PDA

View Full Version : Black and White City Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3

castlewars
14th May 2011, 4:06 PM
The places have been made to look more life-like, but I don't like Undella Town. It's like the Resort Area and really basic.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:10 PM
The places have been made to look more life-like, but I don't like Undella Town. It's like the Resort Area and really basic.

Yeah, it would be nothing without an epic trade, a chance to battle Cynthia, and a guy who buys junk off of you for 300,000$. Hm... I'm starting to like Undella.

Asterveil
14th May 2011, 4:10 PM
Oh I really enjoy the Black Opelcuid because the music is beast. I also like Lacunosa Town because of the legend and stuff. If only we could still walk around with our pokemon like in HG/SS... I'd totally walk around with Kyurem. xD

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:11 PM
Lacunosa Town has a certain creepiness to it during the night time. Hell, if I hadn't caught Kyurem, I'd be scared he would eat me too.

Asterveil
14th May 2011, 4:13 PM
I find it strange everyone is out and about during daytime though. Or is that because they work and work during the daytime so they can sleep through the night? Hmmm...

Grei
14th May 2011, 4:15 PM
Skyarrow and Village Bridge are easy to remember. So is Drifveil because of its name despite being very similar to Marvelous and Turbeline. I just forgot the name of Turbeline and forgot which one is which

What is a Turbeline? It's "Tubeline Bridge."

None of the bridges are difficult to remember, honestly. All of them are so different from one another.

I find it strange everyone is out and about during daytime though. Or is that because they work and work during the daytime so they can sleep through the night? Hmmm...

Well, since in other cities people are able to be out and about at any time of the day, people in Lacunosa probably spend all of the time outside that they can. Also, mechanics-wise, it shows the stark contrast between day and night in Lacunosa--during the day, every house is vacant to make it more apparent when every house is occupied at night.

I wish they would say different things at night, though...

The bridges (aside from Skyarrow and Village) felt like more of an excuse to shorten the routes. Although I loved Village Bridge.

That's funny, because the bridges were almost always much longer than routes.

I think the bridges were awesome, and I don't feel like the routes suffered from it, since there was plenty to do on each route still.

I found Castelia City really lackluster. So much more could have been done with it.. a wasted opportunity. I enjoyed Nimbasa City though, but disliked Opelucid City, but that could be due to the design in got in White.

Seriously? Castelia has a LOT in it. There are a lot of buildings and most (if not all) of them have specific things in them that help you. I found Castelia pretty full. When I first got there, I explored every building before moving on to the Resort Desert, and it took me a good hour just to get through the city. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:17 PM
I think the bridges were all amazing, but Skyarrow Bridge was a little disappointing.

Asterveil
14th May 2011, 4:27 PM
Castelia was just plain BORING... It has a lot to do, but it's a pain to trek through all of it. xD

The bridges are amazing. My favorite is the Village Bridge.

TurtwigFan1
14th May 2011, 4:30 PM
Castelia was awesome, I don't get why nobody likes it. It's full of stuff to do, it took me hours to explore everything and I'm still not done with everything.

I also love the bridges, I think Skyarrow's my favourite :')

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:32 PM
Castelia was awesome, I don't get why nobody likes it. It's full of stuff to do, it took me hours to explore everything and I'm still not done with everything.

You must play really slowly.

Grey Wind
14th May 2011, 4:34 PM
That's funny, because the bridges were almost always much longer than routes.

I think the bridges were awesome, and I don't feel like the routes suffered from it, since there was plenty to do on each route still.
I still felt that the bridges were an excuse not to have long routes. Instead of putting longer routes, they just threw in a bridge with nothing to do on it.

Seriously? Castelia has a LOT in it. There are a lot of buildings and most (if not all) of them have specific things in them that help you. I found Castelia pretty full. When I first got there, I explored every building before moving on to the Resort Desert, and it took me a good hour just to get through the city. I don't know what you guys are talking about.
It takes ages to explore, but a lot of the stuff is pretty pointless. And you never really have any need to go back to any of those buildings.

Asterveil
14th May 2011, 4:44 PM
I can't wait for Summer to come, so we can see what Undella Town looks like in the Summer!!! :D

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:49 PM
I can't wait for Summer to come, so we can see what Undella Town looks like in the Summer!!! :D

It won't look much different from any other time. I just want to get the Munchlax.

Grey Wind
14th May 2011, 4:55 PM
Me too, I love Munchlax. And I want to see Undella.
I wish the seasons made a bigger difference.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:56 PM
Me too, I love Munchlax. And I want to see Undella.
I wish the seasons made a bigger difference.

Yeah. Snow everywhere with constant hail would've been a nice touch for winter, and frequent sunlight for summer would also have been nice.

Ledyba
14th May 2011, 4:58 PM
Here's my opinion on the cities.

Nuvema Town: Almost forgot the name, hehe. It's just a city that you forget really easily. It has nothing except for you own house and the lab. And by the way, is it just me or does the water around the town sparkle sometimes?

Accumula Town: Quite beautiful, but is doesn't have many to do here.

Striaton City: Same as before. The gym looks pretty cool though.

Nacrene City: Lovely. The Café looks awesome, so does the museum. But it suffers from the lack of things to do.

Castelia City: I'm lovin' the 3d effect here. Some places are really interesting. Still, I like Nimbasa City more.

Nimbasa City: Gym, Ferris Wheel, Battle Subway, Small Court, Big Stadium, Musical Building... Need to say more? The only thing is, I hate the music!

Driftveil City: It feels really big. Driftveil is allright, I guess.

Mistralton City: One of the smaller ones. Not very special or something. The Tutor House is the only thing here to do.

Iccirus City: Love the change between Winter and the other seasons. Awesome city.

Opelucid City: I've yet to see the White one, but the Black one is pretty awesome. The houses are a bit weird.

Pokémon Leauge: Does this count as a city? I'm lovin' it.

Village Bridge: Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Lacunosa Town: Love the creepy story here. The city is pretty nice.

Undella Town: It's really boring, if it's not summer.

Black City: Simply awesome. Colors could be a bit lighter.

Anville Town: The most beautiful, seriously.

Asterveil
14th May 2011, 5:12 PM
Why the heck can't you fly to Aniville? It's a really beautiful town btw.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:32 PM
Why the heck can't you fly to Aniville? It's a really beautiful town btw.

What's the point of making you Fly to it if you can just Fly to Nimbasa and take the Subway? The "if this were real" reason, however, would probably be that Anville is too far away from everything else and so small that your Pokemon can't make the trip to get there, while a Subway can.

Grey Wind
14th May 2011, 7:20 PM
Why would you even want to go to Anville anyway?

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:17 PM
Why would you even want to go to Anville anyway?

You get a Rare Candy and you can get ripped off by traders.

RedMage23
14th May 2011, 8:22 PM
You get a Rare Candy and you can get ripped off by traders.

There's a guy there who will give you PP UPs for Star Pieces. A pretty good deal, considering you can get one Star Piece per day, and PP UPs are not readily available anywhere else.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:23 PM
There's a guy there who will give you PP UPs for Star Pieces. A pretty good deal, considering you can get one Star Piece per day, and PP UPs are not readily available anywhere else.

...Okay, that one is good.

Remmie
14th May 2011, 8:27 PM

Where is he? I want to meet him so I can have PP UPs.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:28 PM
Where is he? I want to meet him so I can have PP UPs.

You can only find him on the weekends in Anville Town. He's a Backpacker.

Asterveil
14th May 2011, 8:33 PM
At least my comment helped some people. xD Anywho, what's better? White Forest or Black City?

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:35 PM
At least my comment helped some people. xD Anywho, what's better? White Forest or Black City?

That would depend on if somebody liked battling or capturing Pokemon more. So, for me, it's White Forest.

Excitable Boy
14th May 2011, 9:10 PM
Black City: Simply awesome. Colors could be a bit lighter.

...The point of it is that's it's BLACK City.

Black. Black City.

That's kind of the point of it.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 9:45 PM
...The point of it is that's it's BLACK City.

Black. Black City.

That's kind of the point of it.

Stop being racist.

Excitable Boy
14th May 2011, 9:49 PM
Stop being racist.

I swear to God, as soon as I install Macrohard Internet Laser 2011, every single person who makes that joke is going to be vaporized.

