PDA

View Full Version : Scraggy Moveset Help

Iyashii
15th March 2011, 11:10 PM
Greetings!

I am breeding for a decent IV Scraggy atm, and before I progress any farther I am curious as to a decent moveset, so I'm asking for some help.

Being a Dark/Fighting and a sole physical sweeper, I was guessing something along the lines of:
Crunch
Zen Hedbutt
Dragon Claw
Drain Punch

My team will consist of:
Scraggy
Tynamo
Axew
Woobat
Tympole
Victini

My team WILL be that, personal preference and I will not change it.

So back to Scraggy's moveset, any ideas or suggestions?

abraxas
15th March 2011, 11:26 PM
One move you would really want on it is Dragon Dance. A Moxie DD Scraggy for that matter.

metagrossman4
15th March 2011, 11:33 PM
yeah i also was thinking bout dragon dance scrafty. who do u have to breed with for that

Iyashii
15th March 2011, 11:34 PM
Oh yea, ofc Moxie, should have mentioned that.

Is DD really worth it?
I mean sure, bonus to ATK and SPD, but then I'd have to rethink it's moves due to only having 3 available for attacking.

Any suggested movesets?

EDIT: For DD and Zen Headbutt, Egg Move DD on Salamence and level teach Zen Headbutt, breed with Scraggy and viola.

Salamence works well, I suppose?
Or just any dragon that can level learn DD.

Or Axew/Fraxure, they learn DD by level.

abraxas
15th March 2011, 11:49 PM
You don't have to run DD, really, it's just there to add the power and speed to tear through most things. Bulk Up is good if you want to boost Attack and Defense.
I would go with at least one fighting move, Brick Break being my choice, though if you're not afraid of the risk, High Jump Kick.
Drain Punch is decent to have, more so if you're not running DD. The reason being is with DD, you'll probably outrun most of your other threats, but without it, you may take a hit or two more in the long run, so Drain Punch can at least help restore the HP loss.
To be honest, I've given thought about running the Elemental Punches on it.
Really, it's going to end up being based on what you really need covered. Your Zen Headbutt covers your Pokes that are Fighting and Poison and the like, while Crunch hits Ghost and Psychic types, and Drain Punch for Normal, Steel, and Ice types. Good coverage for in game, really, so, as I said, it depends on a few certain other factors.

Iyashii
16th March 2011, 12:09 AM
Yea I figured for Drain Punch with the absence of stat boosting, but it I run DD, I can go with a better Fighting move, like Brick Break or HJK.

Speaking of which, DP and BB are identical with the opposing "Add HP" and "Break Barriers"
so which of those is actually better?

If I were to Egg breed for ZH and DD, I don't think I can get Drain Punch in there, so I would scratch that off.

Also since I am running with Victini, his Victory Star gives a 10% increase to Accuracy for him and my party, so High Jump Kick would be up to about 99 Accuracy?
Looking very viable if you ask me.

I don't really like the idea of running Elemental Punches on him, but yea ZH and Crunch got a lot covered on him.

So basically, as I stated above, Drain Punch or Brick Break, or HJK with boosted Accuracy.
And if I can even get Drain Punch with ZH and DD as Egg moves?

Something like:
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Zen Headbutt
Fighting Move

EDIT: Oh forgot to add, he's gonna be a Jolly nature, +Speed/-Special Attack

Dragoniteftw
16th March 2011, 12:42 AM
scraggy is slower than my nan, so DD is esstential, pared with moxie and you got a beastly physical sweeper

Btw, I can breed adamant/jolly dragon dance scraggy's

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
16th March 2011, 12:43 AM
Singles thread.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
252 Atk/100 HP/156 Spe
Adamant/Moxie
~ Hi Jump Kick (Use it with or without Victory Star, it definitely is better than the others)
~ Crunch
~ Dragon Dance
~ Rock Slide

abraxas
16th March 2011, 12:46 AM
Well, Victory Star + High Jump Kick would be 100% (I'm assuming, as it's a 10% increase on a 90% move), but it's only going to go into effect in Double and Triple battles. If it were just a matter of having it in your party for the ability to kick in, then, yeah, I'd go with HJK.
DP vs. BB. You know, I would say just go with DP, because I don't see you adding DD, which is cool, so this will give you the chance to gain back some HP loss during battles. Also, if you find that DP isn't being as big as a use as you thought, you can always use the TM for Brick Break, so it's not as if you can't easily teach Scraggy the move.

So, yeah, I think Crunch, Zen Headbutt, and Drain Punch are decent choices to run with. Not sure about Dragon Claw, though.

As for getting the moves Drain Punch and Zen Headbutt on Scraggy, you can use Grumpig, though I think Grumpig only gets Drain Punch during 4th Gen, so you'd have to do a Poketransfer. DD, though, can not be added into the mix to where you can get all three at once, or at least not that I know. Not sure if you could breed a few different Scraggys, then try to work to pass the moves down through them.

I would think about considering, perhaps, Bulk Up, just to have that added boost behind you, seeing as how you've got three attacking moves. Dragon Claw is only super effective against Dragons, and you'll have Axew that'll cover them, and it only does normal damage against everything else other than Steel, so it's not that big of a loss if you replace it.

So many ways to go with this guy. lol ^^'

gyaradosuseddragonrage!
16th March 2011, 12:51 AM
No, just use Hi Jump Kick for your fighting move. It is better than the others. 130 move with 90 accuracy is just too good.

Iyashii
16th March 2011, 1:29 AM
Yea didn't see the Singles thread up there, sorry about that.

Anyways, I'd run with DD for the bonus in speed, I'm not completely saying no to it and actually leaning towards it.

The point would be that Drain Punch if I am not running with DD, and WITH DD I can grab a stronger Fighting attack, like HJK or w/e.

Yes Dragon Claw was a mishap on my part, it's a stupid idea lol.

My girlfriend is saying:
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Zen Headbutt
Drain Punch/HJK w/Leftovers
For a well rounded Scraggy.

I guess now, at this point, I'm debating if I want him to be extremely well rounded or more realistic for him.

Kinda unappealing, in my opinion, seeing him with Elemental attacks.
I guess this would be easier if I really knew what my goal for him would be.
>.<

EDIT: I think I will stay focused on in-game and realistic towards him, but if I did do a competitive I'd prob run with the Elemental punches on him.

That would make him about:
Crunch
Zen Headbutt
Dragon Dance
HJK/DP/BB

Leaning towards HJK, adding in with Leftovers and whatnot.

Shine
16th March 2011, 2:35 AM
Hmmm......what about we continue this discussion in the Single Rate thread, which you already noticed by now?

but some things I want to say before closing this thread
- Fight+Dark combo is almost unresisted, more than Ice+Electric combo
- Zen Headbutt is rather useless on it in terms of coverage, go with Rock Slide instead.