PDA

View Full Version : Trazio region

CrimsonFireworks
7th May 2011, 11:48 PM
Here is the pokedex for my soon to be fan game, Pokemon Iron and Stone.
Please note that not all of the sprites on this dex are sprited by me, but still offer suggestions so I can improve them. They are in Black and White style and will eventually be animated. 'k so here they are in the spoiler.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/160/a/b/trazio_region_dex_by_altariaking-d3fmtif.png
Obviously not in the right order yet, and will be updated when I make more stuff.

Credit to Jesgrad07 for the base, Involuntary Twitch for the type icons, re-spriting Hamahorn and some help with Vambat.
Credit to Spherical Ice for spriting Monana and making some edits to my Soupato.
Tropius, Lickitung and Lickilicky belongs to GameFreak.
'K thanks.

Altariaking = Me.

EzzPeon
7th May 2011, 11:59 PM
I'd love to crit but.. The image doesn't work.
Darn it, I'm curious.

CrimsonFireworks
8th May 2011, 12:44 AM
Sorry, accidentally linked my DA page as an image instead xD.
Should work now.

Innocent Bystander
8th May 2011, 9:34 AM
From what I can tell, you're quite a good spriter, but the image is fuzzy so I can't make out too many details.What did you save the image as?

CaptainCombusken
8th May 2011, 11:20 AM
No, no, it's Deviantart. There seems to be an image size limit, so anything that isn't is reduced in size, making it fuzzy. if you want the actual proper quality image, you would need to download the picture from the Deviantart page.

Alternatively, him loading up the image on a different image uploading website would work.

tomthepom
8th May 2011, 1:08 PM
Hamahorn is a concept by Altariaking, but there isn't any credit for it.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=471353
Here's a thread from last November to prove it.

CrimsonFireworks
8th May 2011, 3:19 PM
Altariaking is me. I made a new account on Pokecommunity and Youtube so I figured I'd make a new one here too xD

tomthepom
8th May 2011, 4:56 PM
Oh sorry, may want to put that somewhere.

CrimsonFireworks
14th May 2011, 1:59 AM
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/Licky-1.png
Lickitung pre-evo based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abura-akago
Probably my best sprite so far. At least I didn't spend a thousand times revising it like Boovet xD
Anyway, the idea is that it licks an oil from lamps, that reacts with a chemical in its tongue, causing it to grow.

darkprince909
14th May 2011, 7:48 AM
Im in LOVE with Boovet!!! (in a totally heterosexual way mind you XD) He's based on a sheet ghost right? I was planning on having someone draw a sheetghost pokemon for my hack (which i know youve seen), and i would be THRILLED if i could use Boovet and his evolution when he gets one.

The Lickitung evo almost seems like it should be a prevo/baby. Its sprited pretty well tho :)

tomthepom
15th May 2011, 5:53 AM
Too much black outline, arms seem a little unnaturally curved and the legs are not the same shape or size, one of them seems to roughly triangular while the other is more square.

@Darkprince, it clearly says Pre-Evo under the sprite.

darkprince909
15th May 2011, 6:27 AM
it was also edited this morning. i posted last night and at that time it said evo

Serris
17th May 2011, 2:43 AM
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/Licky-1.png
Lickitung pre-evo based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abura-akago
Probably my best sprite so far. At least I didn't spend a thousand times revising it like Boovet xD
Anyway, the idea is that it licks an oil from lamps, that reacts with a chemical in its tongue, causing it to grow.
I kinda like it, I kinda don't. The concept is nice, but I feel the head is too big for the tongue, or the tongue seems too small. Not such a fan of the feet: one looks like it's turned the wrong way. Maybe make it look like both feet are on the ground, and that would help stabilise the sprite. Shading is ok, but the anti-aliasing isn't right. Work the anti-aliasing in with the shading you have, which would make it look nicer. And maybe move the arm we see the most of over to the right by a feww pixels. It looks too far into its body.

