PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Nickname Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

wearjo
11th March 2011, 12:10 AM
All you have to do is tell us what you will be nicknaming your pokemon and why:
No swear words or any other rude or gross words (there are kids as little as 6 visiting this site)
Please tell us a nickname that is appropriate to the pokemon ur nicknaming
Follow these simple rules and your all good to go :)

Some tips on how to get a good pokemon name:
Use the nature, maybe some of the name of the preevolved form of the pokemon, it's characteristic, it's type, maybe even it's move...
another tip is that it is also good to take a bit of its look :)
Enjoy

bobandbill
11th March 2011, 12:26 AM
Approving, but a warning in advance to explain nicknames your chose or so forth so this thread is more than a 'I called this ____' (ie. a postcount +1) thread.

magikot
11th March 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm breeding a fun team on my white game I'm naming "Team DURP!" which is basically a team made up of pokemon with silly or durpy faces.

Conkledurr (ConkleDURP)
Stunfisk (DURPafish)
Swoobat (DURPabat)
Garbodor (GarboDURP)
Vanilluxe (DURPacone)

I haven't decided who I want for the 6th spot yet.

Duffle Bag Boy
11th March 2011, 12:36 AM
I named my Serperior 'Smugleaf', I'm sure you can all see the reasoning for it. Nicknamed Galvantula 'Elecnid' (Electricity + Arachnid), and Panpour 'Muffin Top', though that doesn't really apply for its evolution. My (soon to be) Braviary is nicknamed America.

locomo
11th March 2011, 12:36 AM
I want cute or clever names for my pokemon.

Chandelure - Luminyte (iluminate refering to the fact that chandelure family is a form of light and fire... 'nyte' -> night since its a ghost type.)

Escavalier - Sir Knight (hes a knight... lol)

noobers
11th March 2011, 12:37 AM
I only nicknamed my Krookodile. It's named "Horatio" and it has the BlackGlasses equipped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

Flinchtastic!
11th March 2011, 12:38 AM
This my current team in game. :)

Debbie - Crustle

I based this name on Cruste's pre-evolved form. Plus Debbie is a pretty name for a girl hermit crab! :P

Dee - Deino

I was going to name him Dino as a reference to the flintstone, but this was my first choice

Lily - Stoutland

Also Named after it's pre-evolved form

Woo - Swoobat

He loves to "Woo" the ladies with that little heart shape on his face!

Chewy - Beartic

Reminds me of Chubaka from starwars 8D

Blitz - Emboar

I really Dunno!

rocky505
11th March 2011, 12:40 AM
I nicknamed my Oshawott "Musashi" after a legendary samurai. Named my Timburr "Miyagi" after Mr.Miyagi on the Karate Kid.

Monochromatic
11th March 2011, 12:43 AM
I themed my White team around Norse mythology. The pickings were slim, so...

Samurott - Fenrir, only one who fit that name.
Lilligant - Yggdrasill, the Tree of Life, because of the Grass Typing.
Scrafty - Beowulf, the fighter :D
Golurk - Thor, he's big and scary, that is all.
Chandelure - Loki, the mischievous God. Fitting, huh?
Reuniclus - Ragnarok. Not sure why. Both begin with "R", so..

Flinchtastic!
11th March 2011, 12:47 AM
I themed my White team around Norse mythology. The pickings were slim, so...

Samurott - Fenrir, only one who fit that name.
Lilligant - Yggdrasill, the Tree of Life, because of the Grass Typing.
Scrafty - Beowulf, the fighter :D
Golurk - Thor, he's big and scary, that is all.
Chandelure - Loki, the mischievous God. Fitting, huh?
Reuniclus - Ragnarok. Not sure why. Both begin with "R", so..
Both amazing nicknames! :D

Umbreon9
11th March 2011, 12:48 AM
I'm not nicknaming very many, but I'm nicknaming Zoroark Starlight because... um... I don't know, it just seems like a good name for a Dark-Type. Plus it's female. And the male will be Midnight for obvious reasons.
I'm also nicknaming some more, but I can't remember them...

Araleon
11th March 2011, 12:49 AM
I named my Oshawott Nala, after Nala from The Lion King because Samurott? Yeah, ninja sea lion.

I named my Patrat Timon, named for Timon (also from The Lion King) because it and Watchog are totally meerkats.

I'm gonna name my future Rufflet McMurphy, after R. P. McMurphy from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Amazing book.

I'm gonna name my future Vanillite either Finn (Glee), Gastby (The Great Gatsby), or something to be decided. I'm having a hrd time choosing a name. Maybe James (Gatsby's first name)?

My future Larvesta will be named Santana after Santana from Glee.

And, finally, my Druddigon will be name Hagrid, because Hagrid from Harry Potter deserves to be a dragon and be awesome and yeah.

So, nicknames:

Nala the female Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
Timon the male Patrat/Watchog
McMurphy the male Rufflet/Braviary
Finn/Gatsby/James the male Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe
Santana the female Larvesta/Volcarona
Hagrid the male Druddigon

bleeding-chocobo
11th March 2011, 12:53 AM
I named my team using names based off Greek mythology.

Samurott- Poseidon, the greek god of water
Scrafty- Ares, the god of war. Plus, he can usually OHKO things by himself (he took out Clay's first pokemon w/ Brick Break! :D)
Emolga- Appllo/Zeus, named after the god of the sky/god of light (considering I can find one of these things :P)
Chandelure- Nike, the Greek goddess of victory.
Haxorus- Demios, based off one of the sons of the god Ares. Name means "terror."
Sawsbuck- Pan, based off the half-man, half-goat of Greek mythology.

locomo
11th March 2011, 12:53 AM
I named my Patrat/Watch.

(Boy symbol) Scout!

His name was orignally just gonna be "Scout" But he is a boy, so I named him 'Boy' Scout!

locomo
11th March 2011, 12:54 AM

Scrafty- Hades, the god of the Underworld. Plus, he can usually OHKO things by himself (he took out Clay's first pokemon w/ Brick Break! :D)
Emolga- Appllo/Zeus, named after the god of the sky (considering I can find one of these things :P)
Chandelure- Haven't decided yet.
Haxorus- Demios, based off one of the sons of the god Ares. Name means "terror."

Scrafty should be "Ares" war god. More fitting, or "Nike" god of vicotry.

Chandelure would be GREAT for hades. (if you seen hercules, then youd understand, plus hes a ghos typing and darker)

I know a lot of greek mythology:P

Dr. Leggs
11th March 2011, 12:58 AM
Urschleim (Duosion) is from an old German term referring to 'primordial slime'. Not exactly what the Solosis line is based on but it fit close enough.

Banksy (Scraggy), because I wanted the name of some sort of 'urban' figure as the namesake, and the only one I could really think of is Banksy.

Mausolus (Cofagrigus) is from the Greek king, after whom the word 'mausoleum' was created. Fits it very well.

Hyperion (Boldore) comes from the Titan of Greek mythology. Didn't feel very inventive on this one. <_<

Joliett (Vanillish) comes from Joliet, the town in Illinois where Dairy Queen began.

Galahad (Karrablast) comes from the (possibly) fictional medieval knight.

bleeding-chocobo
11th March 2011, 12:59 AM
Scrafty should be "Ares" war god. More fitting, or "Nike" god of vicotry.

Chandelure would be GREAT for hades. (if you seen hercules, then youd understand, plus hes a ghos typing and darker)

I know a lot of greek mythology:P

Oh, I like the idea! (And I have the movie Hercules, love it). :] I'll change the names once I find the name-rater. Thanks for the help! Do you think the rest of the names fit?

locomo
11th March 2011, 1:07 AM

Scrafty- Ares, the god of war. Plus, he can usually OHKO things by himself (he took out Clay's first pokemon w/ Brick Break! :D)
Emolga- Appllo/Zeus, named after the god of the sky/god of light (considering I can find one of these things :P)
Chandelure- Nike, the Greek goddess of victory.

Oh, I like the idea! (And I have the movie Hercules, love it). :] I'll change the names once I find the name-rater. Thanks for the help! Do you think the rest of the names fit?

The name-renamer is in castilla city lol.

The other names.... Yup they make sence. If sawsbuck is a FEMALE then name it "Demeter" or "persephone" (spell check that name)

Demeter - Goddess of grains and stuff.... it could relate to seasons.
Persephone - taken by your chandelure (hades) and due to that we have the seasons of winter or fall or whater.

If Sawsbuck is a male, then Pan is fine.

Emolga - (flying squirrel right?) You could name "Zues" god of lightning, since its an electirc type, and he is king of the skys, or "Hermes" since he could fly. If its a female you can try "Iris" goddess of rainbow.

bleeding-chocobo
11th March 2011, 1:12 AM
The name-renamer is in castilla city lol.

The other names.... Yup they make sence. If sawsbuck is a FEMALE then name it "Demeter" or "persephone" (spell check that name)

Demeter - Goddess of grains and stuff.... it could relate to seasons.
Persephone - taken by your chandelure (hades) and due to that we have the seasons of winter or fall or whater.

If Sawsbuck is a male, then Pan is fine.

Emolga - (flying squirrel right?) You could name "Zues" god of lightning, since its an electirc type, and he is king of the skys, or "Hermes" since he could fly. If its a female you can try "Iris" goddess of rainbow.

Okay, cool. :] I'm on Route 7 atm, so I'm gonna catch a female Deerling and a female Litwick soon. And I'm trying to find a Emolga.

locomo
11th March 2011, 1:14 AM
Ok, so whats your final set of nicknames for the team? Im curious, lol.

(Litwick at Celestial tower)

On topic: Im also naming my Unfezant: Mr. Mask. Since he is a boy, and boys have the mask

Guywhoiam
11th March 2011, 1:17 AM
My team doesn't have a theme, just what ever I felt like.

Serperior - Infinite (My mage from Dragon Age Origins.)
Zoroark - Legion ("We are legion, a terminal of the Geth.")
Swoobat - Casanova (Why not?)
Carracosta - Bastion (Again, no particular reason.)
Reuniclus - Sol Dios (Named after the Sol Dios cannon from Armored Core For Answer.)
Galvantula - Shockopath (Once more, why not?)

Cheska
11th March 2011, 1:19 AM
I've only nicknamed my starter so far.

Oshawott: Ishi.

Named after one of the main characters from Bulletstorm. From the moment I heard it, it just sounded so adorable and fitting for him.

bleeding-chocobo
11th March 2011, 1:20 AM
My final nickanmes for my team:

Samurott- Poseidon, the Greek god of water
Sawsbuck- Persephone, goddess of the underworld
Chandelure- Hades, god of the underworld
Scrafty- Ares, god of war
Emolga- Zeus, god of the sky
Haxorus- Demios, one of the sons of the greek god Ares, names means "terror."

Ha, just realized my Sawsbuck is the only female on the team. XD Did not intend for that to happen.

EDIT: Rank Up!

manniezmoll
11th March 2011, 1:21 AM
tepig: porkchop
oshawott: pascal
pansage: oregano
panpour: oceano
purrloin: cheese (after my RL cat)
snivy (when i get one) : smugleaf

Jasper Kazai
11th March 2011, 1:22 AM
No swear words or any other rude or gross words (there are kids as little as 6 visiting this site)B/W actually doesn't allow you to nickname your Pokémon with swear words or other questionable subjects... I personally think that limitation is stupid, but whatever.

Anyways,
Snivy - Quite (because all he needs is a top hat and and monocle, then he's a high society member)
Panpour - Splash (water...)
Blitzle - Always (because he reminded me a bit of a unicorn. Go play Robot Unicorn Attack if you don't get this.)
Trubbish - Belch (after Master Belch from EarthBound. Unfortunately, MasterBelch is one letter too long, so I had to shorten it.)

I've refrained from nicknaming most of my Pokémon so I can actually learn their names. Already I've had trouble; I actually had to look up Blitzle's name because I didn't remember it.

SHIFTER01
11th March 2011, 1:35 AM
Excalibur/Serperior: originally named so because of a striking similarity between Snivy and the character from Soul Eater, but evolved more into a reference to the sword due to Serperior's regal appearance.
Kilik/Scrafty: because Scrafty shares a fighting style with Kilik from the Soul Eater manga. (there seems to be a pattern here)
Hotep/Cofagrigus: mostly because of the whole egyptian thing, partially because of the movie Bubba Ho-Tep.
Alphonse/Golurk: due to the resemblance between the younger Elric brother's armor and the pokemon.
Alura/Lilligant: because she's a plant, basically. >_> partial reference to the monster Alura Une from several Castlevania games.
Doctor/Haxorus: this about sums it up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVz1VVWcF5U)
Vegas/Braviary: what better to name an all-american pokemon than after one of the most iconic places in the USA?
Spire/Gigalith: named for the character from Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Tylee/Mienshao: for the character from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Cole/Galvantula: inFamous reference.
Ganon/Emboar: fairly obvious, no? Dark Beast Ganon, from most Legend of Zelda games.

;136; Dude

paddylad
11th March 2011, 1:48 AM
White:
Mystique/Zoroark: Xmen reference
Miju/Samurott: after Oshawott's Japanese name
Snappy/Krookodile: fairly self explanatory
St Elmo/Chandelure: because the Chandelure family line is based on the myth of St Elmo's Fire
Goliath/Conkeldurr: it seemed appropriate!
Darling/Sawsbuck: because Dearling reminded me of Blackadder ><

Black:
Mamba/Servine: I couldn't think of anything else :/
Kitsune/Vulpix: because Vulpix is based on Kitsune, a mythical Japanese fox (ok so is Zoroark but oh well)
Fontaine/Panpour: because his head looks like a fountain? Idk.

Bombadil
11th March 2011, 2:06 AM
I've been nicknaming my Pokemon words that I feel describe them. And for my playthrough, I'm being ridiculous with nicknaming; I'm literally trying to nickname the first of every species I catch. Thus, I nicknamed my starter (tepig) "Charger" because it charges into the battle. A few others:
Patrat- Hypnotist, because of the swirly eyes
Throh- Escapist, due to the number of pokeballs and great balls it escaped from before being caught by... a heal ball.
Herdier- Fidelious. Not an actual word, but a reference to "fidelity" because of their loyalty.
Blitzle- Jag, suggested by my friend because of the jagged mane
Munna- Diviner, because of the psychic typing and the connection to dreams perhaps allowing seeing the future through dreams
Raggenrola- Grenado, after "grenade" due to their circular shape and the fact they have an energy core, which I feel should be explosive.
Etc...

KickAsh
11th March 2011, 2:34 AM
Panpour--Kaya.
Kaya is the name of a Bob Marley album and I've been informed that there is speculation Simipour is based off Marley. And that is awesome.
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/baseballhombre2/monkeys.jpg

Victini--Goliaeth. Sounds like Goliath, the legendary big man, but is actually the end of the Welsh word for victory (according to Google Translate), which is fuddugoliaeth. So I get the lolz from naming my Victini after something big, but it also has a deeper meaning.

