PDA

View Full Version : Black and White City Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Emperor Empoleon
31st May 2011, 1:05 AM
I got some new items in Black City after linking up yesterday, but one guy stopped selling Heart Scales ;-;

Mine is finally full actually :3 It looks great. I did go to White Forest & Opelucid City on White Version the other day too. As much as I like Black Version's cities, I'm really liking White's now :S (Only thing keeping me from buying White was Reshiram XD)

Lorde
31st May 2011, 1:08 AM
I got some new items in Black City after linking up yesterday, but one guy stopped selling Heart Scales ;-;

Mine is finally full actually :3 It looks great. I did go to White Forest & Opelucid City on White Version the other day too. As much as I like Black Version's cities, I'm really liking White's now :S (Only thing keeping me from buying White was Reshiram XD)

How can you tell if Black City is completely full? I've been trying to figure that out. I've linked with two White versions so far, and Black City looks pretty big, but I'm not sure if it's completely full. I can buy some evolutionary stones and some Shards at the shop in Black City, but that's pretty much it.

Emperor Empoleon
31st May 2011, 1:11 AM
How can you tell if Black City is completely full? I've been trying to figure that out. I've linked with two White versions so far, and Black City looks pretty big, but I'm not sure if it's completely full. I can buy some evolutionary stones and some Shards at the shop in Black City, but that's pretty much it.

Well, really I'm just guessing that it is ^^;

But I have all of the larger buildings set up, and no one else is coming over from my cousin's White Forest.

Asterveil
31st May 2011, 3:35 AM
Is Opelcuid City better in White or Black?

Lorde
31st May 2011, 3:38 AM

I like them both, but White's Opelucid City seems more natural, so I usually go there more often than I go to Black's Opelucid City. I also think that the music is better, and I like that Drayden can be seen in his house rather than Iris. Black's Opelucid City looks more like a city than White's, but White's Opelucid City has more charm.

Grey Wind
31st May 2011, 10:51 PM
It's a matter of opinion. I personally like White's better, but you could think differently.

Kuro_Kitsune
31st May 2011, 10:57 PM
How is it that you get people to live in Black City? Mine is all empty except for the Pokemon Center (Nurse Joy must have lots of free time there).

Geekachu
31st May 2011, 10:59 PM

If I'm to be honest White, if it makes sense I just thought that Black's was too futuristic in a way. And yeah White's is more humble and charming

Lorde
31st May 2011, 11:14 PM
How is it that you get people to live in Black City? Mine is all empty except for the Pokemon Center (Nurse Joy must have lots of free time there).

You go on the Entralink, you visit someone's White Forest, you talk to people and some of them will head off to your Black City. That's the only way to add people to Black City once yours is empty.

Silent Conversation
31st May 2011, 11:44 PM

That question is basically is a city better when it revolves around nature or technology. I like technological cities, therefore I prefer Black Opelucid.

Kuro_Kitsune
1st June 2011, 12:21 AM
You go on the Entralink, you visit someone's White Forest, you talk to people and some of them will head off to your Black City. That's the only way to add people to Black City once yours is empty.
I see, it'll be a while then cuz I don't know anyone near me with White. D:

Geekachu
1st June 2011, 12:58 PM
Whose visited Undella Town in the summer yet? It's quite a nice change with more people there and the music's cool too. I've just been to trade a Cinccino for a Munchlax :D

lostboy
1st June 2011, 1:21 PM
I did and it's early morning. Sinnoh Champ Cynthia is vacationing there in her trench coat. :D

azkirby
1st June 2011, 1:33 PM
I did and it's early morning. Sinnoh Champ Cynthia is vacationing there in her trench coat. :D
It's a good training after all, to battle with cinthia.

misterdarvus
1st June 2011, 1:52 PM
Whose visited Undella Town in the summer yet? It's quite a nice change with more people there and the music's cool too. I've just been to trade a Cinccino for a Munchlax :D

I do, trade a bad nature Cinccino for a Munchlax, with a leftover.

I pretty enjoyed the new music, ane some route slighly change the music.

725roy
1st June 2011, 1:55 PM
I do, trade a bad nature Cinccino for a Munchlax, with a leftover.

I pretty enjoyed the new music, ane some route slighly change the music.

Gotta love Summer :D

Mevejuma
1st June 2011, 2:24 PM

Where is this trade? I desire to take full advantage of it! And also, the guy in the big villa at the end, what rare items is it he's looking for exactly? Or is there nothing whatsoever you can do with him?

misterdarvus
1st June 2011, 3:06 PM
Where is this trade? I desire to take full advantage of it! And also, the guy in the big villa at the end, what rare items is it he's looking for exactly? Or is there nothing whatsoever you can do with him?
Is the most left houses. (not the villa)
the guy in the villa seeking the treasures inside the abbysial (spell?) ruin.

Geekachu
1st June 2011, 5:51 PM

It's brilliant, he gave me like 200,000 for a statue or something. And the trade's cool, a Lv34 Cinccino for a Lv60 Munchlax- with leftovers? I think so.. :D

Lorde
1st June 2011, 5:55 PM

I just visited it, and I love it. I like how Undella Town is more festive in the Summer and I really like the music that plays there during the Summer season. I also really like that the female Gym Leaders visit Cynthia at her villa. I got Iris and Skyla today, but I'm hoping for Elesa and Lenora to visit tomorrow. The best part about Undella Town in the Summer has to be the Cinccino for Munchlax trade.

pkmnfn
5th June 2011, 12:43 PM

you count the number of people outside (the ones you have to battle almost every day)... the max is ten... I'm at 8 right now...

Lorde
5th June 2011, 7:45 PM
you count the number of people outside (the ones you have to battle almost every day)... the max is ten... I'm at 8 right now...

I thought the Black City was "full" if all the buildings were skyscrapers. Well, I have ten trainers in there so far, so I guess it's full. I was hoping for something a little more impressive, but Black City is kind of disappointing. So is White Forest I guess. I spent a long time looking for someone with another DS, but it seems to have been a total waste. I hope they change things up in a future game. And by that, I mean that I hope Black City/White Forest are changed to become more interesting.

KuroiMawile
5th June 2011, 8:46 PM
The one thing I hope they change is the 'you have X-many days before everyone leaves' limit they have the minute you start a new game.

King Lawliet
5th June 2011, 9:08 PM
Does anyone know the rate of that though as I've heard all different stories about when the timer actually counts down from

manifesto
6th June 2011, 3:14 AM
I heard it was from the time you beat the e4 on.

King Lawliet
6th June 2011, 3:23 AM
That's exactly what I've heard and yet people keep saying it's from when you start the game

Lorde
6th June 2011, 3:29 AM
Black City/White Forest aren't really all-that special anyway, so you aren't missing out on much if yours are empty. They sound interesting on paper, but once you're actually there, they're kind of boring. Both Black City and White Forest have good music, though. I liked spending time there just listening to the theme music. That was all I could do until recently, since my Black City/White Forest were completely empty.

King Lawliet
6th June 2011, 3:51 AM
Yeah...I know, it's just one of those things where I'd just rather know the actual answer as I started my White file around 2 months ago and I just wanted to know whether blitzing to White Forest after the Elite 4 would be pointless or not

Geekachu
6th June 2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah...I know, it's just one of those things where I'd just rather know the actual answer as I started my White file around 2 months ago and I just wanted to know whether blitzing to White Forest after the Elite 4 would be pointless or not

IMO it's only good to rush to White Forest, do the triple battles, catch the available Pokemon and then that's all there is to it. A bit disappointing really :/

Pikacu
6th June 2011, 1:21 PM
white forest is for the players that don't get the same kick from battling as other players do, so white forest allows the capture of rarer Pokemon as an added benefit to the players that prefer capturing Pokemon

Lorde
6th June 2011, 6:05 PM
white forest is for the players that don't get the same kick from battling as other players do, so white forest allows the capture of rarer Pokemon as an added benefit to the players that prefer capturing Pokemon

That makes it sound like people who prefer catching Pokemon should have gotten White version, while people who prefer battling Pokemon should have gotten Black version. I don't like how it almost forces you to pick one game over the other, when you might have wanted the opposite version.

But anyway, I stopped battling trainers in Black City recently, since I don't play Black version much anymore. I wonder if they'll start to disappear. I still have access to another DS, so I can always add more people, but I rather not have to go through that again :x

Silent Conversation
6th June 2011, 9:36 PM
I find Black City is only useful when training a team of about Level 50s to about Level 60. Once you get past Level 60, the Nimbasa Domes are a lot more efficient and past Level 75 the Elite 4 is your best option.

Grey Wind
6th June 2011, 9:41 PM
Black City never appealed to me. Catching more Pokemon seems better than a place to train when you have the Sports Domes, E4, Audino and Cynthia/Morimoto. Although buying Evo Stones is tempting.

Silent Conversation
6th June 2011, 9:43 PM
I don't even think there were any evo stones in my Black City, so that made it even more pointless.

