PDA

View Full Version : The B/W Nuzlocke Challenge

Jessie_James
26th March 2011, 5:17 PM
(If this is up somewhere already I apologize)

A Nuzlocke Challenge is another way of making your games fun and is quite challenging.

It was started by someone who decided to make their game of Ruby interesting by applying a few rules. Those same rules apply to this challenge and are as follows.

Rules
- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

- You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

- All Pokémon are to be nicknamed.

Those are the only rules you MUST stick to, though there are optional rules such as only using Pokémon Centers to heal, and the like. But I'll leave it to you to decide those.

Many people draw comics or images detailing what's happened in their game. This is not mandatory but is encouraged. It doesn't matter if you think you can't draw, give it a go!

Your challenge ends when you defeat the Elite Four Champion.

Mine:
Tepig (Bastra) -male-

lloyd094
5th April 2011, 2:36 AM
This sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not gonna screw up my game first. I think I'll go through the game and beat it, then go back through with "new" teams and try it. I like it!

Endoplasmic Reticulum
5th April 2011, 2:41 AM
I'm pretty sure because of the lack of dungeons and lower difficulty, the BW Nuzlocke challenge will be easier than other challenges

The Ram
5th April 2011, 2:50 AM
That sounds interesting, but, I think I'd rather try with my Emerald than my Black, Crystal or Platinum Versions... Would I just update it to this Thread, or what?

Lorde
5th April 2011, 3:15 AM
I'm already doing a Monotype Challenge but a Nuzlocke Challenge might actually be more fun. I'm in. I would love to do a comic for my challenge but I honestly can't draw so I'll do a standard Nuzlocke Challenge without a comic.

Well I started the game and I chose Oshawott as my Starter Pokemon this time. I battled against Cheren and Bianca and I headed on over to Professor Juniper's lab. I got to nickname my Oshawott there; I named it "Joshua". I then left the lab and obtained a Town Map from my mom. Cheren, Bianca and I left to Route 1 where Professor Juniper showed us how to capture Pokemon. I received my Poke Balls and I captured a wild Lillipup; I named it "Cane". I then arrived in Accumula Town and I went to the Pokemon Center. I got stuff done there and I headed for Route 1 to train some more. After 15 minutes I went to the town square and battled N. Joshua leveled up and I saved at the Pokemon Center after healing.

My current team:
:501: - Joshua level 8
:506: - Cane level 4

Mario with Lasers
5th April 2011, 3:28 AM
You'll be sorry

=(

BlazingCold
5th April 2011, 4:33 AM
Yeah. I can't do that :P. Lenora was a pain in the Buffalo-Ox. But I am actually going right now :D. and im never releasing my starter :p

Dragrath
6th April 2011, 1:19 AM
?! you would really release everything (In other words game over at lenora?) Seems very excessive...

agunimon45
6th April 2011, 1:30 AM
I think it's fine if you keep the KOed pokemon in the box, and you can't use it again. Releasing it seems like a big waste..

CTurner182
6th April 2011, 1:38 AM
well i guess as long as u never use the pokemon after it faints then it works the same. but if ur gunna do a nuzlocke run this would be the gen to do it cause this one was easy and i never lost a battle throughout the whole game. maybe lost two pokemon max but definately worth a try if i decide to also buy pokemon black

pikasaur
6th April 2011, 1:46 AM
Shouldnt it be that the challenge ends after you beat N in his castle?

im only asking because alder isnt battle-able until after the credits and he is technically the E4 champ.

Lorde
6th April 2011, 1:53 AM
I think it's fine if you keep the KOed pokemon in the box, and you can't use it again. Releasing it seems like a big waste..

Yeah, I've heard of other Nuzlocke Challenges where you're allowed to deposit the Pokemon if it faints. That way, you can use it again once the challenge is over. Personally, though, I'm releasing my Pokemon. I'm going to start the game over eventually so I don't care about losing some Pokemon. If my challenge ends early then I'll just start over from the beginning. My mind is made up already and I've started my challenge, so I'll just go with the flow :cool:

So anyway, I left Accumula Town and received the Running Shoes from my mom. I encountered a wild Patrat on Route 2 and I captured it. I named it "Bieber". I trained on Route 2 and I collected some items as well. I got to Striaton City and I healed at the Pokemon Center. I bought some Potions and then I battled Cheren at the Trainers' School. It was a challenge but I managed to pull through the battle with Joshua's help. I got some berries from Cheren and I left to the Dreamyard. I battled some more and got a Pansear from a girl there. I named it "Aries" and I went to train it on Route 2 for a while. After leveling everyone up a bit I headed for the Striaton City Gym. I met Cilan at the door, got Fresh Water from the Gym guy and saved.

My current team:
:501: - Joshua level 14
:506: - Cane level 8
:504: - Bieber level 7
:513: - Aries level 12

AuraChannelerChris
6th April 2011, 2:42 AM
Wish you good luck with Lenora. Her shampoo is made out of the blood and tears she claims from Nuzlokers.

Nibbles4Ever
6th April 2011, 2:54 AM
I'm doing one in white. I beat Cress so far. I've only had 4 deaths. 2 patrats and 2 lillipups D= My team is Nibtoo the patrat, Roscoe the tepig, and Cleft the pansage.

Mario with Lasers
6th April 2011, 3:05 AM
Wish you good luck with Lenora. Her shampoo is made out of the blood and tears she claims from Nuzlokers.

Funnily enough, she missed Hypnosis THRICE in my Nuzlocke and I 6-0'ed her...

And then she killed three of my pokémon in my first non-Nuzlocke run.

And then FIVE in my second one.

God.

Nibbles4Ever
6th April 2011, 3:24 PM
I got to Necrene city and on the way I caught a male pidove and a male woobat named Sniffles. So my team right now is tepig, patrat, pansage, audino, pidove, and woobat. I kind of hope audino faints soon because it's pretty weak.

TraverseTown
6th April 2011, 3:38 PM
I'm waiting until I get my copy of Pokemon Black back from my sister, then I'm going to start the challenge.

I wonder how Wild Double Battles and Nurse/Doctor Healing will effect grinding. Also, like RSE, Exp.Share is available early in the game.

Lorde
6th April 2011, 5:33 PM
Well, the first Gym wasn't much of a problem. I battled the Gym trainers and I left to heal. I returned to the Gym and I challenged Cilan to a battle. I defeated his Lillipup with Joshua and then I defeated his Pansage with Aries. I got the Trio Badge and the TM for Work Up and I left the Gym. I healed again and I left to the Dreamyard. I met Bianca there, we found a Munna and I battled Team Plasma. Once that was done I obtained the C-Gear from Fennel and I left to Route 3. I battled a bit at the preschool and then I battled against Cheren. I beat him and then I made my way to Wellspring Cave to take care of Team Plasma, again. I found a wild Pidove along the way and I captured that. I named her "Cynthia" and I saved before going into the cave.

My current team:
:501: - Joshua level 16
:506: - Cane level 10
:504: - Bieber level 9
:513: - Aries level 15
:519: - Cynthia level 10

freakingtimbush
6th April 2011, 7:09 PM
I don't think people realize how hard nuzlocke is this gen. Grinding was ruined this gen isn't any easier. People who never lost a battle were most likely over leveled. ;100;

EDITED!!!:: You pley til the credits roll.

