PDA

View Full Version : The Battle Subway Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

wearjo
7th May 2011, 12:30 PM
Pretty self explanatory, make sure you follow the forum rules and make sure you dont do anything to upset anyone :)

So, without further ado, LET'S GO!!!

PokemasterAustin
8th May 2011, 1:56 AM
Well today I beat the subway head for the single train and got 16 bp from a 21 win streak. Then I went to go grab myself a power anklet to help with speed EV training on my Crustle.

metagrody6
8th May 2011, 3:32 AM
I keep losing to double. Beat single though

PinkPalkia
8th May 2011, 3:40 AM
I'm just in it for the music. Even with proper EV training the Subway still seems harder than last gen. I could really use a Life Orb right now, but I can't transfer it due to a lack of another system.

Porgon-XYZ
8th May 2011, 3:48 AM
Wow, I lost to a Porygon2 one time when using my Shedinja. It traced wonder guard and I was screwed. It ended up him using struggle to kill me. This is why I taught it Toxic.

hawkmbl
9th May 2011, 12:59 AM
I battled in the super double train today and was just about to defeat a Hydregion until it knocked me out.

What's weird is how Spiritomb and others can learn toxic... Looks like I'll be needing wonderguard.

shotdown911
9th May 2011, 1:09 AM
I did so much grinding in the subway for the EV items. The worst thing was I couldn't do the Super lines so I was stuck getting minimal payout on the Single Line for days.

rykerr1
9th May 2011, 1:45 AM
I've gotten through the Single and Double trains, haven't beaten super yet. I plan on going back to it once I get an EV'd team.

DoubleJG3288
9th May 2011, 3:47 AM
I have both Super trains unlocked. The highest streak that I have had thus far is 17 or so on the Super Single subway.

I also completely agree with PinkPalkia about the Subway being harder than anything from 4th gen. There are simply too many 'mons to take into consideration when building a good team these days.

shinystriker
9th May 2011, 3:51 AM
I can never get past the super single but i needed items like iron ball and wise glasses so i just beat single a bunch of times.

matt0044
9th May 2011, 9:18 PM
Anyone have the map of the Battle Subway?

scoot
9th May 2011, 10:58 PM
so i just beat the super single boss at number 49 and i had to tell someone who remotely cares. i used..

Ttar@choice band
Jolly, 252 attack, 252 speed
rock slide
crunch
ice fang
thunder fang

Ferrothorn@rocky helmet
impish, 252 hp 252 defence
seed bomb
leach seed
ingrain
ariel ace

Excadrill@ focus sash
adamant, 252 attack 252 speed
swords dance
earthquake
rock slide
x scissor

took freaking forever. glad i did it. good luck everyone else!

Firebreather
10th May 2011, 12:22 AM
I did so much grinding in the subway for the EV items. The worst thing was I couldn't do the Super lines so I was stuck getting minimal payout on the Single Line for days.

I dealt with the same thing. I couldn't beat the Single Line because, well... I COULDN'T EV TRAIN MY TEAM!!! It was so frustrating and monotonous...but I did beat it and I appreciated the extra BP for beating the Subway Boss. Now on to the Super Single line!!!

Bobmonkey07
10th May 2011, 8:36 AM
fair warning: after you beat the boss on super single, trainers start having legendaries.

one team i saw had cobalion, articuno, raikou.
another had regigigas, suicune, articuno.

it is worth beating him though. at that point you'll have earned 75 BP.

AMagicalCone
10th May 2011, 10:08 AM
The multi battle is getting quite frustrating for me. My partner for the first two sets of 7 always has fantastic Pokemon (Darmanitan, Druddigon, etc) but as soon as I get to the third set I end up getting weaker ones, just now it was Beartic and Sawk, Sawk used earthquake twice and knocked out my Mienshao and Starmie, oh well, back to the drawing board...

Psynergy
11th May 2011, 2:11 AM
i recently beat my 21 win streak on the super single line. my record rests at 22 now. :/

on a more positive note, i have most of my battle items back. just need choice specs and perhaps i'll try to get the tm's, just to have them all.

emirparkreiner7
11th May 2011, 8:28 AM
Using Archeops, Scrafty, Zoroark, and Ferrothorn, I got 34 wins in the Super Double Train. The 7th battle had at least three legendaries (Heatran, Landorus, and Virizion). I didn't even get to fight the fourth Pokemon. I assume it was legendary as well. Is this supposed to happen? I'm not even at the Subway Boss...

Jokess
11th May 2011, 4:25 PM
N00b Q!

Battle Subway Online battling or in game?

wearjo
17th May 2011, 10:46 PM
omg i almost got a winning streak of 21 but then i lost :(

Lorde
17th May 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm actually using my in-game team at the Battle Subway, which includes Samurott, Braviary and Haxorus. I usually use Legendaries like Raikou, Entei and Suicune for the battle facilities, but I've changed my style in Black/White. The only problem that I encounter when I use my in-game team is that they aren't EV trained. So most of my Battle Subway experience revolves on luck. I still enjoy battling there, but luck plays a bigger role than it should :c

Mister_SGG
17th May 2011, 10:53 PM
I'm just in it for the music. Even with proper EV training the Subway still seems harder than last gen. I could really use a Life Orb right now, but I can't transfer it due to a lack of another system.

You can't transfer items from 4th Gen.

La Mort
17th May 2011, 11:02 PM
You can't transfer items from 4th Gen.

That's the annoying thing, the subway seems way harder and you have to beat it regardless to get the competitive gear. It's not cool!

ViperQueen
18th May 2011, 3:04 AM
I beat the double, but can't seem to beat the single lines.

Pikawho?
24th May 2011, 7:13 PM
Made it 17 rounds in the Super Double (with incomplete VGC team) before getting plundered by a Brave-Bird criticalling Crobat. The teams leading up to it weren't too bad (compared to the sets I hit the first round). Just kinda frustrating that I couldn't defeat that stupid Crobat. But it's all good. I'll experiment a bit more and hopefully create a winning combination.

Random question: Can pokemon you face in the subway have DW abilities? I'd imagine they would, but part of me is hoping that GF would make it so that there wouldn't be any (giving you an edge). If someone knows for sure, that'd be great.

bippacooleth
24th May 2011, 7:20 PM
Random question: Can pokemon you face in the subway have DW abilities? I'd imagine they would, but part of me is hoping that GF would make it so that there wouldn't be any (giving you an edge). If someone knows for sure, that'd be great.

I wouldn't think so.... why would you think they would?

Pikawho?
24th May 2011, 7:30 PM
I wouldn't think so.... why would you think they would?

Because the subway is meant to test your competancy as a trainer. It makes sense that GF would utilize the hidden abilities to test you. But again, it also makes sense that they wouldn't give the competition those abilities (an exclusive "reward" for using the DW).

I just want to know for sure. One of the toughest parts is guessing which ability I'm up against (like w/ Bronzong). Some pokes (Seaking + lightningrod) would cause me to second guess my moves if I knew that it might have a DW ability.

The Eleventh
24th May 2011, 7:50 PM
I'm not certain; I don't think it's been proved yet. Here's a small thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79239) on Smogon that seems to imply that there are Dream World abilities. There's no hard evidence, unfortunately.

Witchan
24th May 2011, 8:57 PM
I love battling on the Subway, it's so addictive.

But for some odd reason, I always lose when I face the #number of oppenents that's between seventeen and thirty one.

PokeMEN
24th May 2011, 10:53 PM
Im trying to beat super singles, right now I'm on a 12 streak. Hopefully I can get 21 cause I need BP for choice specs!!!

lucario beast
24th May 2011, 10:56 PM
well ive beaten the single and the double trains and got the power items i didt already have

TrueSerperior
25th May 2011, 12:35 AM
Haven't won once :( which is wierd because I beat all 5 of Platinum's places with ease.
Oh yeah,I mean beat the subway boss when I say "haven't won once"

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
26th May 2011, 8:57 AM
I don't like Battle subway that much I keep losing gosh is it stressing and you barely get Bp!!!! :(

Thornclaw
4th June 2011, 6:47 PM
I think I have seen a pattern in the Battle Subway. Okay i go in with a Espeon, Umbreon, and Braviary. The Battle Subway will usually send the types supereffective to your team. In this case, bug, fighting, electric, ghost, dark, rock, and ice. So get types that cover each other well.

;197;

Lorde
4th June 2011, 10:01 PM
I don't like Battle subway that much I keep losing gosh is it stressing and you barely get Bp!!!! :(

I've lost against the Subway Bosses twice so far, so I'm in the same boat as you. The Battle Subway seems a lot harder than the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier in previous games. I had to borrow a friend's competitive team just to reach the Subway Bosses, which is sad since I can usually beat 21 trainers and reach the battle facility masters with my in-game teams in some of the older games. I think you just have to keep trying until you get a good streak there.

General Nonsense
5th June 2011, 12:46 AM
I've unlocked the super lines for singles, doubles, and multi, but I can't get very far in any of the super lines

Unforgiven
5th June 2011, 2:09 AM

If you mean transferring it from a 4th gen game, you cant do that... its probably because of the new TMs in 5th gen, but i suspect that game freak wanted people to stop cloning things in emerald and transferring them to every game they have...

Trainer Frankie
5th June 2011, 3:42 AM
I've beaten the single train once. Haven't done much after that.

Darigan
5th June 2011, 4:23 AM
The worst thing about the Super Multi Line is when your opponents defeat both of your pokemon so you have to watch and when your partner defeats your pokemon with a super-effective Surf or Earthquake.

General Nonsense
5th June 2011, 4:37 AM
The worst thing about the Super Multi Line is when your opponents defeat both of your pokemon so you have to watch and when your partner defeats your pokemon with a super-effective Surf or Earthquake.

Yeah, that's really annoying. Levitate is your friend

Icay4321
5th June 2011, 5:37 AM

Yeah, that's really annoying. Levitate is your friend

And telepathy your lover.
I've not taken the time to actually attempt Subway legitimately, though my in-game team does alright until about the 21st or around somewhere in that streak.

jolteon135
5th June 2011, 5:53 AM
And telepathy your lover.
I've not taken the time to actually attempt Subway legitimately, though my in-game team does alright until about the 21st or around somewhere in that streak.

The currently released telepathy Pokemon suck. Musharna and Beeheyem are too slow. They'll be haxed to death in the battle subway before they can do anything and, to make matters worse, the opponent will almost always have the type advantage.

Anyways, I got a nice little 87 win streak in singles with Politoed, Ludicolo and Dragonite. Got a 45 win streak with Crustle, Tyranitar and Landorus too. Gonna see if I can tweak that sand team a bit for a higher streak and I want to try hail too but hail abusers rely on too much luck. :/

Gigastrike
5th June 2011, 4:01 PM
I haven't even attempted anything other than singles and super singles yet. Not that I find either of them hard.

