PDA

View Full Version : Are you playing as boy or girl?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

NorthernLord
10th March 2011, 8:44 PM
Are you playing as girl or boy in B/W?
What is his/her name?
Also, which nature and type of trainer is your character. (If you don't know: in the game, you can go on your trainer card and choose a specific trainer type and nature for your character to have.)

This is my trainer:

Clair - Girl - Lass - Naughty nature

I play as White as I like her design better than Black.

So what about you?

bobandbill
11th March 2011, 12:40 AM
I'm playing as the guy as usual, I see little reason for em to choose the gender I'm not. XD

I just went with Ace Trainer - would have liked to be a martial artist guy but oh well, that option does not appear for me.

noobers
11th March 2011, 12:41 AM
I always go as the guy... because I am one.

I don't know what type of Trainer I am, but my trainer card says I have a Hardy nature.

paddylad
11th March 2011, 12:46 AM
I always choose either Patrick/Paddy/Pachu/Pad as my name. And I normally choose boy, unless I'm in a weird mood :p

Anyway right now I am Paddy, male, and a jolly ace trainer :D

FatalOmega
11th March 2011, 12:46 AM
I am a male playing as the male trainer.

Jimbo - Boy - Hiker - Impish nature

And playing White for the forest.

Ultimate Glalie
11th March 2011, 12:47 AM
I'm playing as the guy, like I usually do. I set my nature to Jolly on my Trainer Card, although I'll probably change it soon.

Silent Conversation
11th March 2011, 12:48 AM
I'm playing as the guy, as I always play as my own gender for at least the first play through of a game. As for the nature and trainer type, I haven't chosen them yet.

DoubleJG3288
11th March 2011, 12:51 AM
Male, like always. I went with Pokémon Breeder over Ace Trainer this time around. For nature, I think I went with Jolly.

Felix Thunderheart
11th March 2011, 12:53 AM
I playing both boy and girl.

On Black is Boy name J.L. - breeder - Impish nature (I try base this close to me. J.L. is a nickname in school)
ON white is girl name Jasmine - Lass or Breeder - Jolly

Skibob
11th March 2011, 12:54 AM
I'm a girl in real life, but I tend to use both genders at some point in any given generation. I went with the girl trainer in White, then chose the boy trainer in Black. I actually quite like them both, aesthetically.

Monochromatic
11th March 2011, 12:56 AM
I'm playing as a guy. On both of my games, for a change. I just hate the female character's design...especially when I have to look at her...behind...every time I send a Pokémon. It's just...kind of...awkward, IMO...

I'm a Male Character names Norse on Black, as far as I can remember.

On White, I'm a...Hardy Male named...Mono, ahaha.

wearjo
11th March 2011, 1:06 AM
haha im gunna choose girl... have every time, (i'm a guy) because it always looks funny when a full grown man gets beat by a 10 year old girl :D

Araleon
11th March 2011, 1:06 AM
I'm playing as a guy, I like how he looks this generation and I am a guy, so it works haha.

Name: Josh. I don't like Hilbert as a name...

Umbreon9
11th March 2011, 1:10 AM
Female, because I am one. My name is Maddie, and I'm a Serious Ace Trainer (lol).

Larry
11th March 2011, 1:21 AM
I'm a boy named Cody and an ace trainer.

King Lawliet
11th March 2011, 1:32 AM
I'm male on Black and when I get started on White I'm going to choose to be the female and call her Zoey because I like Left 4 Dead that much. The nature of my male character is a Relaxed Ace Trainer

KickAsh
11th March 2011, 1:44 AM
Boy because I am one and I think the girl this gen looks stupid. My name is SH'ANE. All caps. With the apostrophe.

GalladeX
11th March 2011, 1:47 AM
Class: Ace Trainer.
Nature: Hasty.
Name: Evan.

B)

cazatron
11th March 2011, 1:57 AM
i'm the dude, my name is cazbar... i thought i'd have a sensible name instead of something like "titface" for once

Guy89
11th March 2011, 3:32 AM
I'm a Guy with the name of Justin (My IRL name)

Lorde
11th March 2011, 3:35 AM
In Pokemon Black version:

Luke - Boy - Ace Trainer - Lonely nature

In Pokemon White version:

Blair - Girl - Lass - Sassy nature

I bought both games so I'm playing as both characters. I usually stick with male characters, but I thought that it would be fun to play as a female character in Generation 5, so I went with the girl in White version. Luke is just a name that I really like, so that's what I named the male character.

Dr. Leggs
11th March 2011, 3:45 AM
I'm a male Quirky Researcher named Leggs. :p

Nibbles4Ever
11th March 2011, 3:48 AM
I always play as a girl because thats what I am. My characters name is Robin, just like in real life.

Cobalt_Latios
11th March 2011, 3:50 AM
In Pokemon Black version:

Luke - Boy - Ace Trainer - Lonely nature

In Pokemon White version:

Blair - Girl - Lass - Sassy nature

Similar concept here, except that I'm buying Black later on (probably during the summer time).

On that note, for White:

Renez (was going to do "Renée" but nooo, there's is no "é") - Girl - [did not know there was this feature]

Once I get Black:

Zen - Boy - [whatever I chose]

I'm male irl.

/CL

SHIFTER01
11th March 2011, 3:51 AM
Trish/female/lass/relaxed
I've always preferred the girl trainer. could be because she wears short shorts, could also be because Touya's hair is stupid and sticks out like 2 feet on either side of his head

;136; Dude

Vycksta
11th March 2011, 3:54 AM
Character: Hilda/White/Touko (( Cause yanno, being female and all... ))
Name: Vycksta (( Cause yanno, it's my name and all... ))
Nature: Quirky (( Cause yanno THE BEST NATURE FOR ME. BRB being a weirdo and laughing at stupid toilet jokes ))
Class: Ace Trainer (( Replace Ace for Sneasel, plz ))

This is for White. Not started Black yet.