Nibbles4Ever
6th April 2011, 7:34 PM
I caught a throw and named him Arnold. lol not the pokemon I wanted from that route but oh well. I replaced audino with it though so thats good.

Lorde
7th April 2011, 10:10 PM
I got into Wellspring Cave and I defeated Team Plasma there. I left and headed to Route 3 to train my Pokemon some more. I got there and trained in the patches of grass where two Pokemon battled at the same time. I trained there for about 20 minutes and then I left for Nacrene City. I got there and healed at the Pokemon Center and I headed for the museum. I encountered N, had a battle with him and then I left to explore the town once I beat him. I picked up some items and then I went to the Gym. I battled two Gym trainers inside but I left to train some more since their Pokemon were really tough. I pretty much decided that I would sacrifice some Pokemon during this Gym battle, but I still tried to train my entire team just incase. I finished training and I returned to the Gym. Saved.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 20
:506: - Cane level 14
:504: - Bieber level 12
:513: - Aries level 18
:519: - Cynthia level 15

Nightlingbolt
8th April 2011, 9:01 PM
I don't think people realize how hard nuzlocke is this gen. Grinding was ruined this gen isn't any easier. People who never lost a battle were most likely over leveled. ;100;

EDITED!!!:: You pley til the credits roll.

Have you ever actually DONE a Nuzlocke for this Gen? Just asking.

Nibbles4Ever
8th April 2011, 11:13 PM
I caught my 5th team member on route 4. I female jolly scraggy named Shelly. I kind of cheated because I really wanted one so I ignored the 3 darumakas and 2 sandiles I found. Now to battle all of the dumb clowns in the bug gym. Why are clowns and not bug catchers I will never now XP

Lorde
8th April 2011, 11:38 PM
I faced the last Gym trainers at the Nacrene City Gym and I managed to get to Lenora's place. I healed my Pokemon and then I returned and I challenged her. Her Herdier was a nightmare just as I expected. I managed to defeat it with Aries, but I had to swap out with something else for Watchog. I used Joshua but Watchog managed to put it to sleep. I swapped out with Bieber so that I could heal Joshua, but it fainted. It served its purpose, though, and I sent out Joshua to finish things off. It was a close battle, but I won. I got the Basic Badge and after Team Plasma appeared, I went to release Bieber and to get ready for the next leg of my journey. I got everyone else healed and I headed for Pinwheel Forest. I got inside there and battled the twins and then I saved before fighting off Team Plasma.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 22
:506: - Cane level 15
:513: - Aries level 19
:519: - Cynthia level 16

trip_dering
9th April 2011, 1:59 AM
This sounds interesting, but what happens to you "releasers" when the first of a route is Alt.Color?

rykerr1
9th April 2011, 4:26 PM
This sounds really fun. I won't try it with my white since I already beat it and have no plans to restart, but if I ever buy Black I might try it out.

As far as what was said above, I would ignore all rules of the challenge for shinies =S If it wasnt the first in a route, I would catch it anyway. And I would never release it.

shinjiniisan
10th April 2011, 12:20 AM
May I join? Better say yes,cause I am doing it anyway

Game:White

Current Team: :495: Level 6 (Smugleaf)

Additional Rules:

No gifts!(Not that it matters on Gen V anyways)
Almost a suicider(Just change mons when its HP goes red)
Evenly evolved(Only mons caught in even numbers,like the second one will evolve)
Legends awe vewy bad(If you find a legend,you must kill/defeat it)
Difference is good( Thou shall not have two mons with the same primary type)

Goal:

Defeat Alder while Nuzlocking!!

P.S.:What do I do if the first mon I find in a route is a roaming LEGEND ?

Lorde
10th April 2011, 4:53 AM
I defeated the first Team Plasma grunts that I encountered. After that I went to the tall grass and captured a wild Sewaddle. I named him "Tom" and I proceeded to train him and my other Pokemon. I spent 30 minutes grinding and then I left to the outer portion of Pinwheel Forest where I battled against some trainers and trained about the wild Pokemon. I also picked up some items and Cane evolved into a Herdier. I trained some more and healed, then I returned to Pinwheel Forest where I battled the rest of the Team Plasma grunts. I managed to get the Dragon Skull back and I got a Moon Stone from Lenora. I left to Nacrene City to take care of some stuff and then I headed for Castelia City. I saved as I got on the Skyarrow Bridge since my battery was dying.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 24
:507: - Cane level 18
:513: - Aries level 21
:519: - Cynthia level 18
:540: - Tom level 17

cookies kill you
10th April 2011, 4:56 AM
oh how i love the nuzlocke challenge im going to choose what ever best defeats the gyms and elite four

Puffy_Pokemon
10th April 2011, 3:51 PM
I'm doing my first Nuzlocke run ever with my Black version, and I've already posted some comic pages of my run online (Here, (http://blacknuzlocke.smackjeeves.com/comics/1154897/prologue-1/) if anyone's interested). I'm going through Chargestone Cave in-game at the moment, and I think I'm doing really well. I've only had three deaths so far! *knock on wood*

I think BW is easy to do a Nuzlocke run largely because of Audinos. Buy truckloads of repels, go into the grass, and run around until the grass starts shaking. In previous games, there's no shaking grass or Pokemon that give out higher exp than usual (unless it's a higher-leveled Pokemon), so you had to fight whatever Pokemon was out there. I've read a batch of runs that had a large number of losses because they ran into a wild Koffing who decided to use self-destruct, or the wild Ratata got lucky using super fang. But in Unova I hear most Pokemon don't have self-destruct and if you Audino grind, you don't have to worry about running into any super fangs. I'm thinking that if I ever do a BW Nuzlocke again, I'll add a extra rule to NOT use repels solely for Audino grinding just to add more challenge.

Haxorusfan
10th April 2011, 4:14 PM
sounds really fun. It would such if you found a shiny, caught it, then it died in battle. Can you use revives???

dragoniteKnight
10th April 2011, 4:16 PM
Can you use revives???

no because they died...the whole point of nuzlocking is to be hard, try not to make it easy with "oh its ok to revive them in the same battle"

kuppies
10th April 2011, 7:23 PM
so like.. "You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances." means only the first pokémon found on the one route/area you can catch?

i know it may sound dim, but i have slow moments ^^;

Lorde
10th April 2011, 7:36 PM
I got to Castelia City at long last and I evolved Aries into Simisear with a the Firestone that I obtained at one of the piers in Castelia City. I went to heal my Pokemon and then I stocked up on items and I explored the city. I collected all of the items that I needed to get and I then headed for the battle building and I trained there for a while so that everyone would level up. After that I used the Liberty Pass and I went to Liberty Garden to battle Team Plasma and Victini. Thank God I had Victini, otherwise training would've been a nightmare. I finished training my Pokemon and I went to the Castelia City Gym. I met Burgh but I had to follow him to a pier. We all grouped together and we headed for a building to confront Team Plasma. We got that over with and Burgh returned to his Gym. I saved at the entrance.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 25
:507: - Cane level 21
:514: - Aries level 23
:519: - Cynthia level 20
:541: - Tom level 20

Nibbles4Ever
11th April 2011, 3:07 AM
I got to the resort desert and will soon have my 7th team member.

