PDA

View Full Version : Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Ellie
17th March 2011, 4:20 AM
Post here if you're not sure if your Pokemon is legitimate or not, or to help another user. Be sure to follow all other rules and use this form when posting:
Pokemon Species:
Nickname:
OT:
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno:
Shiny?:
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature:
Characteristic:
Ability:
Moves:
Level Caught at:
Current Level:
Stats:
Location Caught:
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

If you can provide a picture with this info and more, that would help out people checking.

Disclaimer: Remember, it is impossible for anyone to truly say a Pokemon is legit unless you caught it yourself. This thread can serve as a guide to tell you if a Pokemon is definitely hacked, or tell you if it looks legit, but hackers can make any Pokemon look legit with enough effort.

EDIT: Even if you're using PokeCheck to just check if a Pokemon is legit or not, please don't mention/link to it here as it's still deemed illegal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick ways to distinguish hacks:

Smogon's Tips for Simple Hack Checks
General Rules of Thumb for Distinguishing Hacked Pokemon:
Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid.
----Wild Pokemon with variable genders (including Heatran) caught in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum have 7 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, docile, hasty, modest, quirky, sassy, and timid. -----Wild Pokemon with variable genders caught in Heart Gold and Soul Silver have 6 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, docile, modest, quiet, sassy, and timid.
----The Shiny Gyarados that appears in the Lake of Rage in Heart Gold and Soul Silver can have any IV/nature combination.
----Shinies obtained through the Pokeradar in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum can have any IV/nature combination, but it still requires ID abuse, and is considered one of the most difficult types of Generation 4 abuse. In most cases, unless it's someone who's proven themselves capable of doing such an abuse, it's pretty safe to assume it's a hack.
----Wild Pokemon (excluding Legendaries) from Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald have 9 possible natures for 31/31/31/31/31/31. These are calm, careful, docile, hardy, lax, modest, naive, rash, and timid.
----Generation 4 wonder card events may have any combination of IVs and nature. However, almost every generation 4 event is locked to not be shiny. The only exceptions are Manaphy who can be hatched shiny by transferring the egg to another save file, caught Shaymin and Darkrai from the Platinum Member Card and Oak's Letter events, and always shiny events (Eevee, Pichu, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Milotic).
----Generation 3 wonder card style events cannot be RNG manipulated at all. This includes the Bonus Disc / Channel Jirachi (aka, any jirachi with Body Slam) and Extremespeed Zigzagoon. Any flawless variety of these Pokemon are almost certainly hacked.
----The Wish event Pokemon are virtually non existent. Any you see offered are almost certainly hacked.
----There are no restrictions on the IVs and nature of most 5th gen wonder cards, including most of the competitively relevant ones. However, nearly all are locked to not be shiny.
The following Pokemon cannot be shiny:
Celebi
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
----Legendaries caught in X and Y cannot be shiny.
----A Shiny mew must be Japanese, from Hoenn, and at least level 30 as the only way to obtain it was through the Old Sea Chart in emerald given out exclusively in Japan.
----The 2011 event Celebi should have the OT WIN2011. OT GAMESTP Celebi are from an unreleased event from the ripping of an unreleased wondercard rom and are hacked.
----Shiny Deoxys can only be obtained through the 3rd gen event item.
----Wild Arceus from Generation 4 are not obtainable as the event was never released.
----No Shadow Pokemon from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness can be shiny.
----Pokemon from the Dream World, Dream Radar, and Hidden Grottoes in the 5th gen games cannot be shiny.
----A Pokemon that does not normally have a premier ribbon attached from a special event is hacked. This is the result of improperly cloning through Pokecheck. However, this does not invalidate the legality of proper clones.
----Pokemon caught or bred on X and Y have "memories" that are checkable by an NPC outside the Anistar Pokemon Center, Pokemon brought over from previous generations (including those that have been hacked to look like they are from Kalos) and 6th gen events do not have memories and will say "The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember...".
Regarding apricorn balls:
----Only Pokemon obtainable in the Generation IV games Heart Gold and Soul Silver can be legitimately captured in an Apricorn ball. Transferring those Pokemon to Generation VI and breeding them will allow the offspring to have an Apricorn ball, along with any egg move combination, but they cannot have their hidden ability.

Credit goes to:
- Dark Ray
- Hozu
- TheMantyke
- Esmeya
- ProjectTitan313

Posted with permission from Nexus

Not sure if a Pokemon can be caught in a specific Poke Ball?: Click here (http://serebii.net/games/pokeball.shtml) for Serebii's Poke Ball database

Event information/database: Serebii's (http://serebii.net/events/) and Bulbapedia's (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_notable_ID_numbers)

FruitSalad
17th March 2011, 4:29 AM
Pokemon Species: Lucario
OT:JAMES
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 00498
It is Shiny
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Extreme Speed, Swords dance, Close combat, Counter
Level Caught at: Came from egg
Current Level: 51
Stats: Atk: 180, Def:92, Sp.Atk: 110, Sp.Def: 90, Speed: 118

DarumakkaImposter
17th March 2011, 4:58 AM
Nickname:MEGANIUM
OT:AUSTIN
OT Gender: Blue
IDno: 57523
Shiny?:nope
Characteristic: often lost in thought
Ability: Overgrow
Moves:Tackle, magical leaf,aromatherapy, poison powder
Level Caught at: (its from HG and its on white now
Current Level:50
Stats: Attack 100
Defense 107
Sp. Atk 89
Sp. Def 111
Speed 95
Location Caught: From HG
Egg?: IDK
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
Any other notes?:umm... no

ForeverFlame
17th March 2011, 5:03 AM
Nickname:MEGANIUM
OT:AUSTIN
IDno: 57523
Shiny?:nope
Characteristic: often lost in thought
Moves:Tackle, magical leaf,aromatherapy, poison powder
Level Caught at: (its from HG and its on white now
Stats: Attack 100
Defense 107
Sp. Atk 89
Sp. Def 111
Speed 95
Location Caught: From HG
Egg?: IDK
Any other notes?:umm... no

Starters can't be caught in Masterballs.

Skresh
17th March 2011, 5:34 AM

Well, technically, there CAN be Johto starters from Colosseum(Distant Land + Long travel through time) in master balls. But if it is infact from a HG game, yeah, you're right.

Why anyone would use a masterball I dunno, but if you had mutliple, ya might...

Just wanted to mention that. =U

Ditto_Dude
17th March 2011, 5:55 AM
It is Shiny

a shiny pokemon with a nature that benefits it just looks suspicious, not 100% but my guess it is

Falconx03
17th March 2011, 5:59 AM
It is Shiny

That looks fine to me. It is capable of being shiny and from an egg since Lucario can breed, it would hatch as Riolu but evolves through happiness. It can also learn all of those moves. If I missed something and someone else notices it as fake, then I apologize.

DarumakkaImposter
17th March 2011, 6:05 AM

o.0...i honestly dont know why i didnt notice that before. thanks for that though. ill release it now

DominusSapientia
17th March 2011, 7:55 AM
Nickname:Tepig
OT:Brent
IDno:39632
Shiny?: Yes its Shiny
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Nature:Gentle
Characteristic:Alert to sounds
Ability:Blaze
Moves:Tackle and Flame Charge
Level Caught at:1
Current Level:1
Stats:
Location Caught: Day-Care Couple, Route 3
Egg?:From an Egg
Pokeball Caught In: Default Pokeball.

A friend wanted me to check his two shinies, going to edit post with the other.

Nickname:Rhyhorn (apparently nicknamed that way/not capital)
OT:Wish
OT Gender: Female
IDno:07898
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Stealth Rock, Substitute, Aqua Tail, Rock Polish
Level Caught at: 1
Stats:7,7,4,5,5
Location Caught: Sinnoh "Apparently arrived at Lv.1"
Egg?: Unknown

This one doesn't seem legit even to me and I don't even know what to look for, but positive nature on a shiny just seems suspicious to me.

Rakurai
17th March 2011, 8:43 AM
A good first step to determining whether or not a shiny is hacked is to have it inspected by the judge at the Battle Subway, since many hackers like to take things a step further and give the Pokemon flawless IVs in every stat.

Lucario0708
17th March 2011, 8:01 PM
just because a shiny has a benefitting nature doesnt mean its hacked, using an everstone on one of the parents that has that nature during breeding = nature passed down, in fact many MM'ers do that

@dominussapientia(sp?): both pokemon look legit, both seem to have been bred, so i'd say they are legit

@fruitsalad: legit

@darumakkaimposter: thats not a good idea to release it, look at what skresh said, if its not along the lines of what he said, it's hacked stupid me, didn't see HG on there, so yes it's hacked

hydrasly
17th March 2011, 9:05 PM
Pokemon Species: Espeon
Nickname: In Japanese
OT: In Japanese
OT Gender: Rd
IDno: 32760
Shiny?: Yes
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psychic, Morning Sun, Curse, Yawn
Level Caught at: 1, seems to have came from an egg
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP: 272, Atk: 153, Defense: 156, SpAtk:298, SpDef: 226, speed: 281
Location Caught: Skyarrow Bridge (Again, seems to be from an egg)
Egg?: Seems like it.
Pokeball Caught In: N/A
Any other notes?: N/A

Falconx03
17th March 2011, 9:23 PM
Pokemon Species: Espeon
Nickname: In Japanese
OT: In Japanese
OT Gender: Rd
IDno: 32760
Moves: Psychic, Morning Sun, Curse, Yawn
Level Caught at: 1, seems to have came from an egg
Stats: HP: 272, Atk: 153, Defense: 156, SpAtk:298, SpDef: 226, speed: 281
Location Caught: Skyarrow Bridge (Again, seems to be from an egg)
Egg?: Seems like it.
Pokeball Caught In: N/A
Any other notes?: N/A

To me, that looks legit. Psychic and Morning Sun are Level Up moves while Curse and Yawn are both egg moves. I am not an expert on egg moves so I am not completely sure on how egg moves work, I only have novice knowledge on egg moves. But from what I got out of looking it up, Torkoal was egg moved to learn Yawn and knew Curse and then he was bred with whatever to make it hatch an Eevee with those two moves.

If it hatched as an egg and it says Sky Arrow Bridge it's probably because the bridge is very large and an ideal place to hatch eggs.

Thehackcatcher
17th March 2011, 10:07 PM
This reminds me of the good ol GTS Guardians i used to do with some people for gen 4 :) I will help out in anyway possible :D
Falcon is correct , that is a VERY rare and legit specimen you have there , shiny pokemon are hard to hack unless this person somehow made a program to hack pokemon for black and white (which currently does not exist) CONGRATS on your shiny pokemon :D it is indeed legit :P
EDIT: Wait did it say from an egg or caught on skyarrow bridge?

hydrasly
17th March 2011, 10:17 PM
Egg, Looks like it hatched on Skyarrow Bridge.

Thehackcatcher
17th March 2011, 10:18 PM
Egg, Looks like it hatched on Skyarrow Bridge.
its legit , congrats :D you got a very rare shiny pokemon

Juxta
17th March 2011, 10:23 PM
Dont the IDno's need to be Over 10000 and not anything below?

Black&White
17th March 2011, 10:48 PM
Nickname:Tepig
OT:Brent
IDno:39632
Nature:Gentle
Characteristic:Alert to sounds
Ability:Blaze
Moves:Tackle and Flame Charge
Level Caught at:1
Stats:
Location Caught: Day-Care Couple, Route 3
Egg?:From an Egg

A friend wanted me to check his two shinies, going to edit post with the other.

Nickname:Rhyhorn (apparently nicknamed that way/not capital)
OT:Wish
IDno:07898
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Stealth Rock, Substitute, Aqua Tail, Rock Polish
Stats:7,7,4,5,5
Location Caught: Sinnoh "Apparently arrived at Lv.1"
Egg?: Unknown

This one doesn't seem legit even to me and I don't even know what to look for, but positive nature on a shiny just seems suspicious to me.

I'm not 100% sure if the Tepig is legit or not, but why would somebody trade a very rare shiny like Tepig? It took me over 500 eggs to hatch mine, so I know I wouldn't trade it for anything, so my guess is it's hacked.

Marvs
17th March 2011, 10:54 PM
If someone is new to the game they may not even know what a shiny is, and tepig isn't that different in its first form.

Jessie Mulay
18th March 2011, 3:41 AM
I'm not 100% sure if the Tepig is legit or not, but why would somebody trade a very rare shiny like Tepig? It took me over 500 eggs to hatch mine, so I know I wouldn't trade it for anything, so my guess is it's hacked.

