PDA

View Full Version : Do You use HM slaves?

Pages : [1] 2

Typhlosionvsworld
15th March 2011, 12:57 AM
i do. Remember that HM slaves are only on your team for HM use. to list all of them, this is my complete list:

Hoot-Hoot - Noctowl: SS, HM Fly
Wooper: SS, HM Surf and Whirlpool
Geodude - Graveler: Pt, HM Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength
Buizel - Floatzel: Pt, HM Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall
Bidoof: Pt, HM Cut, Rock Smash, Strength
Shellos: Pt, HM Surf
Geodude: Pt, Hm Rock Smash
Poliwag - Poliwhirl - Poliwrath: SS, Hm Strength and HM Waterfall

locomo
15th March 2011, 12:59 AM
NOPE. I have 1 flier, and 1 surfer, only because those are not only good moves, but probally the most used HM's ill use in the game. Any other HM, then ill dig out my (Normal type rodent thing from each generation... Rattatta, Sentret, Zizagoon, Bibarel, Patrat)

Typhlosionvsworld
15th March 2011, 1:01 AM
The only Hm slave in Pt I use is my Floatzel. Usually if something is on my team I am training it, but I used a lot of them in the past

Astral Shadow
15th March 2011, 1:29 AM
Furret
Surf
Whirpool
Strength
Cut

Gyarados
Waterfall

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
15th March 2011, 1:29 AM
Fly is not a useful move, why would it be? 90 power in two turns? Aerial Ace can do 120 power in two.

Anyways:

I have my HM's on various Pokemon that I slap around, but usually just one or two at a time.

xbinox
15th March 2011, 1:40 AM
My hm slave is my mew, Fly, Strength, Waterfall, Cut :')

Cynic
15th March 2011, 2:40 AM
I do! I've always got a pidgey in my party for fly xD

Just a lone pidgey that flies me... Everywhere... I'll go to the Elite Four and all of my pokemon but the pidgey will die and my soul will shrivel :'( She does so much for me...

Canto
15th March 2011, 3:11 AM
I always used and HM Slave with Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb (DPPt)/Whirlpool (HGSS).

Wujawak
15th March 2011, 3:18 AM
I used a Rampardos in Diamond with Cut, Surf, Strength, and Rock Climb
I just like how it can somehow use surf

OMG potatoes
15th March 2011, 3:53 AM
Ruby- Waillord with Strength, Waterfall, Dive, and Surf
Firered - Lapras with Waterfall, Surf, Strength, and Rock smash
Soulsilver - Slowbro with Waterfall, Surf, Strength, and Rock smash

Mei
15th March 2011, 4:01 AM
Quagsire: Surf, Waterfall

Graveler: Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb

And I've always got a Staraptor in my party for Fly.

Camcam
15th March 2011, 4:59 AM
i usually have a marill or something for the water hms other than surf, my water pokemon always has that.
Bibarel for Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, and Rock Climb
and a spare starly for Defog.

crystalzapdos
15th March 2011, 6:28 AM
Before I go into an area, I see what HMs I need. I usually have Surf and Fly on my team, but for the rest I use:

Bibarel:
Rock Smash
Waterfall
Rock Climb
Strenth

Tropis:
Defog
Cut
----
----

Serebii!
15th March 2011, 7:02 AM
Once I have completed the game, I usually have a water pokemon knowing Surf and a HM slave with Fly and some other moves

Darkmaster Rannon
15th March 2011, 7:11 AM
A surfer and a flyer are always on my team- The flyer tends to be made into a total HM slave and is usually a legendary if I can manage to snag one off the GTS for nothing.

locomo
15th March 2011, 7:13 AM
Fly is not a useful move, why would it be? 90 power in two turns? Aerial Ace can do 120 power in two.

Anyways:

I have my HM's on various Pokemon that I slap around, but usually just one or two at a time.

This is very true. I dont like fly for this reason. Surf is good, good power, good acuracy.

But strength is decent too, if you want a neutral 80 base power move

DDD1234
15th March 2011, 3:56 PM
My HM Slaves are:
Noctowl (First poke caught): Fly
Machamp: Rock Smash, Headbutt, Rock Climb, Strength
Lapras: Rock Smash, Surf, Waterfall, Whirpool
Raticate (Saved me in the 3rd gym!) : Cut

Winter02
15th March 2011, 10:00 PM
I do use HM slaves for most playtroughs, but not when it comes to Fly and Surf, I like to have these moves on my team members instead. Bibarel was often used in 4th generation since it could learn many HMs, and I used to use Gyarados for Waterfall and Whirlpool.

MeiChama
16th March 2011, 2:08 AM
Yeah. I used Bibarel for pretty much surf, strength, and rock smash.

cockatoo777
16th March 2011, 4:31 PM
Sandshrew rules the pile as land-use HM slave:
CUT
ROCK SMASH
STRENGTH
some atk I can't rmbr

Wailmer rocks too:
SURF
WATERFALL
DIVE
some atk I can't rmbr

Oh wait...those were my R/S/E HM slaves :P (In D/P, I only used Onix and Gyradoes)

Mister_SGG
16th March 2011, 4:42 PM
I only use slaves every so often. White was amazing when it came to how frequent HMs were used.
One of the hardest things for me is selecting a decent Pokemon that can learn Fly... I hate wasting a spot for a useless Flying-type. Again, 5th Gen came through and gave me Golurk.
All in all, I usually swap them to and from my party, but I try to include one Surfer and Fly-er.

Aquarelle
17th March 2011, 4:41 AM
I have HM slaves for everything except Surf, since I always have a Pokemon on my team with that move.

On Platinum, my slaves are Tropius and Bibarel. Tropius is mainly used for Fly, while Bibarel is usually for Rock Climb. I don't really use the other HMs that much.

On HGSS, I use Farfetch'd, Gyarados, and Snorlax. Farfetch'd is for Fly and Cut, Gyarados is for the water HMs, and Snorlax is mainly for Rock Climb.

Paradoxe
17th March 2011, 6:35 AM
In Black, I actually have a practical Flier and Surfer.
Carracosta and Vullaby FTW!

Myowu
17th March 2011, 6:41 AM
Yup, got a HM slave in lotsa my games. For black I found a Golduck to cover a good chunk of em

Venomrec
17th March 2011, 6:42 AM
Yea i used to but i now have each pokemon know an hm. I think they should have hm's removed & replace it with tools for your adventurer, example: rock smash you'd have a pick axe to break it. In someway they can implement it as a touch screen manuver.

Dark Exxod
17th March 2011, 8:44 AM
Yeah,I've used "HM slaves" in all my games.In SoulSilver,I had my shiny Gyrados know Surf,Waterfall,Rock Smash,and Strength.White,I used a Basculin for Cut,Waterfall,Surf,and Dive;the other HMs fit well with my actuall team,Fly I taught to my Braviary,and Strength to Golurk.

