PDA

View Full Version : B/W Glitches Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ultimate Glalie
11th March 2011, 12:44 AM
Discuss any glitches you have come across in the games, or glitches such as the Sky Drop glitch (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop_glitch), the ones listed here (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_minor_glitches#In_Generation_V), and so on.

Personally, I haven't encountered any glitches yet unless you count this (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12071794&postcount=2118) as a glitch.

Twilight Gallade
11th March 2011, 12:57 AM
Here's a glitch that I learned the hard way. In Triple Battles, if two or more of your Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn, and if you have more than one Pokemon in reserve, then you're stuck. Basically, you choose one Pokemon to bring out, then it would allow you to choose another, but when you do, it says *said Pokemon* cannot be switched out now. Thus, you're stuck and have no choice but to reset.
The moral here? SAVE BEFORE YOU DO A TRIPLE BATTLE.

boar
11th March 2011, 1:00 AM
Here's a glitch that I learned the hard way. In Triple Battles, if two or more of your Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn, and if you have more than one Pokemon in reserve, then you're stuck. Basically, you choose one Pokemon to bring out, then it would allow you to choose another, but when you do, it says *said Pokemon* cannot be switched out now. Thus, you're stuck and have no choice but to reset.

I thought that originally but what you have to do is choose the one to send out, then the pokemon that it is replacing. Then you get to choose the second one.

Felix Thunderheart

Not really. It happen to me you might doing something wrong

Hejiru
I thought this thread was long overdue so I decided to make it. Discuss any glitches you may have come across in the games, or glitches such as the Sky Drop glitch, etc. and so on.

Personally, I haven't encountered any glitches yet unless you count this (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12071794&postcount=2118) as a glitch.

What's the Sky Drop glitch?

Umbreon9
11th March 2011, 1:01 AM
Nope, no glitches! (And I would like it to stay that way) But I'd like to see this thread later, because glitches are pretty interesting when you're not the victim.
I'd love to try the Sky Drop glitch, though. ;)

Twilight Gallade
11th March 2011, 1:05 AM
I thought that originally but what you have to do is choose the one to send out, then the pokemon that it is replacing. Then you get to choose the second one.

Wait...really? Hm...they could've made that a little more obvious, honestly.

Still, that helps.

Ultimate Glalie
11th March 2011, 1:05 AM
What's the Sky Drop glitch?Here's an article on it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop_glitch

I'll add this link to the OP.

Larry
11th March 2011, 1:23 AM

It happened to me but I didn't reset...I had one Pokemon left which was my Zebstrika and it wouldn't let me send him out and I clicked on my fainted Haxorus and it sent out my Zebstrika.

Another glitch is in a building I walked right on top of this old lady a few times and couldn't move until she moved.

R_N
11th March 2011, 1:26 AM
I don't think the verdict was ever final, but there's a decent chance that Sheer Force's ability to ignore things like Red Card, Life Orb, Shell Bell, and so on is a glitch.

DarthUr
11th March 2011, 1:28 AM
both my and my girlfriend's games wouldn't let us nickname minccino ChiChi

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
11th March 2011, 1:36 AM
Was it found in a trade?

rocky505
11th March 2011, 1:37 AM
both my and my girlfriend's games wouldn't let us nickname minccino ChiChi That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.

DoubleJG3288
11th March 2011, 1:39 AM
That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.

Chichis are breasts in Spanish.

Guy89
11th March 2011, 3:34 AM
When I'm picking a move sometimes it goes to a description of the move instead of using it.

Aruseus3309
11th March 2011, 3:57 AM
Hey guys, just curious.... is this a glitch?

When in the Celestial Tower in Route 7, after entering the 3rd floor, when you press B, every trainer moves a certain direction...I'm sure they only move towards the direction you're running from but I thought it was weird.

deokishisu.123
11th March 2011, 4:53 AM
i noticed that too. i was like 'WTF IS THIS TRICKERY?!', but i worked around it.

Monochromatic
11th March 2011, 5:00 AM
I have a really weird situation on my hands.

I'm walking on Driftveil Drawbridge for the first time on Black. Everything is fine; I pick up a Clever Wing off the ground. I walking on the bridge, and I'm surprised to hear the flapping sounds, but no feathers falling to the bridge. I really want a Ducklett for my team, so I'm looking all over the place. I've doubled back on the bridge, I've exited and re-entered. I'm not using a Bike or anything...All that's left is resetting (I saved just before the bridge, luckily).

Anyone else have this odd...glitch? If it is a glitch at all?

Missingno. Master
11th March 2011, 5:15 AM
I've yet to encounter any glitches of any sort, although there's talk on Bulbagarden that the gender ratios may have been screwed up. A lot of people are having trouble trying to get a male Scraggy, and someone reports that over half of his Pokemon turned out to have Careful natures, and he doesn't even have a Synchronize Pokemon, so it can't be that.

Actually, I think I may have found a glitch or two, both involving the GTS. It seems that former Shadow Pokemon can't be traded because of their special ribbon. The GTS wouldn't allow me to put my Mr. Mime up for trade, giving me the exact same line as if I had tried to trade off something with a Classic Ribbon. This was not the case in Generation IV, because I distinctly remember trading away my Sing+Dream Eater Froslass. Also, it won't allow me to trade my Skuntank. Nothing out of the ordinary about it, either. I bred it in Platinum, trained it myself, only ribbon is the Effort Ribbon. When I try to offer it, it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!", and then gives me some five-digit number in parentheses, almost like an error code. The only possible problem I can think of is that it knows Iron Tail. But the GTS doesn't ban trades involving stuff with moves that they could only get in past generations via TM, because I traded away a Shock Wave Chimecho with no problems.

Mario with Lasers
11th March 2011, 5:28 AM
Actually, I think I may have found a glitch or two, both involving the GTS. It seems that former Shadow Pokemon can't be traded because of their special ribbon. The GTS wouldn't allow me to put my Mr. Mime up for trade, giving me the exact same line as if I had tried to trade off something with a Classic Ribbon. This was not the case in Generation IV, because I distinctly remember trading away my Sing+Dream Eater Froslass. Also, it won't allow me to trade my Skuntank. Nothing out of the ordinary about it, either. I bred it in Platinum, trained it myself, only ribbon is the Effort Ribbon. When I try to offer it, it says "That Pokemon may not be offered for trade!", and then gives me some five-digit number in parentheses, almost like an error code. The only possible problem I can think of is that it knows Iron Tail. But the GTS doesn't ban trades involving stuff with moves that they could only get in past generations via TM, because I traded away a Shock Wave Chimecho with no problems.

...Just in case, go check if Iron Tail bypass Wonder Guard.

Just in case.

Iyashii
11th March 2011, 5:34 AM
I have a really weird situation on my hands.

I'm walking on Driftveil Drawbridge for the first time on Black. Everything is fine; I pick up a Clever Wing off the ground. I walking on the bridge, and I'm surprised to hear the flapping sounds, but no feathers falling to the bridge. I really want a Ducklett for my team, so I'm looking all over the place. I've doubled back on the bridge, I've exited and re-entered. I'm not using a Bike or anything...All that's left is resetting (I saved just before the bridge, luckily).

Anyone else have this odd...glitch? If it is a glitch at all?

Don't worry, it's not a glitch.
I had the same thing happen.

The problem was the "shadow" that yields either Feather or Ducklett can also appear on the black areas that follow the very edge of the bridge so it can be extremely hard to see.

Next time this happens, take a look at the bridge edges carefully.
Also be noted that you can hear the sound before you can actually see the shadow, so you may need to move farther on the bridge.

Missingno. Master
11th March 2011, 5:37 AM
...Just in case, go check if Iron Tail bypass Wonder Guard.

Just in case.

That would have bearing on whether or not something with the move could be traded? Eh, I'll try it, though. Should be easy enough. Dual wild encounter, send out Skuntank and Shedinja, target Shedinja with Iron Tail.

DarthUr
11th March 2011, 5:42 AM
That's not a glitch. Game Freak and Nintendo did something and made it where we can't nickname our Pokemon inappropriate names. Though i do not see how Chichi would be inappropriate.

they did a poor job of it
my girlfriend has a habit of giving pokemon she has trouble catching rude names
we now have a ducklett named A-Fer
not censored

Missingno. Master
11th March 2011, 5:51 AM
Yeah, the new nickname filter is rather flawed. One extra letter, number, character, or even space will make a name allowable. I tried naming a Fearow the F-word, nothing. Added an "e" to the end of it, success.

And it's not just cuss words and sexual stuff either (it's odd that "chichi" isn't allowed when "boobs" is, though). You can't nickname anything "Hitler", "nazi", or "9/11". It seems that anything that could be considered offensive to anyone is blocked. Oddly, though, "racist" is allowed.

DarthUr
11th March 2011, 5:53 AM
i'm off topic
but one thing i really can't stand is fear of words

my one and only cause is obscenity
mostly in scrabble...

Serebii!
11th March 2011, 6:08 AM
In the 8th gym on a Japanese game I found a tile that you can stand on that I don't think you should be able to, you are standing on nothing, I cant remember where this is

elorasheppard
11th March 2011, 12:52 PM
I haven't found a glitch as such but I was playing white on a ds with no working touch screen (not usually a problem with pokemon, the A button works) but when I was dragged to the music hall by Bianca you have to use the touch screen to put props on. I had to reset my game so I lost three hours :(

Missingno. Master
11th March 2011, 1:22 PM
Just encountered a glitch. I'm rebattling the Elite 4 to level up my Haxorus and Volcarona. Shauntal's Jellicent's Cursed Body activated on my Volcarona's Psychic. Now, ain't that ability supposed to work on physical contact moves, as opposed to any move?

Blazios
11th March 2011, 1:50 PM
Just encountered a glitch. I'm rebattling the Elite 4 to level up my Haxorus and Volcarona. Shauntal's Jellicent's Cursed Body activated on my Volcarona's Psychic. Now, ain't that ability supposed to work on physical contact moves, as opposed to any move?

That's not a mistake, it works on any attack. Serebii's description is wrong.

blak
11th March 2011, 2:52 PM
Fortunately, I haven't encountered any glitch so far.
And that's a good thing...

Missingno. Master
11th March 2011, 4:32 PM
That's not a mistake, it works on any attack. Serebii's description is wrong.

Oh. Well, that, and the anime making Frillish's Cursed Body only activate on Snivy's Vine Whip and Leaf Blade didn't exactly straighten things out.

kaiser soze
11th March 2011, 7:34 PM
I did have the game freeze after I tried to name a sandile. also I would agree that genders can often be less than random for 50/50 ones.