He said his friend wanted him to check them for him. Also, some MM'ers have gotten Shiny Starters in less than 100 eggs.

Lucario0708
18th March 2011, 4:49 AM
just because you wouldn't give away a shiny starter doesn't mean others would

its legit

Tigeon
18th March 2011, 6:34 AM
I'm like 50% sure this was hacked. Traded from some guy on another forum. It seemed too easy to get....
Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname:None
OT: Alamos (This is in red letters, with a red pokedex number, is this something i should be worried about?)
OT Gender: none?
IDno: 05318
EV's: (if known) 5 hp 4 atk 4 def 0 sp att 0 sp def 1 speed
IV's: (if known) 26 hp 7 att 15 def 29 sp atk 18 sp def and 15 spd
Nature: Careful nature (reduces special def, increase special attack) This made me worried
Characteristic:
Ability:very finicky
Moves:roar of time, spacial rend, nightmare, hypnosis
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 50, but i was sure it said level 40 full moon island before i traded? I dont know, maybe my memory is failing.
Current Level: 50
Stats:99 attack, 103 defense, 138 special att, 113 sp def, 137 speed
Location Caught: Fateful encounter now?
Egg?: no egg
Pokeball Caught In:I dont know, its a completely red ball
Any other notes?: I really hope this isnt hacked, but a lot of things seem weird about it, The red name of the OT and dex number, it being in a completely red ball (however, it does have gift ribbon 1, classic ribbon) and it has a beneficial nature and is shiny...)

Thanks for all your help!

Red421
18th March 2011, 7:41 AM
looks to be legit Tigeon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_2008#Toys_. 22R.22_Us_Darkrai grats lotta work to get that guy in shiny i'm sure

Final
18th March 2011, 7:49 AM
I'm like 50% sure this was hacked. Traded from some guy on another forum. It seemed too easy to get....
Pokemon Species: Darkrai
OT: Alamos (This is in red letters, with a red pokedex number, is this something i should be worried about?)
IDno: 05318
EV's: (if known) 5 hp 4 atk 4 def 0 sp att 0 sp def 1 speed
IV's: (if known) 26 hp 7 att 15 def 29 sp atk 18 sp def and 15 spd
Nature: Careful nature (reduces special def, increase special attack) This made me worried
Characteristic:
Ability:very finicky
Moves:roar of time, spacial rend, nightmare, hypnosis
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 50, but i was sure it said level 40 full moon island before i traded? I dont know, maybe my memory is failing.
Stats:99 attack, 103 defense, 138 special att, 113 sp def, 137 speed
Location Caught: Fateful encounter now?
Pokeball Caught In:I dont know, its a completely red ball
Any other notes?: I really hope this isnt hacked, but a lot of things seem weird about it, The red name of the OT and dex number, it being in a completely red ball (however, it does have gift ribbon 1, classic ribbon) and it has a beneficial nature and is shiny...)

Thanks for all your help!

The Pokeball it's in is a Cherish Ball which is the Pokeball event Pokemon are given out in. At least the ones from Diamond and Pearl onwards. Since it's shiny however, it's hacked because events can't be shiny unless they're given out as Shinies like the Crown Beasts (Entei, Suicune and Raikou). Also, Careful is not a beneficial Nature for Darkrai as it boosts Special Defense and reduces Special Attack. Not the other way round.

Red421
18th March 2011, 7:57 AM
The Pokeball it's in is a Cherish Ball which is the Pokeball event Pokemon are given out in. At least the ones from Diamond and Pearl onwards. Since it's shiny however, it's hacked because events can't be shiny unless they're given out as Shinies like the Crown Beasts (Entei, Suicune and Raikou). Also, Careful is not a beneficial Nature for Darkrai as it boosts Special Defense and reduces Special Attack. Not the other way round.

cherish ball was trying to remember the name ...event pokemon can be shiny by way of resetting until it shows up as one and not all event pokemon have set natures ...the most recent celebi for example.

Final
18th March 2011, 8:32 AM
cherish ball was trying to remember the name ...event pokemon can be shiny by way of resetting until it shows up as one and not all event pokemon have set natures ...the most recent celebi for example.

I know that not all events have set Natures otherwise I'd probably be stuck with 3 Darkrai's with horrible Natures however unless the event is one where you interact with the Pokemon like with the Member Card or Oaks Letter events, I'm pretty sure they can't legitimately be shiny unless they're meant to be shiny or programmed so they can be shiny.

NoDice
18th March 2011, 11:25 AM
This reminds me of the good ol GTS Guardians i used to do with some people for gen 4 :) I will help out in anyway possible :D
Falcon is correct , that is a VERY rare and legit specimen you have there , shiny pokemon are hard to hack unless this person somehow made a program to hack pokemon for black and white (which currently does not exist) CONGRATS on your shiny pokemon :D it is indeed legit :P
EDIT: Wait did it say from an egg or caught on skyarrow bridge?

Actually, not trying to burst your heroic bubble, but...

Shiny Pokemon are not hard to hack. At all. Legitimate shiny Pokemon are easily hacked using Pokesav or PokeGen. The latter is made specifically FOR hacking Pokemon (legitimite or otherwise). Both of these programs ARE compatible with Black and White/ AR DSi and AR DS. Do some research.

The only telltale way to know if a Pokemon is hacked is if it has EVs or pre set stats beyond what is allowable. If the Pokemon is allowed online(which it wouldnt be if its stats were illegal in any way), then nobody should waste their time worrying as there is no way to know.

Leopoldos
18th March 2011, 12:14 PM
I got two legendares(shaymin and deoxys) and i am not sure that are legit!
Pokemon Species:SHAYMIN
OT: Sam (This is in red letters)
IDno: 18217
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known) unknown
IV's: (if known) unknown
Nature: Sassy nature (reduces speed, increase special def)
Characteristic: Thoroughly cunning.
Ability:Nature Cure
Moves:Growth, Magical leaf, Leech seed, Synthesis
Level Caught at: Apparently had a fateful encounter at level 30
Current Level: 30
Stats:68 attack, 68 defense, 73 special att, 80 sp def, 63 speed
Location Caught: Flower Paradise
Pokeball Caught In:Master ball
Any other notes?:(received date Mar.3,2011)

Pokemon Species: DEOXYS (defensive form)
OT: SLINKY (This is in blue letters)
IDno: 06259
EV's: (if known) Unknown
IV's: (if known) Unknown
Nature: Docile nature
Characteristic: Loves to eat
Ability:Pressure
Moves:Knock Off, Pursuit, Psychic, Swift
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 30.
Current Level: 34
Stats:55 attack, 117 defense, 59 special att, 116 sp def, 71 speed
Location Caught: Hoenn
Pokeball Caught In:Ultra Ball
Any other notes?:none.
Thank you very much!!! :)

NoDice
18th March 2011, 12:30 PM
They both seem ok. Both are non mystery gift, caught in game.

Hydrogen
18th March 2011, 3:10 PM
People, this will help you determine if a shiny is legit or not. Look up an IV calculator and then plug those in. Flawless stats are bred for so nobody needs to think that because a pokemon has flawless stats that it is hacked. I have a few flawless pokemon from eggs that are my battle pokemon with beneficial natures. Does that mean they are hacked? Not in the least. Telltale signs of hacked pokemon are incorrect pokeballs, moves that cannot be learned and caught at incorrect routes. Event pokemon also have telltale signs. Just because a pokemon looks good does not mean it is hacked.

Take my Hydreigon for example.

Timid Nature
Egg recieved 3/15/2011
Route 3
Egg Apparently Hatched
Capable of taking hits

HP: 325 (IV 31)
Attack: 205 (Unknown)
Sp Attack: 349 (IV 31)
Sp. Def: 212 (IV 29-30)
Speed: 324 (IV 31)

Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, U-Turn
1 egg move and 2 TM moves and 1 learned move, bred for. Caught in pokeball.

Xman96
18th March 2011, 3:19 PM
Plus if it came from a 4th gen. game and it is shiny, flawless, and has a beneficial nature the person could have just RNG'ed for it. Now if it came from B&W that would be a different story.

Mike Breezy
18th March 2011, 7:09 PM
Pokemon Species: Mew
Nickname: None
OT: CHRIS
IDno: 46841
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Likes to relax.
Moves: Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Protect, Shadow Ball.
Level Caught at: Idk, arrived at lvl 70 though.
Stats: Att 242 Def 229 Sp. Atk 275 Sp. Def 221 Speed 209
Egg?: None
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: I got this a long time ago, and I was just wondering about it. Coming from Hoenn made it look legit, but with the Quiet nature, it made me wonder.

DarumakkaImposter
18th March 2011, 7:11 PM
OT: CHRIS
IDno: 46841
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Likes to relax.
Moves: Psychic, Sludge Bomb, Protect, Shadow Ball.
Level Caught at: Idk, arrived at lvl 70 though.
Stats: Att 242 Def 229 Sp. Atk 275 Sp. Def 221 Speed 209
Egg?: None
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Any other notes?: I got this a long time ago, and I was just wondering about it. Coming from Hoenn made it look legit, but with the Quiet nature, it made me wonder.

if its not an event then its gotta be a hack

Black&White
18th March 2011, 7:11 PM
just because you wouldn't give away a shiny starter doesn't mean others would

its legit

You can't say it's legit for sure. If you believe it is, great, enjoy the shiny, but it'll never be 100% unless you found it yourself or you saw somebody find it.

Mike Breezy
18th March 2011, 7:14 PM
if its not an event then its gotta be a hack

But wasn't there an event in Emerald where you could go to Faraway Island and catch Mew there?

Marvs
18th March 2011, 7:28 PM
Couple of Mews, just thought I would ask now that I have seen the thread!
Nickname: n/a
OT: M.A.
IDno: 63711
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Quick to flee. Happily eats anything.
Moves: Psychic, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw, Metronome
Level Caught at: Unknown (Hoenn - Arrived at Lv. 71.) I got this one on pearl.
Current Level: 71
Stats: Att-180 Def-164 Sp.Att-171 Sp.Def-158 Speed-167
Location Caught: Unknown - caught on Sep. 30, 2007 I believe
Egg?: n/a
Any other notes?: has Champion Ribbon

OT: Matheus
IDno: 22399
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Alert to sounds. Likes dry food.
Ability: Synchronise
Moves: Aura Sphere, Metronome, Thunder, Ice Beam
Level Caught at: Unknown (Kanto - Arrived at Lv. 100) Again, I got this one on my pearl cart.
Stats: Att-190 Def-232 Sp.Att-325 Sp.Def-233 Speed-268
Location Caught: Unknown - Caught on Jul. 2, 2008 I believe.
Pokeball Caught In: UltraBall
Any other notes?: It has had Pokerus, it also has 15 Ribbons, lots of Hoenn contest wins, Effort Ribbon, Sinnoh Champ Ribbon, Champion Ribbon.

I remember getting the second and thinking noway, fake. But I could have just been incredibly lucky! Hopefully you guys may have some idea :)

Red421
18th March 2011, 7:29 PM
But wasn't there an event in Emerald where you could go to Faraway Island and catch Mew there?

first thing that came to my mind as well.

Black&White
18th March 2011, 7:48 PM
Couple of Mews, just thought I would ask now that I have seen the thread!
OT: M.A.
IDno: 63711
EV's: n/a
IV's: n/a
Characteristic: Quick to flee. Happily eats anything.
Moves: Psychic, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw, Metronome
Level Caught at: Unknown (Hoenn - Arrived at Lv. 71.) I got this one on pearl.
Current Level: 71
Stats: Att-180 Def-164 Sp.Att-171 Sp.Def-158 Speed-167
Location Caught: Unknown - caught on Sep. 30, 2007 I believe
Any other notes?: has Champion Ribbon

OT: Matheus
IDno: 22399
Characteristic: Alert to sounds. Likes dry food.
Ability: Synchronise
Moves: Aura Sphere, Metronome, Thunder, Ice Beam
Level Caught at: Unknown (Kanto - Arrived at Lv. 100) Again, I got this one on my pearl cart.
Stats: Att-190 Def-232 Sp.Att-325 Sp.Def-233 Speed-268
Location Caught: Unknown - Caught on Jul. 2, 2008 I believe.
Pokeball Caught In: UltraBall
Any other notes?: It has had Pokerus, it also has 15 Ribbons, lots of Hoenn contest wins, Effort Ribbon, Sinnoh Champ Ribbon, Champion Ribbon.

I remember getting the second and thinking noway, fake. But I could have just been incredibly lucky! Hopefully you guys may have some idea :)

These Mews are hacked. The only Mews made available are the MYSTRY OT and the wifi one last October. I know about the Emerald Mew, but they never gave out that event, so even if these were from the Islands, the Island ticket was hacked.

