PDA

View Full Version : Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Curvee
7th July 2013, 8:37 AM
Hello everyone~ I just received this Keldeo from a trade. At first sight everything about it seems legit but when I took a look at the event database there is no mention of a "WIN2013" Keldeo. o ^ o I sure hope it is legit. I would appreciate your oppinion on this people. Thank you very much in advance for your answers~ !!

Edit: Okay good~ !! I just wanted to make sure of it. <3 Thank you very much Kevin24.

Pokemon Species: Keldeo.
Nickname: Keldeo
OT: WIN2013
OT Gender: Blue.
IDno: 01163
Shiny?: No.
EV's: None.
IV's: Unknown.
Nature: Modest.
Characteristic: Alert to sounds.
Ability: Justified.
Moves: Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet.
Level Caught at: Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv.50.
Current Level: 50.
Stats: HP: 166, Attack: 81, Defense: 109, Special Attack: 163, Special Defense: 110, Speed: 128.
Location Caught: Lovely place
Egg?: No.
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball.
Any other notes?: It has the Wishing Ribbon.

Kevin24
7th July 2013, 11:09 AM
it's legal. it's the keldeo that was distributed over wifi connection.

Shine
7th July 2013, 11:47 AM
And what? It's gone already. It looks to be hacked too.

We only know the Shiny Ursaring's level, OT, and current trainer, and it's hard to say it's hacked without knowing more, especially since those three things looks fine.

Yes, I've seen the Shiny Ursaring you are talking about.

blue8arman
9th July 2013, 1:49 AM
Hi,there! It's my first time here,though. Yesterday, I got a shiny Manaphy from the GTS and I'm wondering if it's hack or not. I only traded a Castform for it.

Pokemon: Manaphy
Nickname: Japanese for Manaphy
OT: in Japanese
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 08738
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Ability: Hydration
Moves: Tail Glow, Ice Beam, Psychic, Surf
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 1
Current Level: 50
Stats: 197/106/118/116/105/119
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Standard Pokeball
Any other notes?: Fateful encounter.

FairyWitch
9th July 2013, 2:17 AM
Hi,there! It's my first time here,though. Yesterday, I got a shiny Manaphy from the GTS and I'm wondering if it's hack or not. I only traded a Castform for it.

i have never rnged a manaphy before im not sure but if that pokemon is not hatched from a egg which it was from disputed by ranger games...i let someone like agonist check this one...

dewey911p
9th July 2013, 12:51 PM

All of the info seems legal, but the fact that the IVs are not RNGed strikes me as suspicious. It isn't easy to get a shiny Manaphy as you need to trade the egg to another game in order for it to hatch shiny, it isn't like you can SR for it. It seems legal and nothing screams foul, but if it was me, I wouldn't trust it.

blue8arman
9th July 2013, 2:49 PM
i have never rnged a manaphy before im not sure but if that pokemon is not hatched from a egg which it was from disputed by ranger games...i let someone like agonist check this one...

All of the info seems legal, but the fact that the IVs are not RNGed strikes me as suspicious. It isn't easy to get a shiny Manaphy as you need to trade the egg to another game in order for it to hatch shiny, it isn't like you can SR for it. It seems legal and nothing screams foul, but if it was me, I wouldn't trust it.

Thanks for your help. But I was thinking, will Manaphy turn into a Bad Egg if its hacked and it stay on my PC?

dewey911p
9th July 2013, 3:21 PM
Thanks for your help. But I was thinking, will Manaphy turn into a Bad Egg if its hacked and it stay on my PC?

No, pokemon cannot revert to bad eggs. If it is hacked, it is just hacked, it will not spawn a bad egg out of thin air.

blue8arman
9th July 2013, 3:59 PM
No, pokemon cannot revert to bad eggs. If it is hacked, it is just hacked, it will not spawn a bad egg out of thin air.

Oh, what a relief. Thanks again. I really hate bad eggs.

GoldenMagikarp
9th July 2013, 10:27 PM

Manaphy from pokemon ranger can be shiny if the egg was traded before hatching, and I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to have fateful encounter too. It's stats seems fine according to the serebii pokedex, but it's hard to tell if they are legit without knowing the EVs and IVs. It seems legit to me by the info given. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Woops, I missed the last page.

blue8arman
10th July 2013, 1:30 AM
Manaphy from pokemon ranger can be shiny if the egg was traded before hatching, and I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to have fateful encounter too. It's stats seems fine according to the serebii pokedex, but it's hard to tell if they are legit without knowing the EVs and IVs. It seems legit to me by the info given. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Woops, I missed the last page.

Thanks for trying to figuring it out.

Updated the infos...

Any other notes?: Fateful encounter. ; Flying Hidden Power

FairyWitch
11th July 2013, 12:37 AM
dewy has a point actually about that manaphy it would take alot of sring to get that shiny i wouldn't trust it either just saying...even though it looks legal, it can still be a horrible hack...

professorj15
11th July 2013, 1:27 AM
Just traded a Bagon for a Tornadus over the GTS. Shocked to see it come in at lv. 100.

Pokemon Species: Tornadus
Nickname: TORNADO
OT: JACK
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Male
IDno: 02926
Shiny?: No
Nature: Lonely
Characteristic:
Ability: Prankster
Moves: Dark Pulse, Thrash, Hurricane, Air Slash
Level Caught at: 40
Current Level: 100
Stats: attack 265 defense 141 sp att 286 sp def 189 speed 232
Location Caught: rt 7
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball

Legit?

blue8arman
11th July 2013, 2:03 AM
dewy has a point actually about that manaphy it would take alot of sring to get that shiny i wouldn't trust it either just saying...even though it looks legal, it can still be a horrible hack...

May be i'll just keep Manaphy in my PC. Thanks...

FairyWitch
11th July 2013, 2:36 AM
Just traded a Bagon for a Tornadus over the GTS. Shocked to see it come in at lv. 100.

Characteristic:

Legit?

hack bagon can't learn hurricane and air slash as well as the master ball screams out hack the moves prove it as a hack...as well as it can't learn pransker that is one really bad hack 0_0

1quacka1
11th July 2013, 3:12 AM

Characteristic:

Legit?
looks fine

TalyJ
13th July 2013, 5:56 AM
This Celebi was on a second hand game I bought. I'm skeptical that it's real, but thought I'd check on the off-chance...

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname:
IDno: 30392
Shiny?: yes
EV's:
IV's:
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Strong willed
Ability: Natural cure
Moves: Future sight, Healing wish, Leaf storm, Perish song
Level Caught at:
Stats: attack 209 defense 214 sp att 212 sp def 235 speed 237
Location Caught: Cold Storage
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball

Kevin24
13th July 2013, 6:11 AM
hack, you can't catch celebi plus celebi can never be shiny

FairyWitch
13th July 2013, 7:11 AM
This Celebi was on a second hand game I bought. I'm skeptical that it's real, but thought I'd check on the off-chance...

Nickname:
IDno: 30392
EV's:
IV's:
Ability: Natural cure
Moves: Future sight, Healing wish, Leaf storm, Perish song
Level Caught at:
Stats: attack 209 defense 214 sp att 212 sp def 235 speed 237
Location Caught: Cold Storage
Pokeball Caught In: Dream Ball

now I always say i seen the worse but this is the worse hack ever like kevin said celebi is shiny locked can never be shiny as well as its in a dream world ball...that is obvious red flag as well as its screams out hack with its location...just everything show a horrible hack...I would dump it immediately...

LandorusTherian
13th July 2013, 8:02 AM
Can the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc Celebi be shiny? I hope so.

Kevin24
13th July 2013, 12:31 PM
no it cannot. it's be proven to skip shiny pids

dewey911p
13th July 2013, 1:41 PM

NO Celebi can be shiny. Ever.

Or, at least none to date I should say.

FairyWitch
13th July 2013, 8:16 PM

dear god no i can not that is another horrible hack if its shiny...the pid frame skips its shiny frame like dewy said NO IT CAN'T BE SHINY sadly...celebi is a shiny lock since it first appearance in 2nd generation gold,silver, and crystal version, which i should say to this date it stays green until gamefreak makes a decision to make event or something which they have not yet...

1quacka1
14th July 2013, 1:43 AM
no it cannot. it's be proven to skip shiny pids

techincally, it hasn't been 100% proven. The Jap bonus disk produces 2 kinds of Celebis, one that it is sent to the Colosseum save, and another 48 that are sent directly to GBA saves. We only know for sure that the one that is sent to Colo save can't be shiny, no one has been able to show that the same restriction applies to the GBA Celebis (due to not being able to connect to the GBA and the GC emulator, or something). A lot think that the 2 Celebi are produced in the same way, so it can't be shiny, but like I said it's not 100% proven yet.

rovert
14th July 2013, 2:05 PM
techincally, it hasn't been 100% proven. The Jap bonus disk produces 2 kinds of Celebis, one that it is sent to the Colosseum save, and another 48 that are sent directly to GBA saves. We only know for sure that the one that is sent to Colo save can't be shiny, no one has been able to show that the same restriction applies to the GBA Celebis (due to not being able to connect to the GBA and the GC emulator, or something). A lot think that the 2 Celebi are produced in the same way, so it can't be shiny, but like I said it's not 100% proven yet.

All I know is that depending on what forum you ask this question, you're probably going to be getting a differing answer. It's not 50/50, but there are a large number of people who are defending the shiny side while most people are defending the side where it cannot be shiny.

dewey911p
14th July 2013, 2:19 PM
All I know is that depending on what forum you ask this question, you're probably going to be getting a differing answer. It's not 50/50, but there are a large number of people who are defending the shiny side while most people are defending the side where it cannot be shiny.

Xfr, Kaphotics, Bondm, and Sabresite all seem to be pretty adamant that it cannot be shiny, spo adamant that they have posted the games coding along with a detailed explination of the process the game goes through. No gen 3 Celebi can be shiny. As further proof, https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=470141 https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=470139 Xfr RNGed a few. If they could be shiny, he would have them.

NOTE: By his own admission, those Celebi are not RNGed in the traditional sense because the game was forced to land on a desired seed. It was done to verify if this Celebi can be shiny or not, and RNGing on the gamecube is damn near impossible anyway.

Agonist
14th July 2013, 2:20 PM

It can't be shiny, it has been proven. If you're too ignorant to believe it, that's your own issue, but don't post stuff saying it's "unproven".

Edit: Goddammit Dewey. :<

1quacka1
14th July 2013, 3:10 PM
It can't be shiny, it has been proven. If you're too ignorant to believe it, that's your own issue, but don't post stuff saying it's "unproven".

Edit: Goddammit Dewey. :<

Source please? I got an answer from Kaphotics directly about this; http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?17978-PokeGC-A-Gamecube-Pokemon-Checking-Tool/page2 . Even Kaphotics own Sandbox (https://sites.google.com/site/kaphotics/resources) said it was only 99% proven. If that's changed recently and people have proven 100% that the 48 Celebi transferred directly to the GBA can't be shiny then please give me the source, otherwise don't call me ignorant.

ETA: But back on to the topic: that Celebi is sooooooooooooooo hacked. Dream ball? lol.

Hozu
14th July 2013, 7:57 PM
You are ignorant, because you're either blind to what he said at another time, or are just ignoring it completely. He said that if the GBA gift was different somehow, then why do the VAST majority of them all follow the GC method? Look through here (https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&tid=%40nigoli&ab=30) and see for yourself.

FairyWitch
14th July 2013, 8:15 PM
I agree with hozu,agonist, and dewey on this one i was about to post about that stupid post but i didn't want to cuaz i knew you guys would clear it up :p It defiently has been proven though celebi can't be shiny even with that bonus disc...I wouldn't argue with hozu,dewey, or agonist 1quacka1 cuaz they are very familar with the mechanics of the game and pretty much know everything.

1quacka1
14th July 2013, 8:51 PM
No one has actually refuted me yet. I'm arguing that there isn't 100% PROOF. Those Celebi that follow the GC method are only evidence that the GBA Celebi can't be shiny, but not proof (the only way this can be proof is if we had every single Celebi the bonus disk can produce). Even Kaphotics says it's only 99% proven. I'm not saying it can be shiny, I agree with the consensus that it probably can't, I'm just pointing out that this hasn't been completely proven.

FairyWitch
14th July 2013, 9:29 PM
No one has actually refuted me yet. I'm arguing that there isn't 100% PROOF. Those Celebi that follow the GC method are only evidence that the GBA Celebi can't be shiny, but not proof (the only way this can be proof is if we had every single Celebi the bonus disk can produce). Even Kaphotics says it's only 99% proven. I'm not saying it can be shiny, I agree with the consensus that it probably can't, I'm just pointing out that this hasn't been completely proven.

If you want to be completely ignorant of thinking that 99% is way different then 100% which really show that 1% doesn't mean anything really then so be it im not gunna sit here and argue over that you think a shiny celebi is possible is ridiculous...celebi can NEVER BE SHINY! get over it...I can't believe people like to agrue with people that know rnging mechanics around here i swear...If you don't want to listen to us just stop posting already...Im already done with this last post...im getting pissed off just reading...

Kaphotics
15th July 2013, 8:50 AM
can't be shiny; end of story.

the 99% thing was temporary and my 'sandbox' gets out of date quick

lokowoko
15th July 2013, 8:10 PM
Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: DEOXYS
OT: Xavier
OT Gender: male
IDno:39503
EV's: (if known) idk
IV's: (if known) idk
Nature: Brave
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Cosmic Power (PP:32) / Recover (PP:16) / Psycho boost (PP:8) / Hyper Beam (PP:8)
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at lv. 100 after a long travel through time. Fateful encounter.
Current Level:100
Stats: Hp:250 / Att:268 / Def:211 / Sp.A:228 / Sp.D:239 / Spe:328
Location Caught: Kanto
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: it's in speed form, has passive pokerus also has the sinnoh league ribbon. my uneducated guess is that it's an event from a pre-gen V game. i got it from the GTS since they was asking for any lvl, any gender Dunsparce <-that's whats making me suspicious. what do ya think?

SaltySoul
15th July 2013, 9:16 PM
Moves: Cosmic Power (PP:32) / Recover (PP:16) / Psycho boost (PP:8) / Hyper Beam (PP:8)
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at lv. 100 after a long travel through time. Fateful encounter.
Any other notes?: it's in speed form, has passive pokerus also has the sinnoh league ribbon. my uneducated guess is that it's an event from a pre-gen V game. i got it from the GTS since they was asking for any lvl, any gender Dunsparce <-that's whats making me suspicious. what do ya think?

