PDA

View Full Version : [Gen V]Arceus CAN be offered on the GTS now?

Invaild Name
15th March 2011, 6:40 PM
I am really not sure if it goes in this topic, but yea... you know Arceus, right? Well... you know how when you try to search for Arceus in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, & Soul Silver on the GTS and it says "None were found!"? Well... in Gen 5's GTS, that's changed.

Pokeshift a Arceus from your Gen 4 games to get it's Dex entry on Gen 5, then search for one on Gen 5's GTS, and... well, you'll be surprised.

Normally you can't get a Arceus unless it's from events and such, but then if it was from a event, you can't trade it over the GTS due to it's Classic Ribbon and whatnot.

For those that don't know, Arceus can be found in Hall of Origin at Lv. 80 in the wild in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, but to get there you need to go to Spear Pillar with a Azure Flute, which Nintendo didn't release, yet...?

Unless... maybe Arceus could be caught legally soon? Or maybe they forgot disallow Arceus to be trade over Gen 5's GTS? I mean if it's disabled in Gen 4's GTS, then why is it allowed in Gen 5's GTS?

Again, I am not sure if this is the right place to put it, but I figure I should mention this and see what you all say.

Murton
15th March 2011, 8:41 PM
Wait, the Arceus event has never actually been held, right? So then, every Arceus you find on GTS is hacked, and because they don't have Classic Ribbons (unless you hack them on your Arceus, but why would you), they can be traded.

Nebbio
15th March 2011, 8:46 PM
Odd enough on many occasions I have been on the GTS and I haven't seen one Arceus not even a hacked one. However I doubt that an Arceus will be able to be offered now.

AmusedMilk
15th March 2011, 8:49 PM
Wait, the Arceus event has never actually been held, right?

Actually, there was an Arceus event. It was far back, though.

pupintheturd
15th March 2011, 9:06 PM

So it isn't impossible? I should get me Wi-Fi.

Aquanova
15th March 2011, 9:13 PM
Why bother, all the Arceus there will be hacked. I dont see why they allowed it unless they are planning on releasing the Azure Flute which it seems a bit late for since Gen 4 is over, it makes no sense that they'd release it now. It unlocks nothing in Gen 5, however there was an Arceus released through the Dream World in Japan for an event. I know because I have one on my Japanese Black. Its Lv 100 and has no ribbon attatched. So i'll bet those can go on the GTS

pupintheturd
15th March 2011, 9:15 PM
It unlocks nothing in Gen 5, however there was an Arceus released through the Dream World in Japan for an event. I know because I have one on my Japanese Black. Its Lv 100 and has no ribbon attatched. So i'll bet those can go on the GTS

Was it lvl. 100 when you got it?

Invaild Name
15th March 2011, 9:48 PM
It unlocks nothing in Gen 5, however there was an Arceus released through the Dream World in Japan for an event. I know because I have one on my Japanese Black. Its Lv 100 and has no ribbon attatched. So i'll bet those can go on the GTS

Maybe that could be it, as I think all of the Lv. 100 Arceus were in Japanese. (At least, the ones I seen so far.)

Even though I had no idea there was a Japanese Event for Arceus.

Wait... if they can restrict certain Arceus, why can't they do this for Jirachis/Celebis? -_- *Off-Topic question, but yea, I'm looking at YOU, Mining Museum/Non-event Jirachis.*

dragoniteKnight
15th March 2011, 10:21 PM
Nope (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldpokemon.shtml)

theres one possibility, and thats a dream world arceus. but really the odds of someone giving that away on the lul GTS are low.

Abcd
18th March 2011, 1:41 AM
In Japan, they released a Dream World Arceus due to a poll for which pokemon players would like to appear in the Dream World. So it is possible, but at the moment, only in Japan.

JoshR
18th March 2011, 5:34 AM
Last year there was the out of game movie Arceus and theres no classic ribbons anymore so yes, you can trade arceus on the 5th gen gts. I was surprized when my '08 deoxys had no classic ribbon.

