PDA

View Full Version : Back with an updated Fire starter (animated)

Hiidoran-man
28th March 2011, 6:09 PM
Hey all, im back after a while.

anyway, ive been reworking the sprites i done a few years back, and this fire pokemon has had an overhaul

well here it is

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/hiidoran-man/flazier-1.gif

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/hiidoran-man/isayfixed.png this is the most recent addition, what do you think of it? Could you think of anything to add?
In my opinion, I feel like it needs a little extra something.

Edit: the title's a little misleading, there's nothing about a fire starter in here. >.>

-Raiga-
28th March 2011, 10:03 PM
Comparing it to previous starters(assuming you're going completely for pokemon style), I'd say its a little bland in the personality deparment. Contrarily, it has a quite a bit of detail in its rock formation, which for starters is big no-no.

With that in mind, the animation is done pretty well, and sprite is sprited pretty darn well also, kudos.

Hiidoran-man
30th March 2011, 1:38 PM
Thanks for the comment. Looking at it now it's been mentioned, it could do with some more personality, I'll have to think of a way to incorporate something like that in there.

Snipehsheep
1st April 2011, 1:27 AM
I'm guessing it's Fire/Rock?
Anyway, I like it a lot, although the colours are a little bland.

Also, do you have a name? How about Heateor? (Heat + Meteor)

noobiess
1st April 2011, 10:25 AM
I think the animation looks really weard. It looks liek it is hanging in the air and his lower body is making circles. It also looks a bit like he is just shaking his hips :p

I think the idea is quit good but a little bit plain for a sparter pokemon. It rather looks liek a pokemon you would constantly find in caves, like geodude or numel.

Hiidoran-man
2nd April 2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah, it's just plain fire in it's first form as shown here, but it branches into fire/rock when it evolves. The current name for it is Flazier, but I'm open to suggestions. :)

And I see what you're saying Noobiess, it does look like it's sort of hanging. Perhaps when I put the gif together I should have included a floor visual so it would look like it'd be standing. It does indeed need something to make it a bit more unique, unfortunately I can't think of what to add.

sinful7
4th April 2011, 6:53 AM
Good work! :D

Porygonq
6th April 2011, 7:42 PM
very very cool, what i'v noticed with b/w animations is that after teh 3rd repeat, they do something different, maybe you could add thatb in to give this little fella a little more character!

Hiidoran-man
7th April 2011, 12:23 AM
very very cool, what i've noticed with b/w animations is that after the 3rd repeat, they do something different, maybe you could add that in to give this little fella a little more character!

I know what you mean, and at some point in the future I will revisit it and make some more frames. When I made it originally, I didn't feel like making several more frames after just finishing about 20 :P

Hiidoran-man
10th November 2011, 5:35 PM
bump! :)
Passing the time between shifts at work, I fused/spliced together Mienfoo, Elektross and Grovyle to create this little fella.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/hiidoran-man/isayfixed.png
(it's 64x64, and follows 16-colour limitation (I prefer to keep my sprites this way))

Anyway, I might use this for a project I'm working on, as one of the fakemon. And I'm wondering, what do you think of it? Could you think of anything to add?
In my opinion, I feel like it needs a little extra something.

Grade
11th November 2011, 11:19 PM
I like how it's animated rather then standing still. It's pretty good, although the cololrs are a bit bland, as others have said. But it really is great, keep it up ;)