PDA

View Full Version : Black and White City Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

bluemage14
14th March 2011, 7:59 AM
This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?

Have fun, and remember don't get too rowdy! : )

Fox Reeveheart
14th March 2011, 4:16 PM
black city looks really cool when it's all lit up at night... looks really dumb and bland during the day.

favorite city.... nimbasa (the one with the amusement park) because it feels the most like a mid-sized town, castelia is too big, many of the others are so small, nimbasa has a good middle sized feel too it. Not to mention it doesn't feel gimmicky like opelucid. I imagine Nimbasa as a town of a couple thousand with an amusement park and nothing more, makes it feel homely in a way.

least favorite: castelia, too darn big @_@

elorasheppard
14th March 2011, 4:22 PM
Id have to say my favourite city/place is strangely enough village bridge (its like its own little town with great places to train and great music)

Real city would have to be Driftveil. I love the rain :)

I thought i would love Castellia but I dont. There's not really much to do but its so big that the things you want to do you just cant find.

Miss Alexis
14th March 2011, 6:30 PM
Hmmm I only have white version and I still have yet to make it to white forest, but ill be there shortly ^^

Ledyba
14th March 2011, 6:44 PM
1. My favourite city is Nimbasa City. It has everything, Battle Subway, Musical building, ferris wheel, etc.
2. Least favourite would be Striaton City. There's not much you can do there.
3. The cities are really great compared to the gen.4 cities. They are bigger, too!
4. I wish you could fly with the airplane at Mistralton.
5. Maybe they let you do that in the third version?

ledyba out.

bluemage14
14th March 2011, 9:18 PM
I have only just gotten to Mistralton, and I have to say I'm disappointed. I would have thought it would be much larger. Coming from Driftveil, which is one of my favorites, it was a real let down. Sure the Airport is cool, but there is only like 2 houses. Overall very bland.

Nimbasa City although a great size and amazingly interactive, I felt it overpowered Castelia.

(P.S. if the rest of this critique is from a perspective of map-maker so if you don't wish to be bored escape now!)

Nimbasa houses too many things, and I feel that the designers should have evened it out between Castelia and Nimbasa. I mean Castelia is based off of Lower Manhattan so shouldn't there be more things to do in the city? Although that would mean Nimbasa is suppose to be the Arts district of New York.

Goodness I sound like a crazy person! I shall stop now!

Continue discussing! This is going along swimmingly!

Hejiru
14th March 2011, 10:54 PM
Castelia is really creative. And I love the music in Driftveil.

Starlight777
14th March 2011, 10:55 PM
Castelia so far is my least favorite, it was difficult finding everything and the camera angle changes were starting to give me a headache >.<

Fav so far is Nimbasa City, it's so colorful! >W<

Painkiller2001
15th March 2011, 1:56 AM

- Castelia. Because it's so big.
- I don't know yet. I'll have to visit each city first to see which one I like the least.
- A lot better than the cities from Gen. 4. These cities look alot more realistic. especially Castelia. It's actually "city-like" with all the tall skyscrapers!
- So far, nothing. The region itself is really looking good!
- Not anything so far.

Aquarelle
15th March 2011, 4:52 AM
1. Favourite city for me would be Nimbasa City. The music there is so cool and I like training in the sports domes there.

2. My least favourite city would be a tie between Castelia and Black City. Castelia is way too big and I often have problems remembering where everything is located in that place. It's really annoying having to search in every single building for whatever it is I want. I find Black City to be quite boring really. Also, the music there gives me the creeps.

3. Personally, I greatly prefer the fourth generation cities. I just find them much more interesting and fun to visit. I like the sizes of most fourth gen cities, because they aren't too big like Castelia and they're not ridicuously small like Icirrus City.

4. I wish they had made some of the cities larger. Places like Mistralton and Icirrus seem way too small to be cities. Mistalton is mostly just an airport, and Icirrus looks more like a rural town.

5. See above.

123jeffrey
15th March 2011, 5:48 AM
my favorite city is Nimbasa,
my least favorite is castellia (SO CONFUSING...)
i think that comparing to 4th gen, the cities are more unique.

Skyla
15th March 2011, 11:38 AM
I just love how Hiun City looks like.

Chimchar15
15th March 2011, 1:02 PM
-I like all the cities in Unova so that's a hard one.
-Also my least favorite I guess would be White Forest even though it technically isn't a city.
-Definitely better than the fourth gen cities although some fourth gen cities like Oreburgh are an exception to this.
-I don't really have anything to add may make Iccirus city a little bigger and put just a few more houses in Mistralton but for the most part I good.
-For the first time in a Pokemon game I don't want anything added to the cities. If anything the stuff I said earlier and maybe a couple more things in Castelia City. Like there's plenty to do but I want even MORE!!!!!

Charoshi
15th March 2011, 1:16 PM
I don't really have a favourite or least favourite city in this region. I really just like them all a lot. If I had to pick a fav, it would be White City, or possibly Undella town, cause for whatever reason I just like it there.
Least Fav if I had to pick one would probably be Accumula town, but that's kinda expected for the first city after your home town. With the exception of Viridian, there never is anything there.

I love the cities in this game overall much more than the cities in the 4th Gen. For whatever reason, I just really like them.

Maybe a little more to cities like Iccirus or Mistralton. A Safari Zone or something of the like near one of those cities would have been a great idea.

I'd be fine if they were left the way they are, but if they had to change things I wouldn't mind at all. I'd love a Safari Zone type thing as mentioned, but I might be getting my hopes up there.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
15th March 2011, 1:38 PM
Are there any side by side comparisons of Opelucid City from Black and White?

I have Black, its freaking awesome.

Zalman
15th March 2011, 1:45 PM
Are there any side by side comparisons of Opelucid City from Black and White
This is the best I could find:

Black: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2a/Black_Opelucid_City.png White: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0d/White_Opelucid_City.png

I honestly prefer Black's version.

Zhanton
15th March 2011, 1:49 PM
Isn't there already a thread for this?
I've only just reached Pinwheel Forest, but all the cities so far have been nice and fresh. I've loved the detail, although I think Nacrene City should've been known as Nacrene Town (:

elorasheppard
15th March 2011, 2:02 PM
Isn't there already a thread for this?
I've only just reached Pinwheel Forest, but all the cities so far have been nice and fresh. I've loved the detail, although I think Nacrene City should've been known as Nacrene Town (:

Has there ever been a town with a gym in it? Im wracking my brain but i think they were all cities. Nacrene has a gym so it has to be called a city, even though I agree its more town like. Has a very small, local theme to it.

flawlessazn
15th March 2011, 2:03 PM
Castelia seems quite nice, but i like Nimbasa the best

MagnetonNr1
15th March 2011, 3:17 PM
Has there ever been a town with a gym in it?

Azalea Town, Mahogany Town and Lavaridge Town are the only ones I could think of...

GalladeX
15th March 2011, 3:18 PM
Has there ever been a town with a gym in it? Im wracking my brain but i think they were all cities. Nacrene has a gym so it has to be called a city, even though I agree its more town like. Has a very small, local theme to it.

Dewford Town in Hoenn.

IatosHaunted
15th March 2011, 3:22 PM
Am I the only one who prefers Opelucid City in White, with it's old-style, rustic look? I feel like it fits better with the theme of the town, the explanation of Reshiram and Zekroms mythology, and how it fit with the rest of the region.

elorasheppard
15th March 2011, 3:22 PM
Dewford Town in Hoenn.

Ah thats true.

I dont think they could have ever got away with calling that a city, its only got one house.

Seem
15th March 2011, 3:45 PM
There's also Mahogany Town in Johto.

MagnetonNr1
15th March 2011, 3:52 PM
Lavaridge Town and Azalea Town...

AmusedMilk
15th March 2011, 8:39 PM
I think Nimbasa is awesome. But I like the 3-D in Castelia.

mahud king
15th March 2011, 8:44 PM
gotta say I loath castelia cos its too darn big
i love undella town though, i kinda nicked one of the houses there so i now live there

Unlimited
15th March 2011, 8:46 PM
I really liked Nacrene City. Very cool and unique.

Was disappointed with Castelia. There's simply not enough going on there. Was in an out in what seemed like 15 minutes. It's got nothing on Goldenrod.

Chimchar15
15th March 2011, 8:48 PM
Am I the only one who prefers Opelucid City in White, with it's old-style, rustic look? I feel like it fits better with the theme of the town, the explanation of Reshiram and Zekroms mythology, and how it fit with the rest of the region.

Actually a good amonut of people seem to prefer Opelucid City in White but I'm not one of those people. It's great don't get me wrong but Opelucid City in Black and not to mention the music screams final gym and epic all over it.

oskar M
15th March 2011, 8:51 PM
Soon I will catch Zekrom :)

Pamizard
15th March 2011, 8:58 PM
Well i got to say i really like the Cities look in white. I like the feeling of old things

MagnetonNr1
15th March 2011, 8:59 PM
Driftveil City reminds me of my hometown.

Rainy, dull and it has a freight port.

IatosHaunted
15th March 2011, 9:13 PM
Actually a good amonut of people seem to prefer Opelucid City in White but I'm not one of those people. It's great don't get me wrong but Opelucid City in Black and not to mention the music screams final gym and epic all over it.

Good point. It feels more lackluster in White, a bit more relaxed. It's great in both games, of course.

Also, I was a bit dissapointed with White Forest. They could've done a lot more with that, instead of just supplying us with a few more wild Pokemon.

manifesto
15th March 2011, 9:44 PM
Also, I was a bit dissapointed with White Forest. They could've done a lot more with that, instead of just supplying us with a few more wild Pokemon.

