PDA

View Full Version : The B/W Monotype Challenge

spra92
17th March 2011, 1:04 AM
It has long been a goal of mine to complete a Monotype of every type in a certain generation, but I have never finished. I think BW finally offers an experience I will enjoy enough to finish. That being said, i'd love to start another thread of these as posting my journey is half the fun.

Rules

1. The Pokemon may be double-typed, e.g. Butterfree would be acceptable on both a flying team and a bug team.

2. All the Pokemon must be based around one type. Here's an example of a fire type team:

Emboar
Simsear
Heatmor
Darmamtian
Volcarona
Chandelure

3. Ubers may be used but keep in mind this is supposed to be a challenge. A team with both Volcarona and Reshiram wouldn't offer much of a challenge.

4. Your challenge ends upon beating Team plasma, but you are encouraged to go further.

5. You may not have two of the same pokemon or two in the same evolution line (e.g Emboar+Pignite)

6. If you pick a starter that is not of your type, then it may not be used after you have obtained one pokemon of your chosen type.

7. The pokemon may learn moves through TMs.

8. You may have pokemon of another type in your team, but only as HM slaves, NOT to be used in battle.

9. If your type is something that is not present at the beginning, you may trade something over, but once again this is supposed to be a challenge. Please do not teach the traded Pokemon additional moves or attach items prior to being traded.

10. Have fun!!!

PS. I will be doing Ground on my black. And Water on my White. Enjoy.

Joelerz
17th March 2011, 4:10 AM
2. All the Pokemon must be based around one type. Here's an example of a water type team:

Emboar
Simsear
Heatmor
Darmamtian
Volcarona
Chandelure

You may want to edit your post and change "water" to "Fire" :]
I like the idea but how do you start the game with those? or do you just use what you can [not full team] till you get everyone?

spra92
17th March 2011, 5:25 AM
You're right. And you just slowly build your team. Like if you were a gym leader. I've done it in previous games. It adds a challenge and gets you to use Pokemon that you normally wouldn't.

Wildfyre
17th March 2011, 5:45 AM
i may do a grass/dark/fighting monotype.

1.Serperior/Scrafty/Scrafty
2.Lilligant/Zoroark/Conkeldurr
3.Whimsicott/Krookodile/Mienshao
4.Virizion/Bisharp/Virizion
5.Simisage/Hydreigon/Emboar
6.Ferrothorn or Sawsbuck(Winter)/Liepard/Terrakion

ForeverFlame
17th March 2011, 6:26 AM
i really want to do a bug monotype. this is the first generation with multiple decent bug types.

Larvesta
Joltik
Durant
Dwebble
Sewaddle
Venipede

and not one Bug/Flying in sight. we really need a good Bug/Water soon though.

Lorde
17th March 2011, 8:08 AM
I've done multiple Monotype challenges before, so doing one in Black/White will be really fun. I was planning on restarting my Japanese White version anyway, so I'll go ahead and do that. The only problem here is deciding which type of Monotype challenge I wanna do in these games. I usually go with one of the three basic types (Grass/Fire/Water) since finding those types of Pokemon is usually easy. This time around however, things don't look to be very simple. You don't find any wild Grass-type Pokemon until Pinwheel Forest, so I wouldn't want to do a Grass-type challenge. You don't find too many Water-type Pokemon early in the games either. I think I'll do a Fire-type challenge. I figure that it's equally as challenging as some of the other types, but at least I'll get to use Tepig.

spra92
17th March 2011, 8:18 AM
I'm reconsidering my starting types. I have decided that since i own both Black and White, but have not completed either (just got them two days ago), I should start both over. That way i could run two playthroughs simultaneously. I would then use on a a hub of sorts for sending all my final Pokemon after I have completed the challenge. Anyone have any thoughts on which to types to start with?

yeminied
17th March 2011, 8:25 AM
There are just so many really great Grass type Pokémon this gen so It's just crying out for me to do a Mono-type challenge.

Seriously, I could do one grass mono-type challenges with the Pokémon I like and still have some left over, that's how fondly I think of the grass types this gen, it's really what's made me appreciate grass types.

Excluding Serperior and Whimsicott who I will train in my first run throughs my team would be:

Simisage
Leavanny
Lilligant
Maractus
Sawsbuck
Amoongus

Gen V really got type distribution right this time around allowing you to have a full team of six for just about every type

spra92
17th March 2011, 9:46 AM
I've decided to partake in the Dark challenge on Black and the Normal challenge on White, however, I need a favor. Would anyone be willing to send me a Pawniard egg? Message me if possible, I would send you whatever starter you would like. LMK

Ablepsy
17th March 2011, 3:57 PM
This sounds super special awesome! I'm starting a new game on White, and I might do a Dark Monotype Challenge.

Good luck, everyone, on yours!

eatingleg4peanut
17th March 2011, 4:36 PM
not starting over, but last night I decided to build an all dragon team, I've never used dragons as my team dating all the way back to blue. right now I have

Hax: level 83
Dragonite: level 57
Zweilous: level 50
Bagon: level 5 (lol)

looking for a gible but I have only seen gabite, getting one of them on GTS has not worked out yet. Trying to decide between Flygon and Druddigon as my 6th.

Wildfyre
17th March 2011, 4:53 PM
^ for your 6th, DEFINETELY get flygon.

Charoshi
17th March 2011, 5:27 PM
This sounds super special awesome! I'm starting a new game on White, and I might do a Dark Monotype Challenge.

Good luck, everyone, on yours!

I applaud you for your quote of super special awesome! :D

Also, I think I might try one of these after I get through a game, plus my scramble. If nothing else, Unova gave us a nice variety of selection for each type, and with my ability to trade eggs and the what not, I'm going to enjoy mono challenges on here. Certainly beats my real life mono challenge :(

Weavile.nl
17th March 2011, 5:28 PM
This is so freakin' awesome. I tried to start this within the 4th gen i guess, but it never became a succes as in the 3th gen

Chill92
17th March 2011, 6:33 PM
I will try with a bug type team. I love the bug types in this region, there is great variety on them. I will pretend to be Alder's apprentice in my version of the game lol

Leavanny
Scolipede
Crustle
Galvantula
Volcarona
Durant

Though the last two will take some time to get (I find Karrablast and Shelmet's evo method annoying, so I'm droppin them)

Also I would like to have a dark type team but there are some problems. I have white version, which means that I can't get Mandibuzz by normal means. Zoroark is not needed in this team

Liepard
Krookodile
Scrafty
Bisharp
Mandibuzz (trade I guess)
Hydreigon (big challenge to raise...)

spra92
17th March 2011, 9:20 PM
I began my Mono-Normal Challenge last night.

Update:
I awoke early in the morning excited about the great day ahead of me. Today, I would be receiving my first Pokemon and I was excited. At around noon, two of my friends came over to join in on the action.
As I was opening the bag of Pokemon, I dreamed of receiving a Normal type as it had long been my dream to become a Gym Leader and follow in the footsteps of Lenora. My dream quickly faded when I looked into the bag and saw different types then I had imagined. I quickly picked one at random that looked like a snake and demonstrated my battle prowess against my friends.
After winning, I decided to it upon myself to go catch a normal Pokemon to begin with and sure enough, within a few steps I stumbled upon a Lillipup. I quickly captured the young puppy and preceded to deposit Snivy. Soon after i also saw a Patrat.While I hate the look of this meerkat, i decided it would make a solid addition to my team and hopefully, it will grow on me.

Pokemon

Lilipup - lvl 8
Tackle
Leer
Odor Slueth
Bite

Patrat - lvl 7
Tackle
Leer
Bite

Absol89
17th March 2011, 10:29 PM
I have a question - Anyone know what types are possible to monotype in Gen5 without trading over older pokemon or something? By possible, I mean I could use a full team of 6 evolved pokemon. Like I don't think water is doable since they cut back a lot on Water pokemon this gen.

EDIT: Never mind, I guess you can do water, 8 pokemon to choose from.

aggronFTW
17th March 2011, 10:36 PM
I have a question - Anyone know what types are possible to monotype in Gen5 without trading over older pokemon or something? By possible, I mean I could use a full team of 6 evolved pokemon. Like I don't think water is doable since they cut back a lot on Water pokemon this gen.

Fighting I think:

Emboar
Conkeldurr
Scrafty
Mienshao
Throh
Sawk

spra92
17th March 2011, 11:21 PM
Most types are available. The choices are very limited however.

DarumakkaImposter
18th March 2011, 5:23 AM
Fighting I think:

Emboar
Conkeldurr
Scrafty
Mienshao
Throh
Sawk

sawk is on black and throh is on white.
i will do a steel type

my steel team will be:
Durant
Escavalier
Klinklang
Bisharp
Ferrothorn
Excadrill

Lorde
18th March 2011, 7:09 AM
Ok well I already started my Fire Monotype challenge since I knew that I'd just change my mind if I didn't start soon. I chose Tepig as my Starter Pokemon and then battled Cheren and Bianca in my room. Tepig leveled up from the experience and then I went to Professor Juniper's lab. We all got Pokedexes and headed to Route 1. I learned how to catch Pokemon again and I set off for Accumula Town. I battled several wild Pokemon along the way and healed once I got to the Pokemon Center. I left and found TP in the square and then I battled N and his Purrloin. I won and Tepig leveled up to level 9. I healed once more and then left Accumula Town. I got the Running Shoes from my mom and set off towards Striaton City. Saved.

Current team:

- Tepig level 9

I wish we had 5th Gen smilies. Our team rosters would look cooler with those...