That is all. I'm not really into nicknaming my Pokemon.

EDIT: I plan on obtaining a Rufflet in a trade from my brother. It shall be christened Colbert before he trades it to me.

St Elmo/Chandelure: because the Chandelure family line is based on the myth of St Elmo's Fire

Vegas/Braviary: what better to name an all-american pokemon than after one of the most iconic places in the USA?

Haxorus- Demios, one of the sons of the greek god Ares, names means "terror."
Wow I really like these. Nice work!

ashgirl92
11th March 2011, 2:36 AM
Here are my nicknames and why I chose them:

Samurott- Ringo. I honestly have no idea. I guess.. it kinda just clicked for me. It was 2:30 in the morning when I named him... so don't be too harsh! lol

Sawsbuck- Bambi. This one is quite obvious. For those who live under a rock, this the famous deer that is in the Disney movie Bambi.. I know it's not that original, but I really couldn't think of anything else at the time.

Electross- Elecdra. Yeah I know, it's lame. But it was really hard thinking of a good girl name, and ... it's kinda charming in a way lol

Braviary- Apollo. I named him after Apollo the famous Greek God. I really liked it and it fit him well.

Haxorus- Kaida. I named her Kaida because it was a name for dragon I think. Idk, but I liked it : )

Chandelure- Remi. Once again, a name made up right on the spot. I have no idea why I named her this.. but now I think it's kinda adorable. : )

VioletMantis
11th March 2011, 2:49 AM
Shogun (Samurott)- well pretty obvious, a shogun was a Japanese military rank/title
Duncan (Scraggy)- Um, laugh if you want, but this little guy is named after Duncan from Total Drama Island. I figured you know delinquent, mohawk, etc. It fits really well if you know him from the show
Arx (Archen)- I really have no idea I mean I basically took the first two letters and last letter of archeopteryx, not very original
Electricia (Tynamo)- well i mean it is an eel +tricia. In addition, eels are technically fish an my family used to have a fish with that name. She died unfortunately
Flambeaux (Litwick)- again I don't know, I mean Flame is the only part really that makes sense. I named him after a restaurant I used to go to.
Cream (Vanillite-not a permanent member)- I don't have to explain this one do I?
Triryuu (Deino)- haven't got him yet but this will be his name when I do. Again, not too original. Tri=tree ryuu=dragon.

brooklynnxo
11th March 2011, 3:26 AM
I named a female Purrloin that i caught but isn't a part of my permadent team, KittyPurry. In reference to Katy Perry. Not a big fan of hers but it brings me lolz. Hahaha

And I named my female Yamask Cleopatra :3 because I'm doing a paper on her currently and she's Egyptian which has an obvious resemblance to this pokemon. Haha. I wish I could have named her CleopatraVII cause that was Cleopatras actual name but it was one letter too long ):

Bloush
11th March 2011, 3:29 AM
i ususally never do nicknames, but the names were too hot this gen. i only named two tho

Dewott- Futachi
Unfezant- Birmask

Nightlingbolt
11th March 2011, 3:39 AM
Eh, no real rhyme or reason to my nicknames.

Coal (male Emboar) - Alternate spelling of Coal. Ironically enough, I used a Typhlosion named Coal in my now-deleted SoulSilver playthrough.
Blossom (female Simisage) - I almost named her Sakura, but instead of "Cherry Blossom," I just went with "Blossom."
Shina (female Zebstrika) From "Shine," though I just Googled the name and it turns out it's a racist way of describing China, so I'm open to suggestions for a new name.
Keaton (male Zoroark) - Slowflake (a YouTuber I didn't really like at first but has grown on me) is LPing Ocarina of Time, and he had given the guard the Keaton Mask, so that's where that comes from.
Rook (male Crustle) - Originally called Herman, but according to N, he liked to call himself Rook, so I changed the name. The name obviously comes from the Chess piece, since I found out that Crustle could be derived from "castle."
Aeriel (female Ducklett) "The Little Mermaid's Aeriel (Water) and Aerial (Flying). Aren't homophones just the best, Serebii? Aren't they? AREN'T THEY?! Currently spelled with an "le" at the end, but I'll change that tomorrow.

flygonabsol99
11th March 2011, 3:51 AM
When I get A Sawk, I will name it Krillin(Dragon Ball Z reference) Because

1. It's Bald
2. It's a fighting type, and Krillin fights people alot And
3. Krillin is Awesome!

Nightlingbolt
11th March 2011, 4:20 AM
When I get A Sawk, I will name it Krillin(Dragon Ball Z reference) Because

1. It's Bald
2. It's a fighting type, and Krillin fights people alot And
3. Krillin is Awesome!

I would see Krillin as more of a Throh, but okay.

Pseudo Lovely
11th March 2011, 4:24 AM
I don't normally do nicknames for my team, but I decided to give it a shot this time.

Stormfall - Samurott: I chose this nickname because it felt fitting. I got the idea from Kingdom Hearts; named after one of Aqua's keyblades.
Cello - Leavanny: I love the cello; it's lovely. It just started to stick to her.
Faira - Victini: Again, another Kingdom Hearts reference. It's the Japanese spelling of the 'Fira' spell cast.
TuxedoMask - Unfezant: A Sailor Moon reference :D my favorite anime that I grew up with. My Unfezant is a male so I felt I could use this name and get away with it since he wears a mask.
Lightning - Eelektrik: It's actually named after Lightning from FFXIII since I love her character. But it also works since Eelektrik is an electric type. I know, not very original but oh well.
NoctCaelum - Scrafty: This one is after the main character of the upcoming FF Versus XIII game. I chose it because Scrafty is a dark type and I like what the name (or phrase) "Noctis Lucis Caelum" is supposed to mean.

locomo
11th March 2011, 4:36 AM
For chandelure im debating

Keeping name - Luminyte - Or Nytefyre - or Lumi

HMMMMM

Assassin
11th March 2011, 4:58 AM
Been naming my team after video game characters.

Female Lillipup - Bastilla from Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Male Panpour - Neptulon from World Of Warcraft
Male Snivy - Hayter the last name of David Hayter who voiced Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid, among many other roles
Male Throh - Ryu from Street Fighter

Roxas013
11th March 2011, 5:07 AM
Oshawatt-Otto, because its a otter and its kinda the oddball out of the starter trio so it fits. probably will chance wen it becomes samurott

Reshiram-Wyvern, because thats wat it looks lik 2 me

i havent thought of anymore

EDIT:wheres the name rater in Black

locomo
11th March 2011, 5:16 AM
What do you think I should name my male unfezant?

I want something to do with its mask....

I got another nickname that i gave my pokemon .... Blitzle - Bolt... cuz lightning bolt, plus its fast

Roll
11th March 2011, 5:29 AM
Serperior (Partridge) - In a pear tree.
Lilligant (Lucia) - Just liked the sound of it.
Swoobat (Caritas) - Latin for love and charity
Sawsbuck (Pierce) - Named after his horns and Horn Leech
Chandelure / Currently a Lampent (Sanctuary) - Eh, it's named for an anomaly. These ghost-types aren't really sacred at all
Jellicent (Poirot) - Named after Hercule Poirot, the Belgian sleuth with the enormous mustache.

Moonlight_Tails
11th March 2011, 5:37 AM
Serperior - Kudzu
Unfezant- Brooklyn
Seismitoad- Wart
Scrafty - Husk
Carracosta - Nautilus
Galvantula - Tickler(till I can think of something better)

Moonlight_Tails
11th March 2011, 5:44 AM
What do you think I should name my male unfezant?

I want something to do with its mask....

Harlequin? just a suggestion

I named mine after an area of NYC cause pigeons are city birds

Asmoday
11th March 2011, 8:21 AM
the only nickname i came up with so far was when i first saw and caught my lilipup i just named it "weirdthing"

wearjo
11th March 2011, 9:18 AM
Good job people, keep it up!!! :D this thread is gonna be pretty successful i think :)

Nostalgic Hybrid
11th March 2011, 9:39 AM
I think this is the first time I am actively nicknaming my Pokemon. This is my current:

Krem the Krokorok,
Huey the Ducklett,
Hood the Scraggy,
Vanille the Vanillish,
Geissler the Tynamo, and
52 the Elgyem.

I like a lot of Pokemon this gen, so I rotate fairly often. Some names fit better with their stage at the time of capture, not so much for their evolved forms, but that doesn't really bother me. Yes, some are pretty unimaginative/lame, but whatever.

Other Pokemon I have used also include:
Pill the Scolipede,
Wotter the Samurott,
Terrier the Stoutland,
Nod the Unfezant,
Patty the Watchog,
Toast the Pansear,
Mite the Galvantula,
Zubat the Swoobat, and
Ixion the Blitzle.

wearjo
11th March 2011, 9:53 AM
Reminder to tell us why you nickname your pokemon what you have

wearjo
11th March 2011, 10:23 AM
ok, sorry about the double post but anyway...

I've heard your nicknames, you've heard your nicknames, i think it's time you heard my nicknames...

I'm almost definately going to have a Zorua on my team so I'll nickname it Morusion:
-Mo comes from modest
-Ru comes from zoRUa
-sion comes from its ability IlluSION

I might as well have a Snivy, nickname will be Lornegace i know it sounds weird but oh well:
-L from Leaf
-orn from tORNado
-eg from enErGy ball
-ace from aerial ACE

I just loooove blizle so....... how about Flunder:
-fl from FLame charge
-under from thUNDER

Ok guys, go onto my visitor messages and tell me what you want me to make a nickname for... it can be any gen pokemon but i would prefer 5th gen

streetlightdsb
11th March 2011, 12:00 PM
I don't have a theme, I just think of nicknames on the spot.

Shellblade- Samurott. Obviously after the attack, which I personally think is better than Razor Shell. It's still a good name though.

Leggs- Galvantula. This should be fairly obvious; it's a Tarantula :p

Balla- Scrafty. Scrafty is based on gang members, hence it's baggy pants. In GTA San Andreas the rival gang was called the Ballas (might have the spelling wrong-haven't played it in years) so I called it that.

Oakley- Krookodile. After the sunglasses make. The Sandile line has the black eyes obviously.

Oddjob- Sigilyph. This is so uncreative. It looks odd, so I called it Oddjob :S

Darmanitan- Alastair. The EYEBROWS. If you don't know who Alastair Darling is, google him, you'll see why I called him this.

wearjo
11th March 2011, 12:06 PM
I don't have a theme, I just think of nicknames on the spot.

Shellblade- Samurott. Obviously after the attack, which I personally think is better than Razor Shell. It's still a good name though.

Leggs- Galvantula. This should be fairly obvious; it's a Tarantula :p

Balla- Scrafty. Scrafty is based on gang members, hence it's baggy pants. In GTA San Andreas the rival gang was called the Ballas (might have the spelling wrong-haven't played it in years) so I called it that.

Oakley- Krookodile. After the sunglasses make. The Sandile line has the black eyes obviously.

Oddjob- Sigilyph. This is so uncreative. It looks odd, so I called it Oddjob :S

Darmanitan- Alastair. The EYEBROWS. If you don't know who Alastair Darling is, google him, you'll see why I called him this.

good job you helpfull street light ;)

Quackquack
11th March 2011, 12:56 PM
Samurott - Pancake (random)
Fruitloop - Conkeldurr (someone with that username on deviantart had a Timburr avatar)
Lil - Stoutland (Short for Lilipup)
Coo - Tranquill (sound a pidgeon makes)
Maka - Darumaka

Serperior - Suta (This was before the English name was revealed, short for Tsutarja)

Reiji Kurosaky
11th March 2011, 3:12 PM
I just got my copy yesterday and sincerelly I'm trying to learn the true names of the new pokemon so I am not nicknaming them yet, however, when I received my Tepig I saw its evolutions as they became bigger and rounder so I named him Gordon, I like to give normal names to my pokemon and in spanish Gordo means Fat, so Gordon is a little pun on the fact that Emboar is huge!

I was about to name my Timburr as Doug (because Doug sounds like a name for a construction worker and that is what Timburr and his family looks like to me) and my Blitzle as Marty (after the zebra from Madagascar).

Right after I have memorized all the names of the new pokemon I will change their nicknames but for now, I will go with the default ones.

Arcamenel
11th March 2011, 3:23 PM
Samurott - Misty
Haxorus - Dax
Galvantula - Jolty(to be renamed soon)
Excadrill - Missy
Meinshao - Meilin
Darmanitan - Scarlet

Reiji Kurosaky
11th March 2011, 3:27 PM
Samurott - Misty
Haxorus - Dax
Galvantula - Jolty(to be renamed soon)
Excadrill - Missy
Meinshao - Meilin
Darmanitan - Scarlet

Looks like almost your entire team is female.

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
11th March 2011, 3:40 PM
B/W actually doesn't allow you to nickname your Pokémon with swear words or other questionable subjects... I personally think that limitation is stupid, but whatever. How do they do that?

Samurott = Oceanus, Titan of the seas (or embodiment, whatever)
Darmanitan = Prometheus, Titan of Forethought, he brought fire and all that, and Forethought could relate to Zen Mode
Lilligant = Helios, Titan of the Sun, refers to Chlorophyll, even though I have Own Tempo, and might also reference the Sun Stone
Excadrill = Atlas, Titan of the Heavens, strongest Titan, he has to hold up the earth and Excadrill is Ground type, as well as Excadrill is very strong after a Swords Dance
Musharna = Epimetheus, Titan of Afterthought, no explanation needed
Scrafty = Hyperion, the Titan of Light, I actually have no real reason, maybe Scrafty's yellow, I really don't know. I might also go with Iapetus, the second strongest Titan.

Yeah, I'm being unoriginal with Greek Mythology, but just original to set the mark since I'm using Titans, not Olympians.

Nightlingbolt
11th March 2011, 3:48 PM
I still need suggestions for my female Zebstrika's new nickname. For those of you who don't remember, it used to be Shina, but then I found out that's apparently racist (God damn it, Google). It should have something to do with thunder, lightning, or light in gemeral, but I really want it to be unique at the same time.

smartie
11th March 2011, 4:40 PM
I'm starting with training a double battle Subway team, these are the names so far:
Ferroseed: Furious
I have no idea why, but this seemed like a nice name for it.
Ninetales: ???
Haven't gotten any inspiration for it yet.
Altaria: Winona
Cause Altaria always reminds me of Winona and Winona is my favourite gym leader ever.
Camerupt: Eruption
Camerupt without the name Eruption won't own everyone imo :D .

Does anyone have any advice on a name for Ninetales? I really have no idea.