Agreed, I was expecting something a lot more epic from White Forest. I guess zekrom was a good trade-off for getting that derpy little forest. I like how Opelucid looks in white though. It seems to make more sense to me since it's a dragon-based town and dragons live in keeps and whatnot in different mythologies so a rustic town makes more sense to me. But you know, to each their own.

poke-lord
15th March 2011, 10:06 PM
Driftveil City reminds me of my hometown.

Rainy, dull and it has a freight port.

Is it Hull?

KickAsh
15th March 2011, 10:11 PM
1. My favorite city is Driftveil City. The rain and music created a cozy little atmosphere, and the "Charizard Bridge" and the Cold Storage where some neat little locations. Also, it's the home of Clay.
2. My least favorite is probably either Castelia or Mistralton. Castelia was way too big, and the changes of camera angles were obnoxious and disorienting. And Mistralton was a major disappointment after Driftveil. There was what, like 3 houses and a PC? The airfield was cool, but the city needed more things.
3. Unova's cities are a lot better than most of D/P/Pltn, and they are sooo much better than HeartGold/SoulSilver's cities. I love Johto's Pokemon, but its locations kind of suck.
4 and 5. I think a Safari Zone that opens up post-Elite Four would vastly improve the game. If it were placed in Iccirus City, it would add a lot more to the city. After defeating the Elite Four, N, and Ghetsis, Professor Juniper could call you on the Xtransceiver and say something like "Have you heard about the Safari Zone in Iccirus City? It would be a great place for you to work on your Pokedex!" The Safari Zone could have rare Pokemon in it from every region, like Chansey, Bagon, and Dratini. But it could also host some rare Unova Pokemon, like Axew, Cryoganal, and Deino.

ForeverFlame
15th March 2011, 10:17 PM
They're pretty lackluster, honestly. It's almost as if Gamefreak added them as an afterthought. In fact, all of the aftergame content in these games was disappointing. Or maybe it seems disappointing coming off of HeartGold/SoulSilver?

MagnetonNr1
15th March 2011, 10:18 PM
Is it Hull?

No - I don't live in Britain. It's a city you probably don't know anyways :p

Mallymkun
15th March 2011, 11:09 PM
This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

1. Favorite City: Nacrene. I know there's not much to do there, but I like the overall atmosphere of the place.

2. Least Favorite: Castelia City. The 3-D gets annoying after a while and makes finding specific buildings very difficult.

3 and 4. I think BW is well-made enough, and if the creators were to add anything else that would be including a Safari Zone.

MagnetonNr1
15th March 2011, 11:14 PM

1.) Opelucid City (Black Version)
2.) Icirrus City
3.) Umm...
4.) A little bit more to do in Castelia City...
5.) Actually not, no.

Routine
15th March 2011, 11:18 PM
My favourite city would be Icirrus City. Although there's not that much to do there, I really like the music and the rainy weather and water puddles everywhere, and the dancing people in the middle of the city.
Least favourite... hard to tell, really. Guess Castelia, it looks awesome, but it's too big and I kept getting lost in it.
I have yet to get to Black City, but from the screenshots it looks pretty cool, though I like the fact White is more nature-oriented. But I'm suddenly finding myself liking Black's technological theme more...

Ememew
16th March 2011, 12:09 AM
Haven't played much due to homework, so I've only gotten to Castelia so far. Of what I've seen thus far, though, Accumula (the city between your hometown and the first gym) is my least favorite - there's just too little going on around there. Whatever-the-name-is-for-Lenora's-town is my favorite so far.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
16th March 2011, 1:45 AM
Just got to Opelucid (Black). The atmosphere is neat, but the musoc...not so much. Too techno and upbeat. Strange rhythm to it. I simply don't like it.

I looked up Whites music...MUCH better. It fits that 8th gym feel more if you know what I mean. Reminds me of Blackthorn. You're almost there...

Romeo Romeo
16th March 2011, 2:35 AM
Just explored Village Bridge. I must say, I think it's one of my favourite places in the entire Pokemon world, in any region. Such a nice atmosphere, so tranquil. Now to explore the rest of the Eastern side of Unova.

Team:

Princess (Garchomp) - Level 90

Merlin (Salamence) - Level 90

Faust (Hydreigon) - Level 75

Hamlet (Dragonite) - Level 66

Thorn (Haxorus) - Level 66

Bring it on. I am loving this game so much. :)

Grei
16th March 2011, 2:40 AM

-Favorite City... I dunno. I really liked Lacunosa, Nimbasa was cool, Opelucid was neat. Anville's got this weird charm to it, as does Undella. I think my favorite was Castelia. Castelia's got so much to do. I spent hours in that city trying to complete everything. The only problem with it was how irrelevant it became afterwards. I mean, it had the Game Freak battle and the Royal Unova, but... for such a huge city I would have hoped for more post-game content to be in Castelia. Nimbasa's got more to do post-game than Castelia.

-Least Favorite...? Accumula. That town is so pointless. Anville had more use than Accumula. Granted, the first town after the starting town is usually pretty lacking, but... man, that town is dull. I also didn't like Mistralton, either.

-Compared to the 4th Gen cities, they're... iffy. I feel like a lot could have been done for each city to make it relevant beyond the initial visit. In Sinnoh, a number of cities needed revisiting due to certain circumstances. Also, each city contained some sort of feature or building that was relevant post-game. Canalave had the Move Deleter, Jubilife had the GTS, Pastoria had the Great Marsh and Move Relearner, Hearthome had the Contest Building, etc. This gen... Mistralton has the move deleter and relearner, Nimbasa has the Subway, Nacrene had the Museum (for fossils), Striaton had the Game Sync lab. Other than that, the other cities are just sort of... there. Opelucid was so lame after you first visited it because there is literally nothing to do there after you beat the Leader and visit each house. Same with Driftveil, Icirrus, and others.

-I wish the creators would have added more post-game content to the cities. If the plot of the games doesn't call for backtracking, it'd be best for the cities to have something to give you a reason to revisit them after the story is over. They don't.

-^Thus, I hope there's more to do in each city in the 3rd Version/remake. Just because of the Gym Rematches there'll be reason to revisit each city, but I hope there are actual events that occur in each city post-game that make things interesting. As it is now, there's a satisfying amount of post-game content, so more will not hurt at all.

Roll
16th March 2011, 3:00 AM

I can't say that I prefer any particular city over another, but I'd have to say Nimbasa City. There were lots to do there (The Ferris Wheel, Battle Subway, Sports Stadiums, Pokemon Musicals, etc.) and it never failed to entertain me while I was there.

Village Bridge and Undella Town are also favorites of mine, both for their soothing atmosphere.

I can't say that I ever really liked Driftveil City. It just seemed so... bland (I still don't know what the building in the northern part of the city is... Is it Unova's foreign building?). The Cold Storage wasn't that entertaining to me either. I actually preferred Accumula Town over Driftveil, due to the piano and drum players there.

Well, the music I found was much more charming. As for the content of the cities themselves... there wasn't really all that much to do. There was no huge mall (Shopping Mall Nine wasn't that big at all to be quite honest), no Game Corner (I understand that it was removed to avoid the gambling influence), no Safari Zone (Well, White Forest is partially one, but you can't even access it until post-game), no Cycling Road and worst of all, no GTS building! I loved the music there! Granted, you could just use the second floor of the Pokemon Center but I really liked having the GTS as an actual building...

More things to do in the cities. Sure, the camera angles were pretty sweet in Castelia, but all there was to do was go into buildings and ride elevators all day, or go to the piers. Driftveil could've had a cave of some sort, to keep in with the Ground-theme. Mistralton's plane could take off to some new location, Icirrus City could have had more of a, well, icy theme.

More interaction within the cities. They have little to do with the plot, as Team Plasma are constantly out on Routes or caves or towers vandalizing every place they come across. This may not be relevant, but I found the gym puzzles to be rather linear, not to mention getting from city to city. Some branching paths would be nice.

Sorry if I sounded as if I am complaining too much, but it's really only the cities that are dragging down my love of Generation V. Everything else I think is pitch-perfect.

IatosHaunted
16th March 2011, 5:28 AM

-Probably Opelucid, just for the scenery. I really like how it looks. I also like Icurrus and Driftveil, for the music.
-I'd say they're about on par, but more diverse.
-Something cool with the environment, like a city built into the desert area.
-Not really. Maybe try and combine the styles of Opelucid between the two games.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
16th March 2011, 11:55 PM
Best Design and stuff to do: Nimbasa
Best Sound: Driftveil
Best Graphics: Catelia
Best City Overall:Nimbasa
Worst City: Nacrene City

bluemage14
18th March 2011, 12:04 AM
I just arrived in Icirrus City last night and I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed it! True, there isn't much to it besides the gym, but when has the 7th gym city ever had anything substantial? (Ok that's not entirely true cause Mahogany Town did have the Team Rocket Hideout, but still!)

I just overall really enjoyed the hills and the puddles of water. The windmills are what sold me though, they were just beautifully designed and added so much to the originality of the city. I did however have more of a Village feel compared to a City, but oh well life goes on. :)

Next question!

- If you could pick any city to live in from Gen. 5 which would it be?