All in all,I'm a bit sick of HMs.It seems like you have to conform your team for them,and it's sickening.

artbomber_97
17th March 2011, 10:09 AM
Yes, of course. I use Bibarel. Bibarel FTW!

SoulSilverMstr411
17th March 2011, 12:32 PM
I try not to. But at best a 3rd of HMs are worth using in battle. I'm glad B/W changes the use of HMs.

Nebbio
18th March 2011, 9:53 PM
I use them lots. I use Bibarael and Aggron sometimes.

Rezzo
18th March 2011, 10:19 PM

It's useful in-game, considering that your opponents don't have the intelligence to switch out during the turn you are flying. It also makes you invulnerable to most attacks, so it comes in quite handy in fact.

Forretress Fan
20th March 2011, 8:14 PM
I used my Bidoof to slave all my HMs I despised to have on my main team.

THDUDEISHE
20th March 2011, 8:22 PM
the best fly slave in the game is volcanrola. it has flame body, which lets eggs hatch at 2x speed. I have been waiting for a flier with flame body since 3rd gen :)

Minchi Cinccino
20th March 2011, 8:33 PM
I once used a Bibarel, a Shellos, and a Staraptor for my HM slaves. My Infernape did Cut and Rock Smash.

Now I use Patrat for Cut and Tympole for Surf. My Pidove is my flyer.

ShadowSplash
20th March 2011, 8:35 PM
Unfortunately, yes. I always have some Groudon/Normal/Dragon type that can learn Strength, Rock Climb, and hopefully Waterfall/Whirlpool. Usually I'll find one of my team mates that's for Surf and Fly, so it works out pretty well.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll always have someone for HM labor.

SilverSoulLugia
20th March 2011, 8:58 PM
Yep, and it's usually a Gyarados. Noctowl in D/P, for Defog and Fly, and the other HMs just spread across my team. Don't have one for White, and it's a niiiiiice feeling. ^^

ashgirl92
20th March 2011, 9:57 PM
Yes, I normally have a HM slave or two. I don't really like it, but most of the moves are awful to teach to my main team. (Except for surf) I believe I have a normal type (Bidoof) a ground/rock type (Geodude) and maybe a flying type (Noctowl or Starly)

GilligBoi
22nd March 2011, 9:29 AM
Bellsprout-
cut
flash

legendarypokemonmaster
23rd March 2011, 12:30 AM
Sometimes, I have a Geodude that knows rock smash, rock climb, and strength.
Most Hm moves are terrible so you don't want to teach them to your pokemon.

chaos control king
23rd March 2011, 12:42 AM
I never try to make HM slaves, but sometimes it just happens. An example is, in my pokemon black (I know it's not 4th gen), my Samurott knows surf, waterfall, and dive, and I almost taught it strength

Mankanshoku Mako
23rd March 2011, 8:44 AM
"You taught staraptor fly"
"You taught staraptor defog"

Takeo
24th March 2011, 7:05 AM
My yellow version team, my whole team was slaved to 1HM this way no one was favored but were equals
pikachu-flash
ivysaur-cut
snorlax-strength
gyarados-surf
aerodactyl-fly

Nightdreamer
25th March 2011, 12:05 AM
My Machamp in Pearl
-Rock Smash
-Strength
-Rock Climb
-Cross Chop
My Golem in SS
-Rock Smash
-Strength
-Rock Climb
-Earthquake
Poor, poor HM slaves.......

11DBHK
25th March 2011, 12:35 AM
yeah i do in almost every game, as you kinda need HM moves to proceed past certain points in the game >_>

legendarypokemonmaster
25th March 2011, 1:06 AM
HM slaves aren't really necessary in B/W, you only need Fly.

GoldNinja
25th March 2011, 1:13 AM
I always have around 3 HM slaves in every game, although as the person above me stated, you don't need too many of them in B/W (I still have 3 of them xD). Yup, that means my battling team only consists of 3 pokemon, but I like that :)

Typhlosionvsworld
27th March 2011, 1:06 AM
Well...I wanted to train Floatzel, but my Buizel became too underleveled and got slaved.

Floatzel with suf waterfall rocksmash strength

Cris~Wigglytuff~
27th March 2011, 1:12 AM
Bibarel, Empoleon, and Mew are the best HM slaves.

Yeahh, I have two Mews that i use as the ULTIMATE HM slaves.

Typhlosionvsworld
27th March 2011, 1:35 AM
Bibarel, Empoleon, and Mew are the best HM slaves.

Yeahh, I have two Mews that i use as the ULTIMATE HM slaves.

Ok, a Fly Mew is good for coverage, but its stupid to use Mew as an HM slave becaus eits so strong and useful.

Hikari Paradise
28th March 2011, 1:13 AM
Of course I do and bibarel is usually the one I go with. I also use a graveller for this as well.

SWIZZY_101_
1st April 2011, 5:54 PM
Bibarel:
Surf
Cut
Strength
Rock Smash

Pokémon Trainer Xande
1st April 2011, 8:13 PM
Yes. In HG usually I use Sandshrew. In my Platinum save, I used Bibarel as HM slave

Painkiller2001
2nd April 2011, 4:07 AM
Here's the moveset (HM moves included) of my Platinum team

1.) Lucario
- ROCK SMASH
- Force Palm
- Aura Sphere
- Close Combat

2.) Weavile
- CUT
- Ice Beam
- Ice Punch
- Dark Pulse

3.) Luxray
- Flash
- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder

4.) Floatzel
- STRENGTH
- SURF
- DIVE
- WATERFALL

5.) Garchomp
- ROCK CLIMB
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

6.) Staraptor
- FLY
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Return

My only HM slave appears to be Floatzel. But, at least all those move are somewhat really, really useful in battle.

Dragrath
4th April 2011, 7:53 AM
When it comes to HM slaves never forget the legendary king of them all Linoone... secondary are Golduck, barbarel geodude
(note I put Surf and waterfall on a good water type depending on if the are physical or special)

Lorde
4th April 2011, 8:32 AM
No, I don't use HM slaves in any of my Generation 4 games. I did think about it a long time ago when I purchased Diamond version but I decided against it. I also thought about using Bibarel as an HM slave in Pearl version but I eventually just taught all of my Pokemon HM moves rather than just sticking them all on Bibarel. I just feel like I should balance out all of my Pokemon so I teach them all HM moves rather than singling out one particular Pokemon.

AmusedMilk
4th April 2011, 11:57 PM
In Pt I use a Wingull and Bibarel. In Black, just Bibarel. (Less HMs in Black FTW!)

