PDA

View Full Version : Elite 4

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

oskar M
23rd March 2011, 3:16 PM
Hey everybody :)

do you think that Elite 4 is hard in Pokemon black & white?

I think it´s a little hard, I haven´t win over all in the Elite 4. But I think that you must train very hard to beat them.

My pokemon is on Lv 48, 45, 47, 44,43. And in the elite 4 the pokemon are in lv 45 to ? I think...

shatteredrose
24th March 2011, 4:46 AM
Actually, I found the elite four to be much easier in BW than in previous generations. But this might be just because of my pokemon's levels.

The elite four's pokemon's levels are from ~48 to 50...maybe a 51 or 52. All of my pokemon, except one (that I didn't really use), were level 50.

The guide book suggests that your pokemon should be level 53, but I really didn't have that hard of a time at all compared to previous generations.

Good Luck!

The E
24th March 2011, 4:55 AM
Elite four's pokemon are 48-50
I beat the elite four on my second try, They aren't that hard
The strongest one is Ghetis's Hydrogen(lv 54), but you get to heal before you fight him, and get multiple chances.

I beat them with high level 40's

Pokemon Trainer Blue
24th March 2011, 4:57 AM
The Elite Four was redicously easy. I could upload my run if anyone cares :p

Cobalt_Latios
24th March 2011, 5:04 AM
Despite the fact that half the E4 can be beaten with a strong Dark type, and the rest of it needs both Fighting/Psychic/Flying to handle, it's not so much difficult, as it requires a bit of preparation. I do like the fact that you can choose who you want to battle, as it gives you some neat freedom that wasn't previously available. And it makes for some nice experimentation if you don't know which of your Pokemon to use for battle.

However, the fact that a well trained, right moveset Scrafty can take on 3/4 of the E4 does put something in perspective though. Marshal is the only tricky one, and that's mainly because his team is armed against Flying types. Psychic types are rather easy to come by just as well, but it's still something you may not necessarily have readily at your disposal.

When all's said and done though, yeah, they're pretty easy to beat. And yes, a Scrafty is able to OHKO Shauntal without much issue. Just gotta stat boost when your at Cofagrigus. Caitlin... Reuniclus and Focus Blast just make it a bit hard for Dark types who can't OHKO it. And you definitely will need to. Which is why, Zoroark with a ghost type are a decent combo. IMO, Marshal is the trickiest one. Don't OHKO Throh, and you'll have to worry about Stone Edge. Otherwise, you'll just be hit by whatever else they know.

/CL

HoennMaster
24th March 2011, 5:09 AM
It wasn't bad at all. The only one I had somewhat of a hard time against was Marshal.

Grovyl
24th March 2011, 5:21 AM
The only Pokemon I used were my Swoobat(Marshal) and Scrafty(Everyone else). I thought it was pretty easy. Both of them were level 60, so that made it so much easier. Yeah, I know, I over-trained but I wanted to be prepared! Then, against N and Ghetsis I don't remember who I used.

dragoniteKnight
24th March 2011, 5:23 AM
its incredibly easy, only remotly hard thing was ghetis and his hydreigon

fear995
24th March 2011, 5:26 AM
did all of u fight them a second time?

PsychoIncarnate
24th March 2011, 5:27 AM
I've been training for the Elite Four, because in past generations I was ridiculously underpowered and only got through due to items and luck

I have every member of my choice team in my game training for level 60, except volcarona who I don't think you can even get until AFTER you beat the elite four

RedMage23
24th March 2011, 6:34 AM
I have never whited out/blacked out (I don't know which one it is because it's never happened to me) in White version, because I always plan ahead. Cynthia came VERY close, even with my Level 100 Blaziken (my world traveler from Emerald version), but I just narrowly beat her.

Sweep
24th March 2011, 6:46 AM
While the Elite Four itself was relatively easy, what with poor and easily countered typing, the battles at N's castle afterwards were rather difficult. I found Ghetis' Buffalon (SP?) rather difficult, as it always seemed to 1/2HKO most of my pokemon. Glad I had Zekrom with me.

knetz07
24th March 2011, 8:07 AM
The Elite Four this gen is easy. Ghetsis was hard on my very 1st battle with his Hydreigon(Jap. Black). Swept 2/3 of my team... -.-'

Confusious
24th March 2011, 8:43 AM
Too easy. They're the top trainers. Imo they should have been lv. 80, and had six Pokemon.

The whole game is too easy.

Aquarelle
24th March 2011, 10:47 AM
I found the Elite Four to be quite easy the first time around, especially since they only had four Pokemon each. On White, I made sure to train all my Pokemon to level 55 before taking them on, which made it a lot easier. My Chandelure was very useful, managing to sweep most of the Elite Four's Pokemon.

I have rematched them on my Black, and they were a bit more difficult. Alder's Volcarona was the Pokemon I had the most trouble with, since it KOed half my team after using Quiver Dance a few times.

SynchronizeTime
24th March 2011, 11:39 AM
Well the Elite Four for the first time is really easier than the previous generation. This might be because of the Pokemon I used/level of my Pokemon as I swept them with some Earthquake from my Excadrill and Fire Punch/Flare Blitz from my Darmanitan. Though Marshal is a little difficult among the four.

sgtspontaneous
24th March 2011, 11:51 AM
Fighting Alder was a pain the first time, but of course I saved before, and I was like, OK Alder you SOB...I used his Accelgor to Quiver Dance 3-4 times, then OHKO'd 6 straight pokemon...it was very satisfying.

My Black is my main cartridge, with all my stuff on it, about 95% Dex complete, just gotta finish evolving a few, like Hydra, but I found Emboar and Krookodile kicked butt against the Elite 4 the first runthru. I think I got lucky with a missed Focus Blast against Hydra, but other than that everything seemed to be cake.

AmpharosFanatic
24th March 2011, 11:58 AM
Not tough at all really, I mean if you have enough items they are no real threat plus they only use 4 pokemon each!!!! C'mon now that really shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

With that said, I have yet to face them in a rematch...

Hydrogen
24th March 2011, 12:55 PM
Too easy. They're the top trainers. Imo they should have been lv. 80, and had six Pokemon.

The whole game is too easy.

1. That's what round 2 is for
2. How would we be expected to train for that level with max level pokemon in the wild of 40ish the first go round?

IatosHaunted
24th March 2011, 12:58 PM
The elite 4 were way too easy, I beat each one on my first try with no sweat. I feel like this should've been amended by having more to do in the Plasma Castle. Maybe fight all the sages or something...

Sea Swampert
24th March 2011, 1:05 PM
Strangely I had problems with them. I wasn't particularly under leveled but I think I just had some poor typing.

palapala
24th March 2011, 1:42 PM
Fighting them 2nd time under level by 10 and using only 5 pokemons was pretty tough. (got wiped, ran out of supplies just by going through Marshal)

I have a bunch of EV/IV trained pokemon from previous generation but I want to beat them with my new not EV/IV unova team. (have battle subway items; not using them)

Once I beat them again, I will put battle mode on shift mode (no free switch when they send out).

Some times, I wonder if I might be a little masochistic.

Marvs
24th March 2011, 2:23 PM
Do they get stronger for the second time?

Genesisx3
24th March 2011, 2:39 PM
Do they get stronger for the second time?

To your question^ yes their level will shoot up to at least 68 if I'm not wrong...

Well, IMO, the Elite Four in BW was easier than the previous versions or generation... A few levels like 3 or less lower than the Elite 4 is alright. Your main problem I would guess should be your typing against the Elite Four? It would be best if you have a Dark-Type Pokemon with you. I stress a DARK-Type Pokemon for STAB because, if you have a Garchomp who has crunch versus a Darkrai(Let's say) with Dark Pulse or even Night Slash, the attack difference would be rather big. Well, that's my opinion.

Genesisx3
Never Give Up

TraverseTown
24th March 2011, 2:48 PM
I thought they were relatively easy the first time around, but their rematch teams and levels are much much tougher, I've only been able to beat them twice and not without like 10 Revives and 20 Hyper Potions. And I have two LV.100 Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega
24th March 2011, 2:51 PM
I beat the Elite Four on my first try, for both the story and the post story. I don't find them any harder then past Elite Four.

To your question^ yes their level will shoot up to at least 68 if I'm not wrong...

71 is the lowest level they go to(Five of there Pokemon are of this level), 73(One of their Pokemon is of this level) is the highest(77 if you include Alder).

The Mursu
24th March 2011, 3:53 PM
They weren't too hard for me the first time around, I had a full team of ~50 lvl pokemon, and didn't really need healing items.

The second time wasn't as easy but I was seriously underleveled with my team of about level 63 pokemon. Didn't need any revival herbs on Alder however.

And no, I didn't use any legendaries or even pseudo-legendaries, not even Zekrom :D

Naga's Shadow
24th March 2011, 6:22 PM
They're weaker in the first run but then they just got beat on by N so that's why two of their team is out of commission, I guess. I took them at about 45 all the first time, they weren't that hard but N immediately followed by Ghestis with no time to heal in-between was trouble. The difficulty of those two made up for the weakness of the rest of them.

Second round Adler seemed to have a fixation with bug pokemon didn't he? Three of his were bugs, and his Volcarona would have been brutal, had my Volcarona not already quiver danced twice by the time he sent his out.

O_o'
24th March 2011, 6:38 PM
It took 3 tries. :|
Finally beat it with a lv 100 Zoroark :p

Thornmask
24th March 2011, 6:53 PM
The Elite Four first time round were so easy. Admittedly I had trained my Serperior up to Lv53, my Emboar up to Lv54, my Samurott up to Lv58 and my Boldore to Lv49 so I had a fair fight against them.

Fighting the Elite Four the second time was actually quite a challenge, I lost to them with a team of Lv65's. In order to beat them I actually made an effort to train my pokemon, catch Volcarona and Kyurem and import over some level 70's from Diamond.

Stack7
24th March 2011, 7:02 PM
I think this Elite 4 has been the easiest out of all the generations. I defeated all of them in one try with only 1 fainted Pokemon. None of them gave me much trouble.

I just play in game so I don't bother with EV's, etc. All my Pokemon were also around the same level as theirs or lower.

I've only fought them the 1st time..I haven't really had time to play the after game yet. They look much harder the second round.

whataffah
24th March 2011, 7:03 PM
They are ridiciously weak in this game, still, if you have a variated team. Got 1 free spot for Reshiram, noticed later on there's a pc in the castle. I used anyone on the team in my sig, except Deino. But ok:

Ghost:
- Haxorus has ShadowClaw and high attack stat.
- Krookodile with Crunch

Dark:
- Archeops with Fly (Scrafty)
- Mienshao
- Leavanny

Psychic:
- Krookodile
- Haxorus with ShadowClaw
- Others had advantage aswell, but weren't needed

Fighting:
- All done with just Archeops, Fly

And 4 the post-E4:

Reviving after a battle with Reshiram? Come on! I caught it with a QuickBall! That thing's sick. Just a blue-yellow masterball... haha

N:
Had problems with Archeops. Took 3 of my poke's out. Rest of his pokemon were easy.

