PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Cruelty

NimhShambler
17th April 2011, 12:14 PM
I've started up one of my pokemon fanfictions about a Trainer who runs a shelter for abandoned and mistreated fighting pokemon, and a question wormed its way into my head:

If pokemon were real, do you think that there would be Pokemon Cruelty?

Yes, we've seen it to some degree in the anime, but I mean SEVERE animal cruelty. Do you think there would be Cage Breeding?

Personally, I think there would be. The world can never be a peaceful utopia, because cruelty is part of human nature. There will always be psychopaths, psychotics, and sadists--but that's a topic for another subforum.

I think that there would likely be underground deathmatch rings outside of a governing Pokemon body (as in The Pokemon League). There would be cage breeding to produce rare pokemon to be sold on the Black Market--in short, there'd be a real Team Rocket.

Then there would be cruel, heartless people who would misuse pokemon, budding serial killers that would torture and kill pokemon, and other people who are like that. Animal cruelty is a problem in our world, so it would stand to reason that, if our world was inhabited by Pokemon instead of animals, there would be Pokemon Cruelty.

What are your thoughts?

~Nemmeh

Mamono
17th April 2011, 12:27 PM
Definately.

Assassin9399
17th April 2011, 1:39 PM
It will be there, but I think such a person would beat earlier a dog then a Houndoom...

DucksGoMooful
17th April 2011, 1:43 PM
And then Team Plasma shows up...

Dramatic Melody
17th April 2011, 1:54 PM
Of course, since there's already evidence of it happening in the games themselves. Team Rocket, for example, killed the Marowak in Pokemon Tower, cut the tails of Slowpoke, and made Magikarp evolve against their will. Not to mention both Team Rocket and Team Plasma being known to steal other people's Pokemon, which is in itself considered a crime.

Rocketeer
17th April 2011, 2:17 PM
Yeah, check out the episode where Butch & Cassidy helt all the Pokémon in cages and stuff.
That trainer's Charmander that he beat up.
There are lots of things that contain cruelty.

T100
17th April 2011, 2:35 PM
I nearly cried when i watched the episode where that british bastard abandons his charmander :( so sad

Assassin9399
17th April 2011, 2:36 PM
sad, but not cruel, right?

DarkMagician12
17th April 2011, 2:52 PM
There would be so much cruelty. :'(

sizida
17th April 2011, 3:22 PM
pokeball is already a form of cruelty. makes all pokemon obeys you without question like a brainwash device once captured. especially legendaries.

weird that they were nasty to you when battling it, but when caught, they are like puppies.

03Juice
17th April 2011, 3:28 PM
Actually letting pokemon battle eachother is kinda cruel.

Like dog fights and **** ^^

Inchtall
17th April 2011, 3:30 PM
Pokeballs ARE cruelty. I say you catch it, then always have it out of your Pokeball, unless you are required to have it in your Pokeball.

LanceTheDragonMaster
17th April 2011, 4:00 PM
As long as there are human beings on earth, there will be cruelty.

Assassin9399
17th April 2011, 4:01 PM

sad, but true... come to think of it, a human can't also do without war...

PsychoSocial
17th April 2011, 4:05 PM
I think if Pokemon were real, people would force them into backyard fights against each other like cockfights.

Oh, wait...They already do that.

mewichooseyou
17th April 2011, 4:10 PM
I nearly cried when i watched the episode where that british bastard abandons his charmander :( so sad

Me too! It was so sad him out in the rain curled up trying to keep his tail lit.... :(

Korusan
17th April 2011, 4:50 PM
The entire plot to Black and White is based off of this.

Zachmac
17th April 2011, 5:03 PM
If child abuse and Animal abuse exist, of coarse there would be Pokemon abuse, but there will be a lot of people standing up agaisnt it, like they do to Child and Animal abuse.

And then Team Plasma shows up... Actually, team plasma could be a possibility. I heard that there was this small group of terrorist killing people to save nature.
The entire plot to Black and White is based off of this.
You're right there.

Emperor Empoleon
17th April 2011, 6:38 PM
EDIT: I would have to say yes and no :3

Yes
~People can use hunting methods, which leads to killing, or being forced into abusive situations etc

No
~Pokemon can fight back in a multitude of ways
~No Pokemon is forced to join a human unless a Master Ball is used
~Non-Abusive people fighting for and with Pokemon
~They're smarter than real-world animals

TheAwesomeOne
17th April 2011, 6:41 PM
Plasma beating that poor Munna......:(

Silver Totodile
17th April 2011, 6:50 PM

...and then claiming to be pokémon liberators.

TheAwesomeOne
17th April 2011, 6:54 PM
When Plasma beat the Munna, it looked very awkward, and then they were scared when their leader(whose name I have forgot) came and asked them what they were doing.

Grei
17th April 2011, 7:20 PM
:/ The Pokeball is not a device of cruelty. The Pokemon is given the option of fighting back and breaking open the ball if it doesn't want to be captured. Only the Master Ball can really be called a device of cruelty.

Dattebayo
17th April 2011, 8:05 PM
Pokemon cruelty is why Team Plasma exists (that is, as long as they're not under the control of Ghetsis).

Painkiller2001
17th April 2011, 8:08 PM
If there is cruelty in the Pokemon world, let's hope that the Pokemon at least have some sense to fight back.

Derp
17th April 2011, 8:19 PM
Yes there would be as people abuse animals some times people will abuse Pokemon too.

TheAwesomeOne
17th April 2011, 8:22 PM
The reason why Seviper and Zangoose hate each other.

lunar22
17th April 2011, 8:31 PM
There would be cruelty, undoubtedly. Especially when dealing with cages and breeding.

Profesco
17th April 2011, 8:32 PM
pokeball is already a form of cruelty. makes all pokemon obeys you without question like a brainwash device once captured. especially legendaries.

weird that they were nasty to you when battling it, but when caught, they are like puppies.

It doesn't make Pokemon obey without question. Not only has that not been said in-game, you can experience disobedient Pokemon for yourself. Just trade over a high-level Pokemon at the start of your game. =P

Capturing a Pokemon is akin to forming a bond with them. To capture is to become friends and partners; that's why Pokemon listen to trainers. In order to catch them, you have to earn their respect by besting them in battle. Pokemon are creatures that enjoy competition, and the games all state that the competition trainers are participating in is a friendly sort.