Ehh... here's a quote some people say here: "A hacker can make even a hacked Pokémon look legit." Something like that. It seems to be an old event from 2004 or 2005 according to the event database. It does seem a little too good to be true, I can see that. Especially because it's shiny. If it can legitimately be shiny, someone correct me please. Otherwise it's more than likely hacked. Could also just be legal.
EDIT: It can be shiny. Still a bit too good to be true.

FairyWitch
15th July 2013, 9:42 PM

i have no experience with really old 3rd generation game mechanics so i can't help you with this one seems like the birth island deoxys but still it can be a hack...if hozu is on he could help you out...

Gampi
16th July 2013, 11:41 AM
Just a question, if you breed a hacked Pokémon, would the child be legitimate?
Also I have a Cherish Ball Volcarona that I obtained off the GTS on my Black cartridge, probably should go release that since Volcarona can't be caught in that type of ball.

dewey911p
16th July 2013, 12:47 PM
Just a question, if you breed a hacked Pokémon, would the child be legitimate?
Also I have a Cherish Ball Volcarona that I obtained off the GTS on my Black cartridge, probably should go release that since Volcarona can't be caught in that type of ball.

That really all comes down to personal definitions of where the boundary between legal and hacked pokemon is. If you are okay using hacked parents, go for it. Besides, unless you tell someone, or if there are illegal egg moves or an unreleased ability, no one will be able to tell. Personally, I'm fine with it, but I feel that hacking the pokemon just to breed them is a bit of a dick move and just lazy.

There was a Volcarona event in Korea that gave a Volcarona in a Cherish ball, but it also had a ribbon so you cannot get that pokemon via the GTS. Yours is hacked.

Gampi
16th July 2013, 1:04 PM
That really all comes down to personal definitions of where the boundary between legal and hacked pokemon is. If you are okay using hacked parents, go for it. Besides, unless you tell someone, or if there are illegal egg moves or an unreleased ability, no one will be able to tell. Personally, I'm fine with it, but I feel that hacking the pokemon just to breed them is a bit of a dick move and just lazy.

There was a Volcarona event in Korea that gave a Volcarona in a Cherish ball, but it also had a ribbon so you cannot get that pokemon via the GTS. Yours is hacked.
I don't hack my own Pokémon, I was just curious to know if having hacked parents = offspring will count as hacked. I've only ever used an Action Replay to obtain some event-exclusive items (such as Azure Flute) on Pearl and that's about it.

I obtained the hacked Volcarona before the Korea event and it's been released now. Also I have some Pokémon on Black which have the OT 'Alpha' and I'm pretty sure most of those are hacked, since one of them was a Shedinja with a bunch of OHKO moves. (my Black cart was pre-owned with a save file already on it, I mainly just use it for Pokéstorage)

1quacka1
16th July 2013, 4:21 PM

Nothing wrong with it. It's from an aurora ticket event in Fr/Lg, which allowed the player to catch Deoxys at Birth Island, so it can be shiny. Definitely suspicious though

Gampi
16th July 2013, 6:01 PM
Pokémon: Blaziken
Nickname: バシャーモ (Bursyamo)
OT: Some Japanese letters. I'm not that good at Japanese, sorry.
IDno: 64986
EV's: "It seems it can work a little harder."
IV's: "This Pokémon's potential is above average overall." High (not perfect) Defense IV.
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Good perseverance
Ability: Blaze
Moves:
-Slash
-Brave Bird
-Sky Uppercut
-Flare Blitz
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 100.
Stats:
- HP: 298/298
- Attack: 256
- Defense: 174
- Sp. Atk: 240
- Sp. Def: 156
- Speed: 171
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Master
Any other notes?: From the GTS. I'm certain the Hoenn starters can't be in Master Balls, and I'm pretty mad that I'm going to have to release this one since I traded a Milotic for it.

Also why doesn't the GTS reject Pokémon if they've been caught in Poké Balls they legitimately can't be caught with, since they are technically hacked? (exceptions can be made with Hall of Origin Arceus)

FairyWitch
16th July 2013, 6:14 PM
IV's: "This Pokémon's potential is above average overall." High (not perfect) Defense IV.
Moves:
-Slash
-Brave Bird
-Sky Uppercut
-Flare Blitz
Stats:
Any other notes?: From the GTS. I'm certain the Hoenn starters can't be in Master Balls, and I'm pretty mad that I'm going to have to release this one since I traded a Milotic for it.

Also why doesn't the GTS reject Pokémon if they've been caught in Poké Balls they legitimately can't be caught with, since they are technically hacked? (exceptions can be made with Hall of Origin Arceus)

the pokemon caught in a master ball which right there shows hack....here a tip though don't trade on the gts...its hack city there, trade with people you trust her on the fourms...

1quacka1
16th July 2013, 8:36 PM
Moves:
-Slash
-Brave Bird
-Sky Uppercut
-Flare Blitz
Stats:

Hacked. Blaziken can't be in a Master Ball unless its from Entree Forest, and this is from Sinnoh/caught at level a 100 so.....

Also, Hall of Origin Arceus isn't legit anyway, as the Azure Flute was never released. Arceus can be any ball however (apart from the apricorn/sport/safari balls), because it was released in the Dream World (and was distributed in Cherish balls). But yeah, the GTS could have a better check for hacks....

lokowoko
16th July 2013, 10:37 PM
the pokemon caught in a master ball which right there shows hack....here a tip though don't trade on the gts...its hack city there, trade with people you trust her on the fourms...

not everything on the gts is hacked...just the ones in master balls. also about 67% of the time i try to trade something through the forums they either: not to be heard from again or giving unbreedable pokemon witch kinda stops me from mesuda methoding/breeding to trade to others as i'm doing with my female eevees atm 31 females/80 males and counting

p.s i'm not trying to pick at it. just saying not everyone is giving hacks through gts...

Shine
17th July 2013, 8:09 AM
not everything on the gts is hacked...just the ones in master balls.

even things in Master Ball can be legitimate too. Kanto Legendary Beasts for example, many people just Master Ball them (especially Entei and Raikou, due to the Roar glitch)

......or if someone found a Shiny Abra in the wild, that one is a prime Master Ball target :p

But yeah....there are a lot of hacks on the GTS.

Sobe0047
17th July 2013, 4:03 PM
I received 2 pokes the other day...
The pokes are legit but 1 was HOLDING a Cherish Ball...
My question. Can I have such a thing??
Would it void any poke I caught if I used the Cherish ball? (Though I doubt I will)

Ben6239
17th July 2013, 4:07 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the cerish ball would throw up a red flag on somewhere like pokecheck. Also, the only way to get a cherish ball like that would be to use an action replay or something like that.

Sobe0047
17th July 2013, 4:08 PM
Murr and Murr...
Eh.. *Toss :P
Thank You ^,^

lokowoko
17th July 2013, 6:47 PM
even things in Master Ball can be legitimate too. Kanto Legendary Beasts for example, many people just Master Ball them (especially Entei and Raikou, due to the Roar glitch)

......or if someone found a Shiny Abra in the wild, that one is a prime Master Ball target :p

But yeah....there are a lot of hacks on the GTS.

it's just a precaution i take cause people that use action replay to get shinies also use it to get 99 (or more) masterballs to catch them with

Boy Blunder
18th July 2013, 12:25 AM
Hello, brand new to the forums and looking for some help; I'm preparing to transfer a bunch of my pokemon from my older games to Black 2, and I'm currently going through my copy of Diamond to see what I have. I got a number of Pokemon traded to me from friends, either hard to find ones or personal requests (one friend was a consummate Ditto Breeder and gave me a full set of all the previous generation starters). However, I think that another friend hacked a number of Pokemon to give to me, or got hacks off of the GTS and gave them to me. Below are the stats of the suspicious 'mons in question. Can anyone help me avoid trading the wrong things and slagging my game? Thanks!

(Also, my sincerest apologies for the lengthy list here, just covering all bases to make sure!)

Spiritomb – Edmund – Normal Pokeball – ID 14627 – Hatched on Route 210 – Lv. 49 – HP 121/Atk 114/Def 116/Sp. Atk 112/Sp. Def 126/Spd 64 – Ability: Pressure – Psychic/Dark Pulse/Faint Attack/Shadow Sneak

Proygon-Z – Edmund – Master Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 210 (Lv. 40) – Lv. 40 – HP 124/Atk 75/Def 67/Sp. Atk 124/Sp. Def 66/Spd 89 – Ability: Adaptability – Magnet Rise/Signal Beam/Embargo/Discharge

Moltres – Aoexys – Ultra Pokeball – ID 10970 – Kanto – Lv. 50 – HP 165/Atk 110/Def 121/Sp. Atk 120/Sp. Def 103/Spd 106 – Ability: Pressure – Fire Spin/Agility/Endure/Flamethrower

Articuno – Kyle – Ultra Pokeball – ID 64540 – Kanto – Lv. 50 – HP 162/Atk 96/Def 105/Sp. Atk 113/Sp. Def 135/Spd 101 – Ability: Pressure – Mist/Agility/Mind Reader/Ice Beam

Frosslass (Shiny) – Edmund – Master Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 210 (Lv. 10) – Lv. 50 – HP 142/Atk 95/Def 93/Sp. Atk 95/Sp. Def 78/Spd 138 – Ability: Snow Cloak – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Wake-Up Slap/Bite

Absol (Shiny) – Edmund – Great Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 203 (Lv. 10) – Lv. 10 – HP 34/Atk 32/Def 17/Sp. Atk 22/Sp. Def 19/Spd 20 – Ability: Super Luck – Scratch/Leer/Taunt

Garchomp – Edmund – Normal Pokeball – ID 14627 – Hatched in Solaceon Town – Lv. 50 – HP 183/Atk 146/Def 120/Sp. Atk 90/Sp. Def 96/Spd 135 – Ability: Sand Veil – Strength/Brick Break/Dragon Claw/Crunch

Dragonite –さいきょう (Saikyou) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 01158 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 155/Atk 149/Def 90/Sp. Atk 123/Sp. Def 110/Spd 100 – Ability: Inner Focus – Draco Meteor/Thunderbolt/Outrage/Dragon Dance

Absol – Bakainu – Master Pokeball – ID 58933 – Kanto (Lv. 4) – Lv. 52 – HP 140/Atk 152/Def 75/Sp. Atk 104/Sp. Def 76/Spd 108 – Ability: Pressure – Night Slash/Rock Smash/Cut/Bite

Celebi – 10 ANIV – Normal Pokeball – ID 00010 – Hoenn (Lv. 70) – Lv. 70 – HP 243/Atk 168/Def 151/Sp. Atk 168/Sp. Def 168/Spd 184 – Ability: Natural Cure – Shadow Ball/Psychic/Perish Song/Shock Wave – SINNOH CHAMP RIBBON

Gallade (Shiny) – Edmund – Master Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 210 (Lv. 10) – Lv. 54 – HP 154/Atk 185/Def 92/Sp. Atk 85/Sp. Def 138/Spd 104 – Ability: Steadfast – Leaf Blade/Night Slash/Psycho Cut/Slash

Zapdos – Aoexys – Ultra Pokeball – ID 10970 – Kanto – Lv. 50 – HP 157/Atk 96/Def 91/Sp. Atk 136/Sp. Def 103/Spd 113 – Ability: Pressure – Thunder Wave/Agility/Detect/Drill Peck

Regigigas – テンイむら (Tesoimuchi) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 100) – Lv. 100 – HP 337/Atk 356/Def 239/Sp. Atk 178/Sp. Def 214/Spd 235 – Ability: Slow Start – Iron Head/Rock Slide/Icy Wind/Crush Grip

Regigigas (Shiny) – テンイむら (Tesoimuchi) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 100) – Lv. 100 – HP 361/Atk 347/Def 255/Sp. Atk 174/Sp. Def 231/Spd 215 – Ability: Slow Start – Iron Head/Rock Slide/Icy Wind/Crush Grip

Flygon – ばば (Baba) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07018 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 147/Atk 116/Def 94/Sp. Atk 92/Sp. Def 81/Spd 132 – Ability: Levitate – Draco Meteor/U-turn/Earthquake/Dragon Claw

Shaymin (Shiny) – えいがかん (Eigakan) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 162/Atk 116/Def 102/Sp. Atk 120/Sp. Def 115/Spd 110 – Ability: Natrual Cure – Seed Flare/Substitute/Energy Ball/Aromatherapy – CLASSIC RIBBON

Shaymin – えいがかん (Eigakan) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 161/Atk 113/Def 96/Sp. Atk 123/Sp. Def 108/Spd 108 – Ability: Natrual Cure – Seed Flare/Substitute/Energy Ball/Aromatherapy – CLASSIC RIBBON

varanus_komodoensis
18th July 2013, 1:22 AM
Hello, brand new to the forums and looking for some help; I'm preparing to transfer a bunch of my pokemon from my older games to Black 2, and I'm currently going through my copy of Diamond to see what I have. I got a number of Pokemon traded to me from friends, either hard to find ones or personal requests (one friend was a consummate Ditto Breeder and gave me a full set of all the previous generation starters). However, I think that another friend hacked a number of Pokemon to give to me, or got hacks off of the GTS and gave them to me. Below are the stats of the suspicious 'mons in question. Can anyone help me avoid trading the wrong things and slagging my game? Thanks!

(Also, my sincerest apologies for the lengthy list here, just covering all bases to make sure!)