Ghetsis:
Was shocked, no revive? But yeah... it did, and:
No problems at all. Just the Seismitoad Earthquake on Reshiram, but still survived.

aeroi
24th March 2011, 7:12 PM
The Elite Four in this Gen was really easy :/ My first time time through the Elite 4 my team averaged about level 50-52, and while rematching them was a little more difficult it was still too easy.

N was childsplay. I swept through Ghetsis. Alder would've been easy too but that Volcarona got a critical hit when it Hyper Beam'd my Haxorus. Then my Suicune started Calm Mind'ing and Alder couldn't do anything :/

Snigeln
24th March 2011, 7:21 PM
I´d say the Elite4 itself was pretty easy, while Ghetis was a pain. Managed to beat him on first try with one pokemon with about 20 hp left. So glad i made it. :)

PsychoIncarnate
24th March 2011, 7:34 PM
I think I found a way to obtain the last member of my team before the elite four, volcanora!

Some npc wants to give me an egg, and I bet it's a volcanora egg

Winter02
24th March 2011, 7:40 PM
Have only battled them the first round, I did not find them very hard. Might have been because my own Pokemon were at the same levels as theirs and I choose moves that were as effective against them as possible.

Larry
24th March 2011, 8:06 PM
I beat them very easily my first time with Pokemon in the upper 40s. The second time took a while just to get my team ready but I still found them easy except Alder's Volcarano.

magikot
24th March 2011, 8:21 PM
A properly trained Leavanny with Shadow Claw, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace and either Swords Dance or Leaf Blade holding an Expert Belt can solo the entire Elite 4 which is kind of sad.

As does a Krookodile with Crunch, Brick Break, Aerial Ace and a filler move (I like Earthquake or Bulk Up).

The members of the elite 4 should have had at least 5 pokemon each. And a more varied typing would have helped too. A grass and water type trainer would have been nice. Grass trainer: Sawsbuck, Amoongus, Ferrothorn, Whimsicott/Lilligant (depending on version), Leavanny. Water trainer: Jellicent, Seismitoad, Alomomola, Swanna, Carracosta. It's sad that Lenora and Elesa were each harder than the entire e4 combined.

Or my changes for the e4:

Shauntal - Add one more ghost, I'm thinking Confagrigas
Grimsley - Scrafty, Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Zweilous, Krookodile
Caitlyn - Add a Swoobat.
Marshal - Add a Scrafty.

Another change they could have made is make each e4 member a different battle type. Shauntal could be triples, Grimsley a rotation, Caitlyn doubles, and Marshal a singles match.

There's just so many options Gamefreak can take to make the elite 4 a more fun and more challenging encounter.

Lorde
24th March 2011, 8:47 PM
The Unova Elite Four were pretty easy to defeat when I played the Japanese versions. All of my Pokemon were in the mid 50's so that might have something to do with it. I beat Grimsley first and he was pretty easy. Then I defeated Shauntel and Marshal. I defeated Caitlin last and she was the only real challenge at the time. I had a harder time against the Unova Elite Four the second time I challenged them. I was using a team consisting of level 100 Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem but I still had trouble :x

ForeverFlame
24th March 2011, 8:52 PM
The Elite Four was awful. I swept them with my Level 40 Zoroark. They give you a false sense of security for Ghetsis though.

The second time around they're a lot more challenging (I had a Level 100 Gardevoir, Level 75 Kyurem, and Level 70 OriGiratina on my team!), but my Volcarona still mopped the floor with them. All I needed was to use Hypnosis, switch Volcarona in, and spam Quiver Dance.

TheTruth
24th March 2011, 9:27 PM
I think I found a way to obtain the last member of my team before the elite four, volcanora!

Some npc wants to give me an egg, and I bet it's a volcanora egg

It is. Keep in mind though that it doesn't evolve until it's level fifty-something.

I found them to be incredibly easy both times around. I took all of Shauntal's team out with one hit with Serperior after boosting with Coil. Grimsley was just pathetic, and I used Psychic from Reuniclus and Aerial Ace with Braviary to take out Marshal. The one I had the most trouble with was Caitlin, and that was only because her Gothitelle didn't get ko'ed after one hit from Shadow Ball

palapala
24th March 2011, 9:39 PM
Just went through 2nd e4. Four lv61, one lv63. After completion, one lv62 swanna, lv43 mushanra, two lv64 zebstrika gigalith, one lv66 serperior. 20 hyper potions, 18 revives, 3 max revives, 2 ether used, 20 moo moo milk (mobile pokemon center).

Swanna + Musharna > Marshal
Even contribution = Shauntal
Serperopr + gigalith > Grimsley (defensive setup, he had no wothy special atk)
Even contribution = Caitin
Stealth rock > Alder except bouffalant... (no fighting move >.<)

Majority of potion used on Alder's Bouffalant... Swanna fainted, and couldn't feather dance his attack and he full restore it a few times. Has to rocky helmet + recoil it to death.

They were critting me so often, coil setup etc were nearly worthless.

Also... I miss N so much...

Dragoniteftw
24th March 2011, 10:53 PM
Easy!
did 2nd time with level 65's and under, 2 share weakness to dark and bug
Alder is a push over.

Atome
24th March 2011, 10:55 PM
The only trouble I had on my first run was Marshal's Sawk, because of sturdy it didn't get KO'd in one hit from my Swoobat. Don't know about this time around since I'm still SRing for my shiny starter, but that first run was fun :3

pokemon player
24th March 2011, 11:14 PM
To be perfectly honest, i found the elite four easy ish with blacking out once but with ghetsis i got owned 3 times in a row by hydreigon. I swear, hydreagon should be a freaking legendary!!

Dark Sharpedo
25th March 2011, 12:34 AM
I found the elite four easy... the first, and second time around, the second was the easiest cause they give you a chance to PokeTransfer from P/Plt/D/HG/SS which means you could bring very strong pokes over to dominate that round of the E4

Piemonster24
25th March 2011, 2:37 AM
My pokes were all in the low 40s when I started, so I actually had a hard time with marshal and the dark guy. Caitlin was just stupid. Zoroark disguised as conkelldurr swept her whole team without getting scratched because they kept using psychic.

Dillon Wheeler
25th March 2011, 3:00 AM
Im actually mad at the low levels of the elite 4.I cant use hydreigon,volcarona,or all the other billion pokemon that evolve so late.Plus they're all the same level.I'm wishing it was like kantos elite 4 levels.

JDavidC
25th March 2011, 4:21 AM
To be perfectly honest, i found the elite four easy ish with blacking out once but with ghetsis i got owned 3 times in a row by hydreigon. I swear, hydreagon should be a *****ing legendary!!Ghetsis is cheating just like Lance, using dragon(s) that are to low in level to exist at their current evolutionary stage.

Painkiller2001
25th March 2011, 5:03 AM
Shauntal - Add one more ghost, I'm thinking Confagrigas

She already has a Cofagrigus.
Unless you mean she could have two, than I understand what you mean.
--
I haven't battled them quite yet. But I'm almost ready to do it.
The only one I'm slightly worried about is Marshal. Seeings how the only move I'll have that will be effective against him will be Acrobatics on Simipour. Unless, I teach Aerial Ace to either Zoroark or Excadrill. But then, those two are at a disadvantage against him. Excadrill being part steel, Zoroark being Dark.

Myabe, whoever I teach AA to, I can send Excadrill/Zoroark out first and hope I can attack first with AA.

Decisions, decisions....

JLaw72
25th March 2011, 5:42 AM
Haven't gone thru for the second time yet but the first went similar to my experience with the E4 from every other gen:

1) Go to E4 thinking I am just going to level up die, level up die, etc.
2) Realize I am already over-leveled.
3)?????
4) Profit.

I really need to stop grinding so much before the E4. I have been doing this since Gen 1 where I wander up there just to poke around and I realize I can beat the first two or three and then think to myself "Hmmm should i just keep going?"

Ghetsis was kinda tough but not too bad.

Er...I did attempt the 2nd time when I was in the late 60s...didn't go well at all....>_>

Naluc
25th March 2011, 5:47 AM
Archeops with U-turn and Acrobatics = Destroys 75% of the elite 4 right there. Very saddening. the other 25% is my OP level 89 Reshiram. (I friggin love Reshiram so he's like 20 levels higher than everything else in my team. Go figure.)

Silent Murderer
25th March 2011, 10:41 AM
i found them very easy,although caitlin did take out half 3 of the 5 members of my team,i found it really saddening that they only had 4 pokemon each,i also found N quite easy and same with ghetsis,except the hydreigon but who didn't have a problem with that,luckily i had my conkeldurr

Brianocerous
25th March 2011, 12:39 PM
They will have 6 pokemon each the 2nd time around i think. I found them way too easy aswell. Went in expecting to mabye get to the 2nd or 3rd guy and nexr thing I know Im fighting Ghetsis.
Loved how I was allowed to choose who I got to fight.

wearjo
25th March 2011, 12:53 PM
haha! found elite for soooooooo easy :D the problem wuz is that my ds went flat before i was able to save D: i had to start over from like lvl 30s (this wuz earlier in the game)

Jinglefruit
25th March 2011, 1:22 PM
I found the E4 ridiculously easy, I went in with mostly level 49's, maybe 2 level 48.
And swept nearly all of them with Scrafty and Galvantula. And Lampent took Marshall. - though they were largly weak to most of my team.
N lost 4 pokemon to my Audino. - which I only bought with me so she could be in the Hall of Fame, where I ditched my starter for her. I expected a tough battle after Scrafty fainted switching in to Zoroark. (I used no revives) And then most of his pokemon I didn't have the right type moves to cover. But Audino rocked them all.

Everyone keeps saying they had issues with Ghetsis' Hydreigon, but Scrafty took him with almost no issue. - though I did switch to Lampent once to stop his focus blast doing any damage. The rest of his team I mostly 1 or 2 hit KO'd

Invader Zim
25th March 2011, 1:28 PM
It was too easy.

JLaw72
25th March 2011, 7:08 PM
Well I went in for the second time with my lvl 70's and swept em. My Chandelure did most of the work for sure. In fact he took out Alder's team by himself with a OHKO every time. I freaking love that mon...

InfiniteBlaze
25th March 2011, 10:52 PM
The E4 was a breeze. I took out half of it with haxorus alone.

Bombadil
25th March 2011, 11:04 PM
The Elite Four in general was easy. Marshal was the only one that posed a challenge to me. At N's castle though... N himself was easy. His zoroark was the only tricky part to the battle. Ghetsis' Hydreigon infuriated me though, nearly wiped me out! That was the only battle I had to use healing items in the middle of.

Silent Conversation
26th March 2011, 3:25 AM
The Elite 4 is pathetic in this game. Beat the entire Elite 4 in one shot the first time around, and then WOULD HAVE beaten it in one shot the second time had I not had terrible luck with Shauntal's Froslass and its never missing Blizzard. After that bump, though, the second time was easier than the first, and Alder was a total joke. 4-6 levels higher than me and I OHKOd four out of six of his Pokemon.

Absol trainer
26th March 2011, 1:08 PM
Elite Four was easy as pie, which is a shame, because they had a great theme. I also think they should've had five pokemon, even if some of them had one more of the same species due to that.

