PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Musical Discussion Thread

Orton155
2nd April 2011, 1:31 PM
I noticed there wasn't a thread to discuss the pokemon musical which is a feature which was controversially used to replace Pokemon contests.

Now, I personally enjoy the pokemon musicals but only as a break from the main game because in my opinion there isn't a quest like pokemon contests. In pokemon contests you had to get that elusive master ribbon and become a top coordinator but in pokemon musicals the only quest that exists is to collect all the props available.

I think I prefer contests but that doesn't mean I enjoy the musicals any less, I just think there is a lack of a proper quest compared to contests.

We can use this thread to do numerous things:
- Discuss musicals in general (What you like, don't like, what you think could make it better)
- Strategies to 'win' a pokemon musical
- Your favourite musical or prop
- Basically anything Pokemon musical related

So now I throw this thread out to you guys, discuss to your heart's content.

capitalh
5th April 2011, 2:20 AM
For me it is totally pointless and a bore to say the least.

PinkPalkia
5th April 2011, 2:24 AM
Sometimes, when using a Prop, stars come out, especially if you time it right and I think it's likelier if the spotlight's just on your Poke. It only works with certain props, too, I think.

I'm just collecting props and sending weird Musical Photos to WiFi. That's all I have to say.

Trainer Frankie
5th April 2011, 2:29 AM
I haven't tryed it yet. I do miss the third gen contests though. :(

Lorde
5th April 2011, 2:30 AM
I used to think that Pokemon Musicals were boring but now that I know what to do, I love them! I like the music that plays while the Pokemon perform and I really enjoy putting props on my Pokemon. So far, I've entered with Simipour, Zoroark, Frillish, Liepard and Pansage and I enjoyed it. I wish we had more control of the Pokemon's movements, however. The lack of control is the only thing I dislike about Pokemon Musicals.

Grei
5th April 2011, 2:46 AM
I actually find it to be mildly entertaining, at least for a little while.

At least it's relatively easy. Contests took forever, Musicals are pretty simplistic to succeed at.

SmartD
5th April 2011, 2:55 PM
The Pokemon Musicals look cute. I had fun dressing up my Pokemon and watching them perform on stage. I also watch carefully at how the Pokemon use their props at certain moments.

Pbbpwns
5th April 2011, 2:59 PM
I haven't tried it yet. Been really busy soft resetting and REing pokemons for a shiny. Hopefully it will be as good as 3rd gen's one :)

Shiny Arcanine
5th April 2011, 6:54 PM
eh i miss contest.I like the ribbons you can get for the cool catagorey for my arcanine :P but my lilligant likes the contest alot.

Orton155
5th April 2011, 7:15 PM
Sometimes, when using a Prop, stars come out, especially if you time it right and I think it's likelier if the spotlight's just on your Poke. It only works with certain props, too, I think.

I'm just collecting props and sending weird Musical Photos to WiFi. That's all I have to say.

From what i've seen the only props that give out stars are the ones that stay in your hand for the entire appeal compared to the ones where you throw them into the crowd.

pickgoldies
5th April 2011, 7:47 PM
when I first arrived in Nimbasa City I did like three musicals* in a row because they were fun and took my mind off training. XD;;

I haven't touched it since, though, but mostly because I don't have many more props yet. I don't see why we can't have contests anymore, or anything close to how contests first were..

Vycksta
5th April 2011, 8:16 PM
I am stupidly addicted to the Musicals. When Bianca first dragged me in I was very much "Not sure if want" because I was never the biggest fan of the Contests. Then I took part in one after she left just for the Hell of it... and yeah, as said, I'm stupidly addicted to them. I mean, it's just a little animated sequence in which you appeal with props and win more props from your fanbase if you do well.

My Emolga, Lilynette, adores them. Well even if she don't she's the one I use all the time so...

Stardom's my favourite musical. I love the music in that, especially the final third of it.

Lorde
5th April 2011, 9:08 PM
Yeah, Pokemon Musicals are really addictive. I was there the other night and I entered just because I was bored. Well, I actually spent about an hour in there competitng, which is sort of embarrassing now that I think about it lol. I was trying to collect as many Musical props as I could so I was just really determined not to leave. I haven't been there in about 4 days but I figure that I'll return to get some more props. I believe that there are 100 props and I think I've personally gotten half of them so there are about 50 left for me to collect. Yay.

Rakurai
5th April 2011, 9:35 PM
I like the musicals more then contests, personally. Partly due to the lack of preparation required, and the fact that the AI can't sabotage your chances of winning with their appeals (Which happened far too often for my tastes in the third gen).

The only thing I don't really like is the fact that Pokemon that are quadrupeds, or lacking arms have little hope of winning due to their inability to appeal.

I mostly use my Serperior, Garchomp and Hydreigon for them (All of whom are female, somewhat appropriately).

Nymphaea
6th April 2011, 12:19 AM
I love the musical, it's cute and takes your mind off all the training. My main problem with it though is that once you notice the trick, you can get a perfect outfit every single time. It would be nice if there was more to it, as well, like earning prizes other than props. Oh well.

For those curious:
To always get picked out first, you should have an outfit that is 100% one type, except a single accent piece that is the type of the musical you are doing. So if you are doing "Stardom", equip a single Cool item(I use black wings usually) and then the rest should be all the same type(I usually use all cute)

As far as I have tested, this always works. Not 100% sure if timing changes your ranking with the others, but if it does, it isn't as significant as the outfit is.

Vycksta
6th April 2011, 12:53 AM
I believe that there are 100 props and I think I've personally gotten half of them so there are about 50 left for me to collect. Yay.That's right... well, I think it's something like 124 but I'm not certain. What I AM certain on though is the fact that there's one prop that you can only get on your birthday.

So that's another five months and four days to go for me.

Grei
6th April 2011, 1:58 AM
I like the musicals more then contests, personally. Partly due to the lack of preparation required, and the fact that the AI can't sabotage your chances of winning with their appeals (Which happened far too often for my tastes in the third gen).

The only thing I don't really like is the fact that Pokemon that are quadrupeds, or lacking arms have little hope of winning due to their inability to appeal.

I mostly use my Serperior, Garchomp and Hydreigon for them (All of whom are female, somewhat appropriately).

Actually, I think the others CAN sabotage your performance. I noticed there is a considerably less applause after your appeal is interrupted by another Pokemon's appeal.

Orton155
6th April 2011, 7:44 PM
Actually, I think the others CAN sabotage your performance. I noticed there is a considerably less applause after your appeal is interrupted by another Pokemon's appeal.

I've found this too, its like your appeal is halted when another one starts so maybe thats also part of the game.

Rakurai
6th April 2011, 8:58 PM
I've noticed absolutely no difference in how well I score at the end, regardless of how many times my opponents interrupt my appeal before I get any applause, so it doesn't really seem to mean anything.