Psycho Cut
14th May 2011, 9:50 PM
Nibasa city is probably my favourite, it's so vibrant and there's so much to do, and I'm often there. Same goes with black city, but not as much. Castelia city is cool, and i spent ages exploring it at first, but the thing that annoys me is that all the streets are all busy but the center is abandoned, save for 3 dancers, when really it should be bustling with life!

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:02 PM
Castelia city is cool, and i spent ages exploring it at first, but the thing that annoys me is that all the streets are all busy but the center is abandoned, save for 3 dancers, when really it should be bustling with life!

I agree with this. That plaza should be more of a Times Square like area, but instead it's just some nice place for you to run around in circles and continue on to Route 4.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 10:03 PM
I agree with this. That plaza should be more of a Times Square like area, but instead it's just some nice place for you to run around in circles and continue on to Route 4.

Yeah. Should've had a lively feel, but instead it has a lower population than Anville Town.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah. Should've had a lively feel, but instead it has a lower population than Anville Town.

Wow, that's so true. After realizing that, now I'm really disappointed in that plaza.

Paradoxe
15th May 2011, 6:14 AM
I swear to God, as soon as I install Macrohard Internet Laser 2011, every single person who makes that joke is going to be vaporized.

Where can I get mine?

I like Driftveil, though. It has the best music and the market that has that item I can't get to. The Cold Storage seems kinda out of place, but it's still cool. Hehe, pun.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:20 AM
The Driftveil music is pretty awesome. I didn't expect it to be anything special when I got there, but once I actually explored the city, I ended up loving it.

Mister_SGG
15th May 2011, 4:06 PM
The Driftveil music is pretty awesome. I didn't expect it to be anything special when I got there, but once I actually explored the city, I ended up loving it.

Why does everyone love the Driftveil City theme...? I don't not like it, but it's a little annoying. Besides, the Opelucid City theme is so much better...

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 4:18 PM
Which version do you have? Black or White? Because I'm not a huge fan of Black's Opelucid theme, while White's is pretty nice.

Paradoxe
15th May 2011, 5:54 PM
I hate everything about Black's Opelucid. The music sucks, the homes have no furniture, and you csn only go into like 4 houses. Interactive wise, it's almost equal to Mistralton.

Silent Conversation
15th May 2011, 6:02 PM
I personally like Black Opelucid's appearance, but I agree that substance wise, it doesn't really have much for you to actually do. Then again, White Opelucid isn't that much better when it comes to that.

Elementer
15th May 2011, 7:43 PM
Castelia is cool, spent ages running around the streets and stuff. And I am in love with White's Opelucid. The music is really nice (this mystical, ancient flute type of soft music), and the houses, pavements, and dragon gym design with all the running on the dragons made it my favorite city in all of Unova :)

Excitable Boy
16th May 2011, 8:13 AM
Where can I get mine?

I'm not saying.

Am I the only White player who absolutely hates Opelucid?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 7:20 PM
Black's Opelucid is kind of meh. It felt like they made the White one first, but then made everything blue

7 tyranitars
16th May 2011, 7:49 PM
I liked white opelucid, not arrived at it yet with my pokemon black tho :P
as for the city I liked the most I would say the one with the 4th gym (forgot name)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 7:51 PM
It is called Nimbassa and it is my favourite too

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:18 PM
Am I the only White player who absolutely hates Opelucid?

A lot of people hate Opelucid in general, so I doubt you're the only one.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:21 PM
I really like Opelucid. I just much prefer the one in White

Ultimate Glalie
16th May 2011, 11:27 PM
I like both versions equally, although the music in the White version is much more catchy IMO.

Aegon
16th May 2011, 11:28 PM
The doors in Black's Opelucid are wacky. xD

On the topic of Driftveil City's music: I no like. Too loud and intimidating.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:29 PM
I find it thrilling and fast paced...

Ultimate Glalie
16th May 2011, 11:31 PM
I find it thrilling and fast paced...This. I really enjoy listening to it.

Also, am I the only one who really likes Nacrene City's theme?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
16th May 2011, 11:33 PM
This. I really enjoy listening to it.

I don't remember it...

Silent Conversation
16th May 2011, 11:34 PM
I don't remember it...

LOL, neither do I. All I remember is that there's a guy in it who plays accordion to add to the music when you pass him.

Burakoru
16th May 2011, 11:36 PM
New thing to do, list your top ten cities.
1: Nimbasa
2: Mistralton
3: Iccirrus
4: White Forest(It counts)
5: Driftveil
6: Castelia
7: Opelucid
8: Nacrene
9: Striaghton
10: Undella

Lorde
16th May 2011, 11:40 PM

No, I like it too. In fact, I like the entire city for that reason. The music helps make it seem relaxing. I always pass through Nacrene City while I'm hatching eggs, so I turn up the sound on my DS so that I can hear the music. I also stop there to check my Pokemon's happiness rating as well as to revive fossils.

Alleviate
17th May 2011, 1:37 AM
Opelucid in White is mega hawt with mega sweet music.

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 1:50 AM
Yeah, White Opelucid's music is really good. I wouldn't go as far as calling it "mega hawt" though.

Zorua5774
17th May 2011, 2:03 AM
I agree Undella Town is my favorite for many reasons

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 2:04 AM
Undella Town doesn't have enough in it for it to be my favourite city. Plus, it's way too small for my liking.

Larry
17th May 2011, 2:07 AM
What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White? Nimbasa or Mistralton
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White? Striation
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities? Better than Gen 4

Burakoru
17th May 2011, 2:08 AM
I only like Undella for 3 reasons.
1: Cynthia(The only true challenge for accidental over-levelers)
2: The riches(Good battles and cash)
3: Diving for treasure(That you can sell for big money at the Riches)

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 2:11 AM
Cynthia and the Riches were good, but I was really disappointed in Abyssal Ruins. They just threw you in there and somehow expected you to be able to get to the bottom by yourself. I'm sure a lot of people managed to figure it out on their own, but I for you am not ashamed to say I used Google during that part of the game.

Zorua5774
17th May 2011, 2:11 AM
I liked white opelucid, not arrived at it yet with my pokemon black tho :P
as for the city I liked the most I would say the one with the 4th gym (forgot name) Its Nimbasa city

Endoplasmic Reticulum
17th May 2011, 6:01 PM
Cynthia and the Riches were good, but I was really disappointed in Abyssal Ruins. They just threw you in there and somehow expected you to be able to get to the bottom by yourself. I'm sure a lot of people managed to figure it out on their own, but I for you am not ashamed to say I used Google during that part of the game.

I used youtube. And I kind of liked the creativity, but it was nearly impossible to do without help...

7 tyranitars
17th May 2011, 10:33 PM
It is called Nimbassa and it is my favourite too

Its Nimbasa city

ah ofcourse thanks :).

I used youtube. And I kind of liked the creativity, but it was nearly impossible to do without help...

never been able to complete it lol..

Grey Wind
17th May 2011, 10:37 PM
I wish they had let you explore underwtaer (with wild Pokemon) instead of just having it straight.
And yees, I used a map for the ruins.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
17th May 2011, 10:39 PM
never been able to complete it lol..

Just use a video guide

Silent Conversation
17th May 2011, 11:16 PM
Just use a video guide

Even that isn't necessary. Just search up how to do in on Google and you'll find the instructions for each floor. Once you have the instructions on what to do, it isn't really hard to just go do it yourself.

Mister_SGG
17th May 2011, 11:18 PM
I used the map in the guidebook. 'Course, it's only a map of the first floor.

Fire_Paw
18th May 2011, 3:34 AM
Top Five Cities: (one is top favorite)

1- Undella ~ Fighting Cynthia for the second time in the series was interesting since in past games there aren't normally reappearances of the league champions.
2- Castelia City ~The graphics were great, and this city actually took a while to get through everything
3- Nimbasa~ No reason really, but the town was cool
4- Opelucid ~ Eh, not really sure why I like this City, but it was...different from other cities.
5- White Forest ~ The concept of the forest was original

....Would've done ten but the other cities I wasn't really fond of so I just did five cities. I will say though, the cities in this game were much better compared to the cities in gen 4, imo anyways.

RedMage23
18th May 2011, 3:41 AM
1- Undella ~ Fighting Cynthia for the second time in the series was interesting since in past games there aren't normally reappearances of the league champions.