Bostian
18th March 2011, 7:22 AM
Right now, I'm between multiple teams xD

Electric
Zebstrika
Eelektross
Luxray
Ampharos
Jolteon
Raichu/Electivire

Ghost
Dusknoir
Chandelure
Gengar
Mismagius
Drifblim
Cofagrigus/Froslass

Dark
Umbreon/Houndoom
Liepard
Weaville/Bisharp
Sharpedo
Cacturne
Hydreigon

Ice
Froslass
Walrein
Abomasnow
Mamoswine
Weaville
Glaceon/Jynx

Help me chooooose D;

GalladeRocks
18th March 2011, 7:50 AM
Hmm, this sounds fun, I might try this eventually. If I do, I'll do either a Water or Bug monotype team.

Water Team
1. Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
2. Panpour/Simipour
3. Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad
4. Ducklett/Swanna
5. Tirtouga/Carracosta
6. Frillish/Jellicent

Bug Team
1. Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
2. Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede
3. Dwebble/Crustle
4. Joltik/Galvantula
5. Durant
6. Larvesta/Volcarona

Ferni
18th March 2011, 12:56 PM
sawk is on black and throh is on white.
i will do a dragon type since dragon is my favorite

Actually both sawk and throh exist in each game, I've seen them both.

I've always wanted to do a steel monotype... doesn't look like I'll be successful though.

gliscor&yanmega
18th March 2011, 7:22 PM
Maybe I'll do one for all types.

Bug:
1)Sewaddle-Swadloon-Leavanny
2)Venipede-Whirlipede-Scolipede
3)Dwebble-Crustle
4)Karrablast
5)Shelmet
6)Durant
I wont be able to trade so I can't evolve Karrablast and Shelmet. I've already used Joltik and Galvantula in White so that's why they aren't being used, same for Larvesta and Volcarona. And I can't get Genesect.

Dark:
1)Purrloin-Liepard
2)Scraggy-Scrafty
3)Pawniard-Bisharp
4)Vullaby-Mandibuzz
5)Deino-Zweilous-Hydreigon
6)Sandile-Krokorok-Krookodile
I can't get Zorua or Zoroark so I can't use it. I already uses Sandile, Krokorok, and Krookodile in White but there's nothing else to pick. I'll be playing all these on Black so I can getVullaby and Mandibuzz.

Dragon:
1)Axew-Fraxure-Haxorus
2)Druddigon
3)Deino-Zweilous-Hydreigon
4)Reshiram
5)Druddigon
6)Axew-Fraxure-Haxorus
I already used Zekrom on White, but I wont be able to get it on Black anyways. Kyurem isn't obtainable till much much later, so I'll just use another Druddigon and Haxorus with different abilities.

Electric:
1)Blitzle-Zebstrika
2)Emolga
3)Tynamo-Eelektrik-Eelektross
4)Stunfisk
5)Blitzle-Zebstrika
6)Joltik-Galvantula
I can't get Thundurus in Black, or Zekrom, already used Zekrom anyways. I'll use another Zebstrika with a different ability, and I guess I'll just use Galvantula despite having already used it in White.

Fighting:
1)Timburr-Gurdurr
2)Throh
3)Sawk
4)Scraggy-Scrafty
5)Meinfoo-Meinshao
6)Meinfoo-Meinshao
Keldo and Meloetta I can't use. I think I'll pass on using legendary in this one, so Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion are a no. Emboar I'll pass for this one too. I'll use two Meinshaoos.

Fire:
1)Tepig-Pignite-Emboar
2)Pansear-Simisear
3)Darumaka-Darmanitan
4)Litwick-Lampent-Chandelure
5)Heatmor
6)Darumaka-Darmanitan
Victini I can't get. I'll pass on Reshiram. I'll end up using two Darmanitan, with different abilities.

Flying:
1)Pidove-Tranquill-Unfezant
2)Woobat-Swoobat
3)Archen-Archeops
4)Ducklett-Swanna
5)Tornadus
6)Emolga
Thundurus, Landorus, Rufflet, and Braviary I can't get. I used Sigilyph in White so I'll pass here. Vullaby and Mandibuzz I rather not use again, so Emolga gets used again instead.

Ghost:
1)Yamask-Cofagrigus
2)Frillish-Jellicent
3)Litwick-Lampent-Chandelure
4)Golett-Golurk
5)Frillish-Jellicent
6)Litwick-Lampent-Chandelure
I'll be using all the Ghosts in this one. I'll use two Chandelures and Jellicents with different abilities.

Grass:
1)Snivy-Servine-Serperior
2)Pansage-Simisage
3)Cottonee-Whimsicott
4)Petili-Lilligant
5)Maractus
6)Virizion
Leavanny will be used for bug, Sawsbuck, Amoonguss, and Ferrothorn will be used for their other types. I'll have to trade in-game to get a Petili so I can use it.

Ground:
1)Drilbur-Excadrill
2)Tympole-Palpitoad-Seismitoad
3)Stunfisk
4)Golett-Golurk
5)Drilbur-Excadrill
6)Tympole-Palpitoad-Seismitoad
Landorus can't be used. I've already use Krookodile in White. So I'll just use two Excadrills and two Seismitoads.

Ice:
1)Vanillite-Vanillish-Vanilluxe
2)Cubchoo-Beartic
3)Cryogonal
4)Vanillite-Vanillish-Vanilluxe
5)Cubchoo-Beartic
6)Cryogonal
Kyurem can't be used till much later, and there's nothing else but those three so I'll use them all twice.

Normal:
1)Patrat-Watchog
2)Lillipup-Herdier-Stoutland
3)Minccino-Cinccion
4)Deerling-Sawsbuck
5)Bouffalant
6)Minccino-Cinccion
Meloetta and Braviary can't be used. Unfezant will be used in the Flying team. I don't want to use Audino. So I'll use two Cinccion with different abilities.

Poison:
1)Venipede-Whirlipede-Scolipede
2)Trubbish-Garbodor
3)Foongus-Amoonguss
4)Venipede-Whirlipede-Scolipede
5)Trubbish-Garbodor
6)Foongus-Amoonguss
Only those three to use, so I'll use them all twice.

Psychic:
1)Munna-Musharna
2)Woobat-Swoobat
3)Sigilyph
4)Gothita-Gothorita-Gothitelle
5)Elgyme-Beheeyem
6)Elgyme-Beheeyem
Meloetta and Reuniclus can't be used. I'll just use two Beheeyem with different abilities.

Rock:
1)Roggenrola-Boldore
2)Dwebble-Crustle
3)Tirtouga-Carracosta
4)Terrakion
5)Roggenrola-Boldore
6)Dwebble-Crustle
Can't use Gigalith, and I'll use Carracosta over Archeops.

Steel:
1)Drilbur-Excadrill
2)Ferroseed-Ferrothorn
3)Klink-Klang-Klinklang
4)Pawniard-Bisharp
5)Durant
6)Cobalion
Genesect and Escavalier can't be used. Nothing else to pick but those.

Water:
1)Panpour-Simipour
2)Basculin
3)Basculin
4)Tympole-Palpitoad-Seismitoad
5)Ducklett-Swanna
6)Alomomola
Keldeo can't be used. I already used Samurott in White. I'll pass on using Jellicent and Carracosta.

Shrine Sprite
19th March 2011, 2:59 AM
I completed my Black version with a mono-grass team.

At the end of team Plasma I had Serperior, Lilligant, Ferrotorn, Leavanny Sawsbuck, and Amoongus.

I didn't find it too hard. Just gotta know the right places to train, and make sure to stock up on items. :D

pokeaussie37
19th March 2011, 4:57 AM
@gliscor&yanmega it's in the rules that you can't use more than one of the same Pokemon/same evolutionary line. Abilities don't matter. Not that I care. Go pinch a DS off someone XD

There are so many types I would like to do D: It's great that I could pick any of my favourites and do a mono-type team surrounding them. :D I'm currently doing a regular playthrough on White, and I intend to keep that save file for now, so all of these will be on Black, with only 5th Generation Pokemon.

Top 5 Choices (no order)
FIRE
1. Emboar
2. Simisear
3. Darmanitan
4. Chandelure
5. Heatmor
6. Volcarona

Haven't used Tepig, I'll trade for Pansear, I like Darumaka, Litwick is cool, Heatmor to exploit the mass of Durant XD, and Volcarona is my favourite Pokemon. No access to Victini unfortunately.

BUG
1. Leavanny
2. Scolipede
3. Escavalier
4. Accelgor
5. Galvantula
6. Volcarona

All fairly obvious choices, I just don't like Dwebble/Crustle that much when compared to the rest of them.

DARK
1. Liepard
2. Krookodile
3. Scrafty
4. Bisharp
5. Mandibuzz
6. Hydreigon

I LOVE the Dark Types from this generation. Scrafty, Bisharp and Hydreigon are three of my favourites. :D All fairly obvious choices given I don't have access to Zoroark. Want to use Krookodile, Liepard is a good option for the start of the game, and this will be on Black so no problem with Mandibuzz.

STEEL
1. Excadrill
2. Escavalier
3. Ferrothorn
4. Klinklang
5. Bisharp
6. Durant

All fairly obvious choices, plus I don't want to use legendaries in the mono-type teams, so no Cobalion.

FIGHTING
1. Emboar
2. Conkeldurr
3. Throh
4. Sawk
5. Scrafty
6. Mienshao

All straighforward choices, no legendaries. Scrafty is a favourite, as I said before I haven't used Emboar. Who knows maybe I will run this along with the Fire type team? Raise 11 Pokemon with a bunch of strong reserves XD. That's another idea. Throh and Sawk will be together, I will make it so, and I wanted to use both Conkeldurr and Mienshao from the start.

Plus as a bonus, this isn't a mono-type, but I was thinking also of a legendary based team specifically to take on Team Plasma.
1. Fully-evolved Starter.
2. Reshiram/Zekrom
3. Cobalion
4. Virizion
5. Terrakion
6. Kyurem/Landorus post game (both with one as a reserve)

Plus I will have Tornadus and Thundurus obviously to get Landorus in the first place.