I did all of the musicals until the manager said "It wouldn't be a stretch to say your Pokemon was the star of the show" for each one, thinking I might going to get something for it, but didn't.

TheTruth
6th April 2011, 10:54 PM
I absolutely hate the musical. I was never an enormous contest fan to begin with, but would try to get everything anyway. The musical is just boring and pointless in my opinion.

R_N
6th April 2011, 11:09 PM
I've noticed absolutely no difference in how well I score at the end, regardless of how many times my opponents interrupt my appeal before I get any applause, so it doesn't really seem to mean anything.

I did all of the musicals until the manager said "It wouldn't be a stretch to say your Pokemon was the star of the show" for each one, thinking I might going to get something for it, but didn't.

I think the only things you get out of him are two props at 25 & 50 musicals participated in

Is there some ... anything? that determines how many people like your performance and give you stuff? Because getting all the props is something I could feasibly do and I WANT THAT STAR ON MY CARD

PinkPalkia
6th April 2011, 11:14 PM
For some reason, I can't post a picture of my shiny Hydreigon winning to WiFi. :c I loved the picture with 3 Magikarps, though.

If you're a Prop collector don't forget the guy in Opelucid City!
Also, the more musicals you did, the more people will come. I think I got 5 or 6 now.

Orton155
6th April 2011, 11:17 PM
I think the only things you get out of him are two props at 25 & 50 musicals participated in

Is there some ... anything? that determines how many people like your performance and give you stuff? Because getting all the props is something I could feasibly do and I WANT THAT STAR ON MY CARD

The only thing that I find with fans are the more of that musical you do the more fans you eventually get, i think ive done stardom about 15 times now and im up to 6 fans but only four gave me a prop.

CaptainCombusken
6th April 2011, 11:18 PM
I just wish there was more of a challenge to it. Sure, it's fun to do, AND WE HAVE ACESSORIES THAT CHANGE TO (sort of) FIT THE POKEMON, but overall, it's boring. You don't win anything. There's nothing really to strive for.

You know what I'm LOVE for Grey? Raimon city's a busy city. It's got sports domes. Would it be too much of a stretch to you know, slip in a Pokeahtlon dome and a Contest hall as well? I love all three, especially the pokeahtlon (I have wasted hours of my life playing that beautiful thing). But the Musical needs prizes. Better prizes. other than that I live the format. It's jyst with no reward, not even a pointless Ribbon or Medal, I have no enthusiasm to paly it.

R_N
6th April 2011, 11:21 PM
It would be nice if you could win prizes other than props, yes. I mean, there appears to be no downside to not performing well, you will still get fans who will give you props regardless.

Vycksta
8th April 2011, 3:01 AM
The only thing that I find with fans are the more of that musical you do the more fans you eventually get, i think ive done stardom about 15 times now and im up to 6 fans but only four gave me a prop.There has been a couple of times for me where all six of my fanbase have given me a prop. There's no knack to it as I know for one of them Lilynette came in second thanks to some appeal hijacker.

Chaos Rush
8th April 2011, 3:12 AM
I just tried it for the first time.

I'm sorry, but what the **** did I just do? What a boring waste of time, everything was so corny... that's one place I'll never be visiting in the game again, ever.

EDIT: and for the record, I am not one of those people who misses contests, as I think D/P/Pt's Contests are also boring as hell.

R_N
8th April 2011, 3:37 AM
On paper it sounds interesting. You have at max 2 appeals to use in addition to your theme-appropriate attire to win the song; use your appeals wisely to get lots of audience applause and win!
But it doesn't matter at all because there really is no downside to "losing" or any real upside to "winning" and once you appeal you're done with the song.
I could see a change happening to Musicals in say Grey.

At least the music is cool.

AuraChannelerChris
8th April 2011, 5:56 AM
This place only makes it possible to humiliate cool-looking Pokemon with a bowtie. I have nightmares with a Lucario spinning on its spot, as in, SPINNING IN MIDAIR.

Serebii!
8th April 2011, 8:57 AM
Yesterday I did it with Solosis and you cant put anything on it, I had 3 props on its head and thats it, but I still went really well

Venomrec
8th April 2011, 9:04 AM
I think its boring but, i only played it once.

Zhanton
8th April 2011, 9:23 AM
Oh. My. Gosh. I ADORE the musicals! They are definitely the most adorable thing ever! My Petunia (Lilligant) is a big fan of them and wins pretty much every time in the two categories that are more 'feminine'. I like all of the categories, though, and the musicals themselves are pretty fun. I just wish that there was a better award than "here have some more accessories now go win some more musicals and get a trainer card star!"
And dressing up some Pokemon can be absolutely hilarious. Seriously.

pikadon92
8th April 2011, 9:24 AM
At first I hated the idea of replacing pokemon content, AND throwing waway my feebas just to evolve it D:

However, somethings I've gotten creative and have cracked up ideas of what assesories to give to my pokemon. Too bad I can't post it in Musical Wi-Fi though, there is an error that prevents me from doing so.

Bobmonkey07
8th April 2011, 10:20 AM
the musical would be so much more awesome if i could let my pokemon keep hold of the props when i send them into battle...

Hoennmaster1
8th April 2011, 3:47 PM
To say the least, I HATED the musicals.They're even worse than the DPPt Contests.

Please GF, bring back the Hoenn Contests!

RedMage23
8th April 2011, 8:32 PM
Please GF, bring back the Hoenn Contests!

What's the difference between Hoenn and Sinnoh contests? There really is none. Super Contests just have more to them.

Seriously, I can understand not liking musicals, but Contests and Super Contests are essentially the same thing.

Shneak
8th April 2011, 8:46 PM
I still haven't tried this. Thanks for reminding me, topic!

On the discussion of contests, I hated DPP's as well. But I enjoyed RSE's contests. I think it's because it was more competitive, and you could **** up the heart scores and steal them. DPP was just boring and generic appeals.

R_N
8th April 2011, 9:00 PM
What's the difference between Hoenn and Sinnoh contests? There really is none. Super Contests just have more to them.

Seriously, I can understand not liking musicals, but Contests and Super Contests are essentially the same thing.
The only real difference (barring the dance number & dress up) was that normal contests had more combo moves. Like, a lot of combo moves.
Super Contests only had a handful.

GoldenOza
8th April 2011, 9:15 PM
Dont know why, but these stupid things have me addicted! I enjoy the intense pleasure of getting people who appear and give props.
Hate the fact that there are no real prizes, and the clear disadvantage to pokemon lacking ceratain body parts.

Atome
8th April 2011, 9:55 PM
I miss the contests. I am one of those people who love doing everything in a game, battling/contests/PokeAthelon/breeding. Everything. But this musical stuff....is a wast of my time. I can't even be creative with the props, they go in only one spot when you try and put them on. I don't like it, and want the contests back. 8c I want a Hoenn game for the DS, that was my favorite generation.