LeviNifty
11th March 2011, 4:42 PM
My Team Nicknames

Vanillite- Cornetto
Minccino- Klonoa
Sawk- Sensai
Servine- Smugleaf
Tirtorga- Broster
Zebrastrika- Static

AwesomeSauce117
11th March 2011, 7:30 PM
Mine so far:
Pignite - Ham (Based off the Piggybank from Toy Story)
Swoobat - Galtee (Irish bacon brand)
Krokorok - Irwin (Steve Irwin a.k.a Crocodile hunter)
Tirtorga - Caboose (Based off the Red vs Blue character)
Joltik - Webster (It makes webs and it's the best nickname I know for him)
Ferroseed - Thorn (It's all spiky and stuff!)

Nibbles4Ever
11th March 2011, 7:35 PM
My teams nicknames are as follows:

Poseidon the Samurott
Aphrodite the Whimsicott
Athena the Fraxure
Arachne the Galavantula
Ares the Exadrill
Hermes the Archeops
I named my team these names because I'm taking a mythology class in college and thought that would be cool. Not so cool that 4 of them start with A XD

ashgirl92
11th March 2011, 9:55 PM
I still need suggestions for my female Zebstrika's new nickname. For those of you who don't remember, it used to be Shina, but then I found out that's apparently racist (God damn it, Google). It should have something to do with thunder, lightning, or light in gemeral, but I really want it to be unique at the same time.

Ok, I totally spent a whole... 2 seconds looking this up... so you'd better be grateful! lol

Here are some names:

-Levina- It means lightning bolt
-Alaula- It means sunset glow
-Elaine or Elena- Shining light
-Meallan- Little lightning
-Raiden- Thunder and lightning

So? Does any of those suit your fancy? I hope I helped! : )

Marvs
11th March 2011, 9:57 PM
I was quite pleased with the name I thought up for my roggenrolla, iBall. Only really works on the first form though!

bones090
11th March 2011, 10:04 PM
Here are my nicknames (I haven't got that far)

Hot Snort the Pignite
Woofcub the Herdier
Lumipad (Fly in Filipino) the Tranquill
Acoustic the Audino

Yeah yeah, I don't have much yet...

Marvs
11th March 2011, 10:07 PM
Hot Snort, heh. Called my shiny Tepig BossHog

Dragonitor
11th March 2011, 10:09 PM
The Nick names are in my sig:
Aqua -> Samurott
Aqua is just because it is a Water Type, very simple and soooooo cute ;)
Blaze -> Chandelure
This name is also based on the type, fire, and also his flames
Dusty -> Braviary
This because I like the name AND a bird can whip up dust with it's wings
Shadow -> Hydreigon
Because of it's appearence, the darkness and the shadows
Bugsy -> Leavanny
Because it's a bug and there's a bug gym leader with that name :D
Psycho -> Reuniclus
Because of it's type, Psychic.
As you can see all the names are based on Types and how the pkmn look.

The Eleventh
11th March 2011, 10:11 PM
Here are my nicknames (all Pokémon in fully-evolved forms, although they're not in my game yet):

Samurott - Triton (Greek God)
Watchog - Suri (from Suricata, the name of the species Watchog is based off)
Zebstrika - Bronte (from Bronte and Sterope, the steeds that pulled Helios' chariot; both based off thunder and lightening)
Swanna - Odette (main character in Swan Lake)
Haxorus - Kratos (Greek God of War - strength and power)
Chandelure - Apate (Greek Goddess of Trickery, Deception, etc.)

As you can see, I like to nickname after Greek Gods.

deokishisu.123
11th March 2011, 10:14 PM
My style is very Adventures-esq. read my sig to get what i mean ;)

wearjo
11th March 2011, 10:28 PM
ok guys, this is inspired by Marvs's iball...
this is a whole team but it isnt anything special:
iDog:Stoutland
iDrill:Excadrill
iBurn:Simisear
iCool:Simipour
iGetEaten:Simisage
iTusk:Haxorus

Marvs
11th March 2011, 10:29 PM
ok guys, this is inspired by Marvs's iball...
this is a whole team but it isnt anything special:
iDog:Stoutland
iDrill:Excadrill
iBurn:Simisear
iCool:Simipour
iGetEaten:Simisage
iTusk:Haxorus

Haha, nice :p

meatnerd
11th March 2011, 10:44 PM
My oswott or whatever it's called (that water started) i named it Canada cause i guess in my mind i thought of it more like a beaver or ice pokemon? Eve tho its an otter? I have no clue..

haha

Asmoday
11th March 2011, 10:49 PM
i finally found the name rater
i renamed my sewaddle into leafweed just for the heck of it lol

Molly2010
11th March 2011, 10:50 PM
I nicknamed my tepig "Speck". It means bacon in German. Get it? A fire-pig=bacon?
bahahaha

Nightlingbolt
11th March 2011, 10:59 PM
Ok, I totally spent a whole... 2 seconds looking this up... so you'd better be grateful! lol

Here are some names:

-Levina- It means lightning bolt
-Alaula- It means sunset glow
-Elaine or Elena- Shining light
-Meallan- Little lightning
-Raiden- Thunder and lightning

So? Does any of those suit your fancy? I hope I helped! : )

I think I like Levina best. I was going to go with Meallan at first, but I looked it up, and apparently, it's a male name. I'm off to rename her! Thank you so much!

Asmoday
11th March 2011, 11:08 PM
i caught a dwebble and named it pebble because its close and it is what is it lol

PbjZ
11th March 2011, 11:18 PM
I don't have many nicknames for my Pokemon really. I only had one even planned out.

InteriorCA for my Krookodile (means Interior Crocodile Alligator)
Oh, and WTHHAX for my Haxorus.
And lastly, nicknamed my Victini "JapansHope" due to the recent happenings there. (Wishing for only the best for Japan.)

Armando Payne
11th March 2011, 11:34 PM
I named Blitzle Belle, because Belle danced with The Beast in Beauty and The Beast, in a Ballroom, there's a song named Ballroom Blitz, Blitz is the first syllable of Blitzle. I named Bweddle, Phoenix, 'cause Phoenix Wright's a hobo in Apollo Justice.

Rřřdy
11th March 2011, 11:59 PM
I've never ever nicknamed my pokemon, but this time around, I decided to get somewhat creative.

My Zebstrika I named Ixion (FFX Aeon)
- I thought it was a fitting name to a lightning horse (zebra)

My Victini I named Ifrit (Also FFX Aeon)
- I'm not sure why, but he just reminded me/looked like an Ifrit

My Rufflet had a few selected names, I ended up with Mumble
- I was actually reminded of Hawkmon from Digimon, and also some other Digimon with Braviary, but in the end Mumble (from Happyfeet) seemed suitable, I may change it when it evolves to Braviary

Now some pokemon that I dont use, but nicknamed anyways:

Bouffalant: Taunka
Cofagrigus / female: Nefertiti (original right?)
Golett: Olmec (His Pokedex description made me think of it)

rocky505
12th March 2011, 12:00 AM
Named my new Shiny Cobalion Bobby after my friend who we say looks like a goat :D

WynautQueen
12th March 2011, 12:10 AM
A Naughty Mienshao named Sandoval.

Anyone who gets it gets a whole batch of e-cookies. For those intending to go search it out, beware of NSFW.

Also, Vanilluxe named 4everacone. <3

GalladeX
12th March 2011, 12:27 AM
I usually name my Pokemon after people, characters, or places.

Simisear is Bobby Flay, a Food Network chef who is a big fan of adding lots of spices to his food.

Guccio the Leavanny. Guccio Gucci is the founder of Gucci fashion. Leavanny seems to be quite the fashionista/o.

Paris the Sigilyph, because it sounds similar to Peru.

Wottson the Samurott. Like Watson from Sherlock Holmes, but Wott.

Ms. Krabs the Crustle. Like Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants, but I was so tired from hunting for Sigilyph (a half hour at least!) that I caught the first one I saw, and it ended up being a female.

Pete the Scrafty, because it seemed to fit him.

Asmoday
12th March 2011, 1:31 AM
i made my drillbur an hm slave, and also named it that
it has
rock smash
cut
dig
stregnth

subject to change as i progress through the game

wearjo
12th March 2011, 1:45 AM
it has
rock smash
cut
dig
stregnth

subject to change as i progress through the game

omg god!!!!!!!!!!!! y would you make a perfectly good pokemon a hm slave!!!!!! anyway.... it could be rosmut.... that's wut i nickname pokemon with both rock smash and cut.... ROck SMash cUT

DasBoot
12th March 2011, 1:48 AM
Named my Swoobat as "Smoochic".

Sephiroth_Strife
12th March 2011, 1:53 AM
I'm seriously considering naming my Gurdurr "Hurrdurr". Simply because it's so dorky a name, I figured why not make it worse? And Purrloin will soon become Porkloin. Yes, like the food, because being ridiculous is fun and they made the name far too close to the food in the first place.

fubufubu
12th March 2011, 1:53 AM
i WAS gonna name my tepig (now a beastly level 77 emboar) bacon but...nah too easy a joke....the only pokemon i haved that's nicknamed is my tirtouga "crush" i'm a HUGE finding nemo fan!

~_Cloud_Strife_~
12th March 2011, 1:57 AM
Named my Pawniard (now a Bisharp) "PowaRanger" because he honestly looks like one.

Hikari321
12th March 2011, 2:01 AM
I named my oshawott (Oshu) lol
Solosis (Bubblez)
Minccino(Cappuccino XD)
and will name my future chandelure Vivi because it reminds me of Vivi from final fantasy 9 for some reason loll. Thats all at the moment

KickAsh
12th March 2011, 2:02 AM
FYI, Drillbur is a really good Pokemon. It can outspeed almost everything with a Choice Scarf and a Sandstorm. Also, HM slaves aren't technically needed this gen, so I really think you should consider catching another Drillbur, unless you have a Sandile, and maybe use a Watchog or something as an HM slave if you really want one.

On to nicknames:
Other than Kaya the Panpour, who I boxed, and Goliaeth the Victini, I just nicknamed my freshly caught Foonguss Hyde, because Mr. Hyde from The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is Dr. Jekyll's hidden personality, and Foonguss are often hidden as Pokeballs. Also, Foonguss are known to hide.
HIDE--HYDE. Get it?

Zhanton
12th March 2011, 2:10 AM
Pascal the Oshawott :]
And I've got Scruffy and Barkley the Lillipups. Barkley's been boxed.
I called my female Patrat Eleanor, after Eleanor from Alvin & The Chipmunks 2.

Asmoday
12th March 2011, 2:14 AM
I wanted to try some different pokemon to progress through the game instead of making drillbur one of my mains i made it a slave and so far im still excelling well

anyway

my herdier (which is named weirdthing lol) has finally evolved into a scoutland!
Still named weirdthing btw :p

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
12th March 2011, 2:19 AM
I will nickname my Snivy Farore, my Tepig Din, and last but certainly not least my Oshawott will be named Nayru. Why you ask because the names are from Zelda and I love Zelda games!!!! Also because the 3 spirits listed are the exact same color of the pokemon listed!

Darkmaster Rannon
12th March 2011, 2:25 AM
Tyra Banks the Fraxure. Yes, I know- I'm horrible.

Asmoday
12th March 2011, 2:52 AM
I just got back from lostlorn forest and caught me a swadloon which i named leafia :p

Whimsicott
12th March 2011, 3:09 AM
Whimsicott = Teto

DazedMinezumi
12th March 2011, 3:10 AM
Currently in rotation on my team are..........

Emboar Lv.65- Hickory (Just seamed like a good name, It was either that or Bacon so I flipped a coin.)

Durant Lv.45- Ainto (Similar to its Japaneese name.)

Galvantula Lv.38- Recluse (Named after the Brown Recluse; a freaky, poisonous spider.)

Beartic Lv.38- Tundburr (Mix of TUNDRA, BEAR, and BURRRR. I was hoping this for the English name back when.)

Simisage Lv.37- Mesquite (Seemed to fit with Hickory.)

Tranquill Lv.26- Cedar (Fit well with Hickory and Mesquite.)

Sawk Lv.21- Sawkem (Rawken and Sawkem Robots.)

Dwebble Lv.26- Zumai (Part of his Japaneese name. Ishizumai.)

Litwick Lv.35- Wick (Obvious.)

Munna Lv.29- Luna (Spanish word for moon.)

Tirtouga Lv.27- Tropics (Self-Explanatory.)

Druddigon Lv.32- Crimgan (Japaneese name.)

I'm trying to evolve Tranquill, Dwebble, Litwick, Munna, and Tirtouga. I know Munna evolves with a Moon Stone and I have one but I'm trying to teach it some good moves.

P.S. I <3 EXP. SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asmoday
12th March 2011, 3:49 AM
I caught a vanillite and named it after somone i do not like: vanilaice lol

Wallaroo42
12th March 2011, 3:58 AM
I named my purrloin Loin Cloth

And my Stoutland Mustacheo

Susano and Kushi are my Emboar and Leavanny (congrats if you get the reference)

My Unfezant is Tyson 'cause of that new Animal planet show, with Mike Tyson and his pigeons (lol)

Also my Excadrill is Gwen, after Guinevere or however the heck you spell her name lol. Prolly would have been Arthur if it was a boy

Lorde
12th March 2011, 4:03 AM
Well, I only gave nicknames to my Japanese Black version Pokemon. Here they are:

- Pork (Emboar) - I named it that because the Tepig line is heavily based on pigs. I know that the name isn't very creative, but I just wanted something that sounded cute and quirky. Yatta!
- Weed (Simisage) - I named it after those pesky plants, not the drug. I was just feeling bored when I obtained it, so I gave it a very uncreative nickname haha. I could easily rename it.
- Rouge (Zoroark) - I read something about route meaning red in French, and I liked how it would fit Zoroark well since most of its hair is red colored. I also think that red is a cool color, so yeah.
- Rai (Zebstrika) - The nickname comes from the Japanese word meaning lightning. At least that's what I heard once. Anyway, it sounds cool and I even though I didn't put much effort into it, I like it.
- Dove (Unfezant) - It was a simple nickname that I gave to my Pidove when I found it. I thought that it sounded cute and it fit really well with the Pokemon. Looking back, I could have been more creative.
- Teddy (Beartic) - It comes from teddy bear. I thought that Cubchoo was really cute and it looked like a teddy bear, so I went with that a while ago. I'm actually going to change it to Glace later on.

pampam88
12th March 2011, 4:08 AM
I gave my Oshawott the most imaginative name ever....Wotty!!

