PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite 5th Gen Pokemon and why?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

punkerpavine
30th March 2011, 4:38 PM
So, what is your favorite and why?

Mine is Minccino. It's a chinchilla :O And so cute :D

Hatmaster15
31st March 2011, 8:53 PM
Heatmor, though I'm not entirley sure why. Maybe I just like the pokemon everyone seems to forget (e.t.c weezing. But then I don't really like weezing, so i'm still not sure).

GoldCharmander
31st March 2011, 8:57 PM
Haxorus, cause he is just boss. fire and dragons are my favorite types and he is sick.
hope to transfer my jap ditto from 4th gen to white soon to mm breed for a shiny axew

Electric
31st March 2011, 8:59 PM
Haxorus, because of its animation, but I shouldn't really explain because it's not really appropriate...

Sawk would be my next favorite because it's an awesome blue judo fighter. It's pretty unique and I like how it wears a robe and a belt.

Venomrec
31st March 2011, 9:00 PM
Liepard even though i think she should be named Lieperd. Why cuz she's Awsome!

WillieNelson
31st March 2011, 9:07 PM
Scrafty the Mob Boss!

Yuphie
31st March 2011, 9:32 PM
Think it has to be Lilligant for me. Love the sprite and it actually packs a punch too (Especially after a Quiver Dance or 2). ^^

poke-lord
31st March 2011, 9:38 PM
A scrap between Scrafty or Excadrill

IatosHaunted
31st March 2011, 9:46 PM
Volcarona. I love the typing, I love design, and I love the shiny form.

Endless
31st March 2011, 9:50 PM
I love Scrafty.
It was the only pokemon I really hated when 5th gen was released first. However it grew on me and is now my favorite. It has great design and typing. It is good both in-game and competitive, mine was the suprime powerhouse in my White playthrough.

Other pokemon I really like this gen: Oshawott, Whimsicott, Dwebble, Crustle, Scraggy, Sigilyph, Jellicent, Bisharp, Braviary, Thundurus, Zekrom and Kyurem.

abraxas
31st March 2011, 9:52 PM
Gigalith.
Why? I loved its design, and it just was such a beast throughout the entire game, and it marked the first time I've ever took the time to use a Rock type at all.

Nibbles4Ever
31st March 2011, 10:02 PM
Dewott because it's so cute and cool looking =D

bippacooleth
31st March 2011, 10:11 PM
Gotta be Lilligant (can't believe I'm saying this - before the release I forgot that it even existed, but its just such a beast)

Quiver Dance to success!

Ruskittlez
31st March 2011, 10:14 PM
I love Hydregion, Dewott (Not Samurott) but my favourite is Kling Klang and Klingklang gears for the win!

Palkia98
31st March 2011, 10:14 PM
Krookodile or Haxorus, Haxorus replaced Garchomp as my new favourite dragon type

Dragoniteftw
31st March 2011, 10:15 PM
I love Scrafty.
It was the only pokemon I really hated when 5th gen was released first. However it grew on me and is now my favorite. It has great design and typing. It is good both in-game and competitive, mine was the suprime powerhouse in my White playthrough.

^ this, I would of said the same thing

not forgetting chandelure and krookodile too :)

Chaos Emperor
31st March 2011, 10:17 PM
Leavanny. its one of the few gen 5 pokemon that doesnt make me cringe.

Dragoniteftw
31st March 2011, 10:19 PM
Leavanny. its one of the few gen 5 pokemon that doesnt make me cringe.

yuck, leafanny.

WaffleCopter
31st March 2011, 10:49 PM
Braviary- one of the coolest bird pokes ever. And amazing colors

Bisharp- especially it's shiny. Looks like a metal fighting machine. SWEET

Fraxure- better then haxorus. Especially it's shiny. Silver and sky blue, YES!!!

Beartic- always liked the big bear pokes... Him and ursuring would be a good duo

Absol Wings
31st March 2011, 10:52 PM
That's a hard one. I love the starters Emboar and Jaroda, the sugar glider Emolga, and many others.....though one honorable mention goes to the awesome Golurk. I love this phantom statue golem spirit soooooo much.
Though to pick just one would be incredibly hard

lucario beast
31st March 2011, 10:55 PM
i like excadrill he is a beast in the sand

Porgon-XYZ
31st March 2011, 10:58 PM
Well, it's either Eelektross, Scraggy, or Accelgor. Eelektross is just awesome in battle, in-game, and is just generally cool looking. I'm not sure why I like Scraggy so much, I guess just because of that little hood thingie he has. Accelgor is just supreme awesomeness being the fastest of all in the 5th gen and He looks like an epic Ninja dude!oFTo

Malluma
31st March 2011, 10:59 PM
Swanna.
Most of the water pokémon in B/W were disappointing, but I quite like Duckett and Swanna. :3

pimpngreenhat
31st March 2011, 11:02 PM
Samurott or Haxorus. Why? Because Samurott is a samurai/otter, and because haxorus is a HAAAAAX dragon.

Tinygreyalien
31st March 2011, 11:07 PM
i prefer hydriegon, its the first dark dragon ever so its an instant win in my books, and i has 3 heads and a *****in colour scheme :D

LanceTheDragonMaster
31st March 2011, 11:07 PM
Definetly either haxorus or Zebstrika.

Dasdardly
31st March 2011, 11:09 PM
Liligant. Have you seen its shiny? I HAD to have one. :D

Silent Conversation
31st March 2011, 11:33 PM
I've got to go with Archeops. It is a total beast when it comes to attacking, and its ability isn't even a problem because it can move so quickly it can OHKO a Pokemon before that Pokemon can even attack it. I also love how its the first fossil flier, plus it's the only fossil I've ever liked (with the exception of maybe Carracosta, who I'm not really sure about)

Mister_SGG
31st March 2011, 11:36 PM
I really like Haxorus' line.

Grei
31st March 2011, 11:38 PM
I love so many of these guys. :<

I have to say my all-time favorite 5th Gen Pokemon is Scrafty. Great design, incredibly powerful, and just my type of Pokemon--defensive, but with the ability to fight back (Serperior, Mandibuzz, and Altaria fall under this category).

Besides, Scrafty, I really like (in no particular order):

-Darmanitan
-Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott
-Tepig, Pignite
-Snivy, Serperior
-Braviary
-Sewaddle, Swadloon, and Leavanny
-Minccino
-Golett
-Dwebble
-Larvesta, Volcarona
-Lilligant
-Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad
-Sawsbuck

5th Gen is probably my favorite Gen, just barely beating 4th Gen.

KickAsh
1st April 2011, 12:06 AM
Beartic, Braviary, Dewott and Pignite, Thundurus, and Bouffalant. I like those a lot.

Sea Swampert
1st April 2011, 12:12 AM
I've not noticed any love for Ferrothorn!!! The guy is immense, an interesting type combo (A grass type I actually like) and some insane defense.
But then I do also like Darmanitan and Braviary.

CasteliaUmbreon
1st April 2011, 12:28 AM
Mine would be Zorua, I'm a fan of dark type pokemon and Zorua has won me over from day 1. The new movie about Zorua and Zoroark also helped me to decide it was my favorite, it just appeals to me greatly~

foxyman1167
1st April 2011, 12:32 AM
I've really grown to like Serperior over the other two starters, mainly because Emboar has the same type combo as Blaziken and Infernape, and Samurott is kinda bland, nothing really jumps out at you.

Besides, it learns Leech Seed, which is easily my favorite Grass type move.

Other Unova pokes I really like;

Darmanitan
Krookodile
Jellicent
Ferrothorn
Scrafty
Stoutland
Chandelure

As of now, I'd say Serperior is my favorite.

Mister_SGG
1st April 2011, 12:35 AM
I just remembered that I love Scraggy. And Cubchoo. And Cobalion.

