of her pokemon. S'all good.

FatalOmega
10th March 2011, 2:09 AM
The only Gym I had trouble on was the first(starter snivy). I found the other 7 and elite four to be really easy.

red2000
10th March 2011, 2:12 AM
Lenora caught me off guard with Watchog's retaliate but My Dewott eventually took it down, everybody else was pretty easy, Elesa's twin Emongas where annoying and Iris's Haxorus was kind of a challenge

fixthe_fernback
10th March 2011, 2:14 AM
Lenora beat me once before I won. I beat everyone else on the first try.

ohazombie
10th March 2011, 2:20 AM
lenora destroyed my team the first time i battled her, but then i leveled all my pokemon up to level 20. i was at least a couple of levels ahead of every gym leader after that. i just beat drayden mainly with my stoutland and then finished up haxorus with my liepard. definitely the easiest gym battle for me.

Esteban252
10th March 2011, 2:21 AM
Had to be Lenora or Elesa

aeroi
10th March 2011, 2:24 AM
I guess I got lucky with Lenora x) Her Lillipup/Herdier kept using Work up so I would set up with my Servine and eventually ohko'd her Lillipup/Herderier and Wathog xD

Hardest for me was Burrgh. Servine was weak against this gym, Panpou was underleveled, and Blitzle with Flame Charge was the only thing I could rely on :( Next gym for me is an Ice one, and half my team's weak against that sooo...

IatosHaunted
10th March 2011, 2:43 AM
It's a tough call between Elesa and Clay, but I have to go with Clay. I have two Pokemon in my team that should make the battle easier, but his Excadrill's speed combined with Excavate is causing huge problems.

I'm surprised so many people had trouble with Lenora. She was one of the harder ones, but wasn't a big problem for me.

ViperQueen
10th March 2011, 2:45 AM
For me I would say Lenora,
Even though my pokemons were a higher level (by 2), they were almost all defeated instantly by Retaliate
-but I won with a quick attack

Draknir
10th March 2011, 2:46 AM
Lenora by far. Watchog+Retaliate=Deadly for that point. I actually lost to her twice back in September when I got White. I managed to beat her though, and on the first try for all three of my Black files(2 Japanese, 1 English). It, for lack of better wording, raped my Charmeleon in my English White, but luckily I'd done enough damage where Servine was able to beat it.

Dunsparce4prez
10th March 2011, 2:50 AM
I just beat Clay and honestly I haven't had any trouble from any of them. I'm not looking forward to the dragons though, or the Elite Four psychic user. My only psychic coverage is bug. I need to ditch either gurdurr or pignite, two fighters isn't necessary atm.

Arcamenel
10th March 2011, 2:53 AM
Elesa was the hardest for me. I had to heal my pokemon about 5 times

G50
10th March 2011, 2:58 AM
The only hard Gym Battle for me was the final gym battle. With Emboar's Arm Thrust attack, I was able to win it on the 1st try, but it did take many Max Potions and 2 Revives to keep going.

lucario beast
10th March 2011, 3:10 AM
for me elesa i lost 2

zoomie89b
10th March 2011, 3:40 AM
Elesa was a pain I lost the first time i fought her due to not stocking up on paralysis heals.

Duffle Bag Boy
10th March 2011, 3:56 AM
Iris was the most difficult for me, didn't have any counters to the dragons. Everything else was pretty simple.

Tokeynono
10th March 2011, 4:02 AM
Lenora is shaping up to be that one boss (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThatOneBoss) (I need to stop quoting from tvtropes). Her Patrat needed to GTFO with its retaliate and hypnosis. Seriously, I didn't think I'd have that much trouble with it, and then BAM! my pokemons' bodies are sprawled across the battlefield.

I'm on the fifth badge, so I can't account for much else.

BeanerMan
10th March 2011, 4:16 AM
As everyone else is saying, Lenora had to be the hardest one of all. Thats the only gym I lost to.

Aquarelle
10th March 2011, 4:44 AM
For me, Cilan/Chili/Cress were the hardest. It's the monkey that always gives me trouble, because usually my starter is my only strong Pokemon. I do use the monkey I got from the dreamyard place, but it's low-levelled and I don't have the patience to train it that much. Plus, that Work Up attack becomes deadly over time, even when I'm using a Pokemon that resists their STAB attacks.

#TWERKTEAM
10th March 2011, 4:47 AM
Elesa simply because of Static hax from her flying squirrels.

Cobalt_Latios
10th March 2011, 5:17 AM
Lenora is shaping up to be that one boss (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThatOneBoss) (I need to stop quoting from tvtropes). Her Patrat needed to GTFO with its retaliate and hypnosis. Seriously, I didn't think I'd have that much trouble with it, and then BAM! my pokemons' bodies are sprawled across the battlefield.

I'm on the fifth badge, so I can't account for much else.
Try training against the damned things once you get to route 7. No retaliate, but Super Fang, Confuse Ray, and Hypnosis make for one hell of a troller.

I haven't beaten everyone yet, but so far... it's actually a tie between Burgh and Elesa, of all people.

Got lucky with Lenora when I used a Roggenrola against her, so I literally got hax on her! Burgh's Leavanny p!ssed me off to no end. Considering the only 2 Pokemon I could use against had Special Attack as their main attack stat, and that one attack that it uses lowers that stat. Yeah, wasn't very happy. Also, having a team consisting of mainly either Dark/Grass/Psychic was not a smart move on my part (to be fair, I probably should have evolved Roggenrola to Boldore, but Leavanny and the hax critical from Razor Leaf is just not something I enjoyed).

Elesa, she wasn't as bad, thanks in part of having Sandile, but I've learned to really hate Zebstrika with Flame Charge and Volt Change. And I've also developed a grudge against Emolga as well, for taking out my star Scraggy; that would have been able to handle her, if it weren't for Volt Change.

I find it funny how the hardest gyms, are really only the hardest because it's at the point where you're still sort of "getting used" to creating a valid team, and they're sort of getting at you when you have a limited roster in terms of choices (I want to badly hurt the person who made Burgh the 3rd gym leader. I really do. Or the person that made his highest level Pokemon the one that the final evolution to something that can pretty much handle one of it bigger weaknesses and is actually able to cover another simply be being able to lower stats.).

Thinking on Black, I may consider using a Whirlipede against that Leavanny... at least it'll have poison to take out the Grass type portion of it.

Yeah, learning a lot from this. Definitely going to be doing more "team experimentation" in Black.

/CL

halloweenghost
10th March 2011, 5:24 AM
Elesa was the hardest for me..that Damned Emolga troop she had grrr LOL

Chimchar15
10th March 2011, 6:01 AM
Try training against the damned things once you get to route 7. No retaliate, but Super Fang, Confuse Ray, and Hypnosis make for one hell of a troller.

I haven't beaten everyone yet, but so far... it's actually a tie between Burgh and Elesa, of all people.

Got lucky with Lenora when I used a Roggenrola against her, so I literally got hax on her! Burgh's Leavanny p!ssed me off to no end. Considering the only 2 Pokemon I could use against had Special Attack as their main attack stat, and that one attack that it uses lowers that stat. Yeah, wasn't very happy. Also, having a team consisting of mainly either Dark/Grass/Psychic was not a smart move on my part (to be fair, I probably should have evolved Roggenrola to Boldore, but Leavanny and the hax critical from Razor Leaf is just not something I enjoyed).

Elesa, she wasn't as bad, thanks in part of having Sandile, but I've learned to really hate Zebstrika with Flame Charge and Volt Change. And I've also developed a grudge against Emolga as well, for taking out my star Scraggy; that would have been able to handle her, if it weren't for Volt Change.