Icing Sugar
11th March 2011, 4:06 AM
I'm a girl, and also prefer the girl over the boy (Black's design sucks imo)

I named her Klara, and... I didn't know anything about the whole nature thing xD I'll think about that later :P

Pseudo Lovely
11th March 2011, 4:09 AM
Name: Kaykey
Nature: Gentle
Class: Lass

I usually always play as a girl since I am one. I'm using the nickname my best friend came up for me as my ign. :)

And I actually like both the male and female character designs in this generation.

Ultimate Champion
11th March 2011, 4:27 AM
Class: Ace Trainer
Nature: Relaxed
Name: R

AuraChannelerChris
11th March 2011, 4:44 AM
Even though I'm a male, I'm picking the female trainer for the White version to reflect her origin. I'm naming her Hilda because I want to stick with the canon name.

PbjZ
11th March 2011, 6:02 AM
I'm the most unoriginal when it comes to names at times. But since R/S/E I'm usually a boy in one version and a girl in the other for fairness. So for Black I'm the girl cause I think Reshiram would match her better and when I get White, I'll be the boy. The unoriginality will be the names. Touko for the girl and Touya for the boy. lol...

Roxas013
11th March 2011, 6:17 AM
Gender-Male cuz i am 1
Name-Carbon cuz its sumthin new
Trainer type- im going 2 b a ace trainer if i cant breeder
Trainer nature-Adamant idk i lik that nature

Stardust .
11th March 2011, 6:31 AM
I'm a guy, but I like both designs so..

In White, I'm the girl, and her name is White... And in Black, I'm the boy, and his name is Black...

CombatWombat
11th March 2011, 6:40 AM
lol there is like no reason not to choose your own gender. and by the way has anyone noticed the girl trainer's GLUTIUS MAXIMUS in black and white when she throws the pokeball? its hard not to heh heh. anyway my trainer name
DORIAN
ace trainer
serious nature
my greeting:
the power of legend! let me show you!

ashhleeyy
11th March 2011, 6:50 AM
i'm the girl, named ashley (as I have in every single game and replaying) as i am a girl named ashley IRL. go figure. i made myself a quirky pokemon breeder since it seemed fitting. plus the combination on the card makes me look rather mad breeder woman -esque, which pleases me.

Moonlight_Tails
11th March 2011, 6:56 AM
Male: Alex - real name
Ace Trainer
Quiet: cause I usually am

pikadon92
11th March 2011, 7:03 AM
Traditionally, I would always play as a boy.

However, for this gen, the male PC look too typical or usual. Plus, I'm thinking of a talking snivy with its female trainer as a story.

Therefore, I may play as a female character for this gen, but I'm still not sure...

[ADDED] In the end, I picked the girl. Her name is Shira based on the japanese name of white. Bold Nature and Nurse as avatar (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HelloNurse):x
Guilty pleasure ensures......

Shadow_07
11th March 2011, 7:07 AM
and by the way has anyone noticed the girl trainer's GLUTIUS MAXIMUS in black and white when she throws the pokeball? its hard not to heh heh.

Bahaha, I couldn't help staring myself.

So yeah, in Pokemon Black I chose to play as a female, which I tend to do 90% of the time. Her name is Sandy, which is my nickname. She is an Ace Trainer, because those have pretty much been my favorite trainers throughout the generations. She has a Hasty nature, which is basically my own. :l

Cheska
11th March 2011, 8:03 AM
Playing as a female character because she completely rocks this time :)

Name: Cheska
Class: Pokemon Ranger
Nature: Sassy

There are a couple of different trainer types I would have preferred more, but I'll take what I can get.

Shuckle
11th March 2011, 8:10 AM
I pick male/female based on aesthetics case by case.

For Heart Gold/Soul Silver, I went with male, and for RSE I went with female. This generation's female frightened me. Muchly.

Either way, I invariably name myself Turtle. I guess I'm just weird that way. ^_^

Sponge
11th March 2011, 8:16 AM
I'm playing a guy, since I'm a guy I usually play as a guy for the main games. Then when the third game is released I'll play as a girl for a bit of variety.

Sean - Boy - Pokemon Breeder - Quirky Nature

EzzPeon
11th March 2011, 8:42 AM
Girl, named Jocelyn.
w00t.

Didn't set a nature yet ;P

Nostalgic Hybrid
11th March 2011, 9:14 AM
Playing as male. I didn't really like the girl this generation, so I opted for Black. I normally choose the guy over the girl anyway because I normally like their design better. The only region that I have a Kirk vs. Picard moment is gen three.

I am named Hybrid and have a Calm nature.
http://www.gotoquiz.com/pokemon_mystery_dungeon_personality_test
I had actually did this to find a suitable nature to put. It fit. I'm pretty calm. Runner-up was quiet, which is basically the same thing. (was my mystery dungeon player character too)

Miss Alexis
11th March 2011, 9:15 AM
I am playing as a girl

The Eleventh
11th March 2011, 11:39 PM
I chose male, my name, and I'm a Pokémon Ranger, as I don't want to be snooty and be an "Ace" Trainer. My nature is Quiet.

Safer Saviour
12th March 2011, 12:01 AM
The female this time around looks kinda like me - super skinny with super long, brown hair. I am disappointed that it looks like she has sideburns when she's walking left or right, I don't have those...

Name: Cat
Nature: Modest (Ha, I just wanted to be like my Espeon xDD)
Type: Ranger (the Ranger girl looks awesome this time. It's that fedora)

When I get Grey or whatever they call the third version, I may play as a boy. Depends on my mood.

Roll
12th March 2011, 12:11 AM
I'm playing as the boy this time. Usually games that I play for the first time I play as the boy, and in the third game/remake I play as the girl.

Name: Turtle
Nature: Relaxed
Type: Pokemon Breeder

Shiny Rokon
12th March 2011, 12:14 AM
I'm playing as a girl, cos i'm a girl. Although the girl sprite doesn't do much for me ~_^

Name: Kitty
Type: PKMN Breeder
Nature: Hardy

Eivui
12th March 2011, 12:55 AM
Skyler
Boy
Mild
Scientist

Ablepsy
12th March 2011, 1:30 AM
I'm a girl playing as:
Panda - Female - Scientist - Naďve
:D

DaTreeko =3
12th March 2011, 7:25 PM
I'm playing as a girl...cause I am one.