Grey Wind
6th June 2011, 9:46 PM
I don't even think there were any evo stones in my Black City, so that made it even more pointless.
You can buy them I think. I wish they weren't so rare. I spent ages in Giant Chasm searching to no avail...

toawest1
6th June 2011, 9:48 PM
-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
black city bc i love to battling
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
don't dislike any
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
they are a lot better
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
visiting a different region like hoenn unless the make hoenn remakes
-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
not really

NeohopeSTF
6th June 2011, 9:51 PM
Aww there no more shope in my black city anymore -.-that sucks for me

Silent Conversation
6th June 2011, 9:56 PM
You can buy them I think. I wish they weren't so rare. I spent ages in Giant Chasm searching to no avail...

Well firstly, my Black City is empty, so I think the building that sells them is gone. Secondly, even when my Black City was full, I think the stones that are there is based on the trainers in the city, and I don't think I had the proper trainers.

megamudkip
6th June 2011, 9:59 PM
nimbasa city because of battle subway

Frozen Sunset
6th June 2011, 10:35 PM
My buildings are almost all gone now...yay :P

Geekachu
6th June 2011, 11:43 PM
To be honest I left my White Forest for a few days and went back on, but everything was still there. That thing's persistent.

Mangoes
6th June 2011, 11:47 PM
Doesn't the grass/buildings/people only disappear if fiddle with the time?

The only thing that's good about Black City is the eve stones, which is all I need because I can already catch all the pokemon in White Forest on my gen 4 and 3 games.

Lorde
6th June 2011, 11:51 PM
Doesn't the grass/buildings/people only disappear if fiddle with the time?

I've heard that the city starts to shrink if you stop talking to people there. I've heard that since last year, which is why I was worried that my Black City would be gone since I didn't really interact with anyone there yesterday.

King Lawliet
7th June 2011, 12:21 AM
If you mess with the clock too much then that will affect your Black City/White Forest. Also every person has a set value which increases and decreases with certain actions, once this value reaches 0 then they will leave your Black City/White Forest.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

Lorde
7th June 2011, 2:20 AM
If you mess with the clock too much then that will affect your Black City/White Forest. Also every person has a set value which increases and decreases with certain actions, once this value reaches 0 then they will leave your Black City/White Forest.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

*Facepalm* I didn't read that part saying that you only had to talk to characters if you had White Forest. I thought you had to talk to them in Black City as well, but it seems like all you have to do is battle the trainers there. I still think it's ridiculous that you have to battle the trainers in order for them to stay, but whatever.

And Undella Town is so hip in the Summer. I love the music, and the fact that there are tons of people there now :3

Asterveil
7th June 2011, 2:38 AM
Haha ^I have to agree about Undella. But there wasn't as many people as I thought there was going to be...

Lorde
7th June 2011, 2:47 AM
Haha ^I have to agree about Undella. But there wasn't as many people as I thought there was going to be...

There aren't too many people, but I'm satisfied with the numbers. I'm just happy that I finally managed to trade for that Munchlax in Undella Town. I was waiting for Summer so that I could obtain it. I also like that one guy who just yells out "Ocean!". I think it's a total waste of a speech bubble, but it's funny that he yells that out. He's like Iris, only male and older.

manifesto
7th June 2011, 2:55 AM
I like how some people are all like LOLOMG CYNTHIA. It makes me laugh.

Lorde
9th June 2011, 4:04 AM
I like how some people are all like LOLOMG CYNTHIA. It makes me laugh.

She's practically a celebrity, so I'm not surprised that the visitors in Undella Town are excited to see her there. She probably stays indoors most of the time, though. I also remember talking to some people there who came from the Hoenn region. That was cool. When I think about it, Undella Town reminds me of the Hoenn region a bit. It's probably because of the water, though. Beach cities like Undella Town always remind me of Hoenn since it had such vast oceans.

Paradoxe
9th June 2011, 5:45 AM
She probably stays indoors most of the time, though.

That would explain her horriby pale skin.

Grey Wind
9th June 2011, 12:37 PM
Undella in summer is really nice. The music is so upbeat. I was expecting more people, but the amount that's there is alright.

MdeSilva
9th June 2011, 4:31 PM
Its too much like "Umbrella" Town

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 4:50 PM

Well, considering it's a town on the beach, for all we know that could have been done on purpose.

Lorde
9th June 2011, 4:53 PM

I hadn't even noticed that similarity before. I guess I just got used to the name, so there weren't any problems. I still have trouble with Lucanosa Town, though. I often call it Lucasnosa Town or Lucanova Town. I try and catch my mistakes beforehand, but I slip up sometimes haha. Opelucid City is easy to spell, despite it looking complicated the first time I read it :p

Silent Conversation
9th June 2011, 4:57 PM
I still have trouble with Lucanosa Town, though.

This is what I sometimes call it, when it's actually Lacunosa Town :p

Lorde
9th June 2011, 5:19 PM

I always get the "A" and the "U" mixed up. I would simply call it Kagome Town, but then people wouldn't understand which location I'd be referring to. Oh well. And I haven't been to Anville Town in over a month. There's nothing to do there, so I rarely go. I used to go all the time since I read that you got items there from a train conductor, but that only happens if you've competed at the Battle Subway apparently.

Victoria
10th June 2011, 1:18 AM
I loved the Skyarrow bridge =D and all them changing views. I still prefer the towns and cities of hg/ss more though D:

Grei
10th June 2011, 1:37 AM

For a while, I didn't see Lacunosa--I saw "Lacrymosa." It bugged the hell out of me.

Lacunosa's got a cool design but it's so boring that its design doesn't matter. There is literally nothing to do there except find hidden items and hear about the old myth, and then be a little creeped when nobody is outside at night

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 2:37 AM
Lacunosa's got a cool design but it's so boring that its design doesn't matter. There is literally nothing to do there except find hidden items and hear about the old myth, and then be a little creeped when nobody is outside at night

I had actually been excited to see a completely empty town, as I had known about Lacunosa's nighttime emptiness before I visited the city myself. When I did arrive there for the first time, however, it happened to be night, and I felt nothing towards the lack of people roaming the streets of the town. So, I don't even consider that as something to do in the town.

Lorde
10th June 2011, 3:06 AM
For a while, I didn't see Lacunosa--I saw "Lacrymosa." It bugged the hell out of me.

I "lacry-ed" when I saw how bland Lacunosa Town was. I remember getting there and being disappointed that it looked so orderly. I guess I had just expected it to be bigger and more dynamic due to the Giant Chasm being so close by. I also kind of laughed when I noticed that there's a pool on the roof of one of the buildings there, but no way to get up there from the actual house. There's a staircase on the roof, but there isn't a corresponding staircase in the house itself :x

Grei
10th June 2011, 3:07 AM
I had actually been excited to see a completely empty town, as I had known about Lacunosa's nighttime emptiness before I visited the city myself. When I did arrive there for the first time, however, it happened to be night, and I felt nothing towards the lack of people roaming the streets of the town. So, I don't even consider that as something to do in the town.

Which is why I really, really hope Lacunosa gets an improvement in the 3rd installment. If Kyurem becomes more relevant to the plot, then I can definitely see this happening. What would be cool is if you were required to go there in order to get Kyurem, as a part of the plot (and that works out, since Lacunosa is directly east of Opelucid).

Silent Conversation
10th June 2011, 3:55 AM
Which is why I really, really hope Lacunosa gets an improvement in the 3rd installment. If Kyurem becomes more relevant to the plot, then I can definitely see this happening. What would be cool is if you were required to go there in order to get Kyurem, as a part of the plot (and that works out, since Lacunosa is directly east of Opelucid).

I like this idea too. And it's not like Lacunosa is a big post-game reward - nobody was really rushing to beat the Elite 4 to get there, and Undella Town and the future Grey Suburb/Village/Ruins is enough for post-game if Grey is expanded enough.

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 5:20 AM
I think they just made it as a pit stop. Nothing more, nothing less.

Geekachu
11th June 2011, 4:50 PM

The only problem I see with this is that allowing players to access Route whatever, the Village Bridge, Lacunosa Town and the Giant Chasm as part of the plot, then this significantly reduces the the Post E4 areas, which people are complaining about the lack of as it is.

But I did think it was cool for the Lacunosa people to stay in at night, and Lacunosa has nice music.

SuicuneScale
11th June 2011, 5:00 PM
Hmmm, I like Nimbasa a lot because of all the battles there!
Ew, I hate Lacousta Town because you can't do or get anything!
These are better, like going across skyarrow?
They should have had a whole battle frontier, but they got lazy.

Grey Wind
11th June 2011, 5:03 PM
They should have had a whole battle frontier, but they got lazy.
They didn't get lazy. The Battle Frontier is never in the first two titles, it is always held for the 3rd installment.