Spiritomb – Edmund – Normal Pokeball – ID 14627 – Hatched on Route 210 – Lv. 49 – HP 121/Atk 114/Def 116/Sp. Atk 112/Sp. Def 126/Spd 64 – Ability: Pressure – Psychic/Dark Pulse/Faint Attack/Shadow Sneak

Proygon-Z – Edmund – Master Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 210 (Lv. 40) – Lv. 40 – HP 124/Atk 75/Def 67/Sp. Atk 124/Sp. Def 66/Spd 89 – Ability: Adaptability – Magnet Rise/Signal Beam/Embargo/Discharge

Moltres – Aoexys – Ultra Pokeball – ID 10970 – Kanto – Lv. 50 – HP 165/Atk 110/Def 121/Sp. Atk 120/Sp. Def 103/Spd 106 – Ability: Pressure – Fire Spin/Agility/Endure/Flamethrower

Articuno – Kyle – Ultra Pokeball – ID 64540 – Kanto – Lv. 50 – HP 162/Atk 96/Def 105/Sp. Atk 113/Sp. Def 135/Spd 101 – Ability: Pressure – Mist/Agility/Mind Reader/Ice Beam

Frosslass (Shiny) – Edmund – Master Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 210 (Lv. 10) – Lv. 50 – HP 142/Atk 95/Def 93/Sp. Atk 95/Sp. Def 78/Spd 138 – Ability: Snow Cloak – Ice Shard/Icy Wind/Wake-Up Slap/Bite

Absol (Shiny) – Edmund – Great Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 203 (Lv. 10) – Lv. 10 – HP 34/Atk 32/Def 17/Sp. Atk 22/Sp. Def 19/Spd 20 – Ability: Super Luck – Scratch/Leer/Taunt

Garchomp – Edmund – Normal Pokeball – ID 14627 – Hatched in Solaceon Town – Lv. 50 – HP 183/Atk 146/Def 120/Sp. Atk 90/Sp. Def 96/Spd 135 – Ability: Sand Veil – Strength/Brick Break/Dragon Claw/Crunch

Dragonite –さいきょう (Saikyou) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 01158 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 155/Atk 149/Def 90/Sp. Atk 123/Sp. Def 110/Spd 100 – Ability: Inner Focus – Draco Meteor/Thunderbolt/Outrage/Dragon Dance

Absol – Bakainu – Master Pokeball – ID 58933 – Kanto (Lv. 4) – Lv. 52 – HP 140/Atk 152/Def 75/Sp. Atk 104/Sp. Def 76/Spd 108 – Ability: Pressure – Night Slash/Rock Smash/Cut/Bite

Celebi – 10 ANIV – Normal Pokeball – ID 00010 – Hoenn (Lv. 70) – Lv. 70 – HP 243/Atk 168/Def 151/Sp. Atk 168/Sp. Def 168/Spd 184 – Ability: Natural Cure – Shadow Ball/Psychic/Perish Song/Shock Wave – SINNOH CHAMP RIBBON

Gallade (Shiny) – Edmund – Master Pokeball – ID 48656 – Met at Route 210 (Lv. 10) – Lv. 54 – HP 154/Atk 185/Def 92/Sp. Atk 85/Sp. Def 138/Spd 104 – Ability: Steadfast – Leaf Blade/Night Slash/Psycho Cut/Slash

Zapdos – Aoexys – Ultra Pokeball – ID 10970 – Kanto – Lv. 50 – HP 157/Atk 96/Def 91/Sp. Atk 136/Sp. Def 103/Spd 113 – Ability: Pressure – Thunder Wave/Agility/Detect/Drill Peck

Regigigas – テンイむら (Tesoimuchi) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 100) – Lv. 100 – HP 337/Atk 356/Def 239/Sp. Atk 178/Sp. Def 214/Spd 235 – Ability: Slow Start – Iron Head/Rock Slide/Icy Wind/Crush Grip

Regigigas (Shiny) – テンイむら (Tesoimuchi) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 100) – Lv. 100 – HP 361/Atk 347/Def 255/Sp. Atk 174/Sp. Def 231/Spd 215 – Ability: Slow Start – Iron Head/Rock Slide/Icy Wind/Crush Grip

Flygon – ばば (Baba) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07018 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 147/Atk 116/Def 94/Sp. Atk 92/Sp. Def 81/Spd 132 – Ability: Levitate – Draco Meteor/U-turn/Earthquake/Dragon Claw

Shaymin (Shiny) – えいがかん (Eigakan) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 162/Atk 116/Def 102/Sp. Atk 120/Sp. Def 115/Spd 110 – Ability: Natrual Cure – Seed Flare/Substitute/Energy Ball/Aromatherapy – CLASSIC RIBBON

Shaymin – えいがかん (Eigakan) – Cherish Pokeball – ID 07198 – Fateful Encounter (Lv. 50) – Lv. 50 – HP 161/Atk 113/Def 96/Sp. Atk 123/Sp. Def 108/Spd 108 – Ability: Natrual Cure – Seed Flare/Substitute/Energy Ball/Aromatherapy – CLASSIC RIBBON

Porygon Z, Frosslass, both Absols, Dragonite, Gallade, Regigigas, Flygon, and both Shaymins are hacks.

The Dragonite looks similar to the November 2008 Toys R Us Dragonite, but the ID on that one was 11088, not 01158.

The other Pokemon look legit to me, but I could be overlooking something. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that Celebi you've got is a legit 10 ANIV Celebi. I'd hang on to that; it's pretty rare and worth something.

Boy Blunder
18th July 2013, 1:29 AM
Porygon Z, Frosslass, both Absols, Dragonite, Gallade, Regigigas, Flygon, and both Shaymins are hacks.

The Dragonite looks similar to the November 2008 Toys R Us Dragonite, but the ID on that one was 11088, not 01158.

The other Pokemon look legit to me, but I could be overlooking something. Also, if I'm not mistaken, that Celebi you've got is a legit 10 ANIV Celebi. I'd hang on to that; it's pretty rare and worth something.

Both Regigigas, or just the normal one?

I figured the Shiny ones were hacked; still a bummer. Those were some of my favorites. Good to know that the Legendary Birds may be legit.

Also, I was not aware about that with the Celebi. No idea which friend gave me that.

varanus_komodoensis
18th July 2013, 2:19 AM
Both Regigigas, or just the normal one?

I figured the Shiny ones were hacked; still a bummer. Those were some of my favorites. Good to know that the Legendary Birds may be legit.

Also, I was not aware about that with the Celebi. No idea which friend gave me that.

Both of the Regigigas are hacked. They have the wrong ID numbers to be in a Cherish Ball. Sorry :(

FairyWitch
18th July 2013, 4:14 AM
not everything on the gts is hacked...just the ones in master balls. also about 67% of the time i try to trade something through the forums they either: not to be heard from again or giving unbreedable pokemon witch kinda stops me from mesuda methoding/breeding to trade to others as i'm doing with my female eevees atm 31 females/80 males and counting

p.s i'm not trying to pick at it. just saying not everyone is giving hacks through gts...

take a chill i didn't say everything is hack there but i would say mostly 80% of the gts is full of hacks which i think there is no point to use the gts really, I stop using it after i just obtained to much hacks which is annoying...as well as i know that everything in masterballs are not always hacks lol i catch alot of my statationary rngs in them XD they can be hacks though depding other things...balls don't really mean much unless there event pokemon or hard to get ones...i was saying i would stay away from the gts if i were you just a advice you don't have to listen to me...geez...last time i helping you...

Boy Blunder
18th July 2013, 4:17 AM
Both of the Regigigas are hacked. They have the wrong ID numbers to be in a Cherish Ball. Sorry :(

Ahhh, no reason to be sorry! I figured they were, so I was already prepared for that inevitability.

FairyWitch
18th July 2013, 4:25 AM
Ahhh, no reason to be sorry! I figured they were, so I was already prepared for that inevitability.

events have a special id to know if there legal or not as well as if they are shiny or not which all events can't be shiny unless the event lets it be which its like the suicune,raikou, and entei event for heargold and soulsilver...

Boy Blunder
18th July 2013, 5:36 AM
events have a special id to know if there legal or not as well as if they are shiny or not which all events can't be shiny unless the event lets it be which its like the suicune,raikou, and entei event for heargold and soulsilver...

Makes sense. I'm just not very good with Google-fu, so I wasn't able to figure all this out on my own.

So, the Spiritomb, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Garchomp, and Celebi all seem legit? And the Dragonite is... up in the air, I guess?

1quacka1
18th July 2013, 1:18 PM

Japanese events have different IDs, the Dragonite, non-shiny Regigigas/Shaymin are all here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distribu tions_in_Generation_IV

I agree with the other Pokémon you called out though.

Gampi
18th July 2013, 1:29 PM
Japanese events have different IDs, the Dragonite, non-shiny Regigigas/Shaymin are all here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distribu tions_in_Generation_IV

Also, the Kanto Absol could have been hatched as an egg in Fr/Lg.

In the original post, it says the Kanto Absol was caught in a Master Ball. Hatched Pokémon can never be in anything other than a Poké Ball, so the Kanto Absol is a hack.

1quacka1
18th July 2013, 1:37 PM
In the original post, it says the Kanto Absol was caught in a Master Ball. Hatched Pokémon can never be in anything other than a Poké Ball, so the Kanto Absol is a hack.

ahhh yes, didn't spot that (obviously)

Boy Blunder
18th July 2013, 6:10 PM

Dang, released the Shaymin and Regigigas too early then, didn't I? XD;

Ah well, still have the Dragonite I can transfer. So everything else is legit then? (Sorry I keep asking, I just don't want to ruin my game by mistake)

lokowoko
18th July 2013, 6:26 PM
take a chill i didn't say everything is hack there but i would say mostly 80% of the gts is full of hacks which i think there is no point to use the gts really, I stop using it after i just obtained to much hacks which is annoying...as well as i know that everything in masterballs are not always hacks lol i catch alot of my statationary rngs in them XD they can be hacks though depding other things...balls don't really mean much unless there event pokemon or hard to get ones...i was saying i would stay away from the gts if i were you just a advice you don't have to listen to me...geez...last time i helping you...

i wasn't having a go at you, the master ball thing is my precaution i take to minimize the chances of getting a hack since most hacks i've ever gotten were in masterballs, and like i said i wasn't picking at you i was just saying not everything was a hack in the gts as your post was suggesting

varanus_komodoensis
18th July 2013, 7:39 PM

Oh, nice! I didn't know about those. I should've been more diligent; I assumed all of these Pokemon were English because it didn't say otherwise. I'm glad you caught that!

Boy Blunder
18th July 2013, 9:17 PM
Dang... I guess I released the Shaymin and Regigigas too early then... ah well! Still got Dragonite in the box.

So he's legit, as well as the Legendary birds, the Celebi, and the non-Shiny Pokemon I mentioned? I just want to be extra-certain so I don't screw up my game...

varanus_komodoensis
18th July 2013, 9:55 PM
Dang... I guess I released the Shaymin and Regigigas too early then... ah well! Still got Dragonite in the box.

So he's legit, as well as the Legendary birds, the Celebi, and the non-Shiny Pokemon I mentioned? I just want to be extra-certain so I don't screw up my game...

Dragonite and Celebi are both legit, and it looks like the legendary birds are as well. I'm so sorry about the Shaymin!!! That would have been a nice Pokemon to have.

Agonist
18th July 2013, 11:00 PM
They're legal. There is no way to guarantee legitimacy, short of getting it yourself (or recording yourself getting it).

Boy Blunder
18th July 2013, 11:32 PM
Oh, I don't care about legality; I don't compete in tournaments.

I just care about it messing up my actual game save.

QuoteMissy
19th July 2013, 12:44 AM

I just care about it messing up my actual game save.

Hacked pokemon will not mess up your game, there are pokemon that are so outrageously hacked that they cannot be parsed/viewed, but those are VERY rare and even Nintendo's cruddy hack check filters block them.

Boy Blunder
19th July 2013, 1:07 AM
Hacked pokemon will not mess up your game, there are pokemon that are so outrageously hacked that they cannot be parsed/viewed, but those are VERY rare and even Nintendo's cruddy hack check filters block them.

Wow, really? So I'm stressing myself over nothing?

dewey911p
19th July 2013, 2:47 AM
Wow, really? So I'm stressing myself over nothing?

Pretty much. Occasionally, some jackass who doesn't know how to handle an AR or really sucks with using pokegen will get themselves a bad egg, but that is on them. As long as you don't hack anything yourself, your save file will be fine. Even if you have hacked pokemon, the game will not self destruct, nothing will happen really, unless you go to a tournament, but you said you don't, so you really have nothing to worry about.

Of course, if you plan to trade these pokemon around, then you need to make sure you don't intentionally trade hacks because you can be banned from the forums, but in terms of your personal game, nothing will happen.

Agonist
19th July 2013, 4:00 AM

Then why the hell are you posting in this thread?

Boy Blunder
19th July 2013, 4:23 AM
Then why the hell are you posting in this thread?

...beeeeeeecause I was searching for a source to help me find out if I had hacked Pokemon, and this was the most informative source?

And it was very helpful for the problem I was having?

Did I do something wrong?

Charze
19th July 2013, 5:00 AM
...beeeeeeecause I was searching for a source to help me find out if I had hacked Pokemon, and this was the most informative source?

And it was very helpful for the problem I was having?

Did I do something wrong?

Seems pretty legit to me.

The main purpose of this forum is to make sure that hacked Pokémon aren't on the game file for tournament checks, but I would suppose it's also a good place to find out about them for curiosity sake..

FairyWitch
19th July 2013, 6:04 AM
why does people keep saying stuff is legit...nothing is legit unless you catch it or breed it yourself end of story -_- legal is the term for hack checking...also yes hacked pokemon can mess up your game bad...

1quacka1
19th July 2013, 12:48 PM
The guy clearly doesn't know the difference between "legal" and "legit", rather than just confusing him, why not just tell him the difference?

Legit - Pokémon was acquired by official means (in-game/event/side-game) without any use of hacks/cheating

Legal - Pokémon could have been acquired by official means (in-game/event/side-game) without any use of hacks/cheating, but wasn't necessarily

So all legit pokémon are legal but not all legal pokémon are legit

So "legitness" is a lot harder to determine that legalilty. The only way to know for sure a pokémon is legit is to see the being aquired for yourself. The only thing we can do in this thread is tell you whether or not a Pokémon is illegal (and therefore definitely hacked), we can't tell you if a Pokémon is legit

QuoteMissy
19th July 2013, 4:04 PM
why does people keep saying stuff is legit...nothing is legit unless you catch it or breed it yourself end of story -_- legal is the term for hack checking...also yes hacked pokemon can mess up your game bad...

Hacking pokemon yourself can cause some damage/produce bad eggs, simply having hacked pokemon doesn't.

Boy Blunder
19th July 2013, 8:06 PM
Thank you all for the information you've given me.

I remembered from some time ago that a friend had a list of ID Numbers that were "obvious" signs of hacking, so that's why I was curious to find out. But if I'm reading this correctly, since the Pokemon were traded to me, and not created by me, then that means that, hacked or not, they won't screw up my game save. Is that right?

As for the whole 'legality' thing, if I were to compete, I would make certain that I only used Pokemon that I had caught and raised myself. More of a pride thing than to make sure that they were legally acceptable, right? :D

Anyway, thank you all for the help, and I'm sorry if I was posting in the wrong forum/thread, but you all seriously helped me out! Thanks again!