I find it funny how the hardest gyms, are really only the hardest because it's at the point where you're still sort of "getting used" to creating a valid team, and they're sort of getting at you when you have a limited roster in terms of choices (I want to badly hurt the person who made Burgh the 3rd gym leader. I really do. Or the person that made his highest level Pokemon the one that the final evolution to something that can pretty much handle one of it bigger weaknesses and is actually able to cover another simply be being able to lower stats.).

Thinking on Black, I may consider using a Whirlipede against that Leavanny... at least it'll have poison to take out the Grass type portion of it.

Yeah, learning a lot from this. Definitely going to be doing more "team experimentation" in Black.

/CL

Same here. Honestly the reason I lost to Clay was because my team was anti-mole. I had Tranquill, Pansage, and Dwebble on my first try. I also had a Pignite but it was in my pc. I only used three of my team because I feel it's to easy beating a gym leader when you have more Pokemon. Krokorok was cake and Palpitoad gave me a laugh but that damned mole destroyed my guys. Second time I swapped Tranquill for Pignite but mole got me again. The third time right when he switched out mole I got out Pignite and luckily he used hone claws while I attacked with Flame Charge. Second turn I got to go first because of the speed boost from Flame Charge knocking out his mole before it could do damage giving me the win. Like you said I need to start experimenting with more Pokemon. After I beat the game I'll most likely restart with a better team.

Onyx Umeki
10th March 2011, 6:21 AM
To be completely honest, the gyms this generation have been ridiculously easy. Lenora was the only challenging one, and not even. She killed maybe 3 of my pokemon. The easiest by far is Brycen or whatever the ugly ice guys name is.

Cobalt_Latios
10th March 2011, 6:24 AM
Same here. Honestly the reason I lost to Clay was because my team was anti-mole. I had Tranquill, Pansage, and Dwebble on my first try. I also had a Pignite but it was in my pc. I only used three of my team because I feel it's to easy beating a gym leader when you have more Pokemon. Krokorok was cake and Palpitoad gave me a laugh but that damned mole destroyed my guys. Second time I swapped Tranquill for Pignite but mole got me again. The third time right when he switched out mole I got out Pignite and luckily he used hone claws while I attacked with Flame Charge. Second turn I got to go first because of the speed boost from Flame Charge knocking out his mole before it could do damage giving me the win. Like you said I need to start experimenting with more Pokemon. After I beat the game I'll most likely restart with a better team.
For Clay, Servine vs. Krokorok, OHKO on Krokorok, Scraggy vs. Excadrill, OHKO with Hi Jump Kick when Excadrill used Hone Claws. Servine vs. Palpitoad, OHKO. Easiest of any of the gyms.

Same with Skyla.

Granted, by this point in the game, you have enough variety to have something that can damage them in the first place. And heck, you go through "Chargestone Cave" before Skyla... it's basically a prime place to pick up something to take her on :D.

To be completely honest, the gyms this generation have been ridiculously easy. Lenora was the only challenging one, and not even. She killed maybe 3 of my pokemon. The easiest by far is Brycen or whatever the ugly ice guys name is.
Entirely depends on what you were using.

/CL

MadeOfWires
10th March 2011, 6:27 AM
Lenora/Aloe by a long shot. Retaliate was a nightmare. Everything so far has been pretty easy. On my way to the seventh gym currently.

Chimchar15
10th March 2011, 6:27 AM
For Clay, Servine vs. Krokorok, OHKO on Krokorok, Scraggy vs. Excadrill, OHKO with Hi Jump Kick when Excadrill used Hone Claws. Servine vs. Palpitoad, OHKO. Easiest of any of the gyms.

Same with Skyla.

Granted, by this point in the game, you have enough variety to have something that can damage them in the first place. And heck, you go through "Chargestone Cave" before Skyla... it's basically a prime place to pick up something to take her on :D.

/CL

Yeah Skyla was easy. I blinked and it was over. If I had a proper water type like Palpitoad on my team I would've beaten Clay. I honestly did want one but I was waiting to get Jellicent but waiting at that time for a Pokemon that can only be found at a level of a 20 at max after the sixth gym just doesnn't seem worth it.

Cobalt_Latios
10th March 2011, 6:30 AM
Yeah Skyla was easy. I blinked and it was over. If I had a proper water type like Palpitoad on my team I would've beaten Clay. I honestly did want one but I was waiting to get Jellicent but waiting at that time for a Pokemon that can only be found at a level of a 20 at max after the sixth gym just doesnn't seem worth it.
Just use Petilil/Lilligant or Cottonee/Whimsicott. Pretty damn good grass types. Especially Petilil/Lilligant.

/CL

MadHatter_93
10th March 2011, 11:15 AM
It's a tough call between Elesa and Clay, but I have to go with Clay. I have two Pokemon in my team that should make the battle easier, but his Excadrill's speed combined with Excavate is causing huge problems.

I'm surprised so many people had trouble with Lenora. She was one of the harder ones, but wasn't a big problem for me.

Aye, I remember why I found it so easy now! Prior to battling her I actually went to the forest to battle the trainers and catch the new pokemon in this area, and I managed to get a Sawk (freakishly lucky because I'm playing White, so there's a 5% chance in shaking grass and I wasn't even looking for shaking grass. In-fact, I wasn't even looking for pokemon - I was just making my way towards a trainer and stumbled upon it). I also had a Timburr and a Roggenrola. Between Sawk and Timburr it was relatively easy.

I just beat Clay and honestly I haven't had any trouble from any of them. I'm not looking forward to the dragons though, or the Elite Four psychic user. My only psychic coverage is bug. I need to ditch either gurdurr or pignite, two fighters isn't necessary atm.

I would recommend dropping Gurdurr and getting a Sandile from Route 3 or 4. It has two evolutions by lv40, the final evolution looks freakin' cool, is Dark/Ground type and learns some great Dark moves and a decent Ground move in Dig. Can also learn Rock and Fighting moves from TMs.

/CL

RE: Burgh, Victini and Pidove/Tranquill got me through that gym single-handedly.

For me, personally, I managed to great a great variety of types and moves in my 6 pokemon meaning I always had at least one pokemon that was super-effective against the gyms.

Ultimate Champion
10th March 2011, 11:23 AM
The hardest Unova Gym Leader for me was Clay, as his Excadrill was incredibly powerful compared to my Pokémon at the point in the game in which I battled him.

Felix Thunderheart
10th March 2011, 12:17 PM
Lenora bwcause she about beat me and I have a fighting type and she killed it in one hit and kill about every pokemon I had and the sad put they all night a fighting moves thank to the reusing of TM

Felix Thunderheart
10th March 2011, 12:21 PM
As everyone else is saying, Lenora had to be the hardest one of all. Thats the only gym I lost to.

Dang you lost. I about to.

D-World
10th March 2011, 12:27 PM
I found Elesa quite esay, really, my Gurdurr kept using Rock Throw on Emolgas who were using volt switch, result was a load of weak squirrels and a zebra vs zebra finale

Midnight Sun
10th March 2011, 12:34 PM
I haven't lost to a gym leader yet, but Lenora was pretty tough. But I caught a Sawk so that's the only way I won.

And for Elisa I caught a Sandile and leveled it all the way to lv.31 so it could learn dig. Then it was extremely easy. (:

I'm just scared for the ice gym because I have no fire types (but I want a Litwick, I love it's line!), I'm worried. But everyone says it's easy, so I hope it is. XD

Fusion Flare
10th March 2011, 1:50 PM
I honestly don't get what all the fuss with Lenora - or for that matter Whitney as well - is all about; I personally never had any trouble with either.

Tornadus
10th March 2011, 6:14 PM
Elesa, she got to be an elite four... It took my precious 2 hours...

Poke_Mania97
10th March 2011, 6:34 PM
OMG! I faced Cilan 7 TIMES! his pansage was on like 1hp and it just killed my fire monkey!