Puffy_Pokemon
11th April 2011, 10:35 PM
so like.. "You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances." means only the first pokémon found on the one route/area you can catch?

i know it may sound dim, but i have slow moments ^^;

That's the basic rule, but keep in mind there's a popular (optional) clause (edit of the original rule) where you can't catch duplicates, i.e. if you caught a Pidgey in one route and run into a Pidgey the next route, you can ignore that one and try to catch the first Pokemon that isn't a Pidgey. It's mainly to promote team diversity so your whole party isn't filled with Ratatas, but I have seen runs where people ignored this clause and rocked out with a party full of Ratatas. Another popular clause is the shiny clause where if you run into a shiny Pokemon, you're free to catch it, even if it isn't the first Pokemon on the route. You'll have to box it if it wasn't the first Pokemon, but at least you have a rare shiny!

...I hope all of this clause info didn't just confuse you even more. I just wanted to explain the more popular clauses that are used by others.

Lorde
12th April 2011, 12:25 AM
I battled the trainers inside of the Castelia City Gym and I had a really easy time there. I left to heal and then I returned to challenge Burgh. It was a pretty easy battle all around. I beat his Whirlipede with Cynthia and she evolved into Tranquill. I then beat his Dwebble with Joshua and his Leavanny with Aries. I got the Insect Badge and I left the Gym. I healed and headed for Route 4 but I had to battle Bianca at the gate there. I got that taken care of and I arrived at Route 4. I had to battle Cheren as well and once that was over and done I encountered a wild Sandile in the sand there. I captured it and named it "Steve". I trained there for a while and I eventually made it to the gate between Route 4 and Nimbasa City. I got Ultra balls from Professor Juniper at the gate and I saved before heading out to Nimbasa City.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 27
:507: - Cane level 24
:514: - Aries level 25
:520: - Cynthia level 23
:541: - Tom level 22
:551: - Steve level 20

The Filthy Goat
12th April 2011, 12:38 AM
Hey there, I saw this challenge on here and had to restart my White game to give it a go. My run was riddled with bad luck. My starter was killed just after the second gym on a random trainer with a lucky critical. Most of my potential catches will also killed with seemingly intentional crits by my pokemons. By the time I should have had a full team I still only had two thanks to that.

I was also playing without a guide, so that I didn't have the benefit of knowing what to expect from other trainers. Sadly, my team got swept by Clay's Excadrill. The only pokemon on my team that could do super effective damage were my ducklett and krokorok. Ducklett was ohko'd with a rock slide on the first turn. He then got in two Hone Claws and tore up my whole team. Only my Audino could take more than one hit. But with only normal moves, everything he did was resisted. I got it paralyzed with Secret Power and proceeded to heal every turn he took a hit. Then I snuck a hit in whenever it's paralysis stopped it. I had a lot of healing items, so I kept it going for a while. Clay healed him though. AUGH. Eventually, he critted my Audino and he went down.

My team at failure:

:531: Eartwig - lvl 30

:552: Showboat - lvl 29

:557: Snacky - lvl 30

:541: Dudley - lvl 27

:580: Motown - lvl 27

I shall start anew. Hopefully I'll have a little better luck catching early on. And I'll have to do a bit more grinding to keep them above the curve.

Lorde
12th April 2011, 7:16 PM
I arrived in Nimbasa City and I had to help an old man by fighting off some Team Plasma grunts who were bothering him. I did that and I obtained the Bike. I went to the Pokemon Center to heal and buy items and then I proceeded to the houses around Nimbasa City to pick up some items. I explored the city and I played a bit at the Pokemon Musical hall. I then met up with Bianca and he dad and Elesa came to sort out their argument. I went to her Gym but I encountered N before that. We went for a ride on the Ferris wheel but he battled me afterwards. I won that battle fairly easily and I went back to the Gym to battle. I managed to defeat two Gym trainers but I left to heal my Pokemon. I decided to train some more before facing Elesa so I went to the Desert Resort to train my team a bit. I saved there.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 28
:507: - Cane level 25
:514: - Aries level 26
:520: - Cynthia level 24
:541: - Tom level 23
:551: - Steve level 22

PsychoIncarnate
12th April 2011, 9:06 PM
Started a nuzlocke challenge and lost to Bianca in the first battle

I should make a comic like on the nuzlocke website and mock it like it's the most epic thing ever

Gigastrike
12th April 2011, 11:24 PM

...The ****?

Kariachi
13th April 2011, 2:43 AM

Shortest. Nuzlocke. Ever.

I should probably try this sometime. Probably won't though. Certainly is interesting though.

Tonitrius
13th April 2011, 3:12 AM
i prolly will but not on my white prolly on a saphire

Nibbles4Ever
13th April 2011, 4:58 PM
I'm ending my nuzlocke run. It's annoying having all of my favorite pokemon go into the graveyard. I'm just going to do a catch a whole bunch of stuff run instead.

Lorde
13th April 2011, 8:22 PM

The same thing happened to me in White version last year. Bianca is really powerful, despite what others say :s

Anyway, I trained at the Desert Resort for a good hour and a half and then I returned to Nimbasa City's Gym. I battled the last Gym trainers inside and I challenged Elesa. I used Cane against her first Emolga and I beat it with a critcal hit Crunch attack. She used Zebstrika next but I countered it with Sandile. Sandile managed to weaken it but I still had to switch to Aries to take it down. I fought Elesa's last Emolga with Tom but her Emolga defeated it with Aerial Ace. I countered with Joshua and I won. I got the Bolt Badge but I had to release Tom. I finished up all of the stuff in Nimbasa City and I headed out to Route 16 to see what I could find. I captured a Liepard that appeared in the tall grass and I decided to use it as a replacement for Tom. I named her Lucy and I saved as I got to Lostlorn Forest.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 30
:507: - Cane level 27
:514: - Aries level 28
:520: - Cynthia level 26
:551: - Steve level 25
:510: - Lucy level 22

Shneak
13th April 2011, 9:06 PM
This reminds me, I have a Nuzlocke on my Pearl file.

I think this game would be hard to do.

Mario with Lasers
13th April 2011, 10:04 PM

I told you guys you'd be sorry, but I didn't expect THIS much lol

Jessie_James
14th April 2011, 1:37 PM
I apologize I have been gone awhile, I'm gonna restart mine Nuzelocke Challenge on black

Lorde
14th April 2011, 5:02 PM
I got to Lostlorn Forest and I trained my team there a bit. I left eventually and I healed in Nimbasa City. I headed for Route 5 but Cheren wanted to battle so I did that really quick. Elesa showed up afterwards and then Alder wanted us to battle some kids. We didn't that and Elesa helped lower the drawbridge and I crossed it to get to Driftveil City. I met Clay and then I headed back for Route 5 to train my team some more for the Gym battle with Clay. I did that and returned to Driftveil to heal. I battled Charles and then I explored the city a bit. I got to the Cold Storage after a while and I battled in the tall grass there. I picked up some items and I entered the main warehouse there. I battled a couple of workers and I found a TM. I saved before cornering Team Plasma.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 33
:507: - Cane level 29
:514: - Aries level 30
:520: - Cynthia level 28
:551: - Steve level 28
:510: - Lucy level 25

Yogi Bear
16th April 2011, 2:15 AM
What do you do when you only have one Pokemon left and it faints i.e. the Bianca problem above? Do you just lose? Or do you have to like shred the game cartridge and burn the pieces?