Agonist
19th July 2013, 9:01 PM
There are no obvious ID numbers associated with hacking anymore, bar the obvious IDs that are higher than 65535, since any combination of numbers between and including 0-65535 is possible.

... what?

Any Pokemon caught without any external modifications is legitimate.

1quacka1
20th July 2013, 2:15 AM
I have an arceus which seems to match the details given out for the Japanese movie except for the name and nickname which is arceus in English but the ot is Japanese. the date received is January 25 2013. is this legit?

No. If it's Japanese event, it'd have a Japanese nickname

dewey911p
20th July 2013, 11:01 AM
darkrai met and caught at lv40 with masterball and ot is the person who traded me, legit? person who traded me says he/she received through poke transfer.

There is a form on the first page in the OP for a reason you know.

That notwithstanding, there have been no Darkrai distributed at lvl 40 as far as I can recall, so it's hacked.

Gampi
20th July 2013, 11:37 AM
There is a form on the first page in the OP for a reason you know.

That notwithstanding, there have been no Darkrai distributed at lvl 40 as far as I can recall, so it's hacked.
The Newmoon Island Darkrai from Diamond and Pearl can be level 40, but the Member Card was only distributed to Platinum. I'm not sure if DP Newmoon Darkrai/non-fateful Flower Paradise Shaymin count as legit though.

Sobe0047
20th July 2013, 12:40 PM
Poke- JIRACHI
Nickname- NONE
OT- WISHMKR
ID No.- 20043
Shiny? Yes
Ribbons- None
Moves- Wish, Confusion, Rest
IV's- 1/20/29/29/3/25
Report- Everything's Green and fine except for the Huge "UNKNOWN GBA PID"
Notes- None except that I'm gonna cry...

dewey911p
20th July 2013, 12:43 PM
The Newmoon Island Darkrai from Diamond and Pearl can be level 40, but the Member Card was only distributed to Platinum. I'm not sure if DP Newmoon Darkrai/non-fateful Flower Paradise Shaymin count as legit though.

Glitchmons are not considered legal, not for purposes of trading on the forums and not for official competitions.

Poke- JIRACHI
Nickname- NONE
OT- WISHMKR
ID No.- 20043
Shiny? Yes
Ribbons- None
Moves- Wish, Confusion, Rest
IV's- 1/20/29/29/3/25
Report- Everything Green and fine except for the Huge "UNKNOWN GBA PID"
Notes- None except that I'm gonna cry...

WISHMKR Jirachi has a known and well established generation method, Unknown GBA PID means it is definitely hacked.

Sobe0047
20th July 2013, 12:45 PM
glitchmons are not considered legal, not for purposes of trading on the forums and not for official competitions.

Wishmkr jirachi has a known and well established generation method, unknown gba pid means it is definitely hacked.

muuuuur!
Delete with all of my might!!!11! T_T#

FairyWitch
20th July 2013, 8:17 PM

shaymin was distributed in all three games but its at lv. 30 so its only legal if it matches up but its hard to tell now these days since that release has been released...as for darkrai glitched darkrai's don't count...platinum is the only way to get it if you had that distribute item....

Too Funk to Druck
21st July 2013, 1:59 AM
shaymin was distributed in all three games but its at lv. 30 so its only legal if it matches up but its hard to tell now these days since that release has been released...as for darkrai glitched darkrai's don't count...platinum is the only way to get it if you had that distribute item....

It wasn't distributed in all three games, as far as event items go. Only Platinum because that's the one with Fateful Encounter, allowing people to get Sky Forme Shaymin.

Heartless Bowser
21st July 2013, 8:44 PM
I got a few shinies off the GTS and wonder if any of them are legit.

Eevee
OT: JOHN
IDno: 09133
EV's: /
IV's: /
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Run Away
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand Attack
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 10
Stats: 19 / 14 / 14 / 21 / 16
Location Caught: Hoenn
Egg?: Unknown, I suspect it being hatched somewhere in Hoenn.
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Since I transferred this Eevee from my Diamond game to Black 2 I can't check what level it originally was.

Mighyena
OT: ADAM
IDno: 26258
Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite
Level Caught at: Arrived at level 37 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
Current Level: 38
Stats: 84 / 55 / 58 / 53 / 67
Egg?: Unknown
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?: Japanese, Has Pokerus.

Lucario
OT: LOCKERZ
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 58067
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Extremespeed
Level Caught at: Arrived at level 51 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
Current Level: 51
Stats: 136 / 96 / 168 / 104 / 115
Any other notes?: Had Pokerus.

Too Funk to Druck
21st July 2013, 9:01 PM
I got a few shinies off the GTS and wonder if any of them are legit.

Eevee
OT: JOHN
IDno: 09133
Ability: Run Away
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand Attack
Level Caught at: 10
Current Level: 10
Stats: 19 / 14 / 14 / 21 / 16
Egg?: Unknown, I suspect it being hatched somewhere in Hoenn.
Any other notes?: Since I transferred this Eevee from my Diamond game to Black 2 I can't check what level it originally was.

Mighyena
OT: ADAM
IDno: 26258
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite
Level Caught at: Arrived at level 37 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
Current Level: 38
Stats: 84 / 55 / 58 / 53 / 67
Egg?: Unknown
Any other notes?: Japanese, Has Pokerus.

Lucario
OT: LOCKERZ
IDno: 58067
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Extremespeed
Level Caught at: Arrived at level 51 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
Current Level: 51
Stats: 136 / 96 / 168 / 104 / 115
Any other notes?: Had Pokerus.

Not quite sure about the first two (don't see anything particularly wrong with them, but I'm not sure), but Lucario is definitely hacked.

FairyWitch
21st July 2013, 9:02 PM
It wasn't distributed in all three games, as far as event items go. Only Platinum because that's the one with Fateful Encounter, allowing people to get Sky Forme Shaymin.

why does bulbpedia say it >.> i thought you get the oak letter distribute? i got it in my platinum version....

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Oak's_Letter#Distribution

Too Funk to Druck
21st July 2013, 9:03 PM
why does bulpdepdia say it >.> i thought you get the oak letter distribute? i got it in my platinum version....

You can only legitimately get it in Platinum, though it's in all three games.

FairyWitch
21st July 2013, 9:05 PM
You can only legitimately get it in Platinum, though it's in all three games.

that is what im saying you can get shaymin legally by using the oak letter distribute...

also here you go

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flower_Paradise#Pok.C3.A9mon

it shows all three games but i do recall i thought it was only platnium...which makes me confused...

edit wait if you read above on the thing there it is on the first link i gave about the oak letter its only platium my bad...i hate how bulbpedia confuses me to death...so yes only platinum is legal...

Too Funk to Druck
21st July 2013, 9:17 PM
that is what im saying you can get shaymin legally by using the oak letter distribute...

Your first post said that it was available in all three games. And I said, while it exists in all three games, it was only released in Platinum. Only Shaymin from Platinum have the fateful encounter flags, making ones without it not legal. I'm not sure what your confusion is.

FairyWitch
21st July 2013, 9:20 PM
Your first post said that it was available in all three games. And I said, while it exists in all three games, it was only released in Platinum. Only Shaymin from Platinum have the fateful encounter flags, making ones without it not legal. I'm not sure what your confusion is.

mostly bulbpedia's layout they didn't organize the layout correctly so i got confused...its fine though i fixed my post up there ^

Mays
22nd July 2013, 2:53 PM
Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: It's in Japanese
OT: Japanese.
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Well it's Mew.
IDno: 50716
EV's: (if known) No idea what that is.
IV's: (if known) No idea what that is.
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Psychic, Baton Pass.
Level Caught at: Arrived a lvl 10
Current Level: I leveled it to 87
Stats: Attack: 207, defense 196, sp. atk 212, sp. def 185, speed 212.
Location Caught: After a long travel through time, Hoenn.
Egg?: wut?
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball.
Any other notes?: Was caught 10/7,2010.

SaltySoul
22nd July 2013, 5:36 PM
The event for dis thingy seems to be the Old Sea Chart/Map (IDK which) which IIRC was in Japan only. Looks well... I just don't know.
Ah. According to Bulbapedia, it should be the Hadō Mew. The OT's name should be aura in japanese, and yadda yadda yadda.
Also, what color is the OT's name? Not like it matters. Also, it is obtained by a distribution. So this should be legal. Although honestly, I'd say legit. But the "experts" say legal. I don't see a problem.

Mays
22nd July 2013, 7:01 PM
The event for dis thingy seems to be the Old Sea Chart/Map (IDK which) which IIRC was in Japan only. Looks well... I just don't know.
Ah. According to Bulbapedia, it should be the Hadō Mew. The OT's name should be aura in japanese, and yadda yadda yadda.
Also, what color is the OT's name? Not like it matters. Also, it is obtained by a distribution. So this should be legal. Although honestly, I'd say legit. But the "experts" say legal. I don't see a problem.

ハドウ is its name I think

varanus_komodoensis
22nd July 2013, 7:20 PM

If the OT looks like this: ハドウ, then this Mew has the ID Number and matches up to everything with the Hado Mew, except for one thing. The Hado Mew was distributed from 6/2005 to 8/2005. This Mew was caught on 10/7/2010. It is possible, I suppose, that someone didn't collect the Mew from the game for five years, but that seems unlikely to me. So either someone didn't collect it for five years and it's legit, or it's a really really good hack.

Mays
22nd July 2013, 7:36 PM
If the OT looks like this: ハドウ, then this Mew has the ID Number and matches up to everything with the Hado Mew, except for one thing. The Hado Mew was distributed from 6/2005 to 8/2005. This Mew was caught on 10/7/2010. It is possible, I suppose, that someone didn't collect the Mew from the game for five years, but that seems unlikely to me. So either someone didn't collect it for five years and it's legit, or it's a really really good hack.

yeah, it has that name.
I didn't think the date mattered?

QuoteMissy
22nd July 2013, 10:03 PM

The caught date becomes the received date upon Poketransfer. It's original owner likely just didn't transfer it for five years.
So the date doesn't really matter.

Mays
22nd July 2013, 10:08 PM
So judging by that ^ is it legit?

varanus_komodoensis
22nd July 2013, 10:37 PM
The caught date becomes the received date upon Poketransfer. It's original owner likely just didn't transfer it for five years.
So the date doesn't really matter.

Oh, okay. I didn't realize that the date changed after a Poke Transfer.

So judging by that ^ is it legit?

Looks legit, then! That's a nice Mew you've got!

Mays
22nd July 2013, 10:40 PM
Oh, okay. I didn't realize that the date changed after a Poke Transfer.

Looks legit, then! That's a nice Mew you've got!

pokemon-amie with Mew in X and Y x_x

P1anet Fun
23rd July 2013, 4:08 AM
Nobody would trade a legit shiny, so every shiny (especially Legendaries) on the GTS are guaranteed hacked.

Too Funk to Druck
23rd July 2013, 4:48 AM

The "experts" say legal instead of legit because they know that unless you caught/received the Pokemon yourself, or unless you watched someone catch/receive a Pokemon themselves, you don't know if it's actually legitimate or just hacked really well. Especially since this thread solely looks at surface things, and not, y'know any of the other things that can show whether a Pokemon is hacked or not.

Nobody would trade a legit shiny, so every shiny (especially Legendaries) on the GTS are guaranteed hacked.

Yes. Literally no one has ever traded a legitimate shiny. Ever.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2013, 9:44 AM
Funk is correct legal is always what we call it these days never legit unless we catch/hatch it ourselves...please understand that everyone...as for the old sea chart map there is alot of hacks going around for that certian old event...i highly doubt that mew is legal...just my suspicions do to someone traded me a hack shiny one which they made look perfectly legal too...only one i would trust is the eppie mew and hence that is why i don't use the gts p1ant fun most of the gts is full of hacks its a 20 to 10% ratio of it being legal...there are some people that give out legal shinies but it is extremely, i mean extremely rare now these days...

dewey911p
23rd July 2013, 11:22 AM

I-what?

First of all, you are placing way to much emphasis on a mere alternate color scheme. Shiny pokemon are nothing but a novelty, they have no real value outside of the uniqueness of them. Second, with the advent of RNGing, the ease of access to requisite tools, and the ease of the activity, shiny pokemon are a dime a dozen. Third, IVs >>>>>>> different colors, so it is a lot easier to find a shiny pokemon on the GTS that is legal than a flawless one. Fourth, some people, like myself, will often give away RNGed flawless shiny pokemon on the GTS just out of altruism, just to be a nice guy. Finally, with sites like pokecheck allowing for the easy download of public pokemon, many people just download from there and trade around.

In short, your statement makes no sense.

Mays
23rd July 2013, 3:08 PM
Oh so it's most likely hacked..

Oh well. Might as well keep it as it could be legit.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2013, 9:40 PM
Oh so it's most likely hacked..

Oh well. Might as well keep it as it could be legit.

as long as you keep it to for yourself that is fine...yeah it may be hacked but there is a slim possibilty it could be legal and also please stop saying legit though please you didn't catch it yourself so your not sure the correct term is it possibly could be legal...

Mays
23rd July 2013, 10:21 PM
as long as you keep it to for yourself that is fine...yeah it may be hacked but there is a slim possibilty it could be legal and also please stop saying legit though please you didn't catch it yourself so your not sure the correct term is it possibly could be legal...

legit and legal mean the same thing.

P1anet Fun
23rd July 2013, 10:25 PM
I-what?

First of all, you are placing way to much emphasis on a mere alternate color scheme. Shiny pokemon are nothing but a novelty, they have no real value outside of the uniqueness of them. Second, with the advent of RNGing, the ease of access to requisite tools, and the ease of the activity, shiny pokemon are a dime a dozen. Third, IVs >>>>>>> different colors, so it is a lot easier to find a shiny pokemon on the GTS that is legal than a flawless one. Fourth, some people, like myself, will often give away RNGed flawless shiny pokemon on the GTS just out of altruism, just to be a nice guy. Finally, with sites like pokecheck allowing for the easy download of public pokemon, many people just download from there and trade around.

In short, your statement makes no sense.

RNG's don't count as legit shinies. Those I GUESS might be on the GTS, but I wouldn't want it anyway. Would you soft reset 3000 times for a shiny legendary just to offer it up for trade? If it's a random encounter and the person doesn't really care, there's a CHANCE it's legit, but it's not worth the risk because you'll never know. Legendaries though, no chance being legit.