Steven and Blue appeared in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

thekorean
18th May 2011, 3:43 AM
I love Hodomoe City music. Tell me I am not the only one.

Fire_Paw
18th May 2011, 3:44 AM
Steven and Blue appeared in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Oh...yeah, forgot about them... I never beat Blue so I forgot about them I guess

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 3:45 AM
I love Castelia City music. Tell me I am not the only one.

I only remember music when I really like it, and seeing as though I don't remember Castelia's music at all, I must not like it all that much.

thekorean
18th May 2011, 3:47 AM
Sorry I meant Driftelia City.

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 3:50 AM
You mean Driftveil? Yeah, I absolutely love that music too.

thekorean
18th May 2011, 4:01 AM
Dammit I keep confusing names, I was playing Pokemon Platinum and was at Veilstone at the time lol, yea that music is awesome. I say this gen has better sound track then gen III or IV.

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 5:02 AM
I agree. Some music is worse than other gens, but most of the music is better. But this is for the music thread and not the city thread, so... back on topic!

What do you guys think of Anville Town? A cool idea to make a Subway exclusive town, or completely pointless? My opinion is the first one.

manifesto
18th May 2011, 5:46 AM
It's a cool idea, but I'd like to see more done with it eventually. Give it a purpose and a fly spot and I'll be very happy.

yeminied
18th May 2011, 6:08 AM
I reckon Anville Town is pretty useless. There is nothing you can do there apart from trading those items and even then you can just buy the items anyway, the items aren't too special.
Don't get me wrong it was a cool idea but not done very well due to the lack of available things to do there.

arceusvictini
18th May 2011, 11:09 AM
I reckon Anville Town is pretty useless. There is nothing you can do there apart from trading those items and even then you can just buy the items anyway, the items aren't too special.
Don't get me wrong it was a cool idea but not done very well due to the lack of available things to do there.
I completely disagree, but I would like it widened and that it gets a fly spot in gray (not confirmed name). I would also like more trade people and maybe even some battlers!

dpfinest
18th May 2011, 12:02 PM
I was breeding pichus and one of then hatched at lv.2

Is this normal/possible?

Pyrax
18th May 2011, 1:16 PM
I was breeding pichus and one of then hatched at lv.2

Is this normal/possible?

No, it's a glitch.
Wrong thread btw (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=467057)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 6:27 PM
Meh, Anville town is so boring I haven't even been there yet...

Robotic Wind
18th May 2011, 6:31 PM
I find it pointless as I don't see nothing amazing...

I haven't been there at the weekends to trade items though...

It was a good idea but, it fell short

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 6:33 PM
Also I'm not sure about it getting a fly spot, because it is like Sinjoh ruins and not really on the map...

BabyZero
18th May 2011, 6:39 PM

Items aren't too special? Where in the game can you buy PP ups?

Robotic Wind
18th May 2011, 6:41 PM
I see no reason for a fly spot...

The place isn't exciting...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 6:42 PM
Well...if they put the battle frontier there like most people are speculating then there will be the need of a fly spot

Robotic Wind
18th May 2011, 6:48 PM
What I don't understand is the railway map...

If you look at it and follow it where Anville is then you see that the track goes off to the right...In-game it is impossible to get there so, a battle Frontier there would make sense...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 7:13 PM
What I don't understand is the railway map...

If you look at it and follow it where Anville is then you see that the track goes off to the right...In-game it is impossible to get there so, a battle Frontier there would make sense...

Hmm...that's a good point.

Grey Wind
18th May 2011, 7:47 PM
I visted Anville twice ever. Once to have a look, then again on the weekend to see the items. When I realised they weren't very good, I left and never bothered going back.

Aegon
18th May 2011, 7:47 PM
My favourite city from Unova is Castelia City. Yup, the boring answer. I really dislike Nimbasa City, due to the loud and in-your-face music and lights. There's too much compacted in a tiny space. I'm also a fan of Icirrus City and Undella Town.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 7:48 PM
I don't like Castelia because of its poor design. I kind of like Nimbassa and Driftveil

Grey Wind
18th May 2011, 8:01 PM
I just wish there was more to do in Castelia.
And I like Nimbasa, but I'm getting sick of it, as I'm always there for something.
And Icirrus is my favourite.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 8:02 PM
To be honest, I love the stuff between the cities of Unova, but I'm not a big fan of the cities themselves...

Grey Wind
18th May 2011, 8:04 PM
I'm just glad that the cities weren't two houses and a Pokemon Centre. The majority of them were quite big.

Lorde
18th May 2011, 8:13 PM
Speaking of Undella Town and the Abyssal Ruins: I dislike those two locations, especially the latter. It's worse than Twist Mountain, if that's even possible. I did try using an online map when I went there on White version last year, but I got stuck on the third floor, and I was eventually pushed out again. I tried going back, but I gave up after a while. I'm not one for tedious stuff like that. I am going to try and get back in there in the English games, though. That should be interesting. The only reason why I even go to Undella Town these days is so that I can battle Cynthia. It might be fun to go there for the Abyssal Ruins as well.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 8:20 PM
I'm just glad that the cities weren't two houses and a Pokemon Centre. The majority of them were quite big.

Uhh...I think Mistralton is the second smallest city/town I've ever been to in any Pokemon games (smallest being Oldale Town). Well...besides the starting town of course. Except I think Mistralton is bigger than Twinleaf...

Meowth City
18th May 2011, 8:59 PM
But Mistralton has that huge landing strip in front of the gym. While it's true that it only has three buildngs and a PokeCenter, it's certainly bigger than most cities.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
18th May 2011, 9:01 PM
Well that's true, but still...it probably has the lowest demographic

Meowth City
18th May 2011, 9:30 PM
Well, you got me there.

Lorde
18th May 2011, 9:33 PM
But Mistralton has that huge landing strip in front of the gym. While it's true that it only has three buildngs and a PokeCenter, it's certainly bigger than most cities.

The landing strip isn't that big, though. Mistralton City isn't very big in population or area. It's just average. But if we're going to talk about the size of towns and cities, then I'd just like to bring up Anville Town. It's pretty small when you think about it. The only thing that makes it seem a bit bigger are those sheds for the trains. If it weren't for those, then Anville Town would be very small. I think that Nuvema Town is the smallest Unova town.

Grey Wind
18th May 2011, 9:34 PM
Uhh...I think Mistralton is the second smallest city/town I've ever been to in any Pokemon games (smallest being Oldale Town). Well...besides the starting town of course. Except I think Mistralton is bigger than Twinleaf...
Well, most of the cities.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
18th May 2011, 10:01 PM
Well that's true, but still...it probably has the lowest demographic

Nope... Mistralton City has a population of 37, which is quite large for a city that houses 5 buildings.

Nuvema has 10, but that doesn't count because you probably knew it was the smallest.
Accumula has 30, that's smaller than Mistralton.
Icirrus has 34, still smaller than Mistralton.
Lacunosa has 16, Undella - 12, Anville -13.

Yep, I was the person responsible for counting the cities' demographics on Bulbapedia.

Silent Conversation
18th May 2011, 11:07 PM
Wow, Anville has more people than Undella? When you made the count, were you including the Riches or not? Because the Riches count as 7 already.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
19th May 2011, 2:41 AM
I visted Anville twice ever. Once to have a look, then again on the weekend to see the items. When I realised they weren't very good, I left and never bothered going back.

Same, I kind of did the same with the items in Black City, where I saw how overpriced the items were and once I outgrew it levelwise I straight up left. Anville City, to be frank, sucks.

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 3:11 AM
I find the actual city sucks, but the concept is cool. Having a method of transportation that's only meant for battles, except for one train which takes you to a place that you can't get to in any other way. Sure the actual city may not have been very interesting, but what you had to do to get there was pretty original if you ask me.

Zarconium
19th May 2011, 3:28 AM
Yeah, i gotta go with Nimbasa cause theres a lot of stuff to do there, and its pretty cool looking.

Paradoxe
19th May 2011, 5:03 AM
I did try using an online map when I went there on White version last year

Either you were using the Japanese version, or you're a wizard.

Robotic Wind
19th May 2011, 5:27 AM
Nope... Mistralton City has a population of 37, which is quite large for a city that houses 5 buildings.