Whitlea - Female - Lass - Hardy
And no, my name's not Whitlea. ;D

Miss Alexis
12th March 2011, 7:28 PM
On my black version I am playing as a boy.

MagnetonNr1
12th March 2011, 7:35 PM
I'm playing as a boy, because... yeah... I'm a boy :p

Name: Turner (named after Gym Leader Turner (Clay))
Type: Researcher
Nature: Serious

pampam88
12th March 2011, 7:44 PM
I'm the naive ace trainer, Lynette! I chose Lynette because of a character in Rune Factory 1 named Lynette.

Ierdar
12th March 2011, 7:55 PM
I usually buy both games, keep one to work on my Pokedex, collect Shinies/legendaries/events/etc and the other I'll restart over and over and over, trading rare items(like the master ball and in previous games, TMs) over to my main file(In this case, White). My main files is always a boy and I always pick the fire starter.

However, often times I'll pick a girl for my other file...except this generation. After getting the water starter to trade over and playing as the female trainer, I didn't much care for the way she looked. So, playing through for the grass starter now, I'm sticking with the male trainer and probably will unless my next play through I forget how much I dislike the female sprite. =P

~_Cloud_Strife_~
12th March 2011, 7:56 PM
I'm playing as a Boy, as I usually do. xD
Name: Brian
Trainer: Ace Trainer
Nature: Modest

TurtwigFan1
12th March 2011, 7:58 PM
I'm Robert the Jolly Male Ace Trainer :)

travisjb90
12th March 2011, 8:07 PM
I am playing as a boy since that is what I am :D. My name is Travis. I am a Brave Ace Trainer.

Arcamenel
12th March 2011, 8:27 PM
Boy, Derrick, Brave, Ace Trainer -.o

Kalosian
12th March 2011, 8:27 PM
Playing as the boy in Black. His name became Snacko because I could not come up with something better, Relaxed nature, Ace Trainer.
Might play as the girl when I get White. Not decided yet.

Dreamseller
12th March 2011, 8:39 PM
Boy EVERY single time BABY! WHOOO

Myowu
12th March 2011, 8:45 PM
Girl! They finally made my gender look good in a pokemon game lol

smartie
12th March 2011, 8:46 PM
Boy, cause that's what I am. (although I'm always female in Ruby, cause May is awesome!)

Slowemperor
12th March 2011, 9:57 PM
I always play the first game in a Gen as male. I only try female in second run (Black/Grey).

Torpoleon
12th March 2011, 9:59 PM
I'm playing as the guy because I am one. I'm pretty sure he is Adamant Nature and I think I made it Ace Trainer. The name is Zach because that is my name.

bleeding-chocobo
12th March 2011, 10:00 PM
I'm playing as the male for my first playthrough, then when I restart, I'll play as the girl, since I am one.

AmusedMilk
13th March 2011, 12:57 AM
Guy, Ace Trainer, Austin, Don't know my nature.

Paradoxe
13th March 2011, 1:37 AM
Brave Pkmn Breeder. And I chose a girl, cuz I could. What then.

Darkmaster Rannon
13th March 2011, 3:31 AM
I chose the girl based on design alone. And the fact that most of my friends chose the male character, even the girls I know.

ur2ez4me2bro
13th March 2011, 4:42 AM
Undisclosed.

molozon
13th March 2011, 4:52 AM
I chose the male as usual , even though I know some guys that always choose to play as a female xD

ur2ez4me2bro
13th March 2011, 4:56 AM
I played as female in Ruby and Pearl. I played as boy in FireRed, Platinum, and SoulSilver though. And I'm playing as a boy in White right now too. Will probably play as a girl in Pokemon Gray, that *female dog* is hawt.

Quackquack
13th March 2011, 5:35 AM
Girl - Ace Trainer.

Green Eyed Lady
13th March 2011, 8:18 AM
Girl.

I'm a girl in real life and just tend to choose the gender that I am.

As for the other aspects...I didn't know that yet so I haven't done that. I guess I'll do that the next time I turn my game on.

Poke_Mania97
13th March 2011, 10:44 AM
I always play as the boy cause i am a boy!

My mate looks EXACTLY like the male trainer!
One of my mates called himself Paradox, which isnt his actual name
another called himself Cello cause his name doesnt fit!

Fan
13th March 2011, 11:38 AM
Gender:Male(I am one and see no reason to choose otherwise)
Type:Ace Trainer
Nature:Calm
Name:Bo

Nothing Special lol

Xinkc
13th March 2011, 11:47 AM
Boy...I tend to follow the advice in the manuals and not choose the girl. I find it to be a little creepy.

Aquarelle
13th March 2011, 12:04 PM
On Black, I'm a boy named Harry, who's named after my bunny. My character is a Hiker for some reason, and I don't know the nature because it's in Japanese.

On White, I'm a girl called Kiki, who I named after my other bunny. I have a quiet nature and I'm a Preschooler because my sister chose it for me. :/

ryluke1204
13th March 2011, 12:21 PM
name:ryan
nature:brave
type:ace trainer

Redstars89
13th March 2011, 12:30 PM
Playing as a Boy. Makes more sense to be your own gender.

cecil
13th March 2011, 12:34 PM
I choose to play as a boy just for the sake that I am indeed a boy in real life.
A Bold by nature, and I am a Pokemon Ranger.

Charoshi
13th March 2011, 1:36 PM
I'm a guy, and I always play the girl first run. Ever since Crystal, that's how it's been.I'm not really sure why, I just always choose it. xD

aclover
13th March 2011, 2:53 PM
I am playing as a Boy(because I am one.), I have set my nature as Quiet(I think...) and my name is well... my name(NOT aclover)
BTW, i love the fact we can team up with the opposite gender in the Battle Subway! ^_^

Juunanagou
13th March 2011, 4:44 PM
Since I am a girl I picked the girl character. Timid nature. And I'm the nurse avatar mainly because the game thought that was best suiting for me.