Dr. Leggs
10th March 2011, 6:43 PM
Cilan was the hardest, because I had to stall him out with Pansear. :s Next was Elesa, because @#*!% Volt Switch kept swapping them up on me. XD

Poke_Mania97
10th March 2011, 6:47 PM
Cilan was the hardest, because I had to stall him out with Pansear. :s Next was Elesa, because @#*!% Volt Switch kept swapping them up on me. XD

lol i couldnt get past the 1st gym for a while! This marks the first time, i have gone over 2 times to face a gym leader. And the 1st time its taken me more than 2 times to face the 1st gym, AND the first time ive ever faced somebody 7 times! thats double what i normally take for a hard gym!

gliscor&yanmega
10th March 2011, 6:55 PM
Skyla was pretty easy for me, Galvantula one shotted all her Pokemon.

So she obviously isn't going to be the hardest one for me. Comes down to Brycen and Iris now.

The Oncoming Storm
10th March 2011, 6:58 PM
Burgh sadly was the hardest cause I was training my sandile. Other then him I pretty much wrecked every one else. I was lucky enough to get a bug hidden power on my solosis so elesa was easy because I had been able to lvl it up to learn psyco shock. Also am I the only one whose team was like five levels above the gym leaders.

aclover
10th March 2011, 6:59 PM
Tbh, Volt switch never occoured in mine and elesa's battle.
but she was still the hardest because i was under leveled and i didnt have a groound type.

magikot
10th March 2011, 7:00 PM
I voted for Lenora.

1st gym - Oshawott was my starter so Pansear made quick work of Cilan.
2nd gym - I had a Timburr but was severely underleveled. Took 4 tries to take her out. Herdier was easy but Watchdog put Timburr to sleep then proceeded to sweep my team with constant Retaliates.
3rd gym - Pansear stomped them
4th gym - My sandile was underleveled but took her out on the second try.
5th gym - Samurott, Leavanny, and Simisear took them out.
6th gym - Conkeldurr's Rock Throw was incredibly helpful and Samurott cleaned up when Conk went down
7th gym - Simisear sweep
8th gym - Reuniclus had HP Ice for Deinos and Psychic took out the rest. Iris just kept using DD and never attacked.

gliscor&yanmega
10th March 2011, 7:02 PM
Also am I the only one whose team was like five levels above the gym leaders.

Mine were normally 5-10 above the gym leader's Pokemon.

PsnType
10th March 2011, 7:10 PM
All was a breeze except, Elesa had to actually grind some... T_T

srullic
10th March 2011, 7:19 PM
I actually one- shoted lenora, but mabye that was kinda cheating cause I traded an egg with a scraggy with dd. < he might just be the best in-game poke I ever used. all you have to do is DD untill you can outspeed the opposing team, and from there it's pure rape with moxie. I took intimidate from her herdier, dd'ed and killed him with break brick. I actually critted watchog, but that hardly mattered with +1.
Seriously, DD scrafty is the best thing ever. He can solo through almost any gym.

Jenza1202
10th March 2011, 7:54 PM
Burgh

Didn't have any types that were strong against it - until I twigged that the desert would probably have ground and maybe even fire types in it.

I'm such a twit sometimes...

MadHatter_93
10th March 2011, 7:57 PM
I haven't lost to a gym leader yet, but Lenora was pretty tough. But I caught a Sawk so that's the only way I won.

And for Elisa I caught a Sandile and leveled it all the way to lv.31 so it could learn dig. Then it was extremely easy. (:

I'm just scared for the ice gym because I have no fire types (but I want a Litwick, I love it's line!), I'm worried. But everyone says it's easy, so I hope it is. XD

RE Dig: you could have just got the TM off the guy in the same place you can catch Sandile!

Do you still have Sawk or any other fighting types? Or even rock types?

Hell, you could even go get Cobalion and use him.

AuraChannelerChris
10th March 2011, 8:47 PM
Lenora and her DAMNED Watchog. That Retaliate thing is such a Game Breaker at that part of the game.

And beware, 'cuz Watchog is watching you with crossed arms.

Nibbles4Ever
10th March 2011, 8:48 PM
So far Elesa was the hardest with her volt switching DX

aonbyte
10th March 2011, 8:53 PM
Lenora was the hardest for me. Everything else was manageable.

Paradoxe
10th March 2011, 9:08 PM
At first I thought Lenora was hard. But now that I'm in Nimbasa, I see how hard Elesa is. Dang it, volt switch.

GalladeX
10th March 2011, 9:11 PM
Oh jeez, definitely Elesa. I never had to level grind, I do that in advance, but it's just...
Fffff Volt Switch.

However, the easiest ones were Brycen and Skyla. I took them both out in less than a minute, thanks to my Crustle who outclassed them by about 5 levels each.

Bloush
10th March 2011, 9:28 PM
so far cilian has been the hardest for me. Lenora was tough too, but i got lucky and landed a crit. But Burgh was easy lol. I know Elesa's guna be hard thogu

wicked_craig
10th March 2011, 9:39 PM
I've done 7 gyms so far and the hardest I've found so far is Elesa. The last 3 gyms I've faced have been really easy.

Umbreon's Girl
10th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Lenora and her DAMNED Watchog. That Retaliate thing is such a Game Breaker at that part of the game.

And beware, 'cuz Watchog is watching you with crossed arms.

Retaliate drove me insane. I ended up killing it with Work Up and then Take Down via my Herdier. I think she had evolved by that gym...

Larry
10th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Against Lenora I just used harden about 5 times with my Roggenrola and slowly took down her Pokemon's HP.

D*N
10th March 2011, 10:31 PM
first gym: easy with panpour
second gym: rather easy-> munna with yawn is brilliant
third gym: freaking easy with tranquil
fourth gym: rather hard, she took out my whole team but thanks to a revive I used on drilbur I beat her.
fifth gym: easy, servine, leavanny and panpour.... enough said.
sixth gym: easy, galvantula and excadrill with rock throw..

now training for seventh gym, but I think I'ts gonna be an easy one since I have litwick, excadrill and pre evo mienshao?

noobers
10th March 2011, 10:59 PM
I haven't done the last two gyms, but Skyla is a joke of a gym leader. Gigalith and Galvantula helped me one-shot all her team members without taking any damage.

DaTreeko =3
11th March 2011, 12:06 AM
Elesa is the hardest for me. I tried to beat her like 3 times and her Emolgas keep Volt Switching....
But after defeating 3000 Audino in Pinwheel Forest....
I will beat her with my lv. 34 Dewott.
And show her that I iz bettar.

WishIhadaManafi5
11th March 2011, 12:17 AM
I went with Lenora. Her Herdier is pretty difficult to take down and then she has that Watchog with all sorts of tough moves. I forget exactly how I ended up defeating her in the Japanese games, but I recall losing several Pokemon to her Watchog. Lenora is like Generation 5's Whitney :x

Yea both her Herdier and her Watchog could be rather annoying. But I have to admit that I found Whitney to be a little harder due to that dang Miltank she had that kept on using Milk Drink and Rollout. It got to be old fast.

The one thing that reminded me of that kind of battling was Lenora's Herdier using Take Down over and over again O_O.

Sponge
11th March 2011, 12:22 AM
I'm surprised to see Lenora so high, I don't remember having any trouble with her. I don't remember ever having a problem with Whitney either.

The gym leaders were all pretty easy (Brycen didn't even get a chance to attack) but Iris was slightly more awkward because I didn't have a type advantage. A part from that Skyla and Elesa were a bit of a nuisance but nothing to sweat over.

The elite four wasn't much of a challenge either, except for Shauntal's Jellicent was annoying.

SourMilk
11th March 2011, 12:23 AM
One thing that annoys me is the AI. Watchog's smart enough to use Retaliate the turn it comes out, and it's a nearly guaranteed KO because of the doubled power of Herdier fainting.

