PDA

View Full Version : Battle Haxway

Pages : [1] 2

KyuremLegend
28th April 2011, 8:57 PM
Hi. About the Battle Subway. Don't you find it really frustrating when your attack with 85% accuracy misses three times in a row on the LAST Pokémon of the 7th battle ? Doesn't it seem like the opponent's team gets much more luck ? If you have any frustrating experiences, write them here :)

Sizerdrix
29th April 2011, 2:18 AM
The number of times I've lost to a sheer cold/fissure/rest/sleep talk walrein is a joke. But it's not just bad luck. They really do fix the odds against you a little bit more in the tower/subway areas.

KyuremLegend
29th April 2011, 12:10 PM
Do your odds go down on battle 7 ? Because mine do :D

cantab
29th April 2011, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure it's been proven, but I too have heard claims that the odds are changed.

Whether they are or aren't, remember that it only takes one bit of bad luck to end your streak. Therefore, a good Subway (and Tower/Frontier) team needs to minimise its exposure to luck. For example, Fire Blast is just fine in competitive, and in normal in-game play, but in the Subway you're probably better off with Flamethrower.

(Take my advice with a pinch of salt; I've never had any success in the Subway, but then I haven't really tried.)

Trainer Frankie
29th April 2011, 2:07 PM
I don't have much bad luck if I recall. I only really did a lot of the regular single battles though.

The only thing that seems messed up is how it seems opponents wake up from sleep faster than mine do. It's like if they're asleep and take damage, the next time they move, they wake up. If they stay sleeping for three turns, that's lucky.

Lorde
29th April 2011, 9:28 PM
I've only competed at the Battle Subway a few times so far, but it hasn't seemed all-that different from the other battle facilities I've encountered. There are some moments that make me want to rip my hair out of my skull, but that happens all the time, so it's nothing new to me lol. I'm pretty much used to having bad luck, so I tend to expect the worst when I'm at the Battle Subway. There's not much I can do but try my best.

RVD_fan
29th April 2011, 9:39 PM
I've definitely had my fair share of bad luck in the subway, but that's Murphy's Law for ya.

RedMage23
29th April 2011, 9:47 PM
I've pretty much gotten past whatever Hax the battle subway can throw at me. The only real way I lose is if they throw cheap **** like Garchomp with Outrage. I don't really do the Battle Subway anymore because even if I did get to 49 wins, I'd never be able to do the same on doubles for the trainer card thing. Plus, there's nothing I really need to get with BP anymore.

Motorized
29th April 2011, 11:35 PM
I remember a time when I was in the Multi Train. I busted out a Metagross and Hilda threw out a krookodile. She used earthquake and cost us the match since the opposing team had an air ballooner and a flying type. Another Battle Haxway moment was a pokemon using doubleslap got a bunch of crits....I'm starting to hate this place.

AuraChannelerChris
30th April 2011, 12:36 AM
Darned Hilbert used Earthquake and killed off my Lucario. Bastard Hilbert left with a smile that I wanted to rip out.

XXD17
30th April 2011, 12:44 AM
It's been like this for the battle facilities from generation 3 and on...it just seems that no matter how well you EV train a poke, the opponent will always pull out a that is faster than yours and take you out...I mean really are there really garchomps out there that aren't scarfed and are faster than a max speed mienshao?! Also, the opponents in these facilities have way more luck with haxes and OHKO moves...and the last one is always the hardest to beat...

DestroyerOfWorlds
30th April 2011, 1:11 AM
Oh, dear god SO MUCH HAX. My Battle Subway lead is Ghidorah the world's fastest Hydreigon. Most of my challenges on Super (even the first one!) have started with a Pseudo-legendary not named Tyranitar.Thankfully, I'm faster than all of the Dragon sets I've seen thus far, and while Metagross's berry keeps Flamethrower from OHKOing, so far they all start with Magnet Rise. The next thing to come out is usually a bulky water type... which my team (Hydreigon, Volcarona, Carracosta) has a very hard time dealing with, seeing as I lack Grass-type moves and my only electric attack is... Charge Beam. In sum, most of the matchups I've faced were bad ones.

Hejiru
30th April 2011, 2:53 AM
I think I remember hearing someplace that the NPCs in the Battle Subway really do cheat. The game increases their odds of gettings critical hits, lowers the chance of missing, that kind of thing.

Final
30th April 2011, 10:44 AM
Hi. About the Battle Subway. Don't you find it really frustrating when your attack with 85% accuracy misses three times in a row on the LAST Pokémon of the 7th battle ? Doesn't it seem like the opponent's team gets much more luck ? If you have any frustrating experiences, write the here :)

I've had Focus Blast miss 5 out of 5 times in a row, Stone Edge 4 times in a row, Fire Blast 2 or 3 times in a row. Yeah, it's really frustrating which is why I steer clear of moves that generally like to be a pain and miss all the time unless they're absolutely needed like Fire Blast on my non-Swords Dance Garchomp or Focus Blast with Sceptile (which for some stupid reason generally hits). And this isn't limited to the Battle facilities. In-game and WiFi Battles aren't an exception.

I think I remember hearing someplace that the NPCs in the Battle Subway really do cheat. The game increases their odds of gettings critical hits, lowers the chance of missing, that kind of thing.

I wouldn't doubt it. The amount of streaks I've lost because of a simple crit or status hax. Not to mention stupid stuff like Thunder or Fire Blast for them never seeming to miss.

Uberpolychrome
30th April 2011, 11:54 AM
It seems like they stack the odds against you pretty heavily, I can never get past battle 21 because he's always got the perfect type counter to my first two pokemon, even when I change them

KalenArleth
30th April 2011, 12:01 PM
It seems like they stack the odds against you pretty heavily, I can never get past battle 21 because he's always got the perfect type counter to my first two pokemon, even when I change them

the 21st battle is the only one I prep for :P Thankfully Serebii has a list of what Pokemon the subway bosses use. In fact...I design my team just to take out the boss xD

I've had more pure acts of luck than experience haxs.
my Tyranitar gets hi-jump kicked? Left on 1HP (without focus sash, etc) Sweeps the rest of their team.

X-scissor missed my Hydreigon? Awesome, commence epic sweep.

Although, I must admit...Sometimes the enemy Pokemon are a bit too fast...

KyuremLegend
30th April 2011, 10:46 PM
My team is absolutely INCAPABLE of taking down that Musharna ... Hypnosis never seems to miss. And Focus Blast has 70% accuracy. That should mean that more than 7 out of 10 times, it hits, right ? Not mine. And OHKO attacks are just silly ... There aren't any Pokémon capable of resisting a OHKO, no matter how great the team is.

Final
30th April 2011, 11:25 PM
My team is absolutely INCAPABLE of taking down that Musharna ... Hypnosis never seems to miss. And Focus Blast has 85% accuracy. That should mean that more than 8 out of 10 times, it hits, right ? Not mine. And OHKO attacks are just silly ... There aren't any Pokémon capable of resisting a OHKO, no matter how great the team is.

Focus Blast has only 70% accuracy but yeah, the AI's seems to never miss. Also, Musharna doesn't particuarly like my Scizor's Bug Bite after a Swords Dance. But yeah, Hypnosis is a pain. I always seem to get hit by it while my event Mew's misses bloody 6 or so times in a row before hitting.

RedMage23
1st May 2011, 6:38 AM
As someone who uses Musharna, I can tell you it's extremely durable. My Musharna lived a Belly Drum'd Flame Charge from Charizard.

Final
1st May 2011, 10:10 AM
As someone who uses Musharna, I can tell you it's extremely durable. My Musharna lived a Belly Drum'd Flame Charge from Charizard.

Flame Charge isn't very powerful though (50 base power. 75 after factoring in STAB).

KyuremLegend
1st May 2011, 11:28 AM
85 Base Defense isn't really that great ... it has got 116 HP, though.

RedMage23
1st May 2011, 9:53 PM
Flame Charge isn't very powerful though (50 base power. 75 after factoring in STAB).

It's frakking Belly Drum'd... I also have other ridiculous situations that my Musharna survived, but I can't remember the specifics.

Doomdoom
1st May 2011, 10:46 PM
The best move to keep in handle. is Thunder wave!! Thunder Wave and Thunder wave.
I taught my ferrethorn Thunder wave, leech seed, protect and Power Whip, since it can survive almost any hit. lol I i have thunder wave on my lead Latios. and My main Sweeper is Scrafty with ice punch, drain punch, crunch and dragon dance, its best to use two dragon dance to outspeed EVERYthing.

Sigh.. the hax!
I had two more pokemon left Scrafty and Darmanitan, the AI had two a gardevior and another pokemon. I sent out Darmanitan because i Knew It can 1HKO gardevior.. and i was Scarf. I used Flare Blitz.. it misses, WTF!!!! than she use Focus Blast It connects.. i was down to 50hp and used Flare Blitz again and it misses! she KOed me with another focus blast. I sent out Scrafty and used Dragon dance because i knew i couldnt outspeed her, and i was praying she misses a focus Blast .. which she didnt! :(

pokepon
1st May 2011, 11:44 PM
I can't say I disagree. Either the opponents really do have better odds than you do, or a lot of people who play this game have really bad luck. I went in with Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Garchomp. A Vaporeon with a Quick Claw killed all of them. And yeah, nothing the opponents use ever misses.

But the Battle Institute is even worse. The first person is always really easy, with pokemon like Oshawott or Pidove. Then the second guy comes at you with Zapdos and Salamence.

KyuremLegend
2nd May 2011, 12:07 AM
I use the Serebii trainer catalogue, and EVERY time the opponent's Pokémon has a Quick Claw, it works at least once, at just when they need it (unless of course I OHKO it). But that might just be me.

And I hate that Vaporeon.

Once, a Glaceon (:D) was using Frost Breath, and it got critical hit like seven times in a row ... I was like WHAT IS THIS HAX O_o

Then I looked it up on Bulbapedia :D
EDIT : And that's when I realized it always got Critical Hits.

Aquarelle
2nd May 2011, 4:20 AM
The Battle Subway hasn't been nearly as haxy for me as the Battle Towers/Frontiers of previous games. The worst hax I've had is my opponent getting a couple of critical hits in a row that *almost* cost me the battle. Other than that, it's been surprisingly easy.

Then again, I haven't battled on the subway that much. I've only really done the first 21 battles on the singles line and that's it. I'm sure that when I rack up a higher streak I will experience much more annoying hax. That's what has happened to me on *every* other game with a tower and/or frontier after all.

Aura Flare Riolu
2nd May 2011, 4:33 AM
I use the Serebii trainer catalogue, and EVERY time the opponent's Pokémon has a Quick Claw, it works at least once, at just when they need it (unless of course I OHKO it). But that might just be me.