IconiQ
13th March 2011, 5:25 PM
Girl ( I don't know I have habit of picking the Girl)
Name: Yua / Nurse (LOL) / Relaxed

EzzPeon
13th March 2011, 6:48 PM
GIRL!
Just cuz I'm one.

Name: Jocelyn / Ace Trainer (Gotta love the blue hair, eh?) / Calm Nature.

vulpharos
13th March 2011, 6:54 PM
Girl - 'cause I am one.
Beth - (my IRL name)
Lass - ('cause she looks most like the real me xD)
Jolly Nature

Aqua Ring
13th March 2011, 8:36 PM
I chose the male character (because I am male in real life)

The name of my character is Diego
His "class" is PKMN Trainer (I don't intend on changing it, I like the sprite)
Hardy nature (that's what the game gave me, and I like it lol)

thins
13th March 2011, 9:46 PM
I've always like female heroines so I choose the girl

Elespeon
13th March 2011, 10:55 PM
I chose the girl cos I am one~
I'm a lass with a mild nature, eheh.

Endless
13th March 2011, 11:01 PM
I am playing as a boy, because I am one.
I am Adamant because my friends tell me I am, and it is a great nature in-game.
My multiplayer avatar is the Ace trainer obviously, but might change to kidergardener just for the fun of it.

Charizard256
14th March 2011, 12:04 AM
This time I picked the Girl because She has an awesome look, but normaly I Choose the boy. I named her "Masters" because of the new Doctor in House MD ^^

Raikou_fan
14th March 2011, 12:10 AM
This gen probably has the two best characters, and I chose the guy (mainly because I'm a guy). I'm an Ace trainer with a timid nature

Ringolevio
14th March 2011, 12:21 AM
I am a Girl, due to my own gender and preference. :) A Serious Ace Trainer to boot, too!

I'm happy. :) I've never been happier with the female character since Crystal. FINALLY, the Lolita connotations have been done away with! I'd been choosing the Male characters since R/S/E . . .

Ghost Dialga
14th March 2011, 2:03 AM
I'm a boy, so naturally I picked the boy.

Boy - Aaron- Relaxed - Ace Trainer

GoldNinja
14th March 2011, 2:15 AM
I'm choosing girl to suit my gender and my name will be Mia. The nature I'll pick is probably Naive :)

Giblie
14th March 2011, 2:34 AM
I will be playing as the boy when I get the game and name him Gin. Even though I'm a girl, it doesn't matter to me if I pick the male.
I'm playing as the boy on a ROM right now anyway.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
14th March 2011, 6:20 AM
I'm a guy, therefore I chose the Boy. The only times I ever chose a girl were...
-Crystal, I was sick of Golds sprite, and it was a new feature at the time...so not choosing her would feel like a waste
-Platinum, I got sick of Lucas' sprite, Dawns overworld sprite looked so much better

Freya
14th March 2011, 6:31 AM
Male/Rayne/Naughty/Ace Trainer. I wish I could be the Veteran.

AshMayMistyHikarifan
14th March 2011, 9:27 AM
I play the female, just like I was May in RSE, Dawn in DP, Lyra in Gold, and now Iris in White. I added a female symbol to avoid confusion with the gym leader. So far, I like Sevine, the dog, the cat, the deer, the swan (duckling's evolution) and possibly the field mouse for my team. I inadvertenly smacked the screen too hard with my stylus and froze the game in progress, should've saved! Got to retake the gym leader in the 5th gym, walk thru that cave to take on Plasma.

Tornadus
14th March 2011, 11:56 AM
I'm a guy. But I got one question: Why would you pick the girl if your'e a boy?

elorasheppard
14th March 2011, 12:07 PM

I think some people who play the game more than once like to play as the other character so it feels a bit different.

Personally, I like all my OT names to be in the same colour so I always pick the girl (as I am one). The only exception is the pokemon i got from coloseum as you have to be a boy.

Legendary Dreams
14th March 2011, 12:29 PM
Can someone explain the Trainer's Class / Nature thing? I'm sorta confused about it.

(As in does it affect the game and can you change it?)

I don't seem to be able to find any information anywhere.

Charoshi
14th March 2011, 12:32 PM
I suppose I forgot to say my nature and type xD

I'm an Ace Trainer, although I've considered swapping it for a nurse or scientist.

And I chose a quirky nature, cause I couldn't decide. So many of the options fit me well, so I just chose a very broad one.

flawlessazn
14th March 2011, 12:40 PM
I always play as the guy because I am a guy .. =]

cjo
14th March 2011, 1:00 PM
I play as a boy named Toast who is a jolly youngster.

blak
14th March 2011, 2:25 PM
I play as a boy.
His name is Trevor.

Seem
14th March 2011, 2:35 PM
I play as a girl because I'm a girl.
Her name is Seem.

How exciting am I.

NoHatPat
14th March 2011, 8:03 PM
I'm a dude and I played the Japanese version as a boy. Now I'm playing as a girl just for the heck of it. I really like both characters designs although in real life they would look strange... and I would probably scream at a girl dressed like the female protagonist during Winter. "It's Winter you dumb *dolphin chirp*!".

But yea I named the guy Dude and the girl Tori.

Jragun
14th March 2011, 8:45 PM
Last I checked, I have one thing, but not two things. So I'm a "boy." I'd rather be a "man," as I feel a bit odd being 28 playing as a boy, but then they'd have to create a different story for an adult. Oh well, can't complain too much. The game is still fun to play.
Anyway:
Name: Steven (my name)
Type: Scientist (because I'm a dork)
Nature: Lonely (the way I like it)
Phrase: "Yo! I'm MYSELF." (as I am known for saying "yo" a lot)

Ledyba
14th March 2011, 8:47 PM
I chose the boy, named him Thomas after myself. I'm doing the same thing when I'm starting with White.

Midnight Sun
14th March 2011, 8:54 PM
I'm playing as the girl in Black. I have a hardy nature and I picked the Lass character. I'll probably change it, though. I like a lot of the trainer types. :D

In White, I may play as the boy simply to have a change from Black. I only played as the boy once before in SoulSilver because I hated the girl's design so much. xD

Shadow XD001
14th March 2011, 9:15 PM
Name: Matt (IRL, too)
Nature: Naughty ;)
Class: Preschooler ;) (changing to something more serious)

gliscor&yanmega
14th March 2011, 9:20 PM
I'm playing as a male, but I think I may play as a female on Black at one point.

