PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Last Pokemon

garchompmaster29
1st May 2011, 11:56 PM
hey guys, i put a team similar to this a while back titled "spiritomb!" i have made all changes basically final except for one thing. I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIND A 5th POKEMON THAT COMPLETES THE TEAM. It is getting very annoyin. So guys, unless you have a comment that is golden for the rest of my pokes, please try to keep the posts to 6th slot suggestions.

THX

Lead: Spiritomb@lum berry
Evs: 252 specialA, 252 hp, 4 attack
Nature: quiet (+specialA-speed)
Moveset:
Shadow Ball
HP Fighting
Wil-O-Wisp
Shadow Sneak

Purpose: This Spiritomb is the only original member of this team. He is by far the most successful lead I have ever had. He is pretty much an anti-lead that R*pes azelf, machamp, roserade, aerodactyl, smeargle, ninjask, weavile, and the rare ttar. Shadow ball brings azelf down to sash, and shadow sneak finishes. 2 shadow balls + a shadow sneak kill machamp. The negative speed nature means that tomb will be slower than machap, and therefore, not vulnerable to payback. Lum saves it from roserade and smeargle (though sadly, spiritomb canít kill roserade with shadow ball + shadow sneak.) his best chance is for sleep powder to miss at least once. The one draw back to this tomb is that it lets entry hazards down. However, as you will later see, my entire team (except for one poke) is immune to tspikes, so I donít give a bagel about tspikes.

Metagame counter: Porygon2@lefties
Evs: 252 hp, 180 defense, 48 specialA, 28 specialD
Nature: bold (+defense-attack)
Moveset:
Disharge
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover

Purpose: This pokemon is easily the MVP of the team. He counters almost every pokemon that this team needs countered, and does his job well. I think that p2 is very underrated. Disharge, with the given evs will OHKO min defense 4 hp gyrados with life orb damage about 90% of the time. It also has the nifty 30% chance to paralyze and ruin enemy pokemonís sweeps. And, it goes hand n hand with ice beam for a bolt-beam combo. Ice beam hits almost everything that discharge doesnít, and allows p2 to counter dragonite, flygon, gliscor and salamence (on the servers that it is legal). Toxic is obvious, as it wears down walls. And of cource, what would p2 be without recover? P2 can counter: gyrados, mence, non-superpower dragonite, electovire, starmie, gliscor, vaporeon, and all other bulky waters. Jolteon, skarmory, and so on and so forth.

Sweeper: Lucario@lorb
Evs: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
Nature: (adamant (+attack-special attack)
Movset:
Swords Dance
CCbat (obviously)
Ex Speed
Crunch

Purpose: Sweep. Lucario is insanely good, and has swept teams before. He destroys so much its just ridiculous. Especially if my stealth rocker does his job, lucario goes nuts. The adamant nature (unlike most sweepers) is better than jolly for cario, because he scores MANY KOís he otherwise wouldnít with adamant.

Bulky Trick-Band Support Mespirit lulwut?@choiceband
Evs: 252 hp, 236 defense, 20 spD
Nature: impish (+defense-specialA)
Movset
Zenheadbutt
Fire puch
Trick
Stealth Rocks

Purpose: Where do I begin? This is so unorthodox it isnít even funny. First off, why mespirit? You see, azelf, though much more offensive than mespirit, is extremely fragile, and therefore, would have an extremely hard time tricking a band, and getting sr down. And uxie, 1. People expect trick much more against uxie, and 2. Uxie doesnít hit hard enough to OHKO with scizor with fire puch (without a massive attack ev investment), and doesnít hit wheezing (my teams most feared enemy) as hard as I would like it to. Evs: the given evs are to allow mespirit to ALWAYS survive a uturn from a scizor even if the opponent has rocks down.

STUPIDITY breloom@toxic orb
Evs: 252 speed, 228 hp, 28 attack
Nature: Jolly (+speed-specialA)
Movset:
Spore (no duh)
Substitute
Focus Punch
Leech Seed

Purpose: This pokemon requires the least amount of explaining. He pops out of his pokeball, and the unfairness begins: spore, sub on the switch, and sub-puch or sub-seed according to the need. (this guy has swept teams). Also, he serves as my teamís stall breaker.

This slot is the one i can't decide on, so if you would please help me decide on this slot.

This team has not done quite as good lately, i think it is because i can't find an appropriate last-slot pokemon.