Dawn_Hero
18th March 2011, 12:25 AM
Hmm... Never thought of this before. I know everyone's probably going to say Castelia City is their favorite, so I'll skip right over that and move on. I guess I'd have to say my favorite is Nacrene City or Opelucid City... Probably Opelucid City. They're both really fun to me and I enjoy Opelucid's more laid-back yet modern style in White and Nacrene's really laid-back and artistic style. Plus, museums are ALWAYS fun. I really can't make up my mind, I guess. ;-; If I had to choose, though, I guess I'd say Nacrene City. Hahahah. As for the differences between 4th and 5th gen, I truly don't have much of a preference. Blackthorn will always be my favorite city of all time. Hahahahah.

Electric
18th March 2011, 12:32 AM
My favorite so far is Icirrus City, because I'm a nature living runner and that city pretty much suits me. Brycen is also pretty cool.

The worst one is Accumula Town. It sucks and has nothing to do after you visit it. Can't the makers of the game at least put something unique there besides "talk to this character to change the music" thing? Even Nuvema Town is less boring.

Emperor Empoleon
18th March 2011, 12:40 AM
The only place that I dont really like is Skyla's city(forgot the name)..Too small for my taste..But the best in my opinion is Nimbasa. Quite the exciting place with all those battles :3 Music wise, Opelucid Black Version takes it for me. The doors in the Black Version of the city are cool too XD

Now Black City is a mixed bag for me..I love that I can come by everyday for battles and buying items(ESPECIALLY those Heart Scales), and the design is sweet at night. But the people in the buildings make the place so gloomy D: Selfish, spoiled or power hungry..I get the idea behind it though..

NES
18th March 2011, 12:49 AM
Nimbasa for the stadium, Castelia looks pretty cool too, i also like Icirrus but just because i like to go and mess with those trainers dancing in a circle, and finally Nacrene city.

Mister_SGG
18th March 2011, 2:54 AM
-I'm sure most people would say Castelia here, and I was one of those people for a while, but the music is annoying, and there are several unnecessary buildings that make it simply too big. My favourite is Opelucid. Really bad name, but cool music, cool Gym, inside and out, and the inside of the houses are cool.
-Striaton, Nacrene, Undella, and Driftveil: I hate you.
-They are generally more populated, which is good.
-I think that Mistralton City should be bigger... sure the runway is huge, but the rest... is forgotten. Also, the eastern part of Unova is too small. MAKE IT BIGGER! PUT IN ISLANDS OR SOMETHING.
-I hope that you are allowed to choose if you want to fight Drayden or Iris.

Emperor Empoleon
18th March 2011, 3:03 AM
^Hmm..I have to agree about Castelia City's buildings :S

I like the city's view and outer design, but it does feel like theres a-lot of unecessary space ^^;

Pir8Heart
18th March 2011, 2:56 PM

-So far, I would say Nimbasa. Music-wise, I prefer Accumula; it's way to simple. Don't sue me though, I've only just reached Mistralton City.

-I'm really liking all of the cities so far. I guess Srtiaton didn't really stick out much. Other than the Dreamyard (Munna/Musharna), there's really nothing to do.

-I want to ride the Ferris Wheel again. There's always the stupid bar in front of it after you go on it the first time.

-I wonder what they'll do with Opelucid City in (Gray?). I mean, Black and White are the whole technology vs. nature thing, so I'm not sure how they're gonna' make that work.

The KKM
18th March 2011, 3:16 PM
My favourite city... I spend a lot of time in Castelia, running around. I love it. Opelucid is also great, and I like to explore that city near Kyurem.

I'd like them to add more content to all the cities, though. More NPCs, more stuff to do post-game, etc. Safari Zone, whatever.

As for where would I live... I think Nacrene city. Arts :3

delicious.pyromaniac
18th March 2011, 3:22 PM
Driftveil City's probably my favourite so far, something about the oriental music I just really dig and the heart scale lady is a bonus. Also, Undella Town's music is one of my favourites, but it's so ugly and the billionaire's mansion is just an eyesore.

Like some other people, my least favourite was Castelia City. Maneuvering around the city's border was tedious and the panning of the camera was not only gimmicky, but head ache inducing. However, I did like the little cafe in the deserted street even though it doesn't have anything. It's kinda like finding an awesome little place tucked away in a huge metropolis that makes the best sandwiches you've ever had.

CombatWombat
18th March 2011, 3:27 PM
nimbasa city is my fav. there is alot to do like musicals, amusement park, battle subway and the stadium.
least favorite has to be striaton. i dunno why but most cities are useless post game which is a shame. i originally thought castelia would take the cake as best city since it looked awesome in trailers and previews but there aint much going on in there. its just 3D eye candy.
compared to 4th gen the cities look more varied and less predictable i.e. village bridge, iccirus city, castelia etc. which is good but the cities and towns need more stuff to do. i dunno add more features.

metagrossman4
18th March 2011, 10:18 PM
my favorite is opelucid city becauz im playing balck and its a light up and stuff. ma least favorite is iccuris. :P

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 4:17 AM
my haxorus evolved in oprlucid city so i like that one a whole lot more now (im playin white). i guess ie liked it ever since ive gotten to it. not a fan of the music though

Lorde
19th March 2011, 4:19 AM
My favorite city in Black/White is Castelia City while my least favorite city is Icirrus City. I like Castelia City the most since the music is nice and festive and the graphics there look amazing. I dislike Icirrus City because the music sounds bland and there isn't much to do there. Even though I like Castelia City, I would have liked for there to have been more stuff to do there. I think it's a great place, but why not add the Battle Subway there instead? You know, to go with the whole New York City theme.

Xaby
19th March 2011, 4:27 AM
My favorite city would be Nimbasa City. The Stadium and Courts are there where the fans and players are kind enough to let your Pokémon beat up theirs for EXP and money. In addition the son/grandson/clone of the Legendary Top Pokémon Breeder is also here in the Battle Subway, and his way of judging potential is a great help for all breeders everywhere.

Least favorite? Accumula Town. It's not even worth a footnote, as only 1 event ever happens in this absolutely boring place, and that's at the start of the game. You'll never find yourself going back to this place on purpose.

PokeBrian
19th March 2011, 6:16 AM
I find myself returning to Accumula Town a bunch of times!... I need to go there to get my flying pokemon after I beat the Elite Four... Sigh. I guess not. It really sucks that Accumula really has nothing. Stration at least has the dream yard and the Day Care...
My least favorite has to be Mistralion. The constant rain there really never left a good impression and I find that Iccirus city gives me better access to Twist mountain...

For most favorite, probably Castelia, aesthetically, but utility-wise, it'd be a tie between Stration, for breeding, and Black City for training.

Blitz Lucario
19th March 2011, 6:35 AM
Castelia City because it looks abolutely beautiful with the 3D effects.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
19th March 2011, 6:46 AM
Meh I prefer Nimbassa to Castelia becuase I find it to be more exciting. Besides, I've never really liked NYC myself anyway.

Worst definitely has to be the small as hell Mistralton. At least Lacremosa has the gimick of the people changing positions from day to night...

InfiniteBlaze
19th March 2011, 7:00 AM
Castelia city is ****ing amazing. Best pokemon city of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

PGfan85
19th March 2011, 2:27 PM
The sorry exuse for a safari zone is the moor of iccirus

Burakoru
19th March 2011, 7:10 PM
Nimbasa over Castelia, Nimbasa has a cooler gym leader, the battle subway, pokemon musicals, a TON of people to battle, and much more.

Maverik
19th March 2011, 7:17 PM
Accumula Town has nice music, and I love the added touch with the percussion siblings in the house, but it has no special role except for Ghetsis's speech.

shrash
19th March 2011, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by Charosi:
Maybe a little more to cities like Iccirus or Mistralton. A Safari Zone or something of the like near one of those cities would have been a great idea.

This.

I like Driftveil and Opelucid (white) because of the music and Nimbasa has a lot of stuff in it.

The worst is iccurus because it's too small and looks like a route.

Definitely better than IV gen because of th BGM in the towns

and the quote answers what i would want added

Burakoru
19th March 2011, 8:51 PM
Worse is Iccurus. Talk about short. Only good thing is the tower.

sonicstar
19th March 2011, 9:22 PM
i think that Driftviel is the best, the music just modernises pokemon and gives it a nice tune!, also because In driftviel is the ONLY area you can find ice pokemon easily without the change of seasons =) Im with all those that think iccirus is boring because there is nothing there and you have to wait till winter to get all the items..... and there is nothing to do just go to dragon spiral tower... thats it really :(

Paradoxe
19th March 2011, 9:28 PM
I f'in hate Black's Opelucid. The music and houses suck. There's nothing there either.
My favorite now is Nimbasa.

TurtwigFan1
19th March 2011, 9:35 PM
My favourite city is Castelia because it's just huge and looks so pretty at night. I love it.

Least favourite would probably be Accumula, it was pretty boring tbh.

I think they're on a whole better than the 4th Gen.

I honestly do wish that Icirrus and Mistralton City were bigger - they don't deserve city status in my eyes because they just seem way too small, I'm pretty sure there's been bigger places in Pokémon called _____ Town.

In a remake I'd like to see a Safari Zone or something like that - to let us get more pre-5th Gen Pokémon.

Lorde
19th March 2011, 9:56 PM
I've heard that some people would've liked to see a Safari Zone in one of the smaller towns, and I actually agree with that. Not that I like the Safari Zone very much, but I still think it would've been a nice addition to one of the "boring" towns like Icirrus City. The Moor of Icirrus would've been a perfect place for a Safari Zone if you think about it. If not Icirrus City then maybe Mistralton City since it's pretty small. I guess I just expected more from the cities in the Unova region.