But at the moment, my male character is:
Name-Zylos
Class-Roughneck
Nature-Serious

I didn't know about the class and nature thing, interesting. Now knowing of it, I wish that the class and nature was shown through your character. I don't mean that they will look exactly like the class but just have some kind of feature that shows the class, and the nature is for their facial feature and body pose. But oh well.

Different reasons for different people.

Lots of people wonder what it would be like to be the opposite sex, and through this you can get a small feel of it.

Some just do it for the heck of it. No real reason for doing it, they're just doing it.

Others may like the female design more than the male design.

There's nothing wrong with it.

ABSOLute Zer0
14th March 2011, 9:43 PM
I always play as a girl in my original game. With my actual name too.

DaveCage
14th March 2011, 10:23 PM
Playing as the boy, i do in most games because i am one, but as some posters have said that if you play through again it might be good to go the other sex since it makes it feel a bit different

Starlight777
14th March 2011, 10:41 PM
I went with a girl cuz I am one, and I like White's design :3
I named her Yuki because...Hilda??
and I am a Jolly Nurse :3

Bakura
14th March 2011, 10:53 PM
On my US Black Version, I play as a girl.

On my JP White Version, I play as a guy.

*blush*

gatesy0093
14th March 2011, 11:49 PM
im a guy but i choose the girl for some reason. usualy coz since saphire the guy had a hat on that made him look like he had white hair (NOT COOL) so since then ive always chose the girl...

lol im a nurse with a naughty nature hehe

Bleu
15th March 2011, 12:00 AM
Male - Yosuke [Named after the P4 character Yosuke Hanamura]
Personal Avatar: Ace Trainer

Don't get me wrong. I don't play for the avatar. Since Gen I I've always cycled through the genders. In D/P/Pt I had a female named Tanya, so it's the male MC's turn.

Pir8Heart
15th March 2011, 12:44 AM
Boy, cuz I'm a boy.

Raiden cuz of my username (or possible identity crisis :P).

The nature of my male character is a Relaxed Ace Trainer

Srange, me too. :)

Painkiller2001
15th March 2011, 1:48 AM
I play as the gender I was assigned at birth.

BOY!

Typhlosionvsworld
15th March 2011, 1:51 AM
Look at my birth certificate. Boy.

Serenna
15th March 2011, 2:27 AM
Type: Parasol Lady
Nature: Modest
Name: Serenna

Mariya Shidou
15th March 2011, 3:57 AM
I went with a female this time as a result of a die roll. My name in this game is Vriska. I am currently set as an adamant Scientist.

No special reason, really.

AceTrainerKC
15th March 2011, 12:10 PM
Guy on Black Girl On White
Kasey Selphie ( i love final fantasy ) next play through will be Sakura
Elite Four Champion
Nature : Adamant Nature : Quirky

Ginji
15th March 2011, 12:13 PM
Guy on black
ace trainer
naughty nature

Girl on white
dunno yet
dunno yet

Charoshi
15th March 2011, 1:01 PM
Finally playing as the guy on my 3rd play through. Haven't decided on the nature or what not yet.

Royal Jalorda
15th March 2011, 10:39 PM
I'm the boy, because he kinda reminded me of Ash, but my name is Black, after the manga character.

Poke_Cannon
15th March 2011, 10:46 PM
boy, with a relaxed nature.

CaptainCombusken
15th March 2011, 10:58 PM
Always choose the boy... cos It's weird for me being a girl... although... I think on one of my three Emerald runs I was May. But that was the only time.

Male-Proby (Choice between Zack, Proby and Owen usually)-Scientist-Hardy

Silver Totodile
15th March 2011, 11:03 PM
I'm a guy, so naturally I chose the male character. He's pretty stylish this time round, isn't he?

Anyway, I went with a relaxed ace trainer, although both of them will probobly change soon enough... it was just the first one I thought of really.

As for names, I called my character 'Benny' generally because my name is Ben, but after four generations that got boring.

Evi3
16th March 2011, 12:46 AM
a girl, Evie, Pokemon breeder and nature is naive :P

MeiChama
16th March 2011, 1:04 AM
I chose a boy and his name is Jaden. Nature is Calm and he's a Ace Trainer.

LightingKimba
16th March 2011, 1:07 AM
I'm an Ace Trainer, who's a Girl, who's also Naive, and who's also named Kimba.

Leala
16th March 2011, 2:16 AM
I am a Female trainer with the name Leala
I am also a quirky Ace Trainer :)

KrayzieBuddha
16th March 2011, 2:33 AM
I usually play as a girl because of the design :p.

Trainer: Ace Trainer
Nature: Sassy or Calm (started out as Hardy)

SmashBoxxx
16th March 2011, 6:25 AM
Girl in Black & Boy in White.

DarumakkaImposter
16th March 2011, 6:31 AM
guy - black - adamant nature ( black and white games)

Pseudo-Unlegendary
16th March 2011, 7:14 AM
I'm playing as a boy. I am a boy. So...

That explains that.

(Relaxed-Roughneck)

Azulart
16th March 2011, 1:37 PM
I play as a girl,

because i like her *** when you start a pokemon battle.

travisjb1990
16th March 2011, 1:53 PM
I am playing as a boy because I am a boy.

pokemonbw01
16th March 2011, 2:58 PM
I'm gonna play it as a boy..

battle171
16th March 2011, 3:06 PM
I always choose the boy, just because I'm male myself. Quiet nature (since I'm fairly quiet irl), and breeder, since I'll probably be doing a lot of breeding when I transfer over my dittos from my SoulSilver.

Mogar
16th March 2011, 3:12 PM
Always the girl, mostly because I am a girl. And this is also the best look for Female character yet.