Like dog fights and **** ^^

Friendly competition, yadda yadda, Pokemon don't get seriously hurt, so on and so forth, more akin to boxing matches than dog fights, et cetera et cetera.

There'd almost certainly be Pokemon cruelty. The bad guy teams in-game give us an example of what some people might decide to do to/with Pokemon. But Pokemon are also smarter and more capable than real-world animals, so they'd be better able to organize and defend themselves. You can't confine in a cage a creature that can chop/burn/atomize the cage at whim, right?

And there'd also be good trainers all over the world standing up against Pokemon cruelty and wiping it out wherever it arose. ^_^

FairyWitch
17th April 2011, 8:40 PM
know guys the real cruelty of pokemon is letting ur pokemon faint and never revive them when they faint and keep fighting until they can't anymore...when i saw that episode when someone left a charmander in the rain and abandoned him when he clearly a fire pokemon because he called him usless sickins me...if your a veterian player like me you know what im talkin about...it was the first season when pokemon came out...

Emperor Empoleon
17th April 2011, 9:11 PM
The reason why Seviper and Zangoose hate each other.
Wha? Is there some backstory there that I dont know about(I probably don't tbh :S)? As far as I know that has nothing to do with humans D:

And there'd also be good trainers all over the world standing up against Pokemon cruelty and wiping it out wherever it arose. ^_^

Shell yeah :3

EDIT : And assuming that Legendaries are involved also, none of them would allow it. Most notably the Muskateers.

BlazingCold
17th April 2011, 9:21 PM
No... First of all the pokemon could attack them unless they were magikarps. Keep in mind there are regular animals out there. Plus, here comes Team Mc.Donalds (http://www.mccruelty.com/why.aspx)

TheEpicGoomba
17th April 2011, 9:23 PM
Yep. If pokemon were real it would proberly since there is animal cruelty and pokemon ae based of animals

Snigeln
17th April 2011, 9:38 PM
Sadly, there probably would be A Lot of cruelty, but hopefully also many "save-the-pokemon" groups trying to work against it.
I still think the cruelty coming with Pokemon being real, would be worth having them.

Noheart
17th April 2011, 9:58 PM

It's in most Pokémon's nature to be competetive against other Pokémon, or something like that.

Anyway, no sh*t there would be cruelty. There'd also be death, suffering, sadness, madness, war, and other misfortunes.

The Pokémon world was only made to be the go-happy sunshine universe because the animé is unfortunately aimed at kids. It has LOADS of potential of being aimed at an older audience, hell I'd even start watching the animé again if that ever happened.

But, it won't.

CSolarstorm
17th April 2011, 10:03 PM
Pokemon is an involuntary sport for the Pokemon. They probably follow along and maybe even like it, but they don't have a choice. Frustration, for example, as a TM, executed properly would indicate your Pokemon doesn't like you, but the game doesn't let them get up and run away.

The anime, manga, etc tries to make sense of it, but the core game says Pokemon don't have a choice but to listen to trainers who have all of their badges. And the function of the Pokeball is a container. Pokemon struggle when you initially try to catch them. They cease to become sovereign beings. The majority of them end up sitting in your PC forever because you wanted to fill your Pokedex.

Black/White hijacked the argument against Pokemon battling by introducing strawman Team Plasma. Their qualm against battling is something we can sympathize with. But when we see someone we sympathize with, incidentally act pigheaded about it, kick a Munna, find out their leader is a complete monster, and their king is deluded, we stop sympathizing with them and by association quit believing their original premise, no matter how much truth it contained, because it is now connected with those instances of horror.

But it is, just a game.

locomo
17th April 2011, 10:10 PM
Sadly yes. There will be Pokemon cruelty.

But they should be able to defend themselfs. I mean come on. They are POKEMON. Use flamethrower, seed bomb, scald, whatever! They all have at least one attack they can use!

.... Poor magicarps tho :P

trfan
18th April 2011, 12:19 AM
Of course there would be, there will always be people who abuse animals, I'm sure people would find a way to abuse Pokemon.

Sweep Freak
18th April 2011, 12:25 AM
Isn't pitting one pokemon against another cruelty anyway? Like a **** fight?

Azran Flame
18th April 2011, 12:25 AM
Team Galactic kidnapping the Lake Guardians and leaving all those poor Magikarp to flop about helplessly... And Paul is technically a pokemon abuser too.

Richard91
18th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Pokemon contests. Do you think they like getting fed nasty pokeblocks? Or like using ugly props?

Azran Flame
18th April 2011, 12:32 AM
^ but what about poffins?

Richard91
18th April 2011, 12:44 AM
^ but what about poffins?

Who said every poffin is amazing? Look at May/Dawn They could have poisoned their pokemon when they first began making them.

Azran Flame
18th April 2011, 12:46 AM
^ it is in the games, though... Wait you're right.

TehLulzMastur
18th April 2011, 12:49 AM
Think about it this way; in the games, we force our Pokemon to breed over to over again just so that we can get one that looks pretty. We spend days upon days fighting the same Pokemon just to train ours in a certain way. Not to mention the fact that the Mafia, the environmentalists and the cults all use Pokemon to battle people instead of using guns.

Venomrec
18th April 2011, 12:55 AM
I'd think just as much as there is animal cruelty will be pokemon cruelty. But your post makes it seem as if that's the only thing happening, the open world with pokemon filled with in it would be mostly pleasant. Eventually on your pokemon journey you'll across some sort of pokemon cruelty but you can just "eliminate" the bad guy, since it the real world & all. "Vigilante"

Azran Flame
18th April 2011, 12:57 AM
Think about it this way; in the games, we force our Pokemon to breed over to over again just so that we can get one that looks pretty. We spend days upon days fighting the same Pokemon just to train ours in a certain way. Not to mention the fact that the Mafia, the environmentalists and the cults all use Pokemon to battle people instead of using guns.

Ah yes. This. And the fact that you release new-born pokemon into the wild just because it had the wrong IVs.

Emperor Empoleon
18th April 2011, 1:03 AM
Do you think they like getting fed nasty pokeblocks?

Who said every poffin is amazing? Look at May/Dawn They could have poisoned their pokemon when they first began making them.

That's why the games tell you what food they like :/ It's the medical herbs that Pokemon don't like because of the taste(which is why they lower friendship).

we force our Pokemon to breed over to over again just so that we can get one that looks pretty
No, we just put them in the day care. They do the breeding. That's why the Day Care guy says that they "seem to get along", or something along those lines.