Nuvema has 10, but that doesn't count because you probably knew it was the smallest.
Accumula has 30, that's smaller than Mistralton.
Icirrus has 34, still smaller than Mistralton.
Lacunosa has 16, Undella - 12, Anville -13.

Yep, I was the person responsible for counting the cities' demographics on Bulbapedia.

Does it go without saying that Castelia City has the most people?

Silent Conversation
19th May 2011, 5:44 AM
Does it go without saying that Castelia City has the most people?

No, because Nimbasa has more.

Lorde
19th May 2011, 5:51 AM
No, because Nimbasa has more.

Which blew me away. I was just browsing Nimbasa City's page and I saw that it had a bigger population than Castelia City. I was stunned. I've always seen Castelia City as being bigger by area and population. I guess I was wrong. I enjoy Nimbasa City a lot more since there is more to do there than in Castelia City. It also has the Ferris wheel, which is an amazing addition to the city.

Paradoxe
19th May 2011, 5:56 AM
When counting Nimbasa's population, did he count the Ferris Wheel battlers, Sports Dome trainers, people who show up at the Musical to give you props, etc? Because that would drastically increase the population

Matt36
19th May 2011, 5:56 AM
Nimbasa is certainly my fave city. It just feels pleasant :)

Lorde
19th May 2011, 6:00 AM
When counting Nimbasa's population, did he count the Ferris Wheel battlers, Sports Dome trainers, people who show up at the Musical to give you props, etc? Because that would drastically increase the population

I'm guessing that he did. Would those really count, though? Some of them aren't always in Nimbasa City, and one could argue that they aren't residents. If that's the case, then Nimbasa City's population might not be as high as we thought. I don't really care about that, since I still love the city's other features, but I think we deserve an accurate count.

Paradoxe
19th May 2011, 6:02 AM
I'm guessing that he did. Would those really count, though? Some of them aren't always in Nimbasa City, and one could argue that they aren't residents. If that's the case, then Nimbasa City's population might not be as high as we thought. I don't really care about that, since I still love the city's other features, but I think we deserve an accurate count.

Yeah. Visiting a town wouldn't make you a resident. I kinda doubt there's more "permanent" residents in Nimbasa than there is in Castelia.

Matt36
19th May 2011, 6:46 AM
Castelia looks busy because its like a business city with sky scrapers etc.

London is the same. People live there, but even more travel in to work everyday, making it seem busier than it would be if only people who lived there, worked there.

Aegon
19th May 2011, 5:24 PM
You've gotta remember that, although there are many buildings in Castelia, not all are accessible.

But I really can't stand Nimbasa. It has great features, such as the domes, but I don't like its style. I think it's too compact.

Geekachu
19th May 2011, 5:40 PM
I get what you mean with Nimbasa's Style, I mean there were Parade-y elements with ribbons and whatever, but there were these small random rivers and some dull buildings to the West of the City that contrasted with the fun bright nature of the amusement park and the sports domes. I dunno, but I thought they could've made it a lot more... fun...

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 5:42 PM
They could've. But it is a Pokemon game, you can't expect it to be perfect

PokemonOwn
19th May 2011, 5:49 PM
Technically, Castelia has the most people. Think about all of the people entering Castelia, near the markets. It's about +3 people every second :D

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th May 2011, 6:53 PM
Technically, Castelia has the most people. Think about all of the people entering Castelia, near the markets. It's about +3 people every second :D
True, true.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
19th May 2011, 7:33 PM
Wow, Anville has more people than Undella? When you made the count, were you including the Riches or not? Because the Riches count as 7 already.

I think I did, but I will have to re-check. I haven't done a re-check since I got the Japanese game.

You can see that in the Nimbasa City article that with the Big Stadium and Small Court, it has a total population of 239. Without the Big Stadium and Small Court, it has a total population of 150. As for the Ferris Wheel battlers, I cannot remember if I included them in the count, I'd say most likely. And for the people who give props at the Musical Hall, I haven't done that. Either way, it's more or less. It will still be higher than Castelia City's population of 130.

Sorta correct, however, the population would go on forever, so it's pointless to try to keep that. Bulbapedia and I discussed this and decided not to keep it.

JeroFTW
20th May 2011, 8:25 AM
-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Nimbasa. I love training my pokemon in the courts.
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Striaton city
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
Anazing.
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
An other region :).
-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
Flying iwht the airplane.

Aegon
20th May 2011, 4:12 PM
Yes, but those people don't stay in the city. They just work there. They're commuters, who aren't included in population counts. There'd be a sky-high population otherwise. :P

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 4:17 PM
-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Nimbasa.
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Uhh...I think either Nacrene or Lacunosa
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
Not that much of a difference since I LIKED THE GEN 4 CITIES
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
More pit stop cities instead of each city having a gym.
-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
Nothing really

Geekachu
20th May 2011, 9:53 PM
They could've. But it is a Pokemon game, you can't expect it to be perfect

Since when is anything perfect anyway? :P

Aside from perfection.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 9:56 PM
Which blew me away. I was just browsing Nimbasa City's page and I saw that it had a bigger population than Castelia City. I was stunned. I've always seen Castelia City as being bigger by area and population. I guess I was wrong. I enjoy Nimbasa City a lot more since there is more to do there than in Castelia City. It also has the Ferris wheel, which is an amazing addition to the city.

The thing is, I find Castelia to be more economic while Nimbasa is more commercialism. Personally, I would rather live nearer to a place with an amusement park, music threater and two Sport Domes than a bigger place, but with nothing but big, boring buildings and a couple of piers.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah, same. That's why I hate NYC (I honestly do. It's so overrated)

Reshirom
20th May 2011, 10:17 PM
The Driftveil music is totally EPIC . I dont know why , but I always finding myself flying do Driftveil to listen to the music ( and to buy revival herbs ) .
Fave city probably Nimbasa , even though it is the common fave . Its variety in buildings is huge , but U cant do anything in the stadiums :( .
Black city is rubbish ! I cant see wyh they built it , What do you do there?
Recently got all 7 sages!!!! Pips !

Endoplasmic Reticulum
20th May 2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I agree. Driftveil music is amazing.

Silent Conversation
20th May 2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah, same. That's why I hate NYC (I honestly do. It's so overrated)

Wow, you may be the only person who hates NYC. I find it overrated too, but that doesn't stop me from loving it. It's a beautiful place, and so much to see.

Grey Wind
20th May 2011, 10:24 PM
Fave city probably Nimbasa , even though it is the common fave . Its variety in buildings is huge , but U cant do anything in the stadiums :( .
Except battle numerous powerful trainers daily.

Black city is rubbish ! I cant see wyh they built it , What do you do there?
You're supposed to link with a White game, go to White Forest, and populate your city with trainers.[/quote]

Arkisys
21st May 2011, 2:18 AM
Icirrus City, I love the music there.

Miss_Pocket_Monster
21st May 2011, 5:36 PM
I just love Nimbasa City. Elesa is gorgeous, the Battle Subway is lots of fun (if a bit challenging), and I enjoy battling the athletes every day. The carnival there is neat too. I also agree that Driftveil has arguably the best music of any city ever.

My least favourite city? Probably Lacunosa Town just because there's not as much to do there. I still like it though; it has great music.

I do like the 4th Gen cities a lot, but on the whole I think BW had more creative cities and more interesting design ideas, like the water in Icirrus City with the Pokemon in it that freezes in winter, the camera angles and skyscrapers of Castelia City, and the alternate designs for Opelucid City depending on which version you bought. :645:

Pokemon Trainer Blue
21st May 2011, 5:39 PM
I much prefer Opelucids White music than what it got in Black. Thing is, I have Black version.

Paradoxe
21st May 2011, 8:12 PM
I know. Black exclusives really let me down.

Geekachu
21st May 2011, 9:47 PM
Castelia is probably one of my favourites because I love how they made you feel so immersed in a City before, it was the first place where you feel you could get lost :D Although I like Striaton's architecture, and I would hypothetically live in Nacrene City, it's so cultured and artistic- I love it.

However as of today I've given up on White Forest. I'm going to let it rot.

I also wish that they had done more with Lacunosa and Undella Town because they both seemed a bit too similar. I wish I had Black City, I wayyy prefer big cities to crummy forests. GAH.