Cutty
12th March 2011, 4:13 AM
In my JP Black team:

Dale ~ Samurott (Start w/ D for Daikenki)
Rye ~ Swoobat
Lady ~ Gothitelle (looks like L. Gaga?)
Lito ~ Chandelure, and
Drake~ Haxerus

In my JP White team:
Akira ~ Emboar
Candy ~ Cofagrigus (the shiny looks like Candy)
Koko ~ Swoobat (Koko - romori)
Kris ~ Cryogonal (Kristal)
No nick ~ Simipour

Weaver_8
12th March 2011, 4:25 AM
White team
Emboar - Nanaki
Lieperd - Yuffie
Skolipede - Reno
Musharna - Cait-sith
Swanna - Sepheroth
Golurk - Laputa

Black team (so far)
Dewott - Auron
Watchog - Lulu (unrealted to FFX)
Gurdurr - Ultima

DarthUr
12th March 2011, 4:53 AM
welcome to the little slice of insanity known as my pokemon nicknames
this is all i have so far click below and prepare to be astounded

Victini - Winston (as in churchill)
Patrat - Prat (because he is one)
Pidove - Pidgey
Swoobat - Woosh
Munna - Munumana (doot doo dododo muh na ma na doot do do do)
Ducklett - Don
Audino - Curlycow
Lillipup - Princess (after a less that SFW internet cartoon from way back when)
Sandile - Sandy
Venipede - Nightmares (centipedes scare the crap out of me)
Karrablast - Scary Ned (it's a scarab? an arrogant worms song)
Petilil - Little (if i can find a male one it's getting named lil pete{if they exist})
Vanillite - Mr.Freeze(following HG where i named almost everything Mr/Mrs something. also batman)
Darumaka - Firen (i was trying to combine fire and gorilla and failed and got this)
Pansear - Mr. Burns (HG habit again plus simpsons)
Trubbish- Trash Heap (Fraggle Rock)
Purrloin - Lionel ( then i found out it is a leopard. i'm smart)
Foongus - Psylocybin (uh, you know... spelled wrong, of course. i used to be smart, wonder what happened...)
Timburr - Bludgen (it's what he does.)
Palpitoad - Grenuille (frog in french spelled wrongly)
Deerling - Bambi (did everyone name it this? probably)
Scraggy - Mr. Pants (his pants fall down and old habits die hard. I call my real life cat Mr. Meow, that's how bad i am at naming things)
Blitzle - Gary (after a zebra on rex the runt. i think it's name was gary. this is a female.)
Solosis - Scoliosis
Throh - Thor
Zoroark - The Grey Cat (after my other real life cat who resembles zoroark. i call her "The Grey Cat" when i talk to her.)
Archen - Archy Optr
Yamask - RamesesXVI (you know, egypt)
Oshawott - Washcloth (i don't know why. it is what popped into my head)
Sigilyph - Sysifus (after that guy with the rock, spelled wrong.)
Boldor - Rogger (after my uncle roger, who is a kind of a earth demon)
Leavanny - Tammy (after the anorexic fashion designer friend of mine)

WynautQueen
12th March 2011, 5:18 AM
Victini named Winston. I love it.

legendary master Jose
12th March 2011, 6:25 AM
Marty - Zebstrika (from the madagascar films)
Zororark - Spy (TF2 reference)
Braviary - War Eagle (Auburn pseudo-mascot)
Ditto - Brothel (it can be anything you like...)
Tepig - Oink (click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVZi9Iq8um8&feature=related))

possible names

Samurott - Jack (for Samurai Jack)
Hydregion - Kaiba (for mr Seto Kaiba and his Blue eyes ultimate)

Asmoday
12th March 2011, 7:00 AM
I traded my boldore which i named uglything to someone ingame for an emolga named minipete :p

streetlightdsb
12th March 2011, 7:41 AM
welcome to the little slice of insanity known as my pokemon nicknames
this is all i have so far click below and prepare to be astounded

Victini - Winston (as in churchill)
Patrat - Prat (because he is one)
Pidove - Pidgey
Swoobat - Woosh
Munna - Munumana (doot doo dododo muh na ma na doot do do do)
Ducklett - Don
Audino - Curlycow
Lillipup - Princess (after a less that SFW internet cartoon from way back when)
Sandile - Sandy
Venipede - Nightmares (centipedes scare the crap out of me)
Karrablast - Scary Ned (it's a scarab? an arrogant worms song)
Petilil - Little (if i can find a male one it's getting named lil pete{if they exist})
Vanillite - Mr.Freeze(following HG where i named almost everything Mr/Mrs something. also batman)
Darumaka - Firen (i was trying to combine fire and gorilla and failed and got this)
Pansear - Mr. Burns (HG habit again plus simpsons)
Trubbish- Trash Heap (Fraggle Rock)
Purrloin - Lionel ( then i found out it is a leopard. i'm smart)
Foongus - Psylocybin (uh, you know... spelled wrong, of course. i used to be smart, wonder what happened...)
Timburr - Bludgen (it's what he does.)
Palpitoad - Grenuille (frog in french spelled wrongly)
Deerling - Bambi (did everyone name it this? probably)
Scraggy - Mr. Pants (his pants fall down and old habits die hard. I call my real life cat Mr. Meow, that's how bad i am at naming things)
Blitzle - Gary (after a zebra on rex the runt. i think it's name was gary. this is a female.)
Solosis - Scoliosis
Throh - Thor
Zoroark - The Grey Cat (after my other real life cat who resembles zoroark. i call her "The Grey Cat" when i talk to her.)
Archen - Archy Optr
Yamask - RamesesXVI (you know, egypt)
Oshawott - Washcloth (i don't know why. it is what popped into my head)
Sigilyph - Sysifus (after that guy with the rock, spelled wrong.)
Boldor - Rogger (after my uncle roger, who is a kind of a earth demon)
Leavanny - Tammy (after the anorexic fashion designer friend of mine)

Why is Victini named after Churchill, out of interest?
EDIT: Just awesome!

I just heard about the no swear words thing, that sucks! No more "Penis used harden" hijinks :O

DarthUr
12th March 2011, 8:04 AM
http://frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/churchillDM0302_468x542.jpg

Asmoday
12th March 2011, 8:14 AM
i nicknamed my litwig emolite lol

Breaker
12th March 2011, 8:43 AM
Jp. Black (they're now on my Ger. White Version)
Bambi the Sawsbuck - pretty common nickname for Deerling & Sawsbuck I guess.haha
Miju the Samurott - Miju for Mijumaru which is the Japanese name of Oshawott.
Daru the Darmanitan - Daru for Darumakka/Darumaka/Hihidaruma.
Nazca the Sigilyph - because it resembles a Nazca bird.
Taro the Galvantula - I was gonna name it Tara for tarantula (it is also female) but I accidently wrote Taro, then I got used to Taro and kept it that way.^^
Kibo the Haxorus - Kibo for Kibago which is the Japanese name of Axew.

Ger. White:
Serpi the Serperior - I was very creative.. the German name of Snivy is Serpifeu and the German name for Serperior is Serpiroyal so it is really just shortened.
Fasan the Unfezant - German word for pheasant..
Shuu the Mienshao - its German name is Wie-Shu, so yeah..xD
Yorki the Scoutland - pretty lame again, but whatever..
Leonardo the Carracosta - Ninja Turtles reference.
Pandora the Scolipede - its Japanese name is Pendoraa and its German name is Cerapendra..

I know, my names are pretty lame, but I like them anyway.^^

smartie
12th March 2011, 8:48 AM
Does anyone know a good nickname for a ninetales?

wearjo
12th March 2011, 8:49 AM
hmmmm... tell me nature, characteristic and moves.... that'll help with it

smartie
12th March 2011, 8:55 AM
It'll be a Timid nature with
- Fire Blast
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- Rest

As I have yet to start breeding, I don't know the characteristic yet. I will keep breeding untill it's a female with Timid nature, so these things are certain.

wearjo
12th March 2011, 9:05 AM
personally i call all pokemon who have a timid nature tim... but since urs is a girl............... maybe fospa????????
Fo from FOx
sp from wiSP
a because it's a girl

Aquarelle
12th March 2011, 10:12 AM
Some of my nicknames:

Dewott = Rotter
I wanted to name it something similar to "otter," so I chose this in order to make fun of it. :p

Pansear = Basalt
Because basalt is an igneous rock, which are said to be "born of fire."

Munna = Organs
Well...it kinda looks like an organ to me. O__o

Tranquil = Roast
It makes me think about eating meat.

Karrablast = Screw You
Because it looks like a wrench. :D

Sawsbuck = Starbucks
The names sound similar, so I decided to go with Starbucks for fun.

Charizardfan900
12th March 2011, 10:17 AM
I havn't got white personally yet but my friend let me play it for a bit when he came round my house. I called my patrat Timone after the guy from the lion king. I also called my Woobat Woo-Woo because my friend hates them and nicknaming it made him even more annoyed.

pezhead53
12th March 2011, 10:31 AM
Semi-random names for my team:

Emboar: Pokabu
Japanese name for Tepig, like the sound of it.

Liepard: Tenebrae
Cat-like being of Darkness from Tales of Symphonia 2

Crustle: Hermie
Named after childhood hermit crab (I wasn't that creative back then)

Simisage: Broccoli
Pansage's head looked like Broccoli to me.

Sigilyph: Creepozoid
It looked creepy to me, and also after the movie Creepozoids, reviewed by the Cinema Snob.

Sismitoad: Pimple
It's covered in bumps, and also in honor of the Battletoads.

blak
12th March 2011, 1:20 PM
Although he doesn't have an in-game nickname, I usually "call" my Gigalith "Megalith" or "Gigamilk" just for fun.

travisjb90
12th March 2011, 1:25 PM
I nicknamed my starter Pokemon, Oshawott his name is Aqua. My Pansear's name is Pyro. I also caught a Lilipup and a Purrloin and named them Bernie after my dog and Buster after my cat.

wearjo
12th March 2011, 1:29 PM
OMG!!! travisjb90 you just gave me an idea!!!! the next dragonite i get im gunna nickname Spyro :D

Xweek
12th March 2011, 4:36 PM
I have some;

Serperior - Josephine. [Named after a Crash Bandicoot character]
Krookodile - D.D. [Also named after a Crash Bandicoot character]
Scrafty - Rex. [Named thematically after a Super Mario character. You know, rex, Tyrannosaurus Rex, king of lizards, king of koopas...]
Unfezant - PkmAirMKIV. [It's been a tradition since Silver to have the flyer being an airline. This one is female]
Pidove - Mardi Gras. [Because it's male. I then found out later that one of my friends stole the nickname for their own Pidove. :/]
Haxorus - Alexa. [It's also a tradition to give a dragon of each generation a normal name. The exception is my Salamence, which is called Bagon. Flygon got it instead. Also...]
Hydreigon - Dopey. [MEH]
Carracosta - Saltlina. [A corruption of Selina to accomodate its typing]
Vanillite - Tundra. [Poor thing always gets called Ice Cream or a similar daft name. :<]
Galvantula - Panic.A. [Named after Cwmbran resident and Robot Wars series 2 champion, Panic Attack]
Accelgor - Jiji. [A corruption of ninja (ninji) further corrupted. It knows yawn, still...]
Patrat - I HATE YOU. [It nearly killed Josephine in her first wild battle. :<]
Stoutland - Son of a. [Erm...]
Tynamo - Agnathy. [A portmanneau of Agnatha (the class that lampreys are in) and agony]
Druddigon - Boadicea. [After the red-head scottish warrior]
Cubchoo - Polar. [Also named after a Crash Bandicoot character. Not evolving him. :3]
Simipour - Pastafaria. [Because why not]
Solosis - Transcript. [Based on the first stage of protein synthesis, transcription. Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase and Telophase all sounded worse, and let's not get started on what's wrong with Cytokinesis...]
Bisharp - Mookie. [As a Pawniard, it basically is a mook, and technically is still an elite mook for the king as a bisharp]
Deerling - Humus [Such a pleasant name for it...]

ForeverFlame
12th March 2011, 5:12 PM
I named all of mine after Latin words. I like to think of a different theme for each game, but I`m starting to run low on options...

Asmoday
12th March 2011, 5:23 PM
i caught a solosis and named it cellyboy lol

Aqua Ring
12th March 2011, 5:27 PM
I just started the game yesterday. So far, I have three pokemon.

Snivy - Alejandro (one of my favorite Lady Gaga songs)
Patrat - Huckabee (thought it was cute)
Lillipup - Raleigh (thought it sounded regal, like a yorkie)

I never gave my pokemon nicknames before this generation. I decided to try it and it's actually pretty neat.

bippacooleth
12th March 2011, 5:40 PM
I've had some trouble this gen thinking up names for my pokemon... I've even stopped renaming some that I don't plan to use which is a big change for me - I've nicknamed almost everything since Blue, beside useless bred ones. I think I'm getting too old and my names are seeming clever enough, and that I like a lot of the names of the new pokemon. However, I have nicknamed my whole party, and I'm relatively happy with them.

Dai the Samurott - named in tribute to Samurott's Japanese name, which I'm in the bad habit of referring to it as.
Trim the Lilligant - The first Petilil I caught was called Prim, as in Primose, so the second one I named Trim to avoid repeating. Trim is also my sister's once nickname, and Lilligant suits her quite well
Zuru the Scraggy - again a reference to its Japanese name, which I love.
Lullite the Duosion - I impulse called my Solosis this, thinking I would never use it. Lul as in 'lol' and ite from cellulite, which Solosis reminded me of for some obscure reason. The name as stuck and I quite like it now.
Stataco the Tynamo - I intended to call it Staccato, as in the musical term, but I mispelt it xD However, Stataco worked quite well in reference to static electricity so I stuck with it.
Ouija the Litwick - reference to Ouija boards, used to communicate with spirits. I'm kind of worried this is offensive, but I really like it. Oui means yes in French and Ja yes in German, which also made me laugh when I realised.

Talvisota
12th March 2011, 6:00 PM
I probably put far, far too much thought into my nicknames, but to be honest it's one of the few marks a trainer can put on their Pokemon's physical appearance so I try to make an effort. I usually try and name my team the way Navy Ships are named bold, and intimidating:

Smurott- Admiraltas
Leavanny- Spinreign
Chandelure- Pandemoni [um] (From Paradise Lost by John Milton)
Bisharp- Ironside (Again with an English Civil War theme)
Hydreion- Tyrannus
Klinklang- Mechacros

Ablepsy
13th March 2011, 12:31 AM
I name my Pokémon after associations I make with either their appearance or names! I like to be thoughtful about it, usually.

Current Team Examples:
Tepig I named Boarbeque after both the hilarity, and a YouTube playthrough-er.
Gothitelle is Lolita because it's obviously based off of Gothic Lolita.
Zoroark is Zoro because it was cute for a little Zorua and also works with its PokéName.
Chandelure is Hanabi because that's Japanese for Fireworks.
Vullaby is Meg because it's ugly.
Beartic is Polaris because of "polar" as in cold, and Polaris is also a star in Ursa Minor.

