PDA

View Full Version : Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

ebiltun
27th August 2011, 1:25 AM
^Hacked, correct me if I am wrong, there is no Dream World Tyrogue, or Dream World Hitmonlee at the moment.

Benefactor
27th August 2011, 1:27 AM
Even if there was a dream world Tyrogue the ability couldn't be bred, so yes it's a hack.

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 1:46 AM
Even if there was a dream world Tyrogue the ability couldn't be bred, so yes it's a hack.

exactly, because Tyrogue are Male only

Bla7kCaT
27th August 2011, 1:47 AM
is there a list somewhere of what dream world pokemon have been released, and when the others will be released?

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 1:48 AM
is there a list somewhere of what dream world pokemon have been released, and when the others will be released?

here-http://serebii.net/events/globallink.shtml, google is also a good friend

Superjohnny
27th August 2011, 1:56 AM
I have a pokemon I got via wifi and I wanna know if it is good.

Dusknoir (nick: Noctunoir)
lvl 62
Nature: Docile
Ability: Pressure (this got me suspicious)
OT: MESSI
Characteristic: Good perseverance
Female
Nature: docile
Not shiny
Moves: Rock slide, shadow punch, double team, protect
Caught at lvl 62(You can do that!?)
Current lvl: 62
Stats: HP:142
attack:143
defense: 187
Sp attack: 100
Sp defense: 187
Speed: 75
Caught at battleground

Thats about it.

Bla7kCaT
27th August 2011, 2:01 AM
DragonMaster26, you kinda OWN, huh *highfives*

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 2:01 AM
I have a pokemon I got via wifi and I wanna know if it is good.

Dusknoir (nick: Noctunoir)
lvl 62
Nature: Docile
Ability: Pressure (this got me suspicious)
OT: MESSI
Characteristic: Good perseverance
Female
Nature: docile
Not shiny
Moves: Rock slide, shadow punch, double team, protect
Caught at lvl 62(You can do that!?)
Current lvl: 62
Stats: HP:142
attack:143
defense: 187
Sp attack: 100
Sp defense: 187
Speed: 75
Caught at battleground

Thats about it.

the ability it has is the only possible ability for it so it's fine on that, it's a hack in regard's that the person used "Catch Trainer's Pokemon" cheat to battle Fantina in Pokemon Platinum then caught it from her (stole) so the method of aquiring this pokemon is a hack

@Bla7kCaT lol i guess

Superjohnny
27th August 2011, 2:15 AM
released it. Thanks.

Bla7kCaT
27th August 2011, 2:52 AM
so back to the subject of this

is this hacked? it has a dream world ability, but a baby move (fake out)

hitmonlee lv100
ability Unburden (dream world ability)
naughty
daycare couple @lv 1 (pokeball)
fake out
work up
reversal
blaze kick

you guys said the DW ability isnt out yet, but even once it is, its still never possible to have that moveset, because tyrouge is always male?

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 3:18 AM
so back to the subject of this

you guys said the DW ability isnt out yet, but even once it is, its still never possible to have that moveset, because tyrouge is always male?

that is correct,Tyrogue, Nidoking, Tauros among other's are examples of pokemon of only Male gender species
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tyrogue_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
the only way to get dw abilitied Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop and Tyrogue is to have multiple tyrogue to evolve it.

Bla7kCaT
27th August 2011, 4:59 AM
that is correct,Tyrogue, Nidoking, Tauros among other's are examples of pokemon of only Male gender species
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tyrogue_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
the only way to get dw abilitied Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop and Tyrogue is to have multiple tyrogue to evolve it.

im sorry, i dont understand your english, "have multiple tyrogue to evolve it" , what does that sentence mean?

from what i understand you need a parent to have the ability (hitmonlee does, and hitmonlee can learn fake out, as an egg, so is it possible to have the both the ability, and fake out?

is there any way, thru multipul breeding, or different type of breeding, in any such way a hitmonlee can have both Unburned ability, and fake out?

such as
Purrloin ♀ (ground group) w/ Unburden + Mienshao ♂ (human/ground group)
= Mienshao ♀ w/Unburden
Mienshao ♀ + hitmonlee ♂ = hitmonlee w/ Unborded?

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 5:19 AM
im sorry, i dont understand your english, "have multiple tyrogue to evolve it" , what does that sentence mean?

from what i understand you need a parent to have the ability (hitmonlee does, and hitmonlee can learn fake out, as an egg, so is it possible to have the both the ability, and fake out?

it's meant as- have multiple tyrogue to evolve it into Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Hitmontop, :-], and no you cant have both the ability and the egg move on a pokemon that is male only because when you breed it only the move will be passed down n not the ability, only way is for the pokemon to be distributed with the move allready

Ju-da-su
27th August 2011, 5:54 AM

is there any way, thru multipul breeding, or different type of breeding, in any such way a hitmonlee can have both Unburned ability, and fake out?

You need FEMALE parent with the ability to inherit the DW ability. Tyrogue and its evolution line is all male. So, even if DW Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan or Hitmontop become available, you can breed a million offsprings, but the DW ability ain't going to be inherited since the one with the ability is the MALE parent, not female parent. That's why unless Fake Out is Tyrogue's DW move, the move, as well as any other eggmove, would be illegal on Tyrogue and any of its evolutionary line with DW ability...Hope that's easier to understand. :S

Bla7kCaT
27th August 2011, 6:24 AM
darn, guess that clears that up for me =[

Magicmonkey
27th August 2011, 8:16 PM
got a level 41 palkia from GTS, didnt thinkthey coul be caught that low outside of sinjoh ruins.
Pokemon Species: palkia
Nickname: palkia
OT: MATTHEW
OT Gender: MALE
IDno:13366
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) unknown, has exp up 20% of a level
IV's: (if known) unknown
Nature: bashful
Characteristic: thoroughly cunning
Ability: pressure
Moves: dragon claw, eath power, auro sphere, aqua tail
Level Caught at: doesnt say, apparently arrived at level 41
Current Level:41
Stats: hp 129 atk 112 def 91 sp. atk 137 sp. def 104 speed 88
Location Caught: just says johto
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: master ball
Any other notes?: trade wanted virizion, any

so hack, or event thats trained?dont think it can be legit.

Arande
27th August 2011, 8:34 PM
...you guys do realize fake out is one of the 4 moves tyrogue knows at all, right? DW ability not being available aside...

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 8:35 PM
got a level 41 palkia from GTS, didnt thinkthey coul be caught that low outside of sinjoh ruins.
Pokemon Species: palkia
Nickname: palkia
OT: MATTHEW
OT Gender: MALE
IDno:13366
EV's: (if known) unknown, has exp up 20% of a level
Nature: bashful
Characteristic: thoroughly cunning
Moves: dragon claw, eath power, auro sphere, aqua tail
Level Caught at: doesnt say, apparently arrived at level 41
Current Level:41
Stats: hp 129 atk 112 def 91 sp. atk 137 sp. def 104 speed 88
Location Caught: just says johto
Pokeball Caught In: master ball
Any other notes?: trade wanted virizion, any

so hack, or event thats trained?dont think it can be legit.

Hack, no palkia can be caught at that level, the lowest is the Sinjho Ruins, which should be in a pokeball since it was "hatched" by arceus, in Pearl it can be caught at level 47, in Platinum it's level 70. therefore a hack.

Ballistic Buizel
27th August 2011, 8:57 PM
Hack, no palkia can be caught at that level, the lowest is the Sinjho Ruins, which should be in a pokeball since it was "hatched" by arceus, in Pearl it can be caught at level 47, in Platinum it's level 70. therefore a hack.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO this is wrong. It says "arrived at level 41", which doesn't mean that it was caught at that level.

It could have been traded to Johto aswell and then migrated.

Magicmonkey
27th August 2011, 9:05 PM
but its caught in a master ball, and no wild palkia is level 41 or lower. you presumably dont fight the level 1 palkia/dialga/giritina, just get them.

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 9:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO this is wrong. It says "arrived at level 41", which doesn't mean that it was caught at that level.

It could have been traded to Johto aswell and then migrated.

there is no wild palia that low, UGH, the lowest is the Pearl Palkia at level 47.. 47!! if it was the event Palkia of Sinjho ruins it would be in a Pokeball, POKEBALL! since it came directly from an egg!!! i know what "Arrived at level" means, it mean's that's the level that it was poke-transferred at, seriously, if your going to tell me im wrong at least be right about, it,http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Palkia_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spear_Pillar
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinjoh_Ruins

seriously

but its caught in a master ball, and no wild palkia is level 41 or lower. you presumably dont fight the level 1 palkia/dialga/giritina, just get them.

Thank you,

Ballistic Buizel
27th August 2011, 9:19 PM

there is no wild palia that low, UGH, the lowest is the Pearl Palkia at level 47.. 47!! if it was the event Palkia of Sinjho ruins it would be in a Pokeball, POKEBALL! since it came directly from an egg!!! i know what "Arrived at level" means, it mean's that's the level that it was poke-transferred at, seriously, if your going to tell me im wrong at least be right about, it,http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Palkia_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spear_Pillar
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinjoh_Ruins

seriously

Thank you,

Didn't see the masterball part, my bad

Magicmonkey
27th August 2011, 9:38 PM
now to do unto gts as gts does unto you. what should i ask for in exchange for my palkia? maybe a level 9 or lower zekrom ;)

arceusvictini
27th August 2011, 9:41 PM
now to do unto gts as gts does unto you. what should i ask for in exchange for my palkia? maybe a level 9 or lower zekrom ;)

And this is how the worlds gets hacked pokemon. If you dun want it, release it!

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 9:44 PM

do it! lol, i once got a legit shiny riolu, in exchange for a lvl 1 dialga, person must have forgotten about the Sinjho Event, and so i cloned my dialga and got it. :-)

Magicmonkey
27th August 2011, 9:50 PM
i dont want it, but it cost me a virizion, so im going to get something of similar worth in exchange. mt last palkia gotme a zekrom. maybe aim for something less rare though.

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 9:54 PM
i dont want it, but it cost me a virizion, so im going to get something of similar worth in exchange. mt last palkia gotme a zekrom. maybe aim for something less rare though.

ask for something in your sig, im sure ull get it

Magicmonkey
27th August 2011, 10:01 PM
but i dont have any in the dex, thats why there in my sig.
jirachi is the rarest i have in my dex, but he is unlikely to be goten. still i can leave him in there for a week and see what happens. hopefull people will think its a trained sinjoh one.

Epicpokemonprotecter
27th August 2011, 11:26 PM
I recived an event WIN2011 Celebi recently but I am not sure about part of it. It says "Had a fateful encounter at a special place. (the underline is the part I don't get) Everything else is ok. I just don't remember it being on my Celebi's from the event.

DragonMaster26
27th August 2011, 11:41 PM
I recived an event WIN2011 Celebi recently but I am not sure about part of it. It says "Had a fateful encounter at a special place. (the underline is the part I don't get) Everything else is ok. I just don't remember it being on my Celebi's from the event.

if it matches the info here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_North_American_Nintendo_event_Pok%C3%A9mon _in_2011

then it is legit

King_Billy
28th August 2011, 3:07 AM
Pokemon Species: scrafty
Nickname:none
OT:WORLD11
OT Gender: male
IDno:08141
Shiny?:no
EV's: dont know
IV's: dont know
Nature:brave
Characteristic: likes to run
Ability:moxie
Moves:fire punch, payback, drain punch, substute
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level:50
Stats: 130/112/124/59/133/70
Location Caught:fateful encounter at lvl 50
Egg?:none
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball

TM0verlord
28th August 2011, 3:21 AM

It's a legit WORLD11 Scrafty.

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 5:36 AM

It's a legit WORLD11 Scrafty.

actuall it.s legit if the date is 8/14/2011, holding Leftover's and with an event ribbon, if not then it's not legit

Ammako
28th August 2011, 5:56 AM
And this is how the worlds gets hacked pokemon. If you dun want it, release it!
Does it really matter?
If he doesn't trade his hacked Palkia on the GTS, someone else will instead.

actuall it.s legit if the date is 8/14/2011, holding Leftover's and with an event ribbon, if not then it's not legit

I was not aware that the game was programmed to prevent you from removing the Leftovers on that particular event Pokémon.
I also was not aware that downloading that event forcefully changed your DS's date to 8/14/2011.

If you're going to tell us wrong, at least be right about it.

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 6:13 AM
Does it really matter?
If he doesn't trade his hacked Palkia on the GTS, someone else will instead.

I was not aware that the game was programmed to prevent you from removing the Leftovers on that particular event Pokémon.
I also was not aware that downloading that event forcefully changed your DS's date to 8/14/2011.

If you're going to tell us wrong, at least be right about it.

*cough*pms attack*cough*

i am aware that people that hack with pokemon generating programs overlook tiny details such as held item's and correct ribbons, therefore i am only wrong in the date part, which will be based on the current date on the ds, but the item is meant as "if when you aquired this pokemon it should at one point have been holding leftover's, if you got it directly or by trade" of course it's my own fault for not typing it that detailed but i had the impression people on this thread had half a brain to figure that out,as well as the ribbon, it's a specific ribbon, not the champ ribbon or national ribbon, it's the event ribbon, something that must be checked when looking for 100% authencity in a pokemon *sigh* guess i was wrong, next time ill type everything step-by-step like teaching a 2 year old.

dannydstk
28th August 2011, 6:34 AM
*cough*pms attack*cough*

i am aware that people that hack with pokemon generating programs overlook tiny details such as held item's and correct ribbons, therefore i am only wrong in the date part, which will be based on the current date on the ds, but the item is meant as "if when you aquired this pokemon it should at one point have been holding leftover's, if you got it directly or by trade" of course it's my own fault for not typing it that detailed but i had the impression people on this thread had half a brain to figure that out,as well as the ribbon, it's a specific ribbon, not the champ ribbon or national ribbon, it's the event ribbon, something that must be checked when looking for 100% authencity in a pokemon *sigh* guess i was wrong, next time ill type everything step-by-step like teaching a 2 year old.

dude dont be a jerk.