I would really appreciate a cloning glitch though =)

MagnetonNr1
11th March 2011, 7:39 PM
I haven't found a glitch as such but I was playing white on a ds with no working touch screen (not usually a problem with pokemon, the A button works) but when I was dragged to the music hall by Bianca you have to use the touch screen to put props on. I had to reset my game so I lost three hours :(

Oh - that could become a problem, as you HAVE to do this. No way to bypass it...

bippacooleth
11th March 2011, 7:43 PM
I think I've encountered a glitch, any explanation would be appreciated. Basically, I was training my Dewott in Chargestone Cave, fighting Ferroseeds. The weird thing was that all of the Ferroseeds were quicker than my Dewott. Now, Dewott was 6 levels higher than these Ferroseeds, and holding a Mystic Water, no speed reducing items. Ferroseed's have a base speed stat of 10 and Dewott one of 50, I cannot understand why I was slower :/

R_N
11th March 2011, 7:52 PM
I think I've encountered a glitch, any explanation would be appreciated. Basically, I was training my Dewott in Chargestone Cave, fighting Ferroseeds. The weird thing was that all of the Ferroseeds were quicker than my Dewott. Now, Dewott was 6 levels higher than these Ferroseeds, and holding a Mystic Water, no speed reducing items. Ferroseed's have a base speed stat of 10 and Dewott one of 50, I cannot understand why I was slower :/

By chance, were you using Revenge?

AmusedMilk
11th March 2011, 7:56 PM

Maybe you had a bad nature.

AmusedMilk
11th March 2011, 7:59 PM

Try a friend's DS. That should work.

.:Alex:.
11th March 2011, 8:15 PM
My game got stuck in a load loop upon attempting to activate the C-Gear one time. Had to reset.

bippacooleth
11th March 2011, 8:35 PM
By chance, were you using Revenge?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Now I feel stupid. My face is literally reddening as I type this :P thanks for your help :D

King Lawliet
11th March 2011, 8:55 PM
When I'm picking a move sometimes it goes to a description of the move instead of using it.
You're holding 'L' when you select the move, that's why it's going to the move description

BLUE-MEW
11th March 2011, 9:07 PM
not sure if this is really a glitch but 40/50 of my caught pokemon are careful and sassy natures... wierd coincidence or glitch in nature ratios?
(also 2/5 volcaronas is careful or sassy... i think something is wrong with my game, also also, 200 SRs on volcarona, not 1 timid 1... i must be really unlucky -__-

also a minor graphical glitch on victory road, far to the left on the bottom(past the ledge) if you stand facing the wall 2 spaces over from the border a black line runs across the boundry, not major, just wierd

also when entering the ruins(volcarona room) my game froze on a black screen as if it couldnt load it, had to SR, only lost about 20 minutes and 3 levels though so nbd (same thing happened on a random spot in grass before i beat the elite four, like it was loading to start the wild battle, but it just repeated the music and stayed frozen, i eventually just sr)

i think my games volcarona is cursed xD
... now that i think about it ive only seen like 10 male volcaronas...

The Oncoming Storm
11th March 2011, 9:37 PM
Its not a glitch its just wierd. My pignite is faster then cherens dewott even though he has a speed hindeting nature.

Embree
11th March 2011, 10:09 PM
I think there's a glitch with catching pokemon, or my mind is ****ing with me. Sometimes, it'll only 'twitch' once after throwing a pokeball and it'd say the pokemon was caught. I'm almost convinced I'm just seeing things - has anybody else experienced this?

11th March 2011, 10:11 PM
That's critical capture. You may also notice it makes a metallic noise as well when that happens. Critical capture is basically a random thing that happens, that significantly boosts the chance of capture.

bones090
11th March 2011, 10:11 PM
I think there's a glitch with catching pokemon, or my mind is ****ing with me. Sometimes, it'll only 'twitch' once after throwing a pokeball and it'd say the pokemon was caught. I'm almost convinced I'm just seeing things - has anybody else experienced this?

I have, but if it was a glitch it would be more complex. At least you get the Pokemon without having to wait for 3 twitches.

Ultimate Glalie
11th March 2011, 10:12 PM
I think there's a glitch with catching pokemon, or my mind is ****ing with me. Sometimes, it'll only 'twitch' once after throwing a pokeball and it'd say the pokemon was caught. I'm almost convinced I'm just seeing things - has anybody else experienced this?That isn't a glitch. It's called a Critical Capture (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/capture.shtml).

Missingno.Fan
11th March 2011, 10:24 PM
I don't know if you would call this a glitch but it seems like whenever I am riding a bike through the grass and I have a random encounter it seems like I freeze for like a whole second before something happens.

Pikawho?
11th March 2011, 11:18 PM
Not sure if it's a glitch specific to my ds or what. But whenever I try to log onto wi-fi using any 5th Gen games (my copy and I used mine to get the liberty ticket for some friends) it takes multiple attempts to log on (giving me error 52000, which is basically trouble getting and IP address). Fortunately when I do get on, it works like it's supposed to.

This is only for Gen 5 games. I've used all my 4th Gen games and they've logged on without any problems. So it's either the ds or the wireless security has changed with the new games.

The Eleventh
11th March 2011, 11:37 PM
I don't know if you would call this a glitch but it seems like whenever I am riding a bike through the grass and I have a random encounter it seems like I freeze for like a whole second before something happens.

That always happens to me, too. I've noticed that quite a lot. I run into a patch of grass, and I can't move, then about 0.5 seconds later, it zooms in a starts the wild battle.

In Accumula Town, after my brother had defeated Cheren, as the screen turns black to exit the battle, it froze.

Darkmaster Rannon
12th March 2011, 2:22 AM
This may just be me or something to do with the RNG, but I generally find the exact same 5 natures over and over again when I'm SR against a legendary.

Also, was on the GTS and it glitched up after I tried putting up my Zoroa, it showed that Mew as still on there (And it wasn't). Another check and it was the correct Pokémon though.

hever
12th March 2011, 2:28 AM
The old woman in the house on top of the hill in Driftveil speaks really slow. I mean the text speed is slow when you talk to her, even when I had my text speed set to fast.

The Oncoming Storm
12th March 2011, 3:42 AM
for those of you thinking that when you click on a move and a description com up its not a glitch when you hold down L it shows the descript instead thats why they removed the L=A option.

darkgamerGS
12th March 2011, 5:02 AM
My game got stuck in a load loop upon attempting to activate the C-Gear one time. Had to reset.

You can tap the screen to skip the loading...

The game does take a while sometimes when you find a Pokemon to load the battle, doesn't it? And I think that old lady that talks slow is supposed to talk slow so you know she's supposed to be a slow talker or something.

Glitches? Hmm... dunno if this is a glitch, but I did have a hard time dragging props off in the Pokemon Musical the one time I tried it.

DaTreeko =3
12th March 2011, 5:18 AM
^ Same thing. Props took like, 3 minutes to get off.
Besides that, I haven't a had any glitches. Oh wait- I've had one.
I was on the ferris wheel, and as it was, uh, turning, it froze for a second.
I just beilieve it was because we entered a Wi-fi area.
Good thang I don't have the nature glitch.
I wouldn't like my whole team to be Calm- or Modest.

Profesco
12th March 2011, 11:23 AM
Probably not a glitch, or at least not unintentional, but when you teach a Pokemon a move with more PP than the move you're replacing, the newly learned move has the same PP as the move it replaced instead of its own max PP.

But they probably did that so you can't just eternally restore PP by alternately teaching your Pokemon the same two TMs every time one of them falls to 0 PP, since TMs are reusable now.

You win this round, Gamefreak... >=/

HeadOverHeels
12th March 2011, 11:25 AM
Probably not a glitch, or at least not unintentional, but when you teach a Pokemon a move with more PP than the move you're replacing, the newly learned move has the same PP as the move it replaced instead of its own max PP.

But they probably did that so you can't just eternally restore PP by alternately teaching your Pokemon the same two TMs every time one of them falls to 0 PP, since TMs are reusable now.

definetely not a glitch

PokemonOwn
12th March 2011, 11:54 AM

It's not a glitch, it just happens. They gave the TMs an advantage, and then a disadvantage to balance it out.

It's weird, because for about four Pokemon I've fought so far, whenever my Levanny (Adamant) False Swipes it, and then captures it, it's Adamant. Lucky me. :P

Blazios
12th March 2011, 12:31 PM
The old woman in the house on top of the hill in Driftveil speaks really slow. I mean the text speed is slow when you talk to her, even when I had my text speed set to fast.

I'm pretty sure that's not a glitch. N talks faster than normal on every speed setting and Cheren points it out, so this is also probably intentional.

PKMN KING
12th March 2011, 2:20 PM
Does the evolution/trade glitch return or the cloning glitch?

Riversong
12th March 2011, 4:13 PM
Sometimes there won't be any sound on my side, during a battle. For example, I first noticed it when I was facing a wild Audino with my Archen, and it used doubleslap on me. It showed the animation for the slapping, but no sound could be heard except for the actual damage sound when the hp bar goes down (it sounds like a simple crunch). Using an item, it made the first bling sound, but not the ~restoring~ sound. I don't know how to explain this well. But now it occurs every so often, and it won't go away unless I turn the game off and back on.

Night Fury
12th March 2011, 4:31 PM
Sometimes there won't be any sound on my side, during a battle. For example, I first noticed it when I was facing a wild Audino with my Archen, and it used doubleslap on me. It showed the animation for the slapping, but no sound could be heard except for the actual damage sound when the hp bar goes down (it sounds like a simple crunch). Using an item, it made the first bling sound, but not the ~restoring~ sound. I don't know how to explain this well. But now it occurs every so often, and it won't go away unless I turn the game off and back on.

I've never experienced any volume related glitches with the game. Its possible that you're experiencing the glitches because there may be a fault with your actual DS Console, and not the game itself.

I've noticed sometimes, even though I have text speed on fast, text lags behind for even a second during battles. It isn't common but I've noticed it numerous amount of times.

Sizerdrix
12th March 2011, 6:23 PM
It's not exactly a glitch, but it has been mentioned in this thread:

The 3v3 battles where two of your pokemon gets KOed the same turn. You try to switch click one to switch and it won't let you.

What you have to do is actually click the first one, move it to the top of your list, then it'll either continue with the battle or make you pick another one to send out if you have another left.

Very badly explained and I only figured it out by pressing random buttons.

Endless
12th March 2011, 6:26 PM
Just a quick question.
Does the GTS evolution glitch still work?

WhiteForest
12th March 2011, 6:39 PM
-------------------
I just had that same problem =[ 3 hours of progress gone and i had finally caught that rare pokemon i was looking for

Sizerdrix
12th March 2011, 6:44 PM
-------------------
I just had that same problem =[ 3 hours of progress gone and i had finally caught that rare pokemon i was looking for

That's the problem I said, as I said above, what it wants you to do is select a pokemon and move it to the first slot, then to pick the second as normal, but it doesn't tell you that. Sucks to hear that there's a quite a few people who've had the same problem, but at least I don't feel so stupid now for not knowing what had happened.

