PDA

View Full Version : Gardevoir rocks' splices! (please give feedback)

gardevoir rocks
16th April 2011, 12:23 PM
Hey, decided to try my hand at splices, so here's what I came up with:

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/gardevoir1/pokemonsplice.png

It's made from rapidash, beautifly, mime jr, kirlia, milotic, leavanny, tiny bit of medicham, colour of chimchar, and a tiny bit of colour from mesprit. So, what do you think?

Electricbluewolf
16th April 2011, 2:30 PM
Hmmm, I think you have over-did yourself on the splicing-if it's your first real go, stick to 2-3 pokemon, not loads! It's certainley not the worst splices ever (it's quite pretty, actually) but it's hard to figure out how 'donated' what towards the sprite. Also, the line of shading on the arm is a bit messed up- the red outline doesn't really go, and there is a random bit of black. The shading is also wrong for the legs and head (the brighter spot being on the top-right hand corner, when pokemon light sources come from the left-corner) I however, like the effect of the skirt- very hula!

Overall, it is a bit crowded, just remember, some of the best splices were made up of just 2-4 pokemon-so you don't need loads of pokemon to make a good sprite. But, it is a good effect, well done ^^

gardevoir rocks
16th April 2011, 2:39 PM
Thanks for the comment! I'll make a simpler one next time!

Edit: Found a splice I did a while back, it's rotom mixed with chimecho, what do you think?

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/gardevoir1/rotom-chimecho.png

gardevoir rocks
18th April 2011, 10:40 AM
Hey, I know this is a double-post, but I don't think anyone has posted anything in a least 2 days. Anyway, here's a kirlia mawile fusion I did yesterday, hope you like it, just wondered what people might think about it. I'm going to try and sort out my original fusion (I need to challenge myself, or I'm never going to get better at spriting). Anyway, here it is:

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/gardevoir1/mawilekirliafusiontransbackground.png

Edit: Sorted out my previous splice, I changed the pose so it is facing the direction that pokemon face when in battle, and adjusted the shading and black lines. Also, I changed the hair, 'cause the hair on the old one was really annoying me, it just didn't look right... Anyway, here is my new version, please comment!

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/gardevoir1/pokemonsplice-2.png

gardevoir rocks
20th April 2011, 3:48 PM
Bump... Is anyone actually going to give me advice other than electricbluewolf? Please, somebody post something, even a suggestion for another splice is welcome. I just want some help on how I can improve, is that too much to ask for?

Edit: Made another splice, this one is of kirlia and buneary, please please please give feedback!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/gardevoir1/kirliabunearyfusion.png

darkprince909
20th April 2011, 5:30 PM
the kirlia/bunneary splice is your best one so far. i cant see any problems with the shading on that one.

on the revamped original one, the shading on the skirt is facing the wrond direction, and the feet should have a darker outline.

you are getting better though :)

btw hows that professor sprite that i requested coming?

gardevoir rocks
20th April 2011, 5:38 PM
Thanks for replying! (I knew I could count on you!) Btw the professor sprite is finished, but it's on my computer, which I can't get to at the moment, as I am having my room redecorated (using my dad's laptop instead, which doesn't have all my stuff saved on it...)

darkprince909
20th April 2011, 5:50 PM
ah ic. well as soon as my sis scans her artwork for the heros i think ill send it to you so you can try to sprite them too, if you want. im not gonna be able to do much till friday (no school :D) cuz i gotta work tonight and tomorrow night. ill be free this weekend though, so i should be able to get some stuff done.

cant wait to see that professor sprite :)

level99love
22nd April 2011, 11:38 AM
These all look pretty nice; my only piece of advice would be to maybe add a bit more bordering to the left Kirlia ear/helmet thing of the Buneary/Kirlia splice.

You know, for someone with the name "Gardevoir Rocks" you sure like fusing Kirlia. :D

gardevoir rocks
22nd April 2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks! And about the kirlia thing, I guess I just like her as well, after all she does evolve into gardevoir. I think they're both cuties :)!

wolftamer
22nd April 2011, 4:46 PM
Now these are pretty nice!The rotom chimeco fusion could use some re-coloring on the eyes,though.And you might want to try making other fusions than kirlia fusions,It gives you an all-around skill and variation.Maybe you could try making contest pokemon like the one in your sig?They look really cool.And could you tell me where you found the contest prop sprites?

gardevoir rocks
22nd April 2011, 5:37 PM
Ok, that might be a better idea, thanks for replying! I got the sprites of the spriters resource, under the pokemon diamond/pearl section. But they weren't saved as png, so I had to recreate the ones I used (if you don't copy them pixel by pixel and just copy and paste them it'll ruin your image). Maybe I'll remake the sheet and post it here... (depends how much time I have, but it would sure save people a lot of time, as I don't know anywhere else you can find the sheet).

wolftamer
22nd April 2011, 5:50 PM
Ok,I normally go there so that won't be a problem.I'll promise to keep up with this thread! ^_^