PDA

View Full Version : Some custom sprites

Guissepi
4th April 2011, 9:10 PM
Some custome pokemon i've been working on. Some of my early sprites aren't very good. some of the later ones i thought were done well. In particular the lowest ones.
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z368/Joseph_Kingett/ThePokemonofTorquoise.jpg

CaptainCombusken
4th April 2011, 9:49 PM
Firstly; Either you have shrink the image which you should never do, or you've saved it as the wrong image format which you should never do. They should be PNG format.

Secondly, by "custom sprites" do you mean scrathc? Because splices aren't scratch. Those are splices.

If they are splices, you still need to work on them a little. I agree; the ones at the top are veyr Copy+Pasted, whilst the lower ones are considerably better. You deifnitely have some talent and I'm sure you'll be a veyr good spriter as long as you amke sure the images are PNG and don't shrink them.
If you're struggling, which I don't think you are but you could do with a little of help, check out the sprite tutorials.

sinful7
5th April 2011, 1:51 AM
Firstly; Either you have shrink the image which you should never do, or you've saved it as the wrong image format which you should never do. They should be PNG format.

Secondly, by "custom sprites" do you mean scrathc? Because splices aren't scratch. Those are splices.

If they are splices, you still need to work on them a little. I agree; the ones at the top are veyr Copy+Pasted, whilst the lower ones are considerably better. You deifnitely have some talent and I'm sure you'll be a veyr good spriter as long as you amke sure the images are PNG and don't shrink them.
If you're struggling, which I don't think you are but you could do with a little of help, check out the sprite tutorials.

Agreed with this completely

Guissepi
5th April 2011, 9:49 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I had saved my file as a 24-color bitmap. it was fine while i was editing them but when i uploaded them on photo-bucket it got real blury. i fixed the problem and put a pokemon in my signiture.\/\/

Guissepi
5th April 2011, 10:40 PM
I have gotten some of my better splices and reformatted them. I added a custom tombstone to Mausolearm.
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z368/Joseph_Kingett/NewPokemon.png

CaptainCombusken
5th April 2011, 11:30 PM
Much better! I really like the sprites, as I said. They are splices, glad we cleared that up too.

You have a very interesting style, i must say. If I wasn't a spriter/didn't know what Pokemon looked like really well then these would look like scratch sprites to me. That shows that you must be doing a lot right.

Great work.

In terms of crit, there are a couple of pslices there that for me don't seem to match up. The Bumbug line is bothering me a little. It doens't quite seem... natural. I don't really know why though.

Guissepi
5th April 2011, 11:36 PM
Much better! I really like the sprites, as I said. They are splices, glad we cleared that up too.

You have a very interesting style, i must say. If I wasn't a spriter/didn't know what Pokemon looked like really well then these would look like scratch sprites to me. That shows that you must be doing a lot right.

Great work.

In terms of crit, there are a couple of pslices there that for me don't seem to match up. The Bumbug line is bothering me a little. It doens't quite seem... natural. I don't really know why though.

I think i shmooshed the face on bumbug i little too much. and its eyes are oddly shaped

sinful7
6th April 2011, 5:36 AM
I have gotten some of my better splices and reformatted them. I added a custom tombstone to Mausolearm.
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z368/Joseph_Kingett/NewPokemon.png

Those are much much better and very good quality. but with butzle i would move the main/fur around the head maybe down a bit and see what it looks like. but good work!