FairyWitch
23rd July 2013, 11:30 PM
RNG's don't count as legit shinies. Those I GUESS might be on the GTS, but I wouldn't want it anyway. Would you soft reset 3000 times for a shiny legendary just to offer it up for trade? If it's a random encounter and the person doesn't really care, there's a CHANCE it's legit, but it's not worth the risk because you'll never know. Legendaries though, no chance being legit.

hold that right there now this is getting a bit out of hand and that is a bit wrong my friend and legal is the correct term if you didn't get yourself...rng is completely LEGAL! and yes legendaries can be legal if you don't use a hacking device which rnging doesn't connect to your game system in anyway which people are stupid in thinking its like the ar device...i don't tolerate people that are idiots around her and on top of it thinking that rng is not legal as well as pisses me off and there are some people that soft reset that much for a shiny so your statement is invaild both ways...end of disscusion this is considered spam now in this thread...don't post unless you need a hack check...if you continue i will ignore your post and report...

Agonist
23rd July 2013, 11:31 PM
legit and legal mean the same thing.

No they don't. Legitimate Pokemon are always legal, while legal Pokemon aren't always legitimate. Same as how squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

I don't even know what you're trying to say, but since RNG abuse uses the same process as your precious "random shinies", just without wasting a retarded amount of time for something that isn't very good, there isn't any way they're not legitimate.

QuoteMissy
24th July 2013, 12:20 AM

So do you have a specific pokemon you need to check or not? This IS the Hack-CHECK thread.

Post here if you're not sure if your Pokemon is legitimate or not, or to help another user. Be sure to follow all other rules and use this form when posting:
Pokemon Species:
Nickname:
OT:
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno:
Shiny?:
Nature:
Characteristic:
Ability:
Moves:
Level Caught at:
Current Level:
Stats:
Location Caught:
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

Gampi
26th July 2013, 1:24 PM
Pokémon Species: Blaziken
Nickname: BLAZIKEN
OT: LANCE
IDno: 25048
EV's: "It has worked really hard, hasn't it?"
IV's: "This Pokémon's potential is above average overall. ..." Perfect IV in Defense.
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Moves:
- Overheat
- Brave Bird
- Focus Blast
- DynamicPunch
Level Caught at: 100
Stats:
- HP 312/312
- Attack 286
- Defense 207
- Sp. Atk 253
- Sp. Def 158
- Speed 217
Egg?: Not that I'm aware.
Pokeball Caught In: Poké Ball
Any other notes?: Got this off the GTS in exchange for a lv10 Lopunny, so nothing of value was lost. It has a Champion Ribbon, Sinnoh Champ Ribbon and Effort Ribbon attached.
Sort of suspicious of it because its obtained date is '8/9/2005', I know the person who transferred it probably had their DS' clock set to that date but it could also be the sign of a hack.

Lt. BLEU™
26th July 2013, 2:20 PM
IV's: "This Pokémon's potential is above average overall. ..." Perfect IV in Defense.
Moves:
- Overheat
- Brave Bird
- Focus Blast
- DynamicPunch
Stats:
- HP 312/312
- Attack 286
- Defense 207
- Sp. Atk 253
- Sp. Def 158
- Speed 217
Any other notes?: Got this off the GTS in exchange for a lv10 Lopunny, so nothing of value was lost. It has a Champion Ribbon, Sinnoh Champ Ribbon and Effort Ribbon attached.
Sort of suspicious of it because its obtained date is '8/9/2005', I know the person who transferred it probably had their DS' clock set to that date but it could also be the sign of a hack.

looks legal enough though....not 100 % sure

dewey911p
26th July 2013, 6:01 PM
Moves:
- Overheat
- Brave Bird
- Focus Blast
- DynamicPunch
Stats:
- HP 312/312
- Attack 286
- Defense 207
- Sp. Atk 253
- Sp. Def 158
- Speed 217

The date is never indicative of a hacked pokemon as it is based on the DS's clock, which is easily changeable with no restrictions aside from a 100 year date range. It seems legal on the surface.

Agonist
27th July 2013, 1:50 AM
Moves:
- Overheat
- Brave Bird
- Focus Blast
- DynamicPunch
Stats:
- HP 312/312
- Attack 286
- Defense 207
- Sp. Atk 253
- Sp. Def 158
- Speed 217

Legal .

Huskerfan88
29th July 2013, 6:57 AM
If a pokemon is caught in the future like August 15th, 2013 could it still be legal? I have a lucario that I got off of GTS that looks normal but the date is the only wrong thing.

QuoteMissy
29th July 2013, 6:59 AM
If a pokemon is caught in the future like August 15th, 2013 could it still be legal? I have a lucario that I got off of GTS that looks normal but the date is the only wrong thing.

Yes, the date doesn't affect legality at all as it's easily changed in DS consoles' settings.

FairyWitch
29th July 2013, 7:00 AM

oh date doesn't matter like quote says you can change your ds time to anything its fine...date doesn't mean anything really...

Agonist
4th August 2013, 6:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with it. Pokecheck is displaying exactly what it should display.

Agonist
4th August 2013, 6:24 PM
It doesn't matter.

Agonist
4th August 2013, 6:29 PM
No, there isn't. As long as it's the same game version, and gender for the OT, in addition to what you listed already, it can be renamed by anyone who happens to have the same combination.

400Billion
4th August 2013, 10:45 PM
Species: Jirachi
Nickname: JIRACHI
OT: WISHMKR
OT Gender: Male/Blue
IDno: 20043
Shiny: No
EVs: It seems like it can work a little harder
IVs: Decent all around, fantastic in Sp. Atk.
Characteristic: Very finicky
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Doom Desire, Refresh, Psychic, Swift
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 50 after a long travel through time.
Stats: 121 Atk, 104 Def, 126 Sp. Atk, 107 Sp. Def, 132 Spd
Egg: Huh?
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Other Notes: Serebii’s Eventdex lists Wishmaker Jirachi’s ID# as 00001-01000, which I’m guessing means all numbers between 00001 and 01000. 20043 is above 01000. Should my Jirachi’s ID# be different, or does the ID# change when traded from Gen III to later Generations, or what? Also wondering why it's at Lv. 50 when Wishmaker Jirachi is Lv. 5, yet its EVs haven't been maxed out. Also, its date is 4/10/2011. Received in a WiFi Club trade.

But mainly I'm wondering about that ID#.

Edit: I see that Sobe0047's Jirachi also had an ID of 20043, so I guess that's either what it's supposed to be, or something. I don't know what's up with the Eventdex's info, then.

Too Funk to Druck
4th August 2013, 11:50 PM
Species: Jirachi
Nickname: JIRACHI
OT Gender: Male/Blue
Shiny: No
EVs: It seems like it can work a little harder
IVs: Decent all around, fantastic in Sp. Atk.
Moves: Doom Desire, Refresh, Psychic, Swift
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 50 after a long travel through time.
Stats: 121 Atk, 104 Def, 126 Sp. Atk, 107 Sp. Def, 132 Spd
Egg: Huh?
Other Notes: Serebii’s Eventdex lists Wishmaker Jirachi’s ID# as 00001-01000, which I’m guessing means all numbers between 00001 and 01000. 20043 is above 01000. Should my Jirachi’s ID# be different, or does the ID# change when traded from Gen III to later Generations, or what? Also wondering why it's at Lv. 50 when Wishmaker Jirachi is Lv. 5, yet its EVs haven't been maxed out. Also, its date is 4/10/2011. Received in a WiFi Club trade.

But mainly I'm wondering about that ID#.

Edit: I see that Sobe0047's Jirachi also had an ID of 20043, so I guess that's either what it's supposed to be, or something. I don't know what's up with the Eventdex's info, then.

Serebii's event database is wrong on Jirachi's ID I believe. Date doesn't matter since it's when it was transferred over to the game, and not when it was received.

Spawty
5th August 2013, 3:14 AM
Over a week or two, I've gotten three shinies over the GTS.... but I just have to be sure if they're legit or not. They look legit, but I felt that I needed a few other looks on these. Pokecheck is too complicated for my lil brain :P. Also, these are in Gen. 4 (never played Gen. 5 :( ) in HG.

Pokemon Species: Luvdisc
OT: Yurie
IDno: 53995
EV's: Don't know
IV's: Don't know
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Water gun, Agility, Take Down, Lucky Chant
Level Caught at: 20
Current Level: 20
Stats: HP: 50 Att: 15 Def: 30 Sp. Atk: 26 Sp. Def: 31 Spd: 49
Location Caught: Route 27
Egg?: Nope
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
Any other notes?: Nope

Pokemon Species: Tentacruel
OT: CHIP
IDno: 38605
Shiny?:Yes
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Modest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Moves: Waterfall, Bubblebeam, Water Pulse, Surf
Level Caught at: 29
Current Level: 35
Stats: HP: 107 Att: 55 Def: 63 Sp. Atk: 79 Sp. Def: 89 Spd. 86
Location Caught: Route 221
Any other notes?: It has a normal rank beauty contest ribbon? Lol

Pokemon Species: Sudowoodo
OT: DB9
IDno: 04851
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Flail, Low Kick, Rock Throw, Mimic
Stats: HP: 60 Att: 49 Def: 57 Sp. Atk: 17 Sp. Def: 32 Spd: 17
Location Caught: Route 36

dewey911p
5th August 2013, 3:58 AM
Over a week or two, I've gotten three shinies over the GTS.... but I just have to be sure if they're legit or not. They look legit, but I felt that I needed a few other looks on these. Pokecheck is too complicated for my lil brain :P. Also, these are in Gen. 4 (never played Gen. 5 :( ) in HG.

A quick once over and they seem legal on the surface. Basically, if you see any dark RED (not orange, but a clear red) on pokecheck, that is a bad sign.

varanus_komodoensis
5th August 2013, 6:26 AM

All of those look legal to me!

Spawty
5th August 2013, 7:58 AM
A quick once over and they seem legal on the surface. Basically, if you see any dark RED (not orange, but a clear red) on pokecheck, that is a bad sign.

All of those look legal to me!

Oh man.... thanks guys! Pretty sweet now that I've got three legit shinies (got them for pretty reasonable offers too :)). I have pretty limited access to the GTS, so once I get WiFi, I usually rush things through and forget some steps for Pokecheck. Once again, thank you Dewey and Varanus for your support!

FairyWitch
5th August 2013, 8:28 PM
Oh man.... thanks guys! Pretty sweet now that I've got three legit shinies (got them for pretty reasonable offers too :)). I have pretty limited access to the GTS, so once I get WiFi, I usually rush things through and forget some steps for Pokecheck. Once again, thank you Dewey and Varanus for your support!

there not legit, there legal....they may be legal but never legit unless you catch them yourself or breed them yourself...as the run down they look legal what you listed but like dewey said if uploaded on check if its dark red its a bad sign...

Leonn
6th August 2013, 12:14 AM
Would like a but of confirmation, considering I did not catch it myself

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: None
OT: Ghostly
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) male
IDno: 37788
Shiny?: Nope
EV's: (if known) none
IV's: (if known) 29–30 HP; 26–29/19 Physical; 19–20/13–14 Special; 31 Speed according to the veekun calculator
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: hypnosis,faint attack, nightmare, double team
Level Caught at: "Apparently arrived at Lv. 51."
Current Level:51
Stats: 147hp, 99attack,106def,152sp.atk,103sp.def,162speed
Egg?:
Any other notes?: I was told it was from the 2009 event, although it says it was caught in 2011, also the person said they used a rare candy on it to see it's IVs so maybe that's why it says arrived at lvl 51, because it had to be transferred?

FairyWitch
6th August 2013, 7:58 PM

IV's: (if known) 29–30 HP; 26–29/19 Physical; 19–20/13–14 Special; 31 Speed according to the veekun calculator
Egg?:
Any other notes?: I was told it was from the 2009 event, although it says it was caught in 2011, also the person said they used a rare candy on it to see it's IVs so maybe that's why it says arrived at lvl 51, because it had to be transferred?

hmmmm im not sure this time actually the only one that can be catched that i know of is platinum event which makes me wonder about this....as well as pokemon can be caught anytime really date really doesn't make a difference but still i highly think its not legit but seems to me legal what you provide but correct me if im wrong....just suspicious...

QuoteMissy
6th August 2013, 8:11 PM

Egg?:

It appears legal, the Newmoon Island Darkrai can be caught at any time after obtaining the Member's Pass.

hmmmm im not sure this time actually the only one that can be catched that i know of is platinum event which makes me wonder about this....as well as pokemon can be caught anytime really date really doesn't make a difference but still i highly think its not legit but seems to me legal what you provide but correct me if im wrong....just suspicious...

Legal (Paltinum version) New Moon Darkrai is encountered at Lv. 50 so it's fine in that department.

Leonn
6th August 2013, 8:57 PM
It appears legal, the Newmoon Island Darkrai can be caught at any time after obtaining the Member's Pass.

Legal (Paltinum version) New Moon Darkrai is encountered at Lv. 50 so it's fine in that department.

So I guess I would have to pokecheck it to see if it's legit or not huh? Dang, I can never get it to work

Allieon
6th August 2013, 9:49 PM
Are pokemon cloned with Emerald considered legit?

QuoteMissy
6th August 2013, 10:26 PM
So I guess I would have to pokecheck it to see if it's legit or not huh? Dang, I can never get it to work

It's impossible to determine legitimacy even with Pokecheck unless you caught it yourself or you witnessed it being caught (like a video). However, Pokecheck is definitely a better indicator of legality.

Are pokemon cloned with Emerald considered legit?

As long as the pokemon was legit/legal to begin with, yes.

DarkAssasen
8th August 2013, 2:44 AM
Pokemon Species: Jirachi
OT Gender: Unknown
IV's: (if known) N/A
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Likes to Relax
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest
Level Caught at: "Apparently arrived at Lv. 5 after a long travel through time."
Current Level:5
Stats: 25hp, 15attack,15def,15sp.atk,15sp.def,15speed
Location Caught: Hoen
Egg?:
Any other notes?: the only thing I can think of that's wrong with it is its ID No. but I'm not sure.

Kevin24
8th August 2013, 2:57 AM
legal, it's one of nine natures of wishmaker jirachi that can be shiny

shadowF
9th August 2013, 7:34 AM
Hi I got this pokemon from gts negotiations and want to know if it is hacked
Pokemon Species:Trapinch
Nickname:none
OT:david
IDno:61263
EV's: don't know
IV's: don't know
Nature: jolly
Characteristic: somewhat vain
Ability: Arena Trap
Moves:Bite
Level Caught at: hatched
Current Level: 1
Stats:11/11 hp, attack 7, defense 5, sp. attack 4, sp. def 6, speed 5
Location Caught: hatched at route 3
Egg?:yes
Pokeball Caught In: normal one
Any other notes?:none

Gampi
9th August 2013, 10:32 AM
Looks to be legal.