Missingno.Fan
12th March 2011, 6:56 PM
The bikers speed up whenever you press the B button around them. I know it's been said before but I just want to confirm it in my game as well.

HeadOverHeels
12th March 2011, 7:11 PM
Just a quick question.
Does the GTS evolution glitch still work?
It does not. I tried doing doing it like I did in the 4th generation GTS, it did not work.

12th March 2011, 9:49 PM

Sounds like a fault with your DS, unfortunately. I suppose the only way to be sure is to try playing on another DS, and see whether it still occurs.

Black&White
12th March 2011, 10:03 PM
I had one Pokemon left while I was in the double grass. I tried sending it out but it wouldn't let me send my last Pokemon out so I had to shut the game off. Luckily I saved after hatching a shiny Munna, but still didn't save recently.

Ultimate Glalie
12th March 2011, 10:12 PM
I had one Pokemon left while I was in the double grass. I tried sending it out but it wouldn't let me send my last Pokemon out so I had to shut the game off. Luckily I saved after hatching a shiny Munna, but still didn't save recently.
UPDATE: If two of your Pokemon faint in the double grass at the same time, you won't be able to switch in any more of your Pokemon.I assume the problem you had was similar to the problems other people had with Triple Battles. You have to select which Pokemon you want to replace with the Pokemon you're sending out.

Black&White
12th March 2011, 10:12 PM
UPDATE: If two of your Pokemon faint in the double grass at the same time, you won't be able to switch in any more of your Pokemon.

Black&White
12th March 2011, 10:56 PM
I assume the problem you had was similar to the problems other people had with Triple Battles. You have to select which Pokemon you want to replace with the Pokemon you're sending out.

So it wasn't a glitch?

Ultimate Glalie
12th March 2011, 11:03 PM
So it wasn't a glitch?Nope, it wasn't. How to do that part just wasn't explained very well in the game.

rocky505
13th March 2011, 1:03 AM
Okay I found a very minor glitch. if your close your DS and open it back up after the time changes (Day->Evening) a little graphical glitch will happen. My screen flashed an orange color just now.

Porgon-XYZ
13th March 2011, 1:54 AM
This is a small glitch that happened recently that I can't explain. I just caught a Kyurem and put him in my party. A few minutes later, his Max HP increased by 1 point without using items or leveling up! When I caught him he had 279 HP. When I taught him a few moves with tms and used them in a battle, his HP increased when the battle ended!

Small glitch I'm not sure has been discussed: Has anybody noticed that when you teach a pokemon a new move that the PP decreases to the PP of the move forgotten?
Ex: Dragon Tail: 10/10 PP/ Teach Dragon Claw: 10/15 PP.

Snipehsheep
13th March 2011, 1:54 AM
I've had trouble with genders. I was looking for a male Blitzle, and I kept getting females. I had to have my sister trade over a male one from her game. I've also yet to see a female Scrafty. Also, I was trying to get a Rufflet, and I kept getting ones with keen eyes, and got a one with sheer force about 20 tries later.

It could be possible they messed up somewhere in the gender and such coding.

This is a small glitch that happened recently that I can't explain. I just caught a Kyurem and put him in my party. A few minutes later, his Max HP increased by 1 point without using items or leveling up! When I caught him he had 279 HP. When I taught him a few moves with tms and used them in a battle, his HP increased when the battle ended!

Small glitch I'm not sure has been discussed: Has anybody noticed that when you teach a pokemon a new move that the PP decreases to the PP of the move forgotten?

1: Thats not a glitch. It's EV training.

2. Also not a glitch. It's so you can
t just use tms to get infininte PP

Porgon-XYZ
13th March 2011, 1:55 AM

(Oops, posted twice)

SourMilk
13th March 2011, 1:59 AM
That was a change made to prevent people from abusing the unlimited TMs to not have to use Elixirs or Pokemon Centers to heal PP.

EDIT: It seems I responded to the second message, and it was already answered before it :/

Ultimate Glalie
13th March 2011, 1:59 AM
This is a small glitch that happened recently that I can't explain. I just caught a Kyurem and put him in my party. A few minutes later, his Max HP increased by 1 point without using items or leveling up! When I caught him he had 279 HP. When I taught him a few moves with tms and used them in a battle, his HP increased when the battle ended! EVs automatically get added to stats after battles in Gen V. This would explain what happened to your Kyurem. This also means that you're now able to EV train Pokemon that are at Lv. 100.

Ex: Dragon Tail: 10/10 PP/ Teach Dragon Claw: 10/15 PP.That isn't a glitch. It was intentional. Since TMs can be reused, people could abuse them by erasing a Pokemon's move (originally taught by TM) and teaching it a new TM, then overwriting that TM with the old one, thus restoring PP. That's why Game Freak made it so that when you teach a new TM, the remaining PP from the old move is carried forward.

Xman96
13th March 2011, 3:03 AM

(Oops, posted twice)

Neither of these are glitches. The first happened because now EVs are applied at the end of a battle, and not when a pokemon levels up.

Your second "glitch" is actually what GF intended. It's so that you can't teach a tm, wear the pp down, then replace it with another tm, and restore the PP.

EFIT: Ninja'd

DJK321
13th March 2011, 4:28 AM
I'm not sure you should call this a glitch but my two dss both get stuck after the mini-game during poke transfer. the ds with my white version keeps saying 'testing pokemon transfer' while the one with my soulsilver says 'you cannot return your pokemon'..... and whatever i press i can't get to the next screen. i have tried several times with no progress and i had no problems with the relocater. any help?

ur2ez4me2bro
13th March 2011, 4:40 AM
It's not really a glitch but, there are lots of delays in the game, and lag.
Probably because of the 3D graphics, which are too much for DS.

Spade616
13th March 2011, 5:37 AM
not really a glitch, but in some of the caves, you can clearly see the wireframes/wire outline in the graphics or whatever thats called.. also i can notice some graphical artifacts/anomalies in game. like my character turning into a graphical blur one time.

Pingouin7
13th March 2011, 6:06 AM
Are you 100% sure the Pokémon you are trying to trade are legit?
If so, then for some reason the game is considering them hacked.

In Accumula Town, after my brother had defeated Cheren, as the screen turns black to exit the battle, it froze.
Only two explanations possible:

1- Contact issue between cart and DS;
2- He's playing a rom on a (bad) flashcart.

It's programmed like this, but I'm pretty sure someone told you that already anyway.

The bikers speed up whenever you press the B button around them. I know it's been said before but I just want to confirm it in my game as well.

It's normal.
It's to prevent people from just running to avoid them.
Example: You see the biker, you think "If I run I will avoid it", but then it speeds up and catches up to you, which means you end up having to battle instead of avoiding it.
It's the same as when trainers turn around when you try to run past them.

Bladeedge
13th March 2011, 11:16 AM
When ever i try and post my random battle videos on the battle video dealie it says There appears to be a problem with the pokemon. and my pokemon arent hacked pretty sure teh 1s i faced arent hacked and my team is all on the gen 5 standards

Edit: I think its my Haxorus anyone know y it wont let me post battle videos with it in it?

MrDuckGuy
13th March 2011, 2:05 PM
When ever i try and post my random battle videos on the battle video dealie it says There appears to be a problem with the pokemon. and my pokemon arent hacked pretty sure teh 1s i faced arent hacked and my team is all on the gen 5 standards

Edit: I think its my Haxorus anyone know y it wont let me post battle videos with it in it?

Are you in america? Global link is down till march 30th

aclover
13th March 2011, 2:48 PM
I found out that in the celestial tower(at about 3F), if you press the B button, the direction the trainers face change. is it a glitch or is it intended?

Sponge
13th March 2011, 4:40 PM
I just saw something really odd on the GTS...

you know how it's usually the pokemon being offered that appears in a picture right?

Well in this one case the person was asking for a Carnivine and it's picture was the one on display not the pokemon they were offering for it.

PokemonOwn
13th March 2011, 4:49 PM
I just saw something really odd on the GTS...

you know how it's usually the pokemon being offered that appears in a picture right?

Well in this one case the person was asking for a Carnivine and it's picture was the one on display not the pokemon they were offering for it.

I think it's the Morphing glitch (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Global_Terminal#Glitches_and_manipulation).

choc-ice
13th March 2011, 5:54 PM
Not really a glitch as such, but I got defeated by a trainer in the basement in the Challenger's Cave where the background music is lower than usual. Later on I went into the Desert Resort and the music was still the lower version (it went back to normal after leaving and going back in).

aclover
13th March 2011, 6:03 PM
it does that, when you go deeper in most caves, like in the caves you mentioned and (Ugh, forgot its name....) Thunderstone (?) Cave.

Routine
13th March 2011, 9:47 PM
I just noticed yesterday that when I view my badges, the pictures of the first 3 leaders are grayed out, even though I got their badges. I'm not sure if it's been this way from the beginning actually...

MagnetonNr1
13th March 2011, 9:50 PM
I just noticed yesterday that when I view my badges, the pictures of the first 3 leaders are grayed out, even though I got their badges. I'm not sure if it's been this way from the beginning actually...

You need to polish the badges and the pictures will be more colorful again.

R_N
13th March 2011, 9:52 PM

You can shine your badges. Try that, it should brighten up the portraits, too.

XiledBrady
14th March 2011, 5:28 AM
In Nimbasa City if you ride your bike from the pokemon center and up past the battle subway the game will lag while you move, when this happened to me 1st time it freaked me out lol.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
14th March 2011, 6:22 AM
In Nimbasa City if you ride your bike from the pokemon center and up past the battle subway the game will lag while you move, when this happened to me 1st time it freaked me out lol.I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. The lag happens seemingly every single time. It's strange.

nxnja
14th March 2011, 8:53 AM
Not really a glitch, but if you use your bike you can make the grass start rustling quicker

Good for grinding audino

aclover
14th March 2011, 10:50 AM
It may not be a Glitch but...
Seeing as my DSi cameras don't work(no idea why), whenever I select the Xtranceiver option on my C-Gear, my Screen goes blank and the music plays on foreeeever. none of the buttons work when its like this, even the powere button! so in the end I have to wait untill my battery dies.

elorasheppard
14th March 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. The lag happens seemingly every single time. It's strange.

this

When youre going back and forth to the pokemon center and sports domes for the daily battles it can get quite irritating because it does it almost every time. The city music stutters a bit too in my game at the same time.

Bladeedge
14th March 2011, 11:49 AM
another problem here my game is like stuck on saving

Well my battery was near dead put it in teh charger and the wireless yellow light went off so i try and turn on the c-gear then when i tried to save my game is stuck on teh save menu but it wont turn off wont go to sleep mode wont do anything....what do i do?

Edit: finally got it turned off but just a heads up for any1

AceMan
14th March 2011, 12:10 PM
Ok, dunno if it's a glitch, but:

Twist Mountain, inside caves, my Swoobat against wild Gurdurrs.

