PDA

View Full Version : Different Typing

Skyliner
14th March 2011, 7:38 PM
I'm still kind of new to this, so here.
http://i55.*******.com/2vae71c.jpg

Grovyl
14th March 2011, 8:26 PM
These are only recolors. Look at the Abomasnow, you could at least add some flames or something to him. Electivire and Scizor are the worst, they both still look like their own type. You would need to add/take out some features if you want it to be a retyping. Other than that if it were a recolor it looks very good other than the Gengar. Gengar's shadow at the bottom looks too dark and I can't see any outline in his leg because the Shadow is too dark.

Electricbluewolf
14th March 2011, 8:46 PM
Grovyls' right- these are just simple recolors.

Electivire- If you do a bit of splicing, like putting Ivysaurs whips on his back, it would look more like a grass type. You can still tell he is an eletric type by the two poles sticking out of him. Try getting rid of them and replacing them (with example that I said, maybe)

Abomasnow- This doesn't really work. The yellow is to strong against the red, and makes it look 'cheap'. Try using just on set of colors-either red or yellow, with different shades in that. Also, you haven't recolored his eyes, so they're still colored as 'cold'.

Gengar- This one doesn't look like 'Water'-it just looks like his shiny form. Look at Vaporeon and Gyrados-they have light blue colors, and bright eyes. Try doing that, and adding some water underneath him maybe. You've also missed some purple outline-recoloring in darkblue should solve this :)

Nidoking- This one is alright, it just looks a bit plain. I would try to use more silverly colors, as at the moment it is 'grey' so maybe a lighter tone would do? His right ear (the one darker) it also too dark, and doesn't match the rest of the color scheme.

Torkoal- I see you've used Weezing/Koffings colors for the 'smoke'. That's a good choice, but you could have made 'puff balls' out of the poison, to further show it is a poison type.

Scizor- This one, like Grovyl said, looks like it's own type. Add some lightning coming from his claws or wings, liven him up a little.

Overall, they're very good recolors-and you've not used the standard paint colors (Most people do) so thats good. Try adding a bit more detail-then that way you'll be able to tell the type straight away.

Lucas.G
14th March 2011, 8:50 PM
They arent so good, the only one that is good is Abomasnow

bones090
14th March 2011, 9:04 PM
As said before, these are just recolors. You need to add more, like fire to Abomasnow (like that of Emboar), more of a shine and a feel of steel to Nidoking, etc.

Make sure that in future, the thread title follows the content or viseversa.

Skyliner
15th March 2011, 9:01 PM
Like I said I'm new to this.

I'll see what I can do.