Lorde
11th June 2011, 5:13 PM
Thank God that there isn't a Battle Frontier in Nimbasa City [yet]. I can barely keep up at the Battle Subway, so I could just imagine how much harder things would be at the Battle Frontier. Nimbasa City is cool, but the music there ruins it for me. The music just sounds so simple, which I find depressing for some reason. I love how Driftveil City has such unique music, but then you compare that to Nimbasa City, and the difference in quality is very noticaable. Still, it's an ok city.

Grey Wind
11th June 2011, 5:15 PM
I imagined that the Battle Frontier would be in Anville Twon, rather than Nimbasa. It would give the place a purpose.

darthnihilus
11th June 2011, 5:18 PM
Undella Town . I love battling Cynthia.

Lorde
11th June 2011, 5:21 PM
I imagined that the Battle Frontier would be in Anville Twon, rather than Nimbasa. It would give the place a purpose.

But that would ruin Anville Town's charm. I like that it's sort of empty and in the middle of nowhere. If they build a Battle Frontier there, it would just make the whole place a lot more crowded, and its natural beauty would disappear. I do think that the Battle Frontier will be built somewhere along the subway route, though. I figure that they'd incorporate the subway into the Battle Frontier, which was why I was thinking about Nimbasa City at first.

SphealsFTW
11th June 2011, 5:30 PM
How exactly would the Battle Frontier be different from the Battle Subway? :x

Lorde
11th June 2011, 5:34 PM
How exactly would the Battle Frontier be different from the Battle Subway? :x

I don't want to get too far into the subject, but I'm sure it would contain different battle facilities with different rules. Kind of like previous Battle Frontier facilities. I'm not really worried about originality either, I just want to have something interesting to do in these games. I've explored every city a thousand times, and I've grown bored of them all. That's why I wanted Nimbasa City to get an upgrade, since it would make things interesting.

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 5:39 PM
I have a feeling that the Battle Frontier will be where they used to put Black City/White Forest.

Geekachu
11th June 2011, 5:53 PM
I have a feeling that the Battle Frontier will be where they used to put Black City/White Forest.

That could work quite well actually, however I do think they'll put a Grey themed place there.

As for the battle frontier it could be in Nimbasa or maybe the unused South West area of Unova (I think there's already a subway line running there).

The only thing that kinda disappointed me about nimbasa was how mismatched it was, I mean you have the dull grey buildings in the lower west section, then the ornate battle subway building, and then all SUPER FUN FUN NEON seen in the amusement park and the domes. And to top it all off some strange rives and a load of flags and banners.

Yeah it wasn't that cohesive...

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 5:59 PM
I think it will either be in Anville town, where Black Cty/White Forest was, or in a completely new island.

GalladeX
11th June 2011, 6:00 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/subwaymap.png

There's two brown lines here, but we only know where one leads - the left one leads to Anville Town.
My theory is that the second Brown Line leads to the future Battle Frontier.

Lorde
11th June 2011, 6:09 PM

There's two brown lines here, but we only know where one leads - the left one leads to Anville Town.

Probably. I was thinking that it would be somewhere along the Battle Subway routes, so that makes sense. I hadn't really taken a good look at that map before, so I didn't notice that the brown line goes to two different areas in northern Unova. Anyway, I like Anville Town the way that it is. It's pretty small, but at least it has those train sheds. Those make it worth visiting.

Silent Conversation
11th June 2011, 6:09 PM

Hm, that makes a lot of sense. Plus, it supports the pretty common theory that you'll have to take the Battle Subway to get to the Battle Frontier (which I agree with considering right now you only use the Battle Subway for actual travelling to get to one place)

Geekachu
11th June 2011, 6:23 PM

The Pink, Yelllow, and possibly Light Blue appear to go nowhere too. Strange stuff.

Grei
11th June 2011, 6:37 PM
The only problem I see with this is that allowing players to access Route whatever, the Village Bridge, Lacunosa Town and the Giant Chasm as part of the plot, then this significantly reduces the the Post E4 areas, which people are complaining about the lack of as it is.

But I did think it was cool for the Lacunosa people to stay in at night, and Lacunosa has nice music.

Hmm... well, I guess if they wanted to, they could just transport you there (Skyla's jet?) for the sake of getting Kyurem. Maybe Kyurem would be sought out because N (and maybe some other character?) would be awakening both Zekrom and Reshiram, and Alder suggests going to the Giant Chasm to awaken Kyurem [insert long backstory tale for Kyurem]

Maybe you could get to Lacunosa, which is covered in snow due to Kyurem, and from there you could travel to the Giant Chasm without needing to move a giant rock.

I dunno. I just want Lacunosa to be more significant than just a pit-stop.

Hmmm, I like Nimbasa a lot because of all the battles there!
Ew, I hate Lacousta

It's L-a-c-u-n-o-s-a.

I never even thought of looking at a map of the lines...

It makes a lot of sense for the second Brown Line to lead to the Battle Frontier.

The Pink, Yellow, and possibly Light Blue appear to go nowhere too. Strange stuff.

I don't know where the Yellow goes, but Light Blue seems to go just past Driftveil (which is strange--how does that subway get there? Does it go underwater?), and the Light Pink one appears to take you to Liberty Island.

Grey Wind
11th June 2011, 7:11 PM
Hmm... well, I guess if they wanted to, they could just transport you there (Skyla's jet?)
But then The 4th Kira wouldn't go

They'll probably just make Kyurem appear in the league, and leave the Giant Chasm for on of the R@ms. The other could appear in Dragonspiral Tower.

The Fad.
11th June 2011, 7:16 PM
I think they will have Kyurem appear in N's Castle out of the Twilight Stone to face N's Reshiram and Zekrom. Then, they will flee and you will be able to catch both in the Dragonspiral Tower

Grey Wind
11th June 2011, 8:55 PM
I think they will have Kyurem appear in N's Castle out of the Twilight Stone to face N's Reshiram and Zekrom. Then, they will flee and you will be able to catch both in the Dragonspiral Tower
Twilight Stone? I do wonder what they'll do though.

Lorde
11th June 2011, 9:40 PM

Haha, you know me so well.

I do like Mistralton City, despite the fact that the airplanes there don't really serve a purpose. I kind of like how it's so peaceful, and pretty much untouched by human hands. I disliked that some of the other cities in Unova were so big, but Mistralton serves as a breath of fresh air (no pun intended).

Grey Wind
11th June 2011, 10:02 PM
I never really liked Mistralton City. I remember arriving there, and being dissapointed that it wasn't as big as the previous cities, like Driftveil and Nimbasa. It was quite boring, and there wasn't much to explore. The airport was a nice touch, even though it took me ages to realise that you could go inside.

Paradoxe
11th June 2011, 10:19 PM
I was recently on the Driftveil Bridge gettin some feathers for money, and I liked how they had airplanes and helicopters flying overhead.

RifleAvenger
11th June 2011, 10:29 PM
Haha, you know me so well.

I do like Mistralton City, despite the fact that the airplanes there don't really serve a purpose. I kind of like how it's so peaceful, and pretty much untouched by human hands. I disliked that some of the other cities in Unova were so big, but Mistralton serves as a breath of fresh air (no pun intended).

I think that the large cities (and the one very dark city in Black) serve to give Black's Unova a characterization of a place that showcases the best, and the worst, of an industrialized world. Given the semi-utopian, nature centric settings of Hoenn and Sinnoh (especially Hoenn), I felt that Black's Unova was something new. White's Unova seems more like some Aristocratic, European country-side in places, though the fact that Castelia city exists makes it a more balanced setting than Black's.

Black city really should have gotten a cameo visit from Blue; it just makes so much sense given the nature of the city (although Blue did reform a bit, and he'd be years older).

Grei
11th June 2011, 10:50 PM
I never really liked Mistralton City. I remember arriving there, and being dissapointed that it wasn't as big as the previous cities, like Driftveil and Nimbasa. It was quite boring, and there wasn't much to explore. The airport was a nice touch, even though it took me ages to realise that you could go inside.

Same here! I didn't even know you could enter the airport until much later. It was in the post-game, and I think I entered it by accident (was probably on my bike and my finger twitched or I tried turning around or something).

I hope Mistralton is for whatever reason bigger in Grey. The runway is great, but the fact that the "city" is a Pokemon Center and three houses is kind of pitiful.

Geekachu
11th June 2011, 11:22 PM
Hmm... well, I guess if they wanted to, they could just transport you there (Skyla's jet?) for the sake of getting Kyurem. Maybe Kyurem would be sought out because N (and maybe some other character?) would be awakening both Zekrom and Reshiram, and Alder suggests going to the Giant Chasm to awaken Kyurem [insert long backstory tale for Kyurem]

Maybe you could get to Lacunosa, which is covered in snow due to Kyurem, and from there you could travel to the Giant Chasm without needing to move a giant rock.

I dunno. I just want Lacunosa to be more significant than just a pit-stop.

I definitely considered that Kyurem could freeze Unova, so it would just be a case of traversing over some snow and ice puzzles. But I actually like that idea, that N awakens both Reshiram and Zekrom, and so you go to the Giant Chasm, use the God Stone to turn Kyurem into its origin forme, catch it and go beat some ***

If I'm to be honest I'd rather walk too :L

Grey Wind
11th June 2011, 11:24 PM
That's the exact same thing that happend to me...