~Light
26th March 2011, 1:25 PM
Elite Four are very easy in this game

Usually I always had a hard time the first time, but had totally no problems now.
N & Ghetsis were much harder

Dillon Wheeler
26th March 2011, 2:59 PM
I was either lucky against that ghetis hydreigon or everyone had real bad luck or sumthin.I used a megahorn on hydreigon with my bouffalent,sent his life to yeelow,then his move missed twice in a row so i took his dreigon out untouched with two megahorns,lol LUCK!

Nibbles4Ever
26th March 2011, 3:58 PM
If you have the right pokemon the elite 4 is pretty much the easiest it's ever been.

Albino Dino
26th March 2011, 5:13 PM
I too thought it was easier than any other of the series. Ghetis was hard though, but I got major hax when his Hydreigon missed like 4 times in a row

Grei
26th March 2011, 6:13 PM
Yeah, fairly easy. It helps that they were all the same level and could be challenged in any order, so if you needed to level up a specific Pokemon for one of them, you could just challenge other ones and easily become a higher level than them. Although, I personally really liked being able to challenge them in any order I wanted.

N was a bit of a challenge, Ghetsis even more so. I have yet to challenge Alder, but since the guide book has the same recommended level of 82 for him as they do for Cynthia, I don't know if I should challenge Alder. Cynthia pulverized me.

Manaphyman
26th March 2011, 6:48 PM
I thought the actual Elite Four were very easy. But I understand the need given the ending. N and Ghetsis were much harder. Even when I left an open spot for Zekrom, I still had trouble beating N (had to use a lot of revives), and actually lost against Ghetsis. In fact it was only with Zekrom that I was able to beat either one.

I'm glad the Elite Four were this way though, it allowed for the ending, which in my opinion, was the best of any Pokemon game ever made.

DarkXWolf12
26th March 2011, 7:01 PM
They weren't so difficult to defeat.

Shin'ou
26th March 2011, 7:31 PM
Lolwut.. You all think the E4 was so easy compared to other generation's E4 huh?

Well ladies and gentlemen, don't be so quick to be full of yourself yet, because during your first playthrough, they were just letting you in to beat the story. Right after you have watched the ending credit for the first time, why don't you try to visit them once more?.. They're gonna teach you what the ELITE 4 truly are (The lowest level of their pokemon is 71 and they will have 6 instead of 4 pokemon.. Good luck beating them, gents)

Pseudo-Unlegendary
26th March 2011, 8:08 PM
I think there is a huge gap between the elite four pre and post national dex, it took me a while to train before I could beat them again.

Dragrath
26th March 2011, 8:19 PM
I've been training for the Elite Four, because in past generations I was ridiculously underpowered and only got through due to items and luck

I have every member of my choice team in my game training for level 60, except volcarona who I don't think you can even get until AFTER you beat the elite four

You can get before the Elite Four if you go to route 18 there is a guy who hands you an egg(all you need is surf no other requirements)
I actually had mine defeat Brycen so...(Note it ridiculously hard to train especially if you EV train...

PsychoIncarnate
26th March 2011, 8:20 PM
You can get before the Elite Four if you go to route 18 there is a guy who hands you an egg(all you need is surf no other requirements)
I actually had mine defeat Brycen so...(Note it ridiculously hard to train especially if you EV train...

Yep, I have the egg now. I'm resting the game until I get a female from it so I can breed it

Dragrath
26th March 2011, 8:26 PM
Yep, I have the egg now. I'm resting the game until I get a female from it so I can breed it

I was going to do that but I got a male one with such a good nature and stats I just couldn't turn it down...)

Lorde
26th March 2011, 8:37 PM
Well, I just challenged Shauntel in White version and she was pretty easy this time around. The only Pokemon of hers that I wasn't prepared for was her Jellicent so it managed to mess up me strategy. Other than that, I had an okay time against her. I fought Marshal after her and he totally wiped the floor with me. I had to use two Revives and several Full Restores just to take down his Fighting-type Pokemon. I've heard that his Pokemon are a challenge but that was ridiculous. I'm suddenly not looking forward to battling Grimsley and Caitlin.

Valoo.
26th March 2011, 8:51 PM
They were very easy. I swept them with Zoroark (and no I wasn't ridiculously over-leveled, I had 48-50s)

Slowemperor
26th March 2011, 9:39 PM
Shauntai: Krookodile+Serperior wyped her with no problem
Marshall: Reuniclus does it pretty well, except for Mienshao, but it can be taken down easily with Cofagrigus
Grimsley: Darmanitan with Hammer Arm/Superpower (changed in my later tries) makes it a joke
Caitlin: Cofagrigus and Krookodile, not even worth my time
The funny thing is that I was running it to level up for N and I accidentaly beat it with Carracosta still in level 46. N was tough because I refused to use Zekrom, and I had no Dragon-type moves for Reshiram, but worked my way around it. Ghetsis Hydreigon killed me a couple of times, but then I Superpower'ed him out and the rest was clean.
Now I'm pumping my team for rematch. It is a shame there is a huge gap of training between low 60s (wild pokés, trainers from post-E4 routes and rivals re-matches) and mid-70s (Cythia, GF boss, E4) which is so tedious to work...
The fact that the levels were stable, the order chosable and the Champion not in the old "lose and resart" fashion, made it easier compared to HG/SS E4 that nagged me in the summer, even though I used Ho-oh (I dislike the use of ubers) in certain desperate runs.

Sert908
26th March 2011, 9:41 PM
I haven't gotten there yet, but I hope to soon!

Grei
26th March 2011, 10:29 PM
Lolwut.. You all think the E4 was so easy compared to other generation's E4 huh?

Well ladies and gentlemen, don't be so quick to be full of yourself yet, because during your first playthrough, they were just letting you in to beat the story. Right after you have watched the ending credit for the first time, why don't you try to visit them once more?.. They're gonna teach you what the ELITE 4 truly are (The lowest level of their pokemon is 71 and they will have 6 instead of 4 pokemon.. Good luck beating them, gents)

You do realize this has happened every single Generation? Granted, the levels are usually only boosted in the 3rd installment, but... yeah. Clearly they're going to be harder to beat when they have Pokemon in the 70's and have National Dex Pokemon. Generally, though, those battles aren't counted in discussions like this, as they are intentionally beefed up for a post-game challenge.

AmusedMilk
26th March 2011, 11:01 PM
First time was EASY. I haven't tried the rematches yet, but from the looks of it, I've got a lot of training to do.

Grand~Kingdra
27th March 2011, 12:21 AM
Well, I was aiming for winning without any item usage, and I was major underleveled. after about 10 goes of just leveling up, fainting (spent all money beforehand) I beat them all with few items (two hyper potions and a revive?)

DoubleJG3288
27th March 2011, 12:29 AM
The first run through of the E4 was very easy for me. I am almost ready for my rematch with them, and I am hoping for something a bit more challenging. The E4 themselves look great, and so do their rooms.

Cougardc
27th March 2011, 1:06 AM
I'm having a lot of problems with the E4. My highest is Excadril at 50, while the rest are mid 40's. My problem is that I don't have a really good place to grind up my pokemon from 40->50... so I'm suiciding up against the E4 (I can kill the Pyschic chick okay) to get levels from the big exp boosts... but that's costing me tons of money.

I think a ton of my problem is so far, I've just been able to sweep and for whatever reason I'm just getting obliterated by Super Effective Attacks (non-STAB) from the E4 that is just catching me off guard.

I've tried two different comps so far, neither have a ton of success:

44 - Samurott
50 - Excadrill
47 - Sigilyph
44 - Gigalith
47 - Litwick (waiting to 49 to evolve to pick up Shadow Ball, and this is hurting me, I know)
44 - Throh

The other team was mostly the same:
Minus Samurott - Add 45 - Fraxure
Minus Throh - Add 42 - Virizion

Then again, this is the first game where I've actually stuck with it long enough to get to the E4, so I'm hardly the vet most of you are.

WhiteForest
27th March 2011, 1:07 AM
My team for the E4 was all lvl 41 so it was a bit difficult. However, this is the first gen where I beat them on the first try. (I usually lost and had to go train more)

PsychoIncarnate
27th March 2011, 1:48 AM
I'm having a lot of problems with the E4. My highest is Excadril at 50, while the rest are mid 40's. My problem is that I don't have a really good place to grind up my pokemon from 40->50... so I'm suiciding up against the E4 (I can kill the Pyschic chick okay) to get levels from the big exp boosts... but that's costing me tons of money.

I think a ton of my problem is so far, I've just been able to sweep and for whatever reason I'm just getting obliterated by Super Effective Attacks (non-STAB) from the E4 that is just catching me off guard.

I've tried two different comps so far, neither have a ton of success:

44 - Samurott
50 - Excadrill
47 - Sigilyph
44 - Gigalith
47 - Litwick (waiting to 49 to evolve to pick up Shadow Ball, and this is hurting me, I know)
44 - Throh

The other team was mostly the same:
Minus Samurott - Add 45 - Fraxure
Minus Throh - Add 42 - Virizion

Then again, this is the first game where I've actually stuck with it long enough to get to the E4, so I'm hardly the vet most of you are.

No better place to grind for levels than victory road, the room with the doctor.

Every time your pokemon's PP or HP gets low, just talk to the doctor

Psynergy
27th March 2011, 1:55 AM
this E4 actually stood a decent chance. they had good moves this time. i beat them fairly easily, but they put up a good fight.
my team after winning:
serperior lv.50 (the E4 got him there. he was lv.46 before them)
unfezant lv.46
simipour lv.46
crustle lv.47
klang lv. 46
vanillish lv. 45

yes, i beat ghetsis with this team, believe it or not. it only took me one try.

PsychoIncarnate
27th March 2011, 2:02 AM
If people are fighting them with pokemon in their 40's - 50's I think I trained enough

My pokemon are all 50 - 70

Illusion-Master-Zoroark
27th March 2011, 2:08 AM
Zekrom Lv.51 ( Replaced With Rufflet )
Darmanitan Lv.54
Gigalith Lv.48
Deino Lv.38 ( Was training :/ )
Samurott Lv.55
Conkeldurr Lv.49

I beat the E4 easily With these pokemon.......

Psynergy
27th March 2011, 2:09 AM
wow, with levels like that, you could beat the elite four in the second run.

Grei
27th March 2011, 2:19 AM

You do realize this has happened every single Generation? Granted, the levels are usually only boosted in the 3rd installment, but... yeah. Clearly they're going to be harder to beat when they have Pokemon in the 70's and have National Dex Pokemon. Generally, though, those battles aren't counted in discussions like this, as they are intentionally beefed up for a post-game challenge.

Actually, I have something to add.

I'm on my third run-through of this beefed-up Elite 4. During my first run-through, where all of my Pokemon were about 71-ish, I was able to take down... all five of them, without much trouble (the only one that gave me trouble was Marshal). They were so easy, I'm now using them to train my Golett.

Unova's Elite Four, as much as I love them, are not challenging at all, even when their stats have been boosted to the 70's range. All you need is a good strategy and it's cakewalk.

Shin'ou
27th March 2011, 2:45 AM
You do realize this has happened every single Generation? Granted, the levels are usually only boosted in the 3rd installment,

Except for the first two generation if my memory does not fail me.