Just a quick note: Obviously many Pokemon are in two teams, e.g. Volcarona, Scrafty, Bisharp. They happen to be my favourites mostly, so it was convenient that I also liked those types.
After each mono-type run-through, they will most likely move to my White game both for Pokedex and memory reasons.

Edit: Rank up!

Lorde
20th March 2011, 10:52 PM
I trained as hard as I could on Route 2 by battling all of the trainers along the way. I also stopped by the tall grass and battled some wild Pokemon there so that Tepig would be nice and leveled up for the Gym battle in Striaton City. After about half and hour of training I arrived in Striaton City and took care of all the little things. I met Cheren at the Trainers' School and had a battle with him there. It was tough, but I got a huge boost of experience. I headed east to the Dreamyard and battled there. I got Pansage from a girl and then went to the PC to deposit it. I trained some more on Route 2 and then headed for the Gym. I battled the first Gym trainer and then I saved the game.

Current team:

- Tepig level 14

aDr1v3
21st March 2011, 6:25 AM
Started my challenge, walking through PinWheel Forest on White training up a bit
Pidove lv 17
Woobat lv 17

Mono Flying

PsychoIncarnate
21st March 2011, 6:35 AM
Edit: I'm dumb, you said Ubers

Volcarona is uber? I thought with a 4x rock weakness (Stealth rock taking half his hp during switch in) he wouldn't get that high

Leyniar
21st March 2011, 8:32 AM
Wow, I thought I was one of the few that actually does this. I had a water team in SoulSilver and I beat the entire game (main story) with it. I wanted to do another water team in Black but the water Pokemon aren't that great this time around. So I decided to do a flying type, since I love birds. This is my current team. I'm in the 6th gym.

Unfezant lv. 34
Swoobat lv. 30
Swanna lv. 35
Emolga lv. 35
Rufflet lv. 36

Someone from Serebii traded me the Rufflet and Clay was obviously a pain to defeat. It's really fun. I usually use my monotype Pokemon for my regular play, beyond defeating the evil team and the elite four.

spra92
21st March 2011, 6:00 PM
I began my dark type challenge on Black and luckily had someone trade me a pawniard egg so i wouldn't have to wait so long to get him. i just beat Lenora.

Pawniard- lvl 21
Liepard- lvl 22

Wildfyre
21st March 2011, 6:34 PM
WHICH ONE SHOULD I DO??? (can't decide, help?)

Grass:
- Snivy - Servine - Serperior
- Petilil - Lilligant
- Cotonee - Whimsicott (Ingame trade)
- Deerling - Sawsbuck (Winter)
- Pansage - Simisage
- Virizion

I dont ever use legendaries, but a couple of 'em cought my eye.

Dark
- Scraggy - Scrafty
- Pawniard - Bisharp
- Sandile - Korokorok - Krookodile
- Deino - Zweilous - Hydreigon
- Zorua - Zoroark
- Purrloin - Liepard

Electric
- Blitzle - Zebstrika
- Tynamo - Electrik - Eelektross
- Joltik - Galvantula
- Emolga
- Stunfisk/Thundurus
- Zekrom

ya, I HATE both Stunfisk/Thundurus, but dont want legends so ill go with stunfisk. I do LOVE Zekrom though.

Lorde
21st March 2011, 7:15 PM
I got the Striaton City ordeal over with today, but it was the hardest battle of my life. I defeated the final Gym trainer there and then I fought against Cress. Defeating his Lillipup was easy enough but his Panpour was terrible! I had to use Potions several times just to stay in the match. I wish I hadn't chosen a Fire-type but whatever. I got the Trio Badge and healed at the Pokemon Center. I went to the Dreamyard and accessed that new area. I battled Team Plasma and then trained in the tall grass there until Tepig leveled up and evolved into Pignite. I trained a bit more and collected items and then left to Striaton City to pick up the C-Gear. I then left to Route 3 and battled the preschoolers there for more experience and saved.

My current team:

- Pignite level 18

waternate
21st March 2011, 8:19 PM
I wanted a dragon type team on soulsilver, but it didnt end up working out, due to me falling in love with lucario and ampharos. The plan origionally was:

Dragonite
Flygon
Salamence
Kingdra
Garchomp
Dialga (love the typing of steel and dragon)

White has created a conflict within me- I have always been torn between electric and dragon, with dragon usually winning due to there being very few exceptional electric types. 5th gen has changed this, due to more electric types without ground weaknesses

Electric

Emolga
Zebstrika
Eelektross
Galvantula
stunfisk
thundurus/ zekrom

But now there are also dragons without the dreaded 4x ice weakness (although with dragon I would not be able to form a 5th gen only team without legendaries)

Haxorus
Hydreigon
Druddiggon
Kyurem/ Kingdra
Zekrom/ Garchomp
Reshiram/ Salamence

I've already beat the game, and have no intention of restarting, so this will either be a post-league construction or a mish for if/when I buy black

Lorde
25th March 2011, 1:19 AM
I went further south to the bottom portion of Route 3 and I trained there in the tall grass. I encountered two Audino so those helped with training. I battled some more trainers and then arrived at Nacrene City. I healed at the Pokemon Center and then I roamed around a bit. I went to the Nacrene City Museum and battled N but that battle was really hard on Pignite so I had to train even more on Route 3. I finally leveled up Pignite to the desired level and I headed for the Gym. I battled the first Gym trainer and Pignite leveled up some more. I went to heal at the Pokemon Center and I finished fighting the last Gym trainers. I unlocked Lenora's location within the Gym but I saved before the challenge.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 23

spra92
25th March 2011, 2:39 AM
I just beat Elesa in my Pokemon Black, my team is really taking shape.

Pawniard lvl 29
Sandile lvl 28
Scrafty lvl 29

Could anyone trade me a Deino or Zorua egg? I don't want to wait so long for them. I don't have anything to offer. it would be a bit of an IOU.

Aegisdues
25th March 2011, 7:05 PM
can the hm slaves be used as death otters i e if all my team die can i use it to heal?

Abraace
25th March 2011, 7:57 PM
I remember doing a Mono Psychic run through SoulSilver. Karen's Houndoom was tricky, but other than that the run wasn't bad.

I'm considering a mono run on my next playthrough on Black. Not sure which element to go for though...

phetty
25th March 2011, 8:09 PM
I think I might do a Mono Dragon run. Since Dragon's aren't exactly common Early in the Game I'll trade some Lv5' after the first badge.
After thinking about it I've decided to go with Dratini, Horsea, Gible, Axew, Druddigon, and Deino for my mono Dragon playthrough of black. That's if it's ok to use Horsea since it doesn't become a Dragon type until it's third Evo.

Lorde
25th March 2011, 10:40 PM
So I finally got the nerve to battle Lenora at the Nacrene City Gym. I defeated her Herdier with Pignite's Arm Thrust but then Lenora sent out Watchog and things got dangerous. Watchog used Hypnosis on my Pignite but Pignite recovered with a Chesto Berry. I attacked Watchog with Arm Thrust and got its HP in the red zone but Lenora healed it and had it use Hypnosis once again. FML. I eventually defeated it with a critical hit Ember attack and I got the Basic Badge and the TM for Retaliate from Lenora. Team Plasma attacked the museum though and I had to head for Pinwheel Forest. I went to heal really quickly at the Pokemon Center and then I headed west to Pinwheel Forest. I saved as I got inside.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 25

waternate
25th March 2011, 10:55 PM
I think I might do a Mono Dragon run. Since Dragon's aren't exactly common Early in the Game I'll trade some Lv5' after the first badge.
After thinking about it I've decided to go with Dratini, Horsea, Gible, Axew, Druddigon, and Deino for my mono Dragon playthrough of black. That's if it's ok to use Horsea since it doesn't become a Dragon type until it's third Evo.

if you're doing it from the start of the game, dratini, horsea and gible are no-no's, as you need the national pokedex to get them, which is post-E4

Lorde
26th March 2011, 9:28 PM
I got inside Pinwheel Forest and wandered around a bit. I fought a Team Plasma grunt and then I headed for the tall grass to begin my search for a Pansear. I was walking around using Repel to spot some of those patches of shaky grass and I found some Audino, but no Pansear. I gave up for the time being and trained outside of Pinwheel Forest and found some more Audino. I battled a couple of trainers and then I found some items on the ground that I picked up. I went around the entire area and trained with Pignite only and it managed to gain tons of experience this way. I headed back to Pinwheel Forest to resume my hunt for Team Plasma and a Pansear. Saved

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 27

Ememew
26th March 2011, 9:38 PM
if you're doing it from the start of the game, dratini, horsea and gible are no-no's, as you need the national pokedex to get them, which is post-E4

Actually, you can trade for Non-Unova Pokemon pre-National Dex, you just can't transfer until then. If you have access to another game that has the NatDex, just transfer them to that one, then trade to Black/White.

Dragrath
26th March 2011, 10:06 PM
lol my friends an I are planing to make mono type post E-4 teams(each person picks two different types for two different teams) (I picked dragon and Ground but I'm having a hard time finding a female Dieno and and adamant Drilbur... sigh)

Sert908
26th March 2011, 10:13 PM
You know what's even cooler. A whole team of lillipups.

waternate
26th March 2011, 10:19 PM
Actually, you can trade for Non-Unova Pokemon pre-National Dex, you just can't transfer until then. If you have access to another game that has the NatDex, just transfer them to that one, then trade to Black/White.

ooohhh didn't know that... ta very much :)

Slowemperor
26th March 2011, 10:44 PM
I was thinking of doing this on Black but I want to try Samurott... I can do a water one but this gen choice in water is not fortunate. I might try Ice/Water even though it is not in your rules.
Or even funnier: Monochrome challenge: only blue pokémon!

poke-lord
26th March 2011, 10:48 PM
I was thinking of doing this on Black but I want to try Samurott... I can do a water one but this gen choice in water is not fortunate. I might try Ice/Water even though it is not in your rules.
Or even funnier: Monochrome challenge: only blue pokémon!