Pingouin7 actualy knows what hes talking about and actually tries to help people who dont know as much as he does.

So if your not gonna provide someone with all the information they need(because if they had it they wouldnt be asking) then dont bother posting.

theres my yearly mini modding lol

Nunya_Nuu
28th August 2011, 6:43 AM
Pokemon Species:Vaporeon
Nickname:Its japanese name
OT:In japanese
OT Gender:(Blue)Male
IDno:54567
Shiny?:Yes
EV's:unknown
IV's: unknown
Nature:Docile
Characteristic:Alert to sounds
Ability:Water Absorb
Moves:Ice Beam(before had aurora beam but i changed it) Surf,Hydro Pump and Protect(before it had acid armor)
Level Caught at:Arrived at lv.100 from Hoenn
Current Level:100
Stats:HP.414 Atk.190 Def.180 Sp.Atk.280 Sp.Def. 241 Spe.190
Location Caught:All i know is it came from Hoenn
Egg?:No since it was caught in master ball
Pokeball Caught In:Master Ball
Any other notes?:Got from the gts a long LONG time ago in platinum but No reason why im checking if its hacked,im just curious since its been caught in a master ball, i always wonder about the pokemon i get from the gts that have been caught with master balls.... -__-

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 6:53 AM
dude dont be a jerk.

Pingouin7 actualy knows what hes talking about and actually tries to help people who dont know as much as he does.

So if your not gonna provide someone with all the information they need(because if they had it they wouldnt be asking) then dont bother posting.

theres my yearly mini modding lol

umm really,, go back and check, idk maybe the last 6-7 pages, ive helped out alot of people, way more than your little buddy there, i wouldn't have been a jerk if he hadn't responded so smart-assly to me, he could have just been like "hey wouldn't the item been able to be removed, and the date can be different on the ds" with a coll calm tone, but no he instead was a smart-*** so i responded with hostility which he provoked, so once againg go back pages and see that ive helped out more people than your friend, who didnt even respond to that person's question, which i dont see how that help's the original asker..

Arande
28th August 2011, 7:46 AM
Jeez, so much anger on here..

as for the vaporeon, all 3rd gen eevee/lutions were either given as a gift in a pokeball, or hatched.

Nunya_Nuu
28th August 2011, 8:22 AM
Jeez, so much anger on here..

as for the vaporeon, all 3rd gen eevee/lutions were either given as a gift in a pokeball, or hatched.

Ohhh so that must mean the vaporeon was hacked *sigh* Thanks so much for answering though ^__^

Magicmonkey
28th August 2011, 9:53 AM
was going to say eevee cant be masterballed in hoenn/kanto in 3rd gen.

dacheezzburger
28th August 2011, 10:56 AM
Pokemon Species: Rotom ( Lawnmower form )
Nickname: Japanese characters, idk
OT: EXILE
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Male
IDno: 21394
Shiny?: No
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Very Finicky
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Confuse ray, Substitute, Shock wave, Leaf Storm
Level Caught at: Lv. 33
Current Level: 37
Stats: HP 88, AT 57, DF 99, SA 95, SD 94, SP 73
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Dive Ball?
Any other notes?: Had the LeagueRibbon01 (Sinnoh)

Thanks in advance.

AquaRegisteel
28th August 2011, 3:32 PM
^Rotom can only be caught at Lv20 in the Chateau in sinnoh, so it is hacked.

K1LL3RxP0P7aRt
28th August 2011, 4:07 PM
Machop
Nickname: None
OT: Jon
OT Gender: Blue/Male
IDno:64756
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) none
IV's: (if known) 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: No Guard
Moves: Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Bullet Punch
Level Caught at: Hatched
Current Level: 11
Stats:
Hp 39
Atk 35
Def 19
Sp.Atk 14
Sp.Def 16
Spd 16
Location Caught: Hatched in Nimbasa City
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball
Any other notes?:
When I evolve it his Ability changes from No Guard to Guts and stays as Guts.

Can someone pls help me?

Ballistic Buizel
28th August 2011, 4:09 PM
Machop
Stats:
Hp 39
Atk 35
Def 19
Sp.Atk 14
Sp.Def 16
Spd 16
Any other notes?:

Can someone pls help me?

I THINK he's legit, but because of the abilities changing I'm unsure. One sec, I will edit my post with info that I'm going to research.

EDIT: not legit because they only change type if migrated from gen 3 and you can't migrate eggs.

Arande
28th August 2011, 4:54 PM
For the rotom, he probably put the level it was migrated at as the caught level.

And yeah, machop is lolhax. Probably had the ability has no guard when it was created, but the PID was for guts, thus the ability change.

Ammako
28th August 2011, 5:25 PM
but the item is meant as "if when you aquired this pokemon it should at one point have been holding leftover's, if you got it directly or by trade"

He doesn't know if it's legit or hacked, so we can rule out the first possibility.
That leaves only the trade option.
If he got it in a trade, the original owner could easily have changed the held item.

iamgr8
28th August 2011, 6:12 PM
Pokemon Species:goldeen
Nickname:goldeen
OT:Jared
OT Gender: red
IDno: 58719
Shiny?:yes
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Nature:relaxed
Characteristic: mischievous
Ability:Swift Swim
Moves:fury attack, waterfall, horn drill, agility
Level Caught at: 49
Current Level:49
Stats: attack 77, defense 70, sp. atk 54, sp. def 58, speed 65
Location Caught: route 14
Egg?:no
Pokeball Caught In: quick ball
Any other notes?: it's female, seemed to just be timing.

Lazy Shiny Hunter
28th August 2011, 6:50 PM
Looks legit, I don't think there's anything that would say otherwise.

arceusvictini
28th August 2011, 7:45 PM
^Rotom can only be caught at Lv20 in the Chateau in sinnoh, so it is hacked.

If it's transferred the level it's caught as is level transferred. So prob Legit.

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 7:49 PM
Pokemon Species: Rotom ( Lawnmower form )
Nickname: Japanese characters, idk
OT: EXILE
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Male
IDno: 21394
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Very Finicky
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Confuse ray, Substitute, Shock wave, Leaf Storm
Level Caught at: Lv. 33
Current Level: 37
Stats: HP 88, AT 57, DF 99, SA 95, SD 94, SP 73
Pokeball Caught In: Dive Ball?
Any other notes?: Had the LeagueRibbon01 (Sinnoh)

im sure youre confusing level caught at with "apparently met at" since that rotom had to have been poketransferred thus when it was it was at level 33, so it's legit

Thanks in advance.

Machop
Stats:
Hp 39
Atk 35
Def 19
Sp.Atk 14
Sp.Def 16
Spd 16
Any other notes?:

Can someone pls help me?

hack, ability shouldnt have changed unless it was badly hacked >.<

Pokemon Species:goldeen
Nickname:goldeen
OT:Jared
OT Gender: red
IDno: 58719
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Nature:relaxed
Characteristic: mischievous
Ability:Swift Swim
Moves:fury attack, waterfall, horn drill, agility
Level Caught at: 49
Current Level:49
Stats: attack 77, defense 70, sp. atk 54, sp. def 58, speed 65
Location Caught: route 14
Pokeball Caught In: quick ball
Any other notes?: it's female, seemed to just be timing.

it's legit :-)

dacheezzburger
28th August 2011, 8:38 PM
For the rotom, he probably put the level it was migrated at as the caught level.

Oh yeah, it says : "Apparently arrived at Lv. 33.

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 8:40 PM
Oh yeah, it says : "Apparently arrived at Lv. 33.

yeah its legit then

Rayce
28th August 2011, 9:13 PM
I have made a discovery, but please confirm this with me ~

Pokemon Species: Pikachu
Nickname: ピカチュウ
OT: AAA
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 07301
EV's: 0/0/0/0/0/0
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Ability: Lightningrod
Moves: Sing, Teeter Dance, Electro Ball, Encore
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: 64 / 34 / 30 / 41 / 34 / 67
Location Caught: Lovely Place
Any other notes?: Okay. Mainly to bring this to everyone's attention, i believe this is a hack. A lot of people have this and one thing popped out to me- It has a space in front of its name. Please confirm if this is supposed to be, or if this is just one amazing hack. This is the Event Sing Pikachu .

Magicmonkey
28th August 2011, 9:17 PM
can you nickname _pikachu? try nickname with a space. or is it not the nickname, but the species name with space infront?

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 9:22 PM
I have made a discovery, but please confirm this with me ~

Pokemon Species: Pikachu
Nickname: ピカチュウ
OT: AAA
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Ability: Lightningrod
Moves: Sing, Teeter Dance, Electro Ball, Encore
Current Level: 30
Stats: 64 / 34 / 30 / 41 / 34 / 67
Location Caught: Lovely Place
Any other notes?: Okay. Mainly to bring this to everyone's attention, i believe this is a hack. A lot of people have this and one thing popped out to me- It has a space in front of its name. Please confirm if this is supposed to be, or if this is just one amazing hack. This is the Event Sing Pikachu .

ahh ive heard of this pikachu, no one notices the small space in front the name, it's a hack, not an amazing one either, it's simple to generate event pokemon but little details are always overlooked by the hacker's like ive said before.

manniezmoll
28th August 2011, 9:51 PM
Machop
Stats:
Hp 39
Atk 35
Def 19
Sp.Atk 14
Sp.Def 16
Spd 16
Any other notes?:
Can someone pls help me?

hack, ability shouldnt have changed unless it was badly hacked >.<

ability can change regardless of which gen it's migrated from. ability is a crapshoot, there's no way to tell what you're gonna get, especially when you breed on 4th & 5th gen...

Magicmonkey
28th August 2011, 9:58 PM
i dont think abilities are random. ive never had them change unlesss the parent doesnt et the ability, and then there is often equivalents (ie speed boost goes from yanma-yanmega, but compound eyes becomes tinted lense) and so a speed boost yanma wont become tinted lense yanmega (beleive me, i have 6 yanmegas)

thetifftiff
28th August 2011, 10:10 PM
Ability isn't random at all, it's based on personality value. The only time something can change abilities at evolution (aside from things whose evolutions have different abilities, obviously) is if it was transferred from an older game to a generation where it has gained a new ability (dream world abilities obviously excluded since those are very different in that area).

Ammako
28th August 2011, 10:15 PM
ability can change regardless of which gen it's migrated from. ability is a crapshoot, there's no way to tell what you're gonna get, especially when you breed on 4th & 5th gen...

This Pokémon was hatched in Gen V.
Your argument is invalid.

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 10:24 PM
This Pokémon was hatched in Gen V.
Your argument is invalid.

the machop is a hack, proven on the blacklist.

Ammako
28th August 2011, 11:02 PM
the machop is a hack, proven on the blacklist.

And the reason why you are telling me this is?

DragonMaster26
28th August 2011, 11:30 PM
And the reason why you are telling me this is?

Regardless of being hatched in gen 5, it's a hack, and i assumed you would argue it so i told you were the proof is.

Ammako
28th August 2011, 11:36 PM
Regardless of being hatched in gen 5, it's a hack, and i assumed you would argue it so i told you were the proof is.

Read my above post carefully.
The person said that "it might be legit because it does that if you transfer the Pokémon from an earlier Gen."
But the Machop clearly was obtained in Gen V.

Besides, can you point out where I said the Machop was legit?
You can't? Tough.

fusionzekrom
29th August 2011, 11:43 AM
Pokemon Species:Pikachu
Nickname:ピカチュウ
OT:ANA
OT Gender: Blue
IDno:07181
Shiny?:No
EV's: UT
IV's: Not sure
Nature:Adamant
Characteristic:Impetuous and silly
Ability:Static
Moves: Fly, Iron Tail, Electro Ball, Quick Attack
Level Caught at:Apparently had a fateful encounter at level 50
Stats:HP 103 Atk 80 Def 44 SpAtk 51 SpDef 52 Spd 108
Location Caught:Lovely Place
Pokeball Caught In:Cherish Ball
Any other notes?:

Do you think this is real? D4rkpnio claimed it was, and now I'm not sure, since I hear people saying he's a hacker. Do me a favour by checking if the IVs (using the IV calculator because I'm not so sure as to how to read the values) are out-of-this-world or not. Should be real right? Since its is 100% identical to the one on serebii.net

Thanks to you guys here who helped me in advance!

PS Please look at the Pokemon from a neutral point of view. Please do not look at who it came from to make a judgment.

AquaRegisteel
29th August 2011, 11:57 AM
Ah, my bad on the Rotom then.

DragonMaster26
29th August 2011, 12:06 PM
Any other notes?:

Do you think this is real? D4rkpnio claimed it was, and now I'm not sure, since I hear people saying he's a hacker. Do me a favour by checking if the IVs are out-of-this-world or not. Should be real right? Since its is 100% identical to the one on serebii.net

PS Please look at the Pokemon from a neutral point of view. Please do not look at who it came from to make a judgment.

its fine, what i dont get is you dont provide IV's so we cant check that for you as you asked in your post.

Ju-da-su
29th August 2011, 2:32 PM
Any other notes?:

Do you think this is real? D4rkpnio claimed it was, and now I'm not sure, since I hear people saying he's a hacker. Do me a favour by checking if the IVs (using the IV calculator because I'm not so sure as to how to read the values) are out-of-this-world or not. Should be real right? Since its is 100% identical to the one on serebii.net

Not to mention, the reason why people said D4rkpnio is a hacker was because of something you can never check through this forum's method, like having only one savefile but his pokemons are proven to have no less than 20 different SIDs and actually "catching" a Reshiram in his own Pokemon White. :S

Looks fine to me, IVs seem OK. Though, if D4rkpnio got it himself, just assume it as hacked anyway though because he has English game iirc, not Japanese. -_-"

evan0913
29th August 2011, 2:39 PM
Hi guys :)
I dunno if this has been checked before. But I just got this DW Bulbasaur.