And usually the E4 level won't get upgraded unless you have completed the post-game story, so while you did that your pokemon naturally got toughened up to be ready to face them again once you can challenge the new upgraded E4... But not in this game.

Angeltripper
27th March 2011, 2:49 AM
ghosts can pwn all of them exept grimsley where you should use bug or fighting

Grei
27th March 2011, 2:49 AM
Except for the first two generation if my memory does not fail me.

And usually the E4 level won't get upgraded unless you have completed the post-game story, so while you did that your pokemon naturally got toughened up to be ready to face them again once you can challenge the new upgraded E4... But not in this game.

That's true.

Although it's not as if that matters too much. Strategy matters, too--clearly, since I had no problem with the toughened Elite Four. They're pushovers, even after getting the upgrade.

Shin'ou
27th March 2011, 2:52 AM
Lol yeah, once your pokemon get on their level, you won't have any problem... But what matters to me is that you can't abuse them to grind and level up your pokemon while milking some nice amount of cash from them before you reach the level to beat them like in the previous gen.....

Naluc
27th March 2011, 2:59 AM
I was underleveled for the Elite 4 and N and Ghetsis. every single one of them was a pain but I defeated them all in a series of epic battles on my first run.

Best game ever.

Angeltripper
27th March 2011, 3:03 AM
it was the 2nd weakest e 4 ive faced after jhoto. they are weak. here you just need a ghost type like chandelure/spiritomb/sablye and a dark type like zoroark you might also want a bug type like scolipede, leavanny, or volcarona.

joskel
27th March 2011, 9:34 AM

You can get Larvesta in an egg on rt.17 I think.

Mister_SGG
27th March 2011, 2:55 PM
The... Unova E4... difficult?

You've got to be kidding me. On my first save, I beat them with a team of 50s.

Second save, I beat them with level 54s, because I wanted to evolve Rufflet, and decided I might as well get them all to level 54.

Every E4 except for Unova's was somewhat difficult (except for Emerald). Kanto was severely difficult, Johto because of the big jump from Clair, and Hoenn (only the RS one). Sinnoh was SOOO hard, cause Cynthia's Chomp was level 66, an exact 17 levels higher than Volkner's Luxray. Platinum made it somewhat easier, though.

The only E4 member I had trouble with was Marshal.

cpman
27th March 2011, 7:20 PM
I love how it took me like 25 tries to beat them the first play through, but the second time through it took me one.

Geekachu
27th March 2011, 8:34 PM
On the first playthrough I had no troubles whatsoever, all my team were Lv50 when I entered (and that was without any serious grinding)

I left it a little before I challenged them again and then when my team was around the early 70 mark I beat them again. The only trouble throughout was Alder's Volcarona.

Does anyone else think Shauntal really looks like Velma from Scooby Doo?

happisquare
27th March 2011, 8:46 PM
First run through was to easy (Beat it with one pokemon) :D

Larry
27th March 2011, 8:47 PM
First run through was to easy (Beat it with one pokemon) :D

Any runthrough should be easy if you've only trained one Pokemon.

gandaf
27th March 2011, 9:04 PM
I found the elite four themselves pretty easy....the only one that beat me was Marshal who's Mienshao beat me once....then Ghetsis's Hydregion got me but that was about it and when i went in all my guys were lv 45. I havnt went second time around though

AwesomeSauce117
27th March 2011, 9:13 PM
I found them super easy. The only two that gave me slight trouble were Marshal and Shauntal, and they were pretty easy too.

Nima
28th March 2011, 3:02 AM
Only Shauntal was hard for me D:... i fought them with a lvl 59 Serperior, 62 Throh, 51 Excadrill,Hm slave. Due to Throh being over leveld, Dark guy was easy, and Hydregion was a joke.. just used superpower~ on throh and it died.

Grovyl
28th March 2011, 3:10 AM
Only Shauntal was hard for me D:... i fought them with a lvl 59 Serperior, 62 Throh, 51 Excadrill,Hm slave.

I can tell why Shauntal would be hard for you. All you need is a Swoobat and Scrafty that are a decent level and you beat them. Luckily I really like Swoobat and Scrafty.

WaffleCopter
28th March 2011, 3:19 AM
my first run through was kinda hard cuz i had under leveled pkm.... i just trained on the elite four for awhile until i got up there... then i finally beat it with scrafty, krookidile, and emboar...

Xyllerion
28th March 2011, 3:26 PM
The upgraded version was harder. Lv 71 - 73 and Lv. 75 - 77.

bluemage14
28th March 2011, 5:29 PM
I keep getting mawed by them. -.-

My team consists of...

lv. 56 Victini
lv. 55 Carracosta
lv. 55 Serperior
lv. 52 Swoobat
lv. 54 Stoutland
lv. 29 Larvesta

Anybody have any advice?

TheHauntedOne
28th March 2011, 6:37 PM
I've only beaten them the first time around, and it wasn't too hard at all. Just make sure to keep weaknesses in mind.

I've yet to level up high enough to be able to win the 2nd time around, but I imagine it's much more difficult.

edit: bluemage14... That is an okay team, though I suggest putting a dark-type on your team, as both Shauntal and Caitlin's pokemon are weak to them. Maybe try to level up your Larvesta to take out Grimsley. Hope that helped. :)

Todoserugi
28th March 2011, 6:39 PM
it wasn't hard at all the first time. i ohkoed them all except the steel dark type. i used haxorus. first turn swords dance and then used dragon claw.

bluemage14
28th March 2011, 7:44 PM
I've only beaten them the first time around, and it wasn't too hard at all. Just make sure to keep weaknesses in mind.

I've yet to level up high enough to be able to win the 2nd time around, but I imagine it's much more difficult.

edit: bluemage14... That is an okay team, though I suggest putting a dark-type on your team, as both Shauntal and Caitlin's pokemon are weak to them. Maybe try to level up your Larvesta to take out Grimsley. Hope that helped. :)

It did thank you :) I have a Krookodile at lv. 40 so I might just train him. (I have a grudge against Scrafty)

AromaFlora
28th March 2011, 8:26 PM
The fact that the Elite Four only had 4 Pokemon instead of 5 Pokemon this time around was interesting (to match the "four), but that certainly made them easier to mow through, sadly enough. Scrafty itself can rampage through the entire Elite Four, except for the Fighting one, who's easier taken care of by any Psychic- or Flying-type, though you may need about two Revives since Conkeldurr can take a hit and Payback/Stone Edge, and Sawk has Sturdy. >_>

Yeah, your Pokemon will usually be in a range of 46-54 I think (I had Scrafty turn level 58 when I finally got to the Ghetsis dude, but that's for another thread).

If you're having troubles with them, it's probably either your selection of Pokemon, the lack of items to support your team, you haven't been battling some trainers for the experience, or you're not taking advantage of the wonderful item called Lucky Egg.

edit:

I keep getting mawed by them. -.-

My team consists of...

lv. 56 Victini
lv. 55 Carracosta
lv. 55 Serperior
lv. 52 Swoobat
lv. 54 Stoutland
lv. 29 Larvesta

Anybody have any advice?

Really? Yeah, I think it's your Pokemon that's making you get lose or something, despite the obvious high levels. You probably want Shell Smash on Carracosta, and I'm pretty sure you'd do better! X-Defense/Special Defense to tag along will do fine too. Larvesta is pretty irrelevant for now, Stoutland... Swoobat... Serperior... yeah, I can't comment on them, lol. Victini should be your MVP, alongside Carracosta.

Let's see... against Ghost girl, I think she's your problem, huh? X-SpD up Carracosta + Shell Break Crunches should be defeating her. For Dark dude, the same should do well with X-Def and Aqua Tail/Rock Slide. Psychic girl, she seems harder, but X-SpD and Full Heals/Hyper Potions for Carracosta should do well when Shell Breaking. Swoobat should be able to take on Fighting guy without too much troubles.

PoKeDyLaN
28th March 2011, 8:38 PM

Wrong, route 18 I think it is like an island type thing at the top of the hill after some flight of stairs theres a tiny building just go in there, the guy in there has an Egg when hatched it is a Volcorona which at lvl 59 is a Ulgamoth so YES you can get it before the E4 if you want to train up it it would be long otherwise after E4 if I'm correct Volcorona is in Relic Castle.
If I'm not mistaken Volcorona is the best stats pokemon to date if it had the nature "wonderguard" it would be virtually unstoppable.

RedMage23
28th March 2011, 8:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken Volcorona is the best stats pokemon to date if it had the nature "wonderguard" it would be virtually unstoppable.

You mean ability, btw. And it would not be virtually unstoppable, due to the ubiquity of moves like Waterfall and Stone Edge, not to mention the inevitable 4th gen imports knowing Stealth Rock. Unless of course you're just talking about the Elite 4, in which case you'd be more accurate.

PoKeDyLaN
28th March 2011, 8:47 PM
You mean ability, btw. And it would not be virtually unstoppable, due to the ubiquity of moves like Waterfall and Stone Edge, not to mention the inevitable 4th gen imports knowing Stealth Rock. Unless of course you're just talking about the Elite 4, in which case you'd be more accurate.

Well I was trying to sound right :P but I don't think I was.. although breeding that ability is quite rare, and yeah you'd need to put a better move set on it but I'm pretty sure you could make it close to unstoppable.

Hejiru
28th March 2011, 9:02 PM
They were easy. My team was all level 50 and I plowed right through them. The only one I had trouble with was the Fighting-type one, but that was just because my team's type matchups were poor against Fighting-types.

Being able to choose the order you battle them in is a really cool feature.

Chimchar15
28th March 2011, 9:23 PM
My team was:

Emboar lv.46
Simisage lv.46
Unfezant lv.46
Crustle lv.46
Carracosta lv.46
Beartic lv.46

They were pretty easy and I had little difficulty.

5blackout55
6th April 2011, 3:41 AM

Volcarona comes in the form of an egg go to route 1 and surf down to route 17 and 18 at route 18 there is a house go in and with 5 pokemon in your team talk to the ranger ( I think) He/She will give you the Volcarona egg you could get it after getting Fly and Surf

Xavier01
6th April 2011, 4:18 AM
i also find the elite4 easy to defeat. in the first time you will battle them. well. i can say that i won without any preparations. i wasnt able to buy items and level up my team to 60. i only have 3 lvl 50-the starters. when i battle them. and i won. well. i can say they are easy. not sure bout the second round of e4. havevnt battled them yet

fourhundred
6th April 2011, 4:41 AM
Elite 4 the second time around were hard. Every time I'd put a pokemon effective against theirs, they'd have a move that was effective back to me. :/

Example: Lucario fighting ice type and gets earthquaked =[

crazysteve1001
6th April 2011, 4:50 AM
the first time i was pretty under leveled and i thought they were going to be very easy, but i won by luck. But for the second time i had trained in the sports domes alot and was very prepared and beat it in like 5 minutes.

I guess it just depends if you're prepared or not

abraxas
6th April 2011, 5:07 AM
The E4 isn't all that hard, assuming you prepare for it. That said, the first time through, they did provide a bit of a challenge, as I was under leveled, even though I had great type coverage. It took several revives and a number of Hyper Potions, as well as before hand held item changing for me to make it out by the skin of my teeth.