You may be on to something here

Samurott
Jellicent(M)
Gigalith
Tornadus
Beartric
Coballion

GaZsTiC
26th March 2011, 11:04 PM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 2:

Before leaving town I decided to check out the Day-Care Centre. It was pretty cool and I decided to battle some kids, when suddenly, King evolved into his second stage - Servine! Amazed, I decided to run quickly down the pathway when I was swiftly stopped by Cheren who looked eager to battle. Obviously, I bet him - I mean, come on, me and King are unstoppable! However, afterwards, some of those Plasma assholes came running by and fled into the nearby cave. Bianca wobbled by and told me and Cheren to chase after them. Teaming up we took them down with ease -- these "Plasma" people are becoming a real hassle...

After about a half-hour of battling trainers we made it into Nacrene City. To my surprise, that "N" fellow decided to challenge me again, this time a little more ruthless than before. He fled the scene afterwards speaking to himself about a so-called 'plan'... Anyway, I decided to head west to train before challenging the Gym Leader Lenora to a battle. The training went by quickly and I managed to get a decent movepool for King.

To the museum!

Lenora's Trainer Test went by without a fuss and I managed to unlock the secret passageway. The battle begun with Lenora sending out her Herdier which I was able to defeat with a critical hit using King's Leaf Tornado. LUCKY! But then she got more serious and sent out her Watchog. Countless times she managed to put King to sleep, but he managed to pull through with successive use of Mega Drain. The Basic Badge was mine! However, the euphoria didn't last long as Lenora's husband came and told us of a heinous crime that took place - the Dragonite fossil head was stolen! Quickly, me and King chased after Lenora who sped off through the Museum. Thinking positively, I decided to use this opportunity to, not only kick some ***, but to find my next few team members...

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d3/496.png
"King" Level 26

GaZsTiC
27th March 2011, 2:51 AM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 3:

Outside the museum, Lenora and I met a man by the name of Burgh who seemed willing to help us track down the thieving Team Plasma. Incidentally, Bianca and Cheren showed up as well. Our target destination was Pinwheel Forest.

Once inside the forest it became very apparent that this was the PERFECT place to find new team members. First I ran into a Sewaddle whom upon capture I named "Tony". Then after defeating a few Plasma goons, I ran into a Petilil, whom I also caught, and named "Leila". Team Plasma had spread themselves around the forest and it seemed none of them had the Dragonite fossil.

Suddenly, after coming through a fallen log, a Plasma grunt holding the fossil challenged me to a battle. Letting my new team mates get the better of him I was able to safely retrieve the fossil and hand it back to Lenora. In some shaking grass I was also able to find my fourth team member: Pansage, whom I named "Elvis".

Before leaving the forest Tony became restless and then started to shine brightly - he was evolving. Little Tony the Sewaddle had become Tony Tony the Swadloon!

A few Audino's later... and we're off to Castelia City!!!

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d3/496.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c8/541.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c2/Spr_5b_548.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/dc/Spr_5b_511.png
"King" Level 28 || "Tony Tony" Level 21 || "Leila" Level 20 || "Elvis" Level 20

spra92
27th March 2011, 5:31 AM
Just completed my normal run through and was not overwhelmed. Braviary, Sawsbuck, and Bouffalant were my heavy hitters and I breezed through the E4 and Ghetis. My first time through the game was pretty fun.

Any suggestions on a new type for white?

Lorde
27th March 2011, 7:12 AM
I re-entered Pinwheel Forest and encountered several Pokemon inside. I battled some more and resumed my hunt for a Pansear. I finally got lucky and encountered one in the tall grass and I captured it with a Great Ball. I had the Nurse outside heal it and then I trained it like crazy in Pinwheel Forest. After about 45 minutes of training, I managed to get it to level 20 so I continued onwards and battled more trainers and Team Plasma grunts. I got to the final place in Pinwheel Forest and defeated a Team Plasma grunt and got the Dragon Skull item thing back for the Nacrene Museum. I got a Moon Stone from Lenora and I trained in Pinwheel Forest some more to level up Pansear for the Castelia City Gym. Saved.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 28
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cb/513MS.png level 21

GaZsTiC
27th March 2011, 2:36 PM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 4:

After venturing across the Skyarrow Bridge, I finally made it to the huge Castelia City. After training in and around town I decided to travel north to the Desert. Once there I battled everybody in sight. Not long after, Tony Tony began to evolve one again, and reached his final stage Leavanny - whom I aptly named "Tony Tony Chopper". Once I was happy with my training I decided to head back to the Gym.

Burgh ran out and after meeting with Bianca and her ...lively friend Iris we chased down Team Plasma and took down a few Grunts. Moments later, after heading into their hideout, we faced off with them but they quickly vanished. Burgh told me that he would be waiting.

Burgh was quite challenging - his Bug types had a huge advantage against my Grass types. But, no matter, as I was able to pull through thanks to the combined efforts of Tony Tony Chopper's Razor Leaf and King's Slam attack. Once I left the Gym I battled both Bianca and Cheren at the north gate. They were not difficult to beat.

After receiving a call from Professor Juniper it seemed the best place to head was Nimbasa City, which required crossing the Desert...

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d3/496.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/Spr_5b_542.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c2/Spr_5b_548.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/dc/Spr_5b_511.png
"King" Level 29 || "Tony Tony Chopper" Level 25 || "Leila" Level 24 || "Elvis" Level 24

ddestinn3
27th March 2011, 9:04 PM
Going to start with a fighting type team.

Tepig/his evolutions
Throh
Sawk
Conkeldurr
Scrafty
and I need another...

poke-lord
27th March 2011, 9:14 PM
Going to start with a fighting type team.

Tepig/his evolutions
Throh
Sawk
Conkeldurr
Scrafty
and I need another...

Mienshao mabye?

Lorde
27th March 2011, 10:09 PM
Ok I got all my training done at Pinwheel Forest so I set off to Castelia City after healing at the Nacrene City Pokemon Center. I got on the Skyarrow Bridge and made the long trip to Castelia. I got there and I obtained a Fire Stone at the pier there. I evolved Pansear into Simisear and then I explored the city as best as I could. I got to the battle building and trained there for a while. The battles were really difficult even though I had two tough Pokemon with me, but I defeated all the trainers there. I battled against the Dancers as well and then I set off to Liberty Garden to capture Victini. I figured it would be a perfect fit in my Fire-type team. I saved as I arrived on Liberty Garden island.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 29
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 23

GaZsTiC
27th March 2011, 10:23 PM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 5:

I battled many trainers in the Desert allowing my team to slowly level up. When I got to the deep part of the Desert I ran across a Maractus - the perfect opportunity to add a new member to the team. Once I caught her, I named her "Susan".

After a short while I made it to Nimbasa City. Some Team Plasma grunts were there and I took them down with ease before being given a Bicycle as a reward. Bianca showed me the Musical - just no - and then we quickly left where Bianca confronted her father. After talking to the people throughout the city I was given a Sun Stone - and so, after levelling up Leila so that she could learn Quiver Dance, I used it to evolve her into her final stage: Lilligant.

Afterwards I went to the east of the city where I had a talk with N. He revealed that he was a part of Team Plasma and so we battled. After beating him he left the scene. All that was left to do was to challenge Electric-type Gym Leader Elesa.

After a few moments of pondering whether or not to teach Leila Attract, I decided to save just in case and went ahead battling her. Leila sent her first Emolga to sleep and then was able to set up 4 Quiver Dances before finishing off with Giga Drain. Elesa's second Emolga and her Zebstrika went down with only a Giga Drain thanks to the fantastic stat gains from the Quiver Dances. And so, I won the Bolt Badge!

Lesson of the day, folks: Lilligant + Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance (x4) + Giga Drain = a BEAST!

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d3/496.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/Spr_5b_542.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6d/Spr_5b_549.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/dc/Spr_5b_511.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d8/Spr_5b_556.png
"King" Level 29 || "Tony Tony Chopper" Level 28 || "Leila" Level 30 || "Elvis" Level 28 || "Susan" Level 28

Pseudo-Unlegendary
27th March 2011, 11:55 PM
Got a Dark team.

Liepard (starter in wild)
Zoroark (starter)
Krookodile
Hydreigon
Bisharp
Scrafty

Lorde
28th March 2011, 2:45 AM
I battled some Team Plasma grunts on Liberty Garden island and I made my way to the place where Victini was resting. I fought a Team Plasma grunt there as well and then I challenged Victini. I made it faint several times even though I was being careful, but that worked out well since I gained a lot of experience from those battles. I finally cornered Victini and I managed to capture it in an Ultra Ball. With a third Fire-type Pokemon under my belt, I returned to Castelia City but headed to Pinwheel Forest to train Victini. I spent about an hour there training and I only left when Victini was properly leveled up. I healed in Castelia City and then headed for the Gym. Burgh arrived and told me to head for the pier so I saved.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 29
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 25
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 21

Kiya
28th March 2011, 12:17 PM
Wow this seems interesting! I always thought it was bad to have same type because you would die against you weakness super easy. But if I did a type itd be between normal, fire or dark. I may check into this actually!

pyroecstacy
28th March 2011, 4:11 PM
uh not to be a noob or anything, but what is an "uber pokemon"? is it a legenary?

waternate
28th March 2011, 4:16 PM
uh not to be a noob or anything, but what is an "uber pokemon"? is it a legenary?

its the pokemon that are considered way to powerful to compete fairly amongst the normal ones- many legendaries, but not all, are in the uber tier, but there are some non-legendaries (like wobbufet) who are also in there. http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber <this is the 4th gen uber tier. not sure what the new ones are, though i imagine that the new legendary dragons will be in there, and apparently volcarona is...