Hasty natured (It's how my mom describes me~) and Breeder since I do like to breed my Pokemon like crazy 8D

Shaymin44
16th March 2011, 6:50 PM
I'm getting Black &....
Playing as: Girl
Name: Shadow
Type of Trainer: Psychic

I don't know why I'm choosing the name Shadow...it just fits to me. Plus I'm gonna be a Psychic sooooo yeeeeaaah....they sometimes have ghost-type pokemon (Shadow)... :P

GirlsILikeThem
16th March 2011, 7:08 PM
I am playing as a girl, like I always do. The Pokemon girls you can play are always so hot. And this one shows off a part I like to see.

The name I chose is Quinn.

Type of Trainer: Lass

Nature: Quirky

Witchan
16th March 2011, 7:17 PM
I'm playing as Whitlea. Whitlea sounds better than Hilda, White, and Touko though.

Snivyfan
17th March 2011, 12:55 AM
Name: Chris.
Nature: Hardy.
Type: Roughneck.

Crazy Wailord
17th March 2011, 1:13 AM
I'm playing as a girl in White and a dude when I get Black.

For the girl,she's a breeder with a relaxed nature with her name being Cullen,my screen name.
For the boy,he'll an ace trainer with a naive nature with the name Mordecai because I love that name.

Invader Zim
17th March 2011, 3:07 AM
I picked..

Nature:Lonely

Type:Pokemon Ranger.

Mister Melancholy
17th March 2011, 6:30 AM
On my first game, I chose the boy so I could get Oshawott and Pansage and trade them to my sister. :P

On my "real" run, I chose the girl because I am one. Named her Melody as I always name my characters with names that start with "m". Timid nature and a nurse. ♥

Twilight-Kun
17th March 2011, 7:11 PM
I play the game six times, 3 as a guy, 3 as a girl, using the three starters

I don't tie myself to one gender, and I like the alternative dialogue if you're a girl or a boy

Dialgax
17th March 2011, 9:25 PM
I always play as a guy, since that's what I am, but all my friends (that are guys) choose the girl. And vice-versa.

Autumn Emolga
17th March 2011, 11:05 PM
I chose the boy. I like the girl's design, but choosing the opposite gender in SS was enough for me.
He's called Alex, my favourite name.
Trainer Class: Ace Trainer

LuitentantDan
18th March 2011, 4:42 AM
I'm a guy, named Dan, playing White for the Forest and Zekrom

PinkPalkia
18th March 2011, 4:45 AM
I'm actually a female irl, but for the last 3 games I chose female character. My brother needed a turn, so now I'm a guy character. >.>

Grei
18th March 2011, 5:01 AM
I'm a male, but my nature is "Hardy" (which doesn't describe me too well).

I'm contemplating being Hilda for Pokemon Grey.

triangle
18th March 2011, 5:08 AM
Playing as a boy in white but I'm defiantly picking the girl in Black, I mean why not have both?

Emperor Empoleon
18th March 2011, 5:21 AM
I'm playing as the guy with the name John. I wouldve chosen the girl because I like playing as the female characters..Their designs are usually better looking imo(Except Brenden > May :P). But I thought it would feel too weird..Having my Pokemon view me as a girl XD I'll probably go with Hilda for whatever remake/expansion version that they make if they decide to do so. I'd start over(especially since I'd love to experience the story again), but I've come too far already :3

And my Nature is Bold and my Trainer Style is Breeder :]

Eljokk
18th March 2011, 2:09 PM
Boy, Joakim, Adamant, Ace trainer. I usually play as the females in RPGs but for this one i chose to be myself. ;P

Jasper Kazai
18th March 2011, 4:18 PM
I'm a male, but my nature is "Hardy" (which doesn't describe me too well).Tap the nature on the Trainer Card screen to change it. You can change it at any time, and as many times as you want. Everyone starts off as Hardy, it's the default.

I'm playing as the female, because of dat ***. However, I just use my name. I don't care about it not making sense. I did the same thing for one of my Diamond playthroughs: I picked Dawn, but still used my name.

Shinigami-Gamer
18th March 2011, 8:40 PM
I picked male, ace trainer, quirky nature. I like this gen's trainer designs better than D/P.

Dasdardly
18th March 2011, 8:45 PM
Male, breeder, serious. Because I am. >:T hah!

bones090
18th March 2011, 9:07 PM
Male, Ace Trainer, Jolly. I like my one.

Lorde
18th March 2011, 9:12 PM
I got White version this morning but I decided that I was going to play as a boy instead of as a girl, despite what I said before. I like the female playable character a lot but I really just wanted to play as the guy for now. I'm only going to be using White version as my spare game so that I can trade over version exclusive Pokemon, so I'll restart it and play as the girl character once I've used it for my own purposes.

Oh, and he has a Modest nature. I believe he's set as an Ace Trainer as well.

Astral Shadow
18th March 2011, 9:14 PM
Male Ace Trainer, the ace trainers look better this gen anyways.

Nebbio
18th March 2011, 10:00 PM
Male, pre-schooler named Tony.

poke-lord
18th March 2011, 10:17 PM
Male, Quirky, Scientist, Jack

ZigzagZirk
18th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Female, Sassy, Ace Trainer, Zirk

SASS.

markus379
18th March 2011, 10:26 PM
I am going to play as an boy :)

Burakoru
18th March 2011, 10:44 PM
I'm playing as a boy, because, well, I'm a boy.

Cinccina
18th March 2011, 11:04 PM
Csilla (irl name) - Girl - Ace Trainer - Adamant nature
Im a girl cause im a girl, and I really like the looks of 5th Gen Girl Chars!!! (Loving the hair)

ImitationOfLife
19th March 2011, 2:17 AM
Playing as the male in Black. I will probably play as the female when I get White sometime in the future.

Goatmanjaro
19th March 2011, 2:41 AM
Male named Justin
Hardy- Ace Trainer

Skyshaymin492
19th March 2011, 4:47 AM
I play as a guy on Black Version, and a girl on White. Both are Ace Trainers, guy is brave and girl is modest.

cookies kill you
19th March 2011, 4:49 AM
Ted Male Jolly ace trainer

legendary master Jose
19th March 2011, 4:52 AM
Male - Jose - Ace Trainer - Quiet (just like me irl)

also funny stuff there is an "Ace Trainer Jose" in Opelucid gym. he has two fraxure.