MugoUrth
5th April 2011, 2:08 AM
All I know is that several Pokemon on my team will have HMs. There will be ones for water based tasks, one for strength tasks, one for flying, that stuff. Also, my Bibarel will always mean more to me than an HM slave.

aaron-now
5th April 2011, 8:27 AM
They gave us Biberal in Gen 4. They were practically begging for people to use HM Slaves. Funny thing is, I only used a HM Slave in one G4 game :P
I used a Biberal in Pearl, and had a mixed team with (the good and used) HM moves on Pokemon in my regular party. I did however swap sometimes for a Defogger of Whirlpooler, etc.

Randomness
6th April 2011, 11:58 PM
ive actually got a box labeld ''HM Slaves.'' full of ratatas from the great marsh or something. For Surf, wel, its a pretty good move so most of my waters have it. fly is put on my random pidgeot or fearow. as for the cuts and stuff, i take out my rat thing from each gen(i think thy were designed for this...) and strenght and waterfalls just miscelaneous

Jar-of-Jelly
7th April 2011, 12:08 AM
I've used HM slaves for as long as I can remember. I still use them and I certainly did for 4th gen games!

cookies kill you
7th April 2011, 12:10 AM
my sinnoh victory road special bibarel surf waterfall strenght rock climb
And pelliper surf fly

SmartD
7th April 2011, 2:02 AM
I don't use HM Slaves, although I do have a Bibarel with Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb and a Raticate with Headbutt, Strength, Rock Smash, and Cut. Most of the time, I spread HMs among different Pokemon.

ViperQueen
7th April 2011, 2:13 AM
For Surf, waterfall, dive, and fly I dont but for the others I use like a fighting pokemon

seismitoad
11th April 2011, 7:48 PM
Bibaral and Gyrados (Posibly a starly)

They're the best ones

Pseudo-Unlegendary
12th April 2011, 3:49 AM
Well yeah, it's not like there's one pokemon that has one HM, it makes things impossible. My main ones are Bibarel in my Platinum and Red Gyarados in SS.

Ditto123
13th April 2011, 11:04 PM
I use Bibarel and Staravia for HM slaves

3est
14th April 2011, 4:55 AM
In SS I accidentally-sorta made Lugia the HM dude because he can surf AND fly. So then I also taught him rock smash and strength for getting through caves. I think he's doomed to stay level 53 forever.

diltzy07
15th April 2011, 12:27 AM
Pre-Elite Four I usually have the different needed HMs on my team, but after that they're usually all gone when I replace my team.

Derp
15th April 2011, 12:32 AM
Yes I did for moves like cut and rock smash which are useless in battle.

SnowyPiplup
15th April 2011, 12:40 AM
I accidentally stuck my Empoleon with all HM moves, and I was like, "Oh s***!"

But when any of my Pokemon can't learn certain HM moves, I always switch out with one or two Pokemon in my PC to handle the obstacle for me.

2D Thom
15th April 2011, 4:11 AM
For some reason i used a Garyados as an HM slave. It was when i was new to pokemon still!

Palamon
16th April 2011, 12:15 AM
Yes. Red Gyrados in HeartGold and Quagsire in Platinum. I don't have Hm slaves in Diamond, Soul Silver or Pearl.

orangezilla
16th April 2011, 12:17 AM
Someone said they used a toxicroak which has to be the coolest HM slave you could use

Typhlosionvsworld
16th April 2011, 8:20 PM
Someone said they used a toxicroak which has to be the coolest HM slave you could use

I HEAVILY doubt that statement.

lunar22
17th April 2011, 4:53 AM
I only use one through the bulk of midgame play (when traversing the lands before Fly)

Ampharos_Dude
17th April 2011, 9:00 PM
Isn't HM slavery the purpose of the early normal rodents (and dogs...) anyway?

I always use the early normal rodent as my HM slave, but I gotta say that Bibarel is the best HM slave around...

Point Blank
17th April 2011, 9:06 PM
In Diamond and Platinum, I used both Bibarel and Floatzel as HM slaves, respectively.

Typhlosionvsworld
18th April 2011, 1:09 AM
Isn't HM slavery the purpose of the early normal rodents (and dogs...) anyway?

I always use the early normal rodent as my HM slave, but I gotta say that Bibarel is the best HM slave around...

You are probably right. The rodents are useful in battle except for Bibarel. But they can weild most HMs. For instance, Zigzagoon can use Surf, Whirlpool, Strength, Rock Smash, and Cut.

coolminun
18th April 2011, 1:14 AM
For me it's bibarel or geodude

Pokemon4Ever
18th April 2011, 1:55 AM
Admittedly yes, but I prefer not to think of them as slaves.

I feel compelled to carry an all-HM-moves Bibarel with me in the Sinnoh games. It's just really convenient that Bibarel can use so many HM moves.

Typhlosionvsworld
18th April 2011, 2:20 AM
I now add Azumarill to my HM slave list, because I am using it for this in Pt. Sorry Azumarill!

Hiro__
18th April 2011, 2:52 AM
I generally spread my HMs evenly between my in-game teams, and get rid of the ones I don't think I'll need (like Flash, Defog, Whirlpool, Dive, etc.) I may keep a weak pokemon to use a certain HM move or moves in the mean time until I get a pokemon for that attack (like I have a marill on emerald right now to use surf until I can get a spheal), but other than that, no. Though I think they'd be admittedly useful, I refrain from using them because I like having a 6 pokemon team, not a 5 pokemon and one lame-HMs-only pokemon team.

AmpharosFanatic
18th April 2011, 7:00 AM
Yes, I try to keep Fly and Surf on pokemon I care about raising...all other necessary HMs to get through the game with are pretty terrible in battle and so I give them to an HM slave. I find only raising 5 pokemon, as long as they are of good types, is perfectly fine to complete the main quest with. Normally I replace the HM slave after that though...

Ausgirl
18th April 2011, 7:02 AM
I usually like to keep a flyer on me but otherwise no.

Kaz~
19th April 2011, 9:17 PM
No, I gave stuff like Surf and Fly to pokés on my team, but apart from that I didn't keep a certain poké just to be a HM slave.

Rezzuréct
20th April 2011, 1:05 PM
just Feraligatr for Surf and Waterfall

JohnGazmon
21st April 2011, 7:24 PM
Ursaring with Strength, Cut, Rock Smash and Rock Climb.

Poliwhirl with Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Waterfall

Surf and Fly are useful enough for regular team members, so I always have a flier (Dragonite) and a Surfer (Lapras) on my team.

Ditto123
21st April 2011, 9:29 PM
I always use one pokemon as an HM slave unless it can't learn it

Metagross Guy
22nd April 2011, 3:04 AM
Guilty, yes i do.