My favourite city by far is Iccirrus. I love the music and the snow looks great in Winter. I just wish there was a little bit more to do there. And it's home to Stunfisk.

manifesto
12th June 2011, 1:47 AM
My favorite cities are Opelucid City and Nimbasa City. I just tend to spend the most time there for the looks and things to do respectively.

Lorde
12th June 2011, 1:50 AM
I used to hang out around Opelucid City to see the sights, but I got bored of doing that all the time, so I rarely ever visit Opelucid City anymore. It's just sort of there for me. I go there when I want to pick up Musical accessories and when I want to try a rotation battle, but that's it. White's Opelucid City is better than Black's, though. I will say that much.

Grey Wind
12th June 2011, 12:35 PM
I've seen videos of Black's Opelucid, and I have to say I like White's a lot better. The technology aspect and upbeat music don't fit with the mythical Dragon theme of the Gym Leaders. White's ancient feel suites it much better. And the musci reminds me a lot of Sootopolis City.

Geekachu
12th June 2011, 1:04 PM
I agree, I saw Black's and whilst I know that it represents the technology aspect, it just seemed too hi-tech. And the fact that the Gym's in a building site.

But my favourite city definitely is Nacrene, it's so artistic and cultured, it's really nice. Plus it's near Castelia which is another one of my favourites, I love the little bar in Castelia City, that's my favourite place there.

Grei
12th June 2011, 8:01 PM
I agree, I saw Black's and whilst I know that it represents the technology aspect, it just seemed too hi-tech. And the fact that the Gym's in a building site.

I hated that. That's why I like White's Opelucid City more (that, and the city is hilly and not completely flat).

Something I noticed that wasn't in Unova's cities that I liked from Sinnoh is the lights. I loved how in Jubilife, at night, the lights would give the city a certain glow, and this was true for many of Sinnoh's cities (especially Hearthome).

In Unova, the lights go on at night, but none of them glow. It's kind of depressing, because I really liked the effect of Sinnoh's glowing lights. I miss that in Unova.

Geekachu
12th June 2011, 8:06 PM
Something I noticed that wasn't in Unova's cities that I liked from Sinnoh is the lights. I loved how in Jubilife, at night, the lights would give the city a certain glow, and this was true for many of Sinnoh's cities (especially Hearthome).

In Unova, the lights go on at night, but none of them glow. It's kind of depressing, because I really liked the effect of Sinnoh's glowing lights. I miss that in Unova.

It's always the little things that people miss :P Glowing lights would probably make the night time a bit more humbling. Also, I thought it would've been cool if places like Nimbasa and Castelia had large glowing advertisements.

Personally though, I miss the minor sound effects from HG/SS, like when you walk up to water and you can hear it ripple. I liked that.

Mister_SGG
12th June 2011, 8:08 PM
Personally though, I miss the minor sound effects from HG/SS, like when you walk up to water and you can hear it ripple. I liked that.

Yep... good times.

Grei
12th June 2011, 8:15 PM
It's always the little things that people miss :P Glowing lights would probably make the night time a bit more humbling. Also, I thought it would've been cool if places like Nimbasa and Castelia had large glowing advertisements.

Nimbasa and Castelia especially need things like that. Nimbasa should be a huge heap of glowing and flashing lights, and Castelia's lights aren't as comforting as they could be. Only on the docks are the lights mildly warming.

And glowing advertisements would be great.

Yes! That was so cool, and it made the overworld seem so much more real.

Lorde
12th June 2011, 9:34 PM
White's ancient feel suites it much better. And the musci reminds me a lot of Sootopolis City.

The music doesn't sound much like the Sootopolis City music to me. It has a peaceful sound to it, but Sootopolis City's theme music made me think of canals for some reason. White's Opelucid City theme made me think of ancient ruins instead. I do love the city, I just don't think it's the most impressive thing around. White's beats Black's though, that's for sure.

Silverwindstudios
12th June 2011, 9:52 PM
I liked black city, but after I restarted my game and got back there, there were only three buildings there now...And they are pointless. >.< How do I get more buildings there? :/

My fave town from B/W would probably have to be...*tilts head* Either Opelucid city or the village bridge town. :3 ^^

I liked lostlorn forest better than pinwheel forest...I just wish it were larger. :P

Lorde
12th June 2011, 9:54 PM
I liked black city, but after I restarted my game and got back there, there were only three buildings there now...And they are pointless. >.< How do I get more buildings there? :/

You have to connect to White version and you have to take people from that game's White Forest. That's the only way to expand Black City.

Mangoes
12th June 2011, 10:07 PM
I've seen videos of Black's Opelucid, and I have to say I like White's a lot better. The technology aspect and upbeat music don't fit with the mythical Dragon theme of the Gym Leaders. White's ancient feel suites it much better. And the musci reminds me a lot of Sootopolis City.

Before I got Black I saw Opelucid on my brother's White, and after getting Black I prefer Black's Opelucid. Someone said they missed the bright lights, Black Opelucid has tons of glowing blue lights that I think looks really cool. White Opelucid looks cool too, just not as cool as Black Opelucid, and inside there are cool bright blue glowing lamps (I think that's what they are). I do wish that you could battle Iris in Black, but that's the only thing I would change.

red fish
17th June 2011, 4:40 AM
white forest powns!!!

AmericanPi
18th June 2011, 2:45 AM
Favorite City: Mistralton. Ooh... airplanes.... And Skyla's gym has THE best gym maze EVER. You get to fly! Woohoo... ;)

Least favorite City: Striaton. Don't get me wrong; I like Cilan/Chili/Cress, but there really isn't much to do there (at least Mistralton has the Move Deleter/Relearner, which you pretty much have to visit sometime in the game).

I haven't finished the game yet though, so I don't know what the post-game cities are like.

aquasuicune
18th June 2011, 5:13 AM
I think Black Opelucid is my favorite; it stunned me when I first saw it, and I still think it's cool. Castelia's layout is really innovative as well, and Undella Town in the summer is really nice.

I would have to say Accumula is my least favorite, given that there's almost nothing to do there. There was that stairway at the entrance which could have been promising, but there was nothing down there. I'd like to see better use of that space in the sequel.

Blackjack the Titan
18th June 2011, 1:52 PM
How do you populate Black City?
It said in the Pokemon Black and White PokeDex that the number of days it took for you to finish the game is equal to the amount of people that inhabit the city.
It took me more than a month to finish the game and I don't see anyone there!

Paradoxe
18th June 2011, 1:56 PM
It said in the Pokemon Black and White PokeDex that the number of days it took for you to finish the game is equal to the amount of people that inhabit the city.

Are you really asking this? Right when the answer is only a few posts above you? Hmm, today's youth.

Mangoes
18th June 2011, 4:22 PM
Are you really asking this? Right when the answer is only a few posts above you? Hmm, today's youth.

I read somewhere that if you fiddle with the in-game clock too much then everyone disappears. Maybe that's her problem, too.

Lorde
18th June 2011, 5:25 PM

If you got to Black City and there weren't any people, you need to connect with someone's White Forest and take people from there. I said that already just a few posts above yours.

I read somewhere that if you fiddle with the in-game clock too much then everyone disappears. Maybe that's her problem, too.

I haven't fiddled with my DS clock, but I think I'll have to eventually since it's about 3 minutes ahead. I have White version though, so I can easily get more people in my Black City.

Skarm™
18th June 2011, 5:59 PM
Favorite City: Opelucid (Black)
Least Fav: Opelucid (White)

Geekachu
18th June 2011, 6:22 PM
Favorite City: Opelucid (Black)
Least Fav: Opelucid (White)

Oh no you di'int! (http://www.gifbin.com/bin/6401703g69.gif) How can you dislike White's Opelucid? IMO it's better than Black''s D:

Lorde
18th June 2011, 6:24 PM
Opelucid City may look different depending on which game you're playing, but in essence, they're both one and the same. I'm still really confused about the timeline of events since one city looks older than the other, but I guess it's just video game logic.

Geekachu
18th June 2011, 6:27 PM
Opelucid City may look different depending on which game you're playing, but in essence, they're both one and the same. I'm still really confused about the timeline of events since one city looks older than the other, but I guess it's just video game logic.

Timeline? I thought that they were in the same time, just one's in one universe where people strived for technology and the other's blah-dee-blah. Although there's that guy in White's Opelucid who asks about his son in the future, and he needs a Pokemon from Black... I'm confused :S

Lorde
18th June 2011, 6:31 PM
Timeline? I thought that they were in the same time, just one's in one universe where people strived for technology and the other's blah-dee-blah. Although there's that guy in White's Opelucid who asks about his son in the future, and he needs a Pokemon from Black... I'm confused :S

It's too confusing, and I try not to think about it very often if I can help it. I also assumed that both versions of Opelucid City existed in parallel universes, which makes sense if you think about the Entralink and how you can access the "world" of other players. Still, it seems like it's time related as well, so I'm curious about that.