GaZsTiC
28th March 2011, 5:15 PM

Basically, the most powerful Pokemon are classed as Ubers. However the 5th gen classification has not been finished - so just take an educated guess that Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, the other legendaries, Hydreigon and Volcarona are Ubers for now.

Lorde
28th March 2011, 9:43 PM
I got to the pier in Castelia City and I met Burgh, Bianca, and Iris there. I talked to them and we headed for a buidling where I helped fight off Team Plasma. Stuff happened and they left. I was finally allowed to challenge the Castelia City Gym and I entered the building. I went around battling those clowns and their Bug-type Pokemon. I eventually reached Burgh's placed and I battled him. I defeated his Whirlipede with Victini, his Dwebble with Simisear, and his Leavanny with Pignite. I got the Insect Badge and a TM from Burgh and I left the Gym. I got a call from Bianca and then healed at the Pokemon Center. I headed for the gates to Route 4 but I had to battle Bianca first. I did that and then saved the game before heading out.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 31
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 27
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 24

TheTruth
28th March 2011, 10:29 PM
I've done this before in the third gen when I was using FireRed and Ruby as "feeders" for Pearl, but I haven't thought about it for Black and White. I may actually do this if I decide to go get Black. I'd probably do a Ground team (with Excadrill, Seismitoad, Krookodile, Golurk, at least), a Bug team (Leavanny, Scolipede, Volcarona, Crustle, Galvantula, and Accelgor), or a Fire team (Emboar, Chandelure, Simisear, Darmanitan, Heatmor, and Volcarona). Maybe even a Grass team, because there are a lot of great Grass types this gen.

GaZsTiC
28th March 2011, 11:05 PM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 6:

Before leaving the city I replaced Leila's Sleep Powder with Attract and then battled Cheren. His team caused quite some trouble but Leila was able to take down his Pignite using Attract and then slowly deplinishing his health. Afterwards we met Alder who told me and Cheren to team up for a battle. Moments later we met Elesa who lowered the bridge to Driftveil City for us.

Once I got to Driftveil we were warned by Gym Leader Clay that Team Plasma were operating somewhere. Cheren headed south, and I headed north. I participated in my first Triple Battle and won. Once I reached the north route leaving Driftveil I ran into a Deerling, and after catching it, named him "Bambi" - my final Grass-type team member. I continued training as I headed north but once I reached the blocked entrance to Chargestone Cave, I headed back the way I came.

After healing, I headed south towards the Cold Storage and battled my way through. Upon reaching what seemed the end, Cheren arrived and together we went into an open stack-block. Inside were the Team Plasma operatives who we took down one by one. Clay eventually turned up and arrested the lot before returning to his Gym.

Once I made it to Clay's Gym, Ghetsis appeared and reclaimed his men. Clay went back inside and so I followed and defeated each of the trainers in the Gym. I challenged Clay quite cocky since I figured his Ground-types would be no match for my team of Grass-types - and for Krokorok this was true. However, Clay's Excadrill outsped and defeated a few of my Pokemon due to the use of the move Hone Claws. Eventually I took him down and then quickly defeated his final Pokemon Palpitoad, earning myself the Quake Badge.

After healing my Pokemon I began to head north once again but was stopped by Bianca who was looking for a battle. Her team gave in to mine fairly easily. After the battle I finally used the Leaf Stone to evolve Elvis to his final stage: Simisage. And so I restarted my trek up north from Driftveil City to the Chargestone Cave...

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d3/496.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/Spr_5b_542.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6d/Spr_5b_549.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c5/Spr_5b_512.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d8/Spr_5b_556.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/53/585A.png

"King" Level 33 || "Tony Tony Chopper" Level 33 || "Leila" Level 32 || "Elvis" Level 32 || "Susan" Level 32 || "Bambi" Level 29

Lorde
29th March 2011, 2:05 AM
I finally went to Route 4 but then Cheren appeared so I had to waste time with another tedious rival battle. I finished that up and then I explored the area a little bit. I captured a wild Darumaka for my team but I didn't want to waste time training it myself so I went all the way back to Route 3 and left it at the Day Care Center. I returned to Castelia City, healed, and then went back to Route 4 to train. I battled against wild Pokemon and trainers and then I reached the gates to Nimbasa City. I arrived and Professor Juniper handed me the Ultra Balls and I obtained the Bike from the Day Care man once I helped him get rid of Team Plasma. I healed at the Nimbasa City Pokemon Center and saved as I headed back out to Route 4.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 33
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 28
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 26

PsychoIncarnate
29th March 2011, 2:29 AM
Edit: Deleted; not needed

Lorde
30th March 2011, 5:01 AM
I went to the Desert Resort to battle some trainers today. I got there and battled until my Pokemon were reasonably trained and then I entered the Relic Castle. I didn't get to do much inside since most of it was off-limits but I obtained a fossil there. I picked up some items and then returned to Nimbasa City. I went to thr Ferris wheel and met up with N once again. I battled him once we got off and I then headed for the Nimbasa City Gym after healing at the Pokemon Center. I battled the first few Gym trainers but their Pokemon were really strong so I had a difficult time. I rode around the Gym in those rollar coaster cars and I arrived at Elesa's location. I saved before battling her for the Bolt Badge.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 34
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 31
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 28

AZIIKO4876
30th March 2011, 8:37 PM
I already completed such a challenge without knowing it.....bleh w/e i guess.

Lorde
30th March 2011, 10:59 PM
Elesa sure was an interesting Gym Leader. Her Pokemon did a better job at weakening my own Pokemon than I had originally thought. Pignite was able to take out Elesa's first Emolga without much difficulty but her Zebstrika gave Simisear a really challenge. I had to swap out to Victini and then swap back out with Simisear just to finish it off. I used Victini against Elesa's last Emolga but it fainted. Good grief. Pignite had to take care of that and I obtained the Bolt Badge when that was done. I left the Gym to heal at the Pokemon Center and then I went to train a bit at Lostlorn Forest since battling Elesa totally freaked me out. After some battles, I headed for the gate to Route 5. Saved.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Ani499MS.png level 35
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 33
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 30

GaZsTiC
31st March 2011, 12:25 AM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 7:

Clay used his Krokorok to get rid of the web that blocked the entrance to the Chargestone Cave. Once I entered I met N who quickly ran off. I then met Professor Juniper and Bianca who were attempting to get through the cave. I battled my way through the cave against both trainers and Team Plasma members until I got to the end. N was waiting and we had a battle. After the battle Bambi had levelled up enough to evolve into a Sawsbuck. Juniper and Bianca soon caught up and N left the cave. I also left the cave and entered Mistralton City.

I met Skyla who then left to go to the Celestial Tower. I followed after her once I had healed and soon found the tower, and so decided to climb it. The climb up the tower wasn't particularly difficult and, along the way, King finally evolved to his final stage: Serperior. I met with Skyla on the top and rang the large bell. Deciding that I was a strong trainer, Skyla departed for the Gym ready to face my challenge. So, after healing my team once again, I headed for the Gym.

After being shot a dozen times out of the cannons I finally made it to Skyla and had our battle. She was a very difficult opponent and it took my entire team to defeat her (and many Lemonades). Once I bet her she gave me the Jet Badge and I went into the final cannon to return to the entrance of the Gym.

Once I got outside I saw N once again. After talking with him I decided to head east with the destination of Icirrus City in mind...

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/Spr_5b_497.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/Spr_5b_542.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6d/Spr_5b_549.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c5/Spr_5b_512.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d8/Spr_5b_556.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/13/Spr_5b_586A.png

"King" Level 36 || "Tony Tony Chopper" Level 36 || "Leila" Level 37 || "Elvis" Level 36 || "Susan" Level 36 || "Bambi" Level 37

Lorde
31st March 2011, 3:47 AM
The minute I walked into Route 5, I was challenged by Cheren again. I had to battle him with only my three Pokemon and it was a lot harder than our previous battle. I got that done and we met up with Elesa once again and then Alder of the Unova Pokemon League. He had us battled some Preschoolers and after that, Elesa ordered that the Driftveil Drawbridge be lowed for us to cross. I ran across it and I managed to get to Driftveil City at long last and I met up with Clay. Once he talked about Team Plasma I went to the Pokemon Center to heal. I went back to Route 5 to train and Pignite evolved into Emboar! I stayed there for about half an hour and I saved as I returned to Driftveil City after training.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/db/Ani500MS.png level 36
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 34
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 32

Kokukirin
31st March 2011, 7:33 AM
I started a mono-bug team for White. Just finished cold storage.

It sucks that the first bug comes after the 2nd gym, which also happens to be one of the hardest. Anyways, I captured an adament Sewaddle at first catch and then found a jolly venipede later. I named the former "Loth" for Lothlorien because of its bug/grass type and the latter "Tox" for Toxin because of its poison type. Not very original, I know.

Then on the way to Nimbasa city, I caught a Dwebble (named "Fort" because of its great defense), who quickly proves its worth by covering flying and fire.

The first big challenge came from Elesa's Emolgas. Leavanny's 4x weakness to flying means it cannot be counted on. So I resorted to Dwebble's stealth rock, which would take away 1/4 of their HP for each volt switch, but Elesa kept using it anyway. After they wore themselves down, Scolipede mopped up the rest.

Current team:

"Fort" Dwebble lv 33
"Tox" Scolipede lv 33
"Loth" Leavanny lv 32

Lady Serperior
31st March 2011, 6:57 PM
Hiya guys and gals I'm gonna be doing a Muliti-type Challenge

Emboar (fire/fight)
Swanna (flying/water)
Levanny (bug/grass)
Excadrill (ground/steel)
Crustle (rock/bug)
Hydregion(dark/dragon)

That's alot of multi lol

GaZsTiC
31st March 2011, 7:35 PM
Hiya guys and gals I'm gonna be doing a Muliti-type Challenge

Emboar (fire/fight)
Swanna (flying/water)
Levanny (bug/grass)
Excadrill (ground/steel)
Crustle (rock/bug)
Hydregion(dark/dragon)

That's alot of multi lol

Um...wrong section. This is for MONOtype challenges.