We spend days upon days fighting the same Pokemon just to train ours in a certain way

Isn't pitting one pokemon against another cruelty anyway? Like a **** fight?
Pokemon like fighting. It's how they train themselves. Wild Pokemon faint and run away after battles, perhaps to go back into the wild for rest.

Richard91
18th April 2011, 1:04 AM
Why do pokemon do all the heavy life threating things. I think they would put sick machokes in caves just for the fun of it. And I agree with Flame poor lv1 poochy released into Challengers cave? ETA untill death would be quick for the poor poke. Electric types used to power cities (Reference to HG SS electrics powering Rocket base.)

coolminun
18th April 2011, 1:09 AM
Of course, since there's already evidence of it happening in the games themselves. Team Rocket, for example, killed the Marowak in Pokemon Tower, cut the tails of Slowpoke, and made Magikarp evolve against their will. Not to mention both Team Rocket and Team Plasma being known to steal other people's Pokemon, which is in itself considered a crime.

just sums it all up in one stolen pokeball.

metagrody6
18th April 2011, 1:12 AM
If Pokémon were real everybody would be nice; and the meanest thing anybody would ever do is steal Pokémon.

So no.

725roy
18th April 2011, 1:14 AM
Well, you know how Team Plasma wants to liberate pokemon from cruel trainers?
In the dreamyard, one team plasma member KICKS a munna :l

High Priest Reuniclus
18th April 2011, 2:03 AM
Keep in mind that pokemon will probably be far more likely do do a 'screwthis, I'm outta here' than real animals, and would probably have the ability to do so, due to their increased intelligence and defense capabilities compared to actual animals

The Outcast
18th April 2011, 2:22 AM
Oh yeah, before I even read the rest I would for sure say that there is pokemon cruelty.

Lets just say its not the Team Rocket mistreatment,

I mean two ways:
Abusive activity (Thanks animal cops)
People thinking that there are more than one uses for a pokemon (Thanks internet for scarring my childhood)

I still remember this one very...disturbing image of a pokemon being abused...I don't feel like sharing unless Im sure I wouldn't get banned for saying it. (Not showing it)

Coey890
18th April 2011, 3:17 AM
Well, of course there would be.

There would be those freaks.

People who smash pokemon in a building and breed them so they can get them with more strength, or in a different color.

Pokemon contests don't seem like cruelty. The pokemon may enjoy it, jumping around, showing off their cool moves.

Pokemon battles aren't that bad. I don't like getting hurt, but if i was a pokemon, I would shrug it off and keep on going. Also pokemon ENJOY battling, if you ever played the games. Thinking of it, battling would be fun!
You battle, win, get stronger, maybe even evolve into something epic.

And for evil weirdos who kill people with pokemon\guns. Go blastoise! Use hydro pump! ;009;

dangermags
18th April 2011, 3:29 AM
Pokemon battles aren't that bad. I don't like getting hurt, but if i was a pokemon, I would shrug it off and keep on going. Also pokemon ENJOY battling, if you ever played the games. Thinking of it, battling would be fun!
You battle, win, get stronger, maybe even evolve into something epic.

Lots of animals enjoy playful fighting. In many animals, that's how you recreate or learn survival skills.

However, that can always be taken too far. A little kid may abuse his cute little Pichu to death, not understanding the difference between play and hurt. Unscrupulous trainers Will have their Pokemon fight harder than necessary, going so far as to deliberately hurt the other Pokemon beyond what is allowed, often into serious injury or death. Heck, fighting to the death or till broken limb might become standard rules in underground Pokemon fights, outside the eyes of the law.

The world of Pokemon is a lot more idealistic than ours, but it still has it's many dark sides. Heck, the mangas alone show several instances of serious injury and death among Pokemon - Arboks being sliced in half, Magmars shattered into several icy pieces - and even the games hint to severe cruelty being a very realistic possibility in their innocent world.

Baton Passer
18th April 2011, 3:40 AM
Yes, I do believe that much cruelty would take place, however, even after a pokemon is captured, it still retains its free will and spirit.

EVEN in a master ball, that legendary would just have to flap its wing or stomp its foot to get the pokeball out of your hands.

A master ball simply won't fail.
It wont force the pokemon to join you.

I mean come on, if it wasn't lookin for a trainer, why would it be waiting in tall grass? There is a perfectly unhoppable waist high fence just a few pixels away. XP

CSolarstorm
18th April 2011, 6:23 AM
Does the legendary Pokemon understand that you have six Pokemon in your pocket ready to outnumber it, and moreover does it know what a Pokeball is and why it should knock the ball out of your hands? Of course, it considers you a threat, because you managed to reach it's lair, but it doesn't know how much of an overpowered threat you really are.

Evandamonster
18th April 2011, 6:49 AM
Maybe if it wasn't real life.

In a world full of pokemon, humans would be some of the first to go when it comes to "survival of the fittest". With rodents firing off thunderbolts, bugs breathing fire, 30 foot worms of steel causing earthquakes, ghosts traumatizing children, and purple blobs polluting the air/water supply, we wouldn't last long... Good luck trying to be cruel to one of them; hell Pikachu would have killed Ash 20 times over in the first episode xD

dangermags
18th April 2011, 7:04 AM
Maybe if it wasn't real life.

In a world full of pokemon, humans would be some of the first to go when it comes to "survival of the fittest". With rodents firing off thunderbolts... we wouldn't last long... Good luck trying to be cruel to one of them... xD

It helps that Pokemon are extraterrestrial beings not native to this world. Considering that the earliest Pokemon, Mew, was recorded in in tablets as early as prehistory, it's likely that humanity was advanced enough to develop weapons, domestication, and primitive societies before the Arrival. And considering all the Cool primitive Pokemon were being relegated to the depths of the ocean, I doubt primitive Man would have had much difficulty with primitive Ditto and Unown.

By the time the first Feraligatr crawled onto land, Mankind had surely come to understand and control what Pokemon had assimilated into their societies.

Or worshiped them as deities and kept them locked up in caves. Either or.

Elementer
18th April 2011, 7:11 AM
@danger
But legend indicates many Pokemon played a central role in creating the world, universe, etc. Much before mankind existed. Plus, Legendaries such as Groudon, Regigigas, Kyogre and such were directly stated to help create the world.

And many records of ordinary Pokemon have been proved to live amongside humans since ancient time; Arcanine and such.

dangermags
18th April 2011, 7:16 AM
@danger
But legend indicates many Pokemon played a central role in creating the world, universe, etc. Much before mankind existed. Plus, Legendaries such as Groudon, Regigigas, Kyogre and such were directly stated to help create the world.