SmartD
20th March 2011, 3:39 AM
I'm playing as a boy, because I'm a boy.

KawaiiJesus
20th March 2011, 4:19 AM
If I'd realised the girl would go all DATASS when you send out a pokemon, then I would've been her.
But Imma boy.

free2be_any1
20th March 2011, 4:19 AM
I'm playing as a boy named Michael since that's me lol and my sis is playing as a girl named Lola :)

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 4:52 AM
i dont know why but i named the male character on both my games " Black " for some reason

Xaby
20th March 2011, 9:17 AM
I'm playing as a boy, because MANLY MEN isn't an option.

Nah, just kidding. I'm playing a boy because I am role playing (since it is a role playing game after all).

PsychoIncarnate
20th March 2011, 10:28 AM
White
Hilda
Female
Naughty
Ace Trainer
Started with Snivy

Black
Hilbert
Male
Lonely
Roughneck
Started with Tepig

Definitely starting "Grey" with Oshawott (Though I already have all 3 starters in white, since I kept resetting black until I got them all.)

KawaiiJesus
20th March 2011, 5:43 PM
Boy Trainer named Electro, as a Preschooler (lol) with a Jolly nature.
I should probably change to breeder, seeing as I'm Masuda Breeding the place up.

metagrossman4
20th March 2011, 7:10 PM
The guy always seems to be more appealing

Ohshi
20th March 2011, 7:54 PM
Always the guy... (Although I wished I picked Dawn in Platinum...)

Forretress Fan
20th March 2011, 8:08 PM
I picked the Male as usual. His name is Kyle and he's a hardy nature.

mewichooseyou
21st March 2011, 1:42 AM
Girl. Name Gnat. I think I'm an office clerk or something like that and I forget my nature.

Black&White
21st March 2011, 2:06 AM
boy because I'm not a girl.

Generic User Name
21st March 2011, 2:08 AM
Boy, duh. I'm not a transphestite.

Ataian29
21st March 2011, 2:39 AM
i play as the girl to prove that there isnt gender based difficulty.

Super Moa
21st March 2011, 2:40 AM
I am playing as a boy because well, i am male duh. Not that it's bad playing as the ladies though, that's cool too, it's just my preference.

aaron-now
21st March 2011, 2:56 AM
As per all most of my playthroughs, I'm a boy. I was tossing up whether to be a girl on my 2nd run through, but I opted not to. (What I set my natures I forget, but I think I had a Modest, and a Bashful)
My names are Aaron, S1M0N, and Aaron. Yep. Cause that's how I roll.

Generic User Name
21st March 2011, 3:06 AM
Always the guy... (Although I wished I picked Dawn in Platinum...)

Why do you wish that?

Pkmn Breeder Jack
21st March 2011, 6:00 PM
Playing as a guy cause that's what I am. xP

ChelseaBang
21st March 2011, 6:29 PM
I always use the girl but this time I decided to choose the guy since I didn't really like the female..

BlazingCold
21st March 2011, 7:57 PM
Guy but I like the girl design better.
I'm an ACE TRAINER BOO YAH!
Hardy nature.
Panpour FTW!

Ghostfoot
21st March 2011, 7:59 PM
I'm always the girl. I don't get into the game as much if I play as the guy XD; Sorry but I can't take myself seriously walking around as the gender I'm not. I dunno how I did it in R/Y/G/. I think it was because I thought I was Ash. And Ash was cooler than rice and beans to me back then.
In Heart Gold I got halfway through the game as Gold but then lost interest :l I like to feel connected to the storyyy.

Anyway. I'm the girl. My name's Phantom. I have a rash nature and I'm an ace trainer 8l

Mister_SGG
21st March 2011, 8:00 PM
First time, boy. Second time, girl. Third time, I played as a boy.

FiremanLV5
21st March 2011, 10:48 PM
Ever since Crystal I've played as a girl 90% of the time, and always on my first playthrough.

This is my favourite female design so far - she kinda dresses like me, too, and has hair like I used to when I was younger xD.

I might play as a boy when I play Black though, just to vary it a bit.

SNaG
21st March 2011, 11:18 PM
Guy. If I was the girl, my friends would look at me veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery weirdly. And that's not the best thing for me. XD

epicmonster037
22nd March 2011, 4:49 AM
Even though i'm a guy, I chose the girl character, for White at least. I'll more than likely play as the boy when I get Black to transfer items and version exclusives and such.

I selected an Ace Trainer with a Mild nature, which is a bit weird considering most of the Pokemon I have on me at the time are physical based.

Mongerty
22nd March 2011, 6:23 AM
Boy in Black, Girl in White.

Really, I don't get why people are scared of being a different gender. Some of the best games have main characters that are opposite sex. (Mass Effect comes to mind)

I almost always play through a game as a girl if I have the option, because it can really change up how the mind perceives the story in an RPG. OF course, I always have both Pokemon games too. Maybe I would think twice if I was playing just once.... (although I did choose the female in Heart Gold, which is the only one I own)

Swampert96
22nd March 2011, 6:26 AM
Guy. Always the guy. /:|

Adeku
22nd March 2011, 6:28 AM
I'm playing as a boy. The only time I picked the girl character was in D/P.

Nijaskills
22nd March 2011, 6:43 AM
Name: Dave
Type: Scientist

but, come to think of it, an awesome one would be

Name: Bill
Type: Scientist

See if you can get the reference.

pikadon92
22nd March 2011, 6:50 AM
^Bill nye the science guy?

LordLati
22nd March 2011, 7:48 AM
I picked a male, scientist (because I am one, and a calm nature.

I might pick a female for white, if I appen to get bored.

PsychoIncarnate
22nd March 2011, 8:56 AM
My male in black is a roughneck

My female in white is an ace trainer

There teams have different philosophies. Sort of.

Though in Black I ended up with 2 fighting types since I forgot Emboar was fire/fighting.