Arcamenel
19th March 2011, 10:12 PM
I've heard that some people would've liked to see a Safari Zone in one of the smaller towns, and I actually agree with that. Not that I like the Safari Zone very much, but I still think it would've been a nice addition to one of the "boring" towns like Icirrus City. The Moor of Icirrus would've been a perfect place for a Safari Zone if you think about it. If not Icirrus City then maybe Mistralton City since it's pretty small. I guess I just expected more from the cities in the Unova region.

I second this.

Missingno. Master
19th March 2011, 11:27 PM

Maybe not a Safari Zone, but I do agree that there were a few towns that could have used a bit more. Especially Undella Town. It's Autumn, so no Cynthia battles, and I stupidly forgot to throw the match against Miles Rich, so I can't battle the Riches anymore, so now I only go there to sell the flute items to that Black Belt in the Riches' villa.

Mistralton's also pretty small, but at least it has something that makes it worth visiting- the move relearner and move deleter.

Anville Town, however, should at least have a Pokemon Center, or at least be flyable to!

Black City, though- gotta love that place. Especially at night when the lights on the buildings are all lit up. I love everything about that city- the look, the music, the rebattleable trainers every day, the guy who gives you a fat wad of cash for beating said trainers, the buyable evolution stones, all of it.

Nuvema and Accumula, ehh. Not much to say about these. Your basic, average hometown and second city.

Aside from the gym, Striaton's pretty bland as well.

Nacrene is pretty cool in looks, what with the warehouses being converted into homes, but aside from reviving fossils there, there's not much to do.

Castelia is too awesome for words. The ability to battle Morimoto on a daily basis also gives me reason to go there. Also digging how you actually wait on a line to buy a Casteliacone, really cool. Even cooler is that that maid near Nimbasa pays some nice cash for Casteliacones.

Speaking of Nimbasa, it's pretty sweet. Sports stadiums packed with rebattleable trainers, and the Battle Subway. Actually, it's not exactly helping that I got my rear handed to me on the WiFi train multiple times today. Word to the wise- no fooling around in Rank 2. It's serious business. I lost to two different Excadrill in Sandstorm conditions.

Driftveil doesn't have too much to do, but what it does have does keep me coming back every so often- that lady who gives you a Heart Scale if you show her a Pokemon that knows a TM move. She's half the reason I'm good on Heart Scales right now (the other half is the fact that my level 100 Teddiursa, Linoone, and Munchlax, all with Pickup, rarely leave my team).

I mainly visit Icirrus City to sell rocks and stuff to that guy in the Pokemon Center. Oddly enough, he buys every Evolution Stone except for the Leaf Stone. I've also gone there to EV train a Politoed, and gone away with a fully EV-trained Politoed and a headache. Them Stunfisk are something else.

As for Opelucid City, I rarely go there anymore. I have nothing I wish to teach Draco Meteor to, and the daily Rotation Battles don't give enough Exp. to be worthwhile.

Did I skip any? Oh, yeah, Lacunosa Town. Bleh. Nothing going on there.

Grei
19th March 2011, 11:59 PM
The sorry exuse for a safari zone is the moor of iccirus

It's... not a Safari Zone?

Lorde
20th March 2011, 3:25 AM
Did I skip any? Oh, yeah, Lacunosa Town. Bleh. Nothing going on there.

It's a small town with not much going for it, but I do like the legends in that town. Learning more about the Giant Chasm and Kyurem was interesting. I'm almost certain that the town only exists to give us background information on those two subjects.

Anyway, does anyone else find it ironic that there are fields in Mistralton City yet we cannot grow berries there? I just noticed that the other day and I laughed out loud when I realized that they could've easily allowed us to have a berry patch there. I mean there's nothing else there so they could've allowed us to utilize that chunk of land.

TehBrawlGuy~
20th March 2011, 3:44 AM
Castelia wins first for sure, the 3D effects and other people are just too amazing to ignore.

Nimbassa gets second though.

Auraknight08
24th March 2011, 10:34 PM
I like Castelia a lot. The Village Bridge is very cool. I like the one with the high walls too. The name slipped my mind.

Grei
25th March 2011, 2:22 AM
I find myself being in Nimbasa moreso than any other city. It's probably because of the stadiums with battles every day, the Musical (which is actually a little fun once you get enough Props. I'm completing the musical for Trainer Card purposes), and the Battle Subway, which is going to be something to conquer once I re-challenge and defeat the Elite Four and Alder.

Swagmander
25th March 2011, 2:29 AM
Black City is defenitely my favorite city in Black Version, and the reason I'm so glad I chose Black over White. Sure, it's a small city, but it's full of crooks and gangsters, leaning away from the traditional kid-friendly areas of previous Pokemon games. It kind of reminds me of Pyrite Town and The Under from Pokemon Colosseum. My favorite part? The old man you pays you top cash for winning underground Pokemon battles with trainers. (OK, it doesn't happen exactly that way, but I like making the White Forest people jealous.)

colton has glitches
25th March 2011, 2:42 AM
i would have to say that white forest i really cool:)
but it is really stupid that u need to change the people that live there to get new pokemon in there. i would love if it was every week it would change.
but my fav city is castellia city cause it is the most diffrent and virbrant of all cities.
and right before the city u got the coolest bridge ive ever seen, but its long :(.
compared to all other cities thats the only modern looking city:).
it makes all other cities look like towns!

Invader Zim
25th March 2011, 1:46 PM
I like Castelia, and White forest is awesome.

Snigeln
25th March 2011, 2:46 PM
I think my favorite is Undella. I like the music and how calm it is.

I think it´s a bit boring that you have to go wireless to get something in Black City/White Forest, especially since i don´t know anyone with the game. :(

pickgoldies
25th March 2011, 9:08 PM
My favorite city FOR SURE is Nimbasa! It's so much fun. It's the one city I could go to everyday to train in the stadium and court, and I love the pokemon musical. It's cute fun. Second favorite is Driftveil because I can listen to its song ALL DAY.

My least favorite is probably Mistralton City. It's whatever to me.

All the cities are better than 4th gen's to me, only because I can actually remember all these cities and I can't remember 4th gen's well at all.

PokemonOwn
25th March 2011, 9:11 PM
Castelia City is the winner. The Battle Company, the open sea out of you window, the bustling streets.

3D is win.

Roxas013
25th March 2011, 9:21 PM
i personally lik each new city i c more than the last but 4 usefulness i say Nimbasa. i only go bak 2 Castelia on tuesdays 4 the icecream.

T.W.I.
26th March 2011, 7:16 AM
Best: Opelucid from White
Worst: Opelucid from Black or Mistralton (feels lazy and rush)

ScytherLover
26th March 2011, 4:25 PM
I would have to say Undella town. That is some very calm music, and especially with my headset on it sounds GREAT! Very relaxing. I also like how you can earn a crap load of money there. Thats how I went from 400,000 to 600,000. :p

Pseudo-Unlegendary
26th March 2011, 9:12 PM
Best: Opelucid from White
Worst: Opelucid from Black or Mistralton (feels lazy and rush)

I like Opelucid from Black since I am more of a city type of guy. I think all of the cities are pretty good here though.

Rihorama
26th March 2011, 10:13 PM
I love Mistralton the most. The music is simply perfect, I love the airport, the Gym in a hangar, the greenhouses all around. And probably my most favourite Unova Gym Leader. Not mentioning I liked the Mistralton N encounter. (Though I admit that two common houses are sort of... too few, yes)

Icirrus city is on the second place - I remember the first impression of the BGM when I left the Twist Mountain, it was so... optimistic and light. First I wasn't sure whether I'm in the next city or not. I explored around and fell in love with those mills instantly. The atmosphere there is so nice :D I'd just love to lie down on one of those meadows and look at the sky.

Least favourite city? That would be...hmm...Undella town. Too boring and empty in my opinion.

And compared to the 4th generation cities? Epic win! Except one I didn't like any of Sinnoh cities and towns which is a bad score.

The Black version of Opelucid city could have looked better. I don't mind futuristic stuff if it's nicely done but this looks too weird.

Sert908
26th March 2011, 10:38 PM
I love Accumula Town. Mostly because of the music. But it's also so peaceful. When you're at the 6-8th gym cities. You're focused on beating the game. But here, it's so calm :D

Lorde
26th March 2011, 10:45 PM
I like Opelucid from Black since I am more of a city type of guy. I think all of the cities are pretty good here though.

I think Opelucid City feels like a city in both versions. The Opelucid City in Black version is just more modern than the Opelucid City in White version. I can enjoy both, though, since both have something interesting to offer. Now that I'm here I'm wondering if there's a way we can access the opposite version of the city in these games. Well, is there?

Geekachu
27th March 2011, 9:27 PM
I've seen the Black Opelucid and I don't really like it because it just feels too futuristic and really out of context

But I really love Nuvema Town- deffo the best- there's so much to do there!

Nah, although I do like the Sea Front to the South. Castelia's obviously one favourite because for me it's the first place in the Pokemon World that feels like a big bustling city and the graphics are brilliant

I also like the Village Bridge and the music for Undella Town, I need to go to Undella in Summer because I reckon it would be awesome

White Forest is alright despite the fact there's not actually much to do there apart from catch, and to the North it's a bit boring since it's just two rows of trees

I also like Striaton and Nacrene because, there's something about them which makes me like them

I was also wondering when looking at the Subway map today, there's a Subway Line (purple) which goes down right to the Southwest of Unova. They should've put another town there or area to go.