In local lore and legend. According to Hoenn folklore, Groudon and Kyogre created the sea and land. According to the ancient peoples of Sinnoh, the world was created by Arceus. These peoples were exposed to powerful Pokemon since early in their history, and it only made sense for these near-omnipotent beings to be responsible for the natural phenomena that occurred around them. After all, if Kyogre can bring a flood-worth of rain and if Dialga can seemingly recreate the reality around it, can these beings not be the very deities that created the very Earth we live on?

They are powerful creatures indeed, enough to have developed cults and religions around them. That they are the makers of the universe, however, is little more than ancient superstitions.

poizonsting
18th April 2011, 7:33 AM
You people are looking too much into it. We are getting worked up by thinking what would happen to a bunch of pixels when there are are real issues to deal with, such as poverty, hunger, etc. But if Pokemon were real, animals wouldn't exist, and thus I suppose animal cruelty would be replaced by Pokemon cruelty.

Friendly competition, yadda yadda, Pokemon don't get seriously hurt, so on and so forth, more akin to boxing matches than dog fights, et cetera et cetera.

Boxing is "cruel" friendly competition, you know.

The DoritoNinja
18th April 2011, 7:37 AM
I can honestly say that I already treat legendary Pkmn crappy
I have no need for them
But non legendaries I will love

chuboy
18th April 2011, 7:45 AM
RE: Pokeballs

http://www.collegehumor.com/article/4069916/diary-of-a-charmander

Will give you another insight into capturing Pokemon in a dark but humourous way.

dangermags
18th April 2011, 8:37 AM
But if Pokemon were real, animals wouldn't exist, and thus I suppose animal cruelty would be replaced by Pokemon cruelty.

There have been instances of real-life animals coexisting (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animals_in_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world) among both humans and Pokemon. Countless examples can be seen in the animes and mangas, and a few samples exist in the games as well. Pokemon do not simply replace the ecological niches of existing animals, but compete and live and die alongside them.

Actually, the relationships between actual terrestrial animals and Pokemon on an ecological scale would be a fascinating little mental exercise. Even if they are just pixels and electrical impulses, it's never a bad thing to keep the imagination fresh.

streetlightdsb
18th April 2011, 10:43 AM
Yes, if Pokemon were real I'm sure someone would chuck a Purrloin into a rubbish bin, or punt a Growlithe off a 30 foot bridge.

These things have actually happened in real life with their respective counterparts. People can be evil- I'm sure it wouldn't take long for someone to be cruel to a Pokemon.

LuciRuki
18th April 2011, 11:05 AM
Absolutely, especially when you think about pokemon's natures and abilities, the fact that there are a plethora of evil organizations out in the pokemon world and the fact that 10 year old kids are taking care of animals. Of course there will be animal cruelty.

-LuciRuki-

CSolarstorm
18th April 2011, 11:31 AM

Will give you another insight into capturing Pokemon in a dark but humourous way.

That's disturbing. Especially the way Squirtle is passing its time, apparently.

Xyllerion
18th April 2011, 11:51 AM
Especially the way Squirtle is passing its time, apparently.
I LOLd at that. And yes there would be.

TheAwesomeOne
18th April 2011, 12:48 PM
Pidgeotto was eating a worm before it was captured by Ash.

(Poor Wurmple:()

KingRaichu
18th April 2011, 3:07 PM
Are you joking? Of course! Think about it, people abuse animals for common sport, now imagine if those animals had magical powers, and having the stronger essentially gives you the equivalent of a tank that could walk and follow commands. With that in mind, surely they'd be seen as tools by a number of people, and when things are used as tools or weapons, they are often mistreated if said things also happen to be alive, because the two states tend not to intersect well.

Besides, no matter how much the anime and the games explain it away with ""friendship" and "love" and "honesty," at the end of the day, we are having cockfights with magical creatures...which is both illegal AND a form of animal cruelty in our world already...

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 3:17 PM
Are any of you former Team Plasma members?

KingRaichu
18th April 2011, 3:20 PM
*chuckle* no, the uniforms would look awful on me...besides, didn't Team Plasma just use their "Pokemon lover's" shtick just as a cover?

Sweep Freak
18th April 2011, 3:24 PM
No, Team Plasma really did think they were trying to help the pokemon. Ghetis was the only one who knew.

Legendary Dreams
18th April 2011, 3:51 PM
No, Team Plasma really did think they were trying to help the pokemon. Ghetis was the only one who knew.

Actually no. Some Team Plasma members expressed thoughts similar to Ghetsis. That doesn't indicate whether they knew Ghetsis' true plans, but not all Team Plasma members joined for the "PETA-Cause."

And let's face it, a few decades ago, we've thought of technology as aiding us (like those retro thoughts of the 2000s have robots in households as commonplace). Now? We'll be lucky if we aren't thinking of hackers and weapons of mass destruction.

Pokemon are technically the same. Forget legendaries, pseudo-legendaries already have power levels that can rival armies.

Profesco
18th April 2011, 4:45 PM
Pokemon is an involuntary sport for the Pokemon. They probably follow along and maybe even like it, but they don't have a choice. Frustration, for example, as a TM, executed properly would indicate your Pokemon doesn't like you, but the game doesn't let them get up and run away.

The anime, manga, etc tries to make sense of it, but the core game says Pokemon don't have a choice but to listen to trainers who have all of their badges. And the function of the Pokeball is a container. Pokemon struggle when you initially try to catch them. They cease to become sovereign beings. The majority of them end up sitting in your PC forever because you wanted to fill your Pokedex.

The qualm I have with this is that it might be taking the "game rules" to an exaggerated degree. Some things in the videogame have to happen the way they do simply because the game needs to be playable. If you're a ten year-old playing your Red version, it would not be fair if your starter decided to not feel like battling in the middle of your badge battle. The Pokemon always fight for you in your games because it's a videogame and that's how it's programmed to function.

Taking the perspective offered by the anime, or possibly manga, Pokemon sometimes choose not to battle, and their trainers go right ahead and accept that. Ash frequently lets his Pokemon make the choice to battle or not. This, from a realistic standpoint, is more likely. And both games and anime have expressed that becoming stronger and winning competitions is a goal respected and shared by all Pokemon and trainers. Pokemon have the power to desert a trainer if they want to (such was the case with the Snivy Ash recently captured in Unova), but Pokemon themselves enjoy the competition and personal growth.