I mostly just grind for BP.

Psycho Cut
5th June 2011, 4:10 PM
I've just got to 21 win streak on super double, I'm going to wait until I find a flying gem before I challenge the next set.

Quick Question: Does the subway boss appear 2nd time round on your 49th win of the super line or on the 49th win of both the lines put together, i.e the 28th win on the super line?

jolteon135
5th June 2011, 11:16 PM
I've just got to 21 win streak on super double, I'm going to wait until I find a flying gem before I challenge the next set.

Quick Question: Does the subway boss appear 2nd time round on your 49th win of the super line or on the 49th win of both the lines put together, i.e the 28th win on the super line?

Subway boss appears for the 49th battle on the super line. The regular single line has nothing to do with it.

chadrizar
6th June 2011, 6:23 AM
Any of you guys know a good wall/annoyer for the Battle Subway? I go all out offensively but I still get wiped out. (BTW, I use Chandelure, Braviary and Hydreigon as my BS team, all of them having offensive moves.)

jolteon135
6th June 2011, 6:56 AM
Any of you guys know a good wall/annoyer for the Battle Subway? I go all out offensively but I still get wiped out. (BTW, I use Chandelure, Braviary and Hydreigon as my BS team, all of them having offensive moves.)

Porygon-2, Chansey/Blissey, Jellicent (cursed body), ferrothorn, Slowbro, Tyranitar and many more.

Also Braviary sucks. :/

chadrizar
6th June 2011, 1:48 PM
Porygon-2, Chansey/Blissey, Jellicent (cursed body), ferrothorn, Slowbro, Tyranitar and many more.

Also Braviary sucks. :/

:O Anyways thanks for the reply, I think I'll go with Ferrothorn (L.Seed staller).

PokemonOwn
6th June 2011, 6:06 PM
Well, I want more out of the Subway in Gray, but, it'll do. Emmet/Ingo are rather easy--Excadrill owns them.

Will-powered Spriter
6th June 2011, 8:25 PM
I lost to a power trick shuckle last week.

It activated quick claw FIVE TIMES in a row.

The chances for that (18.75%^5) are less then a shiny via MM.

Yeah, real subtle.

megamudkip
6th June 2011, 8:35 PM
my subway team is
hydreigon life orb
-draco meteor
-surf
-dark pulse
-fire blast
ferrothorn leftovers
-leech seed
-gyro ball
-curse
-substitute
swampert rocky helmet
-waterfall
-earthquake
-ice punch
-stealth rocks
please rate and say if you know any improvements

PandaChef
7th June 2011, 5:49 PM
Volcaruna Timid Lum berry
Butterfly Dance
Hidden Power (Rock)
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz

Milotic Bold Leftovers
Surf
Hidden Power (grass)
Ice Beam
Recover

Salamence Jolly Life Orb
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Flamethrower

General Nonsense
7th June 2011, 5:56 PM
I've tried about six different subway teams and none of them work :(

Mystica
7th June 2011, 6:01 PM
The Subway can be horribly annoying. I miraculously make it to the 62nd trainer, then all the attacks with secondary effects tends to hit me then, and moves such as Focus Blast suddenly hits EVERY TIME. :I It's terribly frustrating. XD
Oh yeah, and this is for the Multi-Super train. XD

General Nonsense
7th June 2011, 8:02 PM
^Wow, that same thing happes to me, but it happens at around battle #8

Mystica
7th June 2011, 8:27 PM
Depending on my situation, it sometimes happens earlier on for me as well. XD
I've noticed the Choice items REALLY help during these as well; Zapdos/Blaziken were EXTREMELY helpful in my case. X)

nyyminen
8th June 2011, 7:00 PM
I hope this is the right thread to ask about this, but, I recently recorded a Battle Video in the Battle Subway. I'd like to watch it but HOW?

Please help!

jolteon135
8th June 2011, 9:18 PM
Finally got the doubles Trophy. :D
Now for multi. Guess I'll have to change up my team a bit for multi with an NPC partner.

I hope this is the right thread to ask about this, but, I recently recorded a Battle Video in the Battle Subway. I'd like to watch it but HOW?

Please help!

Go to your key items and use the VS recorder. You can also upload videos via the far right lady in the Pokemon center.

blonde_1
8th June 2011, 9:55 PM
I finally beat the single line yesterday! I don't have very many evolved pokes right now, and I was trying to get BP for the EV items.

Anyway I finally found a team that seemed to work pretty well. I used Emolga(fully ev'd, pursuit,acrobatics,voltswitch,electroball), Simisear(flameburst,crunch,dig,fireblast), and Dewott(semi-ev'd,aquajet,revenge,xscissor,surf) for the first two rounds and it worked really well! Then for the final round I used Sigilyph(fully ev'd,psychoshift,aircutter,psybeam,shadowball), Simisear, and Dewott.

I used the points from this to finally get my Sigilyph his fire orb, yay! Now I know the movesets aren't that great as I haven't even fully trained these guys yet, but hey they got me through!

Azumarill
8th June 2011, 11:18 PM
Empoleon - Air Balloon (adamant)
-Aqua Jet
-Swords Dance
-Avalanche
-Brick Break

Breloom
-Spore
-Sub
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

Garchomp - Choice Scard (naive)
-Outrage
-EQ
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge

How screwed am I? Probably screwed, it's all physical lol

What should replace what?

Soperman
10th June 2011, 6:28 AM
Supers are friggin impossible now without EV training pokemon with already uber stats (anybody with base stats of about 120 or higher)

Excitable Boy
10th June 2011, 6:30 AM
So, does anyone else do WiFi trains?

I'm up to Rank 3 on them.

jolteon135
10th June 2011, 6:43 AM
So, does anyone else do WiFi trains?

I'm up to Rank 3 on them.
I've done the wifi train a few times.
I think I'm up to rank 4 or 5 now. It's actually pretty difficult. I'll probably make a team specifically for it after I get the multi trophy.

Porygon2 and Ferrothorn are such a pains to battle against.

Neferka
10th June 2011, 11:00 AM
I finally beat the single line yesterday! I don't have very many evolved pokes right now, and I was trying to get BP for the EV items.

Anyway I finally found a team that seemed to work pretty well. I used Emolga(fully ev'd, pursuit,acrobatics,voltswitch,electroball), Simisear(flameburst,crunch,dig,fireblast), and Dewott(semi-ev'd,aquajet,revenge,xscissor,surf) for the first two rounds and it worked really well! Then for the final round I used Sigilyph(fully ev'd,psychoshift,aircutter,psybeam,shadowball), Simisear, and Dewott.

I used the points from this to finally get my Sigilyph his fire orb, yay! Now I know the movesets aren't that great as I haven't even fully trained these guys yet, but hey they got me through!

Wow! That's awesome... I can't get past the 8th battle on the super single line ^_^;

I've never paid that much attention to the Battle Tower/ Frontier (my highest streak there was 14 XD ), but for some reason I've really gotten into the battle subway.

I have a vid of Meinshao saving the day in the 20th battle of the easy single line: 39-33123-95587

Does anyone else have some cool videos they want to share?

Zibdas
10th June 2011, 4:42 PM
I can summarize all my thgoughts on the BS in one sentence:
Battle Haxway is more liek it.

Hilijix
10th June 2011, 5:18 PM
I've gotten to Rank 2 once. I would've gotten there easier if a certain Weavile didn't freeze AND flinch with Ice Punch.

I find it weird that Preschoolers can be fought in the Super Double Line... And the one I once fought had a well-trained Quagsire, Golurk, Kanghaskan as well as an Armaldo... I never knew Preschoolers knew how to resurrect fossils...

Lorde
10th June 2011, 5:25 PM
I can summarize all my thgoughts on the BS in one sentence:
Battle Haxway is more liek it.

There was a thread named Battle Haxway, but it was full of people who only complained about the Battle Subway. It's ironic because they wasted time complaining about it, rather than use that time to improve their tactics. The Battle Subway can be stressful, but if you take the time to learn more about the kinds of Pokemon that work well at that facility, you'll have a better chance at winning. That's what I believe, anyway. I managed to finally beat Emmet and Ingo last weekend, so I'm ok with this facility.

Psycho Cut
11th June 2011, 12:55 PM
^^^ I agree. My 40th opponent on battle subway, an all-legendary team, had a zapdos who obviously had brightpowder and perhpaps it was a little hax as i kep missing it often, but still, i kept at it and managed to kill it.

Anyway, the reason why I'm here. I'm on my 42nd win on the Super Double Line, and next obviously is the double battle boss. I was wondering if anyone had any information on his team, specifically his pokemon's abilities and held items. I can't find out what they are, and I'd like to know my enemy before the battle.

jolteon135
11th June 2011, 2:27 PM
^^^ I agree. My 40th opponent on battle subway, an all-legendary team, had a zapdos who obviously had brightpowder and perhpaps it was a little hax as i kep missing it often, but still, i kept at it and managed to kill it.

Anyway, the reason why I'm here. I'm on my 42nd win on the Super Double Line, and next obviously is the double battle boss. I was wondering if anyone had any information on his team, specifically his pokemon's abilities and held items. I can't find out what they are, and I'd like to know my enemy before the battle.
Pokemon | Nature | Item | EVs
Eelektross | Quiet | magnet | HP/Sp.A
Chandelure | Modest | White Herb | HP/Sp.A
Excadrill | Adamant | Life Orb | Atk/Def/Sp.Def
Haxorus | Jolly | Yache Berry | Atk/Speed

All of that from the smogon battle subway thread. Abilities are random. No Pokemon in the subway have their DW ability. You can look up the movesets on the serebii main site. Good luck.

Psycho Cut
11th June 2011, 3:17 PM
Pokemon | Nature | Item | EVs
Eelektross | Quiet | magnet | HP/Sp.A
Chandelure | Modest | White Herb | HP/Sp.A
Excadrill | Adamant | Life Orb | Atk/Def/Sp.Def
Haxorus | Jolly | Yache Berry | Atk/Speed

All of that from the smogon battle subway thread. Abilities are random. No Pokemon in the subway have their DW ability. You can look up the movesets on the serebii main site. Good luck.
Thank you! This has helped a lot :D It's a shame I won't know if the excadrill will have sand rush or sand force though...

TheBluePorygon
11th June 2011, 4:33 PM
I easily beat the single and double trains but I jeep losing on battle 22 on the super train single

Grei
11th June 2011, 6:03 PM
It really does hack, though. There are some Pokemon that have all 510 EVs invested in a single stat in the Battle Subway.

It's ridiculous. ;_;

I plan on challenging the Battle Subway for real some time, but right now... eh.

はるひ
11th June 2011, 6:09 PM
I tried the battle subway and got 24 wins in a row. But it got hard when they brought out the bugs. And both my Hydreigon and Gothitelle are weak to bug.

Grei
11th June 2011, 6:15 PM
I tried the battle subway and got 24 wins in a row. But it got hard when they brought out the bugs. And both my Hydreigon and Gothitelle are weak to bug.

Is it just me, or does the Battle Subway tailor the challenge to your specific team? I swear, while I was battling on the Subway, my lead couldn't handle Tyranitar very well, and the for the next three train cars, Tyranitar was the other trainer's lead.

Lorde
11th June 2011, 7:40 PM
I plan on challenging the Battle Subway for real some time, but right now... eh.

Same here. I've been challenging it recently, but I haven't really been giving it my all. I plan on transferring over some tough Pokemon from HeartGold, and I plan on using those at the Battle Subway. I plan on doing a 100 win streak, so I'll challenge the Battle Subway for real when I'm well and ready. For now, I just battle there for the heck of it.

jolteon135
11th June 2011, 8:41 PM
Thank you! This has helped a lot :D It's a shame I won't know if the excadrill will have sand rush or sand force though...
You're using a sand stream /sandstorm pokemon? >_>
Sand force shouldn't be too much of a problem. His Excadrill is pretty slow and even with the Def/Sp.Def EVs you should be able to OHKO it

It really does hack, though. There are some Pokemon that have all 510 EVs invested in a single stat in the Battle Subway.

It's ridiculous. ;_;

There aren't any Pokemon with 510 EVs in a single stat. Stop lying.

Is it just me, or does the Battle Subway tailor the challenge to your specific team? I swear, while I was battling on the Subway, my lead couldn't handle Tyranitar very well, and the for the next three train cars, Tyranitar was the other trainer's lead.
Yes the battle subway builds their team to have a type advantage against yours and yes the RNG seems to work in their favor. Game Freak probably does that because it would be too time consuming to actual build and program in good teams and strategies for the nearly 200 trainers and every combination of Pokemon they can use.

With that said, I find that people often exaggerate the difficulty of the battle subway. It's definitely possible to get 50+ streaks if your Pokemon have decent IVs, are EV trained and your team is good.

Shockking
12th June 2011, 12:32 AM
I havent been getting very far on the Super trains. Its kinda annoying, but I only EV trained 2 of the mons I use and the other one knida sucks... I think I will make a new team. Then maybe get past 20 wins on Super Single :(

TheBluePorygon
12th June 2011, 1:38 AM
The subway attacks ur teams weaknesses as you get farther on a win streak

BadWolf Churchill
12th June 2011, 4:47 AM
Yay, I just beat Emmet in the super double line which nets me a black trainer card. =)

Here's the battle video if anyone's interested, 95-10978-34985.
Contrary to the battle subway, I actually had a bit of hax in my favour.

General Nonsense
12th June 2011, 4:48 AM
Does anyone know if Darmanitan is any good in the battle subway?

BadWolf Churchill
12th June 2011, 4:57 AM
Does anyone know if Darmanitan is any good in the battle subway?

Darmanitan is great in the single subway. I used one as a lead and it worked wonders. Mine had Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Rock Slide and U-Turn. Give it a scarf and adamant with max speed/attack.

The general idea is to demolish things with Sheer Force Flare Blitz or U-Turn out against something you cant kill. A bulky Milotic or Suicune works well.
:555:

General Nonsense
12th June 2011, 5:03 AM
Darmanitan is great in the single subway. I used one as a lead and it worked wonders. Mine had Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Rock Slide and U-Turn. Give it a scarf and adamant with max speed/attack.

The general idea is to demolish things with Sheer Force Flare Blitz or U-Turn out against something you cant kill. A bulky Milotic or Suicune works well.
:555:

Okay good, I'm planning on using one for Plan G, cuz plans A through F failed

smashbro77
12th June 2011, 7:09 AM
does anybody have any suggestions for doubles teams? i unlocked the super double line but i cant get very far and a was wondering about team suggestions.

jolteon135
12th June 2011, 7:40 AM
does anybody have any suggestions for doubles teams? i unlocked the super double line but i cant get very far and a was wondering about team suggestions.
Tell us what your team is/what you have in mind and we can make suggestions. Don't expect someone to make a team for you. What fun is that?

smashbro77
12th June 2011, 3:55 PM
Tell us what your team is/what you have in mind and we can make suggestions. Don't expect someone to make a team for you. What fun is that?

haha thats fair i guess. i have a lot of ev trained guys that i use for singles but they all have pretty common weaknesses. I really want to use my volcarona and it has heat wave which i think is good for doubles. i was also thinking of putting swampert on there and a garchomp once i breed one. for the last pokemon i was thinking tornadus would be alright but i have very little experience in double battles.

jolteon135
12th June 2011, 5:48 PM
haha thats fair i guess. i have a lot of ev trained guys that i use for singles but they all have pretty common weaknesses. I really want to use my volcarona and it has heat wave which i think is good for doubles. i was also thinking of putting swampert on there and a garchomp once i breed one. for the last pokemon i was thinking tornadus would be alright but i have very little experience in double battles.

Volcarona/Swampert don't pair well. Volcarona and Garchomp limits the use of Earthquake/surf.
If you want to keep Volcarona maybe replace Swampert with Thundurus/Mienshao/Rotom. Thundurus is fast and can take out pesky Pokemon like Gyrados, and maybe Dragonite/Salamence if you can find one with HP Ice. It also take out Terrakion and other rock types. Mienshao is nice for fake out/good offenses and water/flying rotom have good dual STABs to help Volcarona.
I suggest a white Herb set for Volcarona w/ Overheat and Solarbeam. Change Garchomp or Tornadus if you decide to go with Thundurus/flying rotom.

Derp
12th June 2011, 6:22 PM

Get a Garchomp and Zapdos/Thundurus and just spam Earthquake and Discharge. Then for the last 2 use your two best Pokemon.

kusari
12th June 2011, 6:41 PM
I've beaten the Single and Super Single with this team.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Def/40 SDef/216 Spe
Substitute
Leech Seed
Cotton Guard
Taunt

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Bulk Up
Waterfall
Brick Break
Hypnosis

If I were better at double battles I'd try and give Smashbro help.

General Nonsense
13th June 2011, 1:25 AM
Get a Garchomp and Zapdos/Thundurus and just spam Earthquake and Discharge. Then for the last 2 use your two best Pokemon.

I used that strategy with different pokemon and it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I used Electross with a choice scarf (which shockingly outspeeds almost everything) and an excadrill.

RifleAvenger
13th June 2011, 2:04 AM
Does it ever seem like the game counters your team purposefully sometimes? I mean, one time I had my streak on the super's line stopped by a perfect mix of luck that the computer needed to go Torrent activated, custap berry Samurott sweep in my face.

That aside, I found the decision to have a beginners and a "hard" line for every battle type there interesting. Like they're trying to bridge the gap between Emerald's Tower and D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss's farmable Tower.

Psycho Cut
13th June 2011, 7:07 PM
Yeah, the game does counter your teams at times, you just need to make sure you have everything covered. E.g, tyranitar is your lead? Keep encountering fighting types? Get a ghost pokemon you can just switch into, with no harm done :)

pokefan05
24th June 2011, 12:16 AM
I have defeated both super single and double subway masters.But i cant able to beat the super double train.So can anyone tell me an advice on how to beat it? Thank you;392;

~-Overheat-~
24th June 2011, 10:16 AM
Has everyone noticed that the Battle Subway uses pokemon that ALWAYS counter your strategies? Its really unfair imo.

Problem with BW is you cannot find items like Life Orb and Leftovers in the wild. You have to have a lot of BP. I already bought a Choice Band for my Haxorus, and its kicking *** btw! Need Leftovers though.

Roughneck JB
24th June 2011, 10:25 AM
Has everyone noticed that the Battle Subway uses pokemon that ALWAYS counter your strategies? Its really unfair imo.

Problem with BW is you cannot find items like Life Orb and Leftovers in the wild. You have to have a lot of BP. I already bought a Choice Band for my Haxorus, and its kicking *** btw! Need Leftovers though.

Leftovers can also be found via Pickup, if that helps :)

It's not the fact that your strategies are countered, though, so much as luck gradually shifting in the opponent's favour the further you progress.
This may just be me, but a Gyarados flinching your Scrafty twice in a row with Waterfall to win the match is not a normal case of "bad luck"

ChaosBlizzard
27th June 2011, 4:58 AM
You know, dynamically changing your opponents' teams to specifically counter yours is impressive from a technical standpoint, but it's like they don't want us to ever win. The first principle of good AI programming is that making an AI that is literally perfect, and making an AI that is super easy is equally easy, but making an AI that is challenging but beatable, that's what's hard.

I lost to a power trick shuckle last week.

It activated quick claw FIVE TIMES in a row.

The chances for that (18.75%^5) are less then a shiny via MM.

Yeah, real subtle.

BWAHAHAHAHA! That's one of the best Pokemon related things I've ever heard! That's awesome! XD

GameFREAK, you are the ultimate trolls.

Leftovers can also be found via Pickup, if that helps :)

It's gotta be 91-100 iirc, and even then there's a 1% chance.

poopoop
28th June 2011, 1:36 AM
i have a 105 win streak in super single mode!!!

MajinYoshi
28th June 2011, 4:24 PM
I completely fail at Super Double Train. But at least I'm good at Super Single. Outrage, Choice Banded Salamence works well.

TrueSerperior
28th June 2011, 4:42 PM
Gengar solo'd my whole team with Hypnosis+Dream Eater. D:

Lunar Machine
28th June 2011, 7:54 PM
I just got to my 79th battle and then lost to a Garchomp on the super single line D=.

DrasticPhase
28th June 2011, 9:37 PM
I despise BS D: .
on wifi i ALWAYS go up to rank 3 then,i always lose to rank 1 then keep winning to rank 3 and go back rank 1 Dx.
I hate super D:
Mandibuzz can really rape my team of dusclops conkeldurr and hydreigon so i just go single and grind XD

jolteon135
28th June 2011, 10:44 PM
For those of you with 60+ streaks, you can post about them here: Subway Ranking Hall (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=526452)

SnugNBouncy
29th June 2011, 5:11 AM
i have yet to try the battle subway... ive been too busy REing for shinies. i suppose i should be subwaying it up tonight.

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 5:25 AM
Just now,I have a 514 Win Streak with my prized three man squad ! Who agrees that this is too easy ?

poopoop
29th June 2011, 5:39 AM
Just now,I have a 514 Win Streak with my prized three man squad ! Who agrees that this is too easy ?

did you lose at that streak, because 514 is not divisible by 7?

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 5:40 AM
I admit I lost

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 6:02 AM
Hot damn, man, 514? What was your set?

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 6:05 AM
My set was Charizard,Dragonite and Typhlosion,my prized three Poke Squad.I am on fire,I've lost so now I am back at 10 ! Hot Pokemon battles ! Kiai !

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 6:06 AM
Two fire types?

General Nonsense
29th June 2011, 6:08 AM
My set was Charizard,Dragonite and Typhlosion,my prized three Poke Squad.I am on fire,I've lost so now I am back at 10 ! Hot Pokemon battles ! Kiai !

What were your movesets? Just out of curiosity

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 6:08 AM
Well yeah,but Typhlosion only knows 1 Fire move,so you can say I have only 1 Fire Type.Its only Fire move is Sunny Day,for Solarbeam's sake,ya know.I have a streak of 20 now !

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 6:10 AM
General Nonsense is right, I'm curious about the setup.

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 6:14 AM
Charizard :
Earthquake
Blast Burn
Outrage
Flamethrower

Dragonite :
Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Typhlosion :
SolarBeam
Sunny Day
Rock Slide
Focus Blast

General Nonsense
29th June 2011, 6:16 AM
EV spreads? Natures? Items?

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 6:17 AM
Natures were all Docile so stats would remain un-altered and no items.Dunno EV spread.Hot damn 30 !

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 6:22 AM
...Docile natures, no items and not EV trained...? I'm not sure I buy this...

And why Dragon Claw on your otherwise completely specially-minded Dragonite?

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 6:23 AM
Dragonite was not meant to be specially oriented,stupid sister taught him some moves that I decided to keep,Dragon Claw was my replacement for Outrage.

poopoop
29th June 2011, 6:24 AM
Natures were all Docile so stats would remain un-altered and no items.Dunno EV spread.Hot damn 30 !

now i don't believe you anymore because if they were docile and the EV's were randomly spread a suicune would destroy this team with ease.

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 6:27 AM
Yeah I have not run in to much waters anyway,I just losed AGAIN ! Argggh stupid Aggron

poopoop
29th June 2011, 6:35 AM
Yeah I have not run in to much waters anyway,I just losed AGAIN ! Argggh stupid Aggron

going thru the first 100 battles without going against pokemon to kill your team especially a suicune is next to impossible.

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 6:37 AM
I would not take your indirect flaming at me,kindly stop accusing me of lying.

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 6:37 AM
going thru the first 100 battles without going against pokemon to kill your team especially a suicune is next to impossible.

This. I call bs.

poopoop
29th June 2011, 6:55 AM

I'm not saying you are lying, I'm just saying it is very unlikely that team made it that far

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 7:34 AM
Maybe,but it's true

Zuzu14
29th June 2011, 8:38 AM

You are lying. And amateur could not get that far with a horrible Pokemon team like that. Not trying to flame you or harass you. But that is a terrible lie.

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 8:55 AM
^^I wouldn't have been so blunt, but I don't believe it either. No items, neutral natures, not EV'd, two fire types, Dragonite's moveset seemingly unable to make up its mind... if you had said 50 or even 100 I would have believed it, but it was just too high a number.

Radlin
29th June 2011, 9:15 AM
Well, to me, the Battle Subway is really hard for me, especially since there are so many trainers to beat, and it's not really worth challenging it since you only get 3 BP for every 7 Trainers.

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 9:23 AM
...and it's not really worth challenging it since you only get 3 BP for every 7 Trainers.

You get 10 for beating the Subway bosses, and a lot more if you challenge the super line. Just pick 3 random OU Pokemon, EV train them, and grind a bit. You may not get a huge streak, but you'll get all the BP you need in no time.

Radlin
29th June 2011, 9:29 AM
You get 10 for beating the Subway bosses, and a lot more if you challenge the super line. Just pick 3 random OU Pokemon, EV train them, and grind a bit. You may not get a huge streak, but you'll get all the BP you need in no time.
Yeah, but considering that I don't have enough time to train, I don't really care for things like this. And the items are a bit pricey, so I don't really have much use for it.

Zuzu14
29th June 2011, 11:21 AM
^^I wouldn't have been so blunt, but I don't believe it either. No items, neutral natures, not EV'd, two fire types, Dragonite's moveset seemingly unable to make up its mind... if you had said 50 or even 100 I would have believed it, but it was just too high a number.

Ehh, I would rather get to the point then dilly daddle around.

And for record I got 28 on the Super Singles Subway. It can get pretty tough, I'm not the most experienced player, but I used, from memory, Garchomp, Infernape and Machamp. All EV'd, have flawless IV's.

Just started with a Choice Scarf Dynamic Punch and it normally took down half to the whole team, and Garchomp or Infernape would come in and clean up, and take advantage of the confusion hax. I lost to a Starmie sadly..

Skarm-Flier
29th June 2011, 3:49 PM
Guess what ? I took some EV Trained Pokemon from my brother,now I have a 14-win streak,wish me luck with this !

Lorde
29th June 2011, 4:25 PM
Guess what ? I took some EV Trained Pokemon from my brother,now I have a 14-win streak,wish me luck with this !

Great minds think alike I suppose. I take EV-trained Pokemon from my sister's games, since I lack good Pokemon on my own games haha. I managed to do very well at the Battle Subway just a few days ago. I did a 14-win streak using two of my sister's EV-trained Pokemon along with my own Serperior. I was feeling overconfident as I started the third challenge though, and I lost because I was arrogant. I guess I should try and stay focused while battling, rather than letting success go to my head.

poopoop
29th June 2011, 5:26 PM
does anyone else feel like the opponents in the subway have an auto serene grace?
they use rock slide on my tyranitar I flinched 3 times in a row
they use ice beam then my focus sash garchomp freezes←the most annoying of all
they use psychic on my regirock (in sand storm FTW) SpeD fell, then fell again on the next hit, then i die on the next one

just so you know these are not from the same battle fortunately (i would cry if they were)

Radlin
29th June 2011, 5:36 PM
does anyone else feel like the opponents in the subway have an auto serene grace?
they use rock slide on my tyranitar I flinched 3 times in a row
they use ice beam then my focus sash garchomp freezes←the most annoying of all
they use psychic on my regirock (in sand storm FTW) SpeD fell, then fell again on the next hit, then i die on the next one

just so you know these are not from the same battle fortunately (i would cry if they were)
It's because they use Hax, a feature on opponets where they give attacks more power, accuracy, high chance of secondary effect, etc.
And it does also annoy me, as it ruined my nearly 21 streak.

Psynergy
29th June 2011, 10:46 PM
The hax in the subway is what makes it famous, or should I say infamous. The hax eventually caught up to me and ruined my 33 win streak. Who knew a Ninjask with Swords Dance and Baton Pass could do so much for you?

Psycho Cut
29th June 2011, 10:52 PM
Yes, the Battle Subway does hax, but that's the best way to make it gradually harder and test you.

Psynergy
29th June 2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah, sometimes I wish Subway had no hax, but that's what makes it challenging. I guess it would be boring without hax to challenge us. Even then, I'm more worried about Hydro Pump missing than I already was otherwise.

Universe Chaser
29th June 2011, 11:29 PM
I was dominating with my team of Metagross, Salamence, and Porygon2 earlier today, and blew my Super Singles record out of the water and got 47. These were all EV trained, had at least nearly perfect IV's, and ACTUALLY HAD ITEMS. Now, I know I'm not an incredible player, but even a master couldn't get 514 with those guys with those sets without items.

ChaosBlizzard
29th June 2011, 11:32 PM
Just so we're all clear about this, the game doesn't literally "turn on hax." Like, the devs didn't just click some checkbox that said like "Activate hax" when designing the Battle Subway.

One of the best abusers of "hax" as you all like to call it is Jirachi. Jirachi can abuse STAB Iron Head, which has a 15% chance of flinch, because his Serene Grace bumps that up to a 30% chance. But the game has to have some mathematical way of translating a such-and-such percentage into an actual mathematical operation. The game generates a random number between 0 and 99 every time you use the move (or 1 and 100 if you prefer, but the RNG is zero based), and if the number it generates is within the error margin (in Jirachi's case, if the number if 0, 29, or anything in between), then it causes the flinch to happen. That's how the game actually determines whether things with a certain percent chance of happening should happen or not. But any random number generator can be "weighted." Suppose you want it to generate a random number between 0 and 4; the values it could generate would be 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4. But you could "weight" one particular number or set of numbers and increase the chances. For instance, say we weight the number 3 in our example; it might potentially generate 0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 or 4. 3 has a much higher chance of showing up in that case, meaning it is a "weighted" random number generator.

When you all say that the Battle Subway "uses hax," the game is really just weighting the random number generator in its favor, and against your favor. If you use a move like Hydro Pump, which has an 80% chance of hitting, it has to do that same process, and can weight the RNG such that it makes it more likely to miss than hit; conversely, if the AI uses Hydro Pump, it could weight the RNG such that it is more likely to hit. "Using hax" is not how the game or the devs think of it; the Battle Subway simply weights the RNG such that it turns up positive things in the AI's favor more often, and against your favor more often.

Universe Chaser
29th June 2011, 11:35 PM
Just so we're all clear about this, the game doesn't literally "turn on hax." Like, the devs didn't just click some checkbox that said like "Activate hax" when designing the Battle Subway.

One of the best abusers of "hax" as you all like to call it is Jirachi. Jirachi can abuse STAB Iron Head, which has a 15% chance of flinch, because his Serene Grace bumps that up to a 30% chance. But the game has to have some mathematical way of translating a such-and-such percentage into an actual mathematical operation. The game generates a random number between 0 and 99 every time you use the move (or 1 and 100 if you prefer, but the RNG is zero based), and if the number it generates is within the error margin (in Jirachi's case, if the number if 0, 29, or anything in between), then it causes the flinch to happen. That's how the game actually determines whether things with a certain percent chance of happening should happen or not. But any random number generator can be "weighted." Suppose you want it to generate a random number between 0 and 4; the values it could generate would be 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4. But you could "weight" one particular number or set of numbers and increase the chances. For instance, say we weight the number 3 in our example; it might potentially generate 0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 or 4. 3 has a much higher chance of showing up in that case, meaning it is a "weighted" random number generator.

When you all say that the Battle Subway "uses hax," the game is really just weighting the random number generator in its favor, and against your favor. If you use a move like Hydro Pump, which has an 80% chance of hitting, it has to do that same process, and can weight the RNG such that it makes it more likely to miss than hit; conversely, if the AI uses Hydro Pump, it could weight the RNG such that it is more likely to hit. "Using hax" is not how the game or the devs think of it; the Battle Subway simply weights the RNG such that it turns up positive things in the AI's favor more often, and against your favor more often.

Wow, that's a great way of explaining it. I'm showing this to m little brother, he just wasn't understanding my explanation...

poopoop
30th June 2011, 12:33 AM
Well, to me, the Battle Subway is really hard for me, especially since there are so many trainers to beat, and it's not really worth challenging it since you only get 3 BP for every 7 Trainers.

after a while you will gain 4, then after the next seven people you gain 5,then after the next seven you get 6, until you start gaining 10 everytime you beat 7 trainers, then its just 10 each time you beat 7 trainers from there on and your win streak should be pretty high by this time

Zuzu14
30th June 2011, 12:51 PM
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102593

Just go there and see the top record. He holds the highest record (with proof) in DPPt with over 2000 win streak.

Now, would you please give use proof that you got that streak Skarm-Flier. Because really, you can't not expect us to be highly doubtful. Just go to the Vs Recorder, and find your way to the Battle Subway records, and take a snapshot.

I'm finding the Battle Subway way more fun then Random Match-up, and that's not because they all disconnect. I just find it really fun, and I keep versing them.

TrueSerperior
1st July 2011, 2:04 AM
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102593

Just go there and see the top record. He holds the highest record (with proof) in DPPt with over 2000 win streak.

Now, would you please give use proof that you got that streak Skarm-Flier. Because really, you can't not expect us to be highly doubtful. Just go to the Vs Recorder, and find your way to the Battle Subway records, and take a snapshot.

2000,I wonder how long that took...

Vandslaux
1st July 2011, 2:06 AM
What's a good cleaner in Rain that has synergy with Politoed and Omastar?

MetalSonic
1st July 2011, 2:45 AM
What's a good cleaner in Rain that has synergy with Politoed and Omastar?

Ehh, Toxicroak?

RiseOfZekrom
1st July 2011, 2:49 AM
Starmie and Thundurus work.

Vandslaux
1st July 2011, 3:07 AM
Ehh, Toxicroak?
Uh, I was just using a Toxicroak, lol, but ok.

MetalSonic
1st July 2011, 3:13 AM
Uh, I was just using a Toxicroak, lol, but ok.

Aww yea. Slap some Drain Punch on him. I actually use one with a lot of success on the Subway.

Vandslaux
1st July 2011, 4:28 AM
I use:
Drain Punch
Sucker Punch
Fake Out (double priority, allows me to revenge kill pokes with Sturdy activated, AKA 1 HP)
Rock Slide (Stone Edge when I find it.)
I'm thinking of changing for this:

Klinklang @ Rocky Helmet
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
Substitute
Shift Gear
Gear Grind
Volt Switch

Basically, I need something that can sweep without any boosts, clean up what Omastar left behind from his Shell Smash sweep. Now that I think about it, this is getting appealing:

Starmie @Life Orb
Timid
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunder
Recover

Thing is, this gives me a giant Grass weakness and a large Electric weakness. (Politoed, Omastar, Starmie) as opposed to Toxicroak, who has good defensive typing for the team, but lacks a high Attack stat, compared to other Fighting-types.

AquaRegisteel
1st July 2011, 4:02 PM
SD+Sucker Punch absolutely wrecks a lot of things, so I would try that^

Vandslaux
1st July 2011, 5:37 PM
I just lost, Dragonite spammed Thunderbolt, Haxorus beat Toxicroak w/ +1 Outrage. Now I'm REALLY thinking about Ferrothorn.

Psynergy
2nd July 2011, 8:10 PM
I lost on my fourth challenge. A Houndoom changed my Rain weather, ruining Raikou's Thunder, and I lost because of Blaziken's sun boosted Flare Blitz. The recoil beat both Dragonite and Blaziken, both our last pokemon. It's not fair that it counts as your loss when both trainers lose all their pokemon, no matter the situation.

Vandslaux
2nd July 2011, 8:13 PM
I'm using Hydreigon as a cleaner. Now I need a decent physical Steel with synergy with Hydreigon. I was using Klinklang, but... he wasn't working very well. Maybe Escalavier? Has his Fire weakness lowered in Rain, still is a Fire move magnet due to typing, Hydreigon can switch in on Fire moves and Ground and Water and can beat Steels with Surf.

Psynergy
2nd July 2011, 8:15 PM
How about Empoleon or Ferrothorn?

D-World
2nd July 2011, 8:16 PM
Does this just happen to me?

As I gradually fight the trainers, they get stronger (this is factual), but they almost always have the perfect counter to your team (i had 6 trainers in a row with the same poké --")

Vandslaux
2nd July 2011, 8:18 PM
Empoleon: leaves me walled by Blissey.
Ferrothorn: Actually, that was the example I was thinking of for synergy with Hydreigon. Lures Fire moves for Hydreigon to take minimal damage from in Rain? Only problem is the Fighting weakness, but I guess after a few Curses, they shouldn't hurt too much.

Psynergy
2nd July 2011, 8:18 PM
^Ooh, I forgot Blissey. I'd maybe go Ferrothorn if you can beat Fighting types. Scizor might work too.

I feel the same. The 7th trainer had a Swift Swim Floatzel against my rain team. More than coincidental if you ask me.

Vandslaux
2nd July 2011, 8:19 PM
Does this just happen to me?

As I gradually fight the trainers, they get stronger (this is factual), but they almost always have the perfect counter to your team (i had 6 trainers in a row with the same poké --")

How about a Salamence that Brick Breaks when I switch in Hydreigon from Klinklang, then EQs Klinklang? T_T Just plain cheap.

Also, when they carry slower weather inducers for a weather team? Yeah, I'd say they seem to have the perfect counter for your team.

Also, when against your Toxic Stall DrizzleToed, you find Ferrothorn leads?

Universe Chaser
2nd July 2011, 8:40 PM
The worst part is once you get far enough that Scarfed Guillotine Pinsirs are all over the place.

Psynergy
2nd July 2011, 9:04 PM
The worst part is once you get far enough that Scarfed Guillotine Pinsirs are all over the place.

What?! D:
Now I'm scared of the subway. I thought that a Specs Porygon-Z only knowing Hyper Beam would raise my confidence. Now, it's all gone. :/

Vandslaux
2nd July 2011, 9:26 PM
Scarfed Pinsir = scary. IIRC, it has a 2.7% chance to OHKO your whole team consecutively? (30% X 30% X 30%)
Could anyone rate this team?

Politoed @ Leftovers
Calm
Drizzle
252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Toxic
Encore
Protect
Scald

This guy is amazing at stalling.

Klinklang @ Iron Plate
Adamant
Minus (like it really matters..)
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Shift Gear
Gear Grind
Volt Switch
Substitute

Sub, Shift Gear until it breaks, sweep. When in trouble, Volt Switch to Hydreigon. I'm REALLY looking into a replacement: this guy almost needs to rely on Hydreigon to deal damage. IMO, he's also outclassed by pretty much any Steel-type out there, Ferrothorn, Escalavier, Scizor, etc. There's a lot to choose from.

Hydreigon @ Dragon Gem
Timid
Levitate
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
U-Turn
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Surf

Dragon Gem gives Draco Meteor a much more powerful initial hit. U-Turn is for switching out after the Draco Meteor, or staying in if he can deal serious damage, which he can, most of the time. Draco Meteor is Draco Meteor, the powerful Dragon-type move that can have it's side effect removed with U-Turn. Dark Pulse is STAB. Surf is psuedo STAB in rain and coverage against Steels. The havoc this guy wreaks on everything is crazy. I guess Audino grinding for a few hours after EV training really paid off. I'm really considering White Herb on this guy so he can use Draco Meteor 2 times in a row. (Imagines Hydreigon destroying 2/3 of the foe's team, remembers that that's already happened a lot of times)

Scarfed Pinsir seems scarier than Fissure Dugtrio from BT. Trust me, I ran into Fissure Dugtrio with my Platinum BT team. It got to 88 before I got careless and lost. (STUPID STUPID STUPID, Suicune CMing on a Staraptor's locked Brave Bird??)

Universe Chaser
2nd July 2011, 9:35 PM
What?! D:
Now I'm scared of the subway. I thought that a Specs Porygon-Z only knowing Hyper Beam would raise my confidence. Now, it's all gone. :/

Yeah, it's horrifying. I've only run into two on my most recent run around the 85-90 mark but the guys with higher records can vouch that they increase in frequency, and they specifically keep a lead that can outspeed them.

As for the team, like you said, Klingklang is outclassed by load of steepl types, so take your pick. I'm not a huge fan of Hydreigon; he has too many common weaknesses for me to like him in the Subway. If you want to use him, though, by all means go for it. You have a solid moveset, and White Herb is a great idea for DM.

Vandslaux
2nd July 2011, 9:42 PM
Well, at least I got Klinklang for my dex.

Universe Chaser
2nd July 2011, 9:45 PM
Well, at least I got Klinklang for my dex.

It's not bad, there are just others who are way better.

coolioness
2nd July 2011, 9:52 PM
I got 2 like, 6 on supa singal
havent even tried double
what would be a good team for doubles?

Vandslaux
2nd July 2011, 10:01 PM
I got to 20 in Super Doubles with this team:

Politoed @ Leftovers
Drizzle
Calm
252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Encore

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Adamant
184 HP/252 Atk/36 Def/36 SDef
Drain Punch
Rock Slide
Sucker Punch
Fake Out

Kingdra @ Absorb Bulb
Naive
Swift Swim
4 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
Waterfall
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse

Ludicolo @Splash Plate
Modest
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Fake Out

Anyways, I've decided on Scizor (I'll need help pokeshifting), Escalavier, or Ferrothorn.
Obviously, Escalavier would give a massive attack with rock-bottom Speed, Scizor would give an attacking monster with special frailty, and Ferrothorn does you-know-what. What would be best? Honestly, I'm interested in all of them, except maybe Escalavier, but you just can't ignore that Attack and those defenses! Ferrothorn gives me another (physically oriented mixed) wall with a boosting move and powerful STABs, who I'm most interested in.

Psynergy
2nd July 2011, 11:08 PM
As long as I can get at least 60 without finding a scarfed Pinsir, I'll be happy.

Well, I'd go Ferrothorn if Fighting types are no problem. Scizor is great, but I tried him. Enemy waters take huge advantage on your rain. Try Ferrothorn.

PandaChef
5th July 2011, 9:30 PM
I have a ev trained volcarona with right nature and a ev trained salamence with right nature what would be a good third pokemon for single battle subway?

Psynergy
5th July 2011, 10:16 PM
I have a ev trained volcarona with right nature and a ev trained salamence with right nature what would be a good third pokemon for single battle subway?

You need a Rock resistance, because they'll crush those two. A steel type would fit nicely on your team.

rocky505
5th July 2011, 10:32 PM
You need a Rock resistance, because they'll crush those two. A steel type would fit nicely on your team. Ferrothorn would do the job.

jolteon135
5th July 2011, 11:56 PM

I like Scizor more than Ferrothorn for offensive teams but maybe that's just me. Currently have a 70+ streak going with Darmanitan, Latios and Scizor. :)

Also right nature alone isn't going to get you a large streak (60+) in the subway. You need decent IVs too. /learn to nature+IV breed

PandaChef
6th July 2011, 10:35 PM
Which is ability is better for scizor technician or light metal?

jolteon135
6th July 2011, 10:37 PM
Technician.

Alex048
6th July 2011, 10:38 PM
Just unlocked Super Singles and Super Doubles today.

arceus7
6th July 2011, 10:54 PM
has anyone used the battle institute? I won 3 out of 5 battles ( dragonite sweeped my team ._. ) and I got a normal rating xD

jolteon135
6th July 2011, 11:27 PM
has anyone used the battle institute? I won 3 out of 5 battles ( dragonite sweeped my team ._. ) and I got a normal rating xD

Just tested it out. It's the same trainers as the subway but it seems much easier. 4 out of 5/ Hyper rank on my first try. 5 out 5 Elite rank on my second try using my current subway team of Darmanitan, Latios, Scizor.

Lost on the first try 'cause Latias got a crit Draco Meteor on Scizor.

arceus7
6th July 2011, 11:58 PM
lol yeah I had a subpar team the first time since it was just superior my monkey and a braviary.

Why not use bronzong?
Otherwise ferrothorn is your best bet

Psynergy
7th July 2011, 12:45 AM
I like Scizor more than Ferrothorn for offensive teams but maybe that's just me. Currently have a 70+ streak going with Darmanitan, Latios and Scizor. :)

Also right nature alone isn't going to get you a large streak (60+) in the subway. You need decent IVs too. /learn to nature+IV breed

I'm truly jealous of you. My streak is only 47. I hate legendary trainers! >.<

Yeah, also, along with nature+IV's, you'll need good judgement skills. Having the toughest pokemon doesn't mean a thing if you don't know how to use them. Of course, a little bit of luck helps.

jolteon135
7th July 2011, 1:14 AM
lol yeah I had a subpar team the first time since it was just superior my monkey and a braviary.

Why not use bronzong?
Otherwise ferrothorn is your best bet
Scizor is on my team to deal with Water/Ice Pokemon, dragons and fast rock types like Aerodactyl/Archeops.
Bronzong has a low attack stat and doesn't help against water/ice Pokemon or mold breaker Haxorus. Plus it doesn't fit the offensive nature of my team. This team is meant to overpower the opponent with ridiculously powerful STAB moves (flare blitz & Draco meteor) then have Scizor clean up.
Ferrothorn can't fill that role because it takes neutral damage from ice and it's really slow so if I switch it in it will be taking 2 hits before it can hit back. 2 hits is a lot of time for something to go wrong (blizzard/ice beam crit or freeze).
Scizor can switch in and OHKO most water/ice Pokemon before they can get a second hit in. Bug bite & priority Bullet Punch has saved me many times too so I'm sticking with Scizor. :)

I'm truly jealous of you. My streak is only 47. I hate legendary trainers! >.<

Yeah, also, along with nature+IV's, you'll need good judgement skills. Having the toughest pokemon doesn't mean a thing if you don't know how to use them. Of course, a little bit of luck helps.
Aw, I remember getting 45 with my first test subway team. Lol I was pretty mad. Just 4 away from the trophy!!!
Keep at it, you'll get a higher streak eventually! :)

Everyone hates legendary trainers.

EDIT: 58-31729-73072 <---Video from current streak. Ending is hilarious.

ShadowScar Knight
7th July 2011, 1:53 AM
I've only managed to beat the Super Double Trains a few days ago... such agonizing hours of retrying. Hurf.

I dunno if I feel like going through it all again for Super Single or Super Multi... well, if I can find a reliable local friend to play with, then I'll try Multi. That computer controlled AI partner is not exactly the most... reliable option.

But even if I can't succeed at those, the trophy is certainly nice to look at at my room. I didn't go any further than beating Emmet. :P

Psynergy
7th July 2011, 2:04 AM
I facepalm every time I see a pokemon lose to something it can easily beat. Encore? Acrobatics?! No fire moves?!? XD

I'm going to give subway another try. If I don't fight a DD Latios, I'm fine.

General Nonsense
7th July 2011, 4:18 PM
My longest streak is only 23. I was going to win the battle, but then my Ferrothrorn was OHKO'd by Horn Drill, making me lose. I am about ready to give up on the battle subway completely...nothing I do works.

Rezzuréct
8th July 2011, 2:54 AM
Last night I just crushed the Multi Train Leader with my friend, and now we try to beat the leader on Super Multi Train but it doesn't work yet...

Vandslaux
8th July 2011, 8:39 PM
I've been trying Ferrothorn on my rain team, and he OHKOes almost their whole team.

Vandslaux
8th July 2011, 10:53 PM
Sorry for double posting, but omg... I just beat Ingo.

I sent out Politoed, he sent out Excadrill. He EQs, I Encore, Politoed dies next turn, Latios OHKOes with Surf, OHKOes Chandelure w/ Surf, and OHKOes Haxorus with Draco Meteor.

I'm guessing now I see legendary trainers?

Psynergy
9th July 2011, 3:38 AM
Sorry for double posting, but omg... I just beat Ingo.

I sent out Politoed, he sent out Excadrill. He EQs, I Encore, Politoed dies next turn, Latios OHKOes with Surf, OHKOes Chandelure w/ Surf, and OHKOes Haxorus with Draco Meteor.

I'm guessing now I see legendary trainers?

You could have fought them as early as battle 35, like me. In fact, the only reason I haven't won yet is because a legendary trainer beat me the battle beofre Ingo. :/

Lucky you, since I assume you didn't run into a legendary trainer. Congratulations! :)
Now you have the doubles train, I assume?

Geekje
9th July 2011, 4:56 AM
Last night I just crushed the Multi Train Leader with my friend, and now we try to beat the leader on Super Multi Train but it doesn't work yet...

Have either you or your friend yet to beat the Elite four?

jolteon135
9th July 2011, 11:16 AM
11-07776-31686 <---current streak #96

So I'm up to 98 now on my current streak. Really hope I can break 100+. Been taking it slow because I find that when I play for extended periods I get too cocky and make stupid moves without putting a lot of thought into them.

SilverLugiaJ
9th July 2011, 2:25 PM
Haha I'm just going to post a couple things that I have to say about the Battle Subway:

I like the design. It's a really cool battle system, and you can always return to Nimbasa to get different Pokemon after 7 wins. I love all of the different subway lines you can take too. It adds diversity, and keeps things less monotonous. Hax are VERY prevalent though, which can be EXTREMELY annoying. For example, I was on my last Pokemon, and then their Pokemon used Guillotine. And it hit. That move has a 30% chance of hitting. So in conclusion, a very well EV Trained team will triumph in the long run.

Vandslaux
9th July 2011, 2:32 PM
I ran into one trainer around 35 with a Tornadus, a Raikou, and a Landorus. Also, one time, I ran into a Scarfed Guillotine Pinsir AND a ResTalk Walrein w/ Fissure and Sheer Cold, AND a Fissure Wailord.

Electric
9th July 2011, 2:36 PM
Do battles in the Battle Subway lag for anyone else? Anyways I'm hoping to beat Ingo and Emmet in the multi trains. I'm going to use Scrafty and Reuniclus while my partner uses Eelektross and Excadrill.

Vandslaux
9th July 2011, 5:22 PM
Not really, for me. Anybody have any opinions about MS Dragonite in the Subway? That defenses boost could very well help him survive crits.

poopoop
9th July 2011, 5:38 PM
Not really, for me. Anybody have any opinions about MS Dragonite in the Subway? That defenses boost could very well help him survive crits.

you can also set up a DD more safely with him too

Vandslaux
9th July 2011, 10:21 PM
I just got a high enough streak for the Ranking Hall. (63, and I'm still going, so may get higher)

Twonky
20th July 2011, 6:09 PM

I just got to 49 wins on the Super Single Subway using a team with MS Dragonite, and he worked very well. I also used a choice specs Starmie and a Scizor to round out the team.

ShadowScar Knight
20th July 2011, 10:19 PM
My team of a bulky Milotic, Life Orb Jolly Gallade and my DW Mixed Dragonite have just won me the Super Single Trains challenge, even against extremely close hax-induced calls. <3

So now all that remains is the Super Multi Train... sadly I don't know anyone local to help me with that, as I do NOT trust the stupid AI. I can't tell you how many times Hilda has ruined my plans -- and winning streaks. Hurf. D:

bara
22nd July 2011, 6:04 PM
help me with the team of battle subway who help get prizes!!! pm

Taurosman
23rd July 2011, 7:19 AM
So I've been trying to fight the Battle Subway for quite some time and I only have a 22 win streak in Super Double and about a 17 on Super Single. I've been using a hail team but then I kinda remembered it's mostly UU and might not be the best to fight the Subway people but damn it's hard! I'll try to train some other types but kudos to all others doing better than me.

Paradoxe
23rd July 2011, 8:23 AM
Did my first run on the Battle Subway, and I have to say it's pretty cool. I like the music and Hilbert had some pretty good Pokemon. I probably wouldn't get past the next round though.

JD
23rd July 2011, 11:35 AM
So I tried the Battle Subway for the first time yesterday and I had a 19 win streak with my Scrafty, Samurott and Braviary. So I battled some trainer and I forget the first two Pokemon they had but they used a Jellicent and I only had Samurott left. Of course all of my moves got disabled because of cursed body but I managed to get it to red and I had like 5 hp left unfortunately for me the stupid Jellicent killed me with Psychic and I lost

The Eleventh
23rd July 2011, 5:01 PM
I really want to challenge the Subway again, but I want to be prepared. I'm going to be using Garchomp and Ferrothorn, but can't think of a last member. I want Togekiss, but it seems to be out of limits (Gen IV tutor moves are a must, and I'm terrible at Gen IV RNGing). Suggestions?

True FireX
23rd July 2011, 5:12 PM
Is my Team good for subway?
Ferrothorn: with Stealth Rocks, Leech Seed, Protect and Power whip
252 HP 168 Sp Def 88 Def Item: Leftovers.

Volcarona: with Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance and Psychic
252 Sp Atk 252 Speed 6 HP Item: Life Orb. Ability: Flame Body

Mienshao: with Fake Out, U-Turn, Stone Edge and Hi Jump Kick
252 Atk 252 Speed 6 HP Item: Life Orb. Ability: Regenerator

Only thing i can thing of i need is Ice against Dragons :/
Are they alot of them in the Subway?

The Eleventh
23rd July 2011, 8:44 PM
Definitely give Gyro Ball to Ferrothorn; it's a must. Its low Speed works perfectly with it, and it's a STAB move.

jolteon135
23rd July 2011, 8:59 PM
I really want to challenge the Subway again, but I want to be prepared. I'm going to be using Garchomp and Ferrothorn, but can't think of a last member. I want Togekiss, but it seems to be out of limits (Gen IV tutor moves are a must, and I'm terrible at Gen IV RNGing). Suggestions?
Trade? That's the beauty of the internet/wifi.
I'm not really sure why tutor moves are a must. Trick and heat wave are the only good tutor moves I see and flamethrower is probably better than heat wave in the subway. I suppose roost is a good gen 4 TM move too but I would only run a scarfed set on a subway Togekiss so no need for roost.

No stealth rocks. Your opponent isn't going to switch so it's a huge waste of a turn.
Fiery Dance is a bit weak. Try flamethrower .
Stone edge in the subway? No accuracy boosting item or move? That's not going to work out well.
The subway has an item clause. You can't use the same item on more than 1 Pokemon. Maybe a Focus Sash on Mienshao or Volcarona.

complete legitimacy
24th July 2011, 2:53 AM
Yeah as soon as I got to Nimbasa City I challenged the Battle Subway with level 30 Zorua, Pansage, and Pignite. Got a 1 win streak just cuz I spammed Foul Play.

Vandslaux
24th July 2011, 3:13 AM

I actually lost to them many times before I used Ferrothorn. And where is any Dragon weakness? Ferrothorn resists it, Mienshao can Stone Edge them (He outspeeds all of them except Lati@s) or HJK them.

munnafn22
24th July 2011, 5:42 AM
I'm still working on the single and double battle's trains.

True FireX
24th July 2011, 12:42 PM
No stealth rocks. Your opponent isn't going to switch so it's a huge waste of a turn.
Fiery Dance is a bit weak. Try flamethrower .
Stone edge in the subway? No accuracy boosting item or move? That's not going to work out well.
The subway has an item clause. You can't use the same item on more than 1 Pokemon. Maybe a Focus Sash on Mienshao or Volcarona.

Well if a switch out Stealth rocks for Gyro Ball is that good?

And i have already switched to Flamethrower but Which one should i Get Focus Sash for? Im thinking Mienshao Because I Recently got Sweeped by a scarfed darmanitan with Flare blitz and it 1 hit KOed all my guys :(

oh and for Stone Edge it is my only thing against Fire so what should i use thats better than Stone edge against Fire?

HeroXD
24th July 2011, 6:57 PM
Well, I use a Choice band Haxrous with outrage. It normally OHKO's the first 2 or all 3 (depending on how many times outrage hits before confusing Haxorous) pokemon in the super singles. It is a very good strategy. I also have a Fly Gem/Acrobatics Archeops and Choice Specs Chandelure in that team. I got around to a 35 streak. A stupid Latios outspeed all of my pokemon using Outrage. And of course it didn't hurt itself in confusion when I needed it too. Man these subways are tough.

ParaChomp
24th July 2011, 7:32 PM
Best way to rack up points? Wi-Fi train. I've been using custom sets for my Gliscor, Vaporeon and Whimsicott and have been doing quite well. Still can't beat those rank 2 trains though.

jolteon135
25th July 2011, 1:00 AM
Well if a switch out Stealth rocks for Gyro Ball is that good?

And i have already switched to Flamethrower but Which one should i Get Focus Sash for? Im thinking Mienshao Because I Recently got Sweeped by a scarfed darmanitan with Flare blitz and it 1 hit KOed all my guys :(

oh and for Stone Edge it is my only thing against Fire so what should i use thats better than Stone edge against Fire?
Yes switching stealth rocks for Gyro Ball would be good. Mienshao doesn't have a whole lot available. I guess you can keep stone edge if you're using it solely for fire types it's not a very reliable move. The focus sash would suit Mienshao.

Vandslaux
1st August 2011, 11:37 PM
I don't really think Ferrothorn's pulling it's weight anymore. Politoed Focus Blasted Walrein, dealt about 50%, Fissure hits, Thundurus KOes with Thunder, Vanilluxe KOes w/ Ice Beam, Ferrothorn KOes with Gyro Ball, Beartic SDes twice against Ferrothorn and OHKOed with BB. I lost at 34. My team:

Politoed @Choice Scarf
Timid
Drizzle
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
Focus Blast
Ice Beam
Surf
Hyper Voice

Focus Blast for coverage (I know, I should replace it, but with what? I already have an Electric-type, so no HP Electric) Ice Beam for coverage, Surf for STAB, Hyper Voice for Normal/Water coverage.

Thundurus @Life Orb
Timid
Prankster
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
Thunder
HP Ice
Nasty Plot
Grass Knot

Thunder is stab, HP Ice is coverage, Nasty Plot for boosting, Grass Knot for coverage.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Sassy
Iron Barbs
252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
Curse
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
Toxic

Really unsure if I should replace with Starmie. Curse for boosting, Gyro Ball for STAB, Power Whip for STAB, Protect for stalling lefties.

Mavm
2nd August 2011, 6:05 AM
what do youy think of this team for the super battle subway

starmie

natural cure
timid nature
ev 255 speed - special attack 220 - hp 30
wise glases/life orb

hit hard, hit fast , nothing else

surf
psychic
thunderbolt
ice beam

tyranitar
hardy nature
ev speed 255 - attack 255
focus sash ( for opponent using any fighting move)

brickbreak
Stone edge
crunch
thunder fang

focus sash is for oponnet like alakazam with focus blast o any kind fighting pokemon.

garchomp
sand veil
item: brightpowder
adamant nature
ev : speed 255 attack 255

double team ( use when sandstream of tyranitar is in use and with brightpowder give a little boost ,)
fire fang
earthquake
dragon claw.

well double team with the ability of sand veil and brightpowder gives a nice boost for evasion...

any suggestion ??

Vandslaux
2nd August 2011, 3:52 PM
GAH!! I lost on battle 5 to an Excadrill. The last time, I lost to a Hariyama. The last time, I lost to another Excadrill. Why? All of those pokes had a move that's SE against Thundurus. Now I'm REALLY considering replacing him with Starmie. Just something that isn't going to get my team wrecked whenever those pokes come in.

Creeper
2nd August 2011, 3:59 PM
GAH!! I lost on battle 5 to an Excadrill. The last time, I lost to a Hariyama. The last time, I lost to another Excadrill. Why? All of those pokes had a move that's SE against Thundurus. Now I'm REALLY considering replacing him with Starmie. Just something that isn't going to get my team wrecked whenever those pokes come in.

Then you'll see Rotom-W.

Vandslaux
2nd August 2011, 6:51 PM
Then you'll see Rotom-W.

What do you mean? All Rotom forms (including normal) aren't in the subway.

jolteon135
2nd August 2011, 7:09 PM
^You're right (no rotoms in the subway) but I think he was trying to say the subway will adapt to counter your team. I.e. if you use starmie they'll just throw something at you that counters/checks Starmie.

arceus7
2nd August 2011, 8:41 PM
Here is a team I use in the subway double battles

audino+beehyem
druddigon+ferrothorn/crustle/gigalith]

audino leads with after you which makes beehyem go right after audino ( he usually gets ko'd before he gets the last turn to use trick room so that ends up sucking. Then I switch in the rocks pokemon and he lays the damage . Then here comes my main man, DRRUUUUUUDDDDIIIIIGGGGGOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNN

he gets off a sword dance
next turn he spams earthquake/dragontail/outrage with my beheeyem ( telepathy)

I just want to ask you guys, whats better on beehyem, energy ball or shadow ball?

+ heal pulse = DIE DIE DIE YOU BLOODY EMMET ! GARBORDOR IS SUCKY ,j WHY IS IT WALLING MY MIENSHAO/HYDREIGON

Vandslaux
2nd August 2011, 9:31 PM
I just got haxed by the Haxway at battle 43: I had Thundurus and Ferrothorn left, they had Jynx and Cryogonal left, Thundurus Thunder'd Jynx and KOed, Cryogonal came out, I switch to Ferrothorn, he Sheer Colds me, I knew I was done, thanks to Cryogonal's insane special bulk. Yeah, I just went for the Thunder, he Blizzards, game over.

jolteon135
2nd August 2011, 9:35 PM
I just got haxed by the Haxway at battle 43: I had Thundurus and Ferrothorn left, they had Jynx and Cryogonal left, Thundurus Thunder'd Jynx and KOed, Cryogonal came out, I switch to Ferrothorn, he Sheer Colds me, I knew I was done, thanks to Cryogonal's insane special bulk. Yeah, I just went for the Thunder, he Blizzards, game over.

Why would you switch if you had 2 Pokemon left and the opponent only had 1 left? It's not like you were locked into a bad move.

Vandslaux
2nd August 2011, 10:15 PM
A Thundurus w/o physical attacks isn't going to OHKO Cryogonal before he Blizzards me. Yeah, I guess I should have sacrificed Thundurus and KOed with Ferrothorn. After that battle happened, I put Brick Break over Grass Knot on Thundurus.

Vandslaux
2nd August 2011, 10:17 PM
Here is a team I use in the subway double battles

audino+beehyem
druddigon+ferrothorn/crustle/gigalith]

audino leads with after you which makes beehyem go right after audino ( he usually gets ko'd before he gets the last turn to use trick room so that ends up sucking. Then I switch in the rocks pokemon and he lays the damage . Then here comes my main man, DRRUUUUUUDDDDIIIIIGGGGGOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNN

he gets off a sword dance
next turn he spams earthquake/dragontail/outrage with my beheeyem ( telepathy)

I just want to ask you guys, whats better on beehyem, energy ball or shadow ball?

+ heal pulse = DIE DIE DIE YOU BLOODY EMMET ! GARBORDOR IS SUCKY ,j WHY IS IT WALLING MY MIENSHAO/HYDREIGON

A team is usually not very good if it can't sweep the Normal line boss.

arceus7
2nd August 2011, 10:49 PM
yeah. but I switched and now I have a 42 win streak.

Onyx Umeki
2nd August 2011, 10:53 PM
Me and my friend always lose in the super multi train on like the third streak, super annoying.

Like, it's always random things that beat us <_<....

We are using a team of Lucario, Weavile, Rotom-Heat, and Arcainine.

jolteon135
2nd August 2011, 11:41 PM
A Thundurus w/o physical attacks isn't going to OHKO Cryogonal before he Blizzards me. Yeah, I guess I should have sacrificed Thundurus and KOed with Ferrothorn. After that battle happened, I put Brick Break over Grass Knot on Thundurus.

It doesn't matter if you couldn't OHKO it. Why would you risk the switch when you have the advantage? Just use Thunder and let Thundurus faint. It could have used Blizzard and got a crit or a freeze on your Ferrothorn on the switch. I just don't see why you would risk a switch at that point.

Also Super effective Brick Break has 150 power. Neutral STAB Thunder has 180 power. Thunder is stronger than brick break against ice types excluding Abomasnow and Mamoswine (grass knot would take care of Mamoswine).

cdawg3574
3rd August 2011, 7:39 AM
But you have to consider that cryogonal is specially bulky, too...

EDIT: My best run so far stands at 29...

epicmonster037
4th August 2011, 10:24 PM
So yesterday, I was bored and decided to go into the Battle Subway in my White version for the hell of it. Here was what I used:
Scizor-Adamant, max Attack/a lot of HP, some Speed, Choice Band, Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Superpower, Night Slash
Garchomp-Jolly, max Attack/Speed, Lum Berry, Dragon Claw, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Outrage
Hydreigon-Timid, max Sp Atk/Speed, Choice Scarf, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower

I actually managed to make it to the Subway Master (which I was NOT expecting), but the 48th match was by far the closest call I had. I was battling a Psychic, and here's what happened:

He leads with a Starmie, I have Scizor. I've hit up Psypoke, so I know he has a King's Rock, but I chance it.
He uses Surf, and...I flinch.
So I switch in Hydreigon and take about 1/4 of my HP from Surf.
I use Dark Pulse and get a crit (which may or may not have been useless) which OHKOs him. He uses Slowbro.
I Dark Pulse, and...he lives in the red and uses Trick Room (which I know full well it had).
He KO's me with Blizzard and recovers HP.
I bring in Scizor, hoping to finish it with Bullet Punch, but it lives and KO's me with Surf.
Thinking it's over and that I made it all the way for nothing, I bring in Garchomp. He uses Blizzard...and at this point i'm thanking god that I didn't give in, because HIS ATTACK MISSES, allowing me to KO him. His last one is Gallade...
...Which uses Close Combat and gets me to about 1/3 of my health, but lowers his defense, allowing me to bust him with Outrage.

Next up was the Subway Master, who wasn't tough (I had a well planned Xanatos Gambit for him).

He leads with Haxorus, I use Scizor.
I use Bullet Punch, he Dragon Dances, which turns out to be useless as I KO him with another hit.
He brings in Chandelure, I BP him for around ~30% of his health. He Overheats me and KO's...
So I bring in Garchomp. Unsure at first as to whether to just EQ him or use Swords Dance (because I could easily survive his hit, I had a Lum Berry and I knew his Excadrill had some Defense EVs), I decided to just slam him.
His last one is Excadrill, which I OHKO with Earthquake. Even if he had somehow knocked out Garchomp, I would have just brought in Hydreigon and finished him with Flamethrower.

Overall, he might have very tough hitters, but he's really not that hard if you have the right team. I lost shortly after in the 52nd battle to a guy with a Tornadus, but I don't care, I beat the freaking Subway Master. Glad that's done. I'm quite thankful for this Scizor, Bullet Punch can save your life when you least expect it :D

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th August 2011, 3:44 PM
I've completely beaten the Multi and Super Multi Trains, and I've beaten both Single trains.

sev2
5th August 2011, 8:09 PM
beeten all regular battles and currently training so i can't compete in the super battles quite yet. my previous tries were a fail though my record is like 16 -.-"

loveyfoof
6th August 2011, 4:48 AM
I take the rotation and triple battle subway. Already have 60 BP's.

loveyfoof
6th August 2011, 5:28 AM
I'm on my 57th win streak. Going to keep battling till I get to 100 wins.

Cain
6th August 2011, 7:19 AM
Got to a 38 win streak today (my first time past 14), and found myself facing a Legendary trainer... Great. Anyway, lead with Tyranitar, he lead with Virizion. Switched in Garchomp, Virizion missed with Focus Blast, 2HKO'd her with Fire Fang. Veteran sends in a Regice, I use Fire Fang, get it to red health and score a flinch. Kill it with another Fire Fang, and Veteran sends in Latias. Latias uses Trick, and I OHKO it with an Outrage! I was not expecting to win against a Legendary trainer at all, so it was a nice surprise.

Of course, the next trainer beat me (seriously?), so my streak ended at 38, but still a hell of a lot better than I had ever done before.

Oh, and my team is Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Garchomp.

jolteon135
6th August 2011, 7:39 AM
Got to a 38 win streak today (my first time past 14), and found myself facing a Legendary trainer... Great. Anyway, lead with Tyranitar, he lead with Virizion. Switched in Garchomp, Virizion missed with Focus Blast, 2HKO'd her with Fire Fang. Veteran sends in a Regice, I use Fire Fang, get it to red health and score a flinch. Kill it with another Fire Fang, and Veteran sends in Latias. Latias uses Trick, and I OHKO it with an Outrage! I was not expecting to win against a Legendary trainer at all, so it was a nice surprise.

Of course, the next trainer beat me (seriously?), so my streak ended at 38, but still a hell of a lot better than I had ever done before.

Oh, and my team is Tyranitar, Ferrothorn and Garchomp.

Haha, legendary trainers are a pain to beat. Keep trying, you'll get nicer streaker eventually. Tyranitar/Garchomp is a popular combo but I don't think Ferrothorn fits it well though somehow this guy (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3713563&postcount=460) got 146 with those 3. I mean how do you deal with fighting types?

Cain
6th August 2011, 3:18 PM
Haha, legendary trainers are a pain to beat. Keep trying, you'll get nicer streaker eventually. Tyranitar/Garchomp is a popular combo but I don't think Ferrothorn fits it well though somehow this guy (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3713563&postcount=460) got 146 with those 3. I mean how do you deal with fighting types?

I haven't had a ton of trouble with Fighting types yet, I just switch in Garchomp and hammer them with an Outrage. I've been having a lot more trouble with Ice types - neutral damage to Ttar and Ferro and 4x weakness to Garchomp. The team that killed mine consisted of a Frosslass, Abomasnow and Beartic, and decimated my team.

poopoop
6th August 2011, 7:37 PM
ice types are scary in the subway, they freeze my pokemon all the time

revv
6th August 2011, 7:39 PM
I've got a 35 win streak. Going on super single to battle him again!

Poke_Mania97
6th August 2011, 7:59 PM
i was cheated, CHEATED out of my win against Emmet! my 3ds had to turn of =.=

poopoop
8th August 2011, 8:44 PM
right now my record stands strong at 203 in super single, but sometimes i go through 7 battles without meeting a single legendary trainer. thats normal right?

Poke_Mania97
8th August 2011, 8:51 PM
right now my record stands strong at 203 in super single, but sometimes i go through 7 battles without meeting a single legendary trainer. thats normal right?

21 for first battle
48 for 2nd

Psycho Cut
8th August 2011, 8:53 PM
I'm up to 49 in singles atm. I'm going to aim for 70. After that, I'll aim higher of course! I'll probably go back to my doubles team too, my record with them is 59 and i lost due to sloppy play. That's what you get for playing at midnight!

poopoop
8th August 2011, 9:08 PM
21 for first battle
48 for 2nd

i meant some one that uses legendarys like suicune, latios, zapdos, etc.

Yunidus
9th August 2011, 9:05 PM
I did up to 33 at super doubles. Beat a team of Thundurus, Moltres, Suicune and Zapdos. Felt awesome.
My team was a Vaporeon, Excadrill, Reuniclus and Hydreigon. I lost to a god damn Alakazam that kept focus blasting both Ex~and Hydr~. Beat that one down with a nice surf + protection combination.Then he sends out a starmie that shadow balls my Reun 2 times causing it to flinch twice. My sweet Vaporeon drops the god damn starmie but he sends out A Luxray that finished me off. Any suggestions? :P

Any suggestions?

Jayz99z
11th August 2011, 10:11 PM
I like the battle subway but sometimes its frustrating.
Like the time i was on the 21st battle on the single line, and had the trainer down to his third pokemon. It was a Jellicent, which proceeded to wipe out two of my pokemon. Then, my final guy was a mienshao who only knew fighting moves swo i couldnt hit it. -.-

The Eleventh
17th August 2011, 11:20 PM
I never realised how useful Galvantula is before. It's an integral part of my Subway team, and has amazing coverage. Thunder/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball/Hidden Power Ice works excellently, especially with Compoundeyes. My Subway team's Galvantula, Ferrothorn and Defensive Scrafty.

unstopable373
18th August 2011, 6:43 AM
I swept Ingo with my Swampert the only real damage I took was from his Crustle.

jolteon135
18th August 2011, 6:56 AM
Congrats. Now go play the Super Line.

unstopable373
18th August 2011, 7:23 AM
give me some time ;) I don't just charge right into things.

AquaRegisteel
18th August 2011, 5:56 PM
I run a rain team in the Subway.

Politoed@Quick Claw
Modest Nature
Drizzle
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

Sets the rain up. Focus Blast has missed a lot, but missing hasn't affected my streaks.

Ludicolo@Expert Belt
Modest
Swift Swim
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast

The reason why DrizzleSwim is banned in competitive, hits hard and fast.

Metagross@Lum Berry
Relaxed(It works though, and outspeeds quite a few things after an Agility anyway)
-Agility
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Meteor Mash

Hits hard to be fair, but it's going to be replaced.

So, I managed to get a streak that was ended at about 23 battles. I came up against the king of hax: Walrein. Restalk Sheer Force Fissure. Killed both of my waters before killing it with Meteor Mash, and then died to something which I can't remember what it was...

But I must say hax really turns it's head on the foe, my Quick Claw once activated in 4 of the 5 turns I battled in against some team...

Grenseal
18th August 2011, 6:05 PM
This is a great challenge when I don't have wifi (or anyone to battle against) I think it's like the battle frontier in some ways but better.

Also why in god's green earth is it much harder to get battle points or is it me?

Chrysaries
18th August 2011, 8:29 PM
Oops... think i made a thread about battle subway. it wasent at all battle subway in general though. Does it count as a warning?

reinofc
19th August 2011, 1:53 AM
Ugh, I can't manage to beat Ingo. Damn Crustle and it's constant critical hit Stone Edges

R3d3mpti0n
19th August 2011, 2:33 AM
How long is the super single? I've gotten to 35 wins in a row, but I always feel that 3 pokes can't counterbalance each others' shortcomings. Any advice?