Larry
22nd April 2011, 5:09 AM
Why else did they make Bibarel?

Endoplasmic Reticulum
22nd April 2011, 6:26 AM
I like to call them HM *****es, but no I do not because I just teach my party members. No big deal, I usually have slots that i don't need for my Pokemon.

2000th post!

castlewars
24th April 2011, 6:43 PM
I always do because otherwise how would I get somewhere? Surfing on my starter Pokemon is a classic.

CasteliaUmbreon
24th April 2011, 8:39 PM
I spread my HM's around to my Pokemon, it seems to work easier for me than having a Pokemon who almost does the whole thing themselves, cause usually those Pokemon are the ones I don't want in my party~

Ketaru
24th April 2011, 8:45 PM
Pinsir is my friend in caves. Don't remember off the top of my head, but it has Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Cut.

One of my biggest pet peeves in the Pokemon series is the need for HNM moves. To reach some key points in the game (like, I don't know, fighting Red), you need to teach your Pokemon moves that are inferior or otherwhys carry a Pokemon around that wastes one of your precious 6 spaces.

ShadowKyogre443
24th April 2011, 8:58 PM
My Steelix is a great slave. He knows strength, rock smash, rock climb, and some other HM. The weird part is that his happiness level towards me is maximum! XD

Ketaru
24th April 2011, 9:11 PM
My Steelix is a great slave. He knows strength, rock smash, rock climb, and some other HM. The weird part is that his happiness level towards me is maximum! XD

He's one of those "those" types of slaves.

PsychedelicJellyfish
24th April 2011, 9:27 PM
Kind of. I have Pokémon that exist only for using HMs, but I keep them in the PC unless I need the HMs for something. The exception is my Flying Staravia. I keep that in my team all the time.

I don't remember what all my HM slaves are, but I know I have a Mantine for Surf and Waterfall and a Rampardos for Strength and Rock Climb.

1StarryKnuckles
24th April 2011, 9:27 PM
Well at least i'm putting that one dudes' Basculin 2 good use.

-Flaming Charizard-
24th April 2011, 9:28 PM
I have one for like cut, rock smash, waterfall, and maybe strength....
but ones like surf and fly I use in my party.

EDIT: 100 posts! woo!

EchoEcho
24th April 2011, 9:28 PM
i spread my hms throughout my pokemon. i use ones that are actually ok like strength on my best pokemon.

willsgb
25th April 2011, 2:25 PM
i've always hated HMs, since most of them aren't useful or necessary in the field after a couple of occasions, but all, up until white at least, are necessary at least once, and the pokemans who can learn loads of them are usually bland ones, like bibarel in diamond...

i'm fond of what they did in black and white though, reducing them to 6 - and i've gotten all my gym badges and am training for the elite 4 now, and i've only been given 4 of them so far, and only needed 3 to progress the game as well! and what's more, you can load them all onto just 2 pokemans, if you pick the right ones...

oshawott and dewott learn 4 and the final evolution samurott can learn 5 of the 6, which is awesome, and ducklett and its evolution swanna can learn 3, including the only one samurott can't learn, fly, and both samurott and swanna are cool and likeable, so for me there is finally no issue with HMs forcing your travelling party to be full of pokes you aren't that keen on, happy dayz

in diamond, i'm using bibarel for waterfall, strength and rock climb, drifblim for fly, defog and cut (? how does it cut? weird and wonderful) and the awesome azumarill has rock smash and surf.

in gold, they were spread out, my furret, the only poke i've ever gotten to level 100, had cut, as far as i remember, meganium had flash, the red gyarados had surf, whirlpool and waterfall, and pidgeotto had fly, i think onyx had strength and rock smash or rock climb, it's been a while.

annoying stuff, but they're going in the right direction with these moves i think

edit - forgot to add that some of the HMs are actually really good moves anyway; surf hits everyone but it's so powerful and cool to watch, and fly takes 2 turns but you're out of range to almost any attack on the first one and it's also really powerful; strength isn't too bad either; only cut is a bit flaccid a move.

Typhlosionvsworld
25th April 2011, 2:32 PM
HMs are generally useful except Cut. Dive and Fly are good, Strength is good, Rock Climb can confuse the foe, and Rock Smash lowers defense. Waterfall is useful too. What I don't like is that there are so many HMs. There should be less.

Bolt the Cat
25th April 2011, 2:54 PM
Yes I do. Most of the HMs suck as actual attacks except for Surf, Fly, Dive, and maybe Waterfall. And I don't want to waste those moves on my team. The rest I just teach to something disposable like Bibarel.

Silent Conversation
30th April 2011, 12:36 AM
If the HM is powerful (like Surf, Strength or Fly), I'll teach it to a Pokemon on my team. If it's weak (Cut or Rock Smash) I'll give it to an HM slave.

Pucca_ness
30th April 2011, 12:52 AM
I try and get all my HMs onto my team players because I like using all the pokemon in my team. However wasting valuable move space for Rock Smash, Flash, Whirlpool and Defog annoys the hell out of me! Defog, Whirlpool and Flash go on non team players as they are used so seldomly. Rock smash has to be present on my team though because there' so many places that cannot be progressed through without it.

I don't mind cut as much as rock smash. I think this is because it still OHKOs most weak things when on my lv 100 empoleon but I'd rather have steel wing back. Also it has the opposite effect on high level things when I want to catch them, so it is useful.

Fly, Strength and Surf are very Welcome on my team, all are such good moves.

Dive is not as good as Surf or Waterfall in my opinion and the two turn thing annoys me since I don't do competitive battling. Waterfall on a physical attacker is really good. I'm glas it is physical and surf is special!

Either way, no. I keep away from HM slaves. Saying that, right now in my white version I'm using Unfezant as a Fly user but I don't actually use it in my team for battles and such. This is because in this playthrough i'm determined to only use pokemon I chose before I got the game. So I'm wating to find a Rufflet after I get shiny Axew.

Pkmn Breeder Jack
30th April 2011, 6:29 AM
Usually. Bidoof is a champ. It drives me nuts having to teach a good pokemon Rock Smash. Absolutely awful.

shotdown911
2nd May 2011, 4:37 AM
Of course I use HM Slaves, I'm not going to give HMs to my legendaries or starter!?

Kiseki
2nd May 2011, 1:58 PM
I don't exactly use HM slaves, but I do use HM moves for my party to use. Sometimes they get annoying because I want my Pokemon to learn better moves...