Dark Sharpedo
13th March 2011, 12:36 AM
I nicknamed my Foongus "Lil' Brat" because I was having such a hard time catching it, its Effect Spore was so annoying
My Herdier "Mah Dawg" <--- First ever caught Poke in Black
My Stunfisk "Da Tramp!" I thought it sounded cool :P

Excadrill
13th March 2011, 12:36 AM
I named my Throh Overhaul.

Camcam
13th March 2011, 12:42 AM
I named my Boufallant..
Afrous.
I thougt it looked like it could be a Tauros evolution and it has a giant afro.

Snipehsheep
13th March 2011, 12:57 AM
Rufflet/Braivary - Waholi (Cherokee for Eagle)
Cubchoo/Beartic- CocaCola (Referencing the polar bears on Coke bottles)
Vanillite- Ben n Jerry (Reference to the ice cream company, also, it's final form is two heads, so two names)
Simipuor, Simisage, Simisear- Nick, Joe, Kevin (Named by my sister. She says they are the Jonas Brother's pokemon >.>)

Nutter t.KK
13th March 2011, 12:58 AM
Gothita - Abby

DiNozzo: Abby Sciuto. Resident NCIS Forensic Specialist, heart and soul. A paradox wrapped in an oxymoron, smothered in contradiction. Sleeps in a coffin. Really the happiest Goth you'll ever meet.

jellayrei
13th March 2011, 1:06 AM
I tried to pick names that were close to the original names in most cases...
Serperior---> Smugleaf (soo not original but I really don't care)
Haxorus----> Haxorz (wanted an "orz" named pokemon =P)
Gothitellete-> Gothaloli (cuz she's a loli-goth pokemon)
Scrafty----> Bcrafty (I was originaly going to name this pokemon Bogaggely but I didn't like the look so I just took the S and replaced it with B)

bolter1
13th March 2011, 1:14 AM
I nicknamed my Oshawott Kendo because kendo translated into "The way of the sword" from Japanese and is a Japanese fighting style.
My Blitzle is name Blitzkrieg because of what it means in German and it just sounds cool, It has nothing to do that Nazis used. Absolutely nothing.
Venipede is nicknamed Pandora because it was the first Venipede I had seen in-game and it is female.
Sandile = Sobek Sobek = Egyptian god of crocidiles (or alligators, I forget)
Braivairy is called Thundrbird because of the giant bird that is prominent in native american legends
Axew is named Skeggox (with two dots over the o, maybe) after a kind of viking battleaxe
Lillipup is named after the dog in Greek or Roman mythology Laelaps
Tirtouga is named Macamaca after what native South Americans called a turtle they worshiped as a god (or something like that)

GalacticMagmortar
13th March 2011, 1:28 AM
This was my Ingame Team's Nickname list:

Samurott: Olly
Krookadile: Crocs
Vanillish: VanillaIce (After the 90's Rapper)
Stoutland: Scooter (After one of my dad's friend's Yorkshire)
Simisear: Blazy

Nightlingbolt
13th March 2011, 1:44 AM
Gothita - Abby

You, madam, have just won the Internet. Congratulations.

はるひ
13th March 2011, 5:17 AM
[final stage] Tepig - Silver (well my favorite video game character is Silver the Hedgehog. Like Tepig, Silver is cute and bad-arse. So my starter is worthy of the name)

[final stage] Purrloin - Kitty (well I had a cat in RL and actually named it Kittykins. I was going to name this Pokemon Kittykins but I didn't come to me until later. So Kitty it was)

Tympole - Black Doom (I wanted to have a Pokemon named after one of my friends and this was their UN on here and on there other place where I am at. Also, the fact that they are both cute, smart and kick-arse made this one worthy of it's name)

Cottanee - Cloudy (it looks like a cloud, nuff said)

[second stage]Lilipup - Lily (Lilipup. Ehh lol

Sewaddle - Cutie (I thought it was cute what can I say)

SuperWeb606
13th March 2011, 5:24 AM
Hmm, I enjoy the nicknames I came up with. Basically, if you're on my team and get a nickname, it means you're pretty important to the team. Most nicknames aren't immediate either. My team is...

Scout the Serperior- named it after Scout in to kill a mockingbird, mostly because mine is a girl and the rest of the team is boys, and Scout seems like a tomboy-ish name.

Sherman the Litwick. After general sherman, since I'm doing a project on him.

Leanardo the turtle fossil thing, after the teenage mutant ninja turtle

Jack the once timburr, you know, since lumberjack...ahaha..

Blitzkreig the Blitzle, sounds a bit nicer, and I think blitzkreig bop when I hear it.

Alejandro the Woobat. Sounded like a good ladies man name. XD

StarScream144
13th March 2011, 1:23 PM
I named my Haxorus Hax0rusRex :D

The Wallflower
13th March 2011, 1:35 PM
I'm nicknaming all my Pokemon after food...My team's nicknames are Oreo, Salsa, Pickles, Hershey, Jelly and Caramel...

LimeStar
13th March 2011, 3:41 PM
My team at the moment is:

Cian the Samurott, from 'cyan', plus it sounds cool :P Was originally 'Quote', and I'm thinking about renaming it 'Kazuma' (meaning 'one vision').

Kaito the Sawk, from the Vocaloid, and it means 'dipper of sake', which makes me think he's a bit of a cocky fighter, who drinks rice wine x3 Awesome imagery there.

Zytome the Solosis, from 'cytoplasm', the jelly stuff around a cell, and the ending is just added on. Also, in German, Reuniclus is Zytomega, which is an epic name :3

Khaskagus the Yamask, from 'kaan', which is Japanese for 'coffin', the ending of Desukaan, 'casket', and 'outrageous' or 'egregious', both meaning similar things.

Still need to name my Archeops, and choose a final member of my White team. I'm thinking probably, an Ice-type or Dragon-type, but perhaps a Dark-type.

Grei
13th March 2011, 5:50 PM
Going with a color theme!

Samurott: Blue
Braviary: White
Seismitoad: Navy
Lilligant: Green
Scrafty: Yellow
Darmanitan: Red
Reuniclus: Lime

Asmoday
13th March 2011, 5:57 PM
i named my watchog and swan pokemon hm slaves lol

Weaver_8
13th March 2011, 6:20 PM
i named my watchog and swan pokemon hm slaves lol

GASP! I named my Swanna Sepheroth and he owns all in his sight. My Watchog is named Lulu and for some reason when I train her it takes longer to run into wild pokemon then my other Pokemon. Perhaps that is because of the way she was tearing through everything earlier in the game, and she still is a little beast. Watchog forever! I have to admit though Swanna is what could be said to be a perfect HM slave. Personally I prefer team mascot for these certain individuals.

Aqua Ring
13th March 2011, 7:10 PM
I wasn't able to play too much yesterday since I went to the fair and hung out with friends afterwards.

I caught a few more pokemon, and I gave them nicknames.

Purrloin - Lucia
Munna - Moon (I almost hesitated giving her a nickname because I actually really like the name of Munna)
Panpour - Sinclaire (he's a little girly so I gave him a girly name)
Roggenrola - Rogan
Woobat - Rudy

Slowemperor
13th March 2011, 7:32 PM
I went with an egyptian mythology theme:
Serperior: Apophis
(Panpour: Tot
Timburr: Ptah
Venipede: Selkis)
Darmanitan: Bes
Cofagrigus: Osiris
Krookodile: Sobek
Reuniclus: Hapi
Carracosta: Shetw (the hardest to name)

Poke_Mania97
13th March 2011, 7:41 PM
Mine are:
Warrior for samurott, i was gonna call it WarMachine
Krocky for Krookadile
Bolt for Zebstrika

smashbro77
14th March 2011, 12:31 AM
i still need a name for my fraxure any ideas?

the rest of my team is:
Archeops - froot loop
emboar - ogre 2
simisage - flohawk
darmanitan - tang

Snipehsheep
14th March 2011, 12:33 AM
i still need a name for my fraxure any ideas?

the rest of my team is:
Archeops - froot loop
emboar - ogre 2
simisage - flohawk
darmanitan - tang

Halberd, it's a type of axe.

SeederTheSnake
14th March 2011, 12:42 AM
My team at the moment is:
Jack the Servine, because he always uses Leech Seed.
Percival the Excadrill, because he's a Steel type, the entire Excalibur comparison reminded me of the Arthurian legend, and he was meant to be used with my Soon-To-Be Escavalier.
Alexander the Duosion, because his design reminded me of Dr.Gilbert Alexander/Alex The Great from Bioshock 2.
Lancelot the Karrablast, because of obvious reasons.

Zalbar
14th March 2011, 1:55 AM
Named my Victini Dartangian after the forth Muskateer from the books "The Three Muskateers" and "The Man in the Iron Mask"

Named my Snivey "Slither" since it's from a family of snakes, but changed When I got to the name rater because I wasn't happy with the name. Now it's "Prefect", named for the character Ford Prefect from the Hitchhiker's book series since his nature is Quirky.

Named my Scraggy "Thugish" because the way it is always pulling up its excess skin reminds me of all those teenagers in my area who "sag" thier jeans down to the mid-thigh area and constantly have to tug at them to keep them from falling off.

Named my Joltik Serge because it's electric (Surge) and for the main character in a series of dark-humor crime novels by Tim Dorsey about a hyper active serial killer named Serge Storms.

Still trying to find names for my other two guys, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon.

Fox Reeveheart
14th March 2011, 2:01 AM
Caracossta (water/rock turtle) - Archelon (the pre-historic sea-turtle it's based off of)

krookodile - Renekton (egyptian croc god)

Galvantula - Skillet (just sounds good)

Stoutland - Ocho (named after my grandparent's yorkshire terrier that I named when i was a toddler back in like 1990)

Shiny Nidoking - Destroyah (name of the kaiju that kills baby godzilla, but killed by godzilla who then resurrects baby godzilla, which nidoking reminds me of)

Shiny Solrock - Apollo

When i get my Volcarona .... Helios (titan god of the sun that pulled the sun across the sky via chariot)

Simon Alexander
14th March 2011, 2:29 AM
I lurve nicknames XD Most of them that I come up with either just sound cool to me or are random. However, the ones worth mentioning are:

-Hikozaru the pansear. Hikozaru is chimchar's japanese name, and they're both weird-looking fire monkeys.

-Gay Andrew, the male unfezant. I named him after this kid in my history class that I affectionately call Gay Andrew. Gay Andrew would probably wear a mask like a male unfezant's. To class. Casually.

-Buffalo Jones, the Bouffalant. Just because Buffalo Jones is a wonderful name. I don't actually have a Bouffalant yet (well, I do in VDex but) but when I get one, this will be its nickname.

smashbro77
14th March 2011, 2:48 AM
Halberd, it's a type of axe.

Oo i like that thank you for the Idea i think i might use it

Asmoday
14th March 2011, 8:45 AM
A local buddie of mine and i are going to battle tomorrow
I want to be funny so I named my Emboar Phat*** lol
and i will be using this pig against him :p

tombux
14th March 2011, 9:52 AM
emboar = Bacon

im needing a haxorus nickname

Dark Sharpedo
14th March 2011, 12:43 PM
For some weird reason, I nicknamed a Palpitoad (Now a Sesmitoad), Koosko. :P
Still dont know why, it just sounded right :D

Pokemon Trainer Blue
14th March 2011, 1:12 PM
I never nickname my Pokemon. It just doesn't sound right.

Jenza1202
14th March 2011, 1:51 PM
I either go with a final fantasy theme (either characters, Summons or Cities)

But at the moment I'm going with a Diagnosis Murder theme on my Leafgreen

LanceTheDragonMaster
14th March 2011, 2:00 PM
When I get Black, I am going for a TV show theme.
Probably House.

aclover
14th March 2011, 3:17 PM
Okay...
Samurott: Ken (♂) (Reminds me of a samurai's name for some reason... Kensuke?)

Swoobat: Romeo (♂ ) (The heart on their noses, Relates to love, Thus Romeo from Romeo and Juliet.)

Whimsicott: Fluffen (♀) (Fluffy parts and an -en at the end to make it more female sounding)

Scrafty: Robin (♂) (Sounds similar to 'robbing' as in robbing a bank, i like it, think it fits with the attitude of the pokemon.)

Galvantula: Voltette (♀) (Volt is a part of electricity, which is part of this pokemon's typing and its a female so I added an female suffix 'ette')

Chandelure: Charly (♀) ('Char' relates to fire, again part of the pokemons typing and an 'y' to make it more femminine.)

Asmoday
14th March 2011, 5:31 PM
I went to the name rater just now and I renamed my Simisage Danksage lol

Chibi_Muffin
14th March 2011, 6:09 PM
I nickname all my non-legendaries, so I'll share you the names of my non-legendaries right now...

Male Serperior - Galileo
The name just works. That's all.
Male Simipour - Marley
He's a reggae monkey, for crying out loud!
Male Musharna - Remmy
From REM, the bit of sleep when you dream.
Male Swoobat - Snowball
He's got white fluff. =]
Male Excadrill - Stanley
A reference to Holes. The main character is called Stanley.
Female Leavanny - Gypsy
A reference to A Bug's Life, even though the Gypsy in the film is a moth.
Male Whimsicott - Socks
A play on the saying 'bless his little cotton socks'.
Male Darmanitan - Jim
He looks like a Jim.
Male Scrafty - Don
It's a gangster-type name.
Female Cofagrigus - Cleo
Short for Cleopatra.
Male Archeops - Archie
Do I have to say this one?
Male Zoroark - Sylvester
Looks like a Sylvester.
Female Cinccino - Sophie
A cute but elegant name.
Male Reuniclus - Embrie
A cute version of embryo.
Female Vannilish - Gelato
Italian for ice cream.
Female Sawsbuck/Sawsdoe - Fauna
A nice name that's elegant and means nature (or something like that).
Female Emolga - Louise
It fits her.
Male Frillish - Roland
Reference to King Roland from MySims.
Male Galvantula - Fuzzy
Well, a tarantula would be fuzzy.
Male Beheeyem - Seven
Sounds like a name an alien would have.
Female Lampent - Lumie
Shorter and cuter version of lumiere, 'light'.
Male Axew - Hatchet
Hatchet is another word for axe.
Male Shelmet - Mushi
Japanese for bug, suitable for a future slug ninja.
Female Mienfoo - Violet
Her evolution is purple.

I'm also planning on catching a female Deino named Persephone (after Hades' wife in Greek mythology) and a female Volcarona named Rae (like a ray of light). What do you think?

NoHatPat
14th March 2011, 6:40 PM
I tend to give some silly names for my poke's...