Must troll friend successfully.

piplup1036
17th April 2011, 3:44 PM
Here's an intersting one
If you lose to ANY of the elite 4 or champion you have to start over XD

Lorde
17th April 2011, 7:18 PM
I got into the container at the Cold Storage and I cornered Team Plasma there. The Team Plasma grunts battled me and Cheren and once that was done, Clay came to take them away with some of the workers there. I healed at the Pokemon Center after that and I headed for the Driftveil City Gym. Ghetsis was there and he took his Team Plasma members with him. I entered the Gym and I battled against the Gym trainers inside. I have to admit that there were some close calls, but I managed to beat them all without losing any Pokemon. I left the Gym to heal at the Pokemon Center once more and then I headed over to Route 5 for some last-minute training since I wanted to get everyone properly leveled up before the battle. I headed back to the Gym, went down the lift and saved in front of Clay.

My current team:
:502: - Joshua level 35
:507: - Cane level 31
:514: - Aries level 31
:520: - Cynthia level 30
:552: - Steve level 30
:510: - Lucy level 28

AuraChannelerChris
17th April 2011, 7:22 PM
Is it just me, or have many people dropped out of this already?

Alex048
18th April 2011, 12:56 AM
I'm ending my nuzlocke run. It's annoying having all of my favorite pokemon go into the graveyard. I'm just going to do a catch a whole bunch of stuff run instead.

Well, here's a possible solution you could make:

Rule-
You can only resurrect dead pokemon using revives found or given to you by other people. (NPC's)

With this you have a degree of difficulty without that high level of frustration.

aDr1v3
18th April 2011, 4:58 AM
Started my first ever nuzlocke challenge,

I chose to go with a girl character because I've never done that before, and this game save will strictly be used for this nuzlocke challenge,
I chose Oshawott to start and named him Wake.
After barely defeating both Cheren and Bianca (the used Leer instead of tackling me)
I moved on and found my first pokemon, a Lv2 Lillipup who I captured and named Lilly.

I managed to catch a 2nd Lillipup(Sally), recieve my monkey (Inferno) and then catch a Purloin (Midnight) in the dreamyard. Unfortunately both Sally and Midnight fainted and I saved my progress after catching a Lv 8 Patrat (Scout) just outside the daycare.

Oshawott (Wake)- Lv13
Lillipup (Lilly) - Lv12
Pansear (Inferno)-Lv12
Patrat (Scout)-Lv8

Really hoping for a Woobat in the Cave, rather than Roggenrolla.

Also, I'm playing on Set battle style to make it a little more difficult, and I'm doing my best to not train or over level.

TotalPotato
18th April 2011, 11:50 PM
Well, I thought I'd try this out, just because it's a way of playing this game that's completely different to how I normally play it.

The battles weren't too bad until the Striaton Gym. By then, I had an Oshawott (Elaine) at level 10 (...I think), Lillipup (Gladstone) and Pansear (Brent) at level 11, along with another Lillipup (Churchill) at level 5. I didn't train the second Lillipup, just because it was another of the same Pokémon.

Anyway, the battle. Elaine squared off against Cilan's Lillipup. I got two Tail Whips in, while Lillipup used Work Up twice. A Bite from Lillipup put Elaine in the yellow, and a Tackle from Elaine didn't quite take off half of Lillipup's health. So I had to sacrifice Churchill here, just so that I could get Gladstone in safely. Gladstone took Lillipup down with three Tackles (after the first one, Cilan used a Potion). I'm just glad Gladstone was faster!
After that, Brent defeated Pansage without any problems.

Current team:
:501: Elaine (Lv. 11)
:513: Brent (Lv. 12)
:506: Gladstone (Lv. 12)

Dead:
:506: Churchill (Lv. 5)

Some grinding might be necessary later, but I'd like to keep that to a minimum if I can.

Lorde
19th April 2011, 3:08 AM
I finally got the nerve to challenge Clay at the Driftveil City Gym, and things went pretty well despite my previous concerns. Lucy and Cynthia managed to take down Clay's Krokorok without receiving too many hits. I used Cane against Clay's Palpitoad and I beat it with a critical hit move. I saved Joshua for Clay's Excadrill and even though there was a tense moment there when one of Excadrill's moves did tons more damage than I thought, I managed to defeat it. Joshua evolved into Samurott and Cane evolved into Stoutland and I got the Quake Badge from Clay after I beat him. I left to heal at the Pokemon Center and then I headed to the Cold Storage area to train up my other Pokemon before I moved on to Route 6. After grinding a bit there for 30 minutes, I saved the game.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 36
:508: - Cane level 32
:514: - Aries level 32
:520: - Cynthia level 31
:552: - Steve level 31
:510: - Lucy level 30

PsychoSocial
19th April 2011, 3:14 AM
Okay, I started this Nuzlocke challenge. What do you mean by area? Like, every route, right?

:498: Fatass Lvl. 8
:506: Chewtoy Lvl. 5

Ditto123
19th April 2011, 3:35 PM
I'll start a Nuzlocke on White. Any suggestions for starter?

AuraChannelerChris
19th April 2011, 7:52 PM
I'll start a Nuzlocke on White. Any suggestions for starter?

Whichever you like.

Lose to Bianca and you're done for, though.

Lorde
19th April 2011, 8:03 PM
I finally left Driftveil City, but I had to battle Bianca along the way to Route 6. Luckily, she was easy to defeat and I got the HM containing Fly once I beat her. I healed at the Driftveil City Pokemon Center once more after that battle and I arrived at Route 6 after that. I managed to battle some Pokemon in the tall grass and I trained like that for a while. I finally got the nerve to battle the trainers and I made it all the way to the seasonal institute place before I headed back to heal. I did that and I returned to defeat all of the other trainers in the area. I got to Chargestone Cave and Clay removed a spiderweb that was in the way. He gave me his Gym's TM and he left. I then healed at the house nearby and I saved the game before entering the cave.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 37
:508: - Cane level 33
:514: - Aries level 33
:521: - Cynthia level 33
:552: - Steve level 32
:510: - Lucy level 31

ashgirl92
19th April 2011, 11:14 PM
Alright, I think I will start a Nuzlocke on my Pokemon White.

I began the game and chose Snivy as my starter. (Used the other two before.) I beat Cheren and Bianca with ease and I nicknamed my Snivy "Niles." I headed towards Route 1 and caught myself a male Patrat. I really don't fancy him, so I will use "Paul" as my Hm Slave. Went on to the first town, where I defeated N pretty easily and I healed my Pokemon. I caught a male Lillipup on Route 2 and nicknamed it "Toby." I finally made it to Straiton City after beating Bianca and then defeated Cheren at the school. I healed and prepared for the gym. I stopped by the Dreamyard to pick up "Martin" (Panpour), but I really don't think I am going to use him past the first gym. I defeated the trainers in the gym, and then faced Chili. I beat Chili's Lillipup with my own, and then kept him in against Pansear. His health got in the red, but I quickly switched him out for Martin and finished the battle smoothly. I now have one badge and I saved at the Dreamyard.