But to make things easier, I just teach them HM moves.

willsgb
2nd May 2011, 2:27 PM
i suppose one solution to avoid wasting HM moves on a pokemon who can learn a much more interesting and effective moveset is to give all your HM moves to 1 or 2 smeargles, depending on how many you might need to use in any given place or time... then again, the only HM i've seen used against me in-game is surf; i suppose you could set up a battle with a friend specifically to teach smeargle/s the moves.

EvilDoctorPorkchop
2nd May 2011, 2:48 PM
It really isnt necessary to have any other HMs but surf or fly, Black and White was a dissapointment for HMs anyways.

DasBoot
2nd May 2011, 5:11 PM
I'll usually have one for all the different field moves and one for all of the different sea moves. Sometimes I'll have a cave HM slave if the're a lot of caves in the game.

Field: e.g. Linoone with Surf, Cut, Rock Smash, Strengh.

Witchan
2nd May 2011, 5:43 PM
Yes, I do. Even though I deleted most of their HM moves after collecting and battling everything across the region, but the only HM moves that could be useful for battling is Surf, Waterfall, and a lesser extent, Fly.

TheEpicGoomba
2nd May 2011, 5:54 PM
I always have a HM slave early on ive had so many I cant list them

free2be_any1
2nd May 2011, 8:08 PM
it depends, if my ingame team, can learn the HMs that are actually needed like fly/surf/cut, then I just distribute them throughout my ingame team, but like in pokemon white, I didnt have a need for surf really till after maingame and I didnt carry a water pokemon so I used a Bibarel as an HM slave

AwesomeSauce117
2nd May 2011, 9:39 PM
I always have a Pokémon for flash and I had a Pokemon for Whirlpool in HG.

PopPrincess_Lyra
4th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Not really :P
I had each Pokemon learn HM, except for my Meowth :3

Cinderdust
4th May 2011, 11:51 PM
I used them once. I will never use them again, it's so annoying. I'll take the move slot detriment.

zapto369
4th May 2011, 11:58 PM
I never use HM slaves and try to stagger out the HM moves throughout my team. If I find I don't need an HM move and its not that great (such as Cut or Whirlpool), I'll just forget it, but I use them because they are generally pretty good (such as Surf or Fly).

Porygon tamer
5th May 2011, 12:39 AM
I don't beleive in HM slaves. Only flying slaves.

littlea53
5th May 2011, 2:37 AM
I use them all the time. Buizel and Bibaral

Venomfang
5th May 2011, 2:44 AM
Yes, when there needed.

hawkmbl
5th May 2011, 2:45 AM
In SS I used to use mew as a HM slave for rock climb, but then it became a normal member of my team after I finally gave it a EXP share to make it more worthwhile.

Zeb
5th May 2011, 3:23 AM
Bibarel - Rocksmash Rockclimb Waterfall and strength
My empoleon has surf
Only one I don't have one for is cut :/

HydroSwampert
5th May 2011, 1:43 PM
I did on Pearl and on Platinum, but on HeartGold, I am making it work. On older games, I usually had HM Slaves too.

MugoUrth
5th May 2011, 3:11 PM
No, because no matter how many times people call him an HM Slave, Bibarel will ALWAYS be more to me than an HM Slave. *Hugs Bibarel*

Odyssey
5th May 2011, 3:42 PM
Tropius - Cut, Fly, Strength, Flash
Poliwhirl - Surf, Dive, Waterfall, Rock Smash

Blazing CobaltX
5th May 2011, 6:51 PM
I only give my Pokémon Fly, Surf and sometimes Strength. I use HM slaves for the other HM's.

Typhlosionvsworld
8th May 2011, 12:49 AM
No, because no matter how many times people call him an HM Slave, Bibarel will ALWAYS be more to me than an HM Slave. *Hugs Bibarel*

Eh.......that's you. Never trained Bibarel, never will.

Green Blockhead
14th May 2011, 8:26 PM
What's so bad about using an HMSlave? Is it the name?

Anyway, I saw on a video once that someone had Bibarel as an HM Slave. It could learn almost every HM so luckily it was Thursday, turned on the Sinnoh Sound on my Soul Silver and caught a Bidoof at Lv. 15. Attatching the EXP. Share from my Palkia, I levelled it up and it evolved. I taught it Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Climb and Strength.

And the picture of Sir Aaron flying on his Pidgeot made me look foward to catching a bird that's bigger than myself and fly on it. So I can't wait to catch a Pidove in the 3rd game of B/W.

inb4BCVM22
inb4Hydrohs

Absol trainer
15th May 2011, 4:04 PM
At my diamond file:
Bibarel1: Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Rock Climb
Bibarel2: Surf, Waterfall, Strength, Rock Climb
Staravia: Fly, Defog, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack

Whoop die doo.

asamin
15th May 2011, 4:11 PM
I use an HM slave for when I go chaining in Platinum. It's generally either a Bibarel or a Gyrados.

Typhlosionvsworld
16th May 2011, 11:22 PM
The bottom line is, certain Pokemon (Bidoof, Bibarel) are only used as HM slaves because they have no other use. The only person of significance in the games I can think of who uses a Bibarel is Whitney, the Johto Normal Type Gym Leader, in her rematches.

Weez1990
16th May 2011, 11:30 PM
Yep, I use them. Especially considering the large amount of HMs you have to use in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I'm SO grateful that Black/White cut down on the amount of HMs you had to use to get through the game.

acetrainerdov
18th May 2011, 9:24 PM
i used my bibarel nickname hm slave

ChuckNorris
18th May 2011, 9:36 PM
I do. I used Gyarados and Giratina in Platinum.

imperiumemperor
18th May 2011, 9:55 PM
I used arceus as my HM slave.

Weez1990
18th May 2011, 10:50 PM
Mew makes a good slave, if you can get it

03Juice
18th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Of course I do.
Back in ruby I had Zapdos + Wailmer.
They together could learn all 8 HMs :P

Called: HMSlave1, HMSlave2

Now I have a wishcash that knows the most important ones.

azurimon
18th May 2011, 11:50 PM
I had a Bibarel with Rock Climb, Surf, Strength and Waterfall on my Diamond.

Eternalserenity
19th May 2011, 12:05 AM
I have three HM slaves. They are all Smeargles.

ChuckNorris
19th May 2011, 10:30 PM
Emerald: Linoone, Rayquaza (Not an HM slave) had Fly
Platinum: Gyarados, Giratina
White: Basculin, Ducklett

iron535
19th May 2011, 11:53 PM
I didn't even know what an HM slave WAS until a few months ago... xD
now that I know what it is, I use 'em all the time...
poor, poor bibarel... xD

Typhlosionvsworld
20th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Of course I do.
Back in ruby I had Zapdos + Wailmer.
They together could learn all 8 HMs :P

Called: HMSlave1, HMSlave2

Now I have a wishcash that knows the most important ones.