Lorde
8th April 2011, 10:04 PM
I liked Contests quite a bit, but I hated how long they could drag out sometimes. Musicals are pretty quick and you get cool prizes afterwards. Ribbons were nice but props are even better. I love the music that plays during Musicals but I almost wish we could customize it with our own music. You know, insert some of our favorite music so that it plays in the background. That would be a dream come true, although it'll never happen. Still, I like the current music so that's good enough.

Vycksta
9th April 2011, 1:05 AM
the musical would be so much more awesome if i could let my pokemon keep hold of the props when i send them into battle...Thanks for the amusing mental image of Lilynette using Fling and the tambourine then clonks the enemy on the head.

So I have since found out that there is SOME purpose to the Musicals (( Although I still love the stupidly addicting things anyway )); if you collect all the props you get another trainer star for your card. Saying that there's not many people that care about that anyway so...

BLABO
10th April 2011, 12:13 AM
i love contests in the show i want 2 b a coordinator
in game contests are dumb
musicals were fun the first 20 times...

Pseudo-Unlegendary
10th April 2011, 5:44 AM
I tried it once, I didn't really know what I was doing and I prefer contests and Pokeathlon.

abraxas
10th April 2011, 6:18 AM
I've never been one for contests, or the Pokeathlon, but there was just something, dare I say, magical about watching my Embor boggie across a stage with props reminiscent to that of ZZ Top. Despite the music in game, I couldn't help but hear "Sharp Dressed Man" playing in my head, and when he spun his guitar...*sigh*
That said, I really don't mind Musicals, but I won't be spending much time taking part in them.

Zhanton
10th April 2011, 6:25 AM
Thanks for the amusing mental image of Lilynette using Fling and the tambourine then clonks the enemy on the head.

Bahahaha! Alternatively, you could use fling with a frying pan, electric guitar, toy sword or trident... :]

AmusedMilk
10th April 2011, 8:12 PM
Eh, contests dragged on, stupid Poffins, gah. Musicals are much more enjoyable. I use my Minccino, Chillarmy.

Painkiller2001
10th April 2011, 8:44 PM
I never had any interest at all in contests or the Pokeathlon.
So I have no interest in doing the musicals. Ever.
I prefer to go the Ash route. Stick with Gym battles primarily.

Levant
11th April 2011, 8:41 AM
I like the Musicals but it lacks the depth and interaction the contests/pokeathlon had. Sure, they both had their issues as well but when you won at it atleast you got something interesting or useful. I agree if you could put some tunes from your Ipod on it would make it much more entertaining(if only to see Dwebble try to keep up to the beat of a Slayer song :D)

ChrisKoala
11th April 2011, 8:50 AM
I loved the Contests. My Lapras had twenty-two ribbons, and a bunch of them were from Contests.
I loved the Pokeathlon. It was a bunch of fun minigames to do when I was taking a break from EV training.
I hated the Musicals...until I caught Kyurem. Now I make it dress up and dance for my entertainment.

Onyx Umeki
11th April 2011, 9:51 AM
I wish they gave out ribbons on your pokemon or something, instead of giving you nothing =/

Even so, I find them cute but very boring.

Painkiller2001
11th April 2011, 7:34 PM
If you could actually upload your own songs to them, then maybe I'd be more tempted to try them.

That would make my day seeing my Pokemon try to keep up to a insanely fast Brutal/Technical Death metal song (i.e. Nile). And also, like Levant said, a fast Slayer song would be epic to see your Pokemon try to dance to!

Orton155
11th April 2011, 11:23 PM
If you could actually upload your own songs to them, then maybe I'd be more tempted to try them.

That would make my day seeing my Pokemon try to keep up to a insanely fast Brutal/Technical Death metal song (i.e. Nile). And also, like Levant said, a fast Slayer song would be epic to see your Pokemon try to dance to!

Even though it would be very nice to have my pokemon dancing to some real life musical numbers like 'food glorious food' it just wouldn't be able to be materialised. There would have to be a program to read the beat of every piece of music you put in so a dance could be performed.

MiMc
12th April 2011, 3:43 AM
*Sigh* I hate how nobody really knows how musicals work. Here's what I learned from experimentation:

1) Stardom is BY FAR the easiest musical to win. No idea why.
2)You need to win 5 musicals for the first prize he gives you, and the winners belt only takes 10 won musicals.
3) The Opelucid prop giver only gives 4 props, not 5. Many sources repeat 5, but thats incorrect.
4) You need to battle the guitarist on route 5 before you get the guitar. I got a nasty shock when I had to battle him xDD

Those are the most common misconceptions i've seen about the musicals, so I just wanted to get out there the truth. NOTE: I have Pokemon Black, so maybe it is how many musicals you do in white, I don't know. All I know is that this was tried on a legit pokemon black cartridge.

Vycksta
12th April 2011, 3:47 AM
Bahahaha! Alternatively, you could use fling with a frying pan, electric guitar, toy sword or trident... :]Super effective hits all around if one of those brained you!

Been doing crap just lately in the musicals. My appeals get the louder round of applause and nobody else interrupts me and I appeal at the right times... yet I keep getting third place. Grrrr.

cantab
12th April 2011, 4:06 AM
I've always thought of the Contests as girl-service, and the musicals are much the same. Only there seems to be even less point to them than the Contests, and it's certainly less well explained in-game. I did one musical and that was it.

Maybe once I've got a completed National Pokedex in White, competed in VGC, conquered the Battle Subway, conquered the 4th Gen Battle Frontier, conquered the 3rd Gen Battle Frontier, got all Master Rank in Hoenn Contests, and got all Master Rank in Sinnoh Contests (all apart from the first of which I have made no real progress on), then I might seriously try and get all the musical props. It's pretty much the lowest priority Pokemon thing for me.

TheHauntedOne
12th April 2011, 7:35 PM
I did one for the first time the other day and almost died of a cuteness-overdose. It totally made my giggle.

So in short, I LOVE the musicals. <3 they're quite pointless really, but just to see your pokemon dancing on the stage is just too freaking adorable.

cannibaleyes
13th April 2011, 4:20 AM
I've always thought of the Contests as girl-service, and the musicals are much the same. Only there seems to be even less point to them than the Contests, and it's certainly less well explained in-game. I did one musical and that was it.

Hey, not all of us girls are into contests/musical... I've always been more into training pokemon than anything else in the games.

As for my opinion on Pokemon Musical... I absolutely hate it.

I didn't do contests very much, but they were fun to play with every now and then. I liked that you could earn ribbons from it (which is something I really missed with pokathlon..). It made my pokemon feel even more customized and personal when they had ribbons. Plus, you could train them for contests, which added another element to the "training" aspect of pokemon, which (as I stated earlier) is what I'm into.

