PDA

View Full Version : Zekrom Donk in Beginning Stages

Lennyx
26th April 2011, 3:18 PM
I got a new deck now. I ended up taking the old one and built Glylock out of it, using Glyscor and Flygon Lv.X. Placed 12th at Regionals. Ooh Rah.
But now, with the new Black and White cards just come out. I took some time this morning to sit down and construct something that could possibly have some attention. The loss of Stormfront Sableye kinda hurt this strategy. Just lemme know what you think guys, okay? Be blessed.

Pokemon 20
4 Zekrom
3 Pachirisu (C.O.L.)
2 Shaymin (Celebration Wind)
2 Reuniclus
2 Duosion
3 Solosis
4 Sableye (Until July 1st)

Trainers/Supporters 25
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Energy Switch
4 Energy Search
2 Switch
4 Seeker

Energy 14
14 Lightning

SkittyOnWailord
26th April 2011, 4:56 PM
Well if you're going to get Zekrom active and with energy then you'll probably want an Unown Q to free retreat your active if you don't start with Zekrom. Switch would be too hard to get in your opening hand since you can't search for it.
And why is Reuniclus there? I could see it being helpful late game, but then your deck wouldn't be as good at actual donking. Here is what I would change (until July 1st anyway).

-2 Reuniclus
-2 Duosion
-3 Solosis
-2 Switch
-1 Seeker

+2 Unown Q
+1 Regice
+1 Collector
+3 Pokegear
+3 Victory Medal (filler)

kris198921
26th April 2011, 8:30 PM
why not add a couple revive or proffessor juniper

Lennyx
27th April 2011, 2:54 PM
Man, we're gunna lose so many good cards this rotation. The game is taking a pretty interesting turn now that SP Decks and A.M.U. are gone.

Lennyx
27th April 2011, 2:57 PM
I sent out Reuniclus for Damage Counter control. Since you mainly want to keep some damage counters on Zekrom for the Outrage attack. You dump out Reuniclus for damage counter management. Then you dump them onto Pokemon on your bench, and then use Seeker and take them off. Kind of an old SP thing.

ven?
28th April 2011, 7:27 PM
Umm, isn't this really sableye donk using the zekrom to basically nullify a sableye donk by you're opponent?

Suggetion's: This might be pretty slow considering that you have no energy to use sableye and just ends up being your first death so you might as well put in a twins just in case, as a suggestion put down some rescue energy just in case you have to deal with donphan (which should be more then happy because of this deck), and since your only useing 7 supporter's consider using IQ to increase the amount of energy perhand, increase's the useagae of pachirisu ability considering it needs 2 energy to run and energy restore due to energy kick deck's or you could make an engine out of energy restore, energy, and junk arm. peace

Lennyx
29th April 2011, 5:52 AM
I just faced two Donphan Primes today. Though I ended up pulling off a double victory, Donphan Prime proved to be an absolute tank. Any good solid set ups you'd recommend for this. I'm thinking of running Ruins of Alph to dump the resistance.