Nima
28th March 2011, 2:42 AM
I'd have to say the music in Driftveil is really good :D
but.. white forest is really huge 0-0, i thought it would be smaller and have multiple rooms kind of like the Safari zone in the past games.

Grovyl
28th March 2011, 2:56 AM
-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White? I really like Driftveil City for some reason, or Castelia. I like Mistralton City's name though.
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?: Icirrus City sucked, but I liked Brycen.
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities? Haven't played.
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added? More interaction in all the cities, maybe a newspaper.

pyroecstacy
18th April 2011, 8:04 AM
i like ocpeulid city the best

Zibdas
18th April 2011, 1:59 PM
I'm jealous of the Opelucied from black. All techno and upbeat.

Pokemon Trainer Blue
18th April 2011, 2:02 PM
I'm jealous of the Opelucied from black. All techno and upbeat.I'm actually jealous of Whites, the music is so calm and relaxing, like something from HGSS. I also like the way the interiors are designed.

Lorde
18th April 2011, 6:16 PM

I've seen Black's Opelucid City way too often to really find it charming anymore. I still like it I guess, but I'm not blown away by it like I was a few weeks ago when I arrived there. I really wish that we could access the opposite version's Opelucid City. I heard that you could do just that by obtaining a Pokemon with Charge from the opposite version, but I already did that and nothing changed.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 6:50 PM
How does one invite someone to Black City?

trfan
18th April 2011, 6:52 PM
So annoyed about Black City, it's literally empty apart from a Pokemon Center just because I took too long getting there. Sorry for having a life???

I<3 You
18th April 2011, 8:06 PM
haha tell me about it... I just closed my ds instead of turning it off and had like 100 hours before I got there, had to use my bros white to populate it

PokemonOwn
18th April 2011, 8:12 PM
How does one invite someone to Black City?

You have to ask people in another person's White Forest to come.

grey-beard
18th April 2011, 8:48 PM
You have to ask people in another person's White Forest to come.

But what happens if they have played the game the way it's supposed to be played (catching Pokemon on the way etc), so their Forest is also empty of people?

Does anyone know just how fast DO you have to sprint through the game to get a populated City/Forest?

I just have to say this: I am really, Really, REALLY DISAPPOINTED with Black City. It has pretty much spoiled the game for me. How many agree with me?

Nibbles4Ever
18th April 2011, 8:52 PM
My favorite city in black and white is probably Nimbasa city because of the cool theme park. My favorite area is the white forest because it's so natural. I hate black city XP

NorthernLord
18th April 2011, 8:57 PM
But what happens if they have played the game the way it's supposed to be played (catching Pokemon on the way etc), so their Forest is also empty of people?

Does anyone know just how fast DO you have to sprint through the game to get a populated City/Forest?

I just have to say this: I am really, Really, REALLY DISAPPOINTED with Black City. It has pretty much spoiled the game for me. How many agree with me?

I was quite disappointed too, as I had spent 80 hours on my game before I got there. Additionally I have only one friend who has white, and thus I only got like 8 inhabitants to move into the city. I think Black city reminds me a little about the horrible HGSS safari zone.
But I didn't let the disappointment spoil the game.

IatosHaunted
18th April 2011, 9:55 PM

I'm not. I feel like White's Opelucid fit better, as we already had two huge cities and some small towns, it was nice to see a larger but more rustic city. Also, the music in White is better in my opinion, by far.

pokemon player
18th April 2011, 10:09 PM
my fave has to be undella town - at least i think its a town!
least fave has to be nacrene city - its very... ...bland.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 10:20 PM
No I am not gonna ask people who have White to populate the area.
I don't want any country bumpkins in the city.
My mom is one of those so I've had enough of that.

Lorde
18th April 2011, 10:56 PM
So annoyed about Black City, it's literally empty apart from a Pokemon Center just because I took too long getting there. Sorry for having a life???

Really? I thought that the city would be larger the longer it took you to get there. At least that's what I heard a long time ago. I guess this explains why my Black City was totally empty when I got there a few weeks ago. I thought that maybe I had accidently messed with the time, but I guess it was just empty since it took me a while to get there. I really dislike the whole "having-to-link-with-people-wirelessly" thing. I get that it promotes connectivity and all that good stuff, but it's still frustrating when there isn't anyone around you with another game.

*IZ*
18th April 2011, 10:57 PM
I still dont have wild pokemon in my white forest so its pretty pointless.

trfan
18th April 2011, 11:13 PM
Really? I thought that the city would be larger the longer it took you to get there. At least that's what I heard a long time ago. I guess this explains why my Black City was totally empty when I got there a few weeks ago. I thought that maybe I had accidently messed with the time, but I guess it was just empty since it took me a while to get there. I really dislike the whole "having-to-link-with-people-wirelessly" thing. I get that it promotes connectivity and all that good stuff, but it's still frustrating when there isn't anyone around you with another game.

Yeah, apparently if you take a little too game just deletes everyone from the city, worst part is its intentional. Seriously, Game Freak? Seriously.

WishIhadaManafi5
19th April 2011, 12:04 AM
I was quite disappointed too, as I had spent 80 hours on my game before I got there. Additionally I have only one friend who has white, and thus I only got like 8 inhabitants to move into the city. I think Black city reminds me a little about the horrible HGSS safari zone.
But I didn't let the disappointment spoil the game.

At least with that, people could make without having to be on wireless. /facepalm... way to go Nintendo :D. They've outdone themselves in the worthless catagory there. How many people can people run into to fill up the forest... let's see, for a lot of us... not a lot.

Geekachu
3rd May 2011, 5:54 PM
I've visited White Forest every day to keep the people there (although I lost a- no- THE pond). However now I really can't be bothered, I've caught all the Pokemon there and the items I find on the ground are far inferior to the ones you can buy in Black City :/

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 6:07 PM
I was EXTREMELY disappointed with Black City/White Forrest. I expected Black City to be as almost has lively as Castelia City, and White Forrest to be almost as vast as Viridian Forrest. I guess I was wrong

Adrexus
3rd May 2011, 7:52 PM
Well, I will say that i'm a little disappointed with white forest. (Haven't been to black city yet) It seems like there would be more to do. I can't wait to get to black city because I've seen a couple videos on that and it looks interesting. But I do have Both Black and White plus two DS systems so at least i'll be able to enjoy them to their full extent. Also is it true that you can't do it over wifi but only through local wireless?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 7:59 PM
Trust me, black city is not that great either

AgentBonkers
3rd May 2011, 8:33 PM
I hate this feature SO SO SO much.

Dear gamefreak: some of us have lives. You know jobs, social commitments, class, whatever. Expecting people to be able to play the game and refight the same trainers EVERY DAY is ridiculous. :/

So yeah, my black city is empty right now. Hoping to temporarily fix it once i play through my white and can do stuff since I gave 2 consoles, but...im sure they'll both go to hell again eventually even if I do because...well, see above.

Worst feature idea ever.

edit: slightly misread thread title ranting about black city/white forest specifically

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 8:37 PM
I hate this feature SO SO SO much.

Dear gamefreak: some of us have lives. You know jobs, social commitments, class, whatever./
10 year olds, who this game is targeted towards, don't have anything of the sorts

AgentBonkers
3rd May 2011, 8:39 PM
10 year olds, who this game is targeted towards, don't have anything of the sorts

lol, don't they still have like...school, and parents who can take away their DS as punishment, that kind of thing?

also, gamefreak should know a good portion of its player base is not, in fact, ten :[

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 8:41 PM
lol, don't they still have like...school, and parents who can take away their DS as punishment, that kind of thing?

also, gamefreak should know a good portion of its player base is not, in fact, ten :[

Not a good portion, only like 30%. And gamefreak doesn't really give a crap about us, only the 10 year olds. But yeah, I agree with you though that how many trainers the city has shouldn't be determined about how quickly you get there

AgentBonkers
3rd May 2011, 8:46 PM
Not a good portion, only like 30%. And gamefreak doesn't really give a crap about us, only the 10 year olds. But yeah, I agree with you though that how many trainers the city has shouldn't be determined about how quickly you get there

its not only that though, though that was annoying too. what really gets me is that after you get there, you have to continue going back and fighting everyone *daily* or else it ALL disappears, even buildings. :/

Lorde
3rd May 2011, 8:47 PM
The Black City/White Forest feature is really quite ridiculous. If you don't get there fast enough, the cities just empty out. I don't think that's fair. They should've allowed the cities to remain intact for the most part. Then you could connect with a friend to make the location expand. It would all be optional and it wouldn't force people to find others with the opposite game/purchase another game. But this is Game Freak we're talking about, so I guess it isn't too surprising that they've created a feature like this. It's all about the Benjamins :rolleyes:

Witchan
3rd May 2011, 8:49 PM
I like Castelia City since it has everything, but you could end up getting lost sometimes like I did on my first try of Pokemon White.

My least favorite is Iccurius City. It's plain and not interested at all unless you like game shows.

I don't think there's a comparison between the cities of Sinnoh and Unova since they all look different, but Hearthome City and Castelia City could be a similar comparsion since they're larger than the rest of the cities in their respective regions.

The creators should've added more battles in each and every city, but at least you can battle the trainers inside the two stadiums once a day.