Geekachu
18th June 2011, 6:51 PM
It's too confusing, and I try not to think about it very often if I can help it. I also assumed that both versions of Opelucid City existed in parallel universes, which makes sense if you think about the Entralink and how you can access the "world" of other players. Still, it seems like it's time related as well, so I'm curious about that.

Right, I think ... that in Black people strived for technology, so there's the hi-tech Opelucid. The Black in Opelucid was once like the one in White, however their desire for technology means that they achieved that a long time before White did, so that's why it's so hi-tech. However in White, the people of Opelucid have traditional values that don't revolve around the constant endeavour to improve, so they still haven't become the hi-tech Opelucid in Black, because they simply don't have that same desire to improve.

I think it's like that :S

Lorde
18th June 2011, 8:45 PM
Right, I think ... that in Black people strived for technology, so there's the hi-tech Opelucid. The Black in Opelucid was once like the one in White, however their desire for technology means that they achieved that a long time before White did, so that's why it's so hi-tech. However in White, the people of Opelucid have traditional values that don't revolve around the constant endeavour to improve, so they still haven't become the hi-tech Opelucid in Black, because they simply don't have that same desire to improve.

I think it's like that :S

I'm actually more confused than before haha, but it's not your fault. The difference between Opelucid City in Black version and White version is a nice addition to the games, but I think it's pretty confusing. At least it gave Game Freak a reason to create two Gym Leaders for Opelucid City :]

scubajoffrey
18th June 2011, 8:49 PM
My favorite city ( uh... I guess its a town or... a bridge ) is The village bridge. I like it's music and old-ish design. And I like the creative idea of it... ITS A FREAKIN' TOWN ON A BRIDGE!!!

Wild Dragonite
18th June 2011, 9:33 PM

The only thing I remember about the Entralink is the girl who is confused because she was a man in her native world. *brain explodes*

I need to Entralink again, because my White Forest people are wanting to go back to Black City... Plus, I want different Pokemon there.

By the way, what's up with the electric Pokemon from the other game thing in Opelucid?

lostboy
18th June 2011, 10:04 PM
Black Opelucid is really beautiful and I love the futuristic feel to it. I got the Black Version because I like to be different than the crowd. =P

Geekachu
18th June 2011, 10:25 PM
By the way, what's up with the electric Pokemon from the other game thing in Opelucid?

I did that thing in White. I put a Braviary on the GTS in the hope that someone with Black, who hadn't got Braviary, would give me their Blitzle.

Anyhoo, that's beside the point. So I got my Black Version Blitzle, gave it to the guy, he found out that in the future his son's not smoking pot or whatever he was worried about, and he gave me an Electric Cell (I think). So not much.

SecretCofagrigus
18th June 2011, 10:38 PM
Favorite City: Nimbasa City
Least Favorite City: That small town with the subway train in the middle of it.

NeohopeSTF
18th June 2011, 11:29 PM
Favorite City: Driftviel
Least: The town that gets eating by Kruyem

Lorde
19th June 2011, 1:00 AM
Least: The town that gets eating by Kruyem

I noticed that they changed the dialogue in the story told by the old woman there in the English games, so that the part about Kyurem eating people and Pokemon was removed. I never believed that it really happened since it sounded pretty gruesome, but I guess the translators thought it wise to remove it anyway. I think that's the thing I like the most about Lacunosa Town. It might be gruesome to think about people and Pokemon being taken by Kyurem, but it's also kind of funny IMO. I don't know, maybe I'm just insane.

manifesto
19th June 2011, 4:40 AM
Favorite: Nimbasa
Least favorite: Icirrus. That damn encounter rate in the puddles.

Blackjack the Titan
19th June 2011, 3:11 PM

Sorry I didn't see that there.

If you got to Black City and there weren't any people, you need to connect with someone's White Forest and take people from there. I said that already just a few posts above yours.

Uggh, I don't know anyone who has White, or do I?

I never paid attention to the clock. And guys can use female avatars too, FYI.

Lance The Champ
20th June 2011, 9:08 AM
Fav city: Opelucid City
Least Fav city: Lacunosa Town

VolcaronaZero
20th June 2011, 9:20 AM
Favorite: Nimbasa
WHY?: Subway and Musical
Hate: Lacunosa Town
WHY?: Usually very boring, sometimes creepy

SuicuneScale
23rd June 2011, 12:48 AM
They didn't get lazy. The Battle Frontier is never in the first two titles, it is always held for the 3rd installment.

Well, I guess, HG SS had one because there was no crystal remake. I bet that this game's follow up will be..... GREY!;000;

Lorde
23rd June 2011, 5:41 PM
Hmm, I'm wondering if I should just let my Black City die, so that I can add other trainers to the area later on. I'm getting tired of having to battle the same 10 trainers everyday, so maybe I should just stop visiting it. I also need different evolutionary stones, and I bet I'd be able to get some if I brought in some more people to Black City. Has this worked out for anyone else?

Geekachu
23rd June 2011, 8:04 PM
Hmm, I'm wondering if I should just let my Black City die, so that I can add other trainers to the area later on. I'm getting tired of having to battle the same 10 trainers everyday, so maybe I should just stop visiting it. I also need different evolutionary stones, and I bet I'd be able to get some if I brought in some more people to Black City. Has this worked out for anyone else?

I'm guessing that would work. You could always try it, I guess there's not a lot to lose since you'll be getting new trainers anyway.

Personally I've left my White Forest and a lot of people have left. I'm really bothered. I mean, I caught all the Pokemon within the first day and the best item I found was a Yellow Shard. The second best was a Pokeball. Such a rubbish forest :/

Lorde
23rd June 2011, 9:23 PM
I'm guessing that would work. You could always try it, I guess there's not a lot to lose since you'll be getting new trainers anyway.

Personally I've left my White Forest and a lot of people have left. I'm really bothered. I mean, I caught all the Pokemon within the first day and the best item I found was a Yellow Shard. The second best was a Pokeball. Such a rubbish forest :/

I guess you're right. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried this before, as I wasn't sure if it would work. It seems like cheating in a way IMO. Anyway, I'm just tired of having to battle the same trainers over and over again, and I also want some new items, so I might just leave Black City alone until it empties out.

Phantom champion Z
23rd June 2011, 9:40 PM
Is there a way to do the black city white forest transfer thing over wifi?

Lorde
23rd June 2011, 9:41 PM
Is there a way to do the black city white forest transfer thing over wifi?

Nope, you have to use wireless communications with someone in real life. I wish they had added a Wi-Fi feature for that, though. It would've made getting a full White Forest/Black City so much easier.

SnugNBouncy
23rd June 2011, 9:57 PM
Favorite City: Icirrus
Least: Undella

Grei
23rd June 2011, 11:25 PM

I dunno, I definitely like White Forest over Black City. Having to keep up with the city by battling trainers every day is tedious. I much prefer the simpler and more comfortable White City.

The fact that all of Black City is based on greed is kind of a turn-off as well.

Meowth City
24th June 2011, 4:38 PM
Favorite: Nimbasa City
Least favorite: Black City

Lorde
24th June 2011, 5:11 PM
The fact that all of Black City is based on greed is kind of a turn-off as well.

The way I see it, everyone is greedy deep down, so the citizens of Black City don't seem as depressing as they seemed before. I didn't like that they were made to seem like bad people while the people in White Forest were portrayed as saints, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. And my Black City is still standing, even though I didn't battle anyone yesterday. It'll take a while to empty out I bet.

Blackjack the Titan
25th June 2011, 6:08 AM
Nuvema Town was just deja vu, deja vu, deja vu again and again. It really should've been called Nuvema Lane, or Drive, or Path since you can't drive into it.

Grei
25th June 2011, 6:13 AM
I didn't like that they were made to seem like bad people while the people in White Forest were portrayed as saints, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

I don't understand that at all. I was trying to reason that maybe Black City citizens would be the "saints" to people who hated tree-huggers, but... even so, everyone in White Forest is so friendly and considerate. GameFreak's pretty biased, it seems. (Or maybe, it's just Nintendo of America.)

drapionking
25th June 2011, 10:21 AM
This is the best I could find:

Black: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2a/Black_Opelucid_City.png White: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0d/White_Opelucid_City.png

I honestly prefer Black's version.

i think white looks a litle bit better.
the gym doen't stand out that much like in black
i mean everything is blue and the gym is brown

Lulu_used_SunnyDay
25th June 2011, 11:09 AM
My fav town is Undella.
I just love how they portrayed it as a realistic holiday town. Full of tourists and life and sun and vacation on summer, with that happy upbeat music; turns to its true, solitary, melancholic beauty the other seasons. It changes completely: there are left a few bored rich kids with no company in their huge mansion, a couple of other full-year residents, and a researcher interested in the mysteries of the ruins nearby.
The melody also underlines the atmosphere, releasing a few sad notes, leaving space to the sound of the waves in the background...