And I hate that Vaporeon. Once, it was using Frost Breath, and it got critical hit like seven times in a row ... I was like WHAT IS THIS HAX O_o

Wait...are you sure it was Vaporeon or Glaceon because Vaporeon doesn't learn it. Plus I looked in the Battle Subway data and Frost Breath isn't on Vaporeon, it is on Glaceon though.

As for me, well I don't really go in the Battle Subway much but...not what the opponent did, what I did was a battle ended in 5 turns and 4 of those turns, My Emboar's Quick Claw activated including 3 times in a row.

BTW, who's faced those Metronome using Walrein and Donphan? XD

DarumakkaImposter
2nd May 2011, 4:35 AM
it seems that alot of people are havin trouble with EV trained pokemon are being out sped/attacked by Battle Subaw's pokemon.............i have the sme problem. 2 of my pokemon (including an EV trained Ninetails) got wiped out by a freaking tynamo!

Stupid tynamo. i almost lost too...thak you dragonite!

KalenArleth
2nd May 2011, 4:41 AM

And I hate that Vaporeon. Once, it was using Frost Breath, and it got critical hit like seven times in a row ... I was like WHAT IS THIS HAX O_o

Pretty sure it was Glaceon..

Also...I'm surprised you missed this...Frost breath has 40 Base damage, and ALWAYS hits for a crit. ALWAYS, EVERY SINGLE TIME :P
It's not hax if it's mean to be like that, :P

shotdown911
2nd May 2011, 5:44 AM
The number of times I've lost to a sheer cold/fissure/rest/sleep talk walrein is a joke. But it's not just bad luck. They really do fix the odds against you a little bit more in the tower/subway areas.

OHKO moves should definitely be banned if I can't use mewtwo.

Aura Flare Riolu
2nd May 2011, 6:38 AM
^ Or Victini! I really wanted to use Victini in the Battle Subway but it's banned. Heck it's even banned on Pokemon Global Link :|

watsonlew
2nd May 2011, 7:09 AM
You are Go to find the Two Sages, join the meta-game, Battle Haxway, complete the Pokédex, fight Cynthia/Morimoto, get the plates, and go to the Spirit Tower place and see Alder. Beat E4 + Alder.

AuraChannelerChris
2nd May 2011, 7:30 AM
By now, the Battle Subway is a place where you can mindlessly charge in with any Pokemon party. EV training be damned!

Final
2nd May 2011, 8:20 AM
It's frakking Belly Drum'd... I also have other ridiculous situations that my Musharna survived, but I can't remember the specifics.

A 50 base power move is still weak. It's only getting hit by the equivalent of a 4x (since a 6 stage boost multiplies the user's stat by 4) Super Effective STAB Flame Charge which is the equivalent of a STABed 2x Super Effective Stone Edge (150 base power x2). It is also coming off a slightly above average at best base Attack stat. I wonder if it will survive a +6 Fire Punch.

Also...I'm surprised you missed this...Frost breath has 40 Base damage, and ALWAYS hits for a crit. ALWAYS, EVERY SINGLE TIME :P

The fact it always Crits means it always ignores Special Defense boosts gained as a result of Calm Mind as critical hits ingore stat boosts. Otherwise it sucks.

KalenArleth
2nd May 2011, 8:40 AM
The fact it always Crits means it always ignores Special Defense boosts gained as a result of Calm Mind as critical hits ingore stat boosts. Otherwise it sucks.

Aye, I was simply commenting on the fact that the person I quoted was exclaiming that Frost breath hit with seven-crits in a row :P Which would be because it always hits for a crit, and what that means. Which of course we both know :P

XXD17
2nd May 2011, 9:25 AM
I counter the hax with....brightpowder!!!!! and it can actually work...it allowed my crustle to set up two shell smashes which was more than enough to sweep anything...

KyuremLegend
2nd May 2011, 12:08 PM

I know that :) That's why I said "Then I looked it up on Bulbapedia :D"

I didn't know the first time though ...

Oh yes and it was Glaceon, for some reason I remember it being Vaporeon ...

RedMage23
2nd May 2011, 1:56 PM
A 50 base power move is still weak. It's only getting hit by the equivalent of a 4x (since a 6 stage boost multiplies the user's stat by 4) Super Effective STAB Flame Charge which is the equivalent of a STABed 2x Super Effective Stone Edge (150 base power x2). It is also coming off a slightly above average at best base Attack stat. I wonder if it will survive a +6 Fire Punch.

Okay... I didn't EV it AT ALL in Defense. That impressive enough for you yet?

Doomdoom
2nd May 2011, 2:42 PM
I had another Battle..
Darmanitan was my last pokemon and the Ai had nidoqueen..
I used Flareblitz.. FYI my darmanitan have 211attk? i know it have max attk and sheer force will give it some boost, plus STAB.
The Nidoqueen survive with 1HP with no focus Sash WTF! and KOed me with Earth Power :(

KyuremLegend
2nd May 2011, 4:55 PM

Then surely Flame Charge couldn't have been that powerful ...

Even with Defense beneficial nature, it would only have max 223 Def on level 100 (with 31 IVs). Did you put 252 EVs in HP ? I'm guessing you did.

The Eleventh
2nd May 2011, 4:58 PM
Glad it's not just me. SO MANY CRITICAL HITS! There have been so, so many times when I was about to win a streak, and critical hits cause me the battle. It really is a Battle Haxway. );

KyuremLegend
2nd May 2011, 6:52 PM
I just lost to that Vaporeon ...

Then I started double battles and on battle 7 I lost. First my Reuniclus missed Focus Blast (fine), then the foe's Lapras survived Power Whip from my Ferrothorn with about 1 or 2 HP. Then the foe's Abomasnow's Blizzard froze my Reuniclus, and got Critical Hit on Ferrothorn which KOed it. Then my Reuniclus was frozen solid, Abomasnow used Blizzard again with another Critical Hit on Reuniclus, which KOed it. Lapras, still with one HP, used Ice Beam on Garcomp. Then it was my Salamence VS Lapras and Abomasnow, and with Trick Room still going, haha ... I only got to hit once. It's always on battle 7. I HATE HAX !

Plat. Frontier
2nd May 2011, 6:54 PM
NEVER switch out during the Victory Road battle with Cheren. I nearly lost my team when I did that. I wanted to go in the game and rip Cheren's throat out. Serperior = Major HAX.

KyuremLegend
2nd May 2011, 7:14 PM
I think the extra Hax is just in the Battle Subway ...

sea_boy21
2nd May 2011, 7:26 PM
yes the subway is really hard and it annjoyed me alot of times..
it took me like 8 encounters to beat the boss on the 20th battle and lost to the 21th one.
But after i EVd 3 pokemon it seemed abit easier(all had +252 speed +252 attack) so i didn't have problems outspeeding them.
And after i beat the 1st boss on single train i moved to super single train and got owned on the 2nd/3rd battle O.O

Final
2nd May 2011, 8:24 PM

Flame Charge is still not that powerful even after taking into account STAB. Hell, my Garchomp's +2 Fire Fang can't kill Skarmory in a single hit despite being Super Effective but a 2HKO is the best I can hope for with it anyway so its not a big deal to me since Skarmory can't damage Garchomp quick enough anyway. See. Stat boosts aren't everything but then again, Garchomp is quite powerful and Skarmory is quite Defensive but an example of where stat boosts don't necessarily mean everything. But still, without it, I'd have to use a riskier move like Stone Edge or Fire Blast to achieve the same result.

I just lost to that Vaporeon ...

Then I started double battles and on battle 7 I lost. First my Reuniclus missed Focus Blast (fine), then the foe's Lapras survived Power Whip from my Ferrothorn with about 1 or 2 HP. Then the foe's Abomasnow's Blizzard froze my Reuniclus, and got Critical Hit on Ferrothorn which KOed it. Then my Reuniclus was frozen solid, Abomasnow used Blizzard again with another Critical Hit on Reuniclus, which KOed it. Lapras, still with one HP, used Ice Beam on Garcomp. Then it my Salamence VS Lapras and Abomasnow, and with Trick Room still going, haha ... I only got to hit once. It's always on battle 7. I HATE HAX !

Damn. Sounds like you had a horrible time there. 2 Ice types. One of which is bulky and you probably couldn't kill both in 1 single move quickly I'd imagine either.

Tomxc
2nd May 2011, 8:39 PM
The worst thing is after Battle 49 on Super Singles, all the opponents apparently have 31 IV's in all stats...

There are some very helpful statistics in this guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3398275&postcount=5

Here is also a post by someone who managed a 337 streak: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3450513&postcount=78

nahcmo
2nd May 2011, 9:02 PM
When my Pokemon get frozen, they take forever to thaw out.

When I freeze my opponent's Pokemon:
Milotic uses Ice Beam!
Roserade has been frozen solid!
Roserade thaws out!

When my opponent freezes my Pokemon:
Milotic uses Toxic!
Lapras uses Ice Beam!
Milotic has been frozen solid!
Milotic is frozen solid!
Lapras uses Surf!
Milotic is frozen solid!
Lapras uses Surf!
Milotic is frozen solid!
Lapras uses Surf!
Milotic is frozen solid!
Lapras uses Surf!

In this case, we were both on our last Pokemon. It's been countless turns of Lapras Rest-Sleep Talk and Milotic Recover-Surf.

Ugh.

Lorde
2nd May 2011, 9:12 PM
Haha, the Battle Subway trolled me yesterday. I went on since I was pretty bored with other stuff and I was able to make it to the third round before my opponent totally crushed me. They had two Pokemon with 1-Hit KO moves and that was just terrible. The worse thing is that I didn't have a chance to fight back since the 1-Hit KO moves managed to defeat all three of my Pokemon. That was just ridiculous. I'll need to watch out for those types of Pokemon from now on.

MetalFlygon08
3rd May 2011, 1:14 AM
The Trial house is even more haxy, since it chooses the next team to give your team trouble, so it has the advantage and the hax.

pickledArbok
3rd May 2011, 1:34 AM
I been trying to get battle points at the subway for EV items but its been really tricky because the majority of the people I face have a Pawniard, the only pokemon I can't beat with my team (on the first 7 battles) Ive only beat the first three gyms so my pokes are quite limited, they are Archeops, Crustle and Simisage, ive taught the last two dig but theyre holding shucca berries and my Crustles quick claw never works. Its so frustating.

E.Fayth
3rd May 2011, 3:18 AM
I have been through all of the battle subways except wi-fi and won them all I did have some trouble with the super subway which required multiple tries because of critical hits, flinches and surprisingly fast Flygons but you just have to keep trying the thing I have found is that the trainers leading up to the subway bosses are harder than the bosses themselves. The Flygon I had trouble with was faster than my 255 speed ev'd Naive Archeops and I don't know how. But most of the time I won with my Razor fang Haxorus with rock slide and my Life orb Chandelure.

rpgvillian
3rd May 2011, 6:00 AM
Last battle, with a ferrothorn with over half hp versus a 2x calm minded mandibuzz...all I had to do was take an air slash and iron barbs/rocky helmet would do the rest, then I could sweep the ground type he had in the wings... As he had >15% hp when I roared him out...