Completely Insanity
22nd March 2011, 9:01 AM
I usually always plays as my own gender, a female, because I've never really thought about playing as the opposite sex. In HG however, I picked the guy because I hated the girl's design and because I thought he looked cooler. My in-game name is also always Flan.

PsychoIncarnate
22nd March 2011, 9:03 AM
I never role play as the character on the screen. I also figured I was myself and the character on the screen was a slave that was forced to follow all of my commands or suffer my wrath!

sleepyhealer
22nd March 2011, 10:00 AM
I play as the girl as my girl share the game with me.

pickgoldies
22nd March 2011, 6:42 PM
I'm playing as the girl. Name is Hilda, I'm a careful ace trainer.

Geekachu
22nd March 2011, 10:14 PM
Because I'm a boy I chose the boy.
And I'm an ace trainer so I had cool blue hair.

RedMage23
23rd March 2011, 9:43 AM
Guy. If I was the girl, my friends would look at me veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery weirdly. And that's not the best thing for me. XD

I picked a girl and my friends look at me weirdly. The only difference is that I don't give a damn. If your friends really judge you because of your choice of character in a Pokemon game, then they wouldn't be my friends if I were you.

tjb90
23rd March 2011, 5:07 PM
I am playing as a boy. I am a boy.

Pamizard
23rd March 2011, 5:08 PM
Female cause i am female. But if i get Black in the future, it'll be a boy

Shin'ou
23rd March 2011, 5:11 PM
Boy of course, but if I happen to buy Black in the future, I'd play as the girl protagonist

Littlemyuu
23rd March 2011, 5:15 PM
I play as a girl in my Black, since im a girl irl...
if i ever get white i play as a guy named Darin xD

Dragrath
24th March 2011, 1:22 AM
I have both games so I picked both to add a differential ace trainers all the way(rest are just exp fodder) or money fodder(rich characters + amulet coin)

HoennMaster
24th March 2011, 6:35 AM
On White I'm playing as the boy. name is Jaden. Gentle Ace Trainer.

I'll be playing as the girl on Black. Haven't come up with a name yet.

eonmaster_457
24th March 2011, 3:28 PM
I'm playing as the boy, as usual. Trainer name is Janssen, which is my name. Uhm I don't know if it's me or what, but the male character's sprite seems eerily familiar to another main character in another video game. (not sure if it's a yu-gi-oh) game or something.

HoennMaster
24th March 2011, 6:19 PM
He sort of looks like Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, that's why I named him that :)

palapala
24th March 2011, 6:56 PM
Why isn't there a poll in this thread anyway?

Thornmask
24th March 2011, 8:00 PM
I'm playing as the girl for White, my GF named her after herself. I'll be playing as a boy in Black who I might call Jacob or Steve.

Meloetta.
24th March 2011, 9:35 PM
Im playing with the female in white. I regret choosing her but I have far too much time invested in the game for resetting.

legendarypokemonmaster
24th March 2011, 9:54 PM
I have never chosen the girl trainer, but I've thought about it before.

oliviacage
25th March 2011, 9:24 AM
I'm girl and definitely playing like girl.

Enoch
25th March 2011, 2:23 PM
Boy
name is Enoch
Hardy nature

luna lucario
25th March 2011, 3:14 PM
i'm a girl (duh) and my name is luna. always has been, even though it's not my real name.

silver_phoenix
25th March 2011, 3:41 PM
I picked the girl trainer in my Pokemon Black Version, and her name is Seia. I named her the same name I use for my favorite RP forum. She is an adamant natured Nurse. lol.

Pucca_ness
25th March 2011, 5:48 PM
I've played as a Girl since Crystal because i am a girl. Pretty obvious reason to.

swampertlover5712
26th March 2011, 2:27 AM
I'm a girl, so I play as one in the games.

InfiniteBlaze
26th March 2011, 2:32 AM
A boy because I'm a boy.

DarkXWolf12
26th March 2011, 5:32 AM
I'm a guy - Roberto (name)

DSuchiru
26th March 2011, 8:00 PM
I'm a guy, but I'm playing as the girl in B&W. xD I really liked both designs compared to D&P (I think the guy's design looked really stupid...) but I decided on the girl and named her NINA (in caps lol. Keepin' classic style xD) She looks cooler : D I'm an ace trainer on the trainer card and my nature is Jolly, cuz I think I'm pretty jolly? : D

MM13
26th March 2011, 8:20 PM
Im a girl so I chose the girl. Named myself Mel. :)

Sert908
26th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Boy-Spencer-Ace Trainer-Adamant

Hikari Paradise
27th March 2011, 9:53 PM
I'm playing as the girl in White but when I start Black I will choose the boy.

Ace Trainer Alex
28th March 2011, 2:16 AM
Boy, as that is as I am.

Alex
Ace Trainer
Adamant

Kdude146
28th March 2011, 2:39 AM
Boy, as that is as I am.

same here bro

Krusiv
28th March 2011, 4:08 AM
I might go with the girl this time around just because I like the sprite more. My name will probably be Krusiv still, though, which might be weird since it sounds like a manly name. xD

-still haven't gotten my copy yet-

louisleelol
28th March 2011, 4:14 AM
I'm a guy in real life, but play as girl in White. (Always have played as female in all gens)
Name: Eve
Lass
Sassy nature :P

Grovyl
28th March 2011, 4:17 AM
Guy - Josh - Scientist - Brave

DasBoot
28th March 2011, 4:59 AM
I'm a boy, quiet nature, Kyle. Yes, that's my REAL name.

pyroecstacy
28th March 2011, 7:23 AM
ace trainer, boy, modest, Ryan. in my pearl im a girl beacause my sister gave it to me in the middle of the game. haha

Serebii!
28th March 2011, 7:50 AM
I'm am playing as a boy, Adamant nature, Ace trainer called Adam

Minchi Cinccino
28th March 2011, 3:40 PM
I'm a Parasol Lady named Shadow who hasn't bothered to change her nature.

SkittyOnWailord
28th March 2011, 3:43 PM
YIFFY - Girl - Nurse - Naughty. >_>