Lorde
31st March 2011, 8:52 PM
Since I got back to Driftveil City I decided to participate in one of those triple battles. I battled that Biker name Charles with Emboar, Simisear, and Victini and I won my first triple battle quite easily. I went to heal at the Pokemon Center and then I heard for the Cold Storage area again. I entered the main building there and I slid around on the ice. I battled the trainers inside and picked up various items and I entered the container there. Team Plasma was inside and Cheren and I fought them off. Clay arrived to take them away and I was free to leave. I healed at the local Pokemon Center once again and headed for the Gym. Ghetsis arrived and Team Plasma left the city and I was allowed to enter the Gym. Saved.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/db/Ani500MS.png level 37
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 35
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 33

CT_Bowes
31st March 2011, 9:16 PM
I've wanted to attempt this, but haven't been able to stick to one. I'm gonna try for real now. i also have both games.

I've adapted to trading in a random starter egg from gen 1-3 that i acquire from someone. I started grass on Black and was fortunate enough to receive a Tangela, so I'll start that.

I also have Pokemon white. Would anyone like to suggest a type the would trade me an egg from. Don't tell me the Pokemon, just make sure it's not bad.

foxyman1167
1st April 2011, 1:00 AM
I'm thinking of a Bug monotype for my next playthrough of Pokemon Black;

Volcarona
Escavalier
Crustle
Scolipede
Accelgor
Galvantula

GaZsTiC
1st April 2011, 1:42 AM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 8:

I mad my way to Twist Mountain where I met Cheren and Alder again. I went inside after Cheren and slowly made my way through the system of passageways. Once I reached the exit I met with Cedric once again. After training in the wetlands I decided to challenge the Icirrus City Gym.

Brycen was easy - I swept him with Bambi's Jump Kick. He gave me the Freeze Badge and I went down the ice-slide to leave. Once outside I met with Bianca, Cheren, and Brycen who had come out after me. I was told that Plasma were excavating the Dragonspiral Tower. So, after healing and talking to Cedric once again, I made my way to the entrance of the Tower.

I slowly made my way up battling Team Plasma grunts. I got to the top where I saw N take control of Reshiram. After discussing a little of his plans he left on Reshiram. Upset, I left with Cheren and Brycen.

After healing my Pokemon I stepped outside the Center and noticed that the season had changed from Autumn to Winter, and so, Bambi changed to his Winter forme. Realising I only needed one more Badge to enter the Pokemon League I headed east to go to Opelucid City.

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/Spr_5b_497.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/Spr_5b_542.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6d/Spr_5b_549.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c5/Spr_5b_512.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d8/Spr_5b_556.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b0/Spr_5b_586W.png

"King" Level 42 || "Tony Tony Chopper" Level 42 || "Leila" Level 43 || "Elvis" Level 42 || "Susan" Level 42 || "Bambi" Level 42

PsychoIncarnate
1st April 2011, 1:44 AM
What do you do with a monotype challenge if you type isn't available for half the game?

waternate
1st April 2011, 1:48 AM
What do you do with a monotype challenge if you type isn't available for half the game?

you can trade an egg?

Lorde
1st April 2011, 8:31 PM
I challenged the Driftveil City Gym this morning. I went inside and battled against the Gym trainers and then once that was done and I healed, I headed for Clay's underground room. He used Krokorok first and I used Simisear against it. It was a tough battle but Simisear managed to win with a critical hit move. I used Victini against Palpitoad but I swapped for Simisear once again since Victini couldn't handle Palpitoad on its own. I defeated that and Clay sent out his Excadrill after that. I used Emboar and even though I was using Fighting-type moves, Clay's Excadrill was still mighty tough. I eventually defeated it and got the Quake Badge from Clay. I saved once I got to the Pokemon Center since I wanted to rest.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/db/Ani500MS.png level 39
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 37
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 35

Kirbycollin1
2nd April 2011, 9:42 AM
I really wish i had seen this before i started. Oh well i may get a copy of black. Any ideas for what type i should go with?

GaZsTiC
2nd April 2011, 8:48 PM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Part 9:

After making it to the Desert Resort I went to the Relic Castle. After finding my way through I met with Alder and Cheren where we confronted Ghetsis. We left and headed to Nacrene City. Lenora met us at the museum and gave us the Dark Stone. With that done I went back to Icirrus City. Before going onto Tubeline Bridge, I was stopped by Bianca for a battle. She was easy and after beating her I ventured out onto the bridge.

I eventually made it to Opelucid City and after meeting with Iris and Drayden, following another public Team Plasma event, I decided to train my Pokemon well for the final Gym.

The trainers in the Gym were quite difficult to beat and I had to constantly go back and forth to the Pokemon Centre. Once I had beat all the trainers and healed I challenged Iris. Her Pokemon were quite tricky to beat but I got lucky and defeated her Haxorus before it destroyed my entire team. I left and Professor Juniper gave me some advice, and the Master Ball.

I went up into Route 10. Cheren wanted to have one last battle with me. His team was incredibly difficult to beat - especially his Emboar. Him and Bianca then left and I made my way to the Gym Badge gate. Once that was over I was on Victory Road. It took me a while but I got to the top in the end. I healed my Pokemon and took a look at their movesets. I was happy with their level, so I spoke with the man who guarded the entrance to the Pokemon League. He moved out of my way allowing me to enter...

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/47/Spr_5b_497.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/48/Spr_5b_542.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6d/Spr_5b_549.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c5/Spr_5b_512.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d8/Spr_5b_556.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b0/Spr_5b_586W.png

"King" Level 48 || "Tony Tony Chopper" Level 48 || "Leila" Level 48 || "Elvis" Level 48 || "Susan" Level 48 || "Bambi" Level 48

Lorde
3rd April 2011, 1:03 AM
I left Driftveil City but battled Bianca along the way to Route 6. I defeated her easily and she handed over the HM for Fly. I healed and then headed for Route 6 where I battled and trained until I arrived at Chargestone Cave. Clay appeared and handed the TM for Bulldozer and then he left. I met up with Professor Juniper, Bianca, and N inside the cave and I made my way through the cave until I battled some Team Plasma grunts. They were tough so I had to exit the cave and heal my Pokemon at the rest house on Route 6. More battles took place and I met up with N at the end of Chargestone Cave. We had yet another battle and I mopped the floor with his Pokemon. He left the cave and I arrived in Mistralton City where I healed at the local Pokemon Center. Saved.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/db/Ani500MS.png level 41
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 39
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 38

Wildfyre
3rd April 2011, 2:00 AM
I might do a fighting type challenge with

Scraggy - Scrafty
Timburr - Gurdurr - Conkeldurr
Tepig - Pignite - Emboar
Sawk
Virizion
Terrakion

Oh and btw The 4th Kira, if you are doing a fire type challenge, I reccomned you also use darmanitan.

Ditto123
3rd April 2011, 2:11 AM
I MIGHT start one in black. Any type sggestions?

yeminied
3rd April 2011, 2:22 AM

You either don't do it or trade over a number of eggs

Wildfyre
3rd April 2011, 2:36 AM
I MIGHT start one in black. Any type sggestions?

Dark, Fighting or Grass.

Lorde
3rd April 2011, 10:23 PM
Haha. I had totally forgotten about the Darumaka I had left to train at the Day Care Center on Route 3 so I headed on over to Route 3 once again and I took it out. It managed to level up to level 25, which wasn't so bad. I trained it as best as I could at Chargestone Cave and I eventually got it to level up to level 29. I added it to my team and I explored Mistralton City. After picking up various items I left north to Route 7 since I had to make the tip to Celestial Tower. I battled along the way, mostly using Darumaka since I wanted it to get stronger, and I arrived at Celestial Tower. I battled a bit there and then I encountered a wild Litwick. I wanted it for my team so I captured it. I then reached the summit of the tower and I met Skyla. I got her to return to the Gym and I saved.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/db/Ani500MS.png level 42
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 40
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 39
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fb/Ani554MS.png level 32
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3f/Ani607MS.png level 29

CaptainCombusken
3rd April 2011, 10:33 PM
Doing a Fighting one in Black, should I get it.

Emboar
Conkeldurr/Terrakion
Mienshao
Throh/Virizion
Sawk/Cobalion
Scrafty.

Basically, apart from Terrakion who I'm unsure if I want to use yet, I will sue Throh and Sawk until I unlock the musketeers.

Kokukirin
3rd April 2011, 11:17 PM
Finally defeated N and Ghetis with the mono bug team. It was very hard.

Team:
Leavanny
Durant
Galvantula
Scolipede
Crustle
Larvesta

Every member is between level 50 to 55, except for Larvesta who was at 29.

Elite 4 was relatively easy. Bug type is good against Psychic and Dark. While Leavanny has Shadow Claw for Ghost. Fighting type was the hardest to deal with, but Leavanny, Galvantula, and Durant took them down quickly.

The hard part began with Zekrom. No one on the team had a real status move. Galvantula's Thunder's 30% paralysis helped, but it took 3 restarts to finally capture it.

Then came two consecutive battles. N's main threat was Reshiram. With only Crustle neutral to fire, every other team member would be OHKOed. I had to resort to sacrificial tactics: Scolipede Screech Reshiram's defence down, let it be KOed, then finish Reshiram with Durant's Dig. Then came "KlingKlang" who caught me off guard with flamethrower and fainted Durant. I sent Galvantula, who (even with compound eye) promptly missed TWO Thunders in a row and fainted. So I sent Larvesta out to buy a turn, revived Galvantula, and sent it back out. This time Thunder OHKOed "KlingKlang", who turned out to be Zoroark in disguise. Galvantula went on to sweep the rest, without missing Thunders this time.