Certain Gurdurrs' attacks are super-effective while they shouldn't be and vice versa. Example:

Wake-Up Slap is super effective (Fighting on Psychic/Flying)
Rock Throw is normal effective (Rock on Psychic/Flying)

But maybe it's related to abilities in some way?

Jenza1202
14th March 2011, 2:41 PM
I've been frozen out of double battles when switching one Pokemon just before the other faints.

for some reason the game thinks that there are two Pokemon missing from the field - and wants me to select to go to into battle - but won't let me select the second because there is one Pokemon in battle.

Very hard to trigger this glitch, but it's a pain in the rear when you do so after not saving for a while - so save before you go into a double battle.

elorasheppard
14th March 2011, 2:45 PM
I've been frozen out of double battles when switching one Pokemon just before the other faints.

for some reason the game thinks that there are two Pokemon missing from the field - and wants me to select to go to into battle - but won't let me select the second because there is one Pokemon in battle.

Very hard to trigger this glitch, but it's a pain in the rear when you do so after not saving for a while - so save before you go into a double battle.

I have heard about this from someone else.

Apparently what you have to do when that occurs is select the pokemon you want to replace the fainted one and then select the fainted one and it will send out your selection.

Ive never had this happen so Im not 100% sure

LanceTheDragonMaster
14th March 2011, 3:03 PM
My friend who got Black also experienced this!
He hadn't saved since the beginning{IDK} and had to start his play-through completely over.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
14th March 2011, 7:21 PM
Basically what your friend says is true. I experienced this glitch during a double battle against the two trainers with Zebstrika in Nimbasa city and what you have to do is simple.
If your party consists of more than 3 and and have fainted, what you need to do is click on the icon of your Pokemon and switch it with another Pokemon up in front.

Say if you revived two of your Pokemon while your other two in the battlefield are used as scapegoats. The two get hit and both faint in the same turn. Once the error states that a certain pokemon of yours can't battle ( the one you revived ) , click on the other Pokemon that is alive ( the other you revived ) and switch it to the front and do the same with the other Poke and the battle shall resume. No need to restart once this glitch happens. Spread this around the Pokemon Community and fan sites. Here's a short method of countering it.

>Revive two or more of your Pokemon with the other Poke as a scapegoat ( the team that will faint in double or triple)
>Click "switch" on the menu interface to move the Pokemon up front. If you get an error, click the redo arrow button and use another Pokemon on your team.
>Do not freak if you didn't save; this is just a minor glitch that shouldn't do any harm.

eatingleg4peanut
14th March 2011, 7:34 PM
It may not have been a glitch, but I saw something on GTS this weekend, guess it depends if the search goes buy Pokemon name or nickname. I looked for a zorua, found one but the picture was a different common Pokemon. I just assumed it was somebody trying to sheisty nicknaming another Pokemon zorua, but is it instead a glitch?

A_Merry_Snowrunt
14th March 2011, 7:36 PM
It may not have been a glitch, but I saw something on GTS this weekend, guess it depends if the search goes buy Pokemon name or nickname. I looked for a zorua, found one but the picture was a different common Pokemon. I just assumed it was somebody trying to sheisty nicknaming another Pokemon zorua, but is it instead a glitch?

That would happen to be the Pokemon Morph glitch that is present from generation iv. Nothing big, though it is bothersome to collector's.

Ultimate Glalie
14th March 2011, 7:36 PM
It may not have been a glitch, but I saw something on GTS this weekend, guess it depends if the search goes buy Pokemon name or nickname. I looked for a zorua, found one but the picture was a different common Pokemon. I just assumed it was somebody trying to sheisty nicknaming another Pokemon zorua, but is it instead a glitch?That would be the Morphing glitch (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Global_Terminal#Glitches_and_manipulation).

Falconx03
14th March 2011, 8:27 PM
This may or may not be a glitch.

I first noticed and encountered this when I restarted my HG game.

When I made it to Vermilion City and I would begin to ride the bike, as I strolled through the city the game began to "lag" for a few seconds but then as I moved away from the city to another route, the lag would wear off and the game would move at normal speed.

After beating the E4 in White, I began to go to search around, I noticed the lag would happen in Nimbasa City and a few other places that I can't recall at the moment.

For me, this "lag" tends to happen only when riding the bike and only for two to five seconds at a time.

PokemonOwn
14th March 2011, 8:29 PM
Can you see MissingNo/Bad Egg in this Gen?

bippacooleth
14th March 2011, 8:47 PM

When I made it to Vermilion City and I would begin to ride the bike, as I strolled through the city the game began to "lag" for a few seconds but then as I moved away from the city to another route, the lag would wear off and the game would move at normal speed.

After beating the E4 in White, I began to go to search around, I noticed the lag would happen in Nimbasa City and a few other places that I can't recall at the moment.

For me, this "lag" tends to happen only when riding the bike and only for two to five seconds at a time.

Yeah, I get this too, especially in Nimbasa when I cycle to the Stadium from the PokeCenter, its no biggie I think :P

Lorde
14th March 2011, 8:47 PM
I haven't really encountered any glitches in these games. I did have some trouble in a Double Battle when my Pokemon couldn't be sent out right after one of them fainted, but I'm pretty sure that other people have encountered that. I don't think it's a glitch per se, but it is rather odd. I was also under the impression that these Shiny prevention flags on certain Pokemon were all just glitches as well, since they only seem to affect Pokemon that respawn instantly. Anyway, apart from some strangeness here and there, Black and White seem to be almost glitch-free.

Felix Thunderheart
14th March 2011, 9:17 PM
Swithing pokemon in double triple is not a glitch just put the one you want to send out with one that faith. Click on the one you want came out first then chick on the faithing one and they sweap out

Stack7
15th March 2011, 1:57 AM
I taught my Axew the Poison Jab TM. Hadn't battled or anything yet and it said the PP was 10/20. No biggie but just kinda weird, unless I'm missing something.

Ultimate Glalie
15th March 2011, 2:06 AM
I taught my Axew the Poison Jab TM. Hadn't battled or anything yet and it said the PP was 10/20. No biggie but just kinda weird, unless I'm missing something.That isn't a glitch. The PP of the move you deleted was carried over. Since TMs can be reused, people could abuse them by erasing a Pokemon's move (originally taught by TM) and teaching it a new TM, then overwriting that TM with the old one, thus restoring PP. That's why Game Freak made it so that when you teach a new TM, the remaining PP from the old move is carried forward.

Stack7
15th March 2011, 2:50 AM
That isn't a glitch. The PP of the move you deleted was carried over. Since TMs can be reused, people could abuse them by erasing a Pokemon's move (originally taught by TM) and teaching it a new TM, then overwriting that TM with the old one, thus restoring PP. That's why Game Freak made it so that when you teach a new TM, the remaining PP from the old move is carried forward.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Tamaku
15th March 2011, 3:05 AM

That happened to me too- just after the last elite four member. -.-

Skydra
15th March 2011, 3:14 AM
Can you see MissingNo/Bad Egg in this Gen?
I don't think so.

I believe its just a loading issue; when leaving a route, the game has to reset the directions trainer sprites are facing in and the location of the sprites (ex. a trainermay have moved forward to challenge you but is meant to be in a previous position), as well as just other random things, so I'm guessing it just causes a bit of lag in transition between areas. Not a glitch.

Found no glitches myself. For people who believe the double and triple battles have a "glitch", they don't. You just have to tap the position you want the Pokemon you selected to be in when it is sent out. Like this:

1. Multiple Pokemon faint
2. Tap the Pokemon you want to send in
3. Tap the space you want it to be in, as in if your, for example, Raikou was in the middle slot in the Triple Battle, touch its spot to send your Pokemon there.
4. Repeat 3-4 on next Pokemon.

Snipehsheep
15th March 2011, 3:30 AM
Not much of a glitch, but if you go into the Wireless Union Room, and stand in the center of the Pokeball on the floor, the Lady in the top left corner loses her eyes...kinda creepy.

agent-redd
15th March 2011, 4:24 AM
wouldn't really consider this a glitch, it's just something that doesn't really make sense. when you go into one of the sports domes in Nimbasa city, the teleporter thingy send you up to the field. but then to return to the room by taking the teleporter on the field you"re also going up. .

Shneak
15th March 2011, 4:27 AM
I was trying to fight Charles (the Heartbreaker!) in a triple battle, a while ago. Two of my Pokemon died in one turn, and I only had one left to switch in. I tried to switch it in, but it wouldn't let me and it would send me back to the party screen. I would click on the Pokemon again (to the Shift? screen), I press Shift and it sends me back to the party screen. I had to SR the game.

That's the only one so far.

Nebbio
15th March 2011, 9:02 PM
My gym badges pictures of the gym leaders are all black and white apart from Iris. The same happened when I beat Skyla.

MagnetonNr1
15th March 2011, 9:06 PM
My gym badges pictures of the gym leaders are all black and white apart from Iris. The same happened when I beat Skyla.

Use the stylus to brighten up the badges. This automatically brightens the gym leaders' pictures.

aclover
15th March 2011, 9:26 PM
I managed to figure out the double battle glitch,
i just chose one, and clicked back a couple of times and chose another one.

BeastMasterLegend992
15th March 2011, 9:48 PM
I have never encountered a glitch ever in black so far WooT

Blazios
15th March 2011, 9:55 PM
I was trying to fight Charles (the Heartbreaker!) in a triple battle, a while ago. Two of my Pokemon died in one turn, and I only had one left to switch in. I tried to switch it in, but it wouldn't let me and it would send me back to the party screen. I would click on the Pokemon again (to the Shift? screen), I press Shift and it sends me back to the party screen. I had to SR the game.

That's the only one so far.

That's not a glitch, you have to choose which fainted Pokémon the new one replaces.

Endless
15th March 2011, 10:29 PM
Are we sure there is no GTS glitches yet?
Because i see all kind of people wanting R@m Lv 9 or lower. They are the most wanted pokemon and can't be caught in such a low level. So it seems like they want to keep the pokemon they dispotited for some reason. The other two oportunities are that they want a hacked pokemon or that they just want to take up space in GTS for no reason.

DR.gonzo
15th March 2011, 11:09 PM
Because i see all kind of people wanting R@m Lv 9 or lower. They are the most wanted pokemon and can't be caught in such a low level. So it seems like they want to keep the pokemon they dispotited for some reason. The other two oportunities are that they want a hacked pokemon or that they just want to take up space in GTS for no reason.

the amount of people i see asking for lvl 9 or under for pokemons that are unobtainable at that level is unbeliveable ..

also its not a glitch but. people offering up rubbish on GTS and asking for rares in return is shocking, tried to obtain all the black exclusives, and most where seeking legendaries, are high lvl pokemons in return.. FFS mayn!

Ememew
16th March 2011, 12:03 AM

Could be people trying to test if the glitch exists, I guess.