The same goes for Pokeballs. The games would be a complete dud if a Pokemon you've been training for a month just up and disappeared from its Pokeball. But in the anime, trainers frequently have their Pokemon outside traveling alongside them, and Pokemon can even escape their Pokeballs at will. Think of Psyduck and Wobbuffet. And the Pokeball is clearly not a brainwashing/enslaving device, since we've seen dozens of instances of trainers and their Pokemon disagreeing or bickering - and the Pokemon frequently win, thanks to Flamethrower or Water Gun or Thunderbolt. :p

Black/White hijacked the argument against Pokemon battling by introducing strawman Team Plasma. Their qualm against battling is something we can sympathize with. But when we see someone we sympathize with, incidentally act pigheaded about it, kick a Munna, find out their leader is a complete monster, and their king is deluded, we stop sympathizing with them and by association quit believing their original premise, no matter how much truth it contained, because it is now connected with those instances of horror.

But it is, just a game.

Aha, that was wonderful. I love it when Debate regulars visit GPD. :D *applause*

Boxing is "cruel" friendly competition, you know.

Okay. Then high school wrestling. Or martial arts tournaments. Or arm wrestling, even. Take your pic. Physical sports are not all cruel. ^_^

trfan
18th April 2011, 5:06 PM

haha! That is so true! I always feel bad for the Pokemon being left in there Balls, must be so boring.

Blackjack the Titan
18th April 2011, 5:09 PM
So for those who are former Team Plasma members, did you get Zekrom/Reshiram coming out of their Stones on video, or did the two dragons burn or fry you vidcam?

Anyway, was N a Pokemon abuser or just another Trainer who happened to be the son of an abuser?

dangermags
18th April 2011, 5:11 PM
So for those who are former Team Plasma members, did you get Zekrom/Reshiram coming out of their Stones on video, or did the two dragons burn or fry you vidcam?

I'd imagine it went something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3KV4fLSNoU).

Blackjack the Titan
19th April 2011, 8:36 PM
I'd imagine it went something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3KV4fLSNoU).

I know. But I just wanted to see it from a Grunt's angle. Plus I saw Reshiram come out of the stone, not Zekrom.

Emperor Empoleon
19th April 2011, 10:02 PM
Anyway, was N a Pokemon abuser or just another Trainer who happened to be the son of an abuser?

He grew up with Pokemon who were in bad situations, and grew closer to Pokemon because of it. Ghetsis introduced those Pokemon to him purposely to further his plans.

Adrexus
19th April 2011, 11:09 PM
It was more than just that, Ghetsis knew he didn't have pure enough motives to make Reshiram/Zekrom trust him. So having someone like N with pure intentions was the only way Ghetsis would be able to rule Unova. So no, N was not a pokemon abuser. The same could not be said of the grunts though. It just makes me wonder whether or not they were really in on Ghetsis' plan in the first place.

legendarypokemonmaster
19th April 2011, 11:24 PM
Of course it would exist, it already does in the games.

SnowyPiplup
19th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Considering people abuse animals today, and Pokemon are practically the equivalent of animals with powers, you can be assured it will happen.

Plus, it happens all the time in the games. Poor Munna... D:

The Outcast
20th April 2011, 12:14 AM
Are any of you former Team Plasma members?

If I did I'd be a templar and against the assassins.

I am not, I am for the assassins.

On topic:
Pokemon abuse might unfortunatly not just go towards violence, I've unfortunatly seen an image of.....well, I'd prefer not to say it if I know I'll get banned for typing it. Someone let me know if I can freely say it, last thing I need is to suggest something so.....awful to a young child. (Assuming we are all mature about this subject)

Pseudo-Unlegendary
20th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Well if we inserted pokemon into our world of course there would be, but if it's in the context of their world then no since they do seem to keep it a pretty good society with no real crime (aside from the villainous teams and several petty thieves).

YourFavoriteUser
7th May 2011, 2:44 PM

Team Plasma Grunt: Let's protect Pokemon from abusive trainers
Other Plasma Grunt: Let's start by beating this Munna!
Original Plasma Grunt: That's brilliant!

iShock
14th May 2011, 8:24 AM
First watch Apokelypse, second look at the Iron masked marauder, and thirdly, pokemon are being nearly as cruel to each other as humans would, in fact more so. Big whoop, Palkia just sits there getting hit with a wooden stick, probably not even feeling anything, when Arceus comes in and blasts them with Judgment. Not saying it's not bad for humans to do Pokemon abuse, but Pokemon do it moreso to each other. Of course, I'm talking about big Pokemon, now for smaller pokemon, that would be very bad.

giratina hates shaymin
14th May 2011, 9:20 AM
hey I only abuse my sisters pokemon (Giratina FTW)

no its not that bad unless you have pokemon you breed locked up forever in your pc

or have a billion babies (I think ditto's enjoy it though)

hawkmbl
14th May 2011, 3:28 PM
There would be. It's creepy to think they could abuse a legendary to breed when it can't breed, or try paring it up with a normal pokemon when it still can't. That would be horrible. Though the worst part would be if people abandoned a pokemon because it couldn't learn one move or lost 1 battle.:(

PokeMEN
14th May 2011, 3:50 PM
for sure...but lets think of happier things :P

DasBoot
14th May 2011, 6:39 PM
Yeah, I think there would. But now I'm all sad.. :(

menonabhi123
14th May 2011, 8:24 PM
there would be sadists looking to ill treat pokemon, but unlike animals who just bear all the torture, pokemon have the moves to set those guys right....so its not all that bad you know

BurningSociety12345543210
14th May 2011, 8:32 PM
If pokemon were real, they could kill a human any time they want, so if people wanted to stay alive, I don't think there would be pokemon cruelty.....

Plat. Frontier
15th May 2011, 7:08 PM
People EV/IV/Nature/Whatever the **** they do to Pokemon. There's also Ditto. How do you think it can just "make" eggs? He's actually a human in disguise, trying to-

Anyway, yes. People can beat Pokemon (Houndoom: Burn in hell!) and torture Pokemon (Gyarados: NO! I'm de-evolving!).

Zark
15th May 2011, 7:12 PM
Of course there will be.