DoubleJG3288
11th March 2011, 1:03 AM
Lenora took my 3 tries. I can't quite remember the 3rd gym, but my entire team was weak to bug. I feel like I got lucky with a revive that time around.

ShinyVaati
11th March 2011, 1:28 AM
I still have Skyla, Brycen, and Drayden to fight, but so far Elesa has been one of the harder ones since I didn't really have anything to fight her with at the time. Clay's Excadrill was a nasty piece of work as well.

CommanderCarr
11th March 2011, 1:37 AM
after clearing all 8 across 4 saves, and using all three starters....

Wow. thats impressive lol

PbjZ
11th March 2011, 1:57 AM
Lenora was the hardest for me, taking out Herdier was okay, but once Watchog did Retaliate, it really shook up the team. That and Hypnosis. So I tried for a bit getting all my Pokemon to 20 to beat her. The next problem I had was with Clay, Excadrill after the Hone Claws was destroying me. But after getting my team from 30 to 32 it was a walk in the park. Everybody else was easy for me, when I reached Drayden I only had to use Fraxure to win.

blink849
11th March 2011, 1:58 AM
Elesa was the most difficult out of all of them just because the volt switching was kind of annoying, and I didn't have any super effective moves against them at that point. Even so, I wouldn't consider her hard at all. None of the gym leaders were challenging, you just had to make sure you leveled your pokemon enough. I fight every trainer that I see. that usually gets the job done.

GalladeRocks
11th March 2011, 2:27 AM
I've only had five Gym battles so far. Out of the ones I've had, this is the order I'd rank them from hardest to easiest:

1. Cilan
2. Clay
3. Lenora
4. Elesa
5. Burgh

Cilan: Cilan beat me at least three times before I beat him. Lillipup was easy, but Pansage beat Pansear every single time and I only barely finished him off with Oshawott the second time.

Lenora: Pretty simple. Herdier beat Pansear easily, but then Dewott crushed Herdier and beat Watchog after a close call with Retaliation.

Burgh: Very simple. Darumaka's Fire Punch took out both Whirlipede and Dwebble and Swadloon one-shotted Leavanny with a critical hit Bug Bite.

Elesa: Pretty easy. Sandile took out both Emolga with a healthy dose of Rock Tombs and then one-shotted Zebstrika with Dig. (Then evolved into Krokorok. Whoo!)

Clay: Fairly difficult. Krokorok and Palpitoad were easy to beat with Dewott and Swadloon, respectively, but Excadrill Bulldozed (literally) through my team twice before I finally took it out with Dewott. (Then Swadloon evolved. I've been getting lucky with Gyms and evolutions.)

So I would say that Cilan is the hardest Gym Leader, so far, at least. For specific Pokemon, I would say that the hardest was Cilan's Pansage, then Clay's Excadrill, then Lenora's Watchog, then Elesa's two Emolga. The rest were all one-shottable for me.

Joejoe2012
11th March 2011, 2:34 AM
Elesa was easy for me with yamask. Will-o-wisp and hex beat hear to the ground.

Bombadil
11th March 2011, 2:55 AM
I've only gone through three gyms, so I can't really offer my opinion for the whole game yet, but Lenora is evil. Her Watchog destroyed me the first time I challenged her. I know it would've been easier if I'd just used my Throh or Timburr (whatever it's called...), but I refuse to use a pokemon on my team for a single battle. If they get on my team at all, they're going to be on there for a while. Luckily, I chose tepig, so once it evolved and learned Arm Thrust, my second battle with her wasn't too bad.

locomo
11th March 2011, 2:58 AM
Lenora! (im on gym 3 tho) Cuz she actually wiped out my team of 6..... Using HEADBUTT.

>.> I didnt use timburr or sawk tho, cuz i feel that is SOOO cheap, if they arent going in my final team.

DarumakkaImposter
11th March 2011, 3:29 AM
on my JP white it only took me one try with cilan/ cress/ chili.on my EN black it took me about 10. Only one try on EG white. so i would say (since i battled all of them) cilan is the hardest. the medium gym leader was clay. i he kod my pokemon with his excadrill (who had barley any hp left) and i had 5 pokes left. it got down to excadrill vs. servine and i won with only 9 hp left

Guy89
11th March 2011, 3:31 AM
They were all really easy, I think I beat them all in one try with my Samurott.

Felix Thunderheart
11th March 2011, 4:36 AM
Lenora! (im on gym 3 tho) Cuz she actually wiped out my team of 6..... Using HEADBUTT.

>.> I didnt use timburr or sawk tho, cuz i feel that is SOOO cheap, if they arent going in my final team.

I used Timburr and all my other pokemon have a fighting move and she still about beat me she got me down one pokemon and red hp. It do or die for me. lol The bad part that she kick timburr butt with one hit. all my pokemon was on 15

Chaos Rush
11th March 2011, 5:21 AM
I only have 3 badges, and so far Leonora (or however you spell it) was the hardest, with Chili being kinda hard. But Burgh was RIDICULOUSLY easy, I mean like HG/SS easy. I OHKO'd all three of Burgh's weakass Bug Pokemon. I hope future Gym battles are harder, I don't want it to be like HG/SS all over again :/.

Espy'strainer
11th March 2011, 6:11 AM
Elesa....And that's because I had an under leveled Boldore. Leveled it a bit and learn Rock Slide and it was all good.

BTW, I hate Volt Switch;366;

aonbyte
11th March 2011, 6:22 AM
I changed my mind. Iris was the more challenging one.

kaiser soze
11th March 2011, 6:44 AM
elesa want that hard for me. my blitzle with motor drive was enough for the emogas, and sandile was nice too.

surprisingly not hard was the dragon gym, without an ice-type. I had like 2-3 pokes left with marginal health. managed to give crustle a shell break and they went down, namely because of too many dragon dances

Bad_Apple!!
11th March 2011, 7:18 AM
Lenora for sure.

Take Down on a Herdier that earlier in the game, coupled with Retaliate was really fierce. I barely escaped with my Servine.

LordLati
11th March 2011, 8:05 AM
I'm only 6/8 so far but seeing as how I have a good fighting type and an ice type in training I don't feel like badges 7 and 8 will be that hard to get.

I vote for Lenora as she has a nasty habit of using work up in order to sweep your team and her pokemon are a tad high (level wise) for that part of the game.

Night_Walker
11th March 2011, 8:50 AM
Only been to the first gym thus far in White.

As I'm planning to give the water slot in my team to Tirtouga I was cautious about just using Panpour to win the match, so I trained up my Snivy and Lillipup and I was able to use them to win the match fairly easily (although Lillipup only just managed to get past Pansear).

AphelX
11th March 2011, 9:00 AM
Elesa is the hardest for me. I tried to beat her like 3 times and her Emolgas keep Volt Switching....
But after defeating 3000 Audino in Pinwheel Forest....
I will beat her with my lv. 34 Dewott.
And show her that I iz bettar.

How were u able to defeat 3000 audino? i though those were rare and a ground shaking is very rare.

NinjaScepSneasel
11th March 2011, 9:01 AM
I have only done up to Skyla, but in terms of difficulty for me -
Gym 1: Medium, wretched Lillipup got a crit on my Oshawott, and my Monkey was lower leveled than him, meaning Ihad to use a potion or two.
Gym 2: Hard, She killed all my pokemon except Dewott, who I had to heal a few times.
Gym 3: Cake walk. Killed his pokemon easily.
Gym 4: Hard, wretched volt switch!
Gym 5: Medium, Excadrill was a pain and killed a few of my Pokes.
Gym 6: Easy, not completely easy because swoobat was a pain, but they all died easily.

I think Brycen will be easy because My pokemon are already about the same level as him.