White2011
6th April 2011, 5:11 AM
Dark moves can OHKO 2 of the 4 elite four members, grab a psychic for the fighting guy and get a fighting for the ghost guy. A Scrafty can take on 3 of the 4 elite four members by using crunch and fighting moves.

nahcmo
6th April 2011, 5:29 AM
I would say that if you had super effective moves for the E4's types, then it's the usual; nothing too hard to handle, even if you are under leveled.

On the other hand, if you don't have super effective moves AND are under leveled, then of course it's much more a challenge. For example, on my second playthrough, which I tried to finish as fast as possible, I was had nothing effective against Ghost or Psychic types. Took forever to defeat them, especially the second time around.

Mr. E Goods
6th April 2011, 7:34 AM
I love how you can verse them in any order. That caught me by surprise. Versing them in any order makes it so much easier to train certain pokemon. I thought this E4 had the best interior room designs out of all the games.

Whitelightning
6th April 2011, 9:44 AM
i was disapointed with round 1 of E4
ghetsis was way to easy.

celebi used u-turn
its super effective
the foes hydreigon fainted

Emmande
6th April 2011, 10:17 AM
I found it easy first time around, I haven't taken on post game lvl 70+ elite 4 or alder yet though. The endings pretty epic though. I also thought it was a bit of a let down that you didn't get to fight the sages or shadow triad though, that would've been awesome.

Blackjack the Titan
6th April 2011, 10:56 AM
It doesn't matter if the Pokémon have a lower level. It's all strategy.

jstinftw!
7th April 2011, 12:09 AM
Hm. The Elite 4 themselves weren't that hard. On my White version, I only had trouble with Ghetsis. I had to drain his Hydreigon's PP out and then 4xDragon Dance+Dragon Claw the rest of his team. My team was in their 52's-54's.

But the second time around in White, it was easier. I had to heal often, but it wasn't too hard. This time, they were in their 63's-66's.

And in Black, I swept through no problem. So I think it's typing. This League really makes you worry about typing.

Zanji
7th April 2011, 12:17 AM
Too be honest after the main story with the involvement of N and Ghestis, this Gen's Elite Four suck :/ they are too easily beaten in my opinion even the Champ is easy to crush

All you need is a Poke with Fighting, Dark and Flying type attacks and you got this one in the bag :/

LadyScathach
7th April 2011, 12:23 AM
I thought they were pretty easy with a high 40 range team (and a Lv. 39 Liepard). Caitlin gave me the most trouble, but in the end I just nailed her with Megahorn (Samurott). Archeops tookcare of Marshall. Grimsley wasn't too terribly bad, more Megahorns and a few Brick Breaks, though Shauntal's Poke'mon's speedwas higher than most of mine so she took out about half my team.

N took out half of my team and Ghetsis... well that hacked Hydreigon gaveme problems. >.< And so did the Seismetoad... I think I just
narrowly won that one with Victini.

KickAsh
7th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Krookodile and Serperior were pros when I battled the Elite Four first time around.
Serperior solo'd Marshal's team, only encountering a bit of trouble from Mienshao's U-turn.
Then Krookodile had some fun with Caitlin and Shauntal's Pokemon, and then Grimsley was also easy with a little more help from Serperior. I kept trying to use Scrafty, but it kept fainting. :(

N was easy, too, and the only challenge was Ghetsis.
So I found the Elite Four first time around to be quite easy. Still haven't challenged them a second time, though.
EDIT: Victini helped, too.
My team was:
Serperior
Krookodile
Victini
Scrafty

Aim06
7th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Catelyn was extremely hard for me. I hated her Psychic-type Pokemon!

Angeltripper
7th April 2011, 1:11 AM
the funny thing is, you can use thier types against others.

marshel>grimsley
grimsley>caitlin and shauntel
shauntel>caitlin and...shauntel
caitlin>marshel

alder is the only exeption cause he doesnt have a main type, but he uses many bug types

Painkiller2001
7th April 2011, 7:05 AM
The E4 the first time through weren't that hard at all.

I didn't have as much trouble as I thought I was going to have with Marshall.

I used Simipour for pretty much that whole battle.

I used a combination of Surf/Waterfall/Scald to get his Pokemons health in the yellow (that way their health is still jsut high enough so Full Restores won't be used) and finished off with Acrobatics each time.

N Wasn't brutally hard, either.
The only Pokemon he knocked out of mine, if I remember, was Zekrom.

The battle against Ghetsis wasn't as hard as I thought either.
The only Pokemon that took some time to take out was his Hydreigon.

Now, I'm just levelling up for my final battle with them and the champion.

Sprintking
7th April 2011, 12:45 PM
I was really disappointed in the E4 this time around. No Champion, any order, not to mention I was worried about not having a strong ice type only to find out there were no dragons. Far too easy first time around.

Dynamo_Blitzle
7th April 2011, 1:14 PM
Just about sweeped it with fist plate Zangoose and Zekrom...but it was tougher than before.

5blackout55
7th April 2011, 4:38 PM
Im having trouble with Mienshao and Thorh with Bulldoze and Jump Kick. I training my team for this battle

My team

Emboar lvl 53

Bisharp lvl 52

Rufflet lvl 42

Semisimtoad lvl 48

Druddigon lvl 43

I need some suggestions im thinking of switching Druddigon with Golurk is that a gd idea?

Barrysun
7th April 2011, 7:21 PM
when I first fought the E4, I thought they were too easy. (guess they want us to carry on with the story) but the 2nd round got brutal. but got cooked by Archeops and Bisharp

I was flying and Rock sliding with Archeops. (some tried to use focus blast or Stone edge on it but usely missed) and 1 swords dance with Bisharp and it's slicing and dicing with Night slash

Gigastrike
7th April 2011, 7:44 PM
The only one that was a challange was Ghetsis. I was even able to take out Marshall with just Sigilyph regardless of the fact that it took a rock move every turn.

TheEpicGoomba
7th April 2011, 7:49 PM
I personaly thought it was easy I got Krookodile to kill the ghost lady and the psychic girl
mostly Samurott for marshal and Darmanitan for the dark guy

N was easy
Ghetis killed most my team with stupid Hydreigon

Steered
7th April 2011, 8:41 PM
However, the fact that a well trained, right moveset Scrafty can take on 3/4 of the E4 does put something in perspective though. /CL

My Scrafty did the vast majority of the work in the E4.
It's really easy tbh, none of my pokemon were a higher level than their pokemon at all.

SmartD
7th April 2011, 8:56 PM
I think it's easy for me with Caitlin (since I have Zoroark), a bit tricky with Grimsley and Shauntal, and a bit challenging with Marshal, since he has Pokemon with high attack.

Valoo.
7th April 2011, 9:31 PM
^ Yeah Zoroark makes them easy. Mine killed Shauntal and Caitlin and disguised itself as Rufflet so Marshal kept using rock moves while being killed by aerial ace. And Grimsley was mauled with focus blast. Good times

Blackjack the Titan
7th April 2011, 11:14 PM
I need a recommendation for a team to beat the Elite Four for the first time.
My future team based on present Pokemon:
Bisharp, Conkeldurr, Jellicent, Scolipede, Serperior, Emboar,
Samurott, Leavanny, Swoobat, Swanna, Krookodile, Chandelure,
Zweilous, Larvesta, Archeops, Mienshao, Beartic, Scrafty,
Cobalion, Virizion, Eelektrik, Victini, Cofagrigus, Liepard,
Musharna, Reuniclus, Gothitelle, Ferrothorn, Sawk, Vanilluxe

So which Pokemon should I put in a five member team?

bushie
7th April 2011, 11:19 PM
is it me or is the elite four is getting little too easy maybe i'm just a really good trainer

Blackjack the Titan
7th April 2011, 11:22 PM
is it me or is the elite four is getting little too easy maybe i'm just a really good trainer

I noticed something like that when I first looked 'em up on serebii.net. I could use one Lv. 70 Pokemon that has moves that could take out the common Pokemon type disadvantage from each of the Pokemon from each Elite Four.

Ditto123
8th April 2011, 12:54 AM
Scrafty took everything down. Crunch on Psychic type and Ghost type. Fighting type on the Fighting one and Dark one. The only mild trouble was the Fighting one, but that was because it was the only one that Scrafty was weak to. It was level 65 (I only trained Scrafty cause I love it!). It took down N and Ghetsis....mostly

Endoplasmic Reticulum
8th April 2011, 1:42 AM
I hate that all the types of the elite 4, besides fighting, were used twice already! What's wrong with having a grass, flying, rock, electric, and normal elite 4 members?

5blackout55
8th April 2011, 2:49 AM
I was wondering what did u guys use against Mienshao? Im thinking of Golurk with Fly as Mienshao's moveset deals a maximum damage multiplier of 05X damage to Golurk

Ballistixz
8th April 2011, 4:01 AM
the only one giving me trouble is the dark pokemon user because my main pokemon are ghosts + victini. victini does have hidden power fighting but its not doing as good as i expected....

so now i have to actually go out of my way to level coballion/some other fighting type. sigh. oh well. i knew i should have leveled one when i had the chance... everyone else is fairly easy tho.

i thought coballion would be good enough but for my fighting type but i guess not. i mean he does ok, untill he gets ****ed over by a earthquake...

maybe serperior will save the day this time tho since the last time he died right before i fought the dark user.

Aquaventus57
8th April 2011, 5:11 AM
E4 was easy overall. My team were Mienshao, Serperior, Swanna, Scolipede and Galvantula. And Reshiram in the last two battles. Only Mienshao and Reshiram were at Lvl 50. The other four were between 45-48.

The ghost girl was surprisingly easy. I was afraid of chanderlure (3/5 of my Pokemon were weak to fire), but it got KOed by Swanna's surf.

No problems with the dark guy. Liepard was annoying, tough.

Caitlin was the hardest for me, even with two bugs in my team. No problems with Reuniclus and Sygliph, but Musharna and Gothitelle were hell. I lost 2 or 3 times until i defeated her.

The fighting man was very easy. Coil up 6 times on Throh with Serperior and proceed to sweep with leaf blade.

N and Ghetsis were nothing to write about. I KOed that Hydreigon with Mienshao's Jump Kick.

Painkiller2001
8th April 2011, 6:00 AM
Forgot to mention something!

I like how you can challenge them in any order. Maybe that's why they were so easy to beat (at least the first time)?

Trick Room Octillery
9th April 2011, 9:55 PM
My level 45 Eelektross gave them a beatdown.

deoxysdude94
9th April 2011, 9:56 PM
the elite four was actually easy for me. And my pokemon's levels were lower than theirs.

\Mightyena/
10th April 2011, 5:12 AM

You can get a Larvesta egg on Route 18 with the use of Surf.

cookies kill you
10th April 2011, 5:23 AM
if you train your pokemon to the right level it is pretty easy especially getting them up to the champs level

PsychoIncarnate
10th April 2011, 5:28 AM
Still haven't faced the Elite 4, LOL

I finally have my Hydreigon of awesomeness, just 2 more pokemon to level (Carracosta and Volcarona)

Too busy breeding to perfection to finish the game

dragoniteKnight
10th April 2011, 5:31 AM
the e4 was to easy, i waltz in with my lvl 62 scrafty and it swept their teams after 2 DD (ofc he died after he missed twice in a row with HJK @_@)

Haxorusfan
10th April 2011, 4:16 PM
Th E4 in this game was so easy. I didn't need to revive any of my pokemon.