Grey Wind
21st May 2011, 10:24 PM
I wish they had some sort of event in Lacunosa regarding Kyurem. You could have had to wait until night when it kidnapped an NPC and chase it to the Giant Chasm or something.

Geekachu
22nd May 2011, 12:24 AM
I wish they had some sort of event in Lacunosa regarding Kyurem. You could have had to wait until night when it kidnapped an NPC and chase it to the Giant Chasm or something.

That would've been hilariously awesome, a bit like Lostelle in the Sevii Islands. I think Kyerum kidnapping and eating people was all just a figment of their imagination :S Apparently Kyurem was the corpse left over when the single dragon split into Reshiram and Zekrom, but they say it came from space in a meteor :S It's so confusing... I can't wait for grey :D:D

Silent Conversation
22nd May 2011, 1:04 AM

This is a pretty funny idea, but even if I didn't like it, I would still prefer something over the purpose Lacunosa has right now - none.

Grey Wind
22nd May 2011, 1:39 PM
Yeah, it needs something there. I rarely go back to Lacunosa. I normally fly to Undella to get to the Giant Chasm.

King Lawliet
22nd May 2011, 1:45 PM
Yeah, it needs something there. I rarely go back to Lacunosa. I normally fly to Undella to get to the Giant Chasm.It's a longer journey so why do you do that?

Grey Wind
22nd May 2011, 2:03 PM
It's a longer journey so why do you do that?
Well, I rarely go to Giant Chasm anyway.
But if I am, I'll go to Undella becasue it's in the middle of East Unova. If I want to go to White Forest or Giant Chasm, I cna get there easily from Undella, while having my Cynthia battle.

Paradoxe
22nd May 2011, 4:01 PM
Did anybody ever go out of the West exit of Nimbasa, and was scared that there was trainers out there? I thought they were gonna have Lv. 60s like the post-game areas do.

King Lawliet
22nd May 2011, 4:31 PM
Did anybody ever go out of the West exit of Nimbasa, and was scared that there was trainers out there? I thought they were gonna have Lv. 60s like the post-game areas do.
I assume you mean the East exit as you have to go West to progress in the game anyway

Silent Conversation
22nd May 2011, 5:50 PM
someone can explain and give me an example about what the ability "magic bounse" do?

Someone can in either the Help Thread or the Attacks/Abilities thread, but certainly not this one :p

Paradox, I started travelling post-game from the Opelucid side, and all I did was just Audino grind until my team was about Level 55, and then I just braved it and went on.

Grey Wind
22nd May 2011, 6:41 PM
I started from Opelucid too, although I didn't bother training, I just went straight ahead.

Paradoxe
22nd May 2011, 6:48 PM
I assume you mean the East exit as you have to go West to progress in the game anyway

o_______o yes.

Lorde
22nd May 2011, 9:17 PM
I also started my post-game adventure on the Opelucid City side. I thought about going east from Nimbasa City, but I thought against it. It just made more sense to start from Opelucid City and end at Nimbasa City. Ironically, both are my favorite cities in the Unova region, so in retrospect, it didn't really matter which side I started on.

Asterveil
22nd May 2011, 9:29 PM
I started from Opelcuid too. Don't know why though... I think I wanted to see the bumpy hills on the route between the Village Bridge and Lacunosa. Aren't the cities in Unova named after types of clouds?

Silent Conversation
22nd May 2011, 9:39 PM
Aren't the cities in Unova named after types of clouds?

Yes, they are.

Also, the reason I started from Opelucid is just because I wanted to travel through the post-game routes in chronological order. I'm just one of those people who like order, so it worked for me.

manifesto
22nd May 2011, 9:54 PM
I started from Nimbasa because I wanted to get right to White Forest to see what it'd be like. (I didn't look at ANY spoilers after the games were released in Japan)

Geekachu
22nd May 2011, 9:58 PM
I went from the Opelucid side too, mainly because I wanted White Forest to be the last place I visited. However I heard that your score thing for Black City/White Forest starts as soon as you beat the Elite Four- so I wish I went to White Forest first :/ I had a a day before the pond went :(

manifesto
22nd May 2011, 10:10 PM
That's harsh...mine's in awesome condition. I love it there because I have an endless supply of Ralts and Trapinch. Which both evolve into 3 of my favorite pokemon.

Silent Conversation
22nd May 2011, 10:13 PM
I used to go to my Black City every day to ensure the trainers stayed, but after a while I got bored of it and just let it disappear. About two or three weeks ago, I checked my Black City and it only had 3 trainers left, so by now all of them are probably gone.

manifesto
22nd May 2011, 10:15 PM
Well Black City woulda been more useful for the shop, no?

Silent Conversation
22nd May 2011, 10:17 PM
But my Black City didn't have any useful items, so it was pretty pointless to me.

manifesto
22nd May 2011, 10:25 PM
I suppose, my brother's is chock-full of awesome items. I'm jealous half the time. I suppose the ease I find in keeping the cities going comes from the fact that all 5 of my siblings have the games and I have about 4 friends I see on a regular basis to play with on top of my girlfriend also playing. Kinda lucky haha

Lorde
22nd May 2011, 10:25 PM
Oh, the dreaded Black City. How I hate that place. At least my White Forest had a house when I got there. The rest of the area was empty save for a Pokemon Center, but it at least seemed more natural when there was something there other than just the Pokemon Center. My Black City is totally deserted. I have White version, but I can't connect the two games since I lack a second DS system. I was hoping that they'd release some kind of patch that would give you some characters in your empty Black City/White Forest, but they haven't. FML.

Asterveil
23rd May 2011, 12:04 AM
Ouch. Thank goodness for my little brother who rarely plays on his DS or my Black City would be deserted too...

Pokemon Trainer Blue
23rd May 2011, 4:47 AM
I haven't played this in over a month, my Black City will be nothing when I re-boot...

Silent Conversation
23rd May 2011, 5:39 AM
I know that the purpose of emptying Black City and White Forest was to make you play the game consistently, but I don't think the punishment for not doing it should be completely emptying out an entire city. If you ask me, it's a pretty bad message - "continuously play video games or we will issue consequences in your game".

Emperor Empoleon
23rd May 2011, 5:46 AM
What stinks most(imo) is that the main building of Black City is the first thing to go -__-' (is that for everyone or was that just my game?)

All those nice items..I'm gonna buy what I need before the place goes bye-bye again..Though I only buy Heart Scales from there anyway. I'd like a few evo stones though..

I love Black City, but that drawback is a real pain @___@ Especially for anyone with no access to White Forest..

Silent Conversation
23rd May 2011, 5:50 AM
What stinks most(imo) is that the main building of Black City is the first thing to go -__-' (is that for everyone or was that just my game?).

No, it was the same for me. It was kind of disappointing, but then again, I didn't really use that building much when it was there anyways :p

manifesto
23rd May 2011, 6:06 AM
They're pretty harsh on your Black players aren't they? Losing your items first and then everything else? That's pretty ridiculous.

JasonTongFlute
23rd May 2011, 8:52 AM
-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White? - Nimbasa City
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White? - The one after Nimbasa.. The thrill of seeing Castelia then Nimbasa, then some boring old town.. well yeah.
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities? - THEY'RE PRETTIER!
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added? - A Musical city full of Flautists and stuff :P
-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake? - Same as above :D

Elementer
24th May 2011, 4:48 AM
Now completely in love with Village Bridge. The music is SO nice, spent 15 minutes just getting everyone to play their music, running around and listen to it. It's such a nice, peaceful place. Love it :3

jmarsh1324
24th May 2011, 5:23 AM
I never had a White Forest. It has always been empty. I've been trying to get some trainers in there, but I'm not having any luck. :(

TheHauntedOne
24th May 2011, 7:03 AM
I like Black City, when it's all filled up. I managed to run through the game quick, so I had all 10 trainers and lots of buildings in my Black City. I can buy heart scales, battle 10 trainers a day, get money from the greedy guy... It's pretty much a win.

I think I prefer white-version's Opelucid city to the Black version. Nimbasa is pretty fun too, and as much as I like the graphics of Castelia city... It seems sort of lacking. All those large buildings and people, there should be more to do!

Paradoxe
24th May 2011, 12:02 PM
I don't think this has come up yet, but what's the P2 Lab like and the route leading up to it?