Current Team:

:495: Niles Lvl 13
:506: Toby Lvl 14
:515: Martin Lvl 11
:504: Paul Lvl 3

TotalPotato
20th April 2011, 12:20 PM
On my way to Nacrene City, I caught a Purrloin on Route 3 (named Jackson), and a Roggenrola in Wellspring Cave (named Ruby). I didn't think Jackson would add much to the team, so I didn't train him, and Ruby fell early to a critical hit Confusion from a trainer's Woobat... not ideal when a Normal-type Gym was right around the corner!

I was really worried about Lenora, so I went to Pinwheel Forest before the Gym. I caught a Pidove there (named Maggey), and trained my team a little (Elaine and Gladstone evolved in the process!), before challenging Lenora.

Her Herdier wasn't all that bad - Brent Yawned it, then Gladstone finished it off with a Rock Smash + Take Down combination. However, I knew Watchog's Retaliate would be devestatingly powerful on the first hit, so I had to sacrifice Jackson for the sake of my other Pokémon. I had Brent Yawn again, and switched in Elaine to do some damage. Elaine couldn't finish her off, though, and Watchog put her to sleep with Hypnosis upon awakening! I healed Gladstone, then switched him in, hoping that he'd be able to finish the job. However, Watchog's Retaliate scored a critical hit, and Gladstone fell... so I switched Maggey in. Watchog's Hypnosis hit again, but by now, it had run out of PP for Retaliate, which was a small blessing. Luckily, Maggey woke up quickly, and one Air Cutter + Quick Attack later, Watchog was finally down.

Current team:
:513: Brent (Lv. 18)
:519: Maggey (Lv. 18)
:502: Elaine (Lv. 18)

Dead:
:524: Ruby (Lv. 12)
:509: Jackson (Lv. 9)
:507: Gladstone (Lv. 18)

Ditto123
20th April 2011, 1:46 PM
I shall start my journey soon. I just do not know if I should use Oshawott or Tepig

Ditto123
20th April 2011, 3:24 PM
I'm using a walkthrough for this, cause I want all the items. Super Skarmory FTW. Anyways, I might not post a whole lot cause he's in the process of making the walkthrough. On this cite, I will cover move-by-move coverage on important battles, so stay tuned. Also, I will put this like a show with episodes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Episode 1: The Beginning
I have begun White! As I chose Snivy in Black and I hate Tepig, I have started with Oshawott. Time to battle Bianca.

Battle Against Bianca
And let the battle commence! As expected, I send out Oshawott and Biance sends out Tepig. Oshawott outspeeds Tepig (duh) and hits it with a Tackle. It does about 1/4 damage. Tepig counters with a Tackle of it's own and it does about 1/4 damage. Following, Oshawott uses Tackle again to chop Tepig's HP to a bit under a half. Bianca than commands Tepig to use...Tail Whip. Oshawott smacks Tepig with Tackle and it has a bit less than 1/4 hp left. Tepig counters with a Tackle. It hits Oshawott and he has about 3/8 HP remaining. Time to finish this. Oshawott uses Tackle and defeats Bianca. Finish!
Defeated Bianca

Bianca just absolutely wrecked my room... Cheren heals us up than Bianca forces Cheren to battle me. Time to battle Cheren.

Battle Against Cheren
And let battle 2 commence! I send out my good friend Oshawott and Cheren sends out his Snivy. Sinvy gets the ball rolling with a Tackle attack that took out about 1/4 of my HP. Oshawott follows up with its own Tackle and hits Snivy for less than 1/4 HP. Not good. Snivy follows with a Leer and Oshawott follows with a Tackle. But wait...Critical Hit! Snivy is down to about 1/8 HP. Snivy uses Leer again (-_____-) and Oshawott finishes it off with Tackle. Finish!
Defeated Cheren

Cheren leaves without fixing my room... Mom lets them off the hook and they take off. Mom heals me and then gives me the Xtransceiver. I walk outside. I see the pidoves and Bianca. Then I talk to random people. I walk into Bianca's house (woah) and see her and her dad arguing. Than she walks out. I walk into the lab with Cheren and Bianca. Professer Juniper talks and talks and talks. I nickname Oshawott "Unicorn" for no reason except that Samurott looks like one. I get my Pokedex and head out.

Agntpudding
20th April 2011, 4:25 PM
This sounds like a good idea. But yer, no point releasing a pokemon, particulalry if its good.

I might try this if I ever get Black. I can't on white it's got too many of my previous gen legendaries on their now. :(
And if I do I'll definitely draw pictures haha.

TotalPotato
20th April 2011, 4:35 PM
With no new areas between Nacrene City and Castelia City, I didn't catch any new Pokémon before facing Burgh. I forgot how low-levelled Burgh's Pokémon were - Brent took Whirlipede out with Flame Burst, Elaine defeated Dwebble with Razor Shell, and Maggey (newly evolved) beat Leavanny with a few Air Cutters (Burgh used some Hyper Potions here).

Current team:
:513: Brent (Lv. 23)
:520: Maggey (Lv. 24)
:502: Elaine (Lv. 23)

Dead:

Ditto123
21st April 2011, 3:55 PM
I decided to continue my Nuzlocke, but it's a pain in the butt writing it, so I'm not writing it

Lorde
21st April 2011, 9:49 PM
I finally got into Chargestone Cave and I met N once again. After chatting a bit, he left and after I battled some wild Pokemo, Professor Juniper and Bianca arrived since they were doing research or something. I explored the cave a bit more and I battled some trainers and collected items as I made my way down. I found Team Plasma grunts scattered around and I battled them as well. I trained as hard as I could and I managed to get to the exit eventually, but N challenged me to a battle. Everything was going smoothly until his Klink managed to land a critical hit and Lucy fainted! I was disappointed, but I got revenge with Joshua. I left the cave and met Cedric Juniper after that. I healed my other Pokemon and released Lucy. I saved there before moving on to capture a new Pokemon/explore the city.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 38
:508: - Cane level 34
:514: - Aries level 34
:521: - Cynthia level 34
:552: - Steve level 33

ashgirl92
23rd April 2011, 3:36 AM
It's been a day or two, but alas.. school is always taking my free time...

Anyway, I saved Munna at the dreamyard and looked around for a new member of my team. I found a Purrloin... but just killed it. I really have no interest in them. I continued on to Route 3, where I caught a female Pidove (Skyler), and I returned the little girl's pokemon back to her. Then I went to Nacrene City, where I stopped by the edge of Pinwheel forest to train a little and get a new team member. I obtained a male Tympole (Quincy) and I then headed to Nacrene's gym.

At the gym, I defeated the trainers with ease and I faced Lenora. I defeated her Herdier with mine with Take Down (x 2). I then knew I had to sacrifice a pokemon because Retaliate would probably kill Niles. I put in my lvl 3 Patrat Paul, and then switched to my Servine. Niles started out with leech seed, and then hit the Watchog with 2 Leaf Tornados. Watchog put him to sleep, but leech seed finished him off : )

I received the Basic Badge, and then whisked off to Pinwheel Forest to get the Fossil from Team Plasma. I got through this with no problem, and then eventually arrived at Castelia City. I promptly went to Route 4, because I really wanted to see if I could get another team member. I caught a female Sandile (Regia). However, I am not sure if I should train her or not...