Why would you use Zapdos as a slave?

I used arceus as my HM slave

You used one of the strongest pokemon as an HM slave?

Mew makes a good slave, if you can get it

OK. I'm not going to say anything.

JasonTongFlute
22nd May 2011, 5:45 AM
YAY! GO BIBAREL! HM Slave ftw!~ :D

MegaMew2
22nd May 2011, 5:50 AM
Let's see...
Tentacool (Its entire moveset were HM's...)
Rattata/Bidoof (For Cut if I didn't use Tentacool)
Pidgey/Starly (For Fly)
And Geodude (For Strength and Rock Smash)
...Poor Tentacool. xD

Typhlosionvsworld
25th May 2011, 9:45 PM
I add another Bidoof to my slave list. Sorry Bidoof, you suck. :P

PokemonOwn
25th May 2011, 9:50 PM
R/B/G/Y - Rattata
G/S/C - Rattata
R/S/E - Zigzagoon
FR/LG - Rattata
DPPt - Bibarel
BW - Patrat

So, yeah.

Artemys42
25th May 2011, 10:27 PM
Yes, I actually carry around a Sneazel as HM slave.

Typhlosionvsworld
25th May 2011, 10:38 PM
The best slave has got to be Bibarel. It has a good movepool, but it is just...wack.

menonabhi123
26th May 2011, 6:15 PM

Are u serious bro?? If havnt cloned it before teaching it hms then thats gotta be one of the lamest things iv ever seen in pokemon

Sectorbob
26th May 2011, 6:35 PM
The best slave has got to be Bibarel. It has a good movepool, but it is just...wack.

Haha, I agree! A close second place that I have used is Golduck (Surf, Waterfall, Rock Climb, Strength)

And to the Arceus HM Slave.... lol... that's like wasting good mint-chocolate chip ice cream :O

Piggy
26th May 2011, 7:22 PM
Luvdisc for my water HM needs.

Snorlax for everything else.

Sectorbob
26th May 2011, 8:53 PM
Luvdisc for my water HM needs.

Snorlax for everything else.

Oh no! Snorlax is a Slave!?!?!?

PokemonOwn
26th May 2011, 8:57 PM
Oh no! Snorlax is a Slave!?!?!?

It's breedable, unlike Arceus XD

Sectorbob
26th May 2011, 9:05 PM

Haha, that is very true. I guess I see Snorlax as being above Slaving... lol

Weez1990
26th May 2011, 9:49 PM
OK. I'm not going to say anything.
I don't use legendary Pokémon in my team, so they just sit in the PC doing nothing otherwise. Besides, it's MY game, I can do what I want with it

Legendaries are overrated :/

Typhlosionvsworld
27th May 2011, 12:29 AM

True, but you can use move deleters to get rid of HMs anyway.

TTNH03
16th June 2011, 5:35 PM
I use bibarel for rock smash, cut, strength and rock climb.
staravia for fly and defog.
abra for flash.

Landslide
16th June 2011, 5:36 PM
I nicknamed my bibarel 'HM SLAVE', just because he was exactly that lol

manaphy72
16th June 2011, 5:37 PM
i had a torterra for dig, rock slide

TTNH03
16th June 2011, 5:38 PM

Arceus? seriously....
I don't know what to say,
its cool and funny at the same time. lol.

TikkiNippets
16th June 2011, 5:43 PM
in black My Simipour Knows Surf Dive Waterfall and Cut, in heart gold my sandslash knows strength Rocksmash and Dig there are others but those are the ones Im thinking of now.

Sircharles
16th June 2011, 5:46 PM
Bibarel.... It knew surf,cut,rock smash, and strength.

liogarus
16th June 2011, 8:15 PM
Mine is the red gyarados. He carries strenght/whirpool/Surf/Waterfall

Typhlosionvsworld
16th June 2011, 10:53 PM
i had a torterra for dig, rock slide

Torterra can't learn Dig.

Moneyy
16th June 2011, 10:57 PM
Bibarel and Machamp were my HM slaves. When I taught Machop these moves they were not very bad HMs so I decided to evolve him and he actually became a good member of my team.

Victoria
23rd June 2011, 1:40 PM
Bibarel was a great HM slave. C:

Cranky Koala
5th July 2011, 4:36 PM
Haha. Yes, I use em. Except for Surf, Fly, and Waterfall. I taught my Floatzel Surf and Waterfall. And Staraptor Fly.

Lau
5th July 2011, 5:29 PM
In Diamond, I used Bidoof, and later, I "updgraded" to Bibarel XD

AwesomeSauce117
5th July 2011, 6:20 PM
I use Geodude for rock smash and Gyarados for Whirlpool

chocoboy
5th July 2011, 7:02 PM
I hm-enslaved a bibarel with rock climb, waterfall, strength, and rock smash.
I don't slave for fly and surf, and cut and defog were just stupid.

Jagged Little Pill
5th July 2011, 7:27 PM
I do use HM slaves in Pearl, but not in Heartgold. In Pearl, I use my Bibarel for Cut and Rock Smash, but in Heartgold I use my main team.

sceptile33
7th July 2011, 1:00 AM
I once caught a Pinsir and taught him Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Cut.

I also took him to the Name Rater and nicknamed him "HM Slave".

VolcanicF
7th July 2011, 4:21 AM
I do use them.

Hakallowin
7th July 2011, 5:05 AM
Marill+Tropius=Best gen 3 HM Slaves. Used them in my solo Sapphire run

PokemonAndDBZ
7th July 2011, 11:49 AM
Smeargle Smeargle Smeargle. Any HMs you want. I prefer the term: HM Btch

SleepingDeath0
7th July 2011, 1:07 PM
Bibbarel(Sp?) and Tropius always gave me good results.

Dark Sharpedo
7th July 2011, 1:08 PM
Well, you gotta love Bibarel! Also, I do find that Linoone is a good HM Slave as well.

PokemonAndDBZ
7th July 2011, 1:39 PM
Seriously, not Smeargle?

Pink_Furret
9th July 2011, 12:58 AM
My HM Slaves consisted of:

Tropius: Fly, Strength, Rock Smash, Cut
Bibarel: Surf, Waterfall, Rock Smash, Strength
Pelipper: Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Rock Smash
Sandslash: Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Rock Climb
Nidoqueen: Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash

As for Fly, I disagree about the move being a dud. I usually teach to one of my pokemon without it being an HM slave. It's still a great move. Though I must say I do like Sky Drop now. I just wish it was more powerful...

Cosmic Fury
9th July 2011, 2:44 AM
I know everyone will hate me for this, but I used my Giratina as an HM slave...