VS
15th May 2011, 7:16 PM
He grew up with Pokemon who were in bad situations, and grew closer to Pokemon because of it. Ghetsis introduced those Pokemon to him purposely to further his plans.

that guy can plan ahead

Inchtall
15th May 2011, 7:17 PM
Considering people abuse animals today, and Pokemon are practically the equivalent of animals with powers, you can be assured it will happen.

Plus, it happens all the time in the games. Poor Munna... D:

I will kill Team Plasma for abusing that Munna!

*Get's in Skyla's Airplane* "Hey, that's my-" "SHUT UP!" *Flies to Pokemon league. drops atomic bomb on N's castle. Team Plasma is gone*"Wait, I killed Alder as well..... who cares?"

PhearWalker
15th May 2011, 7:22 PM
I think we'd see overpopulation through chain IV, nature, andegg move breeding, either that or hundreds of pokemon would be stuck in boxes

Grey Wind
15th May 2011, 8:01 PM
I will kill Team Plasma for abusing that Munna!
*Get's in Skyla's Airplane* "Hey, that's my-" "SHUT UP!" *Flies to Pokemon league. drops atomic bomb on N's castle. Team Plasma is gone*"Wait, I killed Alder as well..... who cares?"

Of course there will some cruelty, althought hey probably won't mention it in the games.

Zibdas
15th May 2011, 11:28 PM

Of course there will some cruelty, althought hey probably won't mention it in the games.

They mentioned Slowpoketail...

In my book, the more cruelty the more fun it is. Case sensitive.

jscholfield
15th May 2011, 11:34 PM
me and my friend were talk and I said it would be funny if pokemon were real and some guy who didn't know about pokemon started throwing stuff at a magikarp then it evo

so the point of the story is don't pick on a weak pokemon because they will get stronger

Zibdas
15th May 2011, 11:35 PM
me and my friend were talk and I said it would be funny if pokemon were real and some guy who didn't know about pokemon started throwing stuff at a magikarp then it evo

so the point of the story is don't pick on a weak pokemon because they will get stronger

Or put you to sleep, if it's a Patrat.

THE EYES. THEY STARE AT MEEE...

SphealsFTW
15th May 2011, 11:47 PM
Yeah, there would be. But I don't think a pokemon like Rayquaza would be too happy to find out that it's pokemon brethren were being abused...

Zibdas
15th May 2011, 11:50 PM
Lake Valor blew up; It didn't seem to mind too much.

pokemaster001
15th May 2011, 11:58 PM
Team Plasma Grunt: Let's protect Pokemon from abusive trainers
Other Plasma Grunt: Let's start by beating this Munna!
Original Plasma Grunt: That's brilliant!
you naive, naive person
that's like saying wars are hypocritical because they're needed to protect peace
that's like saying PETA is evil because it wants to hurt plants
in a world where violence wasn't needed, there would be no team plasma

Ne0n-H!tch'd
16th May 2011, 7:58 AM
Uhhh NO!
A pOKEMON WILL KICK A MOTHAFLUFFIN NIJJAS **** If a human dares hurt em...

Imagine.. I kick a wobbuffet and the Wobbuffet kicks me back double the strength

Screw that, It's us we gotta worry about!

Zibdas
16th May 2011, 2:45 PM
Uhhh NO!
A pOKEMON WILL KICK A MOTHAFLUFFIN NIJJAS **** If a human dares hurt em...

Imagine.. I kick a wobbuffet and the Wobbuffet kicks me back double the strength

Screw that, It's us we gotta worry about!

With that logic if we shoot a Wobbufett two bullets will come out.
/is scared now

rykerr1
16th May 2011, 5:27 PM
There would definitely be some cruelty. People would probably have underground fights (like dog fights or bird fights) that they would bet on. Of course any Pokemon involved would probably be mistreated =/

WatersoftheNile
17th May 2011, 12:21 AM
I think that they possibly would. People are asshats, no matter what.

Sklobington
17th May 2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, there would be. But I don't think a pokemon like Rayquaza would be too happy to find out that it's pokemon brethren were being abused...

You could even say it would be outraged! *ba-doom-Ching* :D

Blackjack the Titan
17th May 2011, 1:02 AM
Alot of people say that Pokémon Cruelty is using them as Battling Machines.
The REAL Pokémon Cruelty is not using them to battle, breed, or train them.
How would you like it if your parents just lock you in your room and make you stay there for the rest of your life.
When you collect Pokémon and don't use 'em, your basically saying that they're pointless and useless right in their face.

Firebreather
17th May 2011, 1:17 AM
If pokemon was real... I'll give it a year befor Arcanine are being hunted down for their fur and are on the endangered Pokemon list XD

Oh, and Pokemon cruelty would definitely be a reality. It's just one of those things that you can't avoid. No matter what you do, there will always be bad people out there...

epicninjask123
17th May 2011, 1:23 AM
There would definitely be cruelty. Firebreather mentioned Arcanine being hunted for fur, but what about the fish pokemon? Most of them would probably be killed my fishing boats. And for what? Most of the Pokemon lovers like you and me would protest while everyone else enjoys char-grilled remoraid, or some other crazy dish that my creativity is too low to come up with. And I'll bet they wouldn't even taste that good. There are sick people in this world. No denying it. Its just life.

Eternalserenity
17th May 2011, 3:53 AM
Here are some good examples of pokémon cruelty:

Team Plasma doesn't care about the well-being of pokémon.
-*Team Plasma shows up*
"Hey look a Munna! We need dream mist! Let's start kicking it!" *kick**kick**kick**kick**kick*
"The useless thing fainted and we still have no dream mist! Let's find another one!"
-They forced the pokémon they took from trainers to build that massive castle.

Team Rocket is no better.
-They stole pokémon from trainers
-They own a game corner in Celadon City. That game corner has pokémon given away as prizes. Those pokémon have to be held somewhere. Probably in cages.
-They hack off Slowpoke tails to sell as food in the black market.
-They orphaned hundreds of Cubones by killing the parent Marowak.

Cipher is pretty bad as well.
-They steal pokémon from trainers and turn those pokémon into heartless fighting machines.

The worst abusers are Team Galactic.
-They stole pokémon from trainers
-They conducted painful experiments on the pokémon of the lakes.
-They tried to destroy the universe.

The average pokémon trainer may not be cruel or abusive, but the organizations definitely are.

Loreni333
17th May 2011, 5:13 AM
Look... We catch pokemon, force them to battle, and put them in PC's. These pokemon get deadly posined, paralyzed- we are terrible people who are poachers.