QuoteMissy
9th August 2013, 4:36 PM

Appears legal but beware, when I looked up that OT/ID I found horrible hacks, however I also found some that appear legal that used different SIDs, unless you can find your Trapinch's SID, I wouldn't trust it.

Strolling
10th August 2013, 11:56 PM

Egg?:

Hmm. My event Darkrai has the OT: ALAMOS from when I got a while back.

Minedreigon
11th August 2013, 12:30 AM

Egg?:
Could be legal but that ID has bad hacks on pokecheack. Other than that, it could be fine.

gooch
11th August 2013, 3:05 AM
I think this mew is hacked but I want to double check

Pokemon species:Mew
Nickname:None
OT: Tommy
ID no:31041
Shiny? No
EV's: N/A
IV's: N/A
Nature: Mild
Characteristics: Good endurance
Level caught: Apparently caught at level 93
Current Level: 95
Stats: attack 235 defense 211 Sp. attack 245 Sp. Defense 227 Speed 234
Location caught: Johto
Caught in master ball

QuoteMissy
11th August 2013, 3:14 AM
Hmm. My event Darkrai has the OT: ALAMOS from when I got a while back.

That's a different event Darkrai, the one that was in question is the Member's Pass one, not the Gamestop one.

Could be legal but that ID has bad hacks on pokecheack. Other than that, it could be fine.

I pokechecked the Darkrai in the question they are unrelated to the OT: Iris hacks.

I think this mew is hacked but I want to double check

Pokemon species:Mew
Nickname:None
OT: Tommy
ID no:31041
Shiny? No
EV's: N/A
IV's: N/A
Nature: Mild
Characteristics: Good endurance
Level caught: Apparently caught at level 93
Current Level: 95
Stats: attack 235 defense 211 Sp. attack 245 Sp. Defense 227 Speed 234
Location caught: Johto
Caught in master ball

This is a horrible hack Mew cannot be obtained in Johto outside of an event.

1Platinum
11th August 2013, 3:47 AM
Pokemon Species: Snorlax
Nickname: BLUBERBUDY
OT: CODY
IDno: 63613
Shiny: Yes
EVs: Unknown
IVs: 21/11/3/6/28/19
Characteristic: Strongly Defiant
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Heavy Slam, Rollout, Crunch, Giga Impact
Level Caught At: Apparently arrived at Level 50? But i didn't train it? ?:-)
Stats: 451/212/138/155/253/84
Location Caught: Johto
Egg: No
Pokeball Caught In: Heavy Ball
Other Notes: Trainer Name didn't not match the trainer that i traded. Please help

QuoteMissy
11th August 2013, 4:01 AM
Other Notes: Trainer Name didn't not match the trainer that i traded. Please help

Nothing seems wrong from the description, you can trade other people's pokemon silly! He got that Snorlax in a trade from someone else and traded it to you, that's why the OT and the trader's name don't match up.

Typikachu
11th August 2013, 4:17 AM
If you clone a legit pokemon is it considered non legit. To me in a way it could go both ways. :l

Arbalest
11th August 2013, 4:22 AM
Other Notes: Trainer Name didn't not match the trainer that i traded. Please helpAppears to be legal, but I find it suspicious for a few reasons, one of them being that it appears to have no EVs. Is it male or female?

1Platinum
11th August 2013, 4:41 AM
Appears to be legal, but I find it suspicious for a few reasons, one of them being that it appears to have no EVs. Is it male or female?

it is Male. It has EVs but I don't know the amount. thanks

Arbalest
11th August 2013, 4:57 AM
it is Male. It has EVs but I don't know the amount. thanksThose aren't the actual IVs, what did you use to check them?

QuoteMissy
12th August 2013, 12:09 AM
If you clone a legit pokemon is it considered non legit. To me in a way it could go both ways. :l

The clone will be as legit/legal as the original one.

1Platinum
12th August 2013, 2:53 AM
I used serebii's own IV checker to check them

Arbalest
12th August 2013, 3:43 AM
I used serebii's own IV checker to check them

IV Calculation (make it look simpler?)

* Fields marked with an asterisk are optional.

ALWAYS TRACK YOUR EFFORT POINTS!

Every calculator will return errors if your Effort Points are innacurate! If necessary, use some anti-vitamin berries.If you can figure out the real IVs it makes hack checks more accurate, especially for 4th gen captures.

wc662
12th August 2013, 8:59 AM
Darkrai Lv. 50 491
Cherish Ball
Adamant
5/8/2012
Wi-Fi Gift
Fateful Encounter Lv. 50
Strongly Defiant
OT: 2012MAY
ID: 05092

HP: 142
ATK: 105
DEF: 101
SPATK: 132
SPDEF: 108
SPD: 138

Classic Ribbon.

Arbalest
12th August 2013, 5:42 PM
Darkrai Lv. 50 491
Cherish Ball
Adamant
5/8/2012
Wi-Fi Gift
Fateful Encounter Lv. 50
Strongly Defiant
OT: 2012MAY
ID: 05092

HP: 142
ATK: 105
DEF: 101
SPATK: 132
SPDEF: 108
SPD: 138

Classic Ribbon.Legal, but it matches a highly suspicious Darkrai that is publicly available on that-pokemon-checking-site-we're-not-supposed-to-mention-even-though-the-name-is-in-the-OP.
(I'm running out of funny ways to not say it's name :/)

shadowF
12th August 2013, 11:48 PM
Hi its me again. I got this pokemon in a trade and want to know if it is hacked.
Pokemon Species:Regirock
Nickname:REGIROCK
OT:CLARA
OT Gender:
IDno:45952
Shiny?:NO
Nature:relaxed
Characteristic: somewhat stubborn
Ability: clear body
Moves: rock throw, curse, superpower, ancient power
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at lv 41
Current Level:lv 41
Stats: hp 123 attack 94 defense 188 sp. atk 48 sp. def 96 speed 45
Egg?:No
Pokeball Caught In:ultraball
Any other notes?:apparently arrived at lv.41 after a long travel through time. Somewhat stubborn

varanus_komodoensis
13th August 2013, 1:43 AM
Hi its me again. I got this pokemon in a trade and want to know if it is hacked.
OT Gender:
Any other notes?:apparently arrived at lv.41 after a long travel through time. Somewhat stubborn

Looks legit to me. It appears to have been caught at the Desert Ruins in RSE and then transferred over after gaining a level.

Agonist
13th August 2013, 4:08 AM
OT Gender:

Legal .

Earendil
13th August 2013, 9:31 PM
Nickname: MEW
OT: Aura
OT Gender: Blue
IDno: 20078
Nature: Naive
Moves: Me First, Baton Pass, Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 100 after a long travel through time.
Stats: HP: 341; Attack: 278; Defense: 236; Special Attack: 278; Special Defense: 212; Speed: 305
Location Caught: Hoenn (Poke Transferred)
Any other notes?: Apparently arrived at Lv. 100 after a long travel through time. Fateful encounter.

Thank you!

varanus_komodoensis
13th August 2013, 11:10 PM
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 100 after a long travel through time.
Stats: HP: 341; Attack: 278; Defense: 236; Special Attack: 278; Special Defense: 212; Speed: 305
Any other notes?: Apparently arrived at Lv. 100 after a long travel through time. Fateful encounter.

Thank you!

This definitely didn't come from an event, because the OT doesn't match up to anything from Hoenn. However, I don't know how to tell if it came from a side game, such as Pokemon Ranger.

Shine
14th August 2013, 3:51 PM

Thank you!

On a quick glance, seems legal. There was an Aura Mew event in 3rd Gen for UK, and the Trainer ID is indeed 20078, also it is available for all 3rd Gen games.

Would be easier to determine the legality if you can erase all of its EVs and then post the IVs.

Earendil
15th August 2013, 5:38 AM
On a quick glance, seems legal. There was an Aura Mew event in 3rd Gen for UK, and the Trainer ID is indeed 20078, also it is available for all 3rd Gen games.

Would be easier to determine the legality if you can erase all of its EVs and then post the IVs.

Thanks for looking at it. I'll try doing that and see what I come up with.

Summonight
15th August 2013, 6:00 AM
Hey there; after a lot of searching, I finally found somebody to trade me an Arceus, but I'm suspicious about it. It's apparently lvl 100 through Rare Candies, the trader told me. As far as I know, there were only two Arceus events: the DW Arceus, and the TRU Arceus (Sorry if I got this wrong.).
I plan to trade it in a Trade Shop for a Darkrai, and I'd like to make sure it's legit before I do anything. Pokecheck, for some reason, doesn't work for me, so I'm resorting to here.

Name: ARCEUS
Level: 100
Sinnoh
Apparently arrived at Lvl 80.
Somewhat stubborn.

OT: TYLER
ID: 18844

IVs: Don't know
Evs: As far as I know, it is UT

Ability: Multitype

Caught in an Ultra Ball

-Judgement
-Future Sight
-Recover
-Hyper Beam

No ribbons

FairyWitch
15th August 2013, 6:07 AM
Hey there; after a lot of searching, I finally found somebody to trade me an Arceus, but I'm suspicious about it. It's apparently lvl 100 through Rare Candies, the trader told me. As far as I know, there were only two Arceus events: the DW Arceus, and the TRU Arceus (Sorry if I got this wrong.).
I plan to trade it in a Trade Shop for a Darkrai, and I'd like to make sure it's legit before I do anything. Pokecheck, for some reason, doesn't work for me, so I'm resorting to here.

Name: ARCEUS
Level: 100
Sinnoh
Apparently arrived at Lvl 80.
Somewhat stubborn.

OT: TYLER
ID: 18844

IVs: Don't know
Evs: As far as I know, it is UT

Ability: Multitype

Caught in an Ultra Ball

-Judgement
-Future Sight
-Recover
-Hyper Beam

No ribbons

hacked arceus can never be captured unless with the azure flute and that was never distributed...

Shine
15th August 2013, 6:08 AM
Arceus is hacked. It's a caught Arceus, rather than an event one.

And to catch one you need the Azure Flute, and the Azure Flute event for 4th Gen is never released, not even in Japan, so the only way to obtain one is by hacking it or the Azure Flute.

Summonight
15th August 2013, 6:29 AM
Thanks to Shine and FairyWitch! (FairyWitch, you run RNGs in a trade shop, right? This is pretty ironic; the Darkrai I was talking about in my post was actually the ANA Darkrai in said trade shop that you joint run with SilentReaper.)
Thanks again; How unfortunate. I had actually just gotten this Arceus yesterday in a trade.

Shine
15th August 2013, 6:58 AM
Just a note, any Arceus that is leveled up to 100 is hacked. All legitimate Arceus are lv 100 already, so it doesn't need to be leveled up.

Any lv 100 Sinnoh Arceus that doesn't come in a Cherish Ball and doesn't have special event OT, are also hacked.

Summonight
15th August 2013, 7:33 AM
Just a note, any Arceus that is leveled up to 100 is hacked. All legitimate Arceus are lv 100 already, so it doesn't need to be leveled up.

Any lv 100 Sinnoh Arceus that doesn't come in a Cherish Ball and doesn't have special event OT, are also hacked.

Alright, I'll certainly remember this; it's time to go look for another Arceus.

FairyWitch
15th August 2013, 10:04 AM
yeah no problem I normally can spot hacks no problem until it gets to 3rd generation stuff or im just shot off tired and my logic is stupid -_- im lost do to i don't know anything much about the game machanics of 3rd but like some of these veteran rngers here on serebii like agonist and hozu they can check those thing for you but this is my last post here for awhile unless there is a hack check don't want to spam up the thread...

Azuron
16th August 2013, 12:30 PM
I just got this from GTS and I'd like to know if it's legit or not:

Shiny Tornadus lvl 100
Calm nature
Caught at lvl 40 on Route 13, in an Ultraball
Somewhat vain
No ribbons
Stats: HP 320, ATK 258, DEF 197, SP ATK 311, SP DEF 238, SPE 275
OT: Ash
ID: 28227
Movements: Air Slash, Tailwind, Dark Pulse, Swagger
I don't know their IVs/EVs
And was a holding a Pass Orb

Well I think it seems like a legit one but since I was just looking for a Tornadus, regardless of its level and all, and I received a lvl 100 shiny Tornadus... And I was giving a simple lvl 71 Mewtwo... I don't know if such generous people exist. xD

Thanks in advance!!

varanus_komodoensis
16th August 2013, 6:31 PM

Shiny Tornadus lvl 100
Calm nature
Somewhat vain
No ribbons

Well I think it seems like a legit one but since I was just looking for a Tornadus, regardless of its level and all, and I received a lvl 100 shiny Tornadus... And I was giving a simple lvl 71 Mewtwo... I don't know if such generous people exist. xD

Thanks in advance!!

Looks legit to me!

Arbalest
16th August 2013, 6:37 PM

Shiny Tornadus lvl 100
Calm nature
Somewhat vain
No ribbons

Thanks in advance!!Almost certainly hacked, OT Ash Shiny Calm Tornadus with flawless IVs caught on route 13 in an Ultra Ball seems to be some sort of bad joke, there are 8 different ones on the-site-that-must-not-be-named. (yep, I've run out of funny ways to not say the name of that site)

varanus_komodoensis
16th August 2013, 6:45 PM
Almost certainly hacked, OT Ash Shiny Calm Tornadus with flawless IVs caught on route 13 in an Ultra Ball seems to be some sort of bad joke, there are 8 different ones on the-site-that-must-not-be-named. (yep, I've run out of funny ways to not say the name of that site)

It could have been RNG'd and then cloned. It's not necessarily hacked.

Arbalest
16th August 2013, 6:55 PM
It could have been RNG'd and then cloned. It's not necessarily hacked.Like I said, there are 8 different ones, they're not cloned, and some of them aren't even legal.

Shinzan
16th August 2013, 7:32 PM
Pokemon Species: Exeggcute
Nickname: (It's in Japanese)
OT: (In Japanese)
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) red
IDno: 65279
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Quick Tempered
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Barrage/Uproar/Hypnosis/SolarBeam
Level Caught at: Egg apparently hatched
Stats: 12/5/6/6/6/5
Location Caught: Join Avenue
Egg?: Yes
Any other notes?: GTS obtained for Manaphy

QuoteMissy
16th August 2013, 7:32 PM
It could have been RNG'd and then cloned. It's not necessarily hacked.