If every city changes in a possible future remake, then that's good news.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
3rd May 2011, 8:57 PM
its not only that though, though that was annoying too. what really gets me is that after you get there, you have to continue going back and fighting everyone *daily* or else it ALL disappears, even buildings. :/

It does!? Well that's just stupid

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 12:57 AM
The Black City/White Forest feature is really quite ridiculous. If you don't get there fast enough, the cities just empty out. I don't think that's fair. They should've allowed the cities to remain intact for the most part. Then you could connect with a friend to make the location expand. It would all be optional and it wouldn't force people to find others with the opposite game/purchase another game. But this is Game Freak we're talking about, so I guess it isn't too surprising that they've created a feature like this. It's all about the Benjamins :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll take this feature away with Grey Suburb :p

Lorde
4th May 2011, 1:10 AM
Maybe they'll take this feature away with Grey Suburb :p

They better. My Black City is totally vacant and I hate it. There's just nothing there apart from the Pokemon Center. I find it ironic that they built a city yet nobody lives there. It's just really depressing. I do love the music, though. That's really the only reason I visit Black City these days. But yeah. I just remembered that my White Forest was also pretty empty when I got there, except that there was a small house. I wish Black City had a small house as well. It wouldn't feel as empty that way :[

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 1:14 AM
I think it's depressing on purpose because it is a city ridden with pollution, so it has repelled dwellers

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 2:07 AM
I think it's depressing on purpose because it is a city ridden with pollution, so it has repelled dwellers

Who said it's polluted? I never got that impression when I first walked into Black City.

bulber
4th May 2011, 2:11 AM
I like Castelia City since it has everything, but you could end up getting lost sometimes like I did on my first try of Pokemon White.

My least favorite is Iccurius City. It's plain and not interested at all unless you like game shows.

I don't think there's a comparison between the cities of Sinnoh and Unova since they all look different, but Hearthome City and Castelia City could be a similar comparsion since they're larger than the rest of the cities in their respective regions.

The creators should've added more battles in each and every city, but at least you can battle the trainers inside the two stadiums once a day.

If every city changes in a possible future remake, then that's good news.

Uhh, the thread it "Black City", not "Pokemon Black's cities."

pkmnfn
4th May 2011, 3:17 AM
I agree with all that's said above. They should just let you do the same thing, except rebattle every day and let the counter go down once a week. also probably have a set number for the # of people in the city the first time you go there.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 3:25 AM
Who said it's polluted? I never got that impression when I first walked into Black City.
I'm pretty sure they establish that the city is polluted. I think either a bunch of people in the Pokemon center say it, or the signs

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 3:26 AM
Well, I've never noticed that, and if it has been established, I don't understand it. It looks like a perfectly clean city to me. Besides, I don't see why you walking into the city and battling people would change a pollution problem. Do you come in and clean the whole town as you walk in or something? Because that's the only connection I could make to why not visiting the town = people leaving due to pollution.

Ememew
4th May 2011, 3:34 AM

Even 10 year-olds have other commitments (some have sports/other extracurricular activities like music practice), homework, friends that they might want to play with in a non-videogame activity . . . Even so, if they want to take a break for a while and return to it later, the city's timer will have counted down in the process.

Anyway, the fact that the Black City/White Forest can empty out before you even get there seems pretty detrimental to younger players who may take longer to play through. Or if they want to take their time to enjoy the game rather than hurry through.

I figure there should be at least some in-game way to "reset" the city/forest (or whatever the third game has) in the event that it empties other than restarting and playing through again or hoping you have another game around with a non-empty city/forest.

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 3:36 AM
the city/forest (or whatever the third game has)

We've gone over this, it's clearly going to be a suburb.

sasukeanditachi
4th May 2011, 3:37 AM
Uhh, the thread it "Black City", not "Pokemon Black's cities."

Maybe if you are going to reply you should read the first post

"This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?"

So the thread is Pokemon White/Black's Cities, not Black City.

That's a toughy, Looks/attraction wise I would pick Castelia, but I love the lore about Kyurem in Lacunosa Town.

That would have to be one of Icirrus City or Opelucid City

I like the cities of BW a lot more, but it is probably biased as I am not a big fan of gen 4.

Nothing Really, other then a place where you can rebattle the gym leaders, and I like having all the gym leaders standing around in one room(like the dojo in HG/SS

Just adding something like the dojo in HG/SS with the rematches

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 3:38 AM
Well, I've never noticed that, and if it has been established, I don't understand it. It looks like a perfectly clean city to me. Besides, I don't see why you walking into the city and battling people would change a pollution problem. Do you come in and clean the whole town as you walk in or something? Because that's the only connection I could make to why not visiting the town = people leaving due to pollution.

Black City is supposed to be a cliche of cities that are taken over by greed, which causes pollution

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 3:40 AM
Black City is supposed to be a cliche of cities that are taken over by greed, which causes pollution

I understand that, but what I still don't understand is why people would leave a city because you don't battle them, if the real problem is pollution, something totally unrelated. If the pollution was so horrible in Black City, why wouldn't the trainers just get out of there regardless of if some random guy walks into your city, comes up to you and asks you for a battle?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 3:45 AM
I understand that, but what I still don't understand is why people would leave a city because you don't battle them, if the real problem is pollution, something totally unrelated. If the pollution was so horrible in Black City, why wouldn't the trainers just get out of there regardless of if some random guy walks into your city, comes up to you and asks you for a battle?

I dunno that was just my theory. And I wasn't saying that that's what causes trainers to leave, but someone said the city is really depressing and I said it is deliberately depressing

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 3:46 AM
I dunno that was just my theory

The theory would make sense, it just doesn't add up with the actual reason the trainers in the city keep on leaving them - because you don't battle them.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 3:48 AM
The theory would make sense, it just doesn't add up with the actual reason the trainers in the city keep on leaving them - because you don't battle them.

Read my edited post

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 3:49 AM
Doesn't really make much of a difference, though, it still stands that pollution probably isn't the problem.

lucario beast
4th May 2011, 3:50 AM
well i like black city better but i dont like it that the trainers disepear if you dont battle them hpefully they fix this fixure in grey

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 3:55 AM
Doesn't really make much of a difference, though, it still stands that pollution probably isn't the problem.

You're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying pollution is what causes the trainers to leave

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 3:57 AM

"This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

That's a toughy, Looks/attraction wise I would pick Castelia, but I love the lore about Kyurem in Lacunosa Town.

That would have to be one of Icirrus City or Opelucid City

I like the cities of BW a lot more, but it is probably biased as I am not a big fan of gen 4.

Nothing Really, other then a place where you can rebattle the gym leaders, and I like having all the gym leaders standing around in one room(like the dojo in HG/SS

Just adding something like the dojo in HG/SS with the rematches

Oh my god, you're right. I also thought this was for the physical Black City. Well, then, now I feel stupid... :redface:

Also, EA, I re-read your original post and I understand what you mean now.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 3:59 AM
Oh my god, you're right. I also thought this was for the physical Black City. Well, then, now I feel stupid... :redface:

Also, EA, I re-read your original post and I understand what you mean now.

Oh wow I also thought it was for Black City. No wonder why the thread says "Black and White City discussion" instead of "Black City/White Forest Discussion". The title is very misleading, I'm gonna PM a mod.

And good and you're just saying that because you don't want to argue anymore

Ememew
4th May 2011, 4:02 AM

Actually, its a place to discuss the cities of B/W, which includes Black City/White Forest among others. So it's perfectly ok to discuss them here. It isn't about them exclusively, but that doesn't mean you have to exclude them. And to discuss changes you would want to have for the mechanics of the Black City/White Forest/thirdversionlocation for the remake.

EDIT: Sinnoh Champion, while I agree that "Suburb" is a likely third game counterpart to the City/Forest, I referred to it as "whatever the third game has" earlier because the name of said location isn't confirmed yet and I was trying to avoid arguments like the ones that pop up from time to time when people refer to the third game as "Gray" "Crimson" "Brown" or "Cobalt." Just trying to leave the avenue open for whatever it's going to be rather than stating what I think it will be known as.

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 4:03 AM
And good and you're just saying that because you don't want to argue anymore

No, I genuinely did realize that I was misunderstanding you. Trust me, I liked arguing, it increased my post count

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 4:04 AM
Actually, its a place to discuss the cities of B/W, which includes Black City/White Forest among others. So it's perfectly ok to discuss them here. It isn't about them exclusively, but that doesn't mean you have to exclude them.

I know, but it's still misleading. That's why I pmed a mod

Squirtle102
4th May 2011, 4:05 AM
I like Nimbasa city. It very lit up and it has a carnival. What's not to like? I like how the cities have a good 3D like appearance.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 4:08 AM
I like Nimbasa city. It very lit up and it has a carnival. What's not to like? I like how the cities have a good 3D like appearance.

Yeah, Nimbassa was my probably my favourite too. Castelia looked great but I didn't really like the design

ViperQueen
4th May 2011, 4:16 AM
Is there a way to Entra link wifi, there is barely anyone who has pokemon black lol

Lorde
4th May 2011, 6:13 AM
Is there a way to Entra link wifi, there is barely anyone who has pokemon black lol

Nope. Troll Freak Game Freak made it so that you need to use local wireless communications in order to travel to someone else's game on the Entralink. So you need to physically be near a person with the opposite game. You could always buy the opposite version yourself, but that's exactly what Game Freak wants :/

Adrexus
4th May 2011, 6:39 AM
Trust me, black city is not that great either

Was your black city empty when you first got to it? Because I know a lot of people have had that problem. I haven't actually gotten to it myself. I've only seen a video for it. How many houses were you able to enter? Because in the video I saw there was like 3 or 4 different houses to enter. There wasn't a whole lot going on though. But just a few things that caught my interest.