Snipehsheep
16th March 2011, 6:12 AM

You mean Ram, as in Reshiram? Actually, you can catch them that low. I think you can catch them at lvl 1 somewhere if you accidently killed them the first time. (Not sure, I haven't even beaten the elite four yet, I despise you marshall...)

DarumakkaImposter
16th March 2011, 6:38 AM
i dont know if this is a glitch but when i clicked bag it went to my pokemon party screen (in battle). i saved after the battle and re-calibrated the touch screen but it was fine. this is wierd 0.o

Shine
16th March 2011, 8:48 AM
Actually, you can catch them that low. I think you can catch them at lvl 1 somewhere if you accidently killed them the first time. (Not sure, I haven't even beaten the elite four yet, I despise you marshall...)

nope, if you defeat R@m when you battle them inside N's Castle, they'll immediately respawn as if nothing happened. You must capture them for the story to progress.

You might meant the one in Dragonspiral Tower, which will spawn after the E4 only if you defeat R@m while having completely full boxes and team, which will force the story to progress without you capturing them (because you can't, as you have no room left). That one....I forgot the exact level, but I know they are NOT level 1.

Ememew
16th March 2011, 9:05 AM
nope, if you defeat R@m when you battle them inside N's Castle, they'll immediately respawn as if nothing happened. You must capture them for the story to progress.

You might meant the one in Dragonspiral Tower, which will spawn after the E4 only if you defeat R@m while having completely full boxes and team, which will force the story to progress without you capturing them (because you can't, as you have no room left). That one....I forgot the exact level, but I know they are NOT level 1.

According to Pokearth on Serebii, the Reshiram/Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower is also at level 50, same as at N's Castle.

hugarh
16th March 2011, 5:44 PM
In the 7th Gym (the ice one) you can walk through three rocks on the patch of ordinary ground south of the last Blackbelt. It means you don't have to fight the Blackbelt first time around

UnoDS
16th March 2011, 7:33 PM

Wow thx, I was stuck in alot of double battles cause of this... Finally I know how to switch them properly

Ragdolleh
16th March 2011, 9:01 PM

That will happen if you hold down L and click the move.

(sorry if this has already been posted o.o; )

SerenadeSP
16th March 2011, 9:12 PM
You know guys that play the guitar? One of them appeared in Small Court arena and when I challenged him to a battle, he didn't move (he was still facing forward) but still responsed and the battle continued as normal.

I don't think it's a glitch so much as an oversight.

MagnetonNr1
16th March 2011, 9:13 PM
You know guys that play the guitar? One of them appeared in Small Court arena and when I challenged him to a battle, he didn't move (he was still facing forward) but still responsed and the battle continued as normal.

I don't think it's a glitch so much as an oversight.

No, that's not a glitch. Those musicians always face forward.

Porygandrew
16th March 2011, 11:17 PM
According to Pokearth on Serebii, the Reshiram/Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower is also at level 50, same as at N's Castle.

I can independently verify that Reshiram respawns at the Dragonspiral Tower at lv. 50 if you have a full box and party.

So many lillipups.....

Not a glitch, but something I think Game Freak should take into consideration - so far the only way to see the evolved form of your own starter is to evolve it yourself. At least in R/B there were a couple of trainers who had a squirtle/charmander/bulbasaur so you could actually see one of them. Maybe there could be an NPC character that had gotten their starter from the region's professor and it just so happened to be your own starter [or one of its evolved forms].

JamesRaynor
17th March 2011, 1:03 AM
Other then the game having a very poorly seeded random number generator I haven't encountered any bugs.

woot21
17th March 2011, 2:00 AM
To the people talking about lag on the bike in Nimbasa City you do realize you slow down when going up steps, and there are some steps to cross the stream, right?

woot21 out dawgs

elorasheppard
17th March 2011, 12:04 PM
To the people talking about lag on the bike in Nimbasa City you do realize you slow down when going up steps, and there are some steps to cross the stream, right?

woot21 out dawgs

Its after the steps as you go to the pokemon centre. just as your down with the steps, you keep going and it stutters as you pass the battle subway.

aclover
17th March 2011, 12:06 PM
Its after the steps as you go to the pokemon centre. just as your down with the steps, you keep going and it stutters as you pass the battle subway.

Mine doesn't, ive tried to do it... is it when your cycling exactly in the middle of the road? or the Right(->) side?

elorasheppard
17th March 2011, 12:44 PM
Mine doesn't, ive tried to do it... is it when your cycling exactly in the middle of the road? or the Right(->) side?

Right in the middle. If I go either side it doesnt happen.

Doesn't happen on the way from the other bridge either.

Princ3ssDani
17th March 2011, 3:36 PM
not sure if it's a glitch, but yesterday i did the in-game trade, the ditto for the rotom. i was looking for it today and it isn't anywhere in my pc or party, and i know i didn't offer it up to trade. :/
i need it for my all-ghost power party!!! ;093;

elorasheppard
17th March 2011, 3:40 PM
not sure if it's a glitch, but yesterday i did the in-game trade, the ditto for the rotom. i was looking for it today and it isn't anywhere in my pc or party, and i know i didn't offer it up to trade. :/
i need it for my all-ghost power party!!! ;093;

Is the Ditto not there either? Does the man speak as if you did trade?

Trainer Frankie
17th March 2011, 3:47 PM
Bike lag at Nimbasa? I notice it sometimes. I just assume that it's because I quickly get on the bike as soon as I get out of the pokemon center and the different sounds makes it lag. That might be it. Either way, the lag I've seen isn't much.

Rentaline99
17th March 2011, 7:20 PM
I was battling the scientist under the Village Bridge when her Seviper used night slash on my low lv Yamask and I survived with 1 hp.
Strange thing is, the mummy ability came up and then my pokemon fainted. After that, I clicked the next pokemon to send in and the game proceeded.
The pokemon did not get sent out and said my Yamask was still in battle, but NO POKEMON IS THERE. Everytime she attacks, nothing happens.
Creepy.
Very assy quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBPXcsLh4Y

Dialgax
17th March 2011, 7:43 PM
I've found a glitche-
On the 7th Gym (the ice one), in the area in front of the gym leader, the are 3 rocks that you can walk right through, enabling you to go right past one trainer.
Another thing is that when you fight Ghetsis in the end, he has a Hydreigon level 54, but Zweilous doesn't evolve into Hydreigon until level 64.

Dasdardly
17th March 2011, 8:04 PM
When you fight Ghetsis in the end, he has a Hydreigon level 54, but Zweilous doesn't evolve into Hydreigon until level 64.

Ghetsis just has hax. Not a glitch.

Dialgax
17th March 2011, 8:12 PM
Ghetsis just has hax. Not a glitch.
Never thought Nintendo would support that....lol

Tyrannotaur
17th March 2011, 8:14 PM
I was battling the scientist under the Village Bridge when her Seviper used night slash on my low lv Yamask and I survived with 1 hp.
Strange thing is, the mummy ability came up and then my pokemon fainted. After that, I clicked the next pokemon to send in and the game proceeded.
The pokemon did not get sent out and said my Yamask was still in battle, but NO POKEMON IS THERE. Everytime she attacks, nothing happens.
Creepy.
Very assy quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBPXcsLh4Y

A friend of mine had this happen to him too I believe. I sent him your video link on AIM so I'll see what he says when he comes online. I wonder what triggers that?

When you fight Ghetsis in the end, he has a Hydreigon level 54, but Zweilous doesn't evolve into Hydreigon until level 64.

That's just the same Shenanigans that Falkner has with Pidgeotto. SHENANIGANS! But honestly would you wanna fight a level 64 Hydriegon? The Level 54 one is bad enough.

-;248;

hugarh
17th March 2011, 8:39 PM
I've found a glitche-
On the 7th Gym (the ice one), in the area in front of the gym leader, the are 3 rocks that you can walk right through, enabling you to go right past one trainer.
Another thing is that when you fight Ghetsis in the end, he has a Hydreigon level 54, but Zweilous doesn't evolve into Hydreigon until level 64.

1) Was on previous page
2) Not really a glitch, more Game Freak wanting to give Ghetis the strongest Dragon pokemon as a challenge, but without making you grind to be able to beat him. Same as Falkner's Pidgeotto and Lance's Dragonite

Dillo1997
18th March 2011, 12:23 AM
I don't know If anyone else has noticed but on my Pokemon White Im not able trade haxorus on the gts
I think this is a glitch

Porygandrew
18th March 2011, 12:35 AM
2) Not really a glitch, more Game Freak wanting to give Ghetis the strongest Dragon pokemon as a challenge, but without making you grind to be able to beat him. Same as Falkner's Pidgeotto and Lance's Dragonite
I would think that giving Ghetis a low-leveled Hydreigon has more to do with seeing a Hydreigon for the pokedex than it does with Ghetis being Hax or Gamefreak being derpy.
A lot of N's and Ghetis' teams have pokemon that you don't otherwise see on trainers' teams throughout the game. As it is, I've yet to encounter a trainer with a Klang (can't find that one on route 18 or P2 lab or wherever he is).
Of course I've yet to see a Washibon/Wargle or zweilous, too...

Electric
18th March 2011, 12:40 AM
When I tried to upload my photo from the Pokemon Musical, it said something about "There seems to be a problem with the Musical Photo" and then it wouldn't upload it.

:( Pokemon Musicals are awesome, it's like watching a movie, you don't even have to do anything.

shortmicky
18th March 2011, 2:08 AM
Does anybody know whether there's particular criteria for trading on the GTS?

I searched for an Emolga and the trader wanted an Archeops for it.
Well when I attempted to trade my Archeops for theirs, it told me that it could not be traded, giving me an error code 31267. Dunno why. Just wondered if anyone else came across the same problem.

Plus when using the boxes moving a pokemon from box to box NOT using the box list crashes the game, I was moving a Golem from box 9 to box 24 but when manually holding it over the arrows, a message comes up stating "an error has occurred, Please shut down the console"

Cheers

JoshR
18th March 2011, 2:13 AM
I couldn't help but notice that the majority the people asking for Reshiram 9 and under (And a few Zekroms) Are offerers from Japan.

Oh and I was battling Thundurus with my Arena Trap Diglett and he still fled... Is it because he's part flying or what?

Mister_SGG
18th March 2011, 2:43 AM
When my Samurott uses Surf, his left eye is all... blurry. Has anyone else noticed this?

Missingno. Master
18th March 2011, 3:12 AM
I searched for an Emolga and the trader wanted an Archeops for it.
Well when I attempted to trade my Archeops for theirs, it told me that it could not be traded, giving me an error code 31267. Dunno why. Just wondered if anyone else came across the same problem.