Pokemon Species: Bulbasaur
Nickname: フシギダネ (its JAP name)
OT: Mat
OT Gender: blue=male
IDno: 30160
Shiny: No
IV's: 31/30/31/30/31/30 (HP Fire)
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
Level Caught at: Apparently met at Lv. 10
Current Level: 10
Stats: 32/15/17/23/21/17
Location Caught: Entree Forest
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball

Many thanks in advance :3

Afwan
29th August 2011, 6:14 PM
Hi guys
I dunno if this has been checked before. But I just got this DW Bulbasaur.

Many thanks in advance :3
its legal but not legit
Mat uses entralink editor to get these
only his dw arceus and espeon are legit

arceusvictini
29th August 2011, 6:17 PM
its legal but not legit
Mat uses entralink editor to get these
only his dw arceus and espeon are legit

How can you be so goddarn sure? I know of MAT and his OT, but what if someone SR'd for the ID and called himself Mat and decided to catch a Bulbasaur exactly like that? Nothing inherently wrong, though DO be careful

evan0913
29th August 2011, 6:25 PM
um... that went completly over my head, I'm so confused... lol

Afwan
29th August 2011, 6:34 PM
How can you be so goddarn sure? I know of MAT and his OT, but what if someone SR'd for the ID and called himself Mat and decided to catch a Bulbasaur exactly like that? Nothing inherently wrong, though DO be careful

arceusvictini
29th August 2011, 6:35 PM
You can easily SR for it!

DragonMaster26
29th August 2011, 6:37 PM
um... that went completly over my head, I'm so confused... lol

the bulbasaur is fine, and since we cant prove if that Mat is the Mat/Bond that we all know here or just a random person who did SR' for the Ot/Id combo it doesnt matter, around here it's hard to trade ANY pokemon with Mat/30160

Afwan
u look at the bulbasaur
it has HP fire and those good ivs
ill turn 20 when u SR that for years

arceusvictini
u look at the bulbasaur
it has HP fire and those good ivs
ill turn 20 when u SR that for years

RNG exists

Afwan
29th August 2011, 6:42 PM
RNG exists
i said RNG
and u said SR
nice story bro

arceusvictini
29th August 2011, 6:43 PM
i said RNG
and u said SR
nice story bro

I decided that either could be possible but only put SR

evan0913
29th August 2011, 6:45 PM
Hi guys, thanks to all that tried to help, I really appreciate it :3

arceusvictini
29th August 2011, 6:49 PM
Hi guys, thanks to all that tried to help, I really appreciate it :3

No worries :D

ShaoWeh
29th August 2011, 10:29 PM
Mat strikes again. >:D

Ju-da-su
30th August 2011, 1:02 PM
...My question though is why would anyone waste their time RNG'd for OT/ID that's identical to Mat's just to get the pokemon that Mat clearly had already RNG'd before. I'm sure he always had that Modest DW Bulbasaur around...and distributed for free as well, though as people already said...Entralink Editted, not legitly obtained from DW...:S

Also, Mat's legit DW events are Arceus, Jolteon and Porygon...not Espeon...:S

arceusvictini
30th August 2011, 1:13 PM
...My question though is why would anyone waste their time RNG'd for OT/ID that's identical to Mat's just to get the pokemon that Mat clearly had already RNG'd before. I'm sure he always had that Modest DW Bulbasaur around...and distributed for free as well, though as people already said...Entralink Editted, not legitly obtained from DW...:S

Also, Mat's legit DW events are Arceus, Jolteon and Porygon...not Espeon...:S

Because he's called Mat, likes that number and wants an HP fire Bulbasaur?

Gelatini Jejunator
30th August 2011, 1:44 PM
Because he's called Mat, likes that number and wants an HP fire Bulbasaur?
Surely the secret ID would be able to tell you if it is the Mat or not?

Ju-da-su
30th August 2011, 1:48 PM
Surely the secret ID would be able to tell you if it is the Mat or not?

...SID is also RNG'able just like ID though...:S

And tbh, I'd say, if you're going to come up with those endless type of argument like maybe he just likes the same OT and ID as Mat, so he might not be the same person, then I'd say, let's just leave the matter then. There's no point of actually arguing whether that is actually Mat's one or not if you're going to throw something as stupid as that into the argument...:S

Gelatini Jejunator
30th August 2011, 2:05 PM
...SID is also RNG'able just like ID though...:S

I know, but who would go through all that trouble? ID and name is one thing, but RNGing for the SID for the sole purpose of impersonating Mat is outlandish.

evan0913
30th August 2011, 4:02 PM
Wow thanks for all the imput guys, ur all really nice :)
So am I able to use this in a Wifi battle?

arceusvictini
30th August 2011, 4:09 PM

Probably! (If they don't notice the OT)

Ju-da-su
30th August 2011, 5:56 PM

It's usable. The pokemon might not be obtained from legit event, but it's still something that was legitly RNG'd for. Shouldn't be any problem with using it in Wifi battle.

Shine
1st September 2011, 9:46 AM
Pokemon Species : Oddish
Nickname : japanese characters
OT : japanese characters
OT Gender : red
IDno : 21323
Shiny? : no
IVs : 31 in SAtk and HP
Nature : Modest
Characteristic : Often dozes off
Ability : Run Away (DW ability)
Moves : Synthesis, Grass Knot, Teeter Dance, Secret Power
Level Caught at : 1 (egg)
Current Level : 1
Stats : HP 12, Atk 5, Def-SAtk-SDef 6, Speed 5
Egg? : Yes
Pokeball Caught In : normal Pokeball

Seems to be RNG-ed, what do you all think?
The odd part : 3 egg moves, Modest with 31 SAtk IV, and seems to be RNG-ed, yet the original owner gave it away for a Munna. No specific gender, no specific Level, just any Munna. You can capture one in the Dreamyard, you even get access to a Telepathy Musharna post-game, so it's odd that someone requests a standard Munna for the Oddish.....

TDawg
1st September 2011, 10:10 AM

The odd part : 3 egg moves, Modest with 31 SAtk IV, and seems to be RNG-ed, yet the original owner gave it away for a Munna. No specific gender, no specific Level, just any Munna. You can capture one in the Dreamyard, you even get access to a Telepathy Musharna post-game, so it's odd that someone requests a standard Munna for the Oddish.....

The odd part is the munna but it doesn't even seem RNGd to me lol. Maybe because I am one but RNGd pokes are usually closer to Flawless. But overall doesn't seem hacked at all.

K'yoril
1st September 2011, 2:45 PM
Hello, I got these from a friend a while ago, and was wondering if they were legit.

Pokemon Species:Zigzagoon
Nickname:ZIGZAGOON
OT:Saphire
IDno:30317
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Characteristic:Often Dozes off
Ability:Pickup
Moves:Tackle, Growl, TailWhip
Level Caught at:5
Current Level:5
Stats:Hp-20, Atk-9, Def-9, SpA-7, SpD-9, Spe-11
Location Caught:Hoenn
Pokeball Caught In:Pokeball
Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species:Elekid
Nickname:ZAPRONG
OT:Hordel
IDno:41400
Nature: Impish
Characteristic:Very Finicky
Moves:Ice Punch, Fire Punch, CrossChop
Level Caught at:20
Current Level:20
Stats:Hp-52, Atk-35, Def-24, SpA-32, SpD-29, Spe-46
Location Caught: Distant Land
Any other notes?:Fateful Encounter

Thanks in advance!

Aenea
1st September 2011, 3:44 PM
Hello, I got these from a friend a while ago, and was wondering if they were legit.

Pokemon Species:Zigzagoon
Nickname:ZIGZAGOON
OT:Saphire
IDno:30317
Characteristic:Often Dozes off
Ability:Pickup
Moves:Tackle, Growl, TailWhip
Level Caught at:5
Current Level:5
Stats:Hp-20, Atk-9, Def-9, SpA-7, SpD-9, Spe-11
Location Caught:Hoenn
Any other notes?:

Without IV checks the first one seems fine to me. That second one *looks* hacked in my eyes... It would have to be an egg tho, which may not show up on the info, and fateful encounter just makes it seem impossible.

K'yoril
1st September 2011, 4:21 PM
Without IV checks the first one seems fine to me. That second one *looks* hacked in my eyes... It would have to be an egg tho, which may not show up on the info, and fateful encounter just makes it seem impossible.
Thanks! Heres Zigzagoon's Iv's
IVs: HP 31, Atk 30, Def 9, SpA 19, SpD 13, Spe 16

Aenea
1st September 2011, 4:51 PM
Thanks! Heres Zigzagoon's Iv's
IVs: HP 31, Atk 30, Def 9, SpA 19, SpD 13, Spe 16

Yup, nothing to suggest it is hacked. It's legit :) ( I could've done a check with the stats you gave, but I didn't think it was needed >.< wanted to say it wasn't done though incase you wanted it done ^^; )

K'yoril
1st September 2011, 4:53 PM
Yup, nothing to suggest it is hacked. It's legit :) ( I could've done a check with the stats you gave, but I didn't think it was needed >.< wanted to say it wasn't done though incase you wanted it done ^^; )

Thank you very much!

manniezmoll
1st September 2011, 10:27 PM

Stats:Hp-52, Atk-35, Def-24, SpA-32, SpD-29, Spe-46
Location Caught: Distant Land
Any other notes?:Fateful Encounter

Thanks in advance!

that's the elekid you get in pokemon XD. you can SR for nature & IVs. i have several of them as i've played the game many, many times...

2000b2
1st September 2011, 10:29 PM
yep .what it sounds like.

Ballistic Buizel
1st September 2011, 10:33 PM

Looks fine, even the Munna thing. Looks as if it was RNGed, but the thing is, if it was RNGed, they could always get another one, so maybe they just wanted a Munna. Looks legit, even if the Munna thing is suspicious.

kazami
1st September 2011, 11:53 PM
Hey guys I want to ask something.. Date receiving of a event pokemon is based from the date I download the event pokemon or is based from the date of the ds?

DragonMaster26
2nd September 2011, 12:06 AM
Hey guys I want to ask something.. Date receiving of a event pokemon is based from the date I download the event pokemon or is based from the date of the ds?

Date on ds

kazami
2nd September 2011, 12:35 AM
Date on ds

Okay, thx 4 the info dude..

Ammako
2nd September 2011, 12:45 AM
Date on ds

This is the Gen V section.
In Gen V, it depends on the date at which you downloaded the Wondercard.
(But you still can change the date on your DS to have a different date on the Wondercard.)

DragonMaster26
2nd September 2011, 12:51 AM
This is the Gen V section.
In Gen V, it depends on the date at which you downloaded the Wondercard.
(But you still can change the date on your DS to have a different date on the Wondercard.)

umm let me think real hard >.> o yeah that's what i said. lmao

Vandslaux
2nd September 2011, 1:33 AM
The Oddish looks like a lucky MM. Right IVs passed down + shiny. And right nature.

Ammako
2nd September 2011, 1:34 AM
umm let me think real hard >.> o yeah that's what i said. lmao

His question put "the date I download the event Pokémon" and "the date on the ds" as separate things, implying they are different.
If "the date on the ds" meant the same thing as "the date I download the event Pokémon", then why would he ask the question?

Shine
2nd September 2011, 3:51 AM
The Oddish looks like a lucky MM. Right IVs passed down + shiny. And right nature.

if you're referring to my Oddish up there...well, it isn't shiny xD

skylerzsmith
2nd September 2011, 4:05 AM
OT:Can't read Japanese
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 20980
EV's: Unknown
Characteristic: Often Dozes off
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psychic, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP 342, ATK. 212, DEF. 236, Sp.Atk 299, Sp.Def 236, Speed 328
Location Caught: Hoenn
Pokeball Caught In: Premium
Any other notes?: Apparently arrived at lvl. 30 after a long travel through time.

Afwan
2nd September 2011, 4:21 PM
OT:Can't read Japanese
IDno: 20980
EV's: Unknown
Characteristic: Often Dozes off
Moves: Psychic, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot
Stats: HP 342, ATK. 212, DEF. 236, Sp.Atk 299, Sp.Def 236, Speed 328
Pokeball Caught In: Premium
Any other notes?: Apparently arrived at lvl. 30 after a long travel through time.
a legit faraway island mew
if u want to trade that away i will be willing to trade 3 pokes for it

TVGuru
2nd September 2011, 8:50 PM
Pokemon Species:Espeon
Nickname:N/A
OT:10 ANIV
OT Gender: Red
IDno: 00010
EV's: no
IV's: N/A
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Quick to Flee
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Any other notes?: It seems like a legit 10 ANIV pokemon but the color of the OT is red while my 10 ANIV Tyranitar's OT color is blue. They're both male and have the ID No. 00010. I'm basically asking if this is possible.

Lazy Shiny Hunter
2nd September 2011, 9:05 PM
I'm not too certain, but I thought the OT gender could be either or. Otherwise legit.

Aegon
2nd September 2011, 9:34 PM
@TVGuru, yes, it is possible.

DragonMaster26
2nd September 2011, 10:19 PM
Pokemon Species:Espeon
OT:10 ANIV
IDno: 00010
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Quick to Flee
Level Caught at: 70
Any other notes?: It seems like a legit 10 ANIV pokemon but the color of the OT is red while my 10 ANIV Tyranitar's OT color is blue. They're both male and have the ID No. 00010. I'm basically asking if this is possible.

if those are the ones i gave u, yeah they are legit, look in bulbapedia that various 10ANNIV pokemon will have red ot's and blue ot's. just like other event pokemon.

Ammako
2nd September 2011, 11:17 PM
Apparently the OT color for those events depended on your gender.
So people with the girl character received ones with red OT and guys got blue OT's.