Excitable Boy
4th May 2011, 7:36 AM
Was your black city empty when you first got to it? Because I know a lot of people have had that problem. I haven't actually gotten to it myself. I've only seen a video for it. How many houses were you able to enter? Because in the video I saw there was like 3 or 4 different houses to enter. There wasn't a whole lot going on though. But just a few things that caught my interest.

Black City/White Forest begin the game with ten citizens, and the number decreases the longer they go without being battled/talked to.

The longer it takes you to get there, the less people there will be.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 4:14 PM

There were quite a few buildings, only problem being is that I could only enter like one of them. And there were only three trainers

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 11:05 PM
There were quite a few buildings, only problem being is that I could only enter like one of them. And there were only three trainers

Really? Wow, you must have gotten to Black City pretty slowly. When I got there, all 10 of the trainers were there.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
4th May 2011, 11:08 PM
Really? Wow, you must have gotten to Black City pretty slowly. When I got there, all 10 of the trainers were there.
That's because I was on vacation for a week and I did the sage hunt first

Ropav
4th May 2011, 11:09 PM

I got there pretty fast and still only had 3 trainers.

Excitable Boy
4th May 2011, 11:16 PM
It took me about a week, I think, and I had five in my White Forest.

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 11:18 PM
Hmm... so why was mine full? I'm pretty sure it took me about a week to get to Black City, and when I got there I had 7 trainers (I made a mistake when I said 10)

Hatmaster15
4th May 2011, 11:40 PM
Favourite: Lacunosa Town - Just reminds me of when I went to greece, genarally nice

Least Favourite: White Forest... completely empty. Apart from a guy in the corner who talks about wild pokemon that aren't there. Just annoying that becuase I took a long time to finish so that I could enjoy the game more, my white forest is empty :(

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 11:42 PM
But Lacunosa Town is so boring. I like places that are visually good looking and peaceful, but there's still something to do. Kind of like Undella Town.

Lorde
4th May 2011, 11:43 PM
I didn't have any trainers when I got to Black City. I had heard that tampering with the DS Clock would cause Black City/White Forest to be empty, but I don't recall ever changing the clock. I was really upset when I got there and it was vacant. I find it ironic that the city's slogan is "Prosperous and Vibrant" when there isn't anyone there. The only ones who are prosperous are the people who work at Game Freak since they're making tons of cash by forcing people to buy the opposite game :|

Silent Conversation
4th May 2011, 11:47 PM
I find it ironic that the city's slogan is "Prosperous and Vibrant" when there isn't anyone there.

Well, maybe it was made to be ironic on purpose.

RedMage23
4th May 2011, 11:48 PM
I really don't like the mechanics of White City and Black Forest. I hope the feature is either heavily revamped or replaced entirely in Grey.

manifesto
5th May 2011, 10:51 PM
I really don't like the mechanics of White City and Black Forest. I hope the feature is either heavily revamped or replaced entirely in Grey.

Agreed. Just make it the Battle Frontier and get rid of it.

I mean, my white forest is bustling with people. I like having it so, but I don't like having to visit every day to keep them there. It's really annoying for me since I'm just speaking with them and they don't say anything different to keep it interesting. Not to mention, once you finish catching all the pokemon in there, there's nothing else to do. -___-

Paradoxe
5th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Agreed. Just make it the Battle Frontier and get rid of it.

Let me give you a hug.

I never got to Black City because I gave up before challenging the Elite 4. Anybody wanna explain it to me?

manifesto
5th May 2011, 11:05 PM
Basically, you go there and you fight people every day to keep them there. There is a show in Black City that sells different items to you depending on the people you have in your city. You can get more (but only up to 10 people) by communicating with a friend's White version.

It's nice. But it's a hassle.

If you need more details: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 12:07 AM
Let me give you a hug.

I never got to Black City because I gave up before challenging the Elite 4. Anybody wanna explain it to me?

...Why would you give up?

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 12:28 AM
...Why would you give up?

My Pokemon were under-leveled and I was going to shoot myself if I had to find another Audino.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 12:31 AM
My Pokemon were under-leveled and I was going to shoot myself if I had to find another Audino.

Didn't you use a lucky egg? And what level were your Pokemon?

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 1:00 AM
Yeah, but I just thought one day, "You know what, screw this." Then just walked away.

They were all like Lv. 45.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:13 AM
Yeah, but I just thought one day, "You know what, screw this." Then just walked away.

They were all like Lv. 45.

That was the level of my guys when I battled the elite 4, and I creamed them

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 1:25 AM
Well, shoot. What 6 did you use?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 1:58 AM
Well, shoot. What 6 did you use?

I had a team of 12 and I think the 6 I used was Leavanny, Sigilyph, Jellicent, Galvantula, Krookodile, and I think Emboar

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 2:07 AM
I was gonna use an Emboar, Galvantula, Vullaby, Carracosta, Vanillish & Fraxure/Haxorus. Satisfactory? I'm working on a team right now of Emboar, Galvantula (same ones) Golett, Deino, Frillish & Amoongus. Which one?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 2:25 AM
The second one, there are more advantages against the elite 4. Except you may have trouble with Marshal...

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 2:26 AM
ParadoxWithinAParadox, you have a better type coverage in your first team, plus the Pokemon are better. So I would go with the first team.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 2:30 AM
ParadoxWithinAParadox, you have a better type coverage in your first team, plus the Pokemon are better. So I would go with the first team.

I disagree. His second team has more type advantages against the elite 4

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 2:31 AM
But overall, he has better typing with his first team. Plus, his first team is more powerful and power helps just as much, if not more, as typing does.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 2:33 AM
But overall, he has better typing with his first team. Plus, his first team is more powerful and power helps just as much, if not more, as typing does.

But he's debating which team to use against the elite 4, not play through the entire game. Like against the elite 4 I used two bug types

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 2:34 AM
Well, still, to me I find power to be just as important as typing when it comes to battling anybody.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 2:35 AM
Well, still, to me I find power to be just as important as typing when it comes to battling anybody.

But super effectiveness = power

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 2:55 AM
But general power = good use, but with no restrictions of having to use certain moves and Pokemon. Super effective = limited power.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 2:57 AM
But general power = good use, but with no restrictions of having to use certain moves and Pokemon. Super effective = limited power.

Meh with more things you are super effective against you will have a better chance of winning

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 2:57 AM
I disagree, but then in that case we just have to agree to disagree.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 3:01 AM
I disagree, but then in that case we just have to agree to disagree.

Yeah I suppose.

New topic, how did we get from this thread being about the cities of black and white to talking about what Pokemon Paradox should use in the elite 4?

manifesto
6th May 2011, 3:02 AM
Because he/she had no idea what Black city/white forest were like and you asked him why he/she never got up to them and so you explained to him/her how he would be able to beat the e4 and actually get up to whichever was in his/her game.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 3:02 AM
Because he/she had no idea what Black city/white forest were like and you asked him why he/she never got up to them and so you explained to him how he would be able to beat the e4 and actually get up to whichever was in his/her game.

Oh true, I forgot about that

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 4:18 AM
I'm back. And all I wanted was a simple answer. Geez. And instead of Amoongus, I had Meinfoo, but he's in the Dream World right now. Whoops.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 4:26 AM
I'm back. And all I wanted was a simple answer. Geez.
Oh okay, sorry. But SC and I have valid points, but it is your decision

Paradoxe
6th May 2011, 4:29 AM
I like my 1st team better. I really don't feel like leveling up half my team on the 2nd one.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
6th May 2011, 4:31 AM
I like my 1st team better. I really don't feel like leveling up half my team on the 2nd one.

Yeah I recommend the first team over the second

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:22 PM
I'm back. And all I wanted was a simple answer. Geez.

Well both teams had good and bad things about them. There was no straight answer, and I would have thought you would want to know WHY one team might be better than the other. Guess I was wrong then.

smashbro77
6th May 2011, 11:28 PM
Is it possible to get new trainers in black city if u already have a full amount? I have the full amount but i Plan on not visiting the city for a while and then nviting over differen. People from my cousins game. Would this work or would i need to invite people from someone elses game?

Silent Conversation
6th May 2011, 11:37 PM
If you have 10 people in your Black City, you can't take any more from White Forest.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
7th May 2011, 12:35 AM
I love how we're only talking about Black City and White Forest when this is about all the cities in Black and White.

What's your favourite city? Mine's Nimbassa. Castelia looks good and all, but it has a poor design if you ask me

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure what my favourite city is. Some of my favourites would be Castelia, Nimbasa and Opelucid (in Black) because I really like developed, technological cities.

RedMage23
7th May 2011, 1:30 AM
I like Nimbasa because that's where Elesa lives, and it's where the Gear Station and Sports Stadiums are. Also, the music reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPC8W672mXc

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 1:31 AM
I like Nimbasa because that's where Elesa lives, and it's where the Gear Station and Sports Stadiums are. Also, the music reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPC8W672mXc

I can vaguely hear the resemblance, but it's not really something I could come up with myself.

Paradoxe
7th May 2011, 1:32 AM
I like Nuvema. It's so hipster, it doesn't have a Pokemon Center.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 1:34 AM
Of course, all the cool people know that Your Mother > Pokemon Center any day.

Lorde
7th May 2011, 1:35 AM
I don't have a favorite city anymore to be honest. I used to like Castelia City, but I've gotten bored of it. Nimbasa City is pretty cool, and from what I've heard, it has the largest population of any city in the franchise. That's pretty awesome. I tend to hang out around there often since the sport stadiums have a lot to offer. I guess it's the closest thing to my favorite city.