Marvs
18th March 2011, 7:50 PM
Hmm, yeah I did a bit of research and saw some people saying they have shinys from the emerald event, but I'm guessing they are lying or hacked the event item! The recent level 5 Mew release, can that be shiny?

Mike Breezy
18th March 2011, 7:54 PM
These Mews are hacked. The only Mews made available are the MYSTRY OT and the wifi one last October. I know about the Emerald Mew, but they never gave out that event, so even if these were from the Islands, the Island ticket was hacked.

Well, looks my Mew was hacked then.. :(
Oh well, Mew wasn't ever my favorite Pokemon anyway. :D

Marvs
18th March 2011, 7:56 PM
Well, looks my Mew was hacked then.. :(
Oh well, Mew wasn't ever my favorite Pokemon anyway. :D

Yeah I kinda got hopeful, but then found out the event never happened... so even if they were SR for the item to get to them was hacked.

Black&White
18th March 2011, 8:48 PM
Hmm, yeah I did a bit of research and saw some people saying they have shinys from the emerald event, but I'm guessing they are lying or hacked the event item! The recent level 5 Mew release, can that be shiny?

Event pokemon cannot be shiny unless they are programmed to be shiny. I wish the could though as I'd love a shiny Mew.

Marvs
18th March 2011, 8:52 PM
Event pokemon cannot be shiny unless they are programmed to be shiny. I wish the could though as I'd love a shiny Mew.

Yeah, just wasn't sure about that one as you could reset for natures!

Lorde
18th March 2011, 9:05 PM
I got this Shiny Entei in a trade and I'd like to know if it's legitimate.

Pokemon Species: Entei
Nickname: ENTEI
OT: GAMESTP
IDno: 01171
EV's: Idk
IV's: Idk
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Flare Blitz, Howl, Extremespeed, Crush Claw
Level Caught at: 30
Stats: HP 109, ATK 90, DEF 58, SP ATK 54, SP DEF 53, SPD 73
Location Caught: Had a fateful encounter at a special place.
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: The Pokemon memo says "It's a Legendary Pokemon. Try taking it to Lostlorn Forest."

Dasdardly
18th March 2011, 9:07 PM
I got this Shiny Entei in a trade and I'd like to know if it's legitimate.

Pokemon Species: Entei
Nickname: ENTEI
IDno: 01171
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Moves: Flare Blitz, Howl, Extremespeed, Crush Claw
Level Caught at: 30
Stats: HP 109, ATK 90, DEF 58, SP ATK 54, SP DEF 53, SPD 73
Location Caught: Had a fateful encounter at a special place.
Any other notes?: The Pokemon memo says "It's a Legendary Pokemon. Try taking it to Lostlorn Forest."

Its legit. I've got the same one.

Hydrogen
18th March 2011, 9:33 PM
It is indeed legit

UStrainer40137
18th March 2011, 9:40 PM
I got this shiny on GTS (It's Japanese), it looks legit, but I'm making sure.
Name: Kyurem
Nickname: Airisu (Iris' JP name)
OT/ID (in blue) Genosekuto, 64231
Poké Ball used: Master Ball
Nature: Relaxed
Current Level: 100 (recieved in trade at Lv100)
Stats: HP 387, Atk 306, Def 238, SpAtk 291, SpDef 211, Speed 225
EVs/IVs: IDK, but I got it from GTS, so they're within legal parameters.
Moves: Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Fly.

Let me know if I missed any info, and of course Kyurem's legitimacy.

Tamaku
18th March 2011, 9:57 PM

Doesn't look hacked. Giant chasm IS where you catch Kyurem. and you DO catch Kyurem at level 75,
It's moves look legit.

Mine:
Name: Eevee
Nickname: EEVEE (Because its from D/P/Pt.)
OT/ID (in red): timb
Poké Ball used: Luxury Ball
Nature: Quirky
Current Level: 16
Stats: HP 43, Atk 26, Def 25, SpAtk 21, SpDef 29, Speed 23
EVs/IVs: IDK.
Moves: Tail whip, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack and growl.
It's shiny, too.

Legit or not?

Dasdardly
18th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Doesn't look hacked. Giant chasm IS where you catch Kyurem. and you DO catch Kyurem at level 75,
It's moves look legit.

Mine:
Name: Eevee
Nickname: EEVEE (Because its from D/P/Pt.)
OT/ID (in red): timb
Poké Ball used: Luxury Ball
Nature: Quirky
Current Level: 16
Stats: HP 43, Atk 26, Def 25, SpAtk 21, SpDef 29, Speed 23
EVs/IVs: IDK.
Moves: Tail whip, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack and growl.
It's shiny, too.

Legit or not?

Trophy garden Eevee, lucky, but legit.

Tigeon
18th March 2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks so much for your help on the darkrai guys! After further research, I found out mines legit because it came from the Toys R Us giveaway!But Now i got a new problem...

This deoxys i got from the GTS. Everything seems allright at a glance, but soemthings been nagging me. Here are the specifics

OT: Its in Japenese letters? I think, all i know its not in English
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) It is blue (so male)
IDno: 50256
EV's: (if known) 0- This is the biggest problem i see, it has No EV at all
IV's: (if known)3 hp/13 att/0 def/21 sp att/22 sp def/1 speed
Nature:Quiet
Characteristic: Strongly Defiant
Ability: Pressue
Moves: Taunt, Zap Cannon, Hyper Beam, Psycho Boost
Level Caught at: Apparently Arrived at lvl 50?
Stats:Normal Mode - 111 hp, 161 att, 55 def, 181 sp att, 66 sp def, 139 speed
Location Caught: Kanto?
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball < Something that seems off as well.
Any other notes?: Worried about this for several reasons. Friends told me that the only deoxys that was catchable was the one from 3rd gen sereies, and it was at level 30. If it gained 20 levels, it had to be have some EV gained (unless the guy used 20 rare candies) Don't know if other countries held other events that made deoxys catchable? But the OT is in a completly different language...

Thanks for the help in advance!

Dasdardly
18th March 2011, 11:03 PM
How do you know it has no EVs?

Lucario0708
18th March 2011, 11:17 PM
the deoxys looks legit, the guy probably did rare candy it, but i'm still kinda doubtful on it

RifleAvenger
18th March 2011, 11:30 PM
I'm guessing that any Pokemon with a blank for its place of origin is hacked right? One of my tryranitars I got back in fourth gen now has a black line through where its place of origin should be.

Tigeon
19th March 2011, 12:24 AM
How do you know it has no EVs?

Oh i just tested it by buying those nutrients like zinc and carbos, etc. The deoxys took 10 of everything and 1 into hp, which gave it a total of 510 EV total not used. (of course i resetted my game so its back to 0 EV used)

Still doenst change the fact that it apparently gained 20 levels without any EV if it was caught in 3rd gen. I dont know, could deoxys even be used in stuff like battle tower and battle frontier? That would explain why the person would want it to be 50.

Tidus21
19th March 2011, 12:26 AM
I got this through the gts and wanna see if it's legit or hacked =/

Metagross
OT: nimz
OT gender: red
ID: 36737
Shiny: yes
Nature: hardy
Characterizes: steel, psychic
Ability: clear body
Moves: hammer arm, meteor mash, zen headbutt,hyper beam
Level caught: arrived at 98
Now:100
Stats: hp-302
Attack-326
Defense: 284
Sp.attack- 219
Sp def-225
Speed-171
Masterball =/

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 12:40 AM
I have a quick, kind of stupid, question. I thought that (at least in america) they programmed the Pokemon Black and White games so that they can't be hacked. Is what I heard wrong?

Dreamcoat
19th March 2011, 12:49 AM

Metagross
Attack-326
Sp.attack- 219
Sp def-225
Speed-171
Masterball =/
Beldum appeared as a Swarm PKMN in Sinnoh, got my own shiny one that way.

Rakurai
19th March 2011, 1:32 AM
I have a quick, kind of stupid, question. I thought that (at least in america) they programmed the Pokemon Black and White games so that they can't be hacked. Is what I heard wrong?

Completely wrong.

At least judging from all the talk of hacking the game on the other forums.

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 1:38 AM
Thanks. :)

Jessie Mulay
19th March 2011, 2:14 AM
Black and Whites' GTS has hack detection, sort of.

If you hacked a pokemon on Black and White, then you won't be able to put it on GTS.

If you hacked a pokemon on other games (D,P,Pt,Hg,Ss), and transfer it to B&W, then it will be able to be put onto GTS.

Dreamcoat
19th March 2011, 2:17 AM
Black and Whites' GTS has hack detection, sort of.

If you hacked a pokemon on Black and White, then you won't be able to put it on GTS.

If you hacked a pokemon on other games (D,P,Pt,Hg,Ss), and transfer it to B&W, then it will be able to be put onto GTS.
That's funny, because I tried that with an Arceus which I know FOR SURE was hacked on Pearl and it denied it. I KNOW it's Arceus, but it seems like according to your logic that I should be able to trade it.

Just saying.

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 2:18 AM
GTS people make me so mad when they ask for a Reshiram Lv. 9 or something cause it clogs the GTS. :(

Jessie Mulay
19th March 2011, 2:18 AM
That's funny, because I tried that with an Arceus which I know FOR SURE was hacked on Pearl and it denied it.

I KNOW it's Arceus, but it seems like according to your logic that I should be able to trade it.

Well, it's Arceus.

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 2:25 AM
What is Arceus' deal? =/

Dreamcoat
19th March 2011, 2:27 AM
Well, it's Arceus.
As previously mentioned, I know ;)

What is Arceus' deal? =/
Untradeable except via Union Room. Not sure about Wi-Fi though.

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 2:29 AM
That's okay he's easily defeat-able! and at the same time I wish they would fix it

Dreamcoat
19th March 2011, 2:36 AM
That's okay he's easily defeat-able! and at the same time I wish they would fix it
LOL, and we'd get 6541846556 fakes?

No thanks!

mychemro
19th March 2011, 2:37 AM
Pokemon Species:Zoroark
Nickname:
OT:It's in Japanese...
OT Gender: IDno:46478
Nature: Mild
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Illusion
Moves:Night Daze, Flamethrower, U-turn, Shadow Ball
Level Caught at: Hatched from Egg
Current Level: 78
Stats:219,212,111,258,129,212
Location Caught:
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: I got mine at level 55 on GTS Negotiation

Lorde
19th March 2011, 2:49 AM
I got this Celebi in a trade and I'd like to know if it's legitimate. Any help is appreciated.

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: CELEBI
OT Gender: Red
IDno: 02271
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Level Caught at: 50
Stats: Hp 170, Atk 119, Def 116, Sp Atk 118, Sp Def 103, Spd 118
Location Caught: Fateful Encounter
Any other notes?: The Pokemom memo says "It finally met its friend Zorua at Castelia City safely."

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 3:12 AM
I got this Celebi in a trade and I'd like to know if it's legitimate. Any help is appreciated.

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: CELEBI
IDno: 02271
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Moves: Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish
Stats: Hp 170, Atk 119, Def 116, Sp Atk 118, Sp Def 103, Spd 118
Location Caught: Fateful Encounter
Any other notes?: The Pokemom memo says "It finally met its friend Zorua at Castelia City safely."

I say legit

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 3:14 AM
LOL, and we'd get 6541846556 fakes?

No thanks!

LOL, too funny!
I have a few Japanese event ones on my Platinum

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 3:27 AM
I don't understand why hacked Pokemon are so bad. It's probably just a matter of opinion, but I don't think hacked Pokemon are all that bad...

Zaindix
19th March 2011, 3:31 AM
I don't understand why hacked Pokemon are so bad. It's probably just a matter of opinion, but I don't think hacked Pokemon are all that bad...

I agree, I killed articuno, so I used hacks to rebattle it and was able to catch it.

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 3:42 AM
Yeah, the only way I got an Arceus was through hacks. I have friends who hack. I've gotten a SHINY Arceus via a hack. Plus, my favorite Pokemon is Ho-oh, and I got a Shiny Ho-oh from a hack. It can ruin games, but that's only if you're not careful.

Fan
19th March 2011, 4:24 AM
Idk personally i find alot to be wrong with hacks. First problem being obviously safety issues(it doesnt matter if your "careful"). The far bigger problem for me though is that its still cheating no matter how glorified or just you try to make your motive.

Its cheap and speaks volumes of the persons character imo. A person who hacks is also the majority of the time the same person who stacks their team with legendaries and thinks its cool that they are doing so good(hmm wonder why lol). Both these things just make you appear lazy and cheap.