I don't have an un-favorite town. I mean, there are towns I don't like, but each and every one of them (not only in b/w, but also in all the main series) has its own concept. Nimbasa is the pokemon equivalent of Las Vegas. Hiun city is the classic over-urbanised city full of tall buildings, most of which are offices. Icirrus is a rural village where myths and legends of gods and dragons still live....

Nebbio
25th June 2011, 12:36 PM
I think Driftveil is plain awesome. I love the music. I also like Cold storage.

Lorde
25th June 2011, 5:01 PM

The music is fine in my opinion, but the town itself is sort of depressing. I thought that there would be more to do there, but there isn't. I was disappointed that the lighthouse didn't serve a real purpose, and that we could only visit one warehouse at the Cold Storage area. I also remember thinking that we'd be able to visit that one area that seems to go below the sea, but we can't. I hope it has a purpose in a later game.

McLucky
26th June 2011, 12:39 AM

I want Driftveil to be my favorite, but The 4th KIRA is right- There's nothing to do but fight ice cream cones. It had the potential, to be sure, but it just didn't follow through.

Asterio
26th June 2011, 2:06 AM
I forget that Driftveil City exists sometimes, haha. I think my favorite city is either Nimbasa City or Castelia City, since those are the places I typically go to battle people post-game. I like Nimbasa City's music as well.

Adrexus
27th June 2011, 5:45 AM
Going to Black Opelucid city for the first time was pretty cool. Especially how the sidewalks glow at night. Although I won't say that I prefer one over the other, as they'e meant to reflect the world in which they're situated, I think both are equally good.

Now I can't wait to get to Black City, because that looks pretty fun from the videos i've seen.

matthewm10
30th June 2011, 2:34 AM
hate castelia love elesa gym town

Paradoxe
30th June 2011, 3:32 AM
Going to Black Opelucid city for the first time was pretty cool. Especially how the sidewalks glow at night. Although I won't say that I prefer one over the other, as they'e meant to reflect the world in which they're situated, I think both are equally good.

Now I can't wait to get to Black City, because that looks pretty fun from the videos i've seen.

A fair warning, it looks like crap when you first get there.

FlashFusion
30th June 2011, 8:49 AM
My favorite is Icirrus City, I love the music.
My least favorite is Undella Town, it's boring.

Lorde
30th June 2011, 4:42 PM

If I remember correctly, there should still be some buildings there. Unless the person tampered with the DS Clock/Calendar, there shouldn't be a problem with Black City. I think that Black City always looks kind of messy, but that's probably because it's supposed to be a sprawling metropolis.

MaestroLucario
2nd July 2011, 9:08 PM
My favorite would be a tie between Iccirus city and opelucid city (white version.)
My least favorite would probably be striaton city :)
I think that gen 4 cities have cooler cities like Jubilife, veilstone, sunnyshore, snowpoint and hearthome. I'm not saying that gen 5 wasn't good, i'm just saying that I personally like gen 4 cities better :)
Hmm, on gen 5 I wish they added a fortree city like setting or maybe a sootopolis city like setting.
Hmmm . . . i dont know what they should change, its up to them to decided. BUT i do wish they will make a remake of firered/leaf green and and rse remake soon :D

Paradoxe
3rd July 2011, 3:33 AM
If I remember correctly, there should still be some buildings there. Unless the person tampered with the DS Clock/Calendar, there shouldn't be a problem with Black City. I think that Black City always looks kind of messy, but that's probably because it's supposed to be a sprawling metropolis.

Well if you have no friends like me, it'll always look small and you'll have no hope of ever getting rare items.

Adrexus
3rd July 2011, 5:56 AM

Actually, when I first got there, all the buildings were there and there were a few trainers as well. I did use entralink a month before I arrived there so that's probably why my Black city wasn't totally desolate. I got to say though, I do like Black City a lot better than White Forest. Mainly because the whole greed and pursuit of money theme is something I have not seen in a pokemon city prior. Plus there's more interesting NPCs to talk to as well.

Cosmic Fury
3rd July 2011, 6:02 AM
I want Driftveil to be my favorite, but The 4th KIRA is right- There's nothing to do but fight ice cream cones. It had the potential, to be sure, but it just didn't follow through.

Driftveil is among my top three places for EV-training pokes...lol

It has both Timburr and Vanillites, which are really good for half the pokes I have...but Celestial Tower beats them all!!!

----

Back on topic, I probably would prefer Black City, although it should be called Nowhereville on my Black Version at this point...lol

Adrexus
3rd July 2011, 6:18 AM
Driftveil is among my top three places for EV-training pokes...lol

It has both Timburr and Vanillites, which are really good for half the pokes I have...but Celestial Tower beats them all!!!

----

Back on topic, I probably would prefer Black City, although it should be called Nowhereville on my Black Version at this point...lol

I like Driftveil City a lot. It partly reminds me of my hometown. Although I'm the type of guy that likes cities more based on their actual appearance then the amount of activities to do. If a place is in a really neat environment or based off a certain subculture, and the NPCs have interesting things to say, then I enjoy cities based on those criteria. Although having sidequests is a nice thing I agree.

Cosmic Fury
3rd July 2011, 6:20 AM
Indeed, yes...

And one question: That blocked off place between Cold Storage and Driftveil (that gate that I could never get past), what is it anyway?

Adrexus
3rd July 2011, 6:28 AM
You mean the one where its like an entry gate that a worker could raise as needed? I don't think there is much purpose except to let cargo in and out i'm guessing. I was wondering if in the future, the worker would let you in there for the third game.

Grei
4th July 2011, 6:30 AM
Well if you have no friends like me, it'll always look small and you'll have no hope of ever getting rare items.

That's also because you didn't beat the game fast enough. I beat the game in three days and had a Black City that had 10 people in it.

Although Black City is so hard to maintain that I've just let it go. It was nice for a while but now it's just a pain. White Forest is better.

General Nonsense
4th July 2011, 6:40 AM
That's also because you didn't beat the game fast enough. I beat the game in three days and had a Black City that had 10 people in it.

I beat the game in that same amount of time and had a Black City with 3 people in it and no building where I could buy items.

Mr. pokedude
4th July 2011, 9:17 AM
Wait so if it takes me five days to complete the game, then black city ( i already completed white) will be like, EMPTY?

Rezzuréct
4th July 2011, 11:50 AM
1. What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
- Castelia City Rocks! Because it's BIG!!!

2. What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
- I can't decide, I think all of the BW City is awesome..

3. How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
- Absolutely better than 4th Gen

4. Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
- I wish they add more house in Mistralton City

5. Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
- Maybe with add the 3th Gen City

R e i k a
5th July 2011, 8:49 AM
This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

Have fun, and remember don't get too rowdy! : )

- Nimbasa City. It's a nice size and has some nice events going on (though I thought the fair would have more to do, you know, like an actual fair).

- Castelia City. I don't mind the size, I just hate the layout. Nothing but straight roads both in and out, how boring is that? I was expecting something along the lines of Goldenrod, only larger with huge buildings all over the place. The would have been more fun to explore. Also, though not a city, I was disappointed with the desert resort area. I was expecting creepiness (what with the Relic Castle being filled with ghosts and all). Something like a large desert area, along the lines of the desert area in Hoenn, with no roads whatsoever, no rocky hills (not even as borders; run-down fences would look better), no cars or the like, and very few people. The Relic Castles would be actual castles, deserted castles that looked like they've really been through the ringer, both right beside each other in an empty corner of the desert, the whole place giving off a sort of ghost town aura. That's what I thought it'd be, judging by map. Boy, was I disappointed.

- Art quality-wise, generation V is AMAZING. The environments really jump out at you, it almost seems like you're playing with a miniature plastic playset. Layout-wise, generation VI was much better (though I personally believe that, of all the generations and games, generation III had the best layouts and scenery, PERIOD. If the Game Freak team could go back and choose the environment quality from generation III and merge that with the art quality of generation V, we'd have the most beautifully artistic Pokemon game ever). I found I enjoyed exploring the towns and admiring the scenery in VI more than I did with V. They were simple, yet had a uniqueness to them. V just didn't have that same quality.

- Add more to each city. Give Nimbasa's fair more activities, add more houses and maybe even the ability to walk around inside the planes at Mistralton, maybe bring back battle tents or contests so that every city would have at least that to do besides the gym if nothing else. It would also be nice if we had the chance to check our starter before our first battle with Bianca and Cheren. Trying to get a starter with a certain nature was more of a hassle than it should have been because of that. They could make it so if the player character talks to Bianca or Cheren or tries to leave the room, the battles are initiated.

Those are my tl;dr thoughts. =)

Lady Legend <3
5th July 2011, 10:08 AM
I liked Black City the most. It looks so pretty and awesome. :O Kinda makes me wish I had Pokemon Black Version instead of White.

I also liked Village Bridge, it was creative. And that city that was old-fashioned in White and modern in Black.