Pokathlon was a step down in my opinion, as you could no longer earn awards on your individual pokemon. At least you could get items from it, though.

At least with contests and pokathlon, you actually got something for it. What do we get from pokemon musical? ...More props for pokemon musical. Lame.

Seriously, I see no point in Pokemon Musical outside of amusing yourself with how ridiculous the poor pokemon look. And once you've done this once, there's really no point in repeating such humiliation.

Also, I've always thought it was weird to dress up animals. Just.. Whyyyyy? Poor things don't need to be dressed up. They aren't human. Leave the poor pokemon alone! XD

Of course, these are just my opinions.
/endrant

EDIT: After posting this, I decided to give it a second change just because. I'll admit that it is kind of entertaining, but I still don't see a point to it other than seeing how stupid/ridiculous I can make my pokemon look. XD
Meh, I still liked contests waaay better. More interactive and customizable.

PinkPalkia
13th April 2011, 4:23 AM
Oh yeah, since the PGL is out, we can get a new musical show, something about a Munna. Just have to click Customize, and when you get your Poke back you should get it. :3

KiwiDude
14th April 2011, 12:10 AM
The musical is okay I guess but compared to contests and the pokeathlon it feels like an afterthought, almost no interactivity... not a big fan.
Its a really odd choice by the developers to drop the pokeathlons in favor of poke-musicals.
plus the props looks awful and the music itself is mediocre at best and ridiculous at worst (check out the new Muuna musical XD)

Orton155
14th April 2011, 5:40 PM
I managed to get the winner's belt today yay, unfortunately I wasn't counting the number of musicals I won.

TotodileCharizard
14th April 2011, 11:13 PM
I'm a big fan of Pokemon Contests (not so much the Pokeathlon) so naturally I was pretty stoked to hear about Pokemon Musicals.

I'm pretty disappointed in the small amount of involvement you have in the actual musical after you dress up your Pokemon. I thought it was gonna work like the dance portion of Super Contests, just much more elaborate with the addition of props and what not. I miss Pokeblocks/Poffins too, that way you didn't have to solely rely on your collection of accessories/props. I was kinda hoping for a more competitive air to musicals too, maybe win a trophy or something. You don't even get a ribbon if you "win". D:

Either way, I'm still gonna participate in musicals from time to time and collect all the props. I won't practically live in the Musical Theater unlike how I did with Contest Halls though. >_<

Riarra
15th April 2011, 3:01 AM
I really enjoyed Musicals for some reason. I just loved trying on new props, stealing the spotlight when someone else was doing a somersault, and getting new props from my fans. Then it started getting repetitive.

Although, now I really want to try one with my shiny Machamp for some reason.

aquasuicune
16th April 2011, 2:42 AM
I was rather angry that there was no predictable way to influence the outcome, but then one of my fans gave me a shuriken. It's a bit better now that my Bisharp can throw sharp, pointy objects into those unpredictable jerks.

Lorde
16th April 2011, 2:45 AM
I managed to download the Munna Pokemon Musical thing from the Global Link site. I really liked the song that plays during that performance and I actually managed to do really well during that run, which is surprising since I'm terrible at the Pokemon Musicals. Anyway, I got tons of props from my fans once that was done. I wonder if there will be other promotional Dream World thingys. I liked the Munna one and I'm excited about any others that may come our way :)

Hardy Staraptor
16th April 2011, 4:56 AM
I just entered my Hydreigon in one...
it didnt work out
I loved the 3rd generation contests
the 4th generation contests dancing I stunk at
in the pokeathelon I was very good (except pennant capture)
as for the musical... scary pokemon look stupid dancing around XD

ZelOfLight
17th April 2011, 4:43 AM
Pokemon Contests were excruciatingly luck-based and never quite fair, in my opinion. Pokemon Musicals were better for people who couldn't do well in contests, it was an easier time and the music is quite fun. I still remember the countless times I failed at Super Contests. Hoenn Contests were not so bad. My only issue with Musicals is they could have given more of a prize to someone who collected all the props, like a ribbon. Not much quest in it, but it presents a less painstaking experience.

Derp
17th April 2011, 4:53 AM
I did not like the idea of the musicals until I found the Top Hat and Cain.

Now I find them just epic!

EthanZ
17th April 2011, 4:22 PM
Hey all, long time lurker, first time post.

I've completed gathering all 100 props for the Pokemon musical, and was pretty sure that the owner would be the one to upgrade my trainer card, but it did not happen. EDIT: it was because I still needed the Tiara, which you can only get by doing the musical with a friend!

Some thoughts on the musical:
1. There are specific sets of props that can only be won doing each genre of musical - i.e. you can't just do "Stardom" to get all 100 props, you actually have to participate in each one. (further example: after winning at Stardom for a while, people go from giving you 4-5 props per show to zero and then never give a prop for that genre again - you got them all!)

2. The props you choose being in genre (a sword for stardom for example) seems to add to your 'score', but in order to really do well, it seems that having one or two props from outside the genre actually adds to it. Also, using props, uninterrupted, during your solos or at the beginning/end (no solo) segments of the songs seems to generate the 'Large Applause', using props uninterrupted during a time in the music that is not your solo (or the start or the end) seems to generate 'Weak Applause' - I'm assuming that both of these actions generate bonus 'points' toward winning.

3. you are graded by the owner (and rewarded in props?) in tiers. After the show, he'll say:
a) your pokemon seemed to be trying to live up to your expectations (the worst)
b) your pokemon played its part (second worst)
c) your pokemon seemed really (cool, elegant) (medium)
d) your pokemon used the props just like it was an actor (good)
e) your pokemon was clearly the star of this show (great)

Without hacking the code, I have no idea how we'd figure out what points values the tiers represent, though, or even how points are specifically obtained.

I had a lot fun with the musical once I figured out what the mechanics were, and getting 5 props per performance after you've figured it out feels pretty rewarding (and can get you that extra trainer upgrade in no time!).

CaptainCombusken
17th April 2011, 4:40 PM
See here's the thing:

I was really good at 3rd gen Contests, and I really enjoyed them.
I was really good at 4th Gen Contests, and I really enjoyed them. I didn't always do the dancing brilliantly, but that was a minor part of it all.
I was, and still am, SUPER AMAZING at Pokeathlon, there's only a few things I haven't nailed, like Snow Throw, um.. Lamp Jump I occasionally have trouble with, but apart from that, I'm really good, I've got to the last room and all. I absolutely adore the Pokeahtlon.
I am rubbish at the Pokemon Musical, I dislike immensely the lack of things I need to do for it, It's boring and the only good things is that the accessories change rotation when placed on the Pokemon.

Gamefreak, you have disappointed me.