New Konoiche
1st April 2011, 12:36 AM
Vaniluxe and its pre-evos are my favorite 5th Gen Pokemon by far. I'm a huge ice cream fan and vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, so I was very excited to see a Pokemon line based on vanilla ice cream cones! :) Plus, Vaniluxe and its pre-evos are strong and useful, especially against Dreyden.

locomo
1st April 2011, 12:36 AM
Oh, loving Chandelure <3 and Serperior.

Chandelure - design & Monster Sp. Atck.
Seperior - Design.

Mattp012
1st April 2011, 12:41 AM
Toss up between Braviary, Beartic, Volcarona, or Galavantula. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Braviary because the name is amazing and it looks the coolest. :D

EDIT: Ferrothorn is boss as well! :P

nahcmo
1st April 2011, 12:56 AM
Scraggy. It reminds me of Croagrunk with its somewhat silly face... which I loved so much. :)

Xyllerion
1st April 2011, 4:04 AM
Gigalith, the most epic rock-type.

GaZsTiC
1st April 2011, 4:07 AM
Joltik/Galvantula. Reason: they're too cute to be true.

Rakurai
1st April 2011, 4:34 AM
Hydreigon.

I had been hoping they'd make a hydra Pokemon since the first generation, and they finally delivered.

Heldigunner1
1st April 2011, 4:37 AM
jellicent- because it's good and if you choose the male version it looks like the Pringles mascot.

cookies kill you
1st April 2011, 4:39 AM
braivary i just love the way it looks

Naluc
1st April 2011, 4:55 AM
Reshiram. I love the dragon design. Just absolutely amazing. It actually looks like a dragon.

MarioGamer159
1st April 2011, 4:55 AM
Cofagrigus. At first he wasn't my favorite, but his design grew on me. He's also the first 5th Gen Pokemon I raised to put on my team.

richi3f
1st April 2011, 4:56 AM
Deino! I love its "haircut"!

In second place there's Escavalier, Durant, Stunfisk, Cryogonal, Shelmet, Haxorus, Solosis, and Scragggy.

Dr. Leggs
1st April 2011, 4:56 AM
Reuniclus and Scrafty, just for their fantastic designs and movepools.

Runners-up: Crustle, Volcarona, Accelgor, Cryogonal, Sigilyph

Hawkownelson
1st April 2011, 5:07 AM
Serperior is my favorite pokemon for one because i have always liked the grass starters and also because of its "bossness." My serperior has always been the most powerful pokemon in my party, not by level but in stats, and its overall design is elegant and kingly. I love everything about and in my opinion there's no match in the 5th gen games.

PsychoIncarnate
1st April 2011, 6:02 AM
Reuniclus. There is just something awesome about that little Jello Shot

ChrisKoala
1st April 2011, 6:17 AM
Zorua and Zoroark are among my favs this Gen, because they're very tricky to fight. I really like Druddigon, and it's cool that he's the first Dragon Pokemon that has no evolutions, but he's too slow for me to use. :-| I also really like Golurk, Bisharp, and Braviary. Braviary is definitely my favorite Pokemon from Gen 5.

Soluna
1st April 2011, 2:53 PM
I'm not really sure what my favorite Pokemon is in this Gen.

Although I really like ;;

The Lolita evolution line.
Vanillish. Because when I encountered it, it used Taunt.
Basculin. Such an underrated Pokemon. :<

I wouldn't go as far as saying they are my favorites, but I just really like them.

Darkmega354
1st April 2011, 3:05 PM
First off, I love whoever said that Fraxure is cooler than Haxorus.

My favorites would probably Reuniclus, Lilligant, and Carracosta. It's just too bad I have Black...

Sweep
1st April 2011, 3:26 PM
Accelgor.

Looks like a boss.

Alex048
1st April 2011, 3:40 PM
Swanna.

I loved Pelipper in the 3rd generation, and Swanna just seems so much like it to me. I named mine Louis after the main character from The Trumpet of the Swan.

zozo
1st April 2011, 4:00 PM
Cofagrigus, Chandelure, Jellicent, and Golurk

Personally, I think Gen V has the best ghosts of all time, even nicer than the Gastly family and Frosslass, as far as design goes.

Of all the Gen V ghosts, I think Golurk is my favourite. Who wouldn't love a mass of haunted armor that can fly???

Haunter ゴースト
1st April 2011, 5:05 PM
Excadrill, great design and his anime ignorance reminds me of how Charizard was with Ash.

Zanji
1st April 2011, 5:21 PM
hrmmm mine would definitely be Braviary, he just looks like awesome ^^ and once I got it on my team he has never left it lol

the runner ups for me would be Excadrill, Gigalith and Zekrom

RedMage23
1st April 2011, 5:33 PM
With every generation, I always go from liking just a few to liking most of them except for a few, and then I pick my favorites over the course of the gen. Right now, I'm liking Zoroark and Munna.

Dark Sharpedo
1st April 2011, 5:38 PM
I must say.... my favorite 5th Gen Pokemon is probably Amoongus, since its great! And it just looks soooo cool :P

UltraGrassBall
1st April 2011, 5:45 PM
I like snivy because hes a grass stater.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/135/e/6/SNIVY_the_grass_pokemon__by_Antooncartoon.png&imgrefurl=http://antooncartoon.deviantart.com/art/SNIVY-the-grass-pokemon-164141469&usg=__PjzXMmh_GtqfMrcFUcSKpXyo-lU=&h=736&w=900&sz=243&hl=en&start=44
&zoom=1&tbnid=p_V9urafWDg16M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=152&ei=2fKVTYufINTogQeku6C_CA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsnivy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26r lz%3D1R2ADSA_enUS348%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D574%26tb s%3Disch:10%2C689&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=613&vpy=240&dur=7363&hovh=203&hovw=248&tx=143&ty=159&oei=xfKVTYmHFJDogQf_4Pm3CA&page=3&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:44&biw=1259&bih=574

BJPalmer85
1st April 2011, 5:46 PM
i dont really have a favorite 5th gen, but if i were to pick it would be a tie between sandile and litwick

B

Guywhoiam
1st April 2011, 5:55 PM
I find it hard to choose between Galvantula, Zekrom, and Zoroark.

gliscor&yanmega
1st April 2011, 5:57 PM
Sandile, Krokorok, and Krookodile are my favorite for 5th generation, one of my favorites over all.

I like Reptiles for one, Crocodiles being one of my favorite Reptiles.

They were also very useful in-game for me.

They look awesome.

Nothing to dislike for me.

I have lots of favorites though, Joltik, Galvantula, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Zekrom, Larvesta, Volcarona, Kyurem, Zorua, Zoroark, Genesect, more and more and more.

MewTwoEx
1st April 2011, 6:09 PM
Ferrothorn, coz i think he looks cool and unique, and he pisses ppl off ^_^

The Eleventh
1st April 2011, 6:52 PM
I don't have one favourite, but quite a few; Zebstrika, Woobat, Darmanitan, Emolga, Elgyem, Haxorus and Hydreigon.

Shiny Arcanine
1st April 2011, 8:17 PM
lilligant,galvantula,zoroark,emboar and braviary

maxximuscree
1st April 2011, 8:24 PM
5th gen water starter, golett, scraggy/scruffy and the ground crocodile combo.

StormNO
1st April 2011, 9:01 PM
chaudlure, he kills all the rest, she is the perfect pokemon. i used her through most of the game, she only died twice and it was my fault.

Kalosian
1st April 2011, 9:12 PM
Haxorus, so far. The reason could be the name alone, but I have also had a lot of success using it in battles. Have always wanted a pure Dragon Pokemon that actually is useable and is a final evolution.

pikatob
1st April 2011, 9:13 PM
Garbodor. I just love the thing. It is an exploded trash bag with M&Ms in it. How can you hate it? I feel pretty bad for it. It's probably one of the most hated Pokemon in Gen 5.