"mandibuzz used air slash!"

the Heath bar goes...goes...

"it's a critical hit!"

now my gold Zelda ds has a piece chipped off of it and the screen goes white if you hold a certain way :'(

XXD17
3rd May 2011, 6:16 AM
just got trolled pretty badly just now...i was using garchomp, gyarados, chandelure in the nimbassa battle facility I send out the gyarados (max speed, max attack, brave) and then a 'mence comes in I thought intimidate was enough to let me live any move so I use d-dance...the 'mence rock slides and I do live but then I chose to attack and that 'mence was still faster...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!...and it took out my gyarados...so then I thought it was scarfed so i send in garchomp...guess what?! It WASN'T scarfed and it was faster and used d-claw and took me out with a CRIT!!!! I mean if it wasn't a crit I definitely would have lived that...so then goes chandelure (scarfed) and it take out the 'mence with two shadow balls surviving the rock slide really well...and then in comes a SNORLAX...SERIOUSLY??!!!

Aura Flare Riolu
3rd May 2011, 7:39 AM
Oh great...it's like Crystal Battle Tower all over again. That thing was brutal! I could never beat it ever. Well Battle Subway isn't as hard as Gen 2 but the hax is increased by a massive amount. :|

SirMichael
3rd May 2011, 7:56 AM
Hey guys I know this is sort of random, but when battling on the Battle Subway do you gain anything from it other than BP? Cause I was wondering if I wanted to use Pokemon that I want to keep UT, would that negate it?

Like I have ASh's Pikachu and wanted to use it for BSW but don't wanna make it Non-UT.
Thank you

Tomxc
3rd May 2011, 8:16 AM
Hey guys I know this is sort of random, but when battling on the Battle Subway do you gain anything from it other than BP? Cause I was wondering if I wanted to use Pokemon that I want to keep UT, would that negate it?

Like I have ASh's Pikachu and wanted to use it for BSW but don't wanna make it Non-UT.
Thank you

You won't gain any EV's from Battle Subway if that's what you mean.

SirMichael
3rd May 2011, 8:24 AM
You won't gain any EV's from Battle Subway if that's what you mean.

Ok cool, so the end result means its fully untouched?
It's still Perfect. ahaha

ParaChomp
3rd May 2011, 8:41 AM
Garchomp will never take down my Ferrothorn. Dragon Gem + Critical hit + Outrage, damn, what luck!

Well, now Mamoswine will be able to take care of it.

Mamoswine used Ice Shard. Garchomp hangs on by a sliver of health and Mamoswine then faints to Outrage, son of a *****!

All I have is Reuniclus. The foe's Garchomp used Outrage. Critical hit! Mother of ****!

It's Battle Revolution all over again on top of that, it seems the programmers took word from Smogon and decided to spam Garchomp.

Sizerdrix
3rd May 2011, 2:42 PM
just got trolled pretty badly just now...i was using garchomp, gyarados, chandelure in the nimbassa battle facility I send out the gyarados (max speed, max attack, brave) and then a 'mence comes in I thought intimidate was enough to let me live any move so I use d-dance...the 'mence rock slides and I do live but then I chose to attack and that 'mence was still faster...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!...and it took out my gyarados...so then I thought it was scarfed so i send in garchomp...guess what?! It WASN'T scarfed and it was faster and used d-claw and took me out with a CRIT!!!! I mean if it wasn't a crit I definitely would have lived that...so then goes chandelure (scarfed) and it take out the 'mence with two shadow balls surviving the rock slide really well...and then in comes a SNORLAX...SERIOUSLY??!!!

Gyarados: Base speed = 81. Brave Nature (+ attack - speed). Max speed possible at level 50 (assuming 31 IV and 252 speed EV) = 119. x 1.5 from DD = 178 speed

Salamence: Base speed = 100. assume +speed nature. Max speed possible at level 50 = 167 speed.

Did you have a max IV too? Otherwise yes, that's impossible.

KyuremLegend
3rd May 2011, 3:10 PM
So much hax ... it's ridiculous. I keep loosing to 1 in a billion chances ... so the game says. Then I get frustrated and tell my parents just how unlucky I am. They don't care though :D

Haxorusfan
3rd May 2011, 4:35 PM
Yea the luck factor for your opponent is very high. What you want to do is use pokemon that don't move moves with lower acc. Use moves like EQ

Lorde
3rd May 2011, 8:43 PM
The Trial house is even more haxy, since it chooses the next team to give your team trouble, so it has the advantage and the hax.

That sounds a lot like the Battle Subway as well, only the Battle Subway doesn't automatically choose a team with an advantage. It's a lot more sneaky. It'll choose random teams for the most part, but then it'll choose a team with Pokemon designed to take your team down. I've noticed that it usually happens before you battle the Subway Masters. It's really annoying to have to face trainers like that so early in the challenge.

RedMage23
3rd May 2011, 9:50 PM
Right, it definitely seems like the Battle Subway to some extent tailors their teams to counter yours. I bring in a team with two ground types? Gee, there sure are a lot of Ice, Grass, and Water types today.

Tomxc
3rd May 2011, 10:38 PM
That sounds a lot like the Battle Subway as well, only the Battle Subway doesn't automatically choose a team with an advantage. It's a lot more sneaky. It'll choose random teams for the most part, but then it'll choose a team with Pokemon designed to take your team down. I've noticed that it usually happens before you battle the Subway Masters. It's really annoying to have to face trainers like that so early in the challenge.

By Subway Master, do you mean the 7th person on each train or the actual Subway Master at the 21st battle? I thought that one had the same predefined Pokemon each time?

hawkmbl
3rd May 2011, 10:40 PM
I just dislike when the trainers use dark pokemon when I have a psychic team. It's almost impossible to attack them.

Let's hope it does not happen with Shedninja, that pokemon always defeated me normally in the battle tower in DPPT....

Larry
4th May 2011, 12:49 AM
They always seem to have Pokemon to counter your team...

OMINAE
4th May 2011, 12:52 AM
This really doesn't have to do with the AI being cheap (not that I don't believe it is in the Subway) but just flat out bad luck on my part.

I was in the 6th battle against some trainer and I can't remember his first two pokemon but was up against a Bastiodon, final pokemon and my Infernape was knocked out, the only pokemon I really had that could do some hard damage to this thing, I think my Dragonite was in the middle of using Outrage from the prior Pokemon and the Bastiodon kept using Iron defense. Well my Dragonite made a dent in him but then I had to switch out to my Weavile to avoid confusion. The Bastiodon did nothing but keep using Iron defense, and both of my pokemon left were physical attackers with Aqua Tail being the only thing super effective and even that was barely hurting him.

So realllllly long battle short, all this thing kept doing was using Roar, and Rest, it was the most retarded battle I've ever been in, and I couldn't do anything except keep attacking him hoping he'd freeze from ice punch, but he kept switching my Mon's with Roar. So EVENTUALLY he finally ran out of PP's (thanks in part to Pressure) and after using up almost all of my Weavile's PP he finally went down after a good 15 minutes.

It was ridiculous.

Accipitri
4th May 2011, 1:11 AM
I experienced something similar last night. I only had my Exeggutor (Psyshock, Energy Ball, Substitute, Leech Seed) left and my opponent sent out a Meganium that spammed Rest, Double Team, Leech Seed, and Substitute. By the time its substitute was up it had double teamed so much I couldn't hit it, and I just wound up using attacks until Exeggutor struggled herself to death :|

XXD17
4th May 2011, 1:12 AM
Gyarados: Base speed = 81. Brave Nature (+ attack - speed). Max speed possible at level 50 (assuming 31 IV and 252 speed EV) = 119. x 1.5 from DD = 178 speed

Salamence: Base speed = 100. assume +speed nature. Max speed possible at level 50 = 167 speed.

Did you have a max IV too? Otherwise yes, that's impossible.

yes both gyarados and chandelure were maxed for speed EV's and IV's...Gyarados is brave and chandelure is modest...

Deesturbed
4th May 2011, 1:16 AM
3 crits in a row from double slap. -.- Really?

Might have been 2, I just know it was more than one and enough to kill a steel type with 40 hp left. :|

Lorde
4th May 2011, 1:22 AM
By Subway Master, do you mean the 7th person on each train or the actual Subway Master at the 21st battle? I thought that one had the same predefined Pokemon each time?

I meant that the game will always try to stop you from reaching the Subway Master. It'll come up with a team that has multiple advantages over your team. That's what I've noticed as I've battled in the Battle Subway. Because of that, I haven't been able to challenge Emmet or Ingo :x

Deesturbed
4th May 2011, 1:25 AM
I meant that the game will always try to stop you from reaching the Subway Master. It'll come up with a team that has multiple advantages over your team. That's what I've noticed as I've battled in the Battle Subway. Because of that, I haven't been able to challenge Emmet or Ingo :x

I've noticed this also, but a little more on the unfair side. Things that are "not very effective" first stage evolutions are coming close to 1 hitting my bulky guys and/or walls. My sweepers, who do just fine in any other "competitive" battling, can't 1 hit a STAB super-effective move with life orb and/or expert belt on a first stage evolution. Something is wrong. :|

Astral Shadow
4th May 2011, 1:28 AM
They get a bunch of crits and type advantages. Yet, I managed to get the super trains.

Accipitri
4th May 2011, 1:31 AM
I've noticed this also, but a little more on the unfair side. Things that are "not very effective" first stage evolutions are coming close to 1 hitting my bulky guys and/or walls. My sweepers, who do just fine in any other "competitive" battling, can't 1 hit a STAB super-effective move with life orb and/or expert belt on a first stage evolution. Something is wrong. :|

My Adamant, 31-attack IV Metagross's Meteor Mash was doing a suspiciously small amount of damage last night. Glad it's not just me.

hallstromjr
4th May 2011, 4:49 AM
I agree with all that Hax. I was on fire one day, I had a forty-something win streak. And some idiot with his Stallrein with Rest/SleepTalk/Sheer Cold/Fissure, hit one of my Pokemon with Fissure, then used rest and i took away almost all of its health coming to realize it had a Focus Sash on and used Sleep Talk which brought out Sheer Cold and killed my next Poke. Then my last Poke was to slow to go first, and Walrein, yet again, landed another Fissure and i said what the flocka.

Swagga09
4th May 2011, 5:37 AM
Yes, it pisses me off! my pokemon miss attacks like overheat but the opponets attacks like hydro pump, stone edge, thunder, etc hits everytime

RedMage23
4th May 2011, 5:52 AM
I managed to beat the Battle Institute despite them pulling Cresselia on me. I got one short of the maximum number of stars.