Current Team:

:496: Niles Lvl 23
:507: Toby Lvl 23
:535: Quincy Lvl 14
:551: Regia Lvl 15... Should I?

Lorde
23rd April 2011, 10:25 PM
I decided to wander around Mistralton City a bit so that I could get all of the important things out of the way. I visited the airport and I found some items on the runway there. I also went to the Move Deleter's house and talked to everyone there. I decided to go find Skyla so I headed for Celestial Tower. I got to Route 7 first and I sort of wandered around battling. I got into the tall grass and I encountered a wild Zebstrika that appeared. I needed to replace Lucy, so I captured it and named it Stan. I trained him a bit there on Route 7 and I eventually reached Celestial Tower. I got inside and climbed to the second floor and I battled some trainers there. I battled some wild Litwick as I climbed to the third floor. I saved there since my battery was dying on me.

My current team:
:508: - Cane level 35
:514: - Aries level 35
:521: - Cynthia level 34
:552: - Steve level 34
:523: - Stan level 29

Armored Zangoose
24th April 2011, 1:58 AM
Just completed my white Nuzlocke. My first full team of six had been-
-Pumba the Tepig
-Timon the Patrat
-Rafiki the Pansage
-Zazu the Pidove
-Sandile
-Venipede

If Gen V had a Lion and Hyena Pokemon, I could've completed my name theme...

Anyway, my final team had been-
-Golbat the Swoobat
-Golem the Gigalith
-Machamp the Conkeldurr
-Hitmonchan the Throh
-Hitmonlee the Sawk
-Bouffalant the Tauros

I did complete that name theme atleast.
I think I'll trade the survivors to Black and do another White Nuzlocke, this one had been fun.

KibaLG8
24th April 2011, 2:15 AM
This sounds like a good way to make the games difficult. What I did in the past was that I used the same Pokemon as the gym leader uses, which i found to be a pain in B/W since most have 2 or 3 Pokemon max... @___@ I'd rather hack the game and give them more Pokemon to make it harder.:p

Mawile412
24th April 2011, 8:23 PM
I'm thinking about doing a Black Nuzlocke Challenge, though I'm still kinda busy with my HeartGold challenge. Whatever, it'll be fun :p I know I'm starting with Snivy, despite my dislike for them. I've already played through with Oshawott and Tepig(<3). :)

Lorde
24th April 2011, 11:22 PM
I got to the top of Celestial Tower at long last and I met Skyla there. I rang the bell and then she returned to Mistralton City. I left to Route 7 once again for some more training and then I headed for Mistralton City once that was done. I got to the Pokemon Center and healed and then I went to the local Gym. I battled the first Gym trainers inside and I had an easy time since I used Stan for most of those battles. I tried swapping Pokemon around so that everyone could take advantage of the experience and then I headed for the Gym Leader's spot. I used the cannons and I eventually arrived there, but I had to leave the Gym again to heal my Pokemon since they were worn out. I left to heal and then returned and saved before battling Skyla for the sixth Unova badge.

My current team:
:508: - Cane level 36
:514: - Aries level 35
:521: - Cynthia level 35
:552: - Steve level 35
:523: - Stan level 33

TotalPotato
24th April 2011, 11:34 PM
A fair bit happened before my gym battle against Elesa. First, I caught a Darumaka (nicknamed Max) on Route 4. Then, I found a Maractus in the Desert Resort, but I let it slip. I then caught a Yamask (nicknamed Grainne) in the Relic Castle, then picked up the Plume Fossil and went back to revive it into an Archen (nicknamed Adam) in Nacrene City.

Since I had some type overlap (and since I'd used Unfezant and one of the monkeys in a previous playthrough), I decided to stop levelling up Maggey and Brent once I reached Nimbasa City, keeping them as backup for now.

So, the gym battle. A fair few of my team was weak to Electric, and I had no reliable attack to hit Emolga with, so I slapped the Eviolite on Grainne and tried to wear them down with Will-o-wisp + Hex. It worked brilliantly - Grainne did take a few critical hits, but they only did 30 damage max, and before long, one of Elesa's Emolga was down. I knew that a Volt Switch into Zebstrika was coming, so I swapped in Max and used Dig. My heart leapt when Volt Switch landed a critical hit, but thankfully, Max hung on with 11 HP. Dig hit, but Zebstrika survived with the tiniest sliver of HP imaginable. Since Zebstrika used Quick Attack during the underground turn, I thought it'd probably use it again, so I switched Maggey in. I was right, and Maggey was able to Quick Attack Zebstrika and Elesa's remaining Emolga for the win.

Current team:
:562: Grainne (Lv. 26)
:502: Elaine (Lv. 26)
:554: Max (Lv. 26)
:566: Adam (Lv. 26)
:520: Maggey (Lv. 25)
:513: Brent (Lv. 24)

Dead:

ashgirl92
25th April 2011, 4:42 AM
Not a lot has happened between yesterday and today. I went through Castelia City and battled all the trainers along the way. I also battled the Plasma grunt and met Ghetsis and two of the sages in that one building. I then healed at the Pokecenter and went to the third gym.

Honestly... Burgh wasn't as hard as I thought he would be. I only used one pokemon, and that was Toby, my Herdier. I just spammed Crunch... and he went down. Simple as that really. (But I am glad it was simple... I didn't want to lose Toby!)

So, with the third gym badge I headed toward the desert. At the Desert Resort, I hoped to get a good team member.. but no. Another Sandile... ugh. I am still have team issues, and I can't decide if I train my first Sandile or what.. it will come to me eventually lol.

Current Team:

:507: Toby Lvl 29
:496: Niles Lvl 28
:551: Regia Lvl 15... maybe?

Silent Conversation
25th April 2011, 5:16 AM
This sounds like a good idea. But yer, no point releasing a pokemon, particulalry if its good.

You don't have to release the Pokemon. A highly accepted alternative for those who want to keep all the Pokemon they used is to put all the fainted ones in a PC box named "Dead" or something like that.

TotalPotato
25th April 2011, 10:16 PM
After triumphing over Elesa, I headed east to Route 16. I found a Gothita (nicknamed Lucinda) in the grass, and I found a Cottonee (nicknamed Colin) in Lostlorn Forest. On Route 5, I picked up a Liepard (nicknamed Jordan), and I caught a Ducklett (nicknamed Jemima) on Driftveil Drawbridge, but decided not to train either of those two.

Driftveil's famous heartbreaker broke my heart. A critical hit from his Basculin's Crunch killed Colin. I tried to catch a Minccino in Cold Storage to fill the void, but a critical hit from Brent's Bite put paid to that plan.

I was worried about Clay. Adam squared off against Krokorok, and my opponent confused him with Swagger. Adam hit through the confusion, though, and took Krokorok out with Acrobatics.
I switched to Lucinda to deal with Palpitoad. Being equipped with the Eviolite, she was well equipped to deal with the Muddy Water. It did take three Grass Knots to KO Palpitoad, though.
Last up was Excadrill. It crossed my mind that I could burn it with Grainne, but I recklessly went straight to Elaine instead. Excadrill started off with Hone Claws, and Elaine's first Scald took off over half Excadrill's health. Slash did more than I was expecting, but it wasn't a critical hit, and Elaine sealed the deal with another Scald.