Geekachu
24th May 2011, 9:31 PM
I don't think this has come up yet, but what's the P2 Lab like and the route leading up to it?

Is that cause you've never been?

Yeah I hate White Forest. Whereas I prefer all the other White version exclusives, White Forest was so rubbish. In Black City you could buy items, battle and get bucketloads of money. In White Forest I could catch some Togepi, Ralts (Well, I was okay with them :D).

White Forest was so god awful. And finding items there does NOT count, my best find is a Yellow Shard. *Sighs* I wish you could plant berries there too or wut

Grey Wind
24th May 2011, 9:37 PM
I was in White Forest before, and saw an item. 'Ooh a pokeball, wonder what item it is.'
A pokeball >.>

Berries would be a great idea for White Forest actually.

Geekachu
24th May 2011, 9:43 PM
I was in White Forest before, and saw an item. 'Ooh a pokeball, wonder what item it is.'
A pokeball >.>

Berries would be a great idea for White Forest actually.

Just normal Pokeballs are my second best find there, behind Yellow Shards. Evo Stones my ***

Witchan
24th May 2011, 9:48 PM
I can't freaking find anything inside White Forest since someone says Pokemon exist inside the forest. What seems to be the problem?

Geekachu
24th May 2011, 10:31 PM
If there are no Pokemon, and presumably no people, it's because it's been too long since you visited White Forest or talked to the people. After a while of leaving it the people begin to leave and so do the patches of grass and the Pokemon. The only way to rectify it is to have another DS, and a Black Game, then you use the Entralink to go to their Black City. It's so much trouble, and the most idiotic and annoying thing in a Pokemon Game.

Lorde
25th May 2011, 12:06 AM
I managed to find someone with another DS, so I was finally able to add people to my Black City. I didn't know that you could do that even with an empty White Forest, but I found people on there, which was weird but awesome at the same time. Now my Black City is large and I battled some trainers there this afternoon. I also bought some Water Stones and some Leaf Stones. Does anyone know if I can transfer more people to my Black City using the same White Forest that I used before?

Silent Conversation
25th May 2011, 12:10 AM
The most inconvenient thing for me is that my younger sister bought White, but she stopped playing the game before she got to White Forest. Plus, she's stuck on the fact that she will play it some more (which she won't), so she won't even let me get to White Forest for her.

manifesto
25th May 2011, 1:20 AM
I managed to find someone with another DS, so I was finally able to add people to my Black City. I didn't know that you could do that even with an empty White Forest, but I found people on there, which was weird but awesome at the same time. Now my Black City is large and I battled some trainers there this afternoon. I also bought some Water Stones and some Leaf Stones. Does anyone know if I can transfer more people to my Black City using the same White Forest that I used before?

You can if you didn't take everyone from it during that one time you used it. Also, your White Forest/Black City can only have 10 people in it at one time. So If you're full up, someone's got to take people from your city.

Lorde
25th May 2011, 1:24 AM
You can if you didn't take everyone from it during that one time you used it. Also, your White Forest/Black City can only have 10 people in it at one time. So If you're full up, someone's got to take people from your city.

I only took about 5 people with me from White Forest, so I guess I should be able to take some more with me to Black City if I link up with White version again. And I heard that the maximum amount of people in Black City was 45. Is that just overall people then, and not trainers?

Silent Conversation
25th May 2011, 1:27 AM
I only took about 5 people with me from White Forest, so I guess I should be able to take some more with me to Black City if I link up with White version again. And I heard that the maximum amount of people in Black City was 45. Is that just overall people then, and not trainers?

It must be overall people, because having 45 trainers you could actually battle in a single Black City would be crazy.

Lorde
25th May 2011, 1:36 AM
It must be overall people, because having 45 trainers you could actually battle in a single Black City would be crazy.

I guess that makes sense. I'm now wondering about the characters that need to be spoken to. I've heard that you need to talk to people to get them to stay in Black City, but does that mean that I have to talk to everyone in the city, or just the trainers? Because going back to the city daily just to talk to all the NPCs seems hectic :/

Grey Wind
25th May 2011, 5:39 PM
You can just enter the area, can't you? That makes the people stay as well.

7 tyranitars
25th May 2011, 5:45 PM

do you need wifi for doing that or just 2 DSes?

Geekachu
25th May 2011, 6:31 PM
do you need wifi for doing that or just 2 DSes?

I think it's just two DS' with Black and White

Lorde
25th May 2011, 10:34 PM
You can just enter the area, can't you? That makes the people stay as well.

I've heard that it helps, but talking to people is more effective.

I think it's just two DS' with Black and White

Yeah, luckily I managed to borrow someone's DS, and I've been using it for all the wireless features. I'm going to attempt to get all the Pass Powers at the Entralink, since that apparently upgrades the Trainer Card. I also went back to White Forest to kidnap more people, but they didn't want to leave. Since the limit seems to be 10, that means I should be able to take about 5 more. I guess I gotta link with another White version for that.

And I was sad that I couldn't hear White's Opelucid City theme when I visited it on Black version ;_;

Grey Wind
25th May 2011, 10:40 PM
I've heard that it helps, but talking to people is more effective.

So it is.
Time to talk to everybody....

Witchan
25th May 2011, 10:41 PM

It's not crazy, it's fun and addictive. It kind of reminds you of the Fighting Dojo in HG/SS when you call all 16 Gym Leader day after day and battle them at the same time.

Silent Conversation
25th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Well, 16 is considerably less than 45.

Lorde
25th May 2011, 11:23 PM
I'm glad that there aren't 45 trainers that you have to battle. I mean, I don't think that Black City is even big enough to fit 45 trainers. There are so many buildings in my Black City, that it looks overcrowded. It's funny because I remember saying that my Black City looked vacant just a few days ago. Now it's almost too full, but I'm happy.

Asterveil
25th May 2011, 11:55 PM
Awesome..................... Anyways err... I wonder what Black City/White Forest in Pkmn Gray(or whatever) will be like?

Mystica
25th May 2011, 11:58 PM
It's not crazy, it's fun and addictive. It kind of reminds you of the Fighting Dojo in HG/SS when you call all 16 Gym Leader day after day and battle them at the same time.

Oh jeeze, I used to LOVE doing that on HG before I reset it. ;D
White Forest is terribly irritating. It'd be nice if there were at least more version-exclusive unique to White Forest...or something. It kinda sucks having to trade for all your items. X)

Lorde
25th May 2011, 11:58 PM
Awesome..................... Anyways err... I wonder what Black City/White Forest in Pkmn Gray(or whatever) will be like?

No idea. But I do hope that they change the mechanics a bit. I hope that there are trainers in Black City/Pokemon in White Forest even without having to connect with another game. I think they should add some features where you have to connect with others games, but they shouldn't make it mandatory. A lot of people are angry about the current Black City/White Forest mechanics, and I hope that Game Freak learned something from all of this.

And does anyone here actually like Icirrus City? I certainly don't :|

Mystica
26th May 2011, 12:08 AM
No idea. But I do hope that they change the mechanics a bit. I hope that there are trainers in Black City/Pokemon in White Forest even without having to connect with another game. I think they should add some features where you have to connect with others games, but they shouldn't make it mandatory. A lot of people are angry about the current Black City/White Forest mechanics, and I hope that Game Freak learned something from all of this.

I have to agree; it'd be nice if it was at least over WFC. How is one honestly going to walk around, asking if someone has a copy of Black/White? The mechanics for that are a little strange...

Asterveil
26th May 2011, 12:10 AM
Thank God I have a few friends who play Pokemon;) Oh Iccirus is very pretty, and I love the music!!! Oh brings back memories of Chrono Trigger...

Grey Wind
26th May 2011, 6:31 PM
Icirrus City was my favourite. The music is awesome.

Witchan
26th May 2011, 8:20 PM
Oh jeeze, I used to LOVE doing that on HG before I reset it. ;D
White Forest is terribly irritating. It'd be nice if there were at least more version-exclusive unique to White Forest...or something. It kinda sucks having to trade for all your items. X)

I agree, it's terrible. They should thought about putting various trainer inside the place instead of five freaking trainers. Ugh...

Lorde
26th May 2011, 11:43 PM
Icirrus City was my favourite. The music is awesome.