ಠ_ಠ
Really? That's VERY hard to believe since most pokemon with OT: Ash are hacks, and you call a pokemon you didn't even catch yourself LEGIT?

Looks legit to me!

Disclaimer: Remember, it is impossible for anyone to truly say a Pokemon is legit unless you caught it yourself. This thread can serve as a guide to tell you if a Pokemon is definitely hacked, or tell you if it looks legit, but hackers can make any Pokemon look legit with enough effort.

varanus_komodoensis
16th August 2013, 8:40 PM
Like I said, there are 8 different ones, they're not cloned, and some of them aren't even legal.

So some of them ARE legal, then.

ಠ_ಠ
Really? That's VERY hard to believe since most pokemon with OT: Ash are hacks, and you call a pokemon you didn't even catch yourself LEGIT?

This is the Hack-Check thread. The purpose of this thread is to tell people who post Pokemon how likely it is that they are legal or not legal. If you were to assume that every Pokemon that you didn't catch yourself was hacked, then this thread would have no purpose because you would have to tell everyone that their Pokemon was hacked because they didn't catch it. Ellie is right; you cannot say for sure whether it is hacked or not. But posters come in here knowing that, and we give them our best educated guess based on what they post about their Pokemon.

The parameters that Azuron posed about his Tornadus do not raise any red flags. It was caught on a route that Tornadus can be caught on, on the level at which it can be caught, in a ball in which it can be caught, with the moves that it can have at its current level, and with an appropriate ID number. There is nothing suspicious about this particular Tornadus, and therefore I cannot say that it looks hacked to me. The OT may hack Pokemon (which I did not know until now), and it is appropriate to warn the poster about that, but right now there is no evidence that this Tornadus itself is a hack.

QuoteMissy
16th August 2013, 8:53 PM
Pokemon Species: Exeggcute
Nickname: (It's in Japanese)
IDno: 65279
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Quick Tempered
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Barrage/Uproar/Hypnosis/SolarBeam
Level Caught at: Egg apparently hatched
Stats: 12/5/6/6/6/5
Location Caught: Join Avenue
Egg?: Yes
Any other notes?: GTS obtained for Manaphy

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong from the info provided, legal

All I'm getting at is why did you say this:

Looks legit to me!
when what you described above is the definition of legal not legit?
I know that every pokemon that gets punched in here for a legal check isn't always hacked, (but it still has a chance to be) since we can't look at hidden factors like THAT site can so what shows up as legal here may be caught as hacked there, and it being called LEGIT from here initially (whether intended or not) is rather cruel.

So some of them ARE legal, then.

If ONE's hacked then the rest are VERY LIKELY (to the point where it's not even funny) are hacked too.

I've also seen places where there are lists of OT: Ash is Blacklisted like this site (http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=74957)

Sorry Azuron, this deal seems a little TOO good, I wouldn't trust this Tornadus at all.

Azuron
16th August 2013, 10:18 PM
Oh... thanks guys! I think I won't trust that Tornadus, it's seems legit but there is something suspicious about it, shiny and good IVs and all.
Too bad I was trying to complete the Pokédex without hacking and Tornadus was the last Pokémon I needed. :( Now I have to look for a legit one.
Thanks again!

Agonist
17th August 2013, 12:10 AM
It doesn't seem legitimate, or even legal. The only way to guarantee something is legitimate is to get it yourself (or observe someone getting it for you).

alexfirefist6
17th August 2013, 3:44 AM
Pokemon Species:Thundurus
OT:OSIEL
IDno:43486
Shiny?:yes
EV's: (if known)idk
IV's: (if known)idk
Nature:brave
Characteristic:often dozes of
Ability:prankster
Moves:substitude, focus blast, psychic, thunder wave
Level Caught at:50
Current Level:75
Stats:232,215,113,225,155,179
Location Caught:twist mountain
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:masterball
Any other notes?:got on gts

varanus_komodoensis
17th August 2013, 3:53 AM
Egg?:

You can't catch Thundurus in Twist Mountain or at level 50, so this Pokemon is hacked.

alexfirefist6
17th August 2013, 4:57 AM
Pokemon Species:arecus
Nickname:you guys cant read japanese but uh if you really care then its maruseusu
OT:takamaki(again in japanese)
IDno:26636
Shiny?:
Nature:serious
Characteristic:mischievous
Ability:multitype
Moves:fly,judgment,shadow claw, surf
Level Caught at:100
Stats:357,290,270,281,246,266
Location Caught:entree forest
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:dream ball
Any other notes?:

Lt. BLEU™
17th August 2013, 5:16 AM
Nickname:you guys cant read japanese but uh if you really care then its maruseusu
Shiny?:
Egg?:
Any other notes?:

legal enough on the paper......

alexfirefist6
17th August 2013, 5:22 AM
legal enough on the paper......

ya that was i thinking probably a clone :d well i did trade a level 75 shiny thundurs for it
ya w.e it was a dick move, nothing else to say i can be a real dick when it comes to gts.

Lt. BLEU™
17th August 2013, 5:28 AM
ya that was i thinking probably a clone :d well i did trade a level 75 shiny thundurs for it

yep but i'm still not 100% sure about it since i do not have too much info on events.....

Agonist
17th August 2013, 5:37 AM
Egg?:

Shiny?:
Egg?:
Any other notes?:

You're an *******.

Shinzan
17th August 2013, 5:41 AM
Pokemon Species:Manaphy
Nickname:(In Japanese)
OT:(in Japanese)
IDno:12226
EV's: (if known) unknown
IV's: (if known) unknown
Characteristic: Loves to eat.
Moves:Tail Glow/Bubble/Water Sport/Empty
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 7(obtained at level 5 and leveled up twice in my care)
Stats: 33/20/20/22/19/18
Egg?: Unknown due to PokeTransfer
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Any other notes?: 12/22/2006

Arbalest
17th August 2013, 5:50 AM
Pokemon Species:Manaphy
Nickname:(In Japanese)
OT:(in Japanese)
IDno:12226
EV's: (if known) unknown
IV's: (if known) unknown
Characteristic: Loves to eat.
Moves:Tail Glow/Bubble/Water Sport/Empty
Level Caught at: 5
Current Level: 7(obtained at level 5 and leveled up twice in my care)
Stats: 33/20/20/22/19/18
Egg?: Unknown due to PokeTransfer
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Any other notes?: 12/22/2006Matches the Mizunotami Manaphy from one of the fake GTS servers that spits out hacks, it's likely hacked and has no trade value either way.

wc662
17th August 2013, 5:51 AM
Legal, but it matches a highly suspicious Darkrai that ************************************************** ******************************** ************************************************** **********************************************)

thx for the info

Shinzan
17th August 2013, 6:09 AM
Matches the Mizunotami Manaphy from one of the fake GTS servers that spits out hacks, it's likely hacked and has no trade value either way.

Interesting, I didn't know there was a fake server in existence. Does that mean it's legal to use in battles and whatnot?

Agonist
17th August 2013, 6:39 AM
Interesting, I didn't know there was a fake server in existence. Does that mean it's legal to use in battles and whatnot?

No .

Shinzan
17th August 2013, 6:41 AM
I suppose Phione are out of the question too.

dewey911p
17th August 2013, 6:29 PM
I suppose Phione are out of the question too.

What Phinoe are you talking about? Do you mean breeding your hacked Manaphy to get a Phinoe? That would give you legal eggs, although, some people do not like the idea of hacked parents.

alexfirefist6
18th August 2013, 2:47 AM
Pokemon Species:Reshiram
OT:John
IDno:64733
Shiny?:no
Nature:baseful
Characteristic:capable of taking hits
Ability:turboblaze
Moves:dragon pulse, cut, dragon tail, fusion flare
Current Level:55
Stats:178/151/130/173/146/107
Location Caught:N's Castle
Egg?:
Any other notes?:got from GTS

QuoteMissy
18th August 2013, 2:48 AM
Pokemon Species:Reshiram
OT:John
IDno:64733
Shiny?:no
Nature:baseful
Characteristic:capable of taking hits
Ability:turboblaze
Moves:dragon pulse, cut, dragon tail, fusion flare
Current Level:55
Stats:178/151/130/173/146/107
Location Caught:
Egg?:
Any other notes?:got from GTS

This pokemon doesn't have location caught data? Then it's hacked

alexfirefist6
18th August 2013, 2:56 AM
oops my bad must've skipped it, it was caught at N's castle

QuoteMissy
18th August 2013, 2:58 AM
Then it appears legal.

Jalla199
18th August 2013, 5:51 AM
I recently bought a used pokemon white which has some...possible interesting pokemon.

For starters, we'll just go with a shiny Rayquaza.

Rash Nature
Date: 4-16-2011
"Apparently arrived at Lv. 100
Highly curious
Dex Num: 384
Name: Rayquaza
Lv. 100
EXP. 1250000
Ability: Air-Lock
Moves:
Extreme Speed
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse
Outrage
HP: 353
Attack: 350
Defense: 217
Sp. Attack: 379
Sp. Defense: 174
Speed: 236
Caught in MasterBall
ID Num: 13270
Type: Dragon/Flying
Shiny

Considering it's a !SHINY RAYQUAZA! I'd like for it not to be hacked. But I've never known of a Rayquaza from Sinnoh so....unless it went from Emerald/Saph/Ruby and into Plat/Diamond/Pearl and thus was labeled "SINNOH" I don't know what to say...

The game also has a shiny Darkrai, a Lugia also from Sinnoh, a Zekrom using strength/cut and a Shiny Palkia....yeah T.T

On a side note, if I chose to reset the entire game, what's the chances that any hacking in the past save will carry problems onto the new one?

Thanks for the help!

dewey911p
18th August 2013, 5:56 AM
I recently bought a used pokemon white which has some...possible interesting pokemon.

For starters, we'll just go with a shiny Rayquaza.

Rash Nature
Date: 4-16-2011
"Apparently arrived at Lv. 100
Highly curious
Dex Num: 384
Name: Rayquaza
Lv. 100
EXP. 1250000
Ability: Air-Lock
Moves:
Extreme Speed
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse
Outrage
HP: 353
Attack: 350
Defense: 217
Sp. Attack: 379
Sp. Defense: 174
Speed: 236
Caught in MasterBall
ID Num: 13270
Type: Dragon/Flying
Shiny

Considering it's a !SHINY RAYQUAZA! I'd like for it not to be hacked. But I've never known of a Rayquaza from Sinnoh so....unless it went from Emerald/Saph/Ruby and into Plat/Diamond/Pearl and thus was labeled "SINNOH" I don't know what to say...

The game also has a shiny Darkrai, a Lugia also from Sinnoh, a Zekrom using strength/cut and a Shiny Palkia....yeah T.T

On a side note, if I chose to reset the entire game, what's the chances that any hacking in the past save will carry problems onto the new one?

Thanks for the help!

There was no Rayquaza or Lugia in Sinnoh, so they are both hacked. Since there are hacks on the game, I would assume any and all pokemon with the same OT/ID combo are also hacked and not trustable.

As for starting over, it completely erases the save data and there will be no traces whatsoever on the next file.

Jalla199
18th August 2013, 6:36 AM
There was no Rayquaza or Lugia in Sinnoh, so they are both hacked. Since there are hacks on the game, I would assume any and all pokemon with the same OT/ID combo are also hacked and not trustable.

As for starting over, it completely erases the save data and there will be no traces whatsoever on the next file.
Cool, I'm fine with just deleting the save now that I know it will give me a safe game. I'd sooner just get definitely legit legends on my own anyway I guess. =P

Big thanks on the quick reply.

100percent
18th August 2013, 7:28 PM
OT: GAMESTP
IDno: 02271
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Level Caught at: 50
Stats: Atk 119, Def 119, Sp.Atk 107, Sp. Def 120, Speed 132
Location Caught: Fateful encounter @Johto, February 17, 2011
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Other Notes: Received holding a Jaboca Berry, has classic ribbon

Pokemon Species: Latias
OT: Kurt
IDno: 29796
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Zen Headbutt, Recover, Dragon Pulse, Healing Wish
Stats: Atk 215, Def 216, Sp.Atk 287, Sp.Def 359, Speed 256
Location Caught: Hoenn 8/17/2012

Are these Pokémon legit, or no? It was hard for me to tell, but I would like an expert opinion.

Shinzan
18th August 2013, 10:04 PM
Pokemon Species: Rhyperior
Nickname: RHYPERIOR
OT: XAVIER
IDno: 35143
Ability: LightningRod
Moves: Earthquake/Poison Jab/Flamethrower/Stomp
Level Caught at: 57
Current Level: 57
Stats: 230/186/170/108/93/58
Pokeball Caught In: Apparently a Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: traded for torchic in GTS

master3019
18th August 2013, 10:14 PM
Pokemon Species: Rhyperior
Nickname: RHYPERIOR
OT: XAVIER
IDno: 35143
Ability: LightningRod
Moves: Earthquake/Poison Jab/Flamethrower/Stomp
Level Caught at: 57
Current Level: 57
Stats: 230/186/170/108/93/58
Pokeball Caught In: Apparently a Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: traded for torchic in GTS

It's not an event but still in a Cherish ball, so hacked.

mackbama123
18th August 2013, 10:26 PM
Lucario
Male
Shiny
Brave
Sturdy Body
Steadfast
Close Combat, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse
Don't know level caught at (got in trade)
At level 100
Hp-251 Attack- 269 Defense-171 Sp Attack- 255 Sp Defense- 158 Speed- 170
Johto?
in pokeball

dewey911p
18th August 2013, 10:39 PM
Lucario
Male
Shiny
Brave
Sturdy Body
Steadfast
Close Combat, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse
Don't know level caught at (got in trade)
At level 100
Hp-251 Attack- 269 Defense-171 Sp Attack- 255 Sp Defense- 158 Speed- 170
Johto?
in pokeball

There's a form in the OP for a reason you know.

That being said, it looks legal from the info provided. There was no way to get a Riolu in a pokeball in Johto except for breeding, so it should just be a standard egg.