Current team:
:566: Adam (Lv. 29)
:554: Max (Lv. 28)
:502: Elaine (Lv. 29)
:562: Grainne (Lv. 28)
:574: Lucinda (Lv. 29)

Box:
:513: Brent (Lv. 25)
:520: Maggey (Lv. 25)
:510: Jordan (Lv. 20)
:580: Jemima (Lv. 22)

Dead:
:546: Colin (Lv. 24)

Lorde
25th April 2011, 10:20 PM
I got back to the Mistralton City Gym and I challenged Skyla at long last. Her Swoobat was sent first and I knocked it out with Steve. Skyla used Swanna after that and I countered it with Stan's Volt Switch attack. Once Swanna was done, she used Unfezant and I countered it with Joshua. I beat it and I got the Jet Badge from Sklya as well as her Gym's TM. I left the Gym and met N outside. I finished chatting with him and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I went to Route 7 and I met Cheren again. We had a short battle and Alder appeared to give us the HM for Surf. I taught that to Joshua and I headed back to Mistralton City to heal my Pokemon after my battle with Cheren. I flew back to Driftveil City after that and I saved at the shore there. I plan on exploring the sea areas next.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 39
:508: - Cane level 37
:514: - Aries level 36
:521: - Cynthia level 36
:552: - Steve level 37
:523: - Stan level 35

KickAsh
25th April 2011, 10:37 PM
Recently started, and I'm on Route 3. I have 1 Gym Badge, the Trio Badge. I narrowly escaped losing my Pokemon a few times as I battled the trainers around the Day Care, but I'm having tons of fun.

Current Team:

:498: Chuckles Lv. 14

:511: Yoda Lv. 13

:524: Davis Lv. 12

stowe9616
26th April 2011, 12:22 AM
Im also starting my first nuzlocke challenge ever.
My team:
Phillip- Oshawott Lvl 5

bulber
26th April 2011, 12:32 AM
Should Pokemon Gray/Grey come out, I might try it! Or maybe whatever other game is being revealed next month!

I've tried the Monotype (Flying with trainer Sora in Yellow), but this sounds equally interesting. My friends and I once did one where it was like the TV show; you had to only use 3 Pkmn in battles where the opponent would have 3.

Agntpudding
26th April 2011, 2:18 PM
I started in Heart Gold because I didn't want to lose my good Pmon in White. Hopefully if I ever manage to get Black for free somehow or when (if) "Grey" comes out I can do it in Unova as well. :D
It's surprisingly fun and I've only lost a Rattata so far (mostly due to it being level 5 against a level 15 Pidgeoto).

Current team 3 hours in;
Firrip - ;156; - Lv 16
Greg - ;074; - Lv 14
Pearl - ;016; - Lv 14
Barry - ;069; - Lv 14

Dead;
Randy - ;019; - Lv 5

Khybon
26th April 2011, 3:03 PM
My friend just started a Platinum Nuzlocke...And she lost the first battle with Barry. Turtwig is awesome lol

Lorde
26th April 2011, 11:23 PM
I Surfed east of Driftveil City and I found a Water Stone at the lighthouse there. I returned to Nimbasa City after that since I wanted to do some more training at the Sports Stadiums there. I got that done and leveled up my Pokemon and I headed to the Ferris wheel for the daily battle there. Once that was done, I went south to Castelia City and I had my Pokemon massaged there. I left to Accumula Town and I Surfed west. I got to an area with a lot of tough wild Pokemon and I trained there for a while. I had to make some more trips to the Pokemon Center, but I eventually got to Route 17 and I Surfed all the way to Route 18. I got there and I healed at the rest house. I spent most of my time just collecting items and training my Pokemon. I saved before heading to the P2 Lab.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 39
:508: - Cane level 37
:514: - Aries level 37
:521: - Cynthia level 36
:523: - Stan level 36

YourFavoriteUser
26th April 2011, 11:50 PM
What's the point of the Nickname rule? It doesn't add any challenge.

ashgirl92
27th April 2011, 12:05 AM
What's the point of the Nickname rule? It doesn't add any challenge.

I think the nicknames are supposed to make you bond with your Pokemon, so it really sucks to have them die in the nuzlocke. It might just be me, but I found myself in tough battles calling them their name and encouraging them. ( Especially if they were confused or another status condition.) I thought it was silly at first, but I was doing my HeartGold challenge, and I lost my Espeon, Ross, to Lance. The whole time I was screaming "Ross! Don't die, please don't die! .... Ross? ROSS?" I was pretty upset, not going to lie lol.

YourFavoriteUser
27th April 2011, 12:08 PM
I think the nicknames are supposed to make you bond with your Pokemon, so it really sucks to have them die in the nuzlocke. It might just be me, but I found myself in tough battles calling them their name and encouraging them. ( Especially if they were confused or another status condition.) I thought it was silly at first, but I was doing my HeartGold challenge, and I lost my Espeon, Ross, to Lance. The whole time I was screaming "Ross! Don't die, please don't die! .... Ross? ROSS?" I was pretty upset, not going to lie lol.

I guess that makes sense.

Solfatara
27th April 2011, 8:24 PM
I'm going through an emerald nuzlocke challenge atm, but as I have both black and white, I'll probably take a nuzlocke challenge in black after I've gone through it with my IV-bred and EV-trained team.
I think the most fun is when you find pokémon of the same species. It might feel like a waste at first, but as they have different nicknames and natures, perhaps even abilities, they fill such different spots in your team, and you grow so attached to them in entirely different ways. Also, yes, the nicknames are definitely for attachment. I had two poochies in Emerald, Xena and Twin. RIP Twin. TnT
I also think nuzlocke might be a bit easier in this generation, due to lack of caves and many healing possibilities in Doctors/frequent pokécenters. Thus I think I might pick Tepig this gen, being the inferior of the starters imo. It will also be nice, as I've never picked it before, and I think it will fit quite well with a tympole, as I'm rather prepared for meeting it as the first poke in route 4.
I'm actually really looking forward to this now.

Lorde
27th April 2011, 8:30 PM
I Surfed around Route 18 and I went through several currents until I reached the P2 Lab. I got there and I battled a scientist class trainer who was in the tall grass. I captured a few Pokemon after that and I headed back to Accumula Town once I was done there. I flew to Mistralton City again and I headed north to Route 7. I trained a bit there and I made my way to Twist Mountain again since I needed to get to Icirrus City for my seventh Unova badge. I got inside the mountain and I did some training against the trainers there and the wild Pokemon. I eventually got outside and I wandered around a bit. I managed to find some more caves and I picked up some items. I managed to find the exit eventually and I arrived in Icirrus City again. I talked to Cedric Juniper and then I headed to the Pokemon Center to heal my team. I saved there.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 40
:508: - Cane level 38
:514: - Aries level 38
:521: - Cynthia level 37
:523: - Stan level 37

TotalPotato
27th April 2011, 10:24 PM
I was overjoyed to run into a Deerling on Route 6 - I really like it, but I haven't used one yet. I caught her, and named her Deirdre, bringing my team back up to six members again. In Chargestone Cave, I caught a Klink (named Drew).
Tragedy struck in Chargestone Cave. Lucinda was up against a Zebstrika, and Zebstrika's Spark hit much harder than I was expecting (especially considering that Lucinda was holding the Eviolite!). I tried to switch, and the zebra went and used Pursuit on the switch, taking Lucinda down.
I decided I'd choose which Pokémon to add to my active roster once I'd caught a Pokémon on Route 7. I caught a Foongus (named Mimi), and decided that Drew would fit the best on my team.