That's exactly the same thing that happens when I try to trade Cofagrigus, Skuntank, or Marshtomp. Is your Archeops nicknamed anything that could possibly contain any offensive language? Because it's running afoul of the GTS's swear filter.

blackness777
18th March 2011, 4:44 AM
It's not exactly a glitch, but it has been mentioned in this thread:

The 3v3 battles where two of your pokemon gets KOed the same turn. You try to switch click one to switch and it won't let you.

What you have to do is actually click the first one, move it to the top of your list, then it'll either continue with the battle or make you pick another one to send out if you have another left.

Very badly explained and I only figured it out by pressing random buttons.

This first happened to me when I was in a Random Matchup battle, I was starting to panic because there's a time limit for your turn.

Pink Lapras
18th March 2011, 5:12 AM
Neither of these are glitches. The first happened because now EVs are applied at the end of a battle, and not when a pokemon levels up.

Your second "glitch" is actually what GF intended. It's so that you can't teach a tm, wear the pp down, then replace it with another tm, and restore the PP.

EFIT: Ninja'd

So is that what those Wing items are used for?

Ahj911211
18th March 2011, 5:24 AM
I was battling the elite 4 and champion for experience, and i went into the bag to put a lucky egg on my Chandelure, which was currently holding a focus sash. After i beat them and gained some levels, i went into the bag, looked everywhere, and the focus sash was gone. SO MAD! now i have to go through that BORING battle subway several times just to get another.

EDIT: I realized that the sash was lost due to its use during an elite 4 battle. I didn't realize it disappeared after use during in-game battles. I'll exclusively use the new one for online and battle subway.

JoshR
18th March 2011, 5:26 AM
Now that transform changes the ability, if ditto is paralyzed in a transformed state then becomes ditto when you switch out or the battle ends, he is still paralyzed which his ability, limber, shouldn't allow.

Rakurai
18th March 2011, 5:50 AM
Now that transform changes the ability, if ditto is paralyzed in a transformed state then becomes ditto when you switch out or the battle ends, he is still paralyzed which his ability, limber, shouldn't allow.

Abilities like Limber and typing only prevent the application of status. They won't get rid of it once it's on the Pokemon.

mmxmm246
18th March 2011, 7:37 AM
I found this glitch where you can walk through people that stand near water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6LeM3Pq5w

shortmicky
18th March 2011, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by Missingno. Master
That's exactly the same thing that happens when I try to trade Cofagrigus, Skuntank, or Marshtomp. Is your Archeops nicknamed anything that could possibly contain any offensive language? Because it's running afoul of the GTS's swear filter.

No my Archeops isn't nicknamed, it's OT is me and the trader wanted any gender/level. Strange

tombux
18th March 2011, 1:20 PM
A friend of mine had this happen to him too I believe. I sent him your video link on AIM so I'll see what he says when he comes online. I wonder what triggers that?

That's just the same Shenanigans that Falkner has with Pidgeotto. SHENANIGANS! But honestly would you wanna fight a level 64 Hydriegon? The Level 54 one is bad enough.

-;248;

and the 8th gyms haxorus

aclover
18th March 2011, 1:21 PM
I found this glitch where you can walk through people that stand near water. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6LeM3Pq5w

It doesnt work.
I just tried it, They must of used a Cheating Device to useWalkthrough walls and activated it when they just got off (from surfing) and un-enabled it when they landed.

Mario with Lasers
18th March 2011, 2:36 PM
Abilities like Limber and typing only prevent the application of status. They won't get rid of it once it's on the Pokemon.

If you have Limber and are paralyzed, Limber will get rid of it by the beginning of the turn (http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/limber). Same thing with Insomnia and Sleep, Magma Armor and Freeze, Water Veil and Burn, and probably Immunity and Poison.

Princ3ssDani
18th March 2011, 3:12 PM
Is the Ditto not there either? Does the man speak as if you did trade?

ditto's not there and the scientist is like i did the trade. :[

aclover
18th March 2011, 3:41 PM
ditto's not there and the scientist is like i did the trade. :[

i'd check everywhere you can deposit pokemon for rotom.
the GTS, Day care, Party, Boxes etc... Just to make sure.

Missingno. Master
18th March 2011, 5:14 PM
No my Archeops isn't nicknamed, it's OT is me and the trader wanted any gender/level. Strange

And it's not a foreign Archeops? Its name is "Archeops"?

I don't understand. There doesn't seem to be anything in the name that could possibly be misconstrued as intended profanity, not like "Cofagrigus", "Marshtomp", or "Skuntank".

mmxmm246
18th March 2011, 9:16 PM
It doesnt work.
I just tried it, They must of used a Cheating Device to useWalkthrough walls and activated it when they just got off (from surfing) and un-enabled it when they landed.

It works. I don't even own a "Cheating Device." Just keep trying it like the video shows.

Something~Kinda~Ooooh
18th March 2011, 9:27 PM
When I tried to upload my photo from the Pokemon Musical, it said something about "There seems to be a problem with the Musical Photo" and then it wouldn't upload it.

:( Pokemon Musicals are awesome, it's like watching a movie, you don't even have to do anything.

I'm having a similar problem with uploading Battle Videos. It says 'There seems to be a problem with the Pokemon in the video' so annoying!

Emperor Empoleon
19th March 2011, 12:50 AM
This seems really minor, but has anyone else ever caught a Pokemon after the Ball shakes only once? It's happened to me a few times now..Is it even a glitch at all?

Ultimate Glalie
19th March 2011, 12:54 AM
This seems really minor, but has anyone else ever caught a Pokemon after the Ball shakes only once? It's happened to me a few times now..Is it even a glitch at all?That's called a Critical Capture.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/capture.shtml

Princ3ssDani
19th March 2011, 1:45 AM
i'd check everywhere you can deposit pokemon for rotom.
the GTS, Day care, Party, Boxes etc... Just to make sure.

i did. still no where to be found. this saddens me :[

gx1xd1pd
19th March 2011, 8:33 AM
Those this count?
I've never failed so far using this tactic of button mashing L+R while in the capturing sequence and always captured on first try. I captured Victini with a great ball in first try, a lv 35 drudigon with a nest ball on first try, Cobalion with a quick ball on first try and other pokemon, still haven't gotten to Zekrom though and I haven't even gotten around to use my ultra balls yet.

Is this pure luck and coincidence or is this an actual glitch?

I use an old pretty beat up original DS and the L+R buttons don't work unless I'm button mashing. Oh and my team is : Serperior. Victini. Panpour. Gurdurr. Zebstrika. HM slave.

Ultimate Glalie
19th March 2011, 9:56 AM
Those this count?
I've never failed so far using this tactic of button mashing L+R while in the capturing sequence and always captured on first try. I captured Victini with a great ball in first try, a lv 35 drudigon with a nest ball on first try, Cobalion with a quick ball on first try and other pokemon, still haven't gotten to Zekrom though and I haven't even gotten around to use my ultra balls yet.

Is this pure luck and coincidence or is this an actual glitch?

I use an old pretty beat up original DS and the L+R buttons don't work unless I'm button mashing. Oh and my team is : Serperior. Victini. Panpour. Gurdurr. Zebstrika. HM slave.It's just a coincidence, nothing more.

tumerking
19th March 2011, 6:41 PM
I found out how to gain minimal xp. For some reason, whenever I use a high level pokemon (so far it's been lvl 60+) to battle an extremely low level pokemon (so far its been lvl 4 and bellow) it says I only gain 1-3 xp. Whenever I use a lower level pokemon to battle the wild low level pokemon I gain more xp (somewhere around 14-20).

Mister_SGG
19th March 2011, 7:10 PM
^That isn't a glitch. When you fight a Pokemon lower level than yours, you get less Exp. But when you fight a Pokemon that is higher level, you get a lot more.

magikarp_hater
19th March 2011, 7:55 PM
On some fully evolved pokemon, like Beartic and Golurk, I see sparkles when they enter the battle, but they're not shiny. Reshiram and Zekrom also do this. It probably isn't a glitch, but can someone explain? And only some fully evolved pokes do it. I dont think that Cheren's Serperior did it...

poke-lord
19th March 2011, 8:01 PM
On some fully evolved pokemon, like Beartic and Golurk, I see sparkles when they enter the battle, but they're not shiny. Reshiram and Zekrom also do this. It probably isn't a glitch, but can someone explain? And only some fully evolved pokes do it. I dont think that Cheren's Serperior did it...

is it a seal? or mabye the ball thety were caught in

JoshR
19th March 2011, 8:05 PM
is it a seal? or mabye the ball thety were caught in

There aren't seals in this game.... Have you ever used an action replay on your game? And what does the sparkle look like?

EmpressMyuu
19th March 2011, 8:16 PM

Hey, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out. This always happens with larger Pokémon, correct? I was very curious since the first time I saw it was when this trainer sent out a Scolipede. I checked its Pokédex entry online and found out that Scolipede weighs at least over 300 pounds, or more I think O_O Same with Golurk and Gigalith, they stir up a bunch of dust when they land and have a loud "CRASH" sound. Serperior is just above 100 pounds so it has a gentler "thud" sound, and if a Pokémon weighs even less the sound is even softer. Pokémon that fly/levitate/swim during the battle make no extra noise at all.

As far as my own glitches go, I don't remember any except MAYBE OHKO'ing a Boldore. But, I barely even remember if that's what happened.

JoshR
19th March 2011, 8:20 PM
Hey, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out. This always happens with larger Pokémon, correct? I was very curious since the first time I saw it was when this trainer sent out a Scolipede. I checked its Pokédex entry online and found out that Scolipede weighs at least over 300 pounds, or more I think O_O Same with Golurk and Gigalith, they stir up a bunch of dust when they land and have a loud "CRASH" sound. Serperior is just above 100 pounds so it has a gentler "thud" sound, and if a Pokémon weighs even less the sound is even softer. Pokémon that fly/levitate/swim during the battle make no extra noise at all.

As far as my own glitches go, I don't remember any except MAYBE OHKO'ing a Boldore. But, I barely even remember if that's what happened.

Oh he meant the thud that Heavy pokemon make when they come out.

ur2ez4me2bro
19th March 2011, 8:29 PM
Weird... I stepped on Audino Shaking Grass at the Giant Chasm and a wild lvl 100 Mewtwo appeared, I couldn't run away cuz he's fast, but surprisingly he used moves of Audino and I caught him and it was turned back to Audino but still lvl 100... O_o Stats of lvl 100 Mewtwo though...

poke-lord
19th March 2011, 8:32 PM
Weird... I stepped on Audino Shaking Grass at the Giant Chasm and a wild lvl 100 Mewtwo appeared, I couldn't run away cuz he's fast, but surprisingly he used moves of Audino and I caught him and it was turned back to Audino but still lvl 100... O_o Stats of lvl 100 Mewtwo though...

Ok well done you had my believing for a second there

Skibob
19th March 2011, 8:39 PM
I had something odd happen with Wi-fi.