Miss Alexis
11th March 2011, 9:18 AM
i just defeated lenora and she was hecka hard

Nostalgic Hybrid
11th March 2011, 10:15 AM
Haven't beat the game yet, but Elesa was the most challenging. What with volt switch abuse, static, and general frailness/lack of resistance to electric moves, my team was at a disadvantage.
Sandile and Trubbish were my saving grace here, what with immunity and poison.

Doubt the last two gyms will be much of a challenge (at Brycen) because I have Pokemon that counter ice and dragon.

VioletMantis
11th March 2011, 11:00 AM
I lost to Elesa and Burgh, everyone else I smashed very easily, especially Clay. None of his pokemon touched me, thank you Dewott. But, the only reason I lost to burgh was my Simisear was a Pansear at the time and had that god awful move Incinerate. Once I evolved it and it learned Flame Burst, I destroyed him as well. Since I didn't have a ground type, Elesa gave me the most problems. The only pokemon with an advantage I had was Archen, but he was too slow and died too quick.

Quillz
11th March 2011, 11:14 AM
Iris gave me trouble, but it was fake difficulty, because my team intentionally lacked Ice and Dragon moves. Instead, I Leech Seed'd all of her team members and slowly drained them to victory.

streetlightdsb
11th March 2011, 1:04 PM
I voted Elesa. I only had Sandile for an Electric resist or immunity, and Emolga kept on using Acrobatics if I tried to use Sandile against them. Zebstrika took it out with Flame charge. Scraggy and Dewott had weaknesses (though Dewott did finish Zebstrika) so Darumaka was my backup, but Hustle is a ***** and Volt Switch was a pain.

paddylad
11th March 2011, 1:20 PM
Lenora is a dirty dirty ***** and I hope she gets syphilis tbh.

LordLati
11th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Since a lot of people here are having trouble with the 2nd and 4th gyms (which gave me a hard time as well)... You guys can just put a pokemon or 2 in the day care.

It's a pain for the 2nd gym as you can only put in 1 pokemon and have to hold down the B button to grind exp.

Before the 4th gym you get a bike (after rescueing the day care man) and can put 2 pokemon in the day care, making it fairly easy to get 1-3 pokemon past level 40.

It takes a while but you need not beat 3000 Audino, lol.

Missingno.Fan
11th March 2011, 10:26 PM
I pretty much shot through all the gyms with about five or less attempts each except for Drayden. The trainers in the gym kill me. I need to do some more training.

~_Cloud_Strife_~
11th March 2011, 10:35 PM
Chili was the hardest to me. It was hard enough to level up that little monkey, let alone right with just Snivy. e.e

Dragonitor
11th March 2011, 10:58 PM
None of them were hard to beat...At least that's my opinion. Iris was not for me because I gave a Reuniclus with Hidden Power (Ice ;))

Dillon Wheeler
11th March 2011, 11:02 PM
i usually catch random pokemon around the gyms(Ex:Throh to beat the 2nd gym at pinwheel forest)that are super effective.But the hardest would of been the 3rd.Because my team was Servine,sandile,panpour,and tympole,but i found a darumaka and pwned.

Derald Snyder
11th March 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm not done with the game yet, but Leonora is the only trainer I've blacked out against so far. And that is because I wasn't playing too seriously.

Miss Alexis
12th March 2011, 12:08 AM
burgh has definatly been the easiest gym leader i went against
just used pignite and spammed flare charge

shadi1
12th March 2011, 12:13 AM
Gym leader: Cress e.e My tepig didn't stand a chance.
Even tho she isn't a gym leader the elite 4 member that uses ghost type.
Her Jellicent so ugh

xxDUNE
12th March 2011, 1:33 AM
I didn't find any of them hard at all. I guess I would say Lenora though as her Herdier took out a couple of my Pokemon but they were a lot weaker so it was expected.

Whimsicott
12th March 2011, 1:40 AM
Elesa's Emolga's have no weakness, and thier move, Volt Switch, kinda annoyed me. Her Zebstrika was kinda easy. She's pretty xD lol

EDIT: I dunno why a lot of people are having trouble with Lenora. She was pretty easy, if you got a fighting type.

PhoUng
12th March 2011, 1:42 AM
So far, only had problems with Lenora and Clay. Lenora 5 tries (ended up getting a timburr) and Clay 2 tries only because I was trying to lvl my Zebstrika lol

Miss Alexis
12th March 2011, 1:54 AM
I just defeated elesa using my simisage, was pretty much easy, so she is not one of the hardest leaders

AuraChannelerChris
12th March 2011, 1:54 AM
Elesa's Emolga's have no weakness, and thier move, Volt Switch, kinda annoyed me. Her Zebstrika was kinda easy. She's pretty xD lol

EDIT: I dunno why a lot of people are having trouble with Lenora. She was pretty easy, if you got a fighting type.

Geez, is it the fact she can kill said slow Fighting type with her really fast Watchog, and that chances are that you were using that Fighting type to take out her tough Herdier who if taken out will only severely boost her Retaliate move on your Fighting type? Oh, and let's not forget the cheap Hypnosis attack her Watchog has.

Chimchar15
12th March 2011, 2:03 AM
I beat Drayden pretty easily. My Beartic knocked out his Haxorus with one hit from Icicle Crash.

Ynia
12th March 2011, 2:09 AM
Elesa? Hard? ... Lv. 30 Drilbur (Brave)... Hone Claw x2 + 1 Rock Slide per Emolga + 1 Dig for Zebstrika = Gym Badge. ....How is she hard? o-o

Unfortunately, I haven't challenged Clay yet, as I'm currently training.. 12~13 Pokemon at the moment.

Paradoxe
12th March 2011, 4:04 AM
UPDATE: Clay is the hardest for me. Why, Excadrill, why? Why must you Bulldoze and Rock Slide your way to victory?

Iyashii
12th March 2011, 4:18 AM
By far the hardest was Lenora.
Damn Takedown is just to powerful for that level span.
Only Gym I couldn't get my first try.

Most challenging?
Iris.

No Ice so it wasn't easy.

wascos1
12th March 2011, 4:32 AM
I beat every gym leader without having to reset, EXCEPT for Elesa. My Rock Tombs kept on missing. I beat her on my third try.

All of the other gym leaders were Easy the last Gym was especially easy to beat because I got the Dragon from Dragon Spiral Tower

Vycksta
12th March 2011, 4:54 AM
The easiest by far is Brycen or whatever the ugly ice guys name is.Dude I'd tap Brycen harder than a demolition ball.

I've done six Gyms so far and not blacked out yet, but I can see why people have been saying Lenora and Elesa. Lenora's Watchog pwned my Liepard in one hit with Retaliate (( Thank truck I had my Pignite with Arm Thrust )) and Elesa's pair of Emolga set things up with Volt Switch and their Static hax ready for Zebstrika to sweep you.

Miss Alexis
12th March 2011, 5:21 AM
I have done 4 gyms now, and clay was also owned by me with my simisage
clay is pretty easy

Cutty
12th March 2011, 5:23 AM
Not hard but kinda. I'll have to say Chili/Cilan/Cress. I always have to use the elemental monkey to take them down. I dislike it as I don't really want to use other pokemon outside my team.

ForeverFlame
12th March 2011, 5:50 AM
I do not understand why people think Elesa was hard. I swept her with my Zoroark. Sure, she did a couple of Volt Switches, but all that did was prolong the inevitable.

Lenora was beyond difficult. Hypnosis + Confuse Ray is a crime against humanity.

Shneak
12th March 2011, 5:52 AM
I've only fought the first four so far.

Elesa>Lenora>Burgh>Cilan.

Elesa's Emolgas destroyed my team the first time. Only time I've blacked out so far. I had to over-level to beat her, and I barely did beat her.