TheAwesomeOne
2nd May 2011, 9:13 PM
BRELOOM!!!!
You are a bit Heatran week, maybe a Water type.

garchompmaster29
2nd May 2011, 10:10 PM
*Starts to think about what awsome1 said about heatran, realizes that he may be right. But then looks back over the team and sees porygon2, the best heatran counter in the game.*

TheAwesomeOne
2nd May 2011, 11:00 PM
*FACEPALMX2*
Umm, what if P2 is down?

garchompmaster29
2nd May 2011, 11:49 PM
i hope he misses a fireblast, if not, i will be in trouble.

TheAwesomeOne
3rd May 2011, 10:17 AM
This for the Battle Frontier thing on The Poke Center?

garchompmaster29
3rd May 2011, 2:10 PM
no, this is mah main team.

i alredy know what the mah battle frontier team will be.

TheAwesomeOne
3rd May 2011, 5:26 PM
Stalling FTW!!!

Blue Harvest
3rd May 2011, 6:51 PM
Try Gyarados. Its extra insurance against physical attackers, checks Heatran and is a threat on its own.

garchompmaster29
3rd May 2011, 11:03 PM
that's actually not a bad idea, what sort? ddoffesive, ddlefties, tauntrados?

TheAwesomeOne
4th May 2011, 7:12 PM
Taunt, DD, Waterfall, EQ.

garchompmaster29
4th May 2011, 11:02 PM
hmm, i thought that most tauntrados's ran either rest or substitute. guess im wrong.

TheAwesomeOne
5th May 2011, 5:27 PM
You could take of Earthquake for Rest or Substitute if you want to.

garchompmaster29
5th May 2011, 11:24 PM
i will prolly take off one of em.

COME ON GUYS, I DON'T think that TAO and Blue Harvest are the only peeps with input.

Cobalt2
13th May 2011, 1:44 AM
i liek breloom for your team...gyrados has sweeped me on many occasions...
i see wut awesome one ment when he said your teams were strange and suprisingly effective and amazing... dragonite? maybe you should ajust it 4 stalling... most of those r gr8 stallers...

TheAwesomeOne
13th May 2011, 6:15 PM
Then he would get completely owned by Taunt.

garchompmaster29
14th May 2011, 4:00 PM
cobalt: i do have a full-stall team. it almost never loses if the opponent doens't have a britscor or breloom. the problem is, a lot of them do. (yes i meant to call it britscor because it is a gliscor set). but this team has a way of dealing with those guys.

and your right, my team is surprisingly effective, seeing as it has 1 nu poke, and 2 uu pokes.

on a different note, i think my team needs a choice scarfer. i have tried scarf wash rotom, and he did his job really well, but i am trying to find something even better

TheAwesomeOne
14th May 2011, 9:46 PM
Britscor based on us Brits?
Answer carefully.

garchompmaster29
15th May 2011, 8:48 PM
lol, no it is a taunt set with swords dance roost taunt and earthquake. its an actual set i promise

123fakestreet
15th May 2011, 9:02 PM
lol, no it is a taunt set with swords dance roost taunt and earthquake. its an actual set i promise

last time I checked Britscor was...

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand veil
EVs: 252 spe / 252 hp / 4 def
Moves:
-Taunt
-Roost
-Toxic / U-Turn
-Earthquake

garchompmaster29
16th May 2011, 12:57 AM
oh sorry, i posted MY version of britscor. 123's is the actual one. either way they are just as deadly to stall teams.

123fakestreet
16th May 2011, 1:04 AM
oh sorry, i posted MY version of britscor. 123's is the actual one. either way they are just as deadly to stall teams.

And are both ironically walled by the most common pokemon in stall. Skarmory :/ Whoever came up with britscor really got it right. Ambitious and boastful but very easily flawed :)

I'm a Brit so I can say that :D

garchompmaster29
16th May 2011, 3:35 AM
well, taunt kinda ruins those stallers. and while taunted they can hit back with weak stabs that britscor laughs at. meanwhile he infllicts status or sd's up to 3 and hits really hard with STAB eq. or he u-turns out to a sweeper that the taunted opponent can't even hope to stop.

Slydevil
21st May 2011, 8:25 PM
if you moved to 5th gen how about evolite in porygon2 in 5th gen he is very effective there.