XXD17
4th May 2011, 6:18 AM
I managed to beat the Battle Institute despite them pulling Cresselia on me. I got one short of the maximum number of stars.

How do you get all the stars? I've actually managed to sweep through the whole facility once without losing a single poke (thank you serperior, haxorus, and chandelure) in any battle but i still got one less star...

RedMage23
4th May 2011, 6:25 AM
How do you get all the stars? I've actually managed to sweep through the whole facility once without losing a single poke (thank you serperior, haxorus, and chandelure) in any battle but i still got one less star...

It's based on how much damage you take, so if you can sweep through without taking much damage, you can get 7 stars.

XXD17
4th May 2011, 6:27 AM
It's based on how much damage you take, so if you can sweep through without taking much damage, you can get 7 stars.

..which is probably near impossible...

Lorde
4th May 2011, 7:07 AM

It's terrible, but I guess we shouldn't be too surprised here. This same formula has been used for 4 generations now, so it should be expected. I think the Battle Subway is a tad bit more tolerable than some of the other battle facilities, but it's still pretty bad when you aren't properly prepared.

KyuremLegend
4th May 2011, 7:50 AM

Seriously ? Not even the first time on battle 21 ? He wasn't very hard for me ...
and my team wasn't that strong.

SasakiThePikachu
4th May 2011, 12:11 PM
I hate it when the opponent manages to critical hit me 3 times in a row, and yet my critical-hit oriented attacks (e.g. nitght slash) don't get a critical hit. Not once.

I believe you are cheating, Mr Game.

MetalFlygon08
4th May 2011, 11:17 PM
..which is probably near impossible...

I got 7 stars, U-turn spamming between Hydreigon, Infernape, and Accelgor helpped keep damage to a minimum.

OMINAE
5th May 2011, 12:08 AM
Was just on my 28th battle and lost because my high jump kick missed in the most critical of all moments.

I'm running a trick room team, and my leader is slowking. The first pokemon I'm up against, oh look it's herracross, how nice. I use yawn, and luckily he misses his first mega horn so I got that off at least, the second time he 1-hit ko's me. I send scrafty out use bulk up twice and of course on the second one he wakes up and hits me, not bad damage and i used high jump kick to take him out, NOPE...miss. Next attack I'm down. Send Escavalier out, Iron defense, Swords dance, he gets 3 earthquake's out on me, I knock the Herracross out with one hit, but of course the next pokemon is Rhyperior. Rhyperior uses earthquake. It's over.

You know I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to start all the way back at the beginning for every loss with these battle tower/subway places. Why do the Japanese have to make everything so damn annoying and unforgiving?

xack
5th May 2011, 12:36 AM
i like the subway but the subway the way it is is a hax i used hydropump on my milotic on the subway boss and it missed all 5 times in a row and i lost cause of that.

jirachiuser1
5th May 2011, 3:23 AM
Just got completely Haxed by a Whimsicott on my 87th streak. My team Garchomp, Lucario and Togekiss against a guy with his first poke as whimsicott.

Whimsicott uses Double team
Garchomp used Fire Fang and it misses
Whimsicott uses Double team......
After doing this for 6 turns, it sub seeds me and spams Cotton Guard.

When I get a hit with fire fang, it does pathetic damage because of Cotton Guard times 3. It leech seeds it all back.The only time I got a hit was with the above fire fang everything else missed except Togekiss's Aura Sphere but it was too late...

Now I have to start over.............HATE YOU BATTLE SUBWAY!!!!

legendarypokemonmaster
5th May 2011, 3:41 AM
Yep, it's just as bad as the other incarnations of Battle Tower/Frontier.

Silent Conversation
5th May 2011, 3:42 AM
Personally I just find it really annoying how the first 6 battles are so pathetically easy, and then the 7th is 100x harder. I know they want to make the final battle harder than the rest, but making it THAT much harder is unrealistic and just doesn't make sense.

darkrai's_shadow
5th May 2011, 4:16 AM
i have found a pretty good team that works every time, latios (ev trained spd and sAtk, timid), volcarona (ev trained spd and sAtk, modest), and terrakion (ev trained spd and atk, naughty), works surprisingly well, the first thing i noticed were that i never had anything to take out swampert and quagsire, so i gave volcarona solarbeam and a power herb, problem solved, latios pretty much takes out everything in either a 1HKO or 2HKO, thanks to life orb, and everything else takes care of the rest, but on my 28th battle, i somehow got ch'd far too many times... currently on 21st battle, trying to go farther, but i doubt i will be able to, if its this haxed

XXD17
5th May 2011, 8:20 AM
I got 7 stars, U-turn spamming between Hydreigon, Infernape, and Accelgor helpped keep damage to a minimum.

nice...you probably got pretty lucky that they didn't spring a legendary set on you at the last battle...

Mr. pokedude
5th May 2011, 8:32 AM
You. Have. No. Idea. What. It. Does. To. Me. Got. It.?

AMagicalCone
5th May 2011, 9:07 AM
I just got haxed by a Stunfisk, thunderbolts my starmie (fair enough) but then manages to avoid my ferrothorns power whip, then uses fissure and surprise surprise it hits. Then my Mienfoos drain punch misses and I get hit by another fissure! You simply can't counter crap like that!

KyuremLegend
5th May 2011, 4:17 PM
I really don't like the way the use hax against you ... If your team's good, it's good, and you should be rewarded. There's no way you can prepare for Critical hits and OHKOs.

cannibaleyes
5th May 2011, 8:58 PM
Well, it wasn't on the Subway, but Cynthia's Milotic hit me with Blizzard 5 times in a row in normal weather, and froze me on the last one. -__-
I still won, though. XD

Throughout all the pokemon games, the battle tower/subway/playground/what-haveyou. things have always had an unreasonable amount of hax going for them. So, I'm not surprised that the subway is like that, too. It is really annoying, though, especially when it's the 7th battle that haxes you out. D=

KyuremLegend
5th May 2011, 11:02 PM
I agree. Hax goes up on battle 7. The amount of times I've almost lost to hax on the LAST battle is amazing ...

legendarypokemonmaster
6th May 2011, 1:02 AM
There is also a major jump between rounds 2 and 3. Last trainer on round 2 was easy, but the 2-3 trainer on round 3 destroyed me when I was using my in-game team.

azurimon
6th May 2011, 1:16 AM
There is also a major jump between rounds 2 and 3. Last trainer on round 2 was easy, but the 2-3 trainer on round 3 destroyed me when I was using my in-game team.

^This. It's very frustrating, haha. I would sweep the first two rounds but get booted out on the third. The trainers get much smarter at using moves.

OMINAE
6th May 2011, 3:51 AM
Love getting Novice rank in the battle institute after getting Elite 4 other times. Seems like the more you go through the Battle Institute the more the pokemon you're pitted against are favored against you, if you use the same team over. I lost 3 of the 5 matches on my last go through, and practically swept through it the first time I played through. Also it's amazing how many times I was up against Jolteon which clearly had over 349 speed because it was faster than my Weavile, and it knocked my Dragonite and Weavile out with swagger pretty much, because everytime I became confused I'd hurt myself, there was no doubt in my mind I would ever NOT hurt myself in confusion.

MetalFlygon08
6th May 2011, 4:31 AM
nice...you probably got pretty lucky that they didn't spring a legendary set on you at the last battle...

Actually, most of the Legendaries usable in there are weak to bug, so that's mainly why I was spamming u-Turn, unless a Pokemon that could know an Entry Hazard move was out, then I kill it before U-turning.

Rhonder
6th May 2011, 7:27 AM
though it's likely because I'm using 2/3 in game team, and 1/3 EV sweeper, I agree with the people who have pointed out the difficulty leap between the 2nd and 3rd rounds x-x before, with all in game pokes, I was able to make it just to the 3rd round, then lose out at the first of the 3rd. Now, I can make it almost all the way through the 3rd round, to like the 4th or 5th battle, then get haxed out. For instance, this last run I just did. got to battle... 4, and lost on their last poke because their mienshaoo just so happened to land that crit on my near full health Carracosta... like, it literally was missing like 10 hp lol. it totally should have survived and got the 2nd hit KO, but noooo. This makes farming pts so time consuming XD;;

legendarypokemonmaster
7th May 2011, 4:07 AM
I don't understand how they expect you to get points for everything, it's just unreasonable. At least TM's are reusable...

dragoniteKnight
7th May 2011, 4:15 AM
At least TM's are reusable...

like it matters, have someone hack you the items, theres only like 3 good tms anyways

KyuremLegend
7th May 2011, 2:54 PM
A good technique for the Subway is to use Ninjask with Sword Dance, Substitute and Baton Pass. Works well for me.

mario_fan
7th May 2011, 5:48 PM
I hate the battle subway there have been at least 2 occasions were I lost to hax
the first one was
me(2) vs someone(2)
he had a zweilious and I had a hydreigon he had like 10% of his health had 100% I was going to finish him off with a dragon pulse but his quick claw decided to activate and he killed hydreigon in one dragon rush and the killed my last pokemon bisharp using dragon rush...

then there was some one else he had 2 left and I had two left I sent out my electross and he had a basculin we were both at 100% health he went first and used water fall (which knocked a good 80% of my health down) and I flinched then he did it again and killed my eelectross. After that I finally killed it with my bisharp and then he brought out a amoongus I used x-siccor (thinking it was super effective) it didn't kill him then he spored me and spammed energy ball and killed bisharp........ I hate the battle subway

JDavidC
7th May 2011, 9:17 PM
I don't know how people manage to pull off 100+ win streaks in places like these. There's a strategy I'm thinking of: Whimsicott to screw over the enemy pokemon stat-wise and status-wise, followed by Ninjask to buff, and a Cincinno to spam multi-hit moves (and Dig for Steel types) to wreck everything, including Focus Sash/Sturdy use. The problems are: Stun Spore doesn't always hit, and Skill Link Mincinno/Cincinno doesn't exist yet (legally).

Even if I use pokemon with ideal natures and great IVs like Volcarona and Zoroark, they just can't cut it for long.

How on Earth I am supposed to pull off 100+ streaks in Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway?

WishIhadaManafi5
7th May 2011, 9:46 PM
It's been like this for the battle facilities from generation 3 and on...it just seems that no matter how well you EV train a poke, the opponent will always pull out a that is faster than yours and take you out...I mean really are there really garchomps out there that aren't scarfed and are faster than a max speed mienshao?! Also, the opponents in these facilities have way more luck with haxes and OHKO moves...and the last one is always the hardest to beat...

God I had that happen today in the Battle training facility. Haven't had such bad luck in the Battle Subway just yet.

Derp
7th May 2011, 11:25 PM
The person I was battling got 4 critical hits in a row!