Metagross rock
5th July 2011, 6:12 PM
Castelia city is the best you can shove people and it has skyarrow bridge atached to it one of the coolest places in the game. I also like nacrene city because it is really well designed

Grei
5th July 2011, 6:49 PM
I liked Black City the most. It looks so pretty and awesome. :O Kinda makes me wish I had Pokemon Black Version instead of White.

I also liked Village Bridge, it was creative. And that city that was old-fashioned in White and modern in Black.

I'm not sure how you can say that you prefer Black City when you've never played it.

It looked interesting to me, but the upkeep on it (battling trainers every day) is so tedious that I gave up. White Forest's upkeep takes two minutes, Black City's upkeep takes ten.

HoennMaster
5th July 2011, 8:13 PM
My favorite cities are Iccirus City and Undella Town due to the large presence of water in the cities, plus Iccirus City is just so relaxing. My least favorite is Mistralton, it's just so lacking which is sad considering it has a great gym, gym leader, and freaking airport.

Lady Legend <3
6th July 2011, 9:04 AM
I'm not sure how you can say that you prefer Black City when you've never played it.

It looked interesting to me, but the upkeep on it (battling trainers every day) is so tedious that I gave up. White Forest's upkeep takes two minutes, Black City's upkeep takes ten.

My brother has Pokemon Black and I've watched him play it and ran around in it on the C-gear. ^^

Castelia city is the best you can shove people and it has skyarrow bridge atached to it one of the coolest places in the game. I also like nacrene city because it is really well designed

I hated Skyarrow bridge with passion. XD It takes so long to go through especially before you get the bike, and the camera angles are confusing. A waste of programming, in my opinion...

Zoroark4873
19th July 2011, 1:39 AM
Has there ever been a town with a gym in it? Im wracking my brain but i think they were all cities. Nacrene has a gym so it has to be called a city, even though I agree its more town like. Has a very small, local theme to it.

Yes there are towns with gyms in them

SnugNBouncy
19th July 2011, 4:12 AM
im really not a big fan of the white forest. for those of us with no internet connection, it ends up being a desolate field for our entire game...

kyogreblue3
19th July 2011, 3:27 PM
I don't really have a favorite city because I visit all of them equally. Well, except for Accumula Town :D. But my favorte bridge has to be Skyarrow, because it's great for when you have a Pokemon in the daycare.

Mythicalzoe
20th July 2011, 1:33 AM
Castelia n Nimbasa were awesome

zerofield
20th July 2011, 2:14 AM
i LOVE the music in driftveil.i also really like the music in opelucid city(white) but i like how it looks in black more.for things to do,nimbasa is the best.

zerofield
20th July 2011, 2:19 AM
-- Art quality-wise, generation V is AMAZING. The environments really jump out at you, it almost seems like you're playing with a miniature plastic playset. Layout-wise, generation VI was much better (though I personally believe that, of all the generations and games, generation III had the best layouts and scenery, PERIOD. If the Game Freak team could go back and choose the environment quality from generation III and merge that with the art quality of generation V, we'd have the most beautifully artistic Pokemon game ever). I found I enjoyed exploring the towns and admiring the scenery in VI more than I did with V. They were simple, yet had a uniqueness to them. V just didn't have that same quality.
keeping my fingers crossed for r/s remakes in gen 5 :)
im sorry,i didnt mean to double post...

Paradoxe
20th July 2011, 3:42 AM
Don't double post.

I like all the cities excrept for Iccirus and Black's Opelucid. A lot of people say they hate Lacunosa but I like it because it has a rustic feel to it. I don't like Undella as much as some people do because all it has is the villa.

Tiranoua
20th July 2011, 4:28 PM
I love Pinwheel forest, as i find it really calm and relaxing in the Autumn and beautiful in the Spring :)
My favourite town has to be Nimbasa, as there is loads to do, and Castelia as it is something different :D

I don't like Black city though, it's kinda bland...

Ballistic Buizel
23rd July 2011, 9:52 AM
I love mistralton city! The music is great! Also, iccirus city. Don't like nimbasa.... I love white forest though! B/W doesn't compare to HG/SS at all though.

Tsutaja1996
23rd July 2011, 4:56 PM
Every town has its own good points.

Nuvema Town: Calm and relaxing. Also your house is there, so you have to like it.
Accumula Town: Nice music, even better with the added piano and drums.
Striaton City: Small but good layout, having Pokecenter in the center of the city.
Nacrene City: Nice music, like the idea of train tracks going through the city.
Castelia City: 3D graphics, crowded streets, plenty of people to speak to.
Nimbasa City: Plenty to do, with stadiums and BS. Also like the amusement park.
Driftveil City: Interesting music, quite large and lots of people to talk to.
Mistralton City: Nice idea of being an Airport city.
Icirrus City: Upbeat music, feels quite relaxed and dainty.
Opelucid City BLACK: Fantastic music, but the futuristic feel doesn't suit dragons.
Opelucid City WHITE: Favourite music out of the two, authentic feel suits dragons
Black City: Excellent music, looks good but too small.
White forest: Rare pokemon in grass, but not great music IMO.
Undella Town: Amazing music all seasons, Cynthia battle, and a beach.
Lancunosa Town: Good music, but feels distant from the rest of Unova.
Anville Town: Soothing music.

thegreenwanderer
23rd July 2011, 9:59 PM
Anville town because I.LIKE.TRAINS.

Paradoxe
23rd July 2011, 10:44 PM
Anville town because I.LIKE.TRAINS.

I'm thinking of a certain video that you just referenced.

Nimbasa just became more popular with me because I love the Battle Subway music. It's better that Driftveil's.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th July 2011, 7:29 PM
This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

Nimbasa
Mistralton
I think they're a bit better as they're more flavourful, excuse for a better term. But Gen 4 had more cities, and better placement which is what I liked
The only thing I can think of is a fly spot to Anville. But other than that not really anything
More of a point to Lacunosa and a fly spot to Anville
Comments in times new roman bold

SamyGamgee
31st July 2011, 5:10 AM
I really like Nacrene City. It seems like a place with a lot of creativity and it reminds me of Ashland, Oregon for some reason. haha

Erm, Opelucid city in Black version. I hate futuristic cities like that :/...

I like them much better, I don't really know why. I really didn't like D/P... maybe that's why...

I feel like some of the towns didn't have much of a purpose (this always happens) so in a remake, maybe they could change that. That's all I can think of haha.

UltimateVictini
14th September 2011, 12:00 AM
My fav is Opelucid city in white version because of the music.

WeavileRoxxCANDY
15th September 2011, 3:27 AM
1. Well, I really like Castelia City and Nimbasa City, I don't know why everyone hates Castelia... But Nimbasa is my favorite, because there's a lot to do there compared to the other towns/cities. You get, a Musical Theater, A Pokemon Gym, two sports domes to train in, even after you beat the game. Plus, I really like the upbeat music there.;D

2. My least favorite city is either Icirrus or Driftveil. You really just go to these cities for the gyms, and that's it, like, it's really only used for the main story of the game. I don't really consider Icirrus a city. I only go to Icirrus when I'm cutting through there to hatch an egg. And I only go to Driftveil when I need to buy Moomoo Milk. I don't like Driftveil's music, either. I think my least Driftveil's my least favorite.

3. Both generations' cities are nice.;)

4. No, the game is awesome as (every Pokemon game) is.^^

5. Yeah, I hope they won't have anymore Pokemon in the puddles. That got really irritating.

Meowth City
15th September 2011, 4:17 PM
What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Easily, Nimbasa City (see my location ;P) Why - because that's where the gorgeous Elesa is (when she isn't at Cythnia's villa, that is). But, seriously, I love cities and Nimbasa has everything I like about cities. The amusement park is awesome, the musical theater, sport stadiums and the dreaded Battle Subway. If I could live in any Poke-place it would be Nimbasa City.

What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Ummm, I don't really know. Maybe Driftveil City - I don't like its design all that much, but the marketplace is pretty much the best thing there.

How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
Both gens are great, but 5th gen cities tend to look more like actual cities with more buildings. Also, each city in the 5th gen are easier to distinguish from each other as they have different designs and layouts.

Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
I can't think of anything that I would want to change. It's good enough for me.

RaichuArcanine
16th September 2011, 8:53 AM
What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Nimbasa City. I just love the music!
What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Striation City. It's just not doing anything for me.
How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
I think that they look cooler, and more like real cities.
Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
You can trade over items when you transfer pokemon, and you can trade them back.

~RaichuArcanine~

OshyHikari
16th September 2011, 9:05 AM
My faves are Nimbasa City and Castelia City cos the graphics are awesome and Nimbasa has a real Ferris Wheel.

Castelia is also the biggest city in the entire Pokemon world known as of yet, and it really does look like New York in some way.