Etrigan85
19th March 2011, 4:06 AM
I just transferred my 2 event Arceus from my HG into my White but never tried looking for it on GTS

DarumakkaImposter
19th March 2011, 4:13 AM
eh.. my arceus is still in my box

poke_girl
19th March 2011, 4:15 AM
There was an Arceus given over the dream world in Japan as the result of a poll.
You might be able to find this one. (Well okay I notice I was beaten to that now).

In Japan, they released a Dream World Arceus due to a poll for which pokemon players would like to appear in the Dream World. So it is possible, but at the moment, only in Japan.

Well seeing as you can find Japanese Pokémon on the GTS, it's possible anywhere to find it. But I can't see people really giving that one away.

Serebii!
19th March 2011, 4:49 AM
Are you able to search for genesect? (you would need to hack to have it on you pokedex) but if you did can you search for it

undrhil
22nd March 2011, 10:08 PM
That's what's always irked me about the GTS: If I already have it in my Pokedex, odds are I already have one captured, so I wouldn't want to trade for one. If I don't have one already captured, odds are it's a rare or a legendary and why would anyone put their legit legendary up for trade on the GTS?

bushie
23rd March 2011, 9:53 PM
i have a 09 movie arceus for trade

Krishnath
23rd March 2011, 10:03 PM
Do you people even check the previous event page before posting? There was an Arceus event last year in Europe. And in 2009 you could get it in the US, Australia and Japan at certain locations. Which is probably why the GTS restriction was lifted.

PsychoIncarnate
23rd March 2011, 10:04 PM
I got an Arceus over the GTS in platinum (I'm pretty sure I did)

It was probably hacked, but I wanted the pokedex entry, and put it on display in my box

Black&White
23rd March 2011, 10:21 PM
I never trade on the GTS, so I didn't even know it wasn't allowed in the 4th gen.

Lorde
23rd March 2011, 10:23 PM
Do you people even check the previous event page before posting? There was an Arceus event last year in Europe. And in 2009 you could get it in the US, Australia and Japan at certain locations. Which is probably why the GTS restriction was lifted.

But those Arceus all have the Classic Ribbon meaning that they can't be traded on the GTS to begin with. Why lift the restriction when those Arceus can't be traded on there?

Black&White
23rd March 2011, 10:24 PM
The reason Arceus can probably be traded now is because it was given out over DW.

Lorde
24th March 2011, 12:48 AM
The reason Arceus can probably be traded now is because it was given out over DW.

Even though Arceus can be obtained from the Dream World, I don't think that lifting the restriction was a good idea. There aren't that many legitimate Dream World Arceus going around at the moment so people could easily obtain hacked versions if they aren't careful. I think the ban should have been left intact.

Quackquack
26th March 2011, 9:10 AM
Does the Dream World Arceus even have a Classic Ribbon? I read somewhere that it does.

Otherwise, those Arceus are from the Hall of Origin, and while they are legal Pokemon, the Azure Flute that they obtained isn't.

Mister_SGG
26th March 2011, 11:18 PM

Was that an Azure Flute one? Or were you talking about the level 100 Arceus from November 09 at Toys R Us?

Lorde
26th March 2011, 11:25 PM
Was that an Azure Flute one? Or were you talking about the level 100 Arceus from November 09 at Toys R Us?

I think he's talking about the TRU Arceus from 2009. The Azure Flute was never released.

Yang_Wolf
1st May 2011, 5:58 AM
TRU Arceus had a ribbon that prevented GTS trade.

KalenArleth
1st May 2011, 6:41 AM
http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/493.shtml

All but the DW Japan 2010 Arceus has a Classic ribbon.

So the DW Japan 2010 Arceus can be traded on the GTS.

bobandbill
1st May 2011, 1:53 PM
Thread bumpage - don't post in threads over a month old since the last post please. Closed.