CrimsonFireworks
17th May 2011, 11:11 AM
Im in LOVE with Boovet!!! (in a totally heterosexual way mind you XD) He's based on a sheet ghost right? I was planning on having someone draw a sheetghost pokemon for my hack (which i know youve seen), and i would be THRILLED if i could use Boovet and his evolution when he gets one.

The Lickitung evo almost seems like it should be a prevo/baby. Its sprited pretty well tho :)

Sorry, but Boovet, and all of these sprites except the official ones, are for private use.

Too much black outline, arms seem a little unnaturally curved and the legs are not the same shape or size, one of them seems to roughly triangular while the other is more square.

@Darkprince, it clearly says Pre-Evo under the sprite.

B/W sprites use a lot of black outline.
I originally said evo and then corrected it afterwards.

it was also edited this morning. i posted last night and at that time it said evo

Yup.

I kinda like it, I kinda don't. The concept is nice, but I feel the head is too big for the tongue, or the tongue seems too small. Not such a fan of the feet: one looks like it's turned the wrong way. Maybe make it look like both feet are on the ground, and that would help stabilise the sprite. Shading is ok, but the anti-aliasing isn't right. Work the anti-aliasing in with the shading you have, which would make it look nicer. And maybe move the arm we see the most of over to the right by a feww pixels. It looks too far into its body.

'k I've tried to fix all of this now.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/Licky-3.png

CrimsonFireworks
19th May 2011, 1:16 AM
Did some stuff. Check the first post please.

BLABO
20th May 2011, 11:49 PM
tbh i dont like the idea of a baby lickitung or tropius, if anything tropius should have an evolution. and des it have starters? and also names are a good idea

CrimsonFireworks
21st May 2011, 1:20 AM
tbh i dont like the idea of a baby lickitung or tropius, if anything tropius should have an evolution. and des it have starters? and also names are a good idea

Yeah but it's my fakedex. And Tropius is too much of a big guy for an evolution. He needs a pre-evo more than an evo. Yes, but obviously they are not finished yet. In fact I don't even have a design for them yet. They have names, but I changed the Pokedex base, so now I have to put the name back on because I forgot.

BynineB
21st May 2011, 1:45 AM
The baby Lickitung looks like a slightly smaller, headless Lickitung. Baby forms of Pokemon are usually far changed from their evolutions (ref. Budew, Wynaut, Munchlax) and this doesn't do that at all.

the hydreigon
21st May 2011, 1:50 AM
the hammer and supe is stupid
the tropius thing is awesome

tomthepom
21st May 2011, 5:21 AM
The baby Lickitung looks like a slightly smaller, headless Lickitung. Baby forms of Pokemon are usually far changed from their evolutions (ref. Budew, Wynaut, Munchlax) and this doesn't do that at all.

Sorry but Budew is the only legit one you said there, Wynaut and Munchlax both look like smaller versions of their evolutions.

Plat. Frontier
21st May 2011, 1:25 PM

Well, that was no help...

I agree that the hammer-pokemon was pretty generic and unoriginal (pretty much a Marowak/Cubone with a hammer head).

The soup Pokemon's typing is very unique (kudos for fire/water typing), but not very great. It looks what it looks like: A bowl of soup holding a spoon. Bland, but not too bland.

You have a very unique typing for your ghost, but it looks like the ghost from the Paper Mario series.

The dark bat is pretty unoriginal. You pulled off the look pretty great, but the look is also the problem (paradox?). It just looks like a mashed up version of Zubat & Murkrow.

The middle evo. (I think) of the Bug/Grass (your first unoriginal typing) is just bad. The bush concept is terrible, and it was terribly pulled off.

Tropius pre-evo. is good, but bland.

Lickitung pre-evo. is bland, and a smaller, mashed up version of Lickitung. Even pre-evo's have major differences (Budew, Happiny, Togepi, etc.).

If this were a test, you'd get "Needs Improvement".

CrimsonFireworks
21st May 2011, 1:41 PM

Togepi > Togetic
Azurill > Marill

Your grammar and spelling is stupid.

I agree that the hammer-pokemon was pretty generic and unoriginal (pretty much a Marowak/Cubone with a hammer head).