Geekachu
19th April 2011, 12:42 AM
The Gen 3 contests did my head in because there'd always be some annoying Wingull or Whismur who would startle you
I only liked the Gen 4 once when my Graveller used Selfdestruct or something and the crowd went wild and I got loads of points
But in Unova I love the contests, mainly because I can actually win at them. Although this stupid Whimsicott won over my Minccino when blatantly MY MINCCINO SHOULD'VE WON

raquiri
20th April 2011, 12:06 AM
The old contests were frustrating and all, but at least they were interesting. Since moves played a part there was a huge variety of things that could happen, and sure, there was a lot of luck, but there was also a lot of strategy. And definite rewards, the ability to participate in higher ranks once you got a ribbon for the lower ones. The musicals are just dumb. Big disappointment.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
20th April 2011, 12:46 AM
I was rather angry that there was no predictable way to influence the outcome, but then one of my fans gave me a shuriken. It's a bit better now that my Bisharp can throw sharp, pointy objects into those unpredictable jerks.

^like.

But yeah, musicals are pretty dim and don't seem as competitive as the other two, which is kind of the point.

Tamaneko
20th April 2011, 3:43 AM
I loved the pokemon contests D:

I think it's just me, but I find this amusing:
http://i53.*******.com/ouyx02.jpg

the smiley creeps me out...

Chartreux
20th April 2011, 4:27 AM
I love them.
That is all~

Oh, and I like, ttly despised Contests, especially in 4th gen...

TheLastPokemonTrainer
20th April 2011, 4:47 AM
I kinda like the musicals, but I also think they're kind of boring and repetitive. There's less to do than in the contests and pokeathalon. Like there's minimum strategy involved. With the contests you had to use pokeblocks and poffins to increase the stat and then also come up with a moveset that would work for the particular contest type. Then there was the strategy involved in the contest itself. Picking the right move at the right time, and in the IV gen, picking the right judge to appeal to. With pokeathalon there was the process of picking the right pokemon for the right competition. And those were much more hands on.
The musicals on the otherhand, have the minimal amount of strategy involved. You pick the right props, and then you choose to appeal with them at the right time during the performance. That's it. It just seems a little lackluster in my opinion.

IatosHaunted
20th April 2011, 4:54 AM
I absolutely hate the musicals. I never liked the dress-up minigames in gen 4, I don't like them now. And I was hoping for SOME amount of interactivity beyond that, but nope.

Baconator
20th April 2011, 6:26 PM
I loved contests, but I am not a fan of the musicals.

Lorde
20th April 2011, 10:36 PM
I just participated in some more Pokemon Musicals. The more I participate in these things, the more addicted I get to them lol. I still really dislike how we have little control of the Pokemon's actions while they're performing, but at least Pokemon Musicals are straightforward. Unlike Contests, you don't have to feed your Pokemon to get their stats up. I think that's the best thing about Pokemon Musicals; almost every Pokemon can join and win without too much effort.

Klinny
20th April 2011, 10:40 PM
I am disappointed that the Musicals aren't nearly as involved as the Pokemon Contests or the Pokeathalon. However, they are incredibly entertaining.. Oh look, I made my Arceus pink and put flowers in his hair! And now he's prancing around in a forest! ..Sigh.. XD

I'm also disappointed that winning is reliant on whether or not your Pokemon has arms. My Munna doesn't have a chance.. it's not fair.. XD

Orton155
20th April 2011, 11:02 PM
I am disappointed that the Musicals aren't nearly as involved as the Pokemon Contests or the Pokeathalon. However, they are incredibly entertaining.. Oh look, I made my Arceus pink and put flowers in his hair! And now he's prancing around in a forest! ..Sigh.. XD

I'm also disappointed that winning is reliant on whether or not your Pokemon has arms. My Munna doesn't have a chance.. it's not fair.. XD

I think if they were to improve that, I would like them to design some props that you are enabled to appeal with but can be used by the pokemon without hands/arms exclusively or with the other pokemon.

Pamizard
20th April 2011, 11:05 PM
I never tried Musicals at all yet. Is it worth doing it? I'm not a big fan of out of battle things for Pokemon. Never was good at contests xD.

WishIhadaManafi5
20th April 2011, 11:08 PM
I don't mind Pokemon Musicals, but I do miss contests that were more involving though.

Orton155
20th April 2011, 11:10 PM
I never tried Musicals at all yet. Is it worth doing it? I'm not a big fan of out of battle things for Pokemon. Never was good at contests xD.

It's definately worth trying because you never know if you will like it or not unless you try it. However, I see it as more of a distraction/diversion in the game instead of a side-quest like the contest or pokeathlon.

Kelz
26th April 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't mind Pokemon Musicals, but I do miss contests that were more involving though.

I do enjoy the musicals, but yes I have to agree. I do miss the contests & super contests. They're kinda fun, but the main reason behind why I do them is because I'm aiming for a Black trainer card, and to do that I need to collect all 100 props.

xKatie0391
26th April 2011, 10:40 PM
I love the musicals. They're really addictive; I just love dressing up my Pokemon, and unlike contests, musicals are something I actually win a lot.

I've almost got all the props; just need the witchy hat, smiley face and birthday cake

YourFavoriteUser
27th April 2011, 12:47 AM
It's a fun pastime when your bored with the game.

Blackjack the Titan
27th April 2011, 1:04 AM
This is a complete waste of time.

Zhanton
1st May 2011, 12:36 PM
Good Musical day today. I decided to do some musicals instead of battling Iris ^.^ Came first in many musicals, and I estimate that I got at least 25 new props today. I finally figured out how to get the Crown and Winner's Belt, too. Yay!

Chimecho3000
1st May 2011, 1:05 PM
I quite enjoyed the musical with my Liligant, although there was hardly any effort involved though. I got all the fan accessories very quickly, so now there's no point of doing it anymore.

Aquarelle
2nd May 2011, 4:34 AM
I think the Pokemon Musical is okay, but I don't like it nearly as much as contests. I liked how you had much more freedom with contests, being able to control your Pokemon during the dance portion and choosing which attacks to use during the acting competition. With the musicals though, you don't get to do all this. You just put on some props, then watch as the game does the whole dancing thing *for* you. Yeah, you can throw one of your props, but that's not much...

I really do like the dressing up part of the musicals, though. I always love to make my Pokemon look ridiculous. My favourite prop is the grass skirt one, which I seem to use nearly every time I've been in a musical. All my Pokemon just look so funny in it. xD

Even though the rest of the musical is disappointing, I still find it to be a decent way to pass the time when I don't have anything else to do. I just wish you could control your Pokemon more. :/

Geekachu
2nd May 2011, 2:51 PM
Got 80 of the props and now whenever I win I never seem to get any more, and that's in all the categories. Darn.