Us:

Battle with pokemon
Challenge others
Make them life to high expectations.
Let them FAINT
Store them I'm a PC...
Let them get paralyzed... Poisoned...
We breed them- and just mass release leftovers we don't like. Puppy mills anyone?

Team Galactic-

Search for a non-fossil fuel
Want to make a universe better for pokemon.

Team aqua-

Wants to give more area to the animals who have o live where we put our trash and sewage.

Team plassssmmmmaaaa...

Has cool outfits!!!

"who's really the cruel people?"

NimhShambler
17th May 2011, 5:36 AM
Look... We catch pokemon, force them to battle, and blah blah blah

Doesn't it seem like every so often, we get a newbie whining about this?

Newbies who whine about this, please, take the broom handle out of your bum.

ChuckNorris
17th May 2011, 5:43 AM
Probably not, I think people would mostly avoid Pokemon in real life. They can smash and move large boulders (Rock Smash, Strength), they can produce a large burst of fire or water (Flamethrower, Hydro Pump) they can cut off your head (Guillotine), they can produce a fissure in the ground for you to fall in (Fissure), and they can make it colder than Antarctica (Sheer Cold).

DoubleJG3288
17th May 2011, 6:13 AM
My girlfriend likes to talk about how it is mean that people use Pokémon to battle one another. I say that it's because they like it, and we feed them delicious berries as rewards for winning.

Ne0n-H!tch'd
17th May 2011, 7:01 AM
If pokemon was real... I'll give it a year befor Arcanine are being hunted down for their fur and are on the endangered Pokemon list XD

Oh, and Pokemon cruelty would definitely be a reality. It's just one of those things that you can't avoid. No matter what you do, there will always be bad people out there...

Cinccino dittos that!

YourFavoriteUser
22nd May 2011, 1:56 AM
If pokemon were real, they could kill a human any time they want, so if people wanted to stay alive, I don't think there would be pokemon cruelty.....

Don't you think most of Team Plama/Rocket should be dead by now?

Cuddlebuns
22nd May 2011, 2:26 AM
The whole concept of Pokemon is cruel and inhumane. You find a creature that is running free and happy in the wild, force it into a tiny ball, then make it obey all of your commands until you get bored of it and cram it into a digital box where it sits in one place for all eternity, unable to move or exert any control over it's existence.

So you may think they're you're friends, but from their point of view we're all just slave masters. Which is why people who take the game too seriously and literally think of their Pokemon as living creatures with feelings and thoughts are annoying hypocrites. They complain about those of us who utilize advanced game mechanics like EVs, IVs, and Natures, because it "degrades" the Pokemon, but they do the exact same thing. No matter if you play competitively or casually, everyone treats their Pokemon like tools.

YourFavoriteUser
22nd May 2011, 2:33 AM
you naive, naive person
that's like saying wars are hypocritical because they're needed to protect peace
that's like saying PETA is evil because it wants to hurt plants
in a world where violence wasn't needed, there would be no team plasma

Wow. You do realize that was a joke. i was making fun of Team Plasma.

pokemon player
22nd May 2011, 10:37 PM
As sad as it is, as long as there are sociopathic/psycopathic freaks out there, there will be abuse and cruelty. It's a fact. :(

YourFavoriteUser
23rd May 2011, 1:18 PM
^I totally agree

castlewars
23rd May 2011, 5:40 PM
Abuse and cruelty to Pokemon are what the evil teams do.

Nebbio
23rd May 2011, 5:48 PM
As long as humans exist Pokemon will continued to be abused. This is the world of Pokemon of course. ;)

Marbi Z
23rd May 2011, 7:21 PM

True! So lets create a deadly virus that only kills humans! That way the world would be a much better place! I'm sure a couple radical Team Plasma Members would agree!

Validus
23rd May 2011, 7:57 PM
No, i'd have to say humans would not cause pokemon cruelty

If pokemon were real, humans would be doomed.

Pokemon weild a formidable amount of power. can you imagine trying to put a pikachu into a cage? "Pikachu get in the cage" *Pikachu stands their unmoving* "Stupid pikachu move! *you try to push pikachu, and promptly die from a huge electric shock*

with many pokemon having equal or possible greater intelligence than humans (Alakazam for example) i'd be kissing their butts out of fear.

as for legendaires.... yeah earth and well the whole galaxy could been doomed

YourFavoriteUser
23rd May 2011, 9:42 PM
No, i'd have to say humans would not cause pokemon cruelty

If pokemon were real, humans would be doomed.

Pokemon weild a formidable amount of power. can you imagine trying to put a pikachu into a cage? "Pikachu get in the cage" *Pikachu stands their unmoving* "Stupid pikachu move! *you try to push pikachu, and promptly die from a huge electric shock*

with many pokemon having equal or possible greater intelligence than humans (Alakazam for example) i'd be kissing their butts out of fear.

as for legendaires.... yeah earth and well the whole galaxy could been doomed

Pokemon cruelty has already been shown in the anime and games.

Skevengal
23rd May 2011, 11:13 PM
Pokemon cruelty has already been shown in the anime and games.

Aye, ditto (Yes, Pun intended)

pkmnfn
23rd May 2011, 11:30 PM
well I'd say it is definitely a part of human nature, but there would also be people who would try to protect them...

but why are we talking about pokemon anyway? shouldn't we be worried more about the real world at this point?

let's look at the first post...

Yes, we've seen it to some degree in the anime, but I mean SEVERE animal cruelty. Do you think there would be Cage Breeding?

Personally, I think there would be. The world can never be a peaceful utopia, because cruelty is part of human nature. There will always be psychopaths, psychotics, and sadists--but that's a topic for another subforum.

I think that there would likely be underground deathmatch rings outside of a governing Pokemon body (as in The Pokemon League). There would be cage breeding to produce rare pokemon to be sold on the Black Market--in short, there'd be a real Team Rocket.

Then there would be cruel, heartless people who would misuse pokemon, budding serial killers that would torture and kill pokemon, and other people who are like that. Animal cruelty is a problem in our world, so it would stand to reason that, if our world was inhabited by Pokemon instead of animals, there would be Pokemon Cruelty.

Cage breeding?

illegal, but there. check

psychopaths, psychotics, and sadists?

check

There would be cage breeding to produce rare pokemon?

not quite "pokemon", but check
there'd be a real Team Rocket?

again, not the same name, but no-one can deny that there are bad people out there

Then there would be cruel, heartless people who would misuse pokemon, budding serial killers that would torture and kill pokemon, and other people who are like that?