Lenora's Herdier OHKO'd my Pansear, but my Dewott managed to kill both of her Pokemon.

Burgh was easy, but Leavanny did more damage than I thought.

Cilan was easy.

Roll
12th March 2011, 6:08 AM
Chili... At that point in the game, it was pathetically easy to be knocked out. Lillipup got a lucky critical on Snivy and so I had to rely on my Panpour (Which I would box it right after this battle), and I struggled quite a bit, even against his Pansear.

Lenora... Her Herdier and Watchog hit so hard! Thankfully with the use of a few potions and missed attacks (Servine's Leaf Tornado is awesome for lowering accuracy!), I managed to beat her just fine.

Burgh was incredibly easy for me, despite my team being weak to Bug. Struggle Bug was just such a weak move that even super effective hits didn't do that much...

Elesa was actually very easy for me; I didn't even see her use Volt Switch once on me (Although Acrobatics did put a dent to my team) Granted, I did use Quiver Dance six times and swept her team with Lilligant, but even then...

Clay was moderately difficult. His Excadrill was the only one that hampered me, but he wasn't nearly as annoying as Lenora or Brycen.

Skyla was pitifully easy. At the same difficulty as Burgh. I found her Unfezant to be more threatening than her Swanna.

Brycen was hard for me. The Ice-types hit fast and hard, and with his Beartic having Brine... My Lampent couldn't do much, and neither could the rest of my team. He was the hardest for that, but once I defeated Beartic, it was smooth sailing with Cryogonal, who just set up dual screens.

Iris was okay; she felt slightly easier than Clay to me. None of her Pokemon were particularly threatening after all those previous battles. Geez, Opelucid Gym had *nine* trainers not including the Gym Leader. Well, I guess it's to be expected as the last gym.

My Hardest : Cilan/Chili/Cress and Brycen. Lenora and Clay follow close behind.

But all in all, I found Unova's gym leaders to not be that difficult, compared to previous generations, where I've always had at least *one* gym leader to get stuck on.

Wildfyre
12th March 2011, 6:19 AM
Although most of the leaders were EASY, there were 2/3 that gave me trouble.

1. Chili. I was using Panpour, setting up with Leer, while his Pansear setting up with Work Up. Eventually, i got 6 leers on it, and used Water Gun. Unfortunately, it had got 6 work ups, so it 1HKO'd me with Incinerate.

2. Lenora. Her Watchog wasn't to bad, thnx to Leaf Tornado lowering it's accuracy. But I did lose 2 times, again, not so bad.

3. The absolute worse was Elesa. Those darn Emolga's static. My only super effective move i had on them was Rock Slide (drilbur), which would either miss, or hit and leave me with static.

Nostalgic Hybrid
12th March 2011, 6:23 AM

They do. It's called rock and ice. They're part flying.

Elesa? Hard? ... Lv. 30 Drilbur (Brave)... Hone Claw x2 + 1 Rock Slide per Emolga + 1 Dig for Zebstrika = Gym Badge. ....How is she hard? o-o

Unfortunately, I haven't challenged Clay yet, as I'm currently training.. 12~13 Pokemon at the moment.

Grats on RNG mon and being leveled. I'm pretty sure most people went into this fight with only Rock of Miss Tomb.

1. Chili. I was using Panpour, setting up with Leer, while his Pansear setting up with Work Up. Eventually, i got 6 leers on it, and used Water Gun. Unfortunately, it had got 6 work ups, so it 1HKO'd me with Incinerate.

Why? Leer would do nothing to the power of your water gun. It's a special move.

Chimchar15
12th March 2011, 7:13 AM
Overall I felt that this region's gym leaders were harder than the previous regions with a few exceptions of course. Sinnoh had to be the easiest set of leaders like ever.

legendary master Jose
12th March 2011, 7:20 AM
Iris/Drayden

simply because i had no ice type (stupid samurott can't learn ice breath) and i only had druddigon (who is terrible) i hadn't even looked up where axew but i beat her with my zoroark and lots of revives.

Lilyfer
12th March 2011, 12:05 PM
Iris/Drayden

simply because i had no ice type.

Ditto. ^^ I haven't whited out at all since I've been playing but I did struggle against Iris because of the above reason. None of my pokemon can learn frost breath and I didn't have any other Ice type TMs.

Zalman
12th March 2011, 12:16 PM
Haha wow, this poll surprises me. I think Elesa was one of the easiest ones, and Drayden/Iris wasn't that hard either since I had an Archeops with Dragonbreath.

For me, the hardest one was Clay. That Excadrill was hard to take down.

PokemonOwn
12th March 2011, 12:17 PM
Lenora. I just had to grind up my Timburr by two levels. Same thing with Burgh and Pansage. Just needed to learn Flame Burst.

UnovaSwampert
12th March 2011, 2:02 PM
Lenora. I just had to grind up my Timburr by two levels. Same thing with Burgh and Pansage. Just needed to learn Flame Burst.

I caught Throh to beat Lenora.

I caught Darmanitan's pre-evolution to beat Burgh.

Chill92
12th March 2011, 2:11 PM
Elesa's rodents were merely annoying, that's why I voted for her. Should have caught a Sandile...

Pikasaur
12th March 2011, 2:23 PM
I'd Say Drayden/Iris were the hardest. I did have a Cubchoo but its moves at the time made training it a pain.

Id say 2nd hardest was Cilan and friends only due to there not being many pokemon to catch and the wild pokemon being at such a level that your elemental monkey didnt get that much Exp while training it for the gym.

Poke_Mania97
12th March 2011, 3:57 PM
so far this is what happened:

Cilan- FACED HIM 7 TIMES >=C
Lenora- her patrat took out my dewott, otherwise no problems.
Burgh- easy! just used my zebstrika
Elesa: ??? havnt faced her

Riversong
12th March 2011, 4:04 PM
My team only consisted of Archen and Dewott, so Elesa was a huge pain for me. Lenora was hard too. Once I got more members for the team, the rest have been a lot easier.

suicuneman
12th March 2011, 4:37 PM
All but one of the Gyms were disappointingly a little bit too easy:

I had Pansear to take out Cilan

Lenora was easy with any Pokémon

Simisear took out Burgh

Elesa was challenging because she wouldn't stop using Volt Switch and at the time my party didn't have any Ground-Type Pokémon to counter it. The only Ground move I had was Dig on Zorua, Simisear and Archeops, which doesn't affect Emolga, so I was a bit screwed :P I had to resort to Lilligant's good old Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Mega Drain combination to win.

Dewott and Lilligant beat Clay

Archeops beat Skyla

Simisear beat Brycen

Druddigon beat Drayden

Sponge
12th March 2011, 6:00 PM
Lenora was probably easy for me because I discovered the wonders of Audino training right after I caught my Timburr. I didn't grind like mad mind, I only had my pokemon knock out about two audino each.

Takatheeducatedkid
12th March 2011, 6:03 PM
Elesa was a pain to beat, She kept using volt switch, It annoyed the heck out of me!):<

Sizerdrix
12th March 2011, 6:11 PM
I had a bit of trouble with the second gym, but Clay was the worst for me too. Took quite a few tries to get past him.

D-World
12th March 2011, 6:30 PM
So far my gyms are like this:

Cilan: Failed 6 times before realising I could get Pansear before the badge

Lenora: Not hard, but won because of Pansear's Yawn + Work Up combo

Burgh: Easily done, too easily done really.

Elesa: pretty simple, OHKO'ed each Emolga and took down Zebstrika with Drilbur.

Clay: Easy as toasting bread. Krokorok used Swagger on Dewott, and it all followed quickly.