But I still won =P

Psynergy
8th May 2011, 12:44 AM
A good technique for the is to use Ninjask with Sword Dance, Substitute and Baton Pass. Works well for me.

i've used this strategy. it's nearly flawless, until you get haxed by ice beam and the plethora of other moves there are. i still think palmer's cresselia had it in for me. stupid ice beam...

iamgr8
8th May 2011, 5:19 AM
they actually rig it to test u... i faced a cottonee that used double team three times... only an earthquake hit it... i swear they rig it though. Anyhoo... always bring a pokemon with a move that cannot miss. it is the only way(trust me, the only way) to win. Good luck to all!!!

Guuse
8th May 2011, 5:27 AM
...My highest streak is 74.....

KyuremLegend
8th May 2011, 11:09 AM
i've used this strategy. it's nearly flawless, until you get haxed by ice beam and the plethora of other moves there are. i still think palmer's cresselia had it in for me. stupid ice beam...

Yes ... I reached battle 49 in the Sinnoh Tower. But that Cresselia was so bulky, even with a Sword Dance (I used Ninjask with Sword Dance + Focus Sash + Protect), my Garchomp did nothing to it.

tombux
8th May 2011, 12:33 PM
fissure (or what the 1HKO ground move is) it hit three times in a row...

Final
8th May 2011, 1:54 PM
Yes ... I reached battle 49 in the Sinnoh Tower. But that Cresselia was so bulky, even with a Sword Dance (I used Ninjask with Sword Dance + Focus Sash + Protect), my Garchomp did nothing to it.

What moves was your Garchomp using and was it EV Trained? A +2 Crunch or Dragon Claw should be able to do good or decent damage to it but Ice Beam will at worst 2HKO (Cresselia will need near absolute max Special Attack and a Modest Nature to be able to OHKO Garchomp with it).

But yeah, Cresselia is bloody annoying. So damn hard to kill. You need something that Cresselia can't hurt that much that can also set up on it like Substitute Calm Mind Suicune or Curse Registeel.

fissure (or what the 1HKO ground move is) it hit three times in a row...

I've had Guillotine from a Gliscor hit 3 times consecutively completely sweeping my team as a result.

deceebs
8th May 2011, 2:07 PM
Ive gone through the singles train 4 times (up to 21 win streak each time) today with
- Hydra
- Nidoking
- Gallade

64BP not bad for a few hours of movie time/pokemon ;P

Excitable Boy
9th May 2011, 6:56 AM
For some reason, I always have hax on my side in Battle Tower/Subway boss fights. When I battled Ingo, his Crustle missed with Stone Edge, and my Yanmega was able to flinch his Garbodor with Air Slash.

I was using a mono-Flying on the normal Single line, if you care. Archeops/Dragonite/Yanmega, fock yeah.

XXD17
9th May 2011, 7:38 PM
Actually, most of the Legendaries usable in there are weak to bug, so that's mainly why I was spamming u-Turn, unless a Pokemon that could know an Entry Hazard move was out, then I kill it before U-turning.

but it seems like the legendaries that they like to spam the most, a piss me off big time, are the kami trio...I mean focus blast hitting every time they use it, really?! and even with U-turn I would believe Cress will still be a BIG problem...

Azulart
9th May 2011, 7:48 PM
Why is this thread actually called

Battle haxway? i dont understand its meaning really.

Ultimate Glalie
9th May 2011, 7:51 PM

Battle haxway? i dont understand its meaning really.It's called that because of the amount of bad luck people have while battling in it. Basically what the OP says.

JamesRaynor
9th May 2011, 10:03 PM
If I recall the odds change a bit when in the battle subway, the better you're doing the more the game 'compensates' for it. In addition to stronger opponents it also seems to change the odds that moves will hit or not. Let's also not forget that the frontier leaders have infinite PP too.

Personally I don't see why they bother to put in 'random' change mechanics, I mean if a move is not overpowered simply because you have to be 'lucky' with it is not good design.

KyuremLegend
11th May 2011, 7:26 PM

Battle haxway? i dont understand its meaning really.

Hax in this case is super good luck in the opponent's favor.

AuraChannelerChris
12th May 2011, 4:59 AM
So I'm going in to my Single Train run. Wish me luck.

Mr. pokedude
12th May 2011, 8:36 AM
I got up to Ingo or whoever it is on the single train first try. Tried again and got flogged.

TheFightingPikachu
12th May 2011, 6:01 PM
When I first tried to beat the Subway Boos on the non-super single train, my problem wasn't hax. Just for some stupid reason, I used a physical move to take the last one HP out of his Sturdy Crustle...even though I already had reason to suspect he held a Rocky Helmet! That was why I lost the match. The next time, I won because his Klinklang kept on using Gear Shift and didn't attack me!

Absol Wings
12th May 2011, 7:09 PM
Odds do change against you?! Well that's just plain unfair! >:-(

Soot-Fox
13th May 2011, 12:13 AM
I use focus blast alot and it seems to hit more often most off the time and its supposed to
be 70 whereas my night daze missis alomost as often at 95 ?

Robotic Wind
13th May 2011, 12:22 AM
I was on a subway run and out of nowhere an Archen destroys my Sigilyph and my Servine.

Then my Throh defeats it the following Herier and loses to a darn Yamask

...WHY COULD I FACCE A POKEMON THROH WOULD OF BEEN ABLE TO HURT!!!

Mister_SGG
13th May 2011, 12:25 AM
I keep making it to the 37th round where the same Trainer with the same Amoongus keeps sweeping my team.

Robotic Wind
13th May 2011, 12:30 AM
I'll try it again later tonight...

My team is tougher for teh results might be better

Excitable Boy
13th May 2011, 12:41 AM
I'll try it again later tonight...

My team is tougher for teh results might be better

May I suggest type diversity?

Doomdoom
13th May 2011, 5:40 AM
I made it to 28win streak so far with a trick room team in the super double.
My team is Porygon2, Conkledurr with Guts and flame orb, ferrethorn and darmanitan

yeminied
13th May 2011, 8:15 AM
I somehow managed to beat Emmet and Ingo in that double battle line with Hilda.

She used an offensive team, her Haxorus took out three out of their four Pokémon. It was funny seeing the AI partner doing something for a change and not screwing me over.

Twilight Gallade
13th May 2011, 8:38 AM
I think what gets me the most about the Battle Subway or any Battle Frontier-style area is that you can't just casually beat it. You HAVE to EV-train and all this stuff to even stay in the higher standings. I like a good challenge, but not if it takes forever to prepare for it.

On that note, I have at least beat the Normal Single Train with my team of casually-raised Pokemon after only 3 attempts. Even then, I mainly only do the easier fights in that same train so I can garner BP for items. I tried the Super Single Train, and I didn't even make it past the first Trainer's Cradily with that same team.

Furthermore, I too have had some accounts where the computer just gets so much luck hax it's stupid. I recall one battle where the enemy used Protect 5 times in a row without failing...all the while my Pokemon died to Toxic. It's one reason I carry a Steel type with me at all times now (thank you, Scizor).

LordLati
13th May 2011, 9:39 AM
I got grumpy the other day and decided to make a singles team to farm bp off the single line. I'm using a Hasty Mixmence, an Impish skarmory, and a conkledurr. they seem to get the job done, though I'm thinking of using a haxorus so I can attempt to 1 shot most opponents. I need an opinion; should I go with a choice band or a life orb?

Final
13th May 2011, 10:44 AM
I got grumpy the other day and decided to make a singles team to farm bp off the single line. I'm using a Hasty Mixmence, an Impish skarmory, and a conkledurr. they seem to get the job done, though I'm thinking of using a haxorus so I can attempt to 1 shot most opponents. I need an opinion; should I go with a choice band or a life orb?

Just make sure Haxorus has Mold Breaker as his ability (because Rivalry is unreliable and if you don't get the boost from it, Haxorus won't hit hard since it'll get weakened), an Adamant nature and is using Dragon Dance with Life Orb. Salamence can do sort of the same set but with a Fire move for stuff like Skarmory but being able to Earthquake Levitators thanks to Mold Breaker is very nice. It also blasts annoying Study Pokemons. Also make sure you have something that can get past Skarmory because Haxorus won't be getting past it with anything barring a +2 Life Orb or +3 Outrage.

Robotic Wind
13th May 2011, 5:23 PM
May I suggest type diversity?

I think I was refering to Sigilyph, Throh and Servine.

I tihnk I'll try again but this time with my Sigilyph, Scolipede and Throh

Bariosu
13th May 2011, 9:16 PM
I've lost so far to a Leavanny, Sawsbuck and iirc a Garchomp.
I think the first 2 losses annoyed me alot since they shouldn't be have been too hard to take down.

I;ve yet to fight something that induces sleep. I have a feeling a Musharna would ruin my day.

KyuremLegend
14th May 2011, 7:47 PM
I think I was refering to Sigilyph, Throh and Servine.

I tihnk I'll try again but this time with my Sigilyph, Scolipede and Throh

Those aren't exactly strong Pokémon ... Servine ? Didn't you mean Serperior ? I'm assuming they aren't EV trained, too.

Mister_SGG
14th May 2011, 8:37 PM
Those aren't exactly strong Pokémon ... Servine ? Didn't you mean Serperior ? I'm assuming they aren't EV trained, too.

As a matter of fact, Sigilyph, Throh and Serperior are pretty strong Pokemon, the latter of which is one of my favourite Grass-types.

AuraChannelerChris
14th May 2011, 9:01 PM
Let's make the subway a joke and do the Sandstorm Endeavor Sturdy Aron trick.

...Oh, wait. Level is capped at 50. Never mind.

FrostFlash
15th May 2011, 6:01 AM
My team of Haxorus, Ferrothorn and Dusclops usually loses around the 21st to the 28th battle, so I was kind of half hearted when I kept playing. Until I got some insane lucky streak and the same team got all the way till the 69th battle and lost to some random OHKO spamming Vanilluxe.

Robotic Wind
15th May 2011, 6:15 AM

I wasn't even at the sixth gym at that point...

I'll have a new good after I do some training...

Zuzu14
19th May 2011, 1:59 PM
Multi Battle Subway, Hilbert was my partner. My pokemon got killed off, and it was down to his Ferrothorn and Klinklang. And then Stufisk Fissured Ferrothorn. Thankfully it got killed.

Casty
19th May 2011, 2:10 PM
Does anyone know whether the good ol' TrickScarf + set-up sweeper strategy still works, or are NPCs a little bit smarter this time?

SomeoneIGuess
19th May 2011, 2:24 PM
Actaully the Haxway hasn't really haxxed me, I've been haxxing the coms. Lucky crits, Special Defense drop hax (Really, it happened 3 times in a row), Stone Edge barely missing when I need it, yeah.

Zuzu14
21st May 2011, 12:14 PM
Sigh. In the Super Single Subway, my Reuniclus missed 8 Focus Blasts in a row. Thankfully it was against a Bastiodon so my Conkeldurr Bulked Up and swept.

bippacooleth
21st May 2011, 5:17 PM
I haven't had too much trouble yet, especially compared to HeartGold's frontier.