SilverSoulLugia
2nd May 2011, 4:36 PM
Personally, I'm trying to get the trainer card star - it's the only one I can actually get at the moment. (Terrible battler, and I've yet to experiment with EVs)
It's simple, cute and addictive, and there's nothing more fun than dressing up a Serperior (nicknamed Smugleaf) in the Top Hat, Cane, Monocle, Bow Tie and Rose. What a charmer! :P

Dawn+Serena Fan
3rd May 2011, 7:15 PM
they're boring and there is no 1st place winner

Nymphaea
3rd May 2011, 7:40 PM
they're boring and there is no 1st place winner

First place winner is the one the old man talks to last, and also the one who jumps in the photo.

Dawn+Serena Fan
3rd May 2011, 7:56 PM
First place winner is the one the old man talks to last, and also the one who jumps in the photo.

Oh I didnt know that lol. I've only done it like twice.

Klozo
16th May 2011, 6:52 PM
Just got all the accesories I needed for the trainer star, minus the one obtained by playing the multiplayer version. God, so much time wasted, and I've got my A-levels in two days... _._ Not worth the crappy appeal of the Musicals' overall, that's for sure.

Lorde
17th May 2011, 1:06 AM
I couldn't wait anymore, so I changed the birthday setting on my DS and I obtained the Birthday Cake prop. I really wanted that prop, and now I have it. Sure, I cheated, but who cares? I used it the other day as I was at the Pokemon Musical, performing on the Charming Munna stage. I managed to get a ton of props after my performance, so I guess I did all right. I still don't like how we don't get any ribbons for scoring well, but I do like the props.

Eternal Draconic
12th June 2011, 3:37 AM
I have say, 98 of the props. I don't even know...

Is that bad?

Sometimes this thing is extremely annoying. I dressed up my Emboar using pretty much all the elegant props I could, and I am pretty sure I failed. Serebii's page is no help.

SphealsFTW
12th June 2011, 3:50 AM
The musicals are pretty... boring. And I don't even make an effort to get any of the props @_@.

However, I do like participating in the musicals when I feel like seeing my newly-caught shiny Poke dancing around on stage :3.

rykerr1
12th June 2011, 4:52 AM
The musicals are cute, but they get boring after the first few times. They aren't as fun as the contests were.

Radlin
12th June 2011, 6:10 AM
The Pokemon Musical get's once you start to get all the items. They jusst stand ther to tell you "how great you were" now, which is useless. And I don't think that they get Ribbons for Musicals, unlike the Contests in Sinnoh. Contests have more things to do than Musicals. I was great in Musicals until I stopped using Victini.

Paradoxe
12th June 2011, 6:23 AM
The story behind the musicals is just plain bullspit, too.

Lorde
12th June 2011, 5:34 PM
I recently got the tiara prop since I did a Musical with someone else. I'm so glad that I borrowed someone else's DS, since I can now upgrade my Trainer Card. I just need to get the other props, but there are times when I win the Musical, yet still don't get new props :c

The story behind the musicals is just plain bullspit, too.

What exactly is the story?

SphealsFTW
12th June 2011, 7:34 PM
I recently got the tiara prop since I did a Musical with someone else. I'm so glad that I borrowed someone else's DS, since I can now upgrade my Trainer Card. I just need to get the other props, but there are times when I win the Musical, yet still don't get new props :c

What exactly is the story?
The musicals used to be for humans only... until a pokemon jumped on stage and started dancing! And everyone fell in love... and that's how the Poke Musicals came to be. @_@

Mister_SGG
12th June 2011, 7:37 PM
Musicals are bull****. Contests were better.

Meowth City
12th June 2011, 8:46 PM
I am currently doing the Musicals to get all the props for the next trainer card star. At the moment, I still have another 49 more props to go - I already got the Toy Cake (since it was my birthday last month) and the Tiara (used another DS and White to get it). I actually quite like the Musicals beacuse they easier than Contests (which I've never liked as I wasn't good at them), but the only problem is that it is repetitive but the cuteness factor kinda makes up for it (at least for me)

EDIT: I have ALL the props and another star on my trainer card. It's now red (my favourite color) :)

Lorde
12th June 2011, 9:18 PM
The musicals used to be for humans only... until a pokemon jumped on stage and started dancing! And everyone fell in love... and that's how the Poke Musicals came to be. @_@

I see. Well that makes a lot of sense. I really like that Pokemon are allowed to compete in Musicals, but I was wondering why people built an entire stage just for them. At least now I know that the stage was originally built for humans. I wish people would perform with the Pokemon. That would be cool, but maybe we'll get to see that later on in the anime or something. Anyway, Musicals are cool. A little limited, but cool. I remember when people complained about Contests being hard, but now some people are running to the other side. :rolleyes:

Zhanton
14th June 2011, 9:27 AM
I got all the props - yay! - and an upgraded trainer card. Now that I've beaten the Elite Four, at last, I can access more Pokemon and I definitely will keep competing in musicals because I love dressing up Pokemon in odd accessories xD

Kalosian
14th June 2011, 10:20 PM
I like the musicals, they were much better than I had expected them to be. I think they are a lot better than the 4th gen contests or the Pokeathlon, and just as good as the 3rd gen contests, even better in some aspects. The main reason I liked the musicals are because they do not take a long time to go through, unlike earlier minigames.

Asterveil
15th June 2011, 12:08 AM
I got all the props just to rank up my trainer card. :P They were fun... For the first few minutes.

Elision
10th July 2011, 10:44 PM
I love the musicals. I'm glad they replaced contests. Yey! I have every single prop.

Lorde
10th July 2011, 11:59 PM
I finally got my hands on all the Pokemon Musical props. It took me months to finally get this done, but at least now I can rest easy. My Trainer Card was updated since I had completed the criteria for that, and now I'll only be participating in Musicals when I'm bored, rather than everyday like I used to. Did anyone else struggle with collecting the props?

KuroiMawile
11th July 2011, 1:22 AM
Struggling; Seems the musicals I need to do are the "Cute" and "Elegant" ones. I'm thinking appealing to steal others spotlights isn't a reliable strategy. While I like the musicals for their simplicity, I can't stand to do a lot of them one-after-another.

Somehow Mah Skitty came in 2nd in Cute. and was the only one without arms.

Bro_Awesome
4th August 2011, 8:19 AM
Well, I think that Musicals are a bore and are a COMPLETE waste of your time.
You don't get much out of it, except maybe a star for your trainer card but I don't care for stupid stars to show my awesomeness. (No offense to people who work for the stars on the trainer card) I even get why they made Musicals. I wish I could AT LEAST do something other than just watch my Pokemon and tell them when to spin their item.

That's the only reason my friend didn't buy his Pokemon game.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th August 2011, 4:24 PM
I love them.