Hacking for a pokemon you really want but cant get otherwise is a bit more commendable and i dont have any disrespect for people that do this but still disagree with it for the most part

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 4:37 AM
By 'careful' I meant carefully type in the codes or download them. Get the codes from good sites - there are ways to easily evaluate whether a site is valid or not. Using an AR or other cheating device - I know you're taking a risk.
As for how I hack...
1. I don't hack until I've beaten the Elite Four at least twice, and tried to capture every legendary on the game, and tried to hatch shiny Pokemon or search GTS.
2. I love legendaries and shinys. (But don't we all?)
3. I, for one, don't cheat that often, and often times I give hacked Pokemon away to those who want them.
So, that's my argument, but it may only apply to me and a few others. (Plus, I would never use hacked Pokemon in an official championship.)

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 5:02 AM
Hacking is something that gets a rap. Hacked pokemon can be very cheap or they can just be something to make the game more fun for you. People have made insanely strong pokemon and some people just like to run through things and catch Gary's pokemon for the lolz. :P

Fan
19th March 2011, 5:07 AM
By 'careful' I meant carefully type in the codes or download them. Get the codes from good sites - there are ways to easily evaluate whether a site is valid or not. Using an AR or other cheating device - I know you're taking a risk.
As for how I hack...
1. I don't hack until I've beaten the Elite Four at least twice, and tried to capture every legendary on the game, and tried to hatch shiny Pokemon or search GTS.
Regardless the reason, it is still cheating and when you paid money for the game you were paying gamefreak for the product which they spent countless hours creating for your enjoyment. I hardly think they want you to be manipulating their game for such trivial things. Its just sort of disrespectful to the people who brought you the game in the first place
2. I love legendaries and shinys. (But don't we all?)
Of Course i like legendaries but using them is just cheap and way too easy. It shows a real lack of creativity when it comes to battling. Spamming everybody with super powerful attacks from pokemon that are just statistically superior is lame.
3. I, for one, don't cheat that often, and often times I give hacked Pokemon away to those who want them.
Thats all good and well but like i said earlier, i do find some reasons for hacking to be logical like say you have no wifi and cant get a pokemon that is only available through an event but i just dont personally agree with it.

So, that's my argument, but it may only apply to me and a few others. (Plus, I would never use hacked Pokemon in an official championship.)

Answers in Bold.

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 5:14 AM
Again, I'm not a big-time cheater, and I bought my AR fairly recently. A few months back, so I don't hack a lot of games, and I don't think I'll hack B&W at all. I had my fun with HG and Platinum. Don't tell me I disrespect Gamefreak. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but understand my point, and the fact that I don't cheat big-time.

Zaindix
19th March 2011, 5:22 AM
I also only used it to battle the event pkmn, but you already said that you find that a bit rasonable, and i for one, dont spam legendaries... I spam starters and overlooked pokemon.

Fan
19th March 2011, 5:26 AM
Again, I'm not a big-time cheater, and I bought my AR fairly recently. A few months back, so I don't hack a lot of games, and I don't think I'll hack B&W at all. I had my fun with HG and Platinum. Don't tell me I disrespect Gamefreak. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but understand my point, and the fact that I don't cheat big-time.

Hacking their game is Disrespectful, doesnt matter how you slice it. You keep trying to justify your hacking because you only do it a little bit lol and you dont seem to understand that in my eyes it doesnt change my opinion. Just because you do something a little bit doesnt make it ok.

I only steal sometimes so because im not doing it all the time, those few times that i do are now justified and righteous right? See the failed logic?

I also only used it to battle the event pkmn, but you already said that you find that a bit rasonable, and i for one, dont spam legendaries... I spam starters and overlooked pokemon.

Yes and why i dont agree with doing that myself, i can see the point of doing so for some people. Noting wrong with starters and overlooked pokemon :)

Final
19th March 2011, 5:31 AM

The problem with hacking is that it is essentially taking a shortcut in many aspects. For example, getting stuff with perfect Natures as well as perfect IVs and perfect Hidden Power IVs (if required), shinies that some people soft reset for thousands of times over. Competitively when it comes to IVs, Natures and whatnot, it is a slap in the face to people who spend a very long time IV breeding their Pokemon to perfection (not what I do since I just breed for the IVs that matter to me (Attack and Speed for a Physical sweeper for example) and I try to avoid Hidden Powers since they're a pain in the neck to get with a good type and base power while still maintaining a good IV spread for the Pokemon) and resetting for Legendaries that have perfect IVs. From a trade standpoint, you're essentially ripping someone off when you're trading something that is hacked for something that is probably a very rare event Pokemon or something someone spent a very long time IV breeding to perfection. I for one wouldn't knowingly trade a hacked Pokemon for a legitimately obtained one. If I were to trade a hacked one as in one cleverly disguised as a legit one then it isn't my fault. Whoever traded it to me in the first place would be the one at fault. When it comes to an obviously hacked Pokemon, I would know if it's hacked and would definately not trade it.

If it were for say the fact you didn't have WiFi for a WiFi event or lived hours away from an in-life event then it would probably be understandable. Not necessarily justifyable though since it is still hacking.

Fan
19th March 2011, 5:42 AM
In the long run though, i dont let it bother me too much seeing those who hack pokemon because after all it is a childrens video game and alot of the fan base are going to act...well childish.

While i consider hacking for shinies and other trivial matters very immature Also showing a poor work ethic where the hacker wants everything handed to him with no effort on his or her part. I just dont really expect much more, kids grow up, and learn it really isnt cool like they thought. Its all just a maturity and laziness issue imo(barring the no wifi issue which is a seperate case)

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 5:52 AM
Pokemon, as in life as well. All things can be bought, as in real life. I don't want to get into this discussion, but I will say that there are a few instances in which it is useful. That's it, and now we can all agree to disagree? :) I am neither for nor against it

Fan
19th March 2011, 6:01 AM
Lol ive been at i dont give a **** stand point from the beginning but that guy decided to take offense to my statement not directed at anybody(guilty conscious maybe;) lol) anid then try to give me orders so figured id say a little more. I agree though, its a pointless discussion seeing as nobody is going to change how they do things regardless

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 6:09 AM
Lol, well I think it's just a part of pokelife. ;) I'll be more than happy to offer my opinion on hacked pokemon here regardless

Fan
19th March 2011, 6:13 AM
I agree but i also think it shouldnt be. It just devalues legitimate pokemon but thats a discussion for another day and a different place. I suppose its best we just stay on topic

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 6:15 AM
Agreed Fan and so we shall lol. Someone give me pokes to judge! :K

Tidus21
19th March 2011, 1:31 PM
My metagross in page 3 XD

Final
19th March 2011, 1:54 PM
My metagross in page 3 XD

Metagross
Attack-326
Sp.attack- 219
Sp def-225
Speed-171
Masterball =/

It seems legit.

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 2:52 PM
That's not legit I don't think. Who would use their only masterball on a metagross or beldum in the sandstorm area?

Final
19th March 2011, 3:08 PM
That's not legit I don't think. Who would use their only masterball on a metagross or beldum in the sandstorm area?

Well it is shiny and Beldum has the same catch rate as most of the difficult to capture Legendaries. Still, for all we know, the original trainer could have simply used a shiny cheat or something to make it appear shiny or it could well be legitimate.

NoDice
19th March 2011, 3:13 PM

Its extremely hard to chain in sandstorm, or at least harder than usual, AND Beldum has a capture rate of 3. Would you use a masterball on a shiny legendary that only has struggle and would kill itself eventuallly? Beldums only know Take Down, so its perfectly logical to NOT miss the chance to catch it with a Master Ball. Legit.
EDIT: Ninja'd a bit.

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 3:43 PM
Ah I forgot about the take down factor. Thank you for correcting me

MastersOfMonsters
19th March 2011, 4:39 PM
I got a Shiny Lugia(;249;) online, and i'm wondering if it's Hacked or not...

Name: LUGIA
OT: Viro
ID No. 04579
Exp. Points: 1250000
Shiny: Yes
Types: Psychc/Flying
Moves: Giga Impact, Sky Attack, Aeroblast, Future Sight
Level Caught: arrived at Lv. 100.
HP: 349
Attack: 204
Defense: 279
S.Att: 170
S.Def: 334
Speed: 245
Caught With: Master Ball.

Is it Legit? Or Hacked? :confused:

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 5:22 PM

Masterballs where quite easy to come by in the 4th gen games. Just trade with enough people to get a large spread of OT numbers, then play the lottery each day. I got a masterball in platinum on average once every 10 days or so. Very useful when hunting shinies.

lewey1988
19th March 2011, 5:23 PM
Name: Bulbasaur
OT: RAZIA
ID No. 24977
Exp. Points: 164
Nature: Brave
Types: Grass/Poison
Moves: Tackle, Growl
Level Caught: Apparently arrived at Lv. 4
HP: 20
Attack: 12
Defense: 11
S.Att: 11
S.Def: 11
Speed: 8
Caught With: Masterball

Name: Oshawott
OT: (Japanese Name)
ID No. 03655
Exp. Points: 240
Nature: Calm
Types: Water
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
Level Caught: Egg apparently hatched.
HP: 25
S.Att: 15
S.Def: 12
Speed: 12
Caught With: Pokeball.

are these hacked?

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 5:29 PM
Name: Bulbasaur
OT: RAZIA
ID No. 24977
Exp. Points: 164
Nature: Brave
Types: Grass/Poison
Moves: Tackle, Growl
Level Caught: Apparently arrived at Lv. 4
HP: 20
S.Att: 11
S.Def: 11
Speed: 8
Caught With: Masterball

ID No. 03655

are these hacked?

The first one is. Any starter caught in a master ball is a hack.

Pokedex101
19th March 2011, 5:31 PM
Nickname: Zoroark in Japanese
OT: Japanese
IDno:05747
Shiny?: no
Characteristic: Often Dozes Off
Moves: Dark Pulse/Fake Tears/Punishment/Nasty plot
Current Level: 57
Stats: 153/128/83/143/87/146
Location Caught: Route 3
Egg?:yes
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 5:56 PM
In reply to Fan and Final
I hacked a few legendaries and regular Pokemon because I was having zero luck with hatching and restarts. I'm not going around trying to win using these legendaries. I often keep them in my PC boxes or use them because I need them. I never hack natures or EVs and IVs. Just a Pokemon. It's not illegal or disrespectful, they couldn't sell them in big-time Gamestops if they were.
I do think we should just agree to disagree (Thank-you, Hydrogen.)
I was just curious about why people hate hacked Pokemon, and I end up with several people after me on it...

Falconx03
19th March 2011, 6:01 PM
The first one is. Any starter caught in a master ball is a hack.

It is a hack but I just want to point out that someone on the first page I believe made note that a starter could be obtained in a Master Ball from a different Pokemon game whether it was the Wii or a different DS game. I may have misinterpreted the post and if so, I apologize. But the fact that the Bulbasaur came from Jhoto at level 4 in a Master Ball makes it a hack.

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 6:04 PM
In reply to Fan and Final
I hacked a few legendaries and regular Pokemon because I was having zero luck with hatching and restarts. I'm not going around trying to win using these legendaries. I often keep them in my PC boxes or use them because I need them. I never hack natures or EVs and IVs. Just a Pokemon. It's not illegal or disrespectful, they couldn't sell them in big-time Gamestops if they were.
I do think we should just agree to disagree (Thank-you, Hydrogen.)
I was just curious about why people hate hacked Pokemon, and I end up with several people after me on it...
It may not be illegal currently, but it certainly is disrespectful. It is disrespectful to the game makers as you are essentially modifying their code, and it is disrespectful to the people you trade with because you cheated to obtain something easily that others have spent hours, sometimes days, to aquire by non-cheating ways.

It is a hack but I just want to point out that someone on the first page I believe made note that a starter could be obtained in a Master Ball from a different Pokemon game whether it was the Wii or a different DS game. I may have misinterpreted the post and if so, I apologize. But the fact that the Bulbasaur came from Jhoto at level 4 in a Master Ball makes it a hack.

As far as I am aware there are no games in which the various starters can be caught in the wild.

Edit: Checking the third, fourth, and fifth gen pokedexes supports my conclusion.

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 6:04 PM
Yes,Falcon you were correct - in a Wii game a starter may be caught in a Master ball.

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 6:08 PM
It is disrespectful to the game makers as you are essentially modifying their code, and it is disrespectful to the people you trade with because you cheated to obtain something easily that others have spent hours, sometimes days, to aquire by non-cheating ways.
It isn't really that disrespectful. They knew there were people out there that would hack, and the put up very few firewalls. The game can be easily hacked. They didn't even try. As for others, I always ask the person if they want a hacked Pokemon before I trade it to them, and I don't put hacked Pokemon on GTS, unless you count Pokemon caught in a hacked Master ball.