The soup Pokemon's typing is very unique (kudos for fire/water typing), but not very great. It looks what it looks like: A bowl of soup holding a spoon. Bland, but not too bland.

You have a very unique typing for your ghost, but it looks like the ghost from the Paper Mario series.

The dark bat is pretty unoriginal. You pulled off the look pretty great, but the look is also the problem (paradox?). It just looks like a mashed up version of Zubat & Murkrow.

The middle evo. (I think) of the Bug/Grass (your first unoriginal typing) is just bad. The bush concept is terrible, and it was terribly pulled off.

Tropius pre-evo. is good, but bland.

Lickitung pre-evo. is bland, and a smaller, mashed up version of Lickitung. Even pre-evo's have major differences (Budew, Happiny, Togepi, etc.).

If this were a test, you'd get "Needs Improvement".

Neither was this really.

Not at all. It's supposed to be based on a brick and a hammer. What you're saying is that anything with something on its head is a Cubone/Marowak rip-off.

I'm re-doing it.

I've never played Paper Mario. It looks fine to me.

It's supposed to be similar to Zubat...it's a Bat...where you got the Murkrow part I have no idea.

No, it's a cocoon using a leaf pile as a disguise. In regards to the next sentence:

Looks fine to me. What do you want a moustache and a hat?

Look at what I said to BynineB.

If this were a test you'd get fired for not marking it very well.

Damn I need some crit that actually helps. >_<

CrimsonFireworks
22nd May 2011, 6:53 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/142/7/3/stonehenge_by_altariaking-d3gy2jv.png
The Geodude of my region, based on Stonehenge.

CrimsonFireworks
25th May 2011, 5:58 PM
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/Ersect.png

Here is the pre-evo to my cloakoon, based on a leaf insect. Something about this looks odd to me, so if you know what it is, let me know

spiderlizard2099
28th May 2011, 6:32 PM
I was wondering if you could a porygon3 to your region? I mean porygon3 as in an alternate evolution for porygon2.

umbreot
30th May 2011, 6:07 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

CrimsonFireworks
30th May 2011, 6:48 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Get away from that damn mirror!

Dirty-Jewish-Muslim
30th May 2011, 7:03 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
How about you shut you scrawny little trap, i'll tell you after looking at your BS, i find it very humorous that you'd say that to someone, when you can hardly fuse! ;258;

umbreot
30th May 2011, 7:05 PM
The ability to make people rage with one word comments. That is power. Thank you.

CrimsonFireworks
30th May 2011, 7:07 PM
The ability to make people rage with one word comments. That is power. Thank you.

The ability to never get laid. That is you.

BynineB
30th May 2011, 7:27 PM
Hey, um, guys, stop fighting.

Also, Azurill is quite different from Marill, as is Togepi from Togetic. (Wynaut has the dress and different body shape, Munchlax.. are you kidding me? If you coloured it differently you wouldn't be able to tell is was related to Snorlax..)

Azurill has a fat tail which it's sitting upon, no arms, different markings, no nose, fatter ears, I could go on. Togepi has a yellow body, no wings, a different body shape, a shell unlike Togetic.. again I could go on. Your Lickitung prevolution is a smaller Lickitung with purple on its tongue. And no rings on its legs. It's even the same colour! It needs to be more different.

Damn I need some crit that actually helps. >_<

Okay, now you're starting to make me angry.. That person was very kind to come to your thread and try and help you.

Dirty-Jewish-Muslim
30th May 2011, 7:48 PM
lol @ wanna' be troll.
I'm not ragin', I just don't like it when stupid people are stupid :D
HERP A DERP

TheEpicGoomba
30th May 2011, 7:50 PM
They look nicely made. I love the Lickitung one.

ebilly99
30th May 2011, 8:28 PM
CrimsonFireworks is this going to be a true game? I love your fire water pokemon. Is it a bowl of soup or a teacup? Also Litlicky tounge looks a little wide. Maybe narowing it a smidge may help?