DarthUr
1st April 2011, 10:37 PM
Sigilyph

it's ridiculous
it's been in my party since i caught it

him and my Seismitoad

Aqua Ring
2nd April 2011, 12:02 AM
Of all the ones I've caught so far, I would say that Timburr is my favorite. I finally evolved him into a Gurdurr today, and I'm going to hang out with my friends later today so I'll be able to evolve him (they play pokemon too). It's just so strong and awesome-looking. Plus, he's got Sheer Force (which will kick butt with Hammer Arm). I named mine Dwayne, after The Rock (who was my favorite wrestler when I was growing up).

Drilbur and Sewaddle are also really strong. I'm surprised at how useful Bug Bite has been. I'm a little disappointed in Snivy. I'm EV training him and it's been very slow. I think I'll just box him until I have access to surfing and flying.

bushie
2nd April 2011, 12:08 AM
braviary is my favorite just got a legit shiny ruffet evolved it now got a shiny braviary YEAH

WhiteForest
2nd April 2011, 12:20 AM
Mine is Minccino. It's a chinchilla :O And so cute
----
I have a pet chinchilla :D

Anyway lilligant. she is a beast

Zibdas
2nd April 2011, 12:22 AM
At first, Gollurk and Bisharp, because they are win. They also made me finally decide to buy the game. Now I'm not so sure. However I am extremely fond of the muskateer trio...

KantoPkmnMaster
2nd April 2011, 12:49 AM
All of them....except stunfisk....it sounds like a whoopie cushion and looks like one too.

quilava99
2nd April 2011, 1:05 AM
Beartic, Chandelure, and Haxorus are my favorites.

Chibified
2nd April 2011, 1:13 AM
Minccino/Cinccino. Plus they saved me a lot of trouble during my playthrough.

I also like the Solosis set, reminds me of a bunch of plush dolls; Reuniclus, especially.

Dark7
2nd April 2011, 1:21 AM
Im tied between Haxorus or Zoroark. Haxorus is one of the coolest pokemon as it only have one type, Dragon and it has a good attack and nice base stat. Zoroark has one of the coolest ability in the game and a good base stat.

aeroi
2nd April 2011, 1:24 AM
Zoroark and Kibago(:
Once Zoroark was leaked from CoroCoro, I loved him! And Kibago is just a cute Dragon xD err..Axew.. -___-

Zalbar
2nd April 2011, 1:27 AM
I normally never like, use, or even bother catching the normal/flying birds, but between thier looks and everything I've heard about them I'm going to catch and train a Rufflet/Bravairy.

The one I like the absolute most though is a toss up between Joltic/Galvantula (I've always liked bug pokémon and thier design and type matching are both pretty awesome) and the ground/ghost golem thing(name escapes me at the moment).
The golem visually reminds me of a robot I saw in an anime once that was a fairly loose adaptation of Frankenstien.

Pichu47
2nd April 2011, 1:31 AM
I love.........joltik! It has such an awesome design, plus it is made of my two favorite colors! If it had gotten Thunder, it could dominate little cup.

Robotic Wind
2nd April 2011, 1:32 AM
at first Mandibuzz but now I'm leaning towards Cryogonal.

I like Cryogonal because he looks completly odd and wierd and I like that.

BlazingCold
2nd April 2011, 1:45 AM
Simipour or Panpour :P Theyre bombing.
Next would be Scraggy and Scrafty.
They're like totally gangsta!!!!!
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/560.gifhttp://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/559.gifhttp://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/515.gifhttp://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/516.gifYEAH IM COOL ENOUGH TO DO THAT!

Midnight Sun
2nd April 2011, 1:49 AM
I love Litwick and it's evolutions (Lampent and Chandelure). Litwick is so adorable, and the design for all 3 are amazing! I love the black/purple color scheme. There's more but...I just can't explain it. :'D

And Lillipup. I love Yorkies and small terrier dogs, so there's the whole reason. x3

Eivui
2nd April 2011, 1:52 AM
Gothitelle. I love her design and think she at least somewhat helpful in battle.

In terms of combat, Scrafty is probably the best. Easily my strongest team member, she tore through everything.

PinkPalkia
2nd April 2011, 1:54 AM
Anything that is pink when shiny, especially Reshiram, Virizion, Darumaka, and Mienshao.

Todoserugi
2nd April 2011, 1:55 AM
HAXORUS because its a beast
golurk cuz it can fly
reuniclus just cuz

Cobalt_Latios
2nd April 2011, 2:29 AM
I can't just choose 1, but if I had to play my 3 faves...

- Zoroark
- Mienshao
- Serperior

Zoroark was just an interesting design to start off with, Mienshao is a very interesting concept for a fighting type, and Serperior... well, Serperior is a very neat grass snake. It may not be powerful, but it can definitely take hits.

Runner ups would be: Chandelure, Haxorus, Zekrom and Heatmor.

/CL

Squirtlemasterr
2nd April 2011, 2:48 AM
Zorua is my favorite. Zorua was the second I saw her/him. Its very cute and then turns into a beast. Then Tepig, Rufflet and one which i dont know the name to yet lol. The ghost mummy.

Breaker
2nd April 2011, 3:37 AM
I really like Sawsbuck. It looks really awesome.. so majestic. I also like the concept of changing appearance depending on the season. Its signature move is neat as well.

Crusina
2nd April 2011, 3:39 AM
Haxorus and Galentula (sp?)

Lord Zoroark
2nd April 2011, 4:25 AM
Serperior looks AWESOME. His design is so cool, and if you're clever enough, you can find a murderous strategy in his so-called "shallow" movepool.

And also...Scrafty, I apologize. When I first saw it, I was like, "Holy COW, what the heck is that?!?" Then...he grew on me MAJORLY. His design, movepool, stats...and his facial expression. I think that Scrafty is the best Pokemon of this Generation...TIED WITH SERPERIOR, THAT IS. But yeah... Scrafty, you rock.

Grovyl
2nd April 2011, 4:26 AM
Probably Scrafty. 'Cause it just wrecks on everything!
Dewott, Fraxure, or Reshiram are close seconds.

Uberpolychrome
2nd April 2011, 8:44 AM
Gotta be Krookodile, I love crocodiles and alligators and I was so glad to see a pokemon based on them

Flame Haji
2nd April 2011, 8:49 AM
Reuniclus, he is cute and powerful!

knetz07
2nd April 2011, 9:01 AM
Oh boy! There's a lot of awesome looking pokemon this gen, can't choose! :(
But my top 5 would be(based on looks and power, in no particular order):
-Haxorus
-Krookodile
-Chandelure
-Archeops
-Leavanny

Feel_Like_a_Maunster
2nd April 2011, 9:04 AM
My favorite is the legendary Kyurem.

My most durable pokemon (and my all time favorite knight of justice) is Escavalier

Legendary Dreams
2nd April 2011, 9:07 AM
Galvantula is tops in my list.

Other mentions go to Haxorus, Zoroark, Reuniclus, Braviary and Liligant.

Mr. E Goods
2nd April 2011, 9:08 AM
Alomomola has become my favourite overall pokemon now, ever since I saw it leap out of the water in the first ep of B/W anime <3 It has the best name ever AlomomolA.

INFAMOUSMrChewy
2nd April 2011, 2:22 PM
Galvantula's where it's at. It's a giant spider. That is electric.
IT. IS. ELECTRICALLY. CHARGED.
How awesome is that? ;P

Not to mention the giant mandibles and awesome colour scheme, and how gosh darn cute it is when it's a Joltik.

(It's also the first electric type that I've EVER used in my main party.)

coolminun
2nd April 2011, 2:37 PM
Definitely Futachimaru/Dewott. Just looks to cool wielding dual shell blades. Could you imagine him doing an aqua jet like a samuria slash?! Too beastly!!

magentaman
2nd April 2011, 2:40 PM
Servine.
I just love the look of it, total BA

whataffah
2nd April 2011, 4:15 PM
Don't have many favorites in this gen... :P

I like the legendary musketeers though, the threesome, not the event one.