DragonMaster26
2nd September 2011, 11:39 PM
Apparently the OT color for those events depended on your gender.
So people with the girl character received ones with red OT and guys got blue OT's.

my espeon, pikachu, charizard, blastoise and entei all came from my 1 game where the gender was male, yet the same pikachu and entei have red ot color.

skylerzsmith
3rd September 2011, 3:00 AM
a legit faraway island mew
if u want to trade that away i will be willing to trade 3 pokes for it

i traded it away. If i get my hands on another one i will let you know!

Darkseeker
3rd September 2011, 4:25 AM
Pokemon Species: Arceus
OT:Greg
IDno: 08291
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Highly curious
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 100
Location Caught: Johto
Any other notes?: I had this arceus for months now..., but I always had the doubt whether is legit or not..., Has an attack of 268, defense 248, Sp attack 275, Sp defense 266 and speed 263 Hp 361

ebiltun
3rd September 2011, 4:45 AM
OT:Greg
IDno: 08291
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Highly curious
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 100
Location Caught: Johto
Any other notes?: I had this arceus for months now..., but I always had the doubt whether is legit or not..., Has an attack of 268, defense 248, Sp attack 275, Sp defense 266 and speed 263 Hp 361
Used hacks to get it. The OT can only be an Event OT.

TVGuru
3rd September 2011, 5:03 AM
Pokemon Species:Arceus
Nickname:Arceus (japanese letters)
OT:Mat
OT Gender:male
IDno:30160
EV's:0
IV's:flawless
Ability:Multitype
Moves:Recover, Hyper Beam, Perish Song, Judgement
Level Caught at:100
Stats:381/303/276/248/276/276
Location Caught:Entree Forest
Any other notes?:It was caught 2/1/2011. It seems legit but the infamy of the name "Mat" and its flawlessness makes me question it.

DragonMaster26
3rd September 2011, 5:11 AM
Pokemon Species:Arceus
Nickname:Arceus (japanese letters)
OT:Mat
OT Gender:male
IDno:30160
EV's:0
IV's:flawless
Ability:Multitype
Moves:Recover, Hyper Beam, Perish Song, Judgement
Level Caught at:100
Stats:381/303/276/248/276/276
Location Caught:Entree Forest
Any other notes?:It was caught 2/1/2011. It seems legit but the infamy of the name "Mat" and its flawlessness makes me question it.

ehh people claim this arceus and his Espeon are the only legit dw poke's mat/bond ever got so id say your safe but not many will want it when they find the Mat-ot part. :-P

Ju-da-su
3rd September 2011, 6:02 AM
Jolteon is the one that's legit, not Espeon...Who said Espeon is the legit one? -.-"

Also, Bond697 said that he got Porygon legitly as well though. ._."

DragonMaster26
3rd September 2011, 6:26 AM
Jolteon is the one that's legit, not Espeon...Who said Espeon is the legit one? -.-"

Also, Bond697 said that he got Porygon legitly as well though. ._."

ive talked to Mat (via PM, which i shouldn't have deleted >.<) and he confirmed it's Espeon and Arceus, he provided me screen shot's of the dw pgl page, i didnt ask on the porygon though

jeesh people and their "hearsay" comment's.

Wardek
3rd September 2011, 6:31 AM
ive talked to Mat (via PM, which i shouldn't have deleted >.<) and he confirmed it's Espeon and Arceus, he provided me screen shot's of the dw pgl page, i didnt ask on the porygon though

jeesh people and their "hearsay" comment's.
It's Jolteon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3395288&postcount=78).

DragonMaster26
3rd September 2011, 6:33 AM
It's Jolteon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3395288&postcount=78).

*double facepalm upon readin the premier ball*

yeah legit ._.

TVGuru
3rd September 2011, 6:46 AM
So basically its legit but no serious traders would touch it. Crap

Ju-da-su
3rd September 2011, 7:04 AM
*double facepalm upon readin the premier ball*

yeah legit ._.

I certainly do love to see that PGL page you're talking about though...since now I get real curious why would he said it to me as well as lots of other people at first that it's the Jolteon then suddenly have the PGL page with the Espeon on it instead...:S

So basically its legit but no serious traders would touch it. Crap

Since if you did a little search, legit or not, Bond's pokemons can actually be obtained for free since he distributed all of them out for free though...-.-"

cpkmn23
3rd September 2011, 7:49 AM
Pokemon Species: Charmander
OT: VITA
IDno: 46996
Characteristic: Mischievious
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Scratch, Growl
Level Caught at: Apparently met at lv.1
Current Level: 1
Stats:11/5/6/6/6/6
Location Caught: Route 9
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: Probably stupid of me to even ask, because as I was putting all the info in it's pretty obvious it's hacked. You can't catch a lv.1 shiny Charmander on route 9 with a masterball, right?

Pokemon Species: Snorlax
OT: K-TRON
IDno: 37476
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Often dozes off
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Giga Impact, Thunder, Focus Blast
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at lv50
Current Level: 50
Stats: 263/137/83/82/125/51

Regiultima
3rd September 2011, 7:52 AM
Any other notes?: Probably stupid of me to even ask, because as I was putting all the info in it's pretty obvious it's hacked. You can't catch a lv.1 shiny Charmander on route 9 with a masterball, right?

Both are hacks. You are correct about the Charmander and Snorlax don't appear wild in Hoenn.

fusionzekrom
3rd September 2011, 8:36 AM
Hi, I tried googling for this but couldn't find an answer. Can anyone tell me if a pokemon with OT as ??????? be legit? I received a Zorua on the GTS not too long ago with this OT. Please help out, thanks.

Aenea
3rd September 2011, 1:46 PM
Hi, I tried googling for this but couldn't find an answer. Can anyone tell me if a pokemon with OT as ??????? be legit? I received a Zorua on the GTS not too long ago with this OT. Please help out, thanks.

It can, someone just has to put that in as their name and then... OT is that...

arceusvictini
3rd September 2011, 1:50 PM

It could've been caught in Kanto and transferred to hoenn, then poketreansferred and palparked.

AnimeDream23
3rd September 2011, 2:47 PM
I received a Spanish Shiny Ditto on the GTS when all I put up was a level 1 litwick. Or maybe it was a Gigalith? Aw, whatever. The point is I assume it's a hack as a non-hacker wouldn't trade a legit Shiny over the GTS for an easily obtainable Pokemon. I know that if a Pokemon's checksum is invalid (or in other words, if it's file is corrupted to the point of un-recognition) that it will turn into a bad egg. Is my Shiny Ditto poorly hacked? Or can I breed it, level it, do whatever I want with it and nothing bad will ever happen to my Pokemon White?

Here is my new Ditto's stats:

DITTO level 55
nature: Gentle
Caught at: Sinnoh, Apparently arrived at level 55
characteristic: Very finicky
OT: Dani
ID No.: 23203

HP: 129
Attack: 64
Defence: 54
Sp. Attack: 71
Sp. Defence: 70
Speed: 62

Ability: Limber

Caught in: an ultra ball

The Ditto has some experience points, so the person must have been raising it in at least the daycare while it was in his or her Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

So what do you think? Should I keep the Ditto? I'm cool with hacked Pokemon as long as my game doesn't glitch out and fry. Because, well...I don't want to restart my game!!! QQ (Note: I don't know if it's safe or not because I literally never hack myself.)

Almost forgot!
It only knows Transform like a normal Ditto would. It's PP is 10/10

Thanks ahead of time.~

Ju-da-su
3rd September 2011, 4:24 PM
It could've been caught in Kanto and transferred to hoenn, then poketreansferred and palparked.

I don't think it works that way though. It's the same as how every pokemon you caught in HGSS will come out as Johto, even if you caught it in Kanto area. Regions are determined by the version of game the pokemon was caught in, not the region it was transferred from. Pokemon caught in FRLG will remain Kanto even though it's traded to RSE and Pal Parked in RSE because the game actually recognized it as "Caught in FR/LG". Pal Park and PokeTransfer also interpret the pokemon's location as whether it's caught in RSE or FRLG to determine if it should be in Hoenn or Kanto. Tbh, no need to go too far. If you trade pokemon from RSE to FRLG, the location becomes "Arrived for Hoenn", or vice versa, "Arrived from Kanto" for pokemon traded from FRLG to RSE, no? So, even if the pokemon is caught in FRLG then transferred to Hoenn before getting Pal Park, it should remains Kanto regardless. (I mean, think of the commonsense. If you say the pokemon's location will change merely because it was transferred to another version before shifted, then wouldn't all the pokemons be "from Sinnoh or Johto" only because it was actually "PokeTranferred from" DPPt or HGSS?)

Not to mention, you can't "catch" Charmander in Kanto anyway, can you?

I received a Spanish Shiny Ditto on the GTS when all I put up was a level 1 litwick. Or maybe it was a Gigalith? Aw, whatever. The point is I assume it's a hack as a non-hacker wouldn't trade a legit Shiny over the GTS for an easily obtainable Pokemon. I know that if a Pokemon's checksum is invalid (or in other words, if it's file is corrupted to the point of un-recognition) that it will turn into a bad egg. Is my Shiny Ditto poorly hacked? Or can I breed it, level it, do whatever I want with it and nothing bad will ever happen to my Pokemon White?

DITTO level 55

The Ditto has some experience points, so the person must have been raising it in at least the daycare while it was in his or her Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

So what do you think? Should I keep the Ditto? I'm cool with hacked Pokemon as long as my game doesn't glitch out and fry. Because, well...I don't want to restart my game!!! QQ (Note: I don't know if it's safe or not because I literally never hack myself.)

Almost forgot!

Thanks ahead of time.~

...Mostly, what'll screw the game is the process of hacking, NOT the pokemon itself though. Just having a hacked pokemon won't going to glitch up your game or anything. Also, GTS does check a bit for checksum, trashbyte and stuff before the pokemon was deposited, so if the pokemon was really THAT badly altered, the owner won't be able to deposit it into GTS in the first place, so rest assured...I don't know if that Ditto is hacked or not (tbh, I'm more leaned toward saying that it's hacked just because as you said, I don't think anyone would trade their shiny Ditto for a normal Litwick...If you want to make sure, you can use PokeCheck to have a look at it at least), but for all I know, it won't going to do anything to your game. -.-"

Blackjack the Titan
3rd September 2011, 6:35 PM
What are common things that give away a Pokemon is hacked?

Ju-da-su
3rd September 2011, 6:48 PM
What are common things that give away a Pokemon is hacked?

Illegal moveset, illegal ability, illegal moveset+DW (especially DW male only (meaning the events)+Egg Moves), wrong location, wrong ball (Cherish Ball on non-event pokemon, pokemon caught in Gen 5 in Gen 4 only balls like the Apicorn Ball, and such), wrong level (if it's caught within that generation...You can't know this for sure if it's shifted from different generation), unreleased pokemons or non-existing events (Hall of Origin Arceus, Genosect, Keldeo, Meloetta), shiny on pokemons that are proven to never shine (Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, Lostloan Zoroark, Castelia Zorua and Entree Forest pokemons)...Just some of the most obvious ones I can think of from the top of my head...Basically, anything that makes you go "Hey, that's not possible. :S" or something like that.

Other than that, it's more or less depend on your opinion. Some people believe Masterball makes the pokemon look more hacked. Some think having very high IV on the pokemon makes them seem hacked. Some assume that pokemons obtained via GTS are hacked. And other small details like pokemons that was nicknamed with the species name (or of higher evolution...I used to be able to tell out one of the hacked DW Squirtle before just because it has Blastoise's name), version of game it's captured in (like Reshiram caught in N-Castle or Dragonspiral Tower for White and Zekrom for Black...a little too deep though, since you need something that'll tell Black apart from White for you if you want to check for those). All those sorts of things. .-.

Lazy Shiny Hunter
3rd September 2011, 8:23 PM
The Ditto could be cloned, which would explain why someone would just give it away.
Or they just plain hate Ditto.

manniezmoll
3rd September 2011, 10:42 PM
ID no: 46996

there's NO WAY to catch a starter in any game other than hacking. the ONLY exception is the johto starters from Colosseum on the gamecube. they can be in any ball, as you can catch them at different points in the game. they must say "distant land" in the summary. the ones from XD are given to you in pokeballs, they are not caught. this charmander is a bad hack...

thetifftiff
3rd September 2011, 11:47 PM

DITTO level 55

Almost forgot!

Thanks ahead of time.~

It came from Sinnoh so it's possible it was chained. I give away chained shinies for somewhat common things on the GTS sometimes too, it's not as odd as people seem to think. How many shinies of the same species do you think one person needs? D: And not everyone thinks that they should try to get super rare things for something just because it's a shiny, especially when you already have most rare things already.

And other small details like pokemons that was nicknamed with the species name (or of higher evolution...I used to be able to tell out one of the hacked DW Squirtle before just because it has Blastoise's name)

See this confuses me. When I catch something in a gen 4 that can't be evolved any further I usually nickname it the species name to match the case in the newer games as all caps looks ugly. Why do people think that makes something hacked? Even if it is because some AR codes in gen 3 screwed up the names it seems a bit silly to think that something being nicknamed the species name makes it hacked.

Ju-da-su
4th September 2011, 2:24 AM
See this confuses me. When I catch something in a gen 4 that can't be evolved any further I usually nickname it the species name to match the case in the newer games as all caps looks ugly. Why do people think that makes something hacked? Even if it is because some AR codes in gen 3 screwed up the names it seems a bit silly to think that something being nicknamed the species name makes it hacked.

In fact, I actually mean more of the Japanese one though. I've received a Squirtle (セニガメ) that was named Blastoise (カメックス) before, and as expected, it came out as hacked on PokeCheck. -_-"

arceusvictini
4th September 2011, 10:49 AM
In fact, I actually mean more of the Japanese one though. I've received a Squirtle (セニガメ) that was named Blastoise (カメックス) before, and as expected, it came out as hacked on PokeCheck. -_-"

I named my Chimchar Infernape. Is it hacked? No. Point invalid.