Paradoxe
7th May 2011, 1:44 AM
Of course, all the cool people know that Your Mother > Pokemon Center any day.

Don't you be talkin' bout my momma!

I like Nimbasa, too, but only for the musicals.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:41 AM
My favorite city is ParadoxWithinaParadox's mom as well...oh wai-

Anywho, I really like the Village Bridge. I know it's not a fly spot. But it's probably the coolest place in the game. Also, the music in the place when you have the full band going reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender which is pretty awesome since I love that show.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:42 AM
Village Bridge is a boring place to actually be in, but all the adds on to the music redeem it.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:47 AM
I like training there, while it's like Lacunosa Town where there's nothing to really do I just like the music and the atmosphere of the area. It's all rustic and pretty looking and you can go around the river and stuff.

Silent Conversation
7th May 2011, 5:48 AM
At least you can battle and Surf around at Village Bridge. Better than Lacunosa Town that does nothing. At all.

manifesto
7th May 2011, 5:54 AM
Agreed, and they have that sammich mini game. :D

hawkmbl
9th May 2011, 2:02 AM
I like Castellia city, but I also like Undella town.

shotdown911
9th May 2011, 2:07 AM
I like Castellia city, but I also like Undella town.

I stop caring about Undella Town after the Riches, besides Cynthia.

lucario beast
9th May 2011, 2:15 AM
i like nimbasa city great music the stadiams my fav city in all the games

Lorde
9th May 2011, 2:18 AM

Same here, although I don't care much about Cynthia myself. I only went to Undella Town before the Riches gave out tons of cash after I battled them. I also used to go there so that I could dive into Undella Bay, but I got bored of exploring the Abyssal Ruins, so I haven't gone back. Undella Town is just depressing during Winter and Spring.

Silent Conversation
9th May 2011, 2:32 AM

Well at least it has different activities you can do. It's better than Anville Town, which only has an activity twice a week, or Lacunosa Town which has nothing.

Grei
9th May 2011, 3:35 AM
Nimbasa City is pretty cool, and from what I've heard, it has the largest population of any city in the franchise. That's pretty awesome.

Only because of the Battle Subway. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain Castelia's got Nimbasa beat.

Silent Conversation
9th May 2011, 3:53 AM
Only because of the Battle Subway. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain Castelia's got Nimbasa beat.

And the Sport Domes. The athletes and all the fans count as part of the population.

CaptainBrain
9th May 2011, 4:11 AM
Village Bridge is one of my favorite places in the game. I love the music, and of course the singing. I like to train there and play the sandwich game. It's nice how the music doesn't change to the surfing theme there, too. The atmosphere of the place just does something for me, I guess.

Paradoxe
9th May 2011, 4:16 AM
Is there actually any purpose for the Marvelous Bridge?

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
9th May 2011, 4:22 AM

Ehh. No. I don't mean to sound a bit arrogant, but I was the one who counted the population for all the Unova cities for Bulbapedia. I didn't think people would find a city's population size to be fascinating.

Every citizens roaming outside in the city, people in buildings, including the gym, gates, Pokecenter are all counted. Nimbasa City has a population of 150, surpassing Castelia City's 130. Including the sport domes in Nimbasa, it would be a total of 239.

And this is without including the Battle Subway because it is not a permanent spot.

So Nimbasa's large population is not due to the Battle Subway.

SilverSoulLugia
9th May 2011, 2:14 PM
Well, I'm gonna sound so different here, but my favourite city (should be town...) is actually Iccirus. Because of the music and the ice in winter. I've always enjoyed sliding around on ice in the Pokemon games, so to be able to do it in a city and not a cave is great! Oh, and I love the little dance the townspeople have. It's fun to stand in the centre and join in. XD

Least favourite? Hmm... Striaton, simply because of its music. Oh, and Anville town. They could have given it a FEW more activities.

Validus
9th May 2011, 5:29 PM
i don't really have a favorite city. i just fly around and take what i want from each as i go.. Nimbasa might become the fav though i'm going to check out the stadiums.

my least fav is Black city... it's completely empty...

Silent Conversation
9th May 2011, 11:20 PM
Is there actually any purpose for the Marvelous Bridge?

You can get the EV boosting wings, the Shadow Triad gives you the three Sinnoh trio orbs, and you can play the Patrat game there once a day for a Big Mushroom.

RedMage23
10th May 2011, 12:28 AM
You can get the EV boosting wings, the Shadow Triad gives you the three Sinnoh trio orbs, and you can play the Patrat game there once a day for a Big Mushroom.

Also you can catch Swanna there, and that's where the Magikarp salesman is.

Silent Conversation
10th May 2011, 12:40 AM
Also you can catch Swanna there, and that's where the Magikarp salesman is.

True, I forgot about the Magikarp salesman (I didn't mention Swanna because I don't like it and honestly don't think that catching it there constitutes as a "purpose" for the bridge)

Endoplasmic Reticulum
10th May 2011, 5:42 PM
God there are so many bridges in Unova, I often get confused between the names of them all

Grey Wind
10th May 2011, 5:57 PM
Well, I'm gonna sound so different here, but my favourite city (should be town...) is actually Iccirus. Because of the music and the ice in winter. I've always enjoyed sliding around on ice in the Pokemon games, so to be able to do it in a city and not a cave is great! Oh, and I love the little dance the townspeople have. It's fun to stand in the centre and join in. XD

Least favourite? Hmm... Striaton, simply because of its music. Oh, and Anville town. They could have given it a FEW more activities.
I know, I love Iccirus. I always find an excuse to fly there.
And I went to Anville twice ever I think. So pointless, but the Battle Frontier will probably be there in Grey.

Lucas.G
10th May 2011, 6:03 PM
I liked Unova cities, I am not used to the names yet.
I think Castelia City is the counterpart of Goldenrod or Juffible cities

Endoplasmic Reticulum
10th May 2011, 6:23 PM
Yeah I love the cities in Unova because after Castelia they all got some unique feel towards them. I'm not fond of Nuvema, Accumula, Striaton, and Nacrene though

Silent Conversation
10th May 2011, 11:18 PM
God there are so many bridges in Unova, I often get confused between the names of them all

There's not that many. There is Skyarrow Bridge taking you to central Unova, and from then on there are just four bridges in each corner:

-Driftveil Drawbridge (bottom left)
-Tubeline Bridge (top left)
-Village Bridge (top right)
-Marvellous Bridge (bottom right)

And I just did that without looking at Pokearth or anything like that, so it's really not that confusing.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
10th May 2011, 11:24 PM
That's still quite a bit, and I always get Tubeline and Marvellous bridge's names confused

Lorde
10th May 2011, 11:27 PM
The bridges are probably Unova's best feature IMO. I usually use them to hatch eggs quickly, but I also admired their beauty. I was confused about Village Bridge for a while, though. I thought that it also qualified as a town since there are houses on it. Anyway, I think that Village Bridge is much more interesting than Lucanosa Town. I rarely fly there anymore since there isn't much to do. Well, I guess I'll be back one day, once I've transferred Shaymin over.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
10th May 2011, 11:28 PM
Yeah I guess but I still think there is too many of them

Silent Conversation
10th May 2011, 11:29 PM
That's still quite a bit, and I always get Tubeline and Marvellous bridge's names confused

I just remember that Marvellous Bridge is post Elite 4, so I don't confuse it with any of the pre Elite 4 bridges, and obviously don't confuse it with Village Bridge because that one is, well, the bridge with the village.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
10th May 2011, 11:35 PM
I just remember that Marvellous Bridge is post Elite 4, so I don't confuse it with any of the pre Elite 4 bridges, and obviously don't confuse it with Village Bridge because that one is, well, the bridge with the village.

Skyarrow and Village Bridge are easy to remember. So is Drifveil because of its name despite being very similar to Marvelous and Turbeline. I just forgot the name of Turbeline and forgot which one is which

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 5:45 AM
The way I remember which one is Marvellous Bridge is because I always remember that Marvellous Bridge has the Patrat game, and the Patrat game is on the last bridge you see if you go through post Elite 4 starting at Opelucid instead of Nimbasa.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 5:58 AM
Now I know the differences between Tubeline and Marvelous. I'm just saying it's easy to mix the two up

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 5:59 AM
Yeah, and I was just saying that I disagree, and I don't find them easy to mix up at all.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:00 AM
Well you have that trick. I on the other hand just thought of both of them as two random bridges that connect one route to another

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:01 AM
I just also always remember that Marvellous Bridge is that post-game one that isn't Village Bridge.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
14th May 2011, 6:04 AM
Well I know which bridge is which, I just got the names mixed up.

Silent Conversation
14th May 2011, 6:05 AM
Well, if you have the names of the bridges mixed up, then clearly you don't know which bridge is which.

Grey Wind
14th May 2011, 1:18 PM
The bridges (aside from Skyarrow and Village) felt like more of an excuse to shorten the routes. Although I loved Village Bridge.

Zuzu14
14th May 2011, 1:21 PM
I found Castelia City really lackluster. So much more could have been done with it.. a wasted opportunity. I enjoyed Nimbasa City though, but disliked Opelucid City, but that could be due to the design in got in White.

Grey Wind
14th May 2011, 3:00 PM
Yeah, Castelia could have gotten a lot more. There's not much there, just loads of buildings that are pretty pointless.
I still love it though.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 4:04 PM
Mhm, Castelia City had a lot of potential, but... was sort of wasted. There's more to do in Nimbasa.