After I experience Black next month, I will update this.

arceus7
18th September 2011, 12:30 AM
Black City = New York actually . White forest is supposed to be central park

Demonsead
18th September 2011, 4:22 AM
Castelia City

Undella Bay

These are better

More uses for Dive, and a Battle Frontier

Grey Wind
19th September 2011, 8:27 PM
Black City = New York actually . White forest is supposed to be central park
Uh, no. Castelia City is based off New York.

Banana Knight Arthur
19th September 2011, 8:32 PM

And the whole of the Isshu region is modeled on the Tri-state area aka NJ, NY and Delaware.

arceus7
20th September 2011, 5:39 AM
Castelia isnt based off of New York.

That was never stated thats just fan speculation based off imagery super-imposition

I say black city is based off of New York city due to the startling similarities there

Jagged Little Pill
21st September 2011, 7:23 PM

1. Black Opelucid City. I like the futuristic look.
2. Castelia City. It's like a maze and it's annoying trying to find the Pokemon Massage/Name Rater.
3. They're both nice.
4. They should've added more to Icirrus City and Mistralton... Icirrus looks more like a small, rural town and Mistralton looks more like an air base.
5. They should add a Safari Zone to Icirrus (to make it bigger) and a Game Corner to Nimbasa... but just remove the Game Corner from Europe.

Aegon
21st September 2011, 8:36 PM

That was never stated thats just fan speculation based off imagery super-imposition

I say black city is based off of New York city due to the startling similarities there
Right, so Castelia City being based off New York is fan speculation (it's not), yet your speculation (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13462888&postcount=691) is better than that?

TheGreatDragonite
23rd September 2011, 9:53 PM
Castelia. It is an amazing advance in the Pokemon world, and I love everything about it. The boats, the buildings, the streets. Everything. Plus they do lovely ice-creams.

Opelucid city in Black version. I thought that both it and the music were horrible, and it made me temporarily wish I'd picked White.

They're miles better. Each one has it's own character and ambience.

Oplucid City. I reckon they'll have to change it for grey, and I'll be glad.

deoxysdude94
23rd September 2011, 9:55 PM
I like Undella town. I live near the ocean, so I can relate to it. Plus, I like the music :)

Paradoxe
23rd September 2011, 10:09 PM

And the whole of the Isshu region is modeled on the Tri-state area aka NJ, NY and Delaware.

You're all wrong. Castelia is Lower Manhattan, Black City is The Bronx/Upper Queens, the Entralink is Central Park, Nacrene City is Brooklyn, and western Unova is Hoboken, NJ.

Grey Wind
24th September 2011, 2:48 PM
Because Castelia has NO similarities at all.

And you can't say for definite that Castelia isn't based off New York, but Black City is. You say Castelia being based on New York is just fan speculation- but then how can you say that Black City is when that itself is nothing more than fan speculation.

Tsutaja1996
24th September 2011, 5:17 PM
I don't think Opelucid City's (Black) futuristic feel does not go with the legend of dragons. I think the rustic feel of Opelucid City in White suits dragons a lot more. However, I do like both versions music.

j_gamez
24th September 2011, 5:35 PM
Castelia and Nimbasa both cities have great bgm.
Castelia is what i called a real city, and i like the camera angle too.
Lots of stuff to do in Nimbasa. Ferris wheel, Sports dome, Battle Institute and Battle Haxway.
Mistralton and Iccirus. Besides the gym, nothing interesting.
Both are great. theres no need to compare.
Expand Mistralton and Iccirus city.
^ same as previous answer.

Mr. Combover
24th September 2011, 7:13 PM
My favorite city is Castelia City.

My least favorite city is Mistralton City. I like the music, though.

I think they are equal.

Maybe more to do in the cities, like sidequests.

More sidequests.

JustifiedTerrakion
3rd April 2012, 9:32 AM
I'd have to say Nimbasa City is my favourite;it's just so darn amazing!I thought that I would prefer Castelia than any of the others,but Nimbasa has more to offer like The Battle Institute,the Battle Subway,the amusement park and the Musical.Not forgetting the two stadiums as well.NIMBASA CITY IS BEAST.And yeah,compared to fourth gen,these towns are bigger and look way more realistic.

LightningRevolver
4th April 2012, 11:47 AM
I'd have to say Nimbasa City is my favourite;it's just so darn amazing!I thought that I would prefer Castelia than any of the others,but Nimbasa has more to offer like The Battle Institute,the Battle Subway,the amusement park and the Musical.Not forgetting the two stadiums as well.NIMBASA CITY IS BEAST.And yeah,compared to fourth gen,these towns are bigger and look way more realistic.

I agree with this.

G50
4th April 2012, 1:41 PM
Nimbasa City is my favorite city from B&W. All of the buildings are 3D animated very well, plus there are a lot of really cool things to do there.
I don't really have a least favorite city, I like them all.
They are much cooler to me than the Generation 4 cities.

EJ90
8th April 2012, 9:07 AM
-What is your favourite city from Pokemon Black and White?
I think Nimbasa City is my favourite, probably because of the Stadiums, which were helpful when I needed a bit extra training. Castelia City is also good, mainly because it looks so different to any Pokemon city in the past.

-What is your least favourite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Black City. Apart from a couple of buildings in the north which you can't enter and the Pokemon Centre, there's absolutely nothing else there!

Overall, they're better than Gen 4.

Just continue making things a bit different as they have every generation, though more water routes would be nice in the next generation.

Kall El
3rd June 2012, 8:56 PM

Have fun, and remember don't get too rowdy! : )

1. Village Bridge, astounding detail and beautiful music. I would live there if I could or ever did move to Isshu. Second I would go for Huin City because it's so big, great detail and use of camera angles were smooth!
2. I don't have least favourite but there were a few places that could use more features eg. Iccirus.
3. Each Region has it's own good points, I think Isshu had a few beautiful designs and concepts - slightly ahead of 4th for me!
4. More Cities and Towns, Isshu is an amazing Region but needs more development in Size.
5. Similiar to my last point, more location, towns and cities. Also exisiting locations could use more content, buildings, post-game locations.
With BW2 being confirmed, we've already seen many changes, improvements and additions.
Can't wait for more info, the ice covering Eastern-Isshu is blowing my mind! lol

AceFlonne
17th June 2012, 6:31 AM
1. Opelucid City White version. It really fits that the gym leader is dragon and the music is refreshing
2. Iccirus city is kinda boring and uniteresting to me IMO
3. I think they are way better than Gen 4's cities
4. More versions of the cities like Opelucid
5. More Ancient design cities

Nyarlathotep
17th June 2012, 7:14 AM
- What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?

Mistralton City. I love the music, the feeling and the ambient.
I also like Opelucid City (White version) and Black City.

I don't think I have one... The music of Nimbasa City is by far the worst, but the city have some interesting features, so I can't say I hate it.
Maybe Icirrus, there is nothing to do there and the music sucks.

I dunno, but I like Generation V cities better. =]

No.

Kninja22
17th June 2012, 7:45 AM
-What is your favourite city from Pokemon Black and White?
I think Nimbasa City is my favourite, probably because of the Stadiums, which were helpful when I needed a bit extra training. Castelia City is also good, mainly because it looks so different to any Pokemon city in the past.

-What is your least favourite city from Pokemon Black and White?
Black City. Apart from a couple of buildings in the north which you can't enter and the Pokemon Centre, there's absolutely nothing else there!

Overall, they're better than Gen 4.

Just continue making things a bit different as they have every generation, though more water routes would be nice in the next generation.
Black city is actually my favorite city,I actually have a shop there since I went to my brother's white and "borrowed" a few people from it

Dragalge
18th June 2012, 1:12 AM
Nimbasa City is a great city, right behind it is Castelia.

ShinyMienshao
18th June 2012, 2:52 AM
I always loved Nimbasa city ever since I started the game. Mostly because of the music and the Pokemon move tutor there.

Kninja22
18th June 2012, 3:27 AM
There's A Move Tutor In Nimbasa?

Pilpulp
18th June 2012, 6:23 PM
Nacrene City is nice. Great city overall. I want Mistraltion City to be re-vamped in BW2. Needs something more. I think the airplanes will be working in it.

Sworn Metalhead
13th July 2012, 2:12 AM
Black city is like a modern day Lavender Town, a city of the dead if you will (Y) love it.

spyclone138
20th August 2012, 12:16 AM
-My favorite is Lucanosa because of its music second would be black city.
-Least favorite would be Accumla town nothing to really do.
Some actually look like cities because they're big this time (I'm looking at you Castelia)
-something they could have added is maybe make it a tee bit bigger? :3
-When a remake happens make em bigger please

SmeargleRocks
21st August 2012, 5:57 AM
My favorite city is the black version exclusive of the last gym, my least favorite is the town where you battle cilan and his bros they weren't that tough
And I think that gen5 doesn't really compare with with the gen4 games (I'm only thinking of soulsilver and platinum I get shinies on platinum a lot) the ONOY things that aren't that bad are haxorus, terrakion, genesect, serperior, and scrafty :P

Draco.
22nd August 2012, 7:17 PM
i like white forest more, in some how :/
but i dont know why