Ghetis was even harder. Cofagrigus landed Toxic on Galvantula, so I sent Scolipede out and Full Restored Galvantula, but Scolipede was taken out by Psychic. Durant in turn took Cofagrigus out with Crunch. Then came the biggest trouble. Hydreigon's Fire Blast + Surf mean every bug I have would be OHKOed. It was also faster than most of my team and had good enough defence to take one hit and live. It KOed Durant (thought I would outspeed it with Durant...). Galvantula landed one Signal Beam, got taken out by Fire Blast, revived, and landed second Signal Beam to KO Hydreigon. Bisharp took one Thunder and barely lived through it and again KOed Galvantula with Stone Edge. This time Crustle took it down. Then Leavanny took out Seismitoad with ease but felled by Electross' Flamethrower. Again I sent Larvesta out to buy a turn to revive Galvantula. Galvantula took Electross out with Signal Beam, then (again) missed two Thunders on Ghetis' last pokemon, Bouffalant, and fainted. Thankfully, Crustle stood strong and won the battle in the end.

Story to take home? Galvantula is good, but pray it does not miss Thunders.

Lorde
4th April 2011, 9:02 PM
I left Celestial Tower and trained my newly captured Litwick on Route 7 along with my Darumaka. I finished up training there and I headed back to Mistralton City. I entered the Gym and I battled the Gym trainers inside. I navigated through it and I got to Skyla's place. I challenged her and she used Swoobat first. I used Victini against it and I beat it with a few Fire-type attacks. Skyla then sent out her Unfezant and I used Litwick against it. I had trouble so I switched to Darumaka and I defeated Unfezant. She sent out Swanna last and I had to swap out to Simisear. That battle was hard since Swanna was also a Water-type but I managed to beat it eventually and I won the Jet Badge from Skyla. I left the Gym to heal at the Pokemon Center after that.

My current team:

- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/db/Ani500MS.png level 42
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Ani514MS.png level 42
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/Ani494MS.png level 41
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fb/Ani554MS.png level 34
- http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3f/Ani607MS.png level 32

GaZsTiC
10th April 2011, 9:23 PM
My Grass-type Unovian Adventure: Final Part:

I bet each member of the Elite 4 with ease -- since my Pokemon all had the best move types to counter their Pokemon: Bug, Dark, Ghost, Fighting, Flying. Afterwards, the pillar in the centre of the main room allowed to travel down to Alder's chambers.

N stood there talking to Alder. He activated the final part of his plan and sent his castle up from underground - which smashed up the Pokemon League building in the process. With the backing of Alder and Cheren I decided to venture into the castle to finally put an end to Team Plasma's plans.

I finally made it to the top where N awaited with his Reshiram. The Dark Stone reacted and Zekrom appeared, wanting me to catch it. After a few Dusk Balls I caught him and boxed him straight away - since he's not a Grass-type.

After my Pokemon were healed by N, we began our battle. His Reshiram was incredibly difficult to beat: I had to rely on PP loss of its Fire-type moves in order to take it down. Quickly after Reshiram was defeated N sent out his other Pokemon which were swiftly taken down. However, his Archeops was tough to beat as well due to it being a Flying-type. After beating his final Pokemon Ghetsis appeared and revealed his true nature. He challenged me to a battle with his strongest Pokemon. However, his male Pokemon were no match to Leila's Attract--Quiver Dance--Giga Drain technique, and so, I eventually won the battle. Team Plasma had been stopped.

N released Reshiram and I went back home. My Grass Monotype adventure was over...

Final Team -:

"King" Level 50 || "Tony Tony Chopper" Level 49 || "Leila" Level 52 || "Elvis" Level 48 || "Susan" Level 48 || "Bambi" Level 49

Lorde
11th April 2011, 12:00 AM
Tons of stuff happened since I last updated. I went to Twist Mountain and got the HM for Surf. Darumaka evolved into Darmanitan while I trained there, too. I arrived in Icirrus City after training a bit and I challenged the local Gym. I defeated all the Gym trainers inside and I challenged Brycen. I had an easy time against him since I had a team of Fire-type Pokemon to counter his Ice-type Pokemon with. I defeated him and I obtained the Freeze Badge. I left his Gym but Cheren and Bianca arrived and then I got involved in another Team Plasma plot. I healed at the Pokemon Center and I headed for Dragonspiral Tower. I climbed to the summit and I battled tons of Team Plasma grunts along the way. I got to the top and N disappeared on a dragon. I left the tower and made my way to Relic Castle. Saved.

My current team:

:500: level 44
:514: level 43
:494: level 43
:555: level 38
:607: level 37

kuppies
13th April 2011, 11:31 PM
i'm planning a bug team, too. durant, volcorona, accelgor, Galvantula, scyther and heracross. any opinions?

XXD17
14th April 2011, 12:24 AM
I always do a dragon monotype for all my games...the only problem is that there are never lots of dragons so I try my best to stick to the dragon theme...and I never use ubers...

Haxorus
Hydreigon
Druddigon
Altaria
Flygon
Salamence

I'm just glad I can actually use all an all dragon team since I got a trapinch and a bagon in white forest...

SolomonPiper
14th April 2011, 8:44 AM
Hmm, there aren't too many psychic types this gen are there? Enough to make a team?

PolarisJunkie
14th April 2011, 8:58 AM
Hmm, there aren't too many psychic types this gen are there? Enough to make a team?

I think only 7 are available with Victini being the only one with a unique secondary typing.

Reuniclus
Gothielle
Swoobat
Sigilyph
Beheeyem
Musharna
Victini

CaptainCombusken
14th April 2011, 12:19 PM
Still, You can get varied movepools with those Psychic types. Victini has Fire (and if you get this special event released in Japan Electric- I want that Victini), Musharna if a Status Pokemon mainly anyway, but if you Calm Mind it up enough, stored Power is going to do masses of damage.
Reuniclus has an extremely varied movepool. Gothithelle has Dark moves (they're Physical, but she can have Dark Pulse as an egg move). Swoobat and Sigilyph are basically the same, they can learn similar things. So choose out of one of those.
Beeheeyem is mainly suited to Double and Triple battles. It also is mainly Status and Defensive, although it does also learn some good moves.
You're only really missing some good Water moves with Psychic really. And if you already have Black or White as well, trading over some good Psychic Pokemon can win the day (I'm thinking Slowbro here btw.)

Anyway, so yeah, when I get Black, I'm departing on a Monotype, Nuclocke AND Scramble challenge all in one. Not strictly speaking a pure Monotype because I'm using two types (because the Nuclocke aspect will kill me if I don't) but yeah. This is my result.

Black Team (Main Storyline)- This is a Nuclocke AND Fighting/Fire type team as well as being a Scramble challenge

Grunt (Tepig--> Pignite--> Emboar)
Aural (Mienfoo--> Mienshao)
Gí (Sawk) (Limited to only one Fighting move in Moveset throughout journey)
Lumin(a) (Litwick--> Lampent---> Chandelure)
Rouser (Scarggy --> Scrafty) (Must have Dragon dance as an egg Move...)
Sur Skit (Larvesta --> Volcarona) (No STAb move sober 70 base power before evolving, Must have the Egg Move Morning sun.)

It's going to be an interesting one.

Zhanton
14th April 2011, 1:19 PM
Anyway, so yeah, when I get Black, I'm departing on a Monotype, Nuclocke AND Scramble challenge all in one. Not strictly speaking a pure Monotype because I'm using two types (because the Nuclocke aspect will kill me if I don't) but yeah. This is my result.

Black Team (Main Storyline)- This is a Nuclocke AND Fighting/Fire type team as well as being a Scramble challenge

Grunt (Tepig--> Pignite--> Emboar)
Aural (Mienfoo--> Mienshao)
Gí (Sawk) (Limited to only one Fighting move in Moveset throughout journey)
Lumin(a) (Litwick--> Lampent---> Chandelure)
Rouser (Scarggy --> Scrafty) (Must have Dragon dance as an egg Move...)
Sur Skit (Larvesta --> Volcarona) (No STAb move sober 70 base power before evolving, Must have the Egg Move Morning sun.)

It's going to be an interesting one.

Umm, how is it going to be a Nuzlocke if you already know what Pokemon you're going to catch...? Aren't Nuzlocke's "catch the first Pokemon you find in given area"?

CaptainCombusken
14th April 2011, 1:47 PM
Yeah, I thought someone would ask that.

It'll be "Catch the first one of this species you see" rather than the other rules. I'm still following the normal rules as well no routes where there aren't any Pokemon that I need. So basically, on route 1, I will catch the firts Pokemon I see. Same as on route 2. Except I just won't use them at all. I won't use the Pansage at all, I'll just obtain it. I will catch a Pidove or Bliztle, but not use it. Same for Roggenrola and Woobat.

When I get to the outside of Pinwheel Forets, the Location of my first Pokemon in my challenge, I will catch the firts Pokemon I see. If it applies to my monotype challenge (if it's a Sawk, Throh or Timburr) then I will keep it and use it until it dies. But I will also then catch the firsi Sawk I see and use it in my team throughout.

Same applies to route 4. If I see a Darumaka, I will use it until it dies. If Sandile is the First I see, it just gets boxed straight away. If I see Scraggy first, fantastic, I don't need to catch anything else (yeah, even though I'm breeding Scraggy, bad example).