I just didn't like it. There was nothing there that held my interest, and the music was boring IMO. I don't hate Icirrus City, but I don't love it either. It's just there. I usually skip over it and I haven't been there in a while on Black version. I also rarely visit Anville Town these days, since the traders there only offer common items. Sorry, but I'd rather just buy the stuff that they're offering.

Mister_SGG
26th May 2011, 11:44 PM
All that's good about Iccirus is the Rare Candy & Rage Candy Bar.

Lorde
26th May 2011, 11:51 PM

I didn't even bother picking up the RageCandyBar since I already had one from Professor Juniper and two from the Royal Unova. I also already have a Darmanitan, so I don't care for the ones at the Relic Castle. The last time I was in Icirrus City was at the start of May, since it was Spring again and I wanted to capture a Shelmet. That was almost a month ago, so that should tell you that I don't like Icirrus City :|

Mister_SGG
26th May 2011, 11:53 PM
I didn't even bother picking up the RageCandyBar since I already had one from Professor Juniper and two from the Royal Unova. I also already have a Darmanitan, so I don't care for the ones at the Relic Castle. The last time I was in Icirrus City was at the start of May, since it was Spring again and I wanted to capture a Shelmet. That was almost a month ago, so that should tell you that I don't like Icirrus City :|

I kind of made a little side quest to capture all the ZM Darmanitan.

Witchan
27th May 2011, 12:00 AM

IMO, that RageCandyBar was a waste. It should've been a PP Up or PP Max instead.

Lorde
27th May 2011, 12:04 AM
I used my second White version and I linked up with Black version. I added another 5 trainers to my Black City, but what I wasn't expecting was for the city to grow even more. A bunch of the buildings changed into skyscrapers, and I'm wondering if the city will grow if I add more characters. I'd love to see Black City covered in nothing but skyscrapers. Is that even possible, though?

Geekachu
27th May 2011, 8:58 PM
I wish that you could plant berries in White Forest too. I mean, in Black City you could battle trainers, buy awesome items and get a load of money.

In White Forest you could catch some Pokemon (some of which are good) and get some crummy items off the floor. IMO White Forest is far inferior to Black City.

Speaking of which, I haven't been on my White for a few days now. Bye bye forest.

Paradoxe
27th May 2011, 9:34 PM

Only the music and the gym. Not much else.

Grey Wind
27th May 2011, 9:36 PM
I went to my White Forest yesterday, and realised that a few people had left, and some of the trees are tiny ;_;
I really hate this.

-Unicorno-
27th May 2011, 9:53 PM
does anybody know how to get more people in black city and what the limit is

Excitable Boy
27th May 2011, 9:55 PM
You get more people by kidnapping them from someone's White Forest.

The limit is ten.

-Unicorno-
27th May 2011, 9:56 PM
ok, then I have the limit. How do you get a bigger variety of items?

Lorde
28th May 2011, 12:33 AM
I wish that you could plant berries in White Forest too. I mean, in Black City you could battle trainers, buy awesome items and get a load of money.

In White Forest you could catch some Pokemon (some of which are good) and get some crummy items off the floor. IMO White Forest is far inferior to Black City.

Speaking of which, I haven't been on my White for a few days now. Bye bye forest.

I think it's the opposite. I think White Forest is amazing since you can catch a lot of Pokemon that aren't in Black version. Yeah, some of those can be found on the Dream World, but you only get to transfer one Pokemon to your game. I appreciate the battles in Black City, but I've already leveled up my team, so those battles are useless to me. I agree about growing berries in White Forest, though. That would've been cool.

Emperor Empoleon
28th May 2011, 12:50 AM
Regarding Black City, it really isnt what I expected :? By the signs I mean..Prosperous and Vibrant makes it sound like there's lots of people there and very much to do..I like the battles, and the shop, but besides that it had a pretty small population :/

And everyone who does actually live in the buildings are some of the worst kinds of people >.<

Lorde
28th May 2011, 1:03 AM
And everyone who does actually live in the buildings are some of the worst kinds of people >.<

I've seen worse people on here lol. But yeah, everyone in Black City is greedy to the extreme. Like that kid who wants more toys and that one rich guy who only talks about greed and hands out money if you beat trainers. I wonder, how are the people in White Forest? I've yet to visit a complete White Forest, so I don't know what goes on there. I'm going to laugh if they're all saints.

-Unicorno-
28th May 2011, 1:10 AM
I've seen worse people on here lol. But yeah, everyone in Black City is greedy to the extreme. Like that kid who wants more toys and that one rich guy who only talks about greed and hands out money if you beat trainers. I wonder, how are the people in White Forest? I've yet to visit a complete White Forest, so I don't know what goes on there. I'm going to laugh if they're all saints.

They may not be saints, but they are extremely nice.

King Lawliet
28th May 2011, 1:12 AM
I think it's the opposite. I think White Forest is amazing since you can catch a lot of Pokemon that aren't in Black version. Yeah, some of those can be found on the Dream World, but you only get to transfer one Pokemon to your game. I appreciate the battles in Black City, but I've already leveled up my team, so those battles are useless to me. I agree about growing berries in White Forest, though. That would've been cool.
I feel with the GTS, exclusive Pokémon aren't really that hard to obtain. Like you said you can get some of the Pokémon in the Dream World so after you've obtained all of the White Forest only Pokémon there's not really much else you can do with it.

Black City just is so much more useful as the Battles will always be there, sure you say to yourself that you've levelled up your team but what happens if you decide you want to level up another? Not only that but the fact that you can buy stones and just get lots of money from it means Black City is vastly superior to White Forest in my eyes

Lorde
28th May 2011, 1:22 AM
They may not be saints, but they are extremely nice.

Geez, way to make Black City folks look bad. Nice people get boring after a while, so I guess I enjoy the attitudes of the Black City people. They're selfish, but at least they know how to have a good time.

I feel with the GTS, exclusive Pokémon aren't really that hard to obtain. Like you said you can get some of the Pokémon in the Dream World so after you've obtained all of the White Forest only Pokémon there's not really much else you can do with it.

Personally, I like my Pokemon to have my OT, so I wouldn't trade for them unless I really had to. That's why I think White Forest is more convenient, since you can catch a lot of Pokemon yourself. I think that the Pokemon vary depending on how often you've connected to other games, but it's still a nice place.

-Unicorno-
28th May 2011, 1:25 AM
Geez, way to make Black City folks look bad. Nice people get boring after a while, so I guess I enjoy the attitudes of the Black City people. They're selfish, but at least they know how to have a good time.

Personally, I like my Pokemon to have my OT, so I wouldn't trade for them unless I really had to. That's why I think White Forest is more convenient, since you can catch a lot of Pokemon yourself. I think that the Pokemon vary depending on how often you've connected to other games, but it's still a nice place.

You can't say Black City civilians are selfish. 1 guy PAYS YOU to be GREEDY. That's not exactly what I call a saint.

King Lawliet
28th May 2011, 1:34 AM
If you really wanted your own OT why not just breed them? In addition to that, you can get egg moves to go with it as well

Lorde
28th May 2011, 1:35 AM
You can't say Black City civilians are selfish. 1 guy PAYS YOU to be GREEDY. That's not exactly what I call a saint.

But he still values greed more than anything else, which isn't exactly a trait that people find attractive. If Black and White weren't video games, I'd feel sorry for him and some of the other people in Black City. They only care about the dollar, when there are better things in life. It looks like White Forest's citizens enjoy a simple life, which is the exact opposite of Black City's citizens. I guess I should've expected that.

Mister_SGG
28th May 2011, 1:39 AM
While we're on the subject of Black City, let's talk about sex is it racist that my brother thought the entire population of Black City would be black? He's only 9, so I'm sure he meant no offense.

RANK UP.

Penguinsftw
28th May 2011, 2:18 AM
While we're on the subject of Black City, let's talk about sex is it racist that my brother thought the entire population of Black City would be black? He's only 9, so I'm sure he meant no offense.

RANK UP.

Isnt everyone in white forest white?

Lorde
28th May 2011, 2:24 AM

Send him to tolerance camp! The first thing that I thought of when I heard about Black City was pollution. I thought that Black City would be disgusting, while White Forest would be clean. In reality, Black City is just more urban. I don't think it's really polluted, although it could be. It's hard to tell since the city changes so often. White Forest is clean like I thought, but I'd call it natural instead, since that sounds more fitting.