Skylar: Simple too, Charge Beam on Swoobat; Rock Slide on Unfezant; Charge Beam on Swanna

WhiteForest
12th March 2011, 6:41 PM
Lenora was the only one I found difficult. That isn't necessarily a good thing, all gym leaders are meant to me difficult, and only lenora has been so far

ZeroEdgeir
12th March 2011, 7:04 PM
Only 2 gyms in myself, but Leonora was the stronger, over Chili (I took Snivy, despite him only trumping 1 gym in the entire 8, and being weak to like 4).
Panpour made 2-shot wonder out of Chili's Pansear.

It was Leonora's Herdier and Watchdog. Herdier was doing 60%+ damage with Take Down, not cool. Sure didn't like my Timburr (Sheer Force) w/ Rock Smash though. Watchdog proved even harder, smashing my Roggenrola even (Crunch FTL).

I think my 6th attempt got me the win.

pampam88
12th March 2011, 7:23 PM
Leonora took me alot of tries. I was so upset at how many times i lost, i screamed at my ds and my parents gave me a funny look.....

Nata
12th March 2011, 7:33 PM
Same here, Lenora took me around 3 tries .. NEVER had any problems with Gym leaders in the past.... NEVER, so yeah this is the first time :p
I didnt expect her to be hard to beat since shes using normals but yeah i was wrong..

Heldigunner1
12th March 2011, 7:51 PM
Me
Cress-Beat him in 1 shot
Lorana-Took me I think two times.
Burgh-Beat him in 1, way to easy.
Elesa-took me like 4 times, the only reason I won was because I got lucky with sing.
Clay-took me 3 times.Excaldrill was terrible.
Skyla-Beat her in 1. Would have been cool if she had the opposite bird of your game.Braviary if you got black,Mandibuzz if you got white.
Byrcen-Beat him in 1,but hardest as far as the win in one.
Drayden-Beat him in one. Quite underwhelming drayden was.

Bombadil
12th March 2011, 7:58 PM
I've now done up to Clay, and I still feel Lenora was technically the hardest for me. During my battle with Clay, I did end up turning off the game for a bit though because Krokorok used Swagger on my Tirtouga, Excadrill, and Pignite and they all hit themselves EVERY turn, eventually knocking themselves out, so he kept on getting a Moxie boost. I restarted the battle though and proceeded to win with ease. Tirtouga took out his Krok, Solosis his toad, and my Excadrill and Tirtouga together took out his Excadrill.

Sharpedo_14
12th March 2011, 8:06 PM
So far Burgh was the hardest for me. I only had a Servine and a Panpour so I had no super effective moves, But he did. Lucky I got a critical on his Levanny and won.

Miss Alexis
12th March 2011, 8:40 PM
i defeated skyla with ease.

Wildfyre
12th March 2011, 9:00 PM
i defeated skyla with ease.

Same here. also defeated Brycen and Iris wih ease.

Paradoxe
12th March 2011, 9:07 PM
I defeated Skyla AND Brycen with ease.

Ynia
12th March 2011, 9:26 PM
Defeated Clay two hours ago. Liligant swept two of his Pokemon, and Sawk took out Excadrill in a single Brick Break. I guess I should be thankful that, for a Steel type, Excadrill has abyssmal defenses..

Slowemperor
12th March 2011, 9:56 PM
From Clay to Iris, first try. Burgh would have been hard but I had just added Darumaka to my team. Lenora was easily the hardest.

Torpoleon
12th March 2011, 10:03 PM
Lenora was the hardest for me. My team was Dewott, Blitzle & Pidove. Her Herdier was a little bit of a pain (but not that much). Her Watchog kept on beating my team until Dewott finally beat Watchog a couple of rematches later (no less, after beating Lenora's Herdier as well).

GoldCyndaquil
12th March 2011, 10:48 PM
For both me and my friend Alex it was definetely Elesa. Her Emolga's killed since no gorund-type moves could hit them. Sandile and Drilbur useless :'(

SnakeEvoke
12th March 2011, 10:56 PM
It took me three times to beat Clay. First time was just me being a noob. Using the wrong attacks and switching the wrong Pokemon. Second time, I've got no clue how he beat me then. Third time, I owned him. :D

Ynia
13th March 2011, 12:06 AM
@GoldCyndaquil - I solo'd Elesa with a Drilbur. It learns Rockslide close to Lv. 30, plus Hone Claws raises the accuracy.. Soo.. Yeah. xD

TeamRocket123
13th March 2011, 12:27 AM
@GoldCyndaquil - I solo'd Elesa with a Drilbur. It learns Rockslide close to Lv. 30, plus Hone Claws raises the accuracy.. Soo.. Yeah. xD

I did the same. Drillbur dominated that battle.

Ablepsy
13th March 2011, 12:32 AM
I would definitely say Clay for me. My team was very light on the Super Effectives, his was heavy on them XD
Managed to beat him in the end though, but he sure put up a fight!

Excadrill
13th March 2011, 1:10 AM
Clay was way too close for comfort. But I still beat him on my first try, beating 2 1/2 of his pokemon with Gigalith, who I got over wifi. Gigalith's a beast.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
13th March 2011, 1:39 AM
I hd a lot of trouble with a lot of leaders, most in part because I kept switching pokemon for others. I think I only had 2 pokemon that were ALWAYS with me, and they were Stoutland and Samurott.

So, I usually didn't have many super-effective attacks at my disposal, and that's why I lost multiple times at almost every gym. My most notable losses had to be with Elesa and Clay, however. Elesa was just evil. With Clay, my team was severely underleveled.

Paradoxe
13th March 2011, 1:42 AM
I want the trade my shelmet for a karrablast so I can get Excavalier for Drayden, but everyone either wants a Zekrom or Reshiram >.<

Chaos Rush
13th March 2011, 6:19 AM
So I now have 7 badges, and I must say, wow, these Gym Leaders are pathetic! I don't overtrain, and yet they all seem to be at least 2 levels below my Pokemon. The easiest was definitely Burgh, where I OHKO'd all three of his Pokemon. So far, here are my thoughts:

1. Chili - kinda hard
2. Lenora - hard
3. Burgh - absolutely pathetic
4. Elesa - a bit easy
5. Clay - pathetic
6. Skyla - pathetic
7. Brycen - pathetic

Have yet to face Iris, hopefully she's actually hard.

doku888
13th March 2011, 6:24 AM
Cress was easy, I used my Lillipup and Pansage.
Lenora... 0.o... First try, her Herdier took out three of my Pokemon. Second try, I had a Pignite, so Arm Thrust did it's thing.
Burgh=Swoobat and Pignite sweep
Elesa=No problem, Palpitoad destroys her team easily.
Clay=Leavanny and Palpitoad wrecked him EASILY.
Skyla=Vanillish. End of story. Well, not completely. Stoutland for her Swanna.
Brycen=Emboar, Palpitoad and Stoutland completely destroyed him.
Shaga=Probably wont admit it, but that Vanillish (not Vanilluxe) sweep was probably pretty embarassing.

Lenora was the toughest. The first part of this game is evil... up until the Exp. Share in Castelia.

Cobalt_Latios
13th March 2011, 6:48 AM
Okay, now that I have officially beaten every gym leader, my votes go to Burgh and Elesa for giving me the most grief.

Iris, was actually pretty easy considering I had 2 Pokemon at my disposition that knew Dragon Claw (Fraxure and Scrafty).

Brycen was also easy, Lampent and Scrafty took him out with relative ease.

All in all, the difficulty was mostly around my stubborn self to avoid making drastic changes to my team. That will most likely change when I do get Black, as I'll probably have enough proper foresight to make better decisions.

I didn't vote Lenora because I got surprisingly lucky with it for using a Roggenrola. I also didn't put Cilan/Cress/Chili mainly because I was able to handle them with my Snivy (defenses ftw!).