No kidding about that one. It even knew Cut...And sometimes I taught it Flash or something like it. lol

Luna-kun
5th August 2011, 1:47 PM
i always usinfg only fly in main party pokemon. and also using redent pokemon to take all dirt work ^^

Arceus94
5th August 2011, 11:03 PM
BIBAREL! was destined this future in the 'pokemon-Series

OnixtheBeast
5th August 2011, 11:04 PM
Quagsire is my HM slave.

Garch0mp0utrage
5th August 2011, 11:59 PM
Well..., yes actually... and lol, mine's a hydreigon...

Randomness
6th August 2011, 12:56 AM
As Arceus94 said, Bibarel was destined to be an HM slave.

In HGSS, my HM slaves are a boxful of Raticates, Furrets, etc.

StonE EdgE
6th August 2011, 1:03 AM
I use Biberel, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Cut, and Strength.

needsalimegreenespeon
6th August 2011, 1:55 AM
Nah... I just evenly distribute the HM Moves between my team.

bobandbill
6th August 2011, 4:07 AM
I tend to use HM slaves - don't often use HMs on my team beyond Surf and Fly, maybe Waterfall if it makes sense, so for all those Cutable trees, waterfalls, and so forth I resort to a HM slave. Bidoof line tends to be pretty useful for DPPt imo, and as for HGSS Raticate/Quagsire does well too imo.

Zhanton
6th August 2011, 4:41 AM
I tend to teach my Pokemon Surf and Fly, and often Strength isn't too bad either, but as for Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Cut and Defog I just swap members out. Sometimes I teach my Pokemon Waterfall, as I did on Feraligatr in HGSS, but I tend to just stick with Surf.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
6th August 2011, 4:43 AM
I use them when needed.

BIGJRA
6th August 2011, 5:32 AM
Rattata/zigzagoon/bidoof/patrat with surf and fly on battlerz and tropius helpz too

S k y
6th August 2011, 8:59 AM
Nope, One Flier and one Surfer

Suffice
6th August 2011, 10:52 AM
I do, I don't have HM's on the pokemon I use for fighting (- Surf/Fly). I normally don't have a use for the HM's in the set i'm useing or theres a better move. Pull out the HM slave when I need it, then its back into the box.

Xashlei
6th August 2011, 11:26 AM
No, I don't. Normally I just use HM's on different Pokémon, and if it's not something I'd have on a battle team, I put them into a box member and bring him/her out when needed.

This only raises problems when traveling through Victory Road where you need a lot of HM's to traverse through it.

Gloryus
6th August 2011, 11:45 AM
Bibarel had to be my HM slave, it's the only thing it's good at.

Valkyrie Cain
6th August 2011, 12:09 PM
Bibarel.It can't do anything else.

Emeraldfan
6th August 2011, 12:12 PM
On my Platinum I've got a Bibarel and Pelliper. And I tend to use HM slaves most of the time.

Bibarel:
Cut
Rock Smash
Strength
Rock Climb

Pelliper:
Surf
Waterfall (it's actually not waterfall yet, but it will as soon as I get the HM)
Fly
Defog

Pyrax
6th August 2011, 7:42 PM
I use an HM slave on my main team, due to the fact that I hate switching out a team member just 'cos I need a pokémon with an HM move.
On the plus side, said HM slaves can usually take hits while I heal.

oreo2011
8th August 2011, 8:12 PM
ive been using biebarel, i was tired of switching out different pokemon and even tho he is not my favorite it does come in handy sometimes :P

Mega freak
8th August 2011, 9:14 PM
Bibarel = best hm slave this side of Mew

My Bibarel
Strength
Rock Climb
Cut
Rock Smash

Lance The Champ
8th August 2011, 9:49 PM
I can't do without HM slaves...

#chelloressurection
8th August 2011, 9:50 PM
Normally, l dont. I think it would be smart, but its also a bit of a waste of a spot in a party, maybe next game if they make it for DS l will use one, but so far, not really have l.

BIGJRA
8th August 2011, 11:31 PM
Hm slaves should learn all but surf and fly

TotalPotato
9th August 2011, 3:39 AM
Well, I don't really like using HM slaves, but I sometimes use them if I need them. In Platinum, I often used a Bibarel for Rock Climbing and Surfing, but in HeartGold, I put two Water-types on my team (Poliwrath and Lanturn) so that I wouldn't need an HM slave.

Angeltripper
9th August 2011, 3:46 AM
my slowbro has surf and temperaly whirlpool, feraligatr has waterfall and temperaly cut, pinsir has strength, i dont have rock climb yet, and pidgey has fly, but is not partof my team. imma teach my dragonite fly once it evolves from dragonair

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th August 2011, 7:10 PM
I never have, and never will.

ThunderPuncher
11th August 2011, 12:12 PM
I do, I just can't stand to use up a perfectly good move slot for an HM on one of my team members.

I figure I might as well teach it to a Pokemon that I'm not gonna really use.

Turtlestarf
11th August 2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah. Without an HM slave, my team would be filled with stupid HM's.

RaichuArcanine
13th August 2011, 4:35 AM
Yes, I nearly always use a HM slave. In D/P/PT I would always use Bibarel, and name it something like "Bieberfevr" or "Toothfairy" for a laugh.

~RaichuArcanine~

ilovetorterra
14th August 2011, 3:20 PM
Yep. Here's what I use for each Generation:

Gen 1: Rattata
Gen 2: Geodude
Gen 3: Zigzagoon
Gen 4: Bibarel
Gen 5: Patrat

Red Charizard
14th August 2011, 3:25 PM
I don't really like to use HM Slaves, I like to make meaning out of every Pokemon I catch. I'll occasionally sacrifice a move slot for something like Strength or Cut, but once I get to the Move Deleter, I'll just remove it. I have no problem with Surf or Fly, seeing as they are somewhat decent moves, or at least I think they are!

Ivanka
16th August 2011, 7:11 PM
Yeah, HM slaves are always useful. =3 In gen 4, it was always Bibarel.

Meowth City
17th August 2011, 7:05 PM
Yeah, I do. Starvia for Defog and Fly
Biberal for Cut, Rock Smash/Climb, Strength, Waterfall/Surf.

BIGJRA
17th August 2011, 7:07 PM
ALways have 2, until elites when they get swapped for legendaries who i will train a little bit to have 6 strong pokes

pokemonmaster3.0
19th August 2011, 1:40 AM
I always use an HM slave, in HG's case Furret, with Surf, Cut, Strength, and Waterfall. I never train it that well, so it's Lv. 30 when the rest of my team is 48. I carried around a Hoothoot until I taught Fly to Ho-Oh. I had Gyarados know Surf, but I needed to make room. Unfortunately, my Magmar is stuck with Rock Smash.