My absolute favorite is Hydreigon, I hate the german part of it though (Ein, Zwei, Drei

It's worth it to train it all the way to level 64 where it evolves. Got a level 39 Deino, took very long to get Zweilous, and with Zweilous I traveled through Eastern-Unova, whereafter it evolved in the Nimbasa Stadium.

It has a great balanced Attack and Sp.Attack and can learn both HyperBeam and GigaImpact. Have the TM's, so I can learn them if I want to.

The Hustle ability of it's prevolutions are horrible though, but itself it has Levitate, having it 2 Immunities, and no 4x hit possible. Hydreigon is the beast of the game:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/048/f/2/sazandora___hydreigon_cutemon_by_kinneas64-d39sfkv.png

Nintendan
2nd April 2011, 4:25 PM
None other than the mighty Haxorus!
Why?
Well, it has helped me so much in Black Version and it's shiny form is just as awesome as Charizard's - black :D Ohhh yeah.

Skydra
2nd April 2011, 5:04 PM
Galvantula's where it's at. It's a giant spider. That is electric.
IT. IS. ELECTRICALLY. CHARGED.
How awesome is that? ;P

Not to mention the giant mandibles and awesome colour scheme, and how gosh darn cute it is when it's a Joltik.

(It's also the first electric type that I've EVER used in my main party.)

I'd say Ariados beats out Galvantula by a little, but their both pretty good.

So far my absolute favorite new Pokemon are Elgyem/Beheeyem, followed by many others which are too numerous to count.

Arcanine724
2nd April 2011, 7:46 PM
Got to be Galvantula!!!

TheHauntedOne
2nd April 2011, 8:18 PM
I'm not sure yet which pokemon this generation is my favorite... I'd probably go with Cofagrigus or Hydreigon, just because the designs are pretty wicked and both can pack a punch. I also like Woobat, Litwick and Galvantula due to their creepy cuteness.

I've recently taken a fancy to Conkeldurr, due to his sheer strength and his design which looks like he's holding grave stones. The Vanillite->Vanillish->Vanilluxe line really turned me off at first but now they're pretty much my favorite ice types. Love me some 2-headed ice cream monster!

Goopygoo
2nd April 2011, 8:47 PM
Meloetta! Being a musical theater kid, I absolutely love musical Pokemon, so Meloetta is my favorite this gen. If only they'd release it!! Also, Golurk, Chandelure, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, and Scrafty, although Scrafty is the only one on my team.

TheFightingPikachu
2nd April 2011, 10:46 PM
I don't think I have one favorite, but there are several that I really like. Galvantula, with its Bug-Electric combination, is really cool. I like Krookodile and Chandelure, too, each with really cool type combinations.

AkonFan2000
2nd April 2011, 11:03 PM
Leavanny FTW! I know it has so many weaknesses but swords dance and 1 hit knocks out so many!

PokemonRoss
2nd April 2011, 11:28 PM
Reuniclus For the Win!!
He's got an awesome movepool, Good abilities, good stats and is just cute as hell... :D

Weaver_8
2nd April 2011, 11:50 PM
This gen I have one Pokemon whom I have utterly fallen for. I love them all really and find them all special in there own way, but my favorite for this gen is the fire moth Volcarona. Ha! bet you guys didn't see that coming! Musharana and Munna are still up in my top five for this gen though :3 It seems there is always one Pokemon that captures my heart and separates itself from all the other Pokemon. Charizard, Misdreavus, Absol, Froslass, and now introducing my new gen fave Volcarona.

Second place goes to Cryogonal by the way

KalenArleth
3rd April 2011, 12:50 AM
I seem to have a thing for Pseudo-Legendaries. XD So Hydreigon is my favourite. However it is tied with Shiny Haxorus (Which I'm close to getting :D)

Iswim4pain
3rd April 2011, 1:28 AM
It may seem like a cop-out and I only have White version but I like the main story legendaries of this game just because I like the history of them in this game. There are just so many interesting tidbits about Zekrom and Resh' in the game. I just hope to one day combine them and make an even cooler looking dragon.

Legendaries aside though I would say I enjoy playing with Ferrothorn.

Ace Trainer Alex
3rd April 2011, 1:42 AM
Carracosta. For starters, it looks cool. It also has a pretty good movepool if you know how to use it. It's a great defensive pokemon. And... it's one of the cooler fossil pokemon, in my opinion.

keaki17
3rd April 2011, 1:46 AM
Rufflet, just absolutely Cute!

MugoUrth
3rd April 2011, 1:59 AM
Samurott's pretty awesome. My intrest in Samurott's faded a bit and I'm back to having Blastoise as my all time fave, but he's still awesome. I'm one of those who started liking him when they introduced the swords, though. If I ever get Grey, though, I'm getting Samurott, cause I want to kick that candy-*** Serperior into next week.

Emboar I always liked, and still do. He's fat, strong, and kind of cute. All the things I like in a Pokemon(And all the things Samurott doesn't have enough of). Come 'er, piggy! XD

Watchog and that psychotic look of his is probably the best thing since sliced bread. Go Watchog!

ConkElder is awesome cause it's a Kick-*** Granny Pokemon. *Honks Conkelder's clown nose.*

Excadrill is also awesome, despite way too many references to oh, never mind, I know where it will go. Simply because he looks like a big fat Ninja Mole. Ninjas + Moles + Chubbyness = AWESOME!!! Now if only there was a good Pirate Pokemon. (Ninjas are cool, but I like Pirates better.)

Oshawott and Trubbish are the epitome of ADORABLE!!!

Mandibuzz has a cool Gothic look to it, plus looks like a Vulture. Vultures are underrated. ...I know it's a California Condor, but same thing.

Scolipede also looks pretty cool. Probably the coolest Bug type, yet.

The Tao Trio is pretty cool too. Even if you don't ignore the fact that Reshiram looks like it has a pee shooter, or that Zekrom looks like a little elf with that hairstyle, or even if you don't ignore the fact that Kyurem is an obvious reference to 9/11, all three have a LOT of coolness to them.

Wildfyre
3rd April 2011, 2:14 AM
Either Scrafty or Hax. Cant decide.

tyranitar!
3rd April 2011, 2:31 AM
either hydreggion, volcarona or braviary(which is weird becaus i got black just to catch mandibuzz)

Dr. Eeviil
3rd April 2011, 2:57 AM
Due to the egregious lack of new Eevees, I don't have a favorite for this generation. ;)

MugoUrth
3rd April 2011, 3:00 AM
Due to the egregious lack of new Eevees, I don't have a favorite for this generation. ;)

Really? You came into a favorite 5th gen topic just to say that?

Reeper8000
3rd April 2011, 4:22 AM
I love Hydreigon :)

Kyogre35
3rd April 2011, 4:31 AM
Galvantula is nice, along with all the other Bug types.

BUT, my favorite is Chandelure...god damn he's awesome.

yeminied
3rd April 2011, 4:53 AM
I love Whimsicott. That thing is a beast and looks cool while doing it!

And then there's Emolga, my new favourite Pokémon. Through a combination of two of my favourite types, inspiration from one of the cutest animals to have ever walked the earth and being not too shabby battle-wise this little cutie is easily earns itself a space in this post.

Ronatick
3rd April 2011, 4:59 AM
reuncules is my favirote 5th gen. pokemon its phscic looks really cool and has good stats

Icing Sugar
3rd April 2011, 5:11 AM
Hmmm, hard to decide... First of all are Snivy, Sandile, Krookodile, Axew and Haxorus, simply because I just love reptiles, and dragons even more <3

I also like Excadrill because it looks pretty BA, and Volcarona because it's really awesome <3

And I also forgot... Minccino, Petilil, Cottonee, Solosis and Vanillite, I love them just because they're soo cute <3

Araleon
3rd April 2011, 5:19 AM
Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott!

I've loved them since Oshawott's silhouette was first revealed.

I also love Rufflet/Braivary, Druddigon, and Woobat/Swoobat.

