PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Team, and give me some help!!!

AshtonF
13th March 2011, 4:46 PM
Hey thanks for helping me with my first post!!!

So I have a team that has moves that are all far to similar, I am willing to get rid of anyone one on it, i just need a better team.
I have:

Golurk, lvl. 49

Strength
Fly
Heavy Slam
Dynamic Punch

Fraxure, lvl. 45

Dragon Dance
Slash
Dragon Pulse
Dragon claw

Beartic lvl 43

Icy Wind
Frost Breath
Icicle Crash
Slash

Elektross lvl 45

Thunder
Crunch
Thunderbolt
Wild Charge

Pawniard lvl 41 (trying to get rid of him)

Faint Attack
X-Scissor
Assurance
Shadow Claw

Escavalier lvl 48

X-Scissor
Slash
Bug Buzz
Iron Head

I am trying to get rid of pawniard, because he is to similar to my escavalier, any suggestions???

LinkToTheFuture
15th March 2011, 6:46 AM
First things first: You do not. Do. Not. Need multiple moves of the same type on every pokemon.

1. Keep Golurk, but get rid of Heavy Slam. Give him Shadow Punch or another Ghost move instead. Also, get rid of Strength (if you want one of your team members to know it, teach it to Beartic). Replace Strength with Earthquake or another Ground type.
Ghost and Ground types are super fun to use, so take advantage of that.

2. Keep Eelektross, but get rid of 1 if not 2 of his electric moves. Having multiple moves of the same type may seem appealing, but it gets rather boring as you have less combat options. Keep the electric move you use the most, and teach it new moves. For example, teach it Dragon Claw (with a TM), and maybe give it Flamethrower (also TM) as you don't have a fire type on your team.
Eelektross has good enough attack and special attack to back up these moves.

3. Escavalier looks good. X-Scissor and Ironhead are great moves, but consider teaching it Aerial Ace or Poison Jab. You don't need Bug Buzz, as that is a Special attack, and Escavalier is all about physical attack. Fourth move is your call.

As for who to get rid of? I say get rid of two pokemon that you currently have. That way you're still salvaging most of your team, but still injecting new blood into it.

First of all, get rid of Pawniard.

Second of all, get rid of either Fraxure or Beartic.

I'm completely biased, as I've never cared for dragon types, but I would recommend getting rid of Fraxure.

LinkToTheFuture
15th March 2011, 6:50 AM
Assuming you keep Beartic, get rid of Icy Wind and Frost Breath.
Get rid of Slash and replace it with Strength.
Final two moves are your choice, but I would recommend Surf (protects him against his main two weaknesses) and a fighting move such as Superpower or Brick Break (as it gives him good type coverage).

As for the new members of your team. Do you not like the starters? Any one of the starters would be a good addition to your team.
But I would consider the following:
Are there any Flying, Fire, Water, or Fighting types that you like? You complained about feeling like you're pokemon are too similar. Any of these types would provide a new experience while still helping make your team stronger.

I would recommend:
Flying: Braviary, Mandibuzz, Unfezant or Swanna could work.
Fire: Emboar, Chandelure, or Darmanitan could work for you. I would recommend Darmanitan...because I think he's awesome.
Water: Seismitoad, Jellicent or Samurott.
Fighting: Mienshao, Conkeldurr, or Scrafty.

For any of these pokemon, choose varied and powerful moves and you should be fine. Go based on what they learn naturally, or check a website to see what TM's they can learn.

Zhanton
15th March 2011, 9:28 AM
^ Don't double post :P

Beartic
-Icicle Crash
-Surf
-Brick Break
-Return

I'm not an expert on Beartic, but I think this could work and I'm pretty sure he learns all of these moves.

Haxorus
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Standard Hax'r'us set.