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 6:12 PM
It isn't really that disrespectful. They knew there were people out there that would hack, and the put up very few firewalls. The game can be easily hacked. They didn't even try. As for others, I always ask the person if they want a hacked Pokemon before I trade it to them, and I don't put hacked Pokemon on GTS, unless you count Pokemon caught in a hacked Master ball.
I count anything that is hacked, just like the majority of other pokemon players.

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 6:13 PM
Nickname: Zoroark in Japanese
OT: Japanese
IDno:05747
Characteristic: Often Dozes Off
Moves: Dark Pulse/Fake Tears/Punishment/Nasty plot
Current Level: 57
Stats: 153/128/83/143/87/146
Location Caught: Route 3
Egg?:yes
Pokeball Caught In:
Any other notes?:

Looks legit to me because it was hatched the Dark pulse makes sense. It was hatched on route 3 and if the ball is a pokeball that all checks out

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 6:43 PM
But other trainers would have caught them as well. I just used a Master ball - because it was quick - and the Pokemon itself was not hacked. And I don't do that all the time. You see? Don't apply any hacker stereotypes to me, because that is untrue and unfair.

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 6:54 PM
But other trainers would have caught them as well. I just used a Master ball - because it was quick - and the Pokemon itself was not hacked. And I don't do that all the time. You see? Don't apply any hacker stereotypes to me, because that is untrue and unfair.

It doesn't matter if you only did it once (and I sincerely doubt you only did it once), the point is, you did it, and that makes you a cheater and a hacker.

Black&White
19th March 2011, 7:07 PM

One thing I have to wonder. You say the Nickname is Airisu. Japanese games have a character limit of 5, so if this was obtained in a Japanese game, I wonder how this nickname could fit if it wasn't a hack.

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 7:13 PM
One thing I have to wonder. You say the Nickname is Airisu. Japanese games have a character limit of 5, so if this was obtained in a Japanese game, I wonder how this nickname could fit if it wasn't a hack.
The japanese language does not use letters as we are used to them, rather it uses sounds, thus a longer word can contain as little as three or four symbols. You can look it up on wikipedia.

Black&White
19th March 2011, 7:22 PM

I used my Master Ball on a shiny Beldum because it was about to kill itself with Take Down.

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 7:31 PM
It doesn't matter if you only did it once (and I sincerely doubt you only did it once), the point is, you did it, and that makes you a cheater and a hacker.
I'm not saying I'm not. But I don't think it's really cheating if I:
Did not do it illegally
Did not use hacked Pokemon in official battle tournaments.
Do not give someone a hacked Pokemon without permission.
Did not cheat in the early stages of a Pokemon game.
Do not trade hacks on GTS. (With a cheat code, I can get my Pokemon on the game, not GTS. I sometimes trade on GTS for event Pokemon I missed, such as Celebi.)

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 7:40 PM
I'm not saying I'm not. But I don't think it's really cheating if I:
Did not do it illegally
Did not use hacked Pokemon in official battle tournaments.
Do not give someone a hacked Pokemon without permission.
Did not cheat in the early stages of a Pokemon game.
Do not trade hacks on GTS. (With a cheat code, I can get my Pokemon on the game, not GTS. I sometimes trade on GTS for event Pokemon I missed, such as Celebi.)
Doesn't matter, you did it, the game is hacked, you are a cheater. Heck, you just admitted to trading for event pokemon with hacked pokes, that means that you are deliberately scamming other players, and that is even worse.

Lucario0708
19th March 2011, 7:40 PM
Ok, to the guy saying hacking is cheating, disrespectful, unfair, and blah blah blah

don't be a prick to people you don't know on the internet, don't ACCUSE them of doing something illegally, because THAT is disrespectful

second, these games are to let people have fun, as far as I know, spending 12 days of your time hatching for a shiny deino doesnt sound very fun, so a lot of hackers want to have fun, without constantly having to do stuff like SRing, REing, MMing that take precious time out of their lives. I have a friend who hacks shinies and others in pokemon games, but thats only because he has A JOB, A LIFE outside of the game, and pretty much only plays pokemon every once in a while during his free time, and even then, he doesnt use hacked pokemon in official tournaments

so, THINK before you ACT

/endrant

EDIT: @above, the guy didnt say he traded hacks on the GTS for events, he might trade stuff like LEGIT pokemon caught in HACKED masterballs, but who cares? the pokemon is legit, he didn't want to spend time trying to catch the stupid pokemon

Also, this is a HACK CHECK THREAD, not a "OMG he is a hacker, report that disrespectful cheater!" thread, this is a thread to help people, not punish others, so let my post END this current discussion and go back to checking hacks, mmkay?

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 9:03 PM
I used my Master Ball on a shiny Beldum because it was about to kill itself with Take Down.

I know *facepalm* I forgot all they know is takedown so I feel dumb now :(

lewey1988
19th March 2011, 9:31 PM
ID No. 03655

dam im disappointed to hear that bulba's hacked think i got it on gts wat about oshawot?

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 9:38 PM
Strange that the name is still Oshawott when it was clearly hatched from a Japanese OT... But other than that it looks legit.

mychemro
19th March 2011, 9:39 PM
Nickname:
Location Caught:

Hydrogen
19th March 2011, 9:44 PM
Nickname:
Location Caught:

It looks legit to me but I hope that it's been EV trained cause if not the stats are whack.

mychemro
19th March 2011, 9:46 PM
I ev trained it and thank you for the help

lewey1988
19th March 2011, 9:57 PM
when looking at the first page of the summary on oshawott it has the Dex No. 007 in red under that it has Oshawot the OT is written in japanese and in the top right corner where theres a nickname more japanese writing spelt differently

Dragoniteftw
19th March 2011, 10:10 PM
Can't beleive AR is allowed to be sold in shops.

don't gamefreak/nintendo have anything to say about it?

Krishnath
19th March 2011, 10:12 PM
Can't beleive AR is allowed to be sold in shops.

don't gamefreak/nintendo have anything to say about it?
They tried to get it banned in the late 80's/early 90's. Unfortunately they failed at the time.

lewey1988
19th March 2011, 10:20 PM
Name: Serperior
OT: Me
ID No. 54820
Exp. Points: 93012
Shiny: No
Nature: Impish
Types: Grass
Moves: Growth, Mega Drain, Leaf Blade, Giga Drain
Level Caught: Met at level 5.
HP: 140
Attack: 93
Defense: 118
S.Att: 80
S.Def: 101
Speed: 131

having trouble finding my starters IV's its saying it does not compute how come?

NoDice
19th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Strange that the name is still Oshawott when it was clearly hatched from a Japanese OT... But other than that it looks legit.

English language versions can use Japanese Hirigana and Katakana symbols, just like the Japanese version can use English letters.

Yang_Wolf
19th March 2011, 11:41 PM
Doesn't matter, you did it, the game is hacked, you are a cheater. Heck, you just admitted to trading for event Pokemon with hacked pokes, that means that you are deliberately scamming other players, and that is even worse.
That's not what I meant, I meant that I only trade when the event comes up that I don't have a certain Pokemon. I meant that usually, with hacking, I could get all the Pokemon I needed, but not to trade. You misunderstood.

Dreamcoat
20th March 2011, 12:51 AM
You people DO realize you are seriously straying off-topic, right?

The purpose of this thread is to help people determine if their PKMN are hacked, NOT if hacking is alright or if it isn't.

Yang_Wolf
20th March 2011, 1:00 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. My quick question turned into an argument...
:P

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 4:41 AM
English language versions can use Japanese Hirigana and Katakana symbols, just like the Japanese version can use English letters.

I know, but does it allow enough characters to nickname it Oshawott on the Japanese version?

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 4:49 AM
I know, but does it allow enough characters to nickname it Oshawott on the Japanese version?

yes it does

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 4:52 AM
yes it does

Ah thank you very much, sir. :)

Pamizard
20th March 2011, 5:13 AM
Alright i got this mew off the GTS right and I have a feeling its not legit. Anyway here are its stats etc

Nickname: Mew
OT: MYSTRY
IDno: 06930
EV's:0
IV's: dunno i dont check ivs
Characteristic: Very finicky
Moves: Pound, Transform, Mega Punch
Level Caught at: level 17
Current Level: 17
Stats: Attack: 37 Defense: 42 Special Attack: 47 Special defense: 42 Speed: 42
Location Caught: Arrived at level 17 after a long travel through time (probably poketransfer)
Egg?:
Any other notes?: Fateful encounter

Monochromatic
20th March 2011, 5:16 AM
Alright i got this mew off the GTS right and I have a feeling its not legit. Anyway here are its stats etc

Nickname: Mew
OT: MYSTRY
IDno: 06930
EV's:0
IV's: dunno i dont check ivs
Characteristic: Very finicky
Moves: Pound, Transform, Mega Punch
Level Caught at: level 17
Current Level: 17
Stats: Attack: 37 Defense: 42 Special Attack: 47 Special defense: 42 Speed: 42
Location Caught: Arrived at level 17 after a long travel through time (probably poketransfer)
Egg?:
Any other notes?: Fateful encounter

I'm no expert, but I don't think you can catch Mew at Lv. 17.
Although...maybe with that G/S/C or R/B/G glitch. But that would take forever for it to be shiny. And even then I don't think you can catch it at Lv. 17.

EDIT: Yep, the Mew glitch engages battle with a Lv. 7 Mew, not Lv. 17.

Pamizard
20th March 2011, 5:18 AM
Although...maybe with that G/S/C or R/B/G glitch. But that would take forever for it to be shiny. And even then I don't think you can catch it at Lv. 17.

Well it arrived at level 17 so i'm not sure if it was caught at level 17 or not

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 5:29 AM

EDIT: Yep, the Mew glitch engages battle with a Lv. 7 Mew, not Lv. 17.

isnt G/s/C and R/B/G 1st gen.? how would it be in the f5th gen. games?

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 5:55 AM
It has perfect IVs and is shiny. I say not legit, but that's just me.

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 5:57 AM
It has perfect IVs and is shiny. I say not legit, but that's just me.

Wait. Salamence or Mew?

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 6:01 AM
The Mew Darumakka. :)

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 6:04 AM
^ah..kk well the only way to get mew is an event but that was some time ago. its a possible legit. look at thislink and go to 2006

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 6:05 AM
Oh really? :O How does the level 17 thing factor in?

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 6:07 AM
if you palparked it from 3rd gen and leveled it up a few in 4th to 17 and poketransfered it to 5th gen then

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 6:09 AM
Just thinking about that makes my head hurt lol! But the fact that it has 31's in all its IVs is suspicious to me bud but certainly not impossible

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 6:10 AM
Just thinking about that makes my head hurt lol! But the fact that it has 31's in all its IVs is suspicious to me bud but certainly not impossible

well yah but EV traning in 4th gen. helped me with latios (legit). It does seem suspicious

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 6:12 AM
Ohohoh I have 3 latios on my Black and one shiny and one modest! I love them!!!

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 6:13 AM
Ohohoh I have 3 latios on my Black and one shiny and one modest! I love them!!!

awww...i only gots one. oh well. im gettin a latios atm on my ss. i saved right befoore it so i havent bothered catching it for i bit but i might do it tomorrow

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 6:16 AM
Do it bud! they are so cool and then you can transfer him over! I have been trying to get an english shiny latias for a few days now

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 6:17 AM
Do it bud! they are so cool and then you can transfer him over! I have been trying to get an english shiny latias for a few days now

i forgot what i have infront but ill try to get the shiny latios and transfer them over th 5th gen to EV train

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 6:19 AM
Are you gonna try to synch for a modest nature on it? That would be a good idea if you're gonna IV train him!

DarumakkaImposter
20th March 2011, 6:24 AM
Are you gonna try to synch for a modest nature on it? That would be a good idea if you're gonna IV train him!

we should PM this coversation. (hydrogen)

Also a shiny seismetoad? eh.... its ok

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 6:27 AM
Hahahaha, I got a legit Darkrai from the GTS a few days ago but it was hacked and PM is good with me. :)

NoDice
20th March 2011, 9:34 AM
yes it does

Ah thank you very much, sir. :)

NO. The Japanese version only allows 5 character nicknames Japanese or otherwise.

The English versions allow ten, Japanese or English.

MastersOfMonsters
20th March 2011, 12:45 PM
I got a Shiny Lugia(;249;) online, and i'm wondering if it's Hacked or not...