Serperior - Snakeyes (eh, I was trying to think of something cool but this was the best I could come up with)
Watchog - Cocopuffs. Well his cheeks are puffy and he looks coo-coo. :\
Pidove - Droppings. On account that birds leave droppings all over my car...
Gigalith - Stonecold. Yea! Well at first I named him Stoner but then my friend was under the impression of something else with that name...
Drilbur - Whackame. You know... whack a mole...
Conkeldurr - Buggy. Like Buggy the clown...
Throh & Sawk - Ernie and Bert. Not very original I know...
Scolipede - Venomous. Well I had a female named Venomiss, but the nature was bad so I caught a new one and named it more masculine...
Liligant - Nothing special... tried to come up with many... Lily, Lila, Flora, Serene... then I just went with Evergreen, despite that she may not survive Winter like evergreen trees.
Krookodile - Gatesta. Was trying to figure out how to combine gansta with gator. Yea it didn't work out but whatever.
Scrafty - Lizarski. Based off Jude Lizowski's laid back mellow attitude from 6teen.
Garbodor - Trashjuice. To remind me many of the times I got covered in trash juice working as an usher in a movie theater...
Gothorita - Moody. Cuz she looks like she's in a bad mood...
Reuniclus - Bubbleboy. Based off the movie.
Sawsbuck - Rannoch. Based off the book, Fire Bringer.
Escavalier - Thrusty. Thrust and rusty!
Elgyem - Wall E. It might not be robotic but it sure would be cute if he could say that.
Tynamo - Slime Eel. Yea... not original.
Mienshao - Xiao-Ji. I have no idea. I don't even know if that means anything.

KickAsh
14th March 2011, 7:41 PM
Mienshao - Xiao-Ji. I have no idea. I don't even know if that means anything.
If you really had no idea, then wow you picked a good pair of random words.
Xiāo jī is the phonetic spelling of the Chinese word for "nitro".

Pikawho?
14th March 2011, 8:32 PM
Nanda?! (Samurott): "Nanda?!" is an Japanese exclamation which essentially means "What?!". I saw a few internet pics of "Oshawott" being used as an exclamation and decided that it fit the little guy. It's fully evolved now, but the name kinda still fits it. =/

Underminer (Excadrill): Reference to the villain that shows up at the very end of Pixar's Incredibles. Wasn't hard to come up with.

Fangface (Druddigon): Nothing special about it. Was bored and wanted someone to have a childish nickname. Hence, Fangface was born!

FiahMan (Darmanitan): FiahMan = fancy spelling of Fireman. Again, nothing special here.

Creeptile (Scrafty): Creepy + Reptile = Creeptile. More of a reference to his first stage, whose animation pulls up his skin (his pants) then promptly lets them drop (like he's flashing errybody). I fell in love instantly with this guy and had to have him. =P

Tektite (Gigalith): Blatant LoZ reference. Just look at Boldore's sprite.

ButtKicka (Sawk): Self-explanatory. The guy looked strong and was my trump card for the early portion of the game (Jolly nature = faster than errybody). Eventually his moveset made him obsolete and I then found Fangface to replace him.

tombux
14th March 2011, 10:31 PM
any one have any good haxorus nicknames?

Bleu
14th March 2011, 11:16 PM
any one have any good haxorus nicknames?
I nicknamed my own Haxorus Dahlia for personal reasons (named after a dinosaur mountain in a good old RPG I used to play)

Other good Haxorus names I'll need to cast my creativity magic for.
Fang
Shatterus
Bunker
Weasel
Sly
Rift
Wrecker (Named my Garchomp this)
Ruin (Named my other Garchomp this)
BattleAxe
Edge
Bluntscar

Okay time for my own Pokemon names: (Only picked some recent favourites)
Chandelure - Deadlock
Zoroark - Millenium
Reshiram - Yangdra
Serperior - Yindra
Sawk - Gnasty (looks like something ripped straight out of the PSX Spyro games)
Whimsicott - Whyrd (Rabbits from FFXII. Reminds me of one of those)
Tynamo - Dynamo (Yeah, REAL creative...)
Victini - Vixen
Ninetales - Terra
Skarmory - Bladevader (DUN DUN DA DUN DA DA DUN DA DA DUN. Definitely my favourite name of the lot.)
Bastiodon - Helmet
Scizor - Swifter
Fearow - Glimmer [*Shinies get shiny names. Sorta.]
Unown A - Amber [*Shiny]
Nidoking - Bleu [*Shiny]
Unfezant - Raven (deja vu?)
Gyrados - Hermes (Part of my Greek team)
Weavile - Artemis

AmusedMilk
15th March 2011, 1:19 AM
Emboar-Manbearpig.(South Park FTW!)
Unfezant-Baka Doven.(Baka=Baker's, Doven=dove+dozen)
Simisage-Sage Li(GSC reference.)
Cofagrigus-CoffCoff.(*coughcough*)
Carracosta-Blas2ise.(Figure it out)
Pawniard-RedRanger.(Kinda looks like the Red Ranger)

Reiji Kurosaky
15th March 2011, 2:54 AM
I just got my Tirtouga and called it Leonardo (after the TMNT).

sunnygowing
15th March 2011, 2:55 AM
Beldum - Boonus (I once said it as a mistake and I liked it)
Tepig - Teh Pig (Why didn't this get as much coverage as Smugleaf?)
Starmie - Starman (...yeah it's lame)
Volcarona - My Sharona (I like the song, so what? Also, I've yet to breed one)
Spheal - Awesome (I got one in XD and it was awesome)
Shroomish - Shroomy (It's similar but awesome)
Swampert - TehMudkips (I like them!)
Weavile - Gonzalez (I was thinking about Speedy Gonzalez, also my fastest EV trained pkmn)
Thoes are the only memorable ones, if I strayed away from just the Black/ White pkmn, then i apologise!

GalladeRocks
15th March 2011, 3:03 AM
I nickname all of my Pokemon except Legendaries. Here's my main team's nicknames:

Samurott (M)-Wotter (Water + Otter)
Leavanny (F)-Tailor (It's a sewing Pokemon, like a tailor, and it's a girl, so I was thinking Taylor)
Krookodile (M)-K.Rool (Tee hee Donkey Kong reference)
Darmanitan (M)-Rango (Like an orangutan, plus I'd been seeing a lot of previews for the movie Rango)
Eelektross (F)-Sparky (Meh, I couldn't really think of a good name)
Haxorus (M)-Excelsior (Because it's an awesome word to scream and it means "Ever Upward", which sounds inspiring for a Dragon type)

Dark Latios
15th March 2011, 3:23 AM
Skye(male)-Samurott: Idk.. it just sounds cute. He's blue like the sky and its kind of a contradiction since he's water type.
Chaos(male)-Hydreigon: He's badass. Nuff said. :)
Athena(female)-Chandelure: Remember mythology? Athena, the goddess of war. I'm in love with this pokemon.
Annex(male)-Gavantula: I was helping my mom with math and this came up. It fits somehow and I like it.
Kriss(female)-Gigalith: I know I've seen this word before in another game but it may have been spelled 'kris'. I like it better than krystal which was my first thought.

Not sure what to name my braviary yet but when I get it I know something will come to me.

Lucario0708
15th March 2011, 3:28 AM
My team at the moments names are

Zekrom- Black (Nuff said)
Samurott- Kakashi (off Naruto Shippuden, he looks like he would be a ninja / samurai)
Victini- V-Blaze (nuff said)
Zoroark- Shadow (was thinking Zhadow but whatever)
Bisharp- Gawain (King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table)
Reuniclus- de blob (figure it out)
Haxorus- Excutioner (dam charlimit)

@above^: Braviary = Eagleheart

Aquarelle
15th March 2011, 4:02 AM
I just got my Tirtouga and called it Leonardo (after the TMNT).

I just called mine "NinjaTurtl" after TMNT! :P
Too bad there wasn't enough room for me to spell "Turtle" right, though. :/

I caught a Volcarona today and named it "FlowrPower", because it reminds me of a flower. The Zekrom I caught yesterday is named "ZOMG!1Ball" or something dumb like that because I just tossed an Ultra Ball as soon as the battle started and caught it. I also have a Heatmor named "CritHitHax" because it took me five tries to catch one because the other ones I found all fainted from critical hits.

Brave Birdy
15th March 2011, 4:04 AM
Serperior: Nagini (Named after Voldemort's snake....I'm a bit of a Harry Potter nerd :P )

Krookodile: Bandit (He looks like a robber, therefore he is Bandit.)

Gothitelle: Excessum (It's the Latin word for "death." And it sounds cool.)

Galvantula: Joule (As in James Joule. Think science and energy.)

Jellicent: Hearts (As in the Queen of Hearts.)

Haxorus: Headless (He's not headless, but you will be when he's done with you.)

Procrastinator4
15th March 2011, 4:17 AM
My entire team is based off of former famous Chinese emperors/empresses.

Mienshao - Cixi (Empress Dowager Cixi of the Qing Dynasty.)
Samurott - Huizong (One of the greatest emperors of China, although he often neglected the military forces in exchange for art and Chinese culture. Huizong, birthname being Zhao Ji was of the Song Dynasty of China.)
Crustle - Xuanzong (Birth name being Li Longji was a emperor of the Tang Dynasty of China.)
Braviary - Kangxi (One of China's greatest emperors to ever live and also the longest one to ever reign in the history of China, Kangxi was of the Qing Dynasty.)
Jellicent - Hongwu (Birth name, Zhu Yuanzhang was an insane leader of the Ming dynasty, putting 40,000 to death after finding out about his prime minister plotting against him.)

123jeffrey
15th March 2011, 4:41 AM
Well, I named all my party pokemon with the suffix "zors". Yep. I'm just that uncreative T_T.

Charoshi
15th March 2011, 5:13 AM
Alright, I decided for my 3rd play through, I'd do nicknames. Only got one so far, very uncreative, but it was my first impression of the pokemon.

Bacon (Tepig)

monowiwi
15th March 2011, 5:22 AM
Samurott: Oshi, It is a cute name for an Oshawott and now that is a Samurott I use it like the expresion they use in my school "Oh Shi!" meaning "Oh Yeah!"

Herdier: Perry, It has to do with a dog since dog in spanish is "perro" and one of my favorite singers is "Katy Perry" so with my Herdier being a female it is a good name.

Volcarona: B-Burn, since its a short name for "Bug Burn"

Procrastinator4
15th March 2011, 6:15 AM
Samurott: Oshi, It is a cute name for an Oshawott and now that is a Samurott I use it like the expresion they use in my school "Oh Shi!" meaning "Oh Yeah!"

:'D Shí is the phonetic spelling of 'yes' in Chinese. I just felt like throwing that out there due to your comment, but to not qualify this entirely as spam I may as well throw in a few random nicknames as well.

Kingler - Berwald (Based on my Swedish friend who has a slight obsession with crabs, an unhealthy obsession at that.)

Garbodor - Sir Eduard (When I first saw him, he reminded me of a sophisticated man, hence the name.)

pickledArbok
15th March 2011, 7:07 AM
Krookodile - sandstream (had in mind the evolved starters in the first movie as he replaced my serperior)

Meinshao - chowmein (mein automaticaly drew me to my favourite food)

Alomomola - Alohomora (similar looking, I like adding the magic to this blatent luvdisc ripoff)

Cinccino - cappuccino (it's basically miniccino with white foam on top)

Reuniclus - jellybeans (just because Reuniclus looks tasty like a jelly worm but has bean like things suspended in it)

Golurk - Lurch (from the Addams family as its part ghost, plus it still looks like it says lurk)

Kor'vodisth
15th March 2011, 7:58 AM
Well I'm not impressive with my names but here goes...

Krookodile(male) - Lockjaw - Yeah sort of named it when I first caught it as a Sandile, not really original
Lampent(male) - Shinen - Means "spirit-fire" in japanese, referenced it from Magic The Gathering, Kamigawa block.
Liepard(male) - Bast - Thought it was a a great name until I finally realized that my Purrlion was male....by then it was too late.
Samurott(male) - Razor - Was a name I chose because I couldn't think of one, suited okay however, but I would probably of chose a different name given the time.
Sawsbuck(male) - Duke - Deerling and Sawsbuck are based off deer and stags look quite regal. Out of all titles based around royalty/landownership, duke sounded the most fitting
Zebstrika(female) - Shock - Very Generically chosen name, also very unoriginal too.
Stoutland(male) - Scruffy - It looks scruffy, thats why I chose to call it that. Probably very generic

Charoshi
15th March 2011, 8:06 AM
Alrighty, so I caught Drilbur, and I planned to name it Resetti if it was a male, but I caught a female and nicknamed her Sandstorm, after a favourite of mine from the Warriors series. :)

Bacon (Pignite)
Sandstorm (Drilbur)

Just caught Sewaddle. Nicknamed him Verdant.

jwla
15th March 2011, 1:41 PM
My team has some interesting nicknames, as do man of the Pokemon I have (some of them have less-inspired nicknames!). My team is:

Usogawa (Samurott)--Uso (otter), k/gawa (river). A Japanese name that sounds like it might belong to a Samurai.
Dylan (Simisear)--Simisear looks like Bob Dylan. (I have a Simisage named Presley, and a Simipour named Marley!)
Herman (Crustle)--It's a hermit crab. Herman the hermit crab...haha
Ceasar (Sawsbuck)--I wanted to keep the sea- sound of season in there, and give him a name. It's a misspelling of Caesar, but it does nicely.
Roswell (Beheeyem)--It's an alien. 'Nuff said.
Tik-Tok (Golurk)--Golett reminds me of Tik-Tok from Return to Oz. It's robotic looking...

Prototype-Punk
16th March 2011, 8:25 AM
Emboar (m)- Ganon (From The Legend of Zelda series)
Swoobat (m)- Batman (From DC Comics)
Scolipede (m)- Venom (From Marvel Comics)
Simisage (m)- Saiyan (From Dragon Ball series)
Zorua (m)- Deadpool (From Marvel Comics)
Zebstrika (f)- Ixion (Final Fantasy Summon)

Thats my team so far.

jstinftw!
16th March 2011, 10:57 AM
I nicknamed my Emboar Rollo. Why? No idea. It used to be Rallo. I might even switch back to that. I sat for five minutes trying to think of a name for my Tepig, but I couldn't. So I made one at random. ^___^

I nicknamed my Crustle Cogs. I was in the Beauty and the Beast play for my school (but it was cancelled) and I wanted to name one of my Pokemon Cogsworth/Cogs in honor of my part. And it seemed to fit, with a bug type. So I went with it. ^_____^

I nicknamed my Swanna Duckie. It was originally Duckieduck when she was a Ducklett, but It was too long and I wanted something more fitting of a swan. So I named it Duckie. Less. Not elegant I guess.