However, last night, two things happened. On the Doubles Line (which I was completing to get the Super Doubles, having neglected this earlier), a Duosion's Quick Claw activated three times in a row, killing my Gengar.

Also, later on in the Super Doubles Line, my Vaporeon hit itself in confusion 5 times in a row, losing me the match I should easily have won. (My Dragonite was fainted by a Vanniluxe - it was mortifying.)

Mr G W
21st May 2011, 8:27 PM
I really hate missing focus blast 3 times in a row. But im also very lucky, stone edge missing my volcarona 2 times in a row =)

Quick claw can be a damned though, but also saved me many times, specially when i use slower pokemon.

I think the odds arent changed in battle subway. Sometimes i so lucky that i cant even describe.

Farfan
22nd May 2011, 1:10 AM
Well, when I was about to challenge the driver (I was on the 20th streak) guess which pokemon knocked my 3 pokemons (infernape, garchomp and dragonite)...

AMOONGUSS.

This guy used 6 double teams and I failed taunt 2 times a row, then failed flamethrower 3 times, he used ingrain, leech seed and mega drain, till I was down.

hekalopter
24th May 2011, 6:26 PM
Does anyone know whether the good ol' TrickScarf + set-up sweeper strategy still works, or are NPCs a little bit smarter this time?

It will take another turn or two, but they will switch out if locked into something useless (Twave, Light Screen, Heal Bell) - which totally defeats the point, but sometimes it takes them that extra turn and you can possibly set up; Substitute or Dragon Dance, ect.

But eventually there will be Shadow Tag Chandelure + Flame Charge & Calm Mind :)

Lorde
24th May 2011, 7:23 PM
I lost against Subway Master Ingo today. I had finally reached him, but his last Pokemon was more than I could handle. I honestly didn't expect to have such a hard time, since I had previously heard that the Subway Master's teams were fairly average. I looked at the teams as well, and I didn't think that I'd have trouble against a Crustle. That thing scored two critical hits in a row, which seems unlikely. Anyway, I'm going to start over, but I'm a bit upset that things have gotten worse for me on the Battle Subway.

PokeMEN
24th May 2011, 11:55 PM
I missed three times allowing an armaldo get 3 curses up in battle 14 in super singles...needless to say I lost -_-

Typhlosionvsworld
25th May 2011, 12:00 AM
I lost against Subway Master Ingo today. I had finally reached him, but his last Pokemon was more than I could handle. I honestly didn't expect to have such a hard time, since I had previously heard that the Subway Master's teams were fairly average. I looked at the teams as well, and I didn't think that I'd have trouble against a Crustle. That thing scored two critical hits in a row, which seems unlikely. Anyway, I'm going to start over, but I'm a bit upset that things have gotten worse for me on the Battle Subway.

I heard he was easy... how could you give him the chance to land three critical hits? Shoulda just killed him off.

mario_fan
25th May 2011, 12:25 AM
For some reason my entire team keeps getting swept by the same sturdy+ shell smash tirtouga.
I could swear my chandelure is faster even after 2 speed boosts

jamalarhino
25th May 2011, 3:33 AM
I won the single and double trains with the same team(gyarados,metagross,mienshao) then i tried the super trains and i lost to a team that my team could take care easily.
I got the power items so i don't go to the battle subway anymore

azurimon
26th May 2011, 11:34 PM
Did the super singles. The opponent attained three critical hits in a row, and a successive Quick Claw activation on their next Pokemon thrown in. My Pokemon also attacked themselves four times when Confused, resulting in them fainting when the foe took advantage of this. Why am I not surprised..

I went in circles with this guy's Quagsire. It kept using Rest, so I couldn't kill it when it dropped to low HP because it woke up then and used it again. Ended up using all my PP on my only two offensive moves. That was my last Pokemon too, so I just quit. .__. Too lazy to drop down to Struggle.

And that one Metagross keeps knocking out my entire team! D:

Witchan
27th May 2011, 12:20 AM
I nearly defeat my 28th opponent in the Super Single Train until most of my Pokemon (it was Darmantian, Hydregion, and Krookodile) got creamed by one lucky Pokemon.

King Lawliet
27th May 2011, 2:44 AM
I'm rather enjoying using my Scrafty with Big Root, Volcarona and Hydreigon/Ferrothorn in Super Singles. The amount of times Scrafty has just swept teams by himself has just made me fall in love with Scrafty and is now one of my favourite Gen V Pokémon

deoxysdude94
27th May 2011, 2:46 AM
yup. The "10% chance" is a lie. It's lower for you, higher for the CPU. At least it feels like it.

Excitable Boy
27th May 2011, 9:39 AM
Meh.

I've beaten the normal Subways for Single, Double, and Multi. I may have to try the Super Lines.

rocky505
27th May 2011, 9:44 AM
The first time I battled the subay master his Garbador never missed a single focus blast. Plus his Klingklang kept spamming it's signature stat up move and OHKOed my Hydreigon with Giga impact.

Vandslaux
27th May 2011, 1:55 PM
I ran a SS team in there of Tyranitar Garchomp Excadrill, and a Typhlosion OUTSPED my +nature Sand Rush Excadrill. I got hit with a Focus Blast to the face. Game over. Tyranitar took out Tauros, I took out Gengar with Tyranitar, Typhlosion OHKOed TTar with Focus Blast. Garchomp was OHKOed by Focus Blast on the Swords Dance, and Excadrill actually got outsped at essentially +2 Speed with a +Speed nature (Naive).

This is how much I hate the Battle Subway. Seriously, how does a Typhlosion without any Speed boosts outspeed something at +2?

ShadowDragon136
28th May 2011, 7:28 AM
Somehow made it to 42 wins in the Super Single train (prior to that it was only around the 20-23 mark). I was doing really well, until that Walrein Fissured my Suicune and then things just went downhill. I was using a team of Volcarona, Suicune and Garchomp. I used to run Haxorus instead of Garchomp but switched to have that extra Rock resistance... it's worked out very well.

metagrody6
28th May 2011, 6:04 PM
Not so much Hax but friggin Basculin! That thing is super strong and super fast, I don't get it. I do know about EV's by the way.

AuraChannelerChris
28th May 2011, 7:11 PM
Oh yes, Basculin are strong in their own right for some reason.

Donovansrb10
29th May 2011, 7:55 PM
Battle 20 of the Multi Train:
I almost 1 hit ko'ed this pokčmon, but then it uses head charge, A CRITICAL HIT on my full hp and 100 evs in hp Salamence. I send out my multiscale adamant dragonite, he sent out the evolution of Axew. "(Evolution of Axew) used Dragon Claw! Dragonite Fainted!" - I had 100 evs in hp plus multiscale! Why is the battle subway so mean!?! I'm sure it wouldn't of 1 hit ko'ed if it was a human opponent...

DarkGengar
30th May 2011, 4:45 PM
I made it to battle 46 on the Super Train last month, then the haxs murdered me.

-Unicorno-
30th May 2011, 5:06 PM
I lol'd at this while facing the subway boss.
Garbador used focus blast 5 times, each missing, what is the chance of that?

shmavik
30th May 2011, 5:16 PM
i win 18 battle in super single line with my team zoroark excadrill blaziken what team need to win 28 battle in super single line?

Mr G W
13th June 2011, 8:57 PM
Braviary with kings rock or razor fang in super multi train.

Braviary used Sky Drop. Krookodile flinched.
Braviary used Sky Drop. Eelektross is unaffected.
Braviary used Rock Slide. Eelektross flinched.

What are the odds? 1/4000 chance of this happening... or is it?

I still won anyway because Eelektross eventually used a wild charge.

Joe The Bow
14th June 2011, 3:51 AM
If it hasn't been for missing that one focus blast, I would have beat Ingo...

Psypert
15th June 2011, 3:43 AM
My TrickStorm team (Trick Room + Sandstorm) Got outslowed you could say, by a Furret My pokes were Bronzong, Hippowdown, Marowak and Rampardos all with 0 Speed Evs and some with -Speed nautres, WTH?

Hydreigon789
15th June 2011, 11:59 PM
This is a little weird. I used my Hydreigon against a Litwick and the Litwick won. How?
Confuse Ray.

Cerex
17th June 2011, 4:37 AM
I've never seen a Pokemon flinch as much as mine did when I went through the subway. It almost makes it worthwhile to walk with a Inner Focus Dragonite, because I just started screaming.

Hilijix
17th June 2011, 5:43 PM
The Super Subway lines seem to love Quagsire. Especially that darn Bulldoze/Rest/Sleep Talk Quagsire.

Electric
17th June 2011, 5:57 PM
Grr I lost to a freaking Pignite! God I'm so pissed at this game. I will be revenge by breeding to get a Speed Boost Blaziken with Baton Pass and other good moves. If the Battle Haxway can cheat, then I can cheat also by using Pokemon with unreleased movesets. (Yeah I know it's not legit, but I will go anything to beat the **** outta Ingo. **** his Crustle.)

SilverLugiaJ
17th June 2011, 6:23 PM
Battle Subway=Dishonest Trick

That's all I have to say.

mr.dragonite123
21st June 2011, 7:19 AM
i had one last battle to go until the super singles train, i was in with my regigigas and two joke pokemon(just useing them so i have 3 to enter with). i was soloing it when i have to fight a gurdurr and all of a sudden my zen headbutt misses like 5 times while he kept using low kick or that move that does more damage the heavier the opponent is, by that time i was allmost dead then finally i hit...only for him to live by a tiny sliver of hp and proceeds to kill me.

MajinYoshi
8th July 2011, 10:31 PM
I have had some hax both ways. I usually live with 3HP when I should have died, so do their Pokemon. My Stone Edges hit rarely, their Focus Blasts always hit.

SoraNight
9th July 2011, 1:39 AM
I hate the Battle Subway. On Multi Battle, I finally got to the Masters. They sent out Durant and Garbodor. I had a Darmanitan and Hilda had Krookodile. My pokemon was slower than his Durant. The Durant used rock slide. Darmanitan survived barely. Krookodile lost a little health. Both of my pokemon flinched from rock slide. Next turn, Darmanitan faint and Krookodile flinches AGAIN. Garbodor faints him. I send out Simisage and Hilda sends out Vanilluxe. X-Scissor and Focus Blast kills them. I didn't even hit them.

coolioness
9th July 2011, 1:46 AM
omfg i have a galvantula and I abuse the compound eyes + thunder, never missed except on wifi and battle subway

Vandslaux
9th July 2011, 2:08 AM
I haven't really had any hax, and I beat Excadrill Chandelure Haxorus Ingo.

jolteon135
9th July 2011, 2:23 AM
omfg i have a galvantula and I abuse the compound eyes + thunder, never missed except on wifi and battle subway
Compound eyes Thunder has 91 accuracy. It should miss about 1 out of 10 times.

coolioness
9th July 2011, 2:42 AM
Compound eyes Thunder has 91 accuracy. It should miss about 1 out of 10 times.

missed more then 1 out of ten, heh, I can tell you that

fschulze47
9th July 2011, 3:29 AM
Can't remember a specific instance, probably because hax happens. A lot. But, for players who do not play Wi-Fi, this challenge is perhaps the largest in the game they'll ever face, and I think the programmers try to level the odds of man v. machine by giving the machine more luck.