Miss Alexis
3rd April 2011, 9:19 AM
mine has to be litwig <3

TotodileCharizard
3rd April 2011, 9:30 AM
Swanna, hands down. Ever since I first saw her in that one particular picture for Pokemon Musicals (where she has a trumpet or whatever), I absolutely fell in love with Swanna. From that point on, I made sure to include Swanna whenever I planned out my White team. I just love how it looks, so majestic and what not.

Another 5th gen Pokemon that's really grown on me is Lilligant. She's absolutely adorable, and she was my original planned grass type for my team but my Serperior took her place. ;-; I know Whimsicott is more popular, but for some reason I just prefer Lilligant. I also like her having Own Tempo and the capibility to learn Petal Dance.

Finally, the Sandile line has to have an honorable mention. They're so awesome.

Nebbio
3rd April 2011, 1:29 PM
Scraggy because of it's awesome animation.

cockatoo777
3rd April 2011, 1:43 PM
HAXORUS!!!!1!! He's waaay better than that old hydra :P
But overall power aside, I think Reshiram has the best design and petilil is the cutest imo

cockatoo777
3rd April 2011, 1:57 PM
I've got to go with Archeops. I also love how its the first fossil flier, plus it's the only fossil I've ever liked

Isn't Aerodactyl a fossil flier too?

Chariphlosion
3rd April 2011, 2:03 PM
I'm not sure, but maybe Haxorus, Genesect, Hydreigon, Reshiram, Tornadus, etc. I haven't completely decided. http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/back-normal/haxorus.png (http://pokemondb.net/sprites/haxorus)http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/back-normal/genesect-blue.png (http://pokemondb.net/sprites/genesect)http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/back-normal/hydreigon.png (http://pokemondb.net/sprites/hydreigon)http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/back-normal/reshiram.png (http://pokemondb.net/sprites/reshiram)http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/back-normal/tornadus.png (http://pokemondb.net/sprites/tornadus)

Cute
3rd April 2011, 2:03 PM
There's a lot that I like really. Mine has to be between, Swanna because she's just so elegant and her shiny sprite is amazing 8D. Reuniclus, because it reminds me of Deadmau5 xD and its my fave psychic. And Lilligant, she's a really pretty pokemon (:

Ringolevio
3rd April 2011, 3:42 PM
I'd have to say Maractus. I find it utterly ADORABLE. I used one for a spell in White and I fell in love with the little cactus. When I buy Black, I intend on using Maractus as my starter in lue of Snivy. :)

Ditto123
3rd April 2011, 4:22 PM
Top 5

5. Krookodile
4.Zebstrika
3. Excadrill
2. Galvantuala
and my favorite is.....SCRAFTY

EeveeTamer
3rd April 2011, 4:29 PM
Although I dont like spiders at all, and have a great fear of them. I would have to say that my favorites are Joltik and Gavantula. Joltik because he is the smallest and cutest pokemon although a spider and Gavantula because I like the design and it typing is so excellent.

Volcorana would come in third.Love Bugs and I love its typing as well. Fire/Bug is just so unique.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/069/4/5/joltik_by_willdrawforfood1-d3bc08t.png

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/galvantula.jpg

Grassette
3rd April 2011, 4:37 PM
This year has been a prime time for Bug and Grass. I have to say, I can't decide.
I love Volcarona and Larvesta, so fluffy!
I love Leavanny, so proper!
I love Whimsicott, so fluffy!
I love... I could spend forever saying all the bug and grass type of this Gen, but I think you get the point.

Princess Ratia
3rd April 2011, 5:01 PM
serperior. it's just so sleek and elegant of a design imo. love the majestic feel i get from it too. they don't call it the regal pokemon for nothin'. has to be my fav grass type of all time~

steph-ryu790
3rd April 2011, 5:44 PM
Ononokusu..he kicks ***

lucario44444444
3rd April 2011, 6:17 PM
my favorite is hydreigon its pretty odvius i LOVE HIM he is cooler than anything!!!!!!!!

rokakiss
3rd April 2011, 6:25 PM
My favourite pokemon are:
-Haxorus (and its pre-evos):It was the first pokemon i liked when gen 5 was released!
-Scrafty:I really like the design and the type!
-Leavanny:Its really cute and the type!
-Cinccino:I LOVE CHINCHILLAS.

StormNO
3rd April 2011, 6:26 PM
Volcarona, the strongest non legand in the game.

D-World
3rd April 2011, 6:27 PM
To be honest, it has to be Durant for me, he looks bad*ss, has great typing, good stats, and Thunder Wave!

Miloe
3rd April 2011, 6:29 PM
Scrafty. I don't even know...

soda531
3rd April 2011, 7:21 PM
Braviary. Hes the first flying pokemon that can both take a hit and take people out. In my expirience, which could be different from others, he the first flying/normal bird pokemon i dont worry about sending out

Wadeledge
3rd April 2011, 7:32 PM
My six Fav's are what I used and are in my sig. But I think of all of them my favorite is Golurk, I love the whole "I'm a robot" design!

Tyranitarquake
3rd April 2011, 7:45 PM
My favorites have to be a draw between Hydreigon and Krookodile because their designs are EPIC!

Pika_Pepsi
3rd April 2011, 8:36 PM
My favorite Pokemon has to be Dragonite because they may have the ability Inner Focus so they cannot flinch and they can take a punch from another Dragon type. ;149;

bippacooleth
3rd April 2011, 8:39 PM
My favorite Pokemon has to be Dragonite because they may have the ability Inner Focus so they cannot flinch and they can take a punch from another Dragon type. ;149;

Waitttt..... Dragonite is a 5th gen pokemon? And all this time I thought it was 3rd gen!

poke-lord
3rd April 2011, 8:43 PM
Waitttt..... Dragonite is a 5th gen pokemon? And all this time I thought it was 3rd gen!

Really? I always thought that it was 1st Gen.

Ememew
3rd April 2011, 8:47 PM
Non-legendary: Serperior, Zebstrika, Volcarona, and Litwick. They look awesome and some of their Dex descriptions (especially Litwick's) just add to the coolness.

Legendary: Victini, followed by a tie between Reshiram and Zekrom. Again, mostly the design but the story behind them is pretty neat too.

EDIT: hmm, just noticed this, but a lot of my favorites tend to be Fire-types, Ninetales in 1st gen and Entei in 2nd are also Fires . . .

bippacooleth
3rd April 2011, 8:50 PM
Really? I always thought that it was 1st Gen.

Damnn, people didn't get it :P it was risky :3 it was an attempt at a joke, I'm just not funny.

Aquaventus57
3rd April 2011, 9:09 PM
Serperior. I like it since the design leaked. Second place for galvantula, cryogonal, scolipede, hydreigon, cobalion and reshiram.

Lis4Real25
3rd April 2011, 9:33 PM
Samurott because I used all the way through the game until I could use the poke transfer.

FatalOmega
3rd April 2011, 9:53 PM
After giving plenty of Pokes a chance I found Archeops is just about my favorite.

@bippacooleth: I found myself chuckling ; )

Riska
3rd April 2011, 11:08 PM
Got to go with Accelgor http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/normal/accelgor.png both for his usefulness as a scout-spiker, his awesome speed and his design. And for being partly responsible for making bug-types cool, along with some other funky gen-v bugs.

Eldin
3rd April 2011, 11:11 PM
Mine is definitely Accelgor as well. Generation V introduced so many phenomenal Bug Pokemon, and Accelgor takes the cake for best! I mean, a ninja-bug? Doesn't get much more creative than that.

Chaos Rush
3rd April 2011, 11:15 PM
Eh, I forgot the name and I'm too lazy to look it up, but that one blue golem-like statue Pokemon that you find it's pre-evo in Dragonspiral Tower is definitely my favorite. Not only does it look cool, but IT CAN LEARN FLY despite clearly looking like it shouldn't.

EDIT: Golurk!