When I do a Pokemon musical, I only use Pokemon that have arms. That way I could appeal items that go on the arms.

I try to appeal late in the musical to up my chances at winning, and, usually...I win if I use that strategy.

TheBattleFrontierAsh1
4th August 2011, 4:32 PM
They were fun for a minute but then got really boring i wish they gave you more to do there.

Grei
4th August 2011, 7:49 PM
I finally got my hands on all the Pokemon Musical props. It took me months to finally get this done, but at least now I can rest easy. My Trainer Card was updated since I had completed the criteria for that, and now I'll only be participating in Musicals when I'm bored, rather than everyday like I used to. Did anyone else struggle with collecting the props?

It took you months?

I keep seeing people talk about how it took so long to get all of the props. When I got every single prop (barring the birthday one), it was a matter of days. Getting 100 props isn't that time-consuming when you're getting 5-6 props per show...

Meowth City
4th August 2011, 9:30 PM
It only took me around two days to get all the props. I got the Toy Cake on my real-life birthday then I decide to get the rest. I did a musical with my White game for the Tiara, then it was just a matter of doing every musical until I got them all including the last two that the Theatre Owner gives you.

Lorde
4th August 2011, 9:42 PM
Getting 100 props isn't that time-consuming when you're getting 5-6 props per show...

But that's just it; I wasn't getting 5-6 props per show. Half of the time, I wasn't getting any props at all, and I was winning several of those Musicals. It's also hard to focus solely on Musicals when you're working on your National Pokedex (which includes trading, transferring, breeding, etc.), and competing at the Battle Subway.

loveyfoof
5th August 2011, 8:44 AM
The musicals aren't that fun and it doesn't even last long.

sev2
5th August 2011, 8:50 PM
the musical is just annoying the first time is like O.o but then it just gets annoying trying to get all the props. it would be great with the new props combined with the old contests. plus making different kind of berry blokes/ puffins was some times neet

bobandbill
6th August 2011, 3:49 AM
I'll give the musicals one thing - they're actually entertaining if you're doing it with a bunch of friends and you're trying to outdo each other in terms of ridiculousness, such as having Registeel in a Hawaiian getup. XD

Otherwise... they're a poor man's Contest imo, given the lack of control or real events, and that there's not even much to gain from them beyond more clothing. =/

SmartD
13th August 2011, 5:33 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Winner's Belt?

Meowth City
13th August 2011, 6:00 PM
^ You have to get every other prop - ALL of them. Then talk to the Musical Theatre owner- the old man at the top of the stairs. He'll give it to you.

Kotone
13th August 2011, 7:19 PM
I still don't know what the musicals are for.

Meowth City
13th August 2011, 7:51 PM
^ For fun and for that trainer star. Mainly for the trainer star ;P

Ruby Blue
13th August 2011, 7:59 PM
I understand that Contests outstayed their welcome and they were replaced with the Pokéathlon, which was both really fun and worthwhile because of the rewards.

I just don't understand why they replaced it again, with something far worse? :/

Monster Guy
14th August 2011, 12:53 AM
I like the Pokeathalon the best. The minigames were fun, and the rewards were worthwhile.

Gen. III contests were...annoying, what with everything startling you and making you nervous, it was next to impossible to get a good appeal in.

Gen IV contests were so much better.

Musicals seem...pointless. :/

I question how a Musharna is able to dance when it's in a fetal position, and it's eyes are closed.

Genki97
6th October 2011, 2:08 AM
I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but what is a list of POkemon that have all the body parts for the most props to fit?

yeminied
6th October 2011, 3:02 AM
I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but what is a list of POkemon that have all the body parts for the most props to fit?

Most human shape Pokémon would be able to hold all props. For example, I used Mienshao to get all the Props.

Larry
6th October 2011, 3:13 AM
Ususally I'll try the things like contests, musicals and whatnot but I haven't stepped foot near the place for the musicals. It just doesn't interest me.

silverwolf922
6th October 2011, 3:38 AM
I love doing musicals. The first time I tried a musical, I just went d'awwwwwww when I seen Dewott dancing up on stage. I like it slot better than I like the contests.

Darkseeker
7th October 2011, 8:42 AM
Haven't given a try (doubt I will...) like they said before musicals are pointless at least i got some fun in contests..

Twentington
8th October 2011, 1:43 AM
I enjoyed the Pokeathlon much more than the Musicals, to say the least. There is no competitive element in the Musicals, which makes them mostly pointless. The Pokeathlon had worthwhile rewards if you worked hard. Contests weren't all that bad, even if the prizes were mostly worthless.

My overall opinion: Musicals are time-wasters.

Jonah the Slaking
8th October 2011, 1:49 AM
Musicals are bad before you start getting better props from the NPCs after a daily show. After that, you can get stuff like wings, crowns, velvet capes...I think that musicals are mostly for making Pokemon look like how you think their personality is. I dress my Hydreigon up in the outfit of a sinister villain in a suit (I give him Scarlet Cape, Top Hat, Cane, and some other things) just to get a laugh. It's good for shits and giggles.

Zhanton
9th October 2011, 7:38 AM
Now that I think about it, since so many of you for some reasonable absolutely can't stand the musicals, perhaps in future games, more prizes would entice you to complete the musical, such as some cool items (the Choice Items would make sense since they are sort of costumes, being glasses, a scarf and a band) and maybe some TMs. Then musicals can get the love they deserve :]

Grey Wind
9th October 2011, 8:47 PM
I don't know why it is, but dressing up a draconic dinosaur to watch it dance is enthralling.

Musicals are actually entertaining. I would have liked better prizes as zhanton said, and maybe some strategy needed to do well. Just randomly putting items on the Pokemon doesn't require a whole lot of skill.

Buchou
9th October 2011, 9:32 PM
I sometimes mess around with the musicals if I have absolutely nothing to do and extremely bored. I thought the idea was cute at first, and I somewhat enjoyed actually participating. Now I just try to get all the props. I find them pretty boring.

Paradoxe
9th October 2011, 9:45 PM
Once the man in Opelucid stops giving you props, does that mean you've gotten all of them?

Zhanton
10th October 2011, 9:13 AM
Once the man in Opelucid stops giving you props, does that mean you've gotten all of them?

I'm not too sure, but the way to know you have all of them is by talking to the Musical Theatre owner at the top of the stairs; if he gives you the Winners Belt, that means you've collected every other prop.

Grey Wind
10th October 2011, 3:54 PM
That guy only has four/five props to give you, so no.

Ballistic Buizel
11th October 2011, 2:23 AM
I did a couple musicals, but does doing it give you anything OTHER than props? And there is no clear winner.