Nevlo
9th July 2011, 8:34 PM
Never had any luck probs lol

meh, up till now then, hope i wont encounter something like it...

Lazorchu!!
9th July 2011, 8:58 PM
I got a 17 battle streak going in with my T-tar, UBER Chomp(substitute, double team, sword stance, and dual chop), Evolite Clefariy With Gravity, Protect, metronome, and follow me, and my Dragonite with Sky drop. Sky drop glitch abuse FTW! if you SDG the biggest threat to your team, it will help you in the long run. of course, I get haxxed to death. And that and the national dex are the only things in the way of beating the game.

SapphireMemories
9th July 2011, 9:48 PM
The battle areas have always been hax ridden and probably always will be. But some things are stupid, eg. Walrein killing both of my last 2 Pokémon with Sheer Cold after we had missed our moves. The subway isn't as bad a the Battle Hall in the 4th generation games though because in there one bit of hax and you're gone.

legendary pkm master
9th July 2011, 10:51 PM
what's the mechanics for "avoided the attack"?
I didn't know ferrothorn was that agile

jle1076
9th July 2011, 11:00 PM
I have like a 70+ win streak in super doubles and super singles right now

Primal Crusader V
9th July 2011, 11:11 PM
No. I've tried the battle subway just once. It didn't really catch my attention as much as it did for the Battle Frontier (On my Soulsilver). The Battle Institute in Nimbasa City was hard, though. I lost 3 times. The 4th time, I won with a perfect score in Double Battles with my Emboar, Bisharp, Gyarados, and Ferrothorn. I see your point. It just depends on your strategy, not just your power. If you're referring to a real situation with a move that has 85% accuracy, I'd suggest you let that Pokemon learn moves like Double Team or Agility. Really, Agility does help if you use it carefully.

coolioness
9th July 2011, 11:16 PM
besides the point, just a story, it was my slowbro vs an alomolo (i think) and a jelicent, and it was a double battle!
slowbro used ice beam until the PP ran out on Jellicent, sadly right before it died, alomolo use dive on it healing it (water absorb ability), so he used surf and killed alomolo and him and jelli used moves that didnt even hit each othe like T-wave and trick room, Jelli ran out of PP and died by struggle..... Whew that was a long battle.

pokemon000hustler
10th July 2011, 3:36 AM
lol i thought this thread was about using haxorus or sumthin in battle subway

The Eleventh
10th July 2011, 4:19 PM
what's the mechanics for "avoided the attack"?
I didn't know ferrothorn was that agile
I'm pretty sure that "avoided the attack" is the same as previous generations' "attack missed". A different company translated Black and White than other main-games, so there are some changes. I'm not certain, but I'm very sure.

projectaumaan
10th July 2011, 5:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that "avoided the attack" is the same as previous generations' "attack missed". A different company translated Black and White than other main-games, so there are some changes. I'm not certain, but I'm very sure.

IIRC "avoided the attack" has to do with Evasion and "attack missed" has to do with Accuracy. Might be wrong though. :p

lucario44444444
12th July 2011, 2:04 PM
Dragonite used fire blast!!! it misssed
oppenent used double team, sweeps players team
Player loses a 77 win streak
player gives oppenet middle finger

Zoruagible
12th July 2011, 4:29 PM
Do your odds go down on battle 7 ? Because mine do :D

Mine does, I was supposed to have a advantage but I lost

Cerex
13th July 2011, 1:13 AM
I understand the reasoning of giving player a set of more challenging opponents, but the degree to which the hax is present in the Subway is kind of mind boggling. It's especially annoying because there is a reason why Focus Blast has 70/100 accuracy, or that critical hits are rare. Making so that it has the same accuracy as Thunderbolt or same critical hit rate as Ice Breathe is not necessary to make the game more challenging.

Hopefully this has been expressed to the developers and whatever the next game is they turn down the hax a bit.

MonkeyX
13th July 2011, 1:34 AM
Is it just me or does the battle subway seem to choose pokemon that it knows your team will have a hard time beating? Cause alot of the time the opponent has pokemon that easily counter mine

pwnapplez
13th July 2011, 3:33 AM
I've rarely been too unlucky, but the battle haxway changed that... There wuz this AI that got 3 CRITZ IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO THAT IDIOT HILDA USED SURF WHENTHE OPPONENT HAD A PIPLUP AND A DENIO< WHILE I HAD MY F**KING HEATRAN OUT!!!!! IM NEVER WASTING MY TIME ON THE BATTLE HAXWAY AGAIN!!!!!!!
(Almost)ALL CAPS RAGE:)

arceus7
13th July 2011, 5:12 AM
Yeah when yoru doing double battle always lead out with a hydreigon or a mienshao, faster you are the faster death is dealt

The Imposter
16th July 2011, 4:10 PM
In Battle Test( fifth battle) some guy's Garchomp protected 5 TIMES IN A ROW!!!!! 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When he failed, my Drifblim's Shadow Ball missed! I tried hiding under a sub, but sandstorm still hurt me. Is it supposed to do that? Anyhow, my Archeops Acrobatics'd it to hell(the chomp's only attacking move was EQ. Eventually he just started spamming Sandstorm.)

Edit: Same battle. Rakou uses Aura Sphere( it's at +6 Sp. Att, mind you) on a Hippowdon. IT SURVIVED. It survived a + 6 Aura Sphere from a Raikou. It put it into the YELLOW. THE MERE YELLOW. Then it used Earthquake, breaking my sub.

Guywhoiam
16th July 2011, 4:16 PM
In a random battle int the Super Single Line, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the enemies Pokemon had a Focus Sash! They can't do that, can they?

jolteon135
16th July 2011, 5:52 PM
In a random battle int the Super Single Line, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the enemies Pokemon had a Focus Sash! They can't do that, can they?

I'm not going to believe that unless you post a battle video. 2 of them probably had the ability sturdy and you thought they all had a focus sash.

The Eleventh
16th July 2011, 6:14 PM
Today, I decided to challenge the Subway just to get some BPs. A Garbodor had a Quick Claw, and it activated every single turn. >_< It kept using Body Slam, which - you can see this coming, right? - paralysed my Pokémon each time it used the move. I did manage to defeat it, though, with the help of my Chandelure's Rocky Helmet.

Casty
16th July 2011, 6:38 PM
I played BS for the last week to gather BPs for some stuff. I was pleasantly surprised that the AI (your partner's and opponent's) finally got some major upgrades. No more Earthquake spams from your partner when you have a grounded Pokemon on your side. No more cheap 2000+ streaks using TrickScarf Cresselia with Flash + 2 stat-uppers. Ha.

I use a cookie-cutter team of Scarf Rotom-W, DD Tar and Haxchomp and it works like a charm. I had beaten the Subway Boss on Super Singles Train, but unfortunately lost shortly after due to my own mistake. My current record is 55 battles iirc. I'll keep aiming for 100!

Guywhoiam
16th July 2011, 9:48 PM
I'm not going to believe that unless you post a battle video. 2 of them probably had the ability sturdy and you thought they all had a focus sash.

Fine, don't believe me. You opinion has no value to me.

Besides, I'm sure somebody else has encountered this somewhere else.

Excitable Boy
17th July 2011, 1:02 AM

Do you know what Trainer it was, or what Pokemon they had?

jolteon135
17th July 2011, 1:24 AM

I find it funny how so many people complain about things like "Being outsped by things that should be slower" or "trainers using 2 of the same Pokemon/item" but they never have a video to prove it.

We've all had those moments where we aren't paying complete attention to the battle and something that seems out of the ordinary occurs. But if you take a closer look there's always a logical explanation.

The subway certainly weights the RNG in the opponent's favor (they get more flinches, crits etc) but it never breaks any of the predefined rules/clauses.

Farfan
17th July 2011, 4:13 AM
Lost by hax! <_< an Amoonguss swept with my team! (Darmanitan, Gengar, Slowbro) he first managed to set up 6 Double teams! (I failed every Flare Blitz) then Ingrain, Substitute and Giga Drain. Also, it had leftovers.

Excitable Boy
17th July 2011, 4:16 AM
I've had three consecutive full paralysis and three consecutive Heat Wave misses in the same battle.

Naturally, I lost.

Yoshifan151
17th July 2011, 5:20 AM
EVERY TIME I am on my 15 battle (1st battle of round 3) the opponents come out with some crazy pkmn and they use like 1-hit KO moves, or draco meteor crap. Then, this guy had an Electrode (WTF) and he used Explosion. We both ran out of pokemon, but he won!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!?!?!?!??!?!?!? STUPID N00B!!!!!!!!!!

T.W.I.
17th July 2011, 10:04 AM
I play the haxsub mainly for battle points to get all the TM's.

All I can say is...double battle, Drizzle+Swift Swim.

Solfatara
18th July 2011, 12:58 AM
I think my worst experience was missing four times in a row on Garchomp in the sand, (set up by me) while he basically swept my whole team. Now I'm adding a Garchomp on my own sand team, for my revenge. Na, but really, he's a subway uber beast.

Davidd
18th July 2011, 1:01 AM
wow my opponent had 3 crits in a row...

Idartalis
18th July 2011, 1:07 AM
I once lost to a Glaceon whose Quick Claw activated 3 times in a row, using Blizzard each time >: I'm on my 57th win streak and I haven't experienced hax as ridiculous as that one since then.

Super Nerd 7997
18th July 2011, 1:53 AM
For the longest time I had trouble on the normal Single line... even getting to Ingo was a problem. Then I got a Sheer Force Nidoking and a Stall Ferrothorn. Works like a charm. Though the super line, on the other hand, the first time I tried it the second or third person had a team of pseudo-legendaries, haxy ones at that. Nothing like missing that Garchomp with every move you throw at it before it beats your face in.

jolteon135
18th July 2011, 3:14 AM
I once lost to a Glaceon whose Quick Claw activated 3 times in a row, using Blizzard each time >: I'm on my 57th win streak and I haven't experienced hax as ridiculous as that one since then.

If you make it to 60+ post in the Subway Ranking Hall (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=12994513#post12994513). :)

Gelatino95
18th July 2011, 4:39 AM
Oh my god. At first, I thought this thread was BS and that the reason I kept losing was because I needed better pokemon. But now I understand why it's called the Battle Haxway.