Nero_Tethras
18th August 2013, 11:57 PM
OT: PCApp
IDno: 31121
Characteristic: Likes to trash about
Moves: Substitute, Leaf Storm, Worry Seed, Future sight.
Level Caught at: Arrived at level 70
Stats: Atk 212 Def 236 sp atk 328 sp def 274 speed 246 HP 356
Pokeball Caught In: Normal Pokemball
Any other notes?:

Kevin24
19th August 2013, 12:12 AM
hack, all celebis have event ots

PokePnguin
19th August 2013, 12:32 AM
Pokemon Species: Mudkip
Nickname: Mudkip
OT: AJ
IDno: 10601
EV's: UT
IV's: flawless
Nature: adamant
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Curse, Bite
Level Caught at: Hatched
Stats: 6,6,5,6,6
Location Caught: Hatched
Pokeball Caught In:Pokeball
The guy who traded me this said it was RNGd. Does this mean I can use it competitively?

dewey911p
19th August 2013, 12:45 AM
The guy who traded me this said it was RNGd. Does this mean I can use it competitively?

Yes, RNGed pokemon can be used in official competitions, and usually are. Also, this particular Mudkip is on that-site-that-Arbalest-cannot-think-of-any-new-and-funny-ways-to-reference. It appears to be legal and highly cloned (it appears 15 times on said-unsaid site).

Agonist
19th August 2013, 3:23 AM

[21:21] <&Kaphotics> Agonist: This Pokémon is owned by cathal.

I have never heard of them before, so I'd be wary about that Mudkip.

Shinzan
19th August 2013, 6:05 PM
Pokemon Species: Latios
Nickname: (In Japanese)
IDno: 42485
Characteristic: Mischievous.
Moves: Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Thunder/Surf
Level Caught at: 68
Current Level: 68
Stats: 208/133/134/245/175/239
Location Caught: Dreamyard
Any other notes?: traded for non-Shiny Latios in GTS

Arbalest
19th August 2013, 7:16 PM
Pokemon Species: Latios
Nickname: (In Japanese)
IDno: 42485
Characteristic: Mischievous.
Moves: Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Thunder/Surf
Level Caught at: 68
Current Level: 68
Stats: 208/133/134/245/175/239
Location Caught: Dreamyard
Any other notes?: traded for non-Shiny Latios in GTSHighly suspicious as it's flawless and fully EVed, and somehow I don't see many people on the GTS trading a non-hacked shiny flawless EV trained Latios for a non-shiny non-flawless non-EV trained one.

Shinzan
19th August 2013, 7:30 PM
Highly suspicious as it's flawless and fully EVed, and somehow I don't see many people on the GTS trading a non-hacked shiny flawless EV trained Latios for a non-shiny non-flawless non-EV trained one.

Ok, this guy has 31 IVs in all stats. It's hacked indeed.

dewey911p
19th August 2013, 10:16 PM

I-what? That doesn't mean it's hacked. People can RNG flawless pokemon with ease, and even people who rely on random luck with breeding can get flawless/penta-flawless eggs with little effort or time with the right parents. It appears legal, but like Dar-I mean Arbalest said, the odds of someone trading away a flawless, shiny, EV trained pokemon for ... anything random, is highly unlikely. The fact that it's flawless isn't in-and-of-itself an indicator that it is hacked, but the circumstances are pretty suspicious.

100percent
20th August 2013, 12:45 AM
Could you guys check my pokemon? They are on the very bottom of page 399. Thanks :)

Post #9975

BurningWhiteKyurem
20th August 2013, 1:11 AM

How is having 31 IVs in each stat an indication that it's a hack? You do realize that 31 is the best possible stat that a Pokemon can have? Not to mention that having 31IVs in all stat is easily made possible by RNG and even dumb luck in some cases.

Shinzan
20th August 2013, 1:18 AM
I-what? That doesn't mean it's hacked. People can RNG flawless pokemon with ease, and even people who rely on random luck with breeding can get flawless/penta-flawless eggs with little effort or time with the right parents. It appears legal, but like Dar-I mean Arbalest said, the odds of someone trading away a flawless, shiny, EV trained pokemon for ... anything random, is highly unlikely. The fact that it's flawless isn't in-and-of-itself an indicator that it is hacked, but the circumstances are pretty suspicious.

I hope it is RNGed for usability sake, but the 31 IVs with a compatible nature and the fact that it's shiny makes RNGing for it ridiculously troublesome, hence why I came to that solution.

BurningWhiteKyurem
20th August 2013, 1:34 AM
I hope it is RNGed for usability sake, but the 31 IVs with a compatible nature and the fact that it's shiny makes RNGing for it ridiculously troublesome, hence why I came to that solution.

All of that is easily RNG insofar as you have the game's SID and TID numbers. Where did you get the reasoning that it meant difficult to RNG?

Shinzan
20th August 2013, 1:56 AM
All of that is easily RNG insofar as you have the game's SID and TID numbers. Where did you get the reasoning that it meant difficult to RNG?

Well, I'm a beginner at the RNG stuff (so I may be wrong), but the probability of getting flawless stats (in this case 31 IVs in all stats with a particular nature which is Timid (and more importantly Shininess which is my main reason for the check in the first place)) is very low (RNGReporter only reported one match with the above search criteria out of 100000 with my profile). Trying to manipulate the odds would at least require knowledge about RNG mechanics, precision in timing, and patience at the very least.

Still, I wouldn't say it's difficult to RNG, just tedious work at the very least.

Agonist
20th August 2013, 2:28 AM
The probability of RNGing something shiny and flawless is 1/1. And you would be hard-pressed to call most types of RNG abuse "tedious".

Shinzan
20th August 2013, 3:19 AM
The probability of RNGing something shiny and flawless is 1/1. And you would be hard-pressed to call most types of RNG abuse "tedious".

Very well, if the probability of RNGing flawless shiny legendaries is 100%, I can't argue against that logic. Btw, does that mean Latios is usable in battles since it appears to be legal?

While at that...

Pokemon Species: Ferrothorn
Nickname: Thorn
OT: Red
IDno: 04494
EV's: (if known) 255 Def 255 SDef
Nature: Careful
Ability: Iron Barbs
Moves: Curse/Gyro Ball/Bulldoze/Ingrain
Level Caught at: 27
Stats: 263/204/327/124/358/53
Location Caught: Chargestone Cave
Any other notes?:

Agonist
20th August 2013, 3:27 AM
With RNG abuse, there is no "chance". You're getting exactly what you want. And anything that is legal is usable in battle.

The Ferrothorn appears to be legal.

Shine
20th August 2013, 6:11 AM
Could you guys check my pokemon? They are on the very bottom of page 399. Thanks :)

Post #9975

Well.....

Are these Pokémon legit, or no? It was hard for me to tell, but I would like an expert opinion.

Both looks legal at first glance (again, at first glance, others might spot something I missed), especially since they have bad Natures, so I can see why people gave them away.

Arbalest
20th August 2013, 8:22 AM

Are these Pokémon legit, or no? It was hard for me to tell, but I would like an expert opinion.OT GAMESTP Celebi was never officially released, they were only available if the store had the wrong date set for the distribution of the Crown Beast event. Yours also appears to have very-high-but-not-flawless IVs (looks like 28/29 Atk, Def, SpAtk, 30/31 SpDef and 31 Spe, which is usually an indication of a hacker trying to make something look "more legit" by not being all 31).

For the Latias I would need the HP stat to be certain, but I'm pretty sure it's hacked.

Hawk Sirius
20th August 2013, 3:10 PM
I have a question about hack devices. One of my friends used PokeCreator to make a bunch of Shiny Pokemon, and she insists that it is not a hack/cheat. Would you say that it is a hack/cheat, or no.

Kevin24
20th August 2013, 3:37 PM
of course they are hacks. using third party devices to make pokemon is hacking

Cosmic Fury
20th August 2013, 4:00 PM
I've seen OT Kurt plenty of times on Pokecheck, but most are RNG'd pokemon from what I've observed. I doubt that Latias is legit, and even if it is, it's likely got so many clones out there that it isn't even funny.

QuoteMissy
20th August 2013, 4:02 PM
I've seen OT Kurt plenty of times on Pokecheck, but most are RNG'd pokemon from what I have seen. I doubt that Latias is legit, and even if it is, it's likely got so many clones out there that it isn't even funny.

OT Kurt is used by Kaphotics but most of his pokemon were found to be hacked like his shiny nature set of Jirachi.

Agonist
20th August 2013, 11:01 PM
OT Kurt is used by Kaphotics but most of his pokemon were found to be hacked like his shiny nature set of Jirachi.

That's mainly due to him being lazy. :p

He only hacked his Gen 5 stuff, though.

Demonslayer492
21st August 2013, 12:05 AM
Ok so my friend just got a used Black Version. I told him to give me all the details on anything that might be a hack. So this is the Shiny Clefable. Please tell me ^-^

OT: N
IDno: 43880
Nature: naive
characteristic: often dozes off
ability: magic guard
moves: metronome and focus blast
arrived at lvl 64
caught in poke ball
lvl 75
location sinnoh
stats ATK 134 DEF 185 Sp.ATK 155 Sp.DEF 146 speed 129

varanus_komodoensis
21st August 2013, 12:10 AM
Ok so my friend just got a used Black Version. I told him to give me all the details on anything that might be a hack. So this is the Shiny Clefable. Please tell me ^-^

OT: N
IDno: 43880
Nature: naive
characteristic: often dozes off
ability: magic guard
moves: metronome and focus blast
arrived at lvl 64
caught in poke ball
lvl 75
location sinnoh
stats ATK 134 DEF 185 Sp.ATK 155 Sp.DEF 146 speed 129

Just looking at the specs you've given, nothing is wrong with this Clefable. However, someone might know more about OT: N than I do.

Demonslayer492
21st August 2013, 12:14 AM
Just looking at the specs you've given, nothing is wrong with this Clefable. However, someone might know more about OT: N than I do.

I was thinking that. But it could be just someone named the character N in the other games. Im not fully sure. But thanks for now

Smeargle1987
21st August 2013, 12:55 AM
Does that Pokecreator device let you make legit Pokemon then?

Also,is it possible to breed these hacked critters to make a legit baby that would posses the same stats and moves/abilities as the mother and father?

QuoteMissy
21st August 2013, 12:57 AM
Does that Pokecreator device let you make legit Pokemon then?

Also,is it possible to breed these hacked critters to make a legit baby that would posses the same stats and moves/abilities as the mother and father?

Pokecreator? No way

Hacked parents can breed legal eggs but it's ethicly frowned upon

Smeargle1987
21st August 2013, 1:01 AM
Hmm interesting....;)

I thought Pokecreator was fooling the battle mechaic in game until very recently though?

dewey911p
21st August 2013, 1:16 AM
Hmm interesting....;)

I thought Pokecreator was fooling the battle mechaic in game until very recently though?

Fooling the battle mechanics? What do you mean by that?

Whatever you mean, it doesn't really matter because creating pokemon implies hacking. Even your wording implies that you thought/knew it was hacking since it had to "fool" the game.

The only way to get legitimate pokemon is to breed/catch them yourself. There are no shortcuts to this game (not that you need any).

100percent
21st August 2013, 1:47 AM
Thanks for helping guys :) Looks like I got a couple of bum pokemon :/ Time to release them! Lol

Smeargle1987
21st August 2013, 1:48 AM
No what I mean is that I heard that originally when Pokecreator came out,alot of those hacked Pokemon were getting through when used in random match ups etc.Maybe I didnt word it correctly:\

I would probably only ever use hacked Pokemon to use as breeding tools to get a legit pokemon with a move it couldnt otherwise learn etc then delete the fakes after.Does that make sense?

100percent
21st August 2013, 1:53 AM
Yes, but if a Pokémon is conceived by hacked/illegitimate genitals, then it is seen as only half-legit. Another way to look at half-legit is to say that if anyone knew, they would frown immediately.

Smeargle1987
21st August 2013, 1:55 AM
Yes, but if a Pokémon is conceived by hacked/illegitimate genitals, then it is seen as only half-legit. Another way to look at half-legit is to say that if anyone knew, they would frown immediately.

Hahaha hacked or illegitimate genitals:P

I guess so,I dont really dp "Official Tournaments" as much as I used to-mainly play against friends and occasional random matchup

100percent
21st August 2013, 1:59 AM
I typically stay away from competitive battles and stick to collecting the Pokémon. Occasionally I will find an interesting Pokémon or two, but like I found out today, they are sometimes hacked :(

Smeargle1987
21st August 2013, 2:06 AM
Yeah-Im not going to lie,I have got "hacked" Pokemon on my in game teams but I use legit ones for Random Matchups and competitive play.

When I say hacked for in game,I dont mean stupid things like Charizard knowing hydro pump etc,but getting moves and abilities they could only obtain in dream world etc.

Im abit OCD and like to have the best in game team I can,all with certain Pokeballs,move and abilities:)

FairyWitch
21st August 2013, 2:11 AM
I typically stay away from competitive battles and stick to collecting the Pokémon. Occasionally I will find an interesting Pokémon or two, but like I found out today, they are sometimes hacked :(

please understand that logic statement made no sense what does competitive battling have to do with being legal either way collecting or not hack stuff will always come back to being illegal and guys come on this is a hack check thread not a discussion thread...

BurningWhiteKyurem
21st August 2013, 2:21 AM

That's not how it works, if you take 2 hacked pokemon and breed them, the game is making the egg for you regardless of the fact that the two parents are hacked. So really, the egg is about as legit and legal as can be (unless the egg has illegal egg moves).

The only way for it to be considered hacked is if the player decided to bend the frameworks of the game's rules to create a certain egg (for doing something as stupid as getting a Latios egg from a male Snorlax and a female Snorlax).

100percent
21st August 2013, 2:27 AM
That's not how it works, if you take 2 hacked pokemon and breed them, the game is making the egg for you regardless of the fact that the two parents are hacked. So really, the egg is about as legit and legal as can be (unless the egg has illegal egg moves).

The only way for it to be considered hacked is if the player decided to bend the frameworks of the game's rules to create a certain egg (for doing something as stupid as getting a Latios egg from a male Snorlax and a female Snorlax).

I stand corrected :) I figured that the IVs, Nature, and Shiny status were determined by the parents, therefore giving an unfair advantage to those knowledgeable enough to manipulate the Pokémon games' breeding algorithm.

Smeargle1987
21st August 2013, 2:27 AM
Is there a thread we CAN discuss this in?

100percent
21st August 2013, 2:30 AM
Is there a thread we CAN discuss this in?
You could start one in the Pokémon Black and White Games Discussion section if you feel so inclined ;)

Smeargle1987
21st August 2013, 2:32 AM
You could start one in the Pokémon Black and White Games Discussion section if you feel so inclined ;)

Maybe it should be in a more General area as it encompasses all the games with the breeding mechanic that can be hacked?