PDA

View Full Version : How to connect via infrared?

mikau12
6th April 2011, 2:18 AM
Trading/battling through infrared seems like it would be much quicker than having to go to a Pokemon center and such, but I have no idea how to connect to other systems. Does anyone know how? I know, might seem like a stupid question, but I'm a *******, so...thanks...

Kerech
6th April 2011, 2:30 AM
Moved to 5th Gen Discussion, as this has no place in 5th Gen IGRMT.

yoursavior
6th April 2011, 2:46 AM
All you have to do is line up the infrared sensors of the games and wait for them to connect. After that you have to the freedom to move a bit away but not as far as if you were in the Pokemon Center.

Pingouin7
6th April 2011, 3:40 AM
After that you have to the freedom to move a bit away but not as far as if you were in the Pokemon Center.

Wireless takes over as soon as the infrared connection is established.

Oh, and Infrared trades are at least twice as fast as normal Union Room trades.
If you want to know how fast they are, do an in-game trade. It's fast like these.

mikau12
6th April 2011, 3:50 AM
Thanks guys, haha all I needed to do was move the DS's so the cartridges were facing each other. Wow, it was SOO much quicker though, it made trading so freakin easy.

5blackout55
8th April 2011, 6:20 AM
Im using the DS Lite does it have the infra red feature?

pyroecstacy
8th April 2011, 6:43 AM
yes the ds lite has the infra red feature. :)

BCVM22
8th April 2011, 10:10 AM

It does not, no.

Fortunately for you, however, the infrared functionality is built into the game card (it's that tiny glossier spot on the top of the game card) and works regardless of what type of system you're playing on.

smeargleboy
10th April 2011, 2:45 AM
I noticed the game cartridge for black,white,heart gold and soul silver are darker. does this have to do with IR?

BCVM22
10th April 2011, 2:49 AM
I noticed the game cartridge for black,white,heart gold and soul silver are darker. does this have to do with IR?

It has nothing to do with the actual functionality itself, no, but the IR-capable game cards are made of a slightly darker shade of plastic, yes.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
10th April 2011, 5:43 AM
It does not, no.

Fortunately for you, however, the infrared functionality is built into the game card (it's that tiny glossier spot on the top of the game card) and works regardless of what type of system you're playing on.

Wow, way to make my heart skip a beat bro.