The opponent starts off with Wailord. I start with Garchomp. Garchomp uses Swords Dance, just like he always does. Wailord uses Ice Beam, but that's okay because Garchomp has a Focus Sash. This is when things start to go downhill. Wailord's Quick Claw JUST HAPPENS to activate on the next turn, and Garchomp is destroyed with another Ice Beam. I send out Registeel. Wailors uses Water Spout since it's at full health, taking out about half of Reisteel's health. Registeel uses Toxic. Wailord's HP slowly wears down. I protect through another Water Spout, recovering with Leftovers. By now, Wailord has taken plenty of damage from poison, so its Water Spout should deal little damage. The next turn, I get ready to use Iron head on him. Wailord is faster, so it uses Water Spout.

CRITICAL HIT. Registeel is KO'd.

I'm telling you, this place is rigged. Quick Claw should be banned.

Edit: Volcarona just got OHKO'd by a Whiscash, with a completely unboosted Earthquake coming off a base 78 attack... I stand by my opinion that this game is rigged.

zerofield
18th July 2011, 6:12 AM
i just got swept by a vullaby.it should not have been that fast.dark pulse should NOT have flinched me every time.14th battle Dx

DrasticPhase
18th July 2011, 7:40 AM
When my garchomp kept on missing and i had blissey left and the last pokemon was skarm 2 swords dance and brave bird means bye bye blissey >_<

Gelatino95
18th July 2011, 4:42 PM
Oh my god, it happened again. Registeel vs. Seismitoad. Registeel uses Toxic. Seismitoad uses Water Pulse. Even at only 20% chance of confusion, Registeel is confused on the first go. I bet you can guess what happens next. Registeel is hut by confusion EVERY TURN.

Sabertooth1000000000
18th July 2011, 11:11 PM
I was in this one battle, and it all came down to my Dusclops VS an Altaria. Despite Pressure being in play, the bastard used Roost at least eight times. But the hilarious part? Its moveset was Sing, Roost, Cotton Guard, and Hyper Voice. Ergo, it had no way of attacking my Dusclops. So I inevitably won in the end thanks to Will-o-wisp and Ice Punch.

Oh, and another thing. Recently I've been training a Gliscor. It's an absolute monster with Swords Dance and would probably sweep through everything. So what happens? Ice types galore! Seriously, it is ridiculous how many Ice types there were. Right from the beginning I had to fight a Beartic and a Vanillish, and I just had my win streak broken by a Vanilluxe.

Creeper
19th July 2011, 11:14 PM
For me, the Battle Haxway loves me.

Klinkklang used Giga Impact! (+2)

Latias evaded the attack! Latias used Thunderbolt!

You defeated Subway Boss Ingo!

If I have to do somehting negative, Elygem/Beeheeyem always have their Quick Claw activate on my Terrakion. >_> Psyshocked to low yellow...

Well, and for positive, +3 evasion Amoongus got nailed by my Lati's Psyshock.

ChrishMC
20th July 2011, 10:57 AM
I despise the subway so much! I just lost the 14th battle four times in a row already becuase some overspeed steroid pokemon comes in and destroys my wasted time.

I honestly think that this subway hates my guts..

mukku12
20th July 2011, 6:15 PM
lol i thought i'm a noob and doing something wrong but it seems everybody has some problems with battle haxway

on my last run (28 wins) my entire team consisting of Metagross with choice band, Togekiss and Zoroark got swept BADLY by, wait for it...Vaspiqueen :| my attacks did like nothing to her as she kept spamming defense order, when she was on red and i was about to deliver the final blow i missed with air slash, next turn...quick claw and heal order and the maddness started all over again. she took me down with toxic as it was her only way of dealing demage, and my Metagross who is immune to toxic lost to struggle recoil . i raged after that

Zekromaster826
21st July 2011, 3:50 AM
Why is it that I can never get past the 7th win of the Super Battle subway?

Absol trainer
21st July 2011, 2:36 PM
I'm getting annoyed by this place.

I recently got to around 40 two times, and lost to some very lame hax.
The first one was against a blissey which kept using minimize, and then started using mud bomb. ALL mudbombs it used were crits AND lowered my accuracy. Also, in said match, I also missed fire blast once and hit myself in confusion two times.

Next up was against a Mandibuzz, which had swagger. And of course, I hit myself 4 times in a row with confusion, crippling two of my pokemon too red and orange health. At the end it came down to my kabutops against a def bulky tangrowth. I hoped for a crit with stone edge, but of course I just missed and got power whipped to the face >.>

Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

bara
22nd July 2011, 6:58 PM
helpme with the team of battle subway who help get evo stone

poopoop
22nd July 2011, 8:11 PM
i dislike bright powder

Gelatino95
28th July 2011, 8:31 PM
OH MY GOD. I am so freaking angry right now. I was on my longest streak so far and I lost to a Rapidash. So here's how it went: opponent sends out Rapidash, I lead with Garchomp as always. Rapidash is somehow faster, so it uses Megahorn, which takes out less than half of Garchomp's health. Garchomp uses Swords Dance. Next turn, I tell Garchomp to use Earthquake to take care of Rapidash. Rapidash is faster, so it uses Megahorn first. It shouldn't take out all of Garchomp's health, but guess what? It's a CRITICAL HIT. Rapidash then sweeps my other two pokemon with Flare Blitz.

MetalSonic
28th July 2011, 8:33 PM
i dislike bright powder

i dislike sub garchomp with sandstorm up

wanna go out?

Killarflame
28th July 2011, 9:07 PM
My freind and I were playing the multi subway and we got swept on the 14th battle by a vullaby if i recall

I was using a tank krookodile and my legend killing swoobat
My friend had his tank golurk and a serperior

We lost in FOUR turns, every hit was a critical
The vullaby fainted my krookodile with a dark pulse!
It just doesn't seem right.

Magcargo96
28th July 2011, 9:52 PM
My Conkeldurr was about to finish off a Porygon-Z, until Tri Attack freezes it. After that Conkeldurr was frozen for two turns, while Porygon-Z defeats it.
Also, note that Conkeldurr would have been able to defeat the Porygon-Z when he was burned or paralysed (with no fully paralysis).

Arceus94
16th August 2011, 4:03 PM
I missed with Kingdras Draco Meteor 4 times in a row. it has 90% accuracy.
It was not my last pokemon, though. But Haxorus killed Hydreigon after Kingdra failed to do anything,
and i lost the challenge

Sakuma
16th August 2011, 6:55 PM
I lost a bunch even with a ev team. I lose because of the unpredictable pokemon they send out usually.

redcharzard
4th September 2011, 8:39 PM
My team was Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Gliscor and I lost to a Leavany with leaf blade, x-scissor, and sword dance. It gets critical hits on both Garchomp and Gliscor. These result in 1 hit koing both of my top counter/attacker. It then use x-scissor Tyranitar and 1 hit ko's it. Garchomp had Fire fang but couldn't hit and Gliscor had flying gem with acrobatic and could hit it. The worst is Shauntal's Froglass. It froze 1 of my pokemon with Blizzard, I heal it with full restore, Then it freezes the pokemon again on the same turn I healed it.On the next elite four run, it did it, but I can't complain because compared to the luck I get on Halo Reach, L4D2, and Halo 3 I got lucky and had minimal really bad luck.

Bsugarhigh
6th September 2011, 6:59 PM
Electivire, Garchomp and Infernape got me to the 21st battle and got smoked by a damn Kingdra that is faster then the WORLD!!!!! so yeah im bitter but it was a wild ride.

Ces
6th September 2011, 8:21 PM
I tried Battle Subway for the first time last night. Didn't get to the subway bosses, but it's probably because I just suck.

Bsugarhigh
7th September 2011, 5:10 PM
You need a Very solid team then test it out at the Rating place west of the pokemon Center in Raimon City. If you get 5 or more stars you have a chance against the Super trains. About 3 to 4 stars means you can take on the regular trains.

Dragontamer1011
7th September 2011, 6:20 PM
Honestly the only problem I've ever run into in the Battle Subway is one that makes sense. My team happened to have a weakness to Head Smash and Choice Band Archeops made an appearance and swept me. It takes alot of time and thought to make a competent team, and you need to make sure you think about all the angles. Personally I treat the AI like it has Super Luck. Basically add 10% to their accuracy, subtract 20% from yours, and 10% from all your battle effects and other chances. Thats why I prefer to go the absolute route rather then leave it up to chance (I.E. Flamethrower vs Fire Blast).

SuicuneScale
8th September 2011, 1:23 AM
Yes.....against a quiver dancing volcarona, ROCK SLIDE missed 3 times.
Come on, it has 85 accuracy!

Dragontamer1011
8th September 2011, 5:07 AM
Yes.....against a quiver dancing volcarona, ROCK SLIDE missed 3 times.
Come on, it has 85 accuracy!

I can't remember what move it was but I missed 5 times in a row with it in the BS.. The phrase "I'm just unlucky" is quite literal there.

BGP_
8th September 2011, 6:21 AM
It is a painful moment, and i dont THINK it goes down on the 7th battle. However, when you do super subways, they definitely seem rather rigged.

Arceus94
9th September 2011, 7:20 AM
I just tried the subway again. don't remember how far I got but..
I met the Quiver Dancing Volcarona.. And defeated it with my own. (The last I had left)
Then, on the nest turn, I met a Steelix. I tought a Fiery Dance would kill it but..
Quick claw + Stone Edge + Critical hit = rage.
and I lost again xD

Bsugarhigh
9th September 2011, 5:21 PM
You are most likely right about the tweaked statics in accuracy and crit chance. But that's what makes better the Subway so much more gratifing.

Teh Curst 1ne
9th September 2011, 6:47 PM
After hearing all of you venting out all of your frustrations of the Battle Subway, it makes me want to avoid this place like it's the Black Death, as I've got some of the worst luck in the world. Hell, I'm at the receiving end of crits outside of it, so... that tells you how unlucky I am...

Dragontamer1011
9th September 2011, 7:54 PM
Honestly, despite how aggravating and random it is, I quite enjoy it. Also, I was using Vulcarona at one point, but I decided to switch him out. Its just way too difficult using any pokemon with a dual weakness except for ones like Scizor (Where its their only weakness). Rock is just too dang common.

Victreebong
10th September 2011, 4:00 AM
I remember a time when I was in the Multi Train. I busted out a Metagross and Hilda threw out a krookodile. She used earthquake and cost us the match since the opposing team had an air ballooner and a flying type.

This is hysterical! I'm sure it wasn't in hindsight, but just think; 4 different things had to have happened for that moment to occur. Air Balloon, check. Flying-type, check. Metagross not under Magnet Rise status, check. CPU wanting to ruin your day and uses a friendly fire attack that is not only ineffective against half of the opposing team on the field, but is doubly effective against your Pokemon. Mega-check. And I'm sure after Meta fainted, Hilda didn't help any further.

Only in video games and Government could something this epically catastrophic occur.