Paradoxe
28th May 2011, 4:03 AM

RANK UP.

No, it isn't. Unless he said, "I hope it isn't...".

Speaking of Black City, how does it compare to other cities when it's full?

Lorde
28th May 2011, 4:28 AM
Speaking of Black City, how does it compare to other cities when it's full?

It's still pretty boring, even when it's full. You can only enter the Pokemon Center, three houses and a shopping center, so it's pretty bland. I like that the buildings get taller as you add more people to Black City, but that's the only cool thing about it. I'm a bit disappointed that I waited this long for something so anticlimactic.

Geekachu
28th May 2011, 11:31 AM
I think both White Forest and Black City were both a bit anticlimatic, let's hope the respective place for the third version will be a lot better :D

And I wish you could use the Entralink over Wi-Fi, I really want to steal people for White Forest/visit Black City .-.

PokemonOwn
28th May 2011, 11:50 AM
Worst Town/Most boring town?

Laconusa Town. Only good thing, Kyurem eats inhabitants. They deserve it, for being such a boring town.

Grey Wind
28th May 2011, 12:14 PM
Yes Lacunosa is very boring. As I mentioned before, it would be cool if Kyurem actually came and kidnapped inhabitants and you had to chase him or something.

JohnNiles
28th May 2011, 3:32 PM
I'm dissatisfied with the selection of trainers I have in Black City. There were a few in my White City cart that I wanted, but they never actually gave me the option to transfer, so I took the ones that would come instead. I'm thinking of letting it sit until everyone leaves- but does that mean that the ones I originally got from White won't be available for transfer a second time? And if that's so, I wonder if starting over on Black (huge pain because of the Global Link account) would change anything.

Silent Conversation
28th May 2011, 4:09 PM
Yes Lacunosa is very boring. As I mentioned before, it would be cool if Kyurem actually came and kidnapped inhabitants and you had to chase him or something.

IMO, that would be a cross of really cool and absolutely hilarious. I mean, seriously, try picturing a normal day in a quiet town, and then all of a sudden a giant dragon walks in, takes some people, and leaves. Watching that would be extremely funny.

Paradoxe
28th May 2011, 4:10 PM
Since I haven't beaten the E4, I'd have to say Accumula town is pretty boring too. It says it's growing every day but I don't see any evidence of that.

Silent Conversation
28th May 2011, 4:11 PM
Accumula City is quite boring, but the one thing I love about it is that it was the first city to have the add-on music by talking to NPCs that play instruments.

bolter1
28th May 2011, 5:24 PM
My favourite is probably Villiage Bridge because it is a town that is built upon a 200 year old stone bridge, how is that not cool. It also has a pleasant atmosphere and when the lights turn on at night it just radiates peacefulness.
Least favourite is Opelucid because before I battled Iris i was training on Route 9 so now the music and city annoy me so much that I skip over the city whenever I can.

Paradoxe
28th May 2011, 5:27 PM
I just remembered the shopping center West of Opelucid. I hate that they put trainers (and no rematches!) in it. I went to talk to an innicent looking person after my battle with Bianca (one Pokemon left) and it was a fricking trainer. I lost.

Lorde
28th May 2011, 10:30 PM
Accumula City is quite boring, but the one thing I love about it is that it was the first city to have the add-on music by talking to NPCs that play instruments.

Even with the cool music, I thought it was completely boring. Towns like that usually aren't very interesting, but Accumula is still way more dull than I had expected. I always skip over Accumula Town because of that. I tend to fly to Striaton City very often, since it's close to the Day Care Center. I don't love it, but it's mighty convenient.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 12:03 AM
Even with the cool music, I thought it was completely boring. Towns like that usually aren't very interesting, but Accumula is still way more dull than I had expected. I always skip over Accumula Town because of that. I tend to fly to Striaton City very often, since it's close to the Day Care Center. I don't love it, but it's mighty convenient.

Accumula's music was really delightful and nice, whereas I like Striaton's architecture. It was nice how in Unova the towns were a bit more distinguishable by their buildings.

Zibdas
29th May 2011, 12:37 AM
Best city to me was a tie between Black City, Village Bridge and Undella.

Grey Wind
29th May 2011, 2:21 PM
Accumula's music was really delightful and nice, whereas I like Striaton's architecture. It was nice how in Unova the towns were a bit more distinguishable by their buildings.
I liked Accumula's music too, but the town was boring.

And the map in game says something about the stairs in Striaton...I can't remember what though :S

Silent Conversation
29th May 2011, 4:42 PM
Another thing that I liked about Accumula besides the music was when you went to the top of the city, you could overlook Route 2, which was a really nice sight. But I do agree that other than that and the music, there's nothing special about the city.

Witchan
29th May 2011, 5:28 PM
Accumula's music sounds kind of bizarre, but fun at the same time.

Aegon
29th May 2011, 5:56 PM
Another thing that I liked about Accumula besides the music was when you went to the top of the city, you could overlook Route 2, which was a really nice sight. But I do agree that other than that and the music, there's nothing special about the city.
That was the nice thing about Accumula. It had slight upgrades from DPPtHGSS, paving the way for the major advancements to come. It is quite boring, in retrospect, though.

I liked Village Bridge for its all-out Oriental-ness. The music was very relaxing to listen to, and the area oozed uniqueness.

Geekachu
29th May 2011, 6:00 PM
My favourite part about the Village Bridge is when you go into that house and that mad woman and her 4 Patrat run off suddenly, and then they start performing on Marvellous Bridge, the sheer weirdness of the occasion made me laugh

TheEpicGoomba
29th May 2011, 6:05 PM
What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Either Castelia or Driftveil. Castelia because it is actually a city. Unlike the past games the city's only had a couple of people and tiny houses while Castelia has Skyscrapers. Driftveil cause it has epic Music.

What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Anville because it was boring.

How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
They were much better because they were bigger and had more to do.

Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
A Platypus Pokemon.

Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
More Plasma backstory and updated Gym,ELite4 and Champions rosters.

Lorde
30th May 2011, 12:09 AM
My favourite part about the Village Bridge is when you go into that house and that mad woman and her 4 Patrat run off suddenly, and then they start performing on Marvellous Bridge, the sheer weirdness of the occasion made me laugh

I didn't know what to think of that when it happened. I just sort of left, not even thinking that she'd appear on another bridge with her Patrat. I still hate that little mini-game, though. I have no use for BigMushrooms, so I don't even bother with it. At least the game on Village Bridge gives you Lum Berries, which are more useful.

And what exactly is so bizarre about Accumula Town's music?

pkmnfn
30th May 2011, 8:39 PM
I LOVE the music in driftveil...#1 town...

Grey Wind
30th May 2011, 10:15 PM
I didn't know what to think of that when it happened. I just sort of left, not even thinking that she'd appear on another bridge with her Patrat. I still hate that little mini-game, though. I have no use for BigMushrooms, so I don't even bother with it. At least the game on Village Bridge gives you Lum Berries, which are more useful.

And what exactly is so bizarre about Accumula Town's music?
It was very random and bizzare. I just said 'oh' and moved on.

TheBluePorygon
30th May 2011, 11:54 PM
I liked Castelia with the ice cream parlor and all the people running around XD

-Unicorno-
30th May 2011, 11:55 PM
Does anybody know how to get more items in black city?

Geekachu
30th May 2011, 11:56 PM

I wouldn't say it's bizzare, it's this light piccolo melody that reflects on the tranquility and calm of the town. What would've been random and bizzare they had some dubstep breakdown instead

Hatsune Miku
30th May 2011, 11:56 PM
i ran into people and i got to talk to one he said GO GO GO!

Lorde
31st May 2011, 12:03 AM

It seems more boring than bizarre if you ask me. Bizarre would mean that Accumula Town is weird, when it really isn't. It's just a boring little town with boring little people.

Does anybody know how to get more items in black city?

I think you need to link with another White version in order for more items to be sold. I linked once and I got Water Stones and Leaf Stones at the store there. Once I linked up to another White version, I got Fire Stones at the store, so I'm assuming that you have to link up with other games a few more times.

-Unicorno-
31st May 2011, 12:54 AM
I randomly talked to the guy while my freind was over. I turned on the volume for the heck of it, and the music was EE Ah EE ah. I wondered WTF was up and shut off my game.