Wardek
4th September 2011, 11:50 AM
I named my Chimchar Infernape. Is it hacked? No. Point invalid.No, it isn't. Ju's point is valid.
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9310/pokecheck.png

arceusvictini
4th September 2011, 3:41 PM
Wait, so if I nickname my Chimchar Infernape it'll be hacked? Even if it was 100% legit?

Ballistic Buizel
4th September 2011, 3:50 PM
Wait, so if I nickname my Chimchar Infernape it'll be hacked? Even if it was 100% legit?

No. It won't. Nicknaming it won't make it illegitimate.

DragonMaster26
4th September 2011, 5:35 PM
No, it isn't. Ju's point is valid.
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9310/pokecheck.png

how about u provide an explanation as to why if i decided to nickname my charmader Charizard it would make it a hack? instead of being a kiss ***.

Ju-da-su
4th September 2011, 5:58 PM

It's just the same as how everyone would jump to the conclusion that a normal Lv. 2 Starly caught in Masterball in Sinnoh is hacked though. Most of what people said here of which pokemons are hacked are due to those stupid "suspicion" anyway. "Hacked because it's in Masterball. No idiot would catch that fodder with Masterball". "Hacked because the IVs are just too high". "Hacked because no one is gonna trade you a shiny for your Pidove in GTS for sure". Isn't this thread just full of those stuffs anyway? -.-"

On those matter, if you want to really check, I'd say...get the hell out of here and go to PokeCheck or something. That's why I actually accept that Squirtle in trade for my legit Bulbasaur...to get it check myself, and as I thought, the game doesn't even recognized it as already nicknamed. So, if the game recognize it as "nicknamed" then it may or may not be hacked. If the game doesn't recognize it, then it's hacked for sure. Fair enough? :S

And if you still want to argue on that, tell me one way you can get the pokemon to be legitly "named" with its other evolution or anything else without the game actually recognizing it as already nicknamed...mark the word "legitly" though...:S

cpkmn23
4th September 2011, 7:41 PM
It's me again. Thanks for the feedback on my last post. I made another trade today...

Pokemon Species: Eevee
Nickname: Japanese (I assume) symbols
OT: WCS
IDno: 01110
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Iron Tale/Trump Card/Flail/Quick Attack
Stats: 128/75/59/65/84/68
Location Caught: Fateful encounter
Any other notes?: I was told it's an event pokemon. I don't know much about event pokemon so I'm after a second opinion.

Ballistic Buizel
4th September 2011, 7:47 PM
It's me again. Thanks for the feedback on my last post. I made another trade today...

Pokemon Species: Eevee
Nickname: Japanese (I assume) symbols
OT: WCS
IDno: 01110
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Iron Tale/Trump Card/Flail/Quick Attack
Stats: 128/75/59/65/84/68
Location Caught: Fateful encounter
Any other notes?: I was told it's an event pokemon. I don't know much about event pokemon so I'm after a second opinion.

This is fine. It's the WCS event eevee that was an event in HG/SS.

Virtuous
4th September 2011, 7:48 PM
Japanese Deoxys spelled correctly in JP
ID 33930
OT is a Jap name also
Naive
Jul. 24, 2004
Kanto
Arrived at Lv.30
Somewhat Stubborn

Speed form

Attack 226
Defense 226
Sp atk 229
Sp Def 206
Speed 448

In Ultra Ball

Got it on here a couple of weeks ago not sure if it could be hacked or not.

Thanks,

cpkmn23
4th September 2011, 7:49 PM
This is fine. It's the WCS event eevee that was an event in HG/SS.

Thanks a lot.

Ballistic Buizel
4th September 2011, 7:50 PM
Japanese Deoxys spelled correctly in JP
ID 33930
OT is a Jap name also
Naive
Jul. 24, 2004
Kanto
Arrived at Lv.30
Somewhat Stubborn

Speed form

Attack 226
Defense 226
Sp atk 229
Sp Def 206
Speed 448

In Ultra Ball

Got it on here a couple of weeks ago not sure if it could be hacked or not.

Thanks,

Looks iffy, but okay from the info given. Is it currently level 100?

And your welcome cpkmn :)

Virtuous
4th September 2011, 7:52 PM
Yeah sorry it is Lv.100 now just wasn't to use on the date and the Ultra ball its on my SS right now

Ballistic Buizel
4th September 2011, 8:00 PM
Yeah sorry it is Lv.100 now just wasn't to use on the date and the Ultra ball its on my SS right now

Okay then it's fine :) it could've been caught on birth island in r/s/e and then traded to leafgreen/firered then transferred.

Wardek
4th September 2011, 8:02 PM
how about u provide an explanation as to why if i decided to nickname my charmader Charizard it would make it a hack? instead of being a kiss ***.Can you please just view the picture I posted on the spoiler? -_-The Squirtle was named Blastoise in Japanese, yet the nickname flag was not checked, so that means it's hacked.
That's the Squirtle Ju's talking about, this conversation has nothing to do with a nicknamed Charizard, Infernape or even a Patrat.

Too Funk to Druck
4th September 2011, 8:49 PM
Okay then it's fine :) it could've been caught on birth island in r/s/e and then traded to leafgreen/firered then transferred.

If it was caught in RSE, it would have Hoenn as it's caught location regardless of if it was in FRLG when it was transferred.

Ballistic Buizel
4th September 2011, 8:54 PM
If it was caught in RSE, it would have Hoenn as it's caught location regardless of if it was in FRLG when it was transferred.

Is it hacked then? Because I don't think there was a level 30 deoxys event in kanto.

Too Funk to Druck
4th September 2011, 8:57 PM
Is it hacked then? Because I don't think there was a level 30 deoxys event in kanto.

Birth Island Deoxys was available on Emerald and FRLG iirc.

rocky505
4th September 2011, 9:33 PM
Birth Island Deoxys was available on Emerald and FRLG iirc. Yes it was. It kind of annoys me that people have been saying a Deoxys from Kanto is hacked a bit lately.

DooblyDooHaxorus
5th September 2011, 5:31 AM
My Nephew traded me this over the Summer, and I just wanted to know if it's real, as this is my signature pokemon on my in-game team.
Pokemon Species: Bisharp
Nickname: Bisharp
OT: JMAN (My Nephew's Trainer)
OT Gender: Blue (Male)
IDno: 43990
Shiny?: I Wish, but no.
EV's: No idea.
IV's: No idea.
Characteristic: Quick To Flee.
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Cut, Focus Blast, False Swipe, and Iron Head.
Level Caught at: 60.
Current Level: 100.
Stats:
Attack: 292
Defense: 264
Sp. Attack: 159
Sp. Defense: 177
Speed: 199
Location Caught: Route 11.
Egg?: Nope.
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball. This is what i'm worried about.
Any other notes?: Just really worried about the Master Ball. That's about it.

DragonMaster26
5th September 2011, 5:37 AM
My Nephew traded me this over the Summer, and I just wanted to know if it's real, as this is my signature pokemon on my in-game team.
Pokemon Species: Bisharp
Nickname: Bisharp
OT: JMAN (My Nephew's Trainer)
OT Gender: Blue (Male)
IDno: 43990
Shiny?: I Wish, but no.
EV's: No idea.
IV's: No idea.
Characteristic: Quick To Flee.
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Cut, Focus Blast, False Swipe, and Iron Head.
Level Caught at: 60.
Current Level: 100.
Stats:
Attack: 292
Defense: 264
Sp. Attack: 159
Sp. Defense: 177
Speed: 199
Location Caught: Route 11.
Egg?: Nope.
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball. This is what i'm worried about.
Any other notes?: Just really worried about the Master Ball. That's about it.

it's fine, i wish people would quit thinking masterball= Hack right away instead of putting minimal effort and googling the pokemon. Seriously it's less typing than filling out the hack check form.

nani_andre
5th September 2011, 6:08 AM
Well I got a groudon today from a trade and I want to make sure it's legit

Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: Groudon in japanese
OT: Japanese characters
IDno: 22227
EV's: No idea
IV's: No idea
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Good endurance
Ability: Drought
Moves: earth power, earthquake, fire blast, eruption
Level Caught at: 100
Stats:
Attack: 318
Defense: 311
Sp. Attack: 206
Sp. Defense: 200
Speed: 223
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: seems legit but I'm not sure about the location... it's possible to get a groudon from sinnoh? thanks in advance!

Rayce
5th September 2011, 6:30 AM
Well I got a groudon today from a trade and I want to make sure it's legit

Pokemon Species: Groudon
Nickname: Groudon in japanese
OT: Japanese characters
IDno: 22227
EV's: No idea
IV's: No idea
Characteristic: Good endurance
Ability: Drought
Moves: earth power, earthquake, fire blast, eruption
Level Caught at: 100
Stats:
Attack: 318
Defense: 311
Sp. Attack: 206
Sp. Defense: 200
Speed: 223
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: seems legit but I'm not sure about the location... it's possible to get a groudon from sinnoh? thanks in advance!

Hacked, Groundon can't be caught in Sinnoh... :/

DooblyDooHaxorus
5th September 2011, 6:45 AM
it's fine, i wish people would quit thinking masterball= Hack right away instead of putting minimal effort and googling the pokemon. Seriously it's less typing than filling out the hack check form.

I don't think hack immediately when I see that, I was just worried since my Nephew is 11 and doesn't quite understand why hacking is bad. Just checking

arceusvictini
5th September 2011, 9:24 AM
Can you please just view the picture I posted on the spoiler? -_-The Squirtle was named Blastoise in Japanese, yet the nickname flag was not checked, so that means it's hacked.
That's the Squirtle Ju's talking about, this conversation has nothing to do with a nicknamed Charizard, Infernape or even a Patrat.

Oh I get it now xD

amber_san
5th September 2011, 8:06 PM
Can a pokemon have egg moves AND a dreamworld ability?

And if it does have both does that mean it's altered/hacked?

arceusvictini
5th September 2011, 8:06 PM

Depends whether there's a DW Female out for it.

Fissurous
5th September 2011, 8:09 PM

Yes they can. Some Pokemon caught in the Dream World will have egg moves and DW-exclusive moves.
EDIT: AV is correct also. DW events can't pass down their DW ability, and I don't think they have egg moves.

amber_san
5th September 2011, 8:10 PM
Depends whether there's a DW Female out for it.

I'm oblivious to most dreamworld stuff and breeding so not sure what you mean by that. x_x lol

The pokemon in question is a male pikachu (I evolved it into raichu) It has volt tackle and a dreamworld ability.

@Fissurous : Ohhh really? So a raichu with volt tackle and a dreamworld ability is ok?

Fissurous
5th September 2011, 8:14 PM
Yep. A female Sing Pikachu (used to get DW Pichu)/DW Pichu or Raichu gives the Pokemon it's DW ability, and some other male Pikachu/Pichu/Raichu with Volt Tackle will give it Volt Tackle.

DragonMaster26
5th September 2011, 8:20 PM
Yes they can. Some Pokemon caught in the Dream World will have egg moves and DW-exclusive moves.
EDIT: AV is correct also. DW events can't pass down their DW ability, and I don't think they have egg moves.

Lol, WOW, so i guess my FEMALE Eevee, FEMALE Burmy, and Female Poliwhirl didnt pass down their abilities to the offspring!!!?? lol, i have a glitched game then!! <--Sarcasm, there are many FEMALE dw events available to pass down their ability, now you just need the coresponding Male to pass down the egg move's and you have the offspring with Dw ability and egg move's. Only Dw STARTER'S cannot pass down abilities because they are Male.

I'm oblivious to most dreamworld stuff and breeding so not sure what you mean by that. x_x lol

The pokemon in question is a male pikachu (I evolved it into raichu) It has volt tackle and a dreamworld ability.

@Fissurous : Ohhh really? So a raichu with volt tackle and a dreamworld ability is ok?

that pikachu is fine, o and btw the male Pikachu does NOT need to know Volt Tackle, the pichu will have it as an egg move, ive confirmed this 6 times, The male knew Electro Ball, Thunder, ThunderShock and Growl the baby had Volt Tackle automatically.

Gaudeoso
6th September 2011, 4:28 AM
Ok, let's get it started:

Pokemon Species: Infernape
Nickname: n/a
OT Gender: Fem
IDno: 57615
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Moves: Fury Swipes, fire spin, flame wheel, acrobatics
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at lvl 50
Current Level: 52
Stats: HP: 159, Atk: 131, Defense: 87, SpAtk:136, SpDef: 104, speed: 135
Pokeball Caught In: normal pokeball
Any other notes?: got it from trade GTS Negotiations

DragonMaster26
6th September 2011, 5:04 AM
Ok, let's get it started:

Pokemon Species: Infernape
OT Gender: Fem
IDno: 57615
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Moves: Fury Swipes, fire spin, flame wheel, acrobatics
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at lvl 50
Stats: HP: 159, Atk: 131, Defense: 87, SpAtk:136, SpDef: 104, speed: 135
Any other notes?: got it from trade GTS Negotiations

it's fine, you should teach it better moves though, IMO.

shiniesrock
6th September 2011, 5:58 AM
A good first step to determining whether or not a shiny is hacked is to have it inspected by the judge at the Battle Subway, since many hackers like to take things a step further and give the Pokemon flawless IVs in every stat.

just because its ivs are flawless doesnt mean its hacked the OT couldve achieved flawless ivs with RNG reporter...

Shine
6th September 2011, 6:03 AM
Only Dw STARTER'S cannot pass down abilities because they are Male.

the DW Eeveelution from previous Befriend event also cannot pass down the ability because they are also Male only.

As an additional note, DW Eevee from the previous Pokemon Cafe event can be female, so any female Eeveelution evolved from that female DW Eevee can pass down the ability.

And regarding Egg Moves on them, assuming they can breed and they are not a male-only species, they do have Egg Moves, as they are still the same Pokemon, they just have a different ability.

DragonMaster26
6th September 2011, 6:24 AM
the DW Eeveelution from previous Befriend event also cannot pass down the ability because they are also Male only.