So, to recap: I will still be following the fainting rule. I will just need to catch a new one or if it's my Tepig/Pignite/Emboar, god Forbid, I will need to reset.
I will always catch the first Pokemon I see on a route. If it is Fire or Fighting type, I keep it in my party. If it isn't, it just gets boxed straight away. If it is a Pokemon I need for my Scramble challenge, it never leaves my party. The ones that aren't for my Scramble that still follow my monotype challenge are basically sacrifices. If a Scramble challenge Pokemin is about to die (for Example, Lenora's Watchog) then I switch in a non-Scramble challenge Pokemon. By the time I get my last Scramble challenge Pokemon, Everything, whether it follows my Monotype or not, goes straight to my PC.

Yeah. More of a Confirmation for me, this post. But I need it.

Lorde
14th April 2011, 5:53 PM
Well I went back to Nimbasa City the long way and I arrived at Route 4 eventually. I got to the Desert Resort and I managed to make it to the Relic Castle. I met Cheren there and I went inside. I made it to a new area of the Relic Castle and I had to battle Team Plasma grunts on my way down to the bottom of the castle. I eventually got there and I found Alder and Ghetsis. Ghetsis left and I left the castle after that. I got a call from Juniper so I headed to Nacrene City. I got the Dark Stone there and I headed for Opelucid City once that was done. I trained along the way and I visited the Moor of Icirrus since I wanted to train my Pokemon up a little bit, especially Litwick. I trained for about 40 minutes, healed at the Icirrus City Pokemon Center and then headed out again. Saved.

My current team:

:500: level 45
:514: level 44
:494: level 43
:555: level 40
:607: level 40

XXD17
14th April 2011, 7:57 PM

reuniclus
swoobat
gothitelle
musharna
beheeyum
sigilyph
victini

take your pick :)

GaZsTiC
17th April 2011, 6:13 AM
My Water-type Unovian Adventure: Part 1:

Professor Juniper gave me, Cheren and Bianca a present which contained a Pokemon for each of us. I chose which one would be mine first, which was Oshawott. I named him Sammy. Bianca immediately wanted to battle with her Tepig. Afterwards, Cheren also battled me with his Snivy. We left to go to Juniper's lab where we received our PokeDex.

The three of us made our way to Accumula Town where we saw Team Plasma. A guy around our age called N wanted to battle - he was very easy to beat. He then left.

Later on I made it to Striaton City, but, before I entered, Bianca arrived and wanted to battle. Sammy was quickly able to beat both her Tepig and Lillipup. I went to the Trainer School and saw Cheren. I battled his Snivy and Purrloin who were both easy to beat. After some training I headed to the Gym.

Once inside and after solving the Gym puzzles I battled Cilan. His Lillipup was easy to beat once I used Sammy's Focus Energy allowing me to take it down with a Critical Hit Water Gun. His Pansage was a little more tricky to defeat as had to rely on Tackle and hope to get another Critical. After a few normal Tackle hits and his Pansage being healed to full health, Sammy achieved a second Critical Hit and defeated Pansage.

With the Trio Badge I left the Gym...

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0c/Spr_5b_501.png

"Sammy" Level 16

Lorde
17th April 2011, 8:25 PM
I headed to Route 8 after taking care of stuff in Icirrus City. I battled some trainers along the way but I stopped by the Moor of Icirrus to pick up items and stuff. I battled a bit there as well and then I left again. I got to the gate at the Tubeline Bridge and I made my way to Route 9. After meeting up with Ghetsis, I got to Route 9 and battled some Bikers there. I went to Shopping Mall Nine and I shopped for some items. I also trained for about 30 minutes in the tall grass there and then I headed for Opelucid City. Team Plasma was there and once they left, I followed Iris to Drayden's house where they talked about the legendary dragons. I left the house and saved after healing at the Pokemon Center.

My current team:

:500: level 46
:514: level 45
:494: level 45
:555: level 42
:608: level 41

GaZsTiC
19th April 2011, 4:17 AM
My Water-type Unovian Adventure: Part 2:

After leaving the Gym I headed towards the Day-Care Centre where I met Cheren looking for a battle. Sammy was quickly able to beat his team. After the battle, Sammy began to glow white and changed shape. He had evolved into a Dewott!

Suddenly, some Plasma grunts ran past us. Me and Cheren chased them to the cave and teamed up to take them down.

Once I got to Nacrene City I met N at the entrance to the Gym. He battled me and I managed to defeat him. I headed to the route west for training when a Tympole appeared. I caught him and named him "Doki" - he was to be my second team member! After training both him and Sammy for a while I headed back to the Gym.

After unlocking to secret entrance to Lenora's study I asked her to battle me. Her Herdier was easy to beat with Doki but then her Watchog came in and used Retaliate which was able to OHKO Doki. I sent in Sammy and after, luckily, not getting hit by Hypnosis, was able to defeat Watchog with a few Razor Shells. I won the Basic Badge!!

Team Plasma came into the Museum and stole the Dragonite fossil head. I went outside with Lenora and met Cheren, Bianca and a man named Burgh. We decided to chase Team Plasma down in the forest...

Current Team -:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a7/Spr_5b_502.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/da/Spr_5b_535.png

"Sammy" Level 23 | "Doki" Level 22

Mr G W
19th April 2011, 4:40 PM
I completed my White Version using only Bug-types. Although I did have my Grass Starter and a Ducklett with HMs, all important battles such as Gyms and Elites were beaten only by Bug types.

Lorde
19th April 2011, 9:12 PM
I explored Opelucid City a bit after I talked to Iris and Drayden. I went to the Battle House and I participated in some battles there. I healed after that and then I went around to the other houses to collect items. I wasn't really in the mood to challenge the Opelucid City Gym yet, so I went to Route 9 to train my Pokemon a bit, particularly Lampent and Darmanitan. I battled in the tall grass and I managed to level them up slowly but surely. I healed in between training sessions and I finally managed to level them up properly. I heaed for the Opelucid City Gym after that and I battled two Gym trainers. They were tough, but I managed to beat them after a few hits. I continued onwards at the Gym and I activated a few switches that made the paths change. I saved while heading for more trainers.

My current team:

:500: level 47
:514: level 46
:494: level 46
:555: level 45
:608: level 44

Dark_Leo
20th April 2011, 1:29 AM
Saw this thread, and decided to add in to it. I only train Dark Pokemon anyway, so a Mono type challenge works for.

1) Liepard
2) Scrafty
3) Krookodile
4) Bisharp
5) Mandibuzz
6) Hydreigon
7) Zoroark (Should I be lucky enough to trade for one.)

I will also use any Dreamworld Pokemon that fit my typing. And I will list them here.

Mightyena
Honchkrow
Sharpedo
Crawdaunt

That is all. I will post again once I start and make some progress.

Mr G W
20th April 2011, 6:26 PM
I got Zoruas with Snarl. If you need one, give me a call.

Lorde
21st April 2011, 12:51 AM
I battled some more trainers inside of the Opelucid City Gym and I finally managed to get to Iris's place. Sadly, I had to leave to heal so I went out and came back. After going through the Gym once more, I challenged her. She sent out her Fraxure and I used my Victini against it. After a few turns, I defeated Fraxure and swapped out to Lampent. Iris's Druddigon was too much for Victini to handle, though, so I swapped out with Darmanitan and I defeated Druddigon. Iris sent out her Haxorus and I used Emboar against it. It was a tough match, but I scored a critical hit and I beat it. I defeated Iris and obtained the Legend Badge and the TM containing Dragon Tail. I teleported back to the Gym's entrance and I saved before heading out to the Pokemon Center.

My current team:

:500: level 48
:514: level 46
:494: level 47
:555: level 46
:608: level 45

PokeMEN
21st April 2011, 2:23 PM
my sisters doing this with fire haha (:

Yaoi Fan Boy
21st April 2011, 10:49 PM
i would definetly do a bug type if i get my hands on a white... dont wanna start my black all over... >.>

Lorde
22nd April 2011, 3:13 AM
I left the Opelucid City Gym and I ran into Professor Juniper. She showed me to Route 10 and then she handed me the Master Ball. I left to the Pokemon Center after that and I healed my team and stocked up on items. I then headed to the Battle House to train a bit. I flew back to Nimbasa City and I set out to battle at the Sport Stadiums. Once all that was done, I headed to Opelucid City once again and I went to Route 10. I battled a trainer and trained in the tall grass for a while. I then battled Cheren on my way to Victory Road. He was a lot tougher this time around, but I still managed to beat him. I healed in Opelucid City after that and I trained some more on Route 10 by battling Audino. I eventually saved when I reached the gates of Victory Road.

My current team:

:500: level 49
:514: level 48
:494: level 47
:555: level 47
:608: level 46

Aura Flare Riolu
26th April 2011, 5:52 PM
Hmm I should consider doing a Monotype challenge myself. I'll probably do Water or Fire. If I choose Fire, I can get Victini. Yay! :494:

AgentBonkers
26th April 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm considering also getting a white game...if so, i might do a mono challenge...fighting, ghost...maybe fire or psychic...

Lorde
27th April 2011, 5:52 AM
I crossed all the gates before Victory Road and I finally arrived there. I entered the caverns there and I trained against the wild Pokemon. I got around and battled some of the trainers as well. I eventually reached the outside of Victory Road again and I encountered a wild Heatmor. Since I lacked a sixth Fire-type Pokemon, I decided to capture it. I added it to my team and I proceeded to train. I leveled everyone up a bit and I reached the end of Victory Road before too long. I got the last items that I could find and I arrived at the Pokemon League. I healed there at the Pokemon Center and then I set off for Opelucid City again to train some more. I also needed to find a Dusk Stone for Lampent, so I went there to rest before searching. I saved at the Battle House in Opelucid City.

My current team:

:500: level 51
:514: level 50
:494: level 49
:555: level 48
:608: level 48
:631: level 43

bobandbill
30th April 2011, 9:47 AM
Closing as we now have a new section for challenges (click here!). (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230) You may continue your current challenge here in the respective thread in that section without needing to go back and c+p posts however. Please check the rules of the section first as well. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=514893)