/CL

Gligari
13th March 2011, 6:53 AM
Lenorahs frigging watchog koed me twice.

sitekickdude1432
13th March 2011, 6:55 AM
i gotta be honest, i found none of them particularly hard.
i beat 7/8 of them on my first try so my vote i guess is for brycen since he was the only one i had to use multiple attempts with.
though my views might and probably will change when i play through black with oshawatt
so yeah! theres my 2 cents

Guinno
13th March 2011, 7:05 AM
Burgh,

Because Petillil, Drillbur and Dewott can hardly beat sewaddle, leavanny was torchure.

Myowu
13th March 2011, 7:09 AM
Hmm
I'm between Elesa's swapping squirrels and Clay's bulldozing Drillbur

Everyone else was easy =)

Poke_Mania97
13th March 2011, 10:39 AM
Hmm, its wierd how Lenora is the hardest leader here, she was easy as pie! I wonder how Elesa is, I have a krokorok so she shouldnt be a problem!

Oh and my zebstrika can fend off her electric attacks:=D

Whitney Fan
13th March 2011, 10:51 AM
I only have four badges so far, but I have to say the hardest was Lenora. Her Pokémon just seemed overpowered to me... Take Down + Retaliate were deadly. Elesa wasn't too bad because I had a Zebstrika to absorb her Pokémon's electric attacks. Is it a coincidence that the gym leaders that specialize in normal-types are generally regarded as the hardest? Whitney in 2nd generation, Norman in 3rd generation, Lenora in 5th generation...

Poke_Mania97
13th March 2011, 10:53 AM
i still think lenora was easy

Ynia
13th March 2011, 10:58 AM
Nah. Lenora is straight overpowered, and she's only the second Gym Leader. Herdier's Take Down is just plain overpowered. Watchog's Hypnosis + Confuse Ray + Retaliate = W-T-F?! Luckily, though, my brand new Lv. 15 Sawk came in with a double-critical Double Kick so.. Yeah.

Did I mention Herdier took out 4 out of my 6 Pokemon? With just Take Down? ....H4X?!...

Poke_Mania97
13th March 2011, 11:00 AM
Wow, my dewott killed her Herdier with a OHKO! and watchhog just did retaliate which i admit did alot of damage, but i still killed it.

Dareliisko
13th March 2011, 11:14 AM
Nah second gym leader is easy, just train in the forest before fighting, and catch a Sawk or Throh. I beat her with just one pokemon. Elesa was hard as I had no moves effective against Emolga but only my Tranquil was in danger.

Skyla was hardest for me flying types destroyed my Sawk, Pignite, Simisage. Zoroark was left with Muuna to do the hard work and every time their health is down they use Roost and it has enough health to take out another pokemon.

Tamaku
13th March 2011, 11:29 AM
All of them were easy except Lenora and Chilli.
They pwnt my butt several times.
The rest were absolutely pathetic.

Dragard
13th March 2011, 11:32 AM
Lenora. STAB'd Take Down and Retaliate that early where a pain.

Charoshi
13th March 2011, 12:47 PM
I never really found any of them overly difficult on my first play through on my white version. I voted Elesa though, as she gave me the most annoyance, but my Solosis' massive special attack beat her Zebstrika down. Volt Switch was a pain though. -.-

Grey Wind
13th March 2011, 2:32 PM
SKyla. Her Swanna swept 4 of my team before being KO'ed by Samurott

kitch31
13th March 2011, 4:56 PM
i would have to elsa so far i am only on my 6th badge now like aerial ace really peed me of lol just seemed to kill my guys then like everything the horrible hyper potions lol

p.s add my friend code lol need some friends get some trading goin woo

l3reederDan
13th March 2011, 5:40 PM
I haven't gotten past Clay yet ( Too busy taking in the sights, lol ), But Lenora and her Watchog completely destroyed my team. It took lots of potions, and my Purloin to kill that monster, and I got lucky. Everyone else afterwards has been cake, though. Maybe I over train..

SoulSilver Eric
13th March 2011, 5:44 PM
Lenora. early on, she was the hardest gym leader I faced. Watchogs Hypnosis and Herdier's take down were tough.

Grei
13th March 2011, 5:56 PM
Lenora. Even with, like, three or four members on my team knowing Rock Smash she was still very difficult. D:

mystik
13th March 2011, 6:42 PM
wait Lenora and Elesa are winning? I guess I shouldn't have much challenge later on as I just beat Elesa rather easily. Lenora I'm not sure what was hard.

EzzPeon
13th March 2011, 6:45 PM
Hm, I had no problem with Clay at all actually. I got my level 30 Servine run through all of his Pokémon without any potions etc.

Lenora wasn't hard for me either. So far the only match I didn't win the first try was Elesa.

Aurath8
13th March 2011, 6:48 PM
Nah. Lenora is straight overpowered, and she's only the second Gym Leader. Herdier's Take Down is just plain overpowered. Watchog's Hypnosis + Confuse Ray + Retaliate = W-T-F?! Luckily, though, my brand new Lv. 15 Sawk came in with a double-critical Double Kick so.. Yeah.

Did I mention Herdier took out 4 out of my 6 Pokemon? With just Take Down? ....H4X?!...

Lenora's Watchog doesn't know Confuse Ray...

EzzPeon
13th March 2011, 6:50 PM
Lenora's Watchog doesn't know Confuse Ray...

Haha. Indeed, it doesnt.

Butter-won
13th March 2011, 7:19 PM
Elesa, because she was a huge annoyance. The rest of the leaders I took down with 1-2 pokemon max. Elesa was hard because I was under prepared, My Sandile couldn't hit Emolga and then it kept switching out. After a few tries I had her though.

AquaRegisteel
13th March 2011, 7:19 PM
Lenora was quite solid.

At that point in the game, i decided to go solo with Dewott,yet Retaliate+Hypnosis=Argghhh!

Razor shell eventually slayed it after 10-15 tries,with which i levelled up 5 times,Lv20-25.

D R IE A M
13th March 2011, 7:20 PM
The first gym was the worst. I did it without getting my elemental monkey. I didn't know about them.

Vycksta
13th March 2011, 7:52 PM
The first gym was the worst. I did it without getting my elemental monkey. I didn't know about them.I didn't get my Pansage until after the Gym either... but I found Cress easy. My Purrloin had a field day.

MKFC
13th March 2011, 8:10 PM
I found the first gym by far the hardest. To be honest, with the right Pokémon I found the otehr gyms pretty easy - for some I didn't even need a super effective Pokémon.

D R IE A M
13th March 2011, 8:12 PM
I didn't get my Pansage until after the Gym either... but I found Cress easy. My Purrloin had a field day.

I wish I had done that. I was very unbalanced at the beginning - my starter was in it's 3nd stage by the time I started catching other pokemon. It took me three hours or so to beat that gym.

Darkrai's Nightmare
13th March 2011, 8:14 PM
Clay, because I had to take on that Palpitoad with an Emboar. Not a fun battle. But everybody else was so pathetic, it really wasn't even funny. I thought Drayden would be difficult. Boy was I wrong.

RifleAvenger
13th March 2011, 8:16 PM
Personally, Clay was the only one to even come close to beating me, mostly due to Swagger+embargo leading to death by hax.

Part of reason I guess no other leader stood a chance is that after Clay, I got my own version of his signature, Exadril. Mole Patrol just punched holes in every leader's team, and the elite 4s' teams, and the final bosses teams. Hell, I never would have won the game without it. I love that mole.

Sklobington
13th March 2011, 8:20 PM
Clay. Hone claws was evil.
Drayden? gym leader? does that happen in black or something? he wasn't gym leader in my white

D R IE A M
13th March 2011, 8:22 PM
Clay. Hone claws was evil.
Drayden? gym leader? does that happen in black or something? he wasn't gym leader in my white

His daughter is the leader in white.