Brisden
3rd April 2011, 11:18 PM
Deino for me, just looks so cool

Skevengal
3rd April 2011, 11:28 PM
My favorite would have to be Scolepide, cause when I saw the whirlipede with the third gym leader I was like OMG that HAS to evolve to something pretty EPIC...and it did. :D

Ghostfoot
4th April 2011, 12:59 PM
I think it's a tie between Chandelure and Zebstrika D:
I CAN'T decide don't make me ;__;

Well Chandelure is an awesome purple ghost with a stitched mouth. And Zebstrika is rough and wild like white lighting. Plus it's a horse-like Pokemon so it appeals to me.

Mienshao, Scolipede and Zorua/Zoroark fall close behind though X3

Jolteon91
4th April 2011, 1:02 PM
Archeops, from the moment I first saw it I was in love with the design.

RedMage23
4th April 2011, 1:32 PM
Zoroark, because of Illusion, (ironically) how it looks, Night Daze, and the fact that it can learn Flamethrower.

LokiTheGengar
4th April 2011, 3:03 PM
Victini. I put the little guy on my team to be a placeholder for Chandelure, but that thing is a freaking beast, he can tank hits and dish 'em out. If only he got a good psychic move before the E4.

YourFavoriteUser
4th April 2011, 4:31 PM
Darumaka. It's cute and powerful. Adorable and Vicious. Loveble and strong. Like a rabbid cat.

swedefish
4th April 2011, 4:44 PM
For me it's this underrated beast:

http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/normal/ferrothorn.png
Ok, Ferrothorn is not the best looking pokemon ever, but amazing typing, great ability and just an overall cool pokemon that you don't see on every team. I have been dreaming about a grass/steel type for years so it's nice to finally have it. Now, if they could only make a grass/fire pokemon, my ultimate grass team might finally see the light of day :)

Haxorusfan
4th April 2011, 4:47 PM
Haxorus. He is a dragon first of all and his shiny looks awesome!!!! He has insane attack and a great move pool. My favorite pokemon ever!!!!

RedMage23
4th April 2011, 4:53 PM
Ferrothorn is not even close to underrated, at least in my circle. Most people are hailing it as the new Forretress.

swedefish
4th April 2011, 4:59 PM
Ferrothorn is not even close to underrated, at least in my circle. Most people are hailing it as the new Forretress.

Lol, I don't have a pokemon circle, but just browsing random boards online (such as this one), it seems very few appreciate Ferrothorn. I am a grass trainer so I think Ferro is absolutely amazing. Overall, I am very pleased with the grass lineup in gen 5.

BJPalmer85
4th April 2011, 5:15 PM
Darumaka. It's cute and powerful. Adorable and Vicious. Loveble and strong. Like a rabbid cat.
I LOL'd at this.

seriously though rabbid cats arent fun to mess with

B

BJPalmer85
4th April 2011, 5:19 PM
Haxorus. He is a dragon first of all and his shiny looks awesome!!!! He has insane attack and a great move pool. My favorite pokemon ever!!!!
i agree with this and take back my entry of Krookodile. He is a beast. I still prefer Garchomp over him but not by much

B

Canto
4th April 2011, 5:32 PM
^*cough*doublepost*cough*

My favorite 5th gen Pokémon besides Emboar (Which I won't count, cause it's a starter.) would probably be Braviary. I mean, how could you NOT love Braviary?

BJPalmer85
4th April 2011, 5:34 PM
^*cough*doublepost*cough*

My favorite 5th gen Pokémon besides Emboar (Which I won't count, cause it's a starter.) would probably be Braviary. I mean, how could you NOT love Braviary?
^cough*read again*cough

B

Requi3m
4th April 2011, 5:42 PM
It's a toss-off between Victini, Hydreigon, or Haxorus.

They're all a part of my fun team but;

Victini is just a beast. Awesome moveset/perfect base stats. This thing is a force to be reckoned with.

Hydreigon because he looks bad ***.

Haxorus because he has a deadly combination of High attack and speed.

pickgoldies
4th April 2011, 5:55 PM
Scolipede because it's the first bug and/or poison type I've ever had interest in, and it's amazing! It's extremely fast and has god strength and I love its moves. I've kept the same moves on mine since about it's early 30s. It's just flawless to me.

Final
4th April 2011, 5:58 PM
Hard to say but I like these more-so than the others:

Hydreigon (always wanted a Dragon that had a hydra-based look and it is just beastly. Powerful, reasonably fast and great type coverage).
Galvantula (91% Accurate Thunders are awesome and its movepool has stuff some other Electrics would kill to have. Bug Buzz for killing Grass Types, Energy Ball for Ground types).
Haxorus (1 Dragon Dance and it just wrecks practically everything. Even if it does lack a solid Physical Fire move).
Reshiram (Dragon + Fire is a beastly STAB combination which makes up for its shallow movepool by Uber standards and it has the look and power of a Legendary).
Victini (the movepool of this thing is mad and its base stats allow for plenty of versatility).
Thundurus (cool with Nasty Plot, Grass Knot and all that but it'll never replace Zapdos for me. Still it's pretty cool).
Terrakion (Swords Dance, STAB on an Attacking combination that gets great type coverage and very nicely placed stats for an offensive Pokemon. Great Attack, it's moderately fast and its reasonably bulky although Defensively it has a fair few common weaknesses but I think it's something that doesn't stop it from being a beast).

5th gen introduced some really nice Pokemon.

wulpix
4th April 2011, 9:45 PM
This is a really hard question for me, there's so many pokemon that I love in this generation, and many more that I don't care for. But my absolute favorites are: Serperior, Chandelure, Scolipede, and I've really grown to love Zebstrika.

Serperior is hands-down the coolest evolution we've had from a starter, at least in my opinion. I love the colors, I love that it's a snake, I love the artwork. There's just so many things about this pokemon that I love. Now if only we had access to Contrary...

Chandelure, what isn't there to say about it? It is now one of my ultimate favorite ghost pokemon. The starter is cute, the typing is awesome. And it's a Chandelier...what isn't cool about that?

Scolipede is actually now my favorite bug pokemon, it's a freaking monster even if it is bug/poison. I love how it looks, it's cool-looking and the shiny has some interesting coloring. Besides, I couldn't resist this: :543:

I was originally going to get Galvantula for my electric pokemon, but by that time I had Zebstrika and Zebstrika is a /beast/. I found that I couldn't part with it, and it had found a cemented spot in my team. The moves it learns are interesting, it hits hard and is wicked fast, and I like the animation.

YourFavoriteUser
4th April 2011, 9:49 PM
I LOL'd at this.

seriously though rabbid cats arent fun to mess with

B

I wouldn't mess with a rabbid cat. That's a joke. But now I know I'm a comedic genius!

BattleFanatic14
4th April 2011, 9:52 PM
Trubbish and Garbodor! Every time I see one I laugh. Piles of trash have never made me feel so good.

Recovery 8
4th April 2011, 9:54 PM
Sandile....IT'S SO CUTE. Not to mention the final evolutions cry sounds like a guitar rift.

CaptainCombusken
4th April 2011, 9:55 PM
Scrafty probably. I just love the typing, the looks, the base, the attacks, the stats.

And awesome Pokemon.

Also, I really like the Musketeers particularly Virizion.

LordLati
4th April 2011, 10:06 PM
I happen to like Galvatula and Krookodile. I just wish the yellow spider had a better movepool...

It seems like a lot of pokemon this gen have small movepools it might just be only the pokemon I like however.

SilverLugiaJ
4th April 2011, 10:15 PM
I really like Zoroark and Emolga. I like Zoroark, because he's just a boss. I like Emolga, because IT'S SO DARN CUTE!

BJPalmer85
4th April 2011, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't mess with a rabbid cat. That's a joke. But now I know I'm a comedic genius!
i figured. seriously though little bastards are scary. i got in fight using a shovel with a rabbid opossum once. long story though (but funny :D)

B

ZoroarkFox
4th April 2011, 10:37 PM
ZOROARK!!!!!!
Best pure Dark type they've come up with so far. The one I have that started out as my event Zorua is now level 79. Just wish their defense and sp. def. weren't so low.........