PokeMEN
10th April 2011, 4:37 PM
the elite four in this game were to easy, i had a level 45 krookodile and all my other pokes were 3 or 4 levels lower and i swept with my krookodile basically...I had to do no extra training for them, but this is just my experience. I rushed the elite four

luxrayshock
10th April 2011, 4:40 PM
Just because of certain pokes I used on my team renbu was somewhat difficult, everyone else was pretty simple with type matching

Drgntmr
10th April 2011, 6:15 PM
it was pretty simple. i needed to use 4 Revives (3 after facing Marshal) and a few Hyper Potions. i spent a good bit training my team to lvl55 so i wouldnt have problems between the E4 and the 'N'-Ghetsis battles. his Hydreigon was tough, but once i got him out of the way, the rest werent a problem.

my team consisted of: Zebstrika (put him away in the PC before grabbing Zekrom), Chandelure, Conkeldurr, Braviary, Seismitoad & Druddigon

Painkiller2001
10th April 2011, 7:26 PM
At first, I thought that my Pokemon didn't get healed before I challenged Ghetsis. N actually fainted either 2 or 3 of My Pokemon (Zekrom and two others I don't remember). So when the battle with Ghetsis came, I was thinking "Um, 3 of my Pokemon are still fainted, this isn't fair!"

It's going to take me a while yet before I get the chance to do the final E4 challenge. I still have lot's of leveling up before my Pokemon are strong enough o take them on again. And also because I've been taking a break from White for a bit lately.

LokiTheGengar
11th April 2011, 1:30 AM
E4 was the biggest joke ever. my team was lv. 45 all around, but was 46-48 afterwards. Ghestis was a problem, but Scrafty got lucky on Hydregion(spelled right?) and OHKOed with HJK. Endure/Reversal Victini pwned the Buffalo dude.

ignavusd
11th April 2011, 12:50 PM
While they were a bit underleveled and understaffed, you needa remember that this was only a first run through, and if you follow the plot then Zekrom/Reshiram from N apparently wrecked their team beforehand. So while they were a bit low leveled, that was fixed quite nicely the second run where they seemed to grow 25 levels or so to hit the low 70s.

I personally made it through with lv 52s and only 1 died cause I had no Electric and Jellicent got a critical on me. Ghetsis was easy as all hell cause I had an Emboar with Fighting and an Ice Move on someone else

MewTwoEx
11th April 2011, 2:34 PM
Due to the typing of the elite four, you could probably hammer them with just 2-3 pokemon with ease. The difficulty of the elite four depends on what type of pokemon you are using ;)

WeWereGiants
11th April 2011, 2:42 PM
The Elite 4 themselves weren't hard, but i had problems with Getsis' Hydreigon...

Miss_Pocket_Monster
12th April 2011, 12:13 AM
Due to the typing of the elite four, you could probably hammer them with just 2-3 pokemon with ease. The difficulty of the elite four depends on what type of pokemon you are using ;)

^this.

I had some issues with Marshal because I didn't have a good Psychic or Flying type, but my Chandelure had an easy time with Shauntal and Caitlin, and my Conkledurr had an easy time with Grimsley. I only had to use one revive between all of them.

I will say this, though - I may be the only person in here who had more trouble with N and his Reshiram than I did with Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Maybe it's because my Druddigon had the Quick Claw and took him out hastily, but Ghetsis wasn't as scary as I thought he would be. N, on the other hand, caused me to use two revives. If I hadn't leveled my team into the mid-50s before taking him on, I might have had trouble.

All in all, I still think Sinnoh had the strongest E4, but Unova's E4 was pretty good. Certainly stronger than the Johto E4. :643: :644:

Geekachu
12th April 2011, 12:56 AM
Elite Four were easy sure, but that was so it wouldn't be too much trouble to finish the game first time round. Ghetsis was the real boss, that's why his massively underlevelled Hydreigon was so much of a nuisance

I remember with the E4 I took out each of their first Pokemon with my Samurott, then Sawsbuck was awesomely handy with Faint Attack for Shauntal and Caitlin, then Jump Kick for Grimsely. Then Reuniclus for Marshal. Elsewhere I used Haxorus and Darmanitan for just sheer force.

Drgntmr
12th April 2011, 1:24 AM
...i needed to use the extra revives after facing Marshal was due to the fact he ko'ed my Braviary without the Stone Edge attack. he nailed the bird with a critical with something else.

As for my fight with 'N's Reshiram, i realised his legendary did NOT have a dragon type move, so i kept hitting his Reshiram with my Zekrom's Dragonbreath about a 1/2 dozen times or so (he used a full restore half way through).

Shneak
12th April 2011, 1:27 AM
I actually just fought them for the first time.

Marshal was a bit of a challenge. His Throh and Sawk would not die.

Grimsley was easy.

Shauntal was a bit easy.

Caitlan was the most difficult. I almost got wiped out.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
12th April 2011, 2:39 AM
I actually just fought them for the first time.

Marshal was a bit of a challenge. His Throh and Sawk would not die.

Grimsley was easy.

Shauntal was a bit easy.

Caitlan was the most difficult. I almost got wiped out.

I thought Marshall was the hardest, with his throh and Sawk and me with no reliable counters.

For some reason, I always seem to regard throh and Sawk as pushovers like others like them (Plusle & Minun, Volbeat and Illumise) but they're strong.

Fever
12th April 2011, 3:53 AM
Hoenn Region elite four looks more legit than this.

IatosHaunted
12th April 2011, 4:01 AM

EXACTLY. I had a Krookodile in my team, which solo'd psychic and ghost, and most of dark. Sigilyph for fighting, and I was home free.

Weaver_8
12th April 2011, 4:02 AM
Let me see, this generation I really love. The Elite four I really enjoyed but I really have to agree with everyone. They were for the most part easy. Shauntel and Grimsly were especially easy. Marshal and Caitlin on the other hand went from easy to hard after I went up against for the second time. Adler too was pretty easy... except for his stupid moth! It swept my team fiercely, the reason for this is my Pokemon that would of taken it out was low on hp and was taken out quick. That is his only Pokemon I personally despise.

Piemonster24
12th April 2011, 11:56 AM
How could you have a tough time with Caitlin? Zoroark disguised as conkelldurr can't be scratched because she keeps using phychic, which leaves sigilyph to take care of, because it uses air slash.

KarateMan
12th April 2011, 12:27 PM
The only one I find hard is marshal, especialy his Sawk with sturdy :|

Piemonster24
12th April 2011, 12:30 PM
Marshal was hard because he had stone edge to cover his flying weakness, and my flying type happened to also be my psychic type.

Love Rocket
13th April 2011, 1:48 AM
... Ahahahahahaha oh wow, I feel like such a loser. Everyone is saying the Elite 4 for Isshu is easy, but when I was fighting them I kept raging "OMG HARDEST ELITE FOUR EVER!1!!!!11"

Marshall omg.
I was all pumped going WE CAN DO THIS RENICLUS WE CAN DO THI.S THIS IS A PIECE OF CAKE OHOHOHOHO
But that dang Mienshao. U turn dlsfjsdljfsdlfjsdfjsdf.

Grsimely and Caitlin weren't hard at all, but Shauntal nearly handed me a new one more than once during our battle.

N was pretty easy. Ghetsis's haxx Hydreigon nearly made me rip my hair out though.

Painkiller2001
15th April 2011, 2:26 AM
Just had my final Hall of Fame battle with them a few minutes.
Definitely alot harder the second time around.
There were a few times I thougth Shauntal was going to decimate me for sure! But I showed her who's boss and came out on top!

Alder wasn't as hard as I thought he was going to be.
I thought his Volcarona was going to wipe the floor with me!

Electric
15th April 2011, 2:31 AM
Way too easy, including N and Ghetsis, and my highest leveled Pokemon besides Zekrom was I think level 48, so it wasn't bad at all. I am currently training for round 2 and I'm expecting some tough points.

:629:Oh joy I wear a diaper!

2D Thom
15th April 2011, 2:34 AM
Im currently training for my 2nd fight with the elite 4. There pretty strong. Pokemon with levels 70+.

KrimsonVesper
15th April 2011, 2:47 AM
my team was severly lacking a fighting type counter .... paralyze + Electro ball purges all evils :P

Xyllerion
15th April 2011, 2:47 AM
I actually had a hard time with Geeksis(I call him that cuz he's a geek) especially with Hydreigon and the post Elite Four.

mewichooseyou
15th April 2011, 8:07 PM
I found them to be SUPER easy but I think it's because I was prepared this time with Pokemon all up in the 50's. But wayyyyy easier than previous generations. Only took me one shot to beat them all! :)

XXD17
15th April 2011, 8:12 PM
The elite for itself isn't hard, it's just certain pokemon. for me it was Shauntel's cofagrigus, Grimsley's scrafty, Caitlin's sigilyph, Marshal's sawk...

-Unicorno-
15th April 2011, 8:18 PM
I thought marshal was the easiest, then caitlyn, then shauntai and then grimsly. N was as easy as crap and Ghestis was really hard. 2nd trainer I ever lost to ingame.

The Eleventh
15th April 2011, 8:41 PM
The Elite Four were extremely easy, but that is only to be expected, considering the intense N and Ghetsis fights that follow. The only member that gave me a tiny amount of trouble was Cailtin, but she was easily dealt with. . .

They seem more difficult second time 'round, though.

metagrody6
15th April 2011, 9:14 PM
naw not really. N and Ghestis were the real challenge

Blackjack the Titan
15th April 2011, 11:11 PM
I was about to enter, but my starters were only lv. 50 flat at the time. I might break out my Lv. 100 Bisharp.

pink
16th April 2011, 2:59 PM
I can say the 2nd fight with my subway team was a piece of cake lol.
The first time was a lil hard, i had nothing that could hurt dark types so yeah...
poor Reuniclus :c

streetlightdsb
16th April 2011, 6:01 PM
I notice most people finding them incredibly easy had teams of 6 level 52+

Maybe you'd find it more of a challenge, and therefore more fun, if you did less grinding or something?

Arudo
16th April 2011, 7:16 PM
Does this team look any good for elite four? I feel like I spent more time training for them than anything else :P

Unfeazant lvl 47
Jelllicent lvl 45
Victini - lvl 50
Serperior - lvl 47
Cobalion - lvl 43 atm

And I'm training a new Zorua, I'm always training a new Zorua, is it something up with it's defenses???

this one is lvl 37 atm

I am hoping Jellicent and Unfeazant will do most of the work here, using heals etc. Along with Serperior they seem to be quite powerful on this team atm?

D-World
16th April 2011, 7:22 PM
The E4 Was easy for me.

Shauntal => Killed by Zoroark and Excadrill (Shadow Claw)

Marshal => Musharna destroyed him with the support of Simisear (Acrobatics FTW)

Caitlin => Easiest: Samurott, Excadrill and Zoroark all killed her.