SoMaPoKiTo
1st December 2011, 8:40 AM
The Pokemon Musicals were overall enjoyable for a side activity. My favorite musical would be Stardom mainly because of the music. The props and any fitting or awkward combinations of props are good for a smile or laugh. However, when the musicals come back (because obvious Pokemon Gray is obvious), I'd like to see an upgrade. Maybe the trainer can win something that can become useful in his/her quest. Maybe there will even be a judge who says "Remarkable!" at every chance he gets! I just like to see activities that offer a challenge.

empoleon49
2nd December 2011, 6:48 AM
I was hyped about Musicals, but they dissapointed me. No victory, and general pointlessness left it a fail for me..

Lance The Champ
4th December 2011, 8:24 PM
Pokemon Musical is a nice change introduced but I do miss pokemon contests too

foxyman1167
6th December 2011, 6:56 AM
Only reason I even go near this thing is to get the Trainer Card star.

iloveinfernape
6th December 2011, 7:32 AM
*yawn* I just find that the musicals are boring.

sAv1Or)
6th December 2011, 8:44 PM
I'm not really a big fan of all this Pokemon musical stuff. I get where theyre coming from making it more realistic in the sense that not everyone is a Pokemon triainer but I dont ever touch it.

JamnLycan
20th December 2011, 5:28 PM
Boring, i am just doing it for the star (it is the only one that i don't have)

Hammerite
26th December 2011, 9:28 PM
I finally managed to get all 100 musical props! (I did an infrared musical with my sister today.) I am very happy. :498: Now I have a gold trainer card. (I am unlikely ever to get the colour change for getting the Entralink powers.)

To answer the question posed by the thread, I quite like the musicals as a diversion, but I don't feel it has a lot to bring me back now that I have "completed" it in the sense of getting all the Props.

American--Pi
28th December 2011, 5:17 AM
I hate how everyone hates the Musical because it's pointless. But the reason why I LOVE the Musical is because it's pointless. :D

After all, what better way to kill time than to watch cute little Pokemon dance around and do cute little cartwheels to cute little music? <3

Aura Sensei™
28th December 2011, 6:11 PM
In my opinion,they are a waste of time and boring.

Schade
28th December 2011, 6:55 PM
Oh, I love it! It is a fun twist to the game
I dressed up the cutest Jellicent once, And I won.

Zoruagible
29th December 2011, 10:37 PM
My favorite prop so far is the football. How can you tell if you won, anyways?

Earthia100
30th December 2011, 8:59 PM
Musicals are so cute! But I just hate it how the Pokemon without arms have absolutely no chance of winning. I just love all of the little bows and flowers! I always dress up my little Audino as a chef! And my Simisage always wears the big orange with sunglasses! So cute.

Hammerite
2nd January 2012, 1:30 AM
My favorite prop so far is the football. How can you tell if you won, anyways?

If your pokemon is jumping up in the air in the photo, you won.

The Eleventh
4th January 2012, 5:57 PM
I've started doing the Musicals a lot lately. They're so boring, though. Seeing the generic Unova Pokémon jump around repeatedly is not fun. Oh well, it makes for a fairly easy Trainer Card upgrade.

battle171
5th January 2012, 2:06 PM
For sure, the musicals are easier than contests, but they are fairly disappointing in terms of victory conditions (or lack of), and game play.

foxyman1167
6th January 2012, 6:05 AM
Do you have to win to get any props? Or is it just participation that counts?

OshyHikari
6th January 2012, 7:02 AM
Most human shape Pokémon would be able to hold all props. For example, I used Mienshao to get all the Props.

And the Gothitelle line is another such Pokemon.

My star in Musicals is my Elgyem, I put lots of blue-colored props on her head, a black cape and I make her hold a standing mike and tennis racket.

My Elgyem is so good in Stardom.

I've got all the props except the tiara (my brother hasn't got White yet and I need to link up with another player to get that prop).

foxyman1167
7th January 2012, 12:36 AM
So if I participate and use the props that match the category, how do I know I won?

Indigoodra
7th January 2012, 3:52 AM
So if I participate and use the props that match the category, how do I know I won?

After the show, the director reads you comments, going from fourth place up to first.

Ziga
7th January 2012, 1:08 PM
How do I get more items to dress up my pokemon with?

Thor's Beard
7th January 2012, 7:03 PM
@Ziga, just finish first and then talk to the people next to the registration desk. You know if you have finished first if the theater owner talks to you last at the end. You will have to do this for each of the main four musicals until you don't get given any more items when speaking to them after victory.

I've just got all of the props in the last two hours to get the upgrade for the trainer star. It isn't too hard, just remember to play with a friend for the tiara and change the date/wait until your birthday for the birthday cake. You get these by talking to the owner at the top of the stairs by the portrait. Finally, you get the crown and the winners belt by talking to the owner after competing a certain number of times. I'm not sure exactly how many it was but if you have the others then you will have done it enough times.

Hihidarmanitan
9th January 2012, 10:40 PM
I played the Pokemon Musical to get a cute picture of my shiny Patrat.

Ropav
14th January 2012, 8:51 PM
I think the musical is fun sometimes but only when I am bored.

AmbipomMaster
14th January 2012, 8:58 PM
I think it's pretty funny that random people can come in and sign up to do a Musical.... too much trusting, imo...

ProudNerd
14th January 2012, 11:36 PM
I think they're alright. I guess I would like them more if I had props that looked better on the tougher-looking Pokemon. I mean really... a Blastoise wearing flowers? Come on! :P

5372 0129 7723
15th January 2012, 9:51 PM
does anyone want to exchange friend codes and do a pokemon musical together it gives a tiarra prop if u play with someone else btw my friend codes my user name also u need to know how to use pal pad

Ropav
17th January 2012, 6:58 AM
I think they're alright. I guess I would like them more if I had props that looked better on the tougher-looking Pokemon. I mean really... a Blastoise wearing flowers? Come on! :P

lol put a hat on him instead.

Blue Astra
20th January 2012, 9:00 PM
I prefer Musicals over contests, since I find them easier and I don’t get the feeling of failure. You just enjoy the show and the music, but don’t have to think too much ahead. The only strategy that I use is:

I think about the name of the musical and choose props that I think that correspond. When the musical starts, I see how the other Pok&#233;mon are clothed and when they use their props. When the evaluation time comes and I see which place I took, I compete again either with the same props, or use ideas from the other Pok&#233;mon that competed and see how that works. I prefer using bipedal Pok&#233;mon so that they can hold many props. And I compete many times in a row.

My favourite musical is A Sweet Soir&#233;e and my favourite theme is from Exciting Nimbasa.

I think they could make more musicals. They’re just so cool!

Owl
5th March 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm Curious to know if there will be any new DLC Musicals coming soon? I'd love to see a new one.

Kall El
4th June 2012, 5:59 PM
I really haven't played this too much which is embarassing considering I was huge co-ordinator back in 3rd/4th Gen.
I shall give it a try on my next play-through of the game ;]