Name: LUGIA
OT: Viro
ID No. 04579
Exp. Points: 1250000
Types: Psychc/Flying
Moves: Giga Impact, Sky Attack, Aeroblast, Future Sight
Level Caught: arrived at Lv. 100.
HP: 349
Attack: 204
Defense: 279
S.Att: 170
S.Def: 334
Speed: 245
Caught With: Master Ball.

Is it Legit? Or Hacked? :confused:

Please? I'm planning on Trading Lugia to someone, and i'll rather not trade a Hacked Pkmn...

Souls Legend
20th March 2011, 2:06 PM
pokemon name: LATIAS
OT: Marquis
OT Gender: female
IDno: 11869
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (unknown)
IV's: (unknown)
Nature: quiet
Characteristic: likes to run
Ability: levitate
Moves: Draco Meteor - thunderbolt - psychic - shadow ball
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at Lv 80
Current Level: 80
Stats:
hp: 240
att: 153
def: 165
SPA: 226
SPD: 252
spp: 202
Location Caught: I got this one in platineum GTS
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: master ball
Any other notes?:
Exp points: 648692
to next lv: 15609
he has pokerus before

thank you =)

Hydrogen
20th March 2011, 5:24 PM
It looks okay to me but the previous versions always make it harder to determine if its been hacked. :P I think the Latias is fine.

And the Lugia as well

Kyogre35
20th March 2011, 6:19 PM
Please? I'm planning on Trading Lugia to someone, and i'll rather not trade a Hacked Pkmn...

Seems like the Pokemon XD Lugia, or the HG Lugia.

It's fine.

Tigeon
20th March 2011, 6:53 PM
Got this from a trade recently. Shiny Lugia, need it to be hack checked.

Pokemon Species:Lugia (its shiny)
Nickname:Lugia
OT: ASHOK
OT Gender: blue
IDno:15867
Shiny?: Yes its shiny
EV's: dont really know, i think clean?
IV's: 26/5/8/7/6/22
Nature: modest (reduces attack, increases special attack)
Characteristic: often dozes off
Moves: recover, hydro pump, rain dance, swift
Level Caught at: N/A
Current Level: 70
Stats: 246 hp, 120 attack, 192 defense, 148 special attack, 224 sp def, 174 speed
Location Caught:Hoenn
Egg?: nope
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball...
Any other notes?: Well, just weird that it has a great nature and shiny. But hey, if its legit, I want this previous's owners luck *_*

Thanks in advance!

Souls Legend
20th March 2011, 7:18 PM
Hydrogen

yeah I know =) but I want to make sure, thank you

Agent-z
20th March 2011, 9:33 PM
pokemon name: Celebi
OT: GUSTAVO
OT Gender: N/A
IDno: 06142
EV's: (unknown)
IV's: (unknown)
Characteristic: Likes to run
Moves: Psychic - healing wish - Solarbeam - recover
Level Caught at: apparently arrived at Lv 100
Stats:
hp: 344
att: 207
def: 222
SPA: 284
SPD: 247
spp: 251
Pokeball Caught In: master ball

Pamizard
20th March 2011, 10:27 PM
I have three I am unsure about but here is one that im really concerned about

Pokemon Species: Arceus
Nickname: ARCEUS
OT: TRAVIS
IDno: 02007
EV's: unknown
IV's: unknown
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgment, Thunder, Hyper Beam, Perish Song
Level Caught at: Arrived at level 100
Stats: HP: 406 Attack: 276 Defense: 276 Special Attack: 248 Special Defense: 276 Speed: 303
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish ball
Any other notes?:

shadow wolf
20th March 2011, 11:01 PM

Stats: HP: 406 Attack: 276 Defense: 276 Special Attack: 248 Special Defense: 276 Speed: 303
Any other notes?:

That cherish ball is note for hack, unless it was the movie 12 Arceus event give away.

Dreamcoat
20th March 2011, 11:01 PM

Any other notes?:
With TRAVIS as OT, hack.

Pamizard
20th March 2011, 11:50 PM
With TRAVIS as OT, hack.

Thanks I was afraid this would be true. I don't even get why u can trade arceus over Wifi in 5th gen. Its not like u can't trade the TRU arceus since it has a ribbon to prevent trading it.

Dreamcoat
21st March 2011, 12:08 AM
You got this one through GTS?

lordchrome
21st March 2011, 12:21 AM
i got a shiny gliscor over gts negotiation i only gave up a snivy for it so im not bothered either way but its nice to know if it is real or fake.

Pokemon Species: Gliscor
Nickname: GLISCOR
OT: Andy
IDno: 28587
Nature: careful
Ability: hyper cutter
Moves: thunder fang,x scissor,earthquake,areial ace
Level Caught at: Arrived at level 61 sinnoh
Current Level: 61
Stats: HP: hp 166, atk 161, spatk 56, sp def 110,speed 124
Pokeball Caught In: masterball

the thing that makes me question if its fake is the masterball as i wouldent use a masterball on a gligar but that doesent mean someone else wouldent, also if its impossible to tell if its fake as the location caught is sinnoh surely there is going to be loooads of fake shinys going around like this and i should avoid them?

Dreamcoat
21st March 2011, 12:23 AM
i got a shiny gliscor over gts negotiation i only gave up a snivy for it so im not bothered either way but its nice to know if it is real or fake.

the thing that makes me question if its fake is the masterball as i wouldent use a masterball on a gligar but that doesent mean someone else wouldent, also if its impossible to tell if its fake as the location caught is sinnoh surely there is going to be loooads of fake shinys going around like this and i should avoid them?
Don't see why it shouldn't be real. Many people saves their Master Ball for any shiny PKMN they might find, to be sure to be able to catch it.

Pamizard
21st March 2011, 12:32 AM
You got this one through GTS?

Yes i got mine off the GTS why?

Kyogre35
21st March 2011, 1:16 AM
Yes i got mine off the GTS why?

Arceus aren't tradable over GTS...

Pamizard
21st March 2011, 1:18 AM
Arceus aren't tradable over GTS...

yeah they are. I agree that they shouldnt but there are\

EDIT: Probably all caught in the area where its supose to be caught in D/P/Pl but we never got the arceus event so yea....

Kyogre35
21st March 2011, 1:19 AM
yeah they are. I agree that they shouldnt but there are

Okay let me re-iterate.

They SHOLDN'T be tradable, if you EVER see a Arceus up for trade, don't do it. It is 100% a hack because the only TRU Arceus has a ribbon to prevent it from trading.

Pamizard
21st March 2011, 1:33 AM
Okay let me re-iterate.

They SHOLDN'T be tradable, if you EVER see a Arceus up for trade, don't do it. It is 100% a hack because the only TRU Arceus has a ribbon to prevent it from trading.

I really don't mind having one for in game to be honest. I just know not to use it on wifi.

Kyogre35
21st March 2011, 1:47 AM
I really don't mind having one for in game to be honest. I just know not to use it on wifi.

I don't either, it seems like that one event that Nintendo never came out with.

Black&White
21st March 2011, 2:02 AM

Could be real. I mean, the Masterball could be a clone (I still don't consider clones "legit") but the Pokemon looks fine.

Kyogre35
21st March 2011, 2:04 AM

Legit

IIRC Gligar are a swarm poke in D/P/Pt and it is in a sandstorm, which is ridiculously hard to chain. If they did manage to get one then I would use a master ball too.

Hydrogen
21st March 2011, 3:24 AM
Gliscor looks legit to me as well

Jessie Mulay
21st March 2011, 4:37 AM
Gliscor looks legit. IDK why they would only give it to you for a Snivy. Your very lucky.

SpiritChaser
21st March 2011, 4:40 AM
Pokemon Species: Zorua
Nickname: none
OT: ONIZUKA
IDno: 27722
EV's: don't know
IV's: don't know
Characteristic: Mischievous
Moves: Scratch, Leer
Level Caught at:
Current Level: 1
Stats: HP 12/12, Attack 5, Defense 6, Sp. Atk 6, Sp. Def 6, Speed 6
Location Caught: Hatched on Rt. 3
Egg?: hatched from, yes
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball
Any other notes?: just that it's awesome looking lol

Lorde
21st March 2011, 4:42 AM
Just wondering if this is legitimate. I got it from the GTS:

Pokemon Species: Petilil
Nickname: Petilil
OT: Nuno
IDno: 18897
Nature: Serious
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Growth, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Mega Drain
Level Caught at: 14
Current Level: 14
Stats: Hp 39, Atk 15, Def 20, Sp Atk 28, Sp Def 20, Spd 15
Location Caught: Pinwheel Forest
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball

Falconx03
21st March 2011, 4:53 AM
Pokemon Species: Zorua
Nickname: none
OT: ONIZUKA
IDno: 27722
EV's: don't know
Moves: Scratch, Leer
Level Caught at:
Current Level: 1
Stats: HP 12/12, Attack 5, Defense 6, Sp. Atk 6, Sp. Def 6, Speed 6
Location Caught: Hatched on Rt. 3
Egg?: hatched from, yes
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball
Any other notes?: just that it's awesome looking lol

Zorua is legit. Zoroark is able to breed so Zorua can come from an egg. Those attacks are it's default starting moves and those are average stats that a Pokemon will have when hatching from an egg. Route 3 is also a long linear path for hatching eggs and it is right outside of the Day Care.

Seems legit to me. Petilil is catchable in Pinwheel Forest in Pokemon White. It can be caught at level 14 and those attacks would be the moves it knows when caught at that level.

Black&White
21st March 2011, 4:56 AM

Yeah, I'd say legit. I mean, why would anybody hack for something so easy to find?

SpiritChaser
21st March 2011, 4:58 AM
Thanks a ton! <3

ShadowSplash
21st March 2011, 5:36 AM
I have two Pokemon that I'm completely LOST about in hack checking. I got both of these from a friend of mine, whom claims they're not hacked, but I'm very suspicious for a few reasons.

Pokemon Species: Cherrim
Nickname: Petals
OT: GHOST
IDno: 14041
EV's: None until I had decided to EV (Did something like 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 SpDef)
IV's: 31/23/30/27/30/30
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Ability: Flower Gift
Moves: Solarbeam, Leech Seed, Synthesis (I personally put this on it through the Tutor), Protect.
Level Caught at: It was hatched
Current Level: 50 (I lvl'd it up while EV'ing)
Stats: HP:177, Atk:70, Def:126, SpAtk: 106, SpDef: 105, Speed: 105
Location Caught: It was hatched in Solaceon Town.
Egg?: It was hatched.
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball (it was hatched).

In my eyes, this one looks legit. However, when I put it onto PBR, it won't allow it to go on Wifi battles (according to what I looked up, this is basically saying it's hacked). I can't figure this out.

The second one, I got with the above Pokemon:

Pokemon Species: Umbreon
Nickname: Shadow
EV's: I EV'd this one as well, before I questioned it's legitimacy: 252HP/104Def/150SpDef.
IV's: 31/27/30/17/30/30
Nature: Careful
Moves: Assurance, Protect, Moonlight, Toxic (all moves that I put on it). It had originally had Tackle and Tail Whip.
Level Caught at: It was hatched.
Current Level: 74
Stats: HP:294, Atk:122, Def:218, SpAtk:99 SpDef:261, Spd:123
Location Caught: Hatched in Sunyshore City.

These both look fine to me, but here's the weird thing. Normally when I look at a Pokemon's info (assuming it's hatched), it will list everything like this:

Nature
Date the egg was received
Day-Care Couple
Egg Received.
Date hatched
Location of where it was hatched
Egg [apparently] hatched
Characteristic.

This is how my Cherrim's info looks, however, the Umbreon's info reverses the part where it says "Day-Care Couple" and "Solaceon Town." I looked through all of my Pokemon and NONE ever have that.
Another strange thing - instead of Egg received, it says egg obtained. I've only seen this on one other Pokemon that I got from another friend who I watched hatch it, so I know it isn't hacked. I have no idea what it even means when it says "obtained" instead of received, but that threw me off even more along with everything else.

And the other thing that really confused me, that Umbreon is able to get into PBR Wifi, unlike my Cherrim which it gives me errors for.

So if ANYONE can clear some of this up, I would be so happy because I'm very confused. ~.~

Black&White
21st March 2011, 6:02 AM
I have two Pokemon that I'm completely LOST about in hack checking. I got both of these from a friend of mine, whom claims they're not hacked, but I'm very suspicious for a few reasons.