Grimsley => Tricky one, but Excadrill can take him (except Scrafty)

Granttank
16th April 2011, 7:41 PM
Pretty Easy the first time around, considering my Samurott, Darmanitan, Zweillous, Chandelure, and Stoutland were all level 52.
Marshall was definetly the hardest. KO'ing 2 of my pokemon. NExt would be Shauntal, then GRimsley, then Caitlin being the easiest, except for her Reuniclus and Sigilyph.
Then came N and Ghetsis with his superhacking Hydreigon who screwed my whole team.
He has Focus blast, Surf, Dragon Pulse, and I think A fire type move.
Tip: Always overkill everything when facing the elite four.

Adrexus
16th April 2011, 8:02 PM
Yeah I had a pretty easy time as well, Emboar, Simipour, Krookodile, Reuniclus, Sawsbuck and Galvantula all managed to be great contenders this elite four. I was definitely surprised how good Simipour was with Scald, Shadow claw and Surf. Alder was a little challenging though. Especially considering half my team is weak to bug types. But it was still a good run though. Most people had trouble with Hydreigon though, I breezed right through it with Emboar. Also being able to OHKO Mienshao with heat crash was pretty sweet too. Most reliable starter in my opinion. I was amazed that it was actually able to take a psychic from Shauntal's Chandelure. Krookodile makes the perfect Gothitelle counter too.

Eranu™
16th April 2011, 11:44 PM
I did not have much trouble with the elite four.
just the hydreigon and cofagrigus of getsis were a pain.

Granttank
16th April 2011, 11:47 PM
Yeah I had a pretty easy time as well, Emboar, Simipour, Krookodile, Reuniclus, Sawsbuck and Galvantula all managed to be great contenders this elite four. I was definitely surprised how good Simipour was with Scald, Shadow claw and Surf. Alder was a little challenging though. Especially considering half my team is weak to bug types. But it was still a good run though. Most people had trouble with Hydreigon though, I breezed right through it with Emboar. Also being able to OHKO Mienshao with heat crash was pretty sweet too. Most reliable starter in my opinion. I was amazed that it was actually able to take a psychic from Shauntal's Chandelure. Krookodile makes the perfect Gothitelle counter too.

If you read the bold, you can hear me saying WHAT THE FFFFFUUUUU-

Guinno
17th April 2011, 12:32 AM
Caitlin: A combination of Crustle and Mienshao took her down. Might have used Samurott.

Marshall: I thought Unfezant would be better than it is, so I tried to use it.... end results weren't good. So Mienshao beat this guy down.

Shantaul: her name is so weird. Oh wait how I beat her... spammed quiver dance on lilligant and samurott killed chandelure.

Grimsley: took four hits total. Mienshao says whaddup

N: Wasn't super hard, the legend fight in the beginning is less epic than it could be though. Dragonbreath and slash? Ugh.

Ghetsis: All his pokemon were easy. Hydreigon? My fav gen 5 pokemon Cryogonal OHKO'd him

Its_A_Random
17th April 2011, 12:40 AM
The E4 is of a reasonable difficulty. The main thing that easy modes the E4 is the ability to take them on in any order & all four have the same level pattern. The ability to take them on in whatever order you please means you can go from the hardest to easiest.
In my experience, on the first time around, Marshal was the real problem, especially Sawk, but I was lucky to have a Cofagrigus on my team, & using Will-O-Wisp then Hex really helped against Marshal. The rest were simply owned by Scrafty, even though he had a hiccup against Grimsley...

N & Ghestis were also of a reasonable difficulty, neither were hard, N has a laughable weakness to Fighting, although Scrafty failed to fire, While Ghestis was a challenge. Against Cofagrigus, I knew of his Toxic-Protect combo beforehand, & switched out Reshiram after being Toxic'd to Scrafty to stop him. Hydreigon wasn't a problem thanks to Scrafty, Bouffalant was the real problem, & so was Eelektross, but Bisharp & Seismitoad were laughing stocks; Reshiram bait.

All in all, the E4 are reasonable in difficulty, as well as N, to put it simply, if you're not prepared, you will be hammered. Haven't faced them for the second time yet.

Kewzu
17th April 2011, 1:54 AM
The first time i went in it was pretty easy then right after i wanted to beat that guy with the red hair since i never got to the first time so i went in again and my team got swept by 2 pokemon :P

Arudo
17th April 2011, 4:39 PM
I beat them last night :D This was my team by the time I finished. I used some rare candies to get some lvl'd up before the battle.

Unfezant - lvl 48
Jellicent - lvl 50
Victini - lvl 52
Serperior - lvl 49
Zoroark - lvl 50
Zekrom - lvl 52

I had a lvl 48 Scrafty that I was lvling up before I changed it for Zekrom. The only one of elite four that gave me some challenge was Grimsleys Krookodile! Jellicent and Unfezant did most of the work.

N was not too much trouble but Ghestis wiped my whole team twice with Hydreigon! No matter which poke I brought out, he had a move that almost 1 hit KO'd them, and he cheated by hitting me 2 times in a row quite a lot, killing any pokemon it was facing ... It was my Serperiors Leech Seed that eventually knocked that nasty thing out for the win!

Many potions were used and a few max revives. At one point Unfezant was the only Poke alive, with 6 HP! He used a max revive on Serperior before being annihilated and Serperior managed to revive some of his team mates. It was awesome! ^^;

(( Unfezant did feint a lot throughout the whole thing but it was no problem, he had a job to do! Very brave pokemon! ))

Hiro__
18th April 2011, 3:53 AM
I didn't find the elite four that tough, I mean, I scouted out their teams a bit and which door held which person, but I didn't do any real training for them. My pokemon were in the mid 40s iirc... Zekrom was my highest level poke, I know that much, and I personally found Ghetsis to be a joke, though people have told me he's difficult. N was harder imo but I still beat him on my first try. Xd

Pseudo-Unlegendary
18th April 2011, 3:57 AM
I didn't find the elite four that tough, I mean, I scouted out their teams a bit and which door held which person, but I didn't do any real training for them. My pokemon were in the mid 40s iirc... Zekrom was my highest level poke, I know that much, and I personally found Ghetsis to be a joke, though people have told me he's difficult. N was harder imo but I still beat him on my first try. Xd

Ghetsis is pretty hard IMO. I beat him first try but he pushed me to the brink.

ABXY
18th April 2011, 4:11 AM
The only reason Ghetsis was slightly hard was his Hydreigon. Even then, I still beat him pretty easily. And I didn't find the Elite 4 to be tough at all. I plow through them now with a Zoroark; especially Caitlin. She just never learns.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 10:20 AM
I like Shauntal's 6 member team since it had alot of Ghost mixes.
Grimsley was also a favorite, since he had a really diverse mix of Darks.

bidoofs_are_cool_too!
18th April 2011, 12:45 PM
i had no problems with the elite 4, my gigalith had a quick claw and then stone edge got a critical hit on the ghost leaders chandelure so i can't complain :p

5blackout55
18th April 2011, 3:05 PM
Pokemon White

Emboar lvl 53
Bisharp lvl 53
Semisimtoad lvl 49
Golurk lvl 48

Emboar took care of the Dark type pokemon

Bisharp took care of the Ghost and Psychic type pokemon

Semisimtoad took care of some of the fighting type pokemon

Golurk took care of the rest of the fighting type

I had problems with Mehttp://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=499558&page=11inshao, Thoh and Swak together they killed 3 out of my 4 pokemon in my party

with Team Plasma I used

Zerkom against Reshiram and Elektross

Emboar against Villixue and Kilnklang Bouffalant and Semisimtoad and Hydragion

Bisharp against the fossils and Cofagrigus

Note that I have 30 revives and 30 full restores at that time

Daron720
18th April 2011, 3:24 PM
I'm currently training to take them on for round 2.
The only person (Ghestis included) that I had any sort of problem with was the psychic trainer (it's super early, sorry I'm forgetting names :-p), and that was pretty much because, for some reason, I'm not sure why, I never use Dark pokemon.

So, I beat her, but just barely, and with a lot of luck.
I've pretty much learned my lesson for next time!

SWIZZY_101_
18th April 2011, 8:17 PM
Far too easy this gen, even though they are ment to be hard.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 9:58 PM
the typing needed to be diverse.
Plus they've used all four types twice already
Ghost - Agatha and Phoebe
Dark - Karen and Sidney
Psychic - Will and Lucian
Fighting - Bruno and Bruno (yes Ik that it's the same guy, but it was used for 2 gens already.)
Types GameFreak hasn't used twice or yet.
Fire
Water
Electric
Grass
Poison
Steel
Bug
Ground
Rock
Normal
Flying
Am I forgetting anything?

WishIhadaManafi5
18th April 2011, 10:55 PM
I just took out the Elite 4 recently... wasn't too hard... wished it would have been a little bit harder.

My team...

Krookodile -- Lv. 52

Torment
Foul Play
Crunch
Dig

Haxorus -- Lv. 50

Poison Jab
X-Scissor
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Claw

Serperior -- Lv. 52

Giga Drain
Coil
Leaf Blade
Leaf Tornado

Cobalion -- Lv. 50

Swords Dance
Strength
Iron Head
Sacred Sword

Victini -- Lv. 51

Zen Headbutt
Flame Charge
Flame Burst
Reversal

Zoroark -- Lv. 50

Foul Play
Night Slash
Low Sweep
Punishment

DestroyerOfWorlds
18th April 2011, 11:40 PM
My Scrafty killed off most of the E4 (and N) with CptnFalcon the Braviary eliminating Marshal. And I saved all of the pre-E4 rare candies so I could maul Ghetsis's Hydreigon with... Ghidorah, the world's fastest Hydreigon.

CascadeTOTO
18th April 2011, 11:41 PM
If I remember rightly, my team was;

Samurott Lv57
Scollipede Lv55
Reuniclus Lv55
Elektross Lv55
Chandelure Lv55
Braviary Lv55

Didn't have any problems.

StormNO
19th April 2011, 2:04 AM
Easy level 63 chandelure got them all in one sweep. she had no problem.

crystalzapdos
19th April 2011, 3:52 AM
My Krookodile swept 3 E4 members on an accident. Then I got to Marshall and I got killed.

Though on my attempt to beat the E4, I took out Grimsly first. He was easy with my Crustles x-sizzor and my Samurotts Megahorn. Next was Catlin. Got swept with Krookodile. After her was the Ghost type member whos name I can't remember. Took out Chandilure with Samurott, Jelicent, with Zebstrika, and the mummy and Gollark with Krookodile. Then there was Marshal. He took out Rufflet on the first turn with an unexpected Stone Edge. I pretty much used anything on him.

N wasen't too hard at all.

Ghehetis wasn't hard for a while. Then he sent out his hacked Hydrogen. HHe almost swept my whole team. You know, the whole time i debated wether I should use
Hydrogen or Haxorus. i decided to use Haxorus, but on this day, when his Hydrogen KOed my Haxorus, I found out who was the better Dragon.

So yeah not the hardest E4 ever. Harder than Johtos.

Winter02
19th April 2011, 8:32 PM
Defeated the second round of the E4 today, including the Champion. I had very little trouble with any of the E4 members, they mananged to defeat some of my Pokemon but I was never close to losing. Alder was a bit harder though, especially his Volcarona which could have defeated me if it had managed to get 6 Quiver Dances in. Nothing on my team could have taken it down if that had been the case.

The Eleventh
19th April 2011, 8:37 PM
I think I may re-battle the E4 tomorrow. Are they difficult second time 'round? I plan on using Level 55s in my battles.

Winter02
19th April 2011, 8:40 PM
I think I may re-battle the E4 tomorrow. Are they difficult second time 'round? I plan on using Level 55s in my battles.
Their levels are 71-77. Consider training a bit more before you challenge them.

Umbreon's Girl
19th April 2011, 8:54 PM
The first run through the E4 was pretty easy but I had levels on my side. The only one that gave me trouble was Ghestis and his dragon. It was a level higher than my whole team so it outsped everyone until my Scolipede used Bug Bite on it and killed it in two hits.

The second time around I tried not to level up as much to give myself more of a challenge and I fought them backwards. Marshall, Caitlin, Grimsley, Shauntal. (i fought them Shauntal, Grimsley, Caitlin, Marshall the first time).

Marshall- Gallade Swords Danced once and then swept the team.

Caitlin- Krookodile and Sawsbuck (Sawsbuck knows Faint Attack)

Grimsley- Scolipede starts off with Bug Bites, Gallade uses Close Combat, Sawsbuck uses Jump Kick, and Samurott uses revenge

Shauntal- Again, Krookodile and Sawsbuck (Sawsbuck knows Faint Attack). IMO, she was the easiest the first time around so I saved her for last

Alder- Everyone pitched in to kill his f-ing bugs and once those were gone the rest of his team was a breeze.

I also brought along an Eelektross, but she didn't really fight much. I trained her specifically for the second E4 fight, but I didn't really need her though she had a pretty diverse move pool just in case.

Samurott, Scolipede, Krookodile, Sawsbuck, Braviary, and Beararctic were my team in the first run. Swapped Beararctic for Zekrom when prompted.

Samurott, Scolipede, Krookodile, Gallade, Sawsbuck, Eelektross was my team the second time around

Dattebayo
19th April 2011, 8:56 PM
I refused to use Scrafty (because it's a gangsta wannabe) and Swoobat (because it stinks outside of its DW ability)and instead use my Black team, all at lvl 50 at that time, to face them head on. Had to use a lot of potions and revives after defeating a member. The rematch gets a bit harder even when my Black team were at lvl 75. It's pretty impressive that they used 4 typings that are weak against each other (Dark < Fighting < Psychic < Ghost) and how each of them were used in the Pokemon League for the third time. Alder was pretty much weaker than Cynthia due to having three bug types in his team, and my Seismitoad has helped me beat his Volcanora just like how it helped me beat Drayden's Haxorus. I do have to question him on why he uses a Vanilluxe, which has one of the worst typings and movepools of all time.

Twix92
19th April 2011, 9:55 PM
So, at the moment, I have Emboar, Seismitoad, Volarona, Vanilluxe, Musharna and Mow Rotom, all at around Level 70, ready for the Elite 4 (They'll probably all be at Lv75 before I begin), however, I also have a Ditto, Galvantula, Escavailer, Hydreigon and Bouffalant all at 65. Should any of these be swapped in with my current team?

Twix

Dattebayo
19th April 2011, 10:12 PM
So, at the moment, I have Emboar, Seismitoad, Volarona, Vanilluxe, Musharna and Mow Rotom, all at around Level 70, ready for the Elite 4 (They'll probably all be at Lv75 before I begin), however, I also have a Ditto, Galvantula, Escavailer, Hydreigon and Bouffalant all at 65. Should any of these be swapped in with my current team?

Twix

Replace Vanilluxe with Hydreigon, he has the same coverage for one of Alder's Pokemon like Vanilluxe, only better.

Squirtlemasterr
20th April 2011, 11:07 AM
My first run with the E4 was easy with the exception of Marshal who took me to the final bell. N and G went down kinda easy too because of Reshiram.

The E4 rematch was more challanging. I didn't know they'd be so strong. This run, the Psychic trainer gave me problems. Mostly as a challange to myself I do NOT use items and potions when I battle. Only in wild encounters to save myself the embarrasment of blacking out from a wild pokemon lol. Alder however took me to the last hit of my last pokemon. He left me with 20 HP. Then I rocked him with Draco Meteor FTW.

Twix92
20th April 2011, 1:20 PM
Replace Vanilluxe with Hydreigon, he has the same coverage for one of Alder's Pokemon like Vanilluxe, only better.

Will do! Thanks very much for the advice :)

Poke_Mania97
20th April 2011, 1:37 PM
Wow E4 was too easy, well probably cause my pokemon were 20lvs higher! Ghetis and N were easy too!

Mr. pokedude
20th April 2011, 2:06 PM
Wow E4 was too easy, well probably cause my pokemon were 20lvs higher! Ghetis and N were easy too!

W.O.W but seriously? I had like like 40 - 48 and thrashed them first try. The only problem was that hydreigon. It destroyed like my whole team about five times, in fact I most likely only beat it from pure luck... and focus blast's bad accuracy.

On topic, I zoomed through E4 first time round like nothin'. Still haven't gone for the second time cause im still working on my team even though i could just walk in and zoom through.

Nebbio
20th April 2011, 6:04 PM
I didn't even need to use a revive first try.

pokemon player
20th April 2011, 6:51 PM
The first time around they were easy and I only had trouble with Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Still in vigorous training for round 2 :)

JeremyK
21st April 2011, 11:40 AM
I found round one really easy, and i thought it was the actual round :O but then i saw that they get two new pokes and go to lv70-75, i found it hard, but not as bad as the sinnoh elite four. WAYWAYWAY easier than kanto and hoenn.

lamby101
21st April 2011, 2:31 PM
I was pretty disappointed with the Elite 4 the second time around, I managed to beat them with http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/503.gif http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/553.gif http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/596.gif http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/612.gif http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/614.gif http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/Front/494.gif with them ranging in level from 62-70.

Just thought it was a little bit too easy.

Was also pretty disappointed that the first time round, the Elite 4 only had 4 pokemon each, all of which followed the exact same level pattern.

Malanu
21st April 2011, 3:03 PM
Except for their levels I wasn't impressed by the E4. Dark types were very effective v 2 of em. and Psychic was the win v the other half.

Now lvl grinding v 70+ lvl E4 was such a shock my first time that I actually shut off the game & went grind elsewhere!

Larry
21st April 2011, 3:07 PM
I taught X-Scissor to my Haxorus and after 1 Dragon Dance the Dark and Psychic were swept.

Malanu
21st April 2011, 4:38 PM
Yeah Bug was the big surprise in this version. Sewaddle turned out to be a very useful Bug/Plant & I hadn't caught on till it was silly for me to grind up the levels.There are some rather cool Bugs (Scyther, Beedrill to name a couple) That just couldn't get a break in the old games that would have powned in B/W.

Poke_Mania97
21st April 2011, 5:49 PM
W.O.W but seriously? I had like like 40 - 48 and thrashed them first try. The only problem was that hydreigon. It destroyed like my whole team about five times, in fact I most likely only beat it from pure luck... and focus blast's bad accuracy.

On topic, I zoomed through E4 first time round like nothin'. Still haven't gone for the second time cause im still working on my team even though i could just walk in and zoom through.

Wow the hydreigon was also too easy! All i used was dark pulse

Larry
21st April 2011, 5:50 PM
Wow the hydreigon was also too easy! All i used was dark pulse

Dark pulse??

Poke_Mania97
21st April 2011, 5:54 PM
Dark pulse??

yeah, when Ghetis sent his Hydreigon out, mine was already out, so i used dark pulse, and OHKO

RedMage23
21st April 2011, 6:12 PM
yeah, when Ghetis sent his Hydreigon out, mine was already out, so i used dark pulse, and OHKO

was it a critical hit? Because otherwise I find that hard to believe considering Hydreigon resists Dark-Type moves.

Poke_Mania97
21st April 2011, 6:43 PM
Hmm, maybe im wrong, it could've been dragonpulse as that would work out due to x2 damage

PokemonOwn
21st April 2011, 7:03 PM
Has anybody noticed that Scrafty sweeps half of the E4? A Moxie boost, and that's all she wrote. Well, for me, my Scrafty HJK'ed Grimley's Team, and Crunched Shantual/Caitlin's team, and Moxie only helped.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
21st April 2011, 7:29 PM
I hate that all the types of the elite 4, besides fighting, were used twice already! What's wrong with having a grass, flying, rock, electric, and normal elite 4 members?

pickgoldies
21st April 2011, 11:04 PM
I beat them only once, and they weren't hard at all. I wanted to be prepared so I trained my pokemon to level 53, but one was just 50, my zweilous, which beat Kaitlyn (sp?) single-handedly. They were so easy, but maybe it was because my pokemon were a lot strong than theirs? They were nothing compared to Ghetsis. :P

GloryHeat
22nd April 2011, 2:18 AM
Leavanny just wrecks them.

Chairman
22nd April 2011, 7:09 AM
The first time I versed the elite four was a challenge, it wasn't very hard but it definatly was not easy.
N's Archeops kept on sweeping me, it NEVER missed with stone edge and it was too fast for anything to knock it under half HP. My durant saved the day with an iron head.
Ghestis was really easy for me, easier than N and marshal, though those two were the only ones I really had any difficulty with.

I haven't fought them for the second time yet, my pokemon are at level 65 now, going to train them to 70 so I am still challenged. (btw not using any imported pokemon, just the one i trained in my game)

Roxas013
22nd April 2011, 7:23 AM
ive only beat the E4 once but they wasnt hard except Caitlins Reuniclus kinda was. i had the hardest time with Ghestis' team. i survive with only Reshiram left. all my poke were lv.50 wen i challenged them

Stardust .
22nd April 2011, 8:22 AM
My Scrafty took out most of the Elite Four, bar Marshal. Then it took down N and Ghetsis mostly by itself, and even took Ghetsis's Hydreigons Focus Blast before KO'ing it with High Jump Kick.

The Elite Four post game is so cool :) Using the Pass Orb powers + Lucky Egg = Quick level grinding.

Chairman
22nd April 2011, 10:26 AM
My Scrafty took out most of the Elite Four, bar Marshal. Then it took down N and Ghetsis mostly by itself, and even took Ghetsis's Hydreigons Focus Blast before KO'ing it with High Jump Kick.

The Elite Four post game is so cool :) Using the Pass Orb powers + Lucky Egg = Quick level grinding.

Pass orb powers? Whats that?

(and i thought i wasn't a nooob :( )

Mr. pokedude
22nd April 2011, 10:29 AM
ive only beat the E4 once but they wasnt hard except Caitlins Reuniclus kinda was. i had the hardest time with Ghestis' team. i survive with only Reshiram left. all my poke were lv.50 wen i challenged them

The REUNICLUS?? Seriously? i thought that was like the weakest pokemon of the whole E4, Then again all of Grimsley's pokemon SUCK to be honest.
Shauntal is ridiculous, marshal is awesome( he was the only one that even slightly rivaled me besides Ghetsis. And Caitlin wasn't all she should of been.

But as for the guy that said he had no trouble with Ghetsis, did it occur to you that your hydreigon would at least HAVE to be 64? You complied " he sent his hydreigon out when I had mine out" meaning that all your pokemon were deadly O_o".