PDA

View Full Version : Is drifblim still usable?

orangezilla
14th April 2011, 11:13 PM
Is drifblim still gonna be usable in 5th gen or has its annoying number of weaknesses to evermore common types killed it's usablility?

CloudVII
15th April 2011, 10:12 PM
Well with SR being seen less thanks to it not being a TM, it doesn't have that to worry about. Plus, it's DW ability makes it's Sp.Atk very nice. In my opinion, this generation made Drifblim a little better, but don't expect too much from it.

Agonist
15th April 2011, 10:13 PM
It's CM chesto rest set is fun to use

orangezilla
15th April 2011, 11:51 PM
I have been thinking of trying a chesto-rest set due to it's wonderful compatability with unburden but so far i've only been using a Baton Pass/Sub and explosion/destiny bond sets

jesusfreak94
15th April 2011, 11:56 PM
Drifblim has honestly not changed much since last Gen. It still has too many common weaknesses and too low of defenses to wall, plus it lacks reliable recovery, and it doesn't have the raw power, speed, or movepool to sweep. The ChestoRest set is fun, yes, but that's about it. Drifblim's just...meh.

orangezilla
16th April 2011, 12:01 AM
Drifblim has honestly not changed much since last Gen. It still has too many common weaknesses and too low of defenses to wall, plus it lacks reliable recovery, and it doesn't have the raw power, speed, or movepool to sweep. The ChestoRest set is fun, yes, but that's about it. Drifblim's just...meh.

your telling me, however you would be surprised how effective hypnosis can be when you get 2/3 attempts due to maxed out hp

Ememew
16th April 2011, 12:22 AM
Too bad it doesn't have the Attack Stat to make use of Acrobatics/Flying Gem/Unburden, as on paper those look like they'd have synergy but in practice it's probably too weak/gimmicky . . .

shady56
16th April 2011, 12:28 AM
its dw ability makes its sp.atk even greater
but anybody can still be good even drifblim i used her on pearl and once on diamond

orangezilla
16th April 2011, 12:32 AM
I like using drifblim because although nowhere near the most usable pokemon it can play multiple roles and with EV's in speed is faster than alot of people expect

Agonist
16th April 2011, 12:38 AM
Too bad it doesn't have the Attack Stat to make use of Acrobatics/Flying Gem/Unburden, as on paper those look like they'd have synergy but in practice it's probably too weak/gimmicky . . .

It has base 80 attack, which isn't terrible, but it really doesn't have any other physical attack moves, plus it has no way to increase its attack

orangezilla
16th April 2011, 12:40 AM
I always found it a shame it's never found a way to take advantage of it's flying type

Gigastrike
16th April 2011, 4:19 AM
How are you supposed to take advantage of it's hidden ability? Flame orb? Is a 1.5X boost (up to 135 base sp. atk) really worth taking up the item slot and constant health degen?

Agonist
16th April 2011, 4:24 AM
Switch it into a WoW

Gigastrike
16th April 2011, 4:27 AM
I'm not really that experienced with competition, but you would need an epic prediction for that.

Zachmac
17th April 2011, 2:10 AM
Will, it does get both unburden and Acrobatics. Give it a adamant nature, use acrobatics with the sky gem, then it has an accurate 165 power attack and double speed.

blaZofgold
19th April 2011, 6:16 AM
Gems have really increased Unburden's usability. Acrobatics + Unburden is a great combo.

ungulateman
19th April 2011, 6:46 AM
It never was usable.

Good typing and abilities let down by horrible stats and a shallow movepool.

Zachmac
20th April 2011, 2:35 AM
It never was usable.

Good typing and abilities let down by horrible stats and a shallow movepool.
Okay, it's not good in OU, but that doesn't make it useless. Ever tried adamant acrobatics with unburden?

windsong
20th April 2011, 4:00 AM
Okay, it's not good in OU, but that doesn't make it useless. Ever tried adamant acrobatics with unburden?

It sucks.

To echo what was said before; It never was usable.