AquaMilotic
20th August 2011, 2:25 AM
Yes, I use HM slaves. 2 HM slaves and 4 strong, EV-trained Pokemon are good for ingame. I try to have 2 HM slaves, that know all HMs together. The only HM they don't have to know are Surf and Waterfall, because I use both Surf and Waterfall a lot on my competitive/EV-trained Pokemon. I don't like teaching my "strong" Pokemon bad HM moves like Cut and Whirlpool.

Totokip
20th August 2011, 2:45 AM
Of course, I'm not about to teach my in game team those weak hm moves like whirlpool, rock smash, cut, etcetera

ladendar
20th August 2011, 3:32 AM
I simply refer to use them on a singal pokemon with the ability to use all the HM's, or at least a fare amount of them.

SongOfShadows
20th August 2011, 4:27 AM
I hate using HM slaves, I just deal with using my normal party pokemon.

FireTheAbsolLord
20th August 2011, 4:34 AM
Generally, no. I used to. Now I feel it's a waste, because I could just have six team members that know the HMs and can delete them pre-E4. Having HM Slaves is just cruel. ._.

☆Rookie
20th August 2011, 5:30 AM
I used a Bibarel as one & a water type with my regular team (since surf + waterfall aren't bad) and Fly w/ a bird one, I just swapped out the bibarel for gyms & stuff.

PalmerDawn
20th August 2011, 6:15 AM
Generally, no. I used to. Now I feel it's a waste, because I could just have six team members that know the HMs and can delete them pre-E4. Having HM Slaves is just cruel. ._.

Agreed! At first I thought hey why not but then I learned that if you teach the right HM to the right team member they can come in handy. I don't mind one bit.

KiraRebornXD
20th August 2011, 6:16 AM
Oh geez! lol I always did; i used a ryhorn, a bidoof, a bellsprout, an oddish, a wooper, and a buizzel. :D

ga'hoolefan
20th August 2011, 6:19 AM
I do, however I use them for catching lower-leveled Pokemon. My Tentacruel was crucial in the capture of suicune on HG, and on Black today I used my Kingler to catch a Mawile.

Crocker
20th August 2011, 5:44 PM
I always prefer to distribute the HM moves among my adventure team Pokémon, and use slaves only in the post-game to fly or dive to training places.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
20th August 2011, 5:46 PM
I use them after the main game.

kyogreblue3
21st August 2011, 4:28 PM
I just teach HMs to my team members that can learn them, and delete them before I challenge the E4. The Gym Leaders aren't THAT challenging, anyway.

Sietse23
21st August 2011, 4:48 PM
i use a bibarel/pelipper or somthing but surf is a pretty good move and also strength and fly or pretty good

Sceptrigon
21st August 2011, 5:10 PM
I actually give hms to like, 4-5 of my pokes, none to 1 or 2 of them (more likely my starter). Though some of them have like 3 move slots of hms

ViperQueen
21st August 2011, 7:32 PM
I do lol
Its usually one of the pokemon seen in the first route outside of your hometown
Mine was bidoof

McIntyre
24th August 2011, 2:02 PM
As a general rule, no. HM slaves are a waste of a slot in my opinion. The only time I ever had a "slave", was because I had a team where the Pokemon were incapable of learning the needed HM moves. But as soon as someone who could learn them came on, out goes the slave.

Golemite
24th August 2011, 4:05 PM
No since I'm going for kinda "realism". Moves like Flash, Defog and Dig - be they HM or not - are part of my team's moveset, because they might come in handy for an adventurer. I also scatter HMs here and there. Usually a Water type gets the Surf and Waterfall; for Whirlpool I need to get someone from PC. Some good attacker gets Strenght or Rock Climb, and some other gets the other one. A Flying type gets Fly. Etc. :P I think there's only one wasted move slot per Pokémon, at maximum, even though I never use slaves!

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
24th August 2011, 4:08 PM
Well in black and white versions you don't need HM slaves until after the main game.

Ruby Blue
24th August 2011, 5:03 PM
I always reserve a spot for a HM Slave.

Lunar66
24th August 2011, 7:34 PM
I do all the time. Therefore, I won't have to place an unwanted HM on one of my actual team members.

Drake the Aipom
25th August 2011, 6:57 PM

Anyways:

You sir obviously do not get the concept of this topic.

Fly is a very useful move, you can fly anywhere! Would you seriously be in Pallet Town and WALK to Fucha City? Of course not!

On topic:

I have a HM slave, its my Dragonite Fly Surf Cut and Whirlpool.

SnugNBouncy
25th August 2011, 9:29 PM
i find my HM slave to lose its soul the more HMs it stockpiles. Then it becomes deadweight on my team :/

Whimsicott
25th August 2011, 9:39 PM
Yeah. In my SoulSilver.
Golduck: Flash, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb ;055;
Tentacruel: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Cut ;073;
Farfetch'd: Cut, Fly, Defog, Headbutt ;083;

I use Gallade for roaming legendary captures.
Gallade: False Swipe, Hypnosis, Mean Look, Strength ;475;

HMs weren't really needed for B&W, so I just used random Pokemon I didn't need.

nick_289
26th August 2011, 1:00 AM
I dont use HM slaves until after i beat the game and then its just so i can go back and get everything or do everything. I usually teach my pokemon HMs that i need for the most of the game(ex.surf, strength, fly).

~Silver Aura~
8th September 2011, 9:17 PM
Call me weird but I don't like calling them HM slaves it sounds a little cruel to me. I normally just call them "Field Pokemon" But yes I do use them if I need to.

DexHolderBlue
8th September 2011, 9:51 PM
I do until I add the required Pokemon to my team to be able to distribute the HMs properly.

Hehe, I even nickname it "Slave".

Buchou
9th September 2011, 12:29 AM
Yeah I do. I don't like teaching my Pokemon HM moves.

Cruisin'
9th September 2011, 1:01 AM
O yea. I even name them "HM Slave".

Bibarel and Tropius are the best HM slaves.

Charoshi
9th September 2011, 2:53 AM
Usually only before I get my final team member.

ShadowSnivy
10th September 2011, 6:42 PM
I don't have HM slaves. I teach the pokemon I use in battle HM's.

Purple_BlitzXD
12th September 2011, 5:25 AM
I don't use HM slaves either. My roster is usually full to add an HM slave, and like past games I just teach my main team the HM's that I need. ~

BIGJRA
12th September 2011, 5:31 AM
Why not. I only train 2-4 anyways.

poopoop
12th September 2011, 5:49 AM
i always have one

floatzel98
15th September 2011, 11:53 PM
yep, you can't never have one

soulsurvivor
16th September 2011, 1:28 AM
All hail vi bibarellia! Always have one.