As an additional note, DW Eevee from the previous Pokemon Cafe event can be female, so any female Eeveelution evolved from that female DW Eevee can pass down the ability.

And regarding Egg Moves on them, assuming they can breed and they are not a male-only species, they do have Egg Moves, as they are still the same Pokemon, they just have a different ability.

Yeah, i know all that, Fissorous was the one claiming that all Dw Event's were Male, and couldn't pass down egg move's, i explained to him there are dw female events and they can pass down egg moves, i even explained how.

Shine
6th September 2011, 6:44 AM
Yeah, i know all that, Fissorous was the one claiming that all Dw Event's were Male, and couldn't pass down egg move's, i explained to him there are dw female events and they can pass down egg moves, i even explained how.

actually, the one directed towards you was just the note regarding the DW Eeveelution :p

The DW Eevee and the Egg moves notes were more like directed towards everyone, including Fissorous.
Hence the two spaces after the DW Eeveelution note, instead of just one.

DragonMaster26
6th September 2011, 6:54 AM
actually, the one directed towards you was just the note regarding the DW Eeveelution :p

The DW Eevee and the Egg moves notes were more like directed towards everyone, including Fissorous.
Hence the two spaces after the DW Eeveelution note, instead of just one.

Ahh, indeed i just noticed that, thanks.

Magicmonkey
6th September 2011, 8:27 AM
just to confirm my suspicions that you cant catch an archeops with a master ball. at route 1. at lv 100.

DragonMaster26
6th September 2011, 8:47 AM
just to confirm my suspicions that you cant catch an archeops with a master ball. at route 1. at lv 100.

lol yeah, that's a hack. ®

Whity
6th September 2011, 2:48 PM
I got a couple of mews on GTS and wondered if they were hacks or not.

Pokemon Species: Mew
OT: Mystry
IDno: 06930
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Moves: Pound, Transform, Metronome
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at lvl 21 after a long travel through time. fateful encounter.
Current Level: 21
Stats: HP: 75, Atk: 52, Defense: 51, SpAtk:53, SpDef: 46, speed: 53

Characteristic: Very finicky
Moves: Pound, Transform
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at lvl 10 after a long travel through time. fateful encounter.
Stats: HP: 40, Atk: 27, Defense: 25, SpAtk:27, SpDef: 27, speed: 26

Level Caught at: apparently arrived at lvl 10 after a long travel through time. fateful encounter.
Current Level: 18
Stats: HP: 65, Atk: 46, Defense: 44, SpAtk:47, SpDef: 40, speed: 46

Afwan
6th September 2011, 2:55 PM
I got a couple of mews on GTS and wondered if they were hacks or not.

Moves: Pound, Transform, Metronome
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at lvl 21 after a long travel through time. fateful encounter.
Stats: HP: 75, Atk: 52, Defense: 51, SpAtk:53, SpDef: 46, speed: 53

Characteristic: Very finicky
Stats: HP: 40, Atk: 27, Defense: 25, SpAtk:27, SpDef: 27, speed: 26

Current Level: 18
Stats: HP: 65, Atk: 46, Defense: 44, SpAtk:47, SpDef: 40, speed: 46
All of them is legit
its the TRU MYSTRY Mew event mew

Whity
6th September 2011, 2:59 PM
thank you i thought so but wanted to check thanks :)

VentusStorm
6th September 2011, 10:03 PM
Got this one for from a trade a couple of months ago.

Pokemon Species: Landorus
OT: John
ID no: 51450
EV's: none
IV's: Flawless
Characteristic: Likes to trash about
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Fissure
Level Caught at:Lv. 70
Stats: HP: 226, Atk: 201, Defense: 152, Sp. Atk: 168, Sp. Def: 138, Speed: 184
Location Caught: Abundant Shrine
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball

2000b2
6th September 2011, 10:06 PM
i'm not the best. but it sounds legit to me.

DragonMaster26
6th September 2011, 10:35 PM
Got this one for from a trade a couple of months ago.

Pokemon Species: Landorus
OT: John
ID no: 51450
IV's: Flawless
Characteristic: Likes to trash about
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Fissure
Level Caught at:Lv. 70
Stats: HP: 226, Atk: 201, Defense: 152, Sp. Atk: 168, Sp. Def: 138, Speed: 184
Location Caught: Abundant Shrine
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball

it's a common RNG, it's pretty common around here.

Ammako
7th September 2011, 1:56 AM
my espeon, pikachu, charizard, blastoise and entei all came from my 1 game where the gender was male, yet the same pikachu and entei have red ot color.
I've heard two different stories for those events:

1- The OT color depends on your trainer's gender. <-- We know that one is false.
2- The OT color depends on the gender of the trainer on the distribution cart. <-- To be confirmed

There's also this other theory (which makes sense)
3- The OT color is semi-random. <-- Most likely.

there are many FEMALE dw events available to pass down their ability
Many = 3 out of 24. I'll remember this.

that pikachu is fine, o and btw the male Pikachu does NOT need to know Volt Tackle, the pichu will have it as an egg move, ive confirmed this 6 times, The male knew Electro Ball, Thunder, ThunderShock and Growl the baby had Volt Tackle automatically.
One of the parents have to hold the Light Ball for Volt Tackle to be passed down.

alexmack
7th September 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi all, hoping you can help. I just bought HeartGold from Ebay to aid with my pokedex conquering on Black, and seem to have hit the jackpot. When I opened the PC Box on the game it is full of rare pokemon which I might find impossible to track down otherwise. Yes it's a shortcut but I'm thinking I might need to take advantage and use at least the Celebi, Darkrai, Mew and Arceus contained within before I reset and play the game.

I would really like to know if they are genuine. Darkrai seems fine (met at Newmoon island) but I'm unfamiliar with the others and would love to know if they seem hacked:

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: CELEBI
OT: Romany
OT Gender: F
IDno: 52447
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Strong willed
Ability: natural cure
Moves: magical leaf, ancientpower, baton pass, natural gift
Level Caught at: 52
Stats: 123, 111, 119, 136, 99
Location Caught: Route 226
Pokeball Caught In: Master

Nickname: MEW
Nature: Quirky
Ability: synchronise
Moves: pound, transform, megapunch, metronome
Level Caught at: 21
Stats: 50, 48, 49, 52, 51
Location Caught: Route 215

Nickname: ARCEUS
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: strongly defiant
Ability: multitype
Moves: earth power, hyper voice, extremespeed, refresh
Level Caught at: 51
Current Level: 51
Stats: 136, 118, 133, 141, 150
Location Caught: Route 225

'Romany' is not the trainer of the cartridge I have, but they all seem a little suspect, right?

Cmpukahi
7th September 2011, 10:28 AM
Hi all, hoping you can help. I just bought HeartGold from Ebay to aid with my pokedex conquering on Black, and seem to have hit the jackpot. When I opened the PC Box on the game it is full of rare pokemon which I might find impossible to track down otherwise. Yes it's a shortcut but I'm thinking I might need to take advantage and use at least the Celebi, Darkrai, Mew and Arceus contained within before I reset and play the game.

I would really like to know if they are genuine. Darkrai seems fine (met at Newmoon island) but I'm unfamiliar with the others and would love to know if they seem hacked:

'Romany' is not the trainer of the cartridge I have, but they all seem a little suspect, right?

These look like hacks I don't think you can catch any if them in the wild even if you got them from an event

alexmack
7th September 2011, 10:32 AM
I thought so. They won't affect my game in any way though right? I wouldn't use them in battle anyway, just need them for my dex.

I might just take them temporarily and then track down replacements at a later date

thanks

Cmpukahi
7th September 2011, 10:34 AM
I thought so. They won't affect my game in any way though right? I wouldn't use them in battle anyway, just need them for my dex.

I might just take them temporarily and then track down replacements at a later date

thanks

Yes it shouldn't affect your game in any way.

I would wait for someone else to confirm this but I'm pretty positive they are hacks.

You're welcome :)

Shine
7th September 2011, 11:38 AM

All of them are hacked.

They cannot be met in the wild. Especially with such an odd level.

Arceus is the easiest to detect, as all completely legit Arceus are at lv 100.
(I don't count the Hall of Origin Arceus, since you need to hack the Azure Flute to get access to the Hall of Origin anyway. And even then, the HoO Arceus is at lv 85 iirc)

Cmpukahi
7th September 2011, 6:11 PM
All of them are hacked.

They cannot be met in the wild. Especially with such an odd level.

Arceus is the easiest to detect, as all completely legit Arceus are at lv 100.
(I don't count the Hall of Origin Arceus, since you need to hack the Azure Flute to get access to the Hall of Origin anyway. And even then, the HoO Arceus is at lv 85 iirc)

Thanks for confirming that.

TVGuru
7th September 2011, 6:36 PM
Pokemon Species:Eevee
Nickname:EEVEE
OT:VGC10
OT Gender:blue
IDno:05080
IV's: 3/29/23/15/25/13
Nature:Hardy
Characteristic:Likes to fight
Ability:Adaptability
Moves:Iron tail, Trump Card, Flail, Quick Attack
Level Caught at:50
Stats:116/74/66/57/82/66
Location Caught:Johto (transfered to White)
Pokeball Caught In:Cherish ball
Any other notes?:Never questioned its legitness but someone told me the hardy one was a hack, which I found odd since serebii database and bulbapedia said its supposed to be.

WishIhadaManafi5
7th September 2011, 8:07 PM
Got a question: I got a DW Lapras off of the GTS recently that knows Horn Drill and Avalanche? Is that even possible via there, or is it a hack like I suspect?

I don't mind it if it is though, but I just wanted to see for the heck of it.

hammy_ham_ham
7th September 2011, 8:54 PM
Pokemon Species: Dratini (male)
Nickname: none (dratini's japanese name)
OT: Eーヒイ (I think)
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) blue
IDno: 65210
EV's: (if known) unknown
Nature: jolly
Characteristic: somewhat vain
Ability: marvel scale
Moves: leer, dragon dance, extreme speed, thunderwave
Level Caught at: 1 (hatched)
Stats:
hp:12
att: 6
def: 6
sp at: 5
sp def: 6
speed: 6
Location Caught: icirrus city (hatched)
Any other notes?: got from GTS for thunderus

I'm thinking it's a clone, but if it's a hack I want to know

Cmpukahi
7th September 2011, 8:58 PM
Pokemon Species: Dratini (male)
Nickname: none (dratini's japanese name)
OT: Eーヒイ (I think)
IDno: 65210
EV's: (if known) unknown
Characteristic: somewhat vain
Ability: marvel scale
Moves: leer, dragon dance, extreme speed, thunderwave
Level Caught at: 1 (hatched)
Stats:
hp:12
att: 6
def: 6
sp at: 5
sp def: 6
speed: 6
Location Caught: icirrus city (hatched)
Any other notes?: got from GTS for thunderus

I'm thinking it's a clone, but if it's a hack I want to know

It's RNG'd. Those are perfect stats. Does it have a ribbon?

Aenea
7th September 2011, 9:06 PM
It's RNG'd. Those are perfect stats. Does it have a ribbon?

Agreed that it looks legit- But why does it say it's not an egg but that it hatched? It does definitely have to be an egg as it can't be lvl 1 or caught in that location unless it was.

Cmpukahi
7th September 2011, 9:10 PM
Agreed that it looks legit- But why does it say it's not an egg but that it hatched? It does definitely have to be an egg as it can't be lvl 1 or caught in that location unless it was.

Ah I see the problem now. Yeah that doesn't make sense

DragonMaster26
7th September 2011, 9:11 PM

Your confusing, 1st u put its hatched but in the egg section u put no, *sigh* does it say "Egg apparently hatched" and also "egg received"?

hammy_ham_ham
7th September 2011, 9:11 PM
It doesn't have any ribbons.

EDIT: I see, meant to put 'yes' as egg- I thought that 'egg' meant it was recieved as an egg, rather than a hatched pokemon.

Cmpukahi
7th September 2011, 9:13 PM
It doesn't have any ribbons.

EDIT: I see, meant to put 'yes' as egg- I thought that 'egg' meant it was recieved as an egg, rather than a hatched pokemon.

That makes more sense now

manniezmoll
7th September 2011, 9:24 PM
Pokemon Species:Eevee
Nickname:EEVEE
OT:VGC10
OT Gender:blue
IDno:05080
IV's: 3/29/23/15/25/13
Nature:Hardy
Characteristic:Likes to fight
Ability:Adaptability
Moves:Iron tail, Trump Card, Flail, Quick Attack
Level Caught at:50
Stats:116/74/66/57/82/66
Location Caught:Johto (transfered to White)
Pokeball Caught In:Cherish ball
Any other notes?:Never questioned its legitness but someone told me the hardy one was a hack, which I found odd since serebii database and bulbapedia said its supposed to be.

no, hardy is the legit nature for that one, my question is...did you get it in a trade or off the GTS? i thought it had a ribbon that prevents GTS trading, is why i'm asking...

thetifftiff
7th September 2011, 9:34 PM
Got a question: I got a DW Lapras off of the GTS recently that knows Horn Drill and Avalanche? Is that even possible via there, or is it a hack like I suspect?

I don't mind it if it is though, but I just wanted to see for the heck of it.

Dream World as in caught in the Entree Forest? If so, it's a hack. Avalanche is an egg move. Horn drill is both an egg move and can be on a Dream World caught lapras.

If you mean one bred with the Dream World ability, it should be fine.

TVGuru
7th September 2011, 9:42 PM
@mannie: No I got it in a trade. My thoughts exactly, just wanted to be double sure.

WishIhadaManafi5
7th September 2011, 9:54 PM
Dream World as in caught in the Entree Forest? If so, it's a hack. Avalanche is an egg move. Horn drill is both an egg move and can be on a Dream World caught lapras.

If you mean one bred with the Dream World ability, it should be fine.

Figured. It was lv.10.

Wow. Didn't know that Horn Drill could be on a DW one. Avalanche especially looked suspicious to me... less so Horn Drill.