WishIhadaManafi5
4th April 2011, 10:39 PM
I really like Zoroark and Emolga. I like Zoroark, because he's just a boss. I like Emolga, because IT'S SO DARN CUTE!

Me too :). I also like Krookodile and Sandile.

~Starlight~
4th April 2011, 10:46 PM
Zoroark. Just looks so awesome.

Bisharp77
4th April 2011, 10:48 PM
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/150/i/2011/064/1/0/bisharp_and_escavalier_by_flametalefox-d3b0nm2.png
It's all about them Bisharp and Escavalier.

Blackjack the Titan
4th April 2011, 10:48 PM
My favorite Pokémon:
Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Golurk
Jellicent (they better replace the Pringles guy)
Bisharp
Hydreigon
Volcarona
Tornadus

magentaman
5th April 2011, 1:36 AM
I happen to like Galvatula and Krookodile. I just wish the yellow spider had a better movepool...

It seems like a lot of pokemon this gen have small movepools it might just be only the pokemon I like however.

compoundeyes thunder, bug buzz and energy ball make a pretty good combo. not flawless but it's rarely failed me

Recovery 8
5th April 2011, 1:38 AM
Am I the only one who though the Awex Family was a great add to the dragon types?

Juka
5th April 2011, 1:57 AM
I gotta say Larvesta has me at the moment.
Just so cool how its a fire/ bug and it looks cute as.

WaterTrainer243
5th April 2011, 2:02 AM
For right now, my favorite 5th Generation pokemon is Throh. Despite the fact that it looks like a muppet, it's defense and HP make it a great defensive wall. But that's not saying it's offense isn't impressive either. This tough guy has pulled me out of quite a few jams in my White version.

Jefko
5th April 2011, 2:09 AM
i kinda like the hydrolien (dragon/dark) pokemon.....or what is it named again...
seems for me to be kind of good

theinsaneaardvark
5th April 2011, 2:42 AM
I'm completely torn between Hydreigon, Braviary and Haxorus

SaturnCoffee
6th April 2011, 1:09 PM
Archeops, because it destroyed over half of the gyms and the Elite Four.

RedJirachi
6th April 2011, 2:12 PM
Jellicent is my favourite.Male Jellicent techincally.They've got an awesome moustache,unique typing,and the Water Absorb ability comes in handy

envoyoffreedom89
7th April 2011, 1:50 AM
Darmanitan's a wrecking ball of awesomeness 105 HP 140 Attk 55 Def 30 SpAt (or Zen Mode for Mixanitan) 55 SpDef 95 Spd. Hammer Arm, Curse, Gyro Ball, Toxic (for annoyance)
Then there's Victini who's got Telekenisis and Inferno.... 120 based STAB'd and burn.... boss. Those 2 are my favorites... sucks that I don't put them in the same team cause they both have the same weaknesses. Yeah those are my 2 favorites from 5th gen

Angeltripper
7th April 2011, 1:59 AM
i like litwick cause of its dance and it evolves into the powerful chandelure. but my fav shiny is haxorus

yellowproman
7th April 2011, 2:32 AM
bouffalant we share the fro

yellowproman
7th April 2011, 2:33 AM
:626:bouffalant we share the fro http://serebiiforums.com/images/smilies/626.png

Sprintking
7th April 2011, 1:22 PM
This was a surprisingly hard decision. I'm going to go with Emboar, although Haxorus and Carracosta are not far behind.

bns1991
7th April 2011, 6:09 PM
I like Bisharp. He has replaced weavile as my favorite dark pokemon. I like Hydregion better than Haxorus. I like its stats better

Genesect
7th April 2011, 6:53 PM
genesect, because he's the first genetically modified pokemon. (and he has a cannon on his back :p)

Brianocerous
8th April 2011, 3:13 AM
Gotta be Seismitoid.........its gross.

ShadowTriad
8th April 2011, 4:09 AM
Litwick is my favorite, for the following reasons:

1) It's a combination of my two favorite types.
2) It can learn a Burn/Hex combo
3) Its final form has wicked stats
4) One of the first ones I hatched was unintentionally shiny. Not to mention, it's an awesome shiny.

Weavile22
8th April 2011, 4:18 AM
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/635.gif the Hydreigon http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/635.gif

Xavier01
8th April 2011, 4:36 AM
so far. i really like Serperior. though not that flexible when it comes to moves. but its stats are so great!

Koula
8th April 2011, 6:47 AM
I'm a sucker for big bad bug types, so Scolipede has my vote. :D

happisquare
8th April 2011, 7:12 AM
Accelgor! :) His artwork is amazing and not to bad in competitive play too

zathor
8th April 2011, 2:21 PM
bisharp is my favorite pokemon of 5th gen. i really like dark type pokemon and it's sprite is awsome

yuzke
8th April 2011, 5:51 PM
Bisharp is my favorite one of 5th gen, unique typing and it looks like a power ranger LOL

Pucca_ness
8th April 2011, 7:20 PM
Chandelure is my favourite with Carracosta, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Zekrom and Zoroark close behind... Yes I like a lot.

However Chandelure is the only pokemon I had no problem with deciding it would go into my team. Since the moment I saw it I knew there was no way it was going to be excluded. The main reason is that I LOVE it's design. It reminds me of Tim Burton's style and a favourite colour combo of mines is purple and black. I'm wearing a purple and black stripey t-shirt right as I type this.

It's type combo is really cool, I like both fire and ghost types and the Will-o-wisp + Hex combo is really useful. The amount of times it's flame body has sped that process up is also really funny. xD Great stats as well.

As much as I adore Chandelure I HATE its shiny form. I really do not see where the massive obsession with its shiny has come from. It just loooks like a normal lantern/chandelier/pumpkin. I prefer the more mystical, sinister purple, it makes it more unusual, also imagine having purple fire in your light fixtures. Pretty sweet.

My favourite shiny of 5th gen is however another overrated one :P Haxorus. Black shinies are my favourite kind, before purple and black my favourite colour combo is Red and Black so Haxorus fits the bill perfectally.

Arcanine724
8th April 2011, 8:06 PM
Galvantula!!! he is just too cool, I got a lv.47 one now!!! also like Haxorus, Emboar (didn't choose it!!), Gigalith and Braviary!!

Duality Ninja
8th April 2011, 8:19 PM
I have three. They kinda tied for total pokebro-ness. Haxorus, Chandelure and Bouffalant. I caught a Litwick just before Skyla, and it kind of powered through the elite 4. I caught an Axew as soon as I could because I loved the little guy, he reminded me so much of Larvitar... But again, a few dragon dances and I swept through MOST of Ghetsis team. His las pokemon was his Hydreigon. This is why Bouffalant is bro. He afro break'd the crap out of that Hydreigon, and it went crit once. 2 hit KO. These three now never leave my team. Ever.

deoxysdude94
8th April 2011, 8:20 PM
My favorite is Eelektross. I love the electric-levitate combo, as well as it's movepool!

AwesomeSauce117
8th April 2011, 8:21 PM
Joltik and Galvantula are both awesome Pokémon to me. I think that's because I was always fascinated by tarantulas when younger.

Conkledurr has come to grow on me as well. Very cool Pokémon that I plan to have on my 3rd playthrough. :D

Nymphaea
8th April 2011, 8:25 PM
Being the Quirky Bug Girl, I love all the bugs ;)

Hard to pick a favourite one though. Joltik is super cute, I'm thinking of making a plushy. Escavalier and and Crustle are great defensive little things, and if it wasn't for Volcarona I'd probably be having troubles post-E4.

Outside the bugs, Reuniclus has such a great design, and has tempted me to try a trick room team. Chandelure is another one, good design, and very usable.