In the anime, we see enough "animal" cruelty, but in the real world there are people who exactly fit that description- maybe worse...

Animal cruelty is a problem in our world, so it would stand to reason that, if our world was inhabited by Pokemon instead of animals, there would be Pokemon Cruelty?

I agree... there are BAD PEOPLE OUT THERE...

MiloticTwins
24th March 2013, 3:16 AM
Say, I would think that Trainers' Pokémon, who use banned and illegal moves on other Pokémon is such a Pokémon cruelty because they're too violent against them, and banned and illegal everywhere in the entire Pokémon World.

PokemonTrainerKaden
24th March 2013, 3:43 AM
Absolutely, it's almost exactly like animal cruelty. Everything get's abused.

Icarus©
24th March 2013, 4:27 AM
Well yes there would be pokemon cruelty, but how the heck would you keep a pokemon like a dragonite in a cage?
And even a dunsparce can pack a punch. Parahax FTW

More so then pokemon cruelty, there would be more Pokemon-- attacking--humans.
Before Pokeballs are evented, what can a puny human do something to a rampaging Hydriegon?

EonDragonFTW
24th March 2013, 4:59 AM
There would be almost no Pokemon cruelty until we invent the poke ball. Cuz they can easily kill us.

The Master Chief
24th March 2013, 6:10 AM
Oh most definitely >_> heck it happened in the anime so what makes you think we won't do it. Plus we have trainers who mass breed and just stockpile un-used pokemon in PC's which kinda resembles caged breeding D:

Colt45
24th March 2013, 7:03 AM
Honestly, Pokemon in general would be regarded as too cruel in real life. I mean think about it, you're forcing these creatures into solitary confinement for most of their days in a six inch ball, and making them fight to the KO by making them scorch each other in flames, drown each other, and zap each other with 10000 volts of energy. All this, and pokemon seem to be as intelligent as humans. Truly, I think pokemon as we know it would be unacceptable in the real world, as much as I'd love to experience it :/

Cyrius
24th March 2013, 7:18 AM
Honestly, Pokemon in general would be regarded as too cruel in real life. I mean think about it, you're forcing these creatures into solitary confinement for most of their days in a six inch ball, and making them fight to the KO by making them scorch each other in flames, drown each other, and zap each other with 10000 volts of energy. All this, and pokemon seem to be as intelligent as humans. Truly, I think pokemon as we know it would be unacceptable in the real world, as much as I'd love to experience it :/

Adding to this, this could lead to a war vs pokemon and humans, and possibly the world wpuld be taken over by pokemon since our weapons are inferior to their abilities.

SO yeah. its inevitable.

WildHennaCharizard
25th March 2013, 1:22 AM
Yes there whould be Pokemon cruelty if they were real and existed in the real world. But in the same world with humans that are cruel to Pokes there whould be humans that are kind to them and treat them with respect. There whould be Pokemon adoption agentgies, Pokemon cruelty ivestgtors, Pokemon sitters... If we have it in our world it can easily be tranfered to a Pokemon filled one; both the good and the bad.

RedJirachi
25th March 2013, 2:14 AM
Considering Lance can fire a Hyper Beam on a Rocket agent and it just remarks on the power, and Alder can jump off a cliff, its safe to say people in Pokemon are far tougher than we. In fact its theorized in-universe that humans and Pokemon are related.

Since Pokemon like to fight, I'm assuming Pokemon abuse in this case is when its too one-sided. If you send a Lv 100 Salamence to Hyper Beam a Lv 1 Sunkern, that's being sadistic.

☭Azimuth_055☣
29th March 2013, 5:46 PM
Only the villanious teams come to mind...

pikadon92
29th March 2013, 6:00 PM
I thought smogon should give you a hint.

Mew The Gato
29th March 2013, 8:22 PM
In Pokestar Studios, in one of the Movies of the Everlasting Memories series, it is said that Pokemon are actually creatures which like to fight. Also, Pokeballs can actually be a method of expressing the competence of a trainer, instead of forcing the Pokemon to join them. It explains why it is harder to catch Mantike than Zekrom/Reshiram.
Zekrom/Reshiram actually chose the Hero of Ideals/Truth and so they are fairly easy to catch. In the Anime, Snivy was in a visibly good condition and would have been able to continue the battle with Ash's Pidove, but instead, she gave a smile before allowing herself to be caught. Also, she left her trainer, because she considered the trainer incompetent. Master Balls always catch the Pokemon because simply having such a rare item as a Master Ball is a sign of the trainer's skill. Also, in the Anime, Pokeballs are shown to be quite easily broken, as Ash's Snorlax's Pokeball broke simply because he dropped it.

Heliotrope
29th March 2013, 8:27 PM
Pokemon is already cruel: you capture wild, seemingly sentient animals and force them to fight against each other for your own entertainment. How is it NOT cruel?

Atratus
29th March 2013, 8:37 PM
There might be some cases, but I don't think it would be a very big problem. This is because unlike animals, pokemon have superpowers. They can easily kill a human being, or evolve into something that can kill a human being.

Mew The Gato
29th March 2013, 8:39 PM
Pokemon is already cruel: you capture wild, seemingly sentient animals and force them to fight against each other for your own entertainment. How is it NOT cruel?

Pokemon might have as well chosen their trainers (read my above post). Also Pokemon are a species which like to battle. (Read my above post).

Pogaymon
29th March 2013, 10:43 PM
When discussing about cruelty in Pokemon, the first thing that comes in my mind is the episode #008, The Path to Pokemon League. In this episode, Ash encounters a trainer that was used to force his Pokemons into a hard training. It was such an agressive enviroment and the Pokemons didn't have any way to avoid that situation. Despite the boy being a lot severe, his Pokemons were quite strong at all.

Anyways, cruelty in general isn't seen in the anime. That should touch people and I think the creators want to avoid that if you consider that the major public is composed of children.

MuseHarmonia
30th March 2013, 2:54 PM
Oh my god.
This is horrible, but it would happen.
That's the problem with people these days...
But, then again, Pokemon can attack people, so self deffense.

remybutton
31st March 2013, 4:57 AM
All the fire starters being abandoned due to weakness always hurt me.

Cyrius
31st March 2013, 8:02 AM
There is never true peaqce in the world, so why would adding pokemon change that? it could lead to even more cruelty

Nutter t.KK
31st March 2013, 3:18 PM
Thread bumped.