I nicknamed my Sawsbuck Autumn. It used to be Sadie, because I saw the name Sadie Grace in a magazine and liked it. But I didn;t like it anymore on Sawsbuck. So i renamed it Autumn, in honor of its changing for and the form I caught it in.

I nicknamed my Haxorus Toothless, in honor of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon, a movie I recently watched and is now probably my favorite animated movie. I've watched it like, 5 times so far. Big, for a guy who doesn't really like movies.

I nicknamed my Beartic Chubchubs. I did so because when I caught her as a Cubchoo, my sister misread it and called it Chubchoo. And I like the Chub part. I might rename her Chubs, or Chubbie. Chubchubs doesn't look too nice.

And finally. I left my Zekrom as Zekrom, out of respect to its Legendary status.

travisjb1990
16th March 2011, 12:52 PM
I chose nicknames for my Pokemon before but I am not doing it anymore. I am going to stick with their original names.

Politoad
16th March 2011, 1:03 PM
Samurott - Wotter - It's a water type and it's a sea otter.
Stoutland - Grover - I actually have no idea.
Lilligant - Nurturer - It's moveset is Quiver Dance, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, and Giga Drain.
Conkeldurr (traded) - I used to have a Gurdurr named ChrlySheen. I thought it was funny.
Emolga - Minipete - I traded it from the hiker on Route 7 I think.
Zekrom - Buttercup - What's more awesome than having a total beast named after something tiny, harmless, and delicious?

Skibob
16th March 2011, 1:51 PM
My friends and I have come up with:

Simisear: Embergency
Simisage: Timbergncy
Simipour: Submergncy

Which we had to shorten the last two to make room for the characters.

My team all had nicknames:

Samurott: Seppukumon (blatantly stolen from Hey Ash Whatcha Playin)
Sigilyph: Xatwo
Sawk: Siskel (NO ONE HAS GOTTEN THE REFERENCE YET D: )
Simisear: Embergency, again.
Krookodile: Kroikey
Zebstrika: Zapra II (Had one in white too that I just named Zapra).

I thought they were pretty good. :/

Charoshi
16th March 2011, 6:10 PM
Caught my Sigilyph and named him Hiero, cause when ever I think of Sigilyph I think Hieroglyph. Than I went back to Castelia and renamed Swadloon Link just in time for evolution.

Bacon (Pignite)
Sandstorm (Drilbur)
Link (Leavanny)
Heiro (Sigilyph)

GirlsILikeThem
16th March 2011, 6:17 PM
I nickname all my Pokemon, and currently in Black I'm nicknaming all the female Pokemon with a capital letter followed by several lower-case letters, but the males get ALLCAPS because I dislike males.

The only exception is my Sawk nicknamed Jonas, as in Jonas Salk. I also plan to get a Pichu after National Dex and call it "Macchu," so that it can be a Macchu Pichu.

Anyway, my Herdier is called Nacir, my Liepard is Crainy, my Simisage is called LANNY, my Pignite is Munchin (didn't think of capitalizing all male names till I caught my first male Pokemon in the game), my Tranquill is named Lovina, and my Tympole is called Wurma.

Pir8Heart
16th March 2011, 6:48 PM
This thread seems interesting, so I'll start.

I nicknamed my Servine "Leaf" based on Snivy, and because of the simplicity. When he evolves into a Serperior, I might change into something wind-related (cool, distsant) like Gale, or since I like switching letters around, Gael. I nicknamed my Panpour "B'loone", as a pun on Balloon and Boone. My Liepard is "Prima", my Tranquill is "Leah" (couldn't think at the time, but I won't change it), my Archen is Pteryne (pronounced terre-in, based on that T sound that "Pt" makes, which is common on bird-like dinosours) and my Zebstrika is Cielle (pretty). This is for my team so far, though.

Crystalmew9
16th March 2011, 6:51 PM
I always have a naming scheme. Right now, I use colors, in Black.

Mister Melancholy
16th March 2011, 8:32 PM
I named my White team after confectionary, namely cakes.

Emboar (female) is named Tiramisu after the famous Italian cake. I imagined my Tepig to be a sweet, little darling (modest nature, though unfortunately I still made it a physical attacker), which is the main reasoning as to why I named her that. Also, Tiramisu and Tepig both start with a "t". Unfortunately, it doesn't account for both its middle and final evolutions.

Leavanny (female) is named Red Velvet after the actual "red velvet" cake. The only reason I named her such was the fact I was eating a piece of red velvet cake during her capture, though if I think about it, I do think of my Leavanny as sweet on the outside (like the white frosting commonly seen in red velvet) but not so much on the inside. She's also very stubborn (conveniently, she has an adamant nature) and surprisingly sturdy, withstanding a couple of supereffective moves. Red Velvet is my favourite: both the actual food and as my Leavanny.

Krookodile (male) is named Lemone, after a lemon cake. To those wondering, it's pronounced "lay-moan". He's pretty blunt and bitter but can be surprisingly dense (naive nature). Currently, he is my strongest, though that is probably due to the fact of his typing and how he can easily annihilate half of the Elite Four.

Jellicent (male) is named King Devil, after Devil's food cake. Unlike most kings, he is quite "modest" (fortunately; I get all giddy whenever my Pokemon get good natures on the first capture). He is somewhat spiteful, however, as he always seemed to lose as a Frillish, but now he's one of my strongest (he helped me beat both Cynthia's Lucario and Garchomp at only level 61) and likes taking mischievous vengeance on the Pokemon that once defeated him. He's looking at you, Zebstraika.

Gothitelle (male) is named Karote, after the carrot cake, and it's pronounced "keh-wrote". I asked my sister to get me one in exchange for a Reuniclus, and she gave me a modest one, which is pretty neat.

Whimsicott (female) is named Chez Moi, after cheesecake. Again, I got this in a trade from my sister in exchange for my Escavelier, and conveniently, it is once again a modest nature (I seem to keep getting Pokemon that are either modest or adamant). I know I already have a grass type, but I really wanted to have a Whimsicott. They're so adorable! Plus, its Hurricane attack is amazing, and the fact that it has Prankster makes everything so much better.

Klinklang, my newest member, is named K2, mainly because I caught it back in Chargestone having no plan on using it, but after the league, I decided to train one. The only reason I named it "K2" was because I was planning on naming it Kenny, but somehow I accidentally pressed the "2" instead of an "e" and I didn't feel like typing the rest anyway, so K2 it is and K2 it stayed.

I'm also planning on getting a Cincinno whenever I can get into the Dream World, and I will be naming him/her something relating to fudge.

And yes, I do have personalities for my Pokemon. :P

Dj-sprat
16th March 2011, 9:10 PM
I have a female Munna named Dreema

IatosHaunted
16th March 2011, 9:33 PM
I decided to name all my team members after manga characters this time around.

Serperior "Orochimaru"(Naruto)
Carracosta "Vice"(Ultimo)
Zebstrika "Sasuke"(Naruto)
Krookodile "Gendo"(Evangelion)
Sipighyph "Silva"(Shaman King)
Haxorus "Kaiba"(Yu-Gi-Oh!)

xKatie0391
16th March 2011, 9:47 PM
I've nicknamed quite a few of my pokemon:

Oshawott (male); Wotter - A lot of people on another forum dubbed it Wotter before the English name was revealed.
Lillipup (female); Lily - I have a Yorkie called Lily on my Nintendogs game
Darumaka (male); Strawberry - He looks like a little dancing strawberry <3
Audino (female); Joy - After reading a B/W comic online, where an Audino was called Joy, I wanted to call one that
Swoobat (female); Weeble - I thought it was a cute name when she was a Woobat
Roggenrola (male); Rolly - the "rola" in the name made me want to name it Rolly ^^
Munna (female); Piggle - Just a random cute name
Liepard (female); Lady - Named after my old cat Lady who died a few years ago
Zoroark (female); Yuuki - Randomly picked

Kabutopzilla
16th March 2011, 10:11 PM
At first, I didn't nickname anything. Then, later on, I found out where the Name Rater was.

Serperior

I nicknamed my Serperior Servort, like serpent and fort (not creative, but it rolls off the tongue), because of Serperior's surprising effectiveness as a wall.

Archeops

This one I nicknamed something not as many people would initially get--Raptornis. It's a fusion of "raptor" (which an archeopteryx was pretty much a feathered raptor) and "Gastornis", a feathered and flightless prehistoric bird which was enormous and extremely dangerous as an apex predator.

Krookodile

I kept his name relatively simple: Nile. I find it to be extremely fitting, given that it is a crocodile from the desert.

Chandelure

This here's my favorite of my nicknames... are you ready for it?

Burnshee.

Okay, so that wasn't as epic as it should've been, but the name fits the Pokémon very well. In case you didn't know, it's a portmanteau of "burn" (since it's a chandelier and is Fire-type) and "banshee" (a common name given to a screaming ghost).

Scizor

My Scizor from SoulSilver makes a return in my White version, and thus it retains its old nickname: Badarse. The name is pretty self-explanatory... because Scizor is just badarse.

Tyranitar

As with Scizor, my Tyranitar from SoulSilver keeps its old nickname: Warmaster. The name fits very well, because this beast is a tank: it can take hits and make you wish you hadn't taken the shot, just like a tank from typical warfare.

Skibob
16th March 2011, 10:29 PM
At first, I didn't nickname anything. Then, later on, I found out where the Name Rater was.

Chandelure

This here's my favorite of my nicknames... are you ready for it?

Burnshee.

Okay, so that wasn't as epic as it should've been, but the name fits the Pokémon very well. In case you didn't know, it's a portmanteau of "burn" (since it's a chandelier and is Fire-type) and "banshee" (a common name given to a screaming ghost).

That... is brilliant. Just putting that out there.
I might have to use that at some point if you don't mind. :P

Jonny.
16th March 2011, 10:56 PM
I spend ages nicknaming and I never think it's quite right, but after a while spent with those nicknames they just become the pokémon.

At the moment on White I've got:

Archeops: Quezacoatl - A shortened version of the name Quetzalcoatl, the mythical feathered serpent.

Zoroark: DarkNation - The name of Rufus Shinra's pet dog/panther thing.

Scyther: Antlion - Always looking to change this one. Taken because it looks similar to the HL2 antlions.

Scraggy: Carcer - The name of a ruthless criminal from one of the Discworld novels. Chosen for the Dark/Fighting combination.

Serperior: Anacondaur - A random battle enemy in FF8. Might rename it, might not.

Cofagrigus: Soulstone - Chosen because of the Ghost type and the small stone idol of a face on its pre-evolved form.

Zebstrika: Ixion - The name of the thunder elemental aeon from FFX.

Throh: Titan - Stuck for something good here so I just went with whatever.

Klink: MetalGear - Pretty much.

And in the early stages of the game I had a Pidove called Sky Rat.

MeiChama
16th March 2011, 11:12 PM
Excadrill is Simon
Krookodile is Kamina
Braviary is Tibarn
Victini is Vivi

DarumakkaImposter
16th March 2011, 11:22 PM
the only pokemon ive really nicknamed was my carracosta and i named him turtle (yes i know. not that original)

Mogar
16th March 2011, 11:35 PM
I always Nickname all my Pokemon :>

Currently:
Jaroo the Serperior (Male)
Rikku The Simipour (Male)
Shibi The Eelecktrik (Male)
Sora The Reniculus (Female)
Ventus The Mienshao (Female)
Memento The Litwick (Female)

Kabutopzilla
16th March 2011, 11:43 PM
That... is brilliant. Just putting that out there.
I might have to use that at some point if you don't mind. :P

Thanks!

And sure, go ahead. :B

---------------

I call my Haxorus... Haxorzus. srs hax

koa'kiyuri
17th March 2011, 12:24 AM
my Timburr is named Johnny 2x4. (My best friend Plank)

Blackjack the Titan
17th March 2011, 10:44 AM
Awesome Unova starter nicknames!
Snivy- Chlorothon
Tepig- Emblast
Oshawott-Tsunamaru

Monochromatic
17th March 2011, 10:46 AM
Just named my Volcarona Incubus.

It's close enough to incubator while still sounding good, and I'm going to use it's Flame Body ability to hatch eggs faster.

Zhanton
17th March 2011, 11:05 AM
Dewott - Pascal
Herdier - Scruffy
Petilil - Petunia
Woobat - Hart

My team, also the best nicknames I've come up with this gen -.- I like Pascal and Hart the best, though.

Azulart
17th March 2011, 11:12 AM
I called my male snivy just simpely.. Snake
(It kinda refers to Metal gear solid :P)

I haven't really focused on the names of black and white..
but my Soulsilver team had cool names in my opinion.

Aipom (Female) Timid
Ainora
Gligar (Male) Impish
Gilgamesh
Sneasel (Female) Jolly
Serenity
Roselia (Female) Modest
Rose
Croconaw (Male) Adamant
Faziroth
Misdreavus (Female) Calm
Malice

wearjo
18th March 2011, 12:47 AM
Ok so i got my emolga via ingame trade... really??? Minipete???? is that the best nickname you could give him Manny?

Romeo Romeo
18th March 2011, 1:05 AM
Garchomp: Princess.
It just suited her lol, she's a very fierce fighter and has a lot of wins under her belt but at the end of a long day of bloodshed, she stills like a little pampering and attention ^_^;

Salamence: Merlin.
Because I've EV trained him in Sp.Atk, and his attacks are kinda reminiscent of magic.

Dragonite: Hamlet.
My Dragonite is a very sensitive soul. Highly intelligent, he often questions 'why' things are as they are. Dragonite is my best friend and unbeaten in combat, although he doesn't enjoy fighting as much these days. It's in his draconic nature to defeat his enemy, but he is always hesitant to do so, like Shakespeare's Hamlet, and when he does defeat an opponent he always immediately helps them and tries to nurse them back to health.

Haxorus: Thorn.
Haxorus is the warrior or my team, his desire for battle can almost be seen as bloodlust. He is named after Murtagh's dragon in Eragon, very fierce.

Hydreigon: Faust.
Hydreigon is named after a necromancer in the anime series 'Shaman King'. Whilst my dragon isn't a necromancer, it just seemed to suit his Dark typing. He is loyal to me because I am a strong trainer and for that reason only. Faust is immune to friendship of any kind and will remain on my team for as long as I continue to win.

Flygon: Cairo.
Because I found him as a Trapinch in the deserts of Hoenn in R/S/E and he's been with me ever since.

That's my team :)

EDIT:

I also have a mono-Ghost type team:

Gengar: Romeo.
Because he is in love with my...

Chandelure: Juliet
...Chandelure :) I didn't have a nickname for my Gengar during our travels throughout Sinnoh and Johto, but upon arriving in Unova, he fell for a pretty Litwick who was to become to Chandelure. The other Pokemon in my team's used to joke about their relationship and I started to call them Romeo and Juliet for fun, but the names stuck :)

Rotom: Raiden
From Mortal Kombat ;)

Mismagius: Lil' Witch.
Self-explanatory really, just an affectionate name I call her.