I had about three FCs on my Pal Pad. I added a new one to go trade, and then went into the Wifi room to connect. While connecting, I got an error message (not sure exactly what it said as it was in Japanese) and disconnected.
When I tried to reconnect, it told me I needed a friend code from someone. Sure enough, all of my friend codes were deleted. Is this a glitch or something else?

EDIT: My friend code apparently reset itself, too... it's like my Pal Pad got completely reset.

Missingno. Master
19th March 2011, 11:07 PM
Did your Pokemon have Mold Breaker, or use a multi-hit move like Gear Grind?Either one would do it.

I had something odd happen with Wi-fi.

I had about three FCs on my Pal Pad. I added a new one to go trade, and then went into the Wifi room to connect. While connecting, I got an error message (not sure exactly what it said as it was in Japanese) and disconnected.
When I tried to reconnect, it told me I needed a friend code from someone. Sure enough, all of my friend codes were deleted. Is this a glitch or something else?

EDIT: My friend code apparently reset itself, too... it's like my Pal Pad got completely reset.

You changed which DS you use for accessing Wifi, didn't you? That would do it.

Mister_SGG
19th March 2011, 11:09 PM

This happens with heavy Pokemon like Gigalith.

Missingno.Fan
19th March 2011, 11:28 PM
Those aren't sparkles. It is dust being kicked up.

Grei
19th March 2011, 11:35 PM
^That isn't a glitch. When you fight a Pokemon lower level than yours, you get less Exp. But when you fight a Pokemon that is higher level, you get a lot more.

I swear, like 90% of the posts in this thread aren't even pointing out real glitches. I think I've only read one post in this thread that points out an actual glitch.

NotChip
20th March 2011, 1:07 AM
This is why I never bother reading the whole of these sorts of threads.

Anyway, the only one I've seen (that I remember) is through the GTS. I was searching for a Whimsicott and amongst the list of pokemon it found, one was an Oshawott but it was named Whimsicott. I would say it could have been nicknamed but that still wouldn't explain why it was being picked up on the search, as the GTS would check for the Pokemons' species ID and not its name. (Because if it did, then you'll never find a nicknamed or foreign Pokemon).
I'm guessing the Pokemon was hacked with an Action Replay or something of the sort and ended up a horrible mistake.
It may still be up there as I encountered that only yesterday.

Skydra
20th March 2011, 1:15 AM
This is why I never bother reading the whole of these sorts of threads.

Anyway, the only one I've seen (that I remember) is through the GTS. I was searching for a Whimsicott and amongst the list of pokemon it found, one was an Oshawott but it was named Whimsicott. I would say it could have been nicknamed but that still wouldn't explain why it was being picked up on the search, as the GTS would check for the Pokemons' species ID and not its name. (Because if it did, then you'll never find a nicknamed or foreign Pokemon).
I'm guessing the Pokemon was hacked with an Action Replay or something of the sort and ended up a horrible mistake.
It may still be up there as I encountered that only yesterday.

That glitch was common in 4th generation games and carried over to the fifth for some reason. I don't know why the developers didn't have a solution because they probabaly knew it was there in the games they made in 4th. Its not an AR hacked Pokemon most likely.

gx1xd1pd
20th March 2011, 7:43 AM
It's just a coincidence, nothing more.

Are you sure? cause I caught like six pokemon on victry road first try with just pokeballs. I still havent failed once at this I have like 70 something pokemon caught most in pokeballs and great balls

Crazy_Possum
20th March 2011, 5:18 PM
On my White Version, the game froze twice: first in N's Castle on the way to N and second in the battle with Ghetsis. This has never happened before or after these two times. Has this happened to anyone else?

EzzPeon
20th March 2011, 5:27 PM

Your game is either ruined by Action Replay or Gameshark, or you have really much imagination.

Are you sure? cause I caught like six pokemon on victry road first try with just pokeballs. I still havent failed once at this I have like 70 something pokemon caught most in pokeballs and great balls

That has nothing to do with a glitch, you are just lucky. And when the health is down to red there is a big chance you catch it.

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 5:31 PM
Ash only uses pokeballs. Duhhh......

Fataal
20th March 2011, 8:41 PM
I've seen two glitches or perhaps just new game mechanics.

First: fighting moves appear to be super effective against flying pokemon. Perhaps this is because they are mostly part-normal but I've never seen this before this generation.

Second: training my pokemon using Exp. Share and when I go to check on it, its max HP is higher eventhough the HP itself hasn't changed. No i haven't used in battle because its weak. I suppose this could be apart ofthe new ev mechanics but as for now it seems like a glitch.

Grand~Kingdra
20th March 2011, 8:47 PM

First: fighting moves appear to be super effective against flying Pokemon. Perhaps this is because they are mostly part-normal but I've never seen this before this generation.

Second: training my Pokemon using Exp. Share and when I go to check on it, its max HP is higher, although the HP itself hasn't changed. No i haven't used in battle because its weak. I suppose this could be apart of the new EV mechanics but as for now it seems like a glitch.

1. roost?

2. level up raises the stats? you gain evs through exp share also

R_N
20th March 2011, 8:47 PM

First: fighting moves appear to be super effective against flying pokemon. Perhaps this is because they are mostly part-normal but I've never seen this before this generation.
What moves did you use, what move di the flying Pokemon just use

Second: training my pokemon using Exp. Share and when I go to check on it, its max HP is higher eventhough the HP itself hasn't changed. No i haven't used in battle because its weak. I suppose this could be apart ofthe new ev mechanics but as for now it seems like a glitch.

THat would be the EV mechanic, yes

bippacooleth
20th March 2011, 8:57 PM
I haven't really noticed any major glitches, but there are quite a few graphical glitches in this game, I guess from the upgraded system, and also possibly because I'm playing on the original DS. There appears to be some kind of lag in the graphics quite often, for example the one in Nimbasa that has been mentioned before, and also when my brother is in my entralink, switching between a pokemon's two profile pages also causes several moments of lag, which scared me slightly when it first happened.

Gallade Dark Soul
20th March 2011, 9:00 PM
I swear to you that while trying to get a shiny zekrom (i don't normally SR for shinnies but i was bored), there was once where when it appeared, it was facing backwards! It flipped back like right when the battle started though..... It's like I tried fighting it so many times it got dizzy or something! XD

Mister_SGG
20th March 2011, 9:03 PM
I swear to you that while trying to get a shiny zekrom (i don't normally SR for shinnies but i was bored), there was once where when it appeared, it was facing backwards! It flipped back like right when the battle started though..... It's like I tried fighting it so many times it got dizzy or something! XD

First, it is impossible to get a Shiny Zekrom/Reshiram, according to Serebii.

Second, you lie. :@

TheHauntedOne
20th March 2011, 9:13 PM
I haven't noticed any major glitches in the game... However maybe I'm just being stupid here, but I can't seem to figure out how to switch my main pokemon during a rotation battle. I feel like I've tried everything, but apparently either my game is glitched, or I haven't figured it out quite yet. It's most likely the latter, lol.

At first I thought maybe only your opponent could switch out... But that wouldn't be fair now would it?

Phinocio
20th March 2011, 9:17 PM
I put the TM for flamethrower onto my Volcarona over Heat Wave. Heat Wave had 10PP left (10 max), and I hadn't used flamethrower once since I put it on, I get into a battle, switch in my Volcarona, and flamethrower had the remaining PP of heat wave.

I wutted.

Phinocio
20th March 2011, 9:18 PM
I haven't noticed any major glitches in the game... However maybe I'm just being stupid here, but I can't seem to figure out how to switch my main pokemon during a rotation battle. I feel like I've tried everything, but apparently either my game is glitched, or I haven't figured it out quite yet. It's most likely the latter, lol.

At first I thought maybe only your opponent could switch out... But that wouldn't be fair now would it?

It's the later.

You need to click on the fainted pokemon with the one you are trying to switch, then switch another in.

aclover
20th March 2011, 9:19 PM

Go to where you chose your moves and you will see a little rotate symbole, one going left, one going right. press one of them and chose the other pokemon's move!

Ultimate Glalie
20th March 2011, 9:20 PM
I put the TM for flamethrower onto my Volcarona over Heat Wave. Heat Wave had 10PP left (10 max), and I hadn't used flamethrower once since I put it on, I get into a battle, switch in my Volcarona, and flamethrower had the remaining PP of heat wave.

I wutted.That's not a glitch. It was intentional on the programmers' part. Since TMs can be reused, you could teach a Pokemon a new TM and then reteach it the old TM you made it forget to get the PP back up. Therefore the programmers made it so that the new move retains the PP of the old move to prevent this from happening.

R_N
20th March 2011, 9:20 PM

I wutted.

It's intended so you can't abuse TMs to never run out of PP

TheHauntedOne
20th March 2011, 9:34 PM
phinocio and aclover... So there IS a way, I just knew it. Thanks guys! I feel really silly right about now.

Electric
20th March 2011, 10:27 PM
I was battling a wild Cherrim and it was raining and it used Solarbeam, but it used it a turn early!

What happened:
Turn 1: Cherrim uses Solarbeam, begins charging.
Turn 2: The attack happened.

What SHOULD HAVE happened:
Turn 2: Still charging, because it's raining.
Turn 3: The attack happens.

Missingno. Master
20th March 2011, 10:43 PM
I was battling a wild Cherrim and it was raining and it used Solarbeam, but it used it a turn early!

What happened:

I don't think Solarbeam ever worked like that.

R_N
20th March 2011, 10:50 PM
I don't think Solarbeam ever worked like that.

Correct, it's never done that. Solarbeam's power is halved in Rain/Hail/Sand, though

Iron Beast
21st March 2011, 3:26 AM
im not sure if this is a glitch but when you run on routee 9 the bikers move faster than normal. it also hapens with other trainers on a vehichle. just felt like sharing.

Missingno.Fan
21st March 2011, 3:50 AM
You're seeing things

Grei
21st March 2011, 3:52 AM
im not sure if this is a glitch but when you run on routee 9 the bikers move faster than normal. it also hapens with other trainers on a vehichle. just felt like sharing.

That isn't a glitch, because it's a mechanic to keep you from dodging them, similar to how a trainer will turn to face you if you try to run behind them.

However, I did find something that could be a glitch relating to those bikers. If you're on your bike and just ride past them, they stay at their normal speed (as if you are walking). However, if you hold down B and ride past them, even though you won't be moving any faster on your bike, the bikers will speed up as if you are running. I don't know if that would be a glitch so much as an oversight, though.

Also, I experienced the Double Battle glitch. Both of my Pokemon were knocked out. I sent one in, and when I went to choose another one, it told me I couldn't send it in. I had to reset to my last save point. :(

Blazios
21st March 2011, 4:01 AM
Also, I experienced the Double Battle glitch. Both of my Pokemon were knocked out. I sent one in, and when I went to choose another one, it told me I couldn't send it in. I had to reset to my last save point. :(

Actually, it's the same as the Triple Battles. You still have to choose which Pokémon to replace.

zipzap713
21st March 2011, 4:02 AM
No glitches I don't think. Although in my JPN White, for some reason I couldn't nickname my Pokemon certain curse words.