Wish it would have been bred with the ability instead of being a hack... but oh well. I'll just try to breed off of it move wise, I have a female DW one I'll try and breed it with... and go from there.

I'm just glad I have it (been wanting a shiny one for some time... and that was probably the one time I had a chance to get one on the GTS, since everyone tries to rip others off when one is posted).

Thanks for the help :).

Ammako
7th September 2011, 11:21 PM
(And even then, the HoO Arceus is at lv 85 iirc)

Actually Lv. 80.

dewey911p
8th September 2011, 2:41 AM
Just a general question here.

What is the general position on pokemon bred from hacks. What i mean is, If i get a hack that is flawless and has some good egg moves and i use it to RNG me a legit egg, is the hatched pokemon considered hacked? In my opinion, no, but i want to gauge what the rest of the community thinks before i offer any of the RNGed pokemon i have (I just figured out how to RNG, my first sucessful RNG, a Naive shiny 31/31/30/31/31/31 pichu with DW ability and Volt Tackle, both parents legit :D i digress, but im proud of myself :D) Any advice or other opinions would be greatly appreciated so i dont accidently offer something that someone else consideres hacked and get blacklisted :/ thanks guys :)

manniezmoll
8th September 2011, 2:59 AM
@mannie: No I got it in a trade. My thoughts exactly, just wanted to be double sure.

cool beans... :)

What is the general position on pokemon bred from hacks. What i mean is, If i get a hack that is flawless and has some good egg moves and i use it to RNG me a legit egg, is the hatched pokemon considered hacked? In my opinion, no, but i want to gauge what the rest of the community thinks before i offer any of the RNGed pokemon i have (I just figured out how to RNG, my first sucessful RNG, a Naive shiny 31/31/30/31/31/31 pichu with DW ability and Volt Tackle, both parents legit :D i digress, but im proud of myself :D) Any advice or other opinions would be greatly appreciated so i dont accidently offer something that someone else consideres hacked and get blacklisted :/ thanks guys :)

i would consider the offspring legit, but that's just me. there are others that would disagree, as there always are...

Cmpukahi
8th September 2011, 3:36 AM
In my opinion I believe as long as the baby is legit everything is fine

Aenea
8th September 2011, 4:50 AM
In my opinion I believe as long as the baby is legit everything is fine

I agree aswell, but I don't know if the baby is legit as regards to code, any advice?

dewey911p
8th September 2011, 4:55 AM
they all check out on pokecheck if that helps

Cmpukahi
8th September 2011, 4:56 AM
I agree aswell, but I don't know if the baby is legit as regards to code, any advice?

Hmm never thought about that one...

Curvee
8th September 2011, 1:16 PM
Pokemon Species: Pikachu.
Nickname: None its in Japanese.
OT: Japanese again~
OT Gender: Red.
Shiny?: No.
EV's: None.
IV's: Decent all around~ Judge said so :3
Nature: Sassy.
Characteristic: Likes to fight.
Ability: Lightning Rod.
Moves: Sing, Teeter Dance, Encore, Electro ball.
Level Caught at: Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv.30.
Current Level: 30.
Stats: HP 64 Atk 46 Def 23 Sp atk 38 Sp def 31 Speed 54
Location Caught: Pokemon Event.
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish ball.
Any other notes?: It is female and has the "Souvenir Ribbon" :3 The only thing confusing me...is that on the event database on Serebii it says "Lovely place" and not "Pokemon Event" o ^ o So If anyone could help me out I'd be grateful :3 Thank you very much~ !!

dewey911p
8th September 2011, 5:41 PM
i recieved about 10 different singing pikachu's in my crusade to get a legit one, and one of the tell tail signs is that a hack says pokemon event instead of lovely place. Sorry to say, its hacked :/ and trust me, i feel your pain

Curvee
9th September 2011, 1:59 AM
i recieved about 10 different singing pikachu's in my crusade to get a legit one, and one of the tell tail signs is that a hack says pokemon event instead of lovely place. Sorry to say, its hacked :/ and trust me, i feel your pain

Whaaaat...; A ;...?...Darn it~ >: That sucks...oh well guess I'll have to request the person a trade-back. > ^ <; I knew something was wrong the moment I saw it was different than what it said on the Serebii event database~ D: Good thing I got it checked out~ Thanks a lot !!

Ammako
9th September 2011, 2:02 AM

Just don't tell them about the parents.
If they ask, tell them the parents were legit, because it doesn't matter. At all.
(Unless the hacked parents gave the baby a hacked egg move combination.)

poopoop
10th September 2011, 7:22 PM
okay i got this from my friend who got it from someone on wifi who said cloned a bunch of them.
everything looks okay but i want to be 100%

Victini
nickname: japanese
OT:Japanese
shiny: no
EVs: looks like 252atk/252speed/4hp
IVs: 31hp/31atk/idk rest
adamant nature
ability:victory star
Often doses off

"5/25/2011
Pokémon Movie 11
Apparently had a
fateful encounter at
Lv.50."

current level: 100

stats

HP 342
ATK 328
DEF 230
SP.ATK 196
SP.DEF 211
SPEED 295

caught in cherish ball

it has "Gift Ribbon01"

i will be very happy if it is legit

poopoop
10th September 2011, 7:24 PM
sorry i forgot the moves
(edit no working)
V-create 5pp
Brickbreak 15pp
fusion bolt 8pp
zen headbutt 15pp

DragonMaster26
10th September 2011, 7:34 PM
okay i got this from my friend who got it from someone on wifi who said cloned a bunch of them.
everything looks okay but i want to be 100%

Victini
nickname: japanese
OT:Japanese
shiny: no
EVs: looks like 252atk/252speed/4hp
IVs: 31hp/31atk/idk rest
adamant nature
ability:victory star
Often doses off

"5/25/2011
Pokémon Movie 11
Apparently had a
fateful encounter at
Lv.50."

current level: 100

stats

HP 342
ATK 328
DEF 230
SP.ATK 196
SP.DEF 211
SPEED 295

caught in cherish ball

it has "Gift Ribbon01"

i will be very happy if it is legit

sorry i forgot the moves
(edit no working)
V-create 5pp
Brickbreak 15pp
fusion bolt 8pp
zen headbutt 15pp

it's fine it the ribbon says it's the Wishing Ribbon on it's description, it's the Eind Victini http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Nintendo_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_20 11#Movie_Victini wth an altered moveset.

Superpower Emboar
11th September 2011, 8:06 AM
i have one but all i need to say is this and everyone will know its fake... shiny ferrothorn level forty caught in CHERISH BALL i rest my case. and whats with all the crazy people wanting low level legendaries? they do realize if they do exist they're all hacked rite

dewey911p
11th September 2011, 9:11 AM
i have one but all i need to say is this and everyone will know its fake... shiny ferrothorn level forty caught in CHERISH BALL i rest my case. and whats with all the crazy people wanting low level legendaries? they do realize if they do exist they're all hacked rite

1) the ferrothorn in the cherish ball could be legit if it was obtained via an Action Replay (i realize many consider this hacking still, but im referring to the actual code of the pokemon. Of course im not a programming expert so i could still be wrong) If it was obtained via an AR then its technically "legit" but no one will take it as so.

2) the low level legendary requests are people who like to waste the time of others, who have a different sense of humor then i do, who are just spamming the GTS, who have nothing else in life to occupy themselves with, who are little kids who simply have no clue what is possible in the game, or people who know its a hack and just dont care

DragonMaster26
11th September 2011, 9:37 AM
1) the ferrothorn in the cherish ball could be legit if it was obtained via an Action Replay (i realize many consider this hacking still, but im referring to the actual code of the pokemon. Of course im not a programming expert so i could still be wrong) If it was obtained via an AR then its technically "legit" but no one will take it as so.

2) the low level legendary requests are people who like to waste the time of others, who have a different sense of humor then i do, who are just spamming the GTS, who have nothing else in life to occupy themselves with, who are little kids who simply have no clue what is possible in the game, or people who know its a hack and just dont care

Wtf, ANYTHING obtained via AR is frowned upon here, especialy item's, anything that cannot be obtained via regular in-game event's is a hack, a Cherish Ball can only be obtained on Distribution Event's, so if i used the code to get 999 cherish ball's and i happened to legitly encounter a shiny pokemon and i happen to use that cherish ball it is considered a hack regardless, think before you post dude, seriously.

dewey911p
11th September 2011, 10:54 AM
Wtf, ANYTHING obtained via AR is frowned upon here, especialy item's, anything that cannot be obtained via regular in-game event's is a hack, a Cherish Ball can only be obtained on Distribution Event's, so if i used the code to get 999 cherish ball's and i happened to legitly encounter a shiny pokemon and i happen to use that cherish ball it is considered a hack regardless, think before you post dude, seriously.

I did think, and I hesitated because I was afraid someone would take it the wrong way, I even checked back on this thread just to ensure no one misunderstood. I had confidence that others would see what i was trying to say but apparently further explanation is needed, so if I may.

As noted, I referenced the code of the pokemon as being legit. What I meant was, aside from the cherish ball, say, had the ball been a pokeball or an ultraball, then the pokemon would be legit and no one would know it was obtained via an AR (we must excuse the questionable lvl since 27 is the highest natural lvl a Ferroseed can be encountered at, but the point is the same). To my understanding, an AR doesn't alter the code of the pokemon in the game, but rather, it alters the code of the game itself. Again, im not a computer expert and I have no idea if what I just said about the programming aspect makes any sense, but that is my current understanding (feel free to berate me on this aspect as I freely and entirely admit I know almost nothing about it). Furthermore, if you had read the entire post, or perhaps, if I had communicated my position better, I said "technically legit" not actually legit. Again, this is in reference to my understanding of the programming code. it is possible that the only issue with the pokemon is the ball (again, lets ignore the lvl just for the sake of this discussion) and my definition of a "legit" pokemon is any pokemon encountered in the game with no outside help. So, if an AR was used to get a cherish ball and the pokemon was encountered naturally after that, by the definition I provided, its still legit. Now I'm well aware that no one on this site will accept any non-event pokemon that is in a cherish ball, myself included. I consider it a hack as well. But i thought it was worth mentioning that just because the pokemon is in a cherish ball, it is not 100% guaranteed that the pokemon is totally hacked, some one could have just ruined a perfectly legit and naturally occurring shiny with a bad choice ball.

Some points that may engender disagreement:
1) my definition of a "legit pokemon"
2) my understanding of the programming
3) my personal opinion that just because an AR was used to get the ball that the pokemon was captured in doesn't mean that pokemon isn't legit.

my preemptive response:
1) everyone has there own definition and this will surely be a source of debate, I just put my definition out there to explain a situation as I saw it
2) I got nothing, Fire away!!! :P
3) Agian, im with everyone else in thinking its a hack, but that doesnt mean its not "technically legit"

After all that, the pokemon in question is definitely hacked tho :P lvl 40 (caught at or raised to?) and a cherish ball, no question about it. lol, i like the discussion tho :D

Wardek
11th September 2011, 11:02 AM
Wtf, ANYTHING obtained via AR is frowned upon here, especialy item's, anything that cannot be obtained via regular in-game event's is a hack, a Cherish Ball can only be obtained on Distribution Event's, so if i used the code to get 999 cherish ball's and i happened to legitly encounter a shiny pokemon and i happen to use that cherish ball it is considered a hack regardless, think before you post dude, seriously.OBTAINED. Catching a Pokemon using a hacked Pokeball wouldn't make the caught Pokemon hacked, even if it's Cherish on non-event or DW on non-DW.

It's based on your definition of legit, if you think that it's hacked because it was caught on hacked ball, so be it, no one would force you to think it's not hacked. But the truth it isn't.

P.S. Lot of RNGers use AR to get infinite stuff, so would you call their Pokemons hacked if they were caught on a hacked ball?

Superpower Emboar
11th September 2011, 5:20 PM
well someone also said shinies w/ suspicious natures are an indicator, but hardy doesnt look all that good to me. u kno what il just keep it. i do love shiny ferothorn

Ammako
11th September 2011, 5:20 PM
I did think, and I hesitated because I was afraid someone would take it the wrong way, I even checked back on this thread just to ensure no one misunderstood. I had confidence that others would see what i was trying to say but apparently further explanation is needed, so if I may.

As noted, I referenced the code of the pokemon as being legit. What I meant was, aside from the cherish ball, say, had the ball been a pokeball or an ultraball, then the pokemon would be legit and no one would know it was obtained via an AR (we must excuse the questionable lvl since 27 is the highest natural lvl a Ferroseed can be encountered at, but the point is the same). To my understanding, an AR doesn't alter the code of the pokemon in the game, but rather, it alters the code of the game itself. Again, im not a computer expert and I have no idea if what I just said about the programming aspect makes any sense, but that is my current understanding (feel free to berate me on this aspect as I freely and entirely admit I know almost nothing about it). Furthermore, if you had read the entire post, or perhaps, if I had communicated my position better, I said "technically legit" not actually legit. Again, this is in reference to my understanding of the programming code. it is possible that the only issue with the pokemon is the ball (again, lets ignore the lvl just for the sake of this discussion) and my definition of a "legit" pokemon is any pokemon encountered in the game with no outside help. So, if an AR was used to get a cherish ball and the pokemon was encountered naturally after that, by the definition I provided, its still legit. Now I'm well aware that no one on this site will accept any non-event pokemon that is in a cherish ball, myself included. I consider it a hack as well. But i thought it was worth mentioning that just because the pokemon is in a cherish ball, it is not 100% guaranteed that the pokemon is totally hacked, some one could have just ruined a perfectly legit and naturally occurring shiny with a bad choice ball.