Pokemon Species: Cherrim
Nickname: Petals
EV's: None until I had decided to EV (Did something like 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 SpDef)
IV's: 31/23/30/27/30/30
Nature: Bold
Ability: Flower Gift
Moves: Solarbeam, Leech Seed, Synthesis (I personally put this on it through the Tutor), Protect.
Level Caught at: It was hatched
Current Level: 50 (I lvl'd it up while EV'ing)
Stats: HP:177, Atk:70, Def:126, SpAtk: 106, SpDef: 105, Speed: 105
Location Caught: It was hatched in Solaceon Town.

In my eyes, this one looks legit. However, when I put it onto PBR, it won't allow it to go on Wifi battles (according to what I looked up, this is basically saying it's hacked). I can't figure this out.

The second one, I got with the above Pokemon:

Pokemon Species: Umbreon
Nickname: Shadow
EV's: I EV'd this one as well, before I questioned it's legitimacy: 252HP/104Def/150SpDef.
IV's: 31/27/30/17/30/30
Moves: Assurance, Protect, Moonlight, Toxic (all moves that I put on it). It had originally had Tackle and Tail Whip.
Level Caught at: It was hatched.
Current Level: 74
Stats: HP:294, Atk:122, Def:218, SpAtk:99 SpDef:261, Spd:123
Location Caught: Hatched in Sunyshore City.

These both look fine to me, but here's the weird thing. Normally when I look at a Pokemon's info (assuming it's hatched), it will list everything like this:

Nature
Day-Care Couple
Egg Received.
Date hatched
Egg [apparently] hatched
Characteristic.

This is how my Cherrim's info looks, however, the Umbreon's info reverses the part where it says "Day-Care Couple" and "Solaceon Town." I looked through all of my Pokemon and NONE ever have that.
Another strange thing - instead of Egg received, it says egg obtained. I've only seen this on one other Pokemon that I got from another friend who I watched hatch it, so I know it isn't hacked. I have no idea what it even means when it says "obtained" instead of received, but that threw me off even more along with everything else.

And the other thing that really confused me, that Umbreon is able to get into PBR Wifi, unlike my Cherrim which it gives me errors for.

So if ANYONE can clear some of this up, I would be so happy because I'm very confused. ~.~

II agree, they DO look legit, but if they aren't allowed on Battle Revolution, I would consider them hacked. Ask your friend again maybe he'll confess.

ShadowSplash
21st March 2011, 6:06 AM
II agree, they DO look legit, but if they aren't allowed on Battle Revolution, I would consider them hacked. Ask your friend again maybe he'll confess.

The Cherrim isn't allowed on PBR, but Umbreon is. And it's weird because like I mentioned, the Day-Care stuff is swapped with the location spot, which would make it look "possibly" hacked. Yet that's the one that gets through PBR.

I really don't know. And he says that they're legit. :/

Falconx03
21st March 2011, 6:15 AM
The Cherrim isn't allowed on PBR, but Umbreon is. And it's weird because like I mentioned, the Day-Care stuff is swapped with the location spot, which would make it look "possibly" hacked. Yet that's the one that gets through PBR.

I really don't know. And he says that they're legit. :/

Who hatched the eggs?

ShadowSplash
21st March 2011, 6:23 AM
Who hatched the eggs?

My friend (the OT), hatched them whenever (Mar. 7th) and then gave them to me two days ago.

Falconx03
21st March 2011, 6:31 AM
My friend (the OT), hatched them whenever (Mar. 7th) and then gave them to me two days ago.

I remember about a few months ago that I had some different ordered Pokemons info. So I think the order is based off of who hatched them. Since he hatched and then traded to you the order of info changed. At least that's the only conclusion I could come to back then since it never really bothered me anyway.

ShadowSplash
21st March 2011, 6:36 AM
I remember about a few months ago that I had some different ordered Pokemons info. So I think the order is based off of who hatched them. Since he hatched and then traded to you the order of info changed. At least that's the only conclusion I could come to back then since it never really bothered me anyway.

I would've thought that too. But I have Pokemon that I hatched in my Diamond and Platinum and traded to my SS and they are not in that order. They share the same order as everything else I have. :x

UStrainer40137
21st March 2011, 5:04 PM
Okay let me re-iterate.

Not true, Event Dream World Arceus can be traded via GTS. (I got 9 from the GTS). So allow me to reiterate, if the Arceus is not in Japanese, then it's 100% hacked.

And thanks to everybody for the Kyurem confirmation, (IDK what kind of fool would give me a legit shiny Kyurem, but I'm not complaining)

Hydrogen
21st March 2011, 5:52 PM
*Wants DW arceus* :(

manniezmoll
21st March 2011, 6:01 PM
Normally when I look at a Pokemon's info (assuming it's hatched), it will list everything like this:

Nature
Day-Care Couple
Egg Received.
Date hatched
Egg [apparently] hatched
Characteristic.

@ Shadow Splash: i have a few pokemon in my 4th gen PC that say egg obtained instead of egg received. mine also say link traderight above. it just means that you didn't breed the egg, you got it from another game & just hatched it. still could be legit...

i also have some level 1 manaphys from Ranger that say egg arrived ...

ShadowSplash
21st March 2011, 8:23 PM
@ Shadow Splash: i have a few pokemon in my 4th gen PC that say egg obtained instead of egg received. mine also say link traderight above. it just means that you didn't breed the egg, you got it from another game & just hatched it. still could be legit...

i also have some level 1 manaphys from Ranger that say egg arrived ...

I'm not as freaked out over the "Egg obtained" but rather the fact that the Umbreon (which let me remind you, actually works on PBR) has "Day-Care Couple" and the location in different spots, which I have NEVER seen on anything.

The Cherrim, which looks 100% legit, does not have those things switched, yet it isn't able to get into PBR Wifi.

RifleAvenger
21st March 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm not as freaked out over the "Egg obtained" but rather the fact that the Umbreon (which let me remind you, actually works on PBR) has "Day-Care Couple" and the location in different spots, which I have NEVER seen on anything.

The Cherrim, which looks 100% legit, does not have those things switched, yet it isn't able to get into PBR Wifi.

The Umbreon is hacked then. That reversal is what happens when someone using PokeSAV or another device gets lazy, or is using an AR to execute the creation of the pokemon and gets the code a little wrong.

Sometimes hacked pokemon do work on PBR. One of my tryanitars, which worked on PBR in 4th gen, has been revealed to me as an obvious hack now in 5th gen, because after I traded it up, it no longer had a place of origin (there's only a black line through where it should be).

NoDice
21st March 2011, 10:33 PM
The Umbreon is hacked then. That reversal is what happens when someone using PokeSAV or another device gets lazy, or is using an AR to execute the creation of the pokemon and gets the code a little wrong.

Sometimes hacked pokemon do work on PBR. One of my tryanitars, which worked on PBR in 4th gen, has been revealed to me as an obvious hack now in 5th gen, because after I traded it up, it no longer had a place of origin (there's only a black line through where it should be).

Another thing to note, I had a Scizor traded to me once that was shiny and seemed to have perfect IVs and was EVd. I tried to on PBR and it showed up as a bad egg. So in short, the Umbreon was hacked, but has legit stats? And the Cherrim must have illegal IVs or EVs somehow.

ShadowSplash
21st March 2011, 10:35 PM
Okay, thanks for the info guys.

Ritter777
21st March 2011, 10:56 PM
I recieved an Ash's Pikachu for free and I'm kinda sketchy on it. Most things on it check out but a few things look wrong to me.

Pokemon Species: Pikachu
Nickname: PIKACHU
OT: Ash
IDno: 01301
Date received: 3/13/2011
EV's: Don't know
IV's: Don't know
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Static
Moves: Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv. 50
Stats: HP: 110, Atk: 69, Def: 47, SpAtk: 62, SpDef: 41, Speed: 105
Location Caught: Johto
Fateful Encounter? Yes

The things I'm suspicious about are the location caught and the date received.

Tigeon
21st March 2011, 11:20 PM
I recieved an Ash's Pikachu for free and I'm kinda sketchy on it. Most things on it check out but a few things look wrong to me.

Fateful Encounter? Yes

I've noticed that from several trades, that the location and date recieved change when you trade. Besides, dates are easy to change, and are not really that great to determine legitimacy due to the fact the own DS clock determiens the date. My friend's DS is on year 2000 lol

And the location, when traded from a 4th gen to 5th gen, it will always pick either kanto or jhoto. A lot of pokemon are like that. If it says "fateful encounter, traveled through a long time" or something like that, i say its legit.

But I'm still a novice, maybe someone else can shed light on it. But being in that event ball really helps.

PsychoIncarnate
21st March 2011, 11:21 PM

Fateful Encounter? Yes

CHERISH BALL. It's a hack

Edit: Because it has a caught location and was caught in a Cherish Ball. It's definitely a hack

Yang_Wolf
21st March 2011, 11:29 PM

Fateful Encounter? Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHERISH BALL. It's a hack

Nope. Everything checks out. It was supposed to be in a Cherish Ball.

Yang_Wolf
21st March 2011, 11:29 PM
My sources: Looked it up online, at a valid site.

PsychoIncarnate
22nd March 2011, 12:18 AM
My sources: Looked it up online, at a valid site.

Ash's Pikachu doesn't have captured at location data, it has "Apparently had a fateful encounter at level 50"

Unless sending it over to Black/White screws up how the information is written

It's actually location data says "Pokémon Event"

GokuRikaku
22nd March 2011, 12:33 AM
Ash's Pikachu doesn't have captured at location data, it has "Apparently had a fateful encounter at level 50"

It's actually location data says "Pokémon Event"

To let you know what it says on the status screen on a event Pokemon, using my Pichu from Gamestop for an example:

Jolly nature.
3/9/2011
Sinnoh
Appearently arrived at Lv. 30.
Fateful encounter.
Somewhat of a clown.

This is the same for almost everything that I have that came from an event, however the beasts has something different. "Had a fateful encounter at a special place."

But thats a special Pokemon. At the end, it should say "Sinnoh/Johto" when sent from Gen4 to Gen5.

Ritter777
22nd March 2011, 12:36 AM
/Ash's Pikachu doesn't have captured at location data, it has "Apparently had a fateful encounter at level 50"

It's actually location data says "Pokémon Event"/

Yeah, that's what I was suspicious about because on bulbapedia it said Pokemon Event for where it was caught
So, you guys think it's legit or not?

PersianStrike
22nd March 2011, 2:35 AM
Nickname: Lucario
OT: WORLD08
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Blue
IDno: 08178
Shiny?: Nope
EV's: (if known) Nope
IV's: (if known) Nope
Nature: Adament
Moves:
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-ExtremeSpeed
-Swords Dance
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at Lv.100
Current Level: lv.100
Stats:
Hp: 276
Atk:350
Def:171
Sp.Atk: 216
Sp.Def: 176
Speed: 279
Location Caught: -----------------------
Egg?:Nope
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball im pretty sure is what its called. Its the pokemon event ball
Any other notes?:k well it almost entirely looks legit. It has the Gift Ribbon, it had almost everything. however the part that says "-----------------------" (its in blue)is what bothers me. I received this in a trade. Can pokemon B/W screw up Pokemon info?

Esteban252
22nd March 2011, 2:36 AM
I got a Dreamworld Murkrow, im not sure what the dreamworld location is supposed to be, but it says:

Day-Care, egg received
Skyarrow Bridge, egg hatched

Its level 23, and has the dreamworld ability

PersianStrike
22nd March 2011, 2:37 AM
I also have 2 shiny pokemon that have the "----------------". does this make them unlegit?

Thehackcatcher
22nd March 2011, 2:54 AM
I have never heard of this before , I will begin researching to find out , but if I recall , the program the hackers use to make these pokemon can have a blank met at , this will make it met at --------------- , sorry to say I think you 2 got hacked pokemon , I'll check into it more before giving a definite answer.

I got a Dreamworld Murkrow, im not sure what the dreamworld location is supposed to be, but it says:

Day-Care, egg received
Skyarrow Bridge, egg hatched

Its level 23, and has the dreamworld ability

the abilities CAN be obtained through breeding , odds are the parents were from the dreamworld , I will need the other stats to tell for sure but it looks legit

Yang_Wolf
22nd March 2011, 3:57 AM
I also have 2 shiny pokemon that have the "----------------". does this make them unlegit?
Unfourtantly, the "-----------------" means hacked. I know because I got a hacked shiny Dialga on GTS, and when I sent it to B&W it said for Location Caught At: ----------------
However, I don't think you should get rid of them, that would be a waste, like I did not release or send the Dialga back to GTS. I worked hard to get him.