Missingno.Fan
21st March 2011, 5:23 AM
No glitches I don't think. Although in my JPN White, for some reason I couldn't nickname my Pokemon certain curse words.
I don't think they let you name your Pokemon swears.

Gallade Dark Soul
21st March 2011, 5:54 AM
You're seeing things

U know, ur probably right. It was like 11 at night now that i think of it. Sorry for wastin space! U^_^

Aquarelle
21st March 2011, 8:42 AM
I don't think they let you name your Pokemon swears.

This is true. You are not allowed to give your Pokemon certain names anymore. So if you try to call your Pokemon the f-word or something, the game won't let you.

Shine
21st March 2011, 10:10 AM

What happened:

Solarbeam has always been happens on the second turn, unless it's sunny, which is instant instead of waiting until the second turn.

It never happens on the third turn. It's always first turn charges, second turn goes boom, regardless of weather, again unless it is sunny, which makes it instant.

Xaby
21st March 2011, 10:15 AM
This is true. You are not allowed to give your Pokemon certain names anymore. So if you try to call your Pokemon the f-word or something, the game won't let you.

*Chuckles* They would even ban their OWN Pokémon name. You need to nickname your Cofagrigus before setting up for a trade on the GTS. And no, it's not because it knows "Curse".

@Electric w/Solar Beam Rain issue

Solar Beam always fires at the 2nd turn unless the sunlight is harsh. However, under rain and sand storm weather, the damage is decreased by 50%.

PsychoIncarnate
21st March 2011, 10:37 AM
*Chuckles* They would even ban their OWN Pokémon name. You need to nickname your Cofagrigus before setting up for a trade on the GTS. And no, it's not because it knows "Curse".

@Electric w/Solar Beam Rain issue

Solar Beam always fires at the 2nd turn unless the sunlight is harsh. However, under rain and sand storm weather, the damage is decreased by 50%.

In his defense, I also thought that Solar Beam took 3 turns in rain.

creature
21st March 2011, 5:08 PM
you know when you have that long bit att the end, catch zekrom, fight n, read a epicly long speech, fight ghetis, read epic speach, long end credit's then finally you start back at your hourse with everything? my game didnt, it re started my outside the door to fight N i had to do this 4 times before it even saved ! MAJORLY VEXED after all that !!!

Porygandrew
21st March 2011, 6:04 PM
you know when you have that long bit att the end, catch zekrom, fight n, read a epicly long speech, fight ghetis, read epic speach, long end credit's then finally you start back at your hourse with everything? my game didnt, it re started my outside the door to fight N i had to do this 4 times before it even saved ! MAJORLY VEXED after all that !!!

....did you shut off your DS prematurely?

Lorde
21st March 2011, 6:46 PM
I've heard of people having trouble with their C-Gear. Apparently, a lot of games have been freezing up when the C-Gear system is turned on. I think it's a glitch in certain games. I was afraid that my copy of the games might contain that glitch but mine seem perfectly fine. I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced this glitch.

Sircharles
21st March 2011, 6:50 PM
The sky drop glitch is funny. I know of an extremely minor one. When you do multi battles with a computer the battle option screen is slow and it chops. Again it's minor haha I am very aware.

Nebbio
21st March 2011, 10:08 PM

I did this to. I was annoyed. But it only saves at the end of the credits.

Crazy_Possum
21st March 2011, 10:40 PM
On my White Version, the game froze twice: first in N's Castle on the way to N and second in the battle with Ghetsis. This has never happened before or after these two times. Has this happened to anyone else?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Ultimate Glalie
21st March 2011, 10:42 PM
Has anyone else had this problem?It's probably just a contact issue between your cartridge and the DS. Try blowing into the DS's socket (yes, this can work).

PsychoIncarnate
21st March 2011, 10:45 PM
I've heard of people having trouble with their C-Gear. Apparently, a lot of games have been freezing up when the C-Gear system is turned on. I think it's a glitch in certain games. I was afraid that my copy of the games might contain that glitch but mine seem perfectly fine. I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced this glitch.

Tell them to try and touch the screen. It seems to freeze on my DS lite, but it fixes when I touch the screen

GreenAiden555
21st March 2011, 11:58 PM
Okay, here's something I'd like to know:

My Serperior knows Dragon Tail. I was training in the Relic Castle, and I was fighting Yamask and Sandile, along with their evolved forms. I used Dragon Tail against them, and the battle didn't end. later tested it out against Sandslash and Onix in the lower levels, and the same effect.

Am I missing something here?

dragoniteKnight
22nd March 2011, 12:01 AM

it sounds stupid, but are they :pressing to continue: when the little warning thing comes up? i didnt and i thought it froze at first.

Zenotwapal
22nd March 2011, 12:02 AM

No longer can I call my pokemon d**kface

I haven't encountered any glitches

Lorde
22nd March 2011, 12:09 AM
it sounds stupid, but are they pressing to continue: when the little warning thing comes up? i didnt and i thought it froze at first.

I'm not sure if that's the issue with their games but that did happen to me. I got scared since I thought the game had frozen but I just pressed A and the game resumed as usual. I'll have to ask around to see what the real problem is. All I heard was that some people's games were freezing up when they attempted to turn on their C-Gear but I didn't get any more details.

WishIhadaManafi5
22nd March 2011, 12:33 AM

I've run into this glitch myself. Very annoying. I don't even bother turning it on when I have it off.

It only happens when I have it turned off and then try to turn it on. It starts and then freezes. Not good.

So if I want to use it, I'll have my DS plugged in, since it only has so much juice in it... and I'll use it then and not turn it off.

OMG potatoes
22nd March 2011, 12:41 AM
HAhaha I reset my ds after I beat N too. I wasn't paying attention and I thought it saved for me like it does in every other game

Royal Jalorda
22nd March 2011, 12:48 AM
I don't know if this counts as a glitch, but here it goes:

I was randomly on a bridge searching for a Swanna until I finally found one.
I used a grass-type attack on it, but for some weird reason I got a super effective hit
for it.

Can someone explain this?

Pokemonfangrl
22nd March 2011, 1:20 AM
um i'm not sure but isnt swanna a water+flying type?
grass is strong against water so no glitch (i think)

Ultimate Glalie
22nd March 2011, 1:24 AM
I don't know if this counts as a glitch, but here it goes:

I was randomly on a bridge searching for a Swanna until I finally found one.
I used a grass-type attack on it, but for some weird reason I got a super effective hit
for it.

Can someone explain this?Did it use Roost before your attack landed? That would have removed its Flying type temporarily.

um i'm not sure but isnt swanna a water+flying type?
grass is strong against water so no glitch (i think)Grass is super-effective against Water and not very effective against Flying, therefore making it neutral on Swanna.

light_angel_7
22nd March 2011, 1:34 AM
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but when I check my pokemon's summary and then press the up and down button at a fast pace the pokemon's sprite disappears.

Also the prop man has not given me any props in the past few days even though I don't have all of the props. Is this a glitch?

sticktendo
22nd March 2011, 1:48 AM
Hey I noticed this a few times and I'd like some clarification.

I've noticed a few "type detection" glitches in my game. Can't really recall any examples at the moment, but someone mentioned earlier in this thread how a WakeUp Slap was super effective on a Swoobat.

What is this I don't even.

Pokemom
22nd March 2011, 2:01 AM
I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but when I check my pokemon's summary and then press the up and down button at a fast pace the pokemon's sprite disappears.

Also the prop man has not given me any props in the past few days even though I don't have all of the props. Is this a glitch?

dunno about that sprite, but the prop guy only gives 1 prop across each of 4 visits...any claims to "get all 99" are incorrect.

Re: "nature chains"

check your trainer card. The touch screen lets you set a "trainer nature" and this setting influences the natures of the wilds. Previously caught 'mon may also see a change in nature if you carry them long enough.

Someone in one of the early towns (Acumula?) will tell you "you pokemon are starting to resemble you" (or some such). This has to do with the coding to match poke nature with trainer nature.

for prop guy and nature citations...go buy v.1 of the game guide - they're both in there :P

Mario with Lasers
22nd March 2011, 2:38 AM
dunno about that sprite, but the prop guy only gives 1 prop across each of 4 visits...any claims to "get all 99" are incorrect.

Re: "nature chains"

check your trainer card. The touch screen lets you set a "trainer nature" and this setting influences the natures of the wilds. Previously caught 'mon may also see a change in nature if you carry them long enough.

Someone in one of the early towns (Acumula?) will tell you "you pokemon are starting to resemble you" (or some such). This has to do with the coding to match poke nature with trainer nature.

for prop guy and nature citations...go buy v.1 of the game guide - they're both in there :P

Huhhh do we have any article or thread or research anywhere for this?

Rakurai
22nd March 2011, 2:42 AM
If that were true, I'd think some of my Pokemon would've had their nature change by now, seeing as they've been in my party for close to 200 hours worth of playtime.

Pokemom
22nd March 2011, 5:03 AM
Huhhh do we have any article or thread or research anywhere for this?

hello!! Game guide! ...The Official Pokemon Strategy Guide: Volume 1 - released with the game at MSRP 19.99 (US)

page 8, Daily Events: Opelucid City "man gives a Prop a day until you've received all four of them"

see also page 161/165

(161 is a reference to the blurb box under the Gym layout for Black, 165 gives....)

p. 165: "he will give you four different Props"

p. 164 lists them as Big bag, Fluffy beard, Gift Box, Scarlet Hat. After receiving all four I have since been unable to receive any more. Will advise on whether this changes after I make my 2nd E4 run, but I doubt it will.

If that were true, I'd think some of my Pokemon would've had their nature change by now, seeing as they've been in my party for close to 200 hours worth of playtime.

It'll take some hunting to find the Trainer Card reference in the Guide. Not all 'mon will adjust, and it does seem that it takes a different amount of time for each one (not sure if it's individual or specie related). My starter adjusted, though the magikarp (now Gyarados) has not.

I have noticed a difference in the wild natures that jump me when I change my Trainer Nature...more help playing with this feature would be greatly appreciated.

edit: clarification

"adjust" not "change completely" -- it seems to be a compatibility thing....for instance:

you set the trainer nature to Lonely (Attack+, def-) and catch a Hardy (neutral). After traveling and battling with it (make it happy!) you might find it's nature has changed to an At-friendly one (Lonely/Brave/Adamant/Naughty). Likewise if you catch...say a Bold (Df+, At-) it might adjust to a more neutral nature. Now this is not written anywhere, but it seems to be what I'm seeing in my game.

Too, once the trainer Nature is set you seem to be more likely to see complimentary wild 'mon (At-friendly trainer yields more At-friendly 'mon).

again: more research is needed