maxxa
30th May 2011, 8:32 PM
[QUOTE=CrimsonFireworks;12469549]
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/IronandStonePokedex.png

okay time to crit:
first off, the picture is blurry and so it will be tough to go into proper detail.

the hammer headed pokemon is nicely sprited, but its design is a little boring. it looks unnatural, find a way to make the hammer part of something or maybe change its shape a little to look better, also, think of it in real terms, a pokemon wouldnt happily bash its face into things, so put the eyes at the side, maybe have the mouth be more of a dinosaur/reptillian mouth, and have the tip of the hammer be its nose, it would look better and be a more natural design,
the soup pokemon is wrong, its a soup bowl with arms and a face, if you want to use the bowl concept you can think about tribes who, in cliche'd situations, put people in bowls for cooking, you could have a stone bowl and have the face be some kind of pattern, like an aztec statue, heres a picture to hopefully inspire you:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/2895380740_e59bbf1b33.jpg
you cant just give an object a face and call it a pokemon, it doesnt work like that.
i like the bat, i have no issued without that (but as i said i cant go into detail because the image is fuzzy)
the tropius baby is an odd shape, the legs stick out from the bottom instead of the back like they should, imagine a dog, the 'bum' follows into the legs naturally, the head should also be less round and more like tropius' head.

the lickitung evo just looks like a smaller lickitung, you need to find a better way of realising your concept (the oil licking) than just having a small lickitung with oil on its tongue, babies are rarely just little versions of the original pokemon.
the ghost is a ghost, no biggie, but find an interesting way to make it more of a pokemon, other than just boo from Mario

I hope i was helpful.

Dirty-Jewish-Muslim
30th May 2011, 8:41 PM
CrimsonFireworks is this going to be a true game? I love your fire water pokemon. Is it a bowl of soup or a teacup? Also Litlicky tounge looks a little wide. Maybe narowing it a smidge may help?

I got you good, boy, problem?

maxxa
30th May 2011, 10:39 PM
I got you good, boy, problem?
I hope you know its really obvious that you're Crimsonfireworks...

CrimsonFireworks
31st May 2011, 2:18 AM
Hey, um, guys, stop fighting.

Also, Azurill is quite different from Marill, as is Togepi from Togetic. (Wynaut has the dress and different body shape, Munchlax.. are you kidding me? If you coloured it differently you wouldn't be able to tell is was related to Snorlax..)

Azurill has a fat tail which it's sitting upon, no arms, different markings, no nose, fatter ears, I could go on. Togepi has a yellow body, no wings, a different body shape, a shell unlike Togetic.. again I could go on. Your Lickitung prevolution is a smaller Lickitung with purple on its tongue. And no rings on its legs. It's even the same colour! It needs to be more different.

Okay, now you're starting to make me angry.. That person was very kind to come to your thread and try and help you.

Agreed, Umbreot please do not post here again or you will be reported.

Ok, I'll try a different colour and maybe a few tweaks to the design. I really like the design the way it is though. :\

I have apologised for that.

They look nicely made. I love the Lickitung one.

Thanks. :)

Thanks, it's a bowl of soup. :)

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/IronandStonePokedex.png

okay time to crit:
first off, the picture is blurry and so it will be tough to go into proper detail.

the hammer headed pokemon is nicely sprited, but its design is a little boring. it looks unnatural, find a way to make the hammer part of something or maybe change its shape a little to look better, also, think of it in real terms, a pokemon wouldnt happily bash its face into things, so put the eyes at the side, maybe have the mouth be more of a dinosaur/reptillian mouth, and have the tip of the hammer be its nose, it would look better and be a more natural design,
the soup pokemon is wrong, its a soup bowl with arms and a face, if you want to use the bowl concept you can think about tribes who, in cliche'd situations, put people in bowls for cooking, you could have a stone bowl and have the face be some kind of pattern, like an aztec statue, heres a picture to hopefully inspire you:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/2895380740_e59bbf1b33.jpg
you cant just give an object a face and call it a pokemon, it doesnt work like that.
i like the bat, i have no issued without that (but as i said i cant go into detail because the image is fuzzy)
the tropius baby is an odd shape, the legs stick out from the bottom instead of the back like they should, imagine a dog, the 'bum' follows into the legs naturally, the head should also be less round and more like tropius' head.

the lickitung evo just looks like a smaller lickitung, you need to find a better way of realising your concept (the oil licking) than just having a small lickitung with oil on its tongue, babies are rarely just little versions of the original pokemon.
the ghost is a ghost, no biggie, but find an interesting way to make it more of a pokemon, other than just boo from Mario

I hope i was helpful.