Froslass: Gabrielle
A beautiful name for a beautiful Ghost :)

Golurk: Guardian
Guardian towers above me and the rest of the gang. His presence is as reassuring for us as it is intimidating to the opponent.

EDIT 2:

This is the team I used recently to conquer Sinnoh in a Platinum re-run.

Gardevoir: Lulu
Inspired by the black mage from Final Fantasy 10. I think, in hindsight, Lulu is a more appropriate name for the Gothitelle I just recently EV trained but the name has stuck now.

Butterfree: Gael
Because the love of my life's name is Gael and her favourite animal is a butterfly :)

Marowak: Stig.
Based from the driver in a popular British television show called Top Gear. Stig, in the show, never reveals his identity by not taking his racing helmet off in a similar way to my Marowak. Not even I have ever seen him take the skull of his head.

Blaziken: Swift.
For no particular reason, really. It just stuck.

Starmie: Violet II
She is Violet the 2nd because, before I traded my old EV trained Starmie, named Violet, to somebody for a shiny Beldum on my Heart Gold, I bred it, hatched the egg and Violet II is now every bit as good in battle as her mother was and has her named engraved in the Sinnoh Hall of Fame.

Flygon: Cairo
Cairo, from my aforementioned Dragon team, accompanied me on my journey's throughout Sinnoh.

I hope you like my teams and their names!

:)

Esteban252
18th March 2011, 1:13 AM
i called my male snivy just simpely.. Snake
(it kinda refers to metal gear solid :p)

solid snivy
tepig boss
revolver oshawott

Romeo Romeo
18th March 2011, 1:30 AM
Just named my Volcarona Incubus.

It's close enough to incubator while still sounding good, and I'm going to use it's Flame Body ability to hatch eggs faster.

An Incubus is supposedly a demon or evil spirit that descends upon sleeping women, forcing them to have intercourse with it.

I like the play on Incubator, but the name is too dark for something as majestic and beautiful as a Volcorona.

Just my two cents :)

Monochromatic
18th March 2011, 1:32 AM
An Incubus is supposedly a demon or evil spirit that descends upon sleeping women, forcing them to have intercourse with it.

I like the play on Incubator, but the name is too dark for something as majestic and beautiful as a Volcorona.

Just my two cents :)

Volcarona is far from beautiful IMO >.<

And I didn't know what it actually meant...specifically...and I really wish I hadn't known =/

Maybe I'll forget with time...or maybe I'll change it to...Big Moma! =P

PinkPalkia
18th March 2011, 1:47 AM
My team's nicknames are really obvious:

Leafia -Serperior-
Pooky -Stoutland
Archie -Archaeops, derp-
Dewdrop -Panpour-
Yume -Munna-
Shiro -Reshiram-
Alana -Hydreigon, named after my bro who really wanted one-

Also have:
Pwnzors -Pawniard-
Cerise -Cherrim-
Watt -Chinchou-
Blubba -Wigglytuff-
Stripey -Zebstrika-
Mongrel -Zangoose-
Athos -Cobalion-
Porthos -Terrakion-
Aramis -Virizion-

Romeo Romeo
18th March 2011, 1:50 AM
Volcarona is far from beautiful IMO >.<

And I didn't know what it actually meant...specifically...and I really wish I hadn't known =/

Maybe I'll forget with time...or maybe I'll change it to...Big Moma! =P

Sorry if I ruined your nickname with the definition!

You're right, maybe beautiful isn't the best word to describe it. It's pretty majestic though, and was worshiped by that ancient civilisation.

Big Moma sounds...fierce ;)

"Big Moma gon' cook all yo' Pokemon some pancakes and some friiiiied chickun!"

PinkPalkia
18th March 2011, 1:54 AM
I find Volcarona beautiful. o3o
Vulcan was a god of fire, and Corona is the surface of the sun. A fitting name for the species~

Emperor Empoleon
18th March 2011, 1:55 AM
This is for the team that I finished the story with.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/99/503MS.png
"Miju". Just took the first part of Oshawott's original name, Mijumaru. I think it's a rather cute name for him actually :3

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0f/508MS.png
"Terri". Short for Terrier, and my Stoutland is a girl.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e4/521FMS.png
"Sunshine". I think that Unfezant is actually a pleasant looking Flying Pokemon, so I named it after the ever pleasant sunshine of the sky.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d1/549MS.png
"Lillil", but only because it was obtained in the in-game trade ^^; I like it though, so it's cool

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/82/573MS.png
"Cinnamon". The name Cinccino reminds me of the word Cinnamon, so there we have it ^-^

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/03/643MS.png
"Shironoo" - From Shiro, meaning White, and Honoo meaning Blaze

Excadrill is Simon
Hmm..Funny..I went with Boota :P Anyone who knows TTGL will know why I named him Boota XD

EDIT: I for one find Volcorona to be a beautiful name as well XP

Oliver262
18th March 2011, 1:57 AM
Am I the only one who caught a male deerling and named it Bambi?

Emperor Empoleon
18th March 2011, 2:06 AM
Nope

I sure did :D I'd be more suprised if people didnt do that actually

Poke-8RY50N
18th March 2011, 2:16 AM
My White teams nicknames are:
Unfezant-Pequeen
Emboar-Pyroknight
Galvantula-Zapider
Krookodile-Clawigator
Simisage-Sagaseed
Carracoasta-Turtlanium

Pseudo-Unlegendary
18th March 2011, 2:46 AM
Has anyone else heard about Cofagrigus and how it can't be traded over Wifi without a nickname since it has a slur in it. Crazy stuff, this seems to be a major oversight of the censor, do you think anything will be done?

(I may be just be hearing rumors, but I doubt it).

Kariachi
18th March 2011, 3:19 AM

I know I caught a female and named it Faline.

Also named my Deino 'Darkstar' after the Ben 10:AF/UA character. Kinda awesome, now that I think about it, given I caught him with my then-Lampent 'Devyn', named after the father of Darkstar's main opponent. Honestly didn't think of it at the time. Cool.

My Samurott is 'Emmet', after Emmet Otter. My Rufflet is 'Jack', named for the Xaolin Showdown villian. Can't give you a reason for the latter.

My modest Munna is 'Headtick', 'cause I always figured it looked like one, and my Stunfisk 'Puddlemine', 'cause she's like a puddle-bound landmine of electric-y death.

Paradoxe
18th March 2011, 3:31 AM
Has anyone else heard about Cofagrigus and how it can't be traded over Wifi without a nickname since it has a slur in it. Crazy stuff, this seems to be a major oversight of the censor, do you think anything will be done?

(I may be just be hearing rumors, but I doubt it).

Oh. That's why. I never noticed that before. o.o

magicalwiz2
18th March 2011, 7:37 AM
The names for my team are:
Smugleaf (serperior)
Crash (conkeldurr) named after how when you drink an energy drink you feel all hyper but then you feel the "crash" and you become sluggish
Zappy (zebstrika)
Golem (golurk) if you cover gobett's head and think of the diamond as a head it looks like an old favourite
Tsunami(lapras) and/or quackers (swanna)
They really need to make a cheese pokemon to go with quackers... He feels so lonely.

Reiji Kurosaky
18th March 2011, 8:02 PM
Ok, I finally ended the main story (haven't really had much time to play) but again here is my current team nicknames.

Scraggy: Shaggy (I just though the name suits and though about Shaggy the singer)
Carracosta: Leonardo (the blue turtle from the TMNT)
Emboar: Gordon (I already explained why)
Haxorus: Tusker

Sygiliph and Eelektross don't have names yet.

Also I named my Reshiram as Turbo.

Truck Driver Dawn
18th March 2011, 11:03 PM
dewott-shells-water duh
servine-scales- snake duh
pignite-sizzles- bacon sizzles
vicitini-v-man- fit
tirtouga- leatherback- name of endangered sea turtle
munna- moon shine good drink for adults
timburr- arnld sqgr it seemed tough to name after govenator
gothita-disturbed its a male
roggenrola-rcky blboa do i need to explain
audino-cutesy its cute
lillipup-harley my dogs name
zoroark-melanie after my aunt she lives in an rv in the woods
cotonee-fluffie- its fluffy
drilbur-molena mole- female
blitzle zapbrauncreative
patrat-p'nut it likes nuts its a chipmunk
darumaka- yin yang seemed right fit
sandile-sandy simple
sigiliph-wierdo look at it
maractus-hombre wanted southern name
yamask spooky well what can i say
minccino-ears had to look at the ears
trubbish- sack lunch- cruel joke
dwebble shebble- female dwebble
throh-chck noris- like walker texas ranger
sawk- jackie chan- liked his movies
vanilitte-bluebell- like the ice cream almost went with chocolate though
pansear- Man on Fire- movie buff
Pansage-Blde Rnner same as previous
panpour-rainman same as previous;124;

Johto King
19th March 2011, 1:01 AM
Galvantula-Spyder
Samurott-Mystic
Escavalier-Sparta ( the mohawk hemlet)
Chandelure-Burton ( looks like something tim burton would create)
Sawsbuck-Cabela (The hunting store)
mandibuzz- Crook ( =/ any better suggestions?

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 3:24 AM
my haxorus is just Hax. maybe i should name it chuck norris or chuck n because it does just about the same amount of pwnage that Chuck Norris does

agunimon45
19th March 2011, 3:44 AM
Mostly, I name my pokemon after Final fantasy summons. although, my starter(samurott), i called him Amidamaru after the samurai spirit in shaman king.

Samurott - Amidamaru
Blitzle - Ramuh
Victini - Bahamut
Gigalith - Titan

that's kinda what I named so far.

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 3:50 AM
I haven't caught Volcarona yet, but when I do I will name it Anaxagoras, after the ancient Greek philosopher who (among other very intelligent things) believed the sun to be bigger than the earth. And I heard somewhere that Volcarona was based on the sun, so Anaxagoras the Volcarona it is.

And speaking of ancient Greek philosophy, I nicknamed a Munna I caught in the Dreamyard "Nous", a term for the abilities of the human mind to discern truth that was used in ancient philosophy.

Lucario0708
19th March 2011, 3:55 AM
i named my male zoroark Smoke and my female Zoroark Mirror

Smoke and Mirror

cookie to whoever gets the reference

Xaby
19th March 2011, 4:06 AM
I named my Oshawott "Weytwott", because "Wait, what?" was my initial reaction when I heard the English name.

LokiTheGengar
19th March 2011, 4:09 AM
Emboar's Pork Chop. Just Sayin'.

Palpitoad is Sidious. You know it to be true.

Reuniclus is Hooke: It's a cell, so it should be named after the guy who discovered cells.

Zhanton
19th March 2011, 7:31 AM
I've decided that when I catch Terakion and Virizion, I'm naming:

~Terakion: Terrabull [Terra + bull]
~Virizion: Viridyeer [Viridian + deer]

Now I just need an awful nickname for Cobalon.

Xaby
19th March 2011, 7:41 AM
I've decided that when I catch Terakion and Virizion, I'm naming:

~Terakion: Terrabull [Terra + bull]
~Virizion: Viridyeer [Viridian + deer]

Now I just need an awful nickname for Cobalon.

Coboose? For Cobalt + Moose?

Zhanton
19th March 2011, 7:42 AM
Coboose? For Cobalt + Moose?

It'll come to me. Hopefully it won't be too Terrabull *ba dam doom ch*

Mogar
19th March 2011, 8:07 AM
I caught a Deino today and named it 'Kujo' After the book i'm reading C: I always nickname them it's a habit

incorporeal05
19th March 2011, 3:26 PM
Is it wrong that I find most 5th generation Pokemon names to be what I WOULD have nicknamed my Pokemon? It's making coming up with nicknames quite a challenge, I'll tell you. It's like the American translators read my mind and used my ideas for Pokemon names this time around...

The Mursu
19th March 2011, 3:29 PM
Ninja Hobo - Bisharp, Well it looks like a ninja, and everyone loves hobos, right? RIGHT?
Vladimir - Samurott, his moustache reminded me of Lenin, but I already had another pokemon with that name, so I just used something else Russian-ish
Baba-Tonic - Golurk, I was drinking Schweppes at the time I caught him, not sure about the "Baba" part though....

Legendary Dreams
19th March 2011, 3:41 PM
Reuniclus - Jello (Baby suspended in Gelatin!)
Thundurus - Tempest (Violent Storm, totally matches it)

I'm probably naming my pair of Haxorus Order & Chaos, but its not confirmed yet.

Mei
19th March 2011, 3:51 PM
My current team:

Pignite (m)- Tay
Stoutland (m)- Gulliver
Zebstrika (f)- Puzzle
Ducklett (f)- Sapphire
Sandile (f)- Crikey
Pansage (m)- Herb

Rentaline99
19th March 2011, 4:04 PM
Samurott- Patriot (Revolver Ocelot reference)
Volcarona- J.Rigger (Batman villain: Firebug)
Cofagrigus- Satchboogy (The song + Boogie man)
Rienculus- Guu (Corruption of Goo)
Gavantula- Voltric (Volt + electric + tick)
Hydriegon- Stujis (Corruption of 3 Stooges)

raykee247
19th March 2011, 4:57 PM
Caught:
Servine - Maki (like cucumber maki)
Woobat - Boo (imagine you would be scared if one flew into you in a dark cave)

Soon-to-ba caught:
Zorua - Zora?
Litwick - Flicker?
Emolga -
Tirtouga - Llyr (Welsh god of the sea)

Any other suggestions? I'd love to hear them

Mister_SGG
19th March 2011, 6:12 PM
I caught a Rufflet for Marshal and named it Fetherface. I know it's spelt wrong, there wasn't enough room. Besides, I like that better.

Valoo.
19th March 2011, 8:27 PM
^ Don't bother, all his Pokemon have rock moves.
I normally only nickname pokemon not on my team, like Bellatrix, my Weepinbell

Reiji Kurosaky
19th March 2011, 9:17 PM
Mostly, I name my pokemon after Final fantasy summons. although, my starter(samurott), i called him Amidamaru after the samurai spirit in shaman king.

Samurott - Amidamaru
Blitzle - Ramuh
Victini - Bahamut
Gigalith - Titan

that's kinda what I named so far.

Now that you mention it, back in Heart Gold I nicknamed a bunch of them after FF summons, most notably my Infernape named Ifrit.

KickAsh
19th March 2011, 9:45 PM
I have a duo of Haxoruses who I just decided to name Simon and Garfunkel.

Moonlight_Tails
20th March 2011, 1:12 AM
Kudzu, Wart, Husk, Nautilus, Sting, Storm