Umbreon's Girl
8th April 2011, 8:30 PM
Scolipede! She may have a low HP stat, but she has been with me since I found her in Pinwheel forest. I liked Scolipede as soon as it was revealed and she really is a great addition to my team. Sawsbuck is pretty awesome too but Scolipede really is the star of my team.

Umbreon's Girl
8th April 2011, 8:46 PM
Sandile....IT'S SO CUTE. Not to mention the final evolutions cry sounds like a guitar rift.

I agree with this too. I taught the final evolution Crunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Outrage and he is a beast. Such a rock star!

Can you tell, I really liked the team I selected? I have never picked out my Pokemon team before I actually got the game, but with White nearly every Pokemon I picked before I got the game ended up on my team and they really worked well together.

:545: :503: :586: :553: ;475; :628:

VanilluxeSundae
8th April 2011, 10:57 PM
Vanilluxe. :P Whoever thought of the idea for an ice cream Pokemon was a geniuuusss!

I'm also a big fan of Braviary, one of the coolest birds they've put in.

IceFox42
8th April 2011, 11:33 PM
The Oshawott evolution chain. They all look awesome, as well as Samurott being very powerful.

RedJirachi
9th April 2011, 2:58 AM
Water
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/593.gif
Reasons-It's moustache,unique typing and pleasent design

Grass
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/556.gif
Reasons-May not be the strongest Pokemon,but it has a charming smile and looks kind

Fire
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/555.gif
Reasons-It's cheeky grin,and it's unique ability

Normal
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/626.gif
Reasons-It's an Afro Bull.And it's got decent stats

Bug
Can't decide.There are too many great bugs

Electric
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/604.gif and http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/587.gif
Reasons-It's a tie.I love Eelektross due to its ability and it's cool design,but I equally adore Emolga for being so cute yet unique

Fighting
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/539.gif
Reasons-Personal experience.I've used this Pokemon as part of my team,and even early on it came in handy

Poison
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/569.gif
Reasons-It's creepy and disturbing.Usually,this would be a bad thing,but for a living pile of garbage,it's useful

Ground
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/552.gif
Reasons-This is a rare case of liking the pre-evo more than the final evo.Though Krookodile is a Pokemon I like a lot,Krokorok has that cooler feel to it.

Psychic
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/606.gif
Reasons-It's an alien with a coat.I'm quite the fan of extraterrestials

Rock
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/526.gif
Reasons-Its unique look-a pressurised rock

Ice
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/584.gif or http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/615.gif
Reasons-It's a tie.One because it's ice cream,another because of it's power level

Dragon
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/635.gif
Reasons-It is pure,unadulterated awesomeness

Ghost
Jellicent,as seen above.Of course,I love all the new ghost types

Dark and Steel
http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/625.gif
Reasons-It's sleek,elegant and dangerous

*IZ*
9th April 2011, 5:31 AM
At first it was Archeops but with its crappy ability it pissed me off and kept dieng. But than theres Braviary and he's a beast and Serperiors design is sexy. So i have 3 favorite 3 favorites this generation.

Cutty
9th April 2011, 6:45 AM
Mmm, I like them for their shiny forms more.
Some are: Emboar, Chandelure, Braviary, Desukan,Swoobat and so on.
And yes, I caught all their shinies in the wild.^^

The PokeKnight
9th April 2011, 7:22 AM
For standard pokemon I really like Emboar (Epic Fire Pig!) Escavalier and Galvantula.
Emboar because again, epic fire pig is epic, Galvantula because it looks all fuzzy and likable unlike a real tarantula, and Escavalier because it is a snail knight, the first and only truly knight-like pokemon with a nice attack and defense.
For the legendaries I like Reshiram, it looks very elegant and powerful befitting of a dragon type of its caliber, and Keldeo because it just looks funny while remaining a viable threat in battle.

GottaLoveHaxorus
9th April 2011, 8:19 AM
My favorite pokemon of this gen., has to be Haxorus. He's got the attact, it's not too terribly overpowered... I don't think he's the most legit thing but fun and easy to use in my game. He's got a great move pool, and just over all looks cool. Haven't read the 12th page or so... I'm not sure if we're still on topic...

Pengupuff
9th April 2011, 10:50 AM
For me, it's Musharna.
Fetus jokes aside, the design really appeals to me for some reason, and it didn't hurt that I got my hands on a shiny one. ^_^
He's an awesome Trick Room lead.

Assassin9399
9th April 2011, 10:59 AM
I'll go for Bisharp, he got a great design and also he has an unique typing with an good In-game ability (defiant, in competitive nobody lowers your stats). He's just awesome and an steel type <3

NinjaJesus
9th April 2011, 11:49 AM
Braviary. It was the only pokemon i didnt hate when they released the 5th gen, although ive grown to like most of them now like excadrill and sigilyph (both in my team ;)). There are still pokemon i hate, like timburr and his evolutions. What's up with Gurdurr's nose?!?!?!?! :533:. I also hate the kling evolution

Ausgirl
9th April 2011, 12:04 PM
Sumurott
Haxorus
Hydreigon
Chandelure
Volcarona
Sigilyph
Gothitelle
Liepard (yes I know it's not great)
Lilligant
Zoroark
Reshiram

TheEpicGoomba
9th April 2011, 12:18 PM
Scraggy/Scrafty,Darumaka or Sandile

Storm07
9th April 2011, 2:09 PM
Eelektross / Haxorus / Hydreigon / Krookodile

machine gun
9th April 2011, 3:06 PM
mine is Zoroark , cool design , decent stats and good movepool
plus its allows me to mess with people on wifi :D

Leaf_Umbreon
9th April 2011, 3:11 PM
mine is the pansear because he is adorable

Rocketeer
9th April 2011, 3:26 PM
I don't really have a fave yet, it might be Heatmor or Escavalier.

UltraGrassBall
9th April 2011, 5:27 PM
Snivy because hes the grass starter

Mewtwo owns you
9th April 2011, 7:02 PM
Its a toss up between zoroark and volcarona. Zoroark looks awesome, hits hard and fast and has an awsome ability that can even fool npcs. Volcarona also hits hard and fast,looks awesome, has very good typing and has its own out of battle sprite.

Elision
9th April 2011, 8:26 PM
I love Braviary and Emolga but if Ihad to pick a fav it would be Emolga.
It's just the most adorable thing in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Shinyriolu21
9th April 2011, 9:22 PM
Kyurem, He looks kickass!!! But, then again so does Bisharp...

shady56
9th April 2011, 9:26 PM
i couldnt really choose there all so awesome :3
if i had to say though maybe galvantula because its fast its a electric and a bug and he covers alot for me

Rupert
9th April 2011, 10:13 PM
Galvantula, hands down. Bug/Electric (two great types) and it's a freaking spider! I keep hoping for a bug/water type though (one that doesn't loose it's typing when it evolves)...maybe next gen.

aquasuicune
9th April 2011, 10:22 PM
I've gotta say, I love chandelure. The concept is great, and they pulled it off without being cheesy. It also helps that chandelure is beastly in battles.

Lorde
9th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Zorua is my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon. I remember falling in love with in after watching movie 13 and I've liked it ever since. It looks adorable and I love how tricky it can be. I also like Oshawott and Pidove but Zorua has the most appeal in my opinion.

Recovery 8
9th April 2011, 10:35 PM
I love Krookodile, Braviery, and I like Kyurem.

Krookodile: I just love the design and the previous evolved forms. It reminds me of Gurran Lagann a bit.

Braviery: AMARICA, AMARICA, F**K YEAH!

Kyurem: He's cool; I mean he is just a big softy under that appearance I know it. His stats are good and Ice/Dragon is a great Combo.

BLABO
9th April 2011, 10:41 PM
My fav is summer sawsbuck cause its cool like stantler, but its grass type so its even better right?
(i was lucky enough to get a shiny one in a negotiation trade)

TheTruth
9th April 2011, 11:53 PM
Definitely Carracosta, Reuniclus, and Braviary.