Some points that may engender disagreement:
1) my definition of a "legit pokemon"
2) my understanding of the programming
3) my personal opinion that just because an AR was used to get the ball that the pokemon was captured in doesn't mean that pokemon isn't legit.

my preemptive response:
1) everyone has there own definition and this will surely be a source of debate, I just put my definition out there to explain a situation as I saw it
2) I got nothing, Fire away!!! :P
3) Agian, im with everyone else in thinking its a hack, but that doesnt mean its not "technically legit"

After all that, the pokemon in question is definitely hacked tho :P lvl 40 (caught at or raised to?) and a cherish ball, no question about it. lol, i like the discussion tho :D

A Pokémon is hacked if it doesn't fit the legal criterias.
In this case, it was caught in a Cherish Ball.
The ONLY way you can get a shiny Ferrothorn in a Cherish Ball is by using a cheating device/save editor.

There is no place for your own interpretation regarding Pokémon legality.
(I could guarantee you would get kicked out of Worlds if you tried competing with that Ferrothorn — arguing that you believe it's legit would change nothing, because it isn't.)

Arande
11th September 2011, 6:48 PM
^^ was about to say that.

I'm pretty sure they'd stop a match and disqualify people as soon as they saw non-event cherish balls flying around.

DragonMaster26
11th September 2011, 6:50 PM
OBTAINED. Catching a Pokemon using a hacked Pokeball wouldn't make the caught Pokemon hacked, even if it's Cherish on non-event or DW on non-DW.

It's based on your definition of legit, if you think that it's hacked because it was caught on hacked ball, so be it, no one would force you to think it's not hacked. But the truth it isn't.

P.S. Lot of RNGers use AR to get infinite stuff, so would you call their Pokemons hacked if they were caught on a hacked ball?

Well aint that a stupid question, you screwed yourself when you admitted the damn ball was hacked, anything caught in a ball not obtained regurarly via in-game is a hack.

Think of it this way, if i used my AR to get 999 Cherish Ball's where is my credibility when im offering a shiny pokemon? how can prove it's legit shiny and not code altered. i could just turn on the "Wild pkmn are shiny" code and take a stroll of Unova and get them,

Aren't you a damn smart goose, think before you say dumb argument's like that, here i thought u were smarter than that.

Magicmonkey
11th September 2011, 7:59 PM
two here, first looks legit, second most likely hack
Pokemon Species: Dialga
Nickname: Dialga
OT:squiggly symbols
IDno:56596
EV's: (if known)none
IV's: (if known)unknown
Nature:adamant
Characteristic:throughly cunning
Moves:scary face and dragon breath
Level Caught at:1
Current Level:1
Stats: hp 13, spd 6, everything else 7
Location Caught: johto
Egg?:
Any other notes?:i think its a sinjoh ruins one, traded for zekrom lv 100

Pokemon Species:Regice
Nickname:Regice
OT:MATTHI
IDno:04403
EV's: (if known)none (so rare candy or daycare)
IV's: (if known)dunno, but they arent good
Characteristic: likes to relax
Ability:clear body
Moves:charge beam, zap cannon, ice beamand ancient power
Level Caught at:arrived at lv 100
Stats:hp 299 atk 125 def 208 sp atk 195 sp def 407 speed 140
Location Caught:sinnoh (so regigigas or hacked)
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:master ball (hacked or panic throw
Any other notes?: asked for lv 100 magnezone (and mine was shiny, so let it not be a hack!)

dewey911p
11th September 2011, 8:47 PM
A Pokémon is hacked if it doesn't fit the legal criterias.
In this case, it was caught in a Cherish Ball.
The ONLY way you can get a shiny Ferrothorn in a Cherish Ball is by using a cheating device/save editor.

There is no place for your own interpretation regarding Pokémon legality.
(I could guarantee you would get kicked out of Worlds if you tried competing with that Ferrothorn — arguing that you believe it's legit would change nothing, because it isn't.)

again, if you read the whole post i am not argueing that is is not hacked. As to your assertion that my opinion has no place here, that is simply your opinion. If i accept what you say and believe that personal opinions have no place here, im sorry to say that im forced to disreagd your statements. Saying that someone else has no right to a personal opinion, how uncouth

I fear that we have digressed away from the point of this thread. I would love to continue this discussion, but i think we should take it some place else. any suggestions as to where, or are we ready to put the issue to rest?

Excitable Boy
11th September 2011, 8:53 PM
two here, first looks legit, second most likely hack
Pokemon Species: Dialga
Nickname: Dialga
OT:squiggly symbols
IDno:56596
EV's: (if known)none
IV's: (if known)unknown
Nature:adamant
Characteristic:throughly cunning
Moves:scary face and dragon breath
Level Caught at:1
Current Level:1
Stats: hp 13, spd 6, everything else 7
Location Caught: johto
Egg?:
Any other notes?:i think its a sinjoh ruins one, traded for zekrom lv 100

Egg?:
Any other notes?: asked for lv 100 magnezone (and mine was shiny, so let it not be a hack!)

Nothing inherently wrong with either of them.

Mickeymick
11th September 2011, 9:10 PM
I got a shiny level 100 golurk over gts negotiations for my level 73 gigalith my friend gave me the day after i first cleared the game

Pokemon Species: Golurk
Nickname: Golurk
OT: Robin
OT Gender: I dont know the trainer's gender but golurk doesnt have a gender
IDno:24497
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown (how do i check iv's and ev's? i only know how to train them)
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Psychic, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Heavy Slam
Level Caught at: Apparently met at level 30
Stats: HP 344
Attack 309
Defense 221
Sp. Atk 188
Sp. Def 211
Speed 142
All PPs are 16
Location Caught: Dragonspiral Tower
Pokeball Caught In: Dusk ball

Ever since i got this golurk, i kept it in my permanent party because it's shiny and it's strong :P
Is it legit?

DragonMaster26
11th September 2011, 9:29 PM
I got a shiny level 100 golurk over gts negotiations for my level 73 gigalith my friend gave me the day after i first cleared the game

Pokemon Species: Golurk
Nickname: Golurk
OT: Robin
OT Gender: I dont know the trainer's gender but golurk doesnt have a gender
IDno:24497
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown (how do i check iv's and ev's? i only know how to train them)
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Psychic, Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Heavy Slam
Level Caught at: Apparently met at level 30
Stats: HP 344
Attack 309
Defense 221
Sp. Atk 188
Sp. Def 211
Speed 142
All PPs are 16
Location Caught: Dragonspiral Tower
Pokeball Caught In: Dusk ball

Ever since i got this golurk, i kept it in my permanent party because it's shiny and it's strong :P
Is it legit?

No worries, it's legit.

Mickeymick
11th September 2011, 9:36 PM
No worries, it's legit.

YAY! :D Thanks! I thought it was a bit "too" strong :P thanks again! ^_^

manniezmoll
11th September 2011, 9:45 PM
Egg?:

it's possible to get the regi's in platinum, you needed the event regigigas to open the 3 areas for regice, regirock, & registeel. it's possible for it to be legit.

poopoop
11th September 2011, 11:17 PM
it's fine it the ribbon says it's the Wishing Ribbon on it's description, it's the Eind Victini http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Nintendo_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_20 11#Movie_Victini wth an altered moveset.

okay thank you!

fusionzekrom
12th September 2011, 12:13 AM
Hi, can I ask whether a latios can have it's location from sinnoh? Could it be transferred from 3rd gen onto platinum? Please help thanks

cannibaleyes
12th September 2011, 1:21 AM
again, if you read the whole post i am not argueing that is is not hacked. As to your assertion that my opinion has no place here, that is simply your opinion. If i accept what you say and believe that personal opinions have no place here, im sorry to say that im forced to disreagd your statements. Saying that someone else has no right to a personal opinion, how uncouth

I fear that we have digressed away from the point of this thread. I would love to continue this discussion, but i think we should take it some place else. any suggestions as to where, or are we ready to put the issue to rest?
Well appearing to be legit other than being caught in a hacked ball doesn't mean that the pokemon WAS generated legitly. It could still just be a total hack. But regardless of whether or not the actual pokemon was generated legitly or purely ARed, the Cherish ball still makes it not-legal in some way, because you can't obtain cherish balls in-game without hacking. If it were caught in a different hacked pokeball, such as an ultra ball, there would technically be a hacked part of it, but there would be no way to tell that the ball was hacked, as I've heard that the coding does not differentiate between hacked items and normal ones. I see what you're saying, that'd they both be the same level of hacked, but the difference is there would be no way to prove that the ball was hacked if it wasn't an un-obtainable pokeball.

Hi, can I ask whether a latios can have it's location from sinnoh? Could it be transferred from 3rd gen onto platinum? Please help thanks
No. One that was transferred from 3rd gen. would be from Hoenn or Kanto. Pretty sure there are no Latios in Sinnoh (correct me if I'm wrong)

Ammako
12th September 2011, 1:48 AM

So what you're saying could pretty much be translated into this:

"My Pokémon is hacked, but I consider it legit, therefore it is not hacked."
When you'll figure out this makes no sense, that's when you'll understand there's no place for opinions here.

Excitable Boy
12th September 2011, 2:13 AM
Can we stop arguing about this?

The Pokemon is legit, the ball is hacked. The owner can do what they want. Jesus Christ.

poopoop
12th September 2011, 3:39 AM
Well appearing to be legit other than being caught in a hacked ball doesn't mean that the pokemon WAS generated legitly. It could still just be a total hack. But regardless of whether or not the actual pokemon was generated legitly or purely ARed, the Cherish ball still makes it not-legal in some way, because you can't obtain cherish balls in-game without hacking. If it were caught in a different hacked pokeball, such as an ultra ball, there would technically be a hacked part of it, but there would be no way to tell that the ball was hacked, as I've heard that the coding does not differentiate between hacked items and normal ones. I see what you're saying, that'd they both be the same level of hacked, but the difference is there would be no way to prove that the ball was hacked if it wasn't an un-obtainable pokeball.

No. One that was transferred from 3rd gen. would be from Hoenn or Kanto. Pretty sure there are no Latios in Sinnoh (correct me if I'm wrong)

iirc i think there was an event for latias/latios in HGSS

DragonMaster26
12th September 2011, 3:46 AM
Can we stop arguing about this?

The Pokemon is legit, the ball is hacked. The owner can do what they want. Jesus Christ.

They just cant say that because in their "opinion" it's legit then everyone has to consider it legit also.

dewey911p
12th September 2011, 4:19 AM
So what you're saying could pretty much be translated into this:

"My Pokémon is hacked, but I consider it legit, therefore it is not hacked."
When you'll figure out this makes no sense, that's when you'll understand there's no place for opinions here.

Do you read what i type, or just insert your predispositions into what you see and comment on those? I said nothing of the sort nor am i even sure where you found such a conclusion. If you would read, i did not say it was my opinion that the pokemon was legit, in fact, i said it is hacked several times, but it seems this fact was selectively ignored, oh well. Again, what i said was it is possible that the only thing that was hacked was the ball it was captured in. If you want to "translate" (you didnt translate anything, you inserted you ideas and tried to say they were mine) what i said, a person does the best job of capturing the gist of what im driving at. While were on the subject of a person's post, it seems pointless to try and reason with those who have a closed mind. So, on this subject, im done.

NOTE: it is hard to insert a tone in to typed text and i would really hate it if this message came off as insulting or anything of the sort. Im simply trying to explain myself and i feel it should be noted that the tone im aiming for is a calm conversational one.

poopoop
12th September 2011, 5:46 AM
I'll use my super ultra Einsteinian calculation of the ferrothorn

cherish ball is hacked
1 hacked point

because the ball is hacked its 50/50 that the ferrothorn is too
1 hacked point, 1 legit point

=
hackness of it > legitness

just my opinion tho

Livinitup17
12th September 2011, 6:15 AM

Yeah it's impossible to originate from sinnoh only obtainable through trade

Excitable Boy
12th September 2011, 6:30 AM
They just cant say that because in their "opinion" it's legit then everyone has to consider it legit also.

The playerbase as a whole defines what, exactly, is considered legit. As the playerbase as a whole cannot agree on what defines legit exactly, as evidenced by this thread, why can players not use their own discretion as to what defines it?

Should he attempt to trade his Pokemon, he should explain that it is only widely accepted to be legal, and not universally considered legit, but otherwise, what's the problem?

Livinitup17
12th September 2011, 6:55 AM
The playerbase as a whole defines what, exactly, is considered legit. As the playerbase as a whole cannot agree on what defines legit exactly, as evidenced by this thread, why can players not use their own discretion as to what defines it?

Should he attempt to trade his Pokemon, he should explain that it is only widely accepted to be legal, and not universally considered legit, but otherwise, what's the problem?

He should explain that the pokemon was caught in a cherish ball but he believes it to be legit or at least legal to him
If you explain that the pokemon is legal people might misinterpret this as some people believe hack ball makes a pokemon hack and not legal while others don't so he should just explain what people might consider hack and let the person decide whether or not to trade if it's even consider allow to do so here

Arande
12th September 2011, 7:08 AM
iirc i think there was an event for latias/latios in HGSS

Just to throw this out again.

Like pal park, the region on pokesifted pokes is the region it was caught in, not transferred from. And yeah, there have been no sinnoh lati@s.

Wardek
12th September 2011, 7:12 AM
It's based on your definition of legit

Jesus Christ.
My definition of legit is that a Pokemon legitly generated and caught using a hacked ball, is still legit. Your definition says that it's a hack. I know someone who SR'd for a Shiny Landorus and he didn't have any other balls so (s)he used a Cherish Ball, would it be a hack just because it was caught on a Cherish Ball? Everyone would think so, and not trade for it. Yes, I also won't, but I still consider it legit. Thou shall (whatever) the argument end.
Opinions apply btw.

Shine
12th September 2011, 11:43 AM

even if it was transferred from R/S/E to D/P/Pt, it would still says Hoenn.

No. One that was transferred from 3rd gen. would be from Hoenn or Kanto.

There are only 2 legit locations for Lati@s : Hoenn and Johto.
Johto is from HG/SS event, Hoenn is their location in R/S/E.

Eon Ticket was not available for FR/LG, so it is impossible to get a legit one that originates from Kanto.