Darkerones
22nd May 2011, 9:53 PM
The team is well balanced and solid but it looks more like a bunch of individuals rather than a team. Except for maybe the Mespirit,all I really see is a bunch of sweepers and revenge killers.

garchompmaster29
23rd May 2011, 12:36 AM
um lol@all i see is a bunch of sweepers and revenge killers:

breloom: stall breaker

porygon2: utility counter

spiritomb: anti-lead

(as you pointed out) mespirit: bulky trick band support

the only sweeper is lucario.

zillaton
25th May 2011, 10:08 PM
Honestly, this is a pretty dang solid and original team. Kudos on the Spirit tomb. ^_^
I do see however Gengar causing some trouble here. Gengars are extremely fast (I think he actually out speeds everyone in your team even with speed EV investments) and a life orb Gengar with focus blast, shadow ball, HP fire, and thunderbolt would wipe the floor with most of your pokes. I myself have had the unfortunate experience of having a Gengar sweep me and burn that troll face into my retina. *shakes fist*
You might want to invest in a speed freak that can outrun and kill a Gengar. Weavile and Jolteon come to mind, Snorlax is also there if you desire a tank. I actually like Alakazam since he's fast, can know calm mind and recover and is good as a special sweeper which you lack.
Blissy gets a special mention since she can also double as a cleric. Given you have a Lucario with life orb, a wishing Blissy would allow him to hang on for a while longer. Though Blissy is used so often it almost feels like cheating if you use her nowadays. >_>

garchompmaster29
26th May 2011, 3:27 AM
Yeah, Gengar really does R*** my team. Prolly will use something like scarf jolteon to counter. Any suggestions guys for a good scarfer on this team?

zillaton
27th May 2011, 1:15 AM
A scarfed Tyranitar is one option. It threw me off completely when I was fighting one.

Tyranitar@choiceScarf
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Thunder Punch/Dragon Claw
With this much speed investment, Tyranitar is able to outspeed Starmie, Azelf and Gengar. Pursuit puts those who try to flee into a hairy situation and STAB Crunch and Stone edge will destroy all other Pokemon that can't wall Tyranitar effectively. The last move depends on what you want to counter. Thunder punch kills bulky waters like Vaporeon, and stops Skarmory dead in its tracks, Earthquake will take care of common walls while allowing a powerful wide spread move to complement Tyranitar's high attack, and dragon claw will be an effective counter to Kingdra while being used as a fall back if there are no effective moves to use.

Choice scarf Porygon Z is another option if it carries dark pulse, and a choice scarfed Flygon with crunch also makes Gengar think twice.

123fakestreet
28th May 2011, 12:09 AM
A scarfed Tyranitar is one option. It threw me off completely when I was fighting one.

Tyranitar@choiceScarf
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Thunder Punch/Dragon Claw
With this much speed investment, Tyranitar is able to outspeed Starmie, Azelf and Gengar. Pursuit puts those who try to flee into a hairy situation and STAB Crunch and Stone edge will destroy all other Pokemon that can't wall Tyranitar effectively. The last move depends on what you want to counter. Thunder punch kills bulky waters like Vaporeon, and stops Skarmory dead in its tracks, Earthquake will take care of common walls while allowing a powerful wide spread move to complement Tyranitar's high attack, and dragon claw will be an effective counter to Kingdra while being used as a fall back if there are no effective moves to use.

Choice scarf Porygon Z is another option if it carries dark pulse, and a choice scarfed Flygon with crunch also makes Gengar think twice.

Scarftar is the best for removing gengar effectively but he adds yet another fighting weaknes. Might I suggest this.

Scizor @ Choice scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 attk / 244 spe / 12 Hp
Moves:
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch / Iron Head
-Superpower / Double Hit / Night Slash / Bug Bite

Meet the most under appreciated scafer ever. Almost equal power pursuit as ttar, u-turn, better defensive typing and priority for when ur just a bit too slow. he is also completely unpredicted, nobody prepares for him and he makes a great hard hitting scout. Give is a go :)

garchompmaster29
28th May 2011, 7:14 PM
Huh, why did i never think of scarfzor? STAB u-turn, pursuit, and still having a STAB technician bullet punch (you should run bullet punch even if you have a scarf scizor with 6 speed boosts, tailwind, jolly max speed, and skill swapped prankster.) that is a great idea. (although ttarr is also a great idea).

Silver Owns
28th May 2011, 8:59 PM
The team is well balanced and solid but it looks more like a bunch of individuals rather than a team. Except for maybe the Mespirit,all I really see is a bunch of sweepers and revenge killers.

lol..i can name one clear sweeper and thats lucario..nice try, this is a very unique team that heck im mad i didnt think of

garchompmaster29
28th May 2011, 11:10 PM
that means a lot to me silver owns. Thanks. Yeah, this team has had so much trial and error testing. It looks almost nothing like its original form did. Got me to 14 on the shoddy battle leader board. I am thinkin of retiring it soon. As soon as I get that last pokemon down.

quilavact
15th June 2011, 12:25 PM
try a lapras since it is a water and ice type so heatran wouldn't be a trouble also you can teach it dragon pulse and thunder bolt in a TM so it will be able to defeat water, dragon, grass, and fire types
Hopes this helps ;243;