Yang_Wolf
22nd March 2011, 4:00 AM
the abilities CAN be obtained through breeding , odds are the parents were from the dreamworld , I will need the other stats to tell for sure but it looks legit
As of now, the only gender for DW Pokemon is male, and abilities and moves can only be obtained from the female when breeding.
Source: Serebii.net

richi3f
22nd March 2011, 4:04 AM
I got this Zekrom from the GTS. Is it legit?

Pokemon Species: Zekrom
Nickname: Japanese Nickname
OT: Japanese OT
IDno: 01847
Characteristic: Good endurance
Ability: Teravolt
Moves: Bolt Strike, Thunderbolt, Outrage, Fusion Bolt
Stats: 325 / 363 / 282 / 259 / 258 / 212
Location Caught: N's Castle
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: Used to have Pokérus. Was caught November 20th, 2010.

DarumakkaImposter
22nd March 2011, 5:50 AM

id say legit

SynchronizeTime
22nd March 2011, 11:58 AM

It's legit. Well at least it looks legit to me.

Hydrogen
22nd March 2011, 4:20 PM
It's legit. Well at least it looks legit to me.

Looks legit to me as well. You cant fake an encounter there.

Lester20
22nd March 2011, 5:12 PM
Pokemon Species: Hydreigon
Nickname: In japanese
OT: WATA
IDno: 17938
Nature: Lonely
Characteristic: Thouroughly cunning.
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Flamethrower, Thief, Outrage, Draco Meteor
Level Caught at: 39
Stats: HP 306 Attack 249 Defense 177 Sp.Atk 267 Sp.Def 197 Speed 213
Location Caught: Opelucid City
Egg?: No.
Any other notes?: Worried about it being hacked.

EDIT: Can someone please tell me if releasing it will save my Pokemon!?

Ginji
22nd March 2011, 5:19 PM

Yup, its hacked

you can't catch it in opelucid city

Rainbowdashtheawesome
22nd March 2011, 5:34 PM

They used the "catch other trainer's Pokemon" cheat code on an AR or something like that. I can tell because I used to be an avid cheat code user (now I only use the AR as an absolute last resort). So, yes, it is hacked because it has legit stats but was not caught by legit means.

Krishnath
22nd March 2011, 6:48 PM

Releasing it should not harm your game. I recieved a hacked shiny Misdreavus in a trade once (over the GTS, I had put up a Murkrow asking
for Misdreavus) and I released it without any trouble (It was an obvious hack, first of all it was caught where Misdreavus could not appear, and it was caught at level 100).

Lester20
22nd March 2011, 7:45 PM
Um...Thank you all for the help! I haven't been able to use Wi-Fi before last week, so I'm still new...

Zenotwapal
23rd March 2011, 12:11 AM
If I find a pokemon that has a bad word as a name on the GTS. Is it hacked?

And also: is any shiny Zekrom and Reshiram I find hacked?

GokuRikaku
23rd March 2011, 12:29 AM
If I find a pokemon that has a bad word as a name on the GTS. Is it hacked?

I have no idea if theres any cheat/hack that ignores that "oh nos, this thing has a bad word as a name!"

And also: is any shiny Zekrom and Reshiram I find hacked?

Yep.

phetty
23rd March 2011, 2:29 AM
So just to make sure E4All manaphy when transferred to Gen 5 should be from Sinnoh and not -----------. It also has EVs but hasn't gained Exp so I assuming hacked.

Yang_Wolf
23rd March 2011, 2:31 AM
It's hacked if it says '--------' instead of a location.

phetty
23rd March 2011, 2:33 AM
Yeah i figured as much. Thanks.

Atome
23rd March 2011, 2:37 AM
Pokemon Species: Trapinch
OT: DYLAN
IDno: 21815
EV's:
IV's:
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Alert To Sounds
Ability: Arena Trap
Moves: Sand Tomb/ Crunch/ Dig/ Sandstorm
Level Caught at: Not know.
Current Level: 55
Stats: Attack: 118 Defense: 57 Special Attack: 57 Special Defense: 51 Speed: 20
Egg?: Don't know
Pokeball Caught In: Master ball <That'd be why I'm checking.
Any other notes?: It was transfered since it says Arrived at.

darthmalice777
23rd March 2011, 2:52 AM
Traded for this one on GTS, so I'm not sure about it. Seems ok to me, but any opinions would be helpful.

Nickname:none
OT: WAYNE
OT Gender: blue=male
IDno: 38448
Shiny?:Yes
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn
Moves: Mega Drain, Synthesis, Magical Leaf, Stun Spore
Level Caught at: 22
Current Level: 22
Stats: HP 55, Att 24, Def 29, SpAtt 37, SpDef 32, Speed 20
Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball

Esteban252
23rd March 2011, 4:07 AM
EV's:
IV's:

Pretty much legit except for that master ball :P

Traded for this one on GTS, so I'm not sure about it. Seems ok to me, but any opinions would be helpful.

Seems legit.

DarumakkaImposter
23rd March 2011, 4:27 AM
EV's:
IV's:

Legit. someone could have traded him with a master ball attached. or they caught it with a masterball. i dont know why the would do that tough?

yes its legit

Falconx03
23rd March 2011, 4:30 AM
EV's:
IV's:

It's legit as far as I can tell. It was most likely caught in master ball because it's only location in Sinnoh is Route 228 which is Sandstorming and can only be seen through pokeradar With 2% chance. Not to mention it is shiny so that is pretty much a once in a lifetime catch.

Atome
23rd March 2011, 5:11 AM
Alright Thanks ^^
The masterball was all that was making me worry xD

GGDeadZone
23rd March 2011, 5:57 AM
Species: Shaymin
Nickname: SHAYMIN
OT: Oblivia (male)
ID: 03060
IV's: Special Defense and Speed
Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
Moves: Growth, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Synthesis
Level: UT lvl 30
Stats: HP:102
Attack: 67
Defense: 71
Sp. Atk: 59
Sp. Def: 68
Speed: 78
Pokeball: Regular Pokeball

Just wasnt sure because I got a Lugia and Arceus from this guy too and seemed weird that their names were all capitals.

darthmalice777
23rd March 2011, 5:59 AM
Cool, thanks for the input everyone.

PsychoIncarnate
23rd March 2011, 5:59 AM

Just wasnt sure because I got a Lugia and Arceus from this guy too and seemed weird that their names were all capitals.

If it was a "Fateful Encounter" wouldn't it have been in a Cherish Ball?

Kyogre35
23rd March 2011, 6:06 AM

Not necessarily...

Falconx03
23rd March 2011, 6:50 AM

Seems legit to me. Shaymin is at level 30 on Flower Paradise only in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. The fateful encounter is because it is an event exclusive and requires Oaks Letter to access Flower Paradise. You also must catch the Shaymin which is why it is in a regular Pokeball.

Just so you know, its name is in all caps because it was transferred from Gen IV to Gen V. You can't fix the all caps because Shaymin neither evolves nor is it nicknameable.

The only thing that gets me is the OT. I thought event OT are in all caps and also if Shaymin is to be caught, wouldn't the OT be the name of person who caught it?

GGDeadZone
23rd March 2011, 6:55 AM
Cool Thanks guys. And I didnt know about the Name Caps thing. Good to know.

Lorde
23rd March 2011, 6:55 AM
The only thing that gets me is the OT. I thought event OT are in all caps and also if Shaymin is to be caught, wouldn't the OT be the name of person who caught it?

Not all event Pokemon have OTs that are in all capital letters. Anyway, Oblivia is the OT on all Shaymin received from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

Kurabelle
23rd March 2011, 4:07 PM
I've just got one from GTS that I'm kinda curious about it if anyone wants to help me.. .

Pokemon Species: Ralts
Nickname:RALTS
OT:Cameron
IDno:22546
EV's: (if known) no clue
IV's: (if known) no clue
Nature: Hardy
Ability:Synchronize
Moves: Growl
Level Caught at: Apparently Caught at level 3
Current Level: 3
Stats: 15/6/6/7/7/8
Location Caught:Jhoto
Egg?: No, I don't think
Pokeball Caught In: Masterball (this is why I'm curious)
Any other notes?: Nothing really Thanks for any help.

nxnja
23rd March 2011, 4:12 PM
I've just got one from GTS that I'm kinda curious about it if anyone wants to help me.. .

Looks legit to me.

I suggest taking it to the guy in the battle subway, check the IVs.

If it has some super good IVs it's obviously hacked, if it's just decent or above average I'd say it's legit.

Dreamcoat
23rd March 2011, 4:30 PM

People tend to want to use their Master Ball on a shiny in order to prevent escape/fainting.

Nothing suspicious about your Ralts at all.

Pamizard
23rd March 2011, 5:02 PM
ok so i got a Cresselia off the GTS and im not sure if its legit or not.

Pokemon Species: Cresselia
Nickname: CRESSELIA
OT: NALI
OT Gender: male
IDno: 46129
EV's: none
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Moves: (I gave them these since i didnt like what it had) Psychic, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Energy Ball)
Level Caught at: Apparently arrived at level 100
Stats: Attack: 149 defense: 255 special attack: 155 Special defense: 266 Speed: 181
Any other notes?:none

Kurabelle
23rd March 2011, 5:05 PM
Okay then, I guess I'm just the odd one that never thought of using her Masterball for anything other than one of those annoying legends that like to flee (since I haven't the patience to get them otherwise). Thanks again.

Grand~Kingdra
23rd March 2011, 5:32 PM

basic pokemon ranger guardian signs shaymin, seems good to me

nope, not this one, since it came from ranger

Looks legit to me.

I suggest taking it to the guy in the battle subway, check the IVs.

If it has some super good IVs it's obviously hacked, if it's just decent or above average I'd say it's legit.

Ivs are no indication of being hacked, unless they are beyond 31 in each. super lucky or rngd

Eevee0923
23rd March 2011, 5:56 PM
Hello there just curious as to whether this little axew is legit or not. I don't think it is hacked but you never know with stuff off of the GTS.

Pokemon Species: Axew
Nickname: japanese
OT: japanese
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) blue (japanese)
IDno:
IV's: (if known) Unkknown
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: aerial ace, dig, rock tomb, poison jab
Level Caught at: hatched Lv. 1
Current Level: UT Lv. 1
Stats: HP.12, ATK.6, DEF.6, SP.ATK.4, SP.DEF.5, SPD.6
Location Caught: Hatched on Route 3
Pokeball Caught In: Default Pokeball (was Hatched)
Any other notes?: -

Thank you for your help

Dreamcoat
23rd March 2011, 5:58 PM
Hello there just curious as to whether this little axew is legit or not. I don't think it is but you never know with stuff off of the GTS.

Pokemon Species: Axew
Nickname: japanese
OT: japanese
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) blue (japanese)
IDno:
IV's: (if known) Unkknown
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: aerial ace, dig, rock tomb, poison jab
Level Caught at: hatched Lv. 1
Current Level: UT Lv. 1
Stats: HP.12, ATK.6, DEF.6, SP.ATK.4, SP.DEF.5, SPD.6
Location Caught: Hatched on Route 3
Pokeball Caught In: Default Pokeball (was Hatched)
Any other notes?: -

Thank you for your help
Why shouldn't it be?

Eevee0923
23rd March 2011, 6:02 PM
Why shouldn't it be?

Dunno everything looks ok to me. I just wanted a 2nd opinion.

Dreamcoat
23rd March 2011, 6:49 PM
Dunno everything looks ok to me. I just wanted a 2nd opinion.
In that case, it seems perfectly fine.

Eevee0923
23rd March 2011, 6:55 PM
In that case, it seems perfectly fine.

Excellent. Thank you for your help.

Pamizard
23rd March 2011, 7:53 PM
Axew looks fine to me :)

Still no one has looked at my Cresselia i put up. Need to make sure Its legit

sunnygowing
23rd March 2011, 8:11 PM
Species: Vaporeon
Nickname: シャワーズ (Japanese name for Vaporeon)
OT: Some Japanese male
ID: 14337
IV's: ???
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Aqua Ring
Level: Level 100
Stats: HP:464
Attack: 149
Defense: 156
Sp. Atk: 350
Sp. Def: 226
Speed: 167
Location: Apparently arrived at Lv. 100 after a long travel through time. (Has been on my copies of Diamond, Platinum and Soul Silver)

Hydrogen
23rd March 2011, 8:22 PM
The Vaporeon looks good to me.

As for the Axew, I say the same and I really want a japanese axew. :(

Eevee0923
23rd March 2011, 9:16 PM
The Vaporeon looks good to me.

As for the Axew, I say the same and I really want a japanese axew. :(

Yours is still on hold...I'm waiting on the Shiny deerling ^.^ LOL