At this point, I felt like my Pokémon were punching a little above their weight, so I trained them up a little before moving on. In Celestial Tower, I caught a Litwick (named Galdino), and in the battle against the nurse, both Grainne and Deirdre evolved!

Once Skyla had returned to her gym, I took her on. Her Swoobat fell quickly to Grainne, and her Unfezant couldn't survive two Scald attacks from Elaine. I wanted to use Drew to knock Swanna out, but I didn't want to risk a Bubblebeam critical, so Drew didn't stay in for too long. Not to worry, though - Drew was able to paralyse and deal some damage to Swanna, and Grainne finished the job with Hex.

Current team:
:563: Grainne (Lv. 35)
:566: Adam (Lv. 34)
:599: Drew (Lv. 35)
:502: Elaine (Lv. 35)
:554: Max (Lv. 34)
:586: Deirdre (Lv. 35)

Box:
:510:, :580:, :520:, :513:, :590:, :607:

Dead:
:506:, :524:, :509:, :507:, :546:, :574:

ashgirl92
28th April 2011, 2:48 AM
I hate level grinding. Hate it. But, it is a must to train new members. I went to Route 4 and Desert Resort to get a plume fossil. I had no idea that the fossil pokemon in Unova were brought to life at level 25. (Archen, and nickname Blake) I was pretty stoked that I wouldn't have to level him much... until he died in his first wild battle against a Darumaka... ugh. So I decided to finally add my Sandile Regia to my team... and she died in her second battle! My day was not going very well...

I skimmed over the rest of the resort and went to Nimbasa City instead. I headed left to Route 5... and caught a female Solosis named Lucy. I was excited about this catch, as she will probably be a major help to me. I went back to Desert Resort, and slapped the Exp. Share on her. Battling a few more trainers and wild pokemon, then I will head back to Nimbasa.

Current Team:

:496: Niles Lvl 29
:507: Toby Lvl 29
:577: Lucy Lvl 21

stowe9616
28th April 2011, 7:48 PM
What is a better game to play the nuzlocke challenge on? Fire red or black?

Lorde
28th April 2011, 9:11 PM
I left the Pokemon Center after purchasing some items. I bought the TM containing Fire Blast so that I could use it against Brycen, even if it was pretty expensive. I explored the town a little bit and collected some items that were buried in the snow and then I went to the Icirrus City Gym to challenge Brycen. I got inside and I slid on the icy floors. I battled some of the trainers inside there as well as their Ice-type Pokemon and I eventually reached Brycen's place. I challenged him and he sent out his Vanillish first. I used Stan's Flame Charge and I defeated it quickly. He sent out Crygonal and I used Joshua's Revenge attack on it. I defeated it after two hits and Brycen used Beartic. I sent out Aries and I defeated Beartic with Fire Blast. I got the Freeze Badge from Brycen and I prepared to leave the Gym.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 41
:508: - Cane level 39
:514: - Aries level 39
:521: - Cynthia level 37
:552: - Steve level 38
:523: - Stan level 38

professoroak
28th April 2011, 11:09 PM
I started a Nuzlocke a couple of weeks ago on my Black version. I just arrived at Nimbasa City!
I added an extra rule for myself- You can only have six Pokemon, ever. For example, I caught a Patrat, but I released it when I caught my Scraggy :D
Here's my team! [In order]:

:502: Broseidon Lvl. 27 Careful
:507: Krzysztof Lvl. 24 Lonely
:514: VasDeferen Lvl. 26 Timid
:542: Energyn Lvl. 25 Naughty
:559: Sleaze Lvl. 27 Relaxed
:551: Victor Lvl. 20 Hardy

-RIP- Huiquanpu [Purrloin] and Skype [Pidove].

The only things that worry me about my six Pokemon rule are who to give my HMs to and the fact I might not ever get a flying or water pokemon. I mean, I could always get Ducklett, but come on!

TotalPotato
29th April 2011, 2:30 PM
and caught a female Solosis named Lucy.
My Black-exclusive Psychic-type was named Lucinda, and now your White-exclusive Psychic-type is named Lucy! Let's hope Lucy survives longer than Lucinda did!

I got Surf after defeating Cheren at Twist Mountain, and went around exploring all the new areas open to me before moving on. I caught an Alomomola (named Hugh) on Route 17, a Sawk (named Bruno) on Route 18, a Basculin (named Rick) in Striaton City, a Frillish (named Jerome) in Driftveil City, and a Woobat (named Rasputin) in Mistralton Cave! Phew! I also ran into a Herdier in P2 Laboratory, but I didn't really want to catch it (I seem to have bad luck with the Lillipup line).

With all that exploring out of the way, I ventured into Twist Mountain, and caught a Cubchoo (named David). Once I reached Icirrus City, I went up a snowdrift to collect an item, and ran into a Mienfoo along the way. I caught him, and nicknamed him Walsh.

My Pokémon had been seriously beefed up by all the trainers I fought whilst exploring with Surf. Adam, Drew, Elaine and Max had all evolved, which certainly helped when I took Brycen on.
Grainne took out his Vanillish with two Shadow Balls.
Max defeated Beartic with a Flare Blitz.
Elaine knocked Cryogonal out with Revenge.
...yeah, he wasn't too hard.

Current team:
:563: Grainne (Lv. 39)
:567: Adam (Lv. 39)
:555: Max (Lv. 39)
:586: Deirdre (Lv. 39)
:503: Elaine (Lv. 39)
:600: Drew (Lv. 39)

Box:
:513:, :520:, :510:, :580:, :590:, :607:, :594:, :539:, :550b:, :592:, :527:, :613:, :619:

Dead:
:506:, :524:, :509:, :507:, :546:, :574:

Lorde
30th April 2011, 12:07 AM
I left the Icirrus City Gym and I encountered Cheren and Bianca outside. We talked and then Brycen appeared. He discovered the Shadow Triad there and then we were told about the stuff happening at Dragonspiral Tower. I left to heal my Pokemon and then I headed for Dragonspiral Tower. I got inside and I encountered Cheren as he made his way to the tower's summit. I captured a Golett and a Druddigon on my way to the top and I also encountered some Team Plasma grunts. I battled them and I eventually reached the tower's summit. I encountered N at the top and after chatting briefly, he left on Zekrom. I left the tower and healed at the Pokemon Center again. I had to leave for the Desert Resort to stop N's plan, so I flew to Nimbasa City. I trained a bit at the Sport Stadiums and then I left for the desert.

My current team:
:503: - Joshua level 42
:508: - Cane level 40
:514: - Aries level 40
:521: - Cynthia level 38
:552: - Steve level 39
:523: - Stan level 38

bobandbill
30th April 2011, 7:59 AM
Closing as we now have a new section for challenges (click here!). (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230) You may continue your current challenge here in the respective thread in that section without needing to go back and c+p posts however. Please check the rules of the section first as well. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=514893)