Picture is too blurry? Sorry, thought I fixed that.

I prefer simple designs in fakemon. Most fakemon are so complex, and I want to kinda stray away from that. Hamahorn can hit with his head and not feel it, because his skull is so solid. It's just like Cranidos/Rampardos. And Shieldon/Bastiodon protect with their face too.

Again, I prefer the simpler designs...xD
I am going to redo Soupato though.

Wow I think Vambat may be my best lol.

Monana is also being redone.

See my response to BynineB.

It's the best I can do. I've tried so many designs and it's hard to make a stereotypical ghost look original.

It did, thanks. :)

I hope you know its really obvious that you're Crimsonfireworks...

Negative, he's my friend who saw my conversation with umbreot and joined Serebii to join in. And also troll by the looks of it lol.

Anyway I'm going to update the first post later.

CrimsonFireworks
31st May 2011, 7:18 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/151/2/d/she_sells_sea_shells_by_altariaking-d3hp2ab.png (http://altariaking.deviantart.com/#/d3hp2ab)
Water starter, based on a sea snail. Click image for its data.

darkprince909
2nd June 2011, 6:34 AM
hmm... i just noticed that the lickitung prevo is kinda reminiscent of the japanese abura-akago, a human infant that licks oil from lamps. it was one of the concepts maxxa mentioned to me about the cute legendary for my dex

just a useless bit of trivia

CrimsonFireworks
3rd June 2011, 5:18 PM
hmm... i just noticed that the lickitung prevo is kinda reminiscent of the japanese abura-akago, a human infant that licks oil from lamps. it was one of the concepts maxxa mentioned to me about the cute legendary for my dex

just a useless bit of trivia

'Cause it is ;)
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/Booshoo.png
Pika-clone based on a bush baby.

UmbreonKit333
3rd June 2011, 6:48 PM
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/altariaking/Booshoo.png
Pika-clone based on a bush baby.

Hello!

I'm obviously not in any posistion to try and crit, but I think the Pika-clone is a bit too much Pikachu.

The colours are a little too bright, and it looks a tad...er....fat. The right (Ours) is a little wider and flatter than the left (Ours) one.

Also, the eyes are a bit...wide. They look too unnatural. The left (Again, Ours) ear looks cut off.

Sorry if I didn't help much, its pretty much my first time trying to give crit. I do like your ideas, and I think they have a lot of potential.

CrimsonFireworks
10th June 2011, 2:44 PM
Big update, check the first post.

maxxa
10th June 2011, 4:37 PM
Uhm...boosho is pikachu?

HydroSwampert
10th June 2011, 4:39 PM
Wow! Your sprites are awesome! Your Water-Type Starter looks awesome! I can't wait to see some more! And, I agree with UmbreonKit333 , Booshu looks a little too much like Pikachu! Sorry that I can't give amazing crit, but they do look amazing and there isn't much, if anything, to crit about!

CrimsonFireworks
19th June 2011, 5:26 PM
Uhm...boosho is pikachu?

No. He's Booshu.

Wow! Your sprites are awesome! Your Water-Type Starter looks awesome! I can't wait to see some more! And, I agree with UmbreonKit333 , Booshu looks a little too much like Pikachu! Sorry that I can't give amazing crit, but they do look amazing and there isn't much, if anything, to crit about!

Thanks, imma try and fix Booshu when I get the chance. :)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/170/8/7/pumpweeeeeeeeeee_by_altariaking-d3jbhwb.png (http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d3jbhwb)

Click it. :)