shinjiniisan
23rd March 2011, 8:44 PM
My work please crit

UPDATE:Working on sprites...
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2964/magneball.png
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9046/lampegg.png

Northern Lights
23rd March 2011, 9:13 PM
The sprites are all C+P, you need to work on scratching any additions or edits you make to sprites so that they flow and fit as a whole sprite.

bones090
23rd March 2011, 9:25 PM
Some parts on the sprite of the Sceptile one are awkward. Like how the cannons are attached to the arms. They are very badly C+P and need to have the shading changed to fit the light source of the entire sprite. Overall, the shading on all the sprites is wrong and shows a noobie case of C+P. You need a work to improve your scratching, shading and outline.

shinjiniisan
23rd March 2011, 9:26 PM
kay Kay,just one thing,whatahell is C+C and C+P

EzzPeon
23rd March 2011, 9:28 PM
C + P = Copy-Pasted.

Practically you just take of the feature of anything, and put it on another. In some cases that works out, in most of the cases it definetly doesn work out AT ALL.

BynineB
23rd March 2011, 9:30 PM
kay Kay,just one thing,whatahell is C+C and C+P

If you've labeled yourself "S.P. Sprite Critic" and you don't know what C+C and C+P are..

Well, C+C is constructive criticism, while C+P is copy and paste. These sprites are heavily copy pasted, meaning you just took parts from the two spliced Pokemon and stuck them on eachother willy-nilly with no care of shading or angle. For example, Nuzleaf's hair is coming off of its head.

These splices also feature too much of one Pokemon and too little of another. That Nuzleaf just looks like a really weird Nuzleaf, not like a mixture of Absol, Exeggutor, and Nuzleaf.

shinjiniisan
23rd March 2011, 9:33 PM
KK,I'll make others sprites,there's no absol any where there,and I suck at scratching,+ where else would Hair come from a pokemon,its armpits??

bones090
23rd March 2011, 9:57 PM
KK,I'll make others sprites,there's no absol any where there,and I suck at scratching,+ where else would Hair come from a pokemon,its armpits??

Great, so now you've taken all your sprites down. You should have kept them for improvement and comparison purposes. Now it just looks like a spamthread.

Anyways, by "coming off of its head" I think that BynineB meant that it wasn't attached because the angle and shading were wrong compared to the image.

If you've labeled yourself "S.P. Sprite Critic" and you don't know what C+C and C+P are..

I've seen what he does, it's all spam.

shinjiniisan
23rd March 2011, 10:25 PM
Great, so now you've taken all your sprites down. You should have kept them for improvement and comparison purposes. Now it just looks like a spamthread.

Anyways, by "coming off of its head" I think that BynineB meant that it wasn't attached because the angle and shading were wrong compared to the image.

Kay Kay Sprites r back

I've seen what he does, it's all spam.

KK,if u think I'm not helping,I won't post there anymore

2 lazy 2 sprite now

bones090
23rd March 2011, 10:42 PM
2 lazy 2 sprite now

You mean just for today right. If you've already given up that's pretty defeatist. I see some potential in these, once you learn the basics you can evolve them and adapt your own style. Just keep practicing.

shinjiniisan
23rd March 2011, 10:55 PM
just 4 now,I'll do more later...

Alder
23rd March 2011, 11:20 PM
Pretty much everything has been said, it's all very Copypasta, and no matter if you suck at scratching or not, you're not going to get any better if you don't practice. Try scratching small parts at first, then graduating to bigger parts. Pretty soon you'll be able to take a sprite and fuse it with another sprite without taking any parts from it, just scratching them on.

It takes a lot of work.

Also, I smell MS Paint default colors. That's a no-no. If you need custom colors, make your own, there's a tool to do that in Paint. Otherwise, take hues of the color you want from existing Pokemon.

Keep working and there's definitely potential here.

shinjiniisan
24th March 2011, 12:14 AM
U smelled it wrong 'cause I know better than play with the likes of Paint custom colors,seriously I just use white,black and the 2 greys.

Zekerom
24th March 2011, 12:45 AM
You mean just for today right. If you've already given up that's pretty defeatist. I see some potential in these, once you learn the basics you can evolve them and adapt your own style. Just keep practicing.

For some strange reason that line stuck in my head and now I want to make a spliced evolution chain :D

Apart from that, the sprites are pretty good for C+P, but you can see part of the shell from wartortle on sceptile, and there's an embarrassing angle to the fire on vileplumes arm... other than that, you should try and scratch-sprite, or at least edit your shading.

shinjiniisan
24th March 2011, 1:26 AM
KK,the part of Wartortle shell,was the Sceptile circle thingy at its back,made my 1st custom trainer,did it baby steps as you said I should,http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1161/cust1.png
just recolored the jacket,and scratched the pole.

Zozo1999
24th March 2011, 1:30 AM
^ There is still green pixels from the old jacket on it. And the scratch isn't too good either. Try taking your time with the rope/line thing pixel but pixel, don't just drag the mouse/pencil along. But as a forst Custom Trainer it's pretty good.

shinjiniisan
24th March 2011, 1:55 AM
Corrected it,remade the rod,made it old rod like put on a light source to indicate if the shading is correct,if u don't know the characters always face the light source

sprite:http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1161/cust1.png

P.S.:Made the pants darker
P.P.S.: Does anybody know and can tell me about the badges and ribbon stuff under the C.U.T

'Ello
24th March 2011, 10:17 AM
Holla shinjiniisan,
Well for a beginner I guess your you just need some work ^^ (Like we all do when just starting off). In my opinion your trainer looks like he needs some work, the wire of the rod should be grayish white colour and try to avoid making the rod look unnatural, it looks to pixelated; you may want to try to avoid this and to be honest it doesn't even look like this trainer is holding the rod. Also, I know people have said to take baby steps but I think you shouldn't, try scratching some clothes and pants and maybe even hair, then just copy poses off other and trainers. I did this and if I stuffed up a learned from it. Here's a great tutorial on trainer sprites:http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=976.0 hope I helped ^^

shinjiniisan
24th March 2011, 12:17 PM
KK,i`ll try it

Invader Zim
1st April 2011, 7:22 AM
Hey, Not bad. : )

noobiess
1st April 2011, 10:31 AM
Well there isn't much to comment on. These are just eggs with parts of pokemons copy pasted on the eggs.
But it's a nice start and I think you should be able to make recolors and simple fusions now.

Kecesatswet
4th April 2011, 1:37 PM
Great to see another 3d project on the forum, i like it it will be interesting to see your progress on this fullbody